[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_20221124_065417.jpg (348 KB, 720x837)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
Praise the sun Edition

>Previously, in the Mortal Realms

>It's balance scroll time
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/27/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-metawatch-unpacking-the-new-battlescroll/

>Points update
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/06/22/a-big-balance-update-hits-the-mortal-realms-as-war-comes-to-gallet/

>Official AoS website:
https://www.ageofsigmar.com

>Downloads, Rules Errata and FAQs:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Tools:
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/
https://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/
Reused Art Edition

>Anvil of Apotheosis hero creator:
https://aosg.github.io/

>Thread question:
How to fix Khorne?
>>
>tq
Delete his faggot priest magic users and make give BoK super killy but relatively squishy profiles, kind of like inverted WoC.
>>
>>86821007
Ben, stop fucking up the OP.
>>
File: W6v4R3swgPUPy35I.jpg (124 KB, 1000x1000)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
What's the deal with Lumineth elves? I know they're the successful experiment where Idoneth failed.
Did the elf gods and the former leaders of Highelves Alariel and Techlis just abandon the regular High Elves?
>>
>>86821007
>tq
do any other armies have an escalating buff mechanic like dark eldar? "anger rising" or some shit. I think they should ditch spendable points as they're too easy to fuck up (see the current system, or depravity points, which have alternately been grotesquely OP or totally underwhelming)
>>
>>86821157
the elf gods slept in, and earlybird sigmar had already gathered up the very few "realm native" elves in azyr by the time they woke up, so they decided to start fresh by creating their own signature forms of elf life
>>
>>86821158
dok and big waagh both do.
>>
File: Sls.jpg (18 KB, 252x214)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>86821157
>successful experiment
Hardly. They only look normal. They almost self destructed after being left alone and now Teclis needs to babysit them and regularly lobotomise autism out of them. In that regard self sutaining Idoneth came out better, but Teclis already discarded them and failed a genocide, so there is no swaping back
>>
>>86821208
>In that regard self sutaining Idoneth came out better
Except for the fact Idoneth aren't self sustaining, they need to raid for souls so that the bottom 90% of them can achieve a lifespan comparable to normal humans.
>>
>>86821254
They probably have to eat food and breath too, but they manage to meet those needs by their own means
>>
File: 20221123_233203.jpg (1.55 MB, 4000x3000)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
I'm pretty proud of this vigilor, the face may look derpy up close but at tabletop distance it looks like a real tiny person.
>>
>>86821208
teclis did have to fix their culture with the reinvention but he doesn't lobotomise them. they stay on the straight and narrow because of the geomantic paths and by using aetherquartz to draw off excess emotion
>>
>>86821405
>and by using aetherquartz to draw off excess emotion
I believe using magic rocks to extracts parts of your mind was ment to be the "lobotomised" part
>>
>>86821422
an emotion is a sensation, not a thought
>>
>>86821402
nice work anon, I see what you mean
>>
>>86821485

Thanks anon
>>
>>86821303
>They probably have to eat food and breath too, but they manage to meet those needs by their own means
So does everyone else, no one else however needs to suck the soul out of living beings to just barely function at a basic normal person level. Even vampires just need blood and they get superpowers out of it.
>>
File: IMG_20221123_190327.jpg (2.69 MB, 3824x4032)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB JPG
Post what you are working on.
I did a little test model for a custom wardokk, it's okay but I definitely need to sculpt the snake better
>>
>>86821402
>le citadel but plug
All jokes aside, nice work anon.
>>
>>86821157
>End time happens and the elves & their gods was either all eaten or escape through the Lileath safe haven

>Allariel was reborn In Ghyran but was in a coma & Tyrion was spending most of his time finding his brother

>Eons past and the "City elves" simply keep to themselves hiding in the corner of the realm till Simgar stumble upon them as went "Hey the primeval & godbeast are fucking you over I can help if you join my empire"

>By the time Sigmar reintroduces the twins to the Azyrite elves they were as the new battletome mention "Quickly sense that none fully recapture the glory of their lost people somehow their souls was less luminous" and decided they needed to get the other souls back

>Allariel awoken by sigmar keep with the wood elves due to her being more Ariel/Isha then Allariele
>>
Are gitz actually as bad as their stats look, or is there a stormcast starter box effect going on with them where a bunch of people bring them as their fuck around list? Like Squig Herd is 72w for 400 points with a 4+ rally. They can get +3 move, run and charge, +1 attack, +1 hit aura sloggoth, -1 hit aura, +1 to wound aura ca, fight last spell, teleport, summon back 36 wounds of dudes, +1 rend arti. They have good casting for endless spells, 40 point mushroom. Rockguts are a reasonable warscroll. Seems pretty decent just spamming troggs or squigs with some wizard support and ignoring all the bad crap in the book.
>>
File: print.png (2.33 MB, 1312x894)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB PNG
>>86821645
>NOOOOO YOU CANT JUST PRINT A $60 MODEL FOR 0.57 CENTS GAYS WORKSHOP WILL GO OUT OF BUSI - ACK!
>>
>>86821871
love this weird strawman where you pretend anyone actually gives a fuck if you print minis or not, great look
>>
>>86821871
The big lad looks ok, the skink on top looks like a pixelated thing from the 90s.
>>
I'm not fucking with resin chemicals and jews on virtual storefront seller sites charge nearly as much as gw anyway.
>>
>>86821823
>are gitz actually as bad as

yes. as a gitz player since their 2E tome launch, yes, they are that bad, and 3E somehow made them even worse.

squig herd does look like a lot of wounds, but it also has no armor save and shit bravery and is not particularly fast and cannot fly. they will either get stuck on a screen and then bleed casualties or just straight up die to some other armies blender that is just better and while fucking annihilate them. the rally is negligible because they will get stuck into combat and unable to use it or just wiped out before they get there, they arent an attrition unit.

troggs is the only gitz list that kind of works, because rockguts have decent rend so they can kind of get around the armor creep, and their 5+ ward makes them somewhat resistant to some of the nastier stuff in the game which mostly spams MWs at range, but they are still expensive, slow, and with 5+ armor saves and regeneration that only regens 2 wounds 50% of the time, they actually arent that tough against regular damage. kragnos kind of helps out with troggs speed issues and works pretty well with them, but i think they succeed more because of kragnos than anything the troggs are doing special, and you would do just as well if not better with ironjawz.

its like....imagine playing skaven, but take away half the buffs and all the ranged units, and all the deepstriking/gnawhole shenanigans
>>
>>86821645
This is a pretty good looking use of bitz anon! I haven't made enough progress since yesterday to justify another pic, still just basecoating anyways
>>
Anyone have Lumineth and Behemat battletomes?
>>
>>86821645
>Post what you are working on.
>>
>>86822065
>has no armor save
Its a ton of wounds it doesn't need a save
>shit bravery
immune around the shrine
> the rally is negligible because they will get stuck into combat
you can always retreat and then guaranteed rally next turn
>or just wiped out
free summon then
>imagine playing skaven, but take away half the buffs and all the ranged units
I listed a ton of buffs they have, and gitz have a full teleport. They can't shoot but skaven aren't running 200 wounds either.
>>
>>86822116
I have the Lumie tome :)
>>
>>86821911
"Nooo [x]" is easily the most annoying contemporary 4chan phrase and that's really saying something
>>
>>86822069
Thank you anon
>>
>>86821871
Printfags rarely seem to actually paint models, I wonder why
>>
>>86822197
okay, fine. go for it. they're great model

