[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 49 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

File: animeheroes.png (1.85 MB, 1785x2000)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
Some new stuff dropped. Digimon wave is out, apparently there was supposed to be one more series added this year. What else do you want to see added in the future?
>>
I have no idea who those top three are
>>
>>10054464
Jujutsu Kaisen, current big new shonen jump series that multiple companies have made toys of. More of the same shonen formula stuff really. But weaker character designs.
>>
>anime heroes
Isn't that the line that is composed of insanely cheap looking figures? They're very inexpensive, but even so, I don't really understand who the audience is for these figures when a lot of the time, better looking figures of those characters already exist.
>What else do you want to see added in the future?
Ideally, this would be a chance for less popular anime characters to get figures of them made, but we know that'll never happen. Gotta keep making the same two dozen characters that will sell well. But ideally, they'd make Skip Beat figures, Neo Ranga figures, Gunsmith Cats figures, M.D. Geist figures, Ouran High School Host Club figures, Vampire Knight ones, etc. Figures for semi-popular series have haven't had much figures made of them. But yeah, that'll never happen. So my interest in this line is pretty much nonexistent.
>>
>>10054460
Franky looks good but those stitches should be more cartoony, they're a bit gross like that.
>>
>>10054486
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. This is an opportunity for experimentation. An opportunity that will not be taken advantage of. Hurrah for the 50th Naruto figure!
>>
>>10054486
>I don't really understand who the audience is for these figures
Kids, anon. The obvious answer is kids. And for the older frachises like saint seiya, the target is older people who aren't into high end toys and just want something cheap for nostalgia purposes afterthey see them at the store.
>>
>>10054460
Bandai America still cant figure out how to make articulated figures that can pose. The ankles and wrist are shit, the torso is shit, neck can't even look up. I'm surprised they still haven't fires their engineers yet. JADA toys got it in their first try, and they were a diecast car toy maker.
>>
>>10054486
The stuff you mentioned would be the only way I'd even look at these again after >>10054495
>50th Naruto figure.
>>
>>10054486
Sculpts are pretty good even though the final products are cheap looking. Saint Seiya though is a good alternative toyline. I hope they keep that one going...

>>10054460
They should try more with stuff other than Jump or Bandai owned title like Digimon, the random anime that happened to be popular in the west. Ghost in the Shell, Appleseed, Akira, stuff like that. Things that are not actually that big in Japan as people want to think.
>>
File: hd5.jpg (46 KB, 800x450)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>10054460
I don't know much about this line, but I saw that there's a Virgo Shaka figure that recently released. I like the character and already own a few figures of him, so I might pick this version of him up if it doesn't look awful.
>>
Man, One Piece is ugly.
>>
>>10054460
Non of these are Pokémon or Goku. So I don't care.
>>
File: FSwAaEAWAAE-6zk.png (1.57 MB, 1336x768)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
The digimon ones turned out pretty decently, would've loved these as a kid.

>>10054468
>But weaker character designs
I'm kinda surprised they decided to do these. In the past they've said characters wearing the same outfits wasn't very toyetic low key confirming they weren't going to do Attack on Titan. I guess being the current "in" thing trumps weaker character designs.
>>
File: disgust_sigh.jpg (20 KB, 500x359)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>10054537
>the same fucking digimon
>never different digimon or the human characters
>>
File: wrist.png (741 KB, 649x710)
741 KB
741 KB PNG
>>10054518
These Saint Seiya ones don't look half bad actually. I might get one or two. I wouldn't exactly want a collection of these figures, but I can see the novelty in getting one or two.
>>
>>10054541
Idk about most people but if it's between any new Digimon that'd need a new mold or a human character, I'm going with any Digimon. A few exceptions maybe, like V-Tamers Taichi. And you can't really blame them, imagine launching a brand new sub-line without some of the most popular Digimon. Maybe if these do well we could get at least some slightly more unusual but still popular Digimon, like Angemon, Leomon, Pie(d)mon, Devimon, Ogremon, etc. And if it does amazingly, we could get anything.

>>10054537
I would definitely think what's currently popular would trump unusual designs. Plus if they can reuse some parts that's more of a win for them.

