[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 23 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Fha_MltaYAE6zT2.jpg (215 KB, 1080x1620)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
Previous thread: >>10128075

>NECA Last Ronin (armored & shirtless) hitting stores
>Playmates Last Ronin (b/w and color) hitting comic shops
>Playmates Street Fighter x TMNT, Stranger Things x TMNT hitting Targets
>Super7 TMNT Ultimates wave 9 revealed!
>Super7 TMNT glow in the dark Foot Soldier shipping
>NECA's AutoT/Walmart exclusive blue Renet, black and white Mirage Foot & Shredder are shipping!
>NECA Mirage Renet (IDW colors), Utrom, and Casey as well as Archie Slash are shipping out & being found at Target and Wal-Mart
>FuRay Samurai Turtles rebranded as the Samurai Animals
>Heatboys/Snap Design Mecha Leonardo up for pre-order
>FuRay Planet Wilderness Hunter Crocker (totally not Leatherhead!) shipping!
>BST AXN is dumping loads of TMNT. Clogging all shelves.
>Diamond is bringing back TMNT Minimates!

>Useful Links:
TMNTToys, a useful resource for TMNT toy history - http://www.tmnttoys.com/
Necastore - https://thenecastore.com/
Super7's Website - https://super7.com/

>Archive:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/search/subject/tmnt%20general/
>>
File: FiMAfu8XkBYNQPV.jpg (584 KB, 1200x1200)
584 KB
584 KB JPG
>>
File: FiMAeNtWIAAesph.jpg (265 KB, 1200x1200)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>10153948
>>
Some prototypes from Designer-Con
>>
>>10153954
>>
>>10153958
>>
File: nobodyboughtthese.png (707 KB, 885x685)
707 KB
707 KB PNG
>>10153959
>>
File: Fh0MYweXwAIBtKl.jpg (212 KB, 1125x1411)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>
I just want the Fury Donatello, Christmas crackers!
>>
File: FiH9HQeXoAIrPSA.jpg (293 KB, 1228x2048)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
And the big, big news: NECA's Black Friday Sale. If you're needing the Secret of the Ooze Shredder or SotO Turtle 2-packs then you'll want to be up and about Friday morning.

>The NECA Black Friday sale is upon us, and we're ready to deliver some showcase some TMNT figures you may have missed during their initial run for your holiday collector shopping. From Friday 11/25/22 8am PST/11am EST to Monday 11/28/22 (or while supplies last) grab these hot TMNT figures at https://thenecastore.com/.

>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Secret of the Ooze-7” Scale-Action Figure – Shredder
>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990 Movie) -7” Scale-Action Figure- Ultimate Casey Jones
>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990 Movie) -7” Scale-Action Figure – Splinter and Shredder 2 Pack
>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 7" Figure Cartoon Series 2 Rocksteady and Bebop - 2 pack
>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 7" Figure Cartoon Series 3 Leatherhead & Slash - 2 Pack
>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Secret of the Ooze – 7” Scale Action Figure – Leonardo & Raphael 2 Pack
>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Secret of the Ooze – 7” Scale Action Figure – Donatello & Michelangelo 2 Pack
>>
>>10153954
Huh, flocked Splinter looks better than expected. Still not buying it because I think it'll age poorly, but it looks fine.

>>10153968
Holy hell this looks awful, they should have done storage shell instead of this cheap shit. I know this is trying to recoup mold costs, but still, it cheapens the look of the line overall.
>>
>>10153947
>nose slits
in english we call them 'nostrils'

