[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: gurpsgen.pdf (1.55 MB, PDF)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PDF
previous thread: >>87346319

<<<<<<<< READ THE PDF BEFORE ASKING WHERE TO START

GURPS is a modular, adaptable system, capable of running a wide range of characters, settings, and play styles with level of detail varying from lightweight to completely autistic.
Optional rules allow you to emulate different genres with a single system, even switching genres within a single game.

A nearly complete archive of GURPS books can be found by those who pay attention to file extensions.
Never post direct links to the archive anywhere.

If you're wondering where to start:
The Basic Set covers everything, including a lot of optional rules you probably won't use.
A genre guide can be found in the archive, under Unofficial > GURPSgen. It tells you what extra books and articles you may find useful for many common genres.
How To be a GURPS GM is a good read even for players.
GCS (gurpscharactersheet.com) is an excellent character builder software with page references to all the books and the option to export to both Foundry and Fantasy Grounds.

TQ: Do you have any printed books?
>>
Anything new in the last six months get published?
>>
>>87451828
> TQ
Yeah, I've got quite a lot actually. I printed and bound them all myself. I only use PDFs though, since it's a lot easier and I have multiple screens to work off.
>>
File: felinoid.png (66 KB, 376x208)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>87451828
Which book has the full version of this illustration?
>>
>>87452997
Mecha
>>
>>87451828
>TQ
I bought the basic set just to have on hand. Nothing beats flipping through the pages of a physical book.
>>
File: GURPS Felinoid.png (172 KB, 1464x471)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>>87453033
Much appreciated
>>
>>87451828
What's the quick rundown on the advantages to using the Pyramid grappling rules over the base set's? And Martial Arts, for that matter.
>>
Are there any ready made cone shaped spells in Gurps (like Burning Hands or Cone of Cold in D&D)? Can't find any.
>>
>>87453689
Just use Sorcery and build a spell with the Cone enhancement.
>>
>>87453689
Check Magic - Artillery Spells
>>
New to gurps. I want to buy physical books, is there any advantage to buying 4e over 3e?
>>
Is trove working? Or I'm just blind
>>
>>87454608
Upgraded rules and not needing to convert.
>>
>>87451828
>TQ
Basic set, Martial arts, and Thaumatology
As well as self-printed copies of RPM, DF19 and some pyramid articles.
Admittedly haven't looked at them in so long I might wind up reselling them aside from thaumatology. PDFs are too convenient.
>>
I may get laughed out of this place, but is there any group that streams GURPS? I like to use these things to get a look at rules, but I can't find anything.
>>
>>87456341
Film Reroll
>>
>>87456369
Thanks, I will check that out
>>
>TQ
Basic Set, Magic, Martial Arts, Dungeon Fantasy, Dungeon Fantasy GM Screen.
>>
>>87453446
>ANToG is extremely flexible for the amount of rules it has and its complexity level.
Technical Grappling has many techniques to cover as many situations as possible, ANToG has fewer techniques that can be used in more ways, so they cover a similar range (I think ANToG wins in many cases). Also many ANToG techniques are just variations on the same technique that use the same rules, so you have to learn even less.

>ST and skill are always relevant
Combining ST and skill into (almost) all grappling checks means that neither is left behind. I would recommend using the Extreme Scores rule (p. B349) for scaling ST, regardless of how high ST actually is; just reverse the calculation for calculating damage from wrenches and stuff, so the damage doesn't get scaled down too.

>No generic stat penalties for grappling, it just gives you more options
Instead of relying on stat penalties, you're able to do "grappling defenses". Your opponent tries to attack you while you've got him grabbed? Use Control Arm to prevent that. Opponent trying to stand up? Get on top and Pin him to the ground.
Actually actively rolling in reaction to your grappled opponents actions is a lot more fun than static DX penalties, and it also benefits skilled grapplers further.

1/2
>>
File: ANToG House Rules.png (113 KB, 1878x400)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>>87453446
>>87457586
>The Setup mechanic is based
The Setup mechanic allows you to take a penalty on your current grappling check to get that bonus on a specific action in the future (assuming you succeed).
You could for example Setup a Wrench to guarantee a lot of damage; you could Setup a Takedown after an initial grab to make it easier; I think you can even use your Setup bonus to resist escape attempts.
Setups can be chained over multiple turns, so you could start with an easy one, use the bonus from that on your next turn to do a slightly harder Setup, and then use that bonus to Setup some sort of finishing move.
Setups I think are a much more interesting way of representing having a stronger grip than the Control Points system of Technical Grappling or FDG

The one thing I don't like about ANToG is it's never gotten any errata or extra support (like many Pyramid articles). I've got a bunch of house rules to fix some of the issues I have with it (pic related if you're interested).

2/2
>>
File: 1270535001853509.png (257 KB, 474x720)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>>87453446
You get to fuck your Players over by forcing them to either invest their Points to Not Suck or they get fucked by your One Trick Pony npc when they're foolish enough to get within reach.
>>
Do you think grogs and oldfags would think GURPSers are lazy for relying on foundry or other VTT now? I barely even feel the need to memorise some of the rules now because there's quick reference if you hover over something in a character sheet or compendium.
>>
File: fellowkids.jpg (87 KB, 900x720)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>87457970
>GURPSers
>>
File: gurpsers.png (3.25 MB, 1874x1050)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB PNG
>>87457982
Yes.
>>
>>87457991
nypa faggot
>>
>>87457995
>t. Gregor von Dindu
>t. Bait the Troll
>>
>>87451828
How broken is the Gunslinger advantage, even before adding the High-Tech additions to it?
>>
>>87458635
Depends on the TL. It's pretty tame in low TL games, but is strong in high TL games and busted in ultra-tech games.
>>
>>87458635
It's pretty tame considering you can buy 6 extra levels in Guns with those points.
As other anon said, it can get busted with laser guns with crazy high Acc.
>>
>>87458644
Thinking TL8, I'm slowly going over advantages and disadvantages to allow/discourage/forbid for a somewhat cinematic PMC game.
My main issue is how it seems to be a single purchase solution to ignoring a swathe of things most players would have to deal with.
>having to Aim to receive the Accuracy bonus when still
>ignoring any movement penalties to hit, including vehicle
>ignoring pop-up attack penalties
>ignoring Bulk in CQC
>weapon skill if it's higher than Riding (not relevant for my game)
>halving fast firing technique penalties
>halving Fast-Draw (Ammo) penalties
>>
>>87458723
If you want to emphasize all these mechanics, then just forbid the Gunslinger advantage.
>>
>>87454608
4th ed. hardbacks are nice, if you can get them.
4th ed. rules are better for characters which deviate significantly from normal humans, simpler (but arguably not better) vehicles, more and better magic systems (although the one in GURPS Spirits for 3rd. edition is basically Path & Book magic, which is good), cinematic combat (e.g. Gun-Fu), and a bunch of stuff which just wasn't published in 3rd. ed (e.g. Social Engineering series, farming rules, various settings). 3rd ed. has a lot going for it too though, with several excellent settings (esp. historicals), good bestiaries, and more realistic HP scaling.

>>87458635
Not at all unless you have extremely powerful guns (i.e. TL 10+) or are allowed to slap a bunch of 'meaningless' limitations like 'firearms only' on it. Just dumping the points into Guns skills is usually better.

>>87454616
Make sure you are capitalising stuff right. bit(period)ly addresses are case-sensitive. Also, Warehouse, not Worehouse.
>>
File: soldierman.png (140 KB, 782x788)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
>>87451828
What would the gear of a typical modern/near future soldier look like in GURPS? I went over High-Tech with a /k/ friend of mine to put together a reference I can use as a yardstick down the line, and this is what we put together after settling on what he called "basic bitch operator".
>>
>>87461242
Several different loadouts can be found in GURPS Warriors.
>>
>>87461325
Those only list a handful of "key" items. I'd rather know what people who run with stuff like Tactical Shooting tend to have on their characters.
>>
>>87461803
The Pyramid article Modern Warfighter: Gear (Pyramid 3/57) goes over a lot of gear that modern soldier's have with a lot of detail. I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for but it's probably worth checking out.
>>
>>87461969
That is pretty close to what I was looking for, detailed, explaining what they'd be lugging around, pretty much perfect, just missing the "what do players in Tactical Shooting games carry" angle that a splat wouldn't cover anyway. Thanks, anon.
>>
File: Capture.png (16 KB, 809x301)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>87401788
>>
File: Alchemy.pdf (6.46 MB, PDF)
6.46 MB
6.46 MB PDF
>>87445937
Alchemy Anon from last thread. Finished version 1.0. Haven't had a chance to test it with my group yet but should be usable if not balanced.
>>
>replace shock with a stagger mechanic
>instead of receiving a shock penalty of −N (to a maximum of −4), you are shifted down in the turn order by 0.N second (to a maximum of 0.4 second)
>your active defenses recharge every second instead of every turn
Good idea? Or have I been watching too many Gundam Battle Operation 2 gameplay videos?
>>
>>87464466
How does that interact with normal turn order? Do you assign a reaction speed to each level of basic speed and then have them start at that point, shifting their next turn one second into the future every time they take a turn, and increasing the wait when they get hit? That seems horribly complicated to track; people already complain a lot about how much there is to keep track of and how fine-grained time is in GURPS.
>>
File: png.png (11 KB, 602x218)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>87464869
>How does that interact with normal turn order?
If the combat session starts with N enemies, then those N turns are staggered at one every 1/N second. For example, if there are four combatants, then the turn order starts at 0, 0.25, 0.5, and 0.75 for each combatant.
>That seems horribly complicated to track
It seems simple enough to me. Even the Basic Set agrees that it may sometimes be necessary to keep track of initiative on paper.
>>
>>87464869
I didn't see people complain much about D&D's take on initiative tracking even though there you also have to roll and with some variants roll every turn and their turns get shifted.
GURPS is so much simpler by cutting out the random, otherwise works the same.
>>
>>87451828
Dfrpg, basic set, powers, thaumatology, sorcery*, fantasy, low tech, high tech, ultra tech, space, bio tech, martial arts, how to be a gurps GM, dungeon fantasy allies*, dungeon fantasy summoning*.
*I printed these ones at home and either stuck them in a binder or stitch bound them.

It's more than you need. Get basic and how to be a gurps gm and pdf the rest.
>>
>>87451828
I've got quite a few. I like having physical books.
>>
Steve Jackson, Sean Punch, and Chris Rice break into your home in the middle of the night dressed as chimpanzees. They take you (and everyone who lives with you) hostage and tie you (all) up. Punch puts his gun to your head, ungags you, and says,
"Tell me how you would run an Infinite Worlds campaign for 4 players."
What's your pitch?
>>
>>87468287
Drop the weird infinity patrol nonsense and run it as first-contact/government agents, competing not only with Centrum and eventually Reich-5, but also the Cabal, and (the other two of USA, Russia, China).

...To be honest though I don't know how to turn that idea into a game.
>>
File: ready aim fire.jpg (303 KB, 1185x684)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
I got Combat Cards. They're convenient. I'm hoping they'll make teaching the combat system easy.
>>
I'm going over A New Take on Grappling, and I've got some questions on what some of the rules mean.
>under Effects of a Grapple
>If you’ve grappled a location (or it, such as a hand or limb, has grappled you), it has no location penalty for grabs and half penalty for strikes.
Is this about the "inverting the grapple" stuff? As in, the location you have grappled is grappling you? It sounds like it's about grabbing from scratch rather than that.
>>
>>87470163
That part means that you reduce the penalty for targeted attacks against locations that you've grappled.
>eg. grab someone's neck with one hand, means you half the penalty to stab them in the neck with a knife you have in the other hand. From -5 to -3.

Due the Grappling by Being Grappled rule (p. 13), if someone has grabbed you with their hand, you'd get the benefit of this reduced targeted attack penalty for attacks against that hand, because technically you've grappled their hand.
>eg. someone grabs your torso with their hand, now if you attack their hand, you only strike at -2 instead of -4.
>>
File: pepe has had enough.jpg (26 KB, 680x469)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
farm campaign anon here. things are going well learning GURPs. but now we have entered Skills and i am ANGERED and CONFUSED
my only real questions are as follows
>Farming (IQ/Average) (Defaults IQ-5, Biology-5, or Gardening-3)
Do you choose which default you use, if you must? And if I invest a single skill point into the skill for the cost of IQ+1 (Average) listed on that one chart, will the default go away and be replaced entirely by trying to roll under IQ+1?
>>
File: SL3IsIg[1].png (26 KB, 432x206)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>87470323
Also, I notice that there are point costs for Attribute-1, Attribute-2, etc. Can I 'purchase' those as well? Since IQ-1 would be much better than IQ-5, and much cheaper than IQ+anything?
>>
>>87470350
You have to purchase the lowest level first, the cost is cumulative
>>
>>87470323
You use whichever number is bigger.

If you put a single point into Farming it will be IQ-1 according to this table >>87470350.
For whatever amount of character points you have invested in the skill, you just look at that table to see what its level is.
>>
>>87469427
Tell us how they go. If they're good maybe I'll order some.
>>
>>87470323
Yes use whichever default is mlst favorable. And yes, if you buy it up and it's higher than what you would roll for the default, then you use what you bought up instead. If your default is better and it takes a while for your new skill to catch up, you don't suddenly become less effective for having put a point in it though. Continue to use whichever roll is better.
>>
>>87458723
You could just parcel all the parts out as techniques.
>>
Does 8lbs sound too heavy for a TL 10 uniform that soldiers will be forced to wear for most of a day?
>>
>>87472687
Info on the weight of clothing is in High-Tech.
Or are you talking about the entire loadout, not just the uniform?
>>
>>87472751
Its for the uniform itself, though it doubles as minimum body armor and hostile environment gear.
>>
>>87470360
>You have to purchase the lowest level first, the cost is cumulative
This is wrong. You can buy any skill level straight away and only need to pay the difference between the new skill level and your old one.
For example, with an IQ/A skill you could buy it at IQ-1 for 1 point, or IQ+2 for 8 points. That's the total cost you pay for that skill level. If you had it at IQ-1 and wanted to raise it to IQ+2, you would only pay the 7 points difference in cost.
>>
>>87472687
Athletic clothing for Victorian women was around that weight, so it's certainly possible for someone to handle in daily life (everyday clothing was much heavier, but most women weren't doing anything especially active while wearing it). Victorian women were often significantly smaller than modern people, and in many cases rather unhealthy too. On the other hand, if you extrapolate modern trends, fitness standards for TL10 soldiers might be pretty terrible.
>>
>>87470230
That explains it, thanks.
Another question: If you're grappled (e.g. your foe has grabbed your arm and torso) and you try to grapple him back, is it a normal grab (Attack, can be parried/blocked/dodged) or is it a Transition from grappling his hands with your torso and arm to grappling whatever it is you want to grapple?
>>
>>87474211
I'd allow either method, but it seems a lot better to do a normal grab than a Transition.
The Grappling by Being Grappled rules say that your opponent can let go of their grapple as a free action in response to you doing an offensive grappling technique; if you tried to Transition when only they've grabbed you, and they let go, it's not really a Transition anymore.
Also either way you'll be rolling against the same penalty, but if your opponent wants to use a grappling defense to stop your grab, they'd probably have to roll against Control (Arm) which might be at an additional penalty if they haven't grabbed all the arms you're trying to grab with.

The only reason that you'd want to do a Transition over a normal grab is if you know that they aren't gonna give up their grapple and you want to avoid them using a normal active defense against your grab. Seems like a very specific scenario that probably won't ever come up.
>>
>>87474409
>they'd probably have to roll against Control (Arm)
Right, and Control Body Parts can turn regular rolls into Contests, but if for example you do a grab (Judo + location modifiers), and your foe rolls Control Arm (Judo + ST - 2 because of the other arm being free), do you add your ST to the grab too?
>>
>>87474499
Yes, I believe so. Even if you have to do so retroactively after you've already made your roll so you can compare Margin's of Success.
>>
>>87474586
Another case I'm not clear on, say you're currenly face down prone, grappled, how do you turn yourself face up? A move action that turns into a Contest?
>>
are many of the martial skills in MA useful? I’m wondering if it will spice up my combat as a martial character
I like the idea behind that chandelier jump in the pirate books but I’m not sure if it would be used often
>>
>>87464299
Not that anon from last thread, but could you upload it to the gurps trove?
>>
bumps
>>
>>87476246
I would say all the extra effort options are a necessity for melee fights.
>>
>>87474995
Change Posture maneuver that your opponent will probably resist with Control Position.
>>
>>87476350
Added
>>
For you GURPsing on roll20, is there an easy way to roll a skill that you have defaults in? Do you just quickly make the skill when it's called for and apply the -x modifier attached to it? It seems like the sheet could be very cluttered doing that
>>
>>87480786
Just roll 3d. You don't need character sheet functions and macros to be tell you what is, for example, 15-4.
>>
Draft arena anon, did you make any progress?
>>
Buoyancy adjustment.
>>
gurps
>>
File: 1674479565736506.gif (2.59 MB, 540x300)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB GIF
>first time trying GURPS
>forget to tell the group its in a modern setting
>one of them wants to play a noble
>the second wants to play a crybaby manchild who either dies quickly or becomes a badass
>the third I forgot to ask but he's gonna probably play some variation of self-insert since that's his thing
>the fourth wants to play a metal mage
Will this mess with balance?
>>
>>87485939
Who cares? Do it and post le funny greentext after the session.
>>
>>87485939
Give them delusion to justify it
>>
File: 1674585052417.jpg (150 KB, 400x600)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>87485939
I look forward to the greentext.
>>
>>87451828
Is there any way to make a GCS setup so that Advantages, Disadvantages and Skills are sorted in categories (or the ones that are forbidden are hidden) and if a skill is replaced with a version from another book (e.g. Judo from ANTOG), that one appears?
>>
>>87487331
You can copy paste stuff into custom libraries and group them. Absolutely.
>>
>>87487431
How do you even use custom libraries?
>>
>>87487535
Put them in your GCS user library directory and open them.
>>
>>87487331
Do not modify the default libraries. They will get overwritten when gcs updates.
>>
File: GURPS-HowTo-37.png (1 KB, 151x30)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
>>87487331
If you edit them, remember to pic related
>>
Does anyone have a decent breakdown of the pros/cons of multiple arms, and interesting ways to use them? I'm thinking normal arms, as opposed to short/long/mounts, but info on those would be appreciated as well.
>>
page 10 bump
>>
>>87491396
>Pros
Can have more items ready to use, or have a free hand to open doors, etc.
Pretty good bonuses when grappling (+2 to hit; +2 to break free or resist breaking free; +2 to choke or strangle, somehow).
Additional parries without penalty (only really an issue for high-powered characters who expect to survive while facing more than 2 hits per second).
Insurance against being crippled.
>Cons
Costs quite a few points. You need to be getting some use out of basically everything listed above to justify 10 points.
Need more armour. Cost and weight add up if you are well protected.
>Short arms
Significantly less useful than normal arms, but significantly cheaper too. Sometimes worth it, but wouldn't recommend for all you arms.
>Long Arms
The first long arm is really good, giving you more reach and damage for a reasonable price. Additional ones are worse value, although being able to grapple at reach is pretty nice.
>No Physical Attack
Strictly worse than Short for the same price. Terrible option and rarely justified by concept.
>Extra-Flexible
Good for parrying, but maybe too expensive for that.
>Foot Manipulators
Dubious value, only really good for ground fighting grapples or if you can fly.
>Weak
Doesn't actually penalize grappling if you have normal arms as well. You do want enough ST to wield parrying weapons though. Not much of a discount though.
>Weapon Mount
Pretty much just an alternative to Fast Draw (Pistol) most of the time. Seems reasonably priced.
>>
>>87494927
This all assumes that you're concerned about 'optimizing your build' or something, of course. In most cases extra arms are going to be part of a racial template and on there to meet the concept, not because they are an optimal choice. So it's often more a question of 'what do I do with these' than 'should I buy these'. The answer to that is often Main-Gauche or Staff weapons, since they are going to be used mostly to parry and need to be cheap.
>>
I've been working on PDF parsing for the past few days, and it ended up working quite a bit better than I initially expected. Would still require some manual clean up (mostly due to SJG questionable design decisions where side note or image fucks up normal header position), but it should be doable.
That said, I kinda forgot was originally the point of this entire enterprise. Do we want just a database of traits (like GCS but with full text included)? Entire rulebook with cross-links? Something else?
>>
Is there a dragon age module for GURPS?
>>
>GURPS Tiktok
cringe
>>
File: 51e7aoodRtL.jpg (54 KB, 320x500)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>87497439
I want more marketing for GURPS
>>
>>87497439
>asking for suggestions on 5th edition on TikTok of all places

