[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Fly high edition

>Previously in the Mortal Realms:
>>86105180

>Official AoS website:
https://www.ageofsigmar.com

>Downloads, Rules Errata and FAQs:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>AoS Battletomes:
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/

>Tools:
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/
https://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

>Anvil of Apotheosis hero creator:
https://aosg.github.io/

TQ
KOnnoisseurs, are you interested in new squats for conversions?
>>
File: 701px-Settra_Rules.jpg (109 KB, 701x899)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>86125870
Soon
>>
>>86126393
Is it even worth bringing in Settra at this point? He can't achieve anything too meaningful in the timeline unless they do something like retcon Teclis' win to being because he weakened Nagash in an earlier battle or something
>>
>>86126418
Yes
Based mummybois
>>
How's soulblight as a faction? I find it quite intersting. Any useful units?
>>
>>86126546
Blood knight is their best unit. Skeleton heroes and cavalry are ass, but both regular units on foot are good
>>
>TQ
They don't fit the aesthetic at all
>>
GIVE ME THE TZEENTCH BOOK
>>
>>86126639
>>
>>86125870
Pick my chaos army idea, I do not have the time to do both:

1.Belakor-themed army with Belakor, chaos legionnaires as the main troops, centaurian marshall, chariots and maybe ogroids

2. Greed-themed slaanesh STD army with chaos dwarfs counting as chaos warriors as well as slaanesh knights inspired by that classic bit of adrian smith art (kitbash would be knights + myrmidesh painbringers) and chariots, ogroids
>>
>>86126819
the art I was referencing
>>
>blackened earth is just 'whah the military industrial complex is bad'
It just fell so flat for me. IRL they've got a point. Lockheed Martin and the forever wars can go fuck themselves.
But those forever wars weren't fought against demons looking to skullfuck every human into oblivion. Just towelheads.
>>
>>86126863
>blackened earth is just 'whah the military industrial complex is bad'
Is it? From what I read everyone in Greywater seems pretty happy with the whole thing. They get paid a decent amount of money and have plenty of food. It's just the Sylvaneth who are uppity about it, but when are they not annoyed about something?
>>
>>86127419
>Sylvaneth have basically never been happy in their entire existence except for maybe a poorly defined era in the Age of Myth
>DoK have absolutely never been genuinely happy in their entire lives, and the murder cult exists as a cope for being Slaanesh'd
I'm starting to understand why Alarielle apparently trusts Morathi more than Sigmar after all the shit in ET
>>
>>86126819
Do the slaanesh one

Warcry stuff looks cool but is annoying to play with in main AoS and slaanesh doesn't have greed themed stuff so it's more interesting
>>
>>86127426
DoK seem happy to me.
Spend your life killing and fighting, your two favourite things.
They're like orcs, but sexy
>>
>>86126819
Do Belakor, it's more relevant now
>>
>>86125870
>TQ
Why would i want that squat junk in an already far superior design?
>>
>>86127426
>>DoK have absolutely never been genuinely happy

They couldn't be living it up any harder if they tried
>>
>>86127199
Oh hi Rabbi.
>>
File: QTsDWNtqWDBGBwOg.jpg (224 KB, 1000x1000)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
Their saga continues.
>>
>>86127935
>>86127580
I read their novels. They seem genuinely miserable, especially about anything reminding them of Slaanesh, but drunk on ambition. Like skaven but with more pride on the line.
>>
>>86126546
Every unit is usable, and the army works in a lot of ways it doesn't have to be blood knight spam.
Wight kings, black knights and the mortis engine are pretty shit though
>>
>>86127993
>They seem genuinely miserable
Some of them are, some of them aren't. It's a society, not a hivemind
>>
>>86127978
Not gonna lie, that one actually got a chuckle out of me
>>
>>86127978
>tiny Tzeentch symbol in the crystal
So there's a Tzeentch daemon in there that eats farts?
>>
>>86127978
the only GW comic that is actually funny
>>
>>86128153
If it were a nurgle crystal it would only add to the smell. I fear what a slannesh crystal would smell like
>>
>>86128190
Soporific musk?
>>
>>86128189
What if they're not all comedies?
>>
>>86128304
>What if GW was only pretending to be retarded?
>>
File: ER4QTmk39cq1oKBf.jpg (257 KB, 1000x1139)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
Floof btw