That said, I do wish they tried to push the formula they're working with a bit. It's kind of sad that their budget 5" line has a nicer and more functional articulation scheme than their collector 6.5" line. It feels like they either don't know how to improve (for which they have many examples, including their own smaller products) or they don't want to change the formula (which seems more likely).
>>
>>10054518
>>10054550
Saint Seiya line is dead. Ikki is the most recent one and he's over a year old. No new prototypes have been shown either.
>>
>>10054460
Please for the love of god Demon Slayer. The Buzzmod's are fuck expensive and the figmas are eh.
>>
>>10054660
With their basic engineering all of those baggy haori characters would be unposeable bricks.
>>
>>10054537
>>10054541
add
>only doing humanoid types digimon.

For something with "monster" in name they very rarely make action figures of the dinosaur, animal types Digimon which have the most screen time.
>>
>>10054537
I am definitely going to get Beelzamon. I already have the SHF OWG Wargreymon but I won't lie, that Anime Heroes one has some really nice looking proportions. I might need to get him too.
>>
>>10054709
I want more Digimon toys, and this is one of the best chances in a long time (for a brand that rarely gets toys for some reason, and even less variety), so I'm buying them all, including the upcoming BlackWarGreymon (the only one we know of).
>>
>>10054641
Awwww. That stinks. I like seeing Saint Seiya thrive.
>>
>>10054460
If I recall, there was a leak revealing Chainsaw man is gonna be part of this line. I think they also planned on doing video games like Tales of Vespara and Tekken. Somone feel free to post the design docs I don't have them ready.
>>
>>10054641
Not too surprising. The line is constantly adding new properties, once they've exhausted the characters they're comfortable doing for 1 IP you just move on.
>>
>>10054803
>articulated tales of figures
Holy fuck. I would buy literally all of them.
>>
>>10054460
They could make good profit doing Bleach.
>>
>>10054803
pretty sure these were fake
>>
>>10054878
The Franky is identical to the Franky that was in the leak. It's definitely real. Whether they all get made is a different thing, could just be proofs of concepts.
>>
>>10054873
Do any good bleach figures exist? As far as I know they have some esoteric shit like play arts kai figures, but nothing of definitive quality.
>>
>>10054460
The Jujutsu characters look pretty good except for Itadori's face. I actually think the Fushiguro summoning hands actually look better than those of the Figuarts. The sculpts seem sharper.
>>
>>10054486
I think you guys forget that kids love manga and anime but can't afford dropping $60 on an import figure.
>>
>>10054886
Not really. There are the Dasin Model Bleach figures which are solid. Probably as good as it gets at the moment. With the new season coming maybe we'll get something for that. There's also Boss Fight that was supposedly doing some but haven't heard of it in some time.
>>
>>10054812
You'd think they'd do Aioria over Aiolos then. i never figured Aiolos was a popular character seeing as how he never really appeared in the series while Aioria was one of the most prominent Gold Saints even getting his own spinoff.
>>
>>10054950
Agree with this, plus the bronze knights. I don't think it's impossible that more get made, it could just be taking a little break. They did just make Phoenix Ikki not too long ago.
>>
>>10054886
they are probably more difficult to do because of the clothes they wear.
>>
File: 1657954136099[1].jpg (639 KB, 1240x1700)
639 KB
639 KB JPG
>>10054881
Yea its the same minus the pins (you can see them on the legs) which was expected. For those wondering about his size its about 17cm according to the leak so too small for VAH.
>>
>>10055020
>17cm according to the leak so too small for VAH.
I don't think anyone was banking on them fitting in, seeing as how AH are already smaller, plus Franky is being sold at regular price. Also if Brook is really only that height at the top of his afro, he's going to be absolutely tiny relatively.
>>
>>10054460
>Anime Heroes figures
I was tempted to get some of the One Piece figures, but they all just seemed to be missing almost basic articulation or accessories. Their Zoro figure can't even do the three sword thing, so what's the point? It didn't help the swords all looked like gummy crap as well.

The Jujustu figures look nice though, but for $20 more each I could just get the Figuarts which are much nicer still.

As for other series I'd like to see, the most obvious answer is Bleach. It's the last of the Big Three, has probably some of the coolest character designs of said Big Three and has literally no official articulated figures outside of that one company that makes 7" tall soft goods figures. With the series making one last massive resurgence, now would be a good time to finally put out some figures.