How is the reaction for this on SJGforums?
>>
>>87496656
>Do we want just a database of traits (like GCS but with full text included)? Entire rulebook with cross-links?
>he isn't capable of setting something up that can do both simultaneously
lmaoing @ ur lyfe
>>
>>87497519
Same as every discussion about possible 5e, everyone know it won't happen due to:
1.No major rules change
2.No money nor labor to edit

And from what I gathered from it, most of the things people suggesting are aesthetic changes so if anything it would still be just 4e with a sparkled coat.
>>
>>87497690
I wouldn't mind a revised 4th edition that just has fixes and better organization.
>>
>>87497690
4e needs a new, slimmer, all-in-one core book (move most of the advantages and disadvantages to a separate book, re-order things to focus on the new player experience instead of being a reference for veterans, etc).
And either a conversion guide for 3e vehicles or a 4e version of the 3e vehicle rules.
Neither of those entails a new edition.
>>
>>87497709
Yeah, we don’t need a new edition of GURPS, just a new edition of the 4e core books.
>>
>>87497690
4e revised with all the new stuff that could be on basic would be nice as shit though.
>>
>>87497690
God, if I could get a 4e, Revised, or 4.5e, I'd be so happy.
>>
Everyone talks about wanting a revised 4e, but what kind of revisions do you specifically want to see?
I would like to see concise steps that go along all the formal explanation of how different mechanics work. For instance buying skills. I will admit that it took me too long to understand how it worked after reading that section the first time. Then I noticed that later on when I was helping my friends learn gurps they too somewhat struggled with grasping the concept of buying skills. Are me and my friends retarded? Probably, but it still would have helped if the section had short and simple "How To Buy Skills" guide after the formal explanation. The examples they give are close to this, but I think straightforward and in your face list of steps would help clear up a lot of things that people might not get the first time they read the rules.
>>
>>87498797
Doesn't the basic set have a step by step building of a character that details how to do the basics, including buying skills?
>>
>>87498797
Mostly just a better layout of rules for beginners, refinement of skills, maybe an expanded bestiary, and advantages/disadvantages from other books that should be in the Basic Set, and maybe fix a few things, like how some advantages are always on, and how some are switchable. Make them either or by default.
>>
>>87498797
Powers being added in place of Psiquism seem like the more obvious choice since it is a universal version of it and also all the new advantages and modifiers from power-ups. The rest can pretty much remain on their own splats.
>>
>>87498891
If there is I must be blind.
>>
>>87499126
What did you spend those points on from being blind?
>>
>>87499313
Allies who are all just as blind.
>>
>>87499126
For some fucking reason it is hidden away on page 227. Moving that box to page 170 would help a lot.
>>
>>87500350
lmao it is
Yeah just doing a bunch of stuff like organizing all this would make reading the rules so much easier. Consolidate all these huge examples together, then in their original place put a reference to the example's new location.
>>
>>87496656
The brief was 'like 5e tools for GURPS' but I'm not certain exactly what 5e tools does. It seems to be basically all the rules for the current version of D&D, cross-referenced.
>>
>>87451828
How do you use wildcard skills in GCS? I could swear I had seen them in there somewhere, but I can't find them anywhere.
>>
>>87497690
Most of what i've seen is people wanting less page flipping and cross referencing. Putting the rules you want together in bigger chunks rather than a million piddly pdfs and organizing the books better. That, and some kind of modern convenient centralized online rules reference.

But Steve's a dinosaur so that's not going to happen.
>>
>>87497798
A new GURPS compendium might be good too.
>>
>>87500518
Centralized phone friendly cross platform rules database, character builder (that you can share your character with a link), shareable homebrew hosting site where you forfeit any IP rights to your homebrew, campaign planning tools, simple vtt integration.

It's more than just a d20pfsrd equivalent.
>>
>>87500743
Fuck. I'm half asleep. Thats beyond not 5etools. I saw people saying they wanted beyond equivalents for a 5egurps the other day. Missed that this was about the gurpsgen project.
>>
>>87496656
Hyperlinked rulebook with complete sets of advantages and skills and whatever else, a la 5etools, was the brief, yeah.
>>
>>87498797
>Everyone talks about wanting a revised 4e, but what kind of revisions do you specifically want to see?
A few things I want:
>Trim the skills list. There are way too many skills that could be merged together. Melee Weapon and Guns should have fewer specialties.
>Get rid of redundant Advantages/Disadvantages too. Include ones that replace basic set advantages, like Natural Weapon or the generalized version of Gizmo
>Get rid of the Basic Magic system. It's poorly balanced and doesn't work well with the rest of the system. Replace it with Sorcery or something.
>Drop the Infinite Worlds setting. No one uses it.
>Include Chases and other rules from Action.
>>
>>87500984
>getting rid of specialties
That's like the main meat of GURPS.
>>
>>87500350
At it's defense, it's at the end of the chapter because it is the conclusion of it.
>>
>>87500984
>I want GURPS but with less stuff

Can't you just use Lite instead of chopping the game for everyone else?
>>
>>87496656
Have a look at Chris Normands video on Tiddlywiki, something like that with all the supplements built in would be amazing. As a more achievable goal, a *complete* trait list, properly referenced, would be incredibly useful. All the advantages, disadvantages, perks & quirks, with all the modifiers from every GURPS 4e book in one complete, well formatted & maintained list.
>>
>>87498797
Move Innate Attacks (and other highly complex stuff that first time players shouldn’t be thinking about) to a separate book from the core rules for beginners.
>>
>>87501299
We want the same amount of stuff to exist, we just don’t want all that stuff to be in the Basic book. Most people who look at GURPS get turned away by the incredible length of the various “character options” sections, and moving stuff like “accelerated time” and “innate attacks” from Basic to some new “advanced” book would help a lot in making the game approachable.
>>
>>87502822
Again, why not just use Lite for character creation and read the Campaign books for rules then? The book is Basic as it's the Basic foundation to all GURPS content, not Basic as in basic level player.
>>
>>87502943
Because Lite is a bad introduction to the system and GURPS needs a better one.
>>
>>87502943
Core books need to do both.
>>
>>87503005
If that means butchering the book out of content it doesn't
>>
>>87503032
The removed content can be in a second book. How are you not understanding this?
>>
>>87503032
Oh, yes! Very to speakum of a much goodnik!
>>
>>87503058
Which is just GURPS Lite. If you want GURPS Lite 2e, it's okay, but there is no reason to segregate the Basic Set for it.
>>
A new pinned thread appeared on the SJGames forums that contains official bad advice
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=188127
>>
>>87503475
He is not wrong though. Lite does teach the fundamental mechanics of the game to help you decide if you want to look further into the main game or not. Sorry, you still salty about me telling you about using Lite earlier.
>>
>>87503475
As someone who started with dfrpg, if I had started with lite I probably never would have bothered with GURPS.

I think transhuman space rpg / monster hunters rpg / action rpg corebooks would probably be a better use of their time.
>>
>>87500662
Huh that is weird. I think they were in the old version before the GUI change?
>>
>>87503802
Agreed. Being able to buy just one book to play Transhuman Space (instead of three) would be an excellent jumping on point for GURPS.
>>
I never looked into GURPS fanmade stuff as much beyond what's in the share folder, but do SJ Games track you down or get mad if you make a sourcebook or adventure path for GURPS? Like can you sell books/zines stuff powered by GURPS?
>>
File: girl genius.png (3.75 MB, 1902x1064)
3.75 MB
3.75 MB PNG
What settings WONT SJ Games touch?
>>
>>87504511
You can make it, you just cant straight up write the rules presented in the books, you need to use their page reference codes. If you want to commercialize it then you have to pass by their editors first. I am sure there is a document on their site explaining the details.
>>
>>87504610
Still waiting for my GURPS India and Africa.
>>
>>87498797
I'd like it to be arranged in a way that is less autistic. Don't assume that everyone wants to use GURPS as a toolkit- it should be a game first, a toolkit second. Make actual games for a few different settings so that people can just jump right in. Trim the skills list, trim the advantages, etc., to only what you need for that game, and have others elsewhere.

Basically, I'd like a GURPS Core: Fantasy and a GURPS Core: Sci-Fi and a GURPS Core: Modern and whatever. Dungeon Fantasy is close, but it really feels like it's trying to do "D&D but worse", since it doesn't showcase what's good about GURPS.
I'd even go as far as to say they should allow third-party content. I'd pay for Mailanka's Psi-Wars setting as a core book.

>>87504511
SJG has a long list of things they want people to write for them. But also a long list of requirements and complicated process for doing so.
https://www.sjgames.com/gurps/wish-list-gurps/
And I don't see anything about pay one way or the other. They'll be selling it. You'd hope that they'd pay you some portion of that.

I'm not sure what they do if you try to make something and sell it on your own.
>>
Howdy y'all, I was looking for an article where they shrink down the number of weapon skills substantially. Might have just been guns, or it could have been all weapons. Anyone know what article that might have been?
>>
>>87504643
>>87504611
Thanks. That clears it up. I probably wouldn't monetise anything. It'd be cool to have a free zine where various contributors put together stuff for GURPs, or just air opinions/do write ups.
I thought they'd have something similar to Chaosium's repositories that you can apply to, but I just post my adventures here or on other sites without bothering to charge for it.
>>
>>87504643
>And I don't see anything about pay one way or the other.
I seem to recall that the royalty rate is posted somewhere on the site, but I don't remember where.
>>
>>87504678
>It'd be cool to have a free zine where various contributors put together stuff for GURPs, or just air opinions/do write ups
Yeah, like the Path of Cunning.
>>
>>87451828
What kind of settings fit the mechanics of GURPS best? Modern day? Sci-fi? Horror? Post-Apocalypse? Fantasy?
Likewise, what would be the hardest kind of setting to fit into GURPS? As in you'd have to tweak core aspects of the game and/or add a lot of content on top to replicate it.
>>
>>87504661
One of the Alt. GURPS issues has an article that reduces the Guns skill down to just three specialties (rifle, pistol, and rocket). There's no similar official rule for melee weapons, but I think Eggplant or somebody made an unofficial rule.
>>
>>87504643
I would say Dungeon Fantasy does a pretty good job in translating the game for a hack n slash genre, so it does D&D pretty well.
>>
>>87504755
I wonder, has there ever been a fourth or fifth issue of that 'zine?
>>
File: tpoc_03.pdf (4.39 MB, PDF)
4.39 MB
4.39 MB PDF
>>87504779
I only found this one (third):
Pretty cool.
>>
>>87504779
Yes, Pyramid 4/1
>>
I was inspired to run a game where player lead an expedition to found a settlement because of dwarf fortress. any recommended "rules" for this? ill be using gurps of course for combat and player creation. mostly need rules on food production, constructing shit etc. maybe some event tables too would be nice but idk.
>>
>>87504757
GURPS was primarily made to fit low tech games.
>>
>>87504757
>What kind of settings fit the mechanics of GURPS best? Modern day? Sci-fi? Horror? Post-Apocalypse? Fantasy?
The ones you prefer playing. People don't like Ultra Tech but there's no reason why you can't enjoy it and fit it to your purposes.
>>
>>87451828
Hey guys, been here before but I'm back because the one and only GURPS game I've ever run is being revived under what we're calling a "soft reboot" so that some of my players can be on the same page for once.

It's Gang War JoJo, but in Los Angeles.

Originally, I did Stands as their own stat block with their abilities (unique and otherwise) as more narrative than mechanical. One player disagreed with that and believed that Stands should represent relative bonuses to their user's stats, basically using them as a base. That makes sense to me but I don't like it.

Any suggestions? Alternatives, tweaks?

picrel is couple of NPCs based on my way of doing it.
>>
>>87504764
Ahh, yup, Alternate GURPS III, thank you very much!

>>87504769
The thing is, it tries to be D&D too much. Sure, it does D&D... decently enough, I guess. But who is the audience? It's not going to convince anyone from D&D to move over unless they already were familiar with GURPS and wanted to play it. A fantasy corebook that isn't trying to replicate D&D would work better.
>>
File: TFT.png (466 KB, 450x583)
466 KB
466 KB PNG
>>87504834
Is this because of its The Fantasy Trip origins?
>>
>>87504511
Theres an unofficial self published gurps solo play supplement. Forget what its called
>>
>>87504925
The audience are people who like GURPS and dungeon crawling. People need to stop that "stealing people over" mentality, what makes GURPS good is that they don't sell out to what is trending and instead writers do what they like.
>>
>>87505093
Yes.
>>
>>87504610
In 2023? Anything people might actually want to buy.

>But people like girl genius
Says Kromm on the gurps forums

What people?
Now, or a decade ago?

GURPS likes to strike while the iron is room temperature and covered in an inch of dust.
>>
>>87505137
People pestered him for years to release it so I guess they bought it.
>>
>>87505116
If you read my post, I'm suggesting the opposite: doing something that isn't what's trending because the people who only like what's trending are playing D&D and DF doesn't do anything they'd care to switch for.

But in any case, the game should have broader goals than selling to a niche pile of turboautists. You can use GURPS for any number of settings, and it's got a pretty simple chassis, but it's de-facto inaccessible to the vast, vast majority of people due to the sheer autism in the writing and layout.
>>
>>87505191
You call it inaccessibility.
I call it filtering illiterate retarded consoomers.
>>
>>87505191
Dungeon Fantasy wasn't made to be a D&D killer, besides what makes good rich in content are turboautists so I always welcome it.
>>
>>87504925
>>87505191
There's a lot of gamers who are leaving DnD (especially now), and DF is a good entry to GURPS. That was my first GURPS experience a few years ago, and it was very helpful to have familiar trappings while learning a new system.
It was also a lot of fun.
>>
>>87505202
Filtering the people who play games, actually.
The "consoomers" are typically very autistic.
But SJG isn't targeting them- they like physical books, not PDFs.

>>87505218
It doesn't have to be a D&D killer, just has to be something that people who don't already play the game might be interested in.

Turboautists don't generally make good content. They make thoroughly researched tomes that no one actually wants to read. It's the slightly-autistics that make good content.

>>87505267
Sure, I just think that they could have leaned a little more into the GURPS part rather than the D&D-clone part.
>>
By the way, there's a new GURPS Youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjWSv7FOSJ4&ab_channel=GURPSIsEasy
>>
>>87505431
>both my fav weapons are B tier
Feels bad
>>
>>87505330
>>87505330
>Turboautists don't generally make good content. They make thoroughly researched tomes that no one actually wants to read.
Says who? Well researched tomes that add more indepth content is alawyas good content and one the reasons that incetive people to expande more their games
>>
>>87505431
>Wrestling is F-tier
wew
>>
>>87504757
>hardest
Capeshit, Shounen Anime, Xianxia.
Anything with massive power levels and people who are incredibly durable as an assumed genre trope.

>Best
Any genre where people die when caught in a missile explosion.
>>
>>87504769
It tries to be a simulationist dungeon crawler reminiscent of osr games. The few people who want that, play OSR games. The people who want medieval fantasy wizard adventure with an X-Men+ power level (seems to be most D&D players these days) likely want a different tone that'll take more than just DFRPG as written.

And also, a pitch for what gurps will do for them that they could not get from Pathfinder or D&D or the like.

I like DFRPG, but a don't think it's a good like for like swap with D&D, and I mostly see it as a bunch of stuff for me to mix with gurps fantasy and social engineering, rather than something I want to run "straight".
>>
>>87504925
It got me to check out gurps.

Who was I at the time? A customer annoyed with pathfinder and 5e mechanics, that had already concluded from other games that I liked point buy better than classes, liked more detailed RPGs than 5e, and had never heard of Eclipse and found M&M and BESM and BESM d20 unsatisfying.

But thats a lot of circumstances which led me to conclude: fuck the naysayers, all their suggested games have sucked, it looks like my options are GURPS or Fantasy HERO. Let's check them out.
>>
>>87504764
I used form factor specialization in my setting; Smallarms, longarms, mounted gun and launcher, and mounted launcher. Just to trim down on defaults really. And I had a hard-on for pistol shaped grenade launchers
>>
>>87505189
I suspect those people wanted it years ago. It's unlikely to attract new customers *now*. It's like making a "Mummies Alive" RPG in 2022. Few people would want it now, the time to sell that would have been 25 years ago, if ever.
>>
File: Capture.png (55 KB, 778x326)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
give me the low down on this.
it shit?
reading through it seems cool
>>
>>87505904
The only criticisms that I've seen peddled here are the liberal values pushed by the author during the playtest, but most of those got edited out, so the final product is mostly good, despite Manpower being replaced with Workforce.
>>
>>87505949
i mean gameplay
>>
>>87504910
Currently running a Jojo game, and I’m doing the Stands as NPCs, roughly 100-150% of starting cp. controlling the stands requiring a use of the Stand Control(Will/VH) skill, with the Difficulty being Hard for stands that are equal to or less than the user’s own starting cp. For actually building the stands themselves, it depends greatly on what it’s main ability/concept is. A cowboy hat that gives you Deadeye Vision will be statted way differently than a punch ghost who freezes stuff with it’s fists.
>>
File: gurps melee.png (33 KB, 710x979)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>87505431
>kusari in S
Did he completely miss the point where you need 1 or 2 turns to ready it after each strike? Also the risk of hitting yourself with it. Also requires enough open space around you.
Too many caveats just for the sake of extra reach.

His take on unarmed skills is kinda a mess, so I just post the ground truth and let you be the judge.
>>
>>87505904
It's not what most people were looking for. Particularly here. People wanted something more hands on that isn't more or less disconnected from the rest of the game. Ymmv
>>
In a lot of movies etc stories take place over a single day, or maybe two days, but in gurps if you get badly wounded you might be crippled that entire time. Are there any rules for cinematic fast healing as a campaign option, rather than just advantages for individual characters?
>>
>>87503802
>I think transhuman space rpg / monster hunters rpg / action rpg corebooks would probably be a better use of their time.
This. GURPS Action given the DFRPG treatment seems like it would work really well as a basic modern-day roleplaying game. Same with After the End. DFRPG tried to include too much of the full game in a genre which isn't suited to that much detail. Monster Hunters needs too much of the full game. I don't think THS really works in that paradigm; the setting is so complex you're already filtering out all the normal people and selecting for autistic readers. Feels like WW2 could be re-released with updated rules though.
I've got my hopes up for Mission-X.
>>
>>87504678
Easiest method is just to write blog-posts and get them on Doug Cole's GURPSday feed to make them accessible.
>>
>>87507044
Though not the cinematic option you're after, Conditional Injury (Pyramid 3/120) kind of fixes this issue by making it extremely difficult to be crippled by many small wounds vs one big wound.
>>
>>87507278
But aren't bloggers hated here?
>>
>>87507303
Thanks
>>
>>87505431
That was some terrible advice all together.
>>
>>87507044
Metacurrencies that can be used to mitigate big damage wounds?
>>
>>87507044
In an action campaign, just have them healed up by going to a hospital for a few days. In a fantasy campaign, make them pay some money to be healed to full. Use metacurrencies to avoid damage altogether, reduce damage to 1, and make mooks kinda useless. Action heroes are highly cinematic, so there's a lot of options.
>>
>>87505792
>It tries to be a simulationist dungeon crawler reminiscent of osr games

Exactly why I love it, DF i'ts everything I wanted D&D to be.
>>
>>87505792
>The few people who want that, play OSR games

Dungeon Fantasy had the most produced books in the past years so I doubt there is few people wanting it.
>>
>>87505431
Mailanka wrote a response
https://mailanka.wordpress.com/2023/01/26/melee-weapon-tiers-a-response/
>>
>>87508267
The main thing about high ST tanks is that healing them between misisons can take forever. Having enough HP to take hits just means you spend fucking forever bedridden afterwards.
>>
>>87508060
I don't want "a couple of days" to pass is the issue. In films and stories there isn't a couple of days, its usually nonstop action and 8 fights over one day.
>>
File: high hp and healing.png (50 KB, 524x218)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>87508397
>>
>>87508405
Then don't injure them as much, or give them high pain threshold and make first aid kits heal a lot more. Tell them to buy Destiny Points or whatever GURPS calls them, and use one to reduce a 6dx2 pi++ elephant gun to 1 damage. Do you want them to heal to full in like 5 minutes? If so, give them regeneration for free.
>>
>>87508457
Yes i know.
>>
>>87507044
You could try stun points from PU9
>>
>>87508536
That is an interesting system. I might have to test it out.
>>
>>87508159
That is my take as well, anon. DF satisfies every shortcoming I found in D&D
>>
Are there any guidelines on what a given level of "unnatural features" means? I'd imagine having gene-spliced catlike eyes wouldn't be on the same level as being so deep into druid shit you've forgotten how to turn your legs back from goat-shaped.
>>
>>87509249
Since mechanically, Unnatural Features just makes you easier to notice, I usually base the levels on that:

If it's a small thing that is usually only noticed upon close inspection (eg. weird eyes) then that would be one level.
If it's one big feature that is almost impossible to miss, even from a distance, or it's so many small features that you'll almost certainly see at least one, regardless of what angle you view that person from, I'd make it five levels.
Levels 2-4 would be a continuum between those two.

Though I would also be interested in seeing if there are any official (or unofficial) guidelines or examples that other people use.
>>
>>87509454
I would have expected it to cause a reaction modifier, not unlike Supernatural Features, but at the same time the features not being necesarily offputting also makes sense, so I guess it makes sense that ultimately it "just" makes you more noticeable.
>>
>>87451828
Is there any way to hide certain blocks from GCS character sheets?
>>
>>87509868

Settings > Sheet Settings > Block Layout (bottom)
>>
>>87507310
That retard (maybe two retards) will have a meltdown over ANY unofficial content being discussed here. Unless you get published by SJG proper he'll throw a fit about it.
>>
>>87508200
I buy them to mix with normal gurps fantasy stuff. Theres no way to know how many people are buying them to use without other gurps products.

I'm not saying dfrpg is bad. I'm saying it's unlikely to capture many of the people currently dropping 5e for other high powered fantasy games.
>>
>>87505949
What? I don't think I saw that once. Every was saying that it was a functionally useless, barely GURPS add on that didn't deliver anything like what the name would indicate.

>>87505904
The consensus here seemed to be that it's a bad attempt at something like a Civ
like strategy game, that can't really be implemented as parts of a GURPS game in any meaningful way, and that it failed to deliver what it ought to have, which is how to actually manage a realm.

>>87507310
It's just a troll here or there. The kind of people who learn just enough to be able to intentionally ruin something.
>>
File: file.png (13 KB, 496x103)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>87509894
That doesn't work, removed blocks are appended at the end of the sheet
>>
>>87510476
when you turn it into a PDF empty blocks are removed
>>
What resources are there for building a staff fighter?

Im playing in a DnD rip-off game and I wanna make a staff fighter. Humans are one thing but monsters are something else. Any guides to building a good staff fighter?

With humans I plan to use the staff to break peoples arms and shit but what about monsters?
>>
>>87510942
How big is the monster? This isn't D&D or a video game, and generally it's best not used to emulate that kind of gameplay. For larger things, hitting it with a stick is just going to make it angry.
>>
>>87510983
I dont know. BUt big monsters, like the SM+2 or SM+1 monsters with some good DR. Its not the end of the world if my char cant deal with them but it'd be nice if I could.
>>
>>87511041
Think about it in real world terms. If a rhinoceros were charging you and you had a stick, how would you realistically use the stick to defend yourself? The thing weighs at least a ton.
If you're human-sized, using something like a quarter staff, there is basically nothing you would be able to do to realistically harm a rhino by just hitting it. You'd have to (maybe) go for it's eye or something, but even that likely wouldn't stop it in its tracks. There just isn't enough mass behind whatever stick you're carrying, even if you held it at one end like a bat. No matter how strong and fit you are, you aren't big enough to realistically hurt something like that. You'd need to figure something else out. Build a trap or something. You aren't stopping it with a staff.
>>
>>87511266
One of the things Im wondering about is what magical things are available for staffs.

Staff fighting is a classic, especially with fantasy stuff where wizards also wield them. Im aware of imbuements but Im curious if theres anything newer out there. Which is sorta what Im wondering about for the more powerful monsters.

Realistically I agree for sure. If theres some pyramid for staff fighting magic or something out there is what I dont know.
>>
>>87510942
Staff isn't the most efficient and lethal of the weapons so you probably want him to have techniques to outmaneuver oponents like Feint. Also, if enemies are gonna be big you may want him to have stuff like wrestling, jump and/or throwing for more versatile ways to fight it.
>>
>>87510942
>>87510983
A properly-used staff is pretty deadly. You can break skulls and ribs, not just limbs. Hell, you can basically stab people with them, despite the lack of a sharpened point. If GURPS doesn’t handle that sort of Cool HEMA Stuff then that’s a pretty significant failing.
>>
>>87511368
Most of those work. My go to right now is breaking peoples arms with Grappling.
The others work, jabbing people with it isnt as good as with a pointed tip but with Martial Arts theres weakpoints to hit.
>>
>>87511305
Using some kind of lightning magic to shock the hell out of a rhino-sized monster might be feasible. There's several magic systems in GURPS and one default one, but it sounds like something the GM would just need to homebrew. I don't think it would require a lot of work, it mostly just depends on how you're interpreting it or what you're imagining.

>>87511368
Yeah, it can be very deadly... against a person. Not as much against something that weighs 3,000 pounds and is charging you at 20 miles an hour. It handles "cool HEMA stuff" very well, possibly better than any other tabletop RPG. That's why it's not actually possible to stop a rhino with a staff. No amount of HEMA experience is gonna work on that.
>>
>>87511438
I presumed we were talking about ogres and not rhinos. There’s a pretty big difference there.
>>
>>87505904
There was a thread on the forums a few months ago where someone tried to run it in good faith and concluded that it didn't work rules as written.
>>
>>87514381
Would you happen to have a link to this particular thread? To save a search.
>>
>>87514609
https://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=184697&goto=nextnewest
>>
>>87505458
Well, maybe other turboautists like it, but for people who aren't turboautists, it does the reverse of incentivizing us to play the game- it makes me at least want to play the game less. I basically never want to look at Low Tech ever again for example, and every time I look at the GURPS basic set skills (or worse, advantages) I die a little inside.