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/23/the-lumineth-realm-lords-are-tackling-the-era-of-the-beast-in-their-new-battletome/
>>
>>86128394
why is his horse retarded?
>>
Okay so after skimming through Blackened Earth I can say without a doubt that Greywater Fastness is a shitheap that deserves to be destroyed. On its face you might think it's got some Princess Mononoke kind of deal going on where you've got ambitious Lady Eboshi figures who try to better the lot of their ragtag followers at the expense of nature. That's dead fucking wrong. The leadership is comprised mostly of petty merchants and flat-out Chaos cultists who are actively trying to make everyone miserable just for the sake of it. It's a shitty place full of shitty people who shit up everything they come into contact with.
>>
>>86128394
>With the defeat of Nagash at the hands of the Archmage Teclis

and his beast lover sphinx, and luminarks
>>
>>86128423
It's no doubt cleverer than you are.
>>
>>86128314
>anon is too retarded to understand that not all comics are comedies
Yeah no it's totally GW
>>
>>86128482
holy shit you are on a mongolian basket weaving forum and you still impulsively feel the absolute craving to suck every last drop of cum from the ball of gw
>>
>7 years in
>ambiguity as to CoS range
embarrassing, if only Dawnbringers was it's own army with 1-in-4 for CoS or something but I expect Freeguild and such to get squatted
>>
>>86128394
Such a good battletome cover, desu. I like the reference to the old picture of Hysh with the geometric mountain.
>>
>>86128189
yeah but even then only like 1 in 7 times
>>
File: 1647449287096.jpg (136 KB, 800x800)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>86128437
>and his beast lover sphinx, and luminarks
>>
>>86128492
No need to get so upset just because you were jumping to conclusions expecting only funny comics.
Not sure how GW bashing helps in an AoS thread either.
How's your basket weaving degree coming along then?
>>
File: 1401807910303.gif (496 KB, 499x320)
496 KB
496 KB GIF
https://cubicle7games.com/cubicle-7-production-update-september-2022/
>Era of the Beast: Expected PDF release in Q3/Q4.
>Ruins of the Past: Expected PDF release in Q1 2023.
>Ulfenkarn: City at the Edge of Death: ??????????????
>Champions of Chaos: The book is currently in pre-production, and expected in Q2 2023.
>>
>>86128679
The Tzeentch article on Warcom says that Tzeentch has a geomantic map of the Mortal Realms created by the Old Ones.

Isn't that lore rape considering that the Mortal Realms became a thing THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of years after the disappearance of the old Ones?
>>
>>86128492
Pointing out your stupidity is enough. It would be the same if you complained about this in relation to a different company/IP. GW only commisions those, GW isn't the artist.
Why is everything to do with GW rubbing you the wrong way?
Do you want to talk about it?
>>
AoS should've been a Kings of War ripoff (gameplay wise) rather than a 40k ripoff. Keep the fantasy that only a rank and file game can bring while also simplifying it down so retards can understand it.
>>
>>86128703
No.
>>
>>86128789
GW mostly want to sell models not rules and especially not good ones that would create a stable but static game.
If the goal is making and selling models then rank and flank is kind of limiting because all the ranks need to line up unless you make the bases huge which brings other problems and then it won't look uniform either which is defeating the purpose.
Maybe TOW will be just that but to be fair I would have prefered a warmaster scale at that point.
>>
File: 1620723660839.png (62 KB, 278x340)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>>86128394
>teach humans just enough enlightenment to levitate, but not enough to keep them from falling to their deaths
>>
>>86128852
If they want to primarily sell models and stay afloat l they’re gonna have to do a make a little more than a dinky $35 foot hero every month.
>>
>>86128901
I had a stroke mid sentence. I apologize.
Who’s burning toast?
>>
>>86128901
But it's not some sort of subscription model or vidya updates that make everything else obsolete.
People still buy all the other existing models. So much in fact that plenty of people buy more before they're even done building and painting what they have.
>>
File: teclis.jpg (181 KB, 597x450)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>86128572
God why is teclis looking so cool in the broken realms artwork but the model looks like pic related
>>
>>86129048
They could’ve just asset ripped the Eidolons face and it would’ve been infinitely better.
>>
>>86129048
Because he was sculpted to look Asian
>>
>>86129048
>Teclis is a filthy Cathayaboo because the Dragon Emperor and his family survived into AoS, and he has to win social points to get dragons for Hysh now Sigmar has monopolised the Draconith
>>
>>86129125
Based on some of the artwork it looks a lot like the Eidolon was supposed to be Teclis.
>>
>>86128789
Fuck off. Rank and Flank is a garbage system that doesn't make narrative sense for the majority of factions in the game.
>>
>>86128703
the Mortal Realms became a thing THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of years after the disappearance of the old Ones?

yep
From the end time to the age of myth was epochs
Age of myth to age of chaos was Millenniums
Age of chaos to the age of sigmar about 500 years
>>
>>86129048
In think the idea was to make him look like one of Dainton's narrow-faced elves out of 6e, but the sculptor made the face too slant-eyed and the painter did the eyes like normal instead of like shiny black almonds.
>>
>>86129392
I loved rank and flank because of how stupid it was. My iron gutbus with slaughtermaster/tyrant/bruiser gets hit grave guard left flank, zombies right, vamplord on dragon front and I'm like +20 on combat res so all 3 crumble and fucking die because all you did was get more ogres into combat.
>>
>>86129460
It still made no fucking sense in game. How the fuck would ogres of all things be disciplined enough to form and keep rank?
>>
>>86128789
rank and flank more like jank and wank
>>
File: Nagash vs. Teclis 1.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>86128437
>>86128572
Didn't Nagash kill the Sphinx during the fight anyways? Or at least destroy its physical form?
>>
>>86128789
>AoS should've copied a not even remotely as successful game
Sounds like a great idea anon!
>>
>>86128703
"Uh, uhhhhh the Old Ones foresaw the Mortal Realms, that's why there's realmgates built by them already in place even though the Mortal Realms coalsced out of the destruction of the Old World! Trust the Great Plan, guys!"

GW, probably
>>
>>86129485
Youre not wrong but to be fair i always figured its because the big shouty fat guy at the front saw some knights do it once and thought it'd be neat and he'll fucking eat you if you say no. Tyrants don't exactly run a democracy plus they're all fat enough you kinda end up in ranks the second you reach the enemy by virtue of girth, you take up too much space to NOT accidentally end up in ranks.
>>
>>86129389
That’s my turbo tinfoil hat theory. IDK were supposed to be Teclis and Tyrions faction. The Eidolons are a spell caster and a melee monster, the melee one has its eyes covered by helm(implying blindness), the knee pads on Eidolon look like the symbol of Lothern, and most telling is the narration for the IDK reveal trailer. The verbiage makes it sound like Teclis was one of them. “I thought to start my race anew; forged in the image of ancient glories. And I failed. But in the blackness, WE found hope.”
There’s also my other tinfoil hat theory of the “Ymetrica variant” paint scheme being LRL’s original box art scheme but being switched at last second, maybe because it was too similar to IDK box art scheme. Evidence being the original artwork of Teclis having his deep blue inner cloak, the colors of the scheme itself looking like Teclis and Lothern in generals old world colors, and in the LRL reveal trailer it says “From the Realm of Hysh. A SILVER host.” Cream color is a long shot from silver if you ask me.
>>
>>86128153
All Tzeentch demons eat farts, ghey just don't want you to know that
>>
>>86129545
Nah Celennar's still around. In the battle they let Nagash think he had put Celennar on the run when it was actually repositioning itself for the luminarks.
>>
Any Nurglebros around? Do you guys think Plaguebearers are worth? they dont seem that tanky and obviously dont spread disease much, are they a worthy battleline or is blightkings just the way to go? can't decide if i wanna go daemon or mrotal heavy
>>
>>86129545
Sphinx run for back up and saved Teclis last minute
>>
File: Lumineth_vs_Slaanesh_01.jpg (702 KB, 1920x1248)
702 KB
702 KB JPG
>>86129622
It may be a chicken and egg situation but even the pose here is very similar.
>>
>>86129764
Even with a fitting colour scheme
>>
>>86129764
Ah shit. You’re right.
>>
>>86126863
I'm really confused how you got that when it's more like "industrial and environmental regulations and are good actually"
>>
>>86129048
>Why does [GAMES WORKSHOP MODEL] face look bad
Have you tired learning how to paint
>>
>>86129622
The Cythai were the original inhabitants of Hysh they were one and split when he decided to kill them then they deviated into the Idoneth
>>
>>86129622
What the fuck did you think IDK were?
>>
>>86129992
I know what they are. I play them. I’m just wildly speculating at behind the scenes development stuff.
>>
>>86129622
>That’s my turbo tinfoil hat theory. IDK were supposed to be Teclis and Tyrions faction. The Eidolons are a spell caster and a melee monster, the melee one has its eyes covered by helm(implying blindness)
that would be impossible, there's no way GW would make models for both tyrion and teclis and then make them akward to field together because they're identical in everything except a helmet and some wands

they're elves, not orcs
>>
>>86128852
AoS would be fine with a few rule changes. Priority roll, too much rend, especially rend -1, in the game, simplify and speed up attack ranges and piling in, do something with casting so +0 wizards don't feel so shitty, fix the hero monster spam.
>>
>>86130054
Synessa and Dexessa? Their biggest difference is the peacock frill/wings they have on their backs.
>>
>>86129562
Are you implying what they came up with for 1st ed was better? This game would already be dead if it were some else instead of being pushed hard by the industries largest company.
>>
>>86129677
It becomes tanky with the no pile in hero. They're shit without it.
>>
>>86130087
The Slaanesh twins are supposed to not be able to stand looking at each other. Plus those scrolls suck like all Slaanesh units.
>>
>>86130115
The last thing GW needs is to copy one of their copycats
>>
>>86128724
Name the GW webcomics that aren't meant to be funny. That shouldn't be hard, right?
>>
>>86130087
>Their biggest difference is the peacock frill/wings they have on their backs
No most obvious difference is best girl soft tummy Vs disgusting hag with muscular abs.
>>
>>86128437

And two mountain spirits holding him down. They had to gang bang the shit out of him to beat him and Teclis still almost died.
>>
>>86130483
>Teclis still almost died.
He has cancer now anyway
>>
>>86130497
He's an elf, he is cancer.
>>
>>86126546
not sure if you're still around, but heres my take

soulblight is a good, and surprisingly versitile army. it can play fast lightning assaults, slow attrition grinds, spellcaster cabals, giant creature monster mash, and everything inbetween. it has a TON of good options, and very few outright bad ones.

as far as heroes go, the mortarchs are all solid, with the mortarch of night being the standout for the sheer shenanigans he can pull off as well as his strong buffs and durability. radukar and the wolf mother are both amazing, doubly so in vyrkos. the two smaller named vampires, the rat guy and annika are actually both very good for their points, damn near impossible to kill. gorslav is a must if you are running zombie spam. generic vampire lords are useful but slow, vamp lords on zdragons are still the premier combat monster hero, with the new vamp-taurs coming in a close second. necromancers are decent but also have access to the lore of death which is extremely useful. legion of night can run a necromancer council with an artifact that is very strong.

for units. skeletons are no longer both hammer and anvil, they are now just anvil. they deal zero damage, but are somewhat durable and extremely hard to kill in the right situations but vulnerable to shooting, casting, and out of phase fighting due to how their reanimation works. wolves and bats are both stellar fast screening units, with bats leaning more into mobility while wolves provide better wounds and damage for the points and can be buffed significantly. zombies are your hammer. they are shockingly fast, deal a fuckload of damage, and are cheap as they come. running a big 60 man unit or 2 40 man units are both strong plays and they always do work. graveguard pack a lot of damage but are extremely slow so they can be hard to use. good for holding a point. black knights are awful, the one truly bad unit of the tome. blood knights on the other hand are incredible. fast, hard hitting, durable
>>
File: ViP5ano.jpg (15 KB, 442x528)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>finally have time to put together and prime my hobgrots
>somehow managed to lose all of the bases
>>
>>86130557
Zombies are ok, your description is a bit hyperbolic. 60 isn't exactly cheap now and they do middling damage and require a source of +1 attack to even do so. You hope they last two rounds and you get maybe 10 damage or so per activation from them. All the infantry spam is bad anyway now till BH is gone.
>>
>>86130557
pt 2

as for utility you have several useful options with two standouts.

corpse carts, specifically with the balefire brazier, pack a nasty debuff aura that requires nothing other than being near them. no casting rolls, no prayer rolls, just works. and they're cheap and reasonably tough.

then you have the mortis engine. this things mileage will vary, it does next to nothing against budget hordes but its quite impactful against elite min units. it pulses mortal wounds, and has a once per game big pulse that deals even more damage. its not cheap but not exactly expensive, you could easily find room for one in a list if you want a bit of an aoe threat.

then onto the monsters. the zombie dragon and terrorghiest are both okay, though they really shine in avengorii which makes them a fair bit harder to kill. at around 300 points each they arent cheap, but they are fast and fly, which are both things that this army tends to struggle with outside a few select units, mostly heroes and blood knights, so having that extra mobility can be helpful. the vampire lord on zombie dragon, costing an extra 130 points over a regular zombie dragon, adds a lot of punch and the potential for some strong artifacts and command traits, you will often see one leading the army and he pairs well with blood knights.

probably the biggest downside to the army is its lack of ranged options. basically zero ranged offense, and 95% of your wizards only have access to the lore of vampires which is a pure garbage lore. most vampire heroes will be casting the spell on their warscroll if they have one like belladoma but thats about it.
>>
>>86130634
its only not cheap compared to clanrats which are undercosted. 120 for 20 is about as cheap as any infantry comes, and their ability to pull off guaranteed 16 run and pile ins makes them fast and dependable, and almost all their damage comes in the source of mortal wounds which bypass save stacking nonsense entirely
>>
>>86130634
also i tend not to include specific battlepack rules in my considerations when recommending an army because an army collection will last years, while battlepacks are getting changed out every 6-12 months
>>
Is the Ironweld Arsenal a group or a place?
>>
>>86130598
go on ebay. you can get a 200 pack of 25mm rounds for like $5 that are identical to GW ones. not sure if they have slotted ones though, so you might need to cut off the slot bars
>>
3E is dying
This year's releases were all anti hype pity heroes
>>
>>86130723
Whatever you say doomposter
>>
>>86130598
Bought a box of like 500 bases off amazon for 20 bucks. Apparently it's for a company that specializes in accessoroes for model trains, but hell if I know what bases have to do with trains.
>>
>>86130715
It various un-unified Human and Dwarven guilds and industrious conglomeration that develop the technology and weaponry for the freeguild like a AOS mechanicus
>>
>>86130684
If you look at the adjusted raw numbers for them they're just like decent per point, which is fine but not like this unit is broken, its why you play sbgl, heap endless amounts of praise on them, sort of tier.
>>
>>86129048
It doesn't. It's the way GW has painted it. Again, if people actually BOUGHT models and painted them they'd know this. Same shit with SoB. There is literally dozens of examples of better painted minis than GW that show you can make them look good (even one in White Dwarf). So it's just whomever is painting it making it look bad.
>>
>>86130715
A group
>>
So I was reading the short story in WD 'White-Fur'. Turns out that all hair is referred to as 'fur' by Skaven, so it was actually a dwarf. But the weird thing is, the dwarf says 'Oh some ranger was left behind to await the return of the king to this hold but it didn't happen and he died and went into legend and I got attached to it' and another bit of the story said 'but there was no gods here, only the one standing before him'. So I was wondering if the 'White Fur' was Grombrindal. Is he considered a God since he was made by Grungni? Or is Grungni white bearded?
>>
File: 20220923_100659.jpg (219 KB, 680x1031)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
So post dawnbringer, do you guys think spearmen would still be viable? And 2)What realm best fits these guys? Hysh? Ghur? Aqshy?
>>
>>86128703
It seems like Tzeentch got the map of the Geomantic Web of the Old World, that somehow became the Astromantic Web of the Mortal Realms.
>>
File: eidolon of mathlann.jpg (152 KB, 920x950)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>86129125
Yeah the eidolon looks so much better
>>86130789
Nah it just looks stupid sure a good paint job will save it somehow but if you look at the eidolon another elf centerpiece it's just embarrassing for one of the biggest elf characters.
The pose is another crime because the entire focus of the miniature is on the sphinx instead of teclis and that's stupid.
>>
>>86130929
they'll definitely squat some options like just look at the few available on most new kits
>>
>>86130919
Most likely Grom. He is still pissing around and wound up im the drunk tank with Gotrek for a while because...

Anyway whitehair is Grom. I doubt Grungi since godhood kinda means he can make it whatever the fuck he wants.
>>
>>86131052
So for the squatted stuff, you think they'll still let you play them as s with some legacy warscroll or just call them something else? Like if they bunch all the guard options to "sword and shield" cpuld I still field my spearmen as spearmen, or call them whatever the future sword and shield unit is called?
>>
>>86131052
have they even said that dawnbringers is replacing cities? i got the impression that it was going to be its own army, separate from cities
>>
>>86131169
I'd imagine Dawnbringers will be to CoS like SBGL was to LoN.
>>
>>86131278
idk about that. everything we've seen about danwbringer crusades kind of smacks of a whole new line. its the "order of azyr: the army". priestly and zealous, i think its gonna be like 90% witch hunters and priests and fanatics. i dont see them trying to also mix in all the dwarfs and high elfs and wood elfs and freeguild and all that.

i mean time will tell but i really get the feeling dawnbringers is going to be its own thing and cities will live on as a sort of "archive" book
>>
>>86126393
Swoon.
>>
>>86131381
It's seemed pretty clear to me cities is becoming dawnbringers
>>
>>86131381
>>86132128
For the last time lads. Dawnbringers IS Cities. It's just a model refresh, most likely on the human part. Dawnbringer Crusades is literally just a narrative thing for Cities. It's like if they scrapped all the Chaos books for 40k and made a single "Black Crusade" book. It doesn't make sense.
>>
>>86132128
>>
>>86132176
>It doesn't make sense.
How does it not make sense?
>>
>>86132380
Because "Black Crusade" isn't an army. It's an event.
>>
File: Hunter.jpg (286 KB, 1961x1183)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>>86131381
Ask yourself: Where do all those new witch hunter models go? What army do those 3 separate releases belonged to?
>>
>>86132128
No. Dawnbringer Crusades is a narrative thing so you can make your own cities and shit in the realms if you want to, or use the established shit if you don't. It is literally just 'Humanity starts going 'fuck you, this is our land'' again and all the shit that goes with it.

Think of it this way. Dawnbringer Crusades are the action that leads to a City of Sigmar being founded. You're still playing Cities of Sigmar. Calling them 'Dawnbringer Crusades' would be really weird because it implies they don't stop. When the whole point of Dawnbringer Crusades is to find a place, settle, build a city and hope you survive.
>>
GW will 100% squat dispossessed, wanderers and so on with Dawnbringers
Cry, cry like Greenskinz or Tomb Kings
>>
>>86132696
Maybe, how about we just wait and see instead of basing our expectations soley on our own wants?
>>
>>86127426
Honestly a lot of the DOK who aren’t just murder drones seem like genuinely miserable Aelves, especially those self aware enough to know how much of an utter bitch their God is. Morathi is arguably one of worst gods to work for at this point. She’s also going schizo too.
>>
>>86132727
better to buy what you want now and presume the worst tho
>>
>>86132775
I just know we're heading for a kruleboyz situation where everyone is wrong and this general is mayhem for months
>>
I'm predicting dawnbringers to be "primarias cos". What I mean by that is we get new units that are essentially "upgrades" you could argue of existing units in the tome but we don't lose those current units. Do I expect a dawnbringer equivalent of each unit? No, but I think there will be few drastically unique-concept units. And then as Old World actually starts releasing kits, they'll slowly stop selling the current kits and stop directly promoting them as being the core of that army but leave a proxy equivalent unit for them that you can use the updated old world sculpts for. But at the end of the day we don't actually know shit
>>
File: 1625173307224.png (59 KB, 371x323)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>86132765
>going schizo
It was my understanding she reached that point in the Old World.
>>
>>86132789
It will be. Even if they change just the smallest thing, the TWWH secondaries will come flooding in whining about how they ruined the old empire aesthetic.
>>
File: IMG_20220923_163325.jpg (2.89 MB, 5319x3251)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB JPG
These lads are absolute gigachads, looking forward to painting them.
Tempted to try my hand at OSL with the torches
>>
>>86132998
It's insane to me that we don't have any of the other religious empire units, volkmar's kit wasn't old at all and literally shared part of the hurricanum/luminark
>>
File: C A N O N.jpg (2.25 MB, 3024x4032)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB JPG
>>86130483
Teclis "beating Nagash" is the same vibe as some dude claiming to have mastered a souls game boss after having chugging all his estus flasks and his 6 co op buddies dying in the attempt.
>>
File: h69DDYEmJKG1CeVf.jpg (186 KB, 1000x1085)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
Hopes/fears/expectations?
>>
>>86133102
>Hopes
Squatting all of their mortals
>Fears
More tzaangors
>>
>>86133099
>>86130483
GW is really bad at doing 'named characters vs named characters' because you can't have one guy flat out lose. If you do, there is a caveat. Blackmane (Primaris) kills Ghaz? Nope, he cut his head off but it was just attached back because he is super Orky. Magnus faces Logan? Magnus kills some Grey Knights and is weakened and Logan is buffed by Russ and the Spirit of Fenris. Dante vs Swarmlord? Dante blows up his pistol to kill him and dies, but is rezzed by Sanguinius to carry on fighting. Then you have dumb things like Yndrasta hunting down Kragnos... which obviously can't and won't result in anything because she can't kill a God and since she is immortal Kragnos will beat her after she 'wounds' him. Kroak and Morathi needed to team up to beat Kragnos because Kragnos was immune to Kroak's magic (the most powerful slann in existence, only more powerful due to absorbing starlight... can't even tickle Kragnos... slann are just so pathetic in fluff it's depressing). Stormcast Eternals just get killed... I don't think any of the named guys have gotten perma killed (that have models I mean) they killed off Bladestorm didn't they? I can't remember. That's the advantage of 'can't die' things, you can have them lose to hype up a character that can't rez if they die.

Anyway that's my point. Versus fights are always dumb. In WHFB GW at least let shit actually die. VC and Orcs were 90% dead named characters... as in dead dead, not undead. There was a dead guy in Empire. I don't think any other faction had a 'dead in fluff but here are his rules' things in mainline (I think they had FW dead dead guys).
>>
File: 1592481973764.png (19 KB, 447x485)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>86133099
>t.
>>
File: jobbing.png (27 KB, 342x883)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>86133099
>>
File: IMG_20220923_222824651.jpg (1.2 MB, 1300x1733)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
I did not expect these guys to be so small
>>86133068
>game is called age of sigmar
>get rid of everything to do with sigmar from wfb but keep Karl Franz
>>
File: Nagash BTFO.png (1013 KB, 680x1090)
1013 KB
1013 KB PNG
>>86133099
Nagash would be proud, his fans seethe impotently just like him.
>>
>>86133099
>argumentum ad FROMshit
You lost.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (44 KB, 600x706)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>86133211
I mean it's the truth. I might be a nagash stan but he's really only had his ass flat out decked by Sigmar (twice if i remember right, back when he was a barbarian and the other team in the Age of Chaos when Nagash deserted him). Even Archaon had some shit where Nagash was "drained" by the time he fought him. Elffags are straight up disingenuous is where the problem lies and they deserve to be called out on it.
>>
Some day you shall also learn to appreciate Nagash.
>>
>>86133321
>Elffags are straight up disingenuous
Pot, meet kettle.
>>
>>86133389
Let's not pretend that elves are not the blackest kettles around.
>>
>>86133209
The schizo elector count was technically dead but you could make him with the plastic general kit
>>
>>86133389
ehhh i have no problem acknowledging Nagash got his shit pushed in when certain elements are also brought into light. But fuck me if I'm going to let some fucking weeb gary stu character get away with murder when that ain't what happened. No fuckin way SIR. You may get busted ass rules on the table but I will NOT let you lie with the fluff as well.
>>
>>86133499
Yeah that's right.
>>
>>86133499
>You may get busted ass rules on the table
I don't play LRL, where did you get that from?
>I will NOT let you lie with the fluff as well.
Do you think you're chatting with the intern who wrote the WarCom article or what?
>>
>>
File: kvlt.jpg (200 KB, 1000x702)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>86133578
yes that's exactly it you weak ass bitch, get back to editing that article so the truth will be known

>>86133585
ngl Death vs Chaos is the fucking most metal matchup. I hope they blow all their fucking $5000 budget for hammer and anvil on a "Siege of Eighpoints" episode and make it good.
>>
>>86132580
Did you just put a Innistrad/Bloodborne background behind those minis?

Tremendous photoshop skills
>>
>>86133585
Why is he stabbing a skeleton lol
>>
>>86133688
I think that’s Irithyll of the Boreal Valley.
>>
>>86132868
No she’s literally losing control of her bitch side, in the most truest bi polar & schizophrenic fashion
>>
>>86133754
Nope
>>
I'm a newbie, I got into AoS around 6 months ago and bought tons of gray plastic (at least 1500 points of IDK) but never started painting it even if I was actively playing.
I just couldn't start doing it. A mix of analysis paