[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: YOU CAN(NOT) RE-ROLL.jpg (119 KB, 689x726)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
/bgg/ Board Games General: individually packaged trauma not included

Previous thread: >>86796113

The pastebin: https://pastebin.com/h8Tz2ze8

Top nine generator: https://www.pubmeeple.com/top-nine

/bgg/ Top nine autism summary: https://pastebin.com/Pj4N7pPP

>TQ
The worst components possible: which game has it?

What design or mechanic makes you recoil in disgust?

How do you deal with game boxes that cant hold all of their components?
>>
>>86818621
First for TI4 sucks
>>
>>86818621
Second for Wingspan is a below average game.
>>
File: my enormous pinus.png (536 KB, 1054x835)
536 KB
536 KB PNG
Whenever life gets you down, keeps you wearing a frown,
And the gravy train has left you behind
And when you're all out of hope, down at the end of your rope,
And nobody's there to throw you a line

If you ever get so low that you don't know which way to go
Come on and take a walk in my shoes
Never worry 'bout a thing, got the world on a string
Cause I've got the cure for all of my blues.

I take a look at my enormous pinus
And my troubles start-a melting away
And the happy times are coming to stay.

I gotta sing and I dance, when I glance at my plants
And the feeling's like a sunshiney day
And everything is going my way.
>>
>>86818621
>The worst components possible: which game has it?
Weird question. Perhaps some of the early Sierra Madre games? Obviously I don't own any of them so I can't say for sure. Out of the games that I have owned, its probably my mayfair edition of tigris & euphrates. great game though.
>What design or mechanic makes you recoil in disgust?
worker placement. almost all worker placement games are boring as hell, with no meaningful player interaction. i have not tried some of the classics yet, like bus. bus is the only worker placement game that interests me in the slightest currently.
>How do you deal with game boxes that cant hold all of their components?
not really an issue for me. closest is probably sidereal confluence, but that's probably b/c i tried to shove a GMT counter tray in the box to sort out the cubes. i doubt there'll even be table space to put the counter trays on the table when i do play sidereal again lmao.
>>
Thinking about asking my folks for a nice bag to transport my board games in. Anyone have recommendations for good bags?
>>
>>86819063
Boardgametables premium bag is nice.
>>
>>86819019
Play Argent the Consortium
>>
>>86819019
as other anon said, if your problem with worker placement is the fact itthey don't have player interaction then you need Argent in your life.
>>
File: 1511230204826.webm (1.19 MB, 720x404)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB WEBM
>>86818621
>>TQ
A box *way* bigger than needed, designed to hold a lot of kickstarter exclusive shit but useless for retail buyers. Empyreal was the game that broke the camel's back for me
Point salad games. I'm fine with a few distinct ways of scoring and giving players freedom, but the moment you enter point salad zone I'm out.
Haven't had the issue yet, thankfully. FUCK boxes that don't fit the sleeved cards, though. I had to get rid of the very nice insert from both Undaunted games

>>86819019
Have you tried lockup? I felt the same way about worker placement before, but that game had a bluffing element to it and it made me see it in a different light.
>>
Vegas showdown'board is made of toilet paper, its insulting

Hanabi style hand, where you cant see yours but others. I hate it

I get a bigger box, spraypaint it and decorate accordingly. Looking at you CE
>>
>>86819063
Just take large IKEA bag. It's probably 1/100th of the price of a dedicated boardgame backpack and you can actually fit more than 5 boxes into it if needed. Especially if you are only carrying the stuff from car to house and vice versa. No idea how the boardgame acessoire industry managed to make people think boardgames are fragile objects.
>>
File: file.png (94 KB, 377x407)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>
>>
>>86818621
Has anyone here played Heroes of Might & Magic 3: The Board Game? Is it any good? Im kinda sad you have to buy expacs dlc factions
>>
File: 1669239324231.jpg (3.54 MB, 2312x2404)
3.54 MB
3.54 MB JPG
Imagine being a baglet in 2022.
Lmao.
>>
>>86818621
I don't know what I'd say for all time worst, but the worst of those I own has to be the tiny ass pieces of GF9 Dune. I'm willing to accept a larger table footprint if it means a larger board and larger soldiers and spice -- Rex did it, you can do it.

Roll to move is the easy answer, so I will instead say that any game that wants me to look up story segments in a book multiple times in one sitting can go get fucked unless it's Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective.

Figure out what the largest troublemaking components are, remove those, find alternative means of storing them -- a bag, a box, whatever.
>>
Darkest dungeon coming today or tomorrow if I’m lucky.

Anons who have received theirs found any issues?
Looking forward to painting up an army of miniatures to use in everything.

Pic is some guys I bought of etsy years back- will be great to use some of them in things other than mordheim/dnd
>>
>>86820190
>THOUGH LONG YEARS MAY SEEK TO SEPARATE THEM
>ACTION AND CONSEQUENCE WILL
>INVARIABLY
>HAVE THEIR DREADFUL REUNION
Is there really a point in playing DD without the narrator?
>>
>>86820154
Root is good for 2 people?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (350 KB, 688x794)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
>>86820184
>Roll to move is the easy answer
What about roll to write?
>>
>>86820119
Stop asking about this and elden ring every thread, both will be shit. End of discussion. The only reason to purchase either is if you want to paint the minis.
>>
>>86820345
It's playable at 2 but is much better with 4+.
>>
>>86820345
It's only """"good"""" if you use Hirelings and only if you get a good combination of red factions. Something that confuses me about the Marauder expansion is that they deliberately tested and balance the LoTH and the KiI by playing 1v1s against each other, but in play they are super one sided in favor of the rats. It's probably a "which hirelings are in play balance it" kinda deal, probably Cat Hirelings are a MUST in 2-player games.
>>
>>
File: file.png (315 KB, 500x500)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
This game is super comfy on the lower levels.

