[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Vugar Gashimov grave.jpg (61 KB, 480x330)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
In memoriam edition

>Free online playing:
https://lichess.org

>Free online chess variants:
https://www.pychess.org

>Tactics trainers:
https://chesstempo.com
https://blitztactics.com
https://chesscup.org

>Guess the entire opening sequence:
https://jackli.gg/chessle

>Chess books:
https://pastebin.com/VykJGpzS

>Masters games, tournaments calendars, live & results:
https://pastebin.com/GaJeZtSd

>Join our team:
https://lichess.org/team/vietnamese-basket-weaving-forum

>Previous threads:
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/chess/type/op
>>
UGH!!!!! I know, you want me to believe Hans cheated, because you can't stand the thought of even some anonymous nobody on a Taiwanese cock-sock board seeing through the Magnus deflections, being laser-focused on OTB cheating ifs and hows, and looking upon your mind with absolute disdain!!!!
But I'm just not gonna cooperate!!! I'm just not!!! UGH!! I'm sorry... I know!!!
>>
ACTUAL TOP 5 RANKINGS
1. Magnus
2. Nepo
3. Caruana
4. Ding
5. Nakamura
>>
>>86126346
previous:
>>86120607
>>
>>86126346
was Fischer right?
>>
>>86126373
Yes.
>>
>>86126373
lmfao I love him so much
>>
File: giant_board.jpg (310 KB, 1595x895)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
>>86126178
chess commentators should use a giant board to do analysis during tournaments.
>>
>>86126384
lol we used to, that's where they got it from. I think they showed it in the Queen's Gambit
>>
ACTUAL TOP 5 RANKINGS
1. Fischer
2. Magnus
the rest?
Fuck 'em. But Tal gets an honorable mention because he's half dinosaur and that is very cool.
>>
File: gogogogo.jpg (205 KB, 1024x1005)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
Stop playing this children's game called chess. Play Go instead. Truly the thinking man's board game. Beyond the beyond.
>>
>>86126401
1. Kasparov
2. Fischer
3. Magnus
4. Karpov
>>
>>86126178
1) Should there be a traditional uniform for official chess tournaments? And
2) (Because obviously the answer is yes) What should it be?

I would favour anything that makes you look like a wizard. Male and female variants are OK.
>>
>>86126401
I meant currently playing, dad
>>
>>86126408
I'm convinced this is actually true but it gets zero respect from people in the US. If I tell somebody I play "go" they're going to say "what the fuck is that" but if it's chess then it's "oh you're a fucking nerd then" which is more palatable because at least they assume i'm smart this way
>>
>>86126416
Kasparov was the first human ever to lose to a computer. Him bringing shame to all of chest history means he will never be GOAT.
>>
>>86126373
This is what's going to happen to Magnus. We train these prodigies to destroy themselves.
>>
>>86126408
Civilization is the board game for real geniuses.
>>
>>86126408
But I'm white.
>>
>>86126431
>>
>wake up
>still no proofs
>>
>>86126408
As someone who has played both, and is decently okay at both (1800 chess, 'I know how to play and can win sometimes' in Go) I can confirm that Go is a far more high-level game.

So much is going on in Go it's nuts. Every move has a dozen opportunity costs you have to consider along with tactics and strategy.
>>
>>86126364
Hans is already getting so much sympathy from higher-ranked chess-playing e-girls. By the time these allegations are proven to be unfounded and Magnus is finished, Hans will probably have impregnated the entire top 10 or 20% of chess-playing women. The next generation of GMs is going to be all Hans' seed.
>>
>>86126416
This is objectively correct to anyone intelligent. The only there's a debate is because there are so many stupid people in the world, and somehow even more in this general. You heard me. It defies physics. Wild. By the way Anand is 5 since you seem to have left that open. It's not open. He's 5.
>>
>>86126398
we need to bring them back, pronto. it's way more soulful than just reading off engine lines on a computer.
>>
>>86126437
So why do you play an Indian game like chess? Play a truly European game like... eh... Uno, I guess? kek
>>
>>86126441
The Chinese are the most intelligent race on Earth, so this just makes sense.
>>
>>86126444
Still not a thing. Cease this nauseating fantasy.
>>
>>86126420
Only shorts. Force people to get into shape.
>>
>>86126444
Yes, for the most part, the only people running cover for Magnus are those associated with his financial enterprises or those who gifted him championship wins in suspicious circumstances. There are exceptions like So, who's still seething over the Petrosian incident.
>>
>>86126373
Fischer was right about everything
>>
>>86126455
Yeah honestly Go is like an entirely different world.

With Chess it's like, "I understand everything but it's complicated enough that I miss the best move and still make mistakes."

With Go it's like, "Holy shit I don't even know what's going on, this board state is insane and I have no idea what to do, but if I think hard enough I might be able to just barely make a move that helps me in the long run."

There is no comparing them. Chess, though, does have a FAR better aesthetic.
>>
>>86126472
Chess is the most perfect game to ever exist. Stop glorifying pebbles.
>But it's so deep! Ahhh deep! Oh God! It's so deep! Yes daddy! Ah! Ooo!
Don't care
>>
>>86126446
Magnus himself calls Kasparov the GOAT, but the placement of Fischer above Magnus may seem controversial to some. It's because Magnus' endgame grinding is ultimately a bitch move. He stays in physical shape, and most of his opponents don't. That's how he wears down their stamina. Fischer valued physical fitness and stamina.
>>
>>86126457
Hans is crying right now but his tears are falling on the heads of the Botez sisters.
>>
File: 1638709527869.jpg (152 KB, 1080x727)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>86126468
Why So isn't sucking Magnus? Magnus doesn't pay him enough? He is one of the player who is vocal when it comes to cheating
>>
>>86126472
Yea. I think go would require way more computational power than chess to be "solved." The only bad thing is that paying IRL seems annoying. Playing digitally seems more comfy because the system counts all the points. And yes, chess has a better aesthetic (the coolest piece being the horsey that represents the knight of course).
>>
Playing Go on a football field sized board and my mind being boggled by the five trillion quintillion billion brazilian possible places to place my pretty pebble and going "in this moment... I am exotic..."
>>
File: Minamotono_yoshiie.png (860 KB, 517x763)
860 KB
860 KB PNG
>>86126490
I mean I guess you haven't played it so that's fine if you don't know.
Go is a good game.
I agree that Chess is a better game overall though. Go is overcomplex at times, and has no real aesthetic. Chess is pure kino, there's a reason it is ingrained in folklore, while Go over in China is mostly captured in stories about emperors playing games of Go.

