[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Carnage Edition

>NEW UA SURVEY: EXPERT CLASSES
https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/7066811/OneD-D-Expert-Classes
>NEW UA: EXPERT CLASSES
https://media.dndbeyond.com/compendium-images/one-dnd/expert-classes/kpx0MvyfBGHe0XKk/UA2022-Expert-Classes.pdf

>New Errata
https://dnd.wizards.com/dndstudioblog/sage-advice-book-updates

>5etools
https://5e.tools/

>Trove
The T̶r̶o̶v̶e̶ Vault (seed, please!):
bit<dot>ly/2Y1w4Md

>Resources:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread: >>86809750

What's your character's body count? Do do they prefer to kill from close range or from a safe distance?
>>
>Swap from homebrew adventure to pre-written module
>Everyone has more fun, myself included

Well, shit. I guess I am creatively bankrupt
>>
>>86821453
>What's your character's body count?
my human way of kensei monk is a virgin...
>>
>>86821453
3 and then no game since I started 7 years ago.
>>
File: 1654024428839.png (132 KB, 351x365)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>86821453
the sum of all adventuring parties.
>>
How do I become an IRL PC?
>>
>>86821794
Start killing goblins and ogres at your nearest parade or protest. That'll net you plenty of XP
>>
>>86821794
murder cashiers and police
>>
>>86821812
go back pol tourist
>>
>player posts character art
>it's a screenshot of a mainstream anime character
wdyd?
>>
>>86821814
>>86821824
lmao triggered snowflake.
If you've got nothing of value to post, and can only manage a peabrained derivative of your greater's work, please don't bother.
>>
>>86821845
cope polschizo nogames
>>
File: leo-gr1dwaf.jpg (450 KB, 1920x2260)
450 KB
450 KB JPG
>Dwarves with swords
Why does this anger people so much?
>>
>>86821838
Give them permanent disadvantage on all checks made to interact with others because they look completely alien even to their own race.
>>
>>86821453
0 in both senses of the phrase. He's spent his entire life working in the Church and though they don't demand abstinence he's never really had the time or opportunity for relationships.

In the other sense, we're 2 sessions in without a single combat encounter and his backstory doesn't involve murder so he's never killed a man. He recently became a Dhampir though so he's probably drained a man or two of blood before meeting the party
>>
>>86821453
Human Wizard: 2, at the same time
Human Zealot Barbarian: 1, his now-deceased wife
>>
File: 62298.jpg (145 KB, 1080x1080)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>86821879
>anger
People really get mad over this? That's fucking insane.

>>86821992
>0 in both senses of the phrase
Based virgin pacifist
>>
File: money apu.png (206 KB, 991x672)
206 KB
206 KB PNG
>>86821102
>They are starting to get so much gold that I don't even see the point in tracking prices now
Stop giving them so much money retard
>>
>>86822050
It's a great reward because as a player it feels good to get but as a DM, you know it's mostly worthless as the only things it can buy are fluff pieces like houses and shit that's never going to matter or magic items which you totally control the supply and price of.
>>
File: ed95fbghq0v91.jpg (51 KB, 512x640)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
ideas for oath of the watchers paladin that would fit into a regular campaign setting?
>>
>>86822106
Takes a little working with your DM, really. Nothing major just
>What can I be watching for that's actually going to come up in the campaign.
>>
Persuade me to not play an eldritch knight with the unarmed fighting style
>>
>>86822086
>as a DM, you know it's mostly worthless as the only things it can buy are fluff pieces like houses and shit that's never going to matter or magic items which you totally control the supply and price of
Which this DM is apparently not doing, the damn fool.
>>
Feel free to laugh at me because this might be a dumb question BUT is there a difference between a Wizard's Spellbook and a Tome Warlock?
They both pull magic from their books.
>>
File: I won..gif (947 KB, 480x320)
947 KB
947 KB GIF
>>86821453
I wanted to count but forgot to at a certain point. It's above 3 and I'm fairly certain below 20 though. Most of the kills he does aren't carried out by his own hands so it's hard to keep track of.

>Do do they prefer to kill from close range or from a safe distance?
Safe distance. Which, on that note, I should consider hiring assassins at some point. So far I've mostly just been setting up explosive traps for niggas or getting My NPC allies to do the killing for Me.

Gif related.
>>
>>86822276
A tomelock is only casting rituals from their book, they know all their regular spells and can cast them spontaneously. A wizard is writing all their known spells in theirs, preparing their daily spell list from it and if they lose their book, they're left with the last day of spells that they memorised every day thereafter until they can get it back or start working on a new one.
>>
>>86822246
Rune Knight would be more interactive
>>
>>86822332
Do I really benefit from rune knight mechanics outside of the ribbons though?
>>
>>86822246
I don't see anything wrong with it, especially if you think the DM is willing to throw you a bone item wise (stuff that enhances/works with unarmed strikes and etc.)
Keep in mind grappling is not particularly meta/powerful, but it is fun
>>
>>86822312
So the warlock's tome is morel like a pamphlet.
>>
>>86822050
>>86822248
Hey man don't be mean
I'm just going off loot tables and things I've found online
This is the first game I've ran and first DnD game any of us have played

That's why I asked for help
>>
>>86822276
>>86822374
If a warlock loses their book, they can't cast those cantrips or rituals. If a wizard loses their book, they can still cast their cantrips and cast what they've already prepared from the book.
Tome is basically a magic item that lets you cast from it than a bespoke feature.
>>
>>86822374
The Warlock's tome is a cookbook they bought from their patron

The Wizard's spellbook is a cookbook they are writing
>>
does anyone have characters with NPC friends in the world? Like NPc characters with rich personality and/or lore? Can this be integrated in a game without being obnoxious and intrusive?
>>
>>86822428
My game all takes place in a large city and surroundings, so I gave all the players a chance to write up a personal contact/friend they know. It's only obnoxious if you devote too much time to it
>>
>>86822352
>Extra damage
>Better grappling since you're going unarmed
>Active Magical abilities that rely on a stat you were already boosting and the don't impede on your action economy
I'd say so. EK turns you into a shield/absorb elements/find familiar spammed about twice per day, until you reach level 7 and throw in Blade Cantrips + Misty Step
>>
>>86822426
a cookbook with 2 shit spells in it
>>
File: Joseph hates Japan.jpg (117 KB, 1280x720)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>86822401
>don't be mean
It's the internet. It's gonna happen, get used to it.

>I'm just going off loot tables and things I've found online
Then stop doing that.

Not even saying that for shits, seriously, loot tables are pretty bad in My experience and the stuff you find online probably isn't much better. The real way to reward your players is to make shit up.

Don't roll for how many gold pieces and what magic items the goblin boss has on his corpse. Instead, decide beforehand what he has on him, and let the players loot accordingly.

Write down in your notes that he has a pouch with 12 gold pieces and a Rod of the Pact Keeper or some shit, so you're not rolling on a table and finding that he has 400 gp and a Luck Blade hidden up his ass.
>>
>>86822428
>does anyone have characters with NPC friends in the world?
I go out of My way to make sure My characters have NPC friends.

>Like NPc characters with rich personality and/or lore?
Maybe not rich, as I only write a short description of them and what they do and let the DM fill in the blanks, but I always have NPC friends.

>Can this be integrated in a game without being obnoxious and intrusive?
Yes, and it's really not hard. Just keep the focus on the PCs more than the NPC.
>>
I’m about to start playing 5e with some friends from online. I guess it’s ultimately up to my DM, but for those of you who are DMs, would you let a PC have a pet that strictly stays at home base and doesn’t get involved in combat whatsoever? If not, why? I want to keep a pet caracal and there isn’t any familiar I’m aware of that could be reasonably reskinned as such.
>>
>>86822517
I'd definitely allow it
>>
>>86822517
I'd say no 100%. Pacifist is the biggest new player trap. It doesn't work and you're a burden to any group you're in even when you're adventuring with them. Staying at home base? Why are you even showing up to sessions?

Make a character that wants to adventure. Participate in the game.
>>
>>86822517
>isn’t any familiar I’m aware of that could be reasonably reskinned as suc
Cat ?
>>
>>86821453

My character probably has the second lowest body count in the party, after the Druid. He might be "optimized" for close combat, but he's also something of a coward who prefers to use a longbow if close combat can be avoided.
>>
>>86822546
Fucking
Learn
To
Read
Moron
>>
>>86822546
Anon you really need to work on your reading comprehension
>>
>>86822517
Absolutely yes
>>
>>86822517
My guy has a farm for of animuls at his ranch :)
>>
>>86822517
Sure, many people have pets in games. They don't have to fight. My bard had a horse that he took care of and cared a lot about, he left him at home with his wife because he didn't want him to die in the field of battle.
>>
>>86822517
>slightly large cat
>there isn't any familiar that could be reskinned as such
retard
>>
>>86822548
Cat familiars are Tiny and caracals are Medium at bare minimum. Unless it’s like a really small caracal which I guess could be cute.
>>
>>86822576
See >>86822606
Caracals are like the size of an average dog lol
>>
File: everyday4.png (318 KB, 623x552)
318 KB
318 KB PNG
>>
>>86822667
why reflavor it? unless you want to in which case ya you can do that. What is the issue?
>>
>>86822606
>>86822614
A Mastiff is Medium, but real-life mastiffs will also weigh as much as a person. Caracal are closer to 40 pounds, and are far smaller. That's more than tiny, but tiny itself covers a pretty broad range since it goes from pond frogs to house cats.
In terms of small familiars, I think the Strixhaven options are the closest you could get, where you could have a fractal or art elemental in the shape of one. Otherwise beastmaster ranger is the simplest route.

