[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 46 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

File: 3513351139_6111bf04a0.jpg (72 KB, 500x463)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
Discuss your favorites, all toys welcome. I was always really fond of the alien creatures subline. It didnt last long but the few beasts that came from it were incredible. It always irked me that none of these designs saw use in any of the shows. Some could have easily functioned as natural predators and others as Animo's amalgam creatures.
>>
even the silliest of these mounts looks pretty cool, pic kind of related
>>
File: BA27360Alg.jpg (53 KB, 500x500)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
sticking to the original series for a post more, I never had any of the slammers as a kid. honestly I had no clue they existed until long after the original series ended. it seems like they eeked out at the very end. even now im tempted to take the plunge and buy up a set despite the impending economic assrape coming up.
>>
final bump for now, as someone who despised the reboot from the get go, I missed out on the bulk of the line. even once they hit clearance I dropped the ball big time and avoided grabbing them until they were all gone. as of now the onky reboot figure I have is diamondhead, since I found him cheap at five below. I only mention all this because Im tempted to buy the reboot knock off sets that flooded the web while the reboot was still on. For 20 to 30 bucks, getting the entire line up isnt all that bad considering how gimped they are. That and Id like to use a few for custom fodder.
>>
any thoughts on the haywire series? also bump
>>
>>10006201
You really missed out if you ignored the shitty reboot's toys. Now these were the GOOD toys, because of all the articulation they had. It can't be denied that OG was better and was a toy industry success, but they were all 5poa shit under Bandai's run, which is sad because this was a company that made Power Rangers. I'm glad Bandai of America is pretty much dead, they were just awful.
>>10006630
pointless recolor line that justifies my previous statement
>>
>>10006822
Im all too aware of the truth behind the reboot toys now. I only wish I could have discovered that truth sooner and taken aevantage of those sales. As for haywire, I understand the frustration (I remember being so mad it wasnt a line of proper alien fusions) but ive since 2amred up to the,. i've even come to appreciate a few of them.
>>
>>10006902
Did you ignore them because you didn't like the cartoon or did you simply dislike the designs?
>>
>>10006946
both honestly, Im still not entirely sold on some of the designs but they're the best game in town for most of these aliens. Diamondhead is the most passable, which is partially why I bought him. I'd like to get four arms, humungosaur, and XLR8 next. One of my plans with buying the knock offs was using four arms to make stinkarms.
>>
>>10007078
Well, I hope you still find some appeal with the Omni-enhanced, Omni-kix/naut armor forms. Kevin even has 2 of his own omnitrix aliens, which I still feel was a better concept than being another "absorbing man". We even get a good Dr. Animo. Anything Four Arms and XLR8 are greaat choices, but I also recommend Heatblast, Hot Shot, Shock Rock, and Overflow. Rath, Humongousaur, Steam Smythe and Hex aren't bad neither
>>
>>10007177
I was pleasantly surprised by Animo's inclusion in the line. He was one of those characters I was always surprised never made it in the original toyline. Id grab him and hex, but the minor tweaks in their designs are largely off putting to me. Hex especially so, as they gave him an ugly monkey like face. As for kevin, I cant say I'll ever warm up to the idea of him serving as the albedo esc rival in this show. I know some never grabbed onto the absorbing man stuff, but thats what kevin will always be to me. Honestly alot of the changes they made to characters like kevin, charmcaster, and other OS/AF carry overs strike me as odd and undercooked. I appreciate the suggestions though anon. Heres hoping this thread garners some more love in the coming days.
>>
>>10007177
>Draw a Big Chill
>Call it Stinkfly
>>
>>10011556
when they revealed it, i also thought it was Big Chill. I would've preferred it too
>>
>>10011556
the reboot was riddled with retarded decisions like that
>draw water hazard
>network tells you you arent allowed to use water hazard
>keep the exact same design anyways and just rename it, dont even bother with a new color scheme
and how can we forget
>entire alien line up is made to be exclusively bipedal for the sake of making animation easier
>use wildvine and stinkfly instead of swampfire and big chill despite this
>fuck over ripjaws for some reason also
i swear the toyline was the reboot's only saving grace
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (143 KB, 1280x720)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>10011577
but i like Overflow, it's name and design is a clear indication of what it's element is. Water Hazard is a name i never understood and never wouldve guessed it a water elemental on appearance alone. Also we already had Heatblast, so Swampfire would be redundant. Then again things got more redundant anyway in the final season where they replaced some of the roster with 3 "strong guys"
>>
File: DSCF4887.jpg (125 KB, 858x573)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>10011587
you can like overflow anon, but the fact that he's made out to be an entirely seperate alien from water hazard despite looking and working exactly like him is retarded. they could have done anything here. water power would have allowed for plenty leeway for a good design. but they settled on a bargain bin water hazard despite it all.
>Water Hazard is a name i never understood and never wouldve guessed it a water elemental on appearance alone
anon its literally a play on the word "fire hazard". anyways less show talk, more toy talk. who do you have in your collection currently? i made the mistake of getting rid of alot of my UA and OS guys some years ago. So now I just have ben wolf, frankenstrike, ben, lucky girl, reboot diamondhead, and a few others.
>>
>>10011600
it almost sounds like you're ok with redesign but not separate placeholder characters. I mean, Would you really prefer that it be Water Hazard but used that design?
>>
>>10011608
yes, it atleast looks like who its meant to be. unlike stinkfly who is literally big chill.
>>
>>10006822
Still mad about Kraab
>>
>>10006193
holy shit, would really loved these as a kid
>>
>>10013066
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yUZii7uTuZs
I think the alien creatures line was criminally overlooked by pretty much everyone. They made ten in total. Three were based on the original series and the other 8 were all based on alien force aliens. https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure?action=seriesitemlist&id=357&ssid=2
>>
>>10013085
holy shit i had this chromosone one, thanks for unlocking some hidden memories anon
>>
File: 20220829_015311.jpg (1.19 MB, 2520x2064)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
That's it, im posting my collection. This is just some of what i have, but i did buy most of the playmates line except for regular Diamondhead, Cannonbolt, Wildvine and Stinkfly and the various redecos they tried to sell
>>
File: 283845858.jpg (264 KB, 965x707)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>10013099
>that entire collection
anon Im absurdly jelly. especially with regards to that ripjaws and that omni-kit feedback. fuck im happy the thread finally garnered some traction but in retrospect Im extremely upset with some of the decisions Ive made regarding my collection upto this point.
>I saw artiguana, dnalien kevin, and hyper alien vilgax in a thrift shop some weeks ago and passed on them despite having the money and wanting them
>I donated my haywire rath, ult echo echo, and terraspin when I was going through a "im too old for this" phase
>likewise I gifted my benmummy, translucent vilgax, AF humungosaur, and swampfire to a younger cousin
>now Im stuck remembering how I played with that exact ripjaws so often he fell to bits and how I had that dnalien wildmutt until I up and lost him
take good care of your toys anon, you dont know what you have until they're gone
>>
>>10013095
maybe its just me but I think everyone had the chromastone one. atleast most kids in my friend group as a kid surely did.
>>
>>10013148
just buy them again. By then you'll realize why you gave them away in the first place. I mean, what are you saving money for?
>>
>>10006193
> XLR8 and his alien creature
> his alien creature
Implyings he's not an alien creature? Also isn't XLR some kind of audio jack standard?
>>
>>10013942
the alien creature name is dull but really what else would you call these things? even if they took the animo road the line would just be called something like "ben 10 dna mutations" or something.
>>
>>10006193
>It always irked me that none of these designs saw use in any of the shows.
The Four Arms one was used in Omniverse. Grey Matter's walker thing also popped up.

