[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Oopy poopsie edition

>Las Vegas Open 2023 – Reveals...
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/23/las-vegas-open-2023-tune-in-for-another-monster-online-preview/

>Downloads; Rules Errata and FAQs:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs

>Tools to Improve Buttlescribe Readability:
https://buttscri.be/40k.php
https://rweyrauch.github.io/PrettyScribe/

>Tool to make unit/stratagem cards
https://game-datacards.eu/

>3rd Party Models Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/UtBbGNpp

>/40kg/ Rules PDF mega:
REBRAND(dot)LY(slash)40KPDFMEGAS

>Got a codex? Upload it here:
REBRAND(dot)LY(slash)40KPDFUPLOAD

>Previous Thread
>>>>87491785

>Thread question:
How are your guys doing?
>>
What is even the appeal of playing something like Emperor's Children or Night Lords
>>
File: ezgif-2-f57c76a47c.gif (7.04 MB, 640x290)
7.04 MB
7.04 MB GIF
First for nurgle
>>
>>87495301
>TQ
>How are your guys doing?
Neglected. I have been building nothing but terrain for months. I have enough terrain to start my own tournament and I can't stop.
>>
>>87495309
>Emperors children
Cope that they get their own codex eventually
>Night lords
They edgy
>>
File: Krieg raising banner.jpg (493 KB, 1148x1440)
493 KB
493 KB JPG
DEBOUT LES MORTS !
>>
File: blackstone fortress.png (399 KB, 440x572)
399 KB
399 KB PNG
>>87495309
Same reason you play any army in this game - it's fun to play the bad guys.
>>
File: shipping.jpg (178 KB, 1920x916)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
4 done, 2 to go. What colours next?
>>
File: Abaddon.jpg (1.12 MB, 1400x2124)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
So, according to Arks of Omen, Abaddon claims that his rebellion is honest. He is fighting for the ideals and principles of the Great Crusade and the old Imperium. The very ideals that the Emperor abandoned.
Is there any refutation for this?
>>
File: helbrecht.jpg (58 KB, 652x830)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>87495339
>Is there any refutation for this?
>>
>>87495339
>Abaddon is ACKSHULLY an enlightened, misunderstood atheist!
This is honestly gayer than femarines
>>
>>87495348
>Worship the Emperor against his command and in direct opposition to the Imperial Truth
>>
>>87495339
Is this gonna be the same thing you always do where you talk in circles with another retard all thread and refuse to listen when they tell you that that's completely retarded?
>>
>>87495339
He fights for what he thinks was the ideals of the great crusade, which can be resumed with "Astartes uber alles"
>>
>>87495339
Abaddon is a cock-sleeve for the chaos gods and is simply deluding himself into thinking his will is his own. His words mean nothing.
>>
File: getthechainsword.jpg (19 KB, 543x386)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>87495354
>Worship the Emperor against his command and in direct opposition to the Imperial Truth
Yes
>>
>>87495354
So is worshipping or using Chaos.
>>
>>87495372
He doesn't worship Chaos. And the Emperor stole power from the gods.,
>>
>>87495339
The Gathering Storm and everything after it only happens in Abaddon's head after he was turned into a spawn.
>>
>>87495331
white and purple

>>87495366
based xenophobe
>>
>>87495366
Yeah
>>
About allied detachments.
Do I now get to use the battle-forged rules from a different codex?
Say I play CSM but use a patrol detachment of daemons, do the daemons get to use their codex abilities too?
>>
>>87495309
>Emperor's Children
best marine colour scheme
>Night Lords
edge
>>
>>87495378
>He doesn't worship Chaos
>Full to the brim with chaos juice
>Body altered beyond what it used to be
>Symbols of chaos all over himself
>He doesn't worship Chaos
Pure delusions.
>>
File: a48.jpg (94 KB, 956x978)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>87495339
>He is fighting for the ideals and principles of the Great Crusade and the old Imperium. The very ideals that the Emperor abandoned.
What did Emperor abandon? The guy just said to his sons "Ok guys this crusade is absolutely fantastic and going very well, but I have to go back to Terra to administrate the crusade and also I have some projects still left over to do. I trust you can handle the crusade while I'm gone?"
I dunno, like everything Abaddon has done in the past 10 000 years, all of the death, destruction and suffering.
And all of it to just fuel the dark gods and to use their power.

Abaddon being some retarded anti-hero is beyond stupid.
It is literally steven universe tier faggotry where genociding maniacs are now cool because they said sorry.
Pic very related, that's Abaddon basically is
>>
should i throw lascannons on my ironstriders
>>
>>87495378
He leads an entire legion that does. And keeps doing the gods' bidding. What he personally believes is irrelevant.
>>
>>87495408
oops, they are too fiddly to magnetize, so im choosing one with weak glue
>>
>https://www.wargamer.com/warhammer-40k/cheap-alternative-rice

>The ultimate Warhammer 40k cheap alternative – rice
Brazilian indie designer Tiago Junges wants to make wargaming more accessible, so he’s begun creating minis from an unlikely material - rice

Is this the future of 40k and wargaming?
>>
>>87495410
>>87495364
Do you know that the Arks of Omen plan was created primarily because the Chaos Gods refuse to support Abaddon unless he surrenders his soul to them? They are actively sabotaging him to pressure him into bending the knee to them.

The weapon Abaddon seeks will aid him in saving the galaxy from mutual destruction and to help him seize the Imperial Throne without becoming a puppet like Horus was
>>
>>87495438
I don't even know what those are and I really don't care. Abaddon leads a legion of chaos worshippers.
>>
File: 1674637802689.jpg (227 KB, 640x788)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>tfw no (you)s for a good edit
>>
>87495446
>good
>>
>>87495339
Yes, the point of the Great Crusade was to unify the scattered human diaspora across the galaxy and provide a united front against hostile xenos and (although only custodes and Big E knew this one) the forces of Chaos, with the ultimate goal being a transition towards 100% safe and secure Webway traversal and the phasing out of Navigator houses and unreliable, dangerous Warp travel.

Abaddon is doing the literal exact opposite of everything the Great Crusade stood for. He's ripping open holes in reality all over the place, actively destroys planets and renders them unusable daemon worlds or covered in Warp Storms, has no plans to switch to the Webway and is literally based out of the fucking Eye of Terror, he is actively destabilizing humanity and weakening them against external threats.

If Abaddon TRULY cared about the fucking great crusade, he would ignore the Imperium and launch his black crusades against all the fucking hostile xenos empires that he would have to deal with anyways EVEN IF his harebrained plan to conquer the imperium paid off. But you don't see that happening, instead of exterminating the Orks and Tyranids and Necrons he spends all his fucking time attacking Imperium armies and preventing them from dealing with even minor players like the Tau.

If Abaddon TRULY embodied the Great Crusade, he would fucking exterminate the Tau to the last man because unlike the Imperium he actually has the freedom to pick and choose whatever battles he wants, the eye of terror is uncontested territory, he's not beset on all sides by 30+ enemies and unable to prioritize one at a time to wipe out. Abaddon exterminating all the xenos and turning 40k in Horus Heresy 2.0 as the final showdown for galactic dominance between imperium and traitors would at least be somewhat understandable.
>>
>>87495446
(You)
I feel you. As a humble OC creator you should do it for the love of it, not the (you)s. I've posted OC, got no (you)s then seen it reposted a year later.
>>
>>87495438
Can't wait for abaddon to be mortally wounded aboard his flagship to then be mounted atop the golden throne to become emperor vol 2. Then because the imperium is the imperium it'll be mucho secreto and no-one will know the emperor was released from the throne to be reborn/become a true warp entity. We had a huge buildup, a lot of humbug and the end result is nothing changed, except the emperor's status in fluff.
This is, obviously sarcasm. I am not a gw whistleblower with authentic leaks.
>>
>>87495453
You're wasting your time - the abaddon fanboy is too autistic to internalize this and will simply reply with "but in muh books he says he's a good guy" while completely ignoring the facts in front of him.
>>
>>87495453
I'm not reading all that shit.
>>
>>87495438
He already bears the marks of the gods. His soul is in their hands and they can fuck him at any moment they want. He's just lucky that he's apparently too useful to get rid of on a whim.
>>
>>87495384
No. You still have to follow all specific army building restrictions.
>>
>>87495468
NTA but you should kill yourself if reading is too difficult for you.
>>
>>87495467
>>87495468
Not even a fucking MINUTE later!
>>
>>87495477
This is an image board, not a novel board.
>>
>>87495461
I'm expecting Vaush to yoink the macguffin at the last second and ascend to godhood, leaving Abdaddon fucked over
>>
File: 1662998956108698.jpg (153 KB, 750x823)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>87495468
abby say he great crusader
great crusade kill orks
why abby no kill orks?
abby not crusader
>>
>>87495339
>>87495468
Carnac why do keep coming here to spew your retarded gay shit?
Even primaris fanboys are less annoying than you.
>>
>>87495485
No excuse.
>>
>>87495469
Abaddon literally can't die because the gods will just resurrect him
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (361 KB, 1600x1200)
361 KB
361 KB JPG
What's the worst conversion you've ever seen?

>It gets worse the more you look
>>
>>87495493
See>>87495468
>>
>>87495498
Sounds an awful lot like the gods have control over him, doesn't it?
>>
>>87495500
Other than the dumb plumes I like it
>>
>>87495492
I hope so. I really do. 40k could do with more minor warp gods, like fantasy has with malal and the horned rat. Doesn't really shift the plot too much, but adds a bit of pepper with the salt.
>>
>>87495485
Post an image then.
>>
>>87495500
>Custodes Armigers with combimelta chainhalberds
I'm gonna be honest anon, that's totally something GW would actually release
>>
>>87495339
>So, according to Arks of Omen, Abaddon claims that his rebellion is honest.
You're cutting out all the context there where he just says it as a jibe against post-Heresy renegades.
>>
>>87495485
you think 2000 characters max is a novel?
>>
>>87495500
I like the concept on these, I just think the plume looks dumb.
Also they need better face masks on the robot heads.
>>
>>87495500
That's definitely up there, but at least there's a good idea behind it. With a lot of harebrained conversions like that it's someone with a cool idea but terrible skill in actually translating their idea to reality somehow. To answer your question though - there are a million and one conversions that are just Guilliman or Abaddon with some bitz glued to them that look fucking awful.
>>
File: 1622527938468.png (7.36 MB, 4245x2002)
7.36 MB
7.36 MB PNG
Has there ever been a recorded theological debate between a word bearer and a sister?
How did it go?
>>
File: 1674544188219125.jpg (58 KB, 640x696)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>87495519
>>
>>87495541
No.
>>
>>87495541
Someone should do Internet blood sports style debates as 40k characters
>>
>>87495469
As ADB explained, anyone can get marked by the gods. It doesn't mean that their soul belongs to them. Abaddon, as per the lore, retains his soul and freewill. He is the exception to the lore. He does NOT walk the Path to Glory.
>>
Abaddon is trash and so is the Black Legion. Lorgar should have been the Warmaster of Chaos and the Word Bearers the CSM posterboys. It would have been a more interesting conflict that is truly Chaos vs Imperium instead of whatever deluded tantrum Abaddon is throwing.
>>
>>87495543
Sounds like a nice date, god I wish this happened to me, minus being threatened with a deadly weapon.
>>
>>87495527
No. That's not the context. The context is that the weapon Vashtorr and Abaddon are looking for is connected to the Emperor/Imperium. The Imperial involvement in the weapon makes Abaddon and his dudes look like choir boys
>>
>>87495558
Room temperature IQ take
>>
>>87495562
>minus being threatened with a deadly weapon.
That's half the fun
>>
>>87495558
Actually, ADB saif that Lorgar is the most deluded of all Primarchs and he wanted to kill him off. He wanted to write it as he is dying he hears the Chaos Gods laughing at him revealing to his eternal despair that he was nothing but a fool.

GW didn't allow that for some reason.
>>
>>87495576
That sounds super gay
>>
>>87495566
Continuously coming up with excuses for why Abbey is so cool and smart and strong is embarrassing. He's a saturday morning cartoon villain and that's the best part about him.
>>
>>87495558
Abaddon is gay, but Lorgar is just a child diddling faggot priest.
So no, Lorgar is even worse.
>>
>>87495558
Lorgar isn't a word bearer
>>
File: image-asset (1).png (268 KB, 560x284)
268 KB
268 KB PNG
When will we get a 40k book written by Chuck Tingle
>>
>>87495558
If GW could go back and rewrite the game they would have probably given Lorgar a bigger role since he's the main undivided primarch and his legion are the main driving force behind chaos worship's spread, however in earlier editions the Primarchs had a much lesser role so making one the face of chaos as an entire faction wasn't something they considered.

It was modern 40k chapter masters like Marines Calgar against 30k manlets who remembered the Heresy like Abaddon as the faces of their respective faction.

Now, after 100 some fucking HH books and the setting gradually turning into dragon ball Z, Primarchs have a much bigger role in the story. But Abaddon was already the face of chaos, so GW are trying to turn him into essentially a chaos primarch and counterpart to Guilliman even though objectively speaking he's just a fucking normal manlet marine with absolutely nothing special about him, he's not even a goddamn Psyker.

Lorgar vs Guilliman would be even more capeshit than the current status quo but at least Lorgar earned his infamy and doesn't pretend he's not a Chaos cumdumpster. The conflict between people who believe subservience to chaos and the dark gods is humanity's only hope of survival versus those who refuse to bow before the ruinous powers and would rather go extinct with their souls untainted is also a lot more compelling than "GRRRRRR I HATE MY DAD I'M GONNA MAKE MY OWN IMPERIUM WITH BLACKJACK AND HOOKERS THAT'LL SHOW HIM!"
>>
New Steel Legion art posted by warhammerofficial

ARMAGEDDON BROS ARE WE BACK???
>>
>>87495309
Thea Look good on the tabletop
>>
>>87495576
>ADB saif that Lorgar is the most deluded of all Primarchs and he wanted to kill him off. He wanted to write it as he is dying he hears the Chaos Gods laughing at him revealing to his eternal despair that he was nothing but a fool.
Only correct statement from ADB and I hate that faggot. His take on Abandon is shit tho.

Lorgar was always a deluded fool and puppet, the gods just played into his insecurities and just told Lorgar what he wanted to hear and Lorgar fell for it, hook, line and sinker, because he is a deluded fool.
Even how Lorgar's fall starts is beyond retarded.
>"There will be no religion or superstition in my Imperium and you will not worship me as a god." Said the Emperor plainly and simply.
>Lorgar hears this then proceeds to go and literally form a religion and makes Emperor, his father, the center of it
>Emperor then rightly punishes Lorgar for his insane retardation, and deliberately going against the Emperor's wishes
>Pic related Lorgar's face when it happens
At that point Lorgar fucking deserved it, it's like your father saying not to touch the stove because its hot, but then doing it anyway as soon as he looks away because you're a retarded child and then you blame him for it even though he warned you
>>
File: 20230125_051653.jpg (443 KB, 1613x764)
443 KB
443 KB JPG
What's the best loadout for a Retributor Superior vs best modeled look for a Retributor Superior?
>>
>>87495576
>GW didn't allow that for some reason.
Wow GW making the smart decision for once.
Here's the thing, Lorgar being driven by delusion, logical fallacy, and emotional magical thinking makes the fact he was right all the better.
>>
>>87495315
Terrain looks so much fun to do but I simply don't have anywhere to put it.
>>
File: didn't reaf.png (247 KB, 480x360)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>87495636
>>87495606
>>
>>87495656
I no longer have a bedroom. I have a warhammer room.
>>
>>87495643
Lorgar was never correct.
He just got duped into selling out his species by bunch of parasites that can and will literally kill him as soon as his usefulness has filled up.

There are no happy endings anon, it is grimdark.
>>
>>87495636
Lorgar had an upbringing of religious indoctrination. Faith and zeal are practically hardwired into him. He was as likely to abandon religion as the Emperor was to abandon atheism. It was only ever going to have one end.
>>
>>87495576
ADB is a retard and GW did well there
>>
>>87495642
The best loadout can depend a little. Either you want to keep her as cheap as possible, in which case you go for bolter and chainsword, or you want to unlock the trinity strat for them, in which case you give her either a combi-flamer or combi-melta, depending on what the rest of the squad got (if they got multi-meltas, she needs a flamer, if they got heavy flamers, she needs a melta). If you're doing Martyred Lady, a hilarious combo is giving her a combi-plasma and using a miracle 1 to blow her up, giving the rest of the squad +1 to hit with their multi-meltas. A chainsword and combi-weapon is very aesthetic too.
>>
>>87495642
>What's the best loadout for a Retributor Superior
The meta changes so quick who cares.
>best modeled look for a Retributor Superior?
The one you like the best.
>>
>>87495636
EoE expands on it more. Lorgar uncovered a horrifying truth about the 40K universe. There is no afterlife. There is no heaven or hell. All souls, except the strongest among them, dissolve into the Warp. It's a painful and horrifying process akin to burning to death. Pain before oblivion.
Strong souls suffer an eternity of torment at the hands of the daemons.
This truth nearly broke Lorgar. And made him bow to Chaos since only they can grant humanity an afterlife and continual after death.
>>
>>87495662
Posts like this should be bannable.
>>
>>87495669
But ist turnend out that big E actually is a god
>>
File: 1660708170524888.gif (1017 KB, 200x200)
1017 KB
1017 KB GIF
>Spent $50 on Dark Eldar Codex
>Don't play game or own models
Was this a good business decision?
>>
>>87495684
He certainly is now. Back then is debatable.
>>
>>87495683
People are allowed to mock your long rambling autistic horseshit
>>
>>87495684
He isn't.
Emps is still anchored to the material plane, he is just a very powerful psyker.
>>
>>87495551
>It doesn't mean that their soul belongs to them
>Chaos Gods consuming your soul? Just walk out!
I guess Eldar never got the memo.
>>
>>87495693
I didn't type those posts, I'm just calling you out for being retarded.
>>
File: 1673947875863482.jpg (189 KB, 738x1133)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>87495691
Faith Powers existed even in the HH. It's unlikely the Emperor s the source.
>>
>>87495693
And people are allowed to mock you for being an illiterate chimpanzee.
>>
>>87495662
Over 20 words is too much for you. No wonder Joe Biden is your president.
>>
>>87495708
>implying anon isn't Biden himself here shitposting
>>
File: image.jpg (323 KB, 2160x1080)
323 KB
323 KB JPG
>>87495628
Might have been in the IG codex, I'm not gonna bother checking.
>>
>>87495339
How would Abaddon look like with his hair down?
>>
>>87495720
Bald. The top knot is an accessory.
>>
Where can I steal a PDF of the Ark of Omens Abaddon book, don't care about boarding actions I just want to read the fluff and I can't beging to imagine it's fluff good enough to be worth forty five of my coins
>>
File: The_eye_of_Terror_2.jpg (307 KB, 1073x1226)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>>87495720
This exact question was answered 20 years ago.
>>
>>87495720
>How would Abaddon look like with his hair down?
>>
>>87495687
Someone answer me?
>>
>>87495732
>Where can I steal a PDF of the Ark of Omens
No James! No!
>>
>>87495741
I always thought that was supposed to be Horus.
>>
>>87495746
I just realized how much like a cop I sounded my bad
>>
>>87495747
Horus was bald. Abaddon has hair. Know the difference.
>>
>>87495680
obviously the solution is to kill slaanesh and seal the eye of terror and then mandate human-eldar breeding pairs so humanity can have perpetually reincarnating souls that remember their past lives like the elves do and avoid disintegration in the warp.
space elf clown pussy is a human right. government -issued vatborn elf waifus purchased en masse from Comorragh will make up for the population difference. turning the Imperium into Numenor in Space even fits with GW being giant tolkienfags.
the eldar get to recover their numbers and no longer suffer from the retarded MUH DYING RACE meme, humans get spiritual immortality and reincarnation, everybody involved gets overpowered half-elf children as a TTRPG staple, and The Old Ones croak with laughter as their 60,000,000 year old plans come to fruition as it's revealed this was their goal all along.

unfortunately this isn't dragon age so impregnating sexy witches to save the day isn't likely to become an actual plot point
>>
>>87495744
It would have been a poor business decision even if you did play games, anon. Codexes only degrade in value with time, like most physical goods, and you'll probably never make economic profit on your investment.
>>
>>87495339
I'm starting to like jobber bad guy Abaddon way more than Mr. "I don't serve the Chaos Gods, the Chaos Gods serve me" Abaddon who gave the galaxy a demonic ass crack to match the anus he lives in.
>>
>>87495744
what do you want us to tell you
I would say yeah if you enjoyed the book. I guess, if you already knew Dark Eldar lore well enough then it wasn't a particularly good buy, if you wanted something with a nice hardcover and pretty illustrations to look out while you think about hot edgy elves then sure why not.
>>
>>87495667
Yes.
No.
You are absolutely correct, but Lorgar is also correct.
God, parasite, these are different conclusions of the same data viewed through different philosophical lenses.
>>
>>87495576
Did ADB's mummy and daddy take him to church every Sunday or something? This dude really shouldn't be allowed near any setting where gods or religion play an important role in it
>>
>>87495754
Well yes, but the guy basically looks bald in the image.
I never even realized there was hair since it blends in pretty well.
>>
>>87495562
There's nothing nice about spending that long doing edge highlights. I did it once and got Tetris Effected and had dreams where I was endlessly painting bright red lines on an infinite dark red plane.
>>
File: SlavesToDarkness.jpg (148 KB, 500x701)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>‘Go,’ said Horus. Lorgar did not move. Layak saw Falkus Kibre glance at Horus Aximand, puzzlement flashing over their faces. ‘If you enter my presence again, the judgment I withhold shall fall upon you.’ Still, Lorgar did not move. ‘Go!’ roared Horus, and the shout echoed out across the plateau like a peal of thunder.

>Lorgar rose to his feet and looked as though he were going to say something, but then turned away.

>‘What of his warriors?’ growled Falkus Kibre from next to his lord.

>Horus turned to look at the ranks of crimson legionaries waiting on the plains below. Then he turned and looked at Layak. Behind the Crimson Apostle, the five thousand warriors of the Unspeaking watched. He thought of all that had been done to him, all that had been taken from him, all that he had done and become in the service of gods that he had never chosen.

>Lorgar had turned to look at Layak. Stone dust had smudged parts of the primarch’s crimson armour to grey.

>‘You are left with one thing that means that you are not a slave – you have a choice.’

>In his mind he let go of the syllables of Fulgrim’s name and felt the bonds holding the daemon’s will break. The Prince of Pleasure gasped, a sound of exultation and pleasure, then lashed forwards, faster than a lightning strike. Blood gushed from Lorgar’s cheek as he fell back to the ground. Fulgrim coiled above him, looking down smiling, raising his clawed hand to lick his brother primarch’s blood from his clawed fingers.

>‘You should never let someone else bear a burden you are afraid of, Lorgar,’ said Fulgrim. ‘It has a habit of creating resentment.’

>Layak looked up from Lorgar to Horus.

>Slowly, each limb and joint moving with considered care, Zardu Layak knelt.

>‘My Warmaster,’ he said. Behind him, thousands of crimson warriors fell to their knees.

>A high, shrill chuckle cut the air as Fulgrim began to laugh.
>>
File: 1672943183595692.png (496 KB, 570x577)
496 KB
496 KB PNG
>>87495680
Orks get an afterlife, lmao
They reincarnate too
>>
>>87495712
The only shitposting Joe does is in his pants
>>
>>87495802
The nice part is spending time with an unkempt pretty girl who shares your interests, and having pretty models at the end is also a bonus.
>>
>>87495817
Orks and Eldar are both creations of the Old Ones so it makes sense they both reincarnate. If you have the chance to make reusable, renewable tools why wouldn't you?
>>
>>87495844
The difference is orks still can
>>
>>87495852
Well yeah, Gork and Mork are still around and would krump any faggot like slaanesh trying to get their grubby hands on green souls. The Eldar gods are all fucking dead and Slaanesh has an intrinsic claim on the entire species, with only Cegorach left to really do anything about it
>>
File: Guilliman.png (687 KB, 665x886)
687 KB
687 KB PNG
>>87495756
You joke but that was most likely Emperor's plan all along.
Like why do think he was making the Webway? Even though there are these abhorrent xenos living in said Webway?

Yeah it was to eventually get humanity and eldar mixed up into one species and make eldar-human hybrid übermensch that are completely immune to chaos just like the Emperor is.

It saves 2 of the most greatest and true rightful ruler species in the galaxy and eliminates chaos as a threat to them as well.
Why do you think Guilliman has a hard time remembering his talk with the Emperor after he came out of the throne room?
Emps told him the truth of his webway plan and plan for all of humanity and eldar, but to safeguard the plan he locked the memories inside Guilliman so he doesn't accidentaly tell others about it or so that no psyker can peer into his mind and see the plan.

You really think Yvraine coming to resurrect Guilliman and helping him was all just a coincidence?
No it was Emperor who was leading Yvraine on after she got resurrected by Ynnead.
And all just so he can get his son to meet his future wife. Lion will be the next get resurrected and then get Lelith as his gf.
Emps will have Russ save Isha from Nurgle, Russ went into the warp to look for the "tree of life", Isha is the goddess of life, and Emperor burned a big part of Nurgle's Garden recently to make the resque easier for Russ. So Russ can then come back to Terra and then resurrect Emps through the help of Isha and where they will become the new husband and wife, the All-Father and All-Mother for eldar-human hybrid kind.
>>
>>87495817
It was a big "holy shit" moment when Makari respawned on Armageddon the first time.
>He’d only summoned me to stop Bullets’ gob. And as I thought it through, I realised that he’d probably been being… is sarcastic the word? Fine, he’d been saying to Bullets. You want Makari back? You care that much about a grot holding a stick? Well here’s one for yer. Only thing was, Ghazghkull’s will was so powerful, he could make a whole person exist just by saying something he didn’t mean.
>>
>>87495865
it would be yet one more thing taken straight outta Dune
>>
>>87495756
Actually based. It is now my headcanon, congratulations.
>>
>>87495868
I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain there's been a few orks going by the same name or having similar memories to a dead ork. It's just impossible to confirm whether that's the same ork reincarnated, whether their memories slipped into the gestalt and some other ork "remembered" them, or whether that ork just never actually died since they're notoriously hardy. And it's not like orks care about small details like that, either.

I could just be having a schizo moment and pulled that completely out of my ass, though. Or maybe orks just believe they reincarnate since the idea of being spat back out of the Warp for anuvver go at it appeals to them.
>>
>>87495812
Why are you posting literal novels?
>>
>>87495865
Doesn't the Emperor's castrated boyslave (Malcolm Door or whatever) even make his own half-human half-eldar castrated boyslave that he constantly clones and tortures to death like Duncan-Idaho because like >>87495892 said they can't stop ripping off Dune?
>>
File: 1670874148249094.jpg (576 KB, 2562x1034)
576 KB
576 KB JPG
>LGS is hosting a 40k tournament, think its one of the first ones they've done themselves as usually we do it ourselves
>Barebones as hell announcement post, no BCP link, no rules pack, no missions, no list submissions
Why yes I will be list tailoring once I see what the guy from a town over are bringing, as they are cunts and need to be trodden on
>>
I believe that Slaanesh could only be ultimately destroyed by someone very sloppy and unprofessional. Any sort of genuine effort put into it would fall into Slaanesh' domain of perfection and wouldn't work. In fact, I believe that Slaanesh could only be killed unintentionally (which paradoxically might be Cegorach's plan)
>>
>>87495919
The Ghaz novel kinda elaborates on it through Makari. If Makari dies, he's dead. But if Ghaz then grabs hold of another random grot and says it's Makari, that random grot is Makari. And it's got all the personality and memories of Makari. It might have lived for years already, but when it becomes Makari he will just think of it is his own life experience.

Imperials find it confusing that several different grots can both be and not be the same person. Greenskins don't have that problem since their superior brains can easily hold two or more contradictory ideas at one time without the slightest bit of trouble.
>>
>>87495944
You don't need to memories all an army's units, just what you choose to take.
>>
>>87495940
Yes, there's already explicitly a canon half-human half-eldar Duncan Idaho knockoff who has a reincarnating soul that remembers memories from his past incarnations. Turning the entire human species into said blatant Dune reference would solve a lot of the imperium's problems and is potentially what the emperor was going for with his plans to uplift mankind as a psychic species immune to chaos and using the webway instead of the warp.
this also goes hand in hand with the implication that Big E purposefully created the SoS in his laboratory as a reference to Siona Atreides and her and her descendants' engineered immunity to prescience.
>>
File: 1674645718104.jpg (454 KB, 595x952)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
>>87495604
Would you read?
>>
I fucking hate Space marines(non chaos) so fucking much
>>
File: SPESH MARINES.jpg (43 KB, 750x600)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>
>>87496063
Based
>>
>>87495604
>>87496039
Sorry anon, but Chuck Tingle just isn't gay enough for BL
>>
File: 5b8.png (112 KB, 600x818)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
Just bought a Slaanesh Start Collecting and a Soul Grinder
>>
>>87496063
I like space marines because they are cool.
They might be vanilla, but there's a reason why vanilla is popular, it just works very well.
>>
>>87496063
Same but I hate CSM even more.
>>
File: 1674608776159247.jpg (211 KB, 1200x1665)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>87496063
>>
>>87496063
>>87496101
I absolutely loathe all but space marines. They hould be removed from the game and setting.
>>
File: Ferrus wheel.jpg (86 KB, 849x589)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
I only like marines from the pre heresy, I like pre heresy marines post heresy but if they were made during or after the heresy I don't like em.
>>
File: c08.png (1.35 MB, 813x768)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>>87496108
>>
I'm just going to say it. Chaos is way cooler without Chaos Space Marines.
You know whats cool? Turning to the chaos gods out of desperation to gain the dark powers necessary to resist the unrelenting might of the imperium's super soldiers after you rebelled against an inept but imperium loyal planetary governor.
You know whats not cool? Falling to chaos because you are edgy and have daddy issues.
>>
>>87496128
I see the odds are finally even
>>
>>87496128
Ninja effect
Armies if space marines means a fuck ton of them dead
1 Space marine means hes gonna wreck everything
>>
>>87496133
Know what's cool? Being an Ork
>>
Astronauts
>>
>>87495865
Is it ethical for the Emperor to impregnate Dunmer women?
>>
>>87496128
>SM focused novels be like
>>
File: admech_primaris_turn02.gif (575 KB, 500x478)
575 KB
575 KB GIF
>>87496156
Superior
>>
>>87496164
It's ethical for you to kill yourself
>>
>>87496156
Nasa
>>87496166
Buzz Lightyear
>>
File: odds.gif (1.41 MB, 498x253)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB GIF
>>87496128
>"Wes got ya surranded 40 ta wun"
>
>>
>>87495433
No, people play the game because they think the minis look cool. I don't want to play with rice
>>
>>87496174
>nasa
More like NAMBLA lmao
>>
File: 01-01 (3).jpg (44 KB, 800x800)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>87496174
Squat
>>
>>87496151
Oh for sure. If the Gretchen Revolutionary Committee had some more official support they would be my main army.
>>
File: 1674531022905855.png (6.2 MB, 2052x1928)
6.2 MB
6.2 MB PNG
>>87496156
Squats are great and I love them.
>>
>>87495562
Just makes it hotter honestly
>>
>>87496186
kek.
>>
>>87496164
Only if he doesn’t abort.
>>
>>87495500
The Plums should be multiple mounted on a sashimono style back banner on each one of this riggers. Aside for that nothing wrong, maybe the haft could be longer and maybe it could be a bit slimer, but that is nitpicking.
>>
>>87496164
Why wouldn't it be?
Genuinely asking, I know nothing of Dune besides Worms and God Emperor
>>
>>
>>87495551
>It doesn't mean that their soul belongs to them.

Goes against like thee decades of lore in both w40k and WFB. And then people wonder why regular fans think new lore is stupid. But then again after SW, ST, WoT, LotR, new Marvel and DC, why would anyone be suprised that the new lore is stupid.
>>
>>87496216
He’s referencing Todd in the picture and Tiber Septum’s impregnation of a Dark Elf female.
>>
>>87496226
Ahaa.
It's actually Todd Howard crossed with Gabe Newell actually.
>>
>>87496216
Dune is massively overrated. The only good thing about it is the anachronistic empire in space which 40k does better anyway. Frank Herbert was also a retarded hippy who thought oil was going to disappear around the turn of the century. As a result his story is pretty retarded too.
>Verification not required.
>>
>>>/vg/416013253
Is he right?
>>
File: FnUJwCQXgAAyOVP.jpg (628 KB, 1520x1900)
628 KB
628 KB JPG
You suck at painting
>>
>>87495408
It's the only options. Auto cannons are not worth it
>>
>>87496248
I know
>>
>>87496247
Stop advertising your general
>>
>>87496248
I don't feel like spending 5 hours on backpack 1/87 in my space wolves list, so I suppose I'll continue to suck at painting
Also the prime layer was fucked up on his and you can plainly see the grain, 4/10 try harder next time
>>
What is it like having a little sibling that’s taller?
>>
>>87496247
he says death guard, world eaters, and thousand sons don't count as more marines so he's clinically retarded
>>
>>87496261
I've never heard more cope, denial, envy and seething in one post. Lmfaoooo
>>
>>87496220
Someone has a very basic understanding of latin here. Absolutly no one would use humilitas in a vow or phrase ment to be a guide for an order/cloister or even a single member of clergy (like a bishops motto). And castitas even more, so, it is ritual purity as ordained by the church. Only a protestant or a bong could cobble such a motto. Removing lating from the curriculum was a mistake.
>>
>>87496247
Yes except for all of the stuff he's claiming was avoided was never happening anyway.
>>87496248
Needs more saturation everywhere.
>>
>>87496275
>You suck at painting
>I know and I don't want to get better because it's not worth my time
>Lawl cope see guys he's coping xdddd
>>
>>87496246
>Show me your under the age of 35, without showing me your ID.
>>
>>87496273
it doesn't really change anything, sibling dynamics are established pretty young and persist long into adulthood. even among identical twins the "older" one by a few minutes often stays the "older brother/older sister" their entire life
>>
>>87496248
.Yes. So bad I don't even try it anymore.
>>
>>87496292
I'm actually 35 and it's "you're" btw.
>>
>>87496261
that's quite an aggressive response to a light hearted jab, guess it really struck a nerve
>>
File: IMG_20230125_061000.png (3.62 MB, 2495x2588)
3.62 MB
3.62 MB PNG
>>87496278
>>
>>87496246
40k fans talking about Dune is literally the "What have the Romans ever done for us?" scene from The Life of Brian but without a drop of irony
>>
>>87496290
I was referring to your pathetic nitpicking attempt at criticism lmaoooo
>>
>>87496128
>>
>>87496220
I don't hate it.
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>87496278
>>87496309
The lesson you're teaching is not the one I'm learning
>>
>>87496273
Simple. my confirmation, was in 1987. The entire family chipped in to go to an import store and by me a tape recorder. This was a huge thing as it required using foreign currancy (which you couldn't buy or sell, but could own legaly). My sister had her confirmation in 1991. 2 years after communism ended. She got a bike, new watch, camera, new bed, tons of clothes and a new two tape casset recorder AND money as part of her confirmation gifts. I feels a bit like that. Ah and all people who skipped the 80s (when my country run out of food) are a head taller then those that were growing up durning what we call the lost decade.
But it REALLY stings if you met someone whose family fled west. Now we all are mid 40-50. The westerners are taller, richer, often better educated, with pensions that will be x3-4 times higher and young wifes/gf. While ton of us never got married, because why would you marry a short, poor guy instead of a young tall rich one or a westerner.
>>
>>87496248
timestamp, free btfo opportunity here senpai
>>
>>87496273
what book is that from?
>>
>>87496335
It's from WD.
>>
>>87496332
I don't think flameon has any interested in showing off his skills on 4chan of all places.
>>
File: Zeitstempel_01.jpg (1.43 MB, 1858x2409)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>>87496332
>>
>>87496312
>"What have the Romans ever done for us?" scene from The Life of Brian but without a drop of irony
This is a very strange example if you actually look at history. Not surprinsing you'd like Dune.
>>
>>87496348
what is this for and what does it do
I want one
>>
>>87496352
It's a time stamp
>>
>build thousand sons list because want to branch out
>end with 2 termies, 2 dreadnoughts and 5 characters for 2k points
This cant be right
>>
>>87496274
But those are Chaos Space Marines. It's completely different
>>
>>87496322
I finished one of the best lower clergy seminar in the world. Followed my education with the study of theology and multiple archive courses done in Mediolan and the Holy See. I think, I do have a basic grasp on latin.
>>
>>87496356
So you use the switches to change the text, depending on language and part of the day, and when it stamps it stamps the right time that is on the clock. It's charming, fits 40k to me, since computers killed this thing.
>>
>>87496371
>>
>>87496348
It has to be a post or rail office one. Aside for some military archives or some state mandated illegal activities, I don't think any document in any of the german archives required to have a stamp which allocates an hourly date to it. For that you had books. Interesting device and thank you for posting it anon.
>>
>>87496364
Was talking about 87496309's post. Tries to make the latin anon look dumb but it just makes the listener look dumb instead. Hence:
>the lesson you're teaching (latin anon is dumb)
>is not the one I'm learning (the listener is dumb)

>latin
aqua means water
ignis means fire
>>
>>87496375
Holy shit that's fucking stellar, it's not just some numbers it's an actual clock, fuuuuuuuck Imma change my pants
>t. mechanicum
>>
>>87496248
You can suck my dick
>>
File: images (33).jpg (29 KB, 923x332)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>87496196
anon those are not squats.
>>
>>87496314
>Shitty grain making an otherwise phenomenal paint job look bad
>Nitpick
And you're calling me the copium huffer
>>
File: Ool.jpg (80 KB, 500x631)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>
File: z98lfgqef0051.jpg (148 KB, 1334x750)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>87496178
>dealing with an ork that can count past 5
Holy shit that sparse mango is so fucking dead
>>
>>87496391
Post models
>>
>>87496331
And random lesbians on the internet try to tell how communism is the best thing ever
>>
>>87496220
>literally just Diet Sororitas
I fucking hate it
>>87496320
You have no taste.
>>
>>87496399
communism lead to some fine firearms in one way or another
>>
File: 1672162724730770.jpg (80 KB, 506x500)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>87495301
>How are your guys doing?

Shitting at school rn hbu
>>
>>87496379
Yes, if someone tries to talk like a cave man "Me go make fire, heat wood" then maybe that kind of latin could be passable.

But here we are talking about latin used by civilised people. One can't just pick a word, like lets say "death", crack a dictionary and put down the first word one finds (and not just because death, or something death related, is like the 7-8th meaning of every 5th latin word).

One has to check what word is used with other word groups. Can the word be used to describe a men, or is it only for animals or innanimate objects. Then if it is used for men, then what kind of men. Is it a military word, a word used to describe state officials, maybe clergy? Are you using a neologism created by a specific writer (like Cicero LOVED inventing words), then you have to use the writers groups, as you have to show that you know the words. Then the form is important. No " I dick big" , you have to use a specific form to both underline your education, its level, your personal status(and potential status of the person who is going to be able to read it with understanding) and ability to bedazzle the reader by using an interesting word form . Like at first a seemingly simple ACI, but joint within the same sentance form with an Ablativus Absolutus, and with a dash of some "future in the past" word play. Make the slightly educated person question his knowladge(did you make the error, is this form above him, can he judge it?), while the regular educated person can enjoy text from a person they know went through the same levels of schooling, and are in fact , as jews like to call it, a Mensch.
>>
>>87496397
I accept your concession
>>
>>87496402
More than you.
>>
>>87496441
>Doesn't post his essay in latin
Look at all that text I won't read.
>>
File: dtxgzez2zj5a1.jpg (93 KB, 745x1041)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>87496441
>"Ius Havus una biggus dickus" - Arch Bishop Priapismus during his annual Procession in High Gothic.
>>
>>87496442
Absolutely triggered
You will never be a good painter no matter how long and how hard you try.
>>
>>87496357
that sounds about right I'd you're running a bunch of daemon princes and Magnus and the expensive dreadnoughts. Arks of Omen detachments can be full skew lists
>>
>>87496316
Man someone wasted their time thinking about this
>>
>>87496479
It was a fun little tongue in cheek tie-in to dawn of war for white dwarf's 300th issue , why would it be a "waste"?
>>
>>87496451
Prove it
>>
>>87496441
multum illud
>>
>>87496493
Because some clear effort was put in it for rules that people would read, chuckle and move on
>>
>>87496331
Better to have a taller sister than a taller brother.
>>
>>87496505
I'll be playing it this weekend
>>
>>87496475
>He thinks this is some sick burn when I already said as much
You already conceded, but I accept your second concession
>>
>>87495890
Is this you >>87495311
>>
>>87496495
I don't like squats
>>
>>87496518
You win, you're a shitty painter who is envious of a superior paintjob and are coping by nitpicking. Great victory.
>>
>>87496441
Vos non erit femina
>>
>>87496539
>You win
Thanks for finally accepting it
>Nitpicking
Still coping? Pathetic
>>
>>87496441
nimium diu non legitur
>>
>>87496528
Neither do I, bitch. And seeing how you bor only like femarines but want them to be Diet Sororitas to boot, that puts your tastes way below mine.
>>
>>87496507

yeah, she brings tall western guys and your mother always asks you why you didn't get married, like your sister or why you couldn't be like one of her BF. It is great.

A bit like telling a GK player that he should be happy about point drops "fixing" his faction. When everyone else got point drops and big rules buffs on top of that
>>
File: pepe.jpg (92 KB, 1200x675)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>87496545
I'm coping because you're a triggered envious paintlet? Lmfaoooooo
Pic related. It's you.
>>
>>87496505
I used them to mess around with for fun in casual games when they came out, which is their intended purpose besides just poking fun at bolter porn
>>
>>87496555
Like the sailor that envied the peasent for his life. The painter envies that what he does not know.
>>
>>87496549
Not really.
>>
File: 1673290447913618.jpg (35 KB, 602x198)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>I showed you mine now you show me yours
>>
>>87496551
No-fap, now.
>>
Are the claws on the Destroyers as flimsy as the ones on the Flayed Ones? I want to make some FOs but the kit looks like garbage, thinking about messing around with some Destroyers or sculpting my own.
>>
File: FkXJDOLWIAMD3nq.jpg (212 KB, 1152x2048)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>87496573
>>
>>87496586
Except yes
>>
>>87496603
Not really.
>>
>>87496605
I accept your concession of defeat
>>
IA FAQ is up
To the faggot yesterday that said the mecharius vanquisher would get buffed to have turret weapon and ignored invulns
Get fucked, I was right
>>
>>87496609
Not really.
>>
>>87496331
That’s rough buddy
>>
>>87496331
mucho texto, didn't read
>>
File: 1672988464063049.jpg (321 KB, 800x1200)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
I think I like Aeldari
>>
>>87496248
Compared to that, yes. But I will keep trying.
>>
>>87496649
They are cool.
Sad that GW constantly fucks them over tho.
>>
>>87496639
Mate, I'm starting to think you're mentally impaired. Get yourself a TTS program.
https://speechify.com/
>>
>>87496649
Fag
>>
File: Xenos versus Anyone.jpg (16 KB, 165x161)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>87496658
You get used to it after a while.
>>
>>87496649
Eldar
>>
>>87496649
>>
File: 20230125_081201.jpg (677 KB, 3024x4032)
677 KB
677 KB JPG
God fucking dammit I notice so many things I've missed now that I've taken a picture. Whatever, still my first army so I can have that as an excuse.

And yes I understand the comedy of painting gray for Tau, its an honest to got canon Sept color scheme!
>>
File: pepe sad.jpg (116 KB, 1024x1024)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>87496700
It be like that...
>>
File: 1673445666186843.jpg (122 KB, 1080x1102)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
They just put out yet another version of the MFM, changing nothing except reverting the points drop on plasma inceptors, who are now back to 60pts a model.
>>
>>87496716
Cool bases anon. The paint's a bit thick and the grey could use more highlights to make it pop more, but the scheme is cool.
>>
File deleted.
>>87496716
>I notice so many things I've missed now that I've taken a picture
The human eye is fickle to exposing visual flaws while the machine is truly reliable.
Is there a term for this kind of thing where the camera exaggerates the visual flaws of something?
My miniatures (non-Citadel at the moment) are not very well painted but the camera always makes them look worse without fail.

Still I'd try to use that as motivation to do better anon. Keep practicing and you'll notice an improvement of your later miniatures compared to those miniatures.
>>
File: IMG_20230125_072225.png (4.95 MB, 1665x4643)
4.95 MB
4.95 MB PNG
>>87496441
>>
>>87495331
Neon Pink
>>
>>87496731
>That can't be true, I naively think to myself
>double check
>it's true
lol
lmao even
>>
>>87496742
Thanks. Yeah I'm very glad I got these 3d printed bases sent over. I don't get much enjoyment out of basing but this really helped. And I do believe I've had problems where I apply another coat without letting the previous one dry enough (or go over one without realizing it.) I'll try some more highlights.
>>87496744
Thanks. And maybe it just has to do with the fact its zoomed in and not moving. At least they look decent on the table.
>>
>>87496700
>Xenos versus Anyone.jpg
>>
>>87496716
Someone ejaculated on your bases anon.
>>
File: 1325654713652.png (17 KB, 247x239)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>87496769
>Vior'la getting a win in a 40k art piece.
>>
>>87496731
BUT I JUST BOUGHT 18 INCEPTORS REEEEEEEE
>>
File: zTtNHuX1GiA.jpg (166 KB, 510x680)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>87496779
>>
File: liar-liar-comedy.gif (322 KB, 220x220)
322 KB
322 KB GIF
>>87496776
>>
File: 1552434510786.gif (29 KB, 101x170)
29 KB
29 KB GIF
>>87496776
Y..your cum looks like that?
>>
>>87496776
If that's someone's cum then it is pretty chalky...
I recomend a doctor.
>>
>>87496744
Depth of field and lighting can really change a photo. Capturing an image faithful to the natural eye is actually an art/technique unto itself.
>t. Photographer
>>
>>87496784

Its funny because literally milliseconds later that Chapter Master is reduced to slag.
>>
>>87496769
isnt the ghostkeel supposed to be a prototype bleeding edge suit
>>
>>87495604
three books in and he's already back on dinosaurs, he's run out of ideas
>>
>>87496747
Kek
>>
>>87495683
Posts like this should be bannable.
>>
File: 1660585798920.png (3.65 MB, 1800x2271)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB PNG
>big mclargehuge fuckoff robot with only melee weapons
>costs a quarter of your fucking army in points
>two attacks connecting kills a motherfucking Redemptor outright

*gets charged by a decent melee unit*
*dies before hitting back*
>>
>>87496788
That actually explains a lot in a small amount of words.
Thank you photographer-anon.
>>
>>87496798
Yeah but its cool looking, and more feasible than 3 Riptides.

I don't think the 40k artist know a single thing about 40k other than being told "you draw this fighting this."
>>
>>87496805
Learn to screen fag
>>
>>87496405
Led to a lot of junk weapons, too.
>>
File: 20230125_133235.jpg (615 KB, 3071x1374)
615 KB
615 KB JPG
>>87496597
They are slightly thicker and more robust but not by much. Maybe like 1mm, it does make a diffirence to its sturdiness but is still fragile.
>>
>>87496805
Give knights a stomp ability like overwatching but with feet to defend against charges. It's fluffy and fair.
>>
>>87496812
I do like it, I was just wondering shouldnt the tau have advanced a bit more with it being m.42
>>
>>87496716
I just can't get over the mental block that grey painted minis look unpainted to me.
Like, I can see the shading and the details and even the other colors. But my pattern seeking mind instantly associates that range of grays with incomplete paint jobs. Like it's waiting for you to add another color.
>>
Will Vulkan ever return? It’d be nice if Bobby G had a brother to lean on in these difficult times.
>>
>>87496841
I'm the same way.
>>
>>87496731
me lmaoing at everyone who bought inceptors to spam
>>
File: PsykersNEW01.jpg (104 KB, 920x950)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>87495301
I'm sad that they're gone.
>>
>>87496810
Its the idea behind the whole "the camera adds ten pounds" saying, angles and lighting can make or break a photo. Another thing to keep in mind is that smartphone cameras, while versatile, are usually designed with social media pictures in mind, which is to say selfies and pictures of food. This means they usually have some form of cheap macro lens that is going to try to pick up small details and textures more. Everyone who displays their models even semi-professionally most likely has a designated camera and mini-studio/showcase area designed to make the model as flattering as possible and then passes it through a post-production editing software like Adobe Bridge or Photoshop whereas you're just snapping a phone pic out of a fridge.
But at the end of the day those flaws your phone exaggerates are still there, you're just seeing them more clearly/exaggerated in your pic
>>
>>87496858
they just like me fr. What models r they?
>>
>Nearing the end of a 40k audiobook
>Can already see how the ending is going to play out, don't like it
Big load of disappointment.
>>
>>87496805
Option 1: Give it Landstrider
If you're a freeblade lance give him the second warlord trait to steal House Terryn's tradition for rolling an extra d6 during charges, dropping one.
Option 2: As freeblade give him the tradition for +2 to honor count and take Lay low the Tyrants.
Have a fucker with +1 honor banner/WT on the field and keep him safe.

Congratulations, your gallant can now come from reserves (possibly turn 1 if you can get two traditions with the Exalted Court on Imperialis knights, can't remember right now) and auto-charge with the Virtuous ability or just roll that 3d6 counting 1-2 as 3s. With the reroll you need to pull a 6 out of 6 dice or just roll the 5+4 combination.

If you go for the +2 honor thingy you can skip Landstrider, make him the +2 honor bitch (since you get the extra honor even if he's not on the table) and just make sure you don't drop from your starting 3 before he shows up.

His threat range is "just" gonna be 6"+ the charge from the table edge but that's already enough to threaten a lot of objectives on the table and will keep him safe from your opponent's alpha strikes.
>>
>>87496873
What are you listening?
>>
>>87496872
bruh they be the wyrdvane psykers no cap
>>
>>87496873
I'll shoot a Big load of disappointment in your fat ass.
>>
>>87496858
>lord comissar gone
>regular psykers gone
>veterans and conscripts gone
Thank you GW for streamlining the game, wouldn't want other people than the limpdick majority to have fun.
>GW dickmove
>this sucks
>le shill brigade "who cares lol?"
Let the boat sink
>>
>>87496891
Wraithbone Phoenix. On Chapter 36. Got about an hour and a half left, probably gonna finish it tonight on the way home.
On a more pleasant note the narrator seems quite good.
>>
>>87496905
>the narrator
Looked it up and saw it's Harry Myers. I agree, he's very good.
>>
>>87496731
Get wrecked Primaris.
>>
File: 1674654113617278.png (672 KB, 920x950)
672 KB
672 KB PNG
>>87496858
>>87496872
>>87496893
>>
File: 1652732279543.gif (1023 KB, 500x361)
1023 KB
1023 KB GIF
>>87496731
>make primaris to make SM players buy again
>okay what do now?
>*plan-so-cunning-you-could-put-a-tail-on-it-and-call-it-a-weasle.exe
>change primaris units points back and forth
They got you good
>>
>>87496805
the larger Knights still only having a 3+ save and no wound caps means they will forever be fucking jokes, it's kind of lame that your best use is sitting back shooting while screened by a dozen armigers who can actually fight shit in melee somewhat efficiently.

When someone spends 600 points on a single model they probably don't want to just use it as a backline buff bot
>>
>>87496715
>3rd strongest eldar player.jpg
W...whos the strognest?
>>
>>87496944
>I feel the warp overtaking me yo, good pain tho fr fr no cap
>>
File: 1595467186176.png (484 KB, 680x408)
484 KB
484 KB PNG
>>87495301
>Plasma Inceptors back to 60 points
Lmao they didn't even show up in lists this weekend wtf
>>
File: wL5N3ZXf0q5ngIoT.jpg (182 KB, 1000x1020)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
In case any traitors here needed a reminder:
>First Founding is a luxury coffee table book full of artwork and lore on all nine loyal First Founding Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes – including entirely new illustrations. It’s a must-have for any fan of Space Marines.
Loyalty is its own reward, but it does not go unrewarded.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/25/black-library-celebration-2023-scintillating-tales-from-the-worlds-of-warhammer/
>>
>>87496649
That's Eldar, this is Aeldar
>>
>>87496836
No because if the Tau were to keep advancing at the level they've been advancing previously, they'd have to do a complete line refresh.

And that wouldn't be very fair for the Space Marines now would it?
>>
File: commissar blammin.jpg (16 KB, 394x289)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>87496944
>>87496973
>psykers begin speaking in tongue
>>
>>87496991
Look at Yvraine's FAT FUCKING ASS
>>
>>87497018
then you've also got tasty wych midriff in the background. shame the ynnari are a fucking DOA faction
>>
>>87497003
>No because if the Tau were to keep advancing at the level they've been advancing previously, they'd have to do a complete line refresh.

would it though, I don't think the T'au have logistics to deploy say their new bleeding edge suit on every front.

It'd be like expecting the germans to all have STG 44s
>>
>>87495322
I thought it was well understood that everybody was the bad guy
except based exodites
>>
>>87496814
>screening
>on the army with only LoWs
>>
>>87495309
>Night Lords
Being the only player in the country.
>>
>>87497039
>'ate Chaos
>'ate Orks
>'ate trespassers
>Luv me dinos
>Luv me planet
>Simple as
>>
Still not buying it, shill.
>>
>>87495461
My IRLcanon reads this post as a real GW leak.
>>
>>87497037
Well a huge point of the Tau was they were reaching technology at a fraction of the time it took the Imperium.

Which has since stalled out baring some "oh now we can make rail rifles more reliably" stuff, for obvious gameplay and tabletop model reasons.
>>
>>87496832
CKs have a dread effect where all charges against them are halved, while they themselves have good movement and charge range. It's "weird" that knights are squishy and fold when hit in melee but they do have tools to make sure they're always hitting first, and very, very few things can survive the melee weapons of a knight and live to hit back.
>>
Tyranids need to eat all the Tau
>>
>>87497072
didnt come out that they got a lot of their fusion and ion weapons from the notSquats too?
>>
>>87497086
Wrong, Tau need to eat all the Tyranids.
>>
File: Dwarf trains.jpg (2.84 MB, 868x7661)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB JPG
>>87496156
Trains
>>
>>87497072
yeah but I feel like the T'au making new suits gives them excuses to have new shit better than nids or necrons who have similar reasons to have new stuff.