It's obvious from the rules that the designers just slapped co-op and traitor modes onto their solitaire game to sell extra copies, but I still love it.
>>
>>86818881
If i see it in TTS workshop, I'll convert it to printable myself probably.
>>
File: 1537409053667.jpg (33 KB, 600x588)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>GMT shipped my FitL right before they went off for Thanksgiving
I hope they all have a wonderful time glowing together at the dinner table tomorrow.
>>
>>86820854
>63$
>for a zombie defender game
i know alot of people rave about this being THE zombie game, but I just don't see the hype
>>
I have become buddies with a dude that has a full COIN collection all of them are still in shrink wrap . How do I proceed in this situation?
>>
>>86821333
>$X
>for a game
> (°□°)︵ ━
Ftfy
>>
>>86821381
Open that shit, at the very least you 2 can play Colonial Twilight and enjoy some good old fashioned ethnic cleansing.
>>
File: 1667506927413252.jpg (228 KB, 800x800)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>86821381
You make his dreams come true
>>86821325
See, we are all going to make it
>>
>>86821404
Oh shit I forgot there was a 2p COIN. Motherfucker also has Twilight Struggle, Imperial Struggle, 1960 and probably a few more.
>>
File: 1667151016518643.gif (2.95 MB, 480x270)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB GIF
>>86821454
What on earth are you waiting for?!
>>
>>86820670
What exactly are hirelings?
>>
>>86821474
To meet up with him without the peanut gallery.
>>
File: 1666979055508823.jpg (43 KB, 500x500)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>86821563
Take them out.
>>
>>86821454
Does he have Combat Commander?
>>
>>86821600
I will see how I can make it look like an accident.
>>86821644
I will ask him the next time we meet. If we are able to grok things like TS and IS, do you think we will have trouble learning CC?
>>
Does anyone have all the pawn printout books? Everywhere I've checked has a imcomplete collection of them
>>
File: 1659968523365.png (509 KB, 640x480)
509 KB
509 KB PNG
>>86821554
>What exactly are hirelings?
They are mini factions that populate the map and that you can hire in order to do extra stuff during your turn, help towards ruling or they just give cool faction-related abilities when demoted, For Example
>Marquise de Cat Hirelings are the Forest Patrol (Normal Side) and the Feline Physicians (Demoted Side)
>Forest Patrol setup puts the 12 forest patrol warriors in each clearing at the start of the game, and when you hire them you are able to use the actions described in their card, which in this case is to Move and Battle
>Feline Physicians are a passive ability that let you use a pseudo Field Hospital but for your own faction.
You probably see why they are an important addition to 2-3 players and even 4-6 players.
>>
>>86821722
>If we are able to grok things like TS and IS, do you think we will have trouble learning CC?
No. I'd put CC's complexity around IS level but its helped along by a stellar rulebook
>>
>>86818621
I dunno, most games I've played have pretty nice components... Terraforming Mars' flimsy player mats annoy me, though.
Anything that takes away player agency. I won't play a game that plays itself to the point where you feel your decisions don't matter.
With very few exceptions -like post-assembly miniatures games- if the game fit inside the box out of the factory, it will fit inside the box after you open it. This is rarely an issue until after sleeving cards and adding expansions.
>>
>>86820369
>What about roll to write?
I fucking love Boggle.
>>
>>86821788
Interesting.
So when you hire them you only control their pieces for that turn? Is there a cost to hiring?
>>
File: ph1225-5-3d_box_comp-web.png (1.15 MB, 813x1143)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
Oh. Oh my.
>>
File: card_spread.png (826 KB, 1055x530)
826 KB
826 KB PNG
>>86822076
Boss battling coop mode but with new cards that can be used for the usual 1v1 and competitive.
I am oddly okay with this.
>>
File: coal_cards.png (663 KB, 921x470)
663 KB
663 KB PNG
>>86822097
>>86822076
And alt unique cards for Phoenix born.
Damn it plaid hat you got me again
>>
File: yospyn207013806529861.jpg (461 KB, 1484x990)
461 KB
461 KB JPG
>>86821722
>I will see how I can make it look like an accident.
make me proud, son
>>
>>86819763
Some boardgame boxes are pretty fucking awful from a structural perspective. Betrayal 3e is a pretty awful step down in component quality across the board and the box being weak as hell is part of it.
Most boxes are fine and having a secure transport to keep them from getting banged up during transport isn’t a bad on the surface, however, the bags are too small for big games which might be rare and/or expensive and are pretty heavily geared to normie shit like Catan or Wingspan that nobody should worry about taking care of because they are so easily replaced.

So, yeah, I agree they are dumb.
>>
File: 1665961258517.png (1.04 MB, 1241x749)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>86822063
They "unlock" for the first player that reaches 4, 8 and 12VP and they roll a die to see for how many turns they get them, first players get less turns (max 2 turns) while non-first can have much more with them (up to 4). After that time runs out the hireling controller must give them to another player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz6YDL3oVo
>>
Compare Pax Ren to Oath for me
>>
>>86822481
Very different games with very different goals and arguments
>>
Oh Snap! is really bad in this regard. Board is liable to break after a few rounds.

Mousetrap. All of it.

Ziploc bag.
>>
File: kP0wA7f.png (220 KB, 1154x553)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
Has the time cum?
>>
>>86822570
Yes that's a great deal on a great game. Pick up El Alamien as well, the changes it makes to Barbarossa's scoring system are all terrible but it can be used with Barbarossa and gives Barbarossa the needed variety in the cards to stop you from getting burned out on the game.
>>
>>86822481
they are both board games.
That's pretty much it.
>>
>>86822481
One is an apple, the other is a gecko.
>>
>>86822710
Bad analogy; both are carbon-based life forms
>>
>>86822745
How about a sculpted granite apple?
>>
If anyone is interested,
>>>/vm/760848
>>
>>86823027
We have afghan board gamers?
>>
File: tf3 cart.jpg (117 KB, 1440x933)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
Hey Bullet<3 frens, do you actually care about shmups at all or is it just waifuism? If I make an R-type, Ikaruga, Thunder Force, DDP, Raiden, or Strikers 1945 shmup board game is that potentially interesting to you?

If so, what are your highest hopes for a game like that?
>>
>>86823092
No? I mean, I could theoretically understand ho someone could make a game on that premise, but I'd still lack the merest trace of interest and if I ever played it, it'd be on the mechanics recommendation alone.
>>
>>86823123
>it'd be on the mechanics recommendation alone.

Fast-paced asymmetric area control game with big levers?
>>
>>86820184
Dune is perfect if you bling it up. easy 3D printing for little colored plastic disks to insert the troop tokens into
then just get some cosmic frog oomph gems in an amber color, two sizes for 1x and 5x spice
>>
>>86822612
Anime tiddy art or historical photo version?

Also Jesus, I can't hit their 75$ free shipping threshold since all they have on the site is the two games, boxes, and playmats but shipping is $20. Reeeeee
>>
>>86823175
Sounds interesting, but what does this have to do with shooter vidyas?
>>
>>86818621
Pax Ren. Just the cheapest cards with horrendous graphic design, leftover pieces from unsold chess sets, generic wooden cubes and the worst plastic coins I have ever seen.
Worker placement combined with deckbuilding. All these new euros do this and they all play the fucking same. What's the point of deckbuilding when you play 4 hands during the entire fucking game. It's there just because it's a popular buzzword.
Never had that problem? Games tend to fit in the box they came with... If it's because of an expansion then I just keep it in two boxes. Had to do this with the new sidereal expansion.
>>
Anyone have a good list of two-player board games for couples?
>>
File: great.gif (2.38 MB, 480x351)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB GIF
>>86818621
The worst cards: Tsukuyumi Full Moon Down 2nd edition by Grey Fox Games.
The worst everything else: Terraforming Mars.
Roll to Move.
Roll and Write.
Dexterity games.
I make my own by buying cheap empty boxes from All Aboard Games, Rails on Board and Spielematerial.
Print the front and back cover onto some sticker paper and voila.
>>
>>86820345
Root isn't good at all.
>>
>>86822481
pax ren is about manipulating things from the shadown and trying to have more influence on the world than your opponents
oath is about manipulating things by being there and doing actions directly, and trying to have more shit under your direct control
>>
>>86824490
tiddy art, always tiddy art.
the gameplay is good but historical photos are boring
>>
>>86822097
I'm super hyped for this! I only have one buddy to play Ashes against, but with coop I can tempt the gf as well
>>
>>86821336
Posting in new thread tomorrow (now today) to remind you that you wanted to share photos of Sidereal Confluence Bifurcation faction rule sheets for the very unfortunate anons in this thread who can't get their hands on the game or the expansion and thus have to PNP them
>>
>>86824813
Scrabble
>>
>>86823092
The only other person I know that plays Bullet would absolutely play anything like those.
>>
>>86824813
What kind of couple?
Couple of retards or a couple of people who actually know board game terminology and is capable of 3+ weight games?
>>
>>86825191
Thanks for the reminder, i'm writing it down and will post pics in about 8 hours when I get home from work.
>>
File: linen finish.jpg (88 KB, 420x360)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>86818621
it's hard to tell, but I'd probably say classic hasbro games cheap out on everything, expecially on cards. cards in board games should be always on linen finish like picrel, everything else is not acceptable.
that said, I'm a bit frustrated about high frontier 4 all's tokens which are sub-par with the rest of the game.
i like every mechanic desu, if used correctly. what makes me recoil in disgust is when the game tries too much to balance everything at the point where everything feels the same and the gameplay becomes bland and not thrilling at all
i try my best to make it all fit or store parts in a different box while it makes me profoundly hate the developers and the publishers.
what really drives me insane is when they use shit-tier cards and you have to sleeve them, but then they no longer fit in the tray or in the box
>>
File: Ash_Passimian_disguise.png (1.03 MB, 1280x720)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
Fag who asked about bullet last thread.
One anon talked about preferring tts to physical, is the setup teardown that bad?
Also if i do get hullet should i get both ones that are on sale for 50 total?
>>
just bought import export, what do you anons think about it?
>>
>>86825455
Same fag that was talking about TTS, for me it's not the setup but the moment to moment of gameplay. Being able to let the script place the bullet for me with a click is miles easier than pulling the bullet out, looking at it, figuring out where to place it and how far away. Or atleast that's what i believe, because i've never played it in physical yet
>>
Do you guys actually like board games or do you feel like you're just falling for the hype of it all?
>>
>>86825553
i played pax ren yesterday and liked it (lost once won once) so i don't think i'm falling for the hype
>>
Is El Grande really that good? Looks to me like it's super similar to The King Is Dead which I found fine but not very exciting. Or what else would you compare it to? I have area control games like Inis and Kemet which I love and War of Whispers which was again not that exciting and I'm not sure I'll like El Grande.
>>
>>86825553
I have legitimate fun playing light-weight games with my family. My parents, brother and I are all extremely competitive. My wife is very non-confrontational but get her in a game and she's a different beast. I can play mid-weight with my brother but the reality is nobody I know wants to sit and play a 4X or COIN game for hours. Even if I want to play them, sometimes you have to settle for the small things and find enjoyment in them.
>>
>>86825605
It's old-fashioned. Probably not your kind of game. My group loves Inis but thought El Grande was a bore.
I love it for it's aesthetics and simple but chaotic gameplay, but I think others would find it to be a basic bitch game.
>>
>>86823092
>shmups
I dont really like the 1CC bullet hell autism of most shmups. The ones that are more chill and just lets you fly around and shoot stuff without everything being an instant kill are fun though.

