[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File deleted.
The right way to enforce realistic armor and weapons is to ask EVERY player to show EXACTLY what the character's weapons and armor look like. Then secretly apply penalties for weapon and armor designs that simply wouldn't work.
>>
>>86125961
Maybe just play a real world game.
>>
>>86125984
i think OP needs to play a game in general
>>
>>86125961
Doing it just for armor is unfair and inconsistent, you should do the same for weapons. And meals. Obviously if player describes eating something that doesn't exist in the setting just assume the character is delusional and skips the meal.
>>
>>86125961
To be fair to the Black Knight's admittedly ridiculous armor, it's been blessed to the point of invulnerability. Practicality is absolutely not a concern with him.
>>
>>86125987
Spbp
>>
Why not just provide your players with art and descriptions of realistic armor instead of being a cunt? I know you want to get back at the world for some reason, but there's better ways like arson or chemical attacks in subways.
>>
>>86125987
SPBP
>>
File: jang-minho-63.jpg (539 KB, 1920x2737)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
>>86125961
Yes, hello. This is the wizard i will play in this campaign. Please stat my armor and weapon.
>>
>>86127974
>Please stat my armor and weapon.
No. But we are going to larp your characters gang rape, since you're dressed for it.
>>
>>86125961
I'm ok with your take IF every other aspect of the setting is hold to the same standard.
>>
>>86128055
>anon breaks out the gang rape rpg mid session
A bold synthesis.
>>
>>86128633
>D&D now has laws and a legal system
>Dark Lords are an important part of the monetary economy as they are the only ones to regularily and reliably issue coins of high purity
>Dragon hoards and dungeons aren't conquered but assessed so that coin can be issued that are backed by the value securely stored in them
>the right to any assessment raid are a subject of speculative trade, the profit of which either falls to the kingdom, to the local lord on whose territory it is located or is split between them and a third party who aquired some part of the rights to the object in question
>The economy operates on a fiat currency based on the gold standard

I will not rest until my players are willing to lay down their lifes for bimetallism and prosperity.
>>
>>86125961
Jokes on you, I play a game with autistic hit locations so everyone is equally autistic about their armor.
And guess what? Some people still just have unarmored locations or partial coverage because it fits their concept, or saves weight, or they couldn't afford anything meaningful anyway.
Players will willingly 'apply le penalties,' themselves if your game has more mechanics than a fucking single 'not get hurt number.'
>>
>>86125961
This except I actively penalize anyone who wears "realistic" armor. If your character doesn't look like they walked out of an asian MMORPG they're going to be suffering tons of penalties to movement, agility, endurance/constitution, and constantly be tired from hauling around that suit of period-accurate fullplate while the guy with a leather jacket and armor over his left arm with a sword bigger than he is will be kicking ass and taking names.
>>
>>86127644
Maybe at stuffing your face he knows more than that anon
>>
>>86128055
She would get away by the time you find your dick

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.