[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tow.jpg (61 KB, 783x391)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
Will it be successful?
>>
GW paypigs will slurp anything that isn't Aeronautica Imperialis.
>>
I dont know, I may play it if people in my area play
I just want the WHF spycofans to stop blaming AoS for what happen, its like they live in a time capsule.
>>
>>86828304
sure, I'll play it
>>
>>86828304
The old warhammer fantasy sure as fuck wasn't lmao
>>
>>86828361
Lmao thatll never happen. Bitter fantasy fags are eternally mad. Play asoiaf if you want a decent rank and flank
>>
>>86828358
Nobody knows or cares who this is, please stop doxxing some random child on /tg/ every day, you're either underageb& or potentially a pedo.
>>
File: 1589638741881.jpg (81 KB, 1115x438)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>86828304
>2022 GW
yes but you will have a lot of black female state troops all of a sudden
>>
>>86828304

If you have to buy veritable armies of minis to even get started then no.

I wonder if going to a smaller scale would fix the issue. My worry is that it would alienate those who want to paint intricate miniatures.
>>
>>86828447
>Play asoiaf if you want a decent rank and flank
I've been looking at it a lot, but I just really like the old WFB races and style. How would you say it compares to 6th wfb or KoW?
>>
>>86828304
who fucking knows
they still won't fucking tell us anything substantial about it
>>
>>86829476
Shame it's FW based. so you'll have like two players
>>
>>86830301
Well we know it won't have chaos warriors, since they just remade most of their core troops to not fit either the settign or the system (especially the chosen who are now too big to fit on their wfb bases and have stormcast bits). Likely no Lizardmen either since they just remade Kroak into plastic and he too has intentional anachronic bits on his model and is bigger
>>
File: Empire 4106.jpg (69 KB, 700x380)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
It's almost certainly going to only be interesting in seeing just how shit it is. There's no way this thing comes out and is even remotely good as a game, or is anything anyone really wanted, but it'll sell models anyway.

>>86829536
Going to smaller scale would be the smart move, and if they did that they'd probably go with something odd like 18mm or 22mm. But this is GW, and it's being pushed through Forgeworld, so expect something like 32mm figures and a big focus on special monsters and special characters.
Expect the Forgeworld Horus Heresy range but for Warhammer Fantasy.

I also expect a very wide range of a lot of small units though as well as I'm one of those who think's they're only doing this to retain IP stuff, so they'll try and cover a bit of everything but have tiny formed block units of like 6-12 guys. But just covering all the bases of old units they had produced, as cheaply as possible (on the production side).
>>
File: Blackfire_Warpack.png (378 KB, 606x350)
378 KB
378 KB PNG
>>86830346
We know it won't have my favorite rat unit since they weren't invented until much later
>>
Considering that the potential audience is grogs who hadn't bought a single mini in the decade prior to WHFB getting the axe (and who will continue to do so because MUH SOVL) and secondaries, I'm going with no. Being made by FW just makes things worse
>>
>>86830840
What about all the kids who grew up with AoS who might be interested in something a bit more grounded and gritty than their He-Man wargame?
>>
>>86828304
Hopefully not. I want GW to die and take everyone who's ever played their shit games out of the hobby. Nothing of value would be lost.
>>
>>86831044
Thye can already use planty of the models in a better game system.
>>
>>86831044
>a bit more grounded and gritty
They play something other than a GW game. or Middle-Earth, but sure as fuck not fantasy.
>>
>>86828304
Will there be Skaven?
>>
>>86828304

Anyone who sincerely wants to play WFB can already do so, and likely to a much higher standard than whatever GW intends to shit out. We are currently living in a world where:
> Every prior edition is freely available online with all rules and army books accessible
> There are a range of fan-made supplements that take the game in various directions, again available for free
> About half of the old factions are still available straight from GW's teat, either with the models as they were in 8E or with some kits modernised.
> A range of third party sculpts and 3d prints that are much cheaper and frequently much better than whatever GW left you with

