[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

£1.10 vs £3.40
(20 for £22 vs 10 for £34)
Give me your thoughts /tg/
>>
>>86825385
>not official GW product vs official GW product
The official product is better in every way, because it is official and therefore legal to actually play with. No price is too high to pay for official product. Pricing poorfags like you out of the hobby is both a goal and a holy duty.
>>
>>86825385
>>
>>86825385
I don't even know what the one on the left is, the guardsman on the right looks cool but in no way is worth the cost.
>>
File: 1207971112777.jpg (118 KB, 371x393)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>86825385
left is a better value and the right is a better model?

Here, have an old filename puppy.
The dog's likely old or dead by now
>>
>>86825414
>The dog's likely old or dead by now
Good. Cats are better.

The only thing dogs are good for is fucking middle-class American white women.
>>
>>86825433
don't be so edgy mam
>>
>>86825385
Right is overdesigned but the heroic scale proportions probably look better from a distance when looking over a table.

Left looks awkwardly posed, with the legs looking too static, and in a strange position between heroic scaling and realistic proportions, giving it the overall look of a 3D print shop model.

Both have their flaws but left could easily be slightly better if you bulked out the body a bit to fit the head better.
>>
Basic dudes vs special forces in op
>>
File: FgcBdNcXoAYo6oM.jpg (420 KB, 2048x2048)
420 KB
420 KB JPG
>>86825385
I'll take comparable model quality to right at cheaper prices than left, ta
>>
>>86825464
>need 250 dollars printer
>need to buy the stl
>resin
I know in the long term its cheaper but being able to just exchange 20 quid for 20 models is quick and satisfying
>>
>>86825385
You get what you pay for.
>>
>>86825385
Depends.
Personally I prefer right, because the detail is just cleaner.
Left is likely more realistic, but at that scale all the hard bits look soft due to the way they're cast.
Right is simplified. It's more cartoony almost, but for a model I'd prefer that, even if sometimes it can be too machined.
>>
>>86825474
True, true. I do forget the cost of the printer because in my head it's a sunk cost (and already paid for itself).
Can always go to etsy and find someone who will print these though, the prices tend to be around the 20 dollar mark for a unit
>>
>>86825493
Yeah almost retail price, its a Shame since 2 years ago I was getting 5 32mm models for like £9 printed and delivered and now the same models are 20
>>
>>86825474
>>86825493
Is the era of 3rd party producing actual models dead? I don't want a printer, but every time I see something, it's always STL.
>>
File: ewqweqwq.jpg (4.46 MB, 3016x4032)
4.46 MB
4.46 MB JPG
>>86825433
you know what, here, have my cat instead
>>
>>86825385
The left has a more reasonable price but the right is slightly more appealing, though it also is over designed.
GW has very little in the way of competition for 40k. Most talented miniature sculptors now make historicals or work for GW so companies that make warhammer equivalents have mostly crap sculpts (see Mantic)
>>86825404
Not paying for warhammer doesn’t make you a poorfag, it makes you someone sensible enough to refuse to engage with unreasonable pricing for a product. Conversely paying full price for 40k makes you a cucked little paypiggy who has driven the normification and casualisation of the hobby and constant unbalanced rules-creep of the game.
We should gate keep people based on the effort they put into their models and terrain (the latter of which most 40kids find impossible to do because guts not part of fuelling their plastic crack addiction) more than how willing they are to brown nose for a corporation that has admitted that it overprices it’s products on purpose because lots of retarded manchildren have no self control, you have the same mindset as people who buy rare funkopops. Overpricing clearly doesn’t gatekeep 40k because it’s more popular than ever, and more rife with numales who piss and shit and cum themselves over their bing bong wahoo primarchs as they insist on turning the setting into ersatz capeshit.
It’s poorfags who equate buying overpriced crap with being rich because they don’t realise anyone with a job who doesn’t live in a major city can afford it. The people who refuse to pay for it do so because it isn’t worth the price and you shouldn’t pay for something if it isn’t worth the price even if you could pay for it 1000 times over, it sets a bad precedent
>>
>>86825462
>make an all male Cadian squad
>toss in female heads to appease the trannies
>retards on /tg/ who don't understand the blessing GW gave us start shidding and sharding
>>
>>86825587
>slightly
>>
>>86825558
Nice cat.
>>
>>86825506
>the era of 3rd party producing actual models dead
Essentially, yes. Either run a 3d printer or leave the tabletop wargaming hobby. Printing is the only way forward, forever.
>>
>>86825558
would fuck
>>
>>86825587
>Not paying for warhammer doesn’t make you a poorfag
>poorfag copium

>>86825558
You're a good man. Dogfags are cancer. Cats are and always have been the objectively superior pet.
>>
>>86825621
I like cats and I think left is better for the price and the right is pretty cool but not worth it.
>>
>>86825621
Paying for overpriced plastic toys doesn’t make you rich, it makes you a retard with shit taste.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (536 KB, 806x445)
536 KB
536 KB PNG
>>86825385
Printer goes brrttt
>>
>>86825651
Let's see a non render print and how much are they?
>>
>>86825608
The old sculpts were much more appealing; nu-gw sculpts look worse than the older ones and only slightly better than their terrible competition despite better definition because they have unnecessary doodle details that muddy the silhouette, and changes for the sake of changes like the shitty looking helmets. That being said, most of the current era 40k players who complained will still buy them, because they have no self control
>>
>>86825651
The offbrand weapons always ruin it, just release that shit for free under a pseudonym.
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (447 KB, 768x452)
447 KB
447 KB PNG
>>86825651
I suck at taking pictures. I reckon $20 for 80-100 models
>>
>>86825680
The models themselves stl wise to make a full squad with special weapons and all is going to cost more than that please don't lie
>>
>>86825587
Based
>>86825621
Sad pay pig who's uncontrollable purchasing affects everyone negatively.
>>
>>86825684
>paying for stls
Bruh
>>
>>86825506
>I don't want a printer
Not going to be 'that guy' who spergs out about why you should be more open to them - I get it's quite a bit of hassle right now, but give it a year or two, I think one of two things will happen:
>Hassle reduces to the point where having a printer is no big deal, like having a 2d printer in the mid 2000s
>Hassle remains, but many LGS's start offering printing as a service
Even if most models are digital, it will hopefully be even more convenient to get hold of them in a couple years.

Or of course there's the other bonus option:
>Printing becomes sufficiently cheap and easy for the average consumer that the government shuts it down
>>
>>86825404
>legal to actually play with
In official tournaments. Nobody is coming to your house to tell you not to play garagehammer with friends using 3rd party minis (the ideal way to play any wargame)
>>
>>86825684
I don't print 40k, I print for whfb, but many stls cost $10-15. A full regiment costs $2.50 in resin and maybe $2 in other materials and electric. $20 is in the realms of possibility. If you get the STL as part of a patreon you can cut that price by 30-50%.
>>
>>86825738
There's some with more value than others but those particular guard proxies look good but are divided into really specific squads you need to buy. So a 10 man squad with a plasma and grenade launcher is atleast 2 stls and 3 prints (2 of the normal 1 of the special weapon)
It gets a bit convoluted and just paying 20 quid for 20 models is way smoother. I'd still want a printer in the future but it's still a bit too wild west for the average gamer
(Shuffling patreons, buying different stl, browsing badly organised shops, trying to sell me on renders not prints etc.)
>>
>>86825712
It's more that I really don't have the desires for minis to justify it.
I'm not planning to make an army every month let alone years. RPG campaigns don't have the high turnover rate to have needs for printing PC models, nor do I do any diy that I would want to print parts. I don't even know 3D modeling.
For majority of the year, the printer would just collect dust.
>>
>>86825506
If they sell STLs, they will usually have partnerships with people who run print farms as a business who will sell you finished models. Or if you weren't such a gormless baby, you could have done the bare minimum of research on the topic to realise there are countless such operations out there all of whom will print whatever files you give to them, or even asked around your local wargaming scene a bit and very likely found someone willing to print what you like on their own machine for beer money, because everyone who isn't a fucking moron quickly realises that it makes no sense at all to pay someone else to print for you when you could buy a machine and learn how to use it for less cost in time & money than buying one army in any physical format including 3d prints.
>>
>>86825685
>Sad pay pig who's uncontrollable purchasing affects everyone negatively.
I mean, he's a cat lover, so he's clearly a submissive beta faggot who enjoys relationships where he gives up all his time and money and receives whatever the other party has deduced is the bare minimum level of affection or value to keep him invested.
>>
>>86826034
Except that I don't have the constant desire for an army. If I bought a printer, it's going to collect dust for majority of the year.
>>
>>86826061
>>86826034
>>86826061
Also needing to sand and clean every surface of a model gets tedious and old fast. Mold lines are already a pain, but I think 3D prints are essentially mold areas
>>
>>86826091
That's fdm, not resin printing.
>>
>>86826046
>projecting this hard
relax and stop fucking your dog
>>
File: pzh_15mm.jpg (237 KB, 1280x960)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>86826091
I'll take it you haven't used a recent 4k resin printer, apart from some support attachment points there is no sanding required, some AA errors which are visible after printing will cease to be noticable after priming.
Pic related, a 15mm Scale Pzh2000 I printed a while ago
>>
>>86825385
I wouldn't buy the left.
I would buy the right if I had an interest in Guard.
>>
>>86825410
Ugly models are overpriced at any cost.
Absolutely gorgeous models might be fair for GW prices.
Actual GW mediocrity is always overpriced.
>>
>>86825385
The price difference is meaningless to me. It’s still a CHEAP hobby.
>>
>>86825385
Left side could use more pixels.
>>
>>86825385
Give us sauce on the left dammit
>>
>>86825684
lol
lmao even
>>
>>86825385
I dont really like either and will probably just stick to infinity.
>>
>>86825404
This just in Anon would eat a gold flecked shit because the gold flecks mean the poorfags would never be able to afford it.
It is his holy duty to own the poor by eating that shit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.