It'd be neat if a T'au etheral was a reformer and thought the t'au relied to heavily on tech so they should go back to rugged simplistic weapons
>>
File: Slaanesh Daemon Prince.png (1001 KB, 1000x1000)
1001 KB
1001 KB PNG
>>87496991
>>87497030
I wonder what they had planned for the Ynnari before they cancelled those books.
Something awful written by Gav Thorpe for sure, but I can't imagine what the third act was supposed to be after getting their metaphorical hand cut off by Darth Vader's hologram in cloud city.
>>
>>87496961
My desecrator is a bull in a china shop whenever he manages to make contact. Helps if he managed to snipe something with the laser to get the 5+ FNP early on though.
They only really have D3+3 to be scared of. Against D2 and D3 you can pop the -1D strat and as Herpetrax which is what I play them as it's 16 wounds (through a 5+ fnp) before I am bracketed.
>>
>>87497088
Not sure about Fusion but Ion yes. They retconned the Demiurg to be Votann.
>>87497101
Eh, high tech look is a big theme of the Tau. I would rather they go "Hey maybe we should start considering melee, since we got Fusion Blades and Onager Gauntlets."
>>
>>87497030
Druthkhala was a bitch tho
>>
>>87497086
>>87497090
Compromise, the kroot eat the tyranids and become a unstoppable horde that sweeps across the galaxy consuming everything in its path
>>
>>87496590
Someday I will paint a squad of manlets exactly like those
>>
>>87497088
NTA but only Ion tech. Also, the Squats intentionally gave them crappy (by their standards) tech, fully knowing they'd still be pleased with it. Any tech advancements from that point is all them.
>>
>>87497088
>Created all of their growth by creating knockoffs of scavenged Demiurg tech
They really are the space Chinese
>>
>>87497144
B-But muh gunpowder and fireworks
>>
File: Wanna_eat_sensei.png (296 KB, 729x387)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>87497086
I need to eat.
>>
>>87497149
Be reasonable, the Tau are not a representation of dynastic china, they are clearly the CCP. If you want dynastic china you gotta go to that other warhammer setting.
>>
File: ezgif-5-4819f4bfe1[1].jpg (122 KB, 1042x636)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>87497160
Are the Squats their Soviets?
>>
>>87497125
Kroot are my favourite part of the Tau. Gnarloc vs Squiggoth should be the meta
>>
Who's the biggest jobber on 40k?
>>
>>87495604
After his game comes out.
>>
>>87497196
>>
>>87497108
Well it ended in Ynnari realizing that the sword is in the palace of Slaanesh.
So my guess is that the Ynnari would just all try and get it back.
Is that a completely insane idea? Yes. But it is the simplest conclusion to make.

My guess would be that the Ynnari are either succesful and actually get the sword and Ynnead gets summoned.
Or more likely since this Gav Thorpe, most of the Ynnari besieging the palace would die, Yvraine and Visarch (since both have recent models GW sells then) and maybe some other important Ynnari would survive but they still get the crone sword and manage to get out of the Warp.
They might ask Imperium for help since Yvraine has connections with Guilliman.

And all of those ynnari dying and Yvraine finally getting the sword Ynnead would be awakened fully and then brought forth to protect the eldar.
And then it either kills Slaanesh outright, or since this is 40k Ynnead manages to beat up Slaanesh a bit but ultimately not killing Slaanesh.
But this still allows eldar to reincarnate probably.
>>
>>87497176
guardsmen are the red army, squats are literally just dwarves in space complete with the obsession with mineral extraction and fine craftsmanship
>>
>>87497196
Lucius or Avatar
>>
File: MalcadorInfernus1.png (1.11 MB, 1095x481)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
Local and isolated conflicts are almost always more interesting than grand campaigns that decide the fate of the entire galaxy.
Lore libertarianism.
>>
>>87496991
Giraffe neck ho
>>
>>87497228
Correct. 40K is better when it's small and contained. Applies to tabletop and why I hate Knights and named characters.
>>
>>87497221
He means how the Soviet Union gave so many places the ability to make their guns.
>>
>>87497196
>Facial expressions
Isn't that a mask she wears?
>>
>>87497228
This is the reason 40k works as a setting, and not as a developing story.
>>
>>87497196
Angron gets farmed for a weekly loot lockout like fucking past expansion content in an MMO so I'm gonna go with him now, at least when Avatars of Khaine get destroyed it's not literally the same avatar getting his ass beat each time, they're all different people possessed by the shard.

Also that moment where angron got the nails ripped out and begged and pleaded for mercy will forever taint world eaters
>>
File: 20230125_152937.jpg (49 KB, 346x203)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>87496858
>be psyker
>be trained on the unspeakable horrors of the empyrean
>shit got so surreal that you take out the steel anyway
>>
File: vz07TJgp3ZWVIpO9.jpg (152 KB, 1000x778)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
For the two anons who keep up with this series, do you think Kyme will deliver?
>>
>>87497214
Slaanesh has had the last sword since Gathering Storm.
The Ynnari series ended with every Ynnari champion including Lilith, Yvraine, multiple Phoenix Lords, and a Solitaire getting bodied by a single Keeper of Secrets. Then it was revealed the KoS wasn't even there and had just sent a shadow clone with a fraction of its real power to fight them.
So the idea of the Ynnari, who just got their asses kicked by a fraction of a single KoS, laying siege to Slaanesh's palace which would be full of other KoSs as well as who knows how many other daemons, just comes off as utterly absurd.
>>
>>87497228
Thats why I almost always refuse to use Special Characters.

I don't want to play super duper big bad/good guy on my table. It makes it feel like its no longer an isolated conflict.
>>
>>87497246
>Also that moment where angron got the nails ripped out and begged and pleaded for mercy will forever taint world eaters
Wut...
>>
Is the HH heavy flamer compatible with regular 40k firstborns? The only way to get one is the sternguard veterans and I need 4
>>
>>87497240
Imperial Knights might have worked if it was two, three Imperial Knights and the rest house hold infantry that's mostly just cannon fodder.

But rather than do that to fix the issue of anti infantry weapons against a knight army, GW upped and completely overhauled the entire rules and made everything worse.
>>
>>87497228
>>87497228
Actually, isolated is the wrong way to put it. Since every world is connected to to others in some way, conflict there will have repercussion else where. You just don't see it.
>>
>>87497246
Should we make a SNK Eren edit of Angron?
>>
>>87497243
Wraithbone is a malleable psychic plastic.
Normal Eldar armor will instinctively harden against impacts and soften for greater agility as needed, with some suits even adjusting the wearer's aim as they're shooting.
>>
>>87497246
>Also that moment where angron got the nails ripped out and begged and pleaded for mercy will forever taint world eaters
It didn't happen but I wish it did, the more primarchs get ridiculed and sodomized the better
>>
>>87497214
>But this still allows eldar to reincarnate probably.
That's not more Grimdark. More Grimdark is saying that Ynnead offers the Eldar freedom from an eternity of torment at Slaanesh's hands by giving them... Nothing. Oblivion. Destroying their souls utterly upon death. Depriving both Slaanesh and the Eldar of their immortal souls.
It would explain why the majority of the Eldar went back to their Craftworlds or Commorragh and only the most devoted cult stays adherents of Ynnead.

And the first scenario is even less likely because GW had already given up on killing off Slaanesh (if that was ever their real plan) long before those books for published.
>>
>>87497266
In Echoes of Eternity, ADB turned Angron into a weak little bitch that just begs and cries pathetically when duelling Sanguinius because ADB simps Sanguinius hard.
>>
>>87497196
that's an eldar male btw
>>
>>87497261
We could get a payday/ocean's eleven heist into the palace of slaanesh led by the officio assassinorum teaming up with a harlequin troupe to recover it. I want to lose my sides at a Callidus using polymorphine to transform into a daemonette and put on her best bimbo valley girl accent while seething internally that it's necessary for the job.

also I want to see a Solitaire and Culexus compare notes on cool skull helmets while everyone from both groups is fucking weirded out by them as soulless deviants
>>
>>87497282
This is how I Angron.
>>
>>87497256
We have more chance to gett new tanks with a underside than Kyme writing a remotely decent story.
>>
>>87497243
Stop taking horny fanart for serious, Anon.
God knows doing so has caused enough grief already.
>>
>>87497308
>Eldar traps are lore accurate
wtf I love eldar now
>>
File: Necron ravage T'au city.png (3 MB, 2305x1293)
3 MB
3 MB PNG
New official art of Necrons assaulting a T'au city from the Trazyn loremaster video
>>
>>87497214
>>87497261
They've setup with Godblight the idea of Guilliman being possesed by the Emperor being able to enter and fuck up a Chaos God realm (using a traitor primarch as a Trojan horse).
After Nurgle and Mortarion, I wouldn't be surprised if this is how Angron is BFTO with Khorne by the Lion. The easy answer to "omg he can't be banished".
The last sword could be part of that when the time for Fulgrim and the EC range refresh comes.
>>
>>87497299
Ynnead's version of the afterlife has already been described as I recall. Some sort of hivher state of being in which every Eldar soul collectively experiences all sensations at once, causing them to effectively leave reality imand enter a new pseudo-reality.
Both major Eldat prophecies end with the Rldar race effectively going extinct.
>>
File: psyker.jpg (590 KB, 999x895)
590 KB
590 KB JPG
>>87497254
Gotta have backup when you roll a 1 for your power.
>>
>>87497302
I don't think I've read a single bit of lore from ADB that I've enjoyed
>>
>>87497348
Man, I gotta stop phoneposting too quickly.
>>
>ADB bad
obsessed
>>
>t. ADB
>>
>>87497368
>how dare people have and share an opinion different to mine
>>
>>87497297
uhhh it definitely happened and it's as pathetic as it sounds with Angron feeling cucked and jealous that Sanguinius is capable of the red thirst without needing artificial support like the nails or khorne's influence
>
The Lord of the Red Sands – Angron, I remember, I remember now, I am Angron – feels his skull creaking, stretching; then a crack, a crack that paints the back of his eyes with acid; it’s the cracking of a slowly breaking window, the crack of a skull under a tank’s treads.
> eyes meet, and there is no mercy in the Angel’s pale gaze. Sanguinius is lost to the passions he has always resisted. The Lord of the Red Sands sees it in the pinpricks of his brother’s pupils, in the ivory grind of his brother’s fangs. The Angel has lost himself to blood-need, and veins show starkly blue on his cheeks. This is wrath. This is the Angel unleashed. It is an anger so absolute, Angron feels the bite of another forgotten emotion: jealousy. What he sees in the Angel’s eyes is no bitter fury at a life of mistreatment, or rage goaded by the will of a god that only rewards slaughter. It feeds the God of War, as all bloodshed does, but it is not born of him. It is the Angel’s own fury, in worship of nothing but justice. How beautiful that is.
and probably the most pathetic line
>Fuelled by animal panic as much as sentient rage, Angron’s frantic clawing does nothing to throw Sanguinius clear. The brothers fall together, the daemon’s strength lost to convulsive thrashing

bonus: Sanguinius' mighty wings are so powerful compared to angron's mewling claws that he smacks his hands away with just his wingbeats in order to keep yanking on the nails. Fluffy white pretty boy wings>bloodthirster arms. Angron is a pathetic cuck, has ALWAYS been a pathetic cuck, and lost his balls and right to call himself a man the day he allowed the nails to be fucked into his weakling skull instead of conquering the entire goddamn planet like every other Primarch
>>
Can tanks be crabs too?
>>
>>87497368
yeah, Guymer, Kyme or McNeill have done much worse but nobody namedrops them all the time. "ADB bad" is a retarded knee-jerk meme by people who doesn't read the books.
>>
File: 1524856942160.jpg (14 KB, 259x259)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>87496731
>ordered 2 boxes of inceptors
>GW pulls the rug out from under me
>>
>>87497376
Especialy multiple people, who are not figments of my imaginations.
Just ignore them, ADB and his "lore" fanfiction.
>>
>>87497384
sure, why not. now I want to make a custom Onager with crab claws for legs.
>>
>>87497358
It is possible to enjoy his books, if you only read a single one or one trilogy by him or something. Any more and his cringy patterns and tropes become painfully obvious
>>
>>87497368
I think the reason these threads are spammed with screencaps and references back to posts ADB made 5-10 years ago is because people want to complain but they want to read books. That's not a comment on ADB's competence as a writer, I'm just saying a lot of anons are lazy and kinda suck.
>>
>>87497378
>uhhh it definitely happened
Then why didn't you post said pleads for mercy?
>>
Nate Crowley is the only good author desu
>>
I hate all the Black Library authors because they aren't le based fascists
>>
>>87497420
Yeah, they aren’t as rapeable.
>>
>>87497387
At least ADB is memeable bad. The others are just painfully boring bad.
>>
>>87497404
>Then why didn't you post said pleads for mercy?
okay
>From behind the veil, Angron hears laughter. A god, laughing at him, because it cares not from whence the blood flows. The death of the Lord of the Red Sands is as pleasing to this divinity as the death of any other champion. Warpfire flares from the cracks in the beast’s deforming skull. The cracks become crunches, each one a conflagration that sweeps from the filaments behind Angron’s eyes to the spikes of his spine. There is the feeling of violation, a deep and slick wrongness as something is taken from him, pulled from the root of his mind. He screams then, and he does something he has never done – in neither his mortal nor immortal lives. His roar of pained rage is coloured by a sound so shameful he will spend the rest of eternity refusing to believe it happened. The sound is a word, and the word is a plea.

I'm sorry anon but Khorne literally cackling like a high school bully from the sidelines as Sanguinius skullfucks his brother (explicitly called a "violation" of his brain meat) is simply too pathetic to come back from. And yes, the book literally calls it "shameful" verbatim
>>
>>87496273
my brothers were always going to be taller than me, so i wasn't bothered by it. but none of us are as tall as dad, which i blame on mom being so short in comparison, but whatever
>>
File: 1585834335651.jpg (505 KB, 1024x1024)
505 KB
505 KB JPG
>>87497368
>>87497387
>if you make fun of Primaris vanguard, you don't own any models
>if you criticize 8th/9th 40k lore/rules, you don't play the game
>if you take the piss out of ADB, you don't read
>if you think $100 tanks should have a bottom panel, you weren't planning on buying it anyway
Any I miss?
>>
>>87495944
Those two are the same thing from the same edition. But yes it's simpler and easier to memorize one of those things than both at the same time.
>>
File: napierdalacz prime.jpg (2.19 MB, 3431x3024)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB JPG
>>87497392
Well anon, I will tell you this. They always do it. Plus, if you think that space marines are going to be good or fun to play, in 5-6 months when 10th plays then you are a great optimist, enjoyer of life and a person who likes to paint.

But no worries you will grow out of it. The hobby teaches all space marine that over a span of around 2-3 editions. I personaly am waiting to see what stuff will GW do to my chadstodes, after the surge of players at tournaments and high placings all around the world with multiple different builds even ones without FW in it.
>>
>>87497397
I think if someone never read much (like a young guy 12-13) can enjoy his earlier books. Even to some older fans he was a novum. But when book, after book, we started to see the formula (main hero pathetic wreck+pet+strong loyal waifu, often stronger then the main character etc) his stuff started to just get boring. Carbon copy characters with just skins changes aren't fun to read about, at least not when ADB writes them.
>>
>>87497431
>>if you think $100 tanks should have a bottom panel, you weren't planning on buying it anyway
Were you?
>>
File: 51ksD4Iva5L.jpg (53 KB, 326x500)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>87496273
This would be cool if it weren't for everything else primaris ruin. Like, intergenerational conflict and dynamics can be done well, like they were done in HH between the original Terran marines and the new recruits from the Primarch homeworlds because at the end of the day they were equals and were using the same stuff. Primaris aren't and 99% of their dynamics aren't written like this.
>>
File: 1656247272247.jpg (68 KB, 894x894)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
They should've released steel legion with a death korps of krieg upgrade sprue included in the box instead of just straight death korp. (The wedge at the top of the helmet, the trench shovels, all that stuff can just be added on to a steel legion guardsmen)
>>
>>87497246
Based Angron is a failure and deserves to be treated as such.
>>
For me, it's Steve Parker and Mike Brooks
>>
>>87497440
It's hilarious how this keeps happening time and time again, yet people never learn lmao
>>
File: 1670278426924057.jpg (222 KB, 1079x676)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>want forge world model because cool factor on tabletop and love to paint
>want game mat to match armies bases and terrain I've been painting
>Uni student who can only afford one, neither will get used because no friends who play
Mfw
>>
>>87497469
just paint your kriegers beige and stop whining, guardfags don't deserve that kind of attention, that's for marines.
>>
>>
>4W
>3+ save
>35ppm
>can each take a rokkit or megablasta
>get ramshackle and klan taktics
>cute as hell
not gonna lie, I'm thinkin about it. Would probably make some of my own but I do really like the forgeworld sculpts too.
>>
>>87497469
Just because they use coats and gasmasks doesn't mean they look the same. Not a single thing about their designs is shared between them. They just need to make a steel legion kit in plastic and everyone would be happy.
>>
File: FNNQmduWQAI9sti.jpg (329 KB, 1280x1280)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
>>87497469
>new Steel Legion
How will they fuck it up?
>>
>>87497483
>what are recasts
>>
>>87497454
>strong loyal waifu, often stronger then the main character
I know he makes frequent use of female sidekicks to his marine character, but I can't think of any instances where this specifically is true. I think there are more examples of him turning women into spaceship CPUs.
>>
>>87497460
The intergenerational conflict is like half the reason Custodes aren't entirely snoozeworthy, them looking at marines with disgust and wanting to put them all down like rabid dogs the same way they did the Thunder Warriors is like the only time they show actual emotion or characterization besides being shoujo manga Mister Perfects.

If Primaris kept the grey shield structure and had more loyalty to one another and cawl than their geneseed donor legion and there was legitimate tension between the old guard and new primaris they would be a lot more interesting. But that would probably mean they'd require an entire separate codex, when the whole point was to get marine players to buy an entire new army. So you have this awkward sub faction that's poorly integrated and EVERY chapter apparently is happy to take in Primaris and every major character crosses the rubicon
>>
File: 1672307814112496.jpg (254 KB, 650x866)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>87497498
Gee Bill, show me where I can procure recasts and I will
>>
File: Krieg Legion.png (4.68 MB, 2048x2048)
4.68 MB
4.68 MB PNG
>>87497469
Just paint the krieg models Steel Legion.
It is completely same.
>>
>>87497490
>I do really like the forgeworld sculpts too
well the shape should be realy easy to do with plasticard, the issue is finding good tracks without buying a whole tank
>>
>>87497483
>Download codexs
>acquire Table Top simulator
>Steam Workshop for everything else you need
>>
First they cut corners designing a Mechanicus vehicle, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Mechanicus player

Then they cut corners designing a Space Marine ATV, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Space Marine player

Then they cut corners designing an Astra Militarum tank, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not an Astra Militarum player

Then I realized they'll never cut corners designing my vehicles because I'm a CSM player and I can't even get a datasheet for a HH tank released like half a year ago.
>>
>>87497495
obligatory "Kriegers were just recolored Steel Legion originally" post
>>
>>87497495
You're right their boots are different and their coat is a different modeled texture but both of those things can be fixed with a proper paint job. The only thing that can really be done easily is a rounder helmet.

>>87497484
I already clip the death korp accessories off.
>>
>>87497509
yeah, looking around it seems like people tend to use these chibi sherman models. Might be a paypig and get the official ones plus the landship yamato megatank next time I have reason to treat myself and then scratchbuild when i want any more.
>>
>>87497504
Black legion market is decent but they go out of stock sometimes
>>
File: engineer.jpg (73 KB, 1920x982)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>87497508
Why did they have to change the mask... It was already perfect
>>
>>87497518
>man in camp
>"At least, they won't come for me."
Somewhat pottery
>>
File: tituspathetic.png (345 KB, 640x358)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
>>87497431
>all these things are the same! save me 4th edition! reeeee!
>>
>>87497502
>Custodes
Unlike primaris, Custodes have the benefit of first not being marines and second being even more limited in number than marines, so it doesn't matter how much better Custodes are in every way, it's impossible for them to replace marines. But primaris are written in a way that makes them the perfect replacements. Intergenerational conflict doesn't work if one side is objectively superior to the other in every way, it just makes the older generation look like senile granpas awaiting death with nothing of worth to bring.
>If Primaris kept the grey shield structure and had more loyalty to one another and cawl than their geneseed donor legion and there was legitimate tension between the old guard and new primaris they would be a lot more interesting. But that would probably mean they'd require an entire separate codex, when the whole point was to get marine players to buy an entire new army. So you have this awkward sub faction that's poorly integrated and EVERY chapter apparently is happy to take in Primaris and every major character crosses the rubicon
Yeah. The idea of primaris is flawed from the premise. To fix it you'd have to change the entire premise of what they are.
>>
>>
File: pls_end_me.jpg (2.16 MB, 3364x3364)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB JPG
>>87497518
>tfw GW never giving your faction anything is unironically preferable to getting new releases
>>
>>87497530
aforementioned sherman
>>
File: 1419738970470.png (163 KB, 542x527)
163 KB
163 KB PNG
>>87497508
NOOOO THE BOOTS ARE TOO SMALL THE COAT IS TOO LONG REEEEEEEEE WE ABSOLUTELY NEED ANOTHER KIT WITH LONGER BOOTS AND SHORTER COATS
>>
File: Untitled (3).jpg (51 KB, 397x465)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>87497522
>>
I reply long posts to myself when nobody else does.
>>
Valrak just dropped a video and 10th edition is going to be a soft reset. Primaris and first born are going to be merged. No more seperate keywords.
>>
>>87497532
>why redesign?
IP + new demographic
>source: trust me bro
>>
>>87497560
Fuck off Val
>>
File: armageddon.png (1.24 MB, 784x933)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>87497522
Modelswise yeah but from the beggining they were meant to have different, if similar designs. And the past 20 years of having said different designs cemented by FW aren't gonna disappear just because they used the only gasmasked availiable models back in 2000.
>>87497524
A paintjob isn't gonna change the shape of the boots, coats, helmet, gasmask, lasgun and helmet.
>>
File: 1558702024484.jpg (412 KB, 2500x2500)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
>>87497546
>At least with primaris replacing SM they won't rape SMs further
if only
>>
I am not old enough to be an oldfag so I have nostalgia for when I entered the hobby. Therefore whenever GW makes a change that makes minis more like their original, pre-me times, I complain about it upsetting oldfags whole pretending to be one. I complain about nu40k even when it’s a return to the original.
>>
>>87497560
>Primaris and first born are going to be merged
i can't wait to see how they will fuck it up
>>
>>87497560
>Primaris and first born are going to be merged.
Would unironically be a good change. Nobody cares about the distiction anyway, and primarines not being able to board land raiders yet terminators fitting in there perfectly fine is baneblade in pooper retarded.
>>
>>87497568
Cry more nigger. I didn't even post the video
>>
>>87497502
There has been bunch of tension conflict with old marines and primaris marines.
Like Flesh Tearers, like Seth getting asshurt and then beating one up.
There was a story in the anthalogy series with Flesh Tearers where one of the Firstborn marines was constantly bickering with the newbies, he was on the brink of Black Rage constantly tho sadly.
There's also Black Dragons primaris that get sent to the BD, and at first the BD take them in but reject them since they do not have the mutations, ie. horns and bone blades but they are also outsiders.

