[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here:http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial:http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. good luck

>Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Errata for Third Edition
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3ooTmopm3CBxW5jwPp1761xsaIccea-5XIhVM_PQEc/edit

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/BXSGuFdQ
>Essence
https://pastebin.com/u3dtDFy2

>NPCs
Hundred Devils Night Paradehttps://pastebin.com/iA1DYbpB
Adversaries of the Righteoushttps://pastebin.com/KR7zTrpe
Eclipse Charmshttps://pastebin.com/adVHdWtk

>Current Quixalted Extended QE Version (Fanmade Supplement)
https://files.catbox.moe/rjgmo5.pdf

>Optional Quixalted Exalts
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jg86yrewnhx2ov3/QE_Reject3eExaltHomebrew.pdf/file

>4thchan Edition
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XqjkwQIR38ov7uZVSZGpcjI0QCPIiFaQkVosZVlhGH8/(4.2Core)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ChMTi_E4OfseIPvC0dJo99IrGkgRuBm0QgfxF1RZUAk/edit?usp=sharing(4.2Spirits)

>Exalted Demake (old, missing Solars and Lunars update):
https://pastebin.com/xfkHLh2M

Previous thread: >>86804190

Thread Question: how do you deal with priesthood and worship?
>>
>>86812136
>be mortal child of one of the Heaven's Dragons
>fail to Exalt
>learn some crafting skills
>break into the Dweomerforge to try to craft something truly amazing
>exalt as a Twilight Caste Solar
>the Unconquered Sun looks over at you and says "Sure, that's yours now, not like anyone is using it anyway" during your Exaltation
How would the Sidereals react?
>>
>>86814900
Terrestrial God's priests are sort of like trade union leaders. They meet with the God on behalf of the community they represent and negotiate with the God from a position of collective bargaining, with the option to withhold prayer as a form of striking.

Weak priests are the trade unions of today, toothless and willing to accept whatever the God offers. Strong priests are the unions of back in the day, able to force concessions and willing to work cooperatively with other priesthoods to achieve common goals.

Celestial Gods priests are philosophers and intellectuals, who ponder the great mysteries of the world through the lens of their chosen deity/pantheon. They do not do productive work, so like in IRL ancient times, they rely on wealthy mortal patrons to provide for them, and in turn they offer specific prayers to the Gods on their patron's behalf in the hopes of less tangible benefits than a Terrestrial God might provide.
>>
>>86814949
The Sids would be fucking livid, but you'd have turned into a major celebrity overnight, and thus under too much public scrutiny to be easily hunted down or assassinated.
>>
Does a God of Incest exist, and more importantly does such a sexual relationship create defective children among the Exalted or even just mortals?
>>
>>86814978
There will be one under Serenity. If we assume that mortals in Creation are like us unless told otherwise, then incest would carry the same risks as in reality. And since Exalt's children are mortals, they would have the same risks as everyone else.
>>
>>86814978
>Does a God of Incest exist
Yes. There's gods for virtually everything.

>defective children
Exalts are immune to the basic, standard maladies of being human, such as asthma, insomnia, allergies, and so on. Mortals, including those born from supernatural beings, are not.
>>
>>86814978
God of Incest probably exists. This is not a good reason to include him in your games. I don't see any particular reason to assume that the effects of incest would be different for Exalts than they are for mortals.
>>
I missed last thread, give it to me straight anons : how bad is Sidereals 3E?
>>
>>86815167
It's aight. Changes shit that didn't need changing and has some questionable takes. But it's not the worst first couple of chapters
>>
How would you do your version of Sidereal foil exalts to replace Gets?

Hardmode: No removal autism like Lunars and "Sidereals don't need foils" excuse if you simply don't want to answer.
>>
>>86815211
Infernals do the job pretty functionally. Or maybe Fae exalts which naturally exist outside of Fate.
>>
>>86815167
Significantly better than Exigents, but it makes a lot of changes that don't seem to have much purpose or add anything. It definitely isn't trying to sway towards 1e instead of 2e and is instead building it's own direction (and I'd say is more based in 2e than 1e while doing that).

>>86815211
>How would you do your version
Getimians but not Exalted and instead using them as enemies that come about due to twists in fate. They're functionally and effectively Exalted, with all the growth in power that entails, but vanish into nothing once their original and achievable goal is complete. I'd think that would even be playable, with the idea that they retire from the world once their purpose is achieved. They can come about anywhere in Creation and normally they make a few local changes before either dying out to locals, achieving their goals, or being stopped by Sidereal Exalted. However, in recent times - in the eyes of the Sidereal Exalted - a vile and treacherous Sidereal, Rakan Thulio, has been organising them with the idea of pushing their ideas through via coalition.

In other words, Getimians were once the personable face of the Twists of Fate that the Sidereal spent so much effort facing down or resolving... and now, they've made a union.
>>
>>86815296
>How would you do your version
It is not a bad idea. I have always used the glitches in the Wheel of Time reality as possible Twists of Fate. Getimians can serve as a worst case scenario, especially in groups.
>>
>Lytek is a massive fucking nerd about the Exalted
>he got demoted after the Usurpation but still does it better than his replacement's replacement does
>his replacement's replacement who got her job through nepotism after his replacement died
LOL.

I wonder what an Exigent he created would look like?
>>
>>86815167
Doesn't seem terrible so far.

>>86815211
If for some bizarre reason all the other Exalted, Fair Folk, ghosts and demons aren't enough and a specific foil is needed...I dunno, I kind of like the idea of living, sentient fate anomalies, so I guess I'd go with that. Let's say that when fate gets fucked up in just the right way, a fate anomaly might form around a living person, causing him to become the source and center of all kinds of weird shit. Let's say it's pissible to learn to control this to a degree, but being out of sync with the rest of the world is going to cause problems whether the person in question wants it or not. Let's say that it's easier and allows for more power to just not care about this and embrace tesring fate apart locally in a semi-controlled fashion. Let's say that by the circumstances leading to such a living anomaly are very specific and should ocvyr extremely rarely, but have been occurring with increasing frequency over the past 1,000 years or so. Everything points to someone or something associated with the Loom of Fate causing this to hapoen, but who and why? Maybe the Loom's breaking down, maybe a Sidereal or a god is desperately trying to figure out how to control the phenomenon to create new agents of Fate to bolster the Bureau's ability to do its job, maybe Primordials left behind some kind of a final fuck you hegore their imprisonment. Really, though, Sidereals don't actually need a foil.
>>
>>86815330
>he got demoted after the Usurpation but still does it better than his replacement's replacement does
Lytek being demoted after the usurpation comes from 1E. The part about being more competent I don't know if it's new, but in 1E the head of eLytek was not a particularly competent deity.
>>
>>86815330
Would Lytek be diminished or strengthened after creating an Exigent? Normally spirits are weakened by creating Exigents, but since Lytek's domain is Exaltation, the more Exalted there are, and the more powerful and active they are, the stronger he gets. Would the boost from expanding his domain counteract the weakening from creating an Exigent?
>>
>>86815330
He'd Exalt a chad, because he's Lytek and living vicariously through absolute chads is what he does. On the other hand, he'd be giving them nerd powers. Probably his Charms would be built around chronicles and grand tales, memories and pivotal moments, and giving glory to the Exalted.

>>86814954
Honestly, good.
>>
>Divisions overseeing disease, death, and other related purviews found themselves overloaded with highest-priority tasks far beyond what their staffing and funding could accomplish.

Could the God of Disease not just be threatened by the rest of the Celestial Gods to cut that shit out during the Great Contagion?
>>
>>86815220
Dream-Souled?

>>86815330
The law of diminishment set in stone, for example, it is implied that Plentimon wasn't diminished at all.
>>
>>86815393
The high-priority tasks they were being overloaded with were probably things like stop-orders and 'yo dude slow this fucking thing down'. I also don't doubt that any high-ranker that came down with the Great Contagion was trying to push their way directly into priority queue for disease gods however they could.
>>
Has there been any case where a new Chosen dies in the battle after they just exalted?
>>
>Sidereals foils.
>All three warp reality.
>Getimians are solipsists, "how the world should have been"
>Dream-Souled are idealists, "how the world should be".
>Revelers are hedonists, "enjoying the world as it is".
>>
>>86815482
I don't know if such a thing has happened canonically, because it doesn't make for much of a story and probably isn't the kind of thing you'd write about anyway. Pure survivorship bias at work there.

I've had it happen twice in my games, though. Once, a kid of good Breeding the party was looking to rescue Exalted as Dragonblood trying to be a hero and just fucking died trying. The other time was a Lunar Exaltation in a player's backstory that drew the Wyld Hunt off the character's back long enough for them to escape and eventually meet up with the party. I think that player expected the Lunar to survive to use it as a story hook later but I just never saw a good place for anything by the time the game died.
>>
>>86815482
That's basically what the Wild Hunt is for. But Canon-story wise I don't think we've seen any
>>
>>86815482
I think there's a case of a Solar being lynched to death right after exaltation.
>>
>>86815376
In a purely practical light, it's best to think of it as an investment--Pay now to hopefully profit later, and things like the Exigent getting killed early or something worse wold be a negative.

In my opinion Lytek, being an Exalt fan, would be very tempted to diminish himself to the point he'd turn into a mentor-sidekick so he can teach and witness his chosen being a chosen
>>
>>86815572
>In a purely practical light, it's best to think of it as an investment--Pay now to hopefully profit later, and things like the Exigent getting killed early or something worse wold be a negative.
>Do the the Conky-recommended™ gacha roll.
>Diminished to "less than a ghost, but more than a memory".
>TFW, instead of helping me, my chosen ends up extinct in no time.
>...
>At least mortals aren't bathing in my white numinous bodily fluids.
>>
How often can I stunt? For example, say I grapple a dude. Can I stunt for the to-hit roll, then for the grapple gambit, then for the control roll, then for the damage rolls?
The rules seem to imply so.
>>
>>86815760
If you can make them all interesting without repeating yourself, sure
>>
>>86815760
In 3e, you can stunt all Ability+Attribute action rolls or actions derived from Ability+Attribute - so, you can stunt an attack roll but not the damage roll. If you multiattack, you can stunt each attack. In a grapple, you can stunt the hit and the control but not the damage or init gambit rolls. In an Essence roll-off, you don't benefit from stunts, but if someone rolls social at your Resolve four times in a single turn you can stunt Resolve for all of them.
>>
What are some good martial arts that Infernal should learn? I'm reading Infernal Monster Style and it looks kinda useless.
>>
>>86815811
Infernals aren't particularly good at martial arts. They should either learn none, or learn Infernal Monster and specifically take Untamed Apocalypse Shintai.
>>
>>86815795
>>86815801
Huh, thanks anons! That's really helpful.
>>
>>86815482
Isn't there a 2e chapter comic where the Dragon Kings sacrifice a freshly exalted kid?
>>
>>86815857
That one in Scroll of Fallen Races and in Core where the iconic DB Avaku along with two more DB killing a Night who was destined by Black Ice Shadow.
>>
>>86815211
They'd be a group of new random heroes rising up who incidentally mess up the Sidereals' carefully crafted plans and control of the world, which couldn't account for such supreme skill and power in the hands of one unpredictable man. Some of the Sidereals would try to kill them, but it's a game of whack a mole that they're currently not able to keep a handle on. Others would try to manipulate them, only to slowly find themselves either getting seduced in turn or else finding their students rebelling and killing them in retaliation for how they were used. I would call them the "Solar Exalted."
>>
Thank God one of the 3e Sidereals fiction is about an Endings killing a Lunar.

The furries should be retconned in 4e.
>>
File: 166833855228833267.jpg (18 KB, 313x334)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
Is she a...? you know...
ToT
>>
File: A & B.jpg (85 KB, 677x509)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>86816044
Chosen of Endings... erotic.
>>
Split up between a punching and grappling build.
Puncher pros:
>Works with Thunderbolt Attack Prana
>Works against battle groups
>Costs less motes overall
Grappler pros:
>Way more damage
>>
Are they ever gonna fix their fucking website?
>>
File: TBF.png (314 KB, 1196x1578)
314 KB
314 KB PNG
>>86816127
Never, they moved to discord and there's also Sword of Creation.
>>
>>86815167
Well it's decided to heavily change major parts of the sidereal lore. I'm not a fan of the changes but the new stuff they add can most be incorporated without adding it. So while I don't think it's as good as 1e I don't think ut's completely worthless. There are a lot of unnecessary changes though.

>>86815211
Uh. Just remove them like I do with every exigent and 2e exalt fuck this foil shit. if I use gets they'll be a created race of pattern spiders who take corpses and rewrite their fate. Resilant but not impossible to wipe out.
>>
>2e adds a new type of Exalted, the Infernal
>it becomes one of the more popular splats, lots of homebrew on charms, the demons, even Yozi and expansion of Devil Tiger
>3e tries to add new Exalted-
>>
>Countless irreplaceable wonders were used in its creation, but the greatest of these was the tear of molten gold shed by the Unconquered Sun when he turned his face from Creation. The tear was made to serve as a beacon, drawing the power of fallen Solars into the Jade Prison before they could reincarnate.
bruh
>>
Not a fan of the breaking of the Mask being an accident and arcane fate being an unfortunate consequence. Much preferred it being them intentionally doing it to avoid punishment.
>>
>>86816221
Countless irreplaceable wonders. I mean, sure, the Deathlords have at least a hundred copies of their own to hold the Abyssals with leftovers to spare. And the Yozis have whatever they're using to hold and control the Infernal Exaltations. But sure 3e. "Irreplaceable".
>>
>>86816221
I
>roll a die on the Game of Divinity
CANNOT
>snort super primordial cocaine
HELP
>ride the Daystar around
CREATION
>suck blood from Dragon Kings' sacrifices
ANYMORE
>die to some fuckass Deathlord in Return of SE
>>
>>86816256
I'm a fan of them hiding the prison in the mask but yeah not the reason why. Though arcane fate was always supposed to be an unintended consequence, it was to hide themselves after the fact.
>>
>>86816221
>Countless irreplaceable wonders were used in its creation, but the greatest of these was the tear of molten gold shed by the Unconquered Sun when he turned his face from Creation. The tear was made to serve as a beacon, drawing the power of fallen Solars into the Jade Prison before they could reincarnate.
Frankly it doesn't sound that hard to just make a new one. Sidereal Craft is usually slower than Solar but eventually hits pretty similar numbers. Frankly, most artifacts N/A involved a bunch of unreplicable and/or irreplaceable wonders used as ingredients. Well, for a given value of unreplicability. 3e has taught us nothing if not that irreplaceable just means you can't make more... yet. There'll always be a cheap knockoff you can sub in to make whatever it is you want to have happen work, or else the world would be limiting your creativity or stifling self-actualization or something.