Of course, I'm not sure if a DM would have much issue with just letting you have a small-sized cat familiar, since it's not like it's gonna be better than an Owl.
>>
>>86822699
I’m not even sure how much it matters since it’s just gonna chill at home and not fight anyone unless for some reason our base gets raided anyway, but since we’re starting out running books instead of a homebrew campaign, I can’t fathom this specific scenario happening anyway. I appreciate the insight, in any case.
>>
What are some support options to consider if I'm joining a party of a Battlemaster, a Drunken Master and a Hexblade at 5th level?
>>
>>86822667
What is this even referring to?
>>
>>86822716
Ah, yeah. I was more theorizing about ways to take it with you where it wouldn't just get killed off permanently by a stray fireball.
Just having one at home really shouldn't be an issue unless your DM intentionally wants to stir up drama, at which point there's nothing to be done for it.
>>
>>86821453
>if you run Lost Mine, a lot of locations from Icespire Peak are never mentioned, despite being right there
>if you run Icespire, a lot of locations from Lost Mine are missing
>to have a coherent world, merge two campaugns and make complete map of Phandalin region
>accidentally stumble upon Beyond Icespire Peak campaign
>the region has a TON more landmarks, which somehow never came up, like an inn on the road that players must have somehow never seen despite that road being heavily used in both starter campaigns
>said inn also was never attacked by Cragmaws despite being close to the Castle either

Jesus fucking Christ, how can they NOT have a coherent world? This isn't a videon game where you are forced scale things down and omit some stuff. This is an RPG!!! Which must have a living coherent world without asspulls and retcons - at least in span of SAME CAMPAIGN CHAIN.

FUCK. I'm so mad.
>>
>>86822276
Wizard's spellbook is like old time student's notes. He needs it to refresh his memory, but he studied and learned everything in it, and understands it.

Warlock's tome is modern student's wikipedia. He quotes it without really reading or understanding, showing off knowledge that isn't his.
>>
>>86822723
Cleric would be good. Cast bless on your 3 martials so they can get an extra d4 on attack rolls. The Fighter and Monk will love you for it with all the the attacks they do every turn.
And it would make up for the lack of heals in your party.
>>
File: FaxDIzAUIAEd0oG[1].jpg (439 KB, 2555x1655)
439 KB
439 KB JPG
I wonder if the 5.5e will add more weapon properties to make them feel more diverse and maybe some additional maneuvers beyond grapple and shove for non-casters to do. Did we get any word on that yet?
>>
>>86822826
>people using gay swords
God made sword and board, not sword and sword
>>
>>86822786
Calm down retard, literally nobody cares
>>
>>86822848
Lesbian swords tho.
>>
>>86822786
I understand and relate to this feeling. It feels very careless for a professional product I am supposed to give up money for
>>
>>86822851
>nobody cares
The people who actually play the game do
>>
>>86822851
I do.
Its not some rando's homebrew setting made to house a campaign.
Its a supposedly in-depth world, with a ton of sourcebooks on everything from cuisine to zoology, and devs in charge can't get fucking map straight
>>
>>86822882
>>86822890
If the people who "actually play" the game are upset that an update never intended to be made expands things that conflict with the original, self-contained starter module, they need to understand how things are made before opening their retarded maws.
>>
>>86822901
They are not "self-contained". They are contained in Faerun. They are official modules. Everything they add is canon. They are supposed to have a clear detailed vision of the world and just add connections and moving parts to make a campaign without violating already established things.
Instead they made each campaign as if they had a blanks slate. That is very sloppy.
>>
>>86822882
>>86822890
Nobody with taste cares about Faerûn to begin with.
>>
>>86822901
Again, this isn't some random dude's personal campaign. They should have this shit figured out before publishing modules
>>
>>86822930
Take your autism medication, 45 caliber this time. It doesn't matter.
>>
>>86822945
>they should have predicted that people would want to continue the intentionally self-contained and starter modules and created the campaign setting for it from the start
>creating new material and options isn't good enough because they didn't retroactively include it in the old stuff!
We knew you were retarded but goddamn the goalpost moving.
>>
File: asmodeus-03.jpg (60 KB, 600x600)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Im looking to start a cult to Asmodeus. Im trying to keep it low key so I have adopted metaphors for him, specifically that of a father figure. I was thinking about doing Father Flame but that is kinda weird and telling NPCs I worship Father is meh. Does anyone have any direction I could go with this?
>>
>>86822964
Cult of the Ruby Rod.
Everyone thonks its a sex cult but in truth it refers to Asmodeus's scepter
>>
>>86822964
>wants to hide building a cult
Bruh just embrace it. The devil's strength is not in obfuscating his identity but in manipulating people despite them knowing what they're getting into. Make it a MLM scheme.
>>
>>86822851
ad hominem
>>86822901
goalpost moving
>>86822940
faulty generalization
>>86822946
ad hominem
>>86822958
strawman
Apply yourself
>>
>>86822983
>fallacy fallacy
Apply youreself, retard kun. Explain why people who are going to use the campaign book should also be inflicted with your weapons-grade autism.
>>
>phallus fallacy
>>
>>86822975
Im not smart enough to do that though. It is my first cult and I really want it to be good. Im starting with nothing and working my way to the top. And it cant be obvious because the locale is super hostile to fiends but the populace is receptive.
>>
>>86822964
It would be easier to start a cult of Zariel, seeing as she's a celestial, and laymen won't know of her true nature
>>
>>86822999
>Im not smart enough to do that though
Then you're unworthy of the Lord of Lies. Do you have any idea how many Xanatos Gambits this nigga is running at any given time? Or how much millennia-spanning 12D chess he plays in a day?

If you can't do something as basic as setting up an MLM cult then I don't see how that nigga would have any time for you. You'd be a pawn in one of his schemes at best and almost certainly overthrown by a much more competent cult leader who can better execute Asmodeus' plans.
>>
>>86823061
No pls, I can do better. Im trying my best. I really am. I just want to make Him happy. His presence in the world is diminished and he needs all the help I can muster.
>>
>>86823100
shut the fuck up, retard
>>
>>86823104
If you don't know how to help it is okay to just not reply anon.
>>
>>86822975
>The devil's strength is not in obfuscating his identity
The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world that he did not exist.
>>
>>86823100
>I can do better
Then you would.

>Im trying my best. I really am.
And clearly it's not fucking good enough. Even a CR 3 devil would be able to come up with a good enough plan for getting this shit done.

>I just want to make Him happy
You are failing.

>His presence in the world is diminished and he needs all the help I can muster.
I promise you he really doesn't. That nigga already has like 73 plans currently in motion, none of which involve you, but all of which are designed to bring him closer to his end goal of universal domination.

You aren't even a cog in his machine; you're a spec of dust that's clung to it and will soon be swept away.
>>
>>86822992
I'm going to reply to this in good faith
This kind of thinking is really weird for a tabletop roleplaying game fan. Why is it bad to expect a company that makes tabletop roleplaying games and settings for these games to have their settings straight and consistent
While writing the later books the least they should have done is consulted the previously produced material in that area of the setting, it's normal that a prior book wouldn't have locations they came up with later but the opposite isn't okay
>The DM can just look at both and make a complete map
Yeah but he shouldn't have to, WoTC isn't a small indie company where a piecemeal publishing schedule like this would be understandable
>Nobody actually cares
You can pay for unpolished modules if you want but that doesn't mean they're good or well made or worth the money you put in them
Overall I'm just really left with the impression that you're ok with whatever because you vastly underestimate how players notice when you make shit up on the spot
>>
>>86823184
>You can pay for unpolished modules if you want
I don't pay for modules at all because I don't feel the need to slurp up corporate slop.
>>
>>86823151
That's dumb. And you should feel dumb for typing all of that. The question isn't how would PC in world fair against the machinations of a greater diety who thinks a million moves ahead? It is, how does a player have fun building a cult from scratch?

>>86823100
The answer is you do what cults do. You work on isolating people and filling them with self-doubt and feelings of inadequacies. If you want to be low key, pick a symbol, which you seem to already have, focus on expanding it and relating it to Asmodeus and go from there.
>>
>>86823196
Post your game's setting (you don't play games).
>>
File: Atarža.pdf (300 KB, PDF)
300 KB
300 KB PDF
>>86823307
Here's a city and a (you).
>>
>>86823184
>Why is it bad to expect a company that makes tabletop roleplaying games and settings for these games to have their settings straight and consistent
It's not bad to expect consistent settings, but it is really unhelpful when you're upset with added content because it's inconsistent with the previous installment. Of course there was no inn there; the starter module just wanted you to engage with the adventure and not simulating all travel stuff. But for a larger campaign new needs and points need to exist. So either they move location (and thus sacrifice the entire reason behind the campaign book design) or just add it and not worry about being "inconsistent."
An expanded campaign book based off an intro adventure, not being 1:1 because it expands the intro adventure, is not "unpolished."

Knowing when and why something was made is all the explanation you should need, if you're seeking perfect verisimilitude in 5e you either haven't been here long or are unable to be pleased. It does not matter or affect the game played. The expanded campaign has more stuff for you to do and you're getting upset because it wasn't in the original book? That it wasn't perfectly written to coincide with the original book? The needs of a starter adventure aren't the needs of a full-ass campaign, that's why SCAG was never mandatory to run a Faerun campaign.
>>
My minotaur ranger proposed to our half-elf warlock of Baphomet and she said yes
>>
>>86823336
>Polish
>>
>>86823336
>all those diacritics
balkanigger detected
>>
>>86823336
If I had any hope of pronouncing those names I'd steal this
>>
File: Kratos_God_of_War_III.png (103 KB, 220x404)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
What would the best build for a character like pic related be?
>>
>>86823630
Zealot Barbarian with a set of magical scimitars that deal fire damage and have reach. You can decide whether or not Radiant or Necrotic fits a god of war better.
>>
>>86823630
Aasimar zealot barbarian with 2 levels of fighter and two-weapon fighting style. Use scimitars.
>>
File: Pronunciation guide.png (989 KB, 735x952)
989 KB
989 KB PNG
>>86823574
I mean, even as the guy who wrote it, I don't rake my players over the coals on whether or not they can pronounce things properly. As long as everyone know what's being referred to, it's all good.
>>
>>86823669
thanks, Tolkein
>>
>>86823669
hey guys I've got this game I want to run, just read this 9 page pdf, and then this 1 page pronunciation guide and you're all set.

come back please, you haven't even read the appendices
>>
>>86823701
>just read this 9 page pdf
Why would you assign homework to your players? I just give them a quick rundown of where they are, what the major players are. And I do it verbally, around the table, when we're sitting down to discuss characters and get things rolled up.
Just because I go into detail in my setting notes doesn't mean I force the players to slog through it before they can start playing. That stuff's for my reference.
>>
>>86823266
>That's dumb
And you are too, since you apparently didn't bother to read what the nigga I was replying to actually said.

My point wasn't that he can't beat Asmodeus, it's that if he's too stupid to do something as simple as hide the cult in plain sight, then Asmodeus would not smile upon him and likely have very little use for him.

Maybe Asmodeus would find a way to leverage the anon's incompetency to his benefit, but I can't imagine any planning, scheming, and manipulative-type character, especially on a godly level, appreciating or using an incompetent servant.
>>
>>86823720
>>86823701
i am currently reading a 71 page pdf for my next campaign LOL
DM said we didn't have to read anything besides the overview but I want to smarty pants and bring up obscure lore tidbits
>>
>>86823740
red flag
>>
>>86823743
me or the pdf?
>>
>>86823748
the pdf
>>
>>86821453
Is that Savage Dragon?
>>
>>86823748
both honestly, you sound like a freak
>>
>>86823758
Apparently it's an image detailing some weirdo's deep-seated dissatisfaction with Image Comics in general.
>>
File: Spartan Arms.png (844 KB, 640x1013)
844 KB
844 KB PNG
>>86823630
Kratos fits the Zealot Barbarian image. You should carry around a Spear + Shield, Handaxe, Greatsword, twin Scimitars, and a Longbow. The hardest part of doing this however isn't the weight, its being actually really effective with all of them. A greatsword + Great Weapon Master is pretty potent, a Polearm Master + Spear + Dueling + Shield is really solid as well - getting good with a longbow alongside even one of those is tricky.
I'd suggest you pick one type of weapon set and stick to that one, you could have a Handaxe as a backup ranged weapon.
>>
>>86823740
I feel like infodumping the setting on players like that really does a disservice to everyone involved. That's not how we best absorb information, even if it's properly indexed. But, more to the point, it creates a weird activation energy discrepancy in which players have to put forth unreasonable effort to be aware of things that their characters would unconsciously know. And, in presenting that in PDF form, you create the expectation that they will either read it or not have that information. Far, far better to bring things up as they come up. The same way you'd tell the players that they're aware of a stone wall blocking their path, you inform them of social conventions or laws that are relevant to their current scenario. Much like the wall, this would have been something the characters were already aware of, but the players needed described.
>>
>>86823669
Oh I wouldnt either, its harder for me to remember names I can barely say. That and I should really get into habit of doing my own world building lol
>>
>>86823796
yeah true, and some will take the initiative to read it and others won't so it creates inter-party discrepancy. Unless that's exactly what you just said, i have bad reading comp. which is why i wouldnt read a 70 page pdf...
>>
>>86823796
Not everyone learns/retains info the same way. That 71 page pdf is front loading the lore dump so you can reference/describe it later. Personally I'd enjoy a bit of light reading for an upcoming game but again, thats my preference
>>
>>86823796
It really depends. I don't mind a quick read so I don't feel lost but DMs with custom settings tend to produce large amounts of text and mistake it for good and detailed worldbuilding when really they're using a lot of words to say very little. I don't need to know the exact history of the city's criminal elements (in fact I'd prefer to learn during the game) just that there is one and I can deal with them
>>
Homebrewing a spell.

>Deceleration - Casting time: 1 bonus action. Duration: Instant. Range: Self Components: V, S

>Until the beginning of your next turn, all creatures and objects within 60 feet of you have resistance to ranged damage.

I'm thinking 4th level, maybe 3rd? Note: the lack of a friendly keyword is specifically intentional. It affects every attack, not just enemy attacks.
>>
>>86824177
"Ranged damage" isn't a thing, do you mean non-magical ranged weapon attacks or all attacks at range? Eldritch blast resistance? Magic missile resistance? or do you just mean bows and shit.
>>
>>86824177
If it includes spell damage, then 4th is good. If it's just for ranged weapons, 2nd would be better because then it's somewhat worse than Wind Wall.
>>
>>86824201
>>86824209
I mean everything, spells and weapons.
>>
>>86824219
Make it all creatures of your choice within X-feet and it would be passable, otherwise it's trash.
>>
>>86824219
You need to clarify this wording more then, "Ranged Damage" is too vague and also really confusing as to what "Ranged Damage" is. If you want it to only affect Ranged Spell Attacks and Ranged Weapon Attacks, you need to specify attacks. So it would read:
>Until the beginning of your next turn, all creatures and objects within 60 feet of you have resistance to damage dealt from ranged attacks.
This means it affects Eldritch Blast, Scorching Ray, Creatrues's that have spell attack actions, Bows, Guns, and thrown weapons. But it wouldn't effect say a Magic Missile or a Fireball or a Disintegrate as none of these are ranged attacks.
If you want it to affect all of those options... that's a little harder as, you'd have to clarify that a target would resist all damage from all sources not within 5 feet of them or something like that. That would make the spell much stronger though, as now its basically effecting everything including reach weapons.
>>
>>86824177
>bonus action spell
no pls
>bonus action defensive spell
no pls god no
>all the party takes half damage from ranged attacks
oh christ no

My brother, do you not want your combat to be challenging at all? this spell just slows everything down dramatically.
>>
File: anime 5e.png (496 KB, 546x318)
496 KB
496 KB PNG
I haven't played DnD but I know a bit of it. I saw this book, Anime 5e, that is anime-themed. Seems interesting.
What do you guys think about it?
>>
File: 1546714720554.jpg (46 KB, 480x480)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>86824439
>>
>>86824439
Why would you buy a D&D version of BESM instead of just playing BESM?
>>
>>86824471
>>86824448
Well, I really don't know much about DnD at all. I thought BESM was DnD, but I guess not.
>>
>>86823974
Yeah, a short primer is one thing, but I was looking at the 71-page PDF and that feels like it's in exactly the range where it's too much information for it to be useful to players. It's easy to forget that providing too much information makes it much harder to find the useful information buried within it. It's actually for that precise reason that I always prepare long-form DM notes separately from player-facing information--I need to write it in long form to really nail down the details and work out how things fit together, but then that needs to be summarized and condensed into something workable. As a rule of thumb, I aim for 1 page of player material for every 10 pages of source documentation used to prepare it--and, even then, that player material will be optional reading, with as much of the information as possible conveyed out loud at the beginning of the campaign.
>>
>>86823974
>>86824513
There's definitely a line to toe here, players don't need anywhere near the info DMs do. Still, if some players already have some background info on hand they can save the DM some lore dumps.
>>
>>86821453
Body count was 136 by the end of the campaign at level 12, though the character started at with 65 at level 2 from his past as former drow gladiator and member of a renegade male drow group. First kill was at 12 years of age where he was magically dominated and forced to kill his friend.
>>
>>86823772
>dissatisfaction with the publisher that gave us Invincible, quite possible the greatest superhero comic of all time
Erm… cringe?
>>
>>86824895
It's probably some faggot whining their book is more popular than his shit show
>>
Which setting has your favorite playable
>Dwarfs
>Elves
>Gnome
>Halflings
>Humans
>Tieflings
>>
>>86821471
People rag on pre written stuff but it's honestly a great way to run fun campaigns. Other players have played it before so there's a huge repository on what and what not to include in adventures. Just make sure you as the dm are invested in the pre-made stuff too.
I ran CoS first and was pretty fucking bored halfway so it translated into my sessions but Rime has been a blast for me and all my players.
>>
>>86823772
>>86824895
>>86825050
The green haired girl is from the comic I Hate Fairyland, which is published by Image. So it's much more tongue in cheek.

The comic itself is about a six year old girl being the chosen one to rescue a mystical fairy kingdom, then getting stuck there for 27 years and mostly being tired of fairyland bullshit. Very much a villain protag sort of thing, because while she has some pretty legitimate gripes about being stuck, she's also a huge asshole who fucks herself over on the regular. Also incredibly violent.
>>
Amazon's doing a black friday sale on 5e books
like $20 and under for core and bunch of adventures. stacks with buy 2 get 3rd free sale
$16 PHB
>>
>>86825382
Piracy is free tho, and if you don't mind wasting your own money, its still better to NOT give your money to Crawford
>>
File: 1668331155636575.jpg (957 KB, 3456x4608)
957 KB
957 KB JPG
>>86821858
Seethe. 4chan is a /pol/ website.
>>
>>86821453
As of now 50+, mostly Goblins. The green bastards shouldn't have put a fort in front of Dwarven artillery.
>>
>>86825539
cope nogames polschizo tourist
>>
>>86822958
You can't be this stupid. Are you sure you can read?
>>
Is it okay to have a lot of not directly connected subplots in a campaign?

My Phandalin campaign looks like this atm:
>the dragon displaces the orcs and throws region into chaos
>cult of talos uses the opportunity to enslave the orcs
>lords council worries that orcs will join cragmaws, creating a serious threat and wants cragmaws taken out
>glasstaff sees the chaos as opportunity to rob people blind
>black spider sees this as opportunity to search vicinity of icespire peak for thr mine with impunity; offers Glasstaff partnership and Cragmaws help against Cult of Talos
>a mystetious foreign party has planted the map to Wave Echo Cave because it wants the dwarfs to get it up and running, before swooping in and taking it for themselves after all the chaos above cuts Sword Mountains from Neverwinter
>said foreign party lured Cryovain in because it needed the chaos

So basically everyone involved is an opportunist, trying to profit off chaos created by others, and one mastermind benefiting from it all
>>
>>86825756
Are people having fun and are invested in the campaign?
>>
>>86825789
I haven't started it yet
Need to plan the storyline out first
>>
>>86825799
No you don't, you prep the scenario.
You're writing for a game, not for a novel. The players affect things. You have a good start, but there's plenty of ways to hook players and give them the ability to affect things. They can have plans and ideas, but you should leave plenty of room for the players to do stuff. Factions and plans mean nothing without people and things to care about.
>>
Whats a good 1 level dip for a crossbow battlemaster? I was asked to join a level 9 group and told that we won't be getting any more levels so I want to milk out some extra damage out of that dirty fighter level.
>>
>>86825905
Rogue.
>>
>>86825756
>>86825799

You've already got plenty of sub-plots, just tease a few to the players and see which ones they wanna investigate, that becomes your storyline
>>
>>86825905
Take one level in Warlock, if your Charisma is 13 or higher. Utility cantrips, and Hex for all the attacks you will be making.
>>
>>86825931
Why rogue?
>>86825966
Sounds interesting. Would it be worth dropping Wis by a bit?
Thinking about Str 8 | Dex 15+2+1+2 | con 15+1 | int 8 | wis 12 | cha 13
>>
>>86825992
What is your race?
>>
>>86826017
Haven't decided yet. But I'm going custom lineage for a level 1 feat.
>>
>>86826041
>custom lineage

Fuck off forever, I will not help you.
>>
>>86825992
>Why rogue?
Free damage.
>>
>>86826050
What? Maybe I'm itching to play a dorf but I actually want to effectively shoot a crossbow many times.
>>
Custom lineage is one of the worst cancers from Tasha's Turdbucket.
>>
Too bad pussy, you can't un-advice me to not pick hexlock. Thanks for giving my crossbow shooting whatever-person be more deadly. Haha, maybe I'll even play an obnoxious race like a tortle or tiefling.
>>
What about Tasha's is it that makes grognards seethe so much?
>>
>>86826128
Something about go woke go broke I'm guessing
>>
What’s with a bunch of people saying sorcerer’s casting stat should be constitution? Is it just because some popular DMs like Brendan have said it’s cool? I cannot find a good rationale for it and it would genuinely make only need one stat to be crazy good.
Not bait just befuddled
Pic unrelated
>>
>>86826354
Has to be because some streamer said it, that makes no fucking sense balance-wise.

Yes, sorcerers are weaker than wizards, but they're still like the fourth most powerful class or so, they do not need a buff.
>>
>>86826128
The big problems are
Almost every new subclass from that book feels one revision of being good. The spells are just better than PHB spells of equivalent level.
Sidekicks suck, if you get a 5th level divine spellcaster cleric they can’t cast 3rd level spells on you, what’s the point in paying them to be there?
If you use the spells and subclasses you will likely have to deal with their problem every session in game so it’s easier to ban outright.

The class variant features are cool and I like the random tables but you can’t sell a $60 book on that alone.
>>
>>86826354
Brennan* apologies, that dude has a weird stage name and I don’t watch his shows
>>
>scorching ray
>level 2 upcast magic missile
Which one is better?
>>
>>86826395
>The spells are just better than PHB spells of equivalent level.
Personally, I find the Tasha's Summon spells to be both easier to manage and more balanced than the PHB Conjure spells, so that's one swap I'm happy to make. Spirit Shroud is a worse Spirit Guardians, and I honestly can't remember any other spells from the book.
>>
File: 1669240048519720[1].jpg (1.35 MB, 3891x4096)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
Newbie question what's a good melee style and feats for a ranger? I want my ranger to double as a sniper with a longbow to pick off enemy casters at range for utility, but then switch to melee and get in close since melee is cooler. So bow to care of business and then melee for cool manly duels.
>>
File: 1654164254594.png (796 KB, 984x1538)
796 KB
796 KB PNG
fucking lmao
5ed is truly fantastic
>>
>>86826588
It's been nearly three months, anon. It's time to move on.
>>
>>86826558
play fighter lol
>>
>>86826558
Rapier as a backup weapon is pretty good. You could ask your DM if they'd be okay with homebrewing in a new weapon that is just a Rapier but it deals slashing damage if you want. Slashing things just feels cooler than thrusting sometimes. Feats wise, honestly you don't need any, just having the back up melee weapon is enough. Sometimes you need to knock out creatures instead of killing them and melee attacks can do that. You also may get caught in melee range and the melee weapon helps there.

This is also why Crossbow Expert + Hand-Crossbows are also really nice:
>Being within 5 feet of a hostile creature doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged attack rolls.
If you want to, you could absolutely get the Crossbow Expert or Gunner feat and just use your Longbow in melee range. Though be warned you still can't Attack of Opportunity with ranged weapons and you still can't Incapacitate/Knock out a foe with a ranged weapon.
>>
>>86826613
From what I've seen fighter is boring compared to ranger, sorry. I'm trying to decide between getting the pet subclass, monster slayer or gloom stalker.
>>
Thoughts on the Vuman GWM War Cleric?
>>
>>86826663
Yeah, I agree on slashing being cooler, I was thinking about using a short sword and shield as some woodland close quarters fighter, but I could ask if I could have some sort of saber.

Longbow is cooler and more iconic tho, so I'll stick with that.
>>
File: 1661115493508740.jpg (1.31 MB, 4096x2304)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
>>86826671
In terms of power, Rangers are stronger due to magic like Absorb Elements, Goodberries, Entangle, Fog Cloud, Aid, Locate Objects, Pass Without Trace, Silence, Spike Growth, Summon Beast, Conjure Animals, Plant Growth, Revivify, Summon Fey, and Water Walk. Subclass wise I wouldn't recommend Monster Slayer over the Beast Master (Primal Companion), Drakewarden, Gloomstalker, Fey Wanderer, or Swarmkeeper. If you want an animal/dragon companion you control as a bonus action on each of your turns you pick Drakewarden or Beast Master - both are great with Longbows. Gloomstalker is the strongest Ranger in the game.
>>
File: War Cleric Booming Blade.png (2.02 MB, 1500x800)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB PNG
>>86826686
At level 1-4 its pretty great, then at 5th it falls off due to your casting being more efficient than using your action to attack then your bonus action to attack again (Also at this level the weapon focused classes get Extra Attack), and that continues to get worse as you level more. Cleric's are just really strong casters. Now its not to say you won't get some use out of GWM, depending on your stats and you've got a CD that can give you a +10 to attack when you choose to use it, I just recommend tossing up the Concentration and buff spells, before attacking with your weapon.
>>
>>86826354
There is absolutely no good reason. Charisma, as a casting stat, represents your willpower and ability to project your inner power. That makes perfect sense for innate casters like sorcerers.
Constitution as a casting stat only makes sense for a spell-like-ability that is physically produced from your body, like a dragon's breath.
>>
>>86826762
How does the bonus action attack measure up against Spiritual Weapon in terms of effectiveness and the spell slot cost? Is there a case to be made for any other concentration spell than Bless at 1st through 4th level, since it both makes you more likely to hit with the -5/+10, shores up your presumably questionable concentration saves for itself, and can support the next two heaviest hitters in your party?
>>
>>86826814
>How does the bonus action attack measure up against Spiritual Weapon in terms of effectiveness and the spell slot cost?
Spiritual Weapon doesn't require you to use your action to take the attack action to use it. War Priest has a Wisdom Mod per LR limit and requires you to take the Attack Action to perform it. War Priest probably deals more damage when casting Spiritual Weapon at 2nd level, when it hits 4th level I think Spiritual Weapon out paces it - especially due to it being useable for more attacks and freeing up your actions.
>Bless vs others
Bless is really good, its hard to fight its potency. Boosting Attacks and Saves is really good at all levels of play. There are some spells that have some great utility or situational use: Protection from Evil and Good, Calm Emotions, and Silence come to mind. Spirit Guardians at 5th level is when things change a bit.
>>
>>86825140
Neat, maybe I’ll check it out.
>>
>>86826887
Indeed, 1st through 4th level is the level range in which War Cleric distinguishes itself. Did you take opportunity cost into consideration, in that the War Priest ability can be used only for attacks, whereas Spiritual Weapon requires a 2nd-level spell slot?
>>
>>86826929
Yes and I still feel it'd be better at those early levels to use War Priest. The opportunity cost of the 2nd level slot is worth it, assuming you need to use the slot at all in the moment. Spiritual Weapon is great, but there are spells like Aid that you should be using before you throw out the Spiritual Weapon.
>>
>skilled video RPG player can beat the final boss in nothing but loincloth, taking zero damage, potentially after less than an hour after creating the character, if they desire to speedrun
>skilled DnD player can...
Nothing. You personal skill barely translates into tabletop.
No wonder so many nerds love this "game" (if you can call something not skill-based a game, that is).
Git gud, scrubs. Play something where your skills matter. If you had any, that is.
>>
>>86826929
>>86826958

Playing a VHuman War Cleric in HotDQ where I owned Langdedrosa thanks to being able to guarantee a hit with Guiding Bolt thanks to Channel Divinity and otherwise I was a capable melee fighter with that War Priest bonus action attack coming in pretty handy when one attack can mean the death of a kobold who could kill your buddy thanks to Pack Tactics. Wasn't even GWM.