Whereas at the border where you're just autistic enough to be able to create and use unique ideas but not so autistic that you can't tell how it comes off to other people... now THERE'S the sweet spot.
>>
>>87516361
I wonder what it feels like to have your book blown out by Bill Stoddard
>>
>>87516406
Are you that guy from the forums that screams about GURPS Lite being too complicated?
>>
>>87516428
No, forums are too much work.
>>
>>87516361
>>87516411
The Virgin Rice vs the Chad Stoddard
>>
>>87516361
You know, it's really off label, but one time I was building a state sized space habitat out of GURPS Spaceships - an O'Neill Cylinder. I got distracted and never finished it, but I was surprised at how good it was for deciding what was in the economy of the place. I made some small tweaks, like I remember food production expanded in space and workers cubed with size and expanded food production squared. I made them all cubed. Other than that I was just expanding tables upwards and subdividing sections so they could contain smaller facilities. It worked well. I think it could be used as a city planner with a bit of effort.
>>
>>87516361
Bill Stoddard is taking apart exactly why I didn't like Realm Management. Far too much wishy washy freeform RPitude. If I want to freeform RP it I don't need a city management supplement.
>>
How many turns of bullets is reasonable for a (TL 9) security drone in a cyberpunk setting?
>>
>>87516889
I'd say five to ten turns' worth of bullets.
>>
File: survivable guns.png (132 KB, 381x560)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>87451828
For Survivable guns, what counts as a (TL6-8) gun that fires projectiles that go fast enough? Every rifle, carbine and machine gun, while the rest are too slow?
>>
>>87517556
That sounds about right, although a lot of carbines fire pistol cartridges so a 9mm carbine might not cut it. Some armor piercing rounds like a steel core 5.7mm might count in the "fast enough" category.
>>
>>87517556
Pretty much any rifle round from the looks of it. Like the other anon said just make sure what kind of round you're using since carbines (and a lot of rifles in general) can come in pistol calibers.
>>
>>87517642
>>87517652
>pistol calibers
That must be the exceptions it was alluding to, thanks.
>>
>>87514381
Is there any good alternative?
>>
>>87519142
None that I am aware of. Lord of the manor seems the closest.
>>
So, what would be your melee weapon tier list?
>>
>>87516595
That matches my experience with Spaceships, too, anon. It extends very elegantly, and subdividing provides all the granularity you could want. David Pulver knows what he is doing.
>>
>>87519142
Use spaceships
>>
>>87516361
>Unfortunately, "Do what feels right/guess" just doesn't work for me.
>I think, actually, what I'm going to do is disregard the whole issue of Resource Points. I'm not planning to have the players govern a city, turn by turn (experience tells me that these players would get bored with that really fast).
>So I don't think I have any need to track Resource Points.
Based Bill Stoddard. Fantasy and Adaptations are great. Low-Tech and Social Engineering are top tier on the GURPS line. Even Supers and Furries are ok enough.

GURPS Realm Management p.3:
>Give the game’s propensity for realism, gameability, and adaptability, that shouldn’t be too hard... with the right rules. GURPS Realm Management provides such a system, with mechanics for running a realm, tables for disruptions and windfalls, new uses for skills, and much more.
virgin Rice is a lying fuck

>>87510942
GURPS Martial Arts has techniques to vary your attack rolls (grapples, feints, improved targeted attacks, sweeps, disarming). Arms are broken if you inflict an injury greater than 1/2 the monster's HP, it'll have to roll for HT or be knocked down and stunned too. You'll have to make sacrifices to your defense to reliably break arms, however.
Crushing weapons are absurdly cheap, use decent dice for damage, and a staff offers +2 to parry. Against good DR, injury modifiers don't do much of a difference. But bladed weapons are more threatening, save against mail armor.
>>
>>87511041
In terms of defence, the main problem for staff fighters facing giant monsters is weapon breakage. This isn't unique to staves; anyone who uses parry as their main active defence will have the same problem. In fact, staves are one of the better weapons to handle this, since they start off fairly heavy and there are quite a few options to make them harder to break:
You can buy a fine quality staff for a reasonable price. This makes the odds better, but doesn't change the threshold at which it become possible.
You can make your staff all-metal, with the rules in Fantasy Tech 2. This increases weight and therefore the threshold at which it risks breakage.
You can make it extra-large or heavy, using the rules for giant weapons in FT2/LTC2.
All of these are relatively cheap, because staves have low base costs.
Offensively, you have a couple of issues.
First, you need to get through DR. Staves aren't too bad for this, doing decent base damage. You can't upgrade their damage through quality as you can swords, but going all-metal and/or giant both increase damage and raise the maximum level of ST you can apply through them.
Then you have to worry about reach. Big opponents have good reach to use stand-off tactics, and their vulnerable parts can be hard to get to. Again, staves are pretty good at this and making them giant helps even more.
Weapon Master is good for staves, since they do swing damage and are parry-focused.
Staves can take most enchantments and use the usual options for imbuements, cinematic martial arts skills, weapon buff spells, etc. which GURPS fighters benefit from. These are too numerous to get into here, but one notable option for wooden staves is the Staff enchantment which allows a caster to deliver spells usually requiring touch with a weapon.
Finally, you have the option of swapping your staff for a different weapon which uses the Staff skill. Notable options are the uurga (Low-Tech p. 62, under sodegarami) and double-ended dao (FT2).
>>
>>87522651
So, how would you adjust spaceships to figure out the area of a city? They use volumetric space rather differently, and much less efficiently, than a spaceship or submarine.
>>
>>87511438
>...it sounds like something the GM would just need to homebrew.
Are you even slightly familiar with GURPS magic systems? There is no need to homebrew.
In the default magic system, you have the Lightning Weapon spell. This requires your weapon to be 'at least partly metallic' but Low-Tech Companion 2 clarifies that the GURPS quarterstaff has metal end caps. If that isn't enough to satisfy your GM, then you can make an all-metal staff with Fantasy Tech 2. Equivalent spells are available for other elements too, such as Flaming Weapon and Icy Weapon. Alternatively, you can enchant your staff with Staff and use it to deliver the Shocking Touch spell (or another touch-only spell, like Deathtouch).
Using imbuements, you can charge your weapon up with Crippling Blow (allowing effects like stunning, pain, or paralysis) or Electric Weapon.
Powers-as-Magic systems can simply use an Innate Attack (or possibly Affliction) attached to your weapon with Follow-Up (Universal).
>>
Noob here I am attempting to make a wfrp style beast man with a set of bighorn sheep style horns that he can ram into people with. I've given him skull DR and Crushing Strikers but I'm having trouble figuring out how a head down full tilt charge would work in play. Is it a slam? in which case can I use the striker damage and/or the Skull DR like a shield rush? Is that OP? Should I just use an all out attack? I'm worried the range would be too small and without a knockdown chance it wouldnt have the oomph im looking for.
>>
>>87516889
Depends on how big it is and what kind of weapon it is using. Cops usually seem to carry only a couple of reloads at best, so more than a few dozen rounds seems unlikely for a robot security guard. On the other hand, cinematic gun-toting security robots traditionally have fully automatic weapons and the usual Hollywood absurdly large amounts of ammunition for them, so hundreds (or even thousands) of rounds could be justified.
>>
>>87526596
https://enragedeggplant.blogspot.com/2019/05/monster-minotaur.html?m=1

https://enragedeggplant.blogspot.com/2021/11/monster-death-ox.html?m=1

https://enragedeggplant.blogspot.com/2022/02/monsters-monster-manual-ii-leftovers-ii.html?m=1

https://enragedeggplant.blogspot.com/2022/05/monsters-miniatures-handbook-monsters.html?m=1

https://enragedeggplant.blogspot.com/2018/08/monsters-dire-b.html?m=1

https://enragedeggplant.blogspot.com/2018/06/monsters-rhinoceroses.html?m=1

There are some random monster builds with related attacks. Take your pick.
>>
>>87526596
Treat a striker as a weapon. This means you can (but don't have to) substitute slam damage for thrust damage using the rules under Move and Attack (Martial Arts p. 107) and then add the striker's +1 per die. However, this is not a slam, despite using slam damage, and therefore does not get around the usual restrictions on Move & Attack (i.e. penalty to hit, skill cap). It does however avoid taking damage, as you would in a slam.
A slam is generally a whole-body collision, which is why it is significantly easier to hit with than other Move & Attack options.
The most effective method of smashing into enemies with horns is usually All-Out Attack (typically Strong, but Double to follow it up with a grapple is also viable).
>>
>>87526972
I get what youre saying about slams being a whole body collision but I think there should be a special provision for animals whose frontal area is essentially just their head like a bison/sheep/or a spearing NFL player who are slamming but have massive skulls/ horns/ helmets and pads to deal with the self damage.
>>
>>87516969
That's about what I was thinking at 8. Thanks.

>>87526647
I'm imagining the enemy droids from prequel Star Wars video games. But tech hasn't really gotten to the point in the setting I'm building that laser weapons are ubiquitous.
(Although looking them up apparently those droids are canonically larger than I thought. They're taller than me.)
>>
>>87522074
I more-or-less exclusively use spears and staves when I'm given the option to select my own melee weapon because you can use that one technique in MA and that seems rad to me.
>>
>>87527324
It seems reasonable to me to allow strikers to just give a simple +1 per die to slam damage and for DR on their location to reduce the damage suffered by the slam-er, but I can't find any published rules which explicitly support that.
One option for people who feel a need to go strictly by rules as written is to build a technique which mitigates the penalties for Move & Attack. There are several which do this in published material, such as Quicksilver Strike from Monster Hunters Power-Ups 1 and Running Attack (part of the Run and Hit power-up) from Dungeon Fantasy 11.
>>
>>87451828
>TQ
Basic, MA, Powers, Low-Tech, High-Tech.
Basically my go-to books for every campaign.
>>
>>87457970
Grogs are fakes, GURPS has actual old players that have been at this since the 80s (and they are the ones using VTTs even for face to face games).
>>
>>87457970
People always used quick reference in tables since OD&D so I don't think that is an issue to anyone.
>>
>>87527445
Which technique?
>>
>>87531245
Oh whoops, sorry, it's a perk, not a technique. Form Mastery (MA50).
>>
>>87451828
Are there any things to keep in mind when converting 3rd edition firearms to 4th edition?
>>
>>87534611
Not many.
Check it hasn't been done already; most of them have.
Reduce Acc to half, rounded up, I think.
Don't remember how recoil works. Reverse the number and add one? Check a few examples and it should be fairly clear.
Use the beam weapon design rules from Pyramid 3/37 to get bulk.
Cost in 3rd edition was often given in US dollars of the period. 4th edition changed to a fixed 'universal' dollar (roughly equivalent to early 2000s era USD). Adjust accordingly.
The specializations of Guns skill changed a bit in 4th edition. Check that you have the right one. Note that skill doesn't change depending on how you shoot it as it could in 3rd edition.

Please post anything you make. You can add it to the 'unofficial' section of the archive.
>>
>>87534756
>'unofficial' section of the archive
Which one is that? The Firearms Manual seems to be for 3rd edition and the GURPSGEN folder doesn't have a firearms PDF.
>>
>>87534871
I assume he just means if you make a pdf that contains new guns (or converted 3e guns) you can add it to the unofficial folder in the archive.
>>
>>87451828
Is there any way to edit the template of the sheet on GCS? e.g. to change the Religion label to Race for a fantasy game
>>
Has anyone tried to create a skill system for GURPS where maximum skill level you can reach in one particular skill is determined by your level in other related skills? For example to get to guns 18 you'd need to have at least soldier and armourer at 13 (just an example but you get the idea). If yes, how did it work?

I've been thinking of working out such a houserule, but i am not sure if it's a good enough idea to be worth the effort, or if it is just a bad idea in general. Ideally it would steer high point characters to naturally be less hyper specialized.
>>
>>87537349
That sound a lot like the rules for techniques.
>>
>>87537349
Kind of like defaults in reverse?
My work-in-progress skill list replacement does something similar, but if all you want is to make characters more rounded, I'd suggest adding more defaults rather than requiring spending more points. So you might have Armoury (Small Arms) default to Guns (Rifle)-8 or something; for most people it isn't enough to make a difference, but a real weapon expert can't help but pick up a bit of skill in fixing, adjusting, and even building them. I generally do allow stuff like that, but I don't have a formalized system; I just go with whatever seems reasonable for the task.
I think more generous defaults rather than required skills works better, because it keeps character sheets a little less cluttered and from a player's perspective it's more like you're giving a bonus rather than forcing them to spend points.
I generally use packages, styles, templates, and lenses to guide players to more rounded characters, but my players tend to prefer lots of skills rather than narrow specialization anyway (possibly because I'm constantly throwing odd challenges at them).
>>
Someone should add to the pdf that the address is casesensitive.
>>
>>87538797
I dunno. It's starting to get funny how many people just ignore the obviously case sensitive path
>>
How would you build a warlock, so somebody who never casts magic on their own, but rather accesses it through cpntracts with otherworldly entities?

Both Magery and Power Investment seem ill suited for this, since they still rely on the character's own skill.

My best idea thus far is using magery(maybe with increased price but 100% success chance) for the low level stuff, which is assumed to be borderline unlimited, while one time stuff like summoning an outer god would be modeled as lots of Favours?
>>
>>87539633
You have just described Divine Favor
>>
>>87539633
Hmm.

I was playing around with an ancient magus bride type character a while ago, and IIRC what I came up with was metatronic generators (the single use kind) as signature gear x5 for free replacing.

And the idea was that once a week he got a new (random) set of charms worth N pts.

You could do a setup like that.
>>
>>87507267
After the End was a genuinely nice take on post-apoc games, and its background setting was solid enough to expand on in more books. Perhaps they didn't want to make a blatant ripoff of "Fallout, but when it was good" - but they should have crushed that instinct in an iron fist.

My dream release is still "Technomancer with a Monster Hunters gloss". The easy surface level magitech aesthetic makes it accessible, and the autists can start planning out mercury golem terminators, soulspace fuckery, wearable flying carpets, and trying to make a Cube of Power.
>>
>>87539810
Eh, not quite. Divine favour assumes an unlimited amount of sporadically available miracles. What I am looking for is a limited amount of guaranteed to succeed effects not relient on the character's skill or status, which would be obtained before use, or can be activated in exchange for something immediately available.
>>
>>87540497
Skill Slot modular abilities with Preparation Required, Limited Use, and Learned Prayers Only
>>
I asked my cat if I should try GURPS and he attacked me. Do you think that's a yes or no in cat language?
>>
>>87540639
Depends on how he attacked you.

But David Pulver probably covers that in GURPS Furries.
>>
>>87540639
It's a "feed me." Play GURPS anyway, after feeding him.
>>
>>87539633
Technically, this sounds like a case for Contacts (or possibly Patrons) and some social skills, plus just enough magic (if any is needed) to actually contact the entities and make bargains with them. You don't actually have any of the main spells (or whatever you call them) on your character sheet, they are cast by your contacts.
However, this isn't how such characters tend to work in games. Instead they tend to actually buy abilities like everyone else with a bit of extra rules that they can get shut down if things go sufficiently wrong.
You can 're-fluff' skill-based magic as working like this. Your spellcasting skills represent your ability to direct the spirits to achieve specific effects. Path and Book Magic, Ritual Path Magic, and Incantation Magic all work well for this, since they don't have over-specific spells.
GURPS Powers: Divine Favor is another method of doing this. You have some abilities which are reliable and repeatable, and the option of asking for something else.
Another option would be to combine the rules for one-shot abilities from GURPS Supers with those from Power-Ups 5: Impulse Buys. You buy a pool of 'spirit contract points' (equivalent to impulse points) at 5 character points each, which refresh at a rate of 1 per session (+1 per 10 points spent on rapid refresh, as per Impulse Buys). Then you can spend those on buying abilities: one spirit contract point gets 5 points worth of advantages. However, these advantages are one-use only. You can split the points up even finer, by reducing the spirit contract points to 1 character point each, which gives you 1 point worth of advantages (regeneration becomes 5 points per session for free, 2 character points per +1 to that). Slap limitations like 'Divine' or 'Spirit' on it and you're good to go.
>>
>>87451828
Fantasy and Horror have werewolf templates that are just people turning into actual wolves or whatever other animal, how would you make a template for werewolves of the brutish, somewhat humanoid sort?
>>
alright fellas.
Im about to start prepping a campaign set in 'Feudal TL3 Post-post apoc North America' and I require your strongest GURPS Books.

which one should I take a gander at beside Low tech+Companions+Basic set.
>>
>>87542858
CK2 After the End setting? If so, based. (Still pretty cool if not, I suppose).
DF16 has a wilderness travel supplement which could be useful.
If you plan to make use of any of the more fantastical features of the game, then Fantasy and Thaumatology could be useful, too.

Either way, tell us more. I for one always think the thread could use more game talk.
>>
File: 1666061302012758.jpg (437 KB, 1920x1080)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
>>87542858
KISS
The less splats you introduce, the less complications you introduce.

At a minimum, make sure to keep tabs on how the world died, to keep your lore straight. If it was just scifi, good on you, keep it real and semi-medieval. If its magic, say how and why, and have lore reasons for your chosen magic methods.
>>
>>87540707
>>87540555

These sound like they'd work, thanks
>>
reading the stat sheet for the T-gewehr out of curiosity. what does the damage being 5dx2(2) pi mean? 5d=5d6, multiplied by 2, but what does the (2) mean?
>>
>>87544102
Armor divisor 2.
>>
>>87544142
so it hits some armor, divides the DR BY 2, then you apply damage?
IE if I roll a 18 of damage, I multiply it by 2, then halve DR?
>>
>>87544151
Read the book, retard
>>
>>87544160
ok sorry
>>
>>87544151
Roll damage, multiply, then divide the armor, then multiply by the wounding modifier.
>>
>>87544193
gotcha. found it in the book as well, thank you my friend.
>>
>>87543330
It is indeed CK2 After the end. I just knew if I said After the end someone would go 'well there's books called after the end'.