Go is found in a few legends as a cameo, but Chess is almost mythical. They don't compare in that front. Go is harder though. Way, WAY harder.
>>
>>86126490
Go is even more perfect and gameplay-wise more elegant.
>>
An excellent Go player would instil much more fear in me, real physical fear, than an excellent Chess player. It's just that simple.
>>
File: schizo.png (16 KB, 405x161)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
for me it's shogi aka schizo japanese chess
>>
>>86126516
>Yea. I think go would require way more computational power than chess to be "solved."
Evidenced by how much longer it took for computers to beat Go players than it did for them to beat Chess players.

It literally took until the invention of neural nets before a computer could take a match off at op Go player, and that match went 3-1 (Best of five). The player STILL took a game off of a fucking neural net in that match.
>>
>>86126465
I would accept this only for chessboxing.
>>
>>86126521
Ok sounds like we completely agree actually so I'll let you off easy this once
But yes, your characterization of the contrast between was put very intelligently and far excels any response I can give. If I seem deranged at the moment I think I overdosed on adderal so I'm sorry about that but I'm not joking, you characterized the difference very well.
>>
File: Rausis cheating.png (368 KB, 1280x720)
368 KB
368 KB PNG
>>86126444
go home Hans, you're a fraud. pic rel is your future.
>>
>>86126384
I must hire two smol Japanese men to put the moves of all of my games on a giant board like that.
>>
>>86126506
Fischer was a much stronger player than Magnus and frankly anyone ever, he only loses to Kasparov due to the longevity argument. But Magnus isn't better than Fischer at anything, including endgames. The reason Fischer was so deadly at his peak is because he was the best at everything. He had the best opening prep, the best middle game, the best endgame. He had no weakness.
Magnus is an extremely strong universal player but he lacks the energy and dynamism of Fischer.
>>
>>86126538
No, Fischer is Magnus' future, and that's okay!
>>
File: quick_game.jpg (232 KB, 1585x885)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>86126178
damn that was a quick game, almost a miniature (fujii won in 34 moves, shogi games are usually a bit longer, like 50-60 moves).
>>
File: Hans Niemann at 30.jpg (135 KB, 866x1390)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>86126558
My bad. Hans' future is pic rel (aged 30).
>>
>>86126530
an excellent go player will almost always have soul while an excellent chess player rarely does. The amount of style difference in go is way higher compared to chess because chess is 90% tactics and 10% strategy while go is closer to 50/50. The comparatively strategical focus makes the game soulful. Someone as stylistically distinct as Takemiya Masaki in professional go could never exist in chess.
>>
https://strawpoll.com/polls/kjn1jVoAJgQ

Alright let's settle this
>>
>>86126585
but... both are true?!
>>
>>86126582
What do you think of Shogi?
>>
>>86126585
I will never accept the fraud Magnus, or fagnus as I like to call him, allegations even if you call me gay.
>>
>>86126510
what an original and funny reference
>>
>>86126616
>fagnus
xD that's a good one, mind if I use it?
>>
>>86126471
>This is not just my struggle
Peak based
>>
>>86126422
>If I tell somebody I play "go" they're going to say
that Pokemon mobile game? I used to play that, too! :D
>>
>>86126521
Why do you 'Go' to your own general.
>>
>>86126666
Gotards nuked from orbit by quads
>>
>>86126621
Oh look, it's Botez's moronic mod. Shouldn't you be resting, so that you are better able to abuse your power and censor people's speech for 7 hours, for free?
>>
>>86126582
>The amount of style difference in go is way higher compared to chess because chess is 90% tactics and 10% strategy while go is closer to 50/50.
This is correct. Chess relies way more on memorization.
>>
Many admitted homosexes in this general... No wonder they're sympathetic to Mr Anal Beads
>>
>>86126718
The bald zoomie didn't cheat in that game, I think. But he's a cheater in other games.
>>
>>86126612
never played it, but it seems to go even more hardcore into tactics with dropping pieces, but since I've never played I have no idea. It could be that dropping pieces adds so many possibilities that unique styles and souls can form or it could be even worse than chess in that regard.
>>
Saw a unique player profile on com just now. Found when going in to comment section of a puzzle to gripe because I was mad at its wildly inappropriate rating. Fella was 1000 rapid, 1000 bullet, no blitz, 2550 puzzles and mostly plays against bots.
>>
>>86126773
Kind of what I'm doing, although not intentionally.
I only like to play chess with friends, family, chess club players, or acquaintances, especially rapid or longer time controls. If none of them are available to play, I tend to just grind tactics, endgames, and read books
>>
>>86126742
To me Shogi seems like the most wargamish, with more limited individual movement, specific individual promotions, optional/forced promotions and dropping captured pieces.
>>
Shogi posting is getting out of hand.
It was one or two posts every three /chess/ generals, and that was fine. I even defended it.
Now there are already five mentions of Shogi at around 70 posts, not including my mentions.
Time to start your own general, boys.
>>
>>86126944
The only chess thing anyone is talking about ITT is men sticking things up their asses. It's not surprising we'd rather talk about Shogi or Go.
>>
Regarding the upcoming FIDE statement, I think FIDE is going to get revenge on Magnus for making it irrelevant and will portray him as reckless and callous with his behavior. FIDE honchos are already using words such as "vigilante" and "destructive." They'll likely refer to Ken Regan's analysis.
>>
>>86126996
>will portray him as reckless and callous with his behavior
So, accurately?
>>
>>86126996
that's why he should've manned up and spoken his mind instead of this coy bullshit. he's created the situation where all his fanboys are saying he's being respectful of fide rules, thereby positioning fide as the ultimate authority, and fide is about to shank him
>>
>>86126996
Good. They need to drop the hammer in this bozo.
>>
>>86126996
they are also mad that he doesn't defend the title
>>
Magnus conceding shows that chess will never be able to settle this (due to his fragile ego). Therefore, I believe both players should fight to the death.
>>
"We, as FIDE, cannot allow someone to play vigilante and decide who is guilty and start taking action because then the whole system will be ruined. I think Magnus realises it. We are in talks with top players including Magnus."

- FIDE director general Emil Sutovsky

Obvious bias. They're just seething that, after they wouldn't agree to his format-change requests, he told them to go fuck their championship.
>>
>>86126944
its just one guy though kek
>>
>>86127063
magnus is going to create his own FIDE with no non-whites allowed
>>
>>86127063
>Magnus thinks he can bend FIDE, even Fischer failed at this.
lol
>>
>>86127067
It's not a good sign when the director general of FIDE is throwing loaded terms around.
Magnus needs to take a page out of Kasparov's book and be ready with another chess organization.
>>
He should name his chess organization HANS-FREE, and the players don't use their hands to move the pieces... they use the drool dripping from their retard-looking faces.
>>
upcoming shogi title match games:
September
9/27 : Ouza match- Nagase (Ouza) vs. Toyoshima game 3

October
10/4: Ouza match - Toyoshima vs. Nagase game 4
10/7-8: RyuOu match- Fujii (RyuOu) vs. Hirose game 1
10/12: Ouza match - game 5 if necessary
10/21-22: RyuOu match - game 2
10/28-29: RyuOu match - game 3
>>
File: 1646851312014.png (33 KB, 1284x173)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>86127063
>>86127102
haha what are the odds
>>
>>86127067
Oh nm, thought you were replying to my post on Emil Sutovsky.
(You) optimization -- not bothering to check which post is being replied to -- sometimes fails.
>>
File: fischer-arc.png (169 KB, 837x262)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>86127131
He named Maxim Dlugy, a Jew.
He's about to name Emil Sutovsky.
SOON.
>>
Magnus is certainly redpilled af
it must be
too many years in this business
>>
MERELY
COHENCIDENCE
>>
>>86127169
Every single person in chess knows the history of Fischer. It is an industry deeply steeped in questions. Most people ignore such things or brush them off as 'he went crazy', but when you enter chess, Fischer going off the rails is just ingrained in what you learn.
Totally reasonable for others to start thinking the bad thoughts and go down the same path.
>>
>"We know many players have been cheating online, some with higher ratings than Hans [...] many prominent players have been banned for cheating online, probably for good reason."

- FIDE director general Emil Sutovsky

This doesn't look good. WTF I thought it will only affect Hans and not my favorite super GMs. Brosss....
>>
>>86127117
>He should name his chess organization HANS-FREE, and the players don't use their hands to move the pieces
This is so good anon.
>>
>>86127063
the vigilante part is the most important part. the reason we don't allow vigilantes in law is the same reason it shouldn't be allowed here, the vigilante could be wrong and in that case there is no recourse for the wronged party. With a formal system people can debate the rules and cheating detection system and also know the rules ahead of time.
Also, the vigilante is inherently biased because they are by definition a peer of the accused. Whose to say magnus or a future vigilante wont cheat the system in the future and accuse someone of cheating in bad faith just cause they don't wanna play with someone strong?
>>
>>86126553
Fischer < Karpov
>>
>>86127120
based shogi poster continuing to go off topic no matter how many people seethe
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIIASSVR474
I didn't know she had a channel.
>>
Trickletruthbros... we're winning...
https://twitter.com/TarjeiJS/status/1573213892465115136
>>
Good afternoon:

Everyone I speak with in my village thinks Magnus is a coward. It doesnt matter what caste you are from in chess, the opposition can beat you in a fair game! Conceeding after one move is a disrespectful attitude for chess. We support Hans and I wish you all a good day.
>>
>>86126996
Would be the right thing, but I dont think they want to piss off one of their biggest draws
>>
>>86127479
This. Imagine pissing off the currently undisputed top player. He might unironically go full Kasparov and found his own chess federation with cheat detection and the championship cycle he wants. If he gets the chess.com guys to take care of the corporate part and they fuel their money into this to take over the OTB scene, what can FIDE do?
>>
>>86127527
>If he gets the chess.com guys to take care of the corporate part and they fuel their money into this to take over the OTB scene, what can FIDE do?
cry, basically
>>
>>86127413
T R I C K L E T R U T H
>>
>>86127413
I CAN FEEL MY TRICKLING TRUTH
IT IS GROWING STRONGER
>>
Which side are trickletruth posters on again?
>>
I thought a chess general would be about discussing chess strategies, but all you guys do is gossip.
>>
>>86127766
Whichever has the best memes in any given thread
>>
>>86127766
Magnus
Trickle truth is how cheaters operate. They only tell half truths at first and as more information becomes available, only then admit to other transgressions.
>>
File: 1663932483847.jpg (246 KB, 1080x1226)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
>1. e3
>>
>day 670
>still no proofs
Which skitzo talking point are we rehashing today? Magnus' prep got leaked?
>>
>>86127929
Nepo's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT7WhzbZPmE
>>
Decided to see if I could give up my rook and subtly arrange for this mate. Laffed hard.
>>
>>86127413
Oh look. It's literally nothing.
>T-TWO MORE W-WEEKS!!!!
>>
>>86127451
Good morning sir. Good morning to your village. Stay strong my brother and sisters we stand with Hans.
>>
>>86127766
They came from hikareddit twitch channel
>>
>>86127960
I really regret watching that last night. Snore.
>>
>>86127964
I would probably have sacked my Queen at the point when you took the pawn with the bishop with the discovered attack. It's hard to be sure from a gif but my real nigga instincts detect a totally winning game with that move. Then your gay little plan is all in ruins huh?
>>
>>86128024
Ha I haven't looked at it but that's what I would have done too and that's what I expected. Any time you sac material for no reason you have to hope your opponent fucks up anyway though.
>>
>>86127771
For me I'd love to read about what people are doing to improve, what books they're reading, how their recent games are going
Gossip getting old
>>
>>86128132
Don't worry. The community will move on after washed retard babyrage carlsen gets his bottom spanked and fades into irrelevancy. We will have a bright future with honorable Ding as champ and rising stars like Hans to lead the next gen. Incestuous chess.com cabal's reign has come to an end.
>>
>>86128173
I do like watching Magnus' and Hans' chess playing, but will be nice when people are talking more about that than either of their behavior/history
>>
>>86127818
5 ' 1 0
'
>>
NEW HANGING PAWNS!!!
>>
nepo pod just dropped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT7WhzbZPmE
>>
File: stalemate.png (96 KB, 1192x822)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>86128132
I have been playing the lichess AI and I think I am improving. I managed to stalement it last game.
>>
File: taia.png (715 KB, 952x874)
715 KB
715 KB PNG
>>86127406
she streams irregularly but she dresses nice
>>
>>86128313
Definetely. But you dont have to take every piece
>>
>>86126373
kek. What was this moron good at, outside of chess? He was scared of being beaten, so he sperged out.
>>
>>86126408
Based. Now tell me hiw to become a professional Go player?
>>
File: chesss.png (41 KB, 739x736)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>86128330
I realized that it's theoretically possible to have stalemate with all of the opponent's material still on the board.
>>
MAGNUSCHADS
WE NEED MORE TIME!!
>>
>>86128330
>But you dont have to take every piece
I thought as a beginner you are supposed to take everything and then mate the king?
>>
how much of the niemann-magnus feud is just hair jealousy?
>>
>>86126452
Chess is Indo-European. It predates the modern street shitters.
>>
>>86128590
>Indo-European
>every ancient indian achievement is indo-european
why are wh*ties like that?
>>
>>86128590
>Indo-European
lmao.
>>
>>86128599
>>86128649
Cope and seethe, pajeets
>>
>>86128669
>how come these brownies had advanced civilization before us? how could this happen to us?
>hmmm how about we claim that those ancient Indians were wh*ties all along
claiming anything ancient indian as indo-"european" is wh*tey cope you fucking retard.
>>
>>86128669
Why don't we cope and seethe together, since you are doing it too.
>>
File: 1663940875070.jpg (28 KB, 662x463)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>86128549
they're both balding
>>
>>86126430
Who is still the best chess player who ever lived, simple as
>>
File: 1653668754814.png (1.84 MB, 1200x1200)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
>>86128777
*blocks your path*
>>
>>86128784
Yeah, yeah, you've tried blocking it before
>>
>>86128739
>The people who shit in the streets today are the exact same people who inhabited India 4000 years ago and had plumbing. People have been statically in the same place since time immemorial.
Wrong and retarded.
>>86128745
no u
>>
>>86128739
kek clueless street shitter
youre living in the shit stained rubble of a functioning society
>>
>>86128807
>WE WUZ ANCIENT INDIANS N SHIET.
Ofcourse you were, Cletus.
>>
>>86128795
>>86128784
I wouldn't call running away "blocking".
>>
>>86128859
The only we wuzzing is coming from you. Everything I've said is historical fact and you're butthurt about it.
>>
>>86126373
Holy shit, I love this man
>>86126471
Why couldn't my grandpa be so gloriously racist
>>
>>86128899
kek. You really lack self-awareness.
>>
>>86128934
>>86128957
Case in point. You're so enraged by me making a simple point about ancient human migration that you have to double reply with your impotent typo-ridden tripe.
>>
File: board (6).gif (308 KB, 720x720)
308 KB
308 KB GIF
Trying to get over my phobia of moving pawns. I made a moronic blunder that should have cost me the game, but fortunately, my opponent was the last to blunder. Major props to him for resigning, though, considering I had 1 min on the clock and he had 3.
>>
>>86126471
>but just making a change so the setarting positions are mixed, so it's not degenerated down to memorizatio and prearrangement like it is today
I love this dude so much. When I started chess, I got almost filtered because every single retard played memorized moves by the book and intuitive play had no meaning. Sometimes I still think, when playing theory lines, "it's so fucking boring, I just do this automatically without thinking"
>>
File: ches.png (152 KB, 783x777)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
>>86129011
wtf was that knight anon
don't do that!
>>
>>86129045
his gripe is among top GM play. at our level, theory doesn't mean much.
>>
>>86129011
>>86128977
Not taking sides here or anything but its hard to believe pic related have any lineage to the people who come up with chess.. In fact, I find it a lot more plausible that aliens did.
>>
>>86129096
Gotcha, I usually find that bishop annoying as a 1500 chesscom shitter so tend to get rid of it asap. I'll try leaving it alive next game perhaps to see how it turns out though.
>>
>>86126471
>Bolshevism, which is a mask for Judaism
"The Jewish civilization considers the law most important. The law is the source of ethics. The law cannot be changed. However, the same law can be differently interpreted, which leads to ethical relativism. […] Communist states, despite their atheism, are also products of Jewish civilization."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feliks_Koneczny#Types_of_civilizations,_according_to_Koneczny
>this is an actually sane statement
>>
File: push em baby.webm (63 KB, 640x640)
63 KB
63 KB WEBM
i just reached 1200 lichess :)
>>
>>86126544
> Not hiring two giant Japanese men to move around pieces each made of cast iron and weighing 32kg.
>>
>>86128899
>The only we wuzzing is coming from you

>claims ancient indians were europeans
>no they were not dude
>OMG YOU'RE WE WUZZING
do you even comprehend what you're saying you fucking retard?
>>
>>86129134
you guys shit it in walmarts, any different?
>>
>watch chess commentary
>they start talking about dragons
I guess there is a reason this is on /tg/.
>>
>>86129273
Another fine graduate of America's shitty education system demonstrating his inability to read. Go watch some tv, this conversation is over your head.
>>
File: chuckbubbly.png (2.12 MB, 1535x927)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB PNG
>>86127685
>>86127752
A N A L P E R L E N
>>
>>86129294
Nice one Pajeet, but I'm not from Globohomo Burgerland.
>>
>>86127372
> the reason we don't allow vigilantes in law
Is because the government wants to keep its monopoly on violence by police. Same with FIDE who is now willing to share the monopoly with cheese.com, but not give it away to individual players.
>>
File: 1654238310729.png (215 KB, 636x635)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>>86129183
>white didn't take en passant
>>
>>86129370
>central europe timezone
you're america's slaves
>>
File: QGDcomfy.webm (159 KB, 720x840)
159 KB
159 KB WEBM
Bros Ive always found playing against d4 so difficult but Im starting to like it. There are so many barely but meaningfully different routes one can take within the first couple of moves it's insane.
Anyway it's getting comfier and comfier.
I missed a mate in two, then later a mate in three with the same motif in webm related. Can you spot it?
>>
File: pEN3Z7I.jpg (41 KB, 475x356)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>86129440
Wowow, Pajeet, you don't have to get so defensive. It's a serious issue! Close to 594 million which is 48 per cent of population in India practices open defecation. That’s half the population dumping over 65 million kilos of poo out there every day.

If this poo continues to be let loose on India, there will be no escaping the stench of life threatening infections, diseases and epidemics.
Think about it. Half the population doesn’t use a toilet while the other half of the population accepts it. Simply accept India as it is. They are part of the issue, part of the acceptance.

So, if you give a shit about this issue, then don’t just scrunch up your nose and walk away.

Join the ‘Take Poo to the Loo’ campaign and pledge your support to a poo-free nation.
Think about it, Pajeet, For your own sake.
>>
>>86129365
He CHEATED in an ONLINE TOURNAMENT!
And I played him!
I shouldn't have, I took him into my own match. What was I thinking!
He'll never change. He'll NEVER change. Ever since he was 16 always the same! Couldn't keep his eyes off the engine lines!
But not our Hansy! Couldn't be precious HANSY! Cheating them blind! And HE gets to be a super GM? What a sick joke! I should have stopped him when I had the chance! And you - you have to stop him - you..
>>
File: 30a.jpg (54 KB, 475x356)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>86129499
>t's a serious issue! Close to 594 million which is 48 per cent of population in India practices open defecation. That’s half the population dumping over 65 million kilos of poo out there every day.
>>
>>86129499
you have an unhealthy obsession with poo. are you german? there are many US military bases in germany. in fact, there are US military bases all over europe.
>>
>>86129580
Hey now Pajeet, I'm not trying to deceive you, I was simply quoting UNICEFs research on the subject. You don't hate the facts do you, Pajeet?
https://www.unicef.org/india/campaigns/take-poo-loo
>>
>>86129615
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.STA.ODFC.ZS?locations=IN
why don't you stop making "facts"
>>
>>86129615
> 48 per cent of population in India practices open defecation
this statement is a lie
>>
this chud probably keeps losing to indians. how sad. here's a protip: do tactics puzzles and you won't lose to indians anymore.
>>
>>86129709
>mfw I get to 1700 in puzzles and crush Vishy in classical
>>
>>86129709
whenever I'm here he's seething about indians. I think he seethes because he kept losing a game to indians invented by indians and his white fragility can't handle it. maybe the retard should stop playing chess altogether for his own good.
>>
File: we143526.jpg (86 KB, 703x1050)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>86129693
>>86129706
>>86129709
Wheww, those some fast responses right there. Seems like I hit a sore spot.
>>86129693
These are great news anon! Let's aspire to one day get that to 0 per cent!
>>
>>86129772
>also mfw forgot pic
>>
File: 1655203487549.png (36 KB, 206x273)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
I play against computer because I get stressed playing real people, because if I do something stupid or play poorly they'll think I'm a fucking retard and that I'm wasting their time.
Is that normal
>>
>>86129868
i do think my opponents are retards
but now youre just a cowardly retard so thats even worse
>>
how do i improove without learning theory?
>>
>>86129949
puzzles
>>
>>86129949
Try and find the worst move that isn't a blunder and play it to keep your opponent confused and on their toes.
Also, blunder in a major way every so often just to make your opponent spend a minute trying to figure out what gambit you're trying to b8 them into
>>
The statement is out you lazy cunts
https://www.fide.com/news/1999
L for Fagnus because "no proof was submitted"
>>
>>86129989
>These were not FIDE events; however, as the world’s chess governing body, it is our duty to protect the integrity of the game and its image, and in view that the incident keeps escalating, we find it necessary to take a step forward.
kek, FIDE world police
>>
>>86129989
What a fucking waste of space and reading time. Either make a meaningful statement or wait until you can make one.
>>
>>86129989
>magnus handled it badly
>it's not FIDE, maybe we cooperate with other online sites
>we will investigate once the initial [evidence] is given
wow it's nothing
>>
>>86130040
FIDE is implying Magnus has no evidence, how is that nothing
>>
>>86129989
Lol, what a blue ball, you guys were selling smoke
>>
>>86130060
its like saying that the sky is blue
>>
>>86126408
>>86126422
>>86126441
>>86126521
I learned go before chess, I'm better at it and I'm definitely biased towards it. But one thing chess has going for it (apart from popularity) is that the tactics are incredibly more fun. Yes, go is much deeper strategically. But the tactical depth of chess compensates for it. Chess problems are actually interesting, go problems put me to sleep.
Chess players just need to stop pretending like they are playing some deep strategic game. There's a reason bullet is the most popular format among strong players.
>>
>>86130108
>deep strategic game.
it is. read Mastering Chess Strategy by Hellsten.
>>
>>86130130
It is, compared to tic-tac-toe and Monopoly. I'm comparing to Go.
>>
>>86130102
Yeah but the entire time people have been trying to convince us that Fagnus is working with FIDE and he's giving them proof so that they can judge for themselves
Turns out Fagnus didnt do shit and he has no evidence, so whatever statement he does is irrelevant, chessCUM statements are irrelevant because they can't be trusted and while Hans isn't out of the water yet, it's a step forward for him
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X_LAT328pk
liv
>>
>>86128739
this is correct kek notice how the guy didn't even say European, much less Indo-European at first? he said "white"
>>
>>86130157
what's your rating?
>>
>>86130189
buddha was white
>>
>>86126346
Is there a big gambling scene in chess? Sports books are popping up everywhere is there a big future for it?
>>
>>86128539
If you are up by that much just mate.
Like you don't need the last pawn, if you have 2 Queens. And you avoid stalemate.
>>
>>86130328
Lots of players are in to gambling, but bets on chess aren't that common.
With the cheating stuff, you probably wouldn't want that issue too.
>>
>>86127287
Wait, what the fuck? There are multiple supergms who have been caught cheating?
Unironically dead game, at least in the context of the competitive scene.
>>
>>86130450
If everybody is a cheater, nobody is.
>>
Who is that rapist looking guy on commentary?
>>
>>86129774
Yeah, it's really pathetic that he's even we wuzing indians now.
Indians are cool and all the top indian gms seem like very nice and humble people. Polshitting on indians in a chess thread is ridiculous.
>>
>it's a lawrence trent episode
>>
>>86130482
Good thing not everybody is a cheater.
>>
>>86130549
According to /chess/, everybody played around with an engine at least once.
>>
Now that we know Magnus has rock solid proof that Hans cheated, what's going to happen in the endgame?
>>
>>86130578
hans ostracized forever, quits chess
>>
>>86130569
Closest I've ever come to cheating was checking potential lines that we didn't go into during a correspondence game because I couldn't wait for the game to finish.
>>
why did they shut it down?
>>
File: s.png (367 KB, 930x654)
367 KB
367 KB PNG
>>86130569
>>86130614
I like to keep all my ratings close to each other but I'm too add for classical so once in a while I cheat at it while watching stuff just to get my rating up with the rest
>>
>>86130636
theyre too cocky, they think they will get away with everything
>>
>>86130662
>>
>>86127406
"Actually when I got late/laid ist your fault." Thanks for giving me hope.
>>
ATTENTION: Danny Rensch is a cunt.
>>
>Hans gone
>Viewership drop dramastically
Chess24 bros...
>>
>a game where you have to "study"
lmao
>>
>>86127102
>It's not a good sign when the director general of FIDE is throwing loaded terms around.