just dont expect the reality on the table to line up with your theorycrafting. been playing them for nearly 5 years now, it just doesnt. fights dont always happen near the shrine. retreating to rally will often mean surrendering an objective and it leaves them out in the open to get demolished anyways. the free summon is slow, and they have to move back up the board, often far too late to help with anything. and you absolutely 100% cannot rely on their "full teleport". they dont have shit for casting bonuses, it will get unbound. often.
>>
File: 1657431550326.jpg (112 KB, 750x920)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
I hope I'm never rich because if I were I'd buy like $5,000 of figures and ~$500 of books and I honestly think I'd feel guilty for that.
>>
>>86822197
>free summon then
a 50% chance to bring back a unit at half strength you mean
>>
>>86822171
oh cool I'll be excited to see you paint this sucker, great looking kit
>>
>>86822442
actual printfags definitely do, i see it fairly often in /wip/, but anyone coming in here talking about it like a vegan is guaranteed to just be a baiting outrage farmer 100% of the time
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1.89 MB, 1613x1210)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB JPG
>>86821645
Early stages of Lotann. I had the idea of making the Ochtar in the colors of the tassels of the rest of my army(Orange to yellow blend) since Lotann himself doesn't have any, but I think he might be too big and draw too much attention away from Lotann.
>>86822171
Love the Slaanesh DP build. Tempted to get one just to paint when they're available.
>>
>>86822690
I think you're right, a little (or a lot) overpowering visually.
>>
File: file.png (276 KB, 425x287)
276 KB
276 KB PNG
>>86822810
The end result would be like this if I continued. But right now I think its back to the drawing board for colors on octobro.
>>
>>86822830
yeah I'm familiar with your stuff it's a great scheme, i just meant in proportion - like you were saying
>>
>>86822690
Based big flat
>>
I managed to grab a metal Warpgrinder
Are they anygood or should I just kitbash it with spare stormfiend bits to make a ratling gunner?
>>
>>86822874
I prefer using a warp grinder team to deep strike stormfiends over giving a stormfiend grinderfists
btw it might save you a headache if you snip off the pipes connecting the drill to the motor and replace them with greenstuff tubes after gluing the skaven to the base; when I got mine I simply could not bend them to line up all of the points of contact perfectly
>>
>>86822197
Whoa shit anon you solved it.
All these people playing Gitz and saying they are bad must just be fucking retarded!
If only Gitz had a player of your obvious caliber to lift them into the 50%!!!!
> oh wait it's the WOUNDS DENSITY no gaems faggot
>>
>>86822874
Tough call. The grinder has a 1" range, 1 attack, hits on 4+ and wounds on 3+ but does 2 damage, but, it has the ability to tunnel a unit (excluding monsters and warmachines) from reserve 9" behind your enemy.
Ratling gun has 12" range and 4+ H/W and only 1 damage, but it does have 2d6 attacks and can risk death to double that.
Warpfire thrower has 8" range and every model in it's target unit takes a wound on a 4+ roll, you can risk a 1-2 on a d6 roll to roll 2 dice/model or explode.

I guess it depends on your style and your army. I'd go with the grinder cause I like to be sneaky.
>>
>>86823016
>>86823115
Oh shit always read Stormfiends as monsters
>>
>>86823181
yeah the only monsters in the army are verminlords, thanquol and boneripper, and the HPA
>>
I feel like Skaven are going to get their big update when they are either in the Age of Sigmar 4th Edition starter or the TOW starter.
>>
>>86823021
Why are you so triggered npc? Cant handle people asking simple questions that go against the common grain? Plenty of people have piloted of them to postive win rates.
>>
>Decided to do Gotrek as my first model.
>The 40MM base instructions barely told you how to fit it together.
I managed to do it in the end, but they're not all this bad, right?
>>
>>86824109
chatbot tier response
>>
Anyone have the new mawtribes book?
>>
File: Maybe.jpg (6.47 MB, 3840x2160)
6.47 MB
6.47 MB JPG
Not a bad chaos alternative, but after the latest releases this just looks sad in comparison. The main hero just doesn't look chaos-y enough. I like the pseudo-juggernouts though. Those have potential
>>
>>86824260
Yes but I don't have a scanner sadly.
>>
File: 20221123_174121.jpg (3.15 MB, 3264x2448)
3.15 MB
3.15 MB JPG
I played a 4000 pt game today
Hedonites vs Ossiarch

First game in freaking months.
>>
>>86824296

The cavalry looks good, but I don't like the anime sword on the shirtless guy.

Too bad I haven't seen a printer selling the latest Lord of the print models here in Poland.
>>
>>86823021
I just hate it when faggots complain that their army has an actual identity and weaknesses in addition to its strengths.

>This unit has awful moral! GW why?
yeah, its supposed to, flavor and gameplay wise they are supposed to flee easily.
>This unit doesn't do any damage!? WTF GW?
that unit is armed with rusty spears and rocks, why should it have armor piercing?
>My units are weak to magic, they need some extra wards and protection against magic!
motherfucker what do you think being weak to magic means?
etc etc. Some people will never be happy until either their chosen faction can do everything or every faction can do everything and the game decends into a pile of mush.
>>
>>86824452
The issue is that some armies have more weaknesses than strengths, or their strengths aren't things that are actually good, or they're GSG and the things they're good at are all things that were nerfed in 3e so they effectively aren't good at anything anymore.
>>
>>86824480
There are things gits are still good at, you don't have to play stabba blobs at all. Declaring gsg is just irredeemable garbage and refusing to actually discuss anything about the army has become practically dogmatic since fall.
>>
>>86824500
They had a ~30% winrate for a bit there. For a while that's what gitz was at their best. There' definitely things they can do, but compared to literally every other army, they are literally the bottom of the barrel as far as armies go, and it's not even by a small margin, the best armies in the game have around double the winrate of gitz. There's not really that much worth saying "Oh yeah this is good" when even that gets you a winrate of "You will lose about two thirds of the time"
>>
>>86824296

How modular are the lotp models in general?
>>
>>86824528
>that's what gitz was at their best.
I doubt it, they have a very high usage rate for the "worst" army in the game. I suspect people certainly aren't waacfagging with them nearly to the same degree as boc and tzeentch and bsz fags to win 45% of games instead of 40%. Their reputation is the I'm going to lose 4 games but have fun playing what I want army.
>>
Where do I find the SCE book?
>>
>>86824596
GSG's usage rates are certainly pumped up by them having one of the best model ranges in the game. It's undeniable that they're in an absolutely awful place at the moment, and were in a rough spot even before 3e just fucking gutted one of the better gimmicks they were known for.
>>
>>86824357
How long do AoS games take compared to 40k games of similar points?
>>
>>86824452
See the thing is that the more weaknesses something has, the more strengths it should also have.
Gobs are shit at everything. I don't even wanna say that they have a numbers advantage, because stabbas cost significantly more than clanrats, a much better unit.
>>
>>86823297
they're not going to be in either starter
>>
File: spider.png (210 KB, 1010x781)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
So, following the trends of the other books, which 3 are gonna be cut?
>>
File: 20221122_112853.jpg (1.14 MB, 3456x4608)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
we got dolphins in AOS
>>
>>86824650
Gits don't play like skaven. Clanrats are like they are because they screen for shooting like gnoblars do in ogres, no one is spamming them. They just looked at Stabbas and didn't drop them to 100 because of the bs immunity, and the rally, and the revive. And they didn't want people getting all uppity and buying 200 of the things in the 2 month window or whatever between the ghb that drops BH and the army book.
>>
>>86824682
why are the dolphins the only animal in that list that wasn't made weird in some way
>>
>>86824707
Cause they raped Hank Hill in that one episode of King of the Hill. Also Bill but that technically took place before the events of the episode
>>
>>86824682
>Ostraturduckens
Considering the size difference they stuffed ostriches with several turduckens, I'm guessing. Lmao.
>>86824707
I guess all they could really do to AoSify them would be to call them Dolphyns and add a couple of horns?
>>
>>86824730
>Dolphyns and add a couple of horns?
Dolphins were once part of order but were bullied by kharibdyss so bad they joined chaos.
>>
>>86824704
skaven have better options for morale buffs/immunity though
a plague furnace, bell of doom, or warpseer are more reliable than a static terrain piece
man I don't get why you're defending the current state of GSG
>>
>>86824707
plot twist: it's actually some horrible fucked-up mutant creature simply called a dolphin
>>
>>86824730
>call them Dolphyns and add a couple of horns?
that's just narvhals now
>>
>>86824748
Stating what they actually have isn't defending, using that as a sort of accusation is just base dismissal. Its fallacy, appeal to crowds.
>skaven have better options for morale buffs/immunity
The shrine is actually on the board every game and the plague furnace rarely is because monks are bad, the warpseer and bell of doom never are.
>>
>>86824675
If I had to guess I’d say Deadly Webbing, Sneaky Distraction and Curse of da Spider God.

Venomous Spiderlings will stay because it’s a basic bitch mortals on 6s spell. The other two will stay because they only work on Spiderfang units so they keep the theme best. Deadly Webbing is kind of thematic but nobody wants to deal with extra scenery rules
>>
>>86824682
Are slaanesh ogors a thing?
>>
>>86821645
Just finished this lad.

About to try batch painting my Boltboyz next
>>
>>86824936
Make sure to paint their bolts all mucky and dirty
>>
>>86824941
This was my test one, I painted the actual bolt head a dark murky blue like the rest of my Gutrippaz, just trying to make the poisoned weapons seem a little different.

Went a little nuts on the sheath and bolt feathers but like how it turned out.
>>
>>86824970
A bit of brown or rust would do wonders I think for the bolts.
>>
Which guy should I get? Does Belakor + eternus + legionnaires synergy impress anyone on paper enough to get that over Archaon?
>>
Also as a Gitz player I thought I'd throw my list into the ring

- Army Faction: Gloomspite Gitz
- Subfaction: Glogg's Megamob
LEADERS
Dankhold Troggboss (220)
- Artefacts of Power: Aetherquartz-studded Hide
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (95)*
- Artefacts of Power: Arcane Tome
- Spells: Itchy Nuisance
Skragrott, the Loonking (210)*
- General
- Spells: The Great Green Spite
- Spells: Call da Moon
- Spells: Vindictive Glare
BATTLELINE
Shootas (120)***
Shootas (120)***
Stabbas (140)***
- Moonclan Flag Bearer
- Gong Basher
- Stabba and Moon Shield
- 3 x Barbed Net
OTHER
Marshcrawla Sloggoth (150)*
Rockgut Troggoths (290)**
Rockgut Troggoths (290)**
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS
1 x Mork's Mighty Mushroom (40)
1 x Chronomantic Cogs (70)
1 x Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws (60)
TERRAIN
1 x Bad Moon Loonshrine (0)
CORE BATTALIONS
*Warlord
**Bounty Hunters
***Expert Conquerors
TOTAL POINTS: 1995/2000
Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

I've played several games, my most successful was against IDK, he got absolutely destroyed by all the magic I was able to bring, and forcing them to deal with the the tarpit of Gitz allowing an opening for the Troggs to get in and almost never miss an attack.

Kragnos is good, but GSG is a control army, don't rush with them, this list is currently undefeated and it's just fun all the options you have with spells and the sheer amount of CP you gain from all the heros
>>
>>86824993
What's the best way to get a rust effect? I'm a rather lazy painter...so is there an easy way to achieve it?
>>
>>86825016
Point in its favor, Belakor + Eternus + Legionnaires is probably less points than Archaon so you can bring more of the cool shit like Knights.
>>
>>86821871
I WISH I SPENT THE WHOLE 0.59 CENTS AND PRINTED THE ONE WITH EYES. THIS ONE KEEPS BUMPING INTO SHIT.
>>
>>86825020
Undefeated? Nice man, would love to play against it some time. I dig a Gitz list that can actually interact in every phase properly.
>>
>>86825016
archaon looks ugly
>>
>>86825074
troggles don't have eyes, silly
>>
>>86825016
Eternus is probably better in lofp weirdly. They need the cp regen to use rally. The pay off for legion looks like its the big varanguard units for mark swapping.
>>
>>86825090
Had a great game a few weeks ago against Fyreslayers, the Jaws were able to do 19MWs in two turns due to how slow they little fellows are. Had to sacrifice my Loonshrine to his Magmadroths, but made an opening for my Troggs to go in and clean all 3 of them out in a Round of combat.

Plus being able to shoot a little hero with ol Skargrot and then tell them they'll just take a mortal wound every turn until the game ends is funny
>>
>>86825020
Looks about like what I'd try except with an arach shaman instead of skraggy and fungoid, and scuttle over cogs.
>>
>>86825074
>>86825114
Just buy a pack of googly eyes
>>
>>86822690
My shit advice would be a more magenta purple for the octobro outside, lighter blue on his underside, with lots of overlapping orange spots on top. Mute the octobro colors if you think he's going to overpower.
>>
>>86825163
Based Spider Bro, I'd definitely consider the Cogs though, when your Arach Sharman and any other Webspinners are both near the Loonshrine and the big boy that's +2 cast, and you can reroll those.

Imagine never missing another cast ever
>>
>>86824936
>>86824970
Who laid your tiles so badly?! Curves like a niger dick
>>
File: tgvy3xzi09n11.jpg (202 KB, 960x960)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
imagine an alt world where spider riders had a bigger rect base or whfb shifted to rounds on trays before the 6e starter? Fucking hell
>>
>>86821871
who're you quoting? is that ripped from total war? undercutting on the scales mogs the official kit but it looks kinda ass in lots of areas
>>
>>86824814
>the three I use
yeah that's probably gonna be it then
>>
>>86825027
Search "rust" and "Warhammer TV" on YouTube. You can use a diluted brown like skrag brown.
>>
>>86825349
spider riders have some of the better 3d printable sculpts out there.
>>
>>86825378
who asked
>>
>>86825325
Look, the house is roughly 60 years old, it's due for a reno but it gets me by.
>>
>>86825399
60 years old house…You are living in Rumunia or What?!
>>
>>86825394
stop being a dick for no reason.
>>
>>86821157
The mortal aelves originally arrived in Azyr. There weren't any in Hysh or Ulgu. And the ones in Azyr were very few in number. The aelf gods took them under their wing. They intermingled with the aelves recreated with the souls drawn from Slaanesh, so the distinction disappeared over time. There may still be some of them alive, or maybe they're all expired by now. In any case the modern Lumineth are considered the heirs of the old Asur culture.
>>
File: AM I DOING IT RIGHT.jpg (145 KB, 919x810)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>86825187
MUCH BETTER
>>
>>86825525
GW, it's over...
>>
>>86825525
The trog's googly eye neets to be shifted up a tad. right now it's in line with its mouth
>>
>>86825530
I just realized that unironically given the troglodon is an animal a couple of painted on googly eyes would actually be reasonable, given how many animals have eye spots on them
>>
File: sl3AewGclYWP4DzY.jpg (181 KB, 1000x857)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
Is anybody planning to get this?
>>
>>86825607
Depending on if the Skinks are remotely decent in Warcry, I might end up splitting it with a friend for them.
>>
>>86825607
Why tf does GW insist on FUCKING RETARDED armour designs - look how that dude's shoulders are conjoined to his torso - how tf does he move his arms so as to swing his weapon? He literally cannot lift his hammer above his shoulder plates

I get it, "it's fantasy, who gives a fuck" but damn is it such a retarded look - he's not mr fantastic doing some elastagirl shit with the hammer
>>
>>86825659
>Why tf does GW insist on FUCKING RETARDED armour designs
Specifically to trigger your autism.
>>
>>86825661
idk man i didn't know "armour that looks like it works" was a high threshold
>>
>>86825607
I'll by the skinks when they releas them separatly
>>
>>86825607
I like the look of the Jade Obelisk but not so much that I'd get the whole box.
>>
>>86825607
I'd buy the skinks
>>
>>86825607
if there will be renewed models for other factions (like skinks) people gonna buy it.
>>
>>86825607
Yep
>>
Viable to to overlords without the 2 big boats? .. only the small ones, units and maybe some other dwarf units? ..
Or would it be better to go with dinos? Despite the old models
>>
I realized how strange it is that Nighthaunt has no spooky haunted armor unit, I don't care how it'd fit into the army but it gotta be done.
>>
>>86826306
a lot of things are strange about nighthaunts
>>
>>86826306
I can see why Nagash would want a piece of this.
>>
>>86824657
I dunno Skaven seem like a pretty strong option for AoS 4th. They've gone through the bad guy GAs, Chaos then death then Destruction, so back to Chaos would make sense. Skaven are a very popular faction desperately in need of a range refresh.

They could always go with something new, but you gotta admit Skaven would make sense.
>>
>>86825607
nah, I've decided that I need to limit the number of projects I have going. I've got my 40k army almost finished, I've got my Kill Team built and ready to prime, and I'm going to get that BoC SC before it goes out of print to start an AoS army. I need to have at least two of those fully complete before I start a 4th thing.
>>
>>86821254
Self sustaining doesn't mean what you think it means.

Regardless of their physical needs to survive, they are able to do that themselves without outsider help or intervention.
>>
>>86821823
Troggs and Kragnos are pretty decent but everything else ranges from sub par to bad.
>>
>>86826527
Keep dreaming Ben.
>>
>>86821402
Pretty good.
>>
>>86825402
60 years is not old for a house, most of the ones in my area are around that age
>>
What makes the average wargamer like the right (games workshop) but hate or dislike the left (not games workshop)
I just don't see whats so special about gw designs that make people so passionate and so anti non gw models.
>>
>>86826766
>WHY U NO RIKE DE MANTIC
Shit material quality. Wildly varying sculpt quality. Generally awful designs. Mantic is even more fucking retarded than GW when it comes to particular models being on specific mold frames.

If Mantics sculpts had come out in the early 2000's they would've been valid competitors to GW.

For example, for the longest time I was trying to get Mantics Basilean Paladin Defenders as alternatives for a Cities of Sigmar army, counts as phoenix guard/ executioners/ greatswords. Unfortunately, the ONLY way to get 10 of them is to buy the expensive as shit army set with shitloads of models I DO NOT want because they're of extremely poor quality.
>>
>>86826823
Aren't those specific models you listed older and considered some of their worst also the most generic they do? Men at arms from gw are probably cheaper due to market saturation
>>
>>86826766
Between those two, I would say the GW one is superior in the details. The flow of the cloak on the Stormcast has more action to it, you can see how it's bending around his knee and moving at the bottom, either from the wind or because the guy just stopped moving.
On the Stormcast the chestplate ant the icon are given place of prominence, but on the other one the chestplate is covered by the chain and collar, so there's no point of focus on the torso, it's just a lot of stuff.
The left also has details in the wrong places. The filigree on the thigh guards is totally unnecessary, especially since they're largely covered by the tassels.
>>
>>86826766
GW minis are made to be a plesure to paint, people that just buy stuff and never paint wont never know the pain of painting shit sculp
>>
File: rD1h3Da8sIhbgOIe.jpg (175 KB, 1000x991)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
New official stats.
>>
File: Settra_Rules.jpg (371 KB, 1000x1283)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
>>86821007
Soon
>>
>>86826937
actually good video about indicators of game balance.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (118 KB, 720x450)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>86821007
Khorne needs to improve his range of sensory organs.He's all ears.
>>
>>86826766
Any particular reason you chose to make a whole thread for your idiot question?
>>
>>86826996
Like talking about models and design opinions. I know you probably hate miniatures
>>
>>86826937
>Slaanesh at the bottom
What is this,1st ed?
>>
>>86827008
So why spam in multiple places, you dipshit?
>>
>>86824616
I've been playing all games from 2000 up to 14000, and a good approximation is that every doubling in points is about +50% the time.

So if a 2000pt games usually last 4 hours between you and your friends, a 4000pt is 6 hours and a 8000pt is 9 hours.

Not an exact science but it worked when I organize stuff like this.
>>
>>86827027
More conversation. Different people in different places. Why are you mad?
>>
>>86826937
the video is much more informative but i hate charts like these because it gives the implication that the fact an army is fine purely on win %.

If OBR hits the magical 45%, that doesn't mean I'll suddenly find spamming stalkers or their boring ass battle traits to be fun all of a sudden. Or since SBGL is at 50% it means everyone enjoys playing Kastelai and Blood Knight spam. But I suppose the target audience for these videos is for people who just want to find the "best" way to run an army and how well it will do.
>>
>>86827065
Cause you're shitting up threads with an idiot post. If people want to talk about it, they will in one place. Otherwise you just come off as desperate for attention
>>
>>86826766
Because Mantic is an extremely mediocre miniatures company who couldn't manage to come up with a decent wargame in a world where WHFB wasn't around anymore. Their models are shit and people give them a free pass cause retards will call you a GW fanboy if you point out what's bad about *other model company*.
>>
>>86827105
>one post in this thread
>HURRRRRRR YOU ARE RUINJNG MUH THREEEEAAAAD
Lmao, lol even
>>
>>86826896
Ssshhh... You'll trigger the 3d proontfags.
>>
>>86825027
it's expensive, but Dirty Down Rust is foolproof and gives a beatifully real-looking effect in one step
>>
>>86827121
Ben, you do ruin all the threads you are a part of and create.
>>
How you think the new Beasts of Chaos battletome will handle new subfactions considering right now they have 3 not tied to any model type in particular?
I'm expecting 1 for the "Gor" units of all types, a Dragon ogor one, and a monster mash one, alongside the 3 old ones
>>
>>86826766
NOT defending the sc priest as an objectively good mini, it's one of the weaker ones from their new line imo, but the dude you've put it up against looks like he's only a small step up from 90's mutant chronicles miniatures in terms of sculpt, design, and posing. Personally, I love the charm of 90's non-GW miniatures and collect them myself, so I can appreciate the look but it's absolutely very dated
>>
File: tg9512__64247__70477.jpg (28 KB, 532x532)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>86827317
Dude there's absolutely no why you think left is like this in sculpt or posing
>>
Happy Thanksgiving boys.
Anyone got the Tzeentch book scan? I want to read the PtG.
Enjoy your WORLD CUP /NFL while painting.
>>
>>86827331
It's funny you posted this, as I was thinking exactly of the priest sculpts from the brotherhood range (watchman, sacred warriors, cardinal dominic). The sculpt you posted definitely has more details, but that's the general look
>>
>>86827354
No way it has the same look man no offense but that's genuinely deranged to believe they are similar in proportions posing style detail or even style at all
>>
>>86827364
I dunno guy that was my immediate thought. I can see why you and I would be on different planets aesthetically, since you think what you posted is in any way superior to the GW priest (except maybe price?)
>>
>>86827334
here you go my dude
https://files.catbox.moe/gta7pz.pdf
>>
>>86827377
The warzone models look like chibi they are so ultra heroic style and have big but few details on them. The mantic priest is covered in detail has way more realistic proportions.
>>
>>86826766
The biggest difference is the money. You can smell it coming off of the GW model; The relaxed pose, the easy features, the wide spaces and angles. Plastic molds and modeling allow for larger miniatures and being able to cut it up into as many pieces as you want gives an enormous amount of freedom, plus it's definitely a model that's been made using 3d modeling programs first and focus-tested to hell to make sure it reads good.

