[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Previous thread: >>10026611

>Super7 TMNT Ultimates wave 5 and 6 are shipping out! Fuck your wallet.
>Target's Fall Geek Out Event with NECA's TMNT merch has begun. You can find Monster Leo, Bride April, Mummy Mikey Neutrinos, Usagi, Smash and Zach, Crooked TMNT Gang and Rock Soldier and Tokka and Rahzars right now!
>NECA Mirage Renet, Utrom, and Casey hitting soon, as well as Archie Slash
>Super7 Wave 8 has been revealed
>NECA's Sewer Lair (Living Room) going up for pre-order in September
>FuRay Planet Wilderness Hunter Crocker (totally not Leatherhead!) shipping from some places!
>BST AXN is dumping loads of TMNT now. Clogging all shelves.
>Playmates...still full on retarded, but at least they're doing something with the license?
>Diamond is bringing back TMNT Minimates!

>Useful Links:
TMNTToys, a useful resource for TMNT toy history - http://www.tmnttoys.com/
Necastore - https://thenecastore.com/
Super7's Website - https://super7.com/

>Archive:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/search/subject/tmnt%20general/
>>
Pixel Dan's Krang review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUKSwjRAc0U

Pixel Dan's Leo review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y6Gg9WeQZQ

Toyshiz review:
https://youtu.be/mv8y9p9gJTI

Thefwoosh:
http://thefwoosh.com/2022/09/super7-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-ultimates-series-5-first-look/

Essentially all of Wave 5 suffers from loose joints somewhere on the figure. It seems Samurai Leo and Krang are the worst, with it varying on Leatherhead and Ray. Wave 6 will likely have just as severe joint looseness issues.
>>
>>10044590
toybro links?
>>
>>10044588
Probably gonna wait for these to go on clearance
>>
>>10044590
Seems like Super7 is more prioritizing churning out new waves of Ultimates and ReActoins over QC. Probably explains the loose joints, and Super7 being too impatient to wait till a wave ships out before selling us the next one.
>>
File: ImaShlick.jpg (25 KB, 640x480)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>
>>10044194
that head is 100% an homage to the rotted movie head meme image. love the cobra as a total playmates-type detail, and.. fucking nunchankhu...
>>10044254
keanu heard us joking about him not aging 10 years ago, so he aged a bit.
>>
>>10044631
i was going to anyway!
I wonder how long it'll take. waves 1 through 4 kinda all went on sale at the same time.
>>10044737
it doesnt take any additional work to make the joint pieces a few microns thicker so there's adequate friction. you just test out the prototype, go 'hmm, too loose' then send the note to the factory for the next one.
>>
>>10044590
>Wave 6 will likely have just as severe joint looseness issues.

Of course it will. The one figure I plan on buying from these guys and it'll probably be as floppy as that old ML Colossus.
>>
>>10044910
For most companies. Brian thinks it's not his problem. As far as he's concerned adult collectors shouldn't open toys anyway, hence his shiny packaging. He's had these issues for years but his fanbase doesn't care. They think it's prestigious to buy this company's overpriced toys.
>>
>>10044590
>Essentially all of Wave 5 suffers from loose joints somewhere on the figure. It seems Samurai Leo and Krang are the worst, with it varying on Leatherhead and Ray. Wave 6 will likely have just as severe joint looseness issues.
Five waves in and this really shouldn't be an issue anymore, instead it's even worse. I certainly hope that reviewers hold them to task and they improve, but I doubt it.
Guess moving forward my hopes are going to be on Neca Archie stuff.
>>
>>10044869
Overpriced Super7 when?
>>
>>10044936
Not only that, more money seems to be put into licensing fees than QC testing. Who does Brian think we are, manchildren?
>>
>>10045240
This is what you get when cool dude punk rock magazine guys decide to make toys. You know it was probably just supposed to be a side hustle and now they actually have way more customers than ever before.
>>
>>10045245
You can really feel how unethused Brian and Kyle are in interviews too, like they feel forced to show off stuff they don't really care about because it's their biggest product in sales.
>>
>>10045052
They're quick to talk about being a boutique collector company but don't want to put that extra work in.
>>
>>10045266
Yeah. They're way more into the weirdo vinyl things and super shogun stuff. I'm guessing because it's more "niche quirky collector stuff" than manchildren toy fuel. Hell, TMNT Ultimates after the first couple waves have started becoming just bigger versions of the old toys with extra joint cuts. There was a neat newish take on the Playmates designs earlier on, but now they just don't seem all that unique.
>>
>>10045346
>just bigger versions of the old toys with extra joint cuts
that was the whole concept
>>
>>10045359
The turtles at least had a bit more detail than the original toys. But even Splinter just felt like a bigger version of the old toy.
>>
>>10045359
Everything seemed just a little bigger/more detailed enough to make them really stand out to me. Then they showed Slash and it was JUST a scaled up original toy. Like, hugely disappointing to me
>>
>>10045381
There are instances where I agree with you, namely Splinter with the nose painting error or Shredder, but Slash has an alt head and the original toy was mostly perfect save for detail and paint apps on his weaponry. I don’t think he needed much more desu.
>>
>>10045376
splinter's head is subtly but importantly redesigned. i just wish they'd narrowed his nose.
>>
>>10044590
thank god I skipped this wave
I was low on money so I was gonna buy it next year, hope they fix the problem by then
>>
>>10045504
I wonder, does anyone have any direct anecdotal evidence on tightening S7 joints? Most of what I've read really mostly affects ball and socket joints, and the biggest problematic S7 joint is up inside the body where it's not very accessible. I'd love to hear someone confirm with pictures "yeah that's just a ball joint, yank it out it'll pop back in after you've given it a few coats of something" but I worry.
As it is, I had Casey Jones's head halfway off before realizing "This is harder than it should be, something's wrong" and looked it up and someone else said it's not recommended and would be even harder to get back on, so I went with 'remove hand, bend arm to its limit' to get his golf bag on. really can't believe they couldn't give us a little neodymium magnet or a snap or something
>>
>>10045266
>>10045346
I'm doubt Brian and Kyle can wait till they run out of 1988-to-1997 TMNT toys to upscale. They just can't wait till the final waves of ultimates, where they get to the really weird shit.
>>
File: file.png (1.39 MB, 1563x900)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>10045565
They could do a wave where they finally finish these guys
>>
File: Cyber-samurai.jpg (187 KB, 900x628)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>10045605
Don't forget about the unreleased Turtles.
>>
>>10045679
I doubt they'll do another massive vehicle/accessory after the $500 van flopped.
>>
File: file.png (770 KB, 900x696)
770 KB
770 KB PNG
>>10045679
dude
the transforming turtle van pic related looked awkward, but this thing? I want this.
>>
>>10045683
Good thing there are other, more attainable, unreleased Turtles to modernize (e.g. pic related, Mr. Badwrench, Warrior Bebop (repaint of Robotic Bebop), Spellcaster Splinter).
>>
>>10045690
>Mr. Badwrench
looked him up. looks like a Loren Bouchard scribble.
>spellcaster splinter
dig it. very appropes
>warrior bebop
weird, I thought we did get a repaint of robo bebop, but not yellow. I could swear.. I mean, I thought I saw it on tmnttoys. well, knowing that, yeah I hope we get both robotic repaints
because i'd want regular bebop but red 'warrior' rocksteady.
>>
File: Warriorbebop_unrel.png (59 KB, 135x165)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>10045694
Funny how pic related had the same name as a completely different figure of bebop for the The Warriors of the Forgotten Sewer subline.
>>
>>10045700
they probably would have changed it. then again they also clearly screwed up the names of special B+Rs all the time, hence the confusion of rhinoman/super rocksteady and mighty bebop