Also, similarly, I'd love figures from Burn the Witch. Though Figma/Figuarts would probably be a better option for them.
>>
File: dcau figures.png (19 KB, 732x629)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>10054460
Man, i REALLY hope Franky holds up well. I was a poorfag who missed out on the chogokin one, but also because I was skeptical of that's quality. I mean, look at it, all that top-heaviness supported by two skinny legs.
>>
>>10054541
>Digimon is still nothing but tamagotchis again
>Survive is mostly a VN and also an SRPG instead of what CS was
I hate being a Digimon fan. I also hope that subline flops so I can stop hoping to get anything good. and also so that we get Chainsaw Man faster
>>
File: 1657952374083-1.jpg (270 KB, 2928x1888)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>10054803
>>10054844
Ill repost all the leaked stuff since Franky and now another from the list (4th Shinobi War Kakashi) also just got shown off.

>>10055515
He has diecast in his legs and in my experience it was enough to do anything that he needed to do despite his overall design. Great figure.
>>
File: 1657955278108.jpg (1.06 MB, 7052x2969)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>
File: 1657955353039.jpg (1.16 MB, 7303x2894)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
>>
File: 1657955417081.jpg (468 KB, 4000x2388)
468 KB
468 KB JPG
Not sure where the Tekken stuff is gonna go. Wasn't there a tease for some new Megaman and Street Fighter domestic figures? Might be a part of that line.
>>
File: 1657955479748.jpg (430 KB, 4000x2388)
430 KB
430 KB JPG
>>
File: beavis-excited.gif (695 KB, 354x304)
695 KB
695 KB GIF
>>10055648
neat. but how well/long could yours maintain holding bent-forward arms? or like any other unsupported arm pose?
>>
>>10055648
I want this guy already. i dont read or watch his media, but i will buy this if it turns out great
>>
File: 1657954070271.jpg (315 KB, 1654x2339)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
This is the Kakashi that was shown off alongside Franky and the JJK cast. Check the Anime Heroes Amazon listing for confirmation. Might buy it for Zabuza's sword though could also be subtle confirmation they'll reuse it for a 6 inch scale Zabuza.
>>
File: 1657952305525.jpg (381 KB, 1654x2339)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>10055658
I mean obviously you shouldn't go rocking the boat too much when it comes to stabilizing all that weight on a pair of two little feet but the legs do have the heaviest use of diecast in the overall figure. Pretty sure I remember him having ratcheted hips but it's been a while since I messed with him. I'll have to check later once I'm free and able.

Anyway, who's next? Madara? Obito? Pain? Orochinary? Fucking nope! Another stupid goddamn Naruto variant. They're actually treating One Piece better than Naruto in terms of character selection.
>>
File: 1657954436073.jpg (198 KB, 1654x2339)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>10055666
Orochinary? Hah.

Anyway, here's what I think makes this one special apparently. Stupid clip on aura pieces and effect. Would have been better if they had just made a Four-Tailed figure instead.
>>
File: 1657954498138-1.jpg (199 KB, 1654x2339)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>10055668
This probably will be shown off in the instructions. Might be part of one of those deluxe sets they've been doing with Dragon Stars by re-releasing old figures with new effects and faces.

Usopp and Brook in >>10055020 were the only other things of note that got shown off. At this rate we might have a relatively complete Strawhat crew for the first time ever by early next year.
>>
>>10055518
>I also hope that subline flops so I can stop hoping to get anything good.
This is such stupid logic, how did you even come up with it?
>>
>>10055650
>>10055654
That’s Tales of Arise, not Tales of Vesperia. Though, I’m still shocked anyone anywhere is doing any Tales figures at all. Even in Japan they’ve never done any articulated Tales figures from any of the games.
>>
>>10054460
Kinnikuman, Ginga Nagareboshi Gin(build a bear figure gimmick), but I could see Bandai easily doing Yuyu Hakusho to compete with the third party efforts
>>
>>10055801
Kinnikuman is unbelievably unlikely unless it gets a reboot anime probably but if they do they better bring back that old articulation scheme. Those old figures blow these away in the articulation department. Just modernize the aesthetic a bit and it'd be great. Just.. update this AH formula a bit... I'd actually say it works better on the Digimon because they don't have direct human proportions. Regular people don't look right, especially with the stiff torso.
>>
>>10055715
Bitter people make stupid people
>>
>>10055648
>>10055650
>>10055654
Stupid question, but I thought Bandai America was a separate entity, you know, In America. So why Japanese text for their files? Are they using sculptors in Japan after all? Or were these sent to the license holders for approval?
>>
>>10055931
I'd assume the latter based on some of the dates in the images. These were all supposedly obtained from the Namco Bandai leak that happened months back and they're primarily a Japanese company.
>>
File: rvzgvzfbhorxeogegdiu[1].jpg (240 KB, 1594x875)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>10055931
I know for their Dragon Stars they have people in Japan working on them even though they're only sold outside of Japan. With stuff being sent back and forth it makes sense to have jap text.
>>
File: chopper.jpg (353 KB, 1210x1210)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
I bought their chopper and I think it looks nice. It's only got a little bit of articulation, but it has good option parts and is a size that fit's it's scale.
>>
>>10055789
>That’s Tales of Arise, not Tales of Vesperia
Shows you how much I know then lol. If they're gonna do Tales figures they could atleast to Samphonia.
>>
>>10055656
>>10055657
Out of all the leaks these are what I want the most. I've wanted 1/12 Tekken figures for a while and this fits the bill perfectly. Why the hell hasn't SH Figuarts do any? They'll license Street Fighter (RIP RIP figuarts SF BTW) but not use the game series they already own?
>>
>>10055931
>>10055990