Not a good sign? It's not a good sign when your champion is acting like a total fucking bitch and making a mockery of the sport worldwide. Magnus should be legit banned from the game, at least for a few years and if he complains even with a single word about it, permanently.
>>
Why does Botez run so many ads. It's always like 1/9 shit and its frequent

I always switch streams. I wish Rosen and Danya streamed during these hours
>>
>>86130578
>Now that we know Magnus has literally zero proof that Hans cheated, what's going to happen in the endgame?
ftfy
>>
>>86126430
He at least never lost to a buttplug
>>
>>86126430
>Kasparov was the first human ever to lose to a computer.
so you think every single person who played a computer before garry lost was just trouncing them, even amateurs just playing early chess programs for fun, but then suddenly the machines notched a win against the world champion and best player of his time?
>>
>>86130578
We know the opposite of that though. We literally know he has nothing, other than his arrogant delusion where anybody who outplays and surprises him simply has be a cheater.

This whole episode has made me convinced Magnus Carlsen is probably cheating all the fucking time and that's why he's so self-conscious about it. How plausible is it that somebody legitimately has a 50-game winning streak anyway? It's not. Can't happen. Carlsen to be a cheater, and I have the same amount of proof he has: none.
>>
>>86130912
>e-whores fishing for thirsty simps run ads
Gee, I wonder why
>>
>>86130569
It would be extremely weird if every serious chess player didn't try using an engine coach at least once, to see if it really works.

It's like stealing. Even if you're a honest person you'll steal something once in your life, just to see what it's like.
>>
Bobby was right about theory. I never learned any. I play by trial and error.
>>
>>86129045
that's cope, no one at the beginning level is winning due to theory.
>>
File: 1480662956079.jpg (182 KB, 858x823)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
do I understand that correctly?

The WC got BTFO, said nooo he were cheating! and everyone accuses Hans of cheating and wants other GMs to decline playing with him? 0 proofs, 0 anything, just because Carlsen said so?
And now FIDE gave out a statement,
>[...]we share his deep concerns about the damage that cheating brings to chess. FIDE has led the fight against cheating for many years, and we reiterate our zero-tolerance policy toward cheating in any form. Whether it is online or “over the board”, cheating remains cheating. We are strongly committed to this fight[...]
But... he was not cheating... it's just what Carlsen said because he lost. Either give a proof or get the fuck out.
In normal world you cannot accuse people with no proof, in ch*ss you accuse someone and instantly you're the enemy of the state and your name is synonymous to cheater.
The sole idea that retarded players make their own "statements" on whether you cheated or not, or even that some players say
>I DON'T KNOW IF HE CHEATED
>I DON'T PICK A SIDE
is fucking RETARDED. You're not guilty if there's no proof. You're supposed to be always on the side of the accused until proven otherwise.

Chess is filled with such big children, all infantile retards, holy fuck it's unreal.
>>
>>86130294
If he was I don't believe he would be attached to that facet of identity/proscribe it any particular sense of self nor "specialness"
>>
>>86131088
>do I understand that correctly?
Nearly.

>The WC got BTFO, said nooo he were cheating!
He didn't say that directly. He heavily implied that Hans was cheating.