not that it made any sense to have recolors of robot figures for the 'warriors' line meant to be a weird alternate dimensional fantasy.. just because they have chrome? but whatever, I love chrome. Really sucks we can't have it anymore.
>>
>>10045679
This shit is really punching above Playmate's weight class even back then. I really wonder if they contracted designs like this to takara or something. But then again they were doing Exo-Squad around the same time so maybe they just had some good tech designing guys.
>>
>>10045706
was anyone contracted for the mutatin' figures? because I gotta say, they really did the job, even if the job in question was often pretty silly. Having the turtles' legs swing forward to become unmutated turtle front limbs.. it's functional enough, and efficient.
>>
File: file.jpg (71 KB, 900x354)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>10045706
Well they did have some decent mechs back in the day. passable at worst.
>>
File: file.jpg (106 KB, 900x494)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>10045713
plus shit like these. they really knew they were competing with some cool anime stuff before a lot of us even knew about those shows
>>
File: metal mutants.jpg (66 KB, 900x246)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>10045717
also the 'metal mutants' were pretty impressive and cool. i was tempted to get them back in the day, but i'd kinda moved past turtle figures at the time. still liked the movies.. I did get some of the redos of movie III figures with chromier armor..
>>
>>10045717
Seems more like Brian's and Kyle's cups of tea than the usual Turtles fare.
>>
>>10045687
That's a fucking cool idea combining Metalhead with the wagon. Why has there never been an actual Transformer like this? I'm not even into Turtles anymore and I only roam the thread to see if the specific figure or two I want are available yet. But a transformer wagon/Metalhead? I'd buy that shit. If that was around when I was a kid I'd have flipped out.
>>
>>10045726
if 80s tmnt were a current or recent show, you can bet chinese thirdparty guys would have made exactly that. and it would look fucking amazing.
official transformers crossovers tend to be a little less fantastic, the ghostbusters and back to the future ones are just goodish, and the star wars and top gun ones suck.
also vanformers in general have problems because they're really just a drivetrain under a big empty box. you can fill that box with robot parts, but now you can't have clear windows showing the interior, plus it's a cheat. Like for G1 who cares I guess, they had microvans and vanettes... but for the movie line where they try to realistically use all the parts, the whole van body would have to just crumple up like foil while the limbs mostly came out of the wheels and axles.
>>
>>10045713
is that turtle exclusive tot the mecha?
>>
>>10045720
>Saint Seiya Turtles
Don't forget about the unreleased Bebop and Rocksteady!
>>
>>10045731
I think so. Pretty sure they're scaled down versions of the originals, because these mechs were carded. It's possible they reused those in another mech later though
actually.. shit, didn't someone post a mech from the 2003 line that had a mini '87 turtle inside?
>>
>>10045729
I haven't opened my DeLorean or Ecto-1 transformers because I just have no room. Just the idea of it to me was too damn cool to pass up. So I don't mind some things like windows looking cramped if it makes something cool.
>>
File: file.png (1.07 MB, 1000x475)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>10045739
very interesting transformations for the armor, and super cool. these are from a catalog? what happened when you ordered the shits that ended up unreleased?
>>10045744
no wait I have it wrong. they released, as part of the 2012 line, a 2003 mech with a fullsized '87 turtle inside.
>>
>>10045746
oh I agree, it's all about what works, and sometimes compromises are in order.. and those were fantastic ideas even if the executions were just okay. if I was super into those particular vehicles, I'd have been unable to resist.
i wish they'd do more animal-based crossovers. we got the jurassic park stuff, very nice. could have used more for sure. buuut yeah turtles could use more of that.. the prototype up there was pretty dumb looking, but there's no reason we couldn't get a better metalhead. possibly with large parts of the van just.. folding back and becoming his shell, while the wheels become I dunno elbow and knee joints?
but I guess at the time, tmnt was in decline and this toy would have been expensive, so they decided (rightly I think) it would have flopped.
>>
>>10045739
>bebop mutates into a fish
yeah it sucks
>>
>>10045813
no he's wearing armor that detaches and BECOMES a fish. it's the fish spirit
it's some saint seiya kinda shit
>>
>>10045381
Mutagen Man is the same. No extra paint, no "Classics" updating. They're not doing much with the line.
>>
>>10045690
over-designed af
>>
>>10045940
>Ninja Turtles
>Overdesigned
>>
>>10044590
I'm still getting Scratch and will dabble in the line over time, but its a contrast to me wanting to be a completest a year ago.
>>
>>10045925
MM was kind of a disappointment for not having the guts painted. On top of it leaking water. I iddn't even want Muckman or Mondo Gecko enough to get them. As for loose joints I had to drip Pledge into every one of Metalhead's joints.

And toon outfit Shredder? Nah. Here's a weird thing based on a Playmates prototype that a couple of former employees own because fuck you.

I'm glad I didn't pay full price for any of these.
>>
>>10045052
Toon Last Ronin could mean more media crossover too. Promising future there.
>>
File: 20220918_114338.jpg (2.69 MB, 4000x3000)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB JPG
Will we get Invisible Donnie in time for Halloween?
>>
>>10046374
>Meanwhile, Canada still only just has FrankenRaph
I hate this place sometimes
>>
>>10046400
I haven't seen any sign of anything other than Raph outside of the stupid Target geek thing here, either. But it was nice getting to cancel my preorders and save a couple bucks.
>>
>>10046340
what would you want painted on the guts exactly?
>>
>>10046279
>>10045940
he means the jim lee design. that's classic 90s overdetailed guys who I still like a lot but I also GET why people don't.
>>
>>10046449
Anything other than bare plastic. Especially the fucking SKULL.
>>
>>10046530
that's a skull to you? huh. yeah I can see that
well I mean as you can see, it IS painted, so they clearly wanted the guts to all be pink, like real guts. there's dark pink shading on lighter pink plastic.. but I guess they could have varied it up more, made some more of a dark kidney red, more pale on the lungs, ... it's one of those questions like, mondo gecko's original playmates toy wanted fewer total paint colors so they use the same blue for his underscales as his topside scale detail, but the underscales SHOULD be, were presumably intended to be by the sculptor, yellow.. so do you change it for realism? or leave things as we iconically remember them.. I think with mutagen man they wanted to keep that 'mostly pink inside' bit going.
>>
If Super7's Ultimates Turtles are a overpriced floppy mess, I have an Idea! Drill holes into them, so that they can be attached to Figma stands.
>>
>>10046374
Just Tell people invisible Donnie is there....
>>
Any inhand reviews or anything for S7 Slash? I want to see how his articulation is, since it looks kinda gimped.
>>
>>10046664
Oh my god, he's naked! Turtle dicks look like THAT?!
>>
>>10046697
that's a good question. i'm sure it's slightly restricted but still fine. it's entirely possible though that the head articulation focuses on rotation, as several other hunched-over guys have so far.
>>10046698
they're pretty nuts, right? they don't have that doubledong thing snakes and lizards have, pretty normal til you get to the end..
>>
>>10046698
>>
>>10044588
Really bummed to see even after moving to their own factory this company cannot get its shit together. Every wave of ultimates it seems to be a different excuse what went wrong from them. They’re obviously never going to change and it’s pretty much killed my enthusiasm to get more than a few figures here and there after this wave finishes off the core lineup.
>>
>>10046721
Krang was my most wanted and he seems to have gotten it the worst. If they're going to charge $55 and going up cause of glow powder or other bs...they have no reason not to do better. This line prints money. Put some into fixing the common complaints, fuck's sake.
>>
>>10046721
it is weird they can't fix this one problem, but it is still just one problem and at least it's not breakage. could be worse. I'm not gonna pay full price, but ima still get em.
>>10046726
i wonder if loose lips got them the news about loose hips too late for the wave 5 stuff to be changed. if they fix it in wave 6 that might be the case, but if they don't fix it in 6 then- well actually 6 seems to be done before 5 in some places? point is I think it remains to be seen whether they're just ignoring the problem or very late on fixing it.
>>
>>10046729
They’re definitely just ignoring the problem, the loose joints have been an issue all the way back since their MOTUC stuff and persist through every one of their lines. They just don’t seem to do thorough QC at all as seen with this and the last thundercats wave. I don’t feel they have any passion for what they are making as much as they say they do their heart seems to be in reaction and vinyl instead.
>>
>>10046737
seems an odd thing to keep doing. it takes exactly as much work to make a mold the right size with the right joint tightness as it does to do it wrong
it's not as if they pay no attention, and we randomly get tight, loose, and everything in between. that's what you'd expect if they were truly ignorant and neglectful. we JUST get loose ones.

i wonder if the prototypes are regularly made in a lighter and/or higher-friction material that can stand up under its own weight with the joints as-is, and if they made them 'right' then they would seem too tight in the prototype.
or if there's just one employee reporting this stuff, and nobody listens.
>>
>>10044588
As long as they have enough brainless cult members buying their shit & attacking anyone who dares criticize, keeping the profit margins afloat, they don't have to improve.