Meanwhile, the model on the left is restricted, and tight. The details are small and don't make sense all the time, and the pose just looks stifling even though he's supposed to be raising his arm freely. My guess is it's made out of metal, or originally was, and is one or two pieces at best - The arm with the hammer is likely the only extra piece. The whole miniature needs to fit on a smaller 20mm base and all the details need to filter towards that pointy head in order to smoothly pull out of cheaper molds.

the result is a much more readable and legible miniature on the right, as well as a much more paintable miniature for ordinary fans. The ideas on the left miniature are great, but they aren't as defined or complete as the one on the right.
>>
>>86827412
Fair post
>>
>>86825027
I usually use GW Ryza Rust to a level of rust I’m looking for and then go over the entire thing with thinned Agrax Earthshade. Then you can pick out some spots with the original metal color to look worn off or chipped

The citadel dry range is largely bullshit but I like that one in particular because it is a very solid rust color
>>
Help me choose between:
Seraphons,
Mixed dark aelves
Kharadron with a mix of other dwarfs
>>
File: 20221124_011516.jpg (2.49 MB, 8160x6120)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
>>86821645
i built a horrible beastie last night
>>
>>86827496
dark elves
>>
>>86826766
yeah because there's a majority of people declaring their antagonism for random miniatures? lmao dude take your pills
>>
File: 20210607_123109.png (902 KB, 1080x990)
902 KB
902 KB PNG
>>86827496
duardazhal
>>
>>86821871
Why do printfags always think they're gaming the system? We know your models are cheap, they just look like shit.
>>
>>86827893
I feel like Dispossessed and Fyreslayers kind of look okay together, but Kharadron is a bit farther removed from either.
>>
>>86827893
That king model really holds up still!
>>
File: 20221124_164722.jpg (373 KB, 1500x1473)
373 KB
373 KB JPG
has anyone tried a headswap with the bloodpelt?
>>
>>86827929
Is their a viable way to mix dispossessed and fyreslayers?
>>
>>86827935
It's not that much older than the other two in that pic. But it does look very good, I agree.
>>
>>86827961
What an awful fucking sculpt
>>
>>86821645
I've bought a small force of Ironjawz for a Path to Glory campaign focused in a small corner of Ghyran my player group tends to run its campaigns in. They got dumped here via a Realmgate with fuck all resources at their disposals, so they've resorted to pumelling the fyresteel weapons of the local fyreslayers into propa killy shape and wearing ice for amour as they see it as a good defensive measure against Magmadroth breath and lava prayers (it ain't). Picture would be more vivid if I wasn't too retard to take their correctly
>>
>>86827635
what to use as battleline? .. The basic dread/bleak/shards sculpt are showing their age
>>
>>86826937
Wait so new STD still suck?
>>
>>86827963
You can ally them in and Runefathers can take a command trait which enables all duardin units (so Dispossed, Kharadron and Gotrek) to benefit from the Ur-Gold Runes trait. It's nifty stuff, ironbreakers and longbeards pack a mean punch with those added bonuses
>>
>>86827963
The only to got about it is by running either CoS or FS and taking the other side as allies but I'm honestly not sure which is the better way to play a mixed army.
>>
>>86827387
Thanks a bunch my dude.
>>
File: uN18VLkaKLZXDP4C.jpg (57 KB, 600x468)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
I suppose it might be interesting if DoT gets some really tanky cultists.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/24/the-jade-obelisk-are-rock-solid-in-warcry-thanks-to-powerful-abilities-and-stony-sorcery/
>>
>>86825027
If you want "fatly" textured rust, you can always use some Stirland Mud on your metals and drybrush some Ryza Rust on it. If you want "thin" rust, Agrax Earthsade on your metal, then drybrush some Ryza
>>
>>86827986
As long as I can have as few Fyreslayer models as possible, they all look so much alike
>>
>>86827985
Not everyone is using the new book and GW only wants to record the old book stats right now until it's generally released
>>
>>86827387
Thank you great one
>>
>>86828005
Oh ok that is reaasuring.
>>
>>86826937
I play Hedonites and Kruleboyz.
>>
>>86827971
spill something on your brute?
>>
File: view.jpg (22 KB, 279x320)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>86828044
>>
>>86828004
All you need for this specific build is a Runefather, and enough points to fill up to 1600 points of Fyreslayers in your list as you're limited to 400 points of allies.

Thing is, you have no synergies at all allying Fyreslayers into Disposessed
>>
>>86828004
Filtered.
>>
>>86828052
Yeah, Pylar Glacier ?
>>
>>86827973
they're beautiful imo, if you dont like that box or the executioners/black guard box skip the army I guess, or go full dok
>>
>>86827961
honestly kind of shocked that mengel didn't do something about those shoulder joins, would be like another ten minutes for the unit to putty those. great skin tone tho
>>
>>86828138
It might just be their older static poses, and maybe the old large hands. love the rest of the line, like chariots, knights, and monsters
>>
>>86828082
True, might just be better of just running normals dwarfs, or overlords
>>
Can tzeentch lists work without horrors and Lords of change?
>>
Asking if anyone has the new ogor mawtribes. Trying to get a list built so i can get it for christmas
>>
>>86828213
Horrors aren't played right now due to Bounty Hunters.
You probably want a LoC they buff your magic so much
>>
>>86827961
Not in person because it's too much work for such mediocre rules, but I threw this together after 48 days in MS paint
>>
>>86828433
I like the antlers in concept, but the execution is just so fucking bad.
>>
>>86828488

Having built on firsthand it's just not a great model. Weird proportions, goes together in a messy way, doesn't look that good for a new model even on it's own.I think I honestly like the resin Hunter more than the new one.
>>
>>86827971
I'd give my left nut to run a hobby knife on these mould lines.
>>
>>86826937
I'm sure they probably do, but I wonder if they take into account how much krondspine and bounty hunters are skewing their data right now?
>>
Are there any third party models for steeds of Slaanesh?
>>
>>86828891
Is it realy skewing if everyone has the same access to them?
>>
>>86828891
The krondspine nerf is why slaanesh dropped again. It was already inflated higher than it should have been by a lot of people copying anthony trentanelli's list because he won summer slaughter.
>bounty hunters are skewing their data
BH doesn't skew the data, its the current state of the game for the season they made so the point of the ghb22 battlescrolls is to make changes around it specifically. They just did nothing effective to address it the entire cycle. Dismissing it as an anomaly is like ignoring some specific seasonal set in mtg because its going to eventually rotate.
>>
>>86821871
>GW paypiggies consistently have to pretend 3d printed looks worse
It’s funny every time
>>
>>86826937
>kruleboyz up 1%
That -60/80 points doin work. I look forward to 5 months from now when the rest of reds all have shot up from their new 3e books and KB are at 35%.
>>
>>86821871
>>86829244
There is A LOT wrong with that thing
>>
>>86829167
I mean the gsg winrate inexplicably rose 10% after it was added.