Carlsen can't provide prove because he doesn't have proof. At best he has a gut feeling that something is wrong.
>>
>>86131088
A lot of people in chess might believe its more beneficial to have Magnus happy with you than Hans. In such a public, almost celebrity clique sort of way i understand, definitely wormish behavior though
>>
>>86131162
>>86131088
If the chess """"community""""" sides with Magnus just because he's famous it will literally kill the game. No one will ever want to play it seriously if you're supposed to let your inferiors win just because they have seniority over you.
>>
>>86131088
No, many top players suspected Niemann even before he "beat" Carlsen. This is not something that was suddenly concocted after that game. There are things going on back stage, you know? What happens on your screen is not all that ever happens.
>>
>>86131222
>suspected

I don't give a fuck what they suspect. Show proof or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>86131192
It's worse if the hancels get their way. Every one cheats with impunity and the game is effectively dead.
>>
>>86131088
This is what actually happened
>Magnus knew Hans has online cheating history even before Hans was decided to be option to replace Rapport
>Magnus knew this would affect him psychologically
>Could just drop from the tournament before Hans match
>Realize this could be a good option to kill his career, even at the cost of losing your precious 9 classical rating point
>Purposely played like a 2600 so he could beat him. Make everyone think he is a cheater and he cheat in tournament
>Immediately dropped from the tournament to incite flamewars and He knew how much his fanboy loved him
>Resigned against Hans while also giving thumbs up to prag in chess24 rapid to keep the drama going.
Now the question is whether he will pressure for the rest of banned lichess GMs who still play in Cheesedutcum
>>
>>86131192
It'll just have a lull until Magnum gets whipped by the next suvyet chess chad. Enen then it wouldn't impact people enjoying the game, just make people at the top 30 extra noided about integrity. Game didnt die when they x-rayed chairs, analyzed blueberry yogurt, or started shoe checks/bathroom peeping
Truly an immortal game
>>
>>86131250
You just can't accept that a hunch is not evidence, do you?
>m-m-magnus has evidence?
He does not. He would have showed it publicly or submitted it to FIDE if he did. He has literally nothing.
>>
File: jovanka.png (28 KB, 127x155)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>
>>86131269
>Game didnt die when they x-rayed chairs, analyzed blueberry yogurt, or started shoe checks/bathroom peeping

That's a completely different thing. Those are just anti-cheat measures, and anyone who isn't cheating should be in favor of anti-cheat measures. What we're talking about here is a scenario where anybody who beats Magnus and isn't on the list of "people approved to beat Magnus" is, without any evidence at all, just assumed to have cheated. In that fucking world the game becomes 100% a test of nepotism and cronyism and 0% a test of skill. No one has a reason to play a game where if you crush the champion your victory is taken away from you.
>>
>>86131245
I don't think anyone has physical proof or if they do it's behind NDAs and lawsuits. But if he quacks like a quack, walks like a duck, it's a duck. Going forward, the ideal thing would be to strengthen anti-cheating methods and procedures in official tournaments.
>>
>>86130897
Personally think any competitive activity you enjoy only feels richer by deepening your understanding of it
Nothing wrong with more casual enjoyment as well tho
>>
>>86129989
>Sinquefield cup affects classical FIDE rating
>This however is not FIDE tournament
What's the criteria of Non FIDE tournaments that still can affect FIDE rating? Kinda weird.
>>
>French
>London
>QGD
>>
>>86130845
This was Magnus masterplan after his company was aquired. He knew that drama would net them more viewers but Hans just didn't want to play along.
>>
>>86131323
>I don't think anyone has physical proof
Then he didn't cheat, and anybody who claims or insinuates he did is wrong.
>But if he quacks like a quack, walks like a duc-
A hunch is not evidence. You or Fagnus not liking the guy is not evidence.
>>
>>86131365
>ruy
>Catalan
>French
>Caro
>benoni
>>
>>86129989
>Whether it is online or “over the board”, cheating remains cheating.
Niemann has cheated online. He was banned from chess dot com as was Maxim, his former (?) coach. Who's to say he hasn't cheated in online tournaments as well?
>>
>>86131391
This month he was banned from chess dot com because of cheating as was his coach years ago. The question is not "has he cheated?" but rather "when has he cheated?"
>>
>>86131332
>Personally think any competitive activity you enjoy only feels richer by deepening your understanding of it

Personally I stop enjoying every game once I reach the point of "I _have_ to play like this or I'm playing incorrectly". Which in Chess comes quite early. Best games allow a measure of self-expression in their mechanics.
>>
>>86131432
>best games allow a measure of self-expression in their mechanics.
not that guy but what are your favorite games? I need some change of airs tbqhwy
>>
>>86131416
>This month he was banned from chess dot com

Oh yes, the site that's financially tied to Magnus. That is still not evidence of anything at all except that Magnus is abusing his fame for personal grudges and should have his titles stripped from him, banned from the game, publicly denounced, then butchered like the animal he is.
>>
>>86131449
Agricola
>>
>>86131432
Fighting games can be really nice for this
Do you think Fischer Random might be more your thing or that not do it for u either?
>>
>>86131088
According to Fabi there were other players who were suspicious of Niemann thanks to his past when he was set for Sinquefield. I agree tought that he is innocent until proven guilty, no matter how much Carlsen seethes over him.
>>
>>86130999
>It's like stealing. Even if you're a honest person you'll steal something once in your life, just to see what it's like.
Anon, most people are able to control their urges.
>>
>>86131450
Hi Neimann. Cope and seethe all you want, you're going down, balding faggot lmao
>>
>>86131483
Nepo said he requested stronger anti-cheat measures because of Hans as well. I wonder if it's restricted to Magnus and Nepo though.
>>
>>86131401
>former (?) coach
that dude is fucking dead and he hasn't spoken to him since years, he was a small kid when he talked to him last time
>>
>>86126373
Absolutely based and right
>>
File: what.png (265 KB, 500x531)
265 KB
265 KB PNG
>>86131269
>analyzed blueberry yogurt
What the fuck did I miss?
>>
>>86131416
>So you came from lichess to here because you were banned for cheating?
>Don't worry we still let you play in prized tournaments
>You can even join speed chess championship!
why is this fucking site a fucking double standard when it comes lichess cheaters?
>>
>>86131549
Neither does being a low IQ mouthbreather faggot like you fren

You dont even know the meaning of god
>>
>>86131568
I know that you're not free.
>>
>>86131594
Your only way to cope is to ignore reality, and points made agaisnt your way of being, youre not different from a tranny

In fact you seem to be equally narcissistic
>>
>>86131620
>tranny
rent-free
>>
>>86131620
I've accepted death.
>>
>>86131594
>>86131620

