[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Tiger Uppercut Edition

Here is a thread to discuss trading card games other than the big three.
>Build Divide
>Force of Will
>Final Fantasy TCG
>DBZ CCG
>Wixoss
>Keyforge
>Gundam
>Legend of the 5 Rings (L5R)
>Digimon
>Flesh and Blood
>Gate Ruler
>Battle Spirits
>Ashes
>The other DBZ game
etc.

Post about card games you've played and help other anons get to know your games!

>Wixoss Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/LC8SpttH

>Force of Will Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/aGEBEKeF

>Dragonball GT Shadow Dragon saga rulebook
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pj_0YeUXI5g4XyKwbAXJuZCGt3qWJwyp

>Gate Ruler Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/nbcZP0nB

>Build Divide Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/1cQT2pkz

>Flesh and Blood Pastebin
https://www.klgrth.io/paste/c3k6j/raw

>Ashes Reborn Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/2jr0EG9S

>Netrunner Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/g3yQAQ7w

Play with /acg/ through voice chat! No text chat so coordinate in thread to get some games in.
https://discord.gg/rCQFKcGcEP

>Last Thread
>>86771007

>Thread Question:
What mechanics would you like to see in more acgs? What mechanics would you build a game around?
>>
All you dudes saying a dino card game wouldn't be the most fire theme in the planet earth are tripping. Dinosaurs are severely under appreciated and have continued to be the most based creatures that have ever walked the globe. Think about how long HUMANITY FUCK YEAH has had on this good forsaken planet. Now throw that pitiful amount of time out the god damn window because dinosaurs had an empire that reigned for ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE MILLION YEARS. Do you know how much card game content that could produce? There just plain wouldn't be an end to the latin name list. It would would keep on going and going. Get the fuck outta here with "classes" and give me Dinosauria families!
>>
File: WXEX1-69.jpg (392 KB, 750x1047)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
>>86797322
already got dinos in my card game of choice, thanks
>>
>>86797322
Hmm how would you approach this? Realistic or cartoonish? I think realistic is way more interesting but cartoonish would be much easier to make a game around.
I'm addicted to the idea of gameplay matching theme so I would be kinda disappointed if the game because some MTG/Hearthstone shit where you just have a team of randomly assorted dinosaurs or Monopoly: Dino edition. If you go a realistic route, I would think that non-cbat oriented would have the be the move. Teams of dinosaurs is awesome, but too basic. I can't imagine dinosaurs being super tactical in combat to make a grid based board game or some FaB shit.

Maybe play with the idea of evolution, like you pointed out with all of the cool latin names. Each player gets X dinosaurs that start early in the dino-era. During the game they have to move up the evolutionary tree. At each era (Triassic etc.) there's some game event that players need to survive. If their dinosaur doesn't make it then it goes extinct. There has to be some player interaction, maybe dinosaurs battle for certain mutations? Loser goes extinct?
>>
>>86797322
I give it three years before they jump the shark and add robot dinosaurs and genetic experiments from the future and “dinosaurs” that are shirtless dudes and little girls and add the Paleontology deck, all while ignoring the core community begging for some stego support.
>>
File: FiEJuEpakAEmXpZ.jpg (1.4 MB, 2890x4096)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
New Demon Slayer promos. They are only available if you attend Jump Festa this year but you have to be a Junior High student or younger to receive them. An interesting move but I'm not sure if targeting children will be effective since this game isn't marketed well towards kids.

Oversight, Tokito Muichiro
[AUTO] When this unit is placed, look at the top 3 cards of your deck. Place them in any order you choose.
>>
File: FiEJwzOaAAIGFwY.jpg (1.59 MB, 2890x4096)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
Innocence, Mitsuri Kanroji
[Decoy]
>>
>>86797662
>you have to be a Junior High student or younger to receive them
That's brilliant.
brb creating new game so I can hand out promos to kids
>>
File: Dinosuar king.jpg (54 KB, 340x468)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>86797322
It even had an anime and a Japanese arcade game. It involved rock, paper, scissors heavily.
>>
File: 20221121_123717[3590].jpg (839 KB, 2304x1296)
839 KB
839 KB JPG
Big news duelists, my proxies that I commissioned over a year ago finally arrived. Now why did they take so long? That's because the intellectuals at the post office mistakenly sent my package to a completely different country, causing me to wait several months.

The quality is amazing and accurate to the original cards. They feel almost exactly the same and are more or less identical in quality and resolution. Because these are for personal use and not for sale there are certain compromises made for legal reasons that some people who wish for more 1:1 replicas may not like. Being that they clearly have a disclaimer on the front, and the back is deliberately different from the real cards for obvious legal reasons. All that aside they are extremely uncanny reproductions of the originals.

But the plus side is that they are super cheap, costing as much or as little as you want them to. I went for a mid-tier pricing just to get full color, colored backs. You can choose to get certain cards foil and even select a wide variety of custom backs, or no backs at all. You can even get English translated OCG cards or TCG cards with OCG artwork switched in. The options are limitless. If I had gone out and got real copies of these cards it would have ran me a couple thousand, where instead I paid barely $80 for 4 complete decks filled with expensive high rarity cards like Soulswap, Bolmeteus Steel Dragon and the Avatars.

If any of you are interested in Duel Masters and want to have access to some of the most powerful and coveted cards in the game without paying a ransom to scalpers or waiting aeons for the next overpriced Ebay auction, then I highly recommend getting your hands on these as well.
No I am not a paid shill. I am doing this for free because the guy was a bro to me and I also genuinely appreciate how patient and helpful he was during this entire process.
>>
thats a p big wall ngl
>>
File: gr.jpg (345 KB, 2048x1536)
345 KB
345 KB JPG
More GR drama. Set 5 printing fucked up the card quality. The thickness and weight of the cards have changed. Both piles have same number of cards. Left is pre-set 5, right is set 5.
>>
>>86797549
What about mixing evolution and survival?
>No life system
>Game ends after a set number of turns (meteor crashing down)
>Winner is decided by fossil points
You could also have aggro predator strategies that try to end the game prematurely by adding a lose condition when you control less than 2 dinos
Eggs could be involved. So can biomes, climate, food, etc. There is a ton to work with.
>>
>>86797793
>all set 5 cards are marked cards if you use them with existing decks
Jesus christ.
>>
>>86797793
Even if I'm not interested in the game anymore, it makes me sad to see them keep fucking up.
>>
>>86797793
GR? What game is this about?
>>
>>86797793
I remember there was another fuck up with Set 3 or 4, are they just going to make a big reprint set for everything that got screwed over? Or are the affected cards just not gonna be tournament legal? This sucks I feel bad for the players.
>>
>>86797795
so we're making a cardgame out of E.V.O.: Search for Eden now?
>>
>>86797869
Gate Ruler.
>>
>>86797869
Gate Ruler, made by the guy who created Buddyfight. Its main selling point is the Ruler card, which tweaks the rules for each player.
>>
>>86797748
Proxy makers who are specialized in a game are usually all great.
Glad there is one for the hard to find dead game that is Duel Masters.
>without paying a ransom to scalpers or waiting aeons for the next overpriced Ebay auction
There definitely was money to be made in buying cards when they were still easily accessible and banking on nostalgia kicking in to sell at a profit.
But nowadays what's the point of chasing down cards and paying a ton for them? You'd be better off spending that time and money in any alive tcg or other collectibles.
>>
>>86797582
>ignoring the core community begging for some stego support
oh, sure. last month you're mr. high-and-mighty "three horns never play with long necks" and now you're "the core community". gtfo and leave me to my pteranadons with frikkin laser beams on their heads.
>>
>>86797922
>three horns never play with long necks
And I am suddenly overwhelmed with nostalgia. Well played, anon.
>>
>>86797793
Without context is looks like a pile of lower quality old cards on the left and high quality cards on the right.

>>86797846
Other card games had similar issues, I'm sure TO and judges will figures things out.
It shouldn't matter in non-sanctioned play.
>>
2023 FaB schedule
Q1: Metrix vs Pits set
>Ranger
>Assassin
>Mech
>Alchemist
>the two regions are closely linked so don’t expect a monarch-style draft :^)
Q2: EVR Unl
>very small quantities, but pick up any RF items for…
Q3: The ‘PVE’ set
>Cleric debut, there will be modules and an inventory system also Yoji and other heroes without one will get a weapon
Q4: Monarch 2
>Light Illusionist (not Prism)
>Light Guardian
>Shadow Alchemist
>Shadow Wizard
>>
>>86797880
Would be great.
I'm sure it'd be successful albeit as niche as most board games.
>>
>>86798113
sez who
>>
>>86798113
>shadow wizard
please be real
>>
>>86797549
>can't imagine dinosaurs being super tactical in combat to make a grid based
Real simple tcg/board game where a dino hits a space and damaged stuff around it, or pushes one dino, or can eat out of an adjacent space could work. Same way Ashes had a back and forth you could choose to play another dino to the grid or reactivate and effect or attack.

Something with small decks like Ashes, or even Anachronism, where games go fast and you have access to most cards.

>>86797434
aaaaaaaa gotta research that Yuzu deck before I forget again.

>>86797963
>It shouldn't matter in non-sanctioned play.
Still unfortunate. Feel bad for anyone except the one asshole who put effort into the game.
>>
File: 86.png (1.79 MB, 879x1234)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB PNG
>draw a dinosaur
>call it a dragon
I still don't get it
>>
>>86797322
Sounds good anon, but what if instead of dinosaurs it was dinosaur lolis?
>>
>>86797793
The games fucking dead at this point, I'm surprised you faggots still care.
>>
>>86798523
This is the thread where people care about dead card games. Stop being such a sourpuss.
>>
>>86797322
if you make this cheap and simple so dads buy it for their kids you would be the first trillionaire
>>
>>86798531
Nah you're right dude. It's good seeing you EX-Buddyfight players cope hard at Gate Ruler.
>>
>>86798329
Bro don't waste your time checking out Build Divide, crappy game with no future.
>>
File: IMG_20190329_213807.jpg (4.96 MB, 3120x4160)
4.96 MB
4.96 MB JPG
>>86798569
>>86797322
>>86797880
>>86797795
Isn't an acg, but you would likely enjoy the evolution board/ card games
>>
>>86798666
>that level of detail
Based lord Satan
>>
>>86797322
evolution isnt real.
dinosaur bones are just the bones of nephlim and their children.
dinosaurs are just a way for (((satanists))) to trick children into demon worship.
earth is flat.
chk em>
>>
>>86797549
>>86797795
the trick would be to do it by sets.
the original core release is just invertebrates. then you move up the ladder with each successive set. the creatures evolve from humble origins in a devonian sea right along with the game itself.

>>86798666
nice try, satan. I banish you back to /bgg/. gyg!
>>
>>86797793
its a shame that the most interesting tcg ideas always fail the hardest.
>>
>>86797793
>just realized the third set just came out in engish
is anyone even playing this game? online via webcam or otherwise? anywhere?
>>
>>86798143
Says the resident fake insider. He does this for every set and he's wrong every time.
He just swoops in, declares things, and refuses to elaborate.
>>
>>86798523
Force of WIll should've died years ago and is still alive somehow.
>>
>>86799087
My theory is that FOW is only still alive because it's functionally identical to MTG, but with prettier/nicer cards.
>>
>>86799087
>alive
the company owns the means of production and only prints to preorder.
>>
>>86799176
This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here: "Huge success"
>>
>>86797748
>sent to another country
fucking wow
>>
File: T1hZsVIm.jpg (33 KB, 285x320)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>86798829
>>86798749
>nice try, satan. I banish you back to /bgg/. gyg!
God blessit, foiled again!
>>
File: 20221121_124204[3591].jpg (487 KB, 2304x1296)
487 KB
487 KB JPG
>>86799227
It sucked bigly, third time it happened and it was the second time that year.
>>
>>86797322
>and have continued to be the most based creatures that have ever walked the globe.
Checked and holy kek. I think that's Dino Guy.
>>
>11 more days until the One Piece release
I am so fucking hype it's unreal
>>
File: Blackout Regicide Promo.jpg (882 KB, 2215x2964)
882 KB
882 KB JPG
Well lads, did any of you out there rack up some wins at your armory events lately? Bring out your prize winnings for all to see.

This has to be the most gorgeous card I own from the game. I really love the dark tones and the meticulous foiling. It's exquisite in hand, let me tell ya.
>>
>>86798113
> LSS already knows what they are going to release in Q4 next year.
good one
>>
>>86798113
>No assassin support
Your shitty prediction is shit as always
>>
Wixoss chads, I want to buy exactly 2 starter decks to play against each other and never change any cards. What should I buy?
>>
File: immobolizing shot.jpg (66 KB, 450x628)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>86798113
>Ranger and Assassin in the next draftable set
I'll probably be getting a couple cases of this one. That entire set is going to be pure sex for me. I cannot wait.

>ELE UNLIMITED
I would gladly sell my CF New Horizons and pocket the money I'd save by picking up the RF. Looking forward to it.

>third quarter player verses environment
Holy shit, this is going to be FaB's year isn't it? The year that it blazes headlong into a command and conquer with promise of plenty.

Mon 2 I'm actually the least excited for in that entire list, but I hope that Lite Guardian is fun and not completely finicky like light warrior.
>>
Oh fuck I forgot Everfest. Don't need much from that one, but there's a few things I'd like... Big miss-out on the cold foil bonanza because they ran pretty fat with items in first edition.
>>
>>86798821
>evolution isnt real.
>dinosaur bones are just the bones of nephlim and their children.
No no!
>>86799423
Who did the cards?
>>
File: 20221121_095843[3592].jpg (514 KB, 2304x1296)
514 KB
514 KB JPG
>>86800472
Check pic in the post for info >>86797748
I don't know how hard I can shill here, but I genuinely think these proxies are dope and I'd recommend them. I'm planning on getting some more to build an Aura Pegasus and Cruel Naga deck.
>>
>>86800350
Diagram is a good choice. Strong late game, versatile early game against any strategy.

No Limit if you like blitz. Strong start and the 1-2 punch of Glory Grow and Hirana’s 1/game are devastating. Late game cards are underwhelming otherwise.

Ancient Surprise is fun to play. Ramp, give trample, defend decently, bursty finishes.

Would recommend Diagram and Ancient Surprise if you’re only doing 2. The initial 6 are all fun against each other, even with Sanbaka and Uchu’s hangups. I’d also recommend buying/printing your second piece for the decks since the first starters only come with one. Chime (drawing), or Burning Curiosity (removal that doesn’t mesh well with Uchu), or Machina Guardian Dragon (balances No Limit a bit and ruins Card Jockey’s day) are all generic second pieces for purchase or proxy.

Oh also you could probably do Deus Ex Machina and the new Tama starter that’s out in December since they’re a bit better than the older decks, but I don’t know how they fare against each other.
>>
File: Nono.jpg (66 KB, 429x600)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>
File: frostback-bear.jpg (94 KB, 300x420)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
bearbump
>>
>>86801585
Yes
>>
>>86800599
NTA but that is that ig account supposed to have 0 posts? Where does that guy ship from anyways?
>>
>>86801585
>>86801595
>>
>>86800052
fuck that's pretty. congrats anon
>>
>spent 100 dollars to complete an entire set of my favorite rare old tcg 10 years ago
>now there are basically only 2 auctions of a random assortment of cards online, nowhere near a full set

who else feel powerful and beat they ass
>>
>>86797091
>fab op
based
>>
>>86801848
Cute Dragon.
>>
>>86801848
UNF
>>
File: 20200630_200656.jpg (2.2 MB, 3264x2448)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
>>86802115
>>
>>86797748
>>86800599
Had some proxies I wanted to make. On top of probably having to redo some from scratch due to poor image quality I wanted to mark their fronts and probably just have a blank back.

Don’t care about a dead game owner’s copyright but I hate the idea of my collection ending up somewhere and someone selling my fake shit as real.

>>86800599
If you can, do. We do love resources.

Shit looks nice.
>>
File: Battle spirits.png (1.35 MB, 909x889)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
From Battle spirits twitter video. Is this from a Japanese set or new?
>>
>>86803142
these cards from frame to foiling and art look cheap and off.
>>
>>86803487
These are test cards, they're not final
>>
>>86803748
I dont get why they dont just 1:1 the japanese cards which look good.
>>
>>86803882
Yeah but it's these Japanese companies man, they'll always prioritise themselves first.
Cards don't even look that bad, better than the shit they have for One Piece TCG
>>
>>86804152
yeah but that cash grab looks bad even in japanese.
>>
>>86804338
ur mum looks bad
>>
Are 1st edizione fab boxes worth it? Found a Monarch 1ed for about 110 bucks and wondering if it has any value compared to an unlimited one
>>
>>86801846
I confirmed with him and yes it is his account, IDK why he deleted all his image posts from a few months back. But he's from Romania which is why he gives zero fucks about copyright. You can also contact him on Facebook for commissions.
>>
>>86802115
What is the game
>>
>>86804429
The monarch box is in a strange spot right now, I'm not really positive if I would engage. Basically two heroes in the set have achieved soft sun-setting in classic constructed but are still playable in blitz for now. Keeping that in mind, you're looking at it spiking in price at some point when monarch 2.0 comes out because James White is on record for saying "there's important things in the set that people will need in the future." We don't know what he means by that, but I presume he is referencing to key light and shadow cards that were in the set and will be desirable when those two talents swing back around at the end of next year.

I say if you love those heroes and want something nice for them go for it, otherwise you can get two unlimited boxes of mon for $54 each and get double the cards for the same price. Both card pools will appreciate in value, but none more than 1st Edition.

Use caution here either way. Don't let fomo getcha.
>>
>>86800052
Is the assassin deck actually good? That card seems like it could be fucking nuts in the right deck.
>>
>>86804815
I'm mostly interested in hording some light and dark cards foe Prism or other heroes as I'm starting out, so getting unlimited is prob better i guess. I'm unsure how much more valuable is 1st compared to unlimited so that's why I asked
>>
>>86805361
Regicide is extremely good, in fact it's the sort of thing only FAB can do - which is why it's name is extra clever as it's the game killing the King (MTG)
>>
>>86805809
And is the deck viable when you don't draw it? My FaB knowledge is limited but I don't know about cards that could just search it directly from the deck. The deck seems to need a handful of turns to get things rolling without it.
>king slayer
You wish. That's still ways away.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o30d4Cwzn90&t=624s
Bro why the fuck did they use these awful looking demo cards... BAKA
>>
>>86797549
Great discussion points, I've put plenty of thought into this myself. Happy to expand upon this topic with you.

>Realistic
Possible benefits include being educational, brutal and allow for scenic and beautiful artwork (see pic related). If you're marrying the look of the game to its feel as well, then that means you lean more towards a bio diversity simulator, which could get mighty crunchy if you're always chasing reality. Were real dinosaurs tactical? Sure could be, but more animalistic than forward thinking (we presume based on brain size.) I feel like the game could break down into very nitty gritty tactical combat one way or the other, but it feels more at home with a natural and non fantastical approach.

Downsides include being too serious in tone to attract a wide dino-loving audience, while also being too convoluted to make it a sit down and play card game verses say a RPG or boardgame experience. Not to mention you've got to keep up with the fidelity of art to make sure everything fits into that realistic frame together. That can be costly and or time consuming.
>>
>>86805809
>it's the game killing the King (MTG)
I hate to break it to you anon, but your game wouldn't be condemned to /acg/ if it was on its way up. this is a place for the dead and obscure games, and like it or not you fit right in.
>>
>>86806078

>Cartoony
It's fun, whimsical, stylized and a lot less time consuming to produce assets for. The more lighthearted nature allows you to lean into more fantastical elements, like exploring dinosaur socialization, intelligence and tool use, which opens up a whole opportunity for crafting a unique dino society. The gameplay could be a little bit tactical but it frees itself up to have more fun than fiction.

Cons: Cute and Whimsical will offer a wider userbase to the detriment of up setting scientists. Don't worry about that one though, because scientists are never happy with the way dinos are portrayed.
>>
>>86805809
The king is long dead (Pokemon is larger than MTG).
>>
>>86805361
In blitz Arakni is a midrange nightmare that can destroy someone's deck before they get a chance to draw their bombs or set up. In classic constructed he tends to aim for the long game of fatiguing their opponent while searching for exploitable weaknesses.

>>86805897
>And is the deck viable when you don't draw it?
Absolutely. The thing about Arakni is that they're trying to murder your opponent's deck, forcing fatalities on every Assassin turn until little by little their battlefield preparations and allies fail them. Taking someone's good cards away from them is amazing, and the cherry on top is that if you're smart with contracts you can get paid handsomely for doing so. The Huntsman is an ambush style predator that forces the opponent into the hotseat and lays on the pressure until they make a mistake and incorrectly block an attack -- then BAM, you slap an attack reaction down and suddenly their goose is well and truly cooked. They lost cards from hand or in their deck and they potentially ruined their retaliating strike on the following turn. This character will probably rub people the wrong way who can't think under pressure or know when to block and when to lean into a full barrage of blows.

>>86805809
I know which post you're doing a parody of, and I still feel the exact same way about Regicide. It is a piece of tcg history, and serves as a fine centerpiece to the upheaval that is currently happening all around the cardboard world.
>>
>>
File: gorgosaurus.jpg (556 KB, 1600x1600)
556 KB
556 KB JPG
>>86807064
>>86806078
Then you can blur those two lines and just go for stylized but leaning towards realistic. That way you kinda get the best of both worlds, other than you can't really dial in the cute factor so easily.
>>
>>86807206
Interesting. I'll go check it out in a nearby tourney then. I don't want to bring it myself yet, I'll check out how others use it first.
>>
Is a box of Dynasty worth getting at $70? I'd like to get into FaB and Assassin seems cool.
>>
>>86807206
ogshillbro, link me an Arakni Blitz list
i will probably still play Prism tho
>>
>>86807206
The pseudo mill of picking cards of the top of their deck seems right up my alley.

>>86803142
Would like to see more normal finalized cards.
>>
>>86807740
It usually goes for around 150% of that. That's good even for scalping.
>>
>>86807740
If it is your first product, buy something like welcome to rathe or uprising first. Dynasty is a supplemental set, so if you buy just a box, you might not be able to build any decent decks with just that. If you buy a draftable set, with one box you will definitely be able to build a few decent casual blitz decks to play with.
>>
File: images (16).jpg (97 KB, 600x800)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>86807835
>someone else who knows of Digi-Battle
I never thought I'd see the day, you play or only collect?
And update on my ScoreZ progress, for casual build I've so far got:
Blue WGS Vegeta Energy MPPV
Freestyle MBS Majin Buu Majin Beats
Also contemplating a Red WGS Yamcha build but open for any off the beaten path strategies.
>>
File: hahaha.png (715 KB, 535x578)
715 KB
715 KB PNG
Been thinking about getting into Flesh & Blood but I have no experience with it. I was thinking about picking up the cards for a cheap, semi-competitive deck and trying it out, but I don't really know where to start.