The way it skews it is because the best armies don't need it, so it doesn't increase their winrate at all. It's not going to do much for a morathi or teclis list. But the armies that didn't really have a good list like gsg got a big boost by including it. The problem here is that it artificially bolsters their winrate while the tome itself languishes
>>
>>86829327
>It's not going to do much for a morathi
Morathi krondspine was the best list in the game. They intentionally tried to lower gitz and KB points by the same overall amount as they raised incarnate by. They tried to lower slaanesh points as well but they did it on shit no one actually plays.
>>
>>86825190
I started leaning to preferring a red/dark magenta. Light blue underside is interesting. And I'll proabably just end up putting the orange/yellow on his eyes and the bulb things behind them.
>>
Thoughts on my all cavalry gsg list? Usually play 3k narrative with a similar list and just dump all my belongings on the table. Not really used to picking and choosing specific dudes
>>
>>86826838
They're the redesigned versions. Still semi generic, but a step up. Shame you can't get more than 10 of them for buying the 100 quid army box.
>>
>>86821871
Bro I'm pro 3d print (I got a ton of it) but that looks like absolute shit
>>
>>86829530
And people call gw stuff wowshit
>>
>>86825361
it's sculpted by one russian calld IO_BUTOV, but other than that he only did nids. and that fag can't orient his fucking prints.
>>
>>86826766
mantic goblins and ratfolk are nice save the cartoon mounts but that's about it. art style issue
>>
>>86829507
Bro if you are playing narrative who cares
>>
>>86829551
Same people reeeing at "wowshit" have a World of Warcraft subscription
>>
File: AoS_Analysis_Banner.png (529 KB, 1000x600)
529 KB
529 KB PNG
>>86829246
Has anyone actually try spaming mounted killabosses? Someone was hyping up how they have better demage for point than fulminators now and you can just take multiple as a hero mass cavalry unit like some weird Varanguard
>>
How many points are the new minotaur std guys?
Can they benefit from the lurid haze deepstrike to if you run them as coalition troops?
>>
>>86829681
>hero mass cavalry unit
Ridaz o' da Orrukpocalypse
Fund it.
>>
>>86829659
I don't think the same people dogging on wowshit are people who play wowshit but sure anon. Use whatever asspull you need to justify worse looking models
>>
>>86829631
Im sorry you must have misunderstood me anon, I usually play narrative, this list is for my first time playing matched play
>>
File: ToW target demographic.jpg (71 KB, 1643x302)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>86820454
>>
>>86829681
Their damage isn't even close to Fulminators, and most of the reason hammers like that are effective is because of concentration. 3-4 KIllabosses can't all attack at the same time. If heavy cavalry was the answer to KBs problems then big waagh running full KB with goregruntas, which is better than killaboss spam, would be good and it isn't.
>>
>>86829694
no
>>
>>86829849
To be fair he's not quite saying "I would have bought KF if he wasn't squatted"
>>
>>86829897
It's still saying "when tOw releases i might buy Karl, but i don't want to play" leaving you with an obvious question: If karl is still in production and you don't want to use the ruleset what are you even waiting for?
>>
>>86829930
For the same reason people here ask for updated Freeguild, Ghouls etc I suppose.
>>
>Lore says that within his heart, Archaon rages at the injustice of Chaos
Then how do justify spreading Chaos all over the cosmos? He is explicitly the best at it.
>>
File: 1669201503351310.jpg (107 KB, 420x350)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>86829411
I've seen a few DoK 5-0s but none of them had the Incarnate.