After all only such a naive unaware narcissistic midwit faggot would have such an opinion on someone infinitely superior to them
>>
https://www.chessdom.com/sergey-karjakins-ban-from-fide-events-has-expired/
He's back.
>>
>>86131628
>Misses the point

Kill yourself
>>
>>86131464
I looked it up and it says it's for 1-5 players. Can you play alone? Interesting.
>>
>>86131650
>Kill yourself
Stop projecting your inner desires.
>>
>>86131628
>He mentioned trannies, a perfect example of unaware narcissistc low IQ delusional beings

>RENT FREEEEEEE

Lol
>>
>>86131643
What are the odds he gets himself immediately banned again?
>>
>>86131672
Being banned isn't so bad; it gives you more time for the important things in life.
>>
>>86131663
>Mentions "inner desires" out of nowhere

Youre actually projecting, fullfill your inner desires and kill yourself
>>
>>86131691
>no u
There you go again.
>>
>>86131691
One's only desire, should be: being one with the Lord.
>>
>FIDE statements literally outright said Magnus didn't even report the cheating to FIDE, implying he has nothing
>So you're saying Magnus threw a fit because he lost? RIDICULOUS! RIDICULOUS! RIDICULOUS! RIDICULOUS!
>The situation would be still same even if Magnus won! You're just stupid if you don't come into this conclusion
>>
>>86131654
You "can" but only technically. Realistically you need a partner, preferably a couple of them.
It is genuinely a very well crafted game. Each match feels drastically different based on what cards are available and what your opponents do. I recommend drafting the cards to make sure nobody gets screwed by a bad hand.
>>
>>86131696
>Misses the point again

I legit think you should shot yourself in the head, nothing of value will be lost obviously
>>
>>86131707
>At the same time, we share his deep concerns about the damage that cheating brings to chess. FIDE has led the fight against cheating for many years, and we reiterate our zero-tolerance policy toward cheating in any form. Whether it is online or “over the board”, cheating remains cheating. We are strongly committed to this fight, and we have invested in forming a group of specialists to devise sophisticated preventive measures that already apply at top FIDE events.
hansisters...
>>
>>86131192
>chess gets killed by a zoomer because the world number one's ego was too big to accept defeat
kek, it's literally a real-life anime
>>
>>86131731
>We are strongly committed to this fight, and we have invested in forming a group of specialists to devise sophisticated preventive measures that already apply at top FIDE events.
I AM PUTTING TOGETHER A TEAM
>>
Shogi mindbroke me. It's too hard. You can't plan against your opponent just airdropping your captured pieces anywhere on the board and further endangering multiple of your pieces at once.
>>
>deputy president of FIDE is literally Fagnus' butt buddy
>FIDE's statement still basically says that Fagnus is full of shit
lol
>>
File: 1662296263516.png (19 KB, 340x156)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
BROS
>>
>>86131769
>FIDE's statement still basically says that Fagnus is full of shit
headcanon
>>
>>86129985
Aagard's three questions are good for it:
>where are the weaknesses?
>what is my opponent trying to do?
>what is my worst placed piece?
The better you can get at assessing/analyzing/evaluating/understanding the position as it changes, the easier it'll be to find better moves
>>
>>86131761
try Bughouse
>>
Where the fuck is MY new drama thread???
>>
Where the fuck is this missed mate? I just can’t see how I get it within one move.
>>
>>86131802
this is the last /chess/ thread ever. enjoy it.
>>
>>86131805
its mate in 10 bro
>>
>>86131805
It's not within one move. It's mate in 10.
>>
>>86131756
>You have no "points"

You think that because you literally cant read/you have mental retardation
>>
>As we have already done before, FIDE calls for reinforcing the cooperation between major online platforms, private events and top players - most of whom have already expressed their will to join efforts with FIDE.
>FIDE is prepared to task its Fair Play commission with a thorough investigation of the incident, when the adequate initial proof is provided, and all parties involved disclose the information at their disposal.
HAHAHAHAH hansisters... they will allow chess dot com to make Hans' online cheating record public. It's over. Better look for another meme, and Hans for another job.
>>
>>86131805
Normal people don't see things like "mate in 10", only top gms in classical and machines, dont worry brother.
>>
>>86131756
>bitterness

Kek youre legitimately more bitter than me, you disgustingly unaware low IQ creature
>>
>>86131805
I'm surprised taking the pawn with your knight isn't the best move since then you're forking the king and rook
>>
>>86131806
because the grave in the OP?
ah ah
no
>>
>>86131836
God loves you and I love you too, anon.
>>
>>86131826
>>86131836
Stop seething. Start seeking.
>>
>>86131829
This
Practice mate-in-2s if you want something simple but beneficial for pattern recognition
>>
NEW

>>86131837
>>86131837
>>86131837

NEW
>>
>>86131761
It's not that hard, just do tactics on lishogi and look over pro games and you'll eventually internalize the common kinds of drops and whether you have to worry about them.
>>
>>86131858
>Stop seething

Im literally laughing at you nigger, saddly youre too unaware to actually notice

Have you ever considered you have some sort of cognitive deficiency?
>>
create a new thread losers
>>
>>86131530
>he doesn't know
Look up the Karpov vs Korchnoi world championship, it was absolutely insane.
>>
>>86131872
Stop with the laugh n cope. Start with the search for God.
>>
>>86131903
I recommend you the same, you silly dumb person
>>
Literally the only argument that people have is "Hans cheated in the past" and "Magnus is the world champion so he shouldn't lose to Hans"
>>
>>86131761
I wonder, did they call it "airdropping" in medieval China ? Surely they wouldn't have such a concept.
A dude tought me Shogi in french and called it "parachuter", so similar a very modern word
>>
>>86131155
jews dont mentor non-jews. In this case Dlugy.
That's how you know Trump is a jew because of his lifelong mentor.
>>
>>86131306
lmao that hairy she-kike.
I told you she was nasty
>>
>>86126408
Is this loss?
>>
>>86130569
You mean, every chess.com player cheated at least once? Or every chess.com player practiced with engine guidance (blunder alert, hanging piece alert, stuff like that) at least once? I doubt the former is true.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.