oh and while we're listing news and upcoming stuff,->>10153981 oh you got it. good job.
>>
>>10153948
the weirdest fucking thing about these is that they've been changing how they do them over time, so now characters can have a lot more interesting standing poses, multiple weapons, and a lot more accurate sculpting, whiiiiich also means they won't match the existing ones.
>>
>>10153954
I actually think Scumbug could have been fatter, but I'll take it.
>>10153968
wait, so when they're not glowing, they're still green? that's a good thing but it's also really surreal. and if it's possible, why wasn't muckman done that way?
>>
>>10154008
it makes me wonder if we might actually get a 'toy version of movie splinter' Ultimate. because I'd buy the fuck out of that in a heartbeat. I loved that toy tremendously. even though in retrospect he wasn't actually all that accurate, and he really needs sculpted fur to look right
super lookin forward to a movie II splinter, it's strange to me we haven't seen him yet. we've seen Professor fucking Perry
>>
>>10153947
These are pretty textured and detailed, a departure from offerings from NECA which are oftentimes smooth and featureless (by design).
>>
>>10154024
That's...not even a proper comparison. Like what are you talking about? Of course the toon stuff is smoother. But then there's the movie stuff that's got tons of texturing. Hell even the Last Ronin figures have incredible texturing on them.
>>
>>10153958
I dig Wingnut, I could see getting him and only him.
>>
>>10154042
yeah I'll be getting just Scumbug. Sometimes you just need one from a wave..
>>
>>10154018
Yeah, he looks too skinny. I generally prefer Super 7's toy-based takes. but I did buy NECA's Scumbug and they nailed his squat, pot-bellied physique perfectly.
>>
>>10153981
>NECA's Black Friday Sale
Why are they calling it that? We all know these are all going to be full-price.
>>
>>10154397
Full price, you say? Doesn't seem to meet the definition of a sale.
>>
>>10154545
>the exchange of a commodity for money; the action of selling something.

Oh look at that, it does meet the definition of sale! Guess you're an illiterate fucktard!

>>10154579
Yes, he does. They're seperatly packed as "bonus" items for legal reasons.
>>
File: file.png (22 KB, 1027x240)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
Fuck yeah, now that's how you start a work day
>>
>>10154814
Congrats! Seems like everyone is getting notices. It's gonna be a very turtley Christmas.
>>
>>10154730
this is the difference between 'a sale' and 'on sale' but in this context, the latter is implied.
>>10155372
isn't every christmas?
>>
>>10155382
wait
i mean a sale or .. for sale.. wait.. what do I mean?
like you can have 'a garage sale' or some other word substituted, and it is just normal things for sale
but ON sale is- fuckit nevermind
>>
>>10155498
TECHNICALLY 'on sale' can be both 'for sale' and 'for sale at a reduced price'. Using the term 'On Sale' to a normal person implies the latter but is used as a weasel tactic to mean the former.
>>
>>10155507
Target gift cards are on sale for Necallector reps then, because time = money
>>
>>10155605
Your logic is as weak as your pathetic trolling attempts. You are truly the saddest waste of space on this board.
>>
I got this handsome guy a few weeks ago along with Mutagen man.
My wallet is safe unless Super7 Wyrm or Scale Tail come out.
Do they have plans to do a robot body Krang?
>>
>>10156539
Nothing confirmed yet for Wyrm, Scale Tail, OR the robot body.
>>
>>10156539
We don't really know what plans they have until waves are revealed, though I would guess that Android Krang is probably on their list given what a prominent character he is and how well remembered that particular toy was
>>
>>10154730
All technically right, but associating it with "Black Friday" implies a reduced price.
>>
File: ntfx08oe3ld61.png (486 KB, 640x640)
486 KB
486 KB PNG
>>10156539
I'm kinda anticipating disappointment if they do Scale Tail. Part of what I loved about the original was the weird knobbly jointed tail and super squat proportions, and I feel like a modern version would just go for like, a bendy wired tail to keep the aesthetic smooth, kind of like this pic. And that's really boring to me.
>>
>>10156611
so far they've been doing minimally jointed tails that just look good in one or two poses. so I think we'll have the opposite problem and you won't be disappointed
>>
>>10156586
Selling products that are already on the market for the same price as they usually are should not reconsidered a Black Friday sale. Randy tricks us again
>>
>>10156628
oh actually i took another look at the original
yeah i doubt they're gonna do it like that. but maybe a series of ball joints?
>>
>>10156678
>"on the market"
walmart exclusive = ebay exclusive. it's not just a meme
>>
>>10156678
Tricked huh? You must be pretty fucking stupid if you think making things eaiser to get is being "tricked." Fucking retard.
>>
5ktoys is doing a vote for how tall to make NotDonnie:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClSK5Y6JKYG/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=55e0c455-cdb4-43f9-8dd2-96c87f1e0690&ig_mid=76EB9291-A504-4702-B97B-541A078F9ED8
>>
>>10156837
>not making raph the shortest
come on
>>
>>10156839
Should make him a complete manlet, would really help sell his short temper
>>
>>10156843
he's literally supposed to be wolverine
i always imagine raph the shortest and leo the tallest. don kind of works as the tall guy because he's got the tall weapon, but as a geek he works better kinda shorter and maybe hunched over
mikey should be medium but the thickest one.
>>
File: chubby wubby.jpg (162 KB, 704x400)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>10156857
We know for a fact Michelangelo is going to become a lil' porker
>>
>>10156837
>>10156837
>and Spring is shortest one
Man, lotta people bitched, huh?
>>
>>10156896
Speakin of! 5ktoys just dinged me for full payment! He's finally coming
>>
>>10156956
You can also go to the site and search "samurai" and pay for the second payment that way.

Also got my SOTO stuffed ordered from the Neca store. Super excited!
>>
>everything is sold out already
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the hell is wrong with neca? partnering with walmart? making such tiny numbers of the stuff they want to sell??
>>
>>10157872
Employee bonus is paid in figures to resell on ebay, gotta keep those aftermarket prices high
>>
>>10157880
that's the only explanation that makes any sense
you see, this is why tinfoil hats are so popular. when the wild conspiracy is significantly more reasonable and logical than what is presumably, or formerly, the truth...
>>
>>10157887
It's a pretty common tactic with small collectible companies. WotC notoriously underpays staff and back in the 90s/2000s when they were REALLY struggling they gave people backstock Reserve List cards in lieu of actual money.
>>
>>10157891
>It's a pretty common tactic with small collectible companies.
lol citation needed.
>paying people in backstock reserve cards
okay that i'd believe, but what does that have to do with-
oh sorry, I misread >>10157880 and thought it was saying 'employees paid a bonus if figures resell on ebay'
okay the problem there is, the employees who now profit more if their 'pay' is worth more, are not in charge of telling the factories how many to produce. No company WANTS a single third party sale to happen, because that's more money the company could have made, had they but known to crank out more product at the factory.
>>
Well anyway I sent neca a displeased email, for all the minute likelihood that will affect things
also, all that discussion yesterday about whether this qualifies as a sale, the prices were HIGHER than retail, so
>>
>>10158046
The company likely only produces what Walmart is prepared to stock, plus whatever they need for QC replacements and then they figure out approximately what they will need to sell themselves. You keep employees happy by giving them product that they can resell while it costs them a fraction of an actual cash bonus.
>>
>>10158049
I sent a slur on insta to randy’s right hand
>>
File: file.png (210 KB, 554x439)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>>10158049
Not sure how much good it will do, collectible toys are in a weird place right now where the demand is still high enough that companies could still reasonably charge more and still get good sales figures. We bitch endlessly about increasing costs but outside of egregious examples like Super7 we're still happy to fork over our $40
>>
>>10158049
You sound like a total faggot.
>>
>>10157887
>>10157891
>>10157880
None of this makes any sort of sense. It's not even tinfoil hat territory, it's just pure retarded bulshit.

>>10157872
There was a screw up on the inventory, it's all going back up this Monday at the same time. You haven't missed out.
>>
>>10157872
I was there 5 minutes after the time. FIVE FUCKING MINUTES. How the fuck did this shit sell out that fast? I couldn't get to it at the exact time because I was at work and in the middle of doing my job, but I honestly didn't think that in those 5 minutes past the start of the sale that I'd already have missed out. Fuck, man.
>>
>>10158118
>There was a screw up on the inventory, it's all going back up this Monday at the same time. You haven't missed out.
For real?
>>
>>10158121
Yes, Blaine posted earlier. The orders that went through today are good, but they have more stock than what the website "allowed" or something. So they're going again this Monday.
>>
>>10158124
Sweet, that's good news for >>10158119
>>
>>10158052
still make you more money to produce more
an immediate selling out within a few hours of a weekend sale is a sign of bad business.
>>10158118
source? if that were true, why not accept orders now and fill them later?
>>
>>10158127
>why not accept orders now and fill them later?
Because that would be fucking panamonium? It's easier to just make sure they have things set up right this time. And Blaine's twitter.
>>
>>10158049
>higher than retail
Jesus fucking christ randy is fleecing you idiots hard. That does not qualify as a "Black Friday sale" no matter what a shill says.
>>
>>10158130
there's something I don't understand about the process I'm sure, but it seems to me if you know with certainty you have 700 units, you can allow 700 sales before marking it 'out of stock'
the items will start shipping out on monday, when the stock appears
considering some companies take pre-orders 18 months in advance, and how many people might just now be heading to the neca store for its advertised sale..
>>
>>10158136
They weren't higher than retail, dumbass.
>>
>>10158127
>still make you more money to produce more
Sure, but they also run the risk of not being able to sell the extra stock. It hurts more to make 100k units when you only manage to sell 50k, rather than make a conservative 45k and sell out. If the demand is there they could do another run in the future, they've done it before.
>>
>>10154397
This is why there will always be a scalper market. Most of those figs where 2 weeks open preorder. And yet people still sleep on it and then complain when they can't get one.
>>
>>10158168
You'd be surprised how easy it is to miss these windows. Having to be subscribed to 3 different social media feeds + newsletters just to make sure you actually see a notice or ad is a hassle since not every announcement goes up on all platforms.
>>
>>10158138
okay another way of putting it, the prices have gone up since these specific products were already at retail
>>
>>10158162
if shit sells out this fast, your risk management strats are not working.
but that anon claims this isn't a real sellout, so that changes things
>>10158168
2 weeks open pre-order is not nearly enough, and two of these have been walmart exclusive til now, no other opportunity.
>>
File: Fic43iFXEAIHeHp.jpg (102 KB, 900x600)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>
>>10158257
lol little squished krang
>Saki, why don't i get to be chibi too?
>>
File: dfdfg.png (471 KB, 1407x533)
471 KB
471 KB PNG
EE has a few Ultimates on sale.
>>
>>10158311
That is an amazing deal for that Mutagen Man. Really great toy. The Ultimates Radioactive Toxie was available too a few days ago for real cheap, but it seems he's sold out now.
>>
>>10158316
Damn, wish the normal Foot Soldier would go on sale. I kinda want another one, it feels weird only having 1.
>>
How do you have your Samurai Leo equipped? He's got a hell of an arsenal, but with 3 long swords, one short, 3 kunai, the nekode and shuriken... and three belt loops and one scabbard... oh I guess if you're using the flag, that'd go in the rear belt loop wouldn't it. i would if it had an alternate flag with some kinda kanji on it, even a joke one.
>>
>>10158327
Mask on, 1 long sword and shield in hand, 1 long sword in scabbard on back, 1 long and 1 short sword in side scabbard, flag. Ninja is decked out.
>>
>>10158311
Poor Lagoony being essentially priced at 5 dollars.
but yeah, the problem with glowagen man being included in that excellent combo deal is everybody got him and then a ton of people resold him, so the market's quite flooded despite him being an exclusive.
As much as I agree it's a great toy, I was content with the regular version. Metallic asparagus-piss yellow and prog-rock-album-cover-magenta are not my favorite colors.
>>
>>10158331
>Mask on,
you're a braver man than I. I'm not taking that chance again on my replacement after the neck peg snapped. but I do quite like the mask, plus it helps you display him with the other turtles while looking less conspicuous.
>shield
interesting. I do have some nostalgia for how like everyone had a shield back then, but it feels so out of place on a samurai.
also you've done the same thing I have, which is put one sword in hand without giving him an empty place to put it... I should really change that.
>>
BBTS scam site sent 5x Utrom and Casey Jones. I take back the mean things I said about them, the comic line is still n*ca's best. Please forgive me n*ca anon.
>>
>>10158348
I greased up the inside of his neck something fierce before daring to pull the head, and it came off pretty clean.
>>
>>10158357
hadn't thought of that. after all, friction isn't really the primary enemy here. and I wouldn't want it wobbly afterwards, I suppose you wiped it off before applying the new head
if I had a hairdryer i'd use it, but I only have hot water at my disposal, and I don't wanna soak the entire dang head

also I'm realizing now Leatherhead's loose hips, while not that loose, are much worse for him than others.. because his hip joints are made completely inaccessible by those jorts he's wearing over his jeans (in fact it looks more like he's wearing a jean jacket as pants, over the cut off legs of some jeans so they can continue down further). adding floor polish will not be easy or maybe even possible here.
>>
>>10158368
Actually the silicone grease I used is still in there, the head isn't heavy enough to cause sagging. I used the hairdryer for putting the new head on though, that hole was tight.
>>
>>10158371
the guy at forbidden planet said he'd take these replacement guys out of their packages just to make sure everything's working, no broken limbs, and i THINK he tried popping samurai leo's head off and gave up because it was loosened for sure, but the alt head was still held in by its elastic tie.
I suppose silicone grease is not a bad choice here, it aint exactly wd-40
>>
>>10158390
It's come in handy a few times, I originally bought it because of Figuarts Recoome's frozen shoulder and ended up using it to fix a frozen thigh on Metalhead and a frozen arm on Danny. $10 and it will last years.
>>
>>10158398
hm might need to invest at some point
i thought frozen joints were caused by a bit of paint or just too-warm plastic adhering to other plastic, lubricant is something I tend to bust out for something that is moving, but not well enough. a tight joint, but never a stuck one. shows what I know though
>>
>>10158400
Any amount of friction adds to difficulties with moving parts, raw plastic on plastic can be sticky inside balljoints. It's not as much of an assist as heat, but it adds to it well enough that when something is REAL sketchy like a shitty thin peg it never hurts to have extra insurance.
>>
>>10158205
>2 weeks open pre-order is not nearly enough
How? It's tons of time to order whatever you want.
>>
>>10158420
Not everyone always has the cash to spare and pay periods vary.
>>
>>10158424
Then that's your problem. They can't do insane long pre-orders when they have to keep a schedule of getting things tooled and produced.
>>
>>10158426
NECA: "FUCK poor people!"
>>
>>10158420
it's not long enough to even find out about it, dude
i'm used to things being available for purchase for something like 18 to 36 months. sometimes it's only 12, and I get it. the thing went quickly and that was all she wrote. if it was popular, maybe they'll do a re-release in the future.
i mean what is this, my childhood? where I want a toyline but I have to get a ride to the store within a set time or the toyline is gone and now I only have three metallic street sharks and have to settle for one of the gimmicky side-line ones to fill out my team?
>>
>>10158426
you can do a pre-order indefinitely. that's the magic of pre-orders. ideally, they would replace retail entirely. You just tell ol' santyclaus what you want from the catalog, and eventually it arrives.
>>
>>10158436
No, you really can't. There's a reason these companies do these things in cycles. They don't want to sit on one or two orders showing up every month or two or three. Doing these big bulk orders is the only way to keep from losing money with China.
>>
>>10158439
Yeah, you don't DESERVE to buy Neca toys unless you follow every single staff member on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Youtube. And you BETTER watch and read EVERY SINGLE message else you're fucking TRASH.
>>
>>10158448
Or you know, just any toy site that posts news. It's not hard, at all, to get news. Stop acting like getting information is hard on the fucking internet of all things.
>>
>>10158439
not everyone is used to this web 3.0 'following' nonsense. I took a break from /toy/ threads for like 3 weeks once and it just so happened 2 of those weeks contained the announcement for, and the entirety of, an important pre-order.
or maybe it was 5 weeks I dunno. it was not nearly enough time. The narrower the pre-order window, the longer in advance we need to know about it, so we can plan.
>>10158447
I said indefinitely, not literally forever. Once the orders slow to a trickle like that, you make a big announcement that the ordering window is going to cease, you get a bunch more FOMO buyers, then you stop.
and we need to just end china
>>
>>10158457
Don't bother trying to explain yourself, he's some brain addled zoomer whose entire ego is wrapped up in a toy company he has no affiliation with and will spend literal hours shitting up multiple threads. You are not wrong to be annoyed at how this shit gets advertised, but that's how it is currently. You might be able to preorder from stores who are just buying from the Necastore and reselling for an OK-ish aftermarket price.
>>
>>10158461
i want to know ahead of time when I can safely close myself off, because I need a fucking break from it. You can't just check and check and check without rest. god, you're going to be old someday too, anon. might take you longer than it took me, I sure hope it does, but it'll happen.
>>
>>10158471
well I'd love it if you got off of MY internet so it could go back to how it was, and I could periodically check -websites- run by -people- who might share news about new upcoming products
but that's probably not going to happen, so as long as we're stuck with each other, you could learn some perspective.
>>
>>10158497
>Mention Toyark
>Their last NECA tagged article was November 1
Great example
>>
i can't wait for super7 to do Walkabout so I can pit him against Leatherhead.
>>10158503
dude, he shilled -Twitter-
that's the point where you should have noped out of the discussion, like I did.
>>
>>10158521
So you just throw around the word "shill" whenever you feel like it when you want to remain dumb? It's fucking Twitter, there's news there. Use instgram, use facebook, whatever. If you want to know what's going on with the world of toys, you go where the people posting about it are.
>>
>>10158514
I am a moderator on thefwoosh I don’t need another site
>>
>>10158544
No you're not.
>>
>>10158514
>Fine, if the thing I said would work won't work, just somehow-know to do another thing!
>>
File: file.png (852 KB, 960x540)
852 KB
852 KB PNG
>>10158552
>"Look man, I work fourteen hours a day at the saw mill. I just got off work and I need to relax.
>"Well when I relax I just go to my vacation house in Hawaii!"
"I ain't got a vacation house in Hawaii!"
"Your vacation house in Mexico, then, whatever it is!"
>>
>>10158552
I provided BOTH examples in my post, and you picked ONE to bitch about. You being lazy does not negate the fact that the information is out there and easy to get to.
>>
>>10158568
>I provided BOTH examples in my post
preternia is toyark?
>>
File: file.png (551 KB, 1241x743)
551 KB
551 KB PNG
>>10158568
Preternia has even less recent news on it, just give up dude.
>>
>>10158576
So you're being willfully stupid. Preternia's twitter. The thing I've been talking about this whole time.
>>
File: limozeen.jpg (31 KB, 345x229)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>10158586
Well I didn't know that!
>>
>>10158586
not knowing about twitter is the kind of 'stupid' I definitely want to be
>>
>>10158118
>this Monday at the same time

wait, the same time as what? you mean 11 AM eastern time?
is it still going to end 61 to 64 hours later, depending what the original sale meant by "to Monday" ?
>>
>>10158660
The announcement just says Monday at 11EST.
>>
>>10158670
well I guess that's what matters.
if it's sold out again when I wake up at 3 PM eastern or so, I'm going to SHIT
>>
>>10158670
also, link?
>>
>>10158950
Blainerthings on twitter
>>
>>10159351
No, I think it's more likely you're just shitposting again, trying to tie together unrelated things because you'd rather derail threads.
>>
>>10159355
Don't let Randy catch you shitposting, you're already in hot water for fucking up the Friday sale on the store.
>>
>>10159371
Did you miss your meds? You're starting to schizo post again.
>>
File: faketurtle.png (959 KB, 1199x672)
959 KB
959 KB PNG
https://youtu.be/UBZdbTMFr2s
>>
File: FigbZkrVQAMTWCa.jpg (576 KB, 1536x2048)
576 KB
576 KB JPG
>>
>>10159520
I'm looking forward to having more small scale pizza boxes in my life.
>>
>>10159102
ah okay, 11 eastern on monday.
>>
>>10159518
>duhhh how do swords work. naw i'm just busting his chops.
>>10159520
aaahhh I can't wait!!
>>
>>10159520
>checking
>mine still hasn't shipped yet
dag, yo.
>phone booth and compooter
man i'm gonna need to add more dioramage to my shelf.
>>
anyone want one o' dem 15-inch movie donnies? 41 freakin bucks at the gamestop.
>>
I got the retarded looking van helsing splinter in today and he’s just as disappointing as expected. I’ll use some of the accessories though.
>>
>>10153948
How boring. How do toys from 30+ years before look infinitely better than figures trying to imitate them?
>>
>>10159848
You've got some shit taste if you think it's disappointing in any respect.
>>
>>10159855
because they're also trying to imitate toys from 40+ years ago, which, like the shows they were based on, were cardboard garbage with zero budget.
>>
>>10159855
Because they're trying to mimic something they didn't live through
>>
>>10159863
HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DRACULA
AND YOU KNOW IT
>>
>>10160053
oh my god, that would have been incredible. I would have bought it immediately.

Rats and bats are already sorta conflated ("rats with wings"), so it would have made perfect sense too.
>>
>>10160053
No he shouldn't have. Dracula is always the big bad evil, Shredder is that in this universe. Stop being an idiot.
>>
>>10160053
yeah I could get behind ratula.
but he's a little too sweet and old for that. He could be Orlock of course, especially with those teeth, but really I don't know any Universal characters that he's right for, either visually or tonally. I'm not all that familiar with the series beyond the surface level and knowing the famous actors.
>>
>>10160084
Dracsplinter and his monstrous sons getting taken down by the heroic Shred Helsing was what this line was crying out for but randy didn’t have the stones. Very, very sad. The only way this works is if they get Tatsu to be Renfield for Dracshredder and army build with foot vampire thralls. Otherwise all is lost.
>>
>>10160084
>>10160073
He doesn't have to be a mean vampire. I see him getting up from his coffin at the crack of dusk, puttering around, watering his nocturnal blooming plants, sipping a glass of tomato juice. You know, a whimsical vampire.
>>
>>10160098
That literally goes against everything with TMNT. Shredder even has a cape that's perfect for being a Dracula vampire.
>>
>>10160105
You’re as small minded as randolt
I won’t respond to you for the rest of the thread duration, neca anon, if you’re just going to troll us and shut down discussion
>>
>>10160098
>foot vampires
hey that's pretty cool.
>>10160100
oh sure, he could be a vampire, but would he be dracula? dracula has a lot of weight. look at bela lugosi's intense eyes.. now look at the kind, sleepy eyes of that splinter puppet. naw, orlock is the most you could hope for, and I don't think he's Universal.
>>10160105
now now, nobody is arguing that shredula isn't also a great idea.
the execution is a lot of the issue in these. they made phantom casey a guy wearing a mask, but the mask looks like the face under the phantom's mask!?!
>>
>>10160105
you clearly don’t read the idw comics and are not a superfan
>>
>>10160115
>but the mask looks like the face under the phantom's mask!?!