Same as the BoC, Nurgle and Seraphon 5-0s. These armies regular units are just as good or better than the Incarnate
>>
>>86830049
Chaos is self detructive. Bringing apocalypsthat kills mortals ends up killing the immaterial demons that reflect thoughs and emotions of mortals. The initial plan was letting Chaos kill itself, or at least weaken enough to not have any influance
>>
>>86830049
he's not a well written character
>>
>>86830049
Because he wants to take it over. He's basically contracted by the Chaos Gods to fight wars for them, but he wants to usurp them in the end. It's why Everchosen pledge to him over the Chaos Gods.
>>
>>86830162
What would be different if Archaon took over?
>>
>>86830057
https://woehammer.com/2022/10/04/top-three-aos-lists-for-the-london-gt/
It was played, do you think it somehow wouldn't have been a strong as hell list or something? The alt version of it before with Gotrek already existed. BoC was running it routinely. Nurgle certainly could have played it instead of belakor and it would also have been ridiculous.
>>
>>86830210
Nothing. He's a pawn of the Chaos gods but thinks he's got free will.
>>
>>86830162
>It's why Everchosen pledge to him over the Chaos Gods.
ok but why was the 8th circle shaken when they found out archaon hated the gods? isn't that what he's been preaching all this time with the path of undivided?
>>
>>86830210
Archaon vision is an "utopia" where no deity medles with mortal affeirs. That' why he doesn't simply ally with Sigmar or Gorkamorka, they must go too
>>
>>86830232
They were loyal to him because they didn't know his end goal is destruction of chaos. They probably expected to just be cool masters of all thing chaotic under the strongest chaos guy.
>>
>>86830228
I hadn't seen it, I felt like it would be a waste, it's so many points on top of Morathi
>>
Will they ever kill off the characters recycled from Fantasy and give us a wholy new roster of heroes? Mannfred needs to fuck off and die already.
>>
>>86830274
Dudes in triple build character plastic kit. He's going nowhere anytime soon.
>>
>>86830310
Fucking coward faggot count, I swear even Konrad was a better vampire.
>>
>>86830274
>Olynder
>Kurdoss
>Reikenor
>Avalarch
>Katakros
>Zandtos
>Vokmortian
>Radukar
>Baladama
>Gorslav
>Torgilius
>Annika
>rat guy
>skeleton guard guy
>Lauka Vei
>underworlds guys if you want to count them
>and that's just the guys with models
They haven't recycled a single Death character since the game's inception and added over a doesen.
>>
Can you run Tzaangors and Slaangors in the same BoC army?
>>
>>86830501
Yes.
>>
>>86830501
If Tzaangors are Gors and Slaangors are Bullgors, will new Pestigors and Khornegors be Ungors and Bestigors?
>>
>>86830396
>>and that's just the guys with models
IIRC the OBR have a few cool ones leading the legions. The Crematorians, the Ivory Host, and the Petrifex Elite all got brief descriptions of their leaders and they sound pretty rad.
>>
>>86830564
Crematorians have some wizard council that tries to extinguish the fire and Ivory has some warrior queen made of beast bones, but who's leading Petrifx?
>>
anyone tried painting ogors green as fat orks?
>>
File: 1663199894906335.jpg (91 KB, 449x401)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>86829244
>my models have a texture quality comparable to a N64 game from the late 90s and that's just fine by me!
>>
>>86830675
geometry quality not texture.
>>
well there’s this now
>>
File: 6dj8nmz3dj121.jpg (123 KB, 780x780)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>86830049
>Then how do justify spreading Chaos all over the cosmos? He is explicitly the best at it.
Shut up dad, that's why!
>>
>>86830622
PF is headed by a cabal of mortisans who eschew individuality. As a result they are only known by the titles associated with their feats or their rank in the mortisan order. At the top sits the Grand Necromystic but there are others like the Thrice-Sculptor and the Sinistral Master.
>>
>>86826937
Hell yeah, I get to literally 5-0 for free with cannons and my army's winrate STILL isn't good. Keep it up BCR players, i'm hoping for more buffs in 4e.
>>
File: 1365664191354.gif (114 KB, 550x400)
114 KB
114 KB GIF
>>86830049
Pro tip: hypocrisy is only a bad thing when other people do it.
>>
>>86830333
>I swear even Konrad was a better vampire
Konrad was the best vampire, pure Saturday morning hijinks for all involved. Like when he installed a zombie emperor and it worked for a bit before he was found out and proceed to leg it AND bring along the now useless zombie emperor... just because.
>>
>>86830742
its still too early to be reflective of ogres 3.0.
>>
>>86830767
Well yeah, there's literally been like 2 tournaments with the new ogre book. Mind you their WR did raise 6% purely off of them, (a 5-0 Underguts win and 2 4-1 Underguts placements definitely helped) I just enjoy ribbing BCR players because my subfaction was worse for so long. Realistically the army is fine of course with some overtuned options.
>>
Someone got a size comparison between new elves, lumeneth, and the dark elves minis like the dreadspears and drakespawns?
>>
>>86830540
sweet
>>
>>86827961
This is the first picture I've been able to find of the new ogor unit next to the old ones and it's exactly what I was afraid of. His head is fucking baby sized compared to every other unit in the book and he looks completely out of place.
>>
>>86830845
>His head is fucking baby sized compared to every other unit
That's why he strapped on the horns, to make his head look bigger
>>
>>86830801
I'm not a fan of the new book overall. It went from Frostlord being the only good thing in it to cannons and frostlord being the only good things. Melee only foot ogres is still weak. Mournfang are still weak. Thundertusk still do nothing. 6 months from now ogres will be underguts mono build, and everyone will consider them an npe shooting/chaff castle army.
>>
File: 1669308482008618.jpg (59 KB, 281x359)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>86830858
A few seconds in paint showing head size comparison. I'm shocked this managed to get all the way to production looking this out of place.
>>
>>86830867
To be fair we were in a literal bottom 5 gitz tier spot for so long that as much as I agree and i'd desperately like for our other stuff to be a bit better (Firebelly and shit like Gorgers/Yhetees come to mind) it's good at least that both subfactions actually have some game now. It's also convenient i've been PLAYING the cannon build since 8e fantasy when having 2 chariot artillery was stupid, and I just bought 2 more when I saw the Trophy rack in our 2e tome so it's a situation of my long time pet army getting buffed.
It's also a complete joke that the everwinter went unchanged, for being such a seemingly important part of half of our lore it's a completely useless nothing army trait.
>>
>>86830901
I think the Firebelly got buffed enough to have a niche place in some builds. If you manage to cast the -1 to hit bubble it could be pretty strong.
>>
Are the Bell of Doom and Vermintide spells worth using, or should I just get WLV off of ebay
>>
>>86826306
look at how long it took for them to get a basic shooting unit
>>
>>86826683
who the fuck are you why do you keep calling random posters "ben"
do you have brain damage
>>
>>86830995
vermintide is playable but you probably won't ever find the points to run it over jaws, horrorghast, sun, and wlv. Bell would be better if an infantry spam build existed for skaven but one currently doesn't.
>>
Why was 8th edition/End Times WHFB bad?
>>
>>86831146
Ask /wfg/.
>>
>>86830501
Not yet, but they stated you could in the next Beasts of Chaos battletome.
>>
>>86831146
-Didn't fix the infantry-Cannon issue since mid-6e
-The lore was more stagnate than 40k
>Settra keep saying he was going to expand the tomb king empire since 4th
>Manfread was back and maybe another vampire war again
>Malekith threaten to invade ulthuan again
>Grimgor wasn't a character but a meme post-ET
>they had no idea what to do with the empire they was thinking to kill of Karl Franz
>Bretonnia is still a big deal threat to the empire despite never really doing any sort of invasion or hostility towards them
>Arhcaon was basically Asavar Khul 2.0
>Dwarf keep fighting over their mountains since 6e with no real progress
-Majority of the models was super old and wonky with the majority of them being so generic that other historical 3rd parties could recreate them & possibly improve of them

then End times happen and that could just be an entire thread
>>
>>86831011
Undead gettign shooting is the exception, not the norm
>>
File: Stormcast-review-01.jpg (190 KB, 1000x828)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>86831146
Noone had big enough pauldrons
>>
>>86831415
I know Dainton did his best but Liberators simply look ass and trying to salvage them is an uphill battle.
>>
File: 1669231762031743.jpg (369 KB, 1181x1600)
369 KB
369 KB JPG
>>86831415
>you call those pauldrons?
>>
>>86831146
Artillery was absolutely oppressive, you had to factor in average roll distance (Unless you played ogre kingdoms with their retarded cannons) but once you played a few games and had a handle on it you would win games purely off of them firing down rows of knights and wiping hundreds of points off the table for free. The high Strength value of the guns not only meant you would wound basically everything on 2's but also their armor save got worse as your strength got higher, by the time you hit 10 they just don't get a save functionally. Any unit it rolls over receives a hit as well, which meant both mount and rider for any kind of centerpiece model prior to ET combining statblocks for characters like Malekith/Karl. So it could fire through your Vamp Lord on Zombie Dragon, immediately kill the dragon by rolling over its foot and the vampire would explode with it if he failed his ward. Cannons also had the possibility on your artillery dice to misfire, which usually just meant they exploded and became unusable for the rest of the game so it's a very feast/famine design and it's not very fun either way.

Spells were way worse. You had a pool of magic dice when you rolled your winds of magic in the magic phase, and you could throw essentially as many of those dice as you wanted at a spell and the higher roll you got on all those dice the better the spell would be based on certain thresholds. The "Danger" of mass throwing dice was SUPPOSED to be that if you rolled doubles you would miscast which could do nothing, heavily damage the wizard and his unit, or even kill the wizard instantly if he got sucked into the warp on the worst result. The problem is miscasting ALSO made a spell completely undispellable and spells back then included "All models in target unit die if I roll higher than your initiative value on a D6" which you can imagine is a problem when your Graveguard are all initiative 1-2 and you'd like to keep that expensive 30 block you paid for.
>>
>>86821871
>not cleaned up
>huge gaps
>rider looks like ass
>not painted (never will be)
I would respect people who prefer to print than buy retail models if they ever actually did something with them other than print them
>>
If GW do not bring Fimir back on to Forgeworld I will have no choice but to become a fimir by covering myself in woad before raping and impregnating every single employee and Warhammer HQ.
>>
>>86831246
They should've had a campaign with a villain besides Vampire counts or chaos. Hell they were struggling to get Ogre Kingdoms involved, maybe a story where they cross the Darklands and invade the empire.
>>
>>86831981
they already did that with Grom (and Azhag the Slaughterer) and that was just the backstory for how he ended up in Ulthuan

