[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Brand Licensing OP.png (68 KB, 619x389)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
Previous thread >>10042229
The Brand Licensing Expo starts today and rumor has it we'll be seeing more of the Earthrise toys as well as the first proper look at Rise of the Best toys.

Due to the board being so slow, new thread gets made when we're on page 10 or image limit (otherwise we'd go with bump limit, like faster boards do with their generals.) Report and hide spam/low-quality posts, move on to new threads only when appropriate, instead of making or joining early, low-quality, threads and making the general and entire board actively worse.

>Upcoming Transformers
https://pastebin.com/C8Ww2hdM

>Leaks and rumors
https://pastebin.com/TNvdh9sV (updated)

>Online Stores for TFs:
https://pastebin.com/eEc5GkWs

>Where to watch TF show:
https://pastebin.com/xiX5Q7SE
>>
File: Gmoney.jpg (1.17 MB, 3615x2582)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
first for G-Money approved thread
>>
What's the Brand Licensing Expo?
>>
>>10048681
i want to say that was done once. a very stylized robotic one, with the long swept-back antennae
>>
Too many transformers bugs...some are spiders, others are scorpions, others are bettles...but, my question is: someone knows if there are one that transforms into roach?
>>
>>10048691
was there ever a transformer for that one underwater meme bug? if not, they coulda capitalized on that
>>
>>10048702
retrax is the closest we've gotten to an isopod, he basically is an isopod but he's also kind of a pill millipede.. I would also like to see a more elaborate one based on the deep-sea variety, they are awesome
>>
File: IMG_20220920_013304503.jpg (1.13 MB, 4096x1940)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
>>10048691
Based on relatively recent genetic data, Blattodea and Mantodea have been grouped into the superorder Dictyoptera, which makes Manterror a distant roach cousin.
>>
>>10048667
Galvatron knows what's up. He's already got shades on to shield him from future vitriol and wankery. "Lead by example."
>>
>>10048743
absolute twaddle as always. they've been trying to stick roaches somewhere for ages. they need to stop.
>>
File: IMG_20220920_015846902.jpg (1.36 MB, 4096x1940)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>>10048752
Manterror, of course, agrees with you and despises the besmirchment of his(her) noble line.
>>
>>10048770
i really hope she gets redone.
>>
File: roach.png (94 KB, 217x541)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>10048691

We need a transfomer that transforms into a roach, but a scary one, like the ones of silent hill. Hope to see its toy someday, from roach to robot and from robot to roach.
>>
File: IMG_20220920_022421176.jpg (755 KB, 3262x1940)
755 KB
755 KB JPG
>>10048781
I mean yeah but good luck. This was Beast Wars at the height of it's powers. Great design, great colors, great plastic and tasteful use of translucents. All the while untainted by media tie-ins. That new Inferno looks fine to me, but I'm not sure it's any better than the old one.
>>
>>10048811
aw yeah dig it. that is a nasty critter.
>>10048813
good point, even if we got a new manterror, it might suck ass.
>>
File: 657.png (2.44 MB, 1083x1512)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB PNG
I'm liking this Spider boy more that I thought I would.
>>
>>10048813
>hat new Inferno looks fine to me, but I'm not sure it's any better than the old one.

Because of the sheer lack of paint and variety of parts(like translucents, chrome), I really don't think any toy BW or RiD/Car Robots mold would really be improved aesthetically on a modern toy. ankle rockers and wrists aren't that big a bonus.
>>
>>10048867
dagnabbit amazon, send me mine!!
or some online store, sell him..
>>10048813
>>10048873
it does some things better and some things worse, but the ant mode alone is reason to give new inferno a miss.
>>
File: IMG_20220920_034250644.jpg (1.04 MB, 4096x1940)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>10048867
Turantulas get down! You're surrounded by robotic Cobra super-soldiers!
>>
>>10048811
Reminds me of mole crickets, these things freaked me out the first time I saw one. It's like a expirement let loose in the world.
>>
>>10048885
wetas are cool too, and those camel crickets with the huge tail spike..
>>
>>10048652
>Earthrise toys

Huh?
>>
Victory Saber just hit US port. October release starting to seem likely.
>>
File: 658.png (2.24 MB, 1735x1018)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB PNG
Poor guy needs his eye touched up. I might have a paint close to pearl green for that eye.
>>10048878
he's up on Pulse now I believe
>>10048883
it's ok they just want to attack that Autobot
>>
>>10048899
anon likely meant earthspark
>>
>>10048913
ah yeah i really should stop complaining, technically the fact that he's on pulse means I have less excuse. but not no excuse! I still basically have to wait, because i'm sure not ordering a single deluxe off of pulse. the shipping would be nuts. whereas amazon has still promised to send him for free shippins..
>>
File: 20220920_095128.jpg (2.52 MB, 3859x2628)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB JPG
Legacy Override reminded me how much I loved Transformers Cybertron, so I spent the summer rebuying some of my favourites that I had as a kid. Downshift is actually my childhood figure which was really nice to find, and same deal with Dropshot. I think it might be my favourite toy line
>>
>>10048883
The cool stalker!
>>10048917
Time to pull the trigger anon.
>>
>>10048921
if I felt there was any chance of him becoming rare in the future, I'd bite the bullet
but this is a mass market figure and i've learned better. He's going to get cheaper and cheaper the longer I wait. and i've waited this long.. the pre-order went up, what, february? April. t'was april.
>>
>>10048923
That and he is going to be in wave 1 of the Evolution series so he's going to be on shelves for at least 2 years.
>>
>>10048923
I was just giving you grief, may as well get free shipping from Amazon.
>>
>>10048919
Very nice anon!
What was the aftermarket like on those?
I can't imagine it was too cheap
>>
File: MegaLegalist-920.png (1.36 MB, 1920x1360)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
Coming back, with more leaks 'n' stuff, and Red Rod.
>>
>>10049012
another thread, another one of these
>>
>>10049006
Prime and Megatron were definitely the most expensive. Prime was £90 (though he did have the box) and I got Megatron for £75. The others were all pretty close to todays prices in terms of their size classes, which is kinda how I justified them.
>>
File: 20220918_224131.png (215 KB, 600x838)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
Now that we have Scourge I want a new Fire Convoy figure. I know in the current year™ that he'd probably just be an Inferno retool or whatever other laziness Hasbro could pull off but it's nice to dream.
>>
>>10048919
same anon, cybertron is the peak between the cheaper, bigger, electronic features but clunky armada, and the post ROTF diminishing returns movie series rabbithole
the show has such a wholesome and unique message about co-operation and teamwork it warms my heart
and aesthetically it was so ambitious nothing since has really had so much design diversity
plus the awesome UT repaints like longrack and dark scorponok
cybertron is absolute peak transformers
>>
File: 1657059743473.gif (84 KB, 155x155)
84 KB
84 KB GIF
>>10049040

>he'd probably just be an Inferno retool
That'd be really weird but I'd like to see it.
>>
>>10048652
>Due to the board being so slow, new thread gets made when we're on page 10 or image limit
Ahem.
>>10045874 is not only not at page 10 but still a long way off from even bump limit.
Delete this thread and try again later.
>>
>>10049012
Who were the other Velocittron wave 2 guys? Do we only know about the ones we've seen?
>>
>>10048770
>>10048743
Hey Gavin.
>>
>>10049084
There's a listing for a second leader, but who it is is anyone's guess.
>>
File: Sam's Club Prime.jpg (82 KB, 640x640)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>10049040
>designer uses the Sam's Club Universe figure as the deco template
>>
File: cybertronscream.png (1.46 MB, 686x925)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
>>10048919
I have no memories of playing around with any of my cybertron toys. I know I've got megatron and ultra red alert, I should probably dig them out sometime.

I do remember seeing starscream on shelves and wanting him tho, he just looked great in the box
>>
>>10049092
I won't lie I'd be down for that, there's something neat about non-standard Prime colours. Also the original is such a good toy that having the successor be the yellow version would at least give it more of a reason to exist.
My only issue being that I actually kinda like the idea Sakamoto had of making that version female, but RID Prime is like THE manliest Prime version ever, and whilst I'd love a decent figure of the design as a girl, there is no way they could share a mold without the girl version just being a man with tits or the male version being a total twink.
>>
>>10049098
He was great! He was another one I had and played with to death. It was just an oversized voyager figure tho, and recently I bought the Galaxy Force Takara version of that original voyager mould. Super excited to get him in hand
>>
>>10049103
Nice, definitely post pics if you can.
Even though I don't remember anything about them, looking back the Cybertron toys looked like a lot of fun to mess with having the Cybertron key gimmick and lights and sounds. They seem present just enough to add something extra without taking away anything like crucial articulation.
I think some of the Armada toys could be like that, unfortunately
>>
>>10048919
>Cybertron Downshift
Damn I remember when I got him in a two-pack with Cannonball. Thanks again, Mom.
>>
>>10049092
I'd be very pleased with this actually, that's a favorite prime and fire trucks do come in yellow so it's cool
>>
>>10049102
I'm that anon you replied to, and I would be down with that same recolor as an alternate deco option since the Sam's Club version was the only RID Prime that I had for a long while as a kid until I was able to cobble together a red one from various local toy shows. I like to display Yellow Fire Convoy in the full super mode as a separate character and regular red version in its base configuration. That said, I'm quite happy with the original figures. I just love that "brave" super robot physique that RiD Prime/Fire Convoy has.
>>
>>10049121
Fire Convoy/RID Prime is an amazing figure and if he had thigh swivels would be absolutely perfect (as opposed to 99% perfect). But yeah the fact that RID/Car Robots has so much Yuusha in its DNA is really cool. Makes sense given the crossover between the two lines in Japan, with characters often being redecos of older TF toys (Shadowmaru, Zasorigan etc).
>>
File: legacy checklist.png (1.51 MB, 1920x1360)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>10049021
welp, this is it so far for me :)
>>
File: check em.png (1.57 MB, 1920x1360)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>>10049021
not much that interests me outside of core class. I might just get older starscream and bludgeon figures from ebay.
>>
File: cybertron prime.gif (2.07 MB, 200x150)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB GIF
>>10049050
It really did take the best parts of Armada and ran with them. One of the greatest TF lines of all time. A rare threequel that sticks the landing.
>>
Hating on RID15 is a good indicator of maturity, plenty of inmature motherfuckers get filtered for hating it.
>>
>>10049092
>Figure of Yellow Kareinaru Convoy
I'm sold
>>
>>10049148
I reject that hypothesis on the grounds that Transformers Prime is fucking cringe and anything related to it is also infected with cringe.
>>
>>10049151
Well those that hate RID15 LOVE TFP and think it's perfect. Seriously, look at these retarded motherfuckers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QyofVnLtzChAQOnEitNQ15ifHvVZVQmV/view?usp=sharing
>>
>>10049151
Other than fujos who just like it because of Starsceam / Knockout, why do people like Prime so much? I watched it to see what the hype was about, and it just felt so bland and uninspired. Like, you can tell they were just trying to imitate Animated without understanding what made Animated good (see Ratchet and Bulkhead in particular) while also trying to copy the supposedly "darker" tone of the movies, which results in a show that tries too hard to look mature without having any actual story to speak of.
>>
>>10049050
The coolest part of Cybertron's aesthetics was how they all had that really damn chunky "futuristic 2000s" look. With some figures the only improvement I could imagine them needing would've been posable hands, and that's it.
>>
>>10049159
I don't know, fuckers act like it's the perfect portrayal of Optimus and Megatron when it's just Optimus being blank and reduced to giving speeches and infodumping while Megatron is a junkie for one season and alternating between acting erratic, doing jackshit or being generic evil.
>>
>>10049151
I didn't understand the charm of Prime, besides drone-altmode Soundwave, Vehicons and that zombie Cliffjumper being cool.
>Weird nothing aesthetic a la late IDW or these 3P figures that cost $500 and crumble if you look at them funny, plus faces that look straight out of a weird fujo doujin
>Plenty of characters that felt like they let /co/ write a series (Airachnid, the shitty Sari ripoff, that guy whose main role is having a weird relationship with Arcee, "Bulkhead but not fat"...)
>The whole Prime-deities shit (like what, did some DND fan write this shit in an attempt to make the setting "epic" or something?)
>Trying to link it with the games, just why?
>That whole fiasco with the showrunners and toy designers having a war with each other and doing things just to spite the other party
>>
>>10048919
I always feel bad for those that got cucked out of their childhood toys.
>>
File: 20220920_094405.jpg (3.06 MB, 4624x2084)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB JPG
>taking photos of stuff for sale
>wanna see what he looks like holding his gun
>hear a small dink sound
Rip
>>
File: 2f0.jpg (22 KB, 600x343)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>10049172
>>
>>10049172
I'm surprised you got any movement out of it. Mine the elbows had stiffened to the point of worry, and sure enough snapped with enough push.
>>
>>10049165
>Trying to link it with the games, just why?
Well, what happened was Hasbro wanted an "aligned" Transformers universe, and the games and show were supposed to be connected, along with books and other stuff. Outside of the movies, everything was SUPPOSED to be the same universe. Of course, the showrunners and producers of Prime thought their plans were better and didn't like the idea of sharing continuity. High Moon tried to salvage the connection with Fall of Cybertron, but Prime just kept going off the rails and Hasbro had to put down the idea of an aligned continuity. Why the fuck Hasbro hired a bunch of retards that wanted to do their own thing for a project like this is anybody's guess.
>>
>>10049177
The games weren't supposed to be connected but High Moon was willing to take their G1 game and go "sure you're the boss we'll pretend it's related to whatever thing you're working on".
>>
>>10049182
Hasbro just mismanaged the fuck out of the Aligned stuff. They said "it's a shared universe, one continuity" and then just let everyone do their own thing. The only people more retarded that the guys behind Prime are the people working at Hasbro. That still holds true.
>>
>>10049177
>Of course, the showrunners and producers of Prime thought their plans were better and didn't like the idea of sharing continuity.
Which is hilarious because they totally admited they ran out of plot in Season 2 because they couldn't plan shit.
Season 3 is an improvement because they got someone to oversee the season so it had an actual structure instead of fucking winging it. That said calling the third season Beast Hunters when they could only afford to have just one Predacon feels like false advertising.

Funny thing, since the teams working on Rescue Bots and RID15 weren't a bunch of incompetent assholes uncapable of cooperating, they actually managed to crossover in their own shows and the timelines do match.
>>
>>10049159
I will concede there are a few things that I like about Prime:
>best version of Soundwave
>Miko was almost a good human character, but was ruined by bad writing. Fowler was also okay
>Megatron as a well-intentioned extremist turned evil is a neat idea
>Bulkhead is slightly less offensive if you consider the fact that he was supposed to be Ironhide [spoiler] not that it matters because Ironhide is a boring character anyway [/spoiler]
>>
File: Shadowmaru.png (266 KB, 350x700)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
Is it physically possible to create a Sixshot toy that looks this good in all modes?
>>
>>10049200
only through a 3P using the black magic of the Chinese
>>
>>10049200
Ignoring cost? Would require some parts forming if you wanted it to not be fragile as fuck.
>>
File: 1663677116947049.png (1.51 MB, 1920x1360)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>10049021
They make less and I want less
>>
>>10049192
>Miko was almost a good human character, but was ruined by bad writing.
It's a funny thing, Miko drastically improves at the end of Season 2 after Bulkhead almost dies and that carries over to Season 3.
Why is it a funny thing? For almost the first two seasons Miko acts very irresponsibly and childish. Bulkhead then goes on a mission by himself and almost dies because he is so stupid as to carry raw toxic materials with no protection. Fucker deadass rips it out of the canister, it's his own damn fault he almost dies.
So anyway, this causes Miko to mature. You'd think it would be Miko's fault and she would have accompanied Bulkhead so the guilt she feels would be justified, but no, the people running the show are that stupid.
>>
>>10049165
>The whole Prime-deities shit (like what, did some DND fan write this shit in an attempt to make the setting "epic" or something?)
The Thirteen was a concept Furman introduced around Armada/Energon, that got adapted into canon when Vector Prime arrived in Cybertron.
>>Trying to link it with the games, just why?
After having done multiverses to death with the different G1 versions, RID, UT, Animated, Bayverse, the various comics and toylines that don't fit, and TFCC comics going wild. Hasbro decided they wanted a singular vision for Transformers, which wouldn't dilute the brand. Of course, that was immediately a losing prospective, since IDW and Bayverse continued, and High Moon wanted their games to be their version of G1 (which is also what everyone wanted).
>>That whole fiasco with the showrunners and toy designers having a war with each other and doing things just to spite the other party
This, along with the Hub imploding, is where I think Transformers went to shit. As damage control, the Generations side line became the main line, the focus shifted to just redoing G1 with different gimmicks, and any interest in making a good new cartoon to create new Transformers was sidelined. Unfortunately it worked, as the brand has been pretty stagnant for the last ten or so years.
>>
>>10049172
Yeah, RIP
Who is that? I can't quite tell
>>
>>10049207
Protoform Starscream. 2007.
>>
File: 20220920_165502.jpg (1.64 MB, 3060x2708)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
>>10049111
Can confirm, They're super fun. Even the more in-your-face gimmicks, like Dropshot here, didn't really impede anything and just acted as a fun thing that the toy happens to be able to do, as opposed to the only thing it can do, which tended to be the case with most armada toys.
>>
>>10049206
>and any interest in making a good new cartoon to create new Transformers was sidelined.
RID15 was actually good, that Warden is a vindictive fucker that ignored almost all of the new characters and likely purposefully did shitty toys of the new characters that did get toys (see RID Windblade having godawful paint apps) is a different story.
Fun bit, RID15 could have gone for another season but the showrunners thought the story had ended in a satisfactory manner. Which is funny as well since almost every season of RID ended as if they feared they wouldn't get another one.
>>
File: 1663677116947049.png (1.51 MB, 1920x1360)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>10049012
Frankly I'll be glad if the line further degenerates into total basic garbage like Pointblank, I'll save a ton.
>>
File: legacylist.png (1.51 MB, 1920x1360)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>10049021
Might as well share mine
>>
>>10049218
The boy likes his bugs, not bothering with Inferno?
>>
>>10049177
>>10049205
I'd really like to see both versions of Prime season 3 over the compromise we were given.
The one the studio wanted with Thundertron and the space pirates
And the one where everyone gets new forms and fight dragons.

I will say I do adore Prime Predaking, he's so cool and handsome
>>
What are our thoughts on the Netflix's war for cybertron series?
>>
>>10049228
Terrible
>>
>>10049225
>I will say I do adore Prime Predaking, he's so cool and handsome
See we got both him and Ultra Magnus and they have a cool fight that's movie quality so I'm mostly satisfied. Also Miko got better.
>>
>>10049228
never watched it and never will
>>
>>10049222
Y'know, that might be another maybe, dunno why I missed him. I like his moving jaw in robot mode, that's not something you see too often.
>>
File: PXL_20220920_161213110.jpg (1.2 MB, 3526x2313)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
Working on some "objective markers" for Warhammer. One of them is a little suspicious.
>>
>>10049229
why?
>>
>>10049228
It's fucking hilarious that Hasbro failed so hard at this because they kept the same creatives that made Prime Wars.
Meanwhile Riot made Arcane and CD Projekt made Edgerunners and those were big enough hits that made people buy more of their products. Hasbro essentially wasted a golden opportunity to sell even more Transformers.

And if what got said is true, they were stupid enough to want to make another show with the same creatives but Netflix politely told them no.
>>
>>10049228
Excruciatingly boring. It's almost like the worst of IDW comics animated. I'd rather watch Energon again.
>>
>>10049200
I don't see how that car mode is remotely possible. Are the wings supposed to morph into the spoiler?
>>
>>10049239
>And if what got said is true, they were stupid enough to want to make another show with the same creatives but Netflix politely told them no.

There is conflicting reports about who said no to another show. Some say Hasbro declined because the quality was bad, others say Netflix shot it down.

For fuck's sake, just let Studio Trigger do a 13 or 26 episode series.
>>
>>10049245
>For fuck's sake, just let Studio Trigger do a 13 or 26 episode series.
Edgerunners is making people buy Cyberpunk! And Trigger stealth made a Transformers show already! The amount of incompetence on display is staggering!
>>
>>10049228
my problem with the show is just everyone is so bitchy and dull in it. It looks alright though.
>>
File: 1663625899484748.jpg (172 KB, 850x1200)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>10049241
At least Energon is fun and mostly harmless. Also top tier Arcee and Mika is hot.
>>
>>10049238
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSwo6qv8Xo8
>>
>>10049245
God, imagine what it would be like if Hasbro gave Trigger full creative freedom to make their own Transformers cartoon
>>
>>10049251
Why is Optimus such a pussy in this?
>>
>>10049245
>There is conflicting reports about who said no to another show. Some say Hasbro declined because the quality was bad, others say Netflix shot it down.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if DeSanto turned out to be a self-serving lying bastard. I heard the guy had a pretty big ego.
Plus Warden is gone and it is known he was the one really pushing G1 on everything and putting the focus on Generations as the main line.
>>
>>10049254
Even if it turned out to be bad it would be an entertaining watch. Kinda like the Bay movies when shit is blowing up.
>>
>>10049264
Warden did the same thing with GI Joe. Before the movies, GI Joe was just redoing the whole 80s line as modern figures. They were cool, but also boring.

Aaron Archer isn't perfect and made some stupid decisions along the way, but at least Transformers was fun under his direction.
>>
>>10049279
>Aaron Archer isn't perfect and made some stupid decisions along the way, but at least Transformers was fun under his direction.
I especially liked how Megatron looked different every time he showed up. Something I appreciate that the movies carried over.
>>
>>10049245

Can you imagine the seething that'd occur from the fanboys who tried getting their foot in the door multiple times to make actual Transformers content and Trigger through actual success just gets to make their own actual show that'll be seen by a broad audience instead of just their friends on AllSpark?
>>
>>10049245
I wish Takara in general had more power over the franchise.
In the 40ish years since its inception, Hasbro and western creatives just never embraced or even understood the /m/ roots of the franchise.
>>
>>10049293
Considering those Allspark guys are lowkey hated by Hasbro, the seething would be amusing.
>>
>>10049282
Yeah, I had no problems picking up Megatron every year during that time, because each Megatron was distinctive and new.

>>10049299
I think Hasbro became overconfident after the success of the Bay movies. They seemed to think they know what's best for the brand.
>>
>>10049299
>I wish Takara in general had more power over the franchise.
Every single time they get full creative control we end up with Brave. The exceptions being Headmasters and Masterforce because Brave didn't even exist and Masterforce is halfway Super Sentai.
Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo are their own thing. And I love them.
>>
>>10049310
Those sweeps from Sideways are pretty neat.
>>
>>10049264
>Plus Warden is gone and it is known he was the one really pushing G1 on everything

1) Warden was't pushing soledly for G1, but for stuff that Archer refused to do. The remit that started for CHUG under Archer basically frowned on combiners and headmasters since Archer didn't think they were good ideas (ex. you could lose the head for example for the headmaster and that'd screw up the toy). The FOC Bruticus was only made after Archer had moved to Haslabs. Warden's big thing was basically going all in with CW/POTP and TR.

>and putting the focus on Generations as the main line.

2) And yet Warden has been gone for two lines and they are still laser focused on generations. The design people's focus on generations isn't because of Warden, but because they don't want to get screwed with another TFP where the toy people tried to put in the effort and got massive screwed by Prime, Hub and the political infighting with the tv people and Haslabs folks with the toyline eventually bombing and people in the tf department losing their jobs or leaving the company altogether.

After TFP, it's pretty clear they learned their lesson and have been minimally invested in the various shows and show related toylines in order to avoid another Prime type debacle.
>>
>>10049318
>TFP where the toy people tried to put in the effort and got massive screwed by Prime, Hub and the political infighting with the tv people and Haslabs folks with the toyline eventually bombing and people in the tf department losing their jobs or leaving the company altogether.

Don't know any of this.
>>
>>10049318
>And yet Warden has been gone for two lines and they are still laser focused on generations.
Ah but Earthspark is getting a lot of exposure. Unlike Cyberverse, RBA, Netflix WFC.
And first year with Mark and we got Override anyway. Warden had to get a reality check so we got Beast Wars toys made.

And lowkey maybe Archer was right about combiners.
>>
>>10049318
>The design people's focus on generations isn't because of Warden, but because they don't want to get screwed with another TFP where the toy people tried to put in the effort and got massive screwed by Prime, Hub and the political infighting with the tv people and Haslabs folks with the toyline eventually bombing and people in the tf department losing their jobs or leaving the company altogether.
>After TFP, it's pretty clear they learned their lesson and have been minimally invested in the various shows and show related toylines in order to avoid another Prime type debacle.
Kind of a moot point when RID15 also got their fair share of exposure and the toys did manage to sell. But you could feel the seeds sprouting from Warden screaming COMBINER WARS in the background.
>>
>>10049228
Siege is okay at best
Earthrise is boring and nothing happens
Kingdom is an insult to Beast Wars
>>
>>10049299
They do have power. Why do you think Hasbro tried to get people to be interested in Star Saber with those polls and the Haslab project? The Takara folks have influence on what stuff is getting made, but they are just one voice among many. In contrast, I think Marky Mark wants more 90s and Machine Wars stuff instead.
>>
>>10049338
Beast Wars is an insult to Beast Wars.
>>
>>10049328
I think combiners are a good idea, hell there's a reason why it's such a common mecha trope. I think the issue with Combiner Wars was that they tried making an entire line based around the Scramble City gimmick, which resulted in most of the line being retools of each other or at least sharing very similar engineering. But I think in moderation, it's not a bad idea.

Also, I'd like to see something like the Optimus/Jetfire/Overload combiner from Armada where the toys can interact in vehicle mode too. That was a really cool gimmick.
>>
>>10049332
I love the RID15 Decepticons such as Filch, Glowstrike and Shadelock, but since none of the gewunners care about that show, none of them of them are ever going to get decent toys.
>>
>>10049347
>But I think in moderation, it's not a bad idea.
>Also, I'd like to see something like the Optimus/Jetfire/Overload combiner from Armada where the toys can interact in vehicle mode too. That was a really cool gimmick.
Yeah that's what I think, and after Archer we basically lost that combining component so prevalent during the UT. Even Animated had Safeguard.
>>
>>10049341
It's an insult to the rest of Transformers, in that it's insulting how no other media has ever been nearly as good.
>>
>>10049323
The Predacons were massively pushed by the toy side and whoever was in charge there really wanted to do Beastformer toys and this lead to rewrites for the last season.
>>
>>10049349
Filch is so easy to make, just retool Airazor. Shadelock is a modified Vehicon so making him wouldn't be hard either. Glowstrike...maybe if we get more bugs, she had a cool design. Yeah I get you.
>>
File: 166278558660857463.jpg (44 KB, 600x486)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>10048883
Same energy
>>
File: BHtoy-Blight.jpg (126 KB, 863x886)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>10049358
The toys were pretty sweet atleast.
>>
>>10049354
It was terrible. Only good thing it ever did was give us Beast Machines.
>>
>>10049371
>actually believing this
Lol. Tho I concede the Vehicons are pretty damn cool.
>>
>>10049354
*high five*
>>
>>10049375
Beast Machines isn't all that bad, in retrospect. The plot is pretty good, initially seeming about being nature versus industry before becoming that extremism is the real evil. The animation is great, as good if not better than Prime.

Of course, it also made some bad decisions, like ignoring most if the characterization from BW, having aggressively ugly Maximal designs, and Fox trying to handle it like a syndicated show which made its plot indecipherable for a Saturday morning cartoon.

But BM is a far better cartoon than Netflix or Machina Wars.
>>
>>10049371
BW is massively overrated. Only half of season 1 and all of season 2 are good. After Agenda, the show basically stalls since Larry and Bob had wanted them to get them off the planet and back to Cybertron to show the effects of the time storm.
>>
>>10049367
I still have one of every Predacon mold from that line, lazerback, skystalker, ripclaw, all radical.
>>
>>10049404
>But BM is a far better cartoon than Netflix or Machina Wars.
Yes. And somebody thought that passed quality control. Those shows combined are six seasons. Fucking...how.
>>
>>10049409
>Beast Wars Time Storm
>next show in Japan is Car Robots
aaaaaaa it would have all made sense.

>>10049411
Ripclaw is a sexy dragon lady who needs more exposure.
>>
>>10049409
>BW is massively overrated.
In your opinion, which is fine.
>>
>>10049340
>Why do you think Hasbro tried to get people to be interested in Star Saber with those polls and the Haslab project?
Honestly, I think it's coming from the weebs at Hasbro than it comes from Takara themselves. The core geewunner fandom always had a kind of fascination with the JG1 stuff, the only question was whether the more casual fans would be interested in buying it too.
>I think Marky Mark wants more 90s and Machine Wars stuff instead.
Mark has claimed to be a JG1 fan too.
>>
File: current tf list.png (1.57 MB, 1920x1360)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>>10049012
There's a lot of stuff I gotta see before I want it, but I'm excited to see what shadowstriker and strongarm look like, as long as they're not just arcee remolds.
>>
File: 71NziBDyXFL._AA1100_.jpg (134 KB, 1100x1100)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>10049417
I liked Ripclaw but I like the repaint better
>>
>>10049427
They really shouldn't fuck up Strongarm because she has plenty of repaint and even retool potential and should be her own mold.
Just repaints.
-Strongarm
-Patrol Strongarm (black deco, could be reused for a new character)
-SG Strongarm
-Gregevor
-Retrofit
-Nightra
>>
>>10049427
If Shadow Striker gets her own mold, aside from the obvious Roulette retool, the mold on her own but with a new head could work to make Quickshadow.
>>
>>10049437
Who the fuck are any of these suggestions for redecos? I'm getting too old for this shit
>>
>>10049347
Archer's big hate boner for combiners was the fact that 99% of the G1 combiners are unique molds and he flat out refused to spend money on new unique molds unless they could be retooled and repainted as other characters.

It's one of the chief reasons Combiner Wars/Power of the Prime ended up retooling half the molds as G1 series one-two characters like they did and why the Terrorcons/Seacons/Predacons got held off until POTP and how we got stuck with Dinobots (got to make money off of the Terrorcon molds somehow!) and how come we got stuck with the garbage Elita-1/female Autobots repaints padding out POTP.
>>
>>10049443
-Patrol Strongarm is Strongarm in black with blue and white accents.
-Gregevor is a Japan only repaint of Strongarm based on Rollbar from Robots in Disguise 01 who was a redeco of G1 Swindle.
-Retrofit is a Decepticon that shares Strongarm's bodytype and appears in a panel of the RID15 comic. Strongarm disguises herself as her.
-Nightra is Strongarm's evil former friend from the Academy. She is very pink.
>>
>>10049427
I said it before but I wouldn't be upset if Strongarm was retooled from the Brawn that also leaked.
>>
File: vqh90coewn461.png (990 KB, 640x853)
990 KB
990 KB PNG
>>10049451
Elita 1 is hot as fuck, tho.
>>
>>10049431
Nice!
>>
>>10049451
>Archer's big hate boner for combiners was the fact that 99% of the G1 combiners are unique molds and he flat out refused to spend money on new unique molds unless they could be retooled and repainted as other characters.
Wrong? Archer had no problems with unique molds. I think it's what the other anon said, if you loose the head or hand of a combiner, you have a gimped toy and Archer was trying to avoid that.

>It's one of the chief reasons Combiner Wars/Power of the Prime ended up retooling half the molds as G1 series one-two characters like they did
That was under Warden's direction, nothing to do with Archer.
>>
File: Shadow_Striker_art.jpg (40 KB, 300x434)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>10049427
Am I the only one who wants the original Shadow Striker instead of the Cyberverse version?
>>
>>10049485
If I recall correctly that had to do with Energon. Either 2 combiners with 5 unique molds or 3 combiners with 3 unique molds. And honestly I can't fault Archer for that.
>>
>>10049490
I finally got around to picking up that two pack. I really like the twins.
>>
>>10049490
with the propensity of toy redecos and retools you will get your wish either way
>>
>>10049491
Yeah, the redecos from Energon was more of a way to squeeze more figures out of the budget.

Combiner Wars was just lazy.
>>
>>10049497
Redecos are awesome. The original Universe was fantastic.
>>
>>10049500
Fun trivia: if you want any two updated G1 combiners from Combiner Wars you are guaranteed to double dip on at least one mold no matter which two teams you pick.
>>
>>10049507
I'm gonna get that Gweninator one of these days.
>>
>>10049532
what if i want devastator
>>
>>10049551
Then someone on /toy/ will reeeeee at you for hating Scramble gimmicks.
>>
>>10049532
Even Devastator and say, Predaking or Piranhacon?
>>
Studio Series Sideways shipped, secured. Stable, sans standing. Shall service shoe structure support soon. Still, satisfactory.
>>
>>10049575
stop sucking shit
>>
>>10049574
>Piranhacon
Skalor, Nautilator, and Overbite are retools of each other.
>>
>>10049417
>Ripclaw is a sexy dragon lady who needs more exposure.
yea, pretty much. [spoiler]mad-project is the only good shit i've seen of her[/spoiler]
>>
>>10049594
I'd honestly commission mad-project but I'm too broke from buying Transformers toys, please understand
>>
>>10049367
>>10049431
I find it funny the legends class figures got to try interesting transformations while any full size dragon was "stand up, switch heads".
>>
>>10049437
>They really shouldn't fuck up Strongarm because she has plenty of repaint and even retool potential and should be her own mold.
Just repaints.
I hope so. She's got a fun design and is very cute.
>>10049464
I want to wait and see how that mold turns out honestly, it's too early to make conclusions.
>>10049442
>>10049490
I was kind of assuming it'd be the original at first, I forgot the cyberverse one existed.
>>
>>10049467
I don't care what anyone says, the Prime wars mold of her actually works pretty well. Musclegirl robot, good shit. I'd get the current Elita-1, but she's getting retooled as Minerva, o it feels like a bit of a waste to gun for both of them instead of just getting the mold once.
>>10049598
Same. Mad-project seems cool and is one of the better sources of good TF girls. I think the dude has been struggling with some family stuff recently though, which sucks.
>>
>>10049507
>BM Blackarachnia mold
>RAZORCLAW
>The Waspinator Botcon redecos
Absolutely supreme taste anon. Man, I wish Razorclaw wasn't so fucking rare and expensive over here, he's so cool. Then again Universe '03 barely released in the UK.
>>
>>10049245
God imagine Trigger being given the rights to transformers and they finally make the complete Transformers Zone series.
>>
File: FQQxJ3EXMAIDlEA.jpg (852 KB, 2000x2000)
852 KB
852 KB JPG
>>10049427
>as long as they're not just arcee remolds.

Shadowstriker will be an Elita-1 remold instead!
>>
>>10049690
>complete Transformers Zone
fucking get JAM Project while we are at it
>>
File: CainAkiraBlush.jpg (35 KB, 537x416)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>10049690
Be still my beating heart.

I know they're not Zone, but I'd love to see Star Convoy and Ultra/Super Megatron be finally animated, especially by a team as talented as them.
>>
>>10048968
as soon as anyone else puts him up though for less total money, it's happening. then i'll find out what happens when you have an amazon order where they let you include a pre-order as part of the free shipping qualifier and then cancel that half later.. technically scamming them for free shipping on a smaller order.
>>
>>10048811
>>10048885

Now that would be a great idea! a scary roach transformer toy.
>>
>>10049070
not that inferno roffle
>>10049092
actually this works
>>
>>10049708
Huh, well let us know if it works. Sounds plausible on paper etleast.
>>
>>10049467
This guy gets it atleast. I don't have the one on the left.
>>10049609
I'd probably get both IF I find Minerva but I'll definitely get elita. I'm building a small faction of similar looking lady bots to rule the world in my head.
>>
>>10049467
They're both rubbish as Elita, Give them new heads and different colours and have them be new characters and then maybe I'll be interested.
>>
>>10049726
>have them be new characters
Elita-2 and Elita-3.
>>
>>10049728
Works for me, just as long as they aren't Prime's GF.

Could be a thing like Movie Elita, where her, Arcee, and Chromia were all mentally connected, It'd be her version of Primes trailer and Roller.
>>
>>10049245

They won't. Not only do they have to work though their Takara interlocutors, they apparently don't understand how to work the system in Japan in that the directors on paper have final say over the product and that they have virtually no say on paper (we all know from super sentai/kamen rider that bandai has a lot of say). This is something that Archer has said before that the way it works, he couldn't exercise much in the way of control over the UT animes because of how it's set up and thus funding an anime that would be a cornerstore of a broader global franchise didn't work for him and Hasbro.

And Archer wasn't working by phone or email, he was physically in Japan in the Takara designer offices when they were doing the initial prep/designs for Armada together.
>>
>>10049735
UT was selling a product, this could just be its own thing if it were to happen.
>>
>>10049735
>>10049739
And Armada sold like hotcakes, Energon could have sold better but was fuck hard by distribution and Cybertron was the pinnacle of soul so...
Yes, definitely, better than whatever that attempt on Netflix was.
>>
>>10049739
Hah
You're funny, anon
>>
>>10049282
>I especially liked how Megatron looked different every time he showed up
I think in irony that happened because his alt mode was always in limbo because they couldn't go with a gun.

>Optimus Prime non controversial alt mode

Armada- Red Monster Truck
Energon- Red Semi Truck
Cybertron- Red Semi Fire truck
Animated- Red Fire Truck
Prime- Red Semi Truck

>Megatron banned alt mode

Armada- Green H-Tank
Energon- off white Spaceship
Cybertron- multi colored Batmobile/Spaceship
Animated- Grey VTOL
Prime- Grey Spaceship

Say G1 was just a grey Tank we would just be suffering what we are now and getting 9 version of a grey tank.
>>
>>10049735
>he couldn't exercise much in the way of control

I mean they couldn't do that for fucking prime either.
Maybe its incompetence on all parties parts.
Even people in takara had a hard time with the animation studios.
Also animated was well animated in japan and that seemed to have a pretty fucking tight ship.
Its just depends on who is running it.
>>
>>10049690
>>10049699
>>10049703
>complete Zone
Why? We have enough fujoshit in this franchise.
>>
>>10049756
iirc the G2 Megs was made as an answer to the inability to make him a gun.
>>
>>10049768
Even with shows that went swimmingly like Rescue Bots and Robots in Disguise, they still rebelled a little and to the shows favor, tho.
>>
File: dai_atlas.jpg (64 KB, 438x600)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>10049774
It's be neat, though they could do whatever and I'd probably still love it way more than the current output.
>>
>>
>>10049299
The problem is takara generally makes the cartoon basic kids anime, not more elaborate /m/ stuff. They’ve had a ton of chances and squander them
>>
>>10049777
I have to admit, I liked the visual design of Dai Atlas and the Decepticon generals but I would rather Studio Trigger be given free rein
>>
File: 1612199713652.jpg (242 KB, 1217x1000)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>10049782
Yeah it'd be best to not constrain them.

Goddamn do I hate how tediously dull modern day corporations are, fuck all risk taking.
>>
I think the Transformers brand has stagnated in general, it's approaching 40 and it's been stuck in a rut for at least a quarter of that. It's like a music artist that is just repeating their greatest hits. It might be time to move on. The problem is that a new mecha franchise like it would be immediately murdered in the cradle by a variety of factors. One of which being Hasbro strangling it by absorbing more shelf space or finding a way to make the creators endure legal hell. Toy boomers like me will probably have a mild interest from afar at best. If any toys make it out they will be overpriced, quickly preventing it from reaching the hands of kids, which should be the core audience. Or the toys would be Cyberverse-tier slop. Not to mention all the networks and FCC garbage to wade through. Wish I wasn't such a doomer about this. When it comes to mecha in the US, Transformers is essentially the only game in town. If only a Brave type franchise was able to thrive here.
>>
>>10049805
>It's like a music artist that is just repeating their greatest hits.
Well the primary audience is kids, and they have what, maybe a 5-10 year window where Hasbro targets them? I guess their viewpoint is no need to reinvent the wheel when there's always a fresh batch of youngsters on the way who will be impressed by the same old wheel. Though as you say, times have changed. I grew up reliably having a Transformers show to watch, and toy stores I could go to with stacked shelves. The amount of media they have to compete with now is absurd.
>>
>>10049739
>this could just be its own thing if it were to happen.

Hasbro is a toy company. If they are funding an anime, their bosses are going to be demanding what's the benefit if there's no toyline to recuperate the costs or how it fits in their larger corporate and franchise agenda.
>>
>>10049778
This makes me want SRC Galaxy Convoy
>>
>>10049805
I'm sure that was a feeling in the mid 90s when G1 ended and G2 floundered. Eventually someone will take a risk (like Beast Wars, Armada, and Bayverse) and do something good with the brand.

Listening to the Archer podcasts, he sort of talks about the different attitude of Kenner vs Hasbro. Kenner was more about the play, the telling of stories through toys. Hasbro is more about accurate presentation of characters, starting with Star Wars back in episode 1. Lucasfilm didn't really want toys but accurate depictions. Fast forward to Marvel Legends, SW Black, and the current WFC/Legacy stuff of trying to make accurate versions of characters we know.

Eventually someone is going to try and make toys again.
>>
>>10049817
Don't forget the time Goldner went full retard and the original plan of Prime was to exist without a toyline.

Goddamn, did they make a lot of stupid decisions with Prime.
>>
>>10049819
>Kenner was more about the play, the telling of stories through toys. Hasbro is more about accurate presentation of characters
Based Hasbro understanding what a kid wants.
>>
File: DXiBc6nVAAE5X7I.jpg (298 KB, 1530x2048)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>
>>10049819
Back then the franchise and the fandom was more decentralized. UK/Euros did their thing, Japan did theirs and America did its and you had all sorts of bootleg shit in the periphery from Korea/China. Thus in turn bred variety and innovation, you had the G1 cartoon, the marvel comic, the very successful uk comic, jg1, etc but right now because of how centralized everything is, you don't have that anymore. In Japan, TF as a significant retail franchise pretty much has collapsed since Prime bombed there. The centralization by Hasbro corporate has only bred ossification and sameness and decay.
>>
>>10049840
Nice Retrax.
>>
>>10049805
not the first time it's happen to the brand, if it dies it will be by mishandling
>>
>>10049852
Let's hope its luck doesn't run out because we've had plenty of close calls and it got saved every single time. G2 got saved by Beast Wars. Beast Machines got saved by Robots in Disguise 2001. Prime got saved by Combiner Wars and Robots in Disguise 2015. The Last Knight got saved by Bumblebee.
>>
File: 1478692550373.png (141 KB, 290x290)
141 KB
141 KB PNG
Is there any particular reason for all this doomposting or are you guys just mad about Legacy again?
>>
>>10049819
To be fair, Hasbro is *trying* to make toys, they're just doing a shit job at it. Cyberverse in particular had a huge issue of gimmicks that either don't work half the time or take up so much of the engineering that it makes Armada look like Masterpiece. Also, there's no longer a central line containing all the characters like there used to be in older lines, so there's no guarantee you'll be able to get all of your favorite characters in a form where they can interact like in the show.

I think the franchise also needs to bring in a new creative team with less corporate oversight. Cyberverse in particular felt very uninspired to me, at least going by the first season. No real story, just rehashing existing media using the evergreen designs, which themselves are just rehashed G1 designs. I think part of why Beast Wars and the Bay films worked so well is because they were such different takes on the franchise compared to what came before.
>>
>>10049821
>Don't forget the time Goldner went full retard and the original plan of Prime was to exist without a toyline.
The rollout of the Prime toyline was always strange to me with the whole limited "First Edition" line. Not being able to get the First Edition figures I wanted completely turned me off the Robots in Disguise subline.
>>
>>10049164
i've never heard anyone praise Prime optimus. he was completely wooden, a total non-character. it was tragic hearing Cullen directed that way, especially after the movies showed us he can take that character in crazy fun directions

but megatron? absolute best. fantastic hearing Welker showing HIS range, especially after he was rejected for the movies for not sounding badass enough. it's like here, is this enough for you? and his ending, holy shit good ending.
>>
>>10049172
fuck, GPS has not left us alone has it. I thought that was done by then.
>>
File: didyoubringcheetos.jpg (131 KB, 708x533)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>10049872
I think anons are just worried about their favorite franchise of bitchin' sweet transforming robots falling into stagnancy and irrelevancy.
I won't lie, I'm starting to think the whole Car Robots into Universe era was a peak.
>Reuses molds from all eras of the franchise
>Includes new molds and decos based on whatever looks cool
>Had guys with decent articulation as well as some that had toyetic missile-shooting action and whatnot
Had a little bit of everything for everyone.
>Legacy
>All pose and articulation, alienating people who like air pump missiles and electronics
>Immediate QC issues
>Really awful gaps and feet on some figures
Yeah, I see why people are mad and I have a lot of the recent line stuff. Just because I'm enjoying things doesn't mean I can't see why people might be frustrated.
>>
>>10049883
Same. I'm only now collecting Prime because Breakdown got released and APC is remaking several of the figures and some other company did Bulkhead. Other than Breakdown and Megatron, Hasbro is seeing none of that money.
>>
>>10049872
I mean the world economy is kind of in a shit place and toys are kind of falling off in general.
>>
>>10049205
miko's irresponsibility is WHY she's a good character. she sends the message that girls are not perfect, they are flighty and often dumb as a bag of hammers, and need to be brought into line.
>>
>>10049885
watch the video I posted here. This is what these retards actually believe and it's sad.
>>10049157
>>
>>10049891
>and need to be brought into line.
Except she never got brought into line. She saw Bulkhead almost kill himself, which she doesn't know it was his own fault btw, she blames Hardshell, same with Wheeljack. And that was enough.
>>
>>10049887
what toy is that? Because Legends Blackarachnia has GPS, mine suffered it while still in package.
>>
>>10049888
It's funny, I came back to Transformers a couple months ago and got into this line and it's been a fucking mess. That being said, some stuff has been genuinely great, I think the Studio Series Dinobots are the best molds released.
>>
>>10049887
Anon that toy was 15 years old.
>>
>>10049234
i think we can all agree the head is the best part of that figure
>>
>>10049244
a spoiler shaped like those wings would be good and a good compromise.
>>
>>10049251
is this some kind of sick joke
there must be a million people out there who could do an optimus prime impression and work for cheap
>>
>>10049904
Oh boy, wait till you hear the voice they gave beast Megatron.
I've seen stop motion videos on youtube with better David Kaye impressions.
>>
>>10049367
ssssort of. they were really creative, they were out there, but they had limited articulation and often really dumb transformations. A ton of them I just wanted to see at a larger size with more separate pieces..
>>
>>10049404
I think it's telling that, while almost nobody wants to consider BM canon to BW, they always do want to work SOME part of it in. it's like dragon ball GT, we want to see the 'real version' of it, done by the actual creators that did the parts we like.
>>
>>10049916
>A ton of them I just wanted to see at a larger size with more separate pieces..

>Hasbro upscales some of the Predacons that combine
>upfront says no intention to release the full team and combiner parts removed
fucking why
>>
>>10049919
Botanica, the Vehicons, honestly that's nice about Transformers even in shit we find gold.
>>
>>10049507
covetable.
>>
>>10049788
It's like someone taught them that business is a game where you start with a certain amount of money, then try to make it decrease as slowly as possible
>>
>>10049825
i want both. the latter should not get in the way of the former.
>>10049840
interesting they pronounce neo properly
>>
>>10049898
The ss86 stuff has been cool imo, maybe jazz could've been better but I like it, rodimus too but I may get that legacy version. I've only got two legacy figures so far but I like them. Velocitron crasher and clamp down look swell too. This is all said by a casual fan so, yeah.
>>
File: somearejustjerks.png (1006 KB, 930x667)
1006 KB
1006 KB PNG
Anyone have experience with KO masterpiece items? I'm considering picking up the KO Optimus Primal, since it's about half the price of the cheapest legitimate copy I can find.

I'm not a big collector by any means, and I can excuse minor imperfections (to this point, my legitimate MP Soundwave actually came with a bit of fucked up paint application). Would you guys recommend picking up a KO or do they feel distinctly "off" or cheap relative to the real deal?
>>
>>10049919
I want to consider BM canon. It's the only redeemable part of BW.
>>
>>10049942
>It's the only redeemable part of BW
I'm afraid that's cringe.
>>
>>10049821
as dumb as that is, it fits into the "aligned continuity" nonsense.. the idea that any toys could stand in for Prime toys.
>>
>>10049919
Well, people like the new characters (except Nightscream I guess) but saying people want a "good version" of Beast Machines might be a bit too generous. The very core idea of BM sucks.
I mean, it's also pretty telling that new versions of BM OCs have almost nothing in common with the originals beyond designs, like how Strika and Obsidian are almost always Decepticons except for that FunPub G2 comic.
>>
>>10049894
>Except she never got brought into line.
didn't say she did. it's enough that she NEEDED to be. she's the result of modern day permissive parenting, and I think that's pretty swell a thing to include.
I feel like maybe you didn't live in the 90s, when TV was really trying to push the 'just depict problems as they are, no message included' but bluenosed idiots consistently assumed any depiction is support, and acted like simpsons, beavis and butt-head, etc were causing the downfall of humanity, rather than merely recording it.
>>
>>10049899
still
>>10049896
god damn really?? so it's.. still with us as late as 2015. i was told we'd fixed it.
>>
>>10049923
what is it about the vehicons you enjoyed?
>>
>>10049954
No anon, you don't understand, she had character development but it didn't make sense how she got character development. I don't really give a rat's ass if she became more responsible or not, I only wanted her to become less annoying and likeable, I got that, but it didn't make sense, still a win.
>>
>>10049159
It was zoomer's first transformers show. That's why it has the following with the leddit crowd.
>>
>>10049939
>minor imperfections
as you pointed out yeah even legit ones have that
>distinctly off or cheap
I don't own any, but i've seen enough reviews to know that breakage is just about guaranteed. they simply don't use nearly as good quality plastic. It's sad because they often do actually IMPROVE the toy they copy, like Dinobot getting new ass flaps
>>
>>10049951
I still want a good version of nightscream! He was lame, but I want a cool sonic-weapon bat guy
>the core idea sucks
it had several conflicting core ideas, and several of them sucked, but some of the ideas were okay.
>>
>>10049956
I liked that they transformed into cool vehicles that looked like they had the sole purpose of being enforcers. Kinda like a toyetic Skynet.
Strika and Tankor are my favs but I wish Blastcharge made it to the show since it looks pretty badass.
>>
>>10049957
hmm okay, I can understand that. unearned revelations are very unsatisfying

in any case, she's cute. I would have dated her and calmed her ass down if I were Jack. Deep down all she really wants is a firm hand to keep her in line.
>>
>>10049960
And given how toxic they get with RID15 it's fair to say that zoomers are retarded.
>>
>>10049965
>attackvehicles as altmodes
you know what, I agree. very cool.
I just couldn't find them appealing because they were the mech equivalents of all the laziest beastformers who just ... stand up. the 'robot mode' was usually just still a vague bundle of deathmachine shapes with some arms but never legs.. and what passes for a 'head' was also visible in the 'vehicle' mode, or else some different weird vague 'head' was, and in either case blech.
>>
>>10049919
I consider it canon and I think it bookends nicely with Rebirth and the culmination of the idea of transformers incorporating organic elements into their structures.

BM really deserved a sequel show to expand on the idea of a new techno-organic Cybertron and techno-organic Cybertronians.
>>
>>10049968
You know if you use that word, you are one, right?
>>
>>10049974
Zoomer or retarded?
>>
>>10049961
Ah, gotcha. I appreciate the input. I'll probably hold out for a legit copy, then
>>
>>10049177
>Why the fuck Hasbro hired a bunch of retards that wanted to do their own thing for a project like this is anybody's guess.

Duane Capizzi had a good rep as a showrunner with Disney's Aladdin, WB's THE BATMAN, MIB and Jackie Chan Adventures. And he probably knew Margaret Loesch from doing a few Foxkids show. The problem is if you have seen his shows, they are really light on continuity and intricate serial storylines. He's not good at working in a shared universe.
>>
>>10049980
Honestly, since the binder of revelation was co-written by Kurtzman and Orci, would you really want to follow that piece of crap?
>>
>>10049970
Part of what made Universe cool was using good toys from BW and BM that might have been passed over, getting a fresh deco and sometimes a new character. I skipped a lot of BW stuff when they introduced Transmetals and Fuzors, and all of BM. Universe really let me see what I had missed.
>>
How good is the Kingdom Megatron mold?
Did the T-Wrecks version fix anything?
>>
>>10050000
nice quads, the mould is kino
>>
>>10049987
Orci and Kurtzman weren’t just the executive producers of Prime but also handled the Binder of Revelation? I thought that was an internal document that Hasbro staff worked on for the Aligned continuity which was why the Prime guys didn’t want to follow it.
>>
>>10050000
one of the few leaders that feel it's price, but it has some top heavy issues and you have to watch some parts of the soft plastic dino bits during transformation. T-Wrecks and the JP one fix nothing
>>
>>10049939
The Beast Wars MP KOS are atrociously fragile, best to avoid.
>>
>>10050000
>How good is the Kingdom Megatron mold?
Meh. Use a JP-like soft rubber overlay for the dino skin. Articulation is decent. Doesn't quite have the fun factor of the original.
>Did the T-Wrecks version fix anything?
Nope, less paint, no metallic paint so it looks worse than the original, perfect chance to use a mutant head to differentiate from Megatron so of course they didn't.
>>
>>10049805
>stuck in a rut for at least a quarter of that. It's like a music artist that is just repeating their greatest hits
I think that's only been true since 2017, and we got a lot of decent to great stuff out of TR and the WFC trilogy anyway.
>>
>>10049972
i do think transtech was destined to be better than BM
i dont mind the idea of primal becoming a Sisko-esque prophet (especially showing his initial assumptions were turbo wrong and he'd been leading everyone astray), and handing leadership to a maturing cheetor, but I think that was the only thing they did right. The idea of the previous BW characters secretly being inside these vehicons was clever enough, but the execution was poor. and full organic integration is kinda dumb. The thing is, the status quo of the beast era is already pretty new, under 4 centuries old vs the tens of millions of years prior with autobots and decepticons, so another change-up so soon is pointless. what we really wanted to see was 'what is cybertron like NOW, how did the great wars affect things, what do other transformers use the organic beast altmode tech for' etc.
>>10049975
only the first one thinks anyone would have a problem with the second one.
>>
>>10050000
The t-rex mode alone is worth it. I think it even gives the Masterpiece a run for its money. Just a shame you can't detach the tail from the arm.
>>
>>10049872
Take >>10049890 and add in that they have feed nostalgia as far as it will go for the community in the last ten years. Basically the new movie and Earth Spark have to breath in new life and demand into the brand. If one or both fails we will be entering what TMNT has been suffering the last 4 years at best, to what MOTU suffered between 2005~2019 at worse.
>>
>>10049980
That's true. The Batman was so saturday-morning-popcorn it was whiplash after BTAS, and as much as I loved the Aladdin show, it was profoundly bad on continuity, frequently contradicting itself. even when they had recurring side characters, they would act as if they have only just met, more than once. Though part of that I think is that some episodes were on ABC and some were syndicated.
>>
>>10049992
yeah i wish i hadn't missed out on that. by 2008 my money was kinda tight and I was just getting a new zoid here or there. transformers weren't on my radar and I never made it to stores to look at toy aisles because I was busy working.
>>
>>10050004
I think it's either rumored or suspected.
>>
>>10050009
at least t-wrecks was intended to use an alternate grimacing megatron head. i'd say a bigger issue with him is they fucked up the colors.
>>
>>10049177
>>10049980
It wasn't bad hires so much as too many cooks in the kitchen and no clear head chief. They needed a better structure similar to how comic book industries work in the 80s where you have a Editor-in-Chief that runs everything and watches over everything. Hasbro just assumed they all get along due to a lack of experience and the fact the last few projects everyone got along anyway.
>>
>>10050034
Guess the Japanese have a better work ethic. Even more so since Gonzo managed to do something as high quality as Cybertron with minimum boobage.
>>
File: Rawr.jpg (2.01 MB, 3840x2160)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
>>10050009
>no metallic paint
The blue paint is metallic, it's quite nice.
>>
>>10050026
Only version I picked up is the Jurassic Park two pack. Best deco, best head sculpt, best character.
>>
>>10050042
Love me a big fembot with a mouthplate and visor.
>>
>>10050015
If they hadn't turned April into black Irma they wouldn't be in this mess but alas.
>>
>>10050015
>Basically the new movie and Earth Spark have to breath in new life and demand into the brand.
There is zero chance of this happening. EarthSpark can never be the second coming of Beast Wars and Rise of the Beasts can never be the second coming of the Bayverse. The conditions just aren't there.
EarthSpark is being held hostage by Paramount+ and will be lucky if Nick doesn't cancel it after 2 seasons. How many kids will even be able see it?
RotB is a heavily delayed movie with a troubled production releasing in a movie landscape that's filled to the brim with blockbuster CGI slapfests. It'll never be 2007 again for the Transformers. If Bumblebee can't beat Aquaman, what hope does Optimus Primal have?
>>
>>10050041
jeez the tail stripes don't line up..
>>10050037
yeah we need to learn their work ethic and they need to learn that resting and preventing overwork IS one of your responsibilities, possibly the most important one.
>>10050042
i love that head but the body needed more detailing. i added some myself.
>>
>>10050009
>Doesn't quite have the fun factor of the original
As someone who currently owns both I honestly think this is an incredibly stupid statement. The only thing the original has over the KD one is the funny TMNT mouth and the water cannon in the mouth. The other arm restricts movement a ton and the general look and feel of the original is quaint and dated, but not good or more fun. If you're under 10 I could see the old one being more fun, but a considerably more posable toy with a much more interesting transformation is alot more fun imo.
>>
>>10050052
they should have done a natural sequel to Bumblebee and build up the hype from there since the franchise was so battered already after TLK. As it is, ROTB sounds like the kind of mess that brought us TLK in the first place.
>>
File: Legacy Template.png (1.5 MB, 1920x1360)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>10049012
Just spent several minutes autistically fixing all the tick boxes so they fill in nicely now.
>>
File: Legacy.png (1.5 MB, 1920x1360)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>10050064
My actual filled in list
See how much nicer that is?
>>
File: file.png (2.63 MB, 1294x1500)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB PNG
>started reading MTMTE
>Really enjoy Whirl
>cave in an pay a not so great aftermarket price for one of the few Whirl toys still hanging around
>>
>>10049955
>i was told we'd fixed it.
The thing with GPS is that it can take years and years to be apparent
>>
>>10050073
And then Whirl gets announced for legacy.
But it's okay, anon, I know how you feel
>>
>>10050073
Kind of fucked yourself there since Whirl was teased for the Wreckers line.
>>
File: 1495361240991.jpg (96 KB, 652x786)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>10050076
>>10050079
Fuck, really???? Goddammit
>>
>>10050081
Oh, I was kidding. I didn't know he was actually teased. Sorry, anon.

It's a good whirl, tho
>>
>>10050081
He's on Twin Twist's box art but no actual word yet
>>
File: file.png (437 KB, 828x999)
437 KB
437 KB PNG
>>10050082
>>10050084
I mean i didnt pay a super outrageous price for him but still, ah well at least i got a decent one on the way now

Whet im excited for is this repaint of Hotrod. By the way, apparently is walmart exclusive? Does that mean theres a chance i Can get this guy on hasbro pulse?
>>
>>10050075
yeah but I thought there was something they had actually changed, something about including glitter powder
>>
>>10050085
That means cross your fingers, anon. It probably isn't gonna be another Cosmos situation but you never know
>>
>>10050096
whats that mean?
>>
>>10050100
Cosmos is damn near impossible to find at walmart and sold out instantly on Pulse
>>
>>10050022
It was created by Aaron Archer, his friend Rik Alvarez and a few ex-Marvel people including Fabian Nicieza and possibly Andy Schmdit who was working as Haslabs post-IDW (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Binder_of_Revelation).
>>
File: G1toy_Bugly.jpg (436 KB, 1228x1656)
436 KB
436 KB JPG
Why do they hate him so?
>>
>>10049951
>>10049964
Nightscream would have worked better if they had stuck to the original idea of young female traumatized survivor TF like Newt from Aliens with Blackarachnia as her Ripley instead of angsty John Connor clone. Since Isenberg was story editor on BM, it probably would have been shades of Sari mixed in with this.

Though if Hasbro ever does Nyx as core class, the toy would be a good stand in for that character.
>>
>>10050073
Isn't the 3P MMC Whiren considered the better Whirl by most?
>>
>>10050117
oh totally.
it sucks how many characters who were intended as cute young girls or clearly would have been better that way, who got turned into bratty boys instead. Fie on that.
>>
>>10050096
Cosmos is the only one with any autistic demand, all of the other Velocitron figures have been pretty painless to find.
>>
>>10050102
damn that sucks, i hope the same doesnt happen to hot rod
>>10050118
I cant even find that toy listed anywhere, or at all
>>
>>10050134
>i hope the same doesnt happen to hot rod
I'd like to say it's less likely since he's a repaint, but you never know.

I got the initial release but I'll probably try and get this new one since it's a great figure.
>>
>>10050143
Yeah, i have 86 Studio Hot Rod as well, but he's just one of my favourites, i love the deep red of the repaint and the boost pad shins
>>
>>10050133
>>10050143
You say that but clampdown is just a repaint and went out just as fast. Cosmos isn't even a repaint but people just want a more modern one for their collection. Or just one at all if they missed the earlier ones
>>
>>10050116
Just use Skywasp
>>
File: 20220920_184302.jpg (714 KB, 4738x3554)
714 KB
714 KB JPG
Transformers Generations Titans Return Chromedome

A little brown car from that Japanese cartoon know watched or likes

I have to say that as a toy car Chromedome is dang good. He rolls super duper well, far better than his smoky clear clipped on wheels would have you believe.
And his can open up to put a little man inside.

I come down on Chromedome for being brown and tan, the lamest colours a car can be, but I gotta say the ark wraparound windshield and hits of red really work.

You can plug his guns into the car, but they only plug to the side just behind the front tire there.
I'd much prefer something on top or at least further back along the chassis

>>10050117
Nightscream as a premise is good. An outsider to the maximals that's able to be a foil to the group and start calling Optimus on his bullshit.
The character we got...
>>
>>10050105
> and possibly Andy Schmdit who was working as Haslabs post-IDW
Ah there you have it. He got fired for a reason.
>>
>>10050169
that is a cooool car
>>
>>10050169
>A little brown car from that Japanese cartoon know watched or likes
>I come down on Chromedome for being brown and tan, the lamest colours a car can be
transformers racism
you hate to see it
>>
File: 20220920_190424.jpg (545 KB, 1303x1600)
545 KB
545 KB JPG
>>10050169
It's so strange that this is a CW Stunticon retool.
Like, it doesn't look like it but if you pick it up to handle it you'd be able to see the DNA.
It's like saying birds come from dinosaurs, seems wild but it's true.

After all that evolution Chromedome walks away looking far better than his CW predecessors. It is kind of brilliant to use the real estate from the comboner peg for the driver seat
The only thing I can really gripe about this robot mode are that his arms are kind of short.
Other than that I think he's painted and proportioned well. Good hand feel too. Just nice to hold.

I don't really know if this is the G1 head or the IDW. It might be a hybrid of both
>>
>>10050205
I still don't think this guy's as good as Hardhead, but damn if he ain't great. It's really a shame he's saddled with the dumb seat-gun and a stick instead of proper weapons.
>>
>>10050205
It's the IDW head. Warden was trying to do all the main MTMTE guys:
Chromedome
Brainstorm
Whirl
Ultra Magnus
Rung
Swerve
Tailgate
First Aid
Nautica
Skids
Rewind

They even had an alternate head IDW head planned for the Titans Deluxe Rodimus.
>>
>>10050205
I don't like how the wheels on his backpack sit almost at his armpits. They collide with his arms far often when I try to pose him.
>>
>>10050223
And Rodimus, the headmaster body has a lot of IDW design cues. Don't know if I'd preffer they used the early commercial headmasters heads over the IDW designs (they have the same charm as the powerdasher heads), but at least they didn't used the rebirth heads.
>>
>>10050005
Is there a fix to the top heaviness issue?

>>10050014
Maybe I could fix that. Maybe.

>>10050116
>master at a martial art that lets him control the electricity running through him and others
Too strong.
>>
File: 20220920_192923.jpg (588 KB, 1397x1600)
588 KB
588 KB JPG
>>10050205
Chromedome's supposed to be like a big nerd, right?
Well his toy at least has good action guy poses.

He gots ball jointed shoulders that are also on a hinge. Biceps swivels and elbow hinges.
Neck is ball jointed and the waist swivels which is nice.
Hips are ball ball jointed and the knees bend to 90 degrees. For a second I thought there were no thigh swivels but they were just a bit tight and needed some force to move.

>>10050226
I'm finding his shoulders to be set wide enough that it isn't too much of a problem

>>10050214
Yeah Hardhead might be the best of the deluxe Headmasters, at least the Autobots. The guns are a big drag. It's hard to get them into his hands convincingly. Let alone convincingly good.
>>
>>10050233
Anything would be better than the IDW heads. Milne is not a good designer.
>>
>>10050214
Hate that HasTak didn't fixed the shitty/lack of weapons on the headmaster and clones re releases.
>>
>>10050235
>Maybe I could fix that. Maybe.
Weird thing about Megatron's arm. You have to cut off some connecting bit and remove a screw to get the tail off.
But once you do, you're left with a 5mm post (on the arm, not the tail mind you) that plugs right into the screw hole and extra posts to secure the whole thing perfectly. Almost like the tail was meant to come off at some point.
>>
>>10050169
>the lamest colours a car can be
Tons of brown cars on the mid 80s, even home electronics went for the brown/brown wood look, don't know what started it, but it lasted until the early 90s.
>>
>>10050247
>>10050241
It really is a shame because there is some fun to be had with the chair-guns, but yeah. I always wished the Legends versions came with proper guns, or at least the walmart versions.
>>
File: BQ_2Ta-CIAAjoka.jpg (75 KB, 600x870)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>10050242
Most of them aren't MIlne's designs. They were created by Nick Roche who drew the first issue of MTMTE. And Hasbro seems willing to use Rocke given Earthspark and the fact they actually paid him for a concept sketch of Sandstorm for Thrilling 30.
>>
>>10050262
My bad.
God, why do they keep hiring these hacks?
>>
>>10050253
it's sort of cozy and homey. it's just not cool.
i remember when I was a little kid and my favorite color was red, and we were shopping for a new car and I said I hoped we got a red one, and I was told 'red cars get pulled over more' it was devastating. My first real hint that the world is cruel and unfair and that happiness will never come to any of us.
>>
File: SandstormOctane_BFF.jpg (43 KB, 364x384)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>10050262
Hope we get a Cartoon Sandstorm soon, the g1 haters already got that T30 toy, its a pretty good toy but doesn't fit the new mainline aesthetic.
>>
File: 1654554558188.jpg (725 KB, 1200x1200)
725 KB
725 KB JPG
>>10050263
Roche is considered one of the best transformers artists of the entire franchise. He's created some of the best fiction made for the series. Just because you're a faggot who can't even identify what they think is cool to hate doesn't mean that guys like Roche, Guidi and Don aren't the foundation of the last 20 years of transformers toys and comics.
At least learn the names or styles of the people poorly adapting toy designs in post Dark Cybertron IDW or IDW2.
>>
>>10050293
this picture is fantastic
god why couldnt he have just cut the front of his hair and left the back long, like a man.
>>
>>10050293
Guidi and Figueroa are cool, no idea why you are putting them in the same group as R*che. It's mostly the guys that came in with IDW to shit up the series because, well, they shit up Transformers.
Funanananana was better, really, even with the proportion issues and incomplete prologue.
>>
>>10050277
Who actually cares about G1 Sandstorm though? He's a total nobody, a complete F-lister whose most notable trait was being friends with a slightly more interesting C-lister. He doesn't even have a great design and his triple changer modes (helicopter and car) are copypasted from Springer.
>>
>>10050315
Everyone who had the G1 toy, fans of helicopters and buggy TFs (we don't have many options) and people who like orange bots, one of the rarest colors on the mainline.
>>
File: 1663213199303169.gif (596 KB, 220x221)
596 KB
596 KB GIF
>>10050302
Guidi and Figueroa were exactly as involved as Roche from the beginning. Figueroa got considerably more shit than him because of his awful bayverse shit being stuffed into mainline. Every single fucker on the planet was praising LSOTW and the other shit he does. You gonna call Kei a tranny too despite being the only good artist who joined after 2015?
>>
>>10050322
>Every single fucker on the planet was praising LSOTW
Well, count me out of that because I wasn't.
>>
>>10050322
>You gonna call Kei a tranny too despite being the only good artist who joined after 2015?
NGL I love Kei Zama's art but looking at her social media and seeing how she wants her tits chopped off makes me sad.
>>
>>10050323
Well I'm sorry your taste is like that, dude.

>>10050325
If you're looking at any person in transformers on social media, you're retarded. Perez has outright stated he's been hounded behind the scenes for following the wrong people, which is probably why basically everyone good has either been reduced to writing or covers and only tumblr users are on interiors.
>>
>>10050277
The tail rotor being above his head looks so dopey, I'd love to see how they'd do it again.
Probably just simply rotate it to face backwards, but on its side it looks like a little accessory for a hat he's wearing, it's great.
also would love an Octane to go with him, I guess they could use a bit of g2 Optimus as a base for him?
>>
>>10049092
and I thought the yellowing on modern figures was bad!
>>
>>10050328
Don Figuoera is refreshingly normal to be fair. Kei Zama is legitimately deranged and acts like a basket case grooming victim.
>>
File: 1663717493599108.png (1.5 MB, 1920x1360)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>10050064
definitely going to have to wait and see on some of these figures without photos yet. I'm looking forward to a lot of them but obviously they could end up being kind of shit. Also not sure whether or not I'm gonna go in on Menasor with all the problems surrounding Motormaster.
>>
>>10050277
>new mainline aesthetic
fake parts and awful alt modes?
>>10050315
Triple changers are cool! it sucks that they only seem to remake existing characters instead of coming up with new ones that actually work with modern engineering
>>
>>10050373
>Triple changers are cool!
I agree, and T30 Sandstorm is a really cool looking toy. I just feel like there's plenty of other characters I'd rather get updates than G1 Sandstorm.
Though speaking of triple changers I always thought a version of Cyclonus that can triple change between jet (for speed and space flight) and helicopter (for stability as a gun platform) would be nice, and also a cool throwback to Armada.
>>
>>10050373
>Triple changers are cool! it sucks that they only seem to remake existing characters instead of coming up with new ones that actually work with modern engineering
I'd like a insect triple changer that goes from larval to pupa to adult robot. Can't be that hard, right? Maybe throw an egg mode in there too.
>>
Post Motormaster to make me convinced to get it
>>
>>10050379
beyond the novelty though, what would the point be? the best transformations give them something useful.. wings, wheels, fast-running legs..
>>
>>10050328
I feel for Perez he is our guy. And Milne as well but he’s very compromised due to his fame. Wish him better health.
>>
>>10050358
Kei has been through…a lot. Remember guys, stay off Twitter. Deranged terminal fujos did that to her.
>>
>>10050478
Egg form is to roll fast, like Retrax.
Larval form is to eat local resources and convert it to energon, like classic insecticons.
Pupa/chrysalis form is heavily armored and is used as an intense processing mode to make, I dunno, some other form of energon that's rare.
Adult form is for combat.
Bonus points if all the forms come from different bugs and the bot has a constant identity crisis, not knowing who he really is and dwelling on it way too much when he's processing energon for extended periods.
>>
>>10050494
>egg for rolling
okay, that's valid. i would like to see more rolling orb transformers in general. maybe wheel shapes too. could be a way for a snake or caterpillar type to move quickly. or even a squirrel, i designed a mech like that once. face plugged into tail, so it could roll.
>chrysalis form is armored
ehh the other forms will be wearing that same armor. and it sounds like this triplechanger has TWO shellformer modes, so that's gonna be even more tricky.
>mismatched species
hehe that'd be funny.. hard to really communicate visually, but funny.
>>
>>10050169
I almost bought the head master re release just because he is a brown sports car but didn't because I've got a real problem when it comes to getting tf with cool, odd color combos
>>
Velocitron manga part 2
>>
>>10050798
>>
>>10050798
>that sexy thicc bot next to Arcee in third panel
Based Sakamoto
>>
>>10050800
>blaster is the announcer
sakamoto never disappoints
god just make him the brand narrative director already
>>
>>10050800
>Clapdown using his rocket blaster as a night stick
Looks like he took some pointers from Impactor
>>
>>10050814
He basically is in Japan. You act like there is any G1 show going on right now.
>>
>>10050806
Chromia
>>10050814
Given that he isn't in the announcer's booth I think he's just in the audience
>>
>>10050819
i mean like globally
hasbro keep cheaping out with mashitima, RT and now whoever is doing godawful earthspark
we keep complaining its nothing but G1 rehashes but ironically they don't have the balls to get actual the actual G1 story universe back in the mainstream branding
also i missed the chaos on velocitron boxset in >>10050798 really neat stuff
>>
>>10050824
>but ironically they don't have the balls to get actual the actual G1 story universe back in the mainstream branding
because that cost a fortune and after Prime they are hands off. Earth Spark was Paramount's idea, Hasbro basically gave them the keys like they did Bay with the same basic rules ("Prime has to look like Prime and be a truck" "They have to transform" "they have to be from Space") If Earth Spark tanks Hasbro is only eating cost on the toy front which might be why they are (atm anyway) playing kid gloves with the toy production.

Also who gives a shit about the lore over the age of 30?
>>
>>10050798
Who's the one in Constructicon colors by Devastator's feet?
>>
>>10050882
Gravedigger. the takara repaint of the PCC guy
>>
>>10050856
>Also who gives a shit about the lore over the age of 30?
The lore is/was always bargain Walmart DVD bin-tier, even the "good" stuff like Beast Wars and Animated. I think the obsession with lore from older fans is a cope to deal with the fact that they still play with toys. The "depth" of the lore supposedly masks the more childish qualities of Transformers.
>>
>>10051000
>"good" stuff like Beast Wars and Animated
Animated has shit lore.
I bought the toys because they were amazing.
>>
>>10051000
>I think the obsession with lore from older fans is a cope to deal with the fact that they still play with toys.
Which is ironic as fuck because an adult wouldn't give a shit. It's from my childhood and it's fun. That's all I need from it. I like talking about the toys and shows but I don't need new shows or Bionicle autism tier shit. Hell I'd wager most would rather the Bay films never happened even thought that would have accelerated the fatigue/decline the brand started to suffer during Energon and Cybertron series.
>>
>>10051000
>The "depth" of the lore supposedly masks the more childish qualities of Transformers.
Do you work at Hasbro? Because this line of thinking gave us the Roosterteeth and Machinima shows that *everybody* hates.
>>
>>10051000
>even the "good" stuff like Beast Wars and Animated.
I feel like Beast Wars' greatest failing is also the thing a lot of people love it for- tying it into G1. Though I do appreciate you don't have to watch the cartoon to understand BW and just knowing "there was a G1 cartoon" is all you need, when you actually watch G1 and see how dumb it was it takes the wind out of BW's sails a little. Still a great show though.
Animated IMO is the best Western TF show we've ever gotten though. It's a show for kids, yes, but a damn good one. Like, I'd happily watch it with any children I have.
>>
>>10051028
isn't that a argument to why we should stop caring about that shit?
>>
>>10051060
Look, if it's a character I like but the toy is total shit like Airachnid or Kingdom Road Rage then I guess the lore doesn't really matter.
The only time I didn't buy a character because of lore was DotM Sentinel Prime and that's because I really like Ironhide.
>>
>>10051021
>most would rather the Bay films never happened
Maybe, but they did result in one of the best eras for Transformer toys.
>>
>>10051063
>The only time I didn't buy a character because of lore was DotM Sentinel Prime and that's because I really like Ironhide.

It had no effect on me because after the 1st film every movie was just a weird set piece with no soul in it. So Sentinel Prime was just a fun design. Also these things are just plastic toys not fetish idols.

>>10051078
Agreed and the best way to enjoy it is to not treat this shit like a religion and just enjoy everything in it.
>>
>>10051028
Some liked the Machinima trilogy or were like me and just found it ok, non offensive and they did what they could with the budget they had. Roosterteeth was just incompetence start to finish.
>>
>>10051128
>Some liked the Machinima trilogy or were like me and just found it ok, non offensive and they did what they could with the budget they had. Roosterteeth was just incompetence start to finish.
Anon, it's the same damn creatives, the budget was never the real issue. Cyberverse was *cheaper*.
>>
>>10051124
>Also these things are just plastic toys not fetish idols.
Hey not my fault fembots are notorious for getting crappy toys so those two were the first ones that came on my mind.
>>
>>10051136
>Anon, it's the same damn creatives

>Transformers: Combiner Wars
Executive producers

Chad Gutstein
Eric Calderon
F.J. DeSanto
George Krstic
Jamie Iracleanos

Producers

Yuzo Kuwahara
Toshiyuki Watanabe
Hiroshi Kumada
Micah Brooks

Running time 6–7 minutes
Production companies

Hasbro Studios
Machinima, Inc.
Tatsunoko Production

Distributor Machinima, Inc.

>Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy
Executive producers

F. J. DeSanto
Ted Biaselli
Joerg Bachmaier
Burnie Burns
Matt Hullum
Kohei Obara
Co-executive producer(s):
Gary King
George Krstic
Vincent Talenti

Animator Polygon Pictures
Running time 23–25 minutes
Production companies

Rooster Teeth Studios
Polygon Pictures
Allspark Animation (Siege)
Entertainment One (Earthrise and Kingdom)

Distributor Entertainment One (worldwide)
Takara Tomy (Japan)
Netflix

Same people tossed money at it, but different people were running the show, writers were different, directors were different, etc.

>Cyberverse was *cheaper*.
sources of the budgets?
>>
>>10051159
>sources of the budgets?
Ireland and India co-production sounds expensive to you?

>Same people tossed money at it, but different people were running the show, writers were different, directors were different, etc.
Yeah, after Season 1. The damage was already done.
>>
>>10051136
>Cyberverse was *cheaper*

and just as bad.
>>
>>10051168
so no sources on any of it?
>>
>>10051190
I do have a panel recap where Mae Catt confirms they couldn't do several things because of budget.
>>
legacy Transmetal II Megatron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFAVQyMImPk#
>>
>>10051207
Does no one care about that horribly ugly gap at the base of the neck?
>>
>>10051210
Apparently his copy is missing a piece.
Not gonna lie he looks pretty good. That dragon mode is kino and the transformation is pretty clever.
>>
>>10051211
Yeah the gap in the neck is literally my only complaint about it. Beyond that he's fantastic
>>
>>10051207
Fucking awesome, wins leader slot easily.
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (84 KB, 507x379)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>10051124
>the best way to enjoy it is to not treat this shit like a religion and just enjoy everything in it.
One of the most dangerously based things I have ever seen in these threads.
>>
>>10051000
The lore was fine in the cartoon. Pretty much the first part of Animatrix but not as grim.
It's the comics that had shit lote but for some reason won and we got the resulting Walmart DVD bargain bin tie lore we have now.

Maybe if they didn't make that episode when a monkey made Unicron.
>>
>>10051237
*shit lore but
>>
>>10051210
I'm more concerned about the dragon BODY cape in robot mode.
>>
>>10051237
>Maybe if they didn't make that episode when a monkey made Unicron.
Shit's so bad even Takara has tried to bullshit that Primus is real in the G1 cartoon.
>>
>>10051021
can't speak for everyone but I went through phases
>fucking love toys as a kid, get shit on it constantly from adults saying it's a waste of time and kids saying we're too old despite being 9
>continue to love toys as a cool teenager. nobody wanted to be anywhere near me anyway, so who cares what they think? anyway I have internet now and those people are cool
>continue to love toys as a 20s, but mostly too tired from work to enjoy them, not much money. still no interpersonal relationships. friends start to hate me as global brainwashing increases
>continue to love toys as a 30s even as my health declines from a freak medication reaction. have money because can no longer work, sponging off of charity. still no relationships, now the toys are filling a void.
>>
>>10051124
>>10051220
funny thing is, the more i learn about like ancient greek and similar religions, the less it feels like an actual faith anyone had. between the constant retcons, new stories being made within people's lifetimes, and all the collectible and expensive figurines, it feels like this is really just a fiction fandom we're misinterpreting as religion.
though some of that is because that shit is often the basis of our superhero stories
>>
>>10051302
unironically sounds like the people around you are assholes. Hope your health improves.
>>
>>10051207
he's way too small, right? like waaay too small.
>>
>>10051244
ehh it looks pretty small, more like a second smaller ponytail for his back. still would have been nice to have that split into, say, greater wing supports. or it could have folded in half..
>>10051210
>>10051211
aha, so it is a prototype problem...
>>
>>10051021
>>10051302
well if we are going into this
>love Beast Wars as a kid at age 11
>didn't give a shit about the bios and actually like the toy only guys more because I can imagine them to be however I want(example: I imagine Retrax had a Bobcat Goldthwait goofy voice and loved giving hugs)
>got to my 20s and still love the transformers toys and kept it as my hobby of buying and displaying
>in my 30s started the cycle of selling the old ones of lost interest in while buying new robots
>haven't thought about lore shit since my early 20s, just watch the shows and love the designs.
>>
>>10051315
Some have speculated they treated the gods more like we do with Holiday characters (Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc) mixed with Japaneses temple practices
>>
Saw the TM 2 Megatron review. It's almost good, if the right arm was thicker (sadly not possible like I expected) and has a more tv megatron face, I might spring for it.
>>
>>10051333
>Retrax had a Bobcat Goldthwait goofy voice and loved giving hugs
I would have enjoyed playing with you
>>10051336
yeah it's clear they weren't nearly as 'pious' as our western abrahamic traditions so that's probably why it doesn't feel religiony very often
but no huge shock there, they believed their gods didnt like them much. i wouldn't put in any effort beyond the bare minimum either if I didn't know my god loves the shit out of me.
>>10051340
i wonder how easy the head will be to remove and disassemble.. because the chinese will make us a new face and maybe some parts to fill in some gaps, for probably 20 bucks
>>
>>10051354
Shouldn't be too hard, the entire section the head is on appears to use screws. You can also tell he got the lionshare of the budget compared to other legacy leaders since screws are barely used these days, unless it's for a commander or Titan.
>>
>>10051368
Surprisingly Tarantulas is pin/screw filled but they are more on the smaller side like what the titan masters used.
>>
File: 1574298180307.png (119 KB, 215x231)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>Hasbro Pulse opening up in EU countries
>but not my EU country
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: SS_001-1.jpg (1.45 MB, 2148x1126)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>
>>10051399
I live in Mexico. Fuckers won't open one here.
>>
>>10051329
Yeah, he was missing a bit
>>
>>10051409
He left a piece out!
>>
>>10051403

Remind me, this a Voyager or a Deluxe?
>>
>>10051368
well let's hope that screw and/or face isn't glued into place then
i mean i LIKE the new face, I think it looks better than megatron's.. but i'm buying this guy to fit into my "like the old days but kinda better" kingdom shelf. as it is, I guess I'll wanna separate them by season? but whatever. Put that face on Cryotek, not megatron.
you know that might actually happen. since as >>10051409 points out, the stuff we've seen so far was missing pieces, they're still doing changes. and we know they biffed up t-wrecks's head so these things just happen.

that said, that one extra panel doesn't make the neck perfect. it still looks weird... feels like it should have sunk into the body more. made it one segment shorter but let the pauldron just plug into the torso snugly.
>>
>>10051425
Voyager
>>
>>10051276
I honestly don't mind Primus as a concept; if it was an in-universe fictional legend it would be decent-ish lore. I have an issue, and a pretty big one, with it as a character that exists and is an actual god.
For starters, it's baffling to me that a bunch of atheists would establish that these alien robots based on a toy commercial are the only species in their universe with a real for a fact god that is actually real and knowable. Maybe they mean that Primus is not as great as God because he can be known but I know they don't; Primus won't tell them what to do, he is just a cool robot that transforms into a planet hence they don't mind him existing.
The other is that Cybertronians are such a weird species that it makes very little sense for them to have something like a creator god as we understand it; but then again, this is the same franchise that couldn't muster an editor to laugh in the face of >atechnogenesis and had to retcon it of all fucking things it could retcon.
>>
>>10051441
If you want to be even more upset, there's that faggot that did the Ask Vector Prime revival that said the Thirteen were actually Earth's gods across the ages.
>>
>>10051441
>it's baffling to me that a bunch of atheists would establish that these alien robots based on a toy commercial are the only species in their universe with a real for a fact god that is actually real and knowable.
havent met a lot of atheists, have you. that's literally their favorite thing. 'actually science is the real god, a physical being you can look at and prove'
cybertronians are too weird NOT to have a creator god (or engineers like quintessons, whichever). I did always find that "evolved from naturally-occurring levers and pulleys" thing hilarious though, even if it wasn't intended as satire it came off that way.
>>
Besides that, the greater mystical thing is the allspark or the matrix or whatever, it makes sense primus would just be its incarnation/avatar. something for the little robots to live on until they get big enough to travel in space.
>>10051447
haha that's some classic star trek shit. I mean I'd believe it, egyptian and greek and norse gods totally sound like some alien running a scam.
>>
>>10051403
https://www.instagram.com/p/CiyBGcruWoe/
>>
File: nose-scream.png (180 KB, 789x354)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
>>10051403
Face and nose look kinda long from certain angles. Not complaining, I just think it's funny
>>
>>10051403
>We took the paint off the sword
...could you have at least tried to put it on the legs?
>>
>>10051581
Can't, budget went towards correcting the colours on Inferno's Ant mode eyes.
>>
File: 1657570272250.jpg (85 KB, 1024x985)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>10051583
>some literal who beastie that only completionists care about gets the majority of the wave paint budget
>everyone hates it anyway
>>
>>10049365
Kek. Spot on.
>>
>>10051403
The lack of wrists is a shame but he still looks pretty fucking awesome and I absolutely want him. He was my childhood Starscream after all.
>>
>>10051590
so far the Beast and Cosmos have gotten all the love with paint and parts.
>>
>>10051403
>The wing sword looks good stored if you have a second
>You only get one
T-thanks Mark.
>>
>>10051630
wait what
they give you one red and one gray?
>>
>>10051651
By the looks of it, no. Likely not at all.
>>
>>10051651
No, just the grey one. The red is what the sword was originally supposed to be like. It's just Mark being a dumbass salesman again.
>>
>>10051651
No, the red one is the prototype sword. All Armada Starscream on the store shelves will be the grey one on the right. The colour budget for Starscream had some bits reallocated for Inferno's Ant mode eyes.
>>
File: No Minicon port.png (1.71 MB, 1080x1126)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
>>10051630
Seriously, could they not just have the Minicon port here at the very least? I doubt they could bundle Swindle in but at least have a Minicon port for backwards compatibility. We'll be getting reveals for Armada Megatron and Hot Shot soon next week or so and they'll probably upstage Starscream by having Minicon ports.
>>
File: transformers-inferno.gif (2.54 MB, 498x359)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB GIF
>10051590
>consistently one of the most entertaining predacons in the show
>only completionists care about
I get that you're upsetti spaghetti, but I'm not even going to dignify that with a (You)
>>
>>10051657
what is the context of this picture.. surely the factory did not tease us by posting both when you only get one
>>10051658
why don't they do that more often, only for good purposes instead?
>>
>>10051664
though it IS looking like a pretty bad toy. i'm keeping my original inferno on the shelf..
>>
>>10051666
Read the context here >>10051478
>>
File: aaaaaaantferno.jpg (203 KB, 448x602)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>10051670
I never got the original because I was a kid at the time and didn't have money to buy toys, so its either legacy, aftermarket prices, or make my own BW inferno
>>
>>10051664
Just ignore him, he's one of them UTfags that regularly shits up this general ranting on 'Tooners' and cries that their 'Citizen Kane' of Transformers doesn't get any love when really that should be G1.
>>
>>10051677
I like G1 but the UT mogs it hardcore,
Also I'll be real I'm hyped for Starscream, he's not perfect but he looks damn good for what he is. The lack of a minicon port does suck, but the swords will be easy enough to replace.
>>10051664
Inferno is based but I'm hoping for Antagony.
>>
I really wish I knew how to paint more than minor details. I like how Armada Starscream looks, but he needs so much paint. Shame there's no way to add a mini con port at the back ad well.
>>
>>10051672
>For those of you that were wondering, if you want to collect two swords you could untab the underarms in jetmode and place the swords as extensions to the wings.
what an ambiguous way to say 'if you buy two'
>>
>>10051697
reminds me of when people bought two AOE crosshairs so he could have double guns
>>
>>10051677
Nah bro, I don't play sides when it comes to Transformers. I like a little of everything. I just think Waspinator is the superior bugboy.
>>
>>10051741
well obviously.
>>
>>10051656
Then why not make the Star saber bigger and grander? Looks more like a star kitchen knife.
>>
>>10051630
>3P accessory makers liked this
>>
>>10051797
No idea, both swords are undersized for some reason. I imagine it was made for a deluxe to hold, like Hot Shot. I would have preffered making it big enough so it looked good for both deluxe and voyager figures.
>>
>>10051808
Yeah this just screams of getting an upgrade kit with a better starsaber and an extra wingsword
>>
>>10051630
Literally >>10051808
>>10051841

I can't wait for the Skywarp repaint and some sick 3P stuff like a bigger and more detailed Star Saber
With my luck and Hasbro's Hebrewmancy Skywarp will be some faggot 2 pack Amazon only shit
>>
>>10051887
no self-respecting jew would do this kind of shoddy work.
>>
File: IMG_20220922_005108145.jpg (1.09 MB, 4096x1940)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
Lot of shoddy butthurt going around this thread. If there's a real complaint, it should be that the face doesn't have any character compared to the OG.
>>
>>10052050
That's a very good point, the original had one hell of a smirk.
>>
File: IMG_20220922_012752637.jpg (733 KB, 4096x1940)
733 KB
733 KB JPG
Did you guys ever read that old Norse fable about how the walls of Asgard were built? Loki, after finding himself in an unsatisfactory deal, turns himself into a sexy mare in order to distract a legendary work horse, and even after accomplishing his task, disappears for several years to birth and raise his equestrian love-child.
>>
>>10052076
i want those tiny croc toys.. they are cute.
also i have not heard that, but good for him. way better parent than zeus ever was to all the horses he fucked.
>>
>>10052076
Never read it but I've heard brief iterations of the story. He specifically births Odin's eight-legged horse, Sleipnir, doesn't he?
>>
>>10052086
it's fucking weird that odin rides his nephew around
>>
File: IMG_20220922_020429865.jpg (1.17 MB, 4096x1940)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>10052086
That's exactly right, anon.
>>10052084
Most of the old gods are questionable parents by modern standards, but then again, so are we.
>>10052090
Life is pretty weird, even without magicks of the old world, isn't it?
>>
>>10052105
imagine getting a crocmegs that looks just like that toy in beast mode
>>
File: Cashmos.png (3.7 MB, 1755x983)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB PNG
>>10048750
Certainly, but while the shades do shield him from those things, they don't really help in a physical confrontation.

Not against ¢osmo$ atleast
>>
>>10052117
Oh shit. Cosmos brought *the business*.
>>
>>10052090
That horse is weird in general, being ridden by its humanoid war god uncle is pretty par for the course. Thinking about it reminded me of the transformer cryptid talk I briefly saw here from some time ago. Then that got me thinking about a line with figures that transform into prominent mythological creatures like Sleipnir, the minotaur, Medusa, or even the potential of the hydra as transforming robots would be something I'd love to get
>>10052105
Cute croc family. Really like the little albino one
>>
>>10051399
I'm with you anon, Poland also got fucked.
>>
>>10052131
minotaur and medusa... to me it seems like something mostly humanoid should be the robot mode. Then give them something crazy for the altmode.
Hydra basically writes itself! all the snaky parts can turn into limbs..
but yeah how the fuck does sleipnir run with 8 legs? He'd sound like two horses. maybe a dress would help
it's no surprise the old illustrations (and that one Gargoyles episode) just say fuckit and draw a normal horse.
>>
>>10052135
it wouldnt be poland if it wasnt getting unduly fucked
>>
File: mockingfangry cropped.png (2.07 MB, 1431x749)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB PNG
I haven't stopped thinking about this since I put Fangry in his werewolf mode, its just so dopey looking it wraps around to being great for me.

>>10052128
I woulda stuck the shades on Cosmos too but leaving them on Galvatron's head warped them a little too much, he'll just have to settle for the bling and the dough
>>
>>10052144
that is one organic head.. oh and there's fur detail on the dinky little calves too. it looks like a werewolf is wearing a robot costume.
>>
>>10052141
True, all the time is the same shitshow
>>
>>10052140
>but yeah how the fuck does sleipnir run with 8 legs?
If memory serves me well, really fucking fast. Because I guess if legs give us speed, and horses with more legs give more speed, then double that must give even more speed. Also I thought the hydra could've had a gimmick that had it's additional heads made of extra figures, maybe army builders, with their individual alt mode being a reconfigured hydra head that can function as a large serpent or a leviathan of some sort if a third unique mode would be too hard to engineer. The main figure would have at least one head, and maybe three to maintain the multiple heads trait without needing to get more figures
>>
>>10052156
making a snake turn into a robot is REALLY hard, and you wanna do it several times AND make the tail a connection point?
>could make as many heads as you want
... but, connection points.. those are kind of ... either there or not, yknow?
>>
File: Fangry1.png (2.25 MB, 1353x920)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB PNG
>>10052146
Yeah its definately not the most convincing altmode but theirs a certain charm I find. Honestly I pick him up and mess around with him pretty often despite their being a lot of other TFs on my desk.

>it looks like a werewolf is wearing a robot costume.
Probably only sees any action on Halloween. blends in pretty well with a crowd of trick-or-treaters.
simply leaving his robot mode feet and transforming his torso makes it look a little more menacing of a werewolf...man...bat thing but it still leaves a lot to be desired

>>10052140
>minotaur and medusa... to me it seems like something mostly humanoid should be the robot mode.
thats the problem with a lot of mythical creature and cryptid transformers, theyre already mostly just humanoids with animal characteristics. On the other hand theres a lot that are kinda formless. You need something recognizable like a Bunyip but thats probably not well known enough to justify making a toy of it.
>>
File: Fangry 2.png (2.28 MB, 1183x978)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB PNG
His headmaster is cool but I like headmasters in general, damn shame we'll never get the stat readout on the chests back in a proper way.

Only issue is his legs are incredibly loose which I understand is from mold degradation. Its pretty horrible, anything even slightly tipping him backwards will make him fall over.
I'm happy to work with it but if you value your poseability you probably want to stay away from this guy.

I'd also like if the wolf feet had the ability to swivel so it could act as a heel for the robot mode feet, its already perfectly placed there it just needs to not be on its side.

I still have fun with him so I'd like to hunt down the other uses of this mold, is it just Doublecross or are there others?
>>
>>10052179
very clever transformation at least.
>>
>>10052161
Hey, let a man dream. Funny enough I thought of a huge Jormangundr figure that could just transform into a comically long longship
>>
File: 948219426542.jpg (109 KB, 854x480)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
holy fucked proportions, batman
while it is a good height, it sucks
>>
>>10052188
Certainly, I enjoy flipping him back and forth between the two modes often.
On Fangry the floating feet section doesn't tab on well enough to his back but it stays there just fine. His tail too likes to separate if you fiddle with the wolf leg/hip section.
I imagine on Doublecross it's a bit more secure.
>>
>>10052199
let's be fair though, dino megatron also has kinda bad proportions compared to the show. both modes really needed a bigger t-rex head.. whereas his legs were, if anything, too long.
also this height is only good in the 'relative scale' sense.. I don't have the height chart on me, but he should have been WAY bigger by this point. if they do TM1 megatron, I guess they'll put him between the two heights here?
>>
File: 9871455461.jpg (100 KB, 854x480)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>10052203
compared to blitzwing or laser opti this is an actual leader size
i feel like he wasn't always super tall, just bulky
like optimal optimus should be taller
>>
>>10051664
Beast Wars Inferno and Tarantulas were my favorite from the show and it annoyed me they were not in the Kingdom toy line at first. Then the weird yellowing of those figures started and even now newer reports of figures from that time are discoloring/yellowing so I have since shut up about that issue.
>>
File: 2AXL7e.png (1.37 MB, 4448x364)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
>>10052230
>like optimal optimus should be taller
He is but not by much.
>>
>>10052235
To me, a full head taller is a lot, but I am surprised at how much taller he isn't.. of course he did change size on the show once so that might factor in
anyway according to this height chart, tm2 megatron's new toy is about as tall as tm1 megatron should be. regular megs, the top of his head should hit the bottom of tm2's pecs.. so yeah. I guess size classes fucked us again, but it's a gentle fucking. Not something I can really whine about hard.
also the original tm2 design really had awkward proportions, so I'm happier with this. even if it has flaws.
>>
TT expo display:
https://twitter.com/tf_pr/status/1572880887477403648?s=46&t=jIoXNDLOrQ9YnSNCKCArsA
>>
https://youtu.be/ar7vapW4XD4?list=PL3lb98kB-PsH20OQmPA-lrG0-oAmBXgdM&t=990
Maybe from armada we could get leader Fortress Maximus?
>>
>>10051403
My main problem is that his head would work better for GF/Cybertron Starscream more. This one should be more heroic or at least show accurate.
>>
File: mpg04.jpg (411 KB, 1920x1080)
411 KB
411 KB JPG
>>
>>10052241
>To me, a full head taller is a lot,
that's half a head tops
>>
>>10052323
Not buying until we have in hand reviews of the combined Raiden, and if it's sold out by then, then fuck it.
>>
>>10050073
Don't forget one of the knees is fucked.
>>
File: Motormaster 1.png (2.04 MB, 1395x780)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB PNG
>>10050463
Dont know whether I'll convince you since I'm not entirely convinced myself, but he certainly is fun to mess around with
>>
>>10050463
>>10052435
He's a nice looking figure I just don't think hes worth the full retail price for him. especially considering the issues hes been plagued with that have been discussed thoroughly.
Fortunately mine hasnt been struck with yellowing but had I known better I would've still waited for a sale. I think he already hit below $100 ozdollars recently.
>>
File: Motormaster 2.png (2.34 MB, 1396x783)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB PNG
>>10052439
dropped my pic
>>
File: Motormaster 3.png (2.23 MB, 1379x766)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
>>10050463
>>10052441
He certainly looks nice accompanied by his fellow stunticons and I look forward to completing the set, however I think I'll keep them uncombined.
As much as I like Menasor, I'd be too concerned about stressing the plastic leaving him combined. I also like them enough as individual characters.

You can see in the pic >>10052435 that one of the combiner's arm connectors on the underside of the trailer already wants to come away, and I've only combined him once. In fact I think it was already a little like that out of the box, obviously the more I combine him the more it'd want to separate.
>>
>>10052441
Every time I see that Semi grill I think it's puckering for a kiss
>>
>>10052332
That is stressful to look at
>>
File: Motormaster 4.png (2.11 MB, 1395x777)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB PNG
>>10052472
yeah aesthetically speaking the rounded edges there are unsightly but I suppose its better than scratching plastic and paint that would occur if it were straight.

>>10050463
>>10052447
Unfortunately even in robot mode Motormaster isnt without his flaws. I don't recall whether the cracked shoulder issue is on just some copies, or its something that will eventually happen on all, I just know mine currently doesnt appear to have any cracks.
What my Motormaster DOES have is an incredibly tight fitted peg when untabbing his left arm from the truck bed. I mentioned it in a previous thread and another anon said they had the same issue, so thats something else to look out for. Its not so bad now, requires alot of force but the first transformation it took an INSANE amount to finally untab it, I was very concerned about breaking the truck bed it was tabbed to.

If you dont have those issues or they dont concern you he otherwise has a great looking robot mode that is fun to pose.

unrelated but I do not enjoy transforming Wildrider one bit with all his transparent plastic
>>
File: 20220731_203937.jpg (421 KB, 1200x1263)
421 KB
421 KB JPG
>>10052474
It's stressful to transform.
>>
File: Motormaster 6.png (1.99 MB, 1389x778)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
>>10050463
>>10052494
If its true that they'll release G2 coloured Stunticons in the Velocitron line I'd be keen to see if they tweak Motormaster to fix some of the issues he's got. If so I wouldn't have any problems displaying them all together as G2 Menasor or whatever name they give him.

I sincerely hope thats the plan as it'd just be nice to see and I'm sure they love simple rereleases.
>>
File: G1Soundblaster_toy.jpg (136 KB, 924x659)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
What Core figures were leaked through next year?
>>
File: Motormaster 5.png (1.8 MB, 1210x780)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
>>10050463
>>10052506
always liked the idea of Motormaster as an in-your-face brawler. I even find the sword to be a bit much for him(even though its really Menasor's).
I could see him with a simple chain or brass knuckles, his hands already kinda look like theyre molded with them

You should give Motormaster's theme a listen if you haven't, its great along with the rest of Devastations's OST
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y12WzCtpxtI
>>
File: Motormaster 7.png (2.26 MB, 1392x785)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB PNG
>>10050463
>>10052514
Overall just too many issues to justify the full retail price, if you must have him wait for a sale and ensure you get one of the non-yellowed ones if you can.
>>
>>10048919
Dropshot is a cool motherfucker, I received him one year as an unexpected gift and I've loved the shit out of him ever since, the guy is positively laden with built-in weapons.
>>
>>10052518
>I'm sure to win because my speed is superior

and thats all i got on Motormaster
>>
>>10052507
>>10048652
>>
>>10048770
they gave the back of that beetle too much of a delicious brown colour, combined with that pattern it looks like a peanut shell
>>
>>10052496
I'm worried it'll explode at any second.
>>
>>10052524
Who is Skar?
>>
File: Doubledealer.jpg (1.54 MB, 2560x1966)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
>>10052588
Skar my balls lmao got em
No, you're alright.. I'm absolutely confused what's happening with the cassette bots
>re-release siege Soundwave, to the cheers of no one
>Blaster's with fragile Eject
>which doesn't even match with core Rumble for humanoid bot molds
>unlikely they'll get to Steeljaw and Ramhorn, again
>hey here's some neat cassettes you weren't expecting (like the combiners?), hope you bought walmart Soundwave or legacy Blaster years ago, because you can't get them now!
I hate hasbro more than I hate me
>>
>>10052595
Hasbro hates us more than we can hate ourselves sometimes. There's just no winning sometimes I guess
>>
File: Squawkbox.jpg (501 KB, 1280x1998)
501 KB
501 KB JPG
>>10052612
We must always have hope, anon. But oh boy oh boy, is it tempting to buy less and less.

https://files.catbox.moe/gu9hib.jpg
https://files.catbox.moe/skbf44.jpg
I'm not doing 3 capchas for these goofs
>>
>>10048743
>>10048770
>>10048813
BTW Figueroa been posting tons of his old concept art, B&Ws, and some new(ly shown) art for the last while.

I’ve been using them as a digital coloring book to pass the time. (Poorly, because I haven’t bothered to look up how to properly use an inks layers on Pocket. So I’m just using partial transparency instead.)
>>
>>10052762
https://twitter.com/SketchyFig/status/1566222120748605441
He’s got a lot of cool stuff, a good amount of which was designed with the possibility of working as a figure in mind.
It’s a shame his stance on 3Ps seems to be ‘Please do not use any of these designs. Commission me to make you an original design instead if you want to work with me.’
>>
>>10052771
Anyone want me to post the rest of his designs I’ve colored in so far?
>>
>>10052776
Don't see why not.

That one of what appears to be Prima and Megatronus fighting a horde of something is interesting.
>>
>>10052776
>>10052778
I’ll start off with some classics/non-specific-continuity designs he’s posted.

This is one Hound as a Jeep with one of those directed energy weapons the military’s been field testing for the last decade or so. Not sure if this more resembles the variety designed to shoot down drones and missiles, or the less-than-lethal crowd control ones, which make you feel like your skin is burning.
(I vaguely recall, with the latter, there were some occasional issues with serious permanent injuries, which prevented them from seeing widespread use as an alternative to tear-gas and rubber-bullets. So mostly you just see them occasional get used abroad or domestically against really big protests.) (Honestly most types of less-than-lethal weapons end up having those issues, and/or just being kind of ineffective.)
>>
>>10052325
only if you're including his wings
>>
>>10052743
Just collect gi Joe classified, you'll barely spend any money! I don't know enough about transformers to know whether I should be mad or not yet, I can say they are getting very very light weight though.
>>
File: Slamdance.jpg (582 KB, 1280x1984)
582 KB
582 KB JPG
>>10052840
I did not grow up with Joes or know too much about them
Shipwreck seems nice but that's about it, CC and Destro look cool, mixed feelings about Serpentor
https://files.catbox.moe/wty06w.jpg
https://files.catbox.moe/4obm5d.jpg
>>
I'd like to see more. These designs: >>10052776
>>10052771 were always favourites of mine, though its the first time seeing the car version of Manterror.
>>
>>10052588
likely a Bombburst retool
>>
>>10052776
hey that was in Animated
>>
>>10052771
well he has to say that.
these are awesome
>>
>>10052798
I didn’t really do enough detail highlighting for it it be as obvious here, but someone pointed out how his arm details are stylistically asymmetrical.
I think Wheeljack’s Cyberverse/Evergreen design also did a whole thing with him having various asymmetrical custom tech body-mods.
>>
File: file.png (76 KB, 788x671)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
>>10052435
>>10052439
>>10052441
>>10052447
>>10052494
>>10052506
>>10052514
>>10052518
Very based and I appreciate it

>Make TF SOURCE of all places order
>They all ship hours later
Damn based
>Wild Rider moves to show him as "pre Order
I apparently got one of the last in stock ones before he moved to a new pre order wave
>>
>>10052868
>>
>>10052105
I saw that in a shop! The Croc Master GI Joe Classified.
How is it?
>>
>>10052843

..uh, are these the right colors? Because my version of this has a blue top and red legs.
>>
>>10052776
I want a new Spittor like you can't believe,
>>
>>10052843
If you like shipwreck then I think you'll enjoy spirit iron knife. Cc isn't much, destro is tight, mindbender is coming and serpentor is.....gonna be expensive. Oh and Sgt slaughter comes with a lil Sgt slaughter, like those mini figs they used to pack in. Totally skipping the Joe transformers cross over stuff. Baroness should've been with someone like soundwave or something, not Megatron, stalker with the awe striker makes sense but I forget who that becomes, is it hound?
>>
>>10053000
>a new Spittor would also mean Dicer and maybe TM Spittor
>a new TM2 Spittor would also mean a new Slapper
So many frogs, so little time.
>>
>>10052998
Huh?

>>10053037
Spirit iron kinfe?
>serpentor is.....gonna be expensive
Silly design...
>Sgt slaughter
Oh right, he was cool and uhhhh, some MacArthur-looking general?
>Totally skipping the Joe transformers cross over stuff
The only crossover thing I went through was the Scioli comic that was wild.
>stalker with the awe striker makes sense but I forget who that becomes, is it hound?
H-huh
>>
>>10053128
This is a conversation for another day but it's funny to see some one as overwhelmed as I am on Joes as I can get on transformers. Anyhow, what are looking forward to in new/recent release? I'm all over some crasher and skull grin. Got the lil skull grin looking fella from power of the primes, really cool mini figures imo.
>>
File: Basic - Skullgrin.jpg (1.45 MB, 2560x1960)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>10053143
>This is a conversation for another day but it's funny to see some one as overwhelmed as I am on Joes as I can get on transformers.
Heh.
>what are looking forward to in new/recent release?
Expensive... I hope the new Skullgrin is good despite its weird altmode.
>>
File: 20220922_173835.jpg (471 KB, 1600x1198)
471 KB
471 KB JPG
Transformers Classics Starscream

The most classic of Classics
Honestly not too sure what to say about this toy since this must be the fifth or sixth time it's come up now.

He's grey and red with a dandy little blue stripe down the center.
He's got four little nubs for landing gear underneath and a little seat molded inside his cockpit.
Even if it doesn't open that extra bit of detail goes a long way.

Starscream is kinda heavy, about 15-20% heavier than a modern deluxe at 100g.
His big doofy guns certainly add to that weight.
>>
>>10053169
miss that G1 but modernized aesthetic even down to the deco. I have the 2008 version but I think I would have preferred this one because of that.
>>
File: 20220922_175544.jpg (652 KB, 1500x1481)
652 KB
652 KB JPG
>>10053169
Any newer fans that have an ER 'scream know how this guys transforms.

The Classic seeker mold is just so... quaint, don'tcha think?
Among the shorter end of the deluxes for the time too.
Much more colourful in robot mode, with more blues and yellows popping out.
Since this is the very first version of this mold they hadn't yet learned the trick of painting the outside panel of the landing gear. So Starsream's got these grey patches right on either side of his chest.

Articulation is not this boy's strong suite.
Shoulders are on a swivel and a hinge but will bump into the wings pretty much no matter what. The elbows bend 90 degrees.
No bicep swivel.

Head turns a bit but it limited in range by his massive ponytail.
Hips are on ball joints and can mover about pretty freely. Knees bends to almost 90 degrees.
No thigh swivel.

It's easy to feel this toy is getting on in years. The plastic gotten pretty creaky.
The pin in that one tailfin has cracked now, apparently. So I don't feel like turning it.
>>
>>10053169
>Even if it doesn't open that extra bit of detail goes a long way.
The turbines on his chest should open up to be sorta landing gear
>>
File: 20220922_181527.jpg (808 KB, 1920x1078)
808 KB
808 KB JPG
>>10053190
All these blasted minicons have been cluttering up my desk for too long!
>>
>>10052889
Hotshot. I assumed it was based on his Cybertron appearance, since that’s the design it’s closest to. Not all the details lined up one-to-one, so I had to interpret myself a bit on the coloring of certain parts like the chest.
>>
>>10053223
The visor and alt-mode on this version actually reminds me a lot of Quickshadow from RescueBots.
>>
>>10053226
the way the window delineation lines change between modes really threw me off.
>>
>>10053223
The Cybertron designs were always my definitive Hot Shot appearances. The blue makes him stand out from Bumblebee and Hot Rod.
>>
>>10053190
The unpainted face really killed my enthusiasm for the toy back in the day.
>>
>>10053308
i mean the problem is unpainted eyes, right. it's not like you expected the face to be a different color. or...?
>>
>>10053351
it does look like a very slightly different shade of plastic to the rest of the toy, specifically it looks slightly blue-er. I kinda get a soapy-like quality from looking at it.
>>
File: starscream045[1].jpg (74 KB, 759x569)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>10053351
>>
>>10053373
there you go, all fixed.
>>10053372
it looks the same to me, like the same as that square armpit piece. but yeah the lighting and the weird waxy translucency aren't helping. i know i've seen a version of screamityscreams with a way darker gray face, is this meant to be that version? was that the problem?
>>
>>10053375
Looks shit, unpainted face looks terrible.
>>
>>10053308
His eyes ae painted in. Shoddily maybe, time worn for sure
It's my fault for not realizing how blurry the picture was before I posted it
>>
>>10053375
>it looks the same to me, like the same as that square armpit piece
yeah I was comparing it to the same piece and they appear the same, atleast to me its the grey on the chest that appeared slightly different.
>>
>>10053226
Probably should have found somewhere to fit in some crimson highlights or something to break up his grey-on-darker-greys color palette, but that is admittedly the color scheme a lot of Megatron’s have.

Something about this one’s robot mode vaguely reminds me of Titanium Megatron, though it’s really not even particularly similar. Maybe it’s just Don’s general stylings reminding me of the War within designs he also had a hand in?
>>
>>10053476
This is a pretty good Tank-former transformation-scheme.
It’s fairly similar to the Generations Leader Megatron uses. I’m trying to think of any other Tank-corners with roughly analogous transformations, but I can’t recall any off the top of my head.
>>
File: rg_gaogaigar101.jpg (150 KB, 1000x694)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>10053476
>>10053481
placing all the threads into the legs is the correct way to have megatron without backpack.
or even better make the lower legs hollow so front threads can store inside it.
kinda like pic
>>
File: file.png (35 KB, 503x639)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
I was THIS CLOSE, amazon. you got away with it this time, but man
>>
>>10053476
My brain was like "pfff how would he bend his legs" then I realized oh yeah tank treads are flexible. I guess this toy would need to have rubber treads.
>>
>>10053495
oh man the thumbnail looks like a spider
>>
>>10053481
Now that I think about it, I guess Thrilling 30 Generations Blitzwing transformed into a tank that way.
Though that figure really highlighted the potential weaknesses of that transformation scheme, namely the hollow undercarriage and overly empty back of the tank.
>>
>>10053481
I probably should have pulled up some references for Hot rod’s various color layouts instead of just approximating it by memory, but I’d say the result was still serviceable enough.
>>
>>10053523
hm? are you saying you colored this?
>>
>>10053523
Soundwave seems to be eternally condemned to turning into soon to be dated and obsolete alt-Moses due to the speed of advancement in communications and entertainment devices.

