[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Welcome to the Doll General!

A thread for discussion of fashion dolls including Barbie, Disney, LOL OMG, Rainbow High, Monster High, Living Dead Dolls, Licca-chan etc but not BJD.

Other toys considered dolls as well as girl collectable toys that are related to dolls or can be used as accessories to dolls are also welcome such as LOL, Capsule Chix, Shopkins, Polly Pocket and the like.

Previous Thread: >>10046352

>Archived Threads: https://archive.alice.al/toy/search/subject/Fashion%20doll/
>Sewing pattern books from Google+, reuploaded
https://mega.nz/folder/iFd3wapa#B70grHUe4xsTkLU_s8Ag_Q
>>
File: Bratz is back baby!.jpg (325 KB, 924x1518)
325 KB
325 KB JPG
I consider her as the second best Bratz doll after Pretty N' Punk Jade unless PnP Sasha will top her (please don't let repro PnP get monkey pawed!).

She has the same edgy, funky and fun spirit as OG Bratz while still being new and innovative!

Her execution is great unlike the previous designer Bratz collab, which was a shame because Hayden William designs weren't bad and the biggest glare is MGA didn't bother to make new shoes molds for them.

Many compared her to Claudia Wolf because of the color scheme, but honestly, she reminds me of Brit Crust from MLATR being high fashionable black women with rabbit teeth.

The fact she is designer collab doll that comes with two sets of clothes, fabric bag (yes!), sunglasses, (chromed) comb and a stand and only cost 60$ is a steal! Her fashion might be simple and will disintegrated due to pleather, but she is still great. My only complain is the lack of earrings which quite bugs me, but otherwise she is perfect.

I'm ok with Bratz being kept as adult collector line, we have all seen what new lows toylines that stayed forever keep reaching. I hope to see more Bratz dolls with this kind of teeth, it's very pretty and unique and looks fantastic with Bratz headmold design.
>>
>>10051041
Check your eyes anon, the colors are eye rape. And her skin is so dark you can barely see her face up.
>>
Garret Sander couldn't even get any of the Reel Drama dolls
>>
>>10051041
I dont like the McDonald's colors
>>
>>10051004
“Dolls we will never be able to obtain for a reasonable price” edition.
I want to support the new MH comeback if only I could actually get them.
People were skipping school and work just for a chance to get the Reel Drama and Creeproduction dolls, staying up all night so they wouldn’t miss the drop, driving around to all the Walmarts at 6 AM, having friends and family buy them in their place if they have to work…this is not a reasonable requirement to be able to obtain non-limited edition dolls, these are not Haunt Couture.
I’m this close to switching loyalty to MGA, at least they’ve re-released dolls that were price-gouged on the secondary market like 24K DJ and Candylicious.
>>
File: Best Felicia.png (477 KB, 499x843)
477 KB
477 KB PNG
>>10051054
>>10051058
She's funky and cool, you know nothing. And I love her skin color, it goes great with neon colors.
>>
>>10051041
I see why you like her and I definitely like most aspects of the doll, even the color scheme is pretty nice (I know most people don’t like the McDonald colors but I kinda dig it). The only thing I don’t like is the hair desu.
>>
>>10051066
Clearly staring at the doll for so long has melted your senses. Fear not anon, one day modern medicine will help fix what ails you.
>>
>>10051069
Thanks, I respect your opinion too.
What do you think about their Jade? I love her hair, lips and shoes. I don't like she has hearts eyeshines instead of stars like Felicia, black eye looking eyeshadow and her dress is kinda meh and could use something underneath.

>>10051071
Maybe one day you will learn to appreciate cool fashion, pleb anon.
>>
>>10051059
Has anyone actually been able to find the Reel Drama dolls in stores?
>>
>>10051041
I think she's ugly but I can see the weird appeal. I just hate the face/hair/skin tone. Outfit pieces are interesting at least. Glad you like her.
I don't know who I'd put as my favorite Bratz doll. Maybe Xpress It Meygan.
>>
>>10051079
I like her faceup, but like you said the eyeshadow is weird. Her hair is cute and I love her shoes. But her dress is weird and I feel doesn’t go with the rest of her.
>>
>>10051092
No, there were some on Walmart and Targets websites but none found in physical stores as of this writing
>>
>>10051093
>Xpress It Meygan
Not bad anon. Meygan is my second fave after Jade.
She will be getting a repro doll, but I don't think they will include her fabric bag which is a shame.

>>10051094
I think the dress pattern just doesn't work in that small scale, also being all see-through mesh is a bit too much and feels lacking. It's worth noting that it's really cool they went with heterochromia and gave her both signature green and brown eyes instead of choosing between them.
>>
>>10051066
She’s neat and very camp, but I just personally do not vibe with those colors
>>
>>10050609
>funny though is many of them are conservatives.
I'm in California and never heard of a conservative Latino lol. The actual issue is that most of them are poor and/or illegal with awful jobs, it's not like they can afford to buy tons of toys for their kids. So pandering to them is a strange choice.

>>10051041
Looks like Uncle Ruckus' whiteworshipping mom in the Boondocks. I'm surprised more people aren't offended.

>>10051057
They will be out in stores later and should be pretty easy to get then.
>>
>>10051145
>>10051140
>I'm in California
I'm sorry for you anon.
>conservatives
>in California
Barely any inculding whites.
>>
File: Mowalola Ogunlesi.jpg (68 KB, 1200x630)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>10051145
>I'm surprised more people aren't offended.
>Mowalola Ogunlesi (born March 25, 1995) is a Nigerian-born fashion designer and singer working and living in London. She is known for working with a wide variety of textiles such as leather and PVC to produce non-traditional silhouettes inspired by Nigerian and London youth culture.
The fact she use real leather makes her pretty cool in my eyes.
>>
>>10051066
Crash test chic.
>>
>>10051145
>They will be out in stores later and should be pretty easy to get then

I hope its sometime this week. Trying to grab them at Target because I get 5% off plus target circle has a deal this week where if I spend so much I get a $10 gift card. Plan to get the dolls no matter what but it would nice to get a little money back too.
>>
File: core-ghouls-credit-mattel.png (2.87 MB, 1800x1197)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB PNG
>Reboot of Monster High announced
The new Draculaura is kinda cute!
>>
File: 5055008872.png (100 KB, 860x727)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
>>10051294
>>
>>10051296
Nah man, I mean, she THICC. In all the right spots. And shortstack. Yummy.
>>
>>10051294
You're like nearly 2 months late
>>
>>10051301
>he doesn't know what slowpoke means
Newfag and a coomer
Fucking sad
>>
>>10051308
And you play with dolls.
>>
>>10051294
I read this as a joke, but sorry anon, this thread is too dumb to take jokes.
They look cute as a set.
>>
>>10051322
Where do you think we are? I bet you hotglue yours sicko.

>>10051324
He doesn't get the slowpoke meme, he is clearly a stupid newfag.
>>
>>10051324
Honestly G3 Deuce is an improvement
>>
God I like nuFrankie so much I even bought the Halloween costume. Her design is like the only good one. I can’t wait to get the doll and remake her outfit with better materials.
>>
>>10051328
>He
Street date is Oct 1. How is it Slowpoke?
Drac is still a cute.
>>
>>10051324
>Medusa face on water bottle
I am here for Mama's boy Deuce. He and Cleo will be the only ones I get.
>>
>>10051345
>I can’t wait to get the doll and remake her outfit with better materials
The absolute state of Mattel consoomers
>>
>>10051059
>I’m this close to switching loyalty to MGA, at least they’ve re-released dolls that were price-gouged on the secondary market like 24K DJ and Candylicious.
I'll be their eternal consoomer swine if they rerelease Novi Stars, specifically the second wave girls and the Euro only ones. The secondary market is obscene right now, and some people are blaming that zoomer cunt Izzy. I just want my fucking Mimi Merize without getting raped at the bank
>>
>>10051371
Please anon, I’m an mga consoomer first. But brand loyalty won’t stop me from wanting to fix up nuFrankie to look her best.
>>
>>10051379
>Mimi Merize
She is pretty cool.
I never saw Novi Stars in my country. I didn't like that they can't bend their knees.
The aritculated robots prototypes were amazing though, shame they never got released.
>>
>>10051386
Anon, don't reward Mattel laziness and cheapness.
I love Bratz, but I'm far from ever defending the 2015 reboot. I got one doll and she was poor quality and utter shit compare to OG, it was a mistake.
>>
>>10051390
Wow, this is incredible stuff. It's like the child of 90s cybergoth rave culture. I would have bought these gals immediately.
>>
>>10051294
After the death of MH, I fell out of doll collecting hard. I'm mostly a casual these days and don't follow news too closely. But just at a glance, I generally like these. They're not as good as old MH, but hell, nothing is, and endless comparisons and moaning won't bring it back. I like a lot of what's going on here regardless. I will probably pick up a few to test the waters.

Also, Clawdeen's outfit is real cute, I'd wear that.
>>
>>10051453
>I would have bought these gals immediately
Same anon, same.

>>10051455
>endless comparisons and moaning won't bring it back
They're making overpriced Haunt Couture limited to their Matty Collector 2.0. This reboot is trash and poorly done, the sad thing is some had good doll concept >>10049941 that got butchered when translated into the actual doll.
>>
>>10051390
I wish I had noticed them when they came out. MH was fierce and caught most of my attention at the time. Major regrets
>>
Anons, I think it’s hopeless. My local Walmart hasn’t even heard of monster high dolls coming in for the next two weeks.
>>
>>10051066
She would look better if her face wasn’t so bad. I hate that her lips go up to her mouth and the eye makeup isn’t cool looking at all.
>>
>>10051597
>trusting Walmart employees to accurately know anything
>>
>>10051484
The concept wasnt even that good like it seemed hard to fuck up
>>
>>10051642
The lady pulled up their system and showed me the incoming dolls for the next two weeks. Most were MGA and some barbie (also a frozen doll).
>>
>>10051597
I wish people would stop expecting their local stores to know shit about their niche doll hobbies.
>>
>>10051655
>I wish people would stop expecting their local stores to know shit about their niche doll hobbies.

>implying monster high is niche
Niche?
Monster High was raking in $2 billion a year for Mattel at its height, it outsold Barbie in 2012, it’s the second most popular doll brand of all time.
>>
>>10051655
I don’t understand this narrative “fashion dolls are niche.” When the only people that wouldn’t know about it are people without children that don’t collect dolls.
Like anon above says, monster high outsold barbie at one point.
>>
>>10051683
>>10051712

ITT pretending collecting dolls isn’t niche as fuck to begin with and that anyone who doesn’t have kids would recognize any line but Barbie and maybe Bratz
>>
>>10051712
A bit like squishmallow, or beanie baby collectors. Ravenous fucking autists who will punch you out for a child's toy, and god help you if you show even a passing interest. Think they function like an NFT reseller. Buy out on spec rather than want. Not realizing there's no intrinsic value except the artificial scarcity produced by the company itself.
They should really just jerk off onto the toys right there in the aisle and claim it like a dog claims territory.
>>
WHERE ARE THE RAINBOW HIGH KPOP DOLLS REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>10051743
Aren’t they not out yet? The ones that got them early are probably influencers, right?
>>
my AG doll wig has split ends and the hair is dry. i haven’t touched them in years but i recently got back into them. any clue how i can fix it or should i buy a new wig?

AG dolls have kanekalon hair, pls help
>>
>>10051655
Asking a local store if they know about a toy isn't unusual, parents do it all the time
>>
>>10051648
The concept was good~nice (kept her hair stripes, rounded and cute looking head, more detailed and intersting jacket, better pattern for the skirt being shorter and the scratches being bolder, actual socks and more detailed looking shoes, more paint on the doll) , the actual doll is quite bad and bland (horseface with cheap generic outfit).
>like it seemed hard to fuck up
You underestimate Mattel's incompetence.

>>10051873
Try to wash it with fabric softener and maybe use hot water (not sure about that part, try it with small part of the hair first to see how it reacts). Of course you should brush it afterawards before you let it dry.
>>
>>10051041
horrible mac donald doll.
I hate it.
pure eye rape.

everything is wrong! everything! the fashion choice, the colour choice.
even the semi open mouth which makes her loos retarded.
I hate that looks on real life model.
>>
>>10051390
I love the novistars in spite of tje lack of articulation.
I have plenty of them.
>>
G3 Lagoona without the forehead scales has a five head.
>>
>>10052361
good to see balding women are finally represented.
They must feel so heckin valid now.

without the 5 head I could have bought Pinkgoona, because I like the gradient legs. but the 5head is a big big no. It's too ugly.
>>
>>10052377
This person styled the hair to look less fiveheadish. But you can still tell.
>>
>>10052381
The extra pieces are a joke you can't mix and match them and they're so cheap, the only good piece is cleo jacket but it doesn't even fit her look
>>
>>10052381
Is this a partial repaint? The eyes look bigger and more slanted. I mean it looks better, I wish the actual doll looked like this, and I’m sad it doesn’t.
>>
>>1005225
Whatever pleb anon
>semi open mouth
Do you even collect fashion dolls?!

>>10052377
>because I like the gradient legs
They should've done the same thing with her arms instead of cheap out and give her solid pink fins. She is just all over the place and looks like terrible MLP inspired doll.

>>10052394
>the only good piece is cleo jacket
It's cheap printed fabric that isn't hemmed.
Darculaura's frilled chiffon blouse is the best one and it's wasted due to overrall ugly outfit with the fucking shorts, boring shoes and earrings and ugly headband.
>>
>>10052511
First reply meant for >>10052258
>>
>>10052394
I don’t understand the Cleo worship. Like her jacket is shit and her dress should’ve been two pieces. The only good things about her is the faceup, hair, and box art outfit
>>
>>10052511
>>10052526
y'all can't read, it was about the extra pieces not all their fashions.
Honestly i think those extra pieces should have been cut instead of everyone bitching about the foods.
>>
>>10052608
>Honestly i think those extra pieces should have been cut instead of everyone bitching about the foods.
Rainbow high and OMG are the current reigning fashion doll brands, and both of them include extra fashions, so that was probably Mattel’s attempts at competing with them.
Plus not all of them are bad; Frankie’s letterman jacket, Ghoulia’s beanie hat, and Deuce’s apron are nice.
The food accessories are still a waste of plastic though. Unless it’s a Creepateria or Coffin Bean-themed line, don’t put them in.
>>
>>10052635
I feel like the extra food pieces are there to promote the coffee playset that is coming out with the new line of dolls. Like a kid gets a doll with little pieces of food then there is a playset to add more pieces and ties in with what they already have. By herself, frankie is munching on some snacks. But with the playset, she’s chilling in a cafe with her snacks. I can see them wanting the set. I admit, its a stretch but it’s not completely out of the realm of possibilities.
>>
>>10052608
I like when dolls come with extra accessories, it’s kind of tough to find good doll scale accessories and it’s good for photography.
>>
>>10051873
AG as in American Girl right? We are allowed to post 18 inch dolls? Why does it seem only barbie or monsterhigh is posted in these threads
>>
File: chipping_paint.png (1.11 MB, 631x856)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
Lagoona's lower leg gradient is airbrushed on and is chipping for some already. I've seen face ups fade too.. And I thought they prioritize sealing faces... Sasuga mattel!

>>10052717
They have brushable hair and you can change their clothes so they are.. People don't talk about them much since they're not as popular as the dolls you mentioned.
>>
>>10052717
18 inch dolls are allowed, it just doesn’t seem like anyone in the threads currently collects them. Post whatever you want to see.
>>
>>10052824
>ugly unmatching art box
>virtue signaling in the movie and in the cartoon but not on the doll box and as part of the product description
>poor designs
>poor quality
>poor QC
The flop intensifies
>>
>>10052869
And the fandom is full of toxic positivity as well as plain assholes that love virtue signaling.
>>
>>10052824
Pretty sure the gradient was airbrushed onto Spectra too, had a feeling it'd be the same case
>>
>>10052890
Did spectra have the same issues with paint chipping? Cause it seems like Mattel cheaper out on sealing the dolls considering the issues with lagoona and Frankie.
>>
>>10052883
I can't wait to witness the crush and burn of both this reboot and the hyping shills.

>>10052890
Yeah but Spectra didn't suffer from that QC issue.
>>
>>10052883
>virtue signaling
Probably nowhere near as bad as furries pretending to care about women's rights
>>
>>10052917
Better than supporting the current equivalent of lobotomy backed by big phrama.
>>
>>10052869
So buy one and Custom it you whiny prick.
>>
>>10052897
I cant remember any of the Spectras I owned having this problem, I think this is more of a modern mattel problem
>>10052902
I'm just pointing out the airbrushing isn't new
>>
>>10052944
>Expect me to consoom shit product like her
Not going to work shill.
>>
>>10052897
She did. Sometimes her paint would be gouged by the plastic ties holding her to the insert and you couldn't see it until after deboxing.
>>
>>10052946
Well pointing it out without refering to the QC issue adds nothing.
>>
>>10052947
Why are you here then?
>>
This lagoona hair restyle is pretty good. And the outfit looks good because bratz clothes are actually nicely made and well designed.
>>
>>10052952
Oh actually that bra is an old lagoona bra isn’t it? The skirt’s still bratz tho
>>
>>10052951
>all fashion dolls are shit
>the hobby is just consistent of customizing
>>
>>10052959
Looks like her swim team top.
>>
>>10052949
Okay?
>>
>>10052952
Now she looks like she fucks on the first date...
if you have a guitar
>>
>>10052980
Better than “I shaved my widows peak and now it’s growing back”
>>
>>10052869
As bad as this reboot is, trust me, it could’ve been worse. I’m a refugee from another timeline where monster high reached MLPG4 levels of popularity, and… let’s just say it’s the reason I escaped to yours.
>>
>>10053021
>it could’ve been worse
It could always be, still not make it non the less shit.
>MLPG4
The designs themselves are pretty good, Hasbro could've easily translated the CGI models to accurate 3D printing models and give them flock in addition to the rooted hair. The problem is Hasbro are dumb cheapskates (like Mattel) and in this case using the bronies as an excuse for it (what's the point of MLP if there is no brusheable hair?!)
>>
>>10052897
>Did spectra have the same issues with paint chipping?
My Spectra doesn't, but I have an Invisi Billy that does. But these are obviously much older than a NiB G3 Lagoona
>>
>>10053021
>>10053041
Oh wait I confused G4 with current G5.
G4 had great cartoon (at the beginning) and designs although the actual toys were crappy due to once again Hasbro being cheapskate. What I'm saying is both G4 and G5 at least have potential for great toys, something I can't say for G3 MH. I may also note that G4 toys weren't as awful as current MH, they looked cohesive and cute.
>>
>>10052952
Her with her hair down and those twists somehow just makes her feel more Lagoona in a way I can't explain.
>>
>>10053131
>Her with her hair down and those twists somehow just makes her feel more Lagoona in a way I can't explain.
Because it exposes more of the blonde hair and my all-time favorite of her dolls had a hairstyle similar to this, long straight, with twist/braids around the top.
>>
>>10053152
YESSSS!!! I thought I was lowkey being delusional if I compared it to swim class Lagoona - but I'm glad you see it too! The fact that the new dolls color pallet really is close to the overall pallet of swim class helps too.

Crazy but not surprising that one of the best Lagoona dolls is a swimsuit budget doll. I hope they lean into similar aesthetics with new Lagoona. There was something retro and 70's feeling about that Lagoona that I think could translate well style wise on the new one.
>>
Which one of you crazy cunts harassed me at Walmart today? She put me through this 5 hour long diatribe about how she buys 4 of every Rainbow High doll: One to display, one to display the second outfit, another to dye their hair, and then ??? (I was merely pretending to pay attention) She was so off kilter she just HAD to be from here. Fess up! I couldn't even get a word in otherwise she was so damn bat shit.
>>
>>10053192
There's a chick on reddit who talks about doing this with MH. Same reasoning too- one for in box, one for out of box, one for customization, and one as an investment. Doll autists are wild.
>>
>>10053235
>one for in box, one for out of box, one for customization, and one as an investment
????
the fuck does “investment” mean?? isn’t keeping it in box the same damn thing???
>>
>>10053305
The in box is for the autist to keep and the investment is to potentially sell. It's hoarder/compulsive shopper logic.
>>
>>10052394
Am I the only person who likes when accessories are specific to the character? Generic accessories are boring.

>>10052902
>I can't wait to witness the crush and burn of both this reboot
Imagine if the line is successful with kids and sells well, how much are you gonna rage? Lmao
>>
>>10053192
kinda jealous that you actually saw another female collector around even if she was nuts. all i see are the greasy men in the lego and funko pop sections, never any other adults in the "girl" aisle.
>>
>>10053315
>Imagine if the line is successful with kids
I doubt it considering how bad the launch is and rainbow high dominating with good designs and quality
>>
>>10053319
There's literally a movie coming out days after they launch and a full animated series coimng the month after. The launch is only a mess for adult fans. They'll be fine with the amount of money they're pumping into it. Besides RH raising prices and reducing quality and how much you actually get is going to steer parents to MH instead. It's already steering me away from RH, after I get the Rainbow Vision sets I'm calling it quits on the line.
>>
>>10053319
How many children have you seen with a rainbow high doll?
>>
>>10052952
Yeah, the braids really make her look a million times better
>>
my favorite OG MH were :
Skelitta (just brilliant concept, I'm still coping having missed the collector one)
Lagoona (in spite of her wonky eyes she consisantly had good outfits, too bad I missed the first wave one)
Rochelle : I love her style and her long straight pink hair. the og one is the best, with the black ironwork like head band. Plus she had a cute BF.
>>
>>10053451
Yeah RH has been all over the place this season, and with the release of the second wave of SH dolls coming up not having second outfits i feel like they're pushing their luck
>>
>>10053315
>Imagine if the line is successful with kids and sells well,
We have been through this in previous thread.
It's delusional cope for MH consoomers.

>>10053319
>>10053640
There's also the OMG line. MGA dominate the fashion doll market as of now.

>>10053451
>reducing quality
Still miles better than MH G3.
>steer parents to MH instead
Not with Frankie being a troon, despite Mattel denying and gaslighting through the actual product. It will only make the parents angrier.
>>
>>
>>10053671
>MGA dominate the fashion doll market as of now.
Oh for sure, there's no denying that, it's just RH and SH putting out some audacity
>>
>>10053704
looks so much better in blue
>>
>>10053451
>RH raising prices
I swear I saw the sh series 2 with cheaper prices
>>
>>10053751
Pretty sure they're gonna be $30
>>
>>10053451
MH core dolls are gonna be $25. The budget line might live with the $15 price tag, but even parents will see that $25 for a doll that looks ugly as sin (lagoona and Ghoulia) and has awful fashion (all but Frankie) isn’t worth that price tag.

>>10053758
Yea I see that. I was confused because the K-pop girls are supposed to be $40 and thought all rainbow high was that price.
>>
>>10053768
I think most parents find modern toys to be absolute shit, it comes down to if the kids want it
>>
>>10053780
I can definitely see parents buying one for their kids. But after one day of play, the fact that Mattel didn’t seal the dolls properly will sink in and parents would be less likely to buy them as word gets around in parent circles.
>>
>>10053790
As long as the kid keeps playing with it or doesn't want the expensive alternative, i doubt they will care
>>
>>10053768
>The budget line might live with the $15 price tag
Yeah, it's the only thing that got a chance.

>>10053780
>>10053801
>kids want it
>still thinks that young girls would want cutesy monsters or older girls would want crappy cutesy monsters

>>10053790
>parents buying one for their kids
>Tranny Frankie
>QC
>25$
Nope
>>
>>10053825
I'm gonna be totally honest I don't got a clue what young or older girls want, I wouldn't want any Barbie Color Reveal but those are apparently big sellers, whether or not the new MH dolls sell well is a complete toss in the dark to me, it could go either way
>>
>>10053836
I’ve actually been wondering if the color reveals sell well or they just sell better than trashonistas
>>
>>10051294
They learned and made Draculaura smaller!

>They're not as good as old MH
I agree. But well done for sidecharacters, backgrounders or “NPC“
>>
>>10053836
>>10053839
Color reveals are popular among little girls thanks to the whole blind bag crap unboxing videos. The Cutie Reveals are pretty nice, but don't have wrist joint and have ugly molded and colored bra and underwear.
I wonder if the Chelsea ones will be any good or have molded stockings.
>>
>>10053896
>molded bra
I don’t understand why Mattel does this. Isn’t it cheaper to just paint it on?
>>
> everything is new to her yet already know she's non binary and proud despite being female presenting but yeah representation
https://youtu.be/MclP-kAnQIc
>>
>>10054055
That is a sign to get out of here before the thread turns into a shitshow
>>
>>10053640

The SH dolls got pushed back to next year, I wonder if they’re adding second outfits.
>>
>>10054055
Guess parents won’t have to time to even buy the doll before they find out Frankie’s a troon.

>>10054073
Hopefully they saw the backlash and learned from their mistakes.
>>
Isn't it problematic that the butchered frankenstein monster is the nonbinary/trans one? She pieces herself together and decides she's not he or she because muh labels.
>>
>>10054121
No, because they’re all monsters, so it doesn’t matter
>>
>>10054121
I think the worse part is that she’s two weeks old
>>
>>10053836
What MH has going for it, is that it has a made to tv tween movie and a kids cartoon coming out. Kids tend to go towards toys that have tie-in media, because that media works as advertising. So I do think G3 has a chance with its target audience.
>>
>>10054121
>the butchered frankenstein monster is the nonbinary/trans one
Sounds pretty on the nose.
>>
>>10054379
It's like when Tumblr artists said they'd fight European beauty standards by giving black characters huge lips and bell pepper noses, they never seem to clock how they make the joke worse
>>
>>10053318
You know what? You made me realize something! Maybe that's why she was nuts. I mean, I don't see anybody in the doll aisles either. (Aside from the occasional mom and her kid begging for toys) She was the second person I've ever come across in the doll section. The first was this Grandma who wanted my advice. Man, that Grandma couldn't even comprehend I was an adult who was into dolls. You could see it in her face. It was embarrassing. She thought I was shopping for my niece. Granny was curious about what adults even do with dolls. Anyway, back to the crazy woman at the Walmart. She assumed I was shopping for a kid as well but I told her it was for me. That's when the floodgates opened. I suspect she's not really as nuts as she seems. She might be flexing or something because I'm the only adult human she'd ever met that understands her hobby. It's possible she wanted to impress me. If she was here right now I'd tell her to work on her freaking people skills. When I managed to squeeze a word past her unwanted advice, I told her I was looking for Ash from Shadow High and the junior high River Kendall. She went on for years telling me they're hideous, ugly, ugly, ugly (she really said ugly like 20 times) dolls. It didn't change my opinion and I wasn't gonna just agree with her. We all know male dolls cater to a specific niche. But what the fuck? Funny enough, I told her I wasn't a fan of Stella and she looked at me like I had two heads.

With conversation etiquette like that, maybe she does post here? So don't be jealous! I'd rather weirdos on the internet than weirdos in my face any day.
>>
>>10053318
Yeah I'm surrounded by lego autists, my Walmart had to put the lego section behind glass lmao
>>
>>10054395
I’ve met people like her. Not for dolls but other hobbies I like. I think when people don’t have a direct group to interact with over certain niche hobbies, all this energy just builds up so when they find that 1 person irl with a similar interest it just explodes out in excitement. And there is no filter.

>I was looking for Ash from Shadow High and the junior high River Kendall.

Glad to see here I’m not the only one who likes those two. I just picked up Ash today and I’m still looking for jr River. I also picked up Finn. He’s my least favorite of the boys but he was on clearance at my target so I thought why not.
>>
>>10054444
Congrats on Ash. He has my favourite face out of all the boys. I wanna get him but I'm still on the fence. Maybe he'll get cheaper around the whole Black Friday holiday season? Hopefully?? I'm still looking for Jr River too. He's definitely going in my collection, sale or no sale. His curtain bangs and beanie are too cute. I don't really like Finn all that much but I do like his colour scheme. If I was ever lucky enough to see him on clearance I would have done the same thing.
>>
This is horrible lmao. Is MGA trying to kill Rainbow High?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWUhcFmo6KQ
>>
>>10054536
MGAs strong suit was never in their media
>>
>>10054536
What’s so bad about it? Is it the fact that Heather isn’t animated?
>>
>>10054522
Ash has been popping up for $9 in some Walmarts. Keep an eye out.
>>
>>10054549
Maybe it's the audacity in implying Violets outfit is good enough to be tied against Demis
>>
>>10054536
I'm pretty sure Heather was just saying the blurbs on the back of the boxes at some point. What a lazy episode. Running out of budget?
>>
Went to Target today to see if they had the new MH dolls yet and... there were 5 Draculauras on the shelf. Just Draculaura, no one else. Is each character being shipped out in their own case?

Anyway, I liked her much better in person! LOVE the new split hairstyle. Sadly they all had some kind of defect so I didn't get her this time... I hope the QC is not this bad on all the shipments.
>>
>>10054536
This took them like a month too. MGA has some big time retards in management I’m guessing.
>>
>>10055148
but they only have one studio (pixel zoo) do all their brands animation so rainbow high, house of surprises, mermaze and little tikes plus and omg will have their second movie release soon.
I also heard stuff planned for this seasons like shadow high series 2 and custom dolls has been pushed for spring 2023 so they my try to do last minute fix up
>>
>>10054121
Yeah and directly after that part of the song, she says she's "finding what I'm meant to be"... so it makes it sound like being "nb" is just a temp thing until you figure it out (when in actuality it's just a nothing-label for zoomers to make themselves feel special and unique). I actually really like G3 Frankie's design but at the same time don't want to support this wokeshit so I'm torn on whether to buy her or not.
>>
>>10055177
Isn’t MGA relatively tiny compared to Mattel?
>>
>>10055180
I’m gonna try buying her second-hand when the prices aren’t stupid
>>
>>10055139
Yeah, they are all individual cases. Almost all doll releases are now. Tbh even if there was a perfect one you can't buy her there til the 1st. The system has blocks for the street date - they'll be removed from the shelf once someone tries to scan it and the street date comes up.
>>
>>10055177
It’s not my problem as a consumer that they’re cheap asses who only have one studio. Get less retarded management.
>>
>>10055148
>>10055177
I wonder who writes the script for all this crappy doll tie-in media. The dialogue always sounds like what a middle aged man thinks Gen Z girls talk like.
>>
>>10055331
Really? Huh. Thanks for the info anon, I feel less sad about not finding a flawless one now. I like that the dolls will be put out in equal amounts so there won't be one or two that are extra hard to find like with the old gens.
>>
>>10055418
>I like that the dolls will be put out in equal amounts so there won't be one or two that are extra hard to find like with the old gens.
Drac might just come in her own case because she’s the one who sells the most.
certain characters are shortpacked or overpacked for a reason, to more accurately estimate buyer demand. Boy dolls are always shortpacked, to not do so would result in so much unsold stock. The first OMG boy release Cool Lev is still on Amazon for around 50% off MSRP as of this writing, further proving my point.
My estimate for g3 case ratios at this point is going to be;
2x Frankie
2x Clawdeen
1x Cleo
1x Lagoona.
6x Drac (in her own shipper)
>>
>>10054121
I think it’s really great, there’s a lot of people who feel confused, who don’t feel like they fit in either the boy or girl box and to let them know it’s ok to not be in a box.
I wish I had a character like this growing up, so many pressures to look and act a certain way just because you have a certain set of genitals.
I had people asking me “when I was going to start liking boys“ in high school as if that’s a thing everyone has to do. I told them I was asexual but they said “that’s not a real thing”.
It’s an antiquated belief and causes a lot of unnecessary suffering.

I hope that in future monster high
commercials they show male-presenting/AMAB people playing with the dolls too, I don’t wanna hear another story about boys who were shamed for liking dolls because “those are for girls”.
>>
File: 20220922_175811.jpg (123 KB, 828x828)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
I can't say enough how i hate the new clawdeen her clothes aren't bad but her base is ugly, one of the thing i liked about her was how her dolls had different hairstyles and hair colors each time plus even mattel don't have faith in her she has less doll than frankie and draculaura while being the suposed main character.

I just hope they didn't cut her siblings, howleen is twyla friends and clawd make a great couple with draculaura with that whole vampire vs werewolf thing, clawdia ugly ass can choke tho.
>>
>>10055833
other-ing yourself, saying you're not a boy or a girl if you do not follow a stereotype is still perpetuating the stereotype.
Boys can play with dolls, girls can be tomboys without being an enbie.
No wonder LGB without the T exists. This trooning and enbie thing is Tomboy, Femmeboy, Gay, and Lesbian erasure.
>>
>>10054051
Because they're idiots as they keep proven to be.

>>10054121
>Isn't it problematic
Everything today is.
I saw wokies who complained about it.

>>10055833
That's not positive progress, associating sex with firm stereotypes to the point of denying basic biology and reality itself, pushing people to castrate, mutilate and create many health problems for themselves is wrong and evil.
Lots of teens going through confusion but most of them ened being normal which is now considred as bad thing and people putting all their uniqueness through sexuality is shallow, disgusting and degenerate. Sure you can like stuff that aren't typical for your sex, it doesn't make you bad or good person, your deeds are.

>>10055148
At least it's just in their media and their dolls are still great. I've yet seen them going full retard like Mattel and hopefully I never will. I guess you can count the 2015 Bratz rebbot as one case.

>>10055180
I'm debating that myself...I kinda want budget Frankie and Goreganizer Darc if she will ever be on sale.
The fact they omit the trannie part on the boxes and product description is quite scammy although preferable.
>>
>>10055927
>her clothes aren't bad
They aren't great either. The fur jacket is shapeless and the budget outfit is a bit ugly. I'l give the other ones a pass, because almost all dolls in that pack/wave have ugly outfits.

>plus even mattel don't have faith in her she has less doll than frankie and draculaura while being the suposed main character
That's so odd. I think this reboot is great showcase to the shitshow that currently goes in Mattel's headquarters.

>I just hope they didn't cut her siblings, howleen is twyla friends and clawd make a great couple with draculaura with that whole vampire vs werewolf thing
I think they did...it will be intersting to see if Twyla will be given a new tween body or will just reuse Darculara chubby shortstack body. Either way I don't have high hopes for her, I'm certain they will cheap out on the body paint like they did with Toralei.

>clawdia ugly ass can choke tho
Kek, I agree.

>>10056050
The slippery slope wasn't fallacy.
Normalizing the alpha bet soup was a huge mistake. We quickly went from not prosecuting fags to drag shows for kids within 2-3 decades.
>>
>>10051345
Anon, these costumes only come in kids sizes... are you underage or an ana-chan?

Side note, these are all sold out already on the Spirit website. Interesting. Little girl hype for new MH confirmed?
>>
>>10056203
>only come in kids sizes
>Little girl
Those like like young teens.

>sold out already on the Spirit website
Is that a major site?
>>
>>10056209
*Those look like
>>
This looks so much better it’s crazy.
Why can’t these new designers create appealing color schemes?
>>
>>10056246
It's incredible what a difference that makes. Give her an actual brow ring and I would absolutely buy this doll.
>>
File: spirith.png (738 KB, 873x491)
738 KB
738 KB PNG
>>10056209
>Is that a major site?
Is this a joke question or are you just not American? Spirit is where like 90% of Americans get their Halloween costumes, yeah.

The sizes available are small (age 4-6), medium (age 8-10), and large (age 12-14) and ALL the sizes are sold out, so...
>>
>>10056246
>>10056253
Too monochromatic, but not bad. I don't like the shoes and MH logo repaint. Also remove that cringey Frankie name tag on her belt and improve the clothes quality.
>>
>>10056246
Here’s my take
>>
>>10056262
>Also remove that cringey Frankie name tag on her belt
“Not a he or she cause labels aren’t for me“ yet both her prosthetic leg and belt has her name on it.
What did G3 Frankie mean by this
>>
>>10056203
I’m just short and skinny.

>>10056262
I agree it’s too monochromatic, but I like the dog
I like this color scheme tho >>10056433. It’s cohesive, and still in style with the rest of g3
>>
and a quick attempt at fixing Clawdeens hair color
>>10056457
Glad ya like it
>>
>>10054055
Now it's "WAAT-zee" instead of "WHAT-zee" so it's like "watt" as in electricity... okay I guess that makes sense, but like why?

>>10054172
Pretty sure that matches the OG canon? I remember her saying she was 15 days old in the OG.
>>
>>10056433
>>10056246
These edits look really ugly and the actual doll looks way better, no offense.
>>
>>10056260
Not American.
>ALL the sizes are sold out, so...
I wonder if there was a shortage in the stock, either way will wait and see if it translate into actual toy sales.

>>10056448
>What did G3 Frankie mean by this
That she is narcissistic attention whore just like the people she represent.