This game appeals to people who are so addicted to GW cock that they would turn all of that down to play in an official venue and attend events. I don't know many people who can honestly say that they trust modern GW to make a better ruleset than any previous or competing.
The only things that this game offers are a revival in your FLGS and the possibility of new models.
>>
>>86830341
Source on FW based? If that's true literally dead on arrival.
>>
>>86831225
Peachy (the guy who headed their painting and has since left) among other things mentioned it on his youtube channel. Said it was the pet project of the head of FW
>>
>>86831104
yes
>>
>>86831241
Yeah that's a shame. As much as I hate to say it this needs to appeal to grogs to have any chance of long term success. Something like the Orcs vs Empire 6th ed starter would have been a great way to start.
>>
>>86828304
Depending on who you're talking to and the context of your question it has different answers
>Will people play it
probably
>will people continue to play it after hype wears thin
maybe, people are still getting in games of horus heresy albeit I have noticed the amount of excitement for plastic versions of models people already own starting to wane a bit
>will it fully replace age of sigmar
did horus heresy replace 40k?
>>
>>86831192
People get so hooked waiting for their next hit of new plastic that for a lot of people that's all they want. They aren't actually going to buy new models, they just want to be able to get excited with the community about new things existing.
>>
>>86828361
>I just want the WHF spycofans to stop blaming AoS for what happen
Won’t happen. Doesn’t matter how tall you build that skyscraper or how nice the party on the upper floors winds up, the building’s foundations will always be the sodomized corpse of WF
>>
>>86831087
>>a bit more grounded and gritty
>They play something other than a GW game. or Middle-Earth, but sure as fuck not fantasy.
Relative to AoS anon
>>
>>86831044
>>86831412
There's nothing gritty about magic schoolbus settign about geography of the world.
>>
>>86831078
Yes, but what if they want to play Warhammer again after coming back from Kings of War
>>
>>86831412
A shocker coming for you anon, fantasy was just as up there in the fantasy side as AoS is.
>>
>>86828304
Depends whether they include Tomb Kings.
>>
>>86831388
kind of a bad analogy since most people can't give a shit about that sort of thing even in the most inhumane instances
>>
>>86831464
>A shocker coming for you anon, fantasy was just as up there in the fantasy side as AoS is.
I am well aware that fantasy was high fantasy despite much of the humans being drawn with dirt on their faces, but it is downright dishonest to try and argue that AoS isn’t higher fantasy
>>
>>86831388
Peachy just did a video about this
He literally calls out the grogs.
> all you guys saying you played since 6th
> THEN WHERE WERE YOU?
And it wasn't just '8th killed it'- dude said it was DEAD the entire time he worked a fucking store.
>>
>>86831587
Never said it wasn't higher, but that they were about the same. AoS is just more upfront about it. Fantasy still had mountain sized monsters, calling down meteors out of space, turning entire enemy armies into gold statues and so on
>>
>>86831616
I do enjoy the fact that middle-earth not only vied for top spot with 40k for a while, but bumped fantasy so far down into third it was barely considered a core game. and it stayed like that even after the lotr bubble burst.
>>
I'll certainly do my part to make it successful... those Kislev and Cathay kits are sure to be full of useful bitz for kitbashing Cities of Sigmar.
>Captcha: ARMSDM
>>
File: its true.png (269 KB, 500x445)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>86828304
Of course not, TWW secondaries don't buy minis.
>>
>>86829536
>those who want to paint intricate miniatures
anon, that has been GW's primary (and only) target market since like 2 CEOs ago. They're a model company, not a games company. They don't want people playing games in their stores any more. Their mission statement is about making the best fantasy miniatures in the world, not the best games. They'll never release a game that uses non-instagrammable miniatures, so I'd say going smaller scale is out of the question. (Plus I'm sure they've said people will be able to use their old minis)
>>
>>86831616
As a grog who played in 6th, where I was was playing other games because they unleashed Matt Ward on 7th and everyone got sick of that very quickly. And it's always massively easier to convince gamers to go forward to new other thing than go back to old thing that worked, so me and my group took up historicals and the like instead.

Also to always keep in mind with these anecdotal bits is most of the miniatures wargames industry/hobby takes place outside of physical stores. People do it at homes, or in clubs, and at conventions.
There's an incredible amount of games and miniatures lines out there that the average idiot would call dead games simply because they can't just go get a pick-up game somewhere and would have to interact with people to organise playing them, and yet there's clearly enough going on out of sight to support the incredible variety.

>>86831935
They literally can't stop people using their old models, they can only incentivise replacing them.
>>
>>86832005
There's nothing anecdotal when it comes from the mouth of someone who was working there at the time.

And he means "where were you" as in supporting the game.
>>
>>86832199
>And he means "where were you" as in supporting the game.
Where was GW during that time? WHFB wasn't selling well so they doubled down on making it an unbalanced mess and increasing the entry cost of the game. Clearly it's WHFB players fault the game died because they weren't willing to continue to buy slop and expected GW to provide a quality product. I get it, LOTR was easier to produce, made more money, and WHFB was an opportunity cost for GW as a whole so they killed it.
>>
>>86830522
>so they'll try and cover a bit of everything but have tiny formed block units of like 6-12 guys. But just covering all the bases of old units they had produced, as cheaply as possible (on the production side).
You absolute moron, you have no idea of what the GW production process actually looks like? Protip: the difference in how much plastic granules you need to drop into the injection molding machine is a comparatively minuscule expense compared to designing and commissioning a mold.
>>
>>86832005
>They literally can't stop people using their old models,
Don't worry, we're working on that.
>>
>>86831616
>Peachy just did a video about this
>He literally calls out the grogs.
>> all you guys saying you played since 6th
>> THEN WHERE WERE YOU?
>And it wasn't just '8th killed it'- dude said it was DEAD the entire time he worked a fucking store.
Don’t know why you’ve been obsessed with that chucklefuck of late, but there’s no argument against the fact that WF wasn’t making money. That’s what happens when there’s no marketing or new releases and several beloved armies are left to rot multiple editions behind the “current” game
>>
>>86832199
>There's nothing anecdotal when it comes from the mouth of someone who was working there at the time.
What do you think the word anecdotal means?
>>
>>86833295
Anything that disagrees with me.
>>
>>86833319
Ok
>>
>>86828304
Hope so
Probably more simpler than AoS like horus heresy
>>
>>86830741
Really?
But they're in Vermintide
>>
>>86833283
It doesn't help either when the community has always been openly anti-GW and openly against buying models.
>>
>>86833507
TOW turns the clock back quite a few centuries.
>>
>>86829476
Not that you will believe me, but it existed in the lore already
>>
>>86833523
whatever you say buddy
>>
>>86832291
It's being done by forgeworld, which means resin, and forgeworld fucking hates putting effort in for anything in terms of production, hell the fucking chinese recasters tend to have better production quality than the official forgeworld shit.

There's no way they're putting in the effort needed to replicate the mass required for the old game when they'd rather make their money on massively overpriced characters and shit they can sell everyone 1 of for far less effort.
>>
>>86833760
>It's being done by forgeworld, which means resin
These days it means a core of plastic and upgrades/special characters in resin. See Necromunda and HH.
>>
>>86833507
Vermintide takes place during the End Times. TOW takes place about 300 years prior, if my wiki-trawling is correct.
>>
>>86831616
>THEN WHERE WERE YOU?
Bumfuck nowhere, Australia, same as always.
>dead in stores
What kind of weirdo plays in stores?
>>
It sure smells like Selenium in here...
>>
Is this Horus Heresy for Fantasy fags?
>>
>>86830341
>>86831225
>>86831241
It's only FW based in the same way that Necromunda is, which is to say it's in the technicalities of what teams are running it, not a determination of the main material for the product.
>>
>>86834126
Nah, that's Copium, anon
>>
What's the difference between circle and square bases?
>>
File: IMG_20221122_202605.jpg (2.27 MB, 4160x3120)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB JPG
>>86831931
I actually got into AoS thanks to total warhammer
>>
>>86834677
Square bases are look like squares, circle bases look like circles.
>>
>>86834677
Circles are bigger and leave more space for the model, squares are smaller and designed to cramp things tight. Circles are also compatible with all the other GW games.
>>
>>86828429
you don't think 30 years of a game isn't successful?...
>>
>>86834758
just make the squares bigger and you can line up the action pose guys in neat rows

ideally shield and spear walls should be tightly packed but barbarian hordes or whatever can have some shoulder room
>>
>>86828304
I hope not, please stop advertising it here redshirt
>>
>>86830346
they could just rerelease the previous warrior kit under ToW on the store
>>
>>86831616
>THEN WHERE WERE YOU?
playing at home with friends and not in a gw store where by 7th and 8th edition they'd rather be pushy and upsell everything than let you get on with games and buy the occasional kit when you feel like it like you always did before, and the gw stores discouraged playing older editions when the new ones came out.
>>
Honestly I hope ToW kicks KoW to the curb. I've given Mantic plenty of chances, it's just a shit company living off of GW's incompetence.
>>
>>86834836
They already did that, chaos infantry was on 25mm squares but regular human infantry in other factions went on 20mm
>>
>>86834854
What's the point of spending time, money and resources on designing new kits if you plan to keep selling the old one?
>>
>>86834902
Easy money. You get to reuse the old mold without spending a dime and sell it for nostalgic value to neckbeards in their thirties.
>>
>>86828304
As I look into kings of war more I think kings of war deserves more success.
The old world will get no support, will have old models noobs won't want to get, they can't just re release a shitload of old stuff and expect success. I just don't see it working out.
About 5 years too late for the total war fans too.
>>
>>86834921
Kings of War doesn't deserve shit. They've had 7 fucking years to come up with a better game than WHFB, free of competition from GW.
>>
>>86828304
no.

are they going to release the game with 50+ new kits because thats how many kits that are missing to get a playable wfb? of course not so why even bother
>>
>>86828304
It will fail for two reason;

1) GW is forced to introduce scale creep, because chubby American fingers require large models. This also help kids who cant colour inside the lines. see AOS for examples
2) GW does not understand that Characters are insignificant on a battlefield. see AOS for examples

This is why 6th edition, played with any *fantasy release* models, will always be the greatest game ever made.
>>
>>86835079
>Characters are insignificant on a battlefield
You must read middling at best fantasy stories,
>>
>>86835079
im sure i would say characters are insignificant in wfb.

a lord on a dragon is pretty killer.
>>
>>86831192
>The only things that this game offers are a revival in your FLGS and the possibility of new models.
This and new game rules.
You have to be a complete fucking retard not to understand that as a win-win. At worst you get a couple of new models availible to use for whatever fantasy edition/third party alternative you prefer and at best you get a Warhammer Fantasy renaissance.
>>
>>86834902
it's for a different game, they're still going to sell the new ones for aos
>>
>>86835137
>At worst you get a couple of new models availible to use for whatever fantasy edition/third party alternative you prefer
Yeah at modern gw/forgeworld prices
no thanks
>>
>>86834689
I'm sorry you're retarded
>>
>>86833786
What happened 300 years prior? Who was the emperor and what events happened? Will this be the time of Magnus the pious?
>>
>>86831357
>albeit I have noticed the amount of excitement for plastic versions of models people already own starting to wane a bit
Really doesn't help that GW insists on showing off heads and shoulder pads week after week rather than just dumping them all on us in batches. Gives the (probably correct) impression that GW has nothing planned for HH after MkVI upgrades, Praetors and characters.
>>
>>86835153
AoS was using the old ones for years. From company pov there is 0 reason to remake the same unit if they keep the other version around
>>
>>86833662
black female empire state troops already existed? where? in some third party RPG book made in the last 5 years?
>>
So the setting is going to be WHF but a few hundred years in the past rather than an alternative timeline? Doesn't that limit their creative freedom quite a bit?
>>
>>86835294
I mean, it worked for Mordheim.
>>
>>86835215
Empire has trading outposts in Fake Africa, Fake Africa has human tribes alongside the Tomo Kings and Savage Orks, therefore it's likely they have black troops some of which may be female bc fantasy.
>>
>>86835346
Like 40K, Fantasy is built to be big enough and redundant enough for every canon army to fight any other army at any given time and also for your OC Donut Steal army of Catgirl Pirates to fit in seamlessly
>>
>>86835294
Setting already limited their creativ freedom to the point they axed it and tgey only come back to it because bussines suit wanted a tie in product to something that already came out a year ago, so i doubt the time period metters
>>
>>86835455
Not really, the setting only got "small" after 6th edition cause they focused too much on detailing every single event in the timeline, rather than keeping some aspects vague so players could tell their own stories.
>>
File: sell.png (306 KB, 785x387)
306 KB
306 KB PNG
>>86828304
Cant be worse than AoS
>>
File: bc975d2d.png (337 KB, 500x633)
337 KB
337 KB PNG
>>86835495
Yeah bro *snort*
>>
>>86835495
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THEY OVERPRODUCED ON PURPOSE SO THAT EVERYONE INCLUDING POORFAGS COULD GET A BOX AT A 50% DISCOUNT BECAUSE THEY'RE NICE LIKE THAT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>86831616
>Peachy
The fuck's a peachy?

I was probably on another continent, and definitely not playing in a GW store.
>>
>>86831616
I didn't even know about Warhammer before they released a flurry of video games in 2015/2016.
>>
>>86835198
the reason is to differentiate AOS from ToW and ensure you can't as easily buy minis for one to use in the other
>>
File: 1629335326621.jpg (176 KB, 1280x720)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>86835495
>>86835524
>gw specifically made this STARTER SET so that scalpers can't immediately buy it in bulks and in such quantities that this STARTER SET is constantly available
>LGS buy it with the assumption that it is sold out in minutes like the 40k box (a much more popular game)
>AOS also has a much more diverse playerbase in terms of factions so the starter box only appeals to new players and two existing armies.
>LGS have to put massiv discounts on the box because they bought too much
I hate shitposter.
>>
>>86835675
No, no, you're wrong, it's obviously because AoS is failing and GW should cater to my old boomer ass instead.
>>
>>86828361
Fuck AoS and fuck you too
>Verification not required.
>>
>>86835689
>GW should cater to my old boomer ass instead.
Fuck no. I don't want to be tempted to give them money
>>
File: 100_2664.jpg (389 KB, 1708x700)
389 KB
389 KB JPG
>>86831616
>THEN WHERE WERE YOU?
Playing fantasy. 7th started choking out the local WHFB scene and 8th killed it, whether it was the pricing or the army books I'm not so sure but 8th made the game a graveyard. ET nagash revitalized things (I started building a new army with a local league), but then every other ET release torpedoed interest right back down with the coup de grace of AoS to really sour everyone's mood.

and for extra context I was working at GW during the 7th-8th edition period. Most people focused on 40k or warmachine, with a couple weirdoes (myself included) finally seeing more people join in with infinity.

>>86831801
It's a shame they futzed up war of the ring and started making the blisters extra expensive. The black numenoreans were right up there with metal blood knights. Scared away a lot of people even though the main game was still great.
>>
>>86835706
Neither is gonna go away, so you can fuck yourself with a Chaos Black rattle can.
>>
>>86834934
It is a good game. I find it quite funny people seem to hate generic fantasy except tt gamers. So tt gamers hate it but rpg nerds and world of warcraft fans love that style
I don't know its odd. You'd think world if warcraft style fantasy would be huge
>>
>>86835706
post model, show me that you are not a secondary
>>
>>86835675
Also new Orcs are ugly
>>
>>86835772
Screw "good", Mantic as a whole makes a living by passively dunking on GW and being there for scorned fans. The one time they get the chance to knock it out of the park and offer a worthy alternative to WHFB, and all they can come up with is a "good game"? Fuck off with that, nobody should accept mediocrity just to "own GW".
>>
>>86828361
doubt, you need to understand the sheer grudge and spite that the end times created and how scornful age of sigmar felt, many player just oculdn't stand to see their guys done dirty or put in the eternal backburner.
if anything age of sigmar now may be free to flourish as its own thing but the old world may end being jsut that, the OLD world no movement just setting
>>
>>86835906
AoS is basically like the Star Wars prequels, I'd say in roughly 3-5 years most of the negativity will be drowned out by people who actually play and enjoy the game, seeing it for what it is.
>>
File: undead-troops.jpg (88 KB, 596x300)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>86835902
Name what is bad about Kings of war the game
>>
>>86835947
Feels more like Warmaster, rank and file aspect is almost cosmetic. Unit/ character stats seem like an afterthought. And on top of that, you've got godawful models and "we have Warhammer at home" tier shit lore that's sure to repel 99% of Fantasy players. It just feels cheap and derivative, rather than a real successor.
>>
>>86834689
It's a short step going from Ratfag to AoSfag
>>
>>86829476
I really, really like this picture. Can I save it?
>>
>>86835976
Warmaster is arguably a better game than fantasy battles. The biggest flaw of Kings of war is the setting and the human faction looking too high fantasy. Other factions like the undead and abysal dwarfs feel solid and look pretty good. The models are a mixed bag of great and shite but it's also model agnostic in a way that allows for a lot of great proxying.
>>
>>86835993
Warmaster IS better than FB in most ways, but that's not gonna fly with players expecting a substitute to FB. There's just nothing about KoW that sells the game as anything but a poor man's attempt at FB. The second TOW comes out, nobody will even remember KoW.
>>
>>86836063
I disagree politely because I think the old world is going to be a huge flop that missed its timing when it had guaranteed success handed to it. Forge world games struggle in general, people aren't going to want ancient models that don't scale with the new ones, model lines intersecting with aos will confuse people etc.

What does the old world got going for it?
>>
File: tiresome.png (643 KB, 1022x731)
643 KB
643 KB PNG
>>86835346
Therefore 1 in 4 Imperials are now we-wuzzers.
>>
>>86836083
>What does the old world got going for it?

First and foremost, and this cannot be overstated, it's gonna shut up a *some* of the angry FB players (we've yet to see how many). As long as it includes rules for all classic factions from the get-go, people will either dust off their ancient armies or buy models.
>>
>>86836083
>What does the old world got going for it?
Well, it's going to have Warcraft chinks and faggotized Kislev. Surely that appeals to...a certain sort of individual.
>>
>>86835346
yeah what this guy said >>86836099
there being some underbaked lore about the empire having a colony in fake africa does not mean we should be expecting black women to suddenly comprise 15% of frontline troops fighting for the Empire.
>>
>>86836109
The chink faction was so poor and world breaking in tow3 I lost all hope for old world being a success.
Launching with 2 factions nobody really cares about instead of something exciting and truly nostalgia baiting is an awful idea
>>86836104
They might but I feel like tow already feels like a red headed step child side forge world game which isn't exactly the place wfb fans want to be in. Also if you HAVE a wfb army you could have been playing kings of war OR end times OR armies project this whole time.
KOW especially since its still getting content and releases and I know its important for a game to be living for people to want to partake
>>
>>86836137
So paint them white or kitbash them into normal men?
>>
>>86834015
>What kind of weirdo plays in stores?
Sociopathic menchildren and GW cockslaves.
Whoever plays at a GW-controlled venue should also be added to the police pedo list
>>
File: ANP-zwarte%20piet_0.jpg (432 KB, 2048x1152)
432 KB
432 KB JPG
>>86836137
I sense a lot of potential in the "The Empire was always 25% black" concept.
>>
>>86835810
>new Orcs are ugly
As they should be, this is not a WoW kiddie thread. Your point?
>>
>>86836161
Posts like these make me sad. My GW store is the comfiest place to play, they'll let you play anything you want, even Fantasy Battles.
>>
>>86836104
>As long as it includes rules for all classic factions from the get-go
Daemons and militia are currently missing from 30k 2.0 so that's far from guaranteed
>>
>>86836174
Orcs should be clean energy wielding goodies
>>86836184
Mine doesn't even allow games in store
>>
>>86836394
>>
>>86836394
...What? Where are you from, anon?
>>
>>86836406
England, soton. Its pathetic.
>>
>>86836394
Mine used to allow games , actually had a gaming room upstairs , remember on the 7th Edition launch they turned have the gaming room into a massive fantasy battles that went started on the friday night and finished on the Sunday

This was years ago, I stopped going in 2014, went in recently to pick up some 40k stuff and they had two tables for games , with basic terrain and no cool boards

Wish I could go back anon
>>
>>86836149
Or just don't give GW money to push pozzed identity politics.
>>
>>86836991
too late for that, the harder you screech the harder they'll push it. If you keep complaining they'll just make Sigmar black
>>
>>86828304
Will it ever come out?
>>
>>86836801
It's amazing how despite progress everything we care about was better from 1994 to 2009 or round about
>>
>>86828304
From what I understand, the guys who played Fantasy dropped it during 7th and hated 8th even more, so why would they come back? The odds are that TOW will have more of what they hated.
>>
>>86837620
They already confirmed that they will be pulling from all editions, its not just a reboot of 8th, fucking moron.
>>
>>86837677
>fucking moron
>>
File: 1604156542986.jpg (11 KB, 216x225)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>86831044
>What about all the kids who grew up with AoS
Luckily there is literally no such thing, AoS is paypigs only because only paypigs can stomach the swill
>>
>>86835455
>Setting already limited their creativ freedom
Only in that the folk in charge were fucking idiots. There was still plenty to add and plenty to be done, but some smallbrained suit said nay
>>
>>86834689
thought this post was insane and made no sense till I saw the image
>>
>>86833523
Shut up you retarded corporate apologist. Go eat their fat British unwashed assholes somewhere else.
>>
File: Fc7m3edaUAAl96.jpg (270 KB, 1497x1996)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>86838265
w-what are you implying?
>>
>>86837403
Fine by me, I still won't buy it.
>>
>>86834689
>6 stormfiends
uh yeah im thinking based
>>
>>86838318
Buy product or stop crying product is no longer sold, simple as.
>>
>>86828304
Undoubtedly, but that doesn't mean it'll be good.