DJW was a toy guy so he liked working those things in. Before the show started airirng he mentioned he was interested in making an episode based on the Haywire concept, it's a shame it never materialized.

But it really is a shame the creatures died during AF. Would have been a great method of making toys of the Nemetrix aliens. Not that I would have seen them ever seeing how that toyline went.
>>
>>10006630
Some of them looked cool but I think they're probably one of the big things responsible for how Omniverse got killed and the end of the original series of shows as a whole.
>>
File: 1839928703.jpg (1.33 MB, 2576x1932)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
here are the remnants from my original collection
>>
>>10014299
I knew about the greymatter walkers, but the four arms beast is new. Can you point me to the episode or just share a pic? Id love to see how derrick depicted them. I knew about derrick's fondness for toys because of his instagram. He had a great collection.
>>
>>10014299
>Before the show started airirng he mentioned he was interested in making an episode based on the Haywire concept, it's a shame it never materialized.
fuck you're preaching to the choir now man, I'd have loved to see that
>But it really is a shame the creatures died during AF. Would have been a great method of making toys of the Nemetrix aliens.
my thoughts exactly, we could have even gotten some of animo's creatures out of it. Omniverse did everything in its power to remain toyetic while also telling a good story. it really highlights bandai america's incompetence with the license in retrospect.
>>10014315
damn I forgot about all that myself. 2014 really feels like an eternity ago now.
>>
>>10014442
https://ben10.fandom.com/wiki/Khoros_Reptilian_Mount
>>
>>10014299
His passing still hurts. First it was he was entirely underappreciated, but now i find out he was a toy guy
>>
>>10014837
if you have an instagram, id advise you to check out his account. it was pretty much all pics of his toy collection and a load of sketches to boot. I wish someone could rip all the pics or archive it. I refuse to make an account just to view it again.
>>
>>10014639
based DJW
>>
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/b3e0005c-1491-49d9-aa4f-1763b67cc31e/dek7417-dd0fa464-b90f-4c56-9d2d-b4024153c918.png/v1/fill/w_1280,h_1015,q_80,strp/cannonbutt_by_insane_mane_dek7417-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTAxNSIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2IzZTAwMDVjLTE0OTEtNDlkOS1hYTRmLTE3NjNiNjdjYzMxZVwvZGVrNzQxNy1kZDBmYTQ2NC1iOTBmLTRjNTYtOWQyZC1iNDAyNDE1M2M5MTgucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.emA90xm2Wipq23cXqGm40mFoySq1w3hsfiG9U3X0RIs
>>
>>
you'd think with the reboot they'd make lucky girl a permanent part of gwens character with all the merchandise all having lucky girl on it
>>
>>10006197
>That grandpa max sumo
LMAO
>>
>>10006193
Found this figure on the ground when I was on holidays as a kid and carried it everywhere for a good year. Had the little visor accessory and everything.
>>
>>10006193
>>10024975
This Wildmutt was one of my favorite toys. It had a motion sensor in the mouth and the front paws would clip together so you could hang it from things and it would roar when you walk past. It was also pretty big which was awesome.
>>
File: 3522950231_1d94aa407d.jpg (104 KB, 488x500)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>10024975
>>10024978
Finally I had a ton of these little rubber figures that came in dissolving bath bomb type stuff. They were incased in spheres of the stuff and you'd drop them in water and it would fizz and dissolve. They had a very distinctive smell that's hard to describe. My mam would take me to the toy shop to get one every Friday after school. Thanks for awakening that memory /toy/
>>
File: 550x550.jpg (52 KB, 550x550)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>10024981
I also had this playset meant for them. It also hat playdoh molds and a Viewmaster type toy in the shape of a microscope.
>>
>>10006193
I hope one day we get a Gwen Tennyson figure that is good
>>
>>10024975
I wish I had the foresight to have saved things like the lenticular pogs that were included with these guys. Its little things like that that always go missing first when you're a kid because you just want to play with the figures themselves.
>>
>>10024981
as did I! I can still distinctly recall the smell. we were spoiled with merch during the OS run. bandai really gave it their all in those days. while I do still wish the figures scaled with one another better, included some more of the supplementary villains (animo, dr viktor, hex, etc) what we got in the end was a very good line. Arguably the best the franchise ever received up until the playmates offerings. Man looking at the packaging art alone for some of this stuff brings up good memories.
>>
File: 8056379027119_B.jpg (73 KB, 910x532)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>10024987
I had it too, I remember leaving all the "scientific equipment" in the box just so I could wheel around my aliens in the rust bucket. If there was one thing the reboot got right, it was the toys, as the new rust bucket was designed with the purpose of carrying around and storing your aliens away in mind.
>>
I was asking some friends of mine a while ago this question and neither of them could come to a proper conclusion. So I'd like to present it to the thread. Do you think Ben 10 has achieved "legacy brand" status yet? It's unquestionably Cartoon Network's most profitable IP ever, that much has just been true for over a decade now. But is it a big enough property that it could support evergreen releases like batman, tmnt, or transformers? That's what I'd like to know. If for nothing else than to just get some affordable merch again. I daydream often about some company coming in, buying all the molds to the bandai america figures, and re-releasing them all in giant 10 packs that correspond to each respective series.
>>
>>10025009
I heard the reboot did well and discussions were happening for the future of the IP
Toy wise, I think there is an audience for older nostalgic fans buying new figures of older aliens
>>
>>10027109
>Toy wise, I think there is an audience for older nostalgic fans buying new figures of older aliens
my sentiments exactly, honestly I think bandai could have coasted off reissues for atleast another year or two. as for the franchise itself I really wonder whats next and if whatever's next will be worth my time. the reboot has its fans but its a far cry from the previous four shows. it doesnt help that the reboot started from scratch.
>>
>>10027109
>>10027223
What's the consensus of the reboot internationally? I just know there were a lot of mall shows, but id never hear a single for Reboot. Pretty sure Omniverse got the better treatment too
>>
>>10027269
that's the thing about the reboot I still cant find any confirmation on. from what I understand, it did well with really young kids. just by going on youtube and looking for the toys you can see that much being the case. outside of that group though, I rarely see it mentioned among the old guard of ben 10 fans. even the diehard fans in places like india or mexico dont even talk about the reboot, the most they acknowledge are the toys. I think theres a pocket of old fans that like it? and thats mostly just coming from fan art ive seen based on the show. but overall the reboot seems to have been quickly forgotten.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).png (1.44 MB, 1280x720)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>10025009