By now any encounter we're in (Level 6) starts the same for me. Cast Spiritual Weapon, cantrip. Next turn Spirit Guardians, walk into enemy group, assume JoJo pose. I'd be casting Aid at the start of every day if I could, but our Bard does that already so I just reserve my spell slots for blastin'.
>>
Fuck this, I completely cannot decide on which overarching villain and sinister plot I want the camlaign to have.
I'll just throw in leads to them all and whichever the players follow will have been the one all along.
>>
File: Suturefly.png (180 KB, 692x726)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
>Nice Dragon you got there, would be a shame if they couldn't talk, cast spells, bite, see, breathe, or use their Breath Weapon.
>>
>>86827170
Black Bolt could destroy it with one whisper from his mouth.
>>
>>86827080
The skill in this game is character building.
>>
>>86827323
That's not a skill. That's just math.
Scratch that, its not even math as everything has already been simmed and calculated. You just find a build online and slap a name and googled-up artwork on it. That's you character building.
>>
>>86827080
if you were so skillful you'd be able to evade your high school bully but instead you're posting out of your locker again
>>
>>86827357
Actually I'm being bullied precisely because I'm so skilled.
Showing up to school in nothing but loincloth wasn't the best idea.
>>
>>86827340
Math is a skill too.
>>
>>86827384
Putting data into spreadsheet or calculator is no skill
>>
>>86827396
My character can beat your character.
>>
>>86827413
-___-
>>
So explain to me, why does it matter that a powerful entity "canmot grant spells to s cleric" if a cleric doesn't even need a deity? Cleric just needs to believe in something to gain spells. So why can't a cleric believe in Asmodeus being a true lord of evil, and gain spells from that belief? And if he can - is it any different from Asmodeus being able to directly grant the cleric spells?
How does it work?
>>
>>86827681
That's context dependent and setting dependent.
>[Xanathar's Guide pg 17] The question has long been debated: Does a mortal become a cleric as a consequence of deep devotion to one's deity, thereby attracting the god's favor? Or is it the deity who sees the potential in a person and calls that individual into service? Ultimately, perhaps, the answer doesn't matter. However clerics come into being, the world needs clerics as much as clerics and deities need each other.
If belief alone is enough to gain power then in theory there would be more clerics in the world and people pulling out magic out of the blue - which is fine if thats what your world is like. If not, then in part a Deity has to at some point give that power. Deities (Good, Evil, Chaotic, Lawful, Neutral, even Unaligned) don't have to give power to anyone even their most passionate and religious worshipers.
>>
File: 1546276019034.jpg (9 KB, 228x227)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>be me, the paladin, deep in a cave with the party
>divine sense before entering the upcoming chamber
>"youre on desecrated ground. you can feel the presence of several fiends nearby. after a brief moment of focus, you realize that the strongest signal is immediately behind you. make a dex save."
>mfw
>>
>>86827681
All magic users get their powers from the weave. ALL of them. The only difference is how they believe they get them. The wizard is convinced the only way to access power is to study and memorize, the sorcerer laughs and just naturally casts fireball. Clerics only believe they get their spells through praying, the magic is still just them accessing the weave. Paladins believe they get their spells through belief, which is why they can fall because they stop believing. Even the lowly AT rogue or Rune Knight are just accessing the same weave, the same power, through their own personal type of process. Deities not involved except as an object of faith, the same as the Artificer's little box is not involved except as a vehicle for their personal paradigm of accessing the weave.

Warlocks get a tap installed.
>>
>make a harengon fighter
>give it shield and spear
>“I'm a HOPlite!"
>hop away
>>
>>86827820
Its left vague intentionally so the dm can do whichever they like.

>>86827830
This take is lame
>>
>>86827874
>>86827874
>That's context dependent and setting dependent
>Its left vague intentionally so the dm can do whichever they like.

That is turbo gay. Sych major things must be set in stone.
>>
>>86827170
Its a plasmoid dragon.
It creates new mouth and breathes at you. Roll Dex save. With disadvantage, because you were so confident he can no longer breathe you didn't pay attention enough to dodge in time.
>>
>>86827874
Both work imo. You can be an Order/Trickery Cleric of Asmodeus who absolutely hates Asmodeus' guts and his actions and doesn't at all agree with his ideologies... but Asmodeus being the god of lies and manipulation gives you power because you are a perfect vessel for his insane 40d Chess Game Plans. You may fight against him, but you're just another pawn in his game.
Alternatively, you can be a devotee to Asmodeus and he gives you powers because you are a good boy/girl and he wants you to continue to sow his influence into the world.
>>
>>86827931
Asmodeus is so based. Sure, he's evil, but in the long run he'd be a better ruler of the cosmos than any other candidate. Especially ones from Celestia
>>
So can level 15+ Paladin of the Ancients die of old age? Since that would be a drawback of old age, no?
>>
File: Undying Sentinel.png (51 KB, 744x460)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>86827983
They cannot die of old age yes.
>>
>>86827988
Yesss, awesome.
Although they really should have put that in ability description.
>>
>>86827681
>Cleric just needs to believe in something to gain spells.
No, that's paladin.
>>
>>86827874
>>>86827820
do whatever

>>>86827830
>This take is lame
except this

good job anon.
>>
>>86827958
>t. Asmodeus
>>
>>86826722
I feel like this image is missing a shop of spongebob licking those abs.
>>
>>86821453

I'm actually rather proud of the fact that when I played my thief in Hoard of the Dragon Queen I made it through the whole thing while only having a sapient creature kill count of 2, one of them accidentally (backstabbed a kobold for like four times its max HP, DM ruled it died instantly). Otherwise I always went for knockouts or, more preferably, avoiding fighting entirely.

'Course that changed come Rise of Tiamat, due to the circumstances of it being more of an out-and-out war. Still RP'd my character as needing time to come to terms with it, though. But overall I was clear about the fact that I was playing a thief, not a murderer.
>>
>>86827983
This shit literally doesn't matter at all, for a level 15 ability it's pretty cringe.
>>
Fuck CR and whoever assigned it.

What level should a 5-man team be to take on an Ancient White Dragon?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (566 KB, 800x800)
566 KB
566 KB PNG
>>86828032
What if I said... its just the armor.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.18 MB, 4096x2304)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
>>86828032
ask and ye shall
>>
>>86828058
Questions like this are really hard to answer without more context of the 5 man team. What gear do they have? What magic items do they have? What Classes and Subclasses are they? What spells do they have? What's their general game plan to dealing with a flying creature? What's the battlefield like? Is it just an Ancient White Dragon by itself? Does this Ancient White Dragon have any magic items? What spells does this Dragon have if any?

I would at least want to know if the party is capable of dealing 333 damage in say two or three rounds? Could that dragon breathe one 90 Foot Cone that deals 16d8 (72) damage on them and kill them in one round? What about two?
>>
File: kovahs_art.jpg (286 KB, 1000x1414)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>>86828113
>>86828058
I should mention I ask these questions because I've seen parties at level 10 kill an Ancient Dragon before. But that party was decked out in magic gear and able to fly up to the dragon, or restrain it, or prone it, while also being able to split around it making it harder for it to breath attack everyone.
For context Fizban's Treasury of Dragons implies that an Ancient Dragon should be a fourth tier level threat so from levels 17-20 is when the game expects them to be fighting them.
>>
>>86828157
>levels 17-20 is when the game expects them to be fighting them
Okay, so it will be too powerfil for my campaign.
I'll just buff an Adult one then
>>
>>86828182
That works just fine as well.
>After their first century of life, adult dragons are mighty beings, akin to characters in the third tier of play (levels 11 to 16). An adult dragon's influence can extend across a whole region or continent.
>>
>>86826354
>>86826800
>Constitution as a casting stat only makes sense for a spell-like-ability that is physically produced from your body, like a dragon's breath.
That's literally the reasoning, where people think a Sorcerer descended from dragons should have innate abilities in exactly that way.
>>
>>86826354
I dunno but warlocks not being INT was a fat mistake
>>
>>86828224
Warlocks are not clever people, anon.
>>
>>86828224
in 4e they had the option of being CON based, that worked pretty well because the spells they could pick were different from the CHA based ones. CHA had stuff like debuffs/charms whereas CON was raw damage, which made sense narratively. CON was brute force eldritch magic while CHA was subtler stuff.

It also helped balance out the choice because if you could pick either, CON would be the better choice so you would only need CON and DEX, but because the charm based spells were really useful it gave you a decent reason to work on all 4 skills, or at the very least, choose wisely.

Could also work for Sorcerers, CON could be the metric of how much of their firey blood they can channel into a spell.
>>
>>86825091
Even though everyone loves CoS it’s a horrible book for your first campaign. It’s actually not that easy to run, it’s very non linear and it changes every time. That’s one of the things that makes it good, but it also makes it very difficult for a new DM.
>>
We should really have a compendium of features included in various major homebrews, so people don't have to homebrew something they can easily find.