Additionally there’s the added issue of modern devices trending towards sleek and thin form-factors, which often either results in conspicuously chunky device-modes: https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Blaster_(G1)/toys#Device_Label
or wafer-thin bot-modes: https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Soundwave_(G1)/toys#Xiaomi_.2F_Transformers

If you had to pick a modern and non-vehicle alt-mode for a new version or design/figure of Soundwave, what would you go with?
>>
>>10053534
i've always been fond of the satellite mode idea, though real satellites are often too damn spindly.
nothing really looks like anything anymore, so I don't think there's any great ideas.. none that I can think of at least. though this clamshell design could be recycled maybe to have him turn into a computer mouse. that's sort of music related. but you'd be tempted to make his cassettes the mouse ball, and mice haven't had balls in a coon's age.
He could turn into a game system or something, but I can't imagine ravage and co being SD cards.. and consoles look so dull these days.
>>
>>10053523
Multiple-separate-alt-modes-which-combine-into-a-single-bot is always one of those concepts I like as a rare occurrence as an example of the sheer diversity cybertronians have in form.
That being said, I only really like it as a sporadic quality that one or two bots has going on, I think it would be too Megazord-y, and the innovative mess of the transformation la might suffer if it was ever done as a line-wide gimmick.

>>10053526
Yeah, I’ve been using Don Figueroa’s black-and-whites/pencils concept arts that he’s been posting as a digital coloring book when I’m bored:
>>10052762
>>
File: IMG_20220921_191922374.jpg (422 KB, 3226x1478)
422 KB
422 KB JPG
>>10052990
It's fuckin awesome. Croc Master is rad but the crocodile is arguably the best part.
>>
>>10053547
oh that is clever..
well shit dude I assumed these came that way. you're doing great
>>
>>10053549
are those happy meal toys in the back, they remind me of the old food transformers.. but for some kind of mossy melonesque rock instead, lookin like it'd turn into a piggy
>>
>>10053551
Botbots. They're very handy for pictures.
>>
File: IMG_20220923_013126956.jpg (819 KB, 4096x1940)
819 KB
819 KB JPG
>>10053555
Forgot pic.
>>
>>10053557
hahaha what a cute little doofus. i didn't know botbots did such abstract things as island-tortoise
>>
Played around with some core figures. During that I pulled out this old 07 Megatron keychain and took some pictures with it since it had a surprising bit of articulation to it, 7poa specifically
>>
>>10053575
Wish I had the legacy core Shockwave to fit in with my other core cons but the Bumblebee one is still solid. This pic came out kinda flat but I didn't want to remove focus from each character
>>
>>10053580
I originally intended to just take the two previous pics and no more but I then had the idea to do a little skit with them so now there's these few extra photos
>>
>>10053547
Having singular individuals who have multiple bodies or split into multiple units actually raises some really interesting questions about the mechanics of their sparks and brain-modules.

If I was writing Tf fiction, I think my pseudo-scientific* explanation would go something like this:
Their spark is split into two (or more) quantum-entangled probability phases, effectively allowing the single spark to co-exist in two separate physical locations simultaneously. The surrounding spark-chamber physically splits two house the separated spark instances.
In contrast their brain module is physically separated into multiple components, which are each moved along with the spark-instance into the separating body-unit. Each brain-module sub-component directly pilots and controls the individual body-unit it’s house within. However collectively all of the sub-components operate together as a unified networked processing cluster, utilizing the synchronized fluctuations and feedback of their local spark-instance as a medium for instant, lose-less, signaling inter-communication between each other.

*I actually happen to have enough semi-casual knowledge of quantum physics to know this is not only a deliberate conflation of the two separate concepts of quantum-entanglement and quantum positional state-uncertainty, but that it is also explicitly not how either of those things work.
I could elaborate on that, but realistically this is already way too nerdy, and nobody cares enough to want an explanation about which specific ways physics doesn’t actually allow various cool Sci-Fi concepts.
>>
>>10053590
quantum stuff is such bullshit. but you did use it in what is currently considered a proper manner, nicely done.
i love scifi explanations, and it bugs me how science aint science anymore.
>>
>>10053585
Sorta mixed about how this came out but I think it's serviceable for what I wanted to make
>>10053590
I did always wonder how cybertronians still lived/operated just fine even after they've been beheaded or mostly blown up, especially when sparks are involved but this still happens when separated from their body, such as in Beast Wars or Animated
>>
>>10053547
>>10053534
Speaking of outdated alt-modes, I think this is one of those radio-phones army units had way back in WW1 (and according to Wikipedia, apparently significantly earlier though less common, as well.)
The dial-up to eject idea is brilliant, it feels like one of those types of gimmicks the crops up in various Kamen-rider series.

This one’s for one of the G.I.Joe x Transformers series, Don’s posted a whole ton of other designs for most of the rest of the G1 cast, including Bruticus and Superion, but unfortunately I haven’t gotten around to coloring any more of them yet.
You can check them all out here though:
https://twitter.com/search?q=From%3Asketchyfig%20TFvsJoe&src=typed_query&f=live
>>
>>10053598
Something that I'll bring up about the Megatron keychain is that I've realized it seems to be based not on 07 movie Megatron, but instead his concept art. Specifically one of the final iterations where they were trying to pick a head design and one of them had a bunch of plates around his face and would form a battle mask.
Here's a closeup of the keychain
https://files.catbox.moe/8h2lkq.jpg
and here's the concept art
https://files.catbox.moe/s5gacw.jpg
>>
>>10053605
great transformation, wonderful idea. would the chest compartment hold little bombformers or something? looking like WW1 bombs? or else.. oldtimey batteries.. i assume this thing had to run on some kind of power. though i'm having trouble even finding pictures or info on this thing so maybe it had a crank to generate just enough power for a call.. radios are crazy efficient.
>>
>>10053605
Complimentary to the question of what Soundwave should be adapted to turn into is always what should the Cassette-bots turn into. Unfortunately digital storage media has arguably changed and professed even more rapidly than even devices, and has consistently trended towards ever more impractically small and insubstantial for an alt-mode.

So what types of things do you think make good updates for the cassettes? For this one, feel free to include things which are paired with vehicle-alt-moded Soundwaves as well, to give a freer range of potential ideas.
>>
>>10053619
weird idea but what if a soundwave who was a jet of some kind, and he would literally eject out his pilot who would transform from a convincing human in flight suit and helmet to jaguar, bird, little car, etc.
>>
>>10053619
Much like the Tf x GIJoe ones, he’s posted a whole bunch of War Within designs, and I’ve only actually colored a scant few of them.
You can also view the rest here though: https://twitter.com/search?q=(Within%20OR%20warwithin%20OR%20thewarwithin)%20(from%3Asketchyfig)&src=typed_query&f=live
>>
>>10053629
>>
>>10053649
>>
File: IMG_20220923_001731.png (368 KB, 525x700)
368 KB
368 KB PNG
>>10053575
Nice, anon. It's always fun seeing people just posing their figures and having fun

I've just been reminding myself how great the weaponizers are
>>
>>10053651
That’s the last of these that I have for now. Which is probably for the best since it’s getting late and I should go to bed.
>>
>>10053656
Seriously though, give his twitter a browse, there’s a ton more cool stuff there, some of which he’s already colored himself, and some of which is completely new and bizarre like these WWE transformers he made.
https://twitter.com/search?q=%20from%3Asketchyfig%20Doncept&src=typed_query&f=live
>>
File: firetruckmold.png (1.87 MB, 1395x784)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
wanted to take more pics but its a pretty miserable day today so only took a few.
since I have Grapple on the way decided to mess around with his mouldmates, I enjoy them alot even though Artfire's yellowing is a downer
>>
File: derp.png (106 KB, 300x273)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
man toyhax were never super great or anything but lately they kinda suck
>>
File: firetruckmold 2.png (1.98 MB, 1395x783)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB PNG
Grapple has the issue with the peg-into-feet connection being too tight correct? simple sanding down of the pegs will be enough to fix the issue?

>>10053653
waiting for red cog to drop down to deluxe price to pick him up, seems pretty fun with all the accessories but I dont think its enough to bump him up to voyager cost
>>
>>10053664
They're too long so they get stuck. You'd have to cut them down a lot or sand the sides down a good bit to avoid it. Tbh I just don't press the pegs that hard in
>>
File: firetruckmold 3.png (2.04 MB, 1223x782)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB PNG
>>10053615
very nice, yet to pick up any core class figures yet but I'm keen on getting Iguanus. theyre just so egregiously overpriced here
>>
>>10053664
>Grapple has the issue with the peg-into-feet connection being too tight correct? simple sanding down of the pegs will be enough to fix the issue?
Yessir, I sanded down the sides and now there's no issue, but I'm still gentle with them
>>
File: firetruckmold 4.png (2 MB, 1394x783)
2 MB
2 MB PNG
a lil micromaster buddy to go with the rest of the fire engines

>>10053667
>You'd have to cut them down a lot or sand the sides down a good bit to avoid it
I see, so its a little more effort required to fix it properly, thats a shame. I'll just do as you suggested since thats a simple workaround.
I'm not a fan of having to correct mistakes made by the company unless they're simple enough, its just something we shouldnt have to do.
>>
>>10053649
Love this Prowl, really like the cybertronian alt modes that are more distinct from each character's respective earth modes. The sleek/smooth hovercraft look is a particular design cue from the G1 cartoon I really like
>>10053651
Don't know if it was deliberate on your part but that's Bluestreak
>>10053653
Thanks a lot. Wish I had more weaponizers myself. That and the creativity to make something better than incohesive monstrosities
>>10053670
Serious shame about that. I prefer the larger figures myself since I like posing my bots when I play with them, and cores are more limited in that department. But they do fulfill a particular niche for me, being smaller and simpler means I can focus more on them just being fun toys that I can mindlessly fiddle around with without the inconvenience of needing to pull them out of storage
>>
>>10053675
Yeah it's just not worth fixing when I can just avoid the problem entirely. You can still push it down a tiny bit to secure it but if you press it all the way in you will not get it out again.
>>
>>10053658
>>10053670
I want one of this mold.
Unsure if I want Artfire or Inferno more
>>
https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/09/23/takara-tomy-hobby-expo-round-up-first-look-at-legacy-wildrider-haslab-victory-saber-and-more-465825

Breakdown in leg mode, new VS photos, proper/final deco pics for wave 3 of Legacy
>>
>>10053676
>But they do fulfill a particular niche for me, being smaller and simpler means I can focus more on them just being fun toys that I can mindlessly fiddle around with without the inconvenience of needing to pull them out of storage
I hear that, I fiddle with the smaller sized deluxes and the couple micromasters that I have just because they're so simple to maneuver back-n-forth between the modes. But of course there are also times you want to tackle something a bit more challenging.
From what I've seen Iguanus looks pretty fun for his size and I also find it a little easier to see less known characters in that scale. It's a little strange to me to see Optimus or Megs so small, even if they'd be fun.

>>10053683
I'd recommend Inferno since he ignores the issue of yellowing on Artfire. It's a bit of a shame since he's more visually appealing with the white and red colour scheme and obviously more expensive as a selects figure.
It would've been fine if it was just the head cover that yellowed on him since it'd be hidden in robot mode and at certain angles in vehicle mode, unfortunately it's a bit more than just that.
They're both still fun to pose, the feet are able to articulate very well due to the transformation
>>
NEW/OLD STUFF
Dark SS Dotm Ratchet and Bonecrusher + reissue of leader Optimus.
https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attachments/screenshot_20220923_034038-jpg.29652754/
>>
>>10053730
why would you link instead of just attaching retard
N.E.S.T. ratchet & bonecrusher? i kind of dig it, but nothing worth chasing or staying up for
baffling that they haven't milked the objective best Bay optimus more
>>
>>10053773
Weak internet and I'm at work so I have a bit of a problem with attaching anon.
>>
>>10053688
Someone from TFW asked about few things:

1. The rep has not even seen the MP Cliffjumper prototype until I showed it to him
2. Armada convoy is still in the planning stages and NOT canceled
3. Raiden combined mode will not have anything glued onto it. Legs and ankles will have full articulation. What isn’t decided is waist articulation
4. I passed on the Powermaster Prime MP request and he felt having Lord Ginrai as a possible MP might be a better idea
>>
>>10053773
>A lot of recycled figures
well, this is concerning
>>
>>10053803
>2. Armada convoy is still in the planning stages and NOT canceled
It's Time.
>>
>>10053832
Oh wait wrong webm
>>
>>10053832
Saved, also when we will get Master Magatron and Galvatron.
>>10053834
I want those redecos just as much I want originals, hopefully Convoy can be sold as voyager/leader so we can have this and Nemesis deco.
>>
>>10053803
I've always felt that MP Cliffjumper was shady
I'm still pretty convinced it's someone's high effort custom
>>
>>10053865
Or it is bullshit
>>
>>10053495
You're killing me. I just cancelled my order because pulse had him in stock :/
At least I'll be getting override too...
>>
>>10053534
Hmm... How about a PC with hard drives for the cassettes? He can keep most of his original transformation because of the general blocky shape of a computer.
>>
>>10053547
That is awesome!
>>
>>10053906
Ravage and buzz saw could be thumbdrives?
>>
>>10053773
Kind of odd that these are the weird repaints they decide on rather than someone interesting like Desert Brawl or Nightwatch Optimus.
>>
>>10053967
Well they did that NEST Bumblebee so they figured hey let him not be alone.
>>
New thread:
>>10053992
>>10053992
>>10053992
>>
>>10053773
>the absolute state of TF Target exclusives
The DOTP Optimus reissue is nice for people who missed out the first time but who the fuck asked for more NEST redecos? Shits gonna shelfwarm like that ugly ass toy-color Dinobot unless a lot of people missed out on the OG Bonecrusher and Ratchet.
>>
>>10053948
You know, i think there is a ravage thumb drive on the market right now. Not sure if it's official, but i do remember seeing it
>>
>>10054031
Those have been around for a decade or more, there was an official one long ago from Device Label but that got KO'd so many times there's more knockoffs than the real deal on ebay these days.
I have a 14gig one I got for like $10 years back, it's slow as fuck but still works.
>>
>(embed) (embed)
>now it's (embed) (embed) (embed)
>>
>>10054071
I'm not using that thread.
>>
>>10054079
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tpHILeOSV8 (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)
>disclaimer "not necessary" anymore
>trying to boost thread with coombrain question
Oh wow it sure would be a strange coincidence for the next thread to have another (embed), and be made early due to there being no disclaimer. What an extremely low quality thread.
>>
File: file.png (446 KB, 640x666)
446 KB
446 KB PNG
>>10054083
>This thread on Page 9 at image limit
>All the recent gothreads have been bonked
Anon can you not be fucking retarded please
>>
I'll just wait for the guy who made this thread to make another.
>>
>>10054124
May be awhile, I think he posts later in the day. I only noticed because I get up early for work, which is like 2am.other thread seems fine, there was talk of someone doing it if the normal op is unavailable.
>>
>>10054124
>>10054137
I'm not him (I'm me) but here:
>>10054146
>>10054146
>>10054146
Added a disclaimer to the disclaimer. Did not know what meaningful edition to make, so made at least a pleasant one.
>>
>>10054150
Kreon anon, you a dingus
>>
>>10054210
You're not wrong
a-also how
>>
>>10054217
Not him, I am who I am, but that's something Kreon anon™ would say.
>>
>>10054226
Frick
>>
Too many threads. It's down right silly.
>>
>>10054150
Fuck you kreofag. Try and restrain your crippling autism you raging retard.
>>
both of the current threads seem legit... maybe ill just take a couple days off from tfg and see what survives
>>
>>10054378
Protip: use the one that consistently has the same OP info and isn't made before page 10 or image limit.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.