A firstborn SW chaplain came to meet a Space Wolves primaris successor and fought alongside them a bit. The primaris SW shoved some wulfen ish qualities when fighting, but reigned it in, but the chaplain told them to haul their asses to Fenris to do the Canis Helix ritual proper.

Salamanders sent one of their chaplains to give the Black Vipers the promethean cult and to see they follow the tenants of the promethean fate, the chaplain has gone MIA and no one knows why and BV feign ignorance.

The stuff is there you just have to look for it.
>>
>>87497560
>soft reset
In what sense, are we going back to the 3ed system? If they just straight up copy the new HH ruleset I'd be happy.
>Primaris and first born are going to be merged. No more seperate keywords.
That helps but it doesn't really fix much other than the classic vehicles not being marked for death.
>>
>>87497560
Big if true, step backwards but in the right direction
>>
>>87497460
You have not read stories with primaris. You only repeat stupid memes.
The Dark Angels and Flesh Tearers fucked up their grey shields, while the old Crimson Fists became all part of the 1st company and their PTSD kept their separate of their younger brothers.
There's plenty of "intergenerational conflict and dynamics" with primaris.
>>
>>87497568
Is Valrak the destinyfag?
>>
File: Victory position.png (417 KB, 769x535)
417 KB
417 KB PNG
>the Imperium are progressive and the canon good guys
Really niggas, really?
>>
>>87497470
I don't know why some people are so desperate to paint Angron as a badass, when being THE failure primarch is his fundamental core character.
Everyone else conquered their planets and were legendary figures by the time the Emperor arrived. Angron couldn't even escape a single gladiator pit. Not only that, he couldn't even succeed at his rebellion he spent his entire life planning. He allowed himself to be emasculated and mutilated, and needed to be bailed out of trouble by the emperor personally arriving to save his sorry ass.
Even his ascension to Daemon Princedom wasn't his own doing. Lorgar had to fucking bribe Khorne to save him and turn him into a Daemon begrudgingly, when the real primarch he wanted was Sanguinius.
He mutilates his own legion with inferior, knockoff versions of the Nails that just scrape their nerves raw and leave them constantly in agony unless killing people, because apparently the idea of soldiers putting rocks and rusty nails in their boots so they're just bitchy and annoyed 24/7 is his idea of leadership.
He's not even the best gladiator or single combatant amongst the Primarchs. He's not even the most self sufficient. He didn't even have the hardest life.

I think they're purposefully bringing Lion back to mirror Angron to show how pathetic he is. The Lion was lost as an infant on one of the most dangerous Death Worlds in the Imperium. The Lion never even met another human being until he was ten years old, at which point he was fucking Tarzan king of the jungle slaughtering giant mutated beasts with his bare hands. Then, when he was found, he goes on to be the greatest knight in Caliban's history, unite the planet, cleanse it of beasts, and have an entire standing army of trained and loyal men under his command when the Emperor arrives.

Angron's impotent manlet rage at an """unfair""" life as a weakling is what makes him so emblematic of Khorne. Khorne is the god who doesn't care if you slit your own wrists in a tantrum
>>
>>87497590
That's not a bunch, especially not when compared to the constant cocksucking the writers do towards primaris and that half of the actual conflicts were just primaris wank.
>>
>>87497502
>and EVERY chapter apparently is happy to take in Primaris and every major character crosses the rubicon
t. only reads codexes
>>
What was the real explantion for why they did not include the bottom on the tank? I know the meme explanation is to cut corners but it must only save them like a couple cents. They could increase the price by a dollar and no one would blink an eye.
>>
>>87497542
>it just makes the older generation look like senile granpas awaiting death with nothing of worth to bring
Besides their culture, battlefield expertise and in general experience of seeing what a shit show modern galaxy is.

Also never mind that all chapters that gor primaris got given the tech to make their own primaris anyway so over time the chapter culture will prevail and the generational conflict will seize, because every marine recruit, no matter if primaris or not, get subjected to all of the same training, challenges and studies, ie. learn chapter culture, its heroes, deeds, etc., that they need to learn to become a full fledged member of the chapter.
>>
>>87497508
Whoever did this forgot to paint the Steel Legion boots a uniform black color and that makes me mald.
>>
>>87497502
NTA but wasn’t there stuff about Blood Angels complaining saying this was replacing them, not saving?
>>
>>87497622
They would've had to add another sprue or cut detail elsewhere.
>>
>>87497560
Are you telling me that units that are now in the same codex will stay in the same codex as of 10th ed too?!
what astonishing news!!
>but the vehicles
I can't wait for the tanks to be updated to be closer to their a-grav versions and for players to have rules-access to non-updated tanks that will be out on rotation
>>
>>87497617
>the constant cocksucking the writers do towards primaris
t. only reads codexes
>>
>>87497622
No space in the sprue. They had the choice between removing a flat piece of plastic from the bottom that you won't see 99% of the time, removing the extra gribbles and details or make a 4th sprue that would make the kit a lot more expensive cause plastic injection molds aren't free. They went with the first option.
>>
>>87497614
Nah Lorgar is the ultimate failure of a primarch, slowest conquest rate and not having any reason for it KEK
>>
>>87497560
Hey it works, the rules were dumb as shit always anyway with the vehicles.
>>
File: 1539524438758.jpg (49 KB, 720x703)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>87497622
A real explantion would require a statement from GW which we don't have. The genuine GW shills like leakycheese are arguing exactly that, that GW didn't include it because it would have added a few dollars to the kit or they would have been forced to cut out some other details.
>>
>>87497246
I don't think any Prumarch truly counts as a jobber when xenos exist
>>
File: 1671219402433309.jpg (65 KB, 195x195)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>87495301
How's everyone feeling about Arks of Omen? Got to do a tournament last weekend and it really feels like a breath of fresh air. 9th still has its problems, don't get me wrong, but the new detachment really seems like it'll give lower tier factions a chance to do well when they can build lists however they want. Also marines being playable again just feels like it helps keep a lot of bullshit in check
>>
>>87497614
Sanguinius confirmed so manly and pretty that Khorne wants him. Also, if Khorne is okay giving random CSM Daemonhood, Angron isn’t enough? Either it’s another
>lol chaos fickle
Or Angron is an even bigger failure than we could’ve imagined.
>>
>>87495558
>Making Lorgar Warmaster.
He's already best primarch. Isn't that enough?
>>
>>87497622
the corner cutting is not about the amount of plastic but the amount of moulds, the cost of kits is dictated by the number of different sprues more than anything since each requires a mould of its own

GW made a kit with 3 sprues priced as one with 5
>>
>>87497655
>Khorne wants him
Khorne will get him in 10e
>>
>>87497622
An extra sprue means an extra mold which costs tens of thousands of pounds, not a couple of cents and if you look at the other kits, the difference between 3 and 4 sprues is pretty significant. Like almost double the cost significant.
>>
>>87497665
>implying
Sanguinius is gonna come back and Celestine will braid his pretty hair and put ribbons on his cute wings and do his makeup for him so he can be hotter than Fulgrim was just to make the snakeman seethe
>>
Chaos Xenos when?
>>
>>87497673
Nigger don't you fucking dare try to justify it
>>
>>87497680
Mandrakes are the closest you'll ever get.
>>
>>87497683
I'm sorry for using my brain and realizing there's an actual reason for GW to do things instead of thinking they just removed that piece to spite you specifically.
>>
>>87497680
Khorne won't let his prized red Downie Orks go.
>>
>>87495744
I like collecting books, so yes
>>
>>87497673
Extra mold is paid once, reputation cost is permanent
>>
>>87497714
>reputation cost is permanent
Cute

Couple months from now it'll be forgotten and nobody will care, just like nobody was still screaming about the other GW vehicles that do the same thing
>>
>>87497714
Oh no the reputation cost
Most hobbyists couldn't give less of a fuck about le missing underneath square
>>
>Word Bearers used to be a kind faction
>Erebus and Emperor burning Lorgar's city to ashes turned them evil
Sad.
>>
>>87497655
>Angron isn’t enough?
You need to consider the path of glory from the point of view of the patron god, for a moment: for them it's like playing a game, the moment a character gets to max level they get bored with his gameplay and instead restart the game anew with a different character because it's more challenging and exciting.

daemonic princehood is not the ultimate reward as much as it's the last reward, which is why characters like kharn, typhus etc aren't elevated to daemonhood despite certainly having ammassed more than enough favor from their patrons compared to some other guy who became a prince; daemonhood escapes them because they're still fun to see running on the path to glory (and sometimes because they consciously refuse daemonhood since they prefer having their feet solidly planted on the mortal dimension, but that's not all characters and depending on sources it's arguable whether someone can refuse a gift)
>>
File: Kheradruakh.jpg (251 KB, 803x1097)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>87497695
They don't have the Daemon or Chaos keywords.
A atar of Khaine and the Yncarne do though.
>>
New
>>87497734
>>87497734
>>87497734
>>
>>87497714
>reputation cost
"we have a fanbase who eats everything we make"
>>
>>87497733
>Being literal iconoclasts, book burners that put people into "re-education camps"
Such kind behavior.
>>
File: tismmemefortg.jpg (118 KB, 1300x700)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>
>>87497714
>reputation cost is permanent

Games workshop would be below EA if people actually kept tally of it,
Never forget "Games Workshop is one step away from outright murdering someone in order to make money, and that's simply because we haven't found a body yet"
>>
File: 1637317251343.png (1.32 MB, 1324x1696)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>87497699
>an actual reason for GW to do things
1.greed
2.can we get away with it and simps will still bat for us in social media?
There's no reason to excuse this corner cutting but greed, buying into GW's "logic" is a trap.
And this is not even a matter of taste like primaris or votann or whatever. This is GW selling incomplete model without giving a fuck except to keep their over the top markup
>>
>>87497737
But I thought one daemon prince once fucked up so hard he became a spawn.
>>
>>87497384
The stupid stormsurge should have been like that instead of the crap we got.
>>
>>87497392
Don't buy ugly models.
>>
File: 1658711381614440.png (284 KB, 300x380)
284 KB
284 KB PNG
>>87496731
This was unironically retarded; Dark Angels and Iron Hands are the only two legions showing signs of playability and neither wants to run Inceptors. Why the fuck would they even remotely be considered a problem when all the buffs are EXTREMELY geared towards just sitting in Devastator doctrine all game and blowing shit up?
>>
>>87497888
I assume that picture is what an "average" primarch looks like?
>>
>>87496189
I don't know why, but I love them. I think the Primaris operator roles are neat, but marinelets have a special place in my heart.
>>
>>87497501
The mentor guy dude is running around with his bolter doing pew pew stuff, while his two female slaves are operating multiple archeotech weapons blowning up entire waves of chaos dudes.

Later the same mentor dude gets owned by chaos dudes. Who owns the chaos dude? The 2ed loyal waifu, after the first one dies. Ah and she is the one that gives the Celestial Lions the idea that they should put organs from multiple space marines (from different chapters) and turn him in to a primaris. A fate worse then death.
>>
>>87496649
This entire artwork makes me think of a Journey album cover
>>
>>87497489
The boba fett esque Space Shark in the back
>>
>>87497748
Kinder than just killing them with chainaxes outright.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.