It'll crash in on a wave of faux-nostalgia from YouTubers who have no actual memory of the original games, also acting as a dragnet to pull back in older grogs with weak wills and too much disposable income who are desperate to relive their youth and also buy the new thing(TM).

It will wear WHFB's face like a serial killer's skin mask but be as bad as almost everything else modern GW does.
>>
File: smegmar 3.jpg (127 KB, 660x882)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
The only things GW can model well any more with a Fantasy aesthetic are some Chaos models and undead.
>>
>>86831616
>THEN WHERE WERE YOU?
same as most fantasy players I know, drifting away from GW because they kept jacking up prices, slashing models per box, and took a big steaming shit on what army balance there was all during 7th
as much ass company men might insinuate they believe, GW is not entitled to anyone's custom
less inept and pig-headed leadership might have tried doing something different besides jacking up prices each time more of what remained of the playerbase quit
>>
>>86839596
as much as* lol
>>
>>86838318
have whatever opinion you want, but you have to acknowledge cause and effect relationships
if people don't buy models for a game, it won't continue to be supported
>inb4 "but other people will be the stupid paypigs instead"
bystander effect
>>
>>86839657
>have whatever opinion you want, but you have to acknowledge cause and effect relationships
ironic
>>
>>86839657
>cause and effect relationships
>if people don't buy models for a game, it won't continue to be supported
And if a game isn’t supported people won’t buy models for it. Tell me anon, which of those two things became a known problem first, and which of those two things could the company actually control?
>>
>>86839657
>Which of our games is selling well, Jenkins?
>Warhammer 40000 sir
>Splendid! Put those products at the front of the shops and in all the advertising where everybody can see them! Move the beginners' sessions to the primetime slot while you're at it! And now how about... Er, what's its name again... F... fantasy?
>Terrible sales sir
>Eugh, just as I thought! Take more of the products off the shelves, get it out of white dwarf, soft-squat a couple of the armies, shift the beginners' sessions to whenever the shops are the quietest, and for god's sake man put the prices up to try and make up for those ghastly sales figures!
>>
>>86839758
Were new models, books, and campaigns coming out between three whole editions? Yes.
Were people buying armies, like the shortly lived TK print towards end of 8th? No.
>>
>>86839758
>And if a game isn’t supported people won’t buy models for it. Tell me anon, which of those two things became a known problem first

Not the support. Or do you call 8th with all books updated barring three and multiple supplements "unsupported"?
>>
>>86839815
NTA but terrible argument. That was the busiest Warhammer fantasy had been for years, because they tried to eke out every last penny they could before closing the doors. I stepped into a GW during the end times and was quite honestly shocked at the size of the game and crowd in there - who at that point thought it was just a campaign like all the others. GW "supported" (read: reanimated) the game for its last hurrah and the playerbase responded exactly as you would expect them to if a game is marketed and supported appropriately. It gives us a fantastic frame of reference for what actual support looks like. If you then step back from your 3-6 month microcosm and consider the actual point being made, yes, the game was unsupported.
>>
>>86839885
>It's not supported
>only it is supported
>that's a terrible argument
do fuck off
>>
>>86839885
But they had various range releases for years, rule books across editions, campaigns across editions.
How is that not supported?
Sure end-times did re-animate the fanbase, but that's on the fanbase of fantasy for being absent until the last minute.
>>
>>86839779
> shortly lived TK print towards end of 8th

TK were the second army book released for 8th and remained in print for several years. The only books older than TK were Bretonnia, Beastmen, Skaven and Orcs, in that order.
>>
>>86839815
>Or do you call 8th with all books updated barring three and multiple supplements "unsupported"?
Ye
>>
>>86839758
>>86839773
you do realize that I could just as easily flip this on you again right
that's the nature of "chicken and the egg" conundrums after all (even though evolution answers that question with "the egg" but that's a digression)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.