I saw he-man/org fuckers defending the MOTUC line, including the phrase "what do you expect for $X?" I expect more than they give, fucktard.
>>
>>10046745
Mr "I do not make children's toys" Flynn doesn't monitor the factories at all. They cut corners to produce the things for less, pocket the cash & he doens't seem to care when buyers complain. He doens't see it as his problem. He's got enough brainlets buying his overpriced toys to show off, somehow the QC issues don't deter them because they think they're impressing people by wasting money on "adult collectible, NOT A TOY" toys. They're not. This shit's selling for discount prices. Only Shitbow tooners care about TF Ultimates or GI Joe Ultimates(lines Hasbro could make themselves for less). ReAction has been overpriced since Funko lost it.

I actually think it would take Flynn dying or getting arrested for a horrible crime to even remotely see this company lose its fanbase. Shit QC isn't doing it.
>>
>>10046764
if what you were saying were true, mr angry buzzword user, then you would expect random levels of tightness instead of consistently loose.
>>
>>10046747
I agree Neca is shit and has been for decades now. The anon last thread posted the Neca Krang just falling apart on itself.
>>
>>10046777
But if it's intentional, what purpose does it serve?
>>
>>10046708
NECA QUALITY
>>
>>10046698
Yes
>>
>>10046777
>mr angry buzzword user
Brian won't buttfuck you

>>10046789
It's not intentional. They're using shittier plastics that cure too thin because the factory can save money on production. It's cheaper material. They pocket the remainder from whatever Shitter7 paid them. They know they can get away with it because this company has said "oh well" multiple times before.
>>
>>10046789
That is the question
I don't think it's intentional, I think there's some reason we just aren't aware of. a quirk of production, some oversight, something they're straight up not doing the correct way.. which fits with them being a smaller, made-to-order company. It's not as if the bigger ones publish books like "Yeah when you use X material for prototypes, you've gotta take into account joint tightness being different when you go into production" or something

also the fact that it's primarily the hips. the loose, wobbly waist-swivel piece inside the turtles and metalhead, and the forward-back (worryingly thin) pin joint for the hips. Sometimes the outward-swing joint of the hips is loose-ish too, but mostly okay.. occasionally the knees and ankles, but not as often.. and never the thigh-swivel nor anything above the waist, right? so it's gotta be a weight thing. super7 guys are like over twice as heavy as neca movie figs that are taller.
>>
>>10046805
Then why is it primarily affecting the hips?
if that pin is metal (I don't think it is, but I can't tell) then it'd be more likely pins whose heat expansion haven't been factored in, than a plastic issue
>>
File: SDCC-2022-NECA-Thurs-018.jpg (354 KB, 1536x2048)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
>>10046374
Worried about the transparent parts.

Can Mikey store his weapons anywhere? I got mine coming tomorrow.
>>
>>10046827
Pins have to be tapped in properly to work. Even with Hasbro's shit that doens't always happen. Sometimes the hole itself is a bit too shallow & the distance of a human hair can fuck things up. Pins, screws, rods, etc are usually bought in bulk packs from other companies, not made on-site by a plastic injection-molding facility. Yes it is possible a flawed shape of the pin can fuck it up too, but in the case with this company it's still a safe bet the factory is going cheap on production to dick over Super7. I think a lot of the brand loyalists don't even open these so they don't notice & the ones that do are still too up their own ass to fill collection slots to abandon the company. I've noticed toy collectors would rather be abused than ignored.
>>
>>10046851
Mikey sadly doesn't have weapon storae. And despite being the most poseable of the line sofar, I'm just now realizing he can't do the armpit tuck thing with his nun ch-ankhs very well
>>
>>10046861
the armpit tuck is tricky to do period. I had to work really hard to get super7 mikey to do it. I wish they'd given him the flexible plastic cord ones instead of the useless molded chain..
>>
>>10046851
Donnie looks so cool, I'd even be fine not using the invisible parts for safety sake.
>>10046863
I've never had an issue with it but now realize all my Mikeys are in that same pose except the movie one who's proudly flaunting his turtle wax. Guess I'll figure something different for Mummy Mike.
>>
>>10046877
I think it's because it's tough for an action figure to really do more with nunchaku. If their arms can go together closely, you can hold one pair out in front of you, as if showing it off, but most other dual-grip poses are really tough (they would require wrist rotation along the yaw axis, which is not usually included even if they have both pitch and roll wrists) and it's rare to have nice dynamic nunchaku that can be posed twirling (except the silly disk ones) or striking.. so you're left with those few options.
I always found it amusing in the old toys though to have the nunchaku stashed in the belt but coming up over his shoulders into his hands.. not that that's useful, it just looks like a jetpack harness or something. unfortunately super7 made the belt loops too small.
>>
>>10046851
>no invisible head
>>
>>10046960
it will be in the special double dip accessory pack ETA Q2 2023
>>
Neither PixelDan nor ToyBro can get Leatherhead to do his Playmates pose. Wave 5 is a total wash, I can't believe we waited a full fucking year for this.
>>
>>10047000
Is this going to be like each time when Super7 figures come out and some poorfag from a shithole country(Necanon) cope posts until someone gets the toys in hand?

I remember when wave 1 came out and some asian poorfag managed to steal a bunch of the wave 1 figures and seethed over them while talking about his Neca figures.
>>
>>10047020
There's at least some validity in demonstrations by 2 american reviewers with the figures in hand over some asian pickpocket snatching them from trucks.
>>
>>10046708
AAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAA!
>>
File: 011234.png (1.35 MB, 1946x1320)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
Walmart raised their tmnt 1/4 scale price
did neca raised the msrp?
>>
>>10046964
Just take the head off you weenie.
>>
File: 00001.png (1.08 MB, 1826x1294)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
sad....
looks like its still $119 at other places
>>
>>10046851
the head doesn't look like donnie
where is the pointy mouth?
>>
>>10047192
these things frequently go on sale so their prices are all kinds of distorted.
>>
>>10046792
It's a return after someone tore it up you fucking idiot
>>
>>10046787
Weak troll attempt. You don't even buy TMNT toys.
>>
File: 3907.jpg (79 KB, 900x354)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Any guesses on who will be in Wave 9? So far, Flopper7 has made Ultimate of the full 1988 wave basics, most of the 1989 wave basics, half of the 1990 wave basics, 3 out of the 4 disguised turtles (pic related), and random shit from the early-90s. All we need is Don, the undercover turtle, to complete the pic related range, floppiness and all.
>>
>>10048214
this is such a weird arrangement.. the first time they did turtles in themed costumes, but the only theme is 'disguise' so theyre all different.. and their disguises are not very good.

we've seen the beach bum mike prototypes right? Did they include all of his little animal buddies separately?
>>
>>10048265
I think we already have a pretool of Undercover Don, and it's a BBTS Exclusive. The clothshit is temporary, until they further retool Donny with sculpted-on trench coat. Just wait till Wave 9, when Wave 6 ships out.
>>
>>10048306
it is kinda strange they leapt to undercover raph isn't it
and it's not like it was just "ey we have raph, whatever" they actually gave him the accessories from the 1994 undercover raph. Which makes you wonder, when they DO inevitably do undercover Don, will they give him both the accessories from the '94 one and the 1990 sculpted-coat one? It'd be kind of stupid not to.
>>
>>10048317
They'll probably do them separately, just to double dip it. That or sell the Undercover Don accessories in a separate kit a la the Mouser pack
>>
>>10048336
that's just silly
but it would be a good way to give out some of the more obscure versions that don't make a ton of sense as a new figure. just a new head and some weaps
>>
>>10044588
If someone want a decent non-Movie Shredder figure, what's the best pic? Preferably an 1987 cartoon accurate version.
>>
>>10048364
neca's toon shredder is the closest toon likeness at the moment, there are also toon shredders from best axn and... someone else, I forget.
super7 has the toy version, so that's not what you're going for.
>>
>>10048364

Playmates Donatello vs Shredder two pack is your best bet. It's the only 6 inch Shredder (NECA and Super 7 are 7 inch scale and Loyal Subjects is five inch) out there.
>>
>>10048366
The Loyal Subjects features the best toon shredder bar none open and shut air tight, puts the neca versions to shame which don’t even have ab crunch
>>
File: file.jpg (120 KB, 720x540)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>10048367
neca and super7 are definitely not in the same scale with each other, but it's confusing since the super7 style is so chunky it doesn't really fit perfectly with anything else. but then the neca toon stuff also has kinda toon proportions of its own, so it's.. complicated.

