[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Shark.jpg (123 KB, 918x633)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
I need actual advice/realistic solutions and not people suggesting baby wipes.

I'm amassing a larger Street Sharks collection and quite a few are dirty. But they're made out of this weird rubber shit and I know that if I use alcohol or regular soap it could dry it out and damage it or crack it.

What do I use to whiten up spots and clean up the overall pieces so they aren't permanently fucked and dried out?

Also, street sharks thread I guess.
>>
>>10054423
Have you tried baby wipes?
>>
>>10054423
Did you use hot water or cold water? Ive heard warm/hot helps alot more. The grime could also just be the old paint peeling.
>>
File: phred.png (1.6 MB, 1040x869)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
>>10054439
>>10054443
>>
>>10054463
Boogie wipes? Would dude wipes work?
>>
>>10054423
Shove it up your ass.
>>
>>10054423
Goo gone works wonders and help keep rubber not dry out.
>>
File: okay.png (207 KB, 1555x247)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
>come to /toy/ for help
>no one helps

>>10054487
I am going to scream.
>>
>>10054492
Isn't there like a straight citric acid version of this? May be less harmful? Idk man I'd try a dillution of simple green
>>
>>10054463
https://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Rubber
the few people I've seen repair/refurbish street sharks all follow link related. warm water, soap, and rubbing alcohol is all I can point you to. there are some rubber cleaning solutions avalible but I've never used any of them so I can speak to their handiness. other than, I know break fluid sometimes helps in removing grime. The thing is its known to strip paint too.
>>
>>10054557
Okay, warm water and soap sounds reasonable.
>>
>>10054423
hydrogen peroxide ia good for deyellowing plastics, I dont know if it has the same effect on paint however
>>
>>10054563
It's going strip the paint you stupid fuck.
>>
>>10054423
Someone actually made a guide on how to clean these kinds of street sharks figures.
https://youtu.be/kTcx739JVHs
>>
>>10054423
I know that that fig in particular used to fill water and shoot it out it's blow hole. Honestly I think it would be fine. How big is the collection and why'd you inherit it?
>>
>>10054423
For these things I don't think you can really make them as clean as they were besides really gentle baby soap and warm water. Some people in the Street Sharks group led by the actual creator actually just repaint the figures to restore their colors.
>>
Fuck yeah street sharks is where it's at
>>
>>10054423
If you have dirt that cannot be cleaned with baby wipes on that rubbery material then repainting is pretty much the only efficient solution. Like >>10055724 said even their creator does that instead of the usual methods people use with plastic.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.