>>86816263
Is this supposed to be the Incarnae, or Sidereal?
>>
>>86816283
Sure if only every Great House has a 5 Metal Shrike and that metal dragon or ICBM something.
>>
>>86816293
I think that'd be totally reasonable if the Great Houses were composed of Sidereals, anon, and I might be crazy here, but I'm pretty sure they're Dragonblood who can't build or sustain that. I know many anon like to level the world of Creation to Solar-Peers aka heroes and Non-Solar-Peers aka trash, but there's a little more nuance to what the Fivefold Fellowship vs the Realm are able to pull out here.
>>
>>86816211
Funnily enough, one of the most popular nu exalted, used 2e foundations.

>>86816221
New 3e plot development, Incarnae tears are the setting dragon balls.

>>86816283
>Is this supposed to be the Incarnae, or Sidereal?
Pretty sure that is Conky.
>>
>>86814978
What do you think Parad, the Left Hand of Power is?
>>
File: One of 5 .jpg (79 KB, 1080x222)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>86816345
Less relevant now, since he is only the god of Dragon-Blooded.
>>
>no more quintessence
>now you just have shitty brown ambrosia
>>
>>86816377
I guess they thought the old system was confusing? It results in similar things though the gods have to go to a tough to get their shit was always funnier.
>>
>A tear from Venus can be used to make artifacts.
>Conky's can be used to seal Solars away.
What tears from the other Incarnae do? Lunar's allows travel to the Beyond?
>>
>>86816475
It turns you into a furry.
>>
>>86816475
Makes you job.
>>
>>86815167
Its pretty good. It changed a lot of stuff but very little of it is actually worse.
>>
>>86816486
>>86816489
And the other 4 maidens?
>>
>>86816552
You can mix the five together and you can see Fate all around like Neo can see the Matrix.
>>
Male Elder Lunar breeding hebe Solar Mate or Hag Elder Lunar riding shota Solar Mate?
>>
Is 2nd ed playable or is 3rd ed so superior that I shouldn't even bother? 3rd ed isn't localized and that may stop my group, pushing untranslated games is hard.
>>
>>86816926
2.5e's fine if you don't try to break it, though it definitely has 'best builds'. It's playable.
>>
>>86816926
2e is not playable. 3e is a little less unplayable.
>>
I hate Sidereals and gods. Solar Circle needs to take over Yu-Shan Conan-style.
Fuck this Mandate bullshit. Solars should rule over Creation AND Heaven.
>>
>>86816947
Based, that'll show everyone who thinks that surely things can't get worse than they actually are.
>>
>>86816947
Solars should stay in the Threshold where they belong.
>>
>>86816943
2e is playable right up until you know what you're doing, at which point you know enough to break the system over your knee. At that point trade up to 3e
>>
>>86816961
3e breaks pretty quick too, anon. You're not trading up by dropping a ton of flavor for a squidge more balance.
>>
>>86816943
>>86816961
My group is pretty casual in that regard so I guess it would be a minor concern.
>>
>>86815174
Honestly, most of the changes in 3e Sids are good, I don't get the "changing shit for no reason" stuff. Why would I even pay for this book if it changed nothing from 1e/2e but the mechanics? Its why I barely bought fucking anything from the 2e days, it was all retreads of 1e lore but written way more poorly.
>>
>>86816221
If their tears are this powerful imagine what power thier manure has to hold.
>>
>>86814900
still using that fucking 2e tutorial thing.

demake is still out of date several threads after the updates were shared
>>
>>86814954
>weak priests are like the unions of today

can't be. that would mean weak priests are a parasitic tumor that mostly negotiates to ensure the priest gets a chunk of the prayer/miracles himself at the cost of his flock.

also your strong priest has blatant ties to the IO if not a terrestrial monk himself else he can't follow through on the mafia threats that make him strong instead of weak
>>
>>86814978
of course they're defective, just look at the lintha.

dbs seem to have a notable degree of protection against that though, but even they don't see high breeding family trees go straight up ladderstyle which the scarlet realm would absolutely have done if they could.
>>
>>86817235
also iirc the incest god got juice pulped for for a firstage breeding experiment to produce exotic ingredients according to ocdontal codex, fucked his own descendants until nobody could tell him or them apart from eachother
>>
>>86817104
what did you think made yushan peaches special? iirc canonically transplants/grafts/pits become/produce mundane trees once stolen
>>
>>86817206
>can't be. that would mean weak priests are a parasitic tumor that mostly negotiates to ensure the priest gets a chunk of the prayer/miracles himself at the cost of his flock.
Why do you choose union representatives who do that?
>>
>>86816044
has a penis
>>86816256
why? lol what punishment

if it had to change i could maybe see them having done it as part of the leadup to the usurpation planning. sure solars might know they're up to something but if that's all they can easily get from their passive antiusurpation charms 'well arent sids always up to *something*?' so it'd help a bit
>>
>>86816961
>At that point trade up to 3e
>trade up to 3e
>to 3e
>>
One thing I never really fully grasped. As an edition agnostic question, roughly how much of the specifics of setting history are determined by heaven's plan? Like if I'm thinking up some regional powers, how much of where things land should be attributed to verisimilitude things - Here's how an empire would probably act in these circumstances, here's how local conditions and the pressures of existing powers/the environment would shape history/politics/economics - versus how much should be attributed to "The bureau decided this kingdom needed to prosper so an unlikely series of coincidences and some magic came in to make sure events arranged themselves so that happened"
>>
File: 85594371_p5.jpg (50 KB, 600x515)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>86816887
The first option, during the first age, having a "kemonobara Lunar mate" was a symbol of status. See Desus or 3e Leviathan.
>>
>>86817558
The bureau of destiny does mostly broad strokes and a few specific ones. It's more this nation should prosper not the destiny of this one family is micromanaged. Sometimes you have two break two people up. Other times you'll have to get them to try and kill each other tonstart a greater feud between their two families. Not everything that happens on creation is due to them but they record it all.
>>
>>86817469
No... Please... me have one cunny exalted...
>>
File: Sid.png (390 KB, 593x517)
390 KB
390 KB PNG
>>86817469
So two traps, 2 guys and a female?
>>
>>86817079
Most the changes aren't the worst but they aren't
great. The problem with change for change's sake is that you don't have to fix what isn't broken.
>>
>>86816887
> Hag Elder Lunar riding shota Solar Mate?
/ss/ a best
>>
>>86817840
It seems like all of these changes are oriented towards making Heaven a vastly more dynamic part of the setting, rather than the 1e/2e thing where basically nothing exciting happened there save for some parts of the Usurpation. Other than that, I can easily think of reasons for other changes (Quintessence being separate from Ambrosia was dumb and contrived, the Visions of Bronze and Gold were honestly redundant when there was obviously tangible proof that the Solars would wind up killing the world in one of their dumb schemes, etc.)
>>
File: 1663621676905488.jpg (445 KB, 2037x3056)
445 KB
445 KB JPG
>>86817960
Feels more contrived than dynamic.
>>
>>86817960
Bronze and gold were about choice they could either support a stable but functionally reduced creation or they could try and fix the solars.
>>
>>86818022
What is contrived about any of it? Pretty much everything, from the Great Contagion (a disease designed to kill everything it could) scouring Yu-Shan, to labor unrest and organization forcing concessions from the higher gods, makes sense to me. Fuck, it's more "contrived" for nothing interesting to be happening in the place where Sidereals spend a good chunk of their time.
>>
>>86818147
A lot of these changes appear just for the sake of making gods less inhuman. It's just more declawing of the setting. There are a lot of things I do like about yu-shan but it could stand to have more teeth. Kejak's rewrite is offensive in how much it changed. Why not just replace him if you aren't going to use him?.
>>
>>86818356
>Kejak's rewrite is offensive in how much it changed. Why not just replace him if you aren't going to use him?.
How much it changed? Can you post a screencap?
>>
>>86818386
It's a complete rewrite.
>>
>>86818401
Like Lilith's?
>>
>>86818434
Yes. But kejak is still responsible for the usurpation so one thing remained the same. The rest utterly different. I thought someone leaked it. If not I'll have to wait until after work to actually post it and the original.
>>
File: 1e Chejop write-up.png (592 KB, 741x832)
592 KB
592 KB PNG
>>86818356
I personally think the mild changes are for the better (the other anon is probably mostly referring to the fact that Ketchup has a personality beyond shrieking "I KILLED THE SOLARS AND IT WAS CORRECT" now; most of the other shit like him living an austere lifestyle, looking for an heir, and having regrets about his necessary actions), but in the interest of fairness, allow me to post both for comparison.
>>
File: 3e Chejop write-up.png (172 KB, 646x664)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>>86818826
>>
>>86818401
I've read the Kejak section in the preview and haven't seen any rewrites. As much as Ayesha Ura is not mentioned or I forget something or she is the same character as always.
>>
>>86818826
He's always lived an austere lifestyle and his personality is that he knows he's right and he has to do all he can to make sure creation survives. Even without the line about sorcery and martial arts in 1e kejak comes across as larger than life being the petty trivial grievances others have for him. There is nothing awe inspiring about 3e kejak.
>>
>>86818826
>>86818860
I don't see any noticeable difference. It's the same old Kejak, they just use different words.
>>86819064
That has nothing to do with the supposed "total rewriting" that they mentioned before.
In any case, that is an opinion, nothing more. I don't see practically any difference between what is said about the character in 1E and 3E.
>>
>>86819064
Why should I have awe for him as a GM? Its much more useful to detail how he actually is as a person than what reads like, I dunno, the Supreme Kai telling Goku about how super strong Majin Buu is.
>>
>>86819091
Perhaps it's more of a tone and setting issue. The tone for kejak in 1e is just a lot different than 3e. The simple change of he can't sleep anymore because he feels bad versus he can't smile and has no more tears to shed and doesn't anymore present two different people.
>>
>>86819196
For me it's the same with different words, but for other people it might feel different, but it's the same character, with maybe some nuance and a different one or one trait or another emphasized.
That Kejak doesn't cry or that he prefers to avoid sleeping because he has nightmares for me they come to say the same thing, that the weight of what he had to do torments him. For someone else it might be a lot different, for me it makes no difference.
The only sure thing is that this is not a complete rewrite.
>>
>>86816007
Based and sarcasm-pilled
>>
>>86819272
Not really.
One implies he is more emotional than the other.
That goes against his portrayal as a stoic that goes more in line with being unable to sleep rather than wanting to cry and being unable to.
>>
>>86819422
Well the old kejak no longer has feelings of puty or remorse they died in him a long time ago.
>>
>>86819091
The biggest changes are about his powers, both personal and social.
Also, he isn't the oldest or strongest exalted anymore.
>>
>>86816961
Unless someone grabs a Grand Killstick because giant hammers are cool and starts one-shotting anything that doesn't have a perfect defense
>>
>>86819473
Meh, gay shit.
Being a stoic and having the urge to cry and choose not to is more bad ass than becoming a husk from crying too much.
>>
>>86819036
Ayesha Ura is more changed than Chejop, since the Gold Faction is the most changed of the two Sidereal factions; they're not purely focused on the Solars (although Ayesha leads the largest pro-Solar subfaction) and are more the label given to anyone who seeks radical departures from the Bronze status quo. Tammiz Ushun, her previous incarnation and advocate for the Vision of Gold, no longer exists. Thus, her change in outlook from Bronze to Gold is more a personal reaction to the atrocities that Chejop and the Bronze Faction allowed to go on during the Shogunate, and finally breaking away entirely after the Contagion because all of those atrocities were for absolutely nothing now. Also added is that she was, prior to Exaltation, adopted by an Immaculate Monk and became a skilled theologian and preacher later on.

She's also not the uncontested leader of the Golds anymore; while she's the best candidate for leadership (which the Golds have never really had) thanks to the Cult of the Illuminated, she's contested by Sing-in-Songs-of-Steel, another Sidereal who wants to hasten the fall of the Realm rather than focus on this Solar nonsense, and the Empty Thrones, who are a faction within the Golds that want to keep the lack of leadership and overarching agenda.
>>
File: 3977075-kidale.jpg (66 KB, 420x640)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>86819646
>Sing-in-Songs-of-Steel, another Sidereal who wants to hasten the fall of the Realm rather than focus on this Solar nonsense,
Why?

>and the Empty Thrones, who are a faction within the Golds that want to keep the lack of leadership and overarching agenda.
How many subfactions a few dozen of exalted can have?
>>
>>86819646
I appreciate that the division between Gold and Bronze this edition isn't based exclusively on the Solars - it's more of a "Status Quo" and "Break the Status Quo" thing, which roughly aligns them to the previous editions' positions, but doesn't require them to be based on something only like 5 people in the modern day have experience with.

>>86819698
They're less political factions so much as they are cliques with shared plans.
>>
>>86819714
>only like 5 people in the modern day have experience with.
Sidereals can live for thousands years, and gods are biologically immortals.
>>
>>86819745
The Gold and Bronze divide have always been a Sidereal thing most gods don't align with, and there's explicitly only a few people left over from the original political divide
>>
>>86819698
It doesn't go into Sing-in-Tongues-of-Steel's ideals (got the name wrong the first time), but I would assume he or she or they or whatever (no pronouns whatsoever used for this person) might get a write-up in either the NPC part of the book or the side book they're making, and in general, the Realm is the Bronze's greatest modern achievement, so tearing it down is a great way to weaken their faction.

>How many subfactions a few dozen of exalted can have?
Eh, they're more like people with clout and differing ideals than subfactions, on second read.
>>
>>86819590
He was never the strongest, even in 2E. Even among Sidereals Anys Syn and Holok were far more combat focused, Kejak's stat block was pretty restrained by comparison.
>>
>>86819714
iirc that was mostly how things were in past editions anyway, the solar argument was more of an excuse for any malcontents to undermine the bronze's plans out of spite than a practical political point(not like most if any were actually putting effort into trying to find the jade prison), just banded together as "golds" to gain a coherent party name and mascot so bronze sids can't pick them apart the way both sides did the irrelevant independents(and also to that tiny faction of people who just want to get shit done instead of play office politics). we see some of their internal division with the cult of illuminated iirc, look how different ketter rock's "tame the solars" was to what that gold sid did with just inflicting lyta on the world
>>
>>86819777
sings-in-tongues-of-steel is above your puny pronouns. sings-in-tongues-of-steel is to be referred to only in third person proper even by sings-in-tongues-of-steel. so says sings-in-tongues-of-steel.
>>
>>86819777
This makes the writing nonsensical, not giving SiToS an actual objective.

>>86819796
I talking about the mentions in his 1e write up.
>>
>>86819807
Gold were always petty assholes but this example does nothing to show that they weren't all about Solars.
>>
The Cult of the Illuminated is the biggest change to past stuff I've read, as the devs express the opinion that they weren't happy with how it was in 1e on.

The gist of the changes is that the Cult of the Illuminated is no longer an Immaculate off-shoot, but rather the many scattered descendants of a latter Shogunate mystery cult started by an elemental court of Garda Birds (the original "Shining Ones"). These cults largely have their own individual traditions depending on where they wound up after being scattered by the Contagion, but all believe in the return of the Shining Ones. Gold Faction members, led by Ayesha Ura in this operation, have convinced the members of many of these branches that the Solars are the Shining Ones, turning these cults into support groups for Solars. This project started before the breaking of the Jade Prison, but because Ayesha and friends did a good job in converting many Illuminated cults to this belief, they were able to adapt more quickly than the Bronzes and other Golds did to the return.

Generally, it has the same purpose as before; the Sids help shelter them from the Wyld Hunt, and adopt resplendent destinies as The Friendly Priest or The Dragon-blooded Veteran or so on to teach their Solar students in matters of martial competence, social etiquette and rhetoric, invention, and more, eventually teaching them the secret history of the world and extending an offer of alliance to the Solar (rather than trying to rule them from behind the throne like in 1e).
>>
>>86819963
that is way lamer
>>
>>86819840
>This makes the writing nonsensical, not giving SiToS an actual objective.
Do you mean motivation? Destroying the Realm is a pretty clear objective and its obvious enough what the benefits could be for the Gold Faction.
>>
>>86819963
The essence of the Cult of the Illuminated remains unchanged. The Golden Faction co-opts an existing cult and uses it for their purposes, presenting the Solars as shining ones.
The diaspora explains why they are everywhere, including the blessed island.
Many changes appear to be arriving at the same place by a different path.
It doesn't particularly bother me or like it. I can use that version of the cult the same as the original equally. It doesn't make a big difference to me, nor does it seem better or worse than the original. It is the same but for different reasons.
>>
>>86819963
I like some of the other changes to the Gold Faction, but I hate this. How the hell did this Garda Bird cult survive 800 years without finding any actual Garda Birds to worship, only to be completely tracked down and infiltrated by Sidereals nearly instantly?

> extending an offer of alliance to the Solar (rather than trying to rule them from behind the throne like in 1e).
Barf. Listen 3e devs, I know you want all the Exalts to play nicey-nice with each other so they can meat in a tavern and go slay rats to level up, but the game was set up so that the sides would have reasons to get into conflicts with each other. This makes the gold faction morons who learned absolutely nothing from the First Age and have no plan to try to stop Solar madness from starting right back up.
>>
>>86819635
Kejak is a 4000+ year old exalt. If it wasn't for raken sue. He'd be the canonically oldest exalt in existence. He's supposed to come off as near inhumane and amoral. He does what he feels is right regardless of the loss of life or misery it imposes. So utterly convinced of his righteousness that he can't be swayed.
>>
>>86819963
Doesn't seem so; I also was never fond of the Cult of the Illuminated being the devs going "both sides are the saaaaame, man". It was very Gen X in mindset. Also the changes to who exactly the Cult is targeting for recruitment (Thresholders vs Realm peasants in 1e) is smart (why would you try to convert the people least likely to like Solars to your cult) and makes it seem like the Golds have actually had an original idea for once in their life rather than just copying the Bronze's essay and changing a few words in it.
>>
>>86820014
Yeah, you are right, I used the wrong word.
The overly emphasis on the Realm self-destruction warped my perception of the setting.

> Destroying the Realm is a pretty clear objective and its obvious enough what the benefits could be for the Gold Faction.
How? And why SiTos wants it gone?
>>
>>86820065
Dammit, meant to reply to >>86819995.

>>86820051
>How the hell did this Garda Bird cult survive 800 years without finding any actual Garda Birds to worship, only to be completely tracked down and infiltrated by Sidereals nearly instantly?
The cult was never about worshiping the Garda Birds, just learning their brand of philosophy, theology, and artistic inclinations. These off-shoot cults were founded during the greatest blow to the retention of written knowledge in history, the Great Contagion (which kills Garda Birds as well as it kills mortal men and women), and then later mixed in with wherever they wound up in Creation. Its less that these cults survived untouched in their prior form and more that the Gold Faction can locate these descendant cults (presumably with their previously established talents at getting knowledge that others would find difficult to gather together) by finding the ones that still retain the myth of the return of the "Shining Ones" and pulling on that thread.
>>
>>86819631
Who doesn;t have a perfect defence in 2e?
>>
>>86820249
Ma-Ha-Suchi?
>>
File: 1431019457197.jpg (130 KB, 700x555)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>86820279
He has Lunar Hero Style, he doesn't need one
>>
>>86820067
>How?
How do they want to destroy the Realm or how it would benefit the Gold Faction? For the former, all they need to do is keep on sabotaging the Bronze Faction and tug on potentially nasty fates that lead to a civil war and it has a good chance of going belly up within a decade. For the latter, the Bronze Faction's biggest ally/resource is the Realm; it provides an ample amount of boots on the ground, mortal and Exalted, to enact the plans of wise Bronze Faction viziers. Destroying the Realm means that there's no more armies invading a place that the Bronze Faction thinks needs the iron fist of the Realm upon it in order to fight off a Wyld Zone nearby, less allied Dragon-blooded that can interrupt a Gold Faction member's own work, and so on.
>>86820051
>Barf. Listen 3e devs, I know you want all the Exalts to play nicey-nice with each other so they can meat in a tavern and go slay rats to level up, but the game was set up so that the sides would have reasons to get into conflicts with each other. This makes the gold faction morons who learned absolutely nothing from the First Age and have no plan to try to stop Solar madness from starting right back up.
I mean, Ketchup Carjack got hundreds of millions of people killed usurping the Solars, and no longer has the Visions of Bronze and Gold to point to in order to back his argument up. Those born after that would likely view any of his arguments (which are probably good, considering he got so many allies to do it in the first place) with a grain of salt, as a sort of "history is written by the victors" thing by someone with a proven body count alleging that his enemies would've had a higher one had he not stopped them.
>>
>>86820051
>Barf. Listen 3e devs, I know you want all the Exalts to play nicey-nice with each other so they can meat in a tavern and go slay rats to level up, but the game was set up so that the sides would have reasons to get into conflicts with each other. This makes the gold faction morons who learned absolutely nothing from the First Age and have no plan to try to stop Solar madness from starting right back up.
It is inconsistent, like the 3e!Realm and 3e!Lookshy not teaming up to fight against Mask of Winters, despite them doing it to fight any Anathema.
>>
>>86820379
>It is inconsistent, like the 3e!Realm and 3e!Lookshy not teaming up to fight against Mask of Winters, despite them doing it to fight any Anathema.
Why would the former do that? Thorns happens a year into the disappearance of the Scarlet Empress, right around the same time everyone starts thinking, "Oh shit, she's not coming back, I gotta start hiring mercs, shit's gonna go down!" There's no longer cohesive leadership, just a bunch of Great Houses that are now eyeing each other with suspicion; why would they bother wasting legions on an Anathema weirdo and his spooky ghost friend (as they have no idea how truly dangerous he is) when they want as many of them as they can get for when they start killing each other. Lookshy can deal with them on its own if they want to, but there's zero benefit for the Realm to go after it from the available information they have.
>>
>>86814900
how many mortals would it take to drag away an (unattended and unattuned) suit of orichalcum plate and grand goremaul and how long should it take them to get it out of the inn and into a cart?
>>
>>86820456
Because in 3e, every single Dragon-Blooded faction is willing to put aside their differences in order to hunt down anathemas.
The book even talked how this formed deep friendships between dynasts and some DBs from Lookshy.
>>
>>86820479
If these mortals are reasonably fit, I'd say three-four per item (if they're trying to get it all in one go). If they have time to take the armor apart, that'd probably help a lot if there's many of them, but I'd say like 10 minutes to cart that shit away. It's basically like carrying a couple of anvils.
>>
>>86820456
it's not like he's off fucking over gem or whatever, this is far far too close to ignore
>>
>>86814900
>TQ
Same as when portraying any fantasy religion. Research a faith you find interesting (combining is also fine), add an element or two you think would make for a good chronicle, and season with bits of trivia to enrich the setting. For what NOT to do, check out the dullest franchise in the history of tabletop game franchises.

Seriously, each episode following the tokenized Exalts and their mortal cocksleeves from Creation as they fight assorted foes has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the generic fantasy art and kitschy political pandering, the games’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of dice tricks, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when White Wolf sold all their gamelines to Paradox; they made sure their games would never be mistaken for works of art that meant anything to anybody, just increasingly unprofitable Kickstarter scams. The Exalted gameline might be anti-Tolkien (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-LOTR in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the crunch is better though
"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a supernatural force came up, the author wrote instead it was "numinous".

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Vance and Minton's minds are so governed by Twitter and Reddit that they have no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Exalted by the same RPGnet. They wrote something to the effect of, "If these people are playing Exalted at 16 or 17, then when they get older they will go on to get HRT and love Communism." And they were quite right. They were not being ironic. When you play "Exalted" you are, in fact, trained to read Marx.
>>
>>86820514
>Because in 3e, every single Dragon-Blooded faction is willing to put aside their differences in order to hunt down anathemas.
Yes, anon, they do when they can; Lookshy is specifically mentioned as having many people trying to entice Realm House to join in an invasion to oust the Anathema from Thorns.. This does not mean that they abandon the realities of realpolitik to do so. Think: there is no Empress, therefore there is no supreme commander of the allied forces. Who can give the order to the legions to invade? The Houses aren't in charge of the legions yet, so they can't do it. The general of an individual legion could do it, but any of them around that area is probably thinking about what if the Empress comes back, gets suspicious of this upstart who abandoned their post to join her enemies in attacking a place without her command, and kills them? Regent Fokuf, if he was "elected" at this time, can't make a single order or he'll be punched so hard he explodes by the nearest Dynast. The military Houses could do it, but Tepet is currently tied up with a Solar in the North, and Houses Cathak and Sesus are not going to want to waste legions if the Empress does not return when it can be used to defend themselves from each other if things go bad. The Mask of Winters chose the perfect time to invade; there's such a small window for there to be a response by either party and neither accomplish it because Lookshy is exceedingly wary of going after these new enemies without Realm support, and the Realm has no authority to direct them to do so.
>>
>>86820554
>Same as when portraying any fantasy religion. Research a faith you find interesting (combining is also fine), add an element or two you think would make for a good chronicle, and season with bits of trivia to enrich the setting
It is easier with archetypal gods like bloody hands & field guards.

>Vance and Minton's minds are so governed by Twitter and Reddit
It is more forums and discord, Holden is the Twitter guy.
>>
File: Gong_Adversaries.jpg (124 KB, 680x440)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
Strange, they removed the prophecy but not the great curse.

Also, where art-anon went?
>>
>>86821100
They couldn't when it is a big mechanic in the game and the core book establishes it as a fact.
>>
File: 1404648985331.jpg (183 KB, 1024x768)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>86821100
>Also, where art-anon went?
He abandoned us, as we all knew he would
>>
File: Space_marine.jpg (814 KB, 1200x1200)
814 KB
814 KB JPG
How badly does a Social focused solar mating press the 40k universe? I think within a century they could have an empire of at least 50 worlds.
>>
>>86821314
The primary limit on a social Solar is infrastructure to project their message. On a world with sophisticated communication technology and no powerful natives, the Solar could take over practically overnight. On a world with Stone Age tech and powerful psykers or similar threats, it could take decades or longer. As to effecting the galaxy at large, it’d be very similar to introducing a new Primarch or Emperor. So very possible but an uphill battle with a lot of obstacles, esp. since even Emps waited for the board to be swept clean before he made his move. Open defiance would be much harder then just subverting the High Lords of Terra.
>>
>>86821375
>Solar shows up
>"I'm the best"
>Everyone: This guy's the best
>Solar: ok now send this message saying I'm the best to 300 planets
>All those planets: He's the best

Who could stop him?
>>
>>86821314
If he's a Bureaucracy specialist, he could very easily take over the Imperium. The Administratum could use a top-to-bottom rework, and a Solar with a fuckton of Bureaucracy charms could actually accomplish that, given even half a chance.
>>
>>86821406
Guilliman would refuse to let the Solar boy be in charge. So we'd have another Imperium Civil War.
>>
>>86821406
The Administratum doesn't have the technology to manage an empire the size of the Imperium. It doesn't matter how good you are at running a bureaucracy if the messages and ships you're sending between planets can't make it there on time.
>>
>>86821431
A Solar could be able to make the web way a reality.
Solars can grow astonishingly fast in a short amount of time so he could become adept at combat and crafting too eventually.
>>
>>86821314
>>86821463
A fun alternative idea could be a techpriest exalting as a Craft Supernal Twilight. Blessed by the fuckin' Omnissiah, for all he asks of you.
>>
>>86821487
He would be able to bring the Imperium back to the DaoT in under a century. With a couple lore charms you can look at any tech and be like "I understand that now". Even if it's some Dark Age Dark matter cannon.
>>
>>86820064
Sounds like the writters just can't cope with people being stoic.
You are either Steven universe and cry for everything of you become a cold hearted inhuman machine.
>>
File: Yu-Shan.jpg (1.19 MB, 2000x1348)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
Funny enough, the ways they've touched up Yu-Shan give me a lot of hope for the Underworld when we get Abyssals. Neither realm was particularly great for adventures, since they didn't have much going on in them aside from spirits being assholes at each other, but the Yu-Shan chapter of the new manuscript is actually showing a setting I wouldn't mind running adventures in. There's plenty of locales, different factions to lean on, a description of the criminal underworld, even a DnD style dungeon or three. If they can give the Underworld the same treatment, maybe it'll stop being the incredibly hostile place nobody ever wants to set a game in.
>>
File: FiQQQEoXoAA8h08.jpeg.jpg (594 KB, 1000x750)
594 KB
594 KB JPG
>>86821839
It is WW (OP), all or nothing is their motto.
See Desus.
>>
>>86816112
Puncher is also less of a headache than grappler. Also you can get the basic grapple charms and then use hyperspeed solar headbutt on your adversary.
>>
>>86816112
Why not do both? They're both in Brawl. In which case you'll want to be a puncher with a few grapple charms for when you want to ruin one particular guy's day.
>>
>>86821397
The tremendous amount of time sending messages like that could take. The inability to project rulership or dominion without continuous communication. And lastly the possibility of someone coming in and killing him for his presumptuousness unless he's also a mighty warrior. This tends to be the big limit in my game for my group's Eclipse. Social media, global markets, and international organizations mean its a golden age for social-fu, but if you project too much, too far, too fast, someone's going to come and try to kill you.
>>
>>86814900
Did we dodge a bullet that Holden isn't the writer of ex3 anymore?
>>
>>86823163
We didn't dodge that bullet; they still fucked up Core.
>>
>>86814900
Although this is Exwod, it might give us insight on the original draft for the Getimians.
>>
>>86823223
Cont but with the Nightmares

>>86823163
This for the Revelers.
>>
>>86823163
I'm still on the fence about that.

On the one hand, in terms of tone and theme his writing feels more like Exalted and less like something that has been combed over by a committee to be as friendly and welcoming as possible. Betrayal. Horror. All that good stuff.

On the other hand, when he decides a stupid idea MUST be included it WILL be forced through even if nobody actually wants Liminals, and his systems lowball like crazy and have extremely specific, situational options that feel more like the game he wants you to play than the game you want to play.

On the third hand yeah, Core is botched and as a result every other Exalt type will have a better selection of War Charms than Solars.
>>
>>86823163
Nah I like Holden's writting more than the new devs, what he has put out in EXVSWOD and the Demake makes me think the other guy I don't remember his name is the one that fucked everything up.
>>
>>86823163
>The power that moves within the Revelers is that of a great and ancient demon, already long-
forgotten when the first walls of Babylon rose up, nameless well before the last mammoth passed from the Earth. This power was never set apart from the demon: it is the demon, who split
himself into a gift of spiritual power and transformed his very nature in order to escape from
Hell. He did not grant Exaltation: he became it, and in a sense lives still within the blood and
breath and fervor of his Revelers.
This is more optimistic than the alleged suicide I was told it was. Based Isidoros got free, and became more powerful than ever in a way since the whole point of Exaltation is to surpass your limits.
>>
>>86823163
>This is the closest thing we'll ever get to a canon Isidoros charmset
>>
>>86823283
hatewheel was his pen name. But yeah I think holden isn't completely terrible but he does have a lot of terrible ideas. Rakan thulo was his invention. The super special sidereal who's not only older than the formerly oldest canonical exalt but a primordial war survivor and able to surpass the maidens.

Like I have no problems with sidereals sidestepping their death, but there are ways to do it that don't sound like absolute stupidity.
>>
>>86823163
Doesn't need to be anything other than an Infernal caste. It even uses the same "Yozis becoming one with their Chosen to escape from Hell" thing as demake Infernals. The idea of a frat party-themed Exalt splat is ridiculous, and they're so easy to permanently kill that I don't know how they survived long enough to get shoved into the Black Vault to begin with. They have no plot hooks or anything to do with their power other than start a Revel and get killed by the PCs.

>>86823223
First few paragraphs make them seem like they're ripped off from Glitch. They don't really seem to have a reason to exist. It seems like they'd become nothing but a bunch of crazy hobos with magic powers who eventually all get killed by the Technocracy because there's no one to tell them not to publicly use magic and then be forgotten about before a new one is born to repeat the cycle.

>>86823233
Feels like a WoD monster splat. Hilariously the Lunar foil splat have lost the compulsion to hate Lunars in Limit Break because the odds of even meeting a Lunar are so low it would never mater anyway. Wretch is super hilarious because your evil Hulk form just wants to lock itself inside and not do anything.

>>86823477
I believe Nephiphal wrote and posted one after he stopped working for the company.
>>
>>86823477
Revlid is good enough for me, but his charm set only has 1 Shintai, and the perfect defense is dodge.
I want Isidoros to have a perfect soak, since he probably won't even notice the attack.
>>
>>86820604
>Hello Lookshy Daimiyo, we're a team of Anathema but we want to kill the Deathlord Mask of Winter. Should we kill him and his skeletons please let us live in here as we have proved that Anathema can be good
>>
>>86823816
https://dawn-of-the-devil-tigers.obsidianportal.com/wikis/isidoros
>>
>>86823855
I don't know, Revlid's always struck me as a bit weak. This one feels like it can actually go toe to toe with other Solaroids.

>>86823816
I remember that one. Not sure how I feel about it's size-dependent mechanics though; I prefer the emphasis on the black hole-ness.
>>
What do you think of Essence?
>>
>>86824676
I think the playtest manuscript we got has an immense number of bugs and editing errors, and proper judgement should be withheld until final release so that those are smoothed out.

Assuming that they are, however, it'll be my preferred way to play 3e.
>>
>>86824676
It had a chance to wow me and botched it. I'm not optimistic as a result.
>>
>>86823532
I just like the idea of having a Xehanort out there to be an end-game boss.
>>
>>86824676
Some of the charm sets are underwhelming, but it did remarkably well at taking a shared set of charms and still making some strong power level and thematic differences out of it and yet at the same time keeping a mixed group feasible.
>>
Odd question, but if you turn a waypoint into Creation how much would you get and/or how much of Creation would you need to dissolve into the Wyld would make a new waypoint?
>>
>>86825177
Never mind, found an answer right after I asked, waypoint to Creation makes an area roughly 30 miles in diameter so I figure the reverse can work (though the conversion back is probably much looser)
>>
>>86823233

Uh, interesting I actually like this idea even if the execution is a bit iffy.
>>
>>86823532
Holden is like Joss Whedon. Buffy was great as a tv show, but when they continued the show as comics Joss, no longer constrained by a budget or physics went completely batshit off the wall crazy. Great ideas guy, but needs limits imposed on the more radical ideas.
>>
>>86823163
Definitely if you are a fan of Lunars.

>>86823223
>>86823233
How do they compare with the appendix trio?
>>
>>86823163
Have we gotten any more on Sidereals or Infernals?
>>
I’ve read the new Sid release and now I am mad (not really, more like sad and exasperated now). PREPARE FOR THE MULTI-PART LONGPOST.

Tag list:
>retcon
Pointless, stupid and/or harmful changes to the setting.
>whitewashing
Elements of the setting altered because of modern sensibilities.
>woke
Blatant agenda pushing.
>implications
This has an impact on the setting that the devs fail to consider.
>cringe
Indicates my personal negative opinion, disregard for more objective analysis.

Firstly, holy shit this opening quote. “Whosoever would undertake some atrocious enterprise should act as if it were already accomplished, should impose upon himself a future as irrevocable as the past”. They are mocking us at this point, aren’t they?

1. Definition of Celestial Bureaucracy states that it is a multitude that includes Terrestrial gods in Creation, as opposed to being a structure of divine hierarchy as it was when the term was introduced in RoGD.
>implications

2. Five-Score Fellowship is now Fivescore Fellowship. A fine example of Ophidian Urge 5: Introduce changes to Exalted. Even MS Word thinks it was a mistake. Seriously just how, how fucking petty you must be to make such a change? I cringe every time I read it in the text.
>retcon

3. “This is the secret history young Sidereals are taught by their mentors.” So this blatantly false text is how elder Sidereals gaslight and brainwash their young to follow their agenda? Makes sense.

4. Ah yes, now “The Divine Revolution” instead of the Primordial War. And Usurpation is now Solar Purge.
> whitewashing, cringe

5. “when the Sidereals entered the fray, reality itself trembled”. Dude, it was the Primordial War. Reality was fucked on the permanent basis, stop hyping up the sids. Especially with the original dev’s comments about the Sidereal’s very limited arsenal of charms.
>cringe
>>
>>86825831
EXvsWoD Lunars are relatively boring super-werewolves compared to even Exalted Essence, so I'll second you there.
>>
>>86825879
– aw shit, here we go again. Sorcery was not a thing back then.
>retcon, implications

7. “reality-warping martial arts beyond even the old ones’ ken” – ah, yes, the same reality-warping magic that was based on the simulated essence patterns of the same old ones and reality they designed.
>cringe

8 – Jade Prison was hidden in the Constellation of Mask, but shattered under its power, causing the Arcane Fate. Holy fuck, where do I even begin with this one.
8.1. Why the fuck would pattern spiders and Mask-related gods ever agree to this shit? Why the pattern spiders did not bite the Bronze Sids’ threads of fate to the inch of their existences for hundreds of years to come? Why the fuck the gods of Bureau of Destiny who are unaffected by the Arcane Fate would not audit and censure the Bronze faction and never allow than near the Loom again? How could nobody notice the threat beforehand?
>retcon, implications, cringe
8.2. Why the fuck would writers absolve the Sids of all responsibility for breaking the fundamental aspect of reality and making it just an oopsie, thus removal their full culpability in the matter of their Arcane Fate being a thing? They deliberately broke the Mask in previous edition in an effort to escape punishment for fucking things up, I remind you (see 8.1).
>retcon, whitewashing, implications, cringe

9. “While they could never hope to control the Shogunate’s Dragon-Blooded rulers” – Threefold Binding of Heart is a thing, social charms are a thing, astrology is a thing, difference in power level is huge, what the fuck am I reading.
>whitewashing, implications, cringe
>>
>>86825885
10. “faerie”. God fucking damn it, do these fucking writers OR editors even know why the Raksha are called Raksha, and fairy and similar sounding words were never used to describe them? Every page of this shit is a new low. Fair Folk 1e, page fucking 11, did you fucking read it? How can anyone be so disrespectful to the work of their predecessors, the one you use and build upon?
>complete ignorance of the Exalted writing and setting style’s foundations, cringe

11. Ah, yes, the rogue sid Thulio. So it is Fivescoreminusone Fellowship now?
>retcon, woke, implications, cringe

12. Getiminas existing as a separate Exalt type.
>retcon, implications

13. “Getimians (..) launch lightning raids against the hallowed spires of Yu-Shan”. Bruh. What. This is so retarded, I don’t even.

13. “she and her bride”. Bitch, please, why is it she and she is by a strange coincidence only in the vignette with the wedding, and not others? Stop fucking pushing it down my throat.
>woke

14. “Elders help young Chosen of the Maidens cope”. Apt. “encouraging them to meet Sidereals of similar age or inclination” – the whole three of them. What is this, hugbox central?
>whitewashing, cringe

15. “Most accept”. Yes, and if they refuse, the priceless and unique asset can just go on their merry way for the next 5000 years. Come the fuck on.
>whitewashing, implications
>>
>>86825896
16. “some missions may seem bizarre or pointless, the Sidereals assigned to them aren’t kept in the dark.” They’re briefed etc. But that was half of the fun! Seriously though, no. Even people in real world’s bureaucracies have no idea wtf are they doing half of the time. Nobody would coddle the sids with to save their feelings and make them feel needed and fulfilled.
>whitewashing

17. They have time for personal agendas. Yeah, at the expect of some random city swallowes by the Wyld or a minor civil war or two. No biggie.
>whitewashing

18. “Independent Sidereals who turn down the Bureau’s recruitment efforts are free to pursue their own goals in Creation”. “it doesn’t hunt down rogue Sidereals” Ahahaha, they fucking seriously wrote this.
>whitewashing, implications, cringe

19. “The more recent a past life, the greater the clarity and detail. Memories of the First Age tend to be hazy and nondescript”. Yeah, how about those right next in line after the First Age elders, like Ayesha Ura born during the Usurpation, hmm? Figures.
>implications, cringe
>>
>>86825900
19. “As gods died of the plague en masse”. “disease seeped through Heaven’s gateways, ravaging Yu-Shan as it did Creation”. Oh boy, way to miss the fucking point. The gods were not affected, AND thay possessed Celestial Wine that could cure the Contagion. They shut the gates only in response to Fair Folk invasion. This, again, absolves the Celestial gods of responsibility for abandoning Creation, and also fails to mention the gods who actually saved people by smuggling the wine to Creation.
>retcon, whitewashing, implications

20. “Fae legions”. See # 10. Twice? Twice as embarrassing.
>unprofessional, cringe

21. Gods died and were replaced by their incompetent subordinates. That’s why things are shit! And not because of lazy fuckers still celebrating the overthrow of Primordials and give no fucks about anything! Oh, and the knowledge was lost! How FUCKING convenient! Nobody is to blame! Genius writing! It’s not like Exalted is about power and consequences, things just happened – how unfortunate. Bad luck. A turn of fate, one might say. Wait…
>retcon, whitewashing, implications, cringe

22. Ah, so there are older Sidereals, huh. Why # 19 then?

23. Bureau of Seasons splitting off from Bureau of Nature. Since when is this a thing? For what purpose?
>retcon
>>
>>86825904
24. Nysela domain is changed for some reason. No more Heavenly Duty. For what purpose? And she is the UCS’s daughter now? Oh boy, this is even more dysfunctional one-sided relationship with this. Also, tell me more about the Sun’s chariot she drove, hehehe. Does it have a name? Is the first letter “D”? (I was talking about the Daystar. What did you think it was?).
>retcon, white?wahsing, daddy issues

25. Yaogin has miraculously recovered and is no longer on drugs and absent from his job, I see. How nice, no potential problems or conflicts! Thank you devs from removing them and being considerate!
>retcon, whitewashing

26. ” Ivory Circle” They have necromancy circles renamed now? Why? Just why do they make this pointless changes?
>retcon

27. Directional Conventions are renamed. Again. For what purpose but to create discrepancies with the existing material? Will it never end?
>retcon

28. “Rakan Thulio, eldest of the Fivescore Fellowship”. Yeeees, he is so powerful and gay and powerful and gay, and he is the eeeeeldest Sidereal! Take that Carjack, you old fool! But not as old as Thulio, see.
>retcon, pure cringe

29. “By aligning their Essence’s nature with Sidereal Martial Arts styles, they’re able to access the Enlightenment keyword” - separate your fucking in and out of universe descriptions.
>cringe

30. Several agents defected to Thulio. Is it Fourscore Fellowship now?
>implications
>>
>>86825896
>pushing it down my throat

It's funny how it's only ever the right-wing types who compare about "sheeple" who regularly use this copycat phrase.
>>
>>86825909
31. “the Black Heron, an assassin-queen of Stygia” – I’d sooner believe that the Lion gave her enough leeway to become a queen than the Deathlords and Dual Monarchy both tolerate a Deathlord being a queen of any kind in the precariously neutral Stygya.
>retcon, implications

32. “Mouth of Peace, offering her guidance not just as a Sidereal puppetmaster, but as a friend and confidant. He suspects that the current Mouth may have seen past his arcane fate”. Hahaha, oh wow. What a story.
>retcon, whitewashing

33. “Her great political opponents” were never before mentioned. And what a pivot in the Gold faction’s leadership values! How friendly and inclusive of them.
>retcon, whitewashing

34. “The Gold Faction’s projects are as numerous and diverse as its members”. So there’s like, 10 to 15?
>woke, cringe

35. Cult of the Illuminated. “On one memorable occasion, a Gold Faction meeting was derailed by a debate over the respective merits of Shen Aru’s contemplations on forgiveness and Thousand Righteous Whispers’ treatise on ethical governance”. Ugh. I’m going to die of the concentration of liberal values here.
>retcon, whitewashing, implications, woke, cringe – 5/5 COMBO!
>>
>>86825914
36. “Red-Handed Kijamano oversees Kether Rock”. Where is Maduka Shin? Why, why again with pointless changes? Because of the new free and democratic Cult probably.
>retcon, whitewashing, woke

37. Poor Lytec got shafted.
>retcon

38. Ak-Lanir is “they”. Come on now. He, she, or it. You are the omniscient narrator.
>woke

39. “Amoth City-Smiter, Sub-Director of Tumbled Ruins”. Come on, man. He is the god of Tumbled Ruins, and the sub-director of Bribery and Finance. This is extremely embarrassing.
>retcon, whitewashing, cringe

40. Flasing Peak is a perfect bureaucrat now. Uh-huh.
>whitewashing

41. Also, why are her and Talons’s titles changed?
>retcon

42. “Ardis-Iara” and siblings – how many children of the UCS do you need in one book? Also, “they”.
>woke, cringe, implications

43. Bureau of Seasons retcon. And it was separate from the Aerial legion for some reason. Structure and operations and everything is retconned as well. Just WHYYYY?
>retcon

44.Ghataru’ s whole character retconned. Why?
>retcon

45. Nasri’s name changed to Kanasri. Dude. They are fucking with me. Title also changed.
>retcon, cringe
>>
>>86825916
46. “Gods typically reproduce sexually”. And all our established metaphysical ecology is fucked. Yep. Just like that.
>retcon, implications

47. “Fair Folk’s embassy in Heaven”.
>retcon, implications, whitewashing

48. “hosts envoys from demons such as Amalion, Lucien, or Oscytell in his estate” – just fuck you, man.
>retcon, implications, whitewashing

49. Why the Yu-Shan’s shape no longer mirrors the Blessed Isle?
>retcon, implications?

50. Changes in timeline for no reason.
>retcon

51. “Peaceful protests” thing, really?
>woke, cringe

52. “power of Yu-Shan’s elite seems inescapable, those who’ve fought for change have shaped Heaven’s history. The labor strike that birthed the Bureau of Seasons” – just fucking stop with glorifying your political program.
>retcon, woke, cringe

53. Quintessence is absent when talking about Yu-Shan’s economy.
>retcon

54. Sidereal job security and formal protection against the law. How nice, now not even an audit can trouble the precious players’ experience.
>retcon, whitewashing

55. Gates to Heaven now are different. Anything can be one. There is an unlimited number of those.
>retcon, implications
>>
>>86825920
56. “Not every gate is overseen by the Celestial Bureaucracy”. Of course.
>retcon, Implications

57. “Not every manse and demesne is spoken for”. Do you even understand how valuable a Manse is? Apparently not.

58. Night and day cycle no longer depends on the Games, only the weather. Of course, why would we have something unique and interesting in out setting, amirite?
>retcon, cringe

59. Why is the Bureau of Heavens HQ, the Hall of Celestial Stability, is in the center of the city now, and not in the eastern Fulgent Administrative District? Are you trying to make things difficult at this point?
>retcon

60. Why is it NAMED DIFFERNETLY, motherfucking WHY? Not fucking numinous enough for you hacks? Or not a single one of you have bothered to read previous material?
>retcon, cringe

61. “the legions of chaos spilled into Heaven through the district’s heavenly gate”, “district is now a bordermarch”. When full retard is not enough, we can always go fuller retard.
>>
>>86825929
STATISTICS
Pretty sure I made a mistake ot two in the count, but out of 61 notes, about 70% contain retcons, with 43% containing major implications that change aspects of the setting, while the rest are utterly pointless changes like renaming something because fuck you. Wokeness takes only about 15% of the notes, with most being not even LGBT, but just the general leftism. About 46% of the notes contain what I would classify as very poor writing. About 40% also contain the safespace and current day changes to promote inoffensiveness and isolate the player from any actual thought-provoking problem or unfair treatment their PCs may be subjected to in-game.

CONCLUSION
This is not even a vehicle for political agenda anymore. This is pure, concentrated effort on dismantling Exalted as en established setting, as admitted in the opening quote. A large number of changes I cannot describe as anything but gaslighting – changing names (Nasri to Kanasri, for example), locations, minor characters and so on, for seemingly no purpose than to subject people who are well-versed in the Exalted setting to “Everything you know is wrong” effect, and further separate their private version of Exalted from everything that came before. The rest introduce sweeping changes to key aspect of the setting, like ecology of spirits, metaphysics, history and large-scale political situation for no apparent reason.
The only way this can be salvaged is the whole book being a giant meta mindfuck – namely, to reveal in the later chapters that it is actually a Getimian splatbook, not the Sidereal one. This is unlikely to happen.
As it stands, by the end of core splatbooks, it will be a completely different setting with some familiar names remaining, while metaphysics, history, relationships, characters and everything else we know and love will be replaced.

(end post)
>>
didn't read
>>
>>86825952
I know, Vance. It was self-evident.
>>
>>86825879
What's wrong with the Siddies calling the Usurpation the Solar Purge? The siddies are the ones writing the history books and "The Usurpation" makes it sound like a bad thing. Obviously they'd want to give it a more neutral or positive sounding name.
>>
>>86826048
Dragon-Blooded call the Usurpation Great Uprising.
>>
>>86826089
>>86826048
Divine Revolution was already used in other books of 3E before. Primodials appear to have been renamed Ancients.
>>
>>86825920
>getting mad that Heaven is written in a way to make it clear it changes over time, even though all the stuff about unemployed gods always made it clear it changed over time

>>86825929
>“Not every manse and demesne is spoken for”. Do you even understand how valuable a Manse is? Apparently not.

It's always been a thing since 1e that they literally don't have the population and organization to properly control all of Heaven in the first place.
>>
>>86826122
To me "Ancients" gives a vibe like it's distinct from the known quantity of the captured and imprisoned Yozis. Maybe it's to leave room for the hands/tentacles/flippers of poorly-understood participants who either left before Creation was finalized or fled when the war started going poorly.
>>
>>86825879
OK.

>A fine example of Ophidian Urge 5: Introduce changes to Exalted. Even MS Word thinks it was a mistake. Seriously just how, how fucking petty you must be to make such a change? I cringe every time I read it in the text.
Those kinds of changes probably were pushed by SLS, he even wanted to change the name of days of the week.

>Solar Purge.
It is more blackwashing, strangely enough.

>>86825885
>– aw shit, here we go again. Sorcery was not a thing back then.
Didn't Mara only taught sorcery after the primordial war? Or was it a collective headcanon?

>8.
Different portrayal of hubris?

>8 gods.
3e gods are masochists, Sidereals probably told them that it was a numinous sacrifice.

>>86825896
>Every page of this shit is a new low. Fair Folk 1e, page fucking 11, did you fucking read it? How can anyone be so disrespectful to the work of their predecessors, the one you use and build upon?
I am sure that:
A) they didn't, while claiming they did.
B) they did, but are gaslighting the fanbase that these changes are the original intent.

>11, 12, and first 13.
Why are you angry about them? Haven't you noticed that nothing good will come from Rakan & Getimians-as-intended?

>second 13
The "Abyssal and his husband" from the corebook was more cringe.
T. Actual faggoth.

>14~15
More like they forgot about how there are only 100 sids at any given time.

>>86825900
>18.
It is for people who wants to play Sidereals without playing Sidereals.

>19.
Because they want the first age to be unknowable, because of this, there are so many examples of handwaving.

>>86825904
I think it is to kill older gods, see the previous 19.

>21.
Yes, and see 19.
There's also an extra layer of 3e writers glorifying the past.

>23.
To introduce political intrigues, so the writer can say it is different, or because it was a writer homebrew/headcanon.

>>86825909
Changes for the sake of changes, and she was too personal with Conky.

>25 second.
Can't have any form of self-abuse.
>>
>>86823163
>>86823223
>>86823233
Holden has big ideas and controversial ideas that not everyone likes. Big ideas are usually things like interesting mechanics and revisions or alternatives that solve problems or improve something that already existed, like the idea of the anima appearing giving more power instead of the other way around.

Particular ideas are usually fixations with certain themes or exalted types that aren't core and if you don't like them you can just safely ignore them.

So he would say that in general he wins, the good is core and the controversial totally optional.
>>
>>86826151
The problem is that he bakes in obviously stupid ideas in irreparable ways, like keeping Appearance as an attribute.
>>
>>86826148
Maybe, although that already happened in 2E where at some point it was written about two primordials who fled before the war ended. One returned and was killed in the First Age.
The other one I think he was still missing.

But ancients is clearly used for the same purpose as Primordial or that's the impression I got reading and it had to be during the war because it's mentioned in that context. Although nothing prevents one or more primordials from leaving before the end of Creation for multiple reasons.
>>
>>86825879
>2. Five-Score Fellowship is now Fivescore Fellowship.
Get the fuck out of here
>>
File: Naughty.png (79 KB, 226x303)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>86825936
>3e is bad, use my special awesome remake instead
>>
>>86825909
>28
Nothing good will come from him.

>29
Did they learn nothing from the core?

>30.
How many more subfactions do these 100 guys need?

>>86825914
>31.
Writers are desperate to make the Heron less of a failure.

>32.
Yeah.

>33.
And SiToS only goal is to destroy the Realm for reasons.

>34.
Can the gold faction even be considered a distinct faction from the independents?

>>86825916
Changes for the sake of changes.

>42
Strange, wasn't Little Beam supposed to be retconed out?

>43
To create more factions.

>44.
Changed to what?

>>86825920
>46
Year.

>48.
Really nonsensical.

>49.
It does, but blessed Isle suffered all kind of calamities.

>51
Maybe they are the fiery kind.

>52 & 54.
I think you can merge these 2.

>>86825929
>61.
Why wasn't it purged?

>>86826148
Ancients = old.
Primordial = first.
3e writers hate the latter.
>>
>>86826185
It is slightly different, Primordials are the originators, Ancients are part of the origins.
>>
>>86826048
>>86826089
>>86826122
That would be correct, but this is the point - the change of the name reflects the attitude.

>>86826150
As far as I remember, sorcery was after the war.
Getimians are not really needed at all, but their presentation in the book is still lacking.

>>86826220
I have not touched any mechanics in my posts, not does QE introduce any original setting material. Every point stands regardless on the ruleset.

>>86826239
So, they removed Little Beam because reasons, but added two named children of UCS and several unnamed siblings? Remarkable.
44: He is now a compromise fence-sitting appointee who cannot really do anything. As opposed to ordering the Legion to blockade Bureau of Heaven, airstrike Ryzala's worshippers and threaten to destroy literacy in Creation, no fucks given.

>>86826139
It's one thing to have slums with divide hobos, and another to have unclaimed manses and Wyld Zones just sitting within a spitting distance.
>>
File: Makes you think .jpg (189 KB, 937x848)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>Queen Assassin from stygia.
>>
>>86826239
>Ancients = old.
>Primordial = first.
>3e writers hate the latter.

I fail to see what's wrong with that. Frankly giving it a definitive timeline and set of numbers is stupid, it's completely unnecessary detail.

>>86826293
>within a spitting distance

You're talking about a Russia's worth of land mass, and without the resources to give most god any transportation significantly better than whatever their own Charms give.
>>
>>86826293
Seems like like he was too powerful.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/412252-personalities-of-the-aerial-legion-god-outsourcing
>>
>>86826316
>I fail to see what's wrong with that. Frankly giving it a definitive timeline and set of numbers is stupid, it's completely unnecessary detail
There wasn't? Both their numbers and Primordial Era, weren't well defined.

Primordials have this moniker because they are the originators of the setting (Creation), a thing 3e writers hate why a burning passion.
Because of this, the overly use of the word "numinous".
>>
>>86826334
*with
>>
>>86826293
The Great Uprising is from 1E.
>>
>>86826316
With Yu-Shan's transportation systems it is not really much. They have flight, artifact vehicles, personal charms, dragon boat network, etc, etc. In addition, one does not need to be present in a manse all the time to own and use it. And the high-ranked gods who can get manses would have ample access to all of the above. Even the titular Sidereals would gladly get a manse or two - they are often in Creation, and would want extra Essence and hearthstone effects.

>>86826318
Too powerful. For Exalted. At last, I truly see.

>>86826341
Great Uprising is generic, though, and still less charged than Solar Purge.
>>
>>86826371
>Great Uprising is generic, though, and still less charged than Solar Purge.

What does that have to do with the name change reflecting a supposed change in attitude when the term is actually from 1E?
>>
>>86826371
>Too powerful. For Exalted. At last, I truly see
3e has a weird "power rebalace" going on.
Sometimes it is done by introducing new nondescript political adversaries who either do nothing or wants a slightly different thing.
See Shadow Fang Vanguard or the Golden Faction.
>>
>>86826390
Solar Purge did not, though. Did it?

>>86826528
So not only mechanics-wise everything is flattened out, put setting-wise as well? This seems a very strange decision for Exalted.
>>
>>86826559
Exactly, you can notice it the most with strong personalities.
They also try to make certain characters less of living fuck ups.

>Solar Purge.
Considering IRL historical events, the word "purge" is far more charged than "usurp"

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N1_SxqGz6QI
>>
>>86826295
They really hate the word "princess", not strong and empowered enough I guess.
>>
File: 1663290546114436.jpg (3.72 MB, 4074x3056)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB JPG
>>86826633
It is part of the setting guideline.
They also use prince instead of king.
>>
>>86825885
I hate to not just defend 3e, but specifically 3e's lore, but here we are.

>9
Sidereals' charmset has never been terribly focused on social charms, and the DBs have Integrity Charms and counterspells of their own. They also outnumbered Sidereals much more than they already do before the world blew up, and would likely notice and object if their bosses suddenly started all getting mind controlled. Do you also complain that the Sids haven't seized control of all the Great Houses?

>10
Fairy was used to describe them right up until the Fair Folk book, where the writers turned in absolute garbage and the editor got Jenna Moran to very quickly go through and change all the names to Hindu concepts so they could pretend it was something deep and interesting.

>13
Lol imagine getting this mad about references to gay sex in Exalted.

>15
Ronin have always been a thing without having to face constant death squads out to recycle their Exaltations.

>35
The idea of heavenly bureaucrats getting into an ethical debate and citing texts from ancient philosophers to support their positions is all very Confucian. The fact that you see a bunch of Chinese demigods quoting off-brand Han Fei and Mo Tzu at each other and can't relate it to anything other than modern politics shows you're just as braindead and desperate to talk about politics in inappropriate venues as any SJW.

>57
Not very, frankly. What does an immortal god with an array of supernatural powers and limitless ambrosia-forged wonders actually need a Manse for? Faster mote regen for Performance Excellencies to fuck their concubines better? It's not worth the hassle to travel out to the very edge of the city over.
>>
File: Made_No_Sense.jpg (56 KB, 600x336)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>86825936
Even I can tell this is outrage bait at this point.

Here's your (You)
>>
>>86826784
OK VanceMinton.
>>
>>86823163
Holden is the type of person who has good ideas mixed with the occasional bad one. But when he makes bad ones, he chooses to double down than to accept any criticism.
>>
Thoughts about the Revelers & Nightmares?

>>86826807
Isn't there a better name? Something like Holdorke?

>>86826829
You can notice it with the demake.
>>
>>86826842
Revelers are terrible. They exist to be NPCs for exactly one story (A Revel is going on and the PCs need to kill the Revelers to stop it.) and have nothing else to do.

It feels like Nightmares were very anemically turned into Madoka characters, but only like two Charms actually play off the whole magical girl shtick. The whole tension between having to use your powers to save the world even if it exposes your Nightmare is better than the original version where after the first time it happens they become an Exalt type who consciously choose to never use their powers to do anything and thus may as well not exist, but it isn't explained how they're supposed to know that the world is ending unless they run into a Sidereal. They're also another example of Holden trying to turn a martial arts style into a splat. I eagerly await him writing up the amazing new Cenobite themed Laughing Wounds Style exalts.
>>
Why does QEAnon namefag when not discussing QE, and why us QE good but every non-QE-related take so relentlessly stupid? I vaguely remember something similar when Exigents came out, with QEAnon going on a passionate but completely inane rant that made big deals out of minor issues or just complete non-issues. The man really is just 4chan Holden, a combination of good ideas, terrible takes and autism.

Also gods reproducing sexually is still from 2E. Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing, it's not a change introduced in 3E.
>>
>>86826946
There are many things he tries to blow up yet were introduced in 1e or 2e. The hell embassy is one of them.
>Yu-Shan decrees no demon shall set foot upon Yu-Shan
>Hell makes their embassy a giant yacht instead
>>
>>86825904
#21 well the alternative was to make yushan a banana republic communism style revolutionary shithole failed state and we can't have that so
>>
>>86826942
Thanks.

>Revelers.
People said it when they sales pitch dropped.

>Nightmares.
Bargain with "inner demon" is hard to pull well in tabletop form.
They castes don't feel balanced.

>>86826946
>and why us QE good but every non-QE-related take so relentlessly stupid?
3e is written by a secondary trying to fix the setting.
>>
>>86825909

i'm sorry but clearly you can see how black magic was an unnecessarily racially charged term. the necromantic circles are now rust, ivory, and jet.
>>
>>86827007
>3e is written by a secondary trying to fix the setting.
I mean whi is every QEAnon's non-QE take so dumb. I don't think you can blame that on 3E devs, anon. Also seeing how Vance, at least, got his start as an eagerly homebrewing fan, as did Holden and Morke, I don't think you can really call them secondaries.
>>
>Dark Passenger Parole (•••)
This Charm has too many dark applications.
>>
>>86827162
What does it do?
>>
>>86827300
>Dark Passenger Parole (•••)
>The Exalt may temporarily cast her monster into an empty vessel, granting it a measure of freedom and perhaps gaining an ally, if she has arranged for such in advance.
>System: The Exalt spends 1 Essence and makes a contested roll of her Willpower against a pool of her current Limit points, both at difficulty 6. If the Willpower roll wins or ties, the monster is cast out into a waiting vessel. If the Limit pool wins, the Exalt loses two points of Limit and immediately enters Reversion.
>“An empty vessel” means a living or at least animate being that does not possess a fully-featured and active soul, or whose mind is unprepared to resist an intrusion. The most common such vessels are animals or sleeping people, though individuals in comas or vegetative states are also potential targets. Less commonly, animated objects such as golems or robots can also serve as vessels, as can individuals broken by Heart-Shattering Glory. Owing to their lack of a soul, Liminal Exalted may also be targeted by this Charm.
>The monster remains in its vessel for the rest of the scene, though it may extend its stay until the moon has risen and set once by forfeiting a point of Limit. If possessing a supernatural being, it may use that being’s powers while in residence; otherwise, it carries over no special powers of its own. If the monster’s host is slain, it immediately comes crashing back to the Exalt, causing her to suffer four levels of unsoakable bashing damage.
>If possessing a sleeping individual, the host awakens and the monster is immediately ejected if the host takes any damage at all.
>>
>>86822956
Yeah in Exalted there are plenty of supernatural beings who can resist Glorious Solar Arguments but in 40k those types of people are rare. You're dealing with 99.999% mortals.
>>
>>86827342
Just spam willpower bro.
>>
>>86827046
Holden, Morke and Vance were working under the same people who wrote the worst styles and the worst lore in the game. Neph, Holden, morket and Vance all are responsible for return of the scarlet empress and it sucked ass.

The difference is instead of using failure to fix their mistakes, Morke and holden learned nothing. While Vance and minton decided to fix this by completely overcorrecting. Yu-shan section of 3e sidereals has some interesting sections but a lot of it is trash. Gods being all some incestuous dynasty, the maidens being removed basically from the bureaus, the sidereal changes are mostly just crap and toothless. They wanted to make absolutely everything toothless and now it looks like grandpa after thanksgiving when he takes his dentures off. You did not need half of these changes and they make the setting less biting.
>>
>>86827419
socialbros...I need back up
>>
>>86827419
You only have 10 at most anon and you aren't going to hit a 3-dot stunt as a peasant.
>>
In 2e did a book ever cover 6+ rank merits, for use in the first age or whatever
>>
>>86826744
>9
They certainly have the capabilities to do so, it's more a question of cost/benefit.

>10
It still was official style guideline for all books since 2004, that was casually discarded now.

>13
It's not the gay sex, because it's Exalted - its just that we all know they put it there not because its value as a character trait, but to pander to inclusivity checklist.

>15
Not death squads, but more like aggressive recruiting campaign - then death squads. Still the new book is too casual about the concept.

>>86826744
>35
This is not explicitly about the debate, but more about the reimagining of the Gold Faction as the genuine and noble and so nice to everyone, and young, and passionate, instead explicitly being same shit, different dupes that it always were. Reminds me of Anarch glorification in the recent VTM.

>>86826784
It's either as i wrote in the conclusion, or the complete lack of knowledge about the setting from the devs, you tell me which one it is. I'm not seeing any other options.

>>86826946
I only rarely namefag, mostly to consolidate large amounts of discussion.
As for non-issues, well, I simple disagree. I could elaborate at length about how this things harm the setting, but i usually get
>dude, Exalted was never so thought out as you think, it was all random and not connected in any way at all lmao
so i don't bother any more.

Gods being able to reproduce sexually and it being the main methods is completely different. This was added to cover up the plot hole about gods dying en mass for the contagion specifically, because the lack of personnel they needed fro their absolution would not happen otherwise. The change also have far-reaching consequences in any number of spheres.

>>86826984
Hell's embassy in 2e had a singe not even demon, but demon-blood ambassador under constant surveillance, not Yozi souls dropping in for parties.

>>86826986
We can just not ad pointless rebellions in a city captured by the rebel gods.
>>
>>86823816
>>86824458

do you have a link to the neph isidoros?

also unrelated but the ryluk szorney too
>>
>>86827880
Then you probably should have cited something that reflected them being "genuine and noble and so nice to everyone, and young, and passionate" instead of the splat of wise old mentors and manipulative viziers out to lead the heroes of the world onto the right path talking about ethics.

>instead explicitly being same shit, different dupes that it always were
There was only ever one canon gold Sid who was in it for self interested reasons. Everyone else genuinely believed the world would be better under the Solars. Remember Kai, the guy who would go on crazy screaming rants about how evil the Bronze Faction was whenever it was brought up? But sure, the Gold Faction was always completely amoral with no concern for justice.
>>
Having finished reading Holden's Getimians, it strikes me just how fucking lazy it is. Nearly everything is copy pasted straight from Sidereals with some minor and irrelevant changes. Yeah, we really needed a new splat that had Neighborhood Relocation Strategy that works by putting prayer strips on two places and swapping them with teleportation rather than putting a prayer strip on you and running it to the new location. Their "unique" Alchemy power is just like Resplendent Destinies except you have to buy a charm to get the disguise effect. And the whole gimmick with black and white essence is so pointless. There's no themes in common between black and white charms. It might have at least done something if black was defensive and white was offensive so you could freely spend on attacks without weakening your defenses, but nope it's just pointless bookkeeping to make it seem like they're doing something new. A lot like dice tricks, actually.