Because they're having fun with the designs? Why is that suddenly a bad thing when you've got FrankenRaph with a sewer lid on his back, or Mikey mummy with hieroglyphs sculpted into his shell. That's the point of the line, it's not an issue.
>>
>>10160123
Blainerthings/necamutt responded to someone with this statement verbatim days ago
>>
>>10160125
Well post it, come on, link to it. Unless you're lying.
>>
>>10160123
I guess that's fun. but to me it's weird. it'd be like putting frankenstein's monster's neckbolts on his eyes. or to be even more accurate, it would be like if the visible skin between the mummy wrappings on Mikey was.. shaped like mummy wrappings, but green.
>>
>>10160144
They have hoses going from his neck to a dial. The designs aren't trying to be 1:1 with the monsters. They're TMNTized. And no, it wouldn't be like that at all. It's Casey using a mask to scare punks, despite his fucked up face underneath. These are still TMNT rules of thinking.
>>
>>10160131
you’ve deleted the post
>>
>>10160152
So you were lying? Got it.
>>
>>10160147
>hoses and a dial
that's pretty fuckin weird.
making the mask look somewhat like casey's mask would make sense. making it a new, original kind of 'scary mask' would have worked. but making his mask resemble the deformed flesh-and-blood face of the character is as batty as a halloween costume with a picture of the character on the front. The phantom of the opera's face is not exactly intimidating, he looks like shelley duvall
it should have been a half-version of the hockey mask, twisted to be a bit more skull-like, and visible koteas half-face underneath but with heavy eye-black and the fangy teeth.
>>
>>10160167
He's a monster guy wearing old timey leather protection on his thighs and shins. It's supposed to be silly and Halloween costume fun. You're reaching hard to come up with really dumb reasons to complain about the Casey Phantom.
>>
>>10160171
if the mask looked like something recognizable, something that makes sense in either universe, i'd be down. i really don't think it's a dumb reason. that face is horrifying, the whole reason the guy wears a mask to cover it. wearing that face deliberately AS a mask is... it's downright anachronistic.
>>
>>10160182
It looks like the movie Casey Jones mask, just monsterfied.

And this is Casey Jones. Not THE Phantom. Casey Jones wouldn't be worried about covering it, he'd want to scare the crap out of hoodlums and Foot punks.
>>
>>10160195
all the more reason it's odd he's wearing that mask then instead of just having a ghoulish face and a separate or swappable mask
>>
anyone else basically collecting super7s they had as a kid? and if so, are there any that you kind of want but didn't have? I think I would enjoy Anthrax. he could fight or infight with scumbug, I forget if anthrax was good.
>>
>>10160373
er, Antrax
>>
>>10160538
Uh-huh. You're still trying sooo hard to keep this lie going. And you still can't provide anything to back it up.
>>
i'm just going to say leatherhead has boiled his turtle, bay leaves, and crawdad in red kool-aid to make some kinda mojo, and that's why they're all red.
>>
File: Nekky.jpg (1.46 MB, 2980x2875)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
>Shills when Target cuts the Necambassador program
>>
>>10160373
It's the main reason I started collecting the line. Slash was probably my absolute favourite turtle toy as a kid, and the S7 version is just a huge nostalgia blast in my brain.
>>
>>10161554
yeah i'm loving him too. i both have and don't have nostalgia for him because I wanted him, but I only had Tokka. so the body and weapons are familiar.
it's weirdly satisfying getting guys i saw on the packaging all those years but never got..
>>
>>10161570
I'm still holding out hope for them to do the Sewer Spitter line of the turtles. At the very least Playmates could rerelease them.
>>
>>10161470
You're an idiot
>>
i would love to talk to the costume designers on the tmnt movies. like obviously henson creature shop knows their shit, but there's little things I can't help but wonder about, like.. whose idea was it to give Shredder a metallic zubaz cape made of a kinda crinkly, foil-like material
and then in the second movie, a... metallic rose pattern on his cape?
>>
>>10161595
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De2SuYAjrdY
>>
>>10161600
can't disagree. I wonder what the process was. I mean at the time all they had was mirage shredder and the cartoon version..
someone was like okay, give him a full long sleeve kinda gi.. then i bet after screen tests, the actor was like 'i can't fuckin breathe in here, baka' and they added the grille. then they realized they could see his mouth too clearly, so they made the menpou a lot bigger so there was some distance? and/or so it fit the size of his kabuto better. because he's got a meaty helmet on.
and I wonder if they ever considered vertical slits, but then decided it was too similar to Casey's mask.
the metallic cape might also have been something they added after lighting tests for his opening scene, because that fucker was GLEAMING and it really did a lot.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.