ben 10 is easily the same league tramformers or tmnt in evergreen'ness but while hastak is itself into toys and ninja turtles just as well established
i feel there is a split in ben 10 like they had upgrade permanently merge with a gokart ot become shapeshifting batmobile but i think they only used it maybe 3 times in 3 seasons and i dont think got a toy, yet they completely redesigned stinkfly to make more toyish
and there was lots or talk about a kevin11 spinoff but that would had been reboot kevin who is completely deferent to the original so why bother
and seeing how generator rex has spun in to ben 10 i dont think thats going anywhere
sometimes i think ben 10 is as big as it is in spite of the people behind it
>>
>>10027716
>ben 10 is easily the same league tramformers or tmnt in evergreen'ness but while hastak is itself into toys and ninja turtles just as well established
>sometimes i think ben 10 is as big as it is in spite of the people behind it
You make some good points there anon. honestly you've reminded me that, like Ben 10, Thundercats is just as toyetic yet horribly mismanaged. Conceptually both franchises are as sound and as evergreen as conceivably possible, but the combination of hamhanded studios and ignorant toy companies snuffed the two out time and time again. As for Rex, I dont think it will ever get a second chance. Honestly I wouldnt want it to. His brief appearance in the reboot cemented to me that future creative teams wouldnt have any idea how to write him well. He wound up just as butchered as Ben was really.
>>
>Ben 10
What a 5POA POS.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.39 MB, 741x745)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>10014931
i forgot i have one and why. oh well. not important
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.24 MB, 766x764)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.47 MB, 771x763)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.01 MB, 837x621)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
This is the last of DJW's instagram stuff...that ill be posting today because I just started crying. He was such a geek that had so much to offer
>>
>>10028134
>>10028138
>>10028143
>>10028145
mostly due to stubborness on my part, that and a deep distrust of the platform itself. seriously though anon thanks a ton for these. you really get a taste of DJW's passion for all the stuff he worked on (and the stuff he was a fan of) through these photos. i hope you got to see his sketches too. he's in a better place now.
>>
>>10028161
i find it sad how Jellystone!, Scooby Doo Apocalypse, etc are allowed to exist, but not his version of Frankenstein Jr and the Impossibles. Did he lack some kind of office etiquette or something?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (161 KB, 1280x720)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>10028175
>but not his version of Frankenstein Jr and the Impossibles
was that going to be a thing? its the first Ive heard of it. it sounds like a match made in heaven. Regarding why he wouldnt be allowed to do it I assumed it probably had to do with age and demographics. If you havent noticed alot of kids brands started skewing towards younger ""talent"" in recent years. DJW was unlucky enough to have wanted more work at a time where shit like adventure time beanmouth comedy cartoons became the standard.
>>
>>10028175
>Jellystone!, Scooby Doo Apocalypse, etc are allowed to exist, but not his version of Frankenstein Jr and the Impossibles
That's mostly because the Hanna-Barbera characters get treated like cheap whores who everyone seeks ashamed of for some reason and it's not even a new thing, in the 90s and 2000s CN shows always seemed to shit on the HB characters.
Scooby Doo is the only one that got respect for the most part but even then modern cartoons of that look to the past with shame since they always seem to be making jokes about Scrappy and tropes.
>>
>>10028216
>ywn be rich enough to liberate the majority of HB's from Warner Bros callous grasp
it hurts bros, this shit has happened to literally every cast of classic cartoon characters. Lantz, Avery, Terrytoons,etc.
>>
>>10028072
i think genrex flopped because a toyline needs to work independently frist
you look at transformers nobody needs to tell you why a robot trex is cool what the show realy does is make you what to get ALL the dinobots
meanwhile look at rex and yes in the show he has all the personality he needs to win you over
as a toy hes just some dude
like invader zim merch wasn't sold to fans but to people who liked the merch itself making new fans of the show later on when thet find the cartoon, why'll those who would buy rex toys are only a faction of the of the existing fans who will spend money on the ip
>>
>>10028612
Gen Rex missed a very toyetic element that was right in front of them. You know how he always absorbs nanites from the bad guy of the week? All it did was cure the bad guy, but the only time he gained new abilities was when he got those new blue ones from somewhere.
>>
File: 5148372192_a0381cb5c3.jpg (43 KB, 364x500)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>10028639
good point, it would have been interesting to see him adopt both new weapons and new costumes/appearances (ala megaman )after healing each of the infected. the highlight of the gen rex toys for me were the actual nanite infected monsters themselves. you can only buy so many rexes. that said I wish we had gotten toys based on alpha's mutated alien forms.
>>
I wish more mexican toy collectors would catalog the sheer number of ben 10 bootlegs coming out of mexico. Every piece I've seen has been astonishing to say the least. Even the wonkier ones are charming in their own right. https://youtu.be/QKCRbDQSil8
https://youtu.be/buugM6XqHB4
>>
>>10029108
those licenses were sold to the wrong goddamn companies
>>
>>10029226
I wish I knew Mexico was such a toy capital, but im scared to go there
>>
>>10029235
Ben certainly was in the wrong hands, the problem with Rex and the Secret Saturdays was Mattel expecting both shows to make them as much money as Ben 10 had for Bandai.
>>
>>10029247
same, the worst part is I've know how great their toys are for the better part of the last two decades but Im horrified at potentially being murdered by drug traffickers or something. they make some serious great shit down there though. im not even talking about just their jumbo godzillas and kongs either, theres all kinds of cool shit thats excluisve there. The walmart "adventure force" line for example has a ton of exclusive product sold only there and nowhere else. They made these neato titan hero esc robot dinosaur guys a while ago.
https://youtu.be/ApSa81jYFfQ
>>
File: hbjazwares1.jpg (40 KB, 500x500)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>10029249
Jazwares did a much better job with Time-Warner property. They weren't great neither, but Jazwares got their feet wet
>>
>>10029257
>high end hanna barbera and looney tunes figures never
life is pain
>>
>>10006197
>>
>>10029499
there's so many episodes like this through out the first four shows. episodes ripe for merchandising which never get merchandised. it's enough to make me want to learn how to 3D print shit for myself.
>>
>>10021279
>you'd think with the reboot they'd make lucky girl a permanent part of gwens character with all the merchandise all having lucky girl on it
yeah their unwillingness to give Gwen permanent powers in the 2016 version was mystifying, for the next series(assuming it ends up being another reboot) they should either have her start the series out already having magic or get it within the first five or so episodes

>>10025009
I'd argue yes, since it has a core premise that is both solid enough to be recognizable at a glance while being mutable enough to be easily changed around for new versions
>>
i used to have a two pack of those minifigs that you could swap pieces and make your own alien
>>
>>10029681
Fucked up that's the only toy Ditto ever got
>>
File: image.png (104 KB, 300x168)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>10029576
in the reboot they made a mr mxyzptlk like villain in xingo a living cartoon who can pull ben into the tv but instead used as a one man holodeck hes just wasted on being a cheap clone of mxy
you could effortlessly make
fourarms the barbarian
noir detective diamondhead
secret agent graymatter
but they just didn't
>>
>>10029763
id rather have useful variants like the Omni-kix armors and Omni-enhanced forms. we got enough clothed variants for the TMNT line
>>
>>10013095
>>10013149
Another anon here who had/has the Chromastone one. Only thing that's missing is the "reins" piece. Thinking about tracking down more of these, especially the Fourarms one.
>>
>>10021279
Does the mask come off that figure?
>>
>>10029968
no, atleast it isnt meant to. its glued on rather securely.
>>
>>10029712
for many aliens those are the only toys they ever got, eye guy is one of them. remember thos eblind bag figures that came out around omniverse? alot of the nemetrix aliens only got toys through that. likewise the only fasttrack figure we ever got was through that line too.
>>
>>10030260
that's an ironic surprise. it existed to sell toys, but that's the only toy. Also what were they thinking since XLR8 was literally miles better?
>>
>>10024981
Damn, I remember these. I think I got Upgrade and Heatblast out of them. I loved the smell of them too. It was over 10 years ago but I can still remember the smell to this day.
>>
>>10030940
I actually think Fasttrack was specifically created for that not-mario kart game that came out during UA. I have no evidence for this. Just feels like it’s true.
>>
File: 41CSDPD386L._AC_SX425_.png (132 KB, 393x459)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>10031070
no uaf was just such a pisspoor production they literally could not animate xlr8 right
>>
>>10031243
UA is such an entertaining mess at times. for every cool thing they do, there's a dozen episodes worth of silly bullshit that never gets acknowledged again. Some of my favorite episodes from UA fall into the latter category. "The return of Heatblast" and "The Ultimate Sacrifice" being the most memorable examples. Arguably episodes like ultimate sacrifice could have justified the haywire repaints by having taken the main six ultimates and establishing them as characters of their own. Instead they do what most of ultimate does and they ignore those events as ever having happened.
>>
>>10030940
>it existed to sell toys, but that's the only toy. Also what were they thinking since XLR8 was literally miles better?
you'd be surprised by just how many aliens never got toys despite toys being the lifeblood of the franchise. it's mindboggling how much shit they glossed over for whatever reason. as for fasttrack, I've heard everything from rights issues to strict deadlines as being the reason behind his creation. The worst part about him in my opinion is the simple fact that even Jetray could have been used in XLR8's place.
>>
>>10031041
same here, that strong soapy aroma is burned into my head. i've seen similar toys over the years, but none ever capture that same smell.
>>
>>10031358
both series made me rethink the concept of action cartoons. I liked OG, but i wanted it to be a little more serious. Then we get AF/UA, he'd rarely get the wrong alien, Kevin's good now, Gwen is useful, and they added more mysteries like what happened to Max and whatever else was going on with the Omnitrix. Then I realized how dull it turned out to be. Not just the wrongly hyped Alien X, but Kevin and Gwen were mostly sweepers, then how Ben 10,000 switched transformations with just having powers, that whole arc where they try to find pieces of that thing and that final with the medieval lore which im not a fan of. Then OV came in combined both the fun quirkiness of OG but the action of AF/UA, it brought back vibes of Saturday morning, then one day they binge-aired the whole thing at 6am. I was happy, but I knew something felt wrong about it
>>
>>10014315
Didn’t those come out before Omniverse though? Unless you’re saying that they had an impact going into the Omniverse toy line?
>>
>>10024981
>>10024987
>They had a very distinctive smell that's hard to describe
Man I miss that and remember it vividly, it was this weird soapy/fizzy/ for lack of a better word, “chemically” smell, but definitely not toxic smelling lol. I think I only had diamondhead/grey matter or something, always wanted pic related because I think charmcaster is neat.
>>
>>10025009
>I daydream often about some company coming in, buying all the molds to the bandai america figures, and re-releasing them all in giant 10 packs that correspond to each respective series.
I’d honestly rather some company just make new, more articulated (but still the same size as the previous toy lines) figures that span across every series. Never had the reboot figures but they seemed decent in articulation and detail.
>>
>>10031780
The latter. Toy sales led to retailers dropping them and that is death to a toyetic franchise like this.

Finally found this answe. Derrick attributed the toy situation for the show's "undoing." He doesn't refer to Haywires specifically, but obviously those are what the UA toyline consisted of almost exclusively towards the end.
>>
>>10031912
there it is that what talking about ben 10 needs to go full tmnt alt costumes you can't do repaints in this line nobody want wrong colored fourarms
but the the toyline cant just ad new aliens yah gotta go fashion
>>
>>10031912
It’s a shame, the prototypes for those figures look great too http://ben10omniverse2013.blogspot.com/2019/04/vilgax-ben-10-000-forever-ninja.html?m=1
>>
>>10031830
>"hoverboard" and charmcaster
i love looking back on merch like this. its one of those endearing flubs that all the major toylines have. also wow, what a weird match up right?
>>
>>10031663
yeah you summed up why OV is my favorite installment in the franchise. it took what worked about its predacessors and seamlessly blended both into one really good show. I never understood the backlash OV garnered at first and frankly its so odd to me looking back on it all now how truely pissed people were. I guess by the time omniverse came to a close the people who initially rejected it got around to giving it a chance and happily did so once the reboot saw the light of day. speaking of which, the reboot really left the franchise on uncertain ground. I really wish man of action had the foresight to have made a kid oriented Ken 10 spinoff instead of a ground up reboot of the franchise.
>>
>>10031843
same anon here, I just wanted to add this. in an ideal world Id control that big company and use the profits for a super-poseable ben 10 line. likewise id then use those profits to half-fund a new evergreen line and more poseable figures.
>>
File: s-l1600.png (594 KB, 741x941)
594 KB
594 KB PNG
>pop onto youtube this morning while getting ready for work
>find out about pic related
frankly Im surprised it took them this long
>>
File: Four_arms_game_over.png (150 KB, 432x346)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>10031957
seconded 100 percent of the way
>>
>>10031957
I don't even think repaints are the problem so much as the fact that the stuff they did had no relation to the actual media, and sometimes supplanted the "regular" releases that fans may actually be after. I remember I never saw regular Ampfibian in stores, but I sure saw the green and black one on shelves for months.

Recolors in a line like Omniverse may have worked, since there were a lot of alternate Bens and the designs for their aliens were often recolors. With a little more presence and care, it feels like that would have been a good way to go about it...but then when Bandai did Omniverse repaints, it was just the standard "transparent color" shit.
>>
File: fuk no.png (32 KB, 429x164)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>10032020
>>
File: s-l500 (1).jpg (61 KB, 500x500)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>10032158
>>10031912
Reminder that Reboot also ended with recolors, specifically translucent molds featuring them in their main colors or just all green for some reason. For some strange reason, this wouldve worked Shock Rock, but they just didnt make it.
>>
File: DiamondLaser.png (100 KB, 216x379)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
>>10032763
>>10032158
the problem with recolors is they aren't anything they like an animation errors made toys
if you have to repaint make it 4 of july themed or camo print remodeling
hell you even need to much remodeling a new head and a gun you can make the lazer tag suit the reboot did so often
>>
File: Laserbolt.png (99 KB, 253x268)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>10033102
>>
File: Laser_Arms.png (115 KB, 263x333)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>10033104
>>
File: RathVR.png (582 KB, 623x807)
582 KB
582 KB PNG
>>10033107
>>
its nuts how many Ben 10 bootlegs used to clutter the net just a few years ago and how comparitively few are avalible now. the only stuff I see on sites like aliexpress anymore are reboot knock offs and bootlego sets based off the alien force constraction line. I wish I could buy more of the old bandai based knock offs just for customs.
>>
>>10032759
Shut up barf fag
>>
File: 51inT1t2aQL.png (282 KB, 500x307)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
>>10033962
what is the fucking point of funkoshit when you can just a old bandai fig loose for 2bucks
fuck a mcdonalds toy would be better if you want a desk toy
>>
>>10011600
Frankenstrike, Ghostfreak, Bullfrag and Toepick are like, my white whales of this toyline.
>>
you could easily make and sell model kits for older fans somewhat cheapily

hell with the alien worlds you could full miniature 40kish wargame with all the mounted monsters and vehicles
>>
File: RKhoros_5.png (904 KB, 1000x563)
904 KB
904 KB PNG
>>10034553
it weird how man of action themselves former wirters and artist for dc and marvel but never made any books or novels inhouse

and the universe has so much room to grow
>>
>>10034133
Nobody cares what you think barf fag go post more of your le epic catch phrases somewhere else
>>
File: Vaxasaurian_Models.png (1.03 MB, 1600x971)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>10034592
a imperial knight size Vaxasaurian multipart kit would be tight
>>
>>10034600
oh sorry i didn't know i was speaking to the chairman of the glass homeowners association
>>
>>10034384
yeah same, frankenstrike especially since I love his omniverse redesign. bandai reslly shit the bed with omniverse.
>>10034553
that would be pretty fun honestly
>>
>>10034677
even something killteam sized
techno barbarian queen fourarms and her bodyguards vs a squad of xlr8 commandos
>>
>>10011600
Water hazard isn't a play on anything. It's literally a straight term for environmental water that can be hazardous to you in some way. In golf it's an obstacle, but it can also be something like strong currents or riptides
>>
>>10034600
what's a barf fag?
>>
>>10034609
it's strange how the crew forgot about their ability to grow in size. He wasn't called Humongousaur because he was big
>>
File: UW_(242).png (1017 KB, 1000x563)
1017 KB
1017 KB PNG
FOREVER KNIGGAS WW@

>>10034723
>killteam
There's only one correct faction to play and we both know it.
>>
File: 042957_YouTube.jpg (517 KB, 1280x800)
517 KB
517 KB JPG
due to the sheer number of undocumented ben 10 bootlegs in mexico, I've made it a habit to go through countless flea market/tianguis videos just in the hopes of spotting more. I decided to share a handful from one video I saw a few months ago. I find myself drooling over the bootlegs based on the dna hybrids the most.
>>
File: 042107_YouTube.jpg (55 KB, 450x291)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
im perplexed by that heatblast ball. it looks official but I've never seen it before. maybe it was a mexican exclusive product. the blue guy next to him appears to be some kind of dna fusion design too, maybe a cross between XLR8 and Buzzshock?
>>
File: 440920YouTube.jpg (517 KB, 1280x800)
517 KB
517 KB JPG
close up of the XLR8 guy
>>
File: 044038_YouTube.jpg (23 KB, 277x253)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
and the heatblast ball
>>
File: 041725_YouTube.jpg (492 KB, 1280x800)
492 KB
492 KB JPG
this was the best part of the vid for me. a figure based entirely off the benwolf/benvicktor dna lab hybrid. he's beat up and missing bits but he's still very impressive.
>>
File: 041701_YouTube.jpg (532 KB, 1280x800)
532 KB
532 KB JPG
here's another view of the figure
>>
here's the original design for reference. I'll go ahead and include the link to the vid here too. "blitzvicktor" makes his appearance around the 7 minute mark.
https://youtu.be/j0D6BreUavI
>>
File: 043141_YouTube.jpg (87 KB, 749x549)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
oh yeah and here's a wonky heatblast as a bonus
>>
File: s-l640-1.jpg (64 KB, 564x640)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
I also learned about this line recently, seemingly also exclusive to Mexico. Ben 10 "Supercarz", I love the design of these. The packaging is great too.
>>
File: s-l640.jpg (65 KB, 592x640)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>
and finally the full line up
>>
>>
>>10035845
>>10035847
>>10035849
are those diecast or plastic?
>>
>>10039195
Im not entirely sure, I only found out about them fairly recently. I'd assume they're mostly diecast though.
>>
>>10032763
did kid ever even want the body part swap playsets they always made
or was that just a thing grandmas got the boy for chistmas not knowing any better
>>
>>10039511
my local five below was cluttered with the translucent and omniglitch figures up until a few months ago so I dont know what to tell you.
>>
File: XLRArmBlastDiamondHeat.jpg (174 KB, 791x935)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>10039511
Sure they did, but I think it shouldve been one entire set. If anything, ive never seen kids play with the Alien chambers
>>
File: 81+bwQ6-2QL._AC_SL1500_.png (2.81 MB, 1500x1162)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB PNG
>>10039562
sorry wrong picture i mean the lame ass Alien Creation Chambers they make everytime there is a new show i cant see a kid wanting these
just look what they did to greymatter
>>
>>10039511
Supposedly this is what Bandai wanted to do at the end of the OV toyline, it's why Skurd got forced into the show. Makes me wonder if these ideas or toy concepts or whatever transferred with the toy rights too.