>>86827934
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/270588-isidoros-charms
>>
>>86828158
>http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/270588-isidoros-charms

ah, that's how i missed it on google. it's under jivex

thanks
>>
File: FUrpcU3XoAA4R3x.png (442 KB, 594x444)
442 KB
442 KB PNG
>>86825879
Damn these posts are major autism, you should check yourself into a therapist and hope that he makes you more normal. Did you think that posting epic nerd rage style shit from the late 2000s woudn't make everyone cringe?
>>
>>86828158
>Having finished reading Holden's Getimians, it strikes me just how fucking lazy it is. Nearly everything is copy pasted straight from Sidereals with some minor and irrelevant changes
It isn't surprising, but did you read the other 2?
>>
File: The B-Ball Purge.png (35 KB, 640x480)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>86828158
Holden's demake is doing a very strange thing where a lot of the charms for every Exalt are clearly the same as other Exalt charms, but he's not doing the Exalted Essence thing of just having universal charms that everyone can pull from for some reason. Its autism on par with the namefag in this thread whining that they changed Nasri to Kanasri (since, funnily enough, there's a Sidereal named Nazri).

Really, Exalted's main problem is that it has attracted the biggest ratio of autists to normal people of any RPG in its fanbase, and thus most reactions to any changes in any homebrew or official edition are going to be screamed at because its not the Exalted that they were first introduced to and therefore the correct Exalted in their sperg minds. If only beer cured Asperger's like it did in Shut Up and Jam Gaiden.
>>
>>86828049
>should have cited something
I am not going to quote the wall of text verbatim. >>86809328 pages 54-58 describe the new Gold Faction.
They have reasons, yes. However, I've read Cult of the Illuminated, and about their methods and goals.
Oh, by the way, It was a coterie of Garda Bird poets before the Siderelas stepped in now, missed it previously - another retcon.

>>86828192
Yes, as I said in >>86827880
>dude, Exalted was never so thought out as you think, it was all random and not connected in any way at all lmao
If you will just casually disregard even my small passing notes as autism, without actually adressing anything, what is the point of having any discussion at all?
>>
>>86828318
Righteous Lion Defense is the egregious example.

>Nasri to Kanasri (since, funnily enough, there's a Sidereal named Nazri).
Malfeas & Malfeans? Void & Void? Lintha & Lytta? Great Elemental Dragons? Etc...
>>
>>86828362
>If you will just casually disregard even my small passing notes as autism, without actually adressing anything, what is the point of having any discussion at all?
That anon is admitting that the current material is worse than poorly thought out material published decades ago.
>>
>>86828318
Getimians go beyond that. Everything they have is ripped straight from Sidereals. Sidereals have a charm to temporarily turn a mortal into a dragon and fry their brain afterwords; Getimians have a charm to temporarily turn a mortal into a supernatural creature from their Origin and fry their brain afterwords. Sidereals have a charm to spit out a spider that researches things for them; Getimians have a charm to spit out a spider that researches things for them and can deliver messages. Sidereals have a charm that lets them move to another location where they might have been if they made a different decision to escape from trouble and screw with people's memories about it and so do Getimians. I think Getminians have maybe three whole Charms that aren't either utterly generic or direct equivalents to a Sidereal one. I never thought the Essence Getimians preview could possibly look evocative and unique compared to Holden's original ideas for them, but apparently he never had any ideas either.
>>
>>86828362
>If you will just casually disregard even my small passing notes as autism, without actually adressing anything, what is the point of having any discussion at all?
Ok. For starters, putting your notes in the format that you did and pulling up the pettiest shit that you saw has actively weakened your argument. I'm reminded of how people on Tumblr write call-out posts; they'll have pages upon pages of shit like "GundamPony said my fanfic about Harry Potter being a paraplegic was just ok, proving his ableism" and then sneak in something actually questionable like "GundamPony tried to make out with a 13-year old at a concert" in between shit like that. If you fill an argument with pedantry and nitpicking, it actively repels people from finding the actual salient points you could make. Please, try to zero in on things that actually matter!
>>
So it is official? Hearteaters are the uncontested best 3e Exalted?

>>86828420
Reminds me of superhero movies, the antagonists being carbon copy of the MC.
>>
>>86828385
Yeah, I've noticed that "spend 1 mote to reduce social difficulty by 2" shows up in every splat.

Also, shit, did anyone get mad about Malfeans being changed to The Neverborn? I could've sworn that was one of the 2e changes that everyone liked because the Malfean/Malfeas thing was fucking annoying when discussing the game, same as trying to figure out who someone is talking about when they bring up Nazri or Nasri.
>>
How Nightmares compare to Umbrals?

>>86828478
There are also permanently reduces difficulty in "Intimidation attempts" & "certain x groups".
>>
>>86828419
I wouldn't make such an inference from his post, but alright.
However, the lore of Exalted had actually very well though out setting paradigm, that could easily explain anything happening, from the reson Creations is so important no everyone inside and out to how magic worked, to how spirits are, and so on, and so on. It was all very consistent.

>>86828452
Well, to summarise, 3e now is surprisingly not very woke in the LGBT manner, but is full of pointess retcons, some of which are so petty as to be irritating useless change (like a name), and some are so sweeping and directly contradicting the previously established metaphysics and history that it greatly diminishes the overall integrity, continuity and quality of the setting. Which is way worse than any number of gay or whatever.
To be honest, I fully admit that many of the new parts of the book are completely fine and would make a good addition. I would have very little to bitch about if not for the retcons.
>>
>>86828568
That anon is using the "the source material was never good in the first place!!!" defense, commonly used against critics of bad remakes.
But doing this, that anon is admitting that, beyond not being good, currently material is worse than old "bad" material.
>>
>>86828420
Why even have getimians at that point? Damn. I have no plans on using them either way but that's pretty miserable.
>>
>>86828664
I have made no such argument. Others might have, but I have not said anything that would imply "ah yes, Exalted was bad until the 3e devs made it based". Please consider becoming normal and arguing with what people say rather than shadowboxing imaginary people you've made up.
>>86828568
I find that a majority of these retcons serve purposes, from the small (changing Nasri to Kanasri to avoid confusion with the independent Sidereal, Nazri, or having the Bronze Sidereals call the Usurpation the "Solar Purge" since, logically, they would not call what they did the negative term "The Usurpation") to the major (making gods more approachable and with more human motives since not everyone is a writer on par with Jenna Moran and therefore cannot make gods seem otherworldly and strange without being annoying as a GM). I'll go through your points real quick and summarize, but after that, I'll probably be gone; gotta eat with the folks on this fine Thanksgiving day, praise God.
>>
>>86828318
Normal people don't play RPGs, let alone tabletop ones.
>>
>>86828756
Silly anon, Thanksgiving was last month
>>
>>86828709
To "spice" things up, they are the 5th "shakes of status quo".
1st the return of Solars, 2nd Abyssals razing cities, 3rd Alchemicals with the Locust Crusade, 4th Infernals hidden machinations, and 5th Getimians reality terrorism.
>>
>>86828756
>Purge
>Not a negative term.

>making gods more approachable and with more human motives since not everyone is a writer on par with Jenna Moran and therefore cannot make gods seem otherworldly and strange without being annoying as a GM)
Strange since 3e devs are always complaining about it.

Also.
>Gods.
>Human.
>>
>>86829412
And apparently only the Bronze Faction uses that term the Gold Faction uses the Usurpation.
>>
>>86829471
3e Sidereals are wannabe dictators, purged innocents & their political enemies in hopes of ruling Creation.
Doing so screwed themselves and nearly destroyed reality twice.
>>
>>86829571
>Purged innocents
>Solars and lunars were casually destroying cities on a whim.
I do think trying to turn them into the guys who wanted to rule as stupid and completely against how sidereals work though.
>>
>>86829571
>>86829616
>3e Sidereals are wannabe dictators
This is overstated. They apparently just wanted to control the interregnum to keep the First Age from degrading into chaos, not actually rule permanently
>>
>>86829616
Solars & Lunars are in the 'political enemies' categories, and we don't really have a good 3e example of them causing directional or regional level catastrophes.
>>
>>86829632
Like many IRL dictators?
>>
File: Sidereal Interregnum.png (42 KB, 794x141)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>86829655
>>
>>86829664
And who would rue this lessened first age?
>>
>>86829684
Don't fuckin' know. But it's literally part of the text that the original plan, which got shot, was only to hold power for a little while so they could stabilize things.
>>
Is this another example of 3e being incapable of sticking to its guns? Removing the prophecy to make them more '''human''', but not wanting them to be human enough to do what humans do after a purge.
>>
File: Minikin.png (114 KB, 287x311)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
I liked 2e lore and I'm not ashamed of that fact. Minikin are obviously insane but I liked that they had the cojones to ask questions and give actual answers.
>>
Alright, finally done cooking, will go through the weird QE Anon complaints. I'll mostly ignore the complaints about small retcons and other petty shit (fun fact: its quite grammatically correct to say "five score" as "fivescore", according to Merriam-Webster) since, frankly, a lot of them are just pedantry or trying to apply 1e lore to an edition that's quite open about it changing things to suit its own purposes.

In any case, the first things I take issue with is implying that the breaking of the Mask in 2e was deliberate; at least in regards to most of the Sids involved in it, they just assumed it would cover up any proof that they killed the Solars, not wipe their ability to be remembered forever. There's some goofy line about how perhaps Chejop intended this outcome, but he'd be a fucking retard to saddle himself with Arcane Fate, so why would anyone want that to be the case?

Furthermore in 3e, the Bronze Faction actually gathered quite a large amount of allies to pull off the coup and therefore could flex their power quite a bit. I can't imagine that anyone who would have had objections to tossing an unimaginably powerful object into the Mask would have had the ability to stop it, and even after they did fuck up, who could punish them? As mentioned later in the book (see, this kind of critique where you write down a list as you read, rather than just writing something down after you read the entire book, is bad! This is CinemaSins style shit! Don't do this, it's stupid!) the Bureau of Destiny handles all audits and censoring internally (as getting an outside censor to audit a Sidereal would be likely futile), and the guys who killed the Solars are the most powerful people in the Bureau of Destiny. What the fuck is Ruvia gonna do, tell the guy that probably just Terminally Sanctioned a couple hundred pro-Solar gods and strangled a Solar to death with a starmetal cord that he was reckless for fucking with the Mask and he'll be punished for it?
>>
Doesn't the constellation of the mask also exist in the Underworld?
>>
>>86829823
There's no stars in the underworld
>>
>>86829761
>Waaaah, they aren't doing the thing that never made any sense for two editions!
>Waaaah, I don't like that they had good intentions!
>Waaaah, I'm ignoring that these are biased recollections of a time nobody remembers!
Oh fuck you dude. Shut up. You'll never be satisfied with any change at all, no matter what it is.
>>
File: faerie in 1e.png (56 KB, 323x278)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>86829797
Moving on, a lot of these complaints about "whitewashing" are genuinely moronic. There's complaining about the Sidereals being nice to each other as they're both coworkers who are often forced by circumstance to work together despite political views and basically the only humans they can actually meaningfully interact with without a good chance of being forgotten is "whitewashing". This is a logical extension of the prior circumstances I mentioned! What on Earth do you want, some pointless edgy shit where older Sidereals eat the younger Sidereals if they catch them?

Anyway, next up is complaining that the Great Contagion spread to and killed many gods in Creation. Again, you complain about something already answered in the book later one from when you made that complaint; Celestial Wine is mentioned later on as not a definitive cure to the Great Contagion. Some gods and other residents of Heaven swear downing it constantly helped keep them safe from the Contagion, but there's no confirmation that it cures the Contagion. The more salient point is that these changes to the Contagion (giving it god-slaying capabilities) and the Raksha Invasion (they managed to force their way through a gate to Heaven and were only stopped by a costly usage of a deadly artifact) are to make Heaven actually have any sort of history beyond just "ok it was made by the Primordials, seized by the Gods, and then nothing happens in it for a thousand years". Which is more interesting for a RPG setting, a place where all the problems are solved and nothing bad ever happened to it, or a gleaming city that hides ruins of war, magical mishaps, and other such things that an adventuring party might enjoy? These aren't changes for the sake of change, these are quite informed decisions to make Yu-Shan more interesting than it was in 1e and 2e!

Also, since I can't resist being petty, here's a mention of raksha as Fey and Faeries in 1e (from Scavenger Sons; 1e's Fair Folk book sucks).
>>
>>86829935
>>Waaaah, I don't like that they had good intentions!
The thing that paves the road to hell?

>Waaaah, I'm ignoring that these are biased recollections of a time nobody remembers!
Tell this to all those immortals & elders, and this is the book speaking to us.
>>
>>86829979
>The thing that paves the road to hell?
Yeah, exactly. Imagine that.

>Tell this to all those immortals & elders, and this is the book speaking to us.
You may have noticed that the Usurpation is consistently referred to as the Solar Purge within the book. As in, the thing only the Bronze Faction calls it. There's an element of biased narration going on here, absolutely.
>>
>>86829990
>You may have noticed that the Usurpation is consistently referred to as the Solar Purge within the book. As in, the thing only the Bronze Faction calls it. There's an element of biased narration going on here, absolutely
NTA, but you words have struck dread in my heart.
Just to think all double think they will use for Deathlords & Rakan...
>>
>>86829990
In the Gold Faction section it is mentioned that they are referring to the Solar Purge as Usurpation, so at least some of it is written from the Bronze Faction's point of view. At least for the time when they were the overwhelming majority of Sdiereals.
Dragon-Blooded they call it Great Uprising (since 1E).
Lunars possibly also call it the Encroachment.

It's not that uncommon for an event like that to go by different names among different groups.
>>
>>86829961
Continuing on, as my eyes glaze from whining about petty shit like the boring direction heads from 2e being removed or there being more gates or whatever, this pops out at me.

>35. Cult of the Illuminated. “On one memorable occasion, a Gold Faction meeting was derailed by a debate over the respective merits of Shen Aru’s contemplations on forgiveness and Thousand Righteous Whispers’ treatise on ethical governance”. Ugh. I’m going to die of the concentration of liberal values here.

What?! This is shit theologians argue about all the time! They've been doing this since Thomas fucking Aquinas! How is this lib? God dammit, the culture war sucks, it makes people so fucking willfully stupid and paranoid of wrongthink that they morph and transform into the lumpenproles from 1984 as a way to ward off their spooky political rivals.

Anyway, there's lot of other instances of saying that labor unrest and organized strikes in Yu-Shan (a place that's always had a massive underclass of unemployed/underemployed gods) is "woke" and retcons, but consider this: how fucking stupid was it that 1e and 2e Yu-Shan never had any labor disputes of note? They had the same elements but no one ever stopped to think "gee what is the obvious thing that happens when enough of these lesser gods get pissed off at their superiors?" I'm so baffled by that decision, they made this functioning modern city with things like fast mass transit, public access to printed works, and so on, but labor strikes are "too much"? Fucking peasants in 1500s Germany rebelled all the fucking time with far less means in regards to travel and communication just by having the handful of literate guys read the Twelve Articles of the Swabian Peasants and the Theses of Martin Luther and so on.
>>
>>86830042
The new leader of the South convention is the old iconic Journey of 1E and 2E. Pastor of the North Star, so the character isn't even made up, he just got a promotion.
>>
File: grow and change.jpg (67 KB, 866x1200)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>86830042
Just so much bizarrre shit in this. I gotta go now to chill with my folks but QE Anon, I beg you: kill the CinemaSins guy in your brain. Read the entirety of the book before you complain about it so you don't make silly mistakes like complaining about shit that gets explained further on later, learn that some retcons are fine (Lord of the Rings exists solely because Tolkien retconned The Hobbit! Batman's butler being a surrogate father to him is a retcon!), and you will be a less annoying person, I promise you.
>>
File: Good edition.webm (2.93 MB, 1280x720)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>>86830075
>Read the entirety of the book before you complain about it so you don't make silly mistakes like complaining about shit that gets explained further on later, learn that some retcons are fine
Explaining stuff is against 3e ethos, see flames of exigency.

QEanon must find peace with the status of 3e, and don't be like those whales who invested money in the kickstarter despite not planning to use the book.
>>
>>86830170
I only bought the DB and Lunar books so they look pretty on my bookshelf
>>
>>86814990
>gods for everything
Except for premature ejaculation, But I hear that's coming soon
>>
>>86830286
Dear Sandact, of Numinous Daddy Energy, you are part of the problem.
>>
>>86830170
Don't worry. I'll back the KS with the hope of getting a chance to use the book.
>>
>>86830438
Some backers only donated 25~75 dollars, they didn't want the book.
>>
>>86830472
Okay.
>>
>>86829935
>Waaaah, they aren't doing the thing that never made any sense for two editions!
You are completely wrong. The reason 3e changed it isn't because it's wrong or right but because it want a safe "human" setting. That is people who can only think like modern day humans and not demigods.
>>
>>86830286
If only DBs was worth the paper it was printed on.One day I'll fix that charmset to do what I want it and just use 1e lore because I just find 1e better written. It's kind of grim but outside of shit like lunars it really wasn't that grimdark.
>>
>>86830590
"Gods may have lots of fancy powers but they still think and act like real people complete with petty foibles" has been a running theme of Exalted from the very start.
>>
File: 1663526733493960.jpg (357 KB, 2037x3056)
357 KB
357 KB JPG
>>86826744
>Fairy was used to describe them right up until the Fair Folk book, where the writers turned in absolute garbage and the editor got Jenna Moran to very quickly go through and change all the names to Hindu concepts so they could pretend it was something deep and interesting.
How shit it was!? They published 1e!Lunars.

>>86830603
>It's kind of grim but outside of shit like lunars it really wasn't that grimdark.
1e was a dark high fantasy, Lunars were just larping as Garou.
>>
>>86814900
What Sidereal caste is your favorite and why? Which have you played as?
>>
>>86830590
>That is people who can only think like modern day humans and not demigods.
Thoroughly mediocre, spineless humans at that and not driven people, let alone history-shaking great men.
>>
>>86830818
I want to say Battles, because I like the thought of coordinating and controlling conflict, but I kind of hate their Caste Ability spread, which feels superfluous when every Sidereal is a martial artist. I haven't gotten a chance to play a Sid yet; the one opportunity I had, the game collapsed before it could start.
>>
>>86830827
>"I don't understand why some of the gods in this place explicitly written to echo the qualities of shitty modern bureaucracies and offices act like people from shitty modern bureaucracies and offices"
>>
>>86831153
The problem is that Ghataru didn't before 3e.
>>
>>86830827
>>86831173
>Ghataru
>"history-shaking great men"

>Ghataru the Shogun-Regent of the Bureau retreated into firmly conservative behavior, and his subordinates became increasingly rigid and unwilling to risk anything. Today, the Shogun-Regent keeps to the normative patterns of seasons and weather established millennia ago by the Solar Exalted who first designed the modern climate.
>Ghataru is stodgy, highly conservative, and inclined to order the senior warriors of the Aerial Legion to slay anyone who threatens the stability of this Bureau or who in any way impedes its smooth functioning. He discounts the political threat posed by the Court of Seasons, since he knows they are incapable of organizing the weather and believes no deity in Yu-Shan would be foolish enough to seriously consider putting them in charge of the Bureau.
>In practice, Ghataru views himself as a loyal subject acting under the Mandate of Heaven and a mere placeholder for the Solar Exalted, so he limits his activities to occasion- ally relieving droughts in Creation and keeping the weather just random enough to guarantee prayers to his Bureau. Because of his reliability and unwillingness to demonstrate his power, his Bureau is seen as useless and outdated.
>>
>>86831316
How it compares to 3e?
>>
>>86831488
>Ghataru is the most recent in a line of compromise candidates to lead the bureau. Some outside the bureau point out the incongruity of the elemental-dominated branch being led by a god, but that’s the point — as a relative outsider without strong ties to either the Aerial Legion or the bureau’s civilian ranks, Ghataru is equally dissatisfactory to all sides. Contemplative, conservative, and surprisingly soft-spoken, Ghataru sometimes seems out of place as the leader of a bureau made up of Heaven’s finest fighting force and the veterans of a legendary labor battle.
>eLike many of the bureau’s gods, Ghataru’s first posting was a terrestrial deity, though it came long after the Seasons Revolts’ end. Despite this, he’s largely favored the Aerial Legion over the bureau’s civilian branches when their priorities come into conflict. He justifies this to the rank and file with appeals to the legion’s importance to the bureau’s continuing existence, but many suspect an ulterior motive on his part — unwillingness to challenge the legion’s ranking generals, corrupt dealings between them, or a misguided desire to seem impartial. Many of the bureau’s weather-workers bristle at Ghataru’s perceived betrayal, agitating for a true firebrand to replace him. The Aerial Legion has backed him against challenges to his leadership, but this has only further incensed those who see the bureau’s head as being under the legion’s thumb.
>>
>>86831508
>>86831488
Still basically the same role of being a conservative seat-warmer who favors the military. The only significant difference is that he's new (maybe not all that new, "recent" for gods and Sids probably isn't "recent" for mortals) instead of having been a seat-warmer since the First Age.

I like the change, it makes it more interesting than "here's this guy that's gone unchanged for thousands of years".
>>
>>86831525
Is '''thousand+ years vs nearly thousands years''' really a change? Feels like an attempt to remove informations about the first age.
>>
>>86830734
Exactly like their portrayel in 2e. The fact that you can't remember any of it explains most of the problem. It's all very twee nonsense like "the Temperance court are all constantly doing zany random shit and calling it temperate lol!"
>>
>>86831547
Who gives a fuck about the first age? Material should be written to make the time frame the game is actually set in more interesting.
>>
>>86831550
I meant the rejected version.
>>
File: visible_disgust.jpg (42 KB, 640x647)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>86831557
>Who gives a fuck about the first age?
So this is what these new exalted fans are like huh.
>>
>>86830734
Yeah but lunars were dull because of it. I don't care for Garou in WoD or CoFD it's honestly the one splat I don't like in either version. So I just don't like lunars as they are.
>>
>>86831557
Part of the fun for celestial exalts is recreating these wonders even for noncelestials you want to see them and use them. The first age exists in the background to be used in one way or another. So yes it fucking matters.
>>
File: 1667862973133410.jpg (51 KB, 944x907)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>86830827
These people seem pretty strong, it's just that the book writers don't dick-ride them like the 1e and 2e dudes did, as they were in love with characters who are mostly fuck-ups that got millions of people killed in the grand scheme of things. Why should the books be written with the tone, "Oooh, Chejop, he's so strong, I love him, I want to kiss Chejop because he can do Celestial Circle Sorcery good", when Chejop is also a man who started one of the most lethal wars possible off the vibe that the Solars were bad and needed to go?
>>
>>86831737
How does that have anything to do with the exact history of the job postings of the Bureau of Seasons?
>>
>>86831557
3e devs, several of these changes are attempts to make it more mysterious, like killing older gods.

>>86831775
>they were in love with characters who are mostly fuck-ups that got millions of people killed in the grand scheme of things.
This didn't change, see Lunar elders or the deathlords.
>>
File: 0_E1eNateTiDThGcYI[1].jpg (262 KB, 1056x594)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>86831789
>>
>>86831789
Because the way the world used to work is different than the way it currently works. For players who want to remake the old it's a good thing to know how it works.

>>86831775
Chejop should be a man driven with conviction and immune to people talking about their personal sobstories at him. He's a man who's responsible for steering the course of history for thousands of years. Necessary dictates monstrosities and Chejop has all too easily given into it. He's a four thousand year old demigod with fate wielding powers and the knowledge that he is correct.
>>
>>86831775
>"Oooh, Chejop, he's so strong, I love him, I want to kiss Chejop because he can do Celestial Circle Sorcery good"
Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong Sidereal elder, the Rakan Thulio is two editions down.
>>
>>86831890
>want to remake the old

"The old" in this case was presumably just another conservative compromise candidate, probably appointed by one of the Solar Exalted.
>>
>>86831912
The bureaus arent under the solars and they don't interfere. The only reason the gods didn't do shit is because the solars were too powerful.
>>
>>86831933
In 1E the Bureau of Seasons was pretty much under Solar control. Even greater than the influence of the Sdiereals in the bureau of Destiny.
To the point that the bureau leader is considered a mere placeholder until replaced by a Solar.
The lore is in this thread even.
>>
>>86831890
>"Hey, now that we've won, what should we do with the world?"
>"Well, I was thinking we could copy the structure of the First Age, maybe see if we can get things to kick off another Solar Purge in a couple thousand years."
>>
>>86831956
This time Solars will make sure to collect the maiden tears.
>>
>>86831955
No. That's the head of the bureau of seasons wanting to do nothing because the solars used to do everything. The solars didn't control the bureau, they just did all the weather patterns and basically rendered the bureau unnecessary. Like they did most bureaus.
>>
>>86831956
Narratively, learning about how things were done in the first age works as both an inspiration for various wonders AND as both a lesson in hubris as well as what the wise Solar needs to look out for in both himself and others

>>86831975
There's also this for less benevolent Solaroids though
>>
>>86831956
Not knowing about the fuckups of past ages is a quick way to repeat them
Those who don't know history and all that
>>
>>86831985
Except that there is no mention of any similar case in any other bureau or any similar relationship in the other bureau.
>>
>>86831992
>There's also this for less benevolent Solaroids though
Infernals will be too busy making Creation 2.0, and Abyssals are black Solars anyway.
>>
>>86832039
Well, yes, I originally wrote "Solar" but changed it when I remembers the Abyssals might try to pull something off with it
Just more proof that Infernal are hands down the most benevolent group,
For a value of "benevolent" at least
>>
>>86831775
>These people seem pretty strong, it's just that the book writers don't dick-ride them like the 1e and 2e dudes did
>*camera slowly pans over to Raksi as she casually munches on a live baby*
>>
>>86831660
It is unfortunate that Grabowski decided to "give players a familiar face", to this day writers are trying to sculpt this rotten wood.
>>
>>86825920
>the mere mention of people going on strike once, a long time, is "woke"

At this rate, in a couple of years anything that's not actively tonguing the ass of corporate execs 24/7 is going to be called "woke"
>>
New thread.
>>86832370
>>
no wonder nobody hires elementals, as soon as you do the racist fucks will only ever onboard additional elementals until they take it over and spin off into an independent bureau ;)
>>86825911
i first saw it used about those dastardly bible thumpers, the right only picked it up ~8 years ago or so
>>
>>86832245
>if you don't support this thing you support this other thing!!!!!!!
Why don't you go eat your nigger semen flavored bug burgers and leave the non-retards to talk in peace?
>>
I really don't care about QE's opinions, simply because his fangame that fixes Exalted's skeleton is terrible and tries to do nothing Exalted like.

I don't expect a professional game but lol

>>86826633
The writers are extremely bitter about showing anime tits but also unlike a lot of devs know it's stupid and counter to Exalted actual premise to be so. This is kinda of the method to get rid of it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.