bullet<3 doesnt really feel like a shmup though. more like a tetris style action puzzler
>>
>>86825532
but thats half the game. The frantic violation of the bag as you fish for the last bullet, blind panic setting in as you hold it upside down adn cant read the number, and then trying to figure out if you can kill it
>>
File: file.png (364 KB, 445x445)
364 KB
364 KB PNG
Anyone played Crescent Moon?
It looks like Root, but good.
Shitton of interactions, asymmetric actions, lots of negotiations.
only cons i see is that it's pricey and kinda short? (only 12 actions)
>>
>>86825553
I play 3 evenings per week. I dont buy kickstarter garbage and dont have any games in plastic wrap. I also have fun.

Sometimes I try to play boardgames with my parents but they cant handle anything heavier than a 1.5 weight game.
>>
>>86825553
I've played board games all my life, before KS and all the hyped games. Because they're fun. Even some of the KS games are fun (and for some games it's been a bargain, I got all the Terraforming Mars stuff in a KS because (1) I knew they'd be fun because i'd played it and (2) because I have patience and don't shit myself if something doesn't arrive immediately or if there is a delay).
>>
Why are you all falling for /v/-tier bait
>>
>>86825461
I haven't played either but consensus is that you should've PNPd GTR instead
>>
>>86825553
Would be a bit weird to have played board games since 2007 and have only ever chased the hype. I am happy with the games I have, excited for some games coming down the pipeline, and disappointed at the games I own that don't get enough love. Overall I'm having fun and enjoying the company of my friends and family. At the same time, I can only dictate how the hobby should be experienced for myself. Someone wants to back and preorder every hot game, engage in excited community discussion, then drop it/sell it and move on, and that is what makes them happy, none of my business. Then again, I am fortunate enough to dictate on my terms the gaming environment, as I am the host and the main purchaser, which not all anons have agency over.
but if you think my favorite game is bad I will ree at you with the intensity of a thousand suns
>>
File: 1647270566381.jpg (211 KB, 1518x1416)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>86820190
make sure to post when you get it anon
im interested in this one
>>
>>86820345
I would say:no. You will miss out on the interesting politics and interactions. Bots make the experience okay at best. I have not tried the hirelings, but in my opinion, you really want to have at least 3 players to bring out the cool side of the game
>>
>>86826099
i already have enough of a panic trying to fit as many patterns together as i can, i don't need any more
>>
>>86820119
>Has anyone here played Heroes of Might & Magic 3
You mean the game that hasn't even been produced and sold retail yet? Yeah, totally. Everyone here has played it to death and moved on already. Are you some sort of poor-fag?
>>
>>86825461
Man, i should really ask my friend to bring it so we can learn and play for the first time.
He's only owned it for like two years.
>>
>>86820854
Definitely enjoy this one too Anon. I've still had fun playing it co-op since you get to give the other player shit when they're not holding their part of town.

>>86821333
> There's a thing I don't like...
And? I'm fine with the idea of others not liking things I do. There are plenty of objectively well designed games that just don't appeal to me.

What I enjoy about Dawn of the Zeds it that one can pick their own complexity level by adding or leaving out various expansions and advanced rules. The game has a lot of replay value for me without being a total 'RNG-fest'
>>
>>86821474
> Someone needs to work on their stencil spacing...
Ruined!
>>
>>86821333
joke's on you, i'm playing on TTS
>>
File: sidereal jewfluence.jpg (155 KB, 596x600)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>86825426
bless your soul anon
may your trades be many, and your penalties few
>>
File: 1658247156827.png (861 KB, 640x853)
861 KB
861 KB PNG
Finally got 2 player Imperium down to 100 odd minutes. Maybe from playing solo enough or maybe my competitor is finally catching on despite changing nations up every scant time we do play it
It's got such a nice game groove it's a shame scoring doesn't feel nearly as rewarding as it should be
>>
>>86827134
This thing is on sale at my flgs, can you give me a quick rundown? A friend told me the endgame is awful
>>
>>86825369
Anything good we’ll give a try, she’s new but I’m more experienced with complicated stuff, hopefully it works out
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>86827134
>It's got such a nice game groove it's a shame scoring doesn't feel nearly as rewarding as it should be
Interesting notion, what games have scoring or victory that feel well earned? I can think of examples where it feels lacklustre (getting that final point from crafting an item in Root is a classic example anons mention) but not many where you feel particularly triumphant. But Im also not usually reflecting on victory mechanisms through this lens.
>>
>>86827200
>what games have scoring or victory that feel well earned?
games with lower scores, usually. Res arcana and dale of merchants come to mind
>>
>>86825461
It's criminally underrated and better than GttR in every way. It's less swingy and luck driven than GttR due to the shipping mechanic. My only suggestion is to look for the old version that has the 2 and 10 cubes rather than the new version with the cardboard colored cubes - the cardboard cubes are nigh useless.
>>
>>86826141
>It looks like Root, but good
lol
lmao even
>>
>>86820190
Received mine already and so far found no misprints or missing components. Halfway through my first campaign and I really like it. Once I finish the campaign I'll focus on painting the minis. Which look absolutely great btw.
>>
>>86827151
NTA but the main issue with the scoring is there are a lot of cards where the scoring condition is “earn one VP per *arbitrary number* of resource/card type/keyword/etc.. you have.”
You do a lot of counting. Other than that the endgame is fine as long as your players aren’t retards rushing for Fame cards and end the game too early.
>>
>>86820854
>Refugees bring in disease and dangerously strain your resources
problematic chud game
>>
>>86826141
isn't it just Dune but worse?
>>
>>86827527
>laughs in Meltwater
>>
>>86822097
cuckpetitive cucks bow down to the co-op kings once again
>>
>>86827544
it's not problematic if nobody plays it :)
>>
File: 1643594353163.png (1.66 MB, 1875x985)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
>>86827151
It's like a weird hybrid between tableau and deckbuilding. You have an upgrade deck you're trying to build into by cycling the main deck as fast as possible, in part by placing cards into (and a lot of times, underneath) your tableau. But the tableau is constantly chipped away (mostly to get powerful actions) and you're always buying stuff from the store, so your deck naturally bloats back up creating a real nice sense of tension.
And I think it hits that nice sense of flow deckbuilders have, not being reductive where you feel like you're spinning your wheels going nowhere, while at the same time not devolving into complete snowballing since it is easily a 90-120 minute game (if not 3 hours the first few plays)