and it's hard to advocate any playmates toys, especially this one (which would require this anon to buy the crummy out of scale Don toy as well) given its weird head shape and size, weird torso length, weird floating pauldrons..
>>
File: file.jpg (12 KB, 350x350)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>10048386
>>10048373
this one looks okay and has nice silver coloring, but his hands look tiny. and did the toon shredder always have spikes only on the outer half of each greave? Good weapons at least.
>>
File: file.jpg (564 KB, 789x1200)
564 KB
564 KB JPG
>>10048387
and neca version for comparison.. i'm not sure why he has that weird expression... the cloth cape looks a bit weird to me. they still haven't gotten the collar right on this kind of thing. best axn might actually be a better look, but it is a lot smaller so that's a factor.
>>
Ahhh my chinese turtle van is safely in freedomland, just one state away. this is a lot faster than the shipping promised to be.
>>
>>10048431
Who are you going to pose it with first?
>>
>>10048435
well I don't collect the neca toon figures, only movie and super7, and since the movie ones are WAY too big for it, super7 ones are only like, a tiny fraction too big for it.. I think I'll be sticking with the turtles in there. Everyone else is a bit too tall, it would call attention to the van being out of scale.
but the real question is how i'm going to deck it out. I definitely want to give it some accessories, a jerry can of gas, a fire extinguisher, a toolbox.. and ideally some kind of rear seating option. but i'll have to have it in hand before I can make that decision solidly. i'd LIKE to have like, tiny crumpled empty soda cans in there and empty grease-stained pizza boxes.. i guess the latter would be easy enough to make myself.
>>
>>10048499
oh and I think I will give up trying to find window cranks at that size, retro as they are, because there's no way a self-respecting tech whiz like donatello wouldn't put power windows in there. Those weren't common in the late 80s but they did exist.
>>
>>10048306
They're not going to do a sculpted coat after doing the fabric tooling for that.
>>
>>10048373
You are trolling and an insane person. Because no, the BST version is total trash. Just like the rest of the BST line.
>>
>>10048580
stop replying to no ab crunch guy
fucking stop
>>
File: 5179.jpg (45 KB, 575x412)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>10048317
Now that I think of it, the 1994 cloth-coat undercover turtles recycled the head sculpt of 1990 sculpted-coat undercover don. Makes sense for Super7 to make the head sculpt for the undercover raph, before sculpting 1990 undercover don's sculpted-coat and it's accessories. TL;DR Ultimates cloth-coat Undercover Raphy is a pretool of Ultimates sculpted-coat Undercover Donny.
>>
>>10048600
They're not going to do a sculpted coat.
>>
>>10048600
huh, I did not notice that.. makes sense though, they had the mold, it had the hat.
>>10048607
at most they might do a rubber coat with sculpted sleeves.
>>
File: UNDER1.jpg (671 KB, 990x1056)
671 KB
671 KB JPG
>>10048609
>at most they might do a rubber coat with sculpted sleeves.
Either that, or the existing coat will be modify the existing cloth coat to be more like the 1990 sculpted counterpart.
>Elbow pads over the coat
>Battle damaged bicep
>Spy mic on the collar
>>
>>10048621
the first and third would be pretty easy to do without even modifying the coat. though the pads would make the coat functionally irremovable unless they were also removable.
>>
>>10048621
real spies love squid-ink pizza.
>>
>>10048621
come to think of it, little lapel mics like that weren't very common in 1990 were they? I guess that really was fancy spy gear at the time, not just something youtubers wear while reviewing old cameras
>>
>>10048621
is tha...IS THAT A BLACK PIZZA??!?!?!
HELP IM BEING GENOZIDED THEY REPLACING WHITE PIZZA WITH BLACK PIZZA!!!
>>
>>10048696
this stupid post has reminded me of the thing i noticed once, since pizza is sorta by nature a bunch of colors, whenever a cartoon or a book illustration wants to simplify it down, they have to pick one.. and i find it's usually either red or yellow. red seems more common, looking as if there's little to no cheese.. but the tmnt cartoon did the opposite and made it pure pale yellow even as they eat it, so there's no sauce to be seen. they drew it really gooey too.
>>
>>10048718
most of pizza has yellow as the main color (bread and cheese) what are you talking about.
>>
File: BP.jpg (64 KB, 460x613)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>10048696
You must eat it
>>
>>10048753
go look at a pizza. eyedrop it if you have to
it's baked in an oven, so you don't get a uniform mass of melted cheese. you get every shade of brown imaginable and lots of reddish parts showing through, especially if there's holes made by the toppings, or grease coming off of the meats.
>>
Can someone explain to me again how the fuck did the Turtles toy license bullshit get so fucking bad? Why the fuck is there so many different companies putting out different competing waves, almost all of them dogshit? How the hell did Playmates get fucked over this badly by NECA and Super 7 to let this garbage happened?
>>
Actually Playmates is to blame for the current Hydra-esque oversaturtion and brand confusion crap.

Playmates had a monopoly on Turtle toys and was largely sitting on the license until the late 00s, when Laird got with NECA to do a Mirage Comic centric toy line that was to scale with Marvel Legends and DCUC toys.

Playmates were pissed off that someone else was making Turtle toys, so they looked over their contracts and found they had a master license. Meaning Laird couldn't get another toy company to make Turtle toys based on the Mirage books or in another scale. ANY Turtle toy had to be made by Playmates, no exception and the deal with NECA was illegal and immediately voided.

Everyone was pissed the fuck off, because Playmates by that point was churning out shit toys at that point and the '03 cartoon was winded down and didn't fucking WANT to make non-'03 cartoon toys. Meaning fans who wanted new '87 cartoon stuff or Mirage stuff were fucked and had to make do with '03 cartoon shit and nothing else.

Cut to when Playmate's license ran out. Playmates wanted to keep it, but the backlash over NECA being forced to stop making Mirage TMNT stuff was still in the air. Laird wanted to do right by NECA and using the fact that the '03 toy line didn't sell as well as the '87 toy line, forced concessions from Playmates. Playmates got the toy rights to any future cartoons with the Turtles and could do 5/6 inch versions of the Mirage line plus reissue older '87 toy line stuff. BUT Laird (and later Nickelodeon, when they bought the franchise) reserved the rights to have another company make 7 inch figures based on Mirage and video game versions of the '87 cartoon and the live action movie.

And the NECA lines were so popular that Nick agreed to give Super 7 the rights to remake the '87 toy line as 7 inch figures. Leading to the current hellscape of rival lines flooding the market and making it impossible for casuals to keep up or having one definitive line to collect.
>>
>>10048826
well, first of all, playmates sucks ass
secondly, only half the current lines are garbage, the rest are great, magnificent, everything we could have dreamed of (but with some QC issues) and most importantly, focused on adult collectors.
>>
>>10048826
Playmates were incompetent, greedy assholes that held onto the TMNT license because they had no success with anything else (Terminator, Trek, it all fell to the wayside). So them bottling up the license and not doing anything with it other than re-releases and the occassional new line created a bubbling demand that has finally been released. Think of it like a tapped oil well, spurting high into the sky. The money is a-flowin' and that's why the license is being given to whomever.
>>
>>10045683
How does a mads to order item flop?
>>
>>10046708
Now this is cursed
>>
>>10048306
My guess is Donny will have a sof tgoods coat as well as a plastic one as well as interchangeble arms for the plastic one
>>10048317
I think it's because a lot of people consider trenchant Raphel iconic thanks to the movie
>>
>>10048826
Playmates likes money, those companies offered them money, it's not rocker science
>>
>>10048826
Are you the same retard who thinks Super7 and NECA "stole" TMNT and are claiming it as their own?
>>
>>10048981
Actually they didn't offer Playmates any money. Playmates is losing money on all this, which is why they keep doing all these terrible 2-packs. They're struggling to stay relevant.
>>
File: tmntmir3.jpg (45 KB, 320x615)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>10048847
Uhhh, I mean there's a general correctness to what you stated, but also stuff that isn't really right, at all. Mostly the bit about Playmates discovering they had the master license...no they knew full well they had the master license. That's how they were able to keep everyone else at bay for all those years. NECA kind of did a loophole with their Mirage figures, and it was during one of Playmates' lulls in doing anything (I believe this was right after the CG movie).

They DID get mad about the figures and to counter them, they prototyped their own Mirage figures, which is what shut down NECA's wave 2. These were spite creations and never even saw the light of day. But it was enough of a "we're still using the license" that they could throw their weight around.

And Playmates still had the license, so it didn't really run out on them. It's just that as NECA was wedging open the door to get to do more stuff (at first by playing nice with Playmates and being allowed to do the SDCC sets for a few years). I remember one of the old Pixel Dan and Randy videos where they even had to ask Playmates' permission to do the TMNT Sliders. The popularity of those SDCC sets, I believe, was noticed by Nick, who started to wrangle things from Playmates a bit. It had to have happened really fast, cause after that toon SDCC set came out, I think things behind the scenes went into overdrive when it turned into retail options and the movie stuff, etc.

It was a lot of back and forth and corporate BS ultimately. But Playmates was the eye of that bitter storm.
>>
I bought Super7 Bebop as my first Super7 just because I love the character

...I have now ordered like 8 more Super7 TMNT characters
>>
>>10048970
Brian did a whole segment in one of his videos about how he has to sell something like 10,000 units to break even at the price point they sold it at, and they had to extend the preorder window once or twice to get people to buy in. By the time they go up for preorder they've already sunk the money for designing and sculpting. There's no chance they made 10,000 orders for that thing at that price point, not when the first 4 waves weren't even out.
>>
>>10049008
Actually it was a MASSIVE success. The internal figures were 35k sold (including bulk purchases from stores like BBTS scam site) so please knock off your disinfo trying to discredit based brian. Thanks.
>>
>>10049119
No it wasn't, and that number is pulled out of your ass.
>>
>>10049134
disinfo necashill detected
>>
>>10049119
At 35,000 that means super7 took home 12.5 million profit once you subtract the break even point of 10,000 units. Brian Flynn is a millionaire.
>>
>>10049288
Man you really don't know how business works.
>>
>>10049119
>>10049134
>>10049195
>>10049288
>>10049305
Stop talking to yourself
>>
>>10048977
>it's to remind you of movie raph
oh yeah that makes sense.
>>10048983
it's nice to see a business actually experiencing the consequences of its actions for once.
>>10049007
one of us, one of us. you got em on discount recently, right?
>>
File: archie.png (876 KB, 1264x684)
876 KB
876 KB PNG
Fun video of Veebs, Trevor, and Ken Mitchroney as they just shoot the shit about Archie comics TMNT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LzzZH1Eqlc

Ken even gets to open up the Archie Slash and is thrilled with it. No new news really, other than Ken letting it "slip" that Gary Fields is doing the lettering on the Archie boxes as well. Also Ken will be doing some conventions with NECA next year it sounds like, doing signings etc.
>>
Aaaaa my turtle van arrived. that only took 10 days! and showz store doesnt fuck around, they wrapped it in that garbagebag kinda plastic just in case things got wet on the boat over. plus they included autobot and decepticon stickers.. didn't need those, but good job guys.
I ALMOST threw away the little baggy with the TURTLES letters in it. that was a clever way to dodge trademark violation I gotta say.
>>
>>10049794
what is that pizza joint so I can never eat there
>>
>>10049810
>implying you leave your basement
>>
>>10049824
only for food-related purposes.
>>
Oh the interior is actually more complete than I thought. i'm seeing interior door handles, pedals, working shifter, wiper controls, and nonremovable fire extinguishers. and is this weapon storage on the roof?
i'm currently putting some foil tape on the windows, then I guess I'll be looking for wipers that look good for a 4 inch by 1 inch window..
>>
>>10049860
Post pics anon, let us live vicariously through you
>>
>>10049931
i'm a terribad photographer, I don't think I even have good lighting. but obviously at some point I need to take SOME pictures, because otherwise it's just a box that hides your expensive figures.
I'm going to enjoy tricking it out, that's for sure. not sure what i wanna do about rear seating, because I also want to have the ladder part flipped down (love that that is optional) so the guys in back aren't isolated from the front. need that cozy road trip feel.
promise once i've done something significant to show off, e.g. wipers, i will take some pics.
>>
>>10045720
These were tiny like not even 5 inches tall. Maybe 4. They were dinky and you would easily loose their parts. This was in bout 1996 (here in Canada) and like a month later they released “The Next Mutation” The gundamwing knockoffs didn’t even have enough time to warm the peg. One week I went to get Gundam Leo and all they had was the next mutation or Spider-man toys… I went with Spider-man
>>
>>10050072
you made the right choice. the 90s spider-man toys were excellent.
>>
File: cowboy bebop.png (1.08 MB, 1112x1023)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
I wish he was real
>>
File: 20210516_081656.jpg (203 KB, 1000x1662)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>10050165
Hmm, wonder if the hat'll fit on Bebop...
>>
>>10050177
whoa, what horse is that? it looks excellent. a little small for Don but not bad. if someone wanted to make him a warhorse for the samurai turtles..
>>
>>10050190
Mythic Legions "Balius"
>>
>>10050200
cooool, thank you. man if they had a larger one, intended to be a draft horse or a steed for trolls or something...
>>
>>10050177
It's a Kodak moment
>>
File: farmer don .jpg (162 KB, 1080x1920)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
Its fun to think the farmer TMNT are probably some of the most canon variants
>>
>>10050260
I've been looking over and over at this post and it's not making any more sense. halp.
>farmer TMNT
meaning what. pictures of them from the movie? toys using the accessory pack hat?
canon variants as opposed to what?
>>
File: tmnt01.png (1.08 MB, 1293x720)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>10050266
it was in the movie for like 0.5 seconds
>>
File: 3898.jpg (62 KB, 800x419)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>10050266
and there was a toy
>>
>>10050284
the hat? yes you're right
so what does that mean about canon variants
>>
File: file.jpg (62 KB, 700x501)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>10050286
OH
okay I think I've dug through your ESL and/or sleep deprivation now.
so what you're saying is, the farmer mikey toy has a strange connection to more legit TMNT because Don wore a farmer hat once. oh and there was also a farmer don figure.
>>
>>10049794
Really happy they went with Mitchroney's style even though he only did so much of the series.
>>
>>10050177
>the same table and wall
Necanon, please get a different set up
>>
>>10048214

We need Rat King ASAP
>>
>>10050571
can't disagree. rat king neeeeds to be in the next wave along with one of the frogs. it's just been too long without a rat king.
>>
>>10050290
Why waste time say lot word when few word do trick
>>
>>10050595
alright Kevin, how much time did it waste trying to explain yourself
also be careful with your damn chili, that shit was traumatic.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (161 KB, 1280x720)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>10044588
Did they mention how the Mirage turtles will be released? Will it be two packs, seperate releases or will it be like just two releases with one for Leo and a single turtle that comes with the other threes gear since those three are the same.
>>
>>10050699
Also sorry about the logo it was just a grab from Google images
>>
So who here thinks Super7 is gonna sell Robot Body Krang without Krang expecting you to put the walker Krang in it. Scale-wise I could see them doing it.

I just want Panda Khan right now
>>
>>10050699
Likely the Turtles will be another 4-pack. I guess they could be singles like the rest of the line so far, but no, nobody's said anything so far.
>>
>>10050716
I think they'll include Krang since the original came with one and they almost always include the accessories the original came with but it'll probably only be the default expression.
>>10050741
Ah okay, I'm hoping for singles since it never seems like the 4 packs make it over seas.
>>
>>10050716
Another Panda Khanchad, you love to see it. We'll get him one day, anon. I do think we'll get an android body without Krang but that's going to be one pricey figure, maybe as the "extra" in a future wave.
>>
>>10050699
The Zog figure is fucking great btw, I want a whole fleet of Triceratons on my shelf when this line is through. I've always bashed the toon and arcade lines calling them trash but r*ndy has done an excellent job on the comic and movie lines; they're perfect for superfans like us.
>>
>>10046851
Man, they couldn't have used the lagoon monster or Wolfman for Donnie instead? This looks so meh compared to the others. I get the sceintist thing but, come one, at least give him a clear unmasked head.
>>
>>10050804
I think Donny is pretty cool but maybe that's because all I see is Darkman but as a Ninja Turtle.
The only one of the 4 that bothers me is Leo, mostly because everyone else is the title monster of their movie except him who is a generic hunchback amalgam of Igor and Fritz. That aside the figure is fun.
Didn't they say they have more planned for the sub line? I could see them doing another set of turtles covering Wolfman, Merman, Metaluna Mutant, The Phantom of the Opera, Dr Frankenstein, etc etc
>>
>>10050791
I just want the turtles and splinter, other would be cool but I have limited space and mainly just want those 5 to hang out with my Hellboy and Spawn figures.
>>
>>10050791
>they're perfect for superfans like us.
When you say that it's hard to tell if you're being genuine or not, why is the TMNT like this? Other generals dont have this problem or people constantly keeping up a facade, it's so weird.
>>
>>10050837
I’m being genuine. the nu-necanon or neca gentleman, as I’m called, the anon who has the turtle hoard.
>>
>>10050844
Right, the hoarder that has zero idea of what makes a good TMNT toy. You are to be ignored entirely, you're just a troll.
>>
>>10050837
It's frustrating isn't it? Rule of thumb is anyone using "superfan" is straight up trolling you. If they have to stick to that bullshit to make posts, then they are definitely not worth your time. Especially if they do any of that asterisk posting.

>>10050804
Because they wanted to steer away from what Playmates had done. And it's giving us a pretty cool figure cause of it. We know they have more figures coming in the line, so I wouldn't fret over what monsters could still happen.
>>
>>10050853
It's just so weird, like who are they trolling by pretending to like a toy? Like I understand the people who shitpost about hating a toy because they're trying to get a reaction out of people who like it but what does pretending to like it net you?
It's like a creepy stepford wives situation.
And again other generals don't have this problem, if you like something you like something and if you dislike it you dislike it, you don't create an elaborate kayfabe about liking the toys a bunch when in actuality you hate them.
>>
>>10050286
>>10050290
Just wait till those Turtles get Super7 Ultimates.
>>
Remember Bodacious Birthday Turtles?
>>
>>10050894
I do, because I got clown Mikey for my birthday one year. And I hated it. I absolutely hated it. It was the most terrifying, unappealing TMNT figure I'd ever gotten and it sat on card for a few weeks after my birthday. I didn't want anything to do with it.
>>
>>10050866
Scalies and furries is the answer. They are weirdos of society so tmnt fans, particularly the deviantart comic era ones of IDW, are misshapen maladjusted freaks. Now they have money to buy toys and aren’t dependent on their parents anymore, though I differentiate them and the nostalgia crowd who simply love tmnt because it reminds them of their childhood.
>>
>>10050894
>leo's face when mikey the clown comes out from the back

hahaha
>>
>>10050827
I like Donnie, especially because he looks like Darkman, but I'm worried that coat will traffic cone him pretty hard. Lack of a clear head doesn't bother me because I can just not put the head on. I was going to say it's weird there are a bunch of "invisible" hands when all you need are gripping ones when I realized there were only the gripping ones.
>>
File: file.png (434 KB, 616x561)
434 KB
434 KB PNG
>>10050894
I had Mikey. I think he looked like Homie the Clown. I mean he came with this long ass sock.
>>
>>10050897
What did you end up doing with it? Yard sale?
>>
>>10050938
No I opened it eventually. I distinctly remember the stilt legs. I MIGHT still have it actually, I know I still have my original Mondo and Traag... I'd have to dig around.
>>
File: BBTS Bebop Comparison.png (573 KB, 1426x709)
573 KB
573 KB PNG
Hey Anons,

Can anyone tell me the difference between these two figures?

Is it just a recolour of the glasses/etc. or is there a bigger difference (accessory, etc) that I don't see?
>>
>>10051019
Description just says alternate colorway. But also maybe packaging.
>>
>>10050699
Is that wrap around Raph's arm permanent, or will he have a switchable alternate arm? Seems odd to add something so arc specific like that if there isn't an alternate arm.
>>
>>10051112
no alternate arm. there will be many styles to the turtles coming out, best believe
>>
>>10051019
The one on the right is colored after the cartoon (or at least the style guide), while the one on the left (the "80's" one) seems to be colored after the Playmates figure.
>>
>>10051112
No clue at the moment. We'll know more when they get ready to release them. Hopefully they get a nice assortment of accessories like what Splinter comes with (though he is small).
>>
NECA's Mirage Renet in stock over at bbts
>>
How's Ultimates Baxter? I need some more villains to round out my collection.
>>
>>10051268
Pretty awesome except his weapons don't actually fit onto his arm like it should and his limp wrist
Aside from those I like him
>>
drat, Underground Arsenal apparently glues in their screws. I was going to try to disassemble a little and see if I could get the bomb free. Like it's still nice that it's there, but I'm not sure why it and the fire extinguishers aren't friction-plugging in so they can be removed and used..
>>
>>10050699
in addition to their unique heads, they seem to have unique plastrons, so I don't think it'll be a 'multi-turtle choose which one you want it to be' situation coming with 3 heads. plus you'd have all those extra heads. Plus when have they ever done that, even when mirage turtles WERE identical? how many people would want individual turtles anyway?
>>10050755
yeah i dont see alternate heads for that guy but I hope it has a version of the accessories from the scaled-down version. especially since the original HAD no accessories.
>>
>>10050866
>what does pretending to like it net you?
it gets people to hate the thing you're praising
i had kids do this to me all the time, act like fucktards and then act friendly with me so i'd look complicit in their buttholery. praising pokemon loudly so i'd get shit on more for liking it, that kinda thing.
>>
>>10050894
i got magician raph. I actually kinda liked his hat gimmick. raph really rocks that gallant suit look.
>>10050897
dont blame you haha. what a lame toy.. and no leg articulation?
>>10050936
>extendo legs
wtf that isnt a clown thing haha
also yeah i guess that sock must have been a clown thing back then. homie was hilarious.
>>
>>10051275
my wrist was tight! but his legs were a little loose for his weight
>>10051268
generally great, but yeah they biffed on the swatter-cuff so it's just a handheld weapon now. The wings don't move in any kind of flapping motion, they basically just rotate, but that's also like the original toy. the fly-arms are just awesome though, and while the fly legs could have used more / differently placed joints, they still look good in the classic crouch.
Also they kept the wedding ring detail that was unpainted but present in the original figure. Poor Baxter! Aint nobody gonna marry a fly. shit now i'm imagining some new TMNT series where they have him voiced by Tom Kenny and give him the tragic backstory and obsession with ladies
>>
Mouse Master: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPAKS8nbxkc
>>
>>10051538
>no ankle bend OR metatarsal bend
oh this is going to limit posing pretty hard. also he looks kinda weird, as if someone tried to take the 2012 splinter and fix the incompetent artwork but keep the interesting design.
>>
>>10051576
It doesn't look inspired by the 2012 Splinter, maybe the Michael Bay films.
>>
>>10051584
thee's some of that too for sure
i just meant the kinda unusual color patterning.. the white eyebrows especially.
>>
>>10049119
>BBTS scam site
Lost me right there. How is BBTS a "scam site"? They've been around for over a decade now and consistently fill their orders.
>>
>>10051665
They're not, that guy is a troll and shitposts that same phrase in every thread on this board. Ignore him and everything he says. He's the same kind of tard that >>10050866 was talking about.
>>
>>10051665
Use entertainment earth they aren’t sleazy like bbts. Necanon has investments in the company and his word on the matter cannot be trusted.
>>
>>10051665
Again, this guy >>10051721 is a troll and should be ignored.
>>
Still waiting for Red Sky Seasons Turtles in toy form.
>>
File: FdNarAwWYAAlNuC.jpg (412 KB, 1536x2048)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
Super7 Slash arriving, and as expected, the hips are loose like the other figures.
>>
File: FdNrX_WWIAUWTeK.jpg (556 KB, 1536x2048)
556 KB
556 KB JPG
>>10051829
>>
oh hey i didnt know VW microbus windshields could actually pop out and swing upward. I wonder if that inspired the fold-down blast visor in the party wagon
>>10051829
he looks damn good though. time to bust out the polyurethane, eh
... you know what though, the weapons don't match the armor, and the shoulder armor doesn't have its ropes painted..
nice silver bits though. lookin forward to this guy once he's on sale.
>>
>>10051836
what's that backsplash box there?
>>
>>10051839
>and the shoulder armor doesn't have its ropes painted..
Yeah that's one of those things that Super7 is skimping on more and more. Rocksteady had a bunch of details unpainted, Mutagen Man, etc. The "stick to what Playmates did" look is saving them some pennies.
>>
>>10051829
amazing
the textures and detail on these s7 ULTIMATES! figures are a sight to behold
>>
is Ultimate Leatherhead good?