I always figured despite the division Bandai Japan has some hand in designing certain lines. They got to release some of the Legacy collection Power rangers molds in Japan, and the Legacy Titanus was reworked as a chogokin release.
>>
>>10056069
Always the same with you confused boomers parroting the same bullshit about video games not getting toys when it's crystal clear, your kind never will support this hobby and do not buy toys.
>>
>>10054460
are these six or seven inch?
>>
>>10056077
6.5".
>>
>>10055836
>>10055715
oh boy just what we need another Alpha, Imperialdra and Gallantmon again
>>
>>10056134
>>10056135
And if we do get those again, what happens if they all sell well and they decide to make more? What comes next? Paladin Mode? OK. Maybe Blast Mode or Crimson Mode? Alter-S? And then?

Or they could just make nothing and we can continue to get no Digimon toys. That's an option too
>>
>>10056135
If you don't believe you'll get ___mon, then why wish it would fail begin with so you have an excuse to "lose hope"? Just ignore it you baby and be an actual adult about it.
I'm sure those who are more on a budget and can't justify buying the Figuarts option would appreciate them, especially for Beelzemon whose D-Arts sold out long ago.
>>
>>10055990
>>10056071
Oh interesting, Dragon Ball was something I thought Stars had better sculpting than Figuarts at times. Like head and proportions. But some Shodo were clearly carried over...maybe it's not even Collectors Division but Candytoy or something. Their division of labor is confusing sometimes.
>>
>>10056280
Most of the speculation you see on /toy/ is completely made up bullshit guessing.We're not really privy to most of the inner workings of these companies. You often see people claim there's "A-teams" and "B-teams" of sculptors and engineers, but that's complete guesswork.
>>
Have they ever stated what kinds of series they're allowed to do or what is considered "anime"? From the looks of it there's a bunch of Jump series and then there's Digimon which Bandai naturally has the license to do. Would something not from jump like Inuyasha be possible piggy backing off the recent Yashahime?

For the people hoping for Bleach that seems like something that's almost guaranteed. They're probably just waiting for the anime to air and then drop the reveals shortly after.
>>
>>10056072
I can only imagine how angry you get every night when you remember generals exist on /toy/ that are solely focused on video game figures, like the square enix one.
>>
>>10056351
I grow a very wholesome chubby when reading the comments and poorfags complaining about the cost being too high. Don't even care about any of the final fantasy games yet greatly look forward to all the chocobo action figures.
>>
>>10056340
Technically speaking, all manga titles are creator owned so there is no "Jump License" that gives you access to all their library. But Bandai at least in Japan get certain priorities through sponsoring anime series of certain mangas I believe. Outside Japan probably have different rules though. Bandai is kinda stingy IMO about licensing fees, they just stick to properties that they "own" rather than splitting the profits over a certain percentage.
>>
>>10056360
Absolutely seething.
>>
>>10056360
>poorfags
Look at this shit again. "If you don't buy it you're poor". Nah, we either think it's overpriced or we don't fucking want it. You're just mad the left have brains & can selectively buy or not buy while you have corporate cock up your ass & love being a slave to the rich.
>>
>>10055020
Just wait till this year's NYCC, we'll see Usop and Brook then.
>>
>>10056617
Don't respond to obvious bait posts
>>
>>10054460
Christ this picture really shows just how utterly boring/soulless the character designs are in JJK. Always felt like the series was just Naruto and Bleach put in a blender, with all of the cool character design and worldbuilding removed. People really do eat up the same shit over and over again.
>>
>>10056275
>If you don't believe you'll get ___mon, then why wish it would fail begin with so you have an excuse to "lose hope"?
because we already got these guys years ago, for YEARS. and it's never the characters that deserve toys. We finally get the Angels but they're shitty Transkibblers. Then we finally get guys like Zudo and Lilly but they're just shitty shortos. Meanwhile, the Adventure reboot introduces WereGaruru with cool wings and MetalGrey with a new cannon, but those are pointless anyway since their old and new Megas end up as the permanent upgrade anyway. I hate being a fan of this so much
>>
File: 20210701_160605.jpg (819 KB, 1410x1800)
819 KB
819 KB JPG
>>10054541
>>10054700
Yeah basically the biggest upset in that regard was last year's Machinedramon kit.
Other than that you're looking at the same half dozen humanoids plus maybe MetalGarurumon for any posable toy lines
>>
>>10055648
Well I'd be down for some cheap Chainsaw Man figures, surprising choice for a "kids" line though.

>>10055650
>>10055654
I don't know who these are, but if they're in that $20ish range, I'd happily grab some overdesigned generic fantasy anime knights.
>>
>>10059031
I'm more curious about what else we could possibly get from Chainsaw Man. Well the other main guy and if another maybe Strength. I guess they're just trying to capitalize on what's new and 'hot'.

Maybe with S3 of OPM we could get some of those. I'd want Boros but he's so far off now. Too bad McFarlane didn't at least make him too. Probably would turned out a lot better than Saitama did.
>>
>>10059192
Other than the paint being a bit too caked on and the expression on the simple face being bad (fucking side eyes), I never found Saitama to be that bad of a figure. Would have loved to get a Genos too since that would be more up Todd's alley with the mechanical detail.

If they did make AH OPM figures they'd probably put Saitama and Genos first at least. Third could be anybody but I'd guess it'd probably be Bang.
>>
Did they silently abandon MHA after the first 3?
>>
>>10059679
I'd guess Garou, then I could see casual Saitama and MA arc Genos soon after, then Monster Garou... Hopefully it wouldn't actually be that many of the same characters. And ya, same feelings about McF Saitama. He was one of their first articulated figures from the limited articulation he was previously doing (like the Sakura) so I wasn't expecting something too amazing, but I thought he got the job done. Genos and Boros through their mechanical details (or if not first form, monstrous details on Boros) are much more in-line with what McFarlane is known for and could probably have looked pretty good.

>>10059847
It kind of seemed like there was some limitation to the license, not being able to sell them in the NA. I'd guess the line is dead until further notice.
>>
>>10057452
You didn't actually answer the question, just continued to complain. Save your breath for better and more positive things instead of criticizing a toyline you can easily choose to ignore
>>10057488
Such an amazing kit.
I wouldn't ignore Magnamon, even though he's the typical humanoid build it's really the only good merch of him (aside from that third party which I don't know much of).
>>
>>10054497
I recently messed with one of my Dragon Stars and ya, the neck seems to be an unusually tight ball in the neck, meaning all you get is side to side movement. It's really bad design and really not hard to adjust so you get a lot more range. The ankle and wrists are quite functional, if a bit ugly, so I don't mind those too much. They definitely need to go back to the drawing board for some of the choices they make. These figures, in this day and age, should be a lot better than they are.
>>
>>10054460
What are the odds of her skirt being completely hard plastic and her legs having zero mobility?
>>
>>10060399
I want guys like Zudo, Tyranno, Were/Garuru, Metal/Grey, Rose, Merva, Sting, XV, and any other mons that haven't had a big/proper toy before. But all this line is giving us are mons we've already got from other companies multiple times in the past decade. Far as I know, Digimon is not nor ever was has been a mainstream/popular franchise in the vein of Seiya or One Piece, and Bandai just shot themselves in the foot by giving us an absolute flop of a subline.
>>
>>10063536
I'd say Digimon is far more popular is the US and Canada than Seiya/KotZ is. There's a reason 2020 is getting dubbed, and this sub-line exists, because the brand, for as little product as it has right now, is doing incredibly well in the West according to those Bandai reports. These popular characters are the best chance this line sub-line has of doing well. If Colon can somehow spawn a proper toyline for Digimon then that's where we'll get those more off the wall picks, or if this one does exceedingly well. There's a reason every Pokemon toyline has Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo, and the other staples, or Marvel with Spidey and Wolverine, DC with Batman. Only after a line hits its stride can they start doing less guaranteed hits, especially when the brand itself isn't a sure hit like the biggest toyline brands.
>>
>>10063484
From what I've seen of picrel in reviews the skirt piece is hard plastic and completely hinders the legs, its prob the same for the figure in the op. I believe you can pop it apart at the waist and remove the skirt so he can kick forward.

>>10062598
I've messed with some Dragon stars from around like 2019ish and yea they weren't great. I'd imagine the anime heroes are similar. The digimon ones looked pretty decent but it might just be their more unique aesthetic hiding the same issues.
>>
>>10063560
>There's a reason every Pokemon toyline has Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo, and the other staples, or Marvel with Spidey and Wolverine, DC with Batman. Only after a line hits its stride can they start doing less guaranteed hits, especially when the brand itself isn't a sure hit like the biggest toyline brands.
Yeah, but then they throw in Toad, Terrax, Klaw, Hawlucha, Gogoat, Mega Blastoise, Mega Venusaur, Alolan Muk, Metang, King Shark, Armored Batman and Armored Superman. What does AH's Digimon line have? Nothing new. All that's left to rely on are new collectors, or old collectors who pointlessly "ballot-stuff"/buy them anyway because they think there will be a wave 2 worth shit. Here's another goalpost: Wave 2 will be Alphamon and the 2 Angels again. So, I really hope this line flops at wave 1, so they can move on to giving us Chainsaw Man already before he gets a figma or something
>>
>>10064053
>and the 2 Angels again
Now hold on, how would this be redundant? Any of the angels, Angemon, Magna, Seraphimon, Angewomon, or Ophani would hardly be redundant. The closest thing would be the Perfect/Ultimate forms from the Digivolving Spirits line, but they haven't gotten regular figures in a long time, some have never.

Also we're 1 wave and 1 leaked listing in, a bit early to make any of those assumptions. The next 3 may well be Alphamon, Dukemon, and Imperialdramon, but these are the Digimon A-listers and have the best chance of selling. What would the next 3 look like? If we get to that point there aren't really any more redundancies. You could say ChaosDukemon, or Paladin Mode, or Blast Mode, or Crimson Mode, but the latter 3 at least have some new parts and are also much more unusual than the first ones.
>>
>>10054460
With articulations so gimped, these are just glorified Funko pops. You can't get any of the figures in action poses, just standard standing around. These are great as basic kids figures, but they're charging collector prices.
>>
>>10065096
They're still 20 bucks, and they do have sufficient articulation for the most part, they're just not very dynamic (mid torso doesn't move, range is limited often in the hips).
>>
>>10065114
>They're still 20 bucks
Right, collector premium prices such as marvel legends or DC icons. Man I wish DC icons was still around, a much better company than Mcfartypants
>>
>>10056072
>Death stranding figma sold well enough that theyre getting another, despite both needing likeness rights, even gets a motorcycle
>doom slayer figma and McFarlane series
>cyberpunk McFarlane and figma, and motorcycle
>square Enix has like 3 fucking concurrent lines
>like JAKKS and Jazzwares entire licensed division
>Mario and overwatch lego
>halo megabloks and like 4 fucking figure lines, from domestic to ultra weird autistic 1000toys interpretations
>genshin impact, arknights, girls Frontline all have toys that have sold absolutely fine
>massive fortnite toy line(s) blowing existing IPs out of the water in quality and quantity, from action figures to nerf blasters
>Minecraft lego
Anon, I...
>>
>>10065118
Amusingly DCD/DCC is now managed by McFarlane. And I was more stating that they've avoided the price jump like some others, though I don't think it would have made a difference for the end product. They definitely need to go back to the drawing board and improve on some things.
>>
>>10064419
Yes they would. Like you said, we already have Magna, Angewo and Angemon. Then what, or rather the next guys be Duke, Alpha and Imperialdramon AGAIN?

just flop already
>>
>>10066224
Until today we didn't have an Angemon, unless you mean the original transforming one, but even with the model's reveal many don't care for models vs regular figures. MagnaAngemon and Angewomon are both relegated to transforming figures as well. If your wanting it to flop is because you don't want to expect anything (which you already don't though?) you're entitled to it, but it makes little sense to me.
>>
>>10066224
>>10066496
If I may throw my own hat into the ring as someone who does own quite a few AH figures, I wouldn't exactly write off the line just yet either but I understand the pessimistic attitude as well.

I think what is best to keep in mind is to understand how the line may proceed going forward by looking at what other figures Bandai has done in the AH line as well as stuff like Dragon Stars as its predecessor. What Digimon luckily has going for it is opportunity for easy mould reuse which frees up budget to create unique moulds sold alongside. Of the two currently released AH Digimon figures, you can easily get a BlackWarGreymon and a Beelzemon Blast Mode, thereby freeing up the budget for more unique Mon figures. We probably will eventually get the usual folks like Imperialdramon and Gallantmon but there is just as likely chances for other fan favourites like Leomon, Devimon, Etemon and Myotismon. Heck, look at the One Piece line which has unique moulds for every single figure so far as well as unexpected inclusions (Shanks).

My best advice is keep your expectations relatively in check. If it flops? Oh well, nothing to get too annoyed over. If it becomes a success? Be pleasantly surprised and reap the rewards.
>>
>>10066532
>My best advice is keep your expectations relatively in check. If it flops? Oh well, nothing to get too annoyed over. If it becomes a success? Be pleasantly surprised and reap the rewards.
This makes good sense, but if you've seen that anon's original post in the Digimon thread it was basically "I hope the line flops so I don't have to hope for anything I want". So...

I think ultimately sales will be what determines what we get, and if we get more. I think it's safe to say that the slow releases of the line is definitely a factor that hurts the sub-lines. Why would anyone want to commit when they'll maybe get another figure in the sub-line they're collecting half a year or more later. Pretty much because they're desperate for product of those brands, which shouldn't be what people are sticking around for. Dragon Stars at least has the benefit of having the line dedicated to it, and, at least originally, waves of releases that at least gave people a foundational collection. With the rest, it's 3 figures, then maybe 1 a few months down the line. Then maybe another, etc.
>>
>>10066538
Like I said, I was understanding of both points and just tried to play things off relatively. If that anon wants to continue to be who theu are then it's nothing I need concern myself with.

I get what you mean about the release scheduling too. Why Bandai USA can't get more product out in a more timely fashion is just baffling considering a smaller company like McFarlane can't seem to stop showing off new product seemingly every other week or so + get stuff out on shelves better than Hasbro at times. Especially egregious since the AH Naruto line has nothing actually new to show and instead is just releasing more Naruto and Sasuke variants (now another Kakashi too).

Taking a closer look, the JJK figures don't look to share any parts other than the closed fists, so that makes 4 entirely new moulds + 1 reuse (Kakashi). Franky must have eaten up the entire budget of an extra figure if we're not getting six in a wave like previous releases.
>>
>>10055518
>I hate being a Digimon fan
Sorry dude, if you don't like the virtual pets you aren't really a Digimon fan. Hate yourself for a better reason, asshole.
>>
I like how this guy pretends to like Digimon just so he can justify shitting on it, while already admitting he's a shit-taste zoomer because he enjoys Chainsaw Man.

>>10066532
>unexpected inclusions (Shanks)
The penultimate boss is unexpected? That's like saying a Madara figure would be unexpected.
>>
>>10066646
>The penultimate boss is unexpected?
Sir... also he's consistently popular even though he's barely done anything. Makes sense to make him, really. Wouldn't be too surprised if a Mihawk shows up at some point.
>>
>>10066646
Unexpected simply due to his inclusion so early in the line. First wave was Luffy, Sanji and Zoro which is pretty par for the course. Second wave was Ace and Shanks with Chopper coming a little later. Like >>10066665 said he's barely done anything in comparison to a lot of other characters they could have made in his place. Not saying it's a bad thing he was included, just more of a pleasant surprise.

I will say I do wish they would hurry up with a Madara for the Naruto line. Specifically a Juubidara if possible since I already own the SHF.
>>
Seems like OP and Naruto are the line staples that are getting consistent releases. Kotz as mentioned before seems to be slowing down and MHA is just dead. Admittedly I know nothing about JJK and the kinds of characters/quantity they can do. The impression I get is that its a bunch of characters wearing similar black outfits. Digimon I am more familiar with and has the potential for some good stuff. If I had to guess their importance/priority in the line its probably something like OP > Naruto > Digimon >=JJk.
>>
>>10066830
I feel like both Digimon and Jujutsu have potential, the latter getting season 2 soon and the former getting Colon dub soonish, so awareness for those will be at a high. For OP and Naruto, OP has the benefit of being more new, so more popular options are available, while with Naruto has slowed to variants of popular characters perhaps because they're worried about less popular characters not selling as well. There's supposed to be one more brand to be represented soon that was hinted at. I can't remember what they may have hinted at, but maybe it's chainsaw man.