the empire was only good for being invaded, the major flaw with fantasy is due to how land lock the setting was there was no way any of the major factions would lose any sort of land only suffering major defeats before said the invading army needed to leave due to how the status quo must be maintained
>>
>>86821043
>priest magic users
They aren't magic users, retard.
>>
>>86821871
That looks like fucking shit. Printfags are fucking retards. Not because they print, but because they print shit and then pretend it isn't shit. Where is FlorkAnon's printer Chorf comic?
>>
>>86831950
1. Fimir were the personal baby of Bligh, who died (RIP)
2. FW doesn't do mainline game stuff any more. Everything it does do is basically just because it sells enough. They won't be making new stuff and they have removed and keep removing other stuff.
3. GW has cleansed every single bit of fluff and model in the range (and the stuff they haven't, they eventually will) to remove any possibility of mentioning sex. Especially rape (see Beastmen and Slaanesh) therefore the thing that Fimir are known for (rape) wouldn't exist. Fimirs' fluff outside of rape is so irrelevant and boring that if rape is removed I have no idea what people would see in it.
>>
>>86832406
>Fimirs' fluff outside of rape is so irrelevant and boring that if rape is removed I have no idea what people would see in it.
The thing is, the fimir rape was always in a vague 'they carry them off and make more fimir' kind of way. It would not be hard to refluff that as 'they do a dark ritual in the mists and sacrifice the captive to create another fimir'. Make it dark magic rather than monstrous dicking and you've got a palatable but still evil villain race.
>>
>>86832434
Don't bother with him, it's just the rape-obsessed Fimir poster that got BTFO when KB got announced.
>>
>>86832446
>guy says they've removed anything offensive
>he's the rape obsessed guy
>>
>>86832434
My point is the rest of their fluff isn't anything to write home about and would need to be radically changed or expanded and Bligh was the only guy interested in them.

>>86832446
What the fuck are you on about you actual schizo? I'm explaining to this guy that GW isn't going to put a pet faction into a game where their main gimmick is 'le rape faction xD' and that's the only shit people know or like about them. Just fuck off and seek help with your schizophrenia.
>>
>>86832406
You do know that they can write new fluff right?
Like legitimately every time I see this argument about fimir's fluff I get the impression that the person writing it literally doesn't think new fluff for stuff can be written. It boggles the mind.
>>86832434
Evidently the rapey stuff was literally an accidental inclusion, since it was supposed to harken back to how celtic tribes in britian would exchange people back in the day and the writer just figured people would know about that bit of history. The point is they could keep the kidnapping angle and just.... make it something else entirely. Sacrifices (even though they're destruction aligned now so that'd be a bit odd) or maybe they're just old fashioned slavers and have the people they capture work in the mines or something. There's a dozen ways you can scrub that bit of their lore off.
>>
File: 20221124_214908.jpg (1.65 MB, 4000x2252)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
Christ, forgive me.
>>
>>86831471
adrian was like a wildman with the pauldrons in the late 90s, almost totally depraved
>>
do you have a beginner/turbo-retard guide to getting started collecting skaven?
>>
>>86833233
Purchase Start Collecting: Skaven
>>
>>86833233
DO NOT purchase Start Collecting: Skaven
>>
File: 1661560341299165.jpg (65 KB, 604x486)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>86833201
God damn, that shit would make world of warcraft blush.
>>
>>86833268
people would cry and ask him to stop and tell him it was too much, and he would just laugh and paint them bigger
>>
File: 1638521160955.png (609 KB, 580x750)
609 KB
609 KB PNG
>>86833292
BIGGER
>>
>>86833233
get the battleforce that's coming out, it has like 1400 points worth of rats and will set you up nicely for bodies so that you can focus on toys thereafter.
>>
>>86831522
Yeah I never got why they included so many spells like Purple Sun or Pit of Shades when they affected armies so inequally. Even the buff spells were far superior to buffs you could get by other means.
>>
>>86829411
The problem is that the design of both makes them impossible to kill in one turn. 40k went in for these 'max x wounds in a single phase' in a big way this edition and we got Morathi on the back of that. Thankfully they seem to be moving away from arbitrary wound limits as a compensation for damage being out of control.
>>
File: file.png (394 KB, 409x680)
394 KB
394 KB PNG
2024 bros. He'll be back for the 25th anniversary of Trollslayer, just in time for the Cities of Sigmar line.
Let a man dream.
>>
>>86833911
I think there's a poetic sadness to Gotrek surviving him.
>>
>>86833923
I'll concede to that factor. But I miss the chemistry. Still I generally doubt he'll stay gone forever, although it's only been about 4 years so far with him gone. So maybe they'll hold out a while more before his possible return.
>>
File: selling fast.png (326 KB, 792x390)
326 KB
326 KB PNG
>selling fast
>>
>>86832835
What, you're gonna fap to blightkings?
>>
are undivided Daemon Princes a part of the fluff again
>>
>>86833942

I'd rather have him and other WHFB characters stay dead.
>>
>>86834017
Well unfortunately, the AoS stuff likes to imply he isn't dead.
>>
>>86834013
Ye
>>
>>86833962
Why was it so unsuccessful? I know GW doesn't release sales figures but two stores I know still have a few boxes that look like they'll be here forever. Did it sell normally but they just printed too many of them?
>>
>>86834324
According to one of their shareholder reports, dominion apparently sold better than expected, so I'm guessing that it's a combination of GW overproducing (Likely deliberately) and dominion being the launch of the anti-scalper system on their webstore
>>
>>86834473
>According to one of their shareholder reports, dominion apparently sold better than expected
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>86834486
It's actually not that unbelievable if they said it on one of those given they could get in deep shit if they're caught lying on one of them. GW may be a bunch of moneygrubbing scumbags, but they don't fuck around with the law.
>>
>>86834324
well, it reflects the expectations of the 40k release and Soul Wars' sales across 2e's duration I guess
>>
>>86834473
It's contradictory. If it sold better than expected then why would they have unsold inventory? GW doesn't normally do discounts because they don't want to create expectations and cheapen the brand.
>>
>>86834601
they don't, third party retailers do
>>
>>86834585
IIRC it outsold Soul Wars. They called it their best selling launch box to date. At least that's what the shareholder report said. The problem seems to have been overproduction as a result of Indomitus running out so quickly.
>>
>>86834543
Lying would be fudging hard numbers. General commentary like "range XYZ performed well" is less stringent.
>>
>>86834324
The actual faction releas happened over 3 months later. They just shiped boxes with no real rules and wasted all the hype. Imagin if dragons and sludgeraker released with it and people were able to make thunderstrike/kruleboy subfaction actually playable instead of having whole summer of starter set with no expansion
>>86834473
The wording was closer to "one of the best fantasy launches", not "better than expected". They might have expected 40k numbers, but sold less than that, which was still head and shoulders above the norm for non-40k
>>
>>86834632
They had a discount last year for Warhammer day iirc. And in any case the discounts are here because retailers are sitting on unsold boxes that they want to clear.
>>
>>86834659
retailers don't really matter, I've seen whfb battalion boxes in stores. local communities aren't indicative of anything
>>
>>86834657
There's still structural problems with the actual set dragging it down. Annihilators just aren't the Stormcast Terminators they want to be to really sell the box, unit of 3 boring helmets, boring poses. Kruleboys have too much infantry and no elites. There's no cavalry at all in the box, or flying units, or really anything visually distinct to break up the flood of foot infantry besides the center piece heroes and draw your interest. Yndrasta has a lame pose, just standing there casually, mogged to oblivion by St Celestine with her model straight out of her awesome art piece.
>>
New gate
>>86834703
>>86834703
>>86834703
>>
>>86828649
Don't see em on the Flamekeeper, but I agree that the brute could have used more work. The whole kit is mold-line city and Ardboyz are even fucking worse... Only kit that's even shittier than them is basic ghouls, from what I recall

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.