In MTG I like to play midrange and graveyard decks, not really a fan of combo or control. Does anyone have a recommendation for a fairly cheap list to start with? Or maybe a couple, and I can test them online before ordering the cards.
>>
>>86808422
I haven’t played it since like year 1. I just have a few cards lying around I use as tokens or bump fodder. Fun to have laced in the collection and learn about the JP version.
>Blue WGS Vegeta Energy MPPV
Under-appreciated mastery, even if it isn’t going to break most formats.
>Red WGS
I use the Cell one, and there might be an actually decent way to use that +3 (+6 when clapped) if you didn’t want to use Trunks or GT/Fusion cards.
>>
>>86808493
Definitely do try playing on talishar net or goldfishing on felttable. The blitz decks are a great way to start feeling out some decks. I'd recommend either looking up the blitz of a hero that you'd like or a sample CC list off fabdb if you're feeling brave then getting playing.
>>
>>86808493
There's not much analogous gameplay going on between Magic archetypes and FAB archetypes, but from what you listed you like value grinding. If you don't care about competitiveness, you can try Bravo, Dromai, Rhinar, or Levia. I'd recommend them in that order. Bravo can be built for relatively cheap (no Tunic required, maindeck cards are all fairly cheap). He's midrange-control-y and is all about value grinding with his weapon on turns where he's not coming at you with a big attack.
Try this build: https://fabrary.net/decks/01GHBZEMK4QMF37G2SX29E28Z6
To make it cheap, get rid of Tunic, replace Crown with Helm of Isen's Peak, and replace the Command and Conquers with some random red attack like Crush Confidence or Mangle.

Dromai only really wants Flamescale Furnace as well. She's all about grinding out value with her dragons. She plays a little like Superfriends, but if you enjoy value grinding and a small amount of graveyard shenanigans, you can try her out.
Try this build:
https://fabrary.net/decks/01GHSQWWPQSWHZ1G6F3PEEEQ88
To make it cheaper, replace the two head slots with something negligible like Ironhide Helm and the Command and Conquers with Erase Face.

Levia is more expensive and honestly Levia's recursion package is built for those who like value grinding from graveyard but her builds are not particularly competitive or cheap.
Here's a sample build for her: https://fabrary.net/decks/01G7MCDW5J23E2JV7M78TRHXJ0
There's not much to make this cheaper here, as the most replaceable expensive cards in the deck are Art of Wars and Crown of Providence and they function as get out of jail free cards for when you don't draw a way to banish to turn off Blood Debt.

Anyway go try them on Talishar or Felttable.
>>
File: Huck.jpg (67 KB, 472x650)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>
>>86808654
Oh this is meant to be more fun brews for FocusedZ, I realized trying to build multiple Expanded decks would make my head spin.
I also think that Blue being weak is less that it's underpowered, but moreso that it has relatively balanced cards while every other style has at least a couple of bonkers design.
I forgot to mention I was trying to find a playable no mastery deck, the only ones I've seen though are either SWK Spirit Bomb or Goku Anger, and while the latter is more appealing I'm wondering if making one for beatdown even half playable is possible regardless.
>>
>>86808493
>a cheap, semi-competitive deck
Probably fai would be the cheapest to start off with, and you can collect his entire pool of cards in one box set (Uprising). I say buy a box of Up and see where you land. Trade away what you don't want at armory events, even if you're slapping down two jank majestics for one solid one for your deck.
>>
File: fai deck.jpg (172 KB, 671x1024)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>86809314
>>86808493
And like bare minimum just buy a blitz starter for fai and then hunt for some majestic and rares on singles sites, like TCGp
>>
>>86809189
That's cute
>>
>>86807740
You could probably buy most of the Assassin cards for that much.
If you buy a box you'll get up to 2 assassin cards per pack of varying rarity. There are 24 packs in a box.
>>
>>86809314
>>86809347
>>86809554
ngl, this seems like such an unbelievable pain in the ass
gotta play a minigame to get the pieces you need to start playing the game
>>
>>86809608
Are you baiting or have you never played a tcg before?
>>
>>86809608
You can also buy a case of each set and open most of the cards you would need for a competitive deck
>>
>>86809630
retard
>>
File: nogames.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>
I have a boosterbox case of fab coming in the mail. I keep refreshing the tracking like a crackhead. I can not wait to open an obscene amount of booster packs
>>
>>86809608
Nibba, it's a starter deck and a booster box. You buy the box, you open the box and sort them into class piles. Then you take all your class cards and start deckbuilding. If you're needing more blue pitch cards then buy blue singles. If you want the strongest version of a card get more reds. What's difficult about any of that?

Don't want to buy a booster box? Then go to tcg player, click flesh and blood on the tab, then on the left hand side there is a list of search tags that you can check to thin the list down. Boom, here's all ninja cards. Look through it to your hearts content and buy what you want.
>>
>>86809760
Amazon same day shipping retard
>>
>>86809997
For a case? Also fuck Bezos.
>>
I only buy last minute birthday gifts off amazon these days, everything else is carefully considered and occasionally an impulse buy while I'm out.
>>
>>86809763
I'm bored just reading that. How do I download a complete deck and play online?
How do I unlock new dances for my avatar? Is there a battle royale mode?
>>
Oh right, just bait then.

Well if anyone else out there really doesn't know where to start, then it's already been addressed.
>>
>>86809236
I did an ally build with that blue Mastery since there were a few blue things that cared about fetching it resing allies without me having to search or shell out for the good stuff. Drop beam allies. Fire beams with allies. Gain anger. Use the Cell Games Z-backed beam spam card. Good times to be had and Bojack and the like could fit the bill.

Since you’re in fun builds, the Red Cell Mastery could be a place to start. Lots of MPs have physical attacks on their 1-4/5 line of a decent effect on their 1/2. Even in a bit of a budget you can do a Rush imitation and have fun with the KBS anti-sensei red stuff. Cell maybe.

>find a playable no mastery deck
Oh boy have fun with that. Maybe you can find a few freestyle drills worth building around but that’s a tough one. Uh… a level 2 Goten and a level 1 promo Trunks gets two actions if you don’t have a Mastery.
>>
>>86809630
anons who play the good acgs are spoiled by availability
>>
Any good deck storage/carriers you'd reccomend? I need something to carry my new Netrunner shit in, and a cardboard box isn't going to cut it anymore.
>>
>>86810477
Ultimate Guard Boulders are pretty sturdy. If you want to carry multiple decks around, their Arkhives are nice too.
>>
File: Arak-Kneecapper.jpg (126 KB, 1487x847)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>86807782
It's got some pricey cards in it that could be swapped out for budget stuff, but this deck treated me very well at the opening armory event. Didn't have but the one surgical extraction, which is what I usually saved my Goliath Gauntlets for.

Mask (must have at least)
Tunic (it's his only option presently besides something that's pure defensive)
Goliath Gauntlet (Targeting C&C or SEx)
Snapdragon Scalers ( Poor man's Blacktek)

Pitch a blue, attack with the knife, then floating 1 for an attack OR a free attack and a razor reflex or something. That's your ambush predator approach.
>>
File: 20200608_160406.jpg (1.9 MB, 3264x2448)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB JPG
>>86810487
Can confirm, good products.
>>
File: common alternatives.png (1015 KB, 1204x816)
1015 KB
1015 KB PNG
>>86810597
I know Tunic is powerful, but calling it the only option aside from simple defense is bizarre.
>>86810477
Second for the Ultimate Guard Boulders being the ideal deckbox. They're cheap and sturdy; everything else is either overdesigned or utter garbage.
There's all sorts of longboxes from different brands that will do the job if you're wanting to store an entire game, rather than just the decks you're playing. I don't really have a preference there.
>>
No offense to you FAB guys but with how popular the game is now. You guys need your own thread.
>>
>>86811179
Yeah I said there's some pricey things there, but you can totally sub a deep blue for a tunic and get away with it just fine. Frankly none of those options other than Ironhide are useful if you do own a tunic though.
>>
>every character on the december promo apart from arakni is definitely female
more fuel for my "arakni is secretly a cute girl" fire
>>
>>86811035
>>86811179
Boulders do look nice.
>>
>>86811486
>if you own a Tunic
I know, but the "mandatory Tunic" meme is everywhere and I want to make sure anon doesn't think he needs to have Tunic to even start.
If I was starting fresh with Arakni, I'd 100% choose to upgrade to Blacktek well before getting a Tunic.
>>
>>86798329
Clearly that’s a golem that stole a beast’s tongue to complete the disguise.
>>
>>86811425
It dies in 3 days with under 300 posts, they tried a few times now, sadly.
>>86811892
Lets wait for a card art revealing more of him.
>>86798329
Dragons are dinosaur with wings.
>>
>>86811928
Who said anything about mandatory? I own a tunic so it's the only notable option in the chest slot for me right now. Likewise I don't own blacktek, but I do substitute with scalers and do well.

I'm not advertising this as a budget deck, I just tossed up something I took to an event because that guy wanted to see a blitz deck for Assassin.
>>
>>86811997
Not you, retards elsewhere. Like reddit or even my locals
>>86810597
>Tunic (it's his only option presently besides something that's pure defensive)
Could be read as having more weight than you probably meant to someone unfamiliar with the game and I wanted to address that. I'm not trying to fight you, anon.
>>
>>86812040
It's cool man, I'm just trying to be clear about my intentions.
>>
How much is an Unlimited RF Fyendals Tunic selling for these days? (AUD)
>>
>>86812153
>AUD
lmao
First you have to find one for sale inside the country. You'll probably have to try facebook groups and discords, neither of which I'm familiar with. I wouldn't buy from ebay for fear of fakes.
Funfact: If we assume 120k boxes of WTR unlimited were printed, a rough estimate says there should be around 6k unlimited RF Tunics worldwide. Which is going to be a pretty funny number compared to active players if FaB keeps growing.

I think relatively low pop chase cards are fun, but resident cardboard communists are welcome to seethe now. Starting with UPR the top level legendaries are going to be even more scarce because of the reduced print runs and negative market sentiment around FaB. You don't need to hurry, but don't count on this shit being around forever.
>>
Tried WWG Akino a bit. Someone played WWW Akino recently too. Might go between Akino and Tama when 6 comes out.

Anyone have any interesting ideas for Ulith? Almost feels like the best generic level 3 black SIGNI is still just Anna Mirage.
>>
>>86812306
Very interesting but what would you value one currently?
>>
Isn't FAB kind of limited in what can be done in the design space?
>>
>>86812672
No? Why would it be?
>>
File: spoonfeeding.jpg (24 KB, 900x600)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>86812599
I have no idea what they're selling for within Australian markets, but the ebay sold listings range from $250-$330 dollarydoos not including shipping. There are some outliers, of course.
>>
>>86812682
because it's designed around attacks and not permanents
>>
>>86812704
I could see why you would think that, but Auras are basically permanents.
>>
>>86812672
Given the weird shit similar games have done, I’d guess not. It’s not the first game to be like this.
>>
>>86809189
Reminds me of the art on some of the early pokemon cards and second wave of digimon cards.
>>
>>86812672
Yeah, bro, there are only so many lightning bolts you can design. FaB has basically used all its design space already.
It has all the same rule machinery that MtG has, plus a little extra. Not everything can import 1-1, but there's at least as much room there. Key numbers like health and hand size are also controlled by cards, so in the far future and very worst case it would be possible to raise them to force new room. (I think that would be best avoided though)
>>
>>86812766
Could you make skullclamp in FaB?
>>
>>86812775
Literally, yes. You could also build it into a minion-based class designed around doing the classic exploit of killing 1 toughness creatures to draw cards at will. The tuning would be different to MtG, but the same functions are entirely possible.
>>
>>86812704

It seems pretty obvious that the lever they have for layering on complexity is with talents. They all center around more deliberate setup which coincides with the fundamentals of the game being playing tempo with each hand and exchange. Elemental fusion is pretty basic, but light and shadow alone utilizing other zones shows it off pretty well. With just those two you can conceptualize any given class doing unique stuff that takes more foresight than just running out your hand on autopilot each turn.
>>
File: TUS-021.jpg (53 KB, 480x670)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>86807433
Thats cool, I am just gonna be over here simping for my dino/cthulu waifu and her big dino finishers. Somewhere in Reiya cluster FoW decided that cthulu and dinos are bros: ancient ones and ancient monsters
>>
I wish I had anyone to play Universus with now that my one friend who played it moved away.
>>
>>86812775
fabgots can't help but lie to protect their "investments"
the design space of that "game" was used up as soon as it launched, and it has since been mathematically proven to have no strategy
>>
>>86812306
>muh investment
fuck off, retard
>>
>>86812775
Could you make Exceed in Magic?
>>
>>86812939
Are rulers for the newest and last couple releases still like $20-50?
>>
>>86812940
No locals or other people you know?

Were you playing MHA, older, or even older stuff? Played a Darkstalkers deck once.
>>
>>86798162
give spear plz

>>86812824
You side cards out of your deck at the start of a CC game, right? Where do those cards go?
>>
>>86813422
>You side cards out of your deck at the start of a CC game, right? Where do those cards go?
You register an 80 card list, and at the start of a game reveal your hero to the opponent. Each of you then select your equipment and construct a minimum 60 card deck to play from your 80 registered cards.

The cards you "side out" go to the same "place" sideboards go in other games. They're not part of the game.
>>
>>
>>86813336
Supposedly there are some people around, since I talk to the store owner and there's enough sales of the MHA stuff for him to keep ordering lots of it (Although I think he also just orders huge amounts of every set of every game he stocks to sit on and sell later when it goes out of print), but he doesn't have enough of a grasp on when people might want to play it to actually schedule an event, and also most of them go in on weekdays when I can't be there.
I got into it with the MHA set, and my deck is MHA legal with the simplified construction, but my friend was playing with cowboy beebop stuff, and I've looked into what was around in older sets. I'll probably still keep up with it when MHA rotates out though.
>>
>>86809189
What a hideous card frame.
>>
>>86809189
Inside you, there are two tigers. Both tigers are gay. You are gay.
>>
>>86814097
Sounds hot.
>>
>>86814097
Are the gay tigers having sex?
>>
>>86814097
is one a trap at least?
>>
File: DBSCG Gogeta 100k.jpg (280 KB, 700x976)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
Can DBS Card Game be redeemed?
It has become less of a game and more a collectible since the lockdowns, and the recent zenkai cards have pushed powercreep even further beyond.
Aside from the IP itself, the game no longer has strong points against other card games.
>>
>>86815107
I came from Yu-gi-oh to this game and to see it fall so badly is sad. Game isn't going to grow and you have Battle Spirits Sagaand One Piece TCG where you'll see players migrate from DBS to them.

Zenkai stuff definitely hasn't helped.
>>
10 more days until One Piece releases bros
>>
>>86814988
Traps aren't gay.
>>
>>86813248
>repeat same garbage
>never show "proof"
Damn nogame ishygddty
>>
>>86816050
>nogame
say the fabggot
>>
>>86813248
How much have you spent on yoru MTG collection so far that fab makes you this butthurt?
>>
>shitposters spams and goes “no u”
Remember to report and ignore
>>
>>
>>86814004
Ah cool. Sucks about finding players but maybe it doesn’t sound doomed.
>>
>>86815107
>>86815447
>zenkai made it worse
That’s a shame. An extra deck doesn’t have to fuck a game over… though I guess it’s not a good sign when it’s introduced this far in and creep was always an issue with the game’s design.
>>
File: coal_cards(1).png (663 KB, 921x470)
663 KB
663 KB PNG
PH started rolling out spoilers for the next Ashes set and the solo/co-op mode
>https://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/2022/11/23/red-rains-are-coming/

- player decks are getting a new cycle of seven single color expansions starting with ceremonial.
- each PB is getting a new unique. they can take both, but max 3 total.
- the co-op mode is players vs a chimera (looks like a dragon monster here). there will be "at least" 3 of these mini expansions. looks like an opposition scenario like in champions or LotR.
>>
File: 03.png (1.34 MB, 733x1039)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
December Shop Tournament promo
Greed Fighter, Erika
<Territory> [AUTO] When your other unit is returned to hand, this unit gets Power +3000 and [Blitz] until the end of the turn. You may only activate this ability up to once per turn.
>>
>>86815107
Nope, most stores have already dropped it and all the players seem to be jumping to one piece.
>>
>The game has cards with numerical values

Into the trash it goes
>>
>>86818209
I have a friend who dismisses all TCGs as just a bunch of simple math with silly steps in between.
I've yet to prove him wrong.
>>
File: kgapdn_web1.jpg (77 KB, 1200x800)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>86818296
Your friend must fucking HATE science
>>
>>86797671
Sex.
>>
>>86813304
Last set had a new problem: they printed the contracts at the ruler rarity. So to judgement required up to 4 30 dollar cards.
>>
>>86817205
I mean I see the post you're talking about and they made an actual point after in response. So, you're the shitposter?
>>
>>86818296
Tell him that his favorite hobby is just a bunch of simple math with silly steps in between.
>>
So do you think One piece will be played or are fans just getting their favorite characters and waifus?
>>
>>86819375
I'm literally just going to get my favorite characters.
If it becomes playable or not, that's another matter.
>>
File: Melissa.jpg (559 KB, 1353x1766)
559 KB
559 KB JPG
!!
>>
>>86818209
This is why i like ortus regni
No numbers, nor text, to be found
>>
File: 1637357928033.jpg (20 KB, 598x554)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>"Finance fags are killing TCGS!"
>Buys your corpse

Finance chads cant stop winning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA5b6V-2AFo
>>
boulderbros, how do you keep your cold foils? I was doing 11 pro-mold mini snaps in an 80+ but that means I have to have 2 deck boxes just for CC which is lame as fuck
do I downgrade my equipment so I can fit everything in one box or go up to a flip’n’tray which honestly is super bulky by comparison (the 160 is like 4 80+)
no I will not keep my CFs in a regular double sleeve because you have to fit a minimum of 81 cards per box and if you need multiple tokens on top of that it gets very uncomfortable for the front cards
>just go up to a 100+
I want the cards to be snug and not move, but not too snug to start wearing the sleeves just by being in the box and I’d realistically would only have room for 2-3 mini snaps afterwards which is too little for a CF load out
thank you for reading my autism
>>
>>86818296
Sounds like a great way to exercise your brain and keep it from getting weak and tired. I bet folks who regularly play puzzle or strategy based card games have way lower rates of dementia from having to keep a mental inventory of cards, mechanics, rules and interactions.
>>
>>86820036
All they need to do is switch to textured glossy foiling for the art and keep the oxidized metallic look for the borders and those are some of the best looking parallel rarities out there.
>>
>>86815107
At this point I don't think anything can save it (gameplay wise) other than a reboot and implementing rotation. Power creep was too much and too fast. Of course actually doing that wi scare off the remaining customer base so it'll never happen.

Side question, has there ever been a game that implemented rotation and reversed power creep?

>>86817359
It came with a big push of power creep. Finishers used to cost 5 energy, though they had IIRC creeped down to 4 before zenkai. In zenkai set 1 there's a 2 energy finisher in red
>>
>>86797091
Does Crouching Tiger exist in FaB only as a token? Or could you slap a few into your deck at construction?
>>
>>86820714
They aren't a token and they have a cost, I think you can put them in your deck but I don't know why you would unless you're already running all the other generators.
>>
>>86818110
>all the players seem to be jumping to one piece.
I don't think I can jump to one piece. The game seems like a straight downgrade to DBS, or at least what DBS used to be.
>>
>>86817627
huh. So it's a new set of unique cards, but they're considered together for both number of copies and first five. So you can only have three total. Coal, Noah, Jessa and Brennen in this first set. Plus I guess at least 9 or 10 new cere cards assuming it's meant to be playable out of the box.

that's interesting. so for the Coal example the new Final Stand replaces a copy of 100 Blades. meaning Coal doesn't really get better, it's kind of a sidegrade, which is fine. probably same deal with Jessa unless she gets a summon, hard to compete with Fear. But for Noah and Brennen a new unique has to be an upgrade, right? their current ones are ass. That's kind of a scary prospect for Brennan, she was already a goddamn monster.
>>
doing up to 25% off on my ebay store, you can buy something if you want b-baka
>>
>>86818296
tcgs are build your own art book that act as randomized adventure book generators. the game is just half the content and your friend had the unfun kind of autism.
>>
Why does the art in this game have to look so bad
>>
Why did none of you assholes tell me that Ashes got a reprint? I've been wanting to try that game forever. A friend of mine got the starter box two years ago and it was pretty damn fun.
>>
>>86808422

>Digi-Battle

I played. I even had all 4 of the Street Digi-Battle starters. Seems like you can hardly find those on the secondary market these days. I got all mine from Wal Mart.
>>
How do sealed Bandai products work financially speaking?

Would it be stupid to spec into preorders of One Piece tcg booster boxes? Immediate resell or long term hold since it's the first set?

How did it go for Digimon and Dragonball?
>>
>>86822087
You should go all in, they are going to absolutely explode in value. Anything less than $400 is a steal.
>>
>>86821765
That's perfectly cromulent art.
>>
>>86822202
Going to explode when?
There is no way they are reaching that number anytime soon
>>
>>86821968
If he got it two years ago it probably is the reprint. The original was 2015, reborn was 2020.
good game either way. if you or yours have the old white box stuff you'll want to track down the upgrade kit.
>>
File: LABRAMON-BO-271S.jpg (125 KB, 534x738)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>86822072
The first two are a bit uncommon but yeah the last two I seldom see for under $10 on a single.
Similar thing with Series 5 and 6, 4 too to a lesser extent.
Was able to pick up this bad boy for around $40 some time ago but I've gotten out of the game and am trying to downsize a lot of it.
>>
>>86822533
>trying to downsize a lot of it.
Like any Gatomon?
>>
>>86820568
betrayed by boulder bros :^(
>>
>>86822400
Verry soon, quick, put all your money into boxes right now!
>>
File: Gatomon-Bo-15.jpg (107 KB, 552x762)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>86822627
I only have two of these Gatomons but unlimited, not the other prints though.
If you have a list of what you want try sending it, I'll see what I can do.
Have an email also if you prefer that.
>>
File: 20220719_104447.jpg (1.53 MB, 3199x1873)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
>>86822677
I would absolutely love one of those gatomon for the binder. I have several from the new game, but none from the OG game. Are they expensive?
>>
>>86822652
>boxes
*cases
>>
>>86820568
Minisnaps are retarded. If you have something you genuinely want to preserve use a penny sleeve(NOT A PERFECT FIT) with a card saver and stash it away in a climate controlled room. Consider grading if the centering and corners are good enough.
You cards will suffer minor wear if you use them. Accept this.
>>
>>86822767
Don't limit yourself to cases. After you buy as many cases as you can, put the rest into loose boxes! Gogogogoggogogogogo!
>>
>>86822806
FREE TENDIES
>>
>>86822087
Buy the rumor sell the news.
If you really want to do this you have to sell while the mania lasts. "Long term" and "mass produced collectibles" do not go together.
ESPECIALLY when it's Bandai.
>>
>>86822692
Not really, the cheapest seems to be $3-$6 for unlimited.
>>
>>86822879
Oh, yes, I'd absolutely love one then. Would you sell one for $20? My email is yetanotherthrowaway012@gmail.com
>>
File: 1657161667470.png (442 KB, 400x558)
442 KB
442 KB PNG
>>
>>
>>86824575
>Hagposting
>>
>>86820599
I agree, the foiling on the borders is beautiful.
>>
>>86822072
>all 4 of the Street Digi-Battle starters
I’m only familiar with the initial starter set.
>>
>>86824575
Id like to be the signi she is placed ontop of if you catch my drift
>>
File: card_spread.png (826 KB, 1055x530)
826 KB
826 KB PNG
so superficially this looks a lot like the keyracken or one of the villains from champions. the AI deck plays cards and dice that make your life hard and you try to knock down its life total before it fucks your shit up. well tread ground, and most of what's interesting about this exercise is going to be seeing how that interacts with the core mechanics.I'll withhold judgement on that until I actually have a chance to play it.
It's a funny trend. this solo play stuff seems to be everywhere now. I think I saw someone on here mention that FAB was planning to do something similar eventually. and we've been hearing rumors about this one for a year or more.

I don't know how I feel about it. ashes got a rep as the patrician 1v1 game, and did it by focusing on curating that mode to the exclusion of all else. hopefully supporting this new mode does not distract them from that goal; they don't have a large team.
>>
>>86825480
They're doomed. It's ogre. Should have never tried making anything casual. Ruins everything ever. Hardcore "this game is my entire life, and my life is SERIOUS" only.

Gone. Ruined. May as well play mtg now.
>>
>>86825958
>It's ogre
I mean that seems a little dramatic. It's a fantasy setting. I don't see how kaiju-sized AI controlled tank fortresses even enter in to it.
>>
>>86826173
>I don't see how kaiju-sized AI controlled tank fortresses even enter in to it.
Through portals, of course.
>>
>>86826189
I don't see how simplified beginner sets even enter in to it.
>>
>>86822087
It would be stupid yes. I remember the same craze surrounding digimon and it did not last. I'm still sitting on digimon since that craze died down over a year ago.

I'm in it for the long game now, and who knows if a good opportunity will come around any time soon. Don't be like me holding bandais incompotency for ransom.
>>
>>86826330
The thing is I really enjoy One Piece, so even if I don't flip it just from a collector standpoint it would be worth it.

Guess I will just wait for new waves of reprints and grab a few boxes than and hold them for the long run
>>
>>86826708
Hey if you love the product, go for it. Just be aware it isn't free tendies season anymore. Furthermore, bandai is absolutely shameless about power creep, so they're going to not age as well as you would like as game pieces. Collectors pieces sure, but you'll find no nippon lotus in there if you catch my meaning.
>>
>>86826330
>I'm still sitting on digimon
I mean, *somebody* has to be left holding the bag. the math doesn't balance any other way.
>>
File: 1647994206879.jpg (277 KB, 1169x1381)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
>>86822087
You are already late to the party.
>>
File: dorinthea.png (504 KB, 389x564)
504 KB
504 KB PNG
>>86808493
>>86808757
>>86808967
>>86809314
>>86809347
Alright, newfag checking back in, after playing some games on Felttable I think the decks I like best are actually basic shit like Ira or Dorinthea (both in Blitz). The game is cool but a bit overwhelming for me coming from years of MTG, makes me feel like a brainlet, so I think these simpler aggro strategies are easier for me to get behind for now.

Ordered the cards for a cheap Dorinthea deck (shit was like $9), what are the first upgrades I should look into? I'm gonna just jam some games with my budget list for a while, but if I keep having fun is there a set I should buy from to gamble on getting good upgrades? Historic Pack maybe?
>>
>>86827799
First upgrades should be maindeck cards for Dori:
-Glint the Quicksilver
-Steelblade Supremacy
-Spoils of War
-Singing Steelblade
-1-2x Rout
-1-2x Ironsong Determination
-1x Nourishing Emptiness
-Glistening Steelblade (kinda pricey)
-Courage of Bladehold (kinda pricey but less so than Glistening)

From there you should have pretty much everything that Dori needs outside of generic flex slots/sideboard slots (C&C, Estrike, Erase Face) and pricey equipment (Crown of Providence, Tunic, and Braveforge Bracers).
>>
If you buy single boxes in FAB do you get screwed? Like do people open cases until they find a legendary, then sell the "bad" boxes in the remainder of the case?
>>
>>86820491
Maybe should have invested some in lightning and furniture to get rid of the room echo.
>>
>>86828451
Fab 2.0 prevents that from being so predictable. Someone might hit a cold foil legendary in the first or second box of a case, and then tell themselves "all the value of the case is used up." But with the next box possibly holding a Marvel fabled, since they're on totally different frequencies of occurring, you never know what you're passing up on until you open the rest up. It's too risky to just buy cases and luck roll off the top half of a box.
>>
>>86828451
I don't think the distribution works like that. If you're worried about it, buy from an LGS which doesn't crack for singles (a lot don't) because they buy by the case and only open boxes for boosters. I got a box from an LGS and pulled a Fabled CnC.
Always remember it's still gambling and unless you want to fill out play sets of commons, it's going to be cheaper to buy singles. Even cheaper is asking whales at your local for commons and rares, because they probably have more than they care to store.
>>
>>86828451
Most likely yes. Same reason as to why you never buy single boosters.
Unless you know who are the people in the entire chain of distribution, and completely trust that not a single one of them wants to make an extra penny, you should always open cases.
There is a reason why those people who opens packs never ever buy single boxes unless they are from some very old set.
>>
Saw earlier someone talking about Genpaku being a crap L5R set. Is it just the power creep? Does it extend to all of Emperor or is it isolated to those sets? I’m looking at the cards available on wholesalegaming and I see the Emperor starters and know I don’t have strongholds for all clans from years ago. There are some cheap booster boxes there so it might be fun to open a few and relearn if there isn’t a particular set I should avoid.
>>
>>86829877
I really like that card. Holy fuck that's cool
>>
A word of advice to OP fags, don't play Bandai's official rules for draft, they'll fuck it up again.

In DBS in both sealed and limited for some reason Bandai decided that rather than deck out losing you the game you would just reshuffle. This made one of the best limited formats one of the worst limited formats playing by their rules. There's a powerful draw engine that's capable of drawing an obscene amount of cards in the set, if you play with deck outs it's a risk/reward system, if you don't it completely dominates the format. I've also topped a sealed event I had no business winning with those rules, my deck was literally just stall tools, draw and the promo everyone got access to and I won the event because I could keep recycling one card.