The alien chamber stuff is straight lifted from Bandai too
>>
File: LDtTWA__28450_29.png (584 KB, 1000x563)
584 KB
584 KB PNG
>>10040199
but even then skurd was more themed weapons and tools than full limb swap and that was so much better than>>10039719

christ the more i think about it the more mismanaged this ip seems to be behind the scenes
even with the writers it's one step forward two steps back
building up the lore of all the aliens planets but only on the side
and completely doing away with everthing that made the extended cast work in the os
>>
>>10040287
>christ the more i think about it the more mismanaged this ip seems to be behind the scenes

Reboot ended with 4 series finale movies
>Secrets of the Omnitrix remake, featuring the return of 3 aliens
>that weak new Generator Rex XO
>Boring Ben 10,000 debut, featuring the a new boring alien
>the multiverse one where every Ben could only turn into one thing, and also OG Heatblast
and none of these episodes were toyetic neither, it's worse then what happened to OV
>>
>>10040287
>but even then skurd was more themed weapons and tools than full limb swap
That's how it was implemented in the show, but I vaguely remember it being said that Bandai's idea was limb swaps and they just wanted some sort of justification in the show. It's clear that there wasn't that much communication with Bandai, and I doubt that was what Bandai really intended (particularly because this presumably would have been their late-line lazyness subline, like Haywires, and new limbs would have required effort).

Then again I don't really know anything. We know the bikes from the last arc were meant to be toys, so maybe Bandai was giving them concrete concepts for this stuff too.
>>
>>10040417
and how untoyetic they all were the omni-naut armors just did shit the omni-kix already did or should have done but with less interesting designs

Generator Rex has all problems as a toy he always had being just somedude in a jacket
you could easily fix this AND keep his design unchanged but given him a 2nd more heroic look whenever he's fighting
nothing big mind you maybe shoulder pads boots and a cool mask just something to tell the laymen, This is are hero

and the less said about reboot ben 10,000 the better
>>
>>10040199
>Makes me wonder if these ideas or toy concepts or whatever transferred with the toy rights too.
imagine all the omniverse toy concepts that still havent seen the light of day. I'd kill to see them. since you mention the toy rights anyways I sincerely wonder if playmates has held onto the Ben 10 rights.
>>10040287
yeah, it was especially disappointing how few of omniverse's efforts to be more toyetic and merchandisable basically led to dead end after dead end. you could kind of argue the same thing happened with ultimate in retrospect. bandai's shrewd practices and general ignorance regarding the franchise really is inexcusable in the end.
>>
>>
>>10041868
these guys were so fun, I regret not picking them up when I had the chance. I felt like bumping with images of the various mcdonalds ben 10 figures. pic related is from the first series and saw release in mexico.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
UA collection
>>
File: MHM - Ben10AF.jpg (100 KB, 900x600)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
New Zealand exclusive AF collection
>>
File: Ben 10 McLanche Feliz.jpg (50 KB, 285x400)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
first batch of omniverse promotions out of mexico
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (129 KB, 1280x720)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
my bad I meant to say AF in my last post. here are the mexican omniverse offerings.
>>
and the second wave. as far as I know these are all the mcdonalds promotions Ben ever got.
>>
File: l2c6j0ivwrv41.jpg (374 KB, 1184x1186)
374 KB
374 KB JPG
>>10041883
Crikey
>>10041890
>Eatle still can't eat and it's a fast food toy
barf
>>10041888
But that Malware looks neat, that would've been nice to-GODDAMMIT
>>
File: thirantha-karunathilake-9.jpg (258 KB, 1440x1440)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>10033936
someone made 3d mockups of lego ben 10 minifigs
>>
>>10041980
>>
>>10041982
>>
>>10041983
>>
>>10041985
>>
>>10041987
>>
>>10041991
>>
>>10041993
>>
>>10041995
>>
>>10041999
>>
>>10042001
>>
>>10042002
They're all terrible. Should've made CCBS instead
>>
>>10041980
>>10041982
>>10041983
>>10041985
>>10041987
>>10041993
>>10041995
>>10041999
>>10042001
>>10042002
as someone that bought the entire constraction line I would have loved these. we were robbed bros. the cobi line being so shortlived is almost insult to injury.
>>
>>10041900
bandai made the one 4 inch malware with the swappable arm. good luck finding one for semi-affordable prices though.
>>
Not a huge fan of reboot but I'm still angry Jetray didn't get a toy. The only main alien missing. And no, derpy armor doesn't count.
>>
>>10042368
Eh...Just get the old Bandai one. There really wasn't anything better or THAT distinctive about Reboot's design. Also Jetray is terrible
>>
File: FblOuHPWIAAyiaQ.jpg (139 KB, 1000x1000)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>10025009
i think absolutely.
Its super recognizeable and one of the biggest brands for many years now.

Funko is doing a Pop of Swampfire and a Soda figure of Ben with a Heatblast Chase (although it oddly uses the reboot design on the can?) so maybe Funko finally realized they had the license already for Ben 10 and could make a shit ton of variants and whatever with all of the different aliens.
>>
File: fukno2.png (50 KB, 249x308)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>10042610
get out
>>
>>10042381
It's the principle of thing. You don't make Avengers toys and tell kids to get Hulk elsewhere.

People were complaining that not all alliens got toys, right? Well, Reboot made sure to reduce number of aliens Ben gets. Sure there were guys like Gax or Goop but the main ones - the ones Ben unlocked at start of season making his lose other aliens to keep it ten, the ones that appeared in intro and trough whole season - those were limited. Ten at start, one in second season, three in third one and one again in last one. And all of them got toys until Jetray. Trip right before finish line. It's annoying to anyone who was specifically following that toyline rather than looking for old Ben 10 toys.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (87 KB, 1280x720)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>10042919
principle schminciple. The Hulk isn't a last-minute addition neither. Also what would Playmates do with a character that doesn't really need their articulation? If anything it's a GOOD thing we got the armored version since the regular one is still largely the same design.
>>
File: RB_Jetray_art.png (511 KB, 1000x1057)
511 KB
511 KB PNG
>>10042937
i think reboot jetray is different enough from any bandai fig
>>
File: 500529168596_lrg.png (49 KB, 256x256)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>10042949
and as far as articulation goes jetrays kind of hopeless the skin wing never works in plastic

would do him better if in the cartoon walked on his forelimbs instead and grab things with his feet
>>
>>10042985
a better picture of what i'm thinking for jetrays posture
>>
>>10042610
yeah I noticed, Im assuming its a style guide issue. otherwise its just funko being funko again.
>>
File: hypergroup01.jpg (49 KB, 640x514)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>
File: ds64v9qeiqj71.png (250 KB, 400x400)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
>>
>>
>>10042949
The only real distinction between the 2 is the color palette, but their silhouettes are still pretty much the same. And if the Omni-kix toy indicates anything, both the Bandai and regular hypothetical playmates version would still pull off the same poses. In particular, their neck joints would still be cut instead of a hinge
>>
One neat thing about reboot toys is that they came with accessories, even if they were inconsistent about it. Feels like a waste not to give Shock Rock a weapon.
>>
I guess what annoys me about lack of Jetray is that I know they already molded most parts. He wasn't even announced-but-unreleased toy.

I don't like how Bandai toys have those ugly visible metal joints. Buying old Bandai toy is also bad option for people who don't want Jetray with scratched paint or prefer to keep their figures boxed. Finally, there are kids whose parents aren't computer-savvy so if it's not in store they're not getting it.
>>
>>10043939
still that doesn't mean an old bandai jetray could fill in if you're collecting the playmates line i don't even think their in the same size range
but i'll give you that i'd have a better argument to stand on if jetray got the full overflow overhaul
>>
>>10044171
as much as i kind of love the new reboot aliens i really hate the names they gave them
slapback
shockrock
you just don't get the same "here what he does" effect as heatblast,wildvine,gravattack,etc
>>
>>10044202
He's a rock that rocks, he's a shock that rocks, what do you want? Slappy is kinda eh.
>>
File: Innerv__2850_29.png (919 KB, 1000x563)
919 KB
919 KB PNG
>>10044203
but shockrock isn't electric alien #6 he's the green lanterns homage with energy constructs and anything flavor lezarbeams that do whatever the plot needs them to
>>
>>10044196
>i don't even think their in the same size range
They're not.
>>
>>
>>10043520
>>10043516
>>10043513
I wish I had appreciated the hyper alien figures at the time of their release. these things all look really bad ass in retrospect. from what ivd noticed aggregor and vilgax are the cheapest and most abundant.
>>
>>10044346
funnily enough its kind of a bonus in some instances. bandai kid ben scales in excellently with the aliens for instance.
>>
>>10044352
i'v always wanted to see somebody paint the rocky bits on pic related black as an homage to haywire heatblast
>>
File: BENWOLF.jpg (29 KB, 500x500)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
did any of you grow up preferring the dna alien heroes to the 4 inch figures? I only ask because as I favored the latter for much of my childhood and only came to appreciate the dna alien heroes line after the fact. That said I wish bandai had completed the trio of monster aliens in the alien heroes line. Classic Frankenstrike/Benvicktor and Benmummy/Snare-oh both merited the effort. Looking back on all the Benwolf merch in retrospect really says alot about the impact the monster aliens had.
>>
File: Standing_Overflow.png (118 KB, 314x321)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
>>10046561
ya know why'll dna alien mostly wouldn't work for the reboot an overflow with watergun arms is missed
>>
>>10046561
I too have DNAlien Blitzwolfer and Stinkfly. Big aliens should have the big toys. Didn't really care for "BenWolf", but it did establish that the Omnitrix can acquire new aliens, and the Reboot did reference Ben having Vilgax DNA

>>10046812
certainly, but i wouldnt dare damage my toy with water constantly. at least it comes with water effects
>>
File: Cascans.png (1.06 MB, 1600x971)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>10046812
i can't be the only one who prefers overflow to water hazard
water hazard to me looked like a mid kamen rider powerup a guy in a spadexsuit with a foam rubber chest peice
and with overflow stocky,wider less human person
and just can't compete with a planet of space pirate's
even if he should have just been water hazard from the start
>>
>>10047165
Overflow is a more interesting name than Water Hazard, its design is more fun, but Water Hazard is a lot better in concept. Overflow can create water constructs, but Water Hazard can change water temperature and absorb moisture in the air.

yknow what? they're more awesome together than apart. But Armodrillo is still my favorite Andromeda Alien, in DJW's hands at least
>>
File: Water235.jpg (300 KB, 1602x1280)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
>>10047193
all Overflow needs is the same from of greebling water hazard got ov and to drop the idea of them being two unrelated aliens he'd be gold

i've never been sure about Armodrillo he's cool and all but his jackhammer arms just feel a bit to cybrog
unlike clockwork or frankenstrike where it's clear their whole bodys like that throughout
or nrg and goop where it's clearly a gadget or suit
>>
Considering how heavily Stinkfly was changed, they should have just called him Water Hazard and save controversy but someone probably had a brilliant idea to have Ben start with "brand new alien."
>>
>>10042937
>>10042949
Original jetray figure was pretty weird too. I think the yellow part was just a solid piece so if you moved his arms up in the air, he just had these weird yellow pieces there. The figure only looks good when his wings are tucked like that. Which really sucks.
>>
>>10047884
Oh you, you think people actually like Reboot Stinkfly? We all thought it was Big Chill before we associated the name, then we immediately complained.
>>10047906
Jetray was just a bad idea as a "to sell toys" character because it wasn't designed to be a simple 5poa toy. Cannonbolt too.
>>
>>10048859
Would you prefer if Reboot!Stinkfly was just named Bugspray or something instead of Stinkfly?
>>
>>10049150
Yes
>>
>>10049150
they should do an upchuck and have it so reboot stinkfly is Lepidopterra north and os stinkfly is Lepidopterra south
like have reboot stinkflys live more civilised and relatively peaceful lives in great hives cities
why'll os stinkflys have evolved ot fight off the extreme weather and predators of their climate
>>
>>10047798
i really like this take on overflow it just put the hydrokinesis out front and centre and and kinda gives him proper crab pincers
>>
>>10049291
I mea, Ben getting new alien that is ju blatant Stinkfly rip-off wouldn't be good either. That would just be Fasttrack all over again.
>>
>>10050565
meh just give rook mildish superspeed and have them be the same Species fix fasttrack right up