>>10056433
I'm not sure it's much better, I prefer yellow for the lighting bolts. I do like the shoes more.
>>
>>10056500
You're entitled to your opinion, I honestly don't even hate the G3 look
>>10056505
I'm more of a green fan than yellow fan, think it vibes more with the blue and pink
>>
File: clawdeen.png (329 KB, 870x870)
329 KB
329 KB PNG
>>10056464
I used yours as a base.
>>
I really like this redesign of Frankie. Specifically the outfit. I just can’t stand side parts on most dolls.
>>
>>10056746
Seems like a bit too much, too busy. I actually like the hair, but only if they'd bother to frock the side
>>
>>10056769
>frock
Flock*
>>
>>10056601
Dropping my edit for fun. I just dark hair and a slight face change.
>>
Frankie is they/them?
>>
>>10056746
i wish she was more green, she's sort of lost the "frankenstein" look
>>
>>10057148
We've known this for months anon. We got a lotta slowpokes coming around the thread this time.
>>
>>10057178
Oh okay just wanna make sure
Not sure how I feel don’t get me wrong I’m all up for diversity that’s what monster high was always about. But, Frankie was one of my crushes since childhood
>>
>>10056746
this version is so much cooler anon plus this design read more as enby than the official design.
like the other anon said if she was green she would be more Frankenstein
>>
>>10057179
>I’m all up for diversity
Welp that's it for the rest of this thread. See you all in a week or two.
>>
>>10057148
Frankentranny.
>>10057179
It's a toy anon. Ignore the new "canon", enjoy the toys. Or don't and make/customize your own. The best way to tell mattel to fuck off is to not give them money.
Get a 3D printer, there's a growing MH community for that too.
>>
Has anyone bought from Haunt Couture before? I kinda need this.
>>
File: images (7).jpg (49 KB, 518x592)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
How do you guys feel about the new wave of Barbie Extra?
I haven't seen one that really grabs me yet.
>>
>>10057369
That isn't new
>>
>>10057317
I bought a top from them, it was fine
>>
Speaking of Extra, new Dream Ella dolls "Extra Iconic"
>>
>>10057313
>there's a growing MH community for that too.
pics?
>>
>>10057317
I bought some stuff from them. I don't think their sizing adjustment is super accurate, like the stuff technically fits but it's not flattering to the shapes of the doll. I think if you buy pieces sized for the doll in the photos then it's more likely to look good, rather than buying that set for an MH or something else. My mistake was probably picking clothes designed for one kind of doll and requesting it sized to a different doll. Also since they're all handmade to order there is always chance of some slight variation. I do feel that a lot of their items are overpriced for something that doesn't fit perfectly.

Still, they do very unique and beautiful designs. You probably won't find anything similar. Make sure you confirm what accessories it comes with.
>>
>>10057398
Hey at least they look like they have actual color schemes?
>>
>>10057400
>>
>>10057384
new to me, haven't looked at Barbies in about a year
>>
>>10057449
cool
would love to see more like this. i've been thinking of selling 3D printed doll accessories but a 3D printer is a big investment. gotta git gud at blender first.
>>
File: Barbie Extra 14-18.png (2.66 MB, 2000x1007)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB PNG
>>10057398
These look cute, where's this leak from? MGA had a great idea not diminishing their other brands with their budget lines.

>>10057369
Extra 9-13 and that Deluxe doll were ugly disasters, but the newest wave looks nice. Only one I'm definitely getting is 15 though, but I'm considering 14. The Barbie Extra Fancy dolls came out too, if you missed them.
>>
>>10056746
Yeah that's much better, still has the shitty tag name belt unedited/not removed.
I don't like cunt hair style for charcters, but I'm tolerate for it when it comes to fashion dolls because flock.
Speaking of, the fact that Frankie has the signature hairstyle of Venus makes me wonder if they dropped her for this reboot? Not that it will long enough to use her.
I find it annoying that because of prosthetic leg, she can't wear boots or fully cover her legs because they most show it.

>>10057179
>I’m all up for diversity
Enjoy your Barbie wearing potato sack dress.

>>10057450
You missed nothing. Maybe give a shot to the Looks line, but they're very simple and suffer from QC issues.

>>10057398
Those are nice, but I don't like how only the knees are articulated and not the elbows and wrists too. Wish they'd just use click knees instead.

>>10057313
>>10057449
>Get a 3D printer
Can't wait for the future to pirate toys!
>>
>>10057398
Lmao that is just straight up the Barbie Extra logo, I love when they get petty
>>
>>10057485
Mattel started it when they copied Extra from LOL OMG.
>>
File: rainbow high killer.jpg (49 KB, 960x960)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Barbie's Rainbow High killer multi pack
>>
>>10054536
Weird that Lolas "costume" isn't the outfit her doll ends up wearing, not that they didn't make the right choice since her "costume" looks like it came from the Rainbiw Vision set, but still an odd choice
>>
>>10057516
mgabros…. how will we ever recover
>>
>>10057516
That’s just sad
>>
Target sent me a notification with an ad featuring a reel drama Drac, but the app never loaded. When I refreshed there's no trace of any MH dolls on the app either. Weird
>>
>>10057889
Same thing happened to me, but the app loaded immediately and there wasn’t any monster high dolls
>>
>>10057516
I’ve discovered I have some kind of brain rot where when I see rainbows I MUST have it even though I l know the set will only look together. And yet this isn’t even a tiny bit appealing…who is this for? I feel like even a kid would be disappointed
>>
>>10057516
Potato sacks come in so many colors.
>>
>>10057516
Ya know, if you properly fitted some of these, fixed the shoe selection and popped a simple cute 70s print on the dress, you'd have a pretty decent set that's in line with modern fashion trends, this is just bizarrely plain
>>
>>10058078
For kids that tell their parents they want a full rainbow high set and can't afford.
So Mattel hoping for MGA scraps.
>>
>>10057516
>red hair, orange dress
>blonde hair, green dress

What’s wrong with the designers?
>>
>>10058078
I imagine it'll be pushed around the holidays, making for an easy and cheap choice
>>
>>10057398
Here’s a proper pic
>>
>>10058293
Those faces are still awful but they’re a bit less awful than they were before, cute outfits though, will probably get the cherry girl just for the outfit
>>
>>10058293
they're only $14.99 too
>>
>>10058357
>$14.99
>>
File: 81TVIBwm2IL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (217 KB, 1185x1500)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>10057398
>>10058293
dream ella still has a bunch of things coming this fall and all under $20 still the same characters tho.
We can see there with the dolls house the upcoming street style dolls with one bella (chelsea size), 6 more i am career dolls and two princess lines, one regular and one sleepwear. There will also be a bunch of bella line to go along most of the other ella lines
If they were not canceled there's two candy male prince doll coming too .
>>
>>10058293
Slap a proper face up on them and they’d just look like an older CEO/GG Barbie
>>
>>10058387
That's a nice doll house, simple but pleasant
>>
>>10058293
I love the cherry girl and the black girl’s clothes are almost Rainbow High quality. I really want this line to catch on. I think their eyes are just way close together
>>
>>10058387
Their Chelsea rip is really cute. Still begging MGA to make a Rainbow High mini 6” line.
>>
>>10058230
This was the only good holiday set ever. Everyone else should give it up
>>
>>10057516
Getting this as a Christmas gift for a kid should be considered child abuse
>>
>>10058505
Iconic
>>
Bratz Cult Gaia Designer Yasmin doll.

This one is a little boring, but I like the Cloe from this collab.
>>
>>10058533
Bratz Cult Gaia Designer Cloe doll
>>
>>10058293
Still got that ugly as sin face.
Left and right dolls are pretty cute outside the face though.
>>
>>10057516
Does anyone know if nuBarbie is toxic? I found powder on a nib fashionista (she was on clearance)
>>
>>10056746
Is this an edit or her budget doll? Haven't seen this pic before
>>
>>10058568
>Is this an edit or her budget doll? Haven't seen this pic before
This Frankie doll is a KBtoys exclusive, they’re a small toy boutique only in malls with no standalone outlets, like Auntie Anne’s pretzels is.
>>
>>10058568
It's obviously an edit
>>
>>10058589
Shh, let me go on the internet and tell blatant lies to people who aren’t very perceptive
>>
>>10058387
oh i love the french doors on this house. i want that for my dream dollhouse now actually…
>>
>>10058580
>>10058594
don't be an asshat, anon. go outside
>>
Has anyone been to one of the "Toys R Us in Macys" locations? Is it worth it or is it just the same of stuff as the toy aisle in WM/Target? There's one half an hour away from me and IDK if I should bother checking it out.
>>
File: TRU_stairs.jpg (137 KB, 640x480)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>10058695
Toybox Philosopher did a pretty though tour of a Macy's TRU at the American Dream mall in NJ. Here's the link:

https://www.toyboxphilosopher.com/2022/08/toys-us-at-american-dream.html
>>
>>10058580
>>10058685
Must be a monster high stan lately they're overtly defensive over g3 and spread missinformation and troll people for disliking it

>>10058695
The only things worth is taking a pic with geoffrey the giraffe, there's no price match and everythings is full price, no exclusive toys and no online shop
>>
>>10058737
I was a little bummed we weren’t getting one nearby till I saw this review. Looks pretty lame desu, would have been disappointing to just see a bunch of the same shit as Target for twice the price.
>>
>>10058737
Oh cool, looks like they carry quite a few things that WM/Target don't have in-store, like the Barbie Looks. I guess it would be worth visiting once in a while.
>>
>>10058533
Why does Yasmin always look like she's halfway through a blink in these new dolls? She wasn't like that in the original line.
>>
>>10058387
This house would be perfect for customization its pretty nice any idea how much it will cost?
>>
>>10051057
>>10051092
>>10057889
According to the Youloveit site, the release date has been pushed to Nov 1 instead, which would explain why no one's finding them anywhere
>>
>>10057523
I am wondering if they originally were going to have 2 outfits, like RH dolls have had up until now, and the second outfit was already rendered for the animation before they decided to drop it.
>>
mh joined tiktok 2 days ago and posted a vid with the g1 dolls... um okay. i don't understand mattel at all, they are pandering to nostalgia for g1 with stuff like this and releasing some merch/halloween costumes based on g1, but then also completely changed everything for g3. why not focus on one or the other? why is the advertising and merch split between the two? if they didn't want to totally abandon the g1 stuff in the first place then why did they redesign everything instead of keeping the same base designs?? sigh

tiktok.com/@monsterhigh
>>
>>10059177
Plenty of other brands like He-man and Transformers do the same thing. They release new stuff as well as stuff for old fans.
>>
>>10058387
it looks so much better than the pink abomination Barbie's doll house usually are.
>>
>>10058293
if they improve the face sculpt and face up they are going to mog Barbie.
>>
>>10059189
I was just about to say transformers has been doing this shit for years. G1 stuff, movie stuff, "classics lines", new characters in the G1 style, reproductions the list goes on. It's actually a smart way to handle a legacy brand.
>>
>>10058293
I know we want to hate on Barbie extra but holy shit these butterflies. The clothes and shoes are decent but the faces are atrocious and the hair looks cheap AF. Only thing I'd do with them is mug then for clothes when they hit the clearance aisle.
>>
>>10059528
>Butterflies
Shit autocorrect I meant butterfaces
>>
>>10058293
>>10058357
Can someone explain to me how do MGA price their dolls ?
How can this be 15$ while lol tweens are 20$ regular omg and rh junior high 26$, a regular rainbow high with two outfits and nanana 30$ but then a regular mermaze and upcoming rainbow high dolls with one outfits are 32$ plus all their collectors dolls at $60 and above. i can't understand how slumber party and rockers rh were $50 but the rainbow vision dolls are $40.
Their pricing is so insane, it's like Isaac Larian woke up and just gave a random number.
>>
Frankie concept dropped and was designed by the whole MH team.
>>
>>10059930
I wonder why they changed the shoe colors?
>>
>>10059930
>>10059943
>Anon predicted the original shoe color >>10056433
Lmao wtf
>>
>>10059930
Wish they kept the bangs and socks
>>
I feel like I’ve been lying to myself trying to get hyped for this reboot because I liked G1 but I don’t care anymore. The G3 dolls and designs are ugly as fuck on their own. MGA might be sporadically pricey but at least they deliver fashion that isn’t targeted at 4 year olds like all Mattel doll brands are. I want good clothes and trendy stuff and Mattel fell off in that regard. Hell restyles of the new MH dolls rely on MGA clothes to look good.
>>
>>10059997
What is with the giant feet
>>
https://youtu.be/nylWtt-Nk6Y
This video with clips of the new show was released. I’ve lost hope of it being any good. It looks like generic kiddie shit.
>>
>>10059997
they have the same design as the box art and those prototypes we saw a while ago, i'm thankful we got original dolls design that are pretty tho, just show how they knew those designs would have thanked the dolls sales
>>
>>10059997
The longer I look at this the more I get the feel the Cave Club team worked on G3. Their faces and shape look super similar
>>
>>10059997
I see toralei actually has short hair in her animated form
>>
>>10059997
>cankles
>no eyeshadow
>bland chunky shoes
These ghouls are not freaky fabulous
>>
>>10059997
>draculaura became a snub nosed chink
and she's a fucking witch for what reason?
why not just make a new witch character? why mix a bunch of shit up with her character, she isnt some sort of franken-troon like nufrankie
NGMI
>>
>>10059997
Whats up with frankies arm pussy thing?
>>
>>10060190
Arm pussy? Anon she pops her arm off this isn't even new
>>
https://youtu.be/aN_VecfyPhM
>Heaths dad is the Devil
That's actually hilarious
>>
>>10060218
I like Frankie here
>>
>>10060218
They couldn’t have gotten a better voice actress for clawdeen? She sound nauseating.

>>10060049
It seems less like something for tween girls and more like something for 4 year olds. Kinda depressing
>>
G3 Manny and Finnegan makes a return
>>
>>10060287
Ghoulia with what looks like cute little pigtails, looks like her doll was also hit with the same
>dolls can't have short hair
Bullshit as Toraleis
>>
>>10060288
Spectra looking kinda like Ari.
>>
>>10059930
>>
>>10060287
I wanna suck Manny's big meaty bull cock
>>
>>10060322
You keep that to yourself
>>
>>10059189
>>10059524
this is a doll thread, who cares about figure shit. you don't usually see fashion doll lines do that. like how litdh was totally abandoned once barbie got the latest redesign, despite how popular that was. i guess most lines aren't around long enough to get redesigns tbf.
>>
>>10060218
Why does literally no one have an accent? Even Dracula, Dracula should not sound American.
>>
>>10060357
Eh most Barbie lines/generations get left behind, only getting some reproductions here and there, which typically only goes from 60-90s
>>
>>10060218
>everything is super generic
>frankie knows more than clawdeen despite only being two weeks old
>no monster puns at all???
>even dracula himself can't have an accent because accents are racist ig
sigh... i like that deuce has nail polish tho. looks more punk

>>10060278
>like something for 4 year olds
for sure. it's on the same level as gabbys dollhouse/fancy nancy/other generic preschool shows
>>
>>10060378
>monster puns
We did get a "fangtastic" and "oh stakes", the accents getting dropped is weird but honestly that was a typical normie complaint in both gen 1 and 2, im not surprised that Mattel listened
>>
>>10060218
Hate it. Hope everyone involved dies.
>>
>>10060287
Manny looks like shit. More like a fucking steer than an actual bull. Disgusting.

>>10060288
Looks NOTHING like Ghoulia
>>
>>10060287
Manny’s got tabi boots.
>>
>>10057449
Fashion Doll noob but have 3D printers and would be interested in checking out some 3D printed/customized MH dolls or similar brands. Is there a specific site/place where people who do 3D work and print parts post the shit?
>>
Possible G3 Clawd and Abby design
>>
>>10060565
>>
>>10060565
>>10060569
Wait... I really like these
>>
>>10060574
Yea they look good, but too bad they probably got sterilized
>>
>>10060569
that Abbey is terrible wtf is wrong with you
>>
>>10060569
They massacred my girl. I can't stand that ugly crimped shit.
>>10060565
Not feeling the Jheri curl design.
>>
>>10060485
are you interested in specifically monster high or just, like, 3D printed BJDs in general?
i don’t have a 3D printer but i was interested in checking out models as well and found this site the other day
>https://cults3d.com/en/search?page=1&q=Monster+high
but it seems to be mostly replacement parts
also, OT, but i posted this in /tsg/ forever ago. i wonder if it’d be possible to import a sims 4 model into blender (there are already programs that do this), make the appropriate modifications to make it articulated, and then print the pieces out and put it together. obviously though you’d have to paint it and put a wig on it and clothes etc. or maybe it’s just a retarded idea idk
>>
>>10059997
Clawdeen looks autistic.
>>
>>10059997
at times like these you can only feel glad that ever after high is dead and buried
>>
>>10060296
The volume in her hair improves it so much. She looks cute and fashionable now.
>>
>>10060569
What the fuck is this ugly outfit
>>
>>10060609
I was more interested to see how big the crowd (if any) of people doing 3D printed MH or similar fashion doll bodies, parts, accessories, etc was and where, if anywhere, people post or share that kind of thing. I know about BJDs but that's not really what I'm looking for.

Cults 3D is one site where people have profiles and post their work. I prefer Yeggi, that site pulls from Cults, Thingiverse, Shapeways, and many other 3d print file sites/databases when displaying results.

https://www.yeggi.com/q/monster+high/

I was curious to see if there were any people making unique additions to MH or similar dolls, rather than simply printing spare parts though. Like printing newly modeled compatible heads, limbs such as clawed hands, hooves, perhaps a scaled body, fur covered body, etc. That kind of thing.

>i wonder if it’d be possible to import a sims 4 model into blender (there are already programs that do this), make the appropriate modifications to make it articulated, and then print the pieces out and put it together.
Definitely possible, but you'd basically be modeling from scratch in blender simply using the Sims model as a reference. There's a lot of modeling work that would need to be done to bring the game model up to a usable level, and then creating all the joints and stuff that a work flow like that really doesn't make too much sense. It would just be easier to start that from scratch using the Sim as a reference.
>>
>>10060290
Can't be Spectra; Mattel let their trademark/copyright/whatever on her name lapse. Either it is Ari, or a new ghost character.
>>
>>10060574
Abby looks like shit, anon
>>
>>10059997
My personal opinions on the validity of non-binary identity aside, I think this legitimately might be the first children’s cartoon where a lead character is explicitly referred to as gender-nonbinary with they/them pronouns.
No idea how much it’s going to cripple the franchise, and no idea how they’re going to translated into other languages, but all of the other they/them childrens media characters I can think of have been in supporting roles.
Double trouble from She-Ra Spop is a secondary antagonist, plus that series was streaming-only, whereas this nickelodeon MH cartoon is going to be broadcast on network TV.
>>
>>10060872
what about that tranny house show
>>
>>10060808
That's not how trademarks work. Just because trademark isn't active doesn't mean they can't use her in the cartoon. They will just have to apply for the trademark again if they release a new doll for her though. For example Heath Burns was named in October 2010. They requested the trademark for his name in Feb 2011. From there his name could be used in actual products.
>>
>>10060569
I dont hate this, not really ideal but she isn't a complete stranger to her old self
>>
>>10060565
on one of the staff instagram page, they credit romulus as part of cast and describe him as "leader of the pack" i think it's clawd but redesigned and if so howleen that was also credited may not be clawdeen sister anymore

>>10060569
she match the overall look abbey had in the live action movie but isn't mentioned anywhere i think she maybe introduced later in the series like in g1 and g2. if she kept the same design her doll will be the same size as frankie but draculaura thickness
>>
>>10061024
I'm hoping they'd give Abbey a slightly taller than average doll since she's bigger than the other ghouls, I doubt they will but would be nice
>>
File: Real Spectra.png (368 KB, 469x800)
368 KB
368 KB PNG
>>10059997
I'm Glad anon you came to your senses and you're completely right!

>>10059930
>even the concept design wasn't that good to begin with
>generic 80's geek chick with unmatching bag
Meh
Interesting though, she did still have her neck bolts as the design stage.

>>10060287
>Finnegan
Looks cool, but I, sure the actual doll will be cheap crap and miss a lot of details.

>>10060290
Look how they mascaraed my girl!
>No beautiful high cheekbones
>No goth looking
>Discount purple Gigi Grant
Into the trash she goes.

>>10060569
>more fatties
>more fanny packs
Typical Mattel

>>10060872
>>10060875
>She-Ra
>tranny house show
Flops without toy merch that only appeal to twitter users.
>but all of the other they/them childrens media characters I can think of have been in supporting roles
And how many of them have toys?! ZERO.
>No idea how much it’s going to cripple the franchise, and no idea how they’re going to translated into other languages
Mattel are scummy bastards and omitted that fact on the doll boxes. It will bite them back in the ass, I'm sure of it. They probably will omit from the cartoon in other countries, but how much it will affect in the US will be, as it will determine the fate of this reboot which most likely will flop.
>>
>>10061304
I think that's just the shadow from her collar, not neck bolts.
>>
>>10060749
>She looks cute and fashionable now.
They look cute and fashionable now.
Fixed it for you
>>
File: neck bolt.png (7 KB, 40x70)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>10061422
Could be, but it's not fully painted behind the collar.

>>10061445
Shut up wokie and leave.
>>
>>10060287
Holy shit, Manny looks hot. He was hot before, but he's also hot here. I wanna fuck that bull boy.
>>
>>10060565
>>10060569
the concept art looks better than the actual box art... why. i do like clawd here.

>>10060872
steven universe?
>>
>>10061551
>steven universe
>few McFarlane fake Lego sets that got nowhere
All those shows only appeal to twitter fags, actual kids don't give a shit about them and parents most likely will boycott them. Same shit will happen with the toddler friendly looking G3 cartoon.
>>
OMG Fierce Candylicious leak
>>
>>10058695
Canada's Tru pretty much sucks sweaty giraffe balls.
For example the Star Wars "Vintage Collection" 1/18 figures have usually cost a dollar or two MORE than the Black series. and fro the 6 inch Joes the cost can range from $19 for LAdy Jaye to $32 for the same figure.
>>
Kitty K OMG Fierce leak
>>
>>10061904
>>10061985
These ones look more promising than the original four fierce designs, I’m hoping there’ll be more at this rate if the final dolls hold up well enough
>>
>>10061912
this is a doll thread, chief. i (and probably most here) have no idea wtf you're talking about
>>
File: demon.jpg (24 KB, 720x720)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
I want to fuck it
>>
>>10062226
Why did the people of this thread need to know that you have perverse sexual lust towards a teenage Frankenmonster?
Keep it out of these threads please, there’s other places for that.
Except that also you really shouldn’t, the character is 15 years old you sicko. This is exactly the kind of male behavior that we talk about when we say “scrote energy“.
>>
>>10062291
The more you reply to them the more you encourage them.
>>
>>10062291
lol FDSer
>>
>>10062185
>>10062185
>>10062185
new thread

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.