My main idea is centered around having the players chase a macguffin pair of young heirs from the northern reaches of the ontario high court, down to the duchy of the mouse, way down in Florida, and prevent a conspiracy by those syncretic consumerist-americanist (with a touch of carribean) of hatching their plot to sacrifice the pair in order to reawaken "Mr.Disney"

>Why twins?
Something about needing both a boy and a girl, from that old disney greeting to the nightime parades 'Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls'
>Why royals? and why from the so far reaches of canada?
Births among the peasantry probably have much less record keeping, and having a pair that was born on a full moon night, and also had their innocence preserved (or atleast, more so than that of the peasantry) probably fits into their plan nicely
It also, in a Doylist sense, allows me to showcase the variety of this new america.

A few things im unsure about is if im gonna have the players pointbuy their religion, or leave it as a choice to them. Im also unsure of how to keep them hot on the trail down to florida, without putting too many times the 'Oh, you missed them by just an hour, they passed right through here!' too many times. I figure if I did that I'd have the party going "F*ck this, im going home, they can keep them" Having them start on the trail rather than play Clue with the different factions of the court is also a good question.

>>87543632
The world died so long ago that im probably just gonna have 'cultural traditions' and 'landmarks' from across the map to give hints as to what might have happenned. Isn't it strange the people in Nawlins crush the head of anyone who dies?
>>
>>87451828
Is there additional rules for taming wild animal besides B, 458?
And especially ways to train them faster?
>>
>>87546077
>And especially ways to train them faster?
That table actually is copied directly from the Third Edition Basic Set p. 144 (with all the tables shifted down by 1 point of IQ, since nonsapient IQ levels were changed between editions).
GURPS Third Edition Bestiary p. 71 explicitly states: "The training times given [in that table] are generous to the characters; don't shorten them." This advice presumably remains relevant to Fourth Edition.
>>
>>87546550
>all the tables
*all the rows
>>
>>87540904
There's a wolf-man template in Horror, straight after the werewolf.
You could also just borrow a template from existing material like the Jagrilla Hound from Bio-Tech or the Lupine from Furries and take that as an alternate form.
Or you could make your own custom template. That's easy enough. Personally, I like werewolves to have a bunch of wolf-related stuff (senses, ability to control wolves, possibly tougher than normal human) in their base form, so they don't have to change shape to get some benefit from their template.
Here's an example build for a high-powered combat-focused game.
>>
>>87546077
In an unrealistic game, you might be able to apply the usual rules for reducing the time spent on a long task (i.e. -1 skill per 10% reduction in time).
Some of the rules from Social Engineering: Back to School might be applicable, but it doesn't explicitly cover training animals.
>>
File: 1593666031743.png (146 KB, 2274x1094)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
bump eet.
>>
>>87548911
I'm going to need a source on that law enforcement thing.
>>
>>87549366
We at Paizo strive to represent our company’s values of inclusivity through the content of our Pathfinder and Starfinder publications. Showcasing diversity in the stories of the cultures, races, sexualities, and gender identities of our characters is something we’ve tried to emphasize since the company’s inception 18 years ago. As we wrote in our public statement earlier this month about the Black Lives Matter movement, it’s an ongoing and vital process.

The murder of George Floyd by police and the resulting political actions, increased visibility around issues of police brutality, and ongoing conversation about the role of policing in our society casts a difficult light upon Agents of Edgewatch, our upcoming Pathfinder Adventure Path in which players take on the roles of members of the city watch in a vast fantasy metropolis. As Paizo’s publisher, I want to take this opportunity to address the situation directly.

When we began work early last year on Agents of Edgewatch, we conceived of the adventures as a pseudo-Victorian crime drama in which a party of Sherlock Holmeses would bring a cult of sinister murderers to justice against the backdrop of a World’s Fair-style celebration in Absalom, the huge city at the center of the Pathfinder world. Along the way, we’d dabble in some buddy cop movie tropes and use the players’ role as new and idealistic town guards as a framing device for a tour of the city as they attempt to thwart the evil cult’s machinations.

In our heads, this was a classic detective story, not a chance for players to act out power fantasies of being militarized police officers oppressing citizens. As publisher, I was confident that we could steer well clear of egregious parallels to modern police violence and handle the material responsibly.
>>
>>87549454
But there’s more to it than that. What I hadn't realized—no doubt a result of my own privilege—is that the very concept of police, the idea of in fact taking on the role of police, makes some members of the Paizo community deeply uncomfortable, no matter how deftly we might try to pull off the execution.

While I remain proud of the work we as a team have put into the Agents of Edgewatch campaign, and I believe that our writers, developers, and editors have ensured that the subject matter has been handled responsibly, I also believe that if we were making the decision about Adventure Path themes today, we would have chosen to go forward with a different idea, or a different take on a similar detective-story theme. For many of us here at Paizo, our understanding has evolved, not just of the horrible impact of police violence, but how some members of our community—especially those who are also members of the Black community—have not had the luxury of ignoring it.

To that end, I should acknowledge that some members of our staff did raise concerns about the campaign’s theme early on. In retrospect, I did not give these concerns the full audience that they deserved, and I regret this oversight. That’s part of the learning process, too.

I remain confident in our ability to create a campaign that lives up to our editorial and moral standards—even while acknowledging that we should have chosen a different approach for this Adventure Path. The events of the Agents of Edgewatch campaign assume empathic, heroic player characters who are there to serve their community. Groups who wish to play the campaign without taking on the role of city guards will be able to remove the law-enforcement element from the story without much work, instead telling the heroic tale of a band of local adventurers who take it upon themselves to rid the city of murderers and evil cultists.
>>
File: agents of chudwatch.jpg (219 KB, 921x1197)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>87549466
The free Agents of Edgewatch Player’s Guide (scheduled to release next week) will offer several suggestions on how to do this, as well as tips on how to utilize and adapt Pathfinder’s non-combat conflict-resolution mechanics as well as non-lethal combat rules when running the campaign.

I’d like to acknowledge the efforts of our editing team, who have been exemplary in helping us to eliminate unintentionally problematic elements, consult with sensitivity readers, and ensure that products come with detailed content warnings. The developers have likewise been striving to be more sensitive to these concerns. I hope that Agents of Edgewatch as a whole will display our ability to listen and present the subject matter respectfully. We will continue to strive to improve our sensitivity and ensure our adventure and plot elements remain firmly in the realm of fantasy.

While we cannot afford to cancel or delay the Adventure Path, we want to show our commitment to remedying our earlier choices through action. As we stated in a previous blog, we’ve contributed the Starfinder Core Rulebook to Humble Bundle’s Fight for Racial Justice charity fundraising campaign, which has already raised more than $3,700,000 for the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, Race Forward, and the Bail Project. Furthermore, Paizo will donate a portion of proceeds from all volumes of the Agents of Edgewatch Adventure Path sold through the end of 2021 to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund. Lastly, next month, we’ll announce another major fundraising effort focused squarely on Paizo’s products, with charity proceeds to benefit Black-oriented charities. We hope you will join us in these efforts.

We remain committed to the ideals of inclusivity and racial justice. We will continue to listen and will strive to do better in the future.
>>
>>87549366
>>
>>87545260
That sounds awesome. I'd play in that game, for sure. I also think your instincts about tracking the twins is on point. You might consider that the twins might need to be killed on a certain date (the equinox, July 4th, etc). That way your players still are in a race against time.

I once ran an AtE game, too. The players were sworn retainers of Elias Waltney, and helped him conquer Florida for the Mouse and make the Magic Kingdom. Fun stuff.
>>
>>87549454
>>87549466
>>87549475
>>87549509
>could it be that some cops are actually good and that not all cops are power-hungry, blood-thirst bastards?
>no of course not
>ALL cops are bad
Jesus Christ, what the actual fuck is wrong with these people?

>What I hadn't realized—no doubt a result of my own privilege
Twitter liberal's hands wrote these words.
>is that the very concept of police, the idea of in fact taking on the role of police, makes some members of the Paizo community deeply uncomfortable, no matter how deftly we might try to pull off the execution
How mentally disturbed, or deficient, do you have to be to find the idea of LAW ENFORCEMENT "uncomfortable"?
>>
>>87550078
That tends to happen when you get to that level of brainrot.
>>
>>87550237
this image should've stayed in beef between marxist leninists and anarchists or anarchists and post anarchists. your kind aren't supposed to understand it.
>>
>>87551601
what do you even know of my politics.
>>
>>87548911
>Square Root of Cat!
Hahahahahaha
>>
>>87550078
Basically all nonwhite, nonasian people I've met hate the idea of law enforcement. Several Native American communities here have tossed them out and replaced them with what is essentially a team of mediators and social workers, and their replacement seems to work fine.
- Canada.
>>
>>87554380
How many murders happen on that rez, out of curiosity? I'm trying to gauge if it's comparable to Chicago or Baltimore.
>>
>>87550078
> twitters liberal hands
Its corporate apology speak. Hes been trained by HR in the cult of critical race theorism, and regardless of whether he buys it (he might) he speaks it to the masses to solve PR messes.
>>
>>87554421
I'm pretty sure theres nowhere in this country with that many annual murders per capita. There's less murders when very few people have automatics or handguns. Stabbers don't usually get so far before theyre caught, and you can't just walk around town with a shotgun here.
>>
What are some good cheat sheets for GURPS combat for a new GM?
>>
>>87554421
>>
>>87554421
Found some stats about natives.
>>
>>87554585
So, Chicago has three times the murders.

You guys kill eachother much more than most of the developed world.
>>
>>87554606
Gang on gang violence, which is what media loves to peddle as "gun violence".

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.