Digimon uses rainbow rules for limited, which is kind of necessary to make sealed work, but in draft it completely undercuts your decision making to "take best rookie then take best non-rookie" without having to worry about shit like colour.
>>
>>86829949
Yeah I like sealed but DCG's is unfortunate, makes deckbuilding not nearly as much fun
>>
Post future "take the money and run" failures ITT
OH NONONONNOOO AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
1.1million (+tip) and over 3000 suckers fooled out of their cash.
>>
>>86830028
If you want to play Digimon in limited, draft works fine under a few conditions
1. You get blank eggs. Similar to basic lands in an MTG draft everyone can use "blank eggs" of whatever color they want in deck construction. Basically they are lv2 of a particular colour with no inheritable.
2. Ignore the rainbow rule. Cards can only digivolve from cards they normally could.
3. No rookie rush. Everyone should be working on building a "normal" ~2 colour deck rather than stealing all the rookies so no one has fun.
>>
>>86830066
Kinda disgusting how every yugioh youtuber sold out to these fucks.
>>
>>86830124
The game's basically Yu-Gi-Oh, why wouldn't they?
>>
>>86830152
>most of them never shilled for any other card game in like 10 years
>it looks like ass and a cash grab
>everyone made fake as fuck videos to sell it
If you cant see why this is disgusting you might just be kind of dumb.
>>
>>86830124
>every yugioh youtuber
Nah, only the western ones, which is exactly your problem.
>>
File: FhmCc_tUAAAo8C2.jpg (672 KB, 2100x2800)
672 KB
672 KB JPG
>>
>>86830180
>>most of them never shilled for any other card game in like 10 years
What other Yu-Gi-Oh clone came out in the last 10 years?
>it looks like ass and a cash grab
So does Yu-Gi-Oh.
>everyone made fake as fuck videos to sell it
So it's the Yu-Gi-Oh community then. I've seen videos from them that look like a pack of howler monkeys, forced enthusiasm is the asthetic of a lot of that corner of the internet.
>>
>>86830307
Yeah well thats the only ones that matter.
>>86830314
Alright, kill yourself.
>>
>>86830066
More like Molestrolls
>>
why the fuck are we talking about yugioh foh with that shit
>>
File: 1664046104754736.jpg (191 KB, 1336x1394)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>86830332
>Created by a pokemon player
>Has a discord full of troons
>UwU cutesy artstyle and stolen game mechanics
90% guaranteed this is a pedo groomer operation.
>>
>>86830325
You are just a frog in a well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czxch_MZNU0&ab_channel=%E3%81%82%E3%81%BE%E3%81%8F%E3%81%A0%E3%82%8A
>>
>>86830325
Sorry I offended you by insulting your beloved Yu-Gi-Oh community

>>86830391
Because there's finally an /acg/ that copies it.
>>
>>86830449
I hate the Yugioh community. Your post was just really dumb.
>>
Hmmm...
>>
>>86830455
Dumber than expecting Yu-Gi-Oh e-celebs to shill non-yugioh clones but not shill Yu-Gi-Oh clones?
>>
File: 1647725374619.png (1.15 MB, 1672x860)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>people can't stop shutting up about how elestrals is like one of the big 3
>decide to check out their mechanics
>see pic related
Kek, and people backed this scam?
>>
They're doing more advertising that crap like Grand Archive. I'll give them props to them.
>>
>>86830066
I hate the art I hate the system but from a marketing perspective they are doing everything right. The yugioh ads make sure they're shilling to potential players and not investors but they still try to appeal to that crowd with rarity autism. The guy making it basically pumped his own money into it and is using kickstarter as an ad campaign. So he actually has shit to show people to prove its not a scam. They even announced an online client. Legitimately all the right moves are made here. Hope it kills Metazoo.
>>
>>86830594
i don’t think MZ needs any help killing itself lmao
>>
>>86830066
I dont get promoting this to yugioh players when it looks like neopets.
>>
>>86830704
The gameplay is basically Yu-Gi-Oh, but with Chain Energy always active.
>>
anyone else here invest 25,000 dollars into an acg just to say you're the best, but actually fail at it completely?
>>
>>86830852
There was a kid in Yugioh who pulled a rare card and refused to play with the other kids because there'd be no point, as his card was just that much better than theirs.
>>
>>86829877
Mostly just the power creep. It's hella fun to play tho.
>>
File: 1666041727797926.jpg (89 KB, 600x800)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>86830594
>To prove it's not a scam
You shouldnt have to prove it's not a scam unless they are trying to hide something. Its very clear to me that this shit is an out and out money grab. From their website being filled with placeholder text, the constant updates where Dan screams that features will only happen when a certain amount is hit on a certain day. Hell many cards dont even have fucking art, and their foils look like someone photoshopped a star filter on it. Let's not even mention the constant free additions to every backer, they could have just given them away for free earlier, they just chose to now in order to get more retards to part with their money.
>>
>>86830886
Will consider that, thanks. Not looking to get into competitive or some specific format.
>>
Open Batoru?
>>
>>86830920
The dev burned himself out and abandoned it, but he never released the code either. It's dead with next to no chance of revival.
>>
>>86830914
Yeah, competitive l5r afaik is all the LCG version. Unless you're in the Philipines, South America, or Indonesia or something.
>>
>>86830904
>You shouldnt have to prove it's not a scam unless they are trying to hide something.
Or you're operating in a market place with a reputation for scams.
>Hell many cards dont even have fucking art,
Art is one of the most expensive parts of /tg/, and especially card game production so this is fairly standard for Kickstarter.

No one is saying this is a good game or that it's not a money grab, but you're not doing yourself any favours by throwing out bad arguments.
>>
>>86797091
I'm thankful for this general, where I can post with my friends who are kind and accepting of the card game that I have chosen to collect and play. Thanks, guys.
>>
>>86831250
I'm thankful for this anon being a cool guy.
>>
bros... it's time anon's game got its own general
anon's game spam is drowning out discussion and shitting up the thread
FUCK ANON'S GAME
>>
>>86830066
>>86830495
>>86830533
I'd still unironically try it if booster boxes were like $30
>>
>>86831374
just wait a few months and it will be
>>
>>86831374
I'd try most games if they were draftable and had $30 boxes.
>>
>>86831374
>>86831411
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Those of us in the know from Rudy's Patreon Discord are getting ready for another MetaZoo level journey to the moon.
>>
>>86831561
shut up dipshit
if you keep talking about stuff like this EVERYONE is going to get in on it
we only want them to buy in after our assets have appreciated dumbass
>>
>>86825480
I think this is going to be good. Even if the enemy deck isn't super original, the ashes core rules will make it pretty different from anything else.
I already printed proxies of Final Stand and it's badass.
>>
Ready for the fab EXPLOSION when pve comes out and slurps up the casual commander crowd?

Hope youre hodling everfest
>>
>>86832144
Given how many times I’ve played myself in cards over the years… I don’t hate games making a for of PvE.
>>
File: as.jpg (143 KB, 1079x1044)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>86830920
>>
>>86832496
doesn’t matter now, most weebs moved on
>b-but muh cereal cards
good fucking luck finding a buyer
>>
>>86832298
we were talking about the Ashes Reborn PVE coming out after the new year. have we actually seen anything for the FaB one other than rumors?
>>
>>86822798
my CFs aren’t gradable anyway (off center) so i just double sleeve now, pretty comfy and saves space
>>
>>86832538
>cereal
salad, actually
>>
>>86832561
if you collect all 7 they should fly out a JAV cosplayer dressed as tama to bone you
>>
>>86832548
Nothing officially announced other than secondhand hearsay from pro players banquets
>no new classes in 2023
>a new light illusionist is coming
>all existing card pools/heroes will get more support
>PVE has been in development for almost a year and will be more like DnD
>>
>>86830311
Gonna scratch the fuck out of that tablet.
>>
>>86831059
But it had tournaments. There aren’t any holdouts or yearly things where people go hard on the tcg?
>>
>>86832621
>PVE has been in development for almost a year and will be more like DnD
so it's going to be an RPG with FAB cards? that's gotta be something lost in the translation, doesn't make a lot of sense. then again it might still be something that's just backburner/hypothetical. a year with no show is too long if it was under active development.
>>
New

>>86833897
>>86833897
>>86833897
>>
>>86797582
I’m making a game about ferocious monsters and I’m adding cat girls in set 2. It’s too good for marketing, principles be damned.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.