like bullfrag not a "great" alien on his own but the Incurseans are cool then so bullfrag
>>
>>
>>10051554
I don't even know what Fasttrack was supposed to be, aside from being filler to sell toys it wouldnt have. WH and Overflow were allegedly the same species/character, but they were smart enough to separate them lore-wise. If Reboot Stinkfly retained the previous' optacles and centaur-like build, with a few of its own liberties, we'd get something akin to Wildvine
>>
>>10051604
Fasttrack was made because xlr8 was to hard for uaf's animators to do right
>>
>>10051689
they didnt even need to animate him that much since he's always a blue streak, or maybe they really needed that ease of of humanoid bipedal characters. That whole series was just so dull in many ways
>>
File: xlr8-2942655-normal.jpg (48 KB, 355x500)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>10051693
i think it's more his head and jawline that was the problem
>>
>>10051698
how?
>>
>>10051720
if i had to guess uaf's flatter animation probably ment he'd look awkward and misshapen
>>
>>10051733
even the girl xlr8 in uaf had a flatter and less xenomorph profile
>>
>>10051747
and know that i'm looking she does looks a bit off whenever there's a shot not perfectly from 90degrees to the side
>>
>>10051767
(now)
>>
File: P6250004.png (517 KB, 442x948)
517 KB
517 KB PNG
>>
>>
>>10028145
>came across vid related today
you should brace yourself for this one anon.
https://youtu.be/kH6UxQpnh2A
>>
File: 71w6wa22yl._sl1500_.jpg (117 KB, 1200x1200)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>10052541
I still dont know what to think of these. Unlike the old alien creature mounts, these vehicles feel very on the nose in their execution. there were similar transformer esc vehicles released in the original toyline that combined together to form some clunky super robot and I never really cared for those either. I get the vibe I'd like them more if they were so obviously themed to each respective alien. The heatblast rocket likewise has a cool design but the paint job just kills any interest I would have had in it otherwise.
>>
pic related encompasses the entirety of the first wave of "alien crusiers". they're arguably some of the oddest things to come from that first series. I appreciate heatblast doing the TTGL pose though, despite predating TTGL by a year.
>>
>>10054534
>I appreciate heatblast doing the TTGL pose though, despite predating TTGL by a year.
>the TTGL pose

That's called "crossing your arms," honey.
>>
File: FcFBOw-XgAIoWKF.png (315 KB, 529x674)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
>>10032020
just a mandatory sanding job and a lick of paint and can be not total dogshit
>>
>>10054877
it took so long i honestly think this is a case of funko executiveA makes small talk why'll stuck in a long elevator ride with cn executiveB and the cn guy doesn't want to come off as rude
>>
File: Bubble_profile.png (1.25 MB, 1184x1579)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
>>10006193
Anyone knows if my boy Bubble Head has a toy?
>>
>>10054977
No villains from OV had anything except for Khyber, Malware and Solid Plugg
>>
File: DpPt6RTWkAAsBpO.jpg (149 KB, 680x680)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>
>>10054520
Has anyone gone to that store lately and see if any of his stuff is still there? Apparently he and some others have cleaned them out.
>>
>>10055146
That's a topic: Which character (not Ben alien) most deserved a toy?
>>
>>10056067
Argit
>>
>>10056067
tricky one that kevin and gwen where so gutted and mismanaged from alien force onward and they didn't even bother fixing them in the reboot

gwen went from occasionally moonlighting as her own superhero and instead of give her more thematic and characterfull powers they just drope the lucky girl persona altogether and was left the non-invisible girl

for as much potential reboot kevin had he was never a real villain as far as i see and he really
needed a full alien amalgamation form

tetrax is an easy one but then you have ask why doesn't diamondhead those kind of accessories
but the bounty hunters are good calls if you ask me maybe want to use them more in the show frist but still good

Billy Billions is also a solid pick to and was use a lot more in the reboot

now that i think about it lots of the new villains from the reboot got lots of screen time so could be pretty safe bets if made into toys
lagrange
the magnet brothers
the bug brothers
the forever knight
steam smythe
the weather bots
lord decibel
>>
>>10056187
Honestly very few Reboot villains got toys. Only Vilgax, Kevin, Smythe, Hex and Decibel (I could swear those were villains mostly hyped by games and youtube channells...coincidence?)

Weatherheads have that problem that there is 3 of them and they're very similar to each other which makes them risky. Do you release only one of them? 3-pack?

Lagrange also wouldn't be impressive without a car.

Buggs would easily make a toy though I'm not sure anyone would want them. Knight would be pretty cool.
>>
>>10056067
pretty much every villain that isnt vilgax or aggregor. psyhpon, the negative ten, doctor vicktor, micheal morningstar, the 10,000 versions of animo, vilgax, and kevin. the list goes on.
>>
>>10056067
rojo if they ever do anything with her
>>
>>10056067
the circus freaks
>>
since I was 9 diamond is my favorite ever
the old classic chad from the 10's
>>
>>10056067
Easy: the Nemetrix aliens.
I would have killed for a properly sized Buglizard. All it got was one of those tiny chibi ones that I don't think even released in the us
>>
>>10056187
>>10056219
But Kevin, Smythe and Animo DID get toys. but Forever Knight and Kraab were sadly cancelled for some terrible reason
>>
>>10056196
I don't know why I wrote Decibel. It was Animo that got toy.
>>10057404
High Override of Fulmini/Shock Rocks was for a toy as well but didn't. There was a lot of cancelled toys in reboot, from villains to Ben power-ups to Kevin aliens...
>>
>>10056067
Charmcaster
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>10055146
Goddammit, I dig his design. Then the only way for him to have a toy is by Ben acquiring his kind in the Ommitrix.
>>10056067
Honestly a lot of alien designs are hot fuel for toys. I think Bubble Helmet appeared in a bunch of episodes but I kinda wanted a toy from him. Guess I'll have to dream.
>>
Did Gwen ever get a figure?
>>
>>10066734
Original had as Lucky Girl, she had small Grey Matter with her. Alien Force mostly did Anodite but there was obscure release of human Gwen. Ultimate Alien also did obscure release of her.
>>
File: attachment.png (464 KB, 521x640)
464 KB
464 KB PNG
>>10066734
>>
>>10024981
>They had a very distinctive smell that's hard to describe.
I don't remember the smell, but I think they had a very alkaline taste when I bit into them.
>>
Is Ben 10?
>>
>>10071226
yes

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.