I like the mold. Just got concerns abou that big ass head of his. Between him and Ray Filet.
>>
>>10051861
what did rocksteady have unpainted other than his wrist bullets?
mutagen man's guts were painted, they just weren't painted the way you wanted.
>>10051868
ray looks a little small to me, and his weapons don't really do anything for me.. plus his little partner, while hilarious, isn't exactly cool. but on the other hand, I swear leatherhead's teeth are more humany than the original. and his turtle accessory is red which is kind of weird, along with the bundle of herbs. what is your worry about his head? that it won't stay up? i kinda doubt it bends downward even when you want it to. if anything I believe it bends upward, so you can lean him into a more hunched position.
>>
>>10051866
You don't know anything about these figures. Quit spamming.

>>10051868
The figure has loose hips and the large head make it hard to pose him. The tail helps though.
>>
>>10051872
Can you post your Leatherhead so I can see an example please or are you just going by hearsay
>>
>>10051872
ohh the WEIGHT of the head
yeah I could see that being a problem, making him want to tilt. but he is tremendously bowlegged. and yeah the tail. i saw a review that seemed to suggest the tail really does assist. I do notice most people posing him standing more upright, though. Which is one reason I think he should have been a little bigger too
don't get me wrong, i'm glad they're trying not to make everyone huge. Muckman had no reason to be so big (almost makes him out of scale with the visible elements on him. though I guess in fairness his uniform IS shredded, and his legs aren't any bigger than human legs...), and bebop and rocksteady could have been a few millimeters shorter with nothing lost.. but guys like Ray, Slash, and Leatherhead I think all needed to be towering over the turtles. Instead, guys like Baxter tower over -them-
>>
>>10051880
It's not hearsay when it's literally on every video review of the figure.
>>
>>10051883
you've watched more than one, eh?
were you comparing to see whether everyone's were loose or only some? i believe the review I watched, one of the line had no looseness problems to speak of.. I think Ray. and he's very top-heavy (though he has those long feet) so that'd matter a lot for him

is it weird that I feel like super7 ought to save some money by hollowing figures out more? they feel really heavy and solid, which is fun and all, but is it necessary for strength? wouldn't a honeycombed interior provide all the stability you'd need, but keeping the weight lower so the joints wouldn't have to suffer so much?
>>
>>10051892
I'm totally okay if they want to do big chunky figures, but they 100% need to rethink the construction of those hips. Bebop and Rocksteady are great looking figures, but even they have fallen over on me cause of the hip pin not being good enough. They need to move over to ball and socket joints or something.
>>
>>10051894
i agree for a different reason. i'm sure they could get the pin hips to work, by simply using a thicker pin. my concern is ... pins fucking break. and these are pins attached to a rotating cut (for doin-the-splits) made in a ball-shaped-for-no-real-reason joint, and then most of them also have a thigh swivel attached just below that. That's a lot of force applied in a BUNCH of directions on that pin.
>>
File: super7 mickey mouse.png (2.36 MB, 1190x1186)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB PNG
I want them to make a giant size turtle
I mean playmate did it back in the day
super 7 makes giant size toy today
why not tmnt?
>>
>>10052227
I mean, the 1:4 scale neca figures are like 15 inches tall... how big were you thinking? The old giant-size turtles back in the day were only 13 inches. Granted they had those chunky proportions.
>>
>>10052227
They'd charge $300 for an oversized mold.

Remember when Toy Biz did 2X size Marvel figures & they didn't somehow cost 6X the price of a normal toy? Companies these days are frauds.
>>
>>10051836
>those fucking slippers

Now that's a blast from the past.
>>
>>10051431
Or just get Phil Lamaar again given how he's the only "regular black guy" VA.
>>
>>10051829
Is he still easy to stand like the turtles?
>>
>>10051829
>No paint on the shoulder armor ropes
>Not even a fucking wash
Guess we know why these are already in stores, must have rushed them out before they were finished.
>>
>>10052564
They weren't painted or given a wash on the image they used to promote and sell the figure, why would anyone assume they'd be painted on the shipping product?
>>
File: file.png (52 KB, 186x138)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>10052598
This looks washed to me. I guess Super7 is moving into the plamo business now, need to paint your toys yourself to get what's advertised.
>>
>>10052603
Their promo images are always either either renders or painted prototypes. And anyone who wants gummy ass paint on their toys deserves a beheading.
>>
>>10052629
While we're at it, get rid of excess joints. Real toys don't need anything but 5PA, anything else is garbage.
>>
>>10051829
sucks that super7’s QC has been slipping but he does look sick. I got him and I’ll probably get scratch and ace duck, otherwise I’ve very happily given up on the idea of being a completionist for this line and will just cherry pick/wait for sales while I wait for anyone else to make the definitive turtles I want. Maybe those fury toys guys’ll do it
>>
>>10051829
Received him and the mousers today.
>>
>>10052629
>anyone who wants plastic on their toys
>>
>>10052561
well I was making an ice king / dr twobrains reference but yeah if it's blaxter then you really just have phil lamarr or kevin michael richardson
>>
>>10052603
someone wanna show the promo render again
>>
>>10051829
>>10051836
That looks sick as fuck anon. I can't wait for mine! Those textures on him look so good.
>>
File: file.png (2.84 MB, 2048x2048)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB PNG
>>10052833
This is from the promo render
>>
>>10052839
hmm I guess they never promised us painted ropes then.
I can do it myself.. and I guess I could paint in Rocksteady's wristbullets.. but man that's a long day with heavy magnification and trying in vain to steady my hands with a tiny tiny brush
>>
>>10052839
I think they should have given him bigger legs like the other turtles got.. or you could keep the hulking proportions, but then he should be bigger.
>>
>>10052953
At the size he's at it shouldn't require a magnifier to paint the ropes unless you have really poor eye sight. It looks bigger than the details on most Warhammer minis
>>
>>10052958
i have very poor eyesight and also monovision implants. I've done some decently small details on transformers, but nothing quite this small.
also the only black paint i have is really garbage, i should get some new shit
>>
>>10053007
Good lord, someone pour some mutagen on this niggas eyes
>>
>>10053008
how do you think they got this way?
>>
>>10053011
Pretty sure you should have superpowers, then
>>
>>10053153
the power to sleep for 12 hours and wake up unable to move for several more hours 8D
>>
then again, it's not as if fuschia wood makes a lot of sense. wood and rope are often the same color, that could just be happening here again with this weird magenta-ass dimension X wood... hell, rope is often made from twisted together plant fiber anyway. could be from the same dang plant.
>>
File: unknown (1).png (269 KB, 700x394)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>10045233
gonna be the neca bonus figure when you buy the next 3 loot crates, and it will be in shit brown idw colors, animation color wont show up until 5 years later
>>
>>10053423
Nothing you said has any merit or meaning.
>>
>>10053464
next time that happens, don't reply
>>
File: Necanon BTFO.jpg (436 KB, 1536x1063)
436 KB
436 KB JPG
>>
>>10053589
interesting, the legs seem to be about the same size.. it's fascinating seeing two different derivations of one toy mold in different lines.
>>
>>10053589
wrecka bros..I feel sick...
>>
>>10053589
I never noticed before the playmates rahzar just has these spiked pads stuck to his thighs with nothing, no straps or anything. I wonder if super7 will 'fix' that for theirs.
the original design has full spiked thighs made of what appear to be tires (spiked winter tires I guess? or spikes placed under the rubber and poking through) and they're strapped on. I love the idea that some foot soldiers were just told PUT ARMOR ON THE WOLF, SNAPPING TURTLE HAS ENOUGH ALREADY and they just used some junkyard car parts but.. imagine rahzar sitting and letting them do that. Should have been Shredder's first clue they weren't gonna be all that vicious. also tokka only gets a few wrappings so he fits in better with the other mutant turtles..
>>
Hope we get a Punk frog per wave so we can finish them quickly.