In terms of what they could make for JJK, Gojo is obviously next up. After that maybe the 2nd years. Hanami would be cool. But of course what may be more likely is variants too, like visible eyes Gojo and Sukuna Yuji. But yes, otherwise lots of similar outfits (uniforms).
>>
>>10066838
I believe the hint for the 3rd IP was that it was something that's been around for a long time and is beloved. I think its Bleach. It takes them like at least a year to get figures ready, Bleach is something that would've been on their radar regardless. If they started over a year ago they should have it ready in time perfectly for the anime return.
>>
>>10066874
Watch the reveal end up being AH Fist of The North Star or JoJo
>>
>>10066880
Thatd be really cool. You'd think that we would have seen something about whatever it was in the leaks though.
>>
>>10067034
To be fair what did get leaked probably isn't even everything that they are working on. The JJK characters for example being the biggest indicator.

Realistically it probably is Bleach but really almost any anime could fall under the "long time beloved" label. JoJo and HnK being the most notable that came to mind but they could make a surprise with something like Berserk or Evangelion too. I think one of the marketers also mentioned they were personally a big fan of Macross so that could be fun to see, especially since it seems Harmony Gold is finally taking the stick out of their ass and letting the franchise get proper distribution.
>>
>>10056919
Honestly that would make the whole event for me. I just want a complete crew and just be done with it.
>>
>>10069048
That's still just the males, and before Jinbei, who I'd question having a release because, even if shortened, she's a lot bigger than Franky if they were both the same height, there's still Robin and Nami. Robin was in a poll once, and Nami is technically the leading lady, so hopefully they do find a way out. I really do wish these figures (especially the regular humans) were done better (especially that first wave, Franky looks solid) because they are really not up to par.
>>
>>10069340
A character like Nami not being on the poll is probably a good sign that they already plan on making her and didn't need to check for interest. They did do Sakura but it took a little while to get to that point. I think we've seen everyone from the poll besides Robin now so they're probably making them all anyway. With this leaning towards more of a kids line they probably want to build up their catalogue a bit before doing some females that likely sell worse.
>>
>>10069424
I'll also say that I find the scaling on at least the Straw Hats pretty important because their dynamic is distinct. The scaling is already all over the place with Shanks not being nearly tall enough (but his height is often forgettable), and now Franky and Brook being too short. It's definitely a hard group of characters to do in a single scale, even harder in a line with a single price point.
>>
>>10066880
I'm actually a bit surprised there aren't any localized Jojo figures. The somewhat recent boon of popularity in the West seems like it would have been a good time to capitalize. Anyone know who owns license rights?
>>
>>10055650
>>10055654
It's crazy they'd even consider these.
>>
BoA usually brings stuff to NYCC right? Could potentially see what the 3rd series is or some new figures in general. I remember for dragon stars they'd do those glossy event exclusives but I think they stopped doing those.
>>
>>10072546
I recall they had a digital event, I think for NYCC, thought possibly NYTF. Or both, idk. I'd expect some new news. I'd like to see at least 2 reveals for everything, though that's probably too hopeful. Most of the AH reveals might get sucked up by the likely 3 first figures of that new brand to be expected in Q1 I think it was.
>>
>>10066646
>while already admitting he's a shit-taste zoomer because he enjoys Chainsaw Man.
Tell me why I should buy two toys of the same character, then
>>
>>10055931
Before the merger with Buefin, Bandai America was just full of sales staff to work with american businesses, warehouse staff and people from japan pretending to work enjoying their time in the u.s.. The actual product design and product line direction was always being handled by Japan. This disconnect is part of why they would do stupid stuff like create a Saint Seiya line thinking it would sell in mainstream N. America stores. Japan still doesn't fully understand that all those u.s. stores ordering Saint Cloth Myth from the Tamashii line are for only spics and seas who immigrated to the u.s, or are ordering to ship to another country. I don't know anyone that became a fan of Flock of Seaguls saint seiya.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.