Anyhoo. Does anyone know any homebrews with rules for any of the following?
1) playing as a literal dragon

2) playing as a sentient beast. Not furry antropomorphic shit, like tabaxi or harengin, but literal beasts, with paws and stuff

3) anything like a dex-based divine class/subclass, akin to a Warhammer Witch Hunter?
>>
>>86828277
>Everyone loves CoS
As someone who has just finished it as a player, I really didn't enjoy it. I know it's probably the most popular module but I've got a lot of criticisms of it that just don't seem to be heard online. Most people seem critical of the Death House, which for me was the best part of the whole campaign.
>>
>>86825539
Go back to your containment board and play myfarog you retard
>>
File: christine-leonardi-tibalt.jpg (383 KB, 1200x1697)
383 KB
383 KB JPG
>>86828224
You could just allow a homebrew variant rule for that. INT Warlock's fit fine with the whole "Gathering eldritch knowledge." angle. You could have the Patron literally teaching them this stuff or sending their servants to do it. Whatever works. While on the subject, INT Aberrant Mind Sorcerers also feel really fitting for a mystic feel.
If you can't do the Warlock one, the best option then for an INT Warlock would literally just be a Wizard with a warlock Patron obtained from a feat or feats; Eldritch Adept, Magic Initiate [Warlock], Shadow Touched, Fey Touched, and Gift of the Dragon all fit rather well.
>>
Con-based spellcaster could work if their spells had hp costs.
>>
>>86828289
People like the death house, they just criticize the lethality of it. Which is fair, because that encounter isn’t impossible, but it’s definitely super lethal at the level it’s intended for.
>>
I mean, it isn't called LIFE house, you cowards
>>
File: 7uhqumciah371.jpg (679 KB, 3300x5100)
679 KB
679 KB JPG
>>86828288
There's homebrews for all of those I'm sure, but I at least want to mention the ones that could work with what we have in current time.
>1) playing as a literal dragon
True Polymorph can do this as it can turn you into a literal Dragon permanently. Now if you want to try something else you could play a Sidekick, pick a CR 1/2 Dragon and play that! You get to play a literal dragon that way.
>2) playing as a sentient beast. Not furry antropomorphic shit, like tabaxi or harengin, but literal beasts, with paws and stuff
Same as before with the Sidekick route, but instead you are an Awoken Beast.

>3) anything like a dex-based divine class/subclass, akin to a Warhammer Witch Hunter?
Dex Watcher Paladin? Get firearm Proficiency from the DMG and use a Rapier. You'd be really good at killing undead and really good at stopping spellcasters through stuff like Bless and Aura of Protection. idk much about Warhammer or the Witch Hunter, so this might not be accurate?
>>
>>86828370
Yeah.
>>86828321
I think it was the only challenging part of the whole campaign, we shitstomped everything as soon as we got the sunsword, and strahd was a complete joke. Death house was the best part of the whole thing because it felt menacing, claustrophobic, evil. Everything afterwards was like wandering through a halloween themed event.
>>
>>86828400
>strahd was a complete joke
DM skill issue. Strahd should be played a lot smarter thsn players, and if he's too weak, DM should always buff him.
Strahd should be a brutal battle with definite risk of TPK, no matter hoe good the party is
>>
>>86828417
>DM skill issue.
>if he's too weak, DM should always buff him.

He's not a complete joke, your DM fucked up! But make sure you buff him so he's extra not a complete joke!
>>
>>86828417
>Rogue can crit for 81 radiant damage with sunsword
>strahd has 144hp
>rest of the party also have actions
>>
>>86828224
Warlocks are literally based on making pacts and bargains. Negotiating isn't an INT skill.
>>
>>86828688
Are you a retard?
>>
>>86828708
No, but it sounds like you might be.
>>
>>86828792
>negotiating doesn't benefit from intelligence
cringe opinion, homie
>>
>>86828688
Yes, because warlocks literally sweettalk and charm devil lords, cthulhus, and stars themselves.

Even if you go with literal bargaining vision of the character, its still more about analyzing terms they are given and avoiding catastrophic consequences and small print. Its absolutely not about pretty eyes.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (26 KB, 375x500)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
is there a 5e version of this?
>>
>>86828865
No, 5e was released way after CDs followed tape casettes and clay tablets into garbage bin of history.
>>
Any ideas to create an authentic world that bans magic? How would that be enforced—and is there any form of subtle technology (maybe somewhere along the lines of Steampunk?) to replace it that wouldn’t totally break immersion?
>>
>>86828435
Well yes, if DM takes statblock as written and uses it like a normal monster, that is a glaring DM skill issue.
>>
>>86828877
i obviously mean the software, amelia bedelia
>>
>>86828895
You are better off asking questions like that in Worldbuilding general.
A word of warning though - they are extremely autistic down there.
>>
>every orc uses same weapons
>every goblin uses same weapons
>every bandit uses same weapons
You don't do that, do you?
>>
>>86828895
to what extent is magic banned?
for how long has magic been banned?
does anyone even remember what magic is?
if anyone does remember what magic is why?
is remember magic a criminal offense?
is there a monopoly on magic where anyone so much as thinking about it is killed?
>>
>>86828897
>Strahd isn't weak if you make him not weak
>This is your DM's fault, not the people who wrote and playtested the campaign in a prewritten book that they charge full price for.
My favourite CR30 monster is the goblin, if you disagree it's a skill issue.
>>
>>86828926
Never, I always mix up my fodder, slight variation in attributes as well, big bandit does +1 damage and has +1 to hit but is 5ft slower or whatever.
I try to keep it realistic as well, if it's orcs, it's big and heavy weapons, maces and axes, bows for back row. If it's kobolds, it's shortswords and spears, crossbows for back row, if it's bandits it depends on the region, what the cities in the region are producing.
>>
>>86828895
In D&D, magic is huge, intrinsic to the world and game in many ways, so it can't be done in an even remotely authentic feeling fashion.
>>
Can Greater Restoration cure homosexuality?
>>
>>86829020
Is it able to cure mental issues like autism?
it should if so.
>>
Do preferred enemy (orcs) apply to half-orcs and preferred enemy (elves) to half-elves?
>>
>>86828951
>>86828461
Strahd isn't weak if your DM isn't retarded. Anytime he takes too much damage he can just fuck off through the walls or a floor and heal back to full then come back later to slowly wear down the party. Between that and legendary actions he can constantly line of sight the party so half of them can't hit on any given turn. Honestly if the party doesn't one shot Strahd (again break LoS between turns via legendary action movement) he is never under any real pressure.

But that's lame! Fuck you the statblock is fine and will threaten even competent parties if your DM isn't a drooling retard playing him like a beatstick.
>>
File: Samurai.png (76 KB, 450x450)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
is there a character generator on this https://5e.tools/
>>
>>86829056
>end of the campaign
>me and the bois kick in the doors of some nonce dracula's house
>he keeps being a faggot and phasing through walls
>literally cannot hit him
>The DM thinks he's cool
>We can't play the game
>this is basically a hostage situation
>Party is killed because we don't have any means of preventing this retarded wall phasing bullshit
>Call DM a cunt
>Leave his house
>Never play his shit games again
>He pays an annual subscription to a Malaysian Sock knitting forum where he tells other people they're wrong if they actually provide a boss that the players can fight
>>
>>86829126
Hey faggot the argument was about Strahd being weak which he absolutely isn't if played properly. Don't bitch that Strahd is too weak to challenge anyone then say he has to stand there and trade hits with the Sunsword.
>>
>>86828860
>its still more about analyzing terms they are given and avoiding catastrophic consequences and small print.
Most warlock plot hooks come from not noticing the small print
>>
>>86829145
>Played properly
>Literally leaving and attacking in between other people's turns, hiding behind walls during their turns so they cannot engage with the content.

Based.

I've got a new idea for a boss, basically I invite the players to my house, then take their dice from them, and they attack them with my monsters, and as they slowly die I keep smiling at them and asking if they're scared yet. They literally cannot play the game, but I don't care, my boss is challenging them. And by Challenging them, I mean preventing them from doing anything of any value, while simultaneously slowly chipping them down and using charm abilities to take their turns from them, which they couldn't use anyway because my boss was in the masonry.

It's a great boss, I especially like how he's completely immune to taking any damage except from held actions, which isn't enough damage to kill him, and then regenerating in the walls, only to pop out and deal another minor amount of damage.

SPOOKY!
>>
>>86827988
not a great feature, but it just remind me that somehow, monks "don't suffer the frailty of old age" but still die from it, which is fucking retarded if Paladin gets a similar favor that works like the monk should
>>
Coming up on the finale for my campaign, and my players need to defend a fortress against an enemy attack. In lieu of trying to run a bunch of friendly NPCs, I'm thinking instead of having most NPC help be in the form of a lair action for my players to decide on each turn.

Is there a better way of doing this, or something else to try out? Any experience with this sort of big battle situation?
>>
>>86829173
>Monster is clearly a skirmisher
>Low health and nothing to do in melee
>Has abilities which allow him to keep away and kite easily
>Nooooooo you have to stand there and let the players kill him in two turns or it won't be fun

You're missing the point. Explain why he has a phasing ability if you shouldn't use it. Better yet, explain how to run Strahd without kiting in a way that doesn't have him get steamrolled.

To be fair I get the point of it would be super gay to fight if played how I'm describing but that's besides the point. The statblock is extremely threatening because he has very good kiting abilities. No, Strahd isn't weak and going but "ThAts NoT fUn" has 0 (zero) bearing on his strength as a monster. Try to work on that reading comprehension so you look less retarded.
>>
>>86829268
No, I'm not missing the point at all, I get the point, you're ignoring the reality that he's simply not strong enough to fight the party conventionally, and the things he can do to mitigate that are not interesting or compelling to play. The whole point is to provide entertainment, I'm not saying it has to be easy, but hiding in the walls being immune to all damage isn't compelling or challenging, I'd argue it barely qualifies as a fight.
To run it as you've described would be very shit.
To run it as a standard fight would be very shit.

Here is my point:
Strahd that can fuck off and meld between walls has a time and place, but that time and place should not be the final fight. That should be for the times he harries the party during the adventure, only to fuck off to taunt them. The final fight should be a conventional battle, but using a stronger statblock, and none of the wall phasing shit.

It isn't conducive to gameplay, it's just shit.
>>
>>86829308
>you're ignoring the reality that he's simply not strong enough to fight the party conventionally, and the things he can do to mitigate that are not interesting or compelling to play.
I'm not ignoring it. It's the basis of my entire argument. He can't fight the party conventionally so he has to play like a faggot. We agree on this. I'm saying that he is very clearly not weak if you are willing to play it out.

>Strahd that can fuck off and meld between walls has a time and place, but that time and place should not be the final fight.
"Hey DM, how come he could move in and out of walls earlier when he was fucking with us but not now?"

I get your point its super fucking gay, but to say Strahd is weak is just wrong. If you want to talk about how to run him in a way that's fun that's fine but not the point I was originally replying to. To that end, do you have a buffed up statblock for a more "conventional" fight? My party will be at Strahd soon and I am worried kiting them out will be, as you said, not conducive to gameplay. My instinct was to have him appear and fight 2-3 times then fuck off to heal and make a final stand eventually. Its a bit contrived to have him suddenly fight conventionally but I'm not sure how to do it otherwise without slowly killing the party over 6 hours in a way that makes everyone want to kill themselves.
>>
>>86829366
I don't care, I'm not going to provide suggestions because I think you're a cunt.
>>
>>86829379
Concession accepted.
>>
>>86829392
>I win the other people don't want to spend time with me anymore

>>86829056
WOW
>>
File: 1661295286798578.png (1.08 MB, 1064x699)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
I want to learn how to dm. Are there any good one-shots out there?
>>
File: file.png (4 KB, 281x80)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>86829468
a most potent brew
horror at havel's cross
or
lost mines of phandelver

depends on how big you want your first bite to be. have 4-5 players, no more no less.
>>
Has anyone made jsons for Avrae of all spells not on the SRD?
>>
File: Drow Waifu.jpg (821 KB, 1600x2560)
821 KB
821 KB JPG
Can love bloom in the Underdark?
>>
>>86829643
Took me the whole comic to reliaze the first character is a dude
>>
>>86829691
They're drow, what do you expect?
>>
>>86829693
The dude look effeminate, not literally like a girl.
>>
>>86829643
No. Evil races literally cannot feel empathy or love (except for themselves) in FR and Pathfinder. Drow in other related settings definitely can fall in love though.
>>
File: xykw9ikbk1361.jpg (448 KB, 2025x3150)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
>>86827170
There's a stat generator, name generator, and This is Your Life/Backstory generator on there.
>>
>>86829643
So when do the adventurers bust in and kill her and her illithid slave?
>>
>>86829722
Meant for you>>86829121 You can also go into the classes themselves go to the info pages and roll on those tables for class traits.
>>
>>86828860
>analyzing terms they are given and avoiding catastrophic consequences and small print.
That's what a warlock SHOULD do.
That isn't going to be what most of them do. If they had the patience for that, they just would have gone into wizardry.
>>
>>86821794
>Find an adventure.

This is it. Unless you drop your entire life to travel, explore, try new things (not fucking skydiving, I mean *NEW* things), you'll be an NPC. That goes for all of us.

Think about it. What do PCs do? They go on adventures. It's not about making money, or joining the army or any of that shit. Corporate drones and soldiers are still just common NPCs.

Your options are to be an explorer (there's not much left to explore but it's doable) or an assassin/hitman (And you need to be good enough to stand out)

There are surely other options, but they need to give you experiences and adventures *nobody* else has. Not "ooh I have a nice car" or some shit.
>>
File: lust provoking image.png (7.96 MB, 3240x4000)
7.96 MB
7.96 MB PNG
>>86829510
Thanks. How much difference would it make if there are only 3 players? I have decided to run either potent brew or the first part of phandelver.
>>
Any good homebrew 4th-level spells? Things seem pretty anemic at that level.
>>
File: w6h6w1a9bcx41.png (2.07 MB, 2032x2362)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB PNG
>>86821453
>kill from close range or from a safe distance?
Yes.
>>
File: Artificer Spell.png (221 KB, 435x473)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
When will Crawford give artificer the unique spell(s) they deserve? Rate?
>>
>>86829046
Yes. Half-orcs count as orcs for all purposes, half-elves as elves for all purposes.

This also means favored enemy (human) applies to neither.
>>
>>86830136
>Haha poor melee martial can't get me because I can fl*BANG*
I, for one; approve.
>>
>>86829020
No. Greater restoration can cure:
>One Effect that Charmed or Petrified the target
>One curse, including the target's Attunement to a Cursed magic item
>Any reduction to one of the target's Ability Scores
>One Effect reducing the target's hit point maximum

Since lycantrophy is a curse, you can cure a furry though.
>>
>>86830016
Its definitely one of the weakest levels across classes, but I've never had trouble making use of the slots regardless
>>
How do I separate worldbuilding wankery from creating a setting that is fun to play in?
>>
File: FIM0WliXEAc-Tmp.jpg (468 KB, 4096x1973)
468 KB
468 KB JPG
>>86830016
4th level has Banishment, Dimension Door, Black Tentacles, Greater Invisibility, Polymorph, Sickening Radiance, Summon Aberration, and Conjure Woodland Beings. Its got some power houses.
>>
Why would someone make +1 Padded Armor when its conferring the same defenses as Studded Leather Armor but more expensive (2,000 GP), much harder to make (You have to get the Recipe & the Exotic Material from a CR 9-12 creature such as a Glabrezu), and is still bulkier than Studded Leather thus imposing disadvantage on stealth rolls.
>>
File: 3163613613146.jpg (809 KB, 1920x1080)
809 KB
809 KB JPG
>>86825905
Here's what I suggest for best 1 level dips
>Start as level 1 rogue, fighter rest of the way
You get some extra skills and free expertise so you aren't useless outside combat, and free damage if you happen to get sneak attack. Best synergy with fighter.
>Sorcerer
You get 4 cantrips and the ability to cast shield twice per long rest, not bad. Take some utility cantrips.
>Clockwork Soul
You can use restore balance 4 times per day which is really nice. (When a creature you can see within 60 feet of you is about to roll a d20 with advantage or disadvantage, you can use your reaction to prevent the roll from being affected by advantage and disadvantage.)
>Draconic Bloodline
You get +9 HP for free.
>Shadow
Pretty good synergy with a fighter. If you're going custom lineage, you can pick another skill prof. instead of taking darkvision.
You get free darkvision to 120ft + When damage reduces you to 0 hit points, you can make a Charisma saving throw (DC 5 + the damage taken). On a success, you instead drop to 1 hit point. You can't use this feature if you are reduced to 0 hit points by radiant damage or by a critical hit. After the saving throw succeeds, you can't use this feature again until you finish a long rest.
>Wizard
3 cantrips, and you can cast shield twice per long rest, and one more time if you take a short rest with Arcane Recovery.
>>
>>86830863
They wouldn't, for the reason given.
>>
>>86825905
I want to suggest Order Cleric, Forge Cleric, Peace Cleric, or Twilight Cleric.
Order Cleric gives you Voice of Authority, which stacks super well with Bless and Healing Word.
Forge Cleric gives you a +1 Hand Crossbow or +1 Armor, also Bless and Healing Word.
Peace Cleric gives you Emboldening Bond + Bless and Healing Word.
Twilight Cleric gives you 300 feet of darkvision and advantage on initiative also Bless and Healing Word.
>>
Is a recharging 6d6 too much damage for a CR 3 creature?
>>
>>86826468
Use magic missile and dont upcast it
>>
>>86831437
Nope. Any Level 3 Wizard can throw out a few of those, and it wont even be a recharge ability
>>
>>86831437
>Lightning Breath (Recharge 5–6). The dragon exhales lightning in a 30-foot line that is 5 feet wide. Each creature in that line must make a DC 12 Dexterity saving throw, taking 22 (4d10) lightning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
A blue dragon wyrmling is CR 3 and deals comparable damage.
>Radiant Fire (Recharge 5–6). Mercion creates a magical explosion of fiery radiance centered on a point she can see within 120 feet of her. Each creature in a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on that point must make a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw, taking 28 (8d6) radiant damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
This is from a CR 3 NPC from The Wild Beyond the Witchlight. So yeah, 6d6 on a DC 13 is fine.
>>
>>86831135
>You get +9 HP for free.
You what
>>
>>86831619
They must be assuming that you get the draconic +1 HP for every level and not every sorcerer level.
>>
>>86830726
Yeah, there are good spells, but not as many options as surrounding levels. I'd be perfectly happy with things well below that power level, just more variety.
>>
>>86826468
Magic Missile- 9 average damage/cant miss
Scorching Ray- 18 average damage/3 chances to miss
I dont think ive ever used scorching ray and not missed one of the attacks, so 12 average, and maybe even 0 damage if they all miss
Upcast magic missile is probably better in every case
>>
>>86831619
>>86831639
Woopsie nevermind, I'm a retard. Forgot that caveat.
>>
File: 1132353424.jpg (57 KB, 500x375)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Dragonlance is out on 5etools. Is it shit?
>>
>>86831761
I don't think its out on it yet. The boo book is from a few months ago
>>
>>86831812
https://5e.tools/adventure.html#dsotdq
>>
>>86831817
oh, thanks for the link, im retarded, maybe i had a cached version of 5etools
>>
>>86831437
I just realized I forgot to add that Bladed Dash doesn't provoke opportunity attacks. Fixed.
>>86831592
What 2nd level spell does that? Scorching Ray seems to be able to do it, but you've got to hit 3 times, were there others?
>>86831618
Just what I needed to know. Thanks.
>>
>>86831832
A lot of the blast spells at 2nd level do that much damage, or a little less but can hit 2 or more targets so the average damage ends up being the same
>>
File: Greater Death Dragon.png (930 KB, 965x1000)
930 KB
930 KB PNG
>>86831817
>Cataclysmic Breath (Recharge 5–6). The dragon exhales a wave of ghostly purple flames in a 60-foot cone. Each creature in that area must make a DC 18 Dexterity saving throw, taking 45 (10d8) necrotic damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. A creature dies if the breath reduces it to 0 hit points. Additionally, any Medium or smaller Humanoid killed by the breath's damage, as well as every corpse of such a creature within the cone, becomes a zombie (see the Monster Manual) under the dragon's control. The zombie acts on the dragon's initiative but immediately after the dragon's turn. Absent any other command, the zombie tries to kill any non-Undead creature it encounters.
Oh hohoho...Da hoes go' hate dis..
>>
what subclass do you think would get the most crafting leeway from a DM:

>forge
>battlesmith
>conjuration
>creation
>genie
>>
>>86831902
Doesn't really matter if your DM is anti-crafting. Just ask your DM in the first place how they feel about it, then choose accordingly.
>>
>>86831902
Forge, cause you can make the case that one of your core features as a cleric is useless if you can make cool stuff with it. The rest actually have mechanics that are useful, but Forge clerics channel divinity isnt
>>
>>86831925
100gp limit though?
>>
>>86831902
Ask your DM, "Crafting Leeway" doesn't really make any sense as any class in the game can be an efficient crafter with proficiency in a tool set. Now if your DM determines "Crafting Leeway" as having expertise in a Tool then none of those except for a 6th level Battlesmith artificer, the best option is actually a 3rd Level Rune Knight fighter as they get Fire Giant Rune at level 3.
>This rune's magic channels the masterful craftsmanship of great smiths. While wearing or carrying an object inscribed with this rune, your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses your proficiency with a tool.
Pick a custom background with 2 Artisan Tools
Pick a V.Human for Skilled (3 Tools)
Rune Knight's get Smith Tools
Get the Fire Rune and now you have expertise in 6 tools.

Even then, you should still talk with your DM as crafting is all up to them. There's guidelines in XGTE (Page 128-129) that can help with crafting magic items and what not
>>
File: 1236845335.jpg (386 KB, 1920x1080)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
>>86831925
I love Forge Cleric so much. Convinced my DM to let me make a suit of plate armor piece by piece. Took 15 long rests, 100gp each time, and several sessions, but it was worth it.
>>
Has anyone made jsons for Avrae of all spells not on the SRD?
>>
>>86831968
15 long rests is like a full campaign anon
>>
>>86832077
>15 long rests is like a full campaign anon
Tell me youre a no game without saying youre a no game
You get multiple channel divinity uses, and they come back on a short rest you retard
>>
>>86831817
>all the feats/backgrounds require you to be in a dragonlance campaign
Wow! What a waste!
>>
>>86832208
>WotC implicitly allowing Strixhaven/Spelljammer backgrounds in other campaigns
Thanks Crawdaddy! I can't wait for my Vuman to get 2 free feats at first level from now on!
>>
>>86832151
you were the one who said said long rest idiot
>>
>>86832249
its happening whether you like it or not now.
>>
>>86832261
Wasnt even me who said that retard. They clearly just meant rests.
>I am twelve and what are context clues
>>
>>86832249
I think the playtest design with everyone getting a level 1 feat is a good idea to stop this kind of faggotry, but the human race in the playtest packet slurps cum through an instant milkshake straw. The other races get flight, spells, other shit, humans get advantage once per day.
Yikes.
>>
>>86832287
They just want everyone to play freakshit now, and arent even hiding it
>>
>>86832299
I don't mind some of the changes, I like the elves, Orcs, and Dwarves. I don't understand why they think they need another animal race as a core race though. Also what happened to aasimar? Do they no longer exist because Wizards wanted yet another furry race? Wild.
>>
>>86831902
>>86831918
>anticrafting dm
Holy shit why even play.
>>
>Every character can get a free feat at character creation, but it must be a racial feat from Xanathar's for which your character qualifies

Thoughts on this house rule? It slightly discourages Vuman (still gets Prodigy) while strongly encouraging PHB races (which can consistently get a 15+2+1 in a key ability score).
>>
>>86832352
Id still take Vhuman, but it stops people from playing the freakish races that are solely picked so the player can feel like a special snowflake and never blend into the general population of the setting
>>
>>86832352
Nah, just give everyone a free feat, no Vhuman. Use the tasha's optional rule too where you just pick +2/+1 to any ability score too.
>>
>>86832372
'no'
>>
>>86832386
Why?
>>
>>86832372
but then people will still play their Shifter wolfman, shunned by his people for having jet black hair and a scar over his eye! Who watched his parents DIE right in front of him and is on a quest for vengeance against blah blah blah
>>
>>86832391
Fuck off forever, freakshit enabler.
>>
>>86832403
That doesn't enable freakshit, it allows me to play elves with +2 str +1 Con. Fuck you I'm an elf supremacist.
>>
>>86832399
Newer shifters already can distribute their stats as they want, tasha variant allows the older more conventional races to do it, too
>>
>>86832417
If you want to play with a bonus to STR and CON, consider Half-Orc or Mountain Dwarf.
>>
>>86832425
The point of making the free feats racially locked
--------------------->The point
(((You)))
>>
>>86832372
I did exactly this. Removed vuman, gave everyone a free feat at start, and the Tasha floating ASI's (which is now standardized with MPMM)
>>
>>86832430
No, I want to play as an elf, because elves are more interesting to me. I also want to be good in melee, because I hate the idea that all elves are archers. The tasha's rule allows me to do this and it makes perfect sense, you're only mad because you think I was trying to support furries or something.
I wasn't, I hate them too, I just want my Elves to be stronger.
>>
>>86832453
So grab a rapier, take Elven Accuracy, and use Dexterity over Strength? I don't see the problem here.
>>
>>86832470
No, that's gay as fuck, I want to play as a strong elf, the tasha's rule is ideal. Since implementing it my games have had *less* freak races, not more. I've seen a serious reduction in tiefling players if nothing else.
>>
>>86832491
You can play a Half-Elf and put your variable +1/+1 ability score increases into STR and CON. It is an ideal foundation for a Paladin.
>>
>>86832077
What are you on about? My current campaign is on day 50 in-game and they're maybe a third of the way through their adventure.
>>
>>86832504
Fuck paladins. I'm not sure why you dislike the tasha's rule, it works really well.
>>
>>86832515
I hate everything about Tasha's.
>>
>>86832524
It fixed summoning. Banning all the conjure spells in favor of the summon spells made combat so much cleaner.
>>
>>86832524
I don't. There's some good stuff in there. I especially like the Initiate feats that can flavor a character with a bit of another class without multiclassing, those are nice. The magic items are pretty good too.
>>
>>86832534
>taking Conjure Animals away from the Druid

Another reason to hate Tasha's, and to hate you.
>>
>>86832352
I like it.
>>
>>86832534
Summon Beast is fine at lower levels, but if Conjure spells are banned its stronger and more importantly, more interesting to use your concentration on something other than Summon, honestly.
>>
>>86832540
Fuck druids.
>>
>>86832534
>Banning all the conjure spells in favor of the summon spells
You banned Conjure Animals, Conjure Woodland Beings, and Conjure Minor Elementals, not Tasha's. Tasha's simply added new spells.
>>
>>86832540
Oh no not Conjure Animals! How is the full caster a d8 hit die and access to shields supposed to achieve anything now?
>>
>>86832453
You missed what was being said, and made an argument that nobody was making, and this was even pointed out in one of the comments above
>>86832436
You can still keep the optional tashas rule, and nobody mentioned taking it away
>>
>>86832352
Can you make anything broken with this houserule?
>>
>>86832674
No, I missed nothing, I just don't agree with you.
>>
File: Divinely Favored.png (72 KB, 695x512)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>86832208
Of all the feats in that book, why does this one have the "Dragonlance Campaign" prereq? This feat is totally usable in pretty much any setting were Clerics exist.
>>
>>86832603
I did. But Tasha's gave the players something else they could use instead, which made me more willing to do so.
>>
>>86832540
>how DARE you take away a notoriously busted spell!
>>
>>86832584
which wildshape do you prefer them take before you fuck them?
>>
>cartomancer removed
literally the only good feat from the UA, fucking hacks
>>
>>86832956
Horse
>>
>>86832991
thats fucking boring, you know they can turn into anything, right
>>
>>86832968
That was a different UA.
>>
>>86833056
when the fuck are we getting it then
>>
>>86832956
futa tiefling
>>
File: Musashi_ts_pic.jpg (255 KB, 813x1179)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
I cast true polymorph and now you have a penis
>>
I cast restore youth on myself
>>
>>86833483
Thank you my brother, now I can live a life without menstruation
>>
File: 1665527758988.jpg (345 KB, 591x999)
345 KB
345 KB JPG
>>86833483
already had one
>>
>>86822428
In the COS campaign I'm in, the party basically befriended a lot of the big players in Vallaki, and in a homebrew campaign I'm also in, we befriended a bunch of people in the big capital city and my Wizard is befriending an apothecary she helped free from slavery

>Can this be integrated in a game without being obnoxious and intrusive?
Yes. The key is to have it be something the players want either for RP reasons or even minor mechanical benefits
>>
>>86833702
>>86833702

new thread

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.