Would rather that than Turtle variants this soon
>>
>>10053612
Super7 just copies the Playmates figures, they aren't about adding or fixing. Too much extra effort for a line they've gone into autopilot on.
>>
File: FdU9H8QVEAENecW.jpg (1.37 MB, 2001x3000)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
This visual mess is up for pre-order on HeatBoys_Official
>>
File: TMNT-Mecha-Leonardo-017.jpg (350 KB, 1080x1463)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
>>10053849
https://news.toyark.com/2022/09/23/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-mecha-leonardo-figure-484205
>>
>>10053851
Mini van build a vehicle is cute, and I guess shows the scale these are supposed to be.
>>
File: notdon.png (531 KB, 749x652)
531 KB
531 KB PNG
The newly retitled Samurai Animals wave 2 figure is up for a second headsculpt vote on 5ktoys' instagram. Please note this is NOT Donatello. Don't you even think of calling him that. That would be wrong. This is totally not Donatello and this is a completely different Samurai Animal thing. Ok!
>>
anywhere have Ultimate Leatherhead in stock?
>>
>>10053849
I want Shredder from this line.
>>
>>10053855
I missed out on the DreamEX figures and had to buy them at a markup later, so I’m not skipping these
>>
Just got a notice that my Frankenstein April shipped from the Neca Store
>>
Is Ultimate/Super 7 Casey Jones any good?
>>
>>10053849
maybe i'm just used to gundam but the proportions look a little wrong now. like legs too small.
>>
>>10054605
Turtles with long legs would look weird.
>>
>>10054605
Yeah I think Katoki might have infected your brain, the proportions on >>10053849 seem pretty normal.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>10054548

Best Casey figure available imo
>>
>>10054957
Your opinion is worthless then
>>
>>10054932
What the hell is this guy's backstory?
>>
>>10055004

Slash is either an alien warrior who's planet was raped by industrialist aliens, turning him into a bitter and violent eco-terrorist (Archie Comics) or Bebop's super secret pet Turtle who accidentally wandered into some mutagen and turned into a humanoid turtle who was mentally retarded and easily used as a villain of the week on the '87 cartoon before fucking off at the end of the episode.
>>
>>10055004
From the 80s toy:
In an attempt to fight fire with fire, Shredder created the perfect Turtle terror - a ninja nemesis from Dimension X named - Slash. This snarling, snapping mutant menace is the total opposite of our beloved Turtle Teens. He's a crazedcarnivorous cannibal who only eats tender Turtle tenderloin - even for breakfast!
This anti-Turtle teen slashes his way through the sewers on a maniacal mission of mass destruction. Armed with his Psycho Sai and one good eye, Slash skewers anything that's good and green. This mad monster hates everything the Turtles love: pizzas, parties and pranks. Allied with Shredder, Slash won't until he's devoured our green Teens. His spiked knee and elbow pads and horned shell keep Slash a cut above the rest.
>>
>>10054548
It's a frustrating figure that suffers from Super7's inability to do articulation in a good way. The hip is useless and unsightly, but most annoying is the ankles being so limited cause of the shoe sculpt. Makes it hard to do anything with him pose-wise.
>>
>>10054752
naw naw i'm realizing now.. if you pull your knees up to your chest, they should go higher than your sternum. and you should be able to reach below the bottom of your crotch. the arms and legs are just a tiny bit short, which gives the impression of a large torso which kinda suits turtles and their typically chunky proportions.
>>
>>10054926
it's interesting the alt head is kinda more subdued. I think i'll be using the primary head.
it's also rare for one of these guys to have a plethora of perfect weapons. none of them too small, none of them inappropriate for the character.. it'll be genuinely hard to pick.
>>
>>10055012
so really that's a third version of him from the others
>>10055030
this is true, sort of. I don't see how the hips are useless or unsightly, did you mean the waist joint? because yeah, that thing looks like it should have an ab crunch or something in it, but it's just a weirdly gappy waist that lets you see what you shouldn't.
the hips are great. they're just loose. and I sometimes found it a little odd balancing the knee and hip rotations to get everything lined up for a goodlooking bend. and yeah, the ankle limitations were very odd. but beyond that he's pretty great, my main gripe is the golf bag is very hard to get on him (don't try removing the head). and once you do, it makes him so back-heavy he's even harder to balance.
>>
>>10055062
The loose hips are definitely a problem when you get his golf bag on, that seems like another oversight on their part. But yeah, that waist joint. It's like they've never seen how an action figure is made.
>>
>>10055671
Is there a reason the Super7 Casey Jones doesn't have an unmasked alt head?
>>
>>10056059

We never saw Casey's face in the '87 cartoon and the original toy never came with an alternate unmasked head.

Should also note that cartoon Casey was treated as an insane madman who's voice actor did a Clint Eastwood impression for his voice. All of the stuff like him raising a dead woman's orphaned daughter, him dating April, and his friendship with Ralph was cut from the cartoon in favor of making him a parody of stark raving mad maniac vigilantes who the Turtles couldn't stand to be around and tolerated purely because Casey was a useful idiot they could use against Shredder.
>>
>gives us a paragraph explanation about something literally every turtle fan knows
>calls him "Ralph"
>>
>>10056115
BST AXN opted to give him the 2003 head as an alternate, but it does stand out. There's also an upcoming variant with an unasked head that has skull paint on it. But given I rarely even use these alt heads I don't miss it.
>>
>>10056059
Seems like a giant oversight on their part don't it? Especially since they're doing shit like concept parts for Ace Duck.
>>
>>10056059
>>10056898
I'm guessing it has more to do with Casey coming in a wave before Super 7 started getting bold with alternate heads. He's what, 2 waves before Ace Duck? They probably hadn't considered it yet, since the first 4-5 waves stick fairly close to the original figures without any real radical departures.
>>
File: Ralph.png (216 KB, 624x464)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
>>10056059
>>10056898
They should have not just done an unmasked head for Casey, but for Shredder, too. Come on, Super7, these are supposed to be ULTIMATES. As in the ULTIMATE version of the character, right?

>>10056115
>his friendship with Ralph
I had no idea there was a TMNT/Animaniacs crossover.
>>
File: turtlebros.png (247 KB, 500x375)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>10056932
>I had no idea there was a TMNT/Animaniacs crossover.
How could you miss it? Pretty sure it was in season 1 of Animaniacs, bro.
>>
>Casey Jones re-issue with slightly different colors and a new unmasked extra head
That'll be $70 please
>>
>>10056059
it is a little odd since super7 was still in their playful mode at the time, and his prototype art did show an unmasked head. but I guess he already came with enough stuff with all those weapons and the bag.
>>10056127
sometimes autocomprete happens.
>>10056898
oversight is an exaggeration, but i'll say this.. if he had swappable heads, he would have had a different head peg which would make it a lot easier getting the bag on!
>>10056932
I think it's just a name..
>>
File: samuraipizzaanimals.png (394 KB, 895x438)
394 KB
394 KB PNG
We got teasers for the Samurai Animals TotallynotRaphael and TotallynotMichelangelo
>>
>>10057192
it's an interesting reimagining. i didn't know Mouse Master was part of this. it's neat they're all different sizes.
>>
>>10051023
>>10051132

Hey, thanks anons. I was going to pick the colour scheme I liked best but discovered I'm selectively autistic enough that Bebop's glasses don't have a required colour but if his shoes aren't red I'll never be able to accept him on my shelf, so that's new.

>>10055004
Other versions of his on his origin story:
-A genetic mutagen experiment on a snapping turtle, who escapes the bad guy lab, fights the turtles, survives, then comes back later on reformed and helps the turtles.
-Raphael's pet turtle, who Raphael complained to privately causing Slash to hate the other three brothers. He is later exposed to mutagen and attempts to kill the other three turtles, and a ton of shit happens and he's eventually a reformed ish turtle ally.

It's worth noting that while his allegiance and backstory vary quite wildly from each series, his affection for a small plastic palm tree from his original turtle tank is largely maintained in each continuity.
>>
>>10057192
Is that a skateboard? Might at least get Mikey.
>>
New thread:
>>10059488
>>10059488
>>10059488
>>
>>10057183
>I think it's just a name..
I'm pretty sure I've heard Brian or maybe someone else from the company mention "these are the ultimate versions of the character" or something along those lines (paraphrasing) when they talked about the MMPR figures having multiple likenesses for unmasked heads (for example, both Jason and Rocky heads for the Red Ranger). It's not too far-fetched to assume the same type of philosophy would apply with TMNT heads, especially if it's something as simple as just including an unmasked head at all.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.