At least, no snowballing until the scoring that is. That's when you count up absolutely everything you earned, which should be exciting, until you get a dozen of cards that conditionally scored and you're having to scribble it down only to realize your forgot about one card, now that changes 3 different scores on a few cards. Yeah, it's a mess.
It's not awful, awful (and there's a pretty good OCR app that can handle it) but when the game has enough fuzz b/w asymmetric nations, there are some games you will have no clue who won until you count up the 30 some cards. Which can kind of kill the climax after playing 2 hrs.
On the flipside there's a new sequel/expansion coming out with an official quickplay variant so that might alleviate a lot of problems I have with the game
also I'm not the Imperium obsessed anon who lurks around here, just you wait until he comes out
>>
>>86827552
>>86827544
Can't be problematic if it was designed by a hypermilitant LBTQ'er.
>>
>>86827151
it's a pretty good and pretty thematic deckbuilder. nations play differently and have different levels of complexity. will probably take you a couple of games until you start enjoying it. has a fantastic solo mode.
>>
>>86827200
Hmm that's a fair point. I think it's a bit hazy in Imperium simply because it's a (somewhat) hidden count until the very end. Not a bad design choice, but definitely creates weird expectations compared to a visible score tracker.
If there's any that felt earned I suppose it's the ones that trigger/are triggered by a race condition e.g. RftG's first person to take up all the vp chips or put down the 12th card. Because even if you do end up losing, you felt like you had agency on it when you could clearly count up the scores at any point.
Or maybe it's just Lehmann scoring like >>86827219 mentions that I like
>>
>>86827454
Yeah i know.
Some might think that root is unrepairable since it's so bad but some people are trying.
>>86827543
kinda?
>>
File: idiots.png (380 KB, 450x858)
380 KB
380 KB PNG
>>86826141
>>86827454
>>86827543
a handy guide
>>
>>86827996
wheres TI4?
>>
File: 1583594516513.png (627 KB, 738x466)
627 KB
627 KB PNG
>group keeps asking for more guards of atlantis II
>awkward game to table on the main Saturday game night, have to schedule separately
>round up five others for a 3v3 next week
>people that dislike gaming after work will join
>get text from brother in law
>Is there a resource online somewhere where I read up on the guards of atlantis characters so that I pick one before Tuesday instead of wasting time on game day?
>hes never done in the decade and dozens of games hes been playing with us.
Have I died and gone to heaven?
>>
>>86827996
Thanks, this is exactly what i needed.
>>
>>86828007
In the trash, where it belongs
>>
>>86826489
>dont need anymore panic
Guess what nigger? You sold the game to me, my bros and I love pressure. How "complex" would you consider the game to be, like puzzle wise and shit.
>>
thankful for you all today
>>
>>86828590
wheres TI4?
>>
>>86828482
Depends on the characters you use, but generally Heart is less complex while Star is more complex, and Orange is half inbetween other half as complex as heart.
>>
>>86828628
Thanks. Orange and star is on sale so ill be getting those.
>>
>>86828590
>>86827996
Not to be a party pooper, but honestly I feel like root shouldn't even be in the same category as the other games there. Crescent Moon has more chaos in the old world DNA than Root DNA. Not that it saves it from being a bad game, though. I really dodged a bullet by trying it a few times before buying.
>>
>>86826141
The few anons that played it had a good point about it being similar to the Dune economy whilst being far more constricted - one role decides the success of another role, so you can't really directly interact with most players; all in all the interwoven economy between players didn't seem to work.
Of course, that's just me repeating what another anon said.
>>
>>86828015
Where the hell did you all get the game, I refuse to believe more than 3 anons here actually KS'ed it
>>
>>86828863
>Where the hell did you all get the game, I refuse to believe more than 3 anons here actually KS'ed it
Backed it far away in a distant land of May 2020. I'm one of the anons posting session reports.
>>
>>86828847
I'm searching for shit i can buy on BF and this game caught my attention since friend of mine played it once on some convent and recommended it to me.
Art looked nice, concept and theme were interesting but /bgg/ opinion is authoritative and final.
Guess i dodged the bullet.
Thanks.
>>
File: 20221124_203945~2.jpg (944 KB, 3264x1952)
944 KB
944 KB JPG
Good lord, what have I gotten myself into?
>>
>>86828944
A very, very good game that doesn't need the expansions.

Alternatively, probably a lot of translation work if you don't speak german
>>
https://pandasaurusgames.com/collections/black-friday/products/tammany-hall
$20 for New York City immigrants.
>>
File: 1668981260196150.gif (3.07 MB, 640x610)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB GIF
>>86828944
>them dubs
Guarsnteed fun.
Seconding other anons, expansions you can leave in box until you really want to shake things up, use only the alternative power cards.
>>
>>86828973
There are already english paste-ups files on bgg. This is a rare instance of the gulag being helpful.
>>86829001
I swear some anons are stalking me. Tammany is my next purchase.
>>86829017
Will do chief
>>
>>86828863
PNP files were posted few threads ago.
>>
One of you people sold me on RONE and Mage Wars Arena. You better be right.
>>
>>86829176
>Mage Wars Arena
Best 1v1 dueling game. It comes with two spellbooks, what else is there to say.
>RONE
Deck-builder, yuck.
>>
>>86828015
I wish someone in our group had GoA 2, it looks really fun
>>
>>86829234
What's surprising is how simple it is.
Here's five cards. Try to sequence them as best you can over four turns. Do some minor math to remove npc minis and maybe respawn them, now upgrade one card. In that game loop you get the tightest teamwork, bluffing, zoning, and opponent reading payoffs.
Some players stick to one fighter, one guy hasnt played the same dude twice, and the satisfaction has been the same.
Lastly, almost all our games have been tight. Even when your team falls behind on levels, you never stop being a threat, and with clever coordination can pull of a kill that equalizes the experience difference. Ive been behind, one more death and its game, and we pulled off a minion push to base for win with perfect sequencing.
I cannot stop raving about GoAII and as soon as I see options to purchase or back for anons you bet Im sharing.
>>
>>86829222
RONE is drawing random cards from a shared pool or alternatively pregame deck construction.
>>
>>86829326
>or alternatively pregame deck construction.
Thank God.
>>
>>86829001
>Jews
>Women
>Poor
>Irish
Yeah, I ain't playing that.
>>
File: 1666566616271916.jpg (454 KB, 2048x1499)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
>>86829662
Such an easy modification to make, but anon is too lazy to shake up his The Mission shitpost
I am disappoint, son
>>
Is Oath good?Or does it just ride in Root's fame?
>>
Was there a boom in pandemic players during the catan?
>>
File: 1555876762327.jpg (1.01 MB, 4800x2619)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>86829962
It's like root in that the mechanics encourage kingmaking and thus it's a negotiation game in disguise. It's good, but very, very table-dependent
I like it more than root.
>>
>>86830116
Pretty sure volko and the boys engineered the Catan to get people to play more wargames which in turn will lead to a decline in birthrate so we won't have to eat ze bugs in the future
>>
File: 1601232378382.jpg (186 KB, 750x1055)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>86830116
I started playing Catan during the Catan. It was pretty meta.
>>
>>86829752
No need to modify, it still fits perfectly
>>
Finally got to play John Company last week
Any games similar? It feels kind of unique.
Might be one of the funnier games I've played without trying too hard to be, and probably the mos thematic or memorable.
>>
File: 43534564.jpg (30 KB, 640x480)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Five Tribes is a massively underrated game that needs more discussion on this general rather than the 40,000th Root jerkoff.
>>
File: 1662939342020931.jpg (153 KB, 1024x1024)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>86830698
I cant think of two blatant root ripoffs that get paraded around these parts.
>>
>>86830732
>Oath
>Andean Abyss
Here you go.
>>
File: 1668715883848923.png (414 KB, 600x554)
414 KB
414 KB PNG
>>86830765
A so-so shitpost, I rate 6/10
>>
>>86830787
Strong cope, I rate 41%
>>
>>86829662
>>86830607
Fun fact: the era of Tammany Hall predates the era of strong Jewish immigration to NYC by several decades.
The more you know!
>>
File: 1669311846147008.jpg (199 KB, 1080x1080)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
(((Black Friday))) tomorrow and I have no idea what to buy.
>>
>>86827404
>better than GttR
I doesn't have a legionary action so no.
>>
>>86830884

No one cares for your god awful American holidays.
>>
>>86830698
I mean, not that I don't like the game, but there is little to discuss because the game is an exercise in tactics and adapting. I've not delved into it, but it didn't seem to me there was much strategy involved, almost strictly tactical. And these games don't make for good discussion outside of the game itself and afterwards.
>>
>>86827035
>>86825191
Here you go
anonfiles dot com slash Mbt4pcJeyf slash sidconbif_zip

I have shit camera and bad lighting, if anything is unreadable or I missed something let me know and I'll try again. Hope you get to play soon, I haven't managed to yet.
>>
>>86830698
Ive never heard anyone discuss five tribes outside of muh slave retcon
conclusion: game has nothing else worth talking about
>>
>>86830970

I can only imagine the reaction to the slave card controversy in this day and age. It'd probably be all over Twitter and Polygon. Thank god it happened in 2014.
>>
File: 1649212089718.png (2.14 MB, 1200x931)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB PNG
What are the Ultimate Feudal Japan games out there?
>>
>>86831024
Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan
>>
>>86831024
Rising sun
>>
>>86831024
Shogun
>>
File: 1648218876616.jpg (252 KB, 1200x900)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
>>86831024
I liked Iki.
>>
About fucking time, finally received shipping notification for my copy of Fire in the Lake
>>
>>86831024
Godzilla Tokyo Clash
>>
>>86831024

Root.
>>
File: 1660646661409.png (850 KB, 750x563)
850 KB
850 KB PNG
>>86831083
Based Kaijū enjoyer.
>>
>>86824813
patchwork
hive
raptor
codenames: duet
android: netrunner
jaipur
fox in the forest
race for the galaxy
star realms
war of the ring
>>
>>86831024
This >>86831033 but definitely not this >>86831052.
>>
>>86831072
That looks neat.
Can you gimme the qrd
>>
>>86831088
Basado
>>
>>86831033
Great game, I used to play it a lot with a friend after work in weekends
>>86831052
If I hated Blood Rage will I hate this one? I guess I will if we go by >>86831262 lol
>>86831053
>>86831072
I'll check these out, thanks.
>>86831083 >>86831088
kek and lol respectively.
>>
Is journeys in middle earth any good? Want a coop game to play with 2 other people. Any thing else that meets this criteria that has a good sale going this weekend?
>>
File: Hive-Pieces-1-1181654938.jpg (687 KB, 2560x1706)
687 KB
687 KB JPG
just how based is hive exactly?

also should i get the pocket version or pay extra for chonky version?
>>
>>86831367
Extremely based.
Chonky if you don't care about taking it on the go. The tiles are so satisfying to play with.
>>
>>86831282
Set collecting and resource management game where you move around a market in the Edo Period trying to find artisans in order to become the "Iki", which means to be the gold standard of society as a person in Edo by being the most cultured and help to make the end of year's festival the most beautiful.

Players get a card draft to fill the market themselves, then they move around the main board to hire them, and then use them to gain resources to get buildings and stuff, there's also a chance the main buildings catch on fire, destroying everything which I think it's a funny thematic thing. It's very light but pretty rich in options, and non-aggresive since you can't really block other players aside from not helping against fires.
>>
>>86831367
Hive is awesome, it can be stagnant with someone who refuses to adapt or think outside the box though. I prefer the hive carbon aesthetic and it also comes with the lady bug and mosquito
>>
>>86831367
I found it ok. It's pretty quick and cheap, but I haven't had the desire to play it in years. I like the portability of Hive pocket, but tbqh the moments where I specifically want one game that fits in my pocket with me don't really exist; and I assume that the extra chunkyness does feel better.
>>
>>86831024
Commands & Colors Samurai
>>
How good is Tsukuyumi? Should I get the 2nd ed or 1st? Expansion packs must-haves or best ignored?
>>
>>
>>86831408

good to know. i wondered if the extra chonk would make the game that much more satisfying

in terms of portability i'd probably take it over to game nights but don't know if I'd plan on taking it somewhere where I'd be really limited on space.

i'm kinda edging towards pocket as a) it's available for like £10 less and b) regular size doesn't include the expansions

that said my local appears to have carbon in stock at a seemingly reasonable cost, which would include most of the expansions. that said I can't help but feel I'd prefer the multicolor sets just for readability/looking pretty, and my local has a pocket pillbug available (plus the string bag seems so much nicer than the early-2000s cd case thing the regular versions have)
>>
>>86830884
I wanted to buy Kingdom Death, but I realized that core+minimum expansions for a non-shitty campaign approaches $700, and for that price I might as well just buy a few other campaign bossbattler games.
>>
File: st jerome writing.jpg (106 KB, 1700x1232)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>86831033
>>86831052
>>86831053
>>86831072
All good games, my favorite is probably Iki but it's more Meiji era japan than Feudal Japan
>>
File: shoebill.jpg (257 KB, 750x1000)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>Thanksgiving episode of BG Barrage
>Top 15 Bird games
>ICECOOL
>Meeple Circus
>Root
>Sheriff of Nottingham
>Piepmatz
>Fauna
>Evolution: Flight
>Zany Penguins
>Gulo Gulo
>Funky Chicken
>Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn
>Rook
>Scythe
>Biblios
unfathomly based
>>
>>86832503
Sell me on evolution flight
I read the rulebook, found it ho hum, then learned it wasnt compatible with climate which made me abandon ever hunting down a copy
>>
File: bepisdog.jpg (151 KB, 1024x905)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>86832519
It's Evolution, but with birds...which are dinosaurs...basically dinosaurs are also birds
>>
>>86832202
>b) regular size doesn't include the expansions
I think pocket includes only 2 expansions. The game is at its best with either no expansions or all expansions, due to better balance.
Also the chonky edition comes with a carrying bag and has a pretty small footprint. Pocket is more of a "travel" thing.
>>
>>86831033
How long does an average game last?
>>
>>86832698
Less than 3 hours, leans closer to 2 when you're familiar with the game.
>>
File: 1669211901954424.jpg (240 KB, 1069x950)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>86832164
what video is that from
>>
>>86831367
I went for Pocket purely because of how overpriced the expansions for regular Hive are. Not that the Pocket ones are any less overpriced, but at least it comes with one.
I'd probably go for regular Hive if price weren't a concern, it's a very fun game and there is a tactile pleasure to the chunky tiles.
>>
>>86832749
Same as >>86820766, shelfsides latest bit taking the piss out of a bunch of board game habits
>>
>>86832503
lol

10/10
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.53 MB, 1682x1188)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB PNG
>>86832698
according to the box, 40-70min
>>
>>86831367
>just how based is hive exactly?
do you like chess? do you enjoy winning against people who have not played as much? do you often find yourself in a room with another autist and nothing to do?
>>
>>86825275
paperback >> upwords >> scrabble
faggot.

>>86824813
raptor
>>
>>86830884
this is why you're poor
>>
>>86830884
tfw no freckly post-moe gf
>>
File: Spoiler Image (465 KB, 742x720)
465 KB
465 KB WEBM
>>86832891
>>
>>86832844
I c wut u did there
>>
>>86832897
borderlines don't count, anon
>>
File: 1645253823826.png (266 KB, 1307x545)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
>>86819607
>Point salad games. I'm fine with a few distinct ways of scoring and giving players freedom, but the moment you enter point salad zone I'm out.

Based. Point salad game design is by far the worst cancer infecting eurogames. Shit like Village is about as appealing as doing taxes.
>>
So a guy offered me Claustrophobia 1643 for 80 euros. Thoughts? I don't know much about the game but at least it seems to have a mature theme.
>>
Anyone play Space Corp? I've seen a lot of negative stuff about the game and its three phases but since that faggot from Heavy Cardboard especially hated it it can't be THAT bad.
>>
>>86818621
new /bgg/ fag who hasn't played a board game since fucking clue as a child. Been into DnD/40k/Wargaming for a while and my favorite part is painting minis. Any good board games that use miniatures so I can have a side project while learning to play? google basically points me at anything CMON, I have a few kits of ASOIAF, but looking for more of a board game that I can sit down and play quickly w/ the wife and friends.
>>
>>86833525
K E M E T
>>
>>86833525
>any good board games that use miniatures so I can have a side project while learning to play?
If you want mini games, play mini games. Boardgaming is invaded by enough miniature autists as is, and game design is suffering for it.
>>
>play spirit island
>feel like graduating from one-board solo games, try to play two spirits at once
>it's too hard
there's so much information to process, am I just fucking retarded
>>
>>86833646
not really. it's more than twice as much stuff to keep track of, because more spirits will introduce more possibility for synergies
>>
>>86833525
kingdom death is having a sale right NOW
>>
>>86833724
Lol
Lmao
>>
>>86830856
Janny is a tranny so I'll just say: this is patently wrong and a quick Google search on the subject proves it.
>>
>>86827996
You forgot to add Wingspan (below average).
>>
>>86831593
The game is good. It has a lot of content, but the quality on the 2nd edition is just ass. There are a lot of miss prints and erratas.
If you're fine playing with standees you can get the 1st ed. Otherwise I would suggest you wait for the next kickstarter unless you can get the 2nd edition cheap and the errata pack to go with it.
I own the expansions and the moonfall expansion is worthwhile. The whales and dragons can be discussed. Pandas are fun and the moon princess is nice if you want a coop or solo game.
>>
>>86833724
Thanks for reminding me, almost went a BF without paypigging
>>
>>86833724
whats kingdom death
>>
>>86833989
Kingdom Death Monster is an extremely expensive coop boss battle game with some settlement building elements perhaps best thought of as XCOM meets Monster Hunter: The Board Game. It has some of the best minis in the business but the psychosexual grimdark horror of it and Poots's... artistic business style puts the average board game player off. Try it on Tabletop Simulator if you're curious, and if you like it everything's on sale for the next 6 hours or so.
>>
>>86833989
not very good
>>
>>86833646
3 spirit solo is about as much as my brain can handle before turning to mush. I love it.
>>
>>86834252
Maybe you should try better games then? Your brain really can be more engaged when you're playing anything other than the dullest game in existence.
>a-at least the gameplay is good
"No!" The gameplay is dreadful; the game was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time a minor power was played, the player did it for the symbols instead of an interesting effect.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time a card was played for symbols only. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Reuss' mind is so governed by bland effects and thinly veiled set collection that he has no other style of gameplay. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Spirit Island by the same Kenneth Johnson. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these manchildren are playing Spirit Island at 31 or 32, then when they get older they will go on to play Phase 10." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Spirit Island" you are, in fact, trained to play Phase 10.
>>
>>86833724
he's selling for black friday a "Kingdom Death: Simulator Key" for 30$
it's look like a literal TTS mod for KDM, for 30$
but because it's poots, he's also selling a "Master Key Set" for 300$, which gets you a plastic key, and a sign certificate
what a steal
>>
>>86833724
>235 Page Hardcover Rulebook, 17 Hard Plastic Sprues of Miniatures, 1000+ Matte Game Cards, 400+ Unique pieces of Art and 86 Full Page Illustrations.
See detailed contents list below
>17 Hard Plastic Sprues of Miniatures
>Sprues
I'm out
>>
>>86834379
Recommend better games then, turbofag. What's a good solo puzzle solving boardgame in your opinion?
>>
>>86818621
Which one? Is Gay-a Project actually better than Terra Mystica? GP looks seriously souless compared to TM. Terra nova isn't even considered, I don't even know why it exsist.
>inb4 it's another episode of old good new bad like agricola vs caverna
>>
>>86834560
Mage Knight
>>
>>86834661
based, mage knight shits all over other solo games
>>
>>86834608
I prefer TM. Arguably the tech tree is better than the simple cult tracks in TM. But it's unnecessary complexity, TM keeps you glued to the board instead of figuring out a second puzzle. And I prefer the tightness of the predesigned board, the modularity in Gaia kinda takes away from the competition for space that's central to TM. And yeah for some reason the art in TM is wonky but charming but in Gaia it's bland even though it's the same style. Also my favorite part of TM is how beautiful the board looks at the end, whenever I introduce it to someone new they always stand up and start taking pictures of the board at the end. Gaia just looks cheap with those plastic components.
>>
>>86834379
I would respect your consistency if it was done for anything other than the most tedious copypasta in existence.
>a-at least the general is good
"No!" The general is dreadful; the posts were terrible. As I read, I noticed that every poster claimed to love 18xx and Pax Pamir.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time a GMT game was mentioned in name only. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. /tg/'s mind is so governed by bland stock share certificates and thinly veiled FBI training simulators that they have no fun. Later I read a lavish, loving review of /tg/ by the same Moot. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these manchildren are playing posting on /bgg/ at 31 or 32, then when they get older they will go on to be a no games." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you post on /bgg/, you are, in fact, trained to play no games.
>>
>>86834959
7/10 effort, made me laugh.
>>
>>86834959
Pretty good, had a hearty chuckle
But then again, I always chuckle at the SI pasta as well
>>
>>86834608
I mostly agree with >>86834714, especially on the art. TM feels strangely comfy in all its generic fantasy art and colours, GP looks like 70s futurist comic art in the worst way possible.

Nontheless, GP honestly is the better game, it takes the blandest part of TM and turns it into the main attraction (the tech board). I wouldn't say it's unnecessarily complex. I think it's just that the two games are very similar, but GP changes a few concepts that feel unintuitive if you're used to GP (like Range). I haven't played the most recent TM expansion, but I don't think you can really go wrong with either game if you like euros.
Also you can try out either (or is it "both"?) on boardgamearena
>>
>>86833968
Is there a 3rd edition kikestarter soon?
>>
KDM is finally expanding their official digital version huh. Cant wait to rip the models to 3D print them.
>>
>>86834560
Phase 10.
>>
>>86834560
>What's a good solo puzzle solving boardgame in your opinion?
An oxymoron
>>
File: file.png (494 KB, 1031x333)
494 KB
494 KB PNG
Anybody here has played Hoplomachus Remastered? Ricky Royal says crowd favor starts on the track "as per the rulebook".

I don't know if we have different rulebooks, or what the fuck
>>
>>86833787
large-scale Jewish migration was a phenomenon of the 20th century, esp post-1905 pogroms
but do tell me how your google search went
>>86834959
ha! now this is refreshing. nicely done
>>
>>86830965
thank you again
now all i have to do is learn how to use Inkscape and actually make some cards
>>
Is Mind MGMT any good? I keep seeing it at the game store, keep thinking about it, keep being tempted but I've got way too many unplayed games right now I can't justify it.
>>
>>86835620
All I've heard about it is how interesting it looks, how cool the aesthetic is, how brainburning the gameplay can be etc
I've not heard anyone say it's a good game you'll play often.

And if you have a bunch of unplayed stuff at home, just try that first instead of again chasing the thrill of the new, only to after a while notice how the nuovum fades and it sits on your shelf, as a warning noone heeds.
>>
>>86833989
it's Darkest Dungeon but infinitely more autistic. It is objectively a terrible and awful experience and yet there's nothing else like it.
>>
>>86832503
some of those are actually good recs.
>>
>>86835711
But which games?
>>
>>86835729
depends on your group and preferences
>>
>>86834560
>What's a good solo puzzle solving boardgame in your opinion?
Sprawlopolis/Agropolis/Combopolis
Spirit island is the better game, though
>>
>>86835650
Darkest Dungeon (vidya) or Darkest Dungeon (board game)?
>>
>>86835650
What the fuck is that comparison even
>>
File: 1664229198675070.jpg (45 KB, 370x320)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>86835748
>>
>>86834560
Bullet has an excellent solo mode.
>>
File: bWtpbR.png (675 KB, 451x597)
675 KB
675 KB PNG
Anyone played this new expansion?
>>
File: file.png (1.14 MB, 1200x800)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
anyone here is using a card holders?
Can you recommend them or are they not that useful?
>>
File: 1667789260834836.gif (993 KB, 300x225)
993 KB
993 KB GIF
>>86836080
I havent even played the game and my groups been sitting on the box for three years
>>
>not a single expansion in stock for black Friday
>future release models with no rules
>digital client access
>coomer models half off
>one echoes of death set I already have

Terrible Poots, just terrible.
>>
>>86836098
Do any of your friends have arthritis or abuse cards?
>>
>>86836130
>Do any of your friends have arthritis or abuse cards?
not really.
I'm thinking about using them for games like CoC, WotR, SW:R, EU:POP etc.
I wonder if they are gonna be as useful as i imagine in a long games where you have sub 10 cards and you want to put some one them on the view to remember about them, while letting your hand to be more concentrated.
>>
>>86835620
I play it from time to time. Definitely not something you want to bring to table all the time but it is fun experience especially at higher player counts.
The rules are horribly written though and it is not simple enough to play as partyish game with non-boardgamers.
>>
>>86836115
>not a single expansion in stock for black Friday
They're available on the backerkit at a slightly favorable rate, but I'm not biting the bullet for 800 freedom dollars.
>>
>>86836207
I could see them being useful in cases where your hand of cards is not the main angle of the game actually, but I haven't played any of the ones you mentioned.
>>
Redpill me on Scythe. A friend of a friend is basically giving it away.
>>
File: agricola.jpg (64 KB, 500x334)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>fun
>elegant
>simple yet very challenging
>great art and pieces
>perfect scaling
>shits all over kikestarter overpriced garbage with a box full of fun without relying on minis and other premium features
>just full of soul
after many years, how does it manage to keep intact it's charm? i kneel
>>
>>86819332
I agreethat Argent is an amazing game but if you have a group that avoids confrontation it's fucking shit.
>>
>>86836900
>after many years, how does it manage to keep intact it's charm? i kneel
Classics are classics for a reason: they knock it out of the park the first time around.
>>
>>86836900
Fields of Arle and Feast for Odin are way better
>>
>>86836932
never tried fields, feast is indeed good and soulful, maybe even better than agricola (gameplay wise), yet agricola has some unexplainable magic aura
>>
>>86836888
if he's giving it away then he didn't like it, and you probably won't too
it tries to do many things without understanding why other games do those things in the way they do.
>>
>>86836904
it is actively discouraged to avoid confrontation, because even though you're fireballing someone, at least they go to the infirmary and immediately get some extra mana for a revenge spell, or to get ahead of you on the "most mana" vote
>>
File: japanese evolution.jpg (980 KB, 3456x2304)
980 KB
980 KB JPG
The Japanese version of the OG evolution game is cute. CUTE!
>>
>>86836115
Bought 1.6 core, Gambler's Chest and pinups 3 because I liked the game a lot on TTS. Wondering if I should get any of the expansions, I know I want Slenderman and Gorm, but I already spent way more than I wanted to, or if I should wait for a future sale.
>>
File: pic1638295.jpg (51 KB, 861x400)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>86837282
german version also full of charm
>>
File: th1V1s9.png (46 KB, 477x506)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
Since shipping is so expensive, it will cost like 70 bucks if I just get the 2 base games and have to pay shipping. This is the best I can do to meet the shipping threshold, though. Honestly I have no idea when I'll be able to use that playmat except with my wife who finds anime tiddies hilarious. I wish it was integrated into the rest of the Japanime site so I could at least grab some sleeves or something to meet free shipping instead of this stuff.
>>
>>86837328
>Talks about the German version
>Shows a picture of Polish cards
>>
>>86837363
Shipping is over 60$ to mapleland no matter what I buy. It's a fucking shame
>>
File: share40931495640436798.png (2.18 MB, 1080x1080)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB PNG
Anyone else have their list of favorites games shift recently?
>>
Just paypigged KDM 1.6. Aside from having it sit on my shelf for a year while I paint it, what am I in for?
>>
File: 1508443738626.jpg (39 KB, 500x667)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>86837770
catching your friend trying to hotglue the minis while he thought you were gone for a while
>>
>>86837282
Look into some Oink games. Similar aesthetic. Good tidy games.

>>86837296
I would have skipped the gamblers chest for your first purchase in favor of some expansions.
>>
>>86837770
Suffering, engaging encounters, some rocks fall mechanics and the best models in the industry. Out together the starting survivors and the lion, antelope, butcher and kingsman and you can play the first quarter of the campaign while you hobby.
>>
>>86837834
Appreciate the rec, but my group has several: deep sea adventure, startups, a fake artist, might be one more that i am forgetting.
>>
>>86837770
Gameplay ruined by shittone of unmitigable RNG, restarting your game every 10 days, the worst, quality wise, miniatures in the industry (if you don't have PHD in plasticology then good luck assembling these minis)
>>
>>86837867
Nice. I never see them mentioned here but I've never been disappointed trying out one of their games.
>>
File: file.png (76 KB, 225x225)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
my ex kept my few physical games, I now play TTS exclusively
>>
>>86837937
>Gameplay ruined by
No.
>shittone of unmitigable RNG
Yes, especially in the beginning.
>Restarting your game every 10 days
Nothing special happens on the 10th lantern year, but I agree you can easily get 4 survivors curbstomped by the kingsman on the year prior. Shouldn't be too much of a problem since you usually have a lot of remaining survivors in your settlement by this point.
>the worst, quality wise, miniatures in the industry (if you don't have PHD in plasticology then good luck assembling these minis)
Literally the opposite concerning the quality, but I concede that there should be an official ressource for assembling EVERY miniatures, the fact that there isn't is a real joke. Just have your gf do the harder ones since small fingers give an advantage for smaller pieces.
So overall I would say you are parroting an opinion you found somewhere on the internet and are not arguing in good faith.
>>
>>86838168
...my gf?
>>
>>86838153
A cousin in law experienced the same thing, now i can't play his deluxe + expansions loaded copy of Tokaido.
Shame, it was a laid back enjoyable game.
>>
>>86838168
>So overall I would say you are parroting an opinion you found somewhere on the internet and are not arguing in good faith.
Overall, you are retarded.
opinion discarded.
:^)
>>
>>86838179
He means an escort
>>
>>86838168
Nigga he's parroting a post two up from his own.
>>
>>86838273
NTA but your blood copium levels are through the roof.
>>
File: 00A+-+homepage+background.png (2.28 MB, 1000x1302)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB PNG
>>86818977
Very poetic use of a Pinus taeda tile!

Hey /tg/, I made a boardgame during quarantine and wanted to shill it here.

kCaloria gives you the chance to build an expansive and intricate food chain that must overcome obstacles at every turn! Sow the seeds to a thriving ecosystem with precious water tiles, grow verdant gardens with every fungi/plant tile, and fill this space with the perfect balance of herbivores, omnivores, carnivores, and humans too!

You can learn more about Kcaloria here:

https://kcaloria.squarespace.com/

Our kickstarter is launching December 3rd. You can sign up here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236402257/kcaloria-base-set-biome-building-game

I'm here to answer any questions!
>>
File: 1668096271545537.png (42 KB, 1200x660)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
Why are /bgg trolls the laziest anons in /tg?
And why are anons always biting?
>>
>>86837548
How has yours shifted? I assume the new ones are Sakura Arms and GoAII.
>>
File: Cart.png (51 KB, 456x573)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
What do you guys think of my not really black Friday haul.

That's 132.18 burgers or 16,151.41 shilling.
>>
>>86838585
Dropped Pax Pamir 2nd ed and Ashes
PP2 is still a solid game with its engaging temporary alliance system, but man oh man does pax ren's gameplay give me that little bit extra in exciting board state developments and goals. Helps that PR also plays well at 1v1.
For Ashes, the one guy i play it with moved far away, while we have ashteki, and the stock decks are serviceable, it isnt the same as sitting down together, spending 20-30 minutes crafting
our own decks (we collectively got two complete collections of 1st ed) then doing several matches and adjustment rematches over an afternoon and evening.
SW2s asynchronous online matches took over in its stead. We would play SW1 until four in the morning when we first got into it, SW2 is a straight upgrade, dont really need to deckbuild, we can play the same match over three days, if need be, board states never get so complex that you have to spend time reassessing what your plan was two days ago. It has really been a hero fitting into our new reality.
I still love ashes and it hurts I can't play it with my friend the way I want.
Meanwhile I've raved and ranted enough about sakura arms and guards here that you already likely know my opinion.
>>
>GMT STILL haven't shipped Pericles
It's because I've been volkoposting too much and am on some watchlist now, isn't it
>>
>>86838828
>next war: vietnam and u.s. civil war still haven't shipped yet
I should have express shipping for making gmt memes, i'm starting to not like glowies
>>
>>86838364
Any try-before-buy on Table Top Simulator?
What's the 'weight' rating you're expecting on BGG?
Any specific influences from other games?
Do you have experience sourcing the mass manufacture for board games? A lot of first time kickstarters flub this.
Do you have a very wide no promises estimated MSRP? I'm talking ballpark you're aiming for, like 20-40$ or something?
Kickstarter isn't up yet, but the follow up question would be: Is there an estimation on the kickstarter discount on said MSRP?
Do you plan on a tightly packed game box, or are you going to pull a Splendor and have a box that can fit 3 other games for no reason?
Have you considered posting offensive, racist, revisionist, controversial inflammatory comments all over BGG in hopes of a ban to build your street cred? It seemed to work well for a few designers starting early in their career.
How's Houston? I've never been, but I'm trapped in Seattle and looking at other metro areas, Portland looks like a time capsule of Seattle but more of the same shit, and St Lois is somehow less safe than fucking Reno. I heard Houston was late to the party but finally went full retard in the housing market like everyone else.
>>
>>86839067
>game box
>mass manufacture
Wait I no I found the youtube how to play. Looks like you've already got a production sample, which is a step ahead of most first timers.

You should still consider baiting for a ban on BGG, on principal.
>>
Some folks are born made to shake the bag
>>86839023
They're pulling red, pink, and blue
>>86839023
And when rhe song ends, three minutes are brief
>>86839023
They clear the bullets at you, Lord
>>86839023
It ain't me, it ain't me
I'm no weeaboos son, son
>>86839023
It ain't me
It ain't me
I ain't no gaming anon
>>
>>86836900
>fun
>elegant
>challenging
>great art and pieces
>just full of soul
Ahahahahahahaha. How tasteless can you euroniggers be?
>>
>>86835650
So it's the DotA of board games
>>
>>86837282
looks like chink
>>
>>86839612
Box looks fine, no holes, dents, or damage
>>
>>86837363
>my wife who finds anime tiddies hilarious
Extremely based, jelly as fuck.
>>86837548
Canadian bro?
>>86838153
>pic not related
>>
>>86837363
>my wife who finds anime tiddies hilarious.
Nice. You marry her a second time, you hear?
>>86839725
>Canadian bro?
Yessir?
>>
>>86839744
Give me a random recommendation to try next.
>>
>>86839784
Not sure a TTS mod exists, but if you want random:
High Treason: the trial of Louis Riel
>>
>>86839802
Heavy Cardboard has a playthrough video and one of my local stores has it in stock. Nice.
>>
>>86839882
Ha, didn't expect either of those tbqh
Happy gaming and get that man acquited!
>>
>>86836900
>perfect scaling
Agricola is my favourite game (Caverna is a pale imitation that missed the point of why 'gric is so great and Feast is meh) and I generally approve of this post, but why are you lying like that? Non-4P Agricola isn't very good.
>>
>>86819912
>alot to be desired
>alot
Americans are a mistake.
>>
>>86840661
Make some damn fine games though
>>
File: sunlight_print.png (867 KB, 2400x2400)
867 KB
867 KB PNG
>>86839067
>Any try-before-buy on Table Top Simulator?
We are very close to launching a TTS version for exactly that reason! Expected to have something on Steam in December
>What's the 'weight' rating you're expecting on BGG?
If I were to assign the score I would give it a 2-3. It takes maybe 10 minutes to learn, but can get very complex the more you strategize!
>Any specific influences from other games?
Fighting for control of the board and spacial planning reminds me of go
>Do you have experience sourcing the mass manufacture for board games? A lot of first time kickstarters flub this.
We actually have family living in Germany, we have a contact that we will be using to localize the game in EU countries. As far as Australia & Asia we are still working on it.
>Do you have a very wide no promises estimated MSRP? I'm talking ballpark you're aiming for, like 20-40$ or something? Kickstarter isn't up yet, but the follow up question would be: Is there an estimation on the kickstarter discount on said MSRP?
We are offering the base set of kCaloria for $30 on kickstarter, planning for $35 MSRP so ~15% discount
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236402257/kcaloria-base-set-biome-building-game
>Do you plan on a tightly packed game box, or are you going to pull a Splendor and have a box that can fit 3 other games for no reason?
We actually spent quite a bit of time designing a hexagonal prism that fits our hex tiles perfectly as well as fits in your hand.
>Have you considered posting offensive, racist, revisionist, controversial inflammatory comments all over BGG in hopes of a ban to build your street cred?
Never heard of this, can't imagine this being too successful a strat
>How's Houston?
Funnily enough I'm originally from Seattle. Yeah housing prices in Houston have exploded since the pandemic. There are still really good neighborhoods that are quite affordable, I think theres a lot of room for Houston to grow. Love the food here, hate the weather!
>>
>>86838636
7WD is solid. I really like the pantheon expansion, though it doesn't get much love here.
>>
>>86840774
Holy shit you were serious the whole time.
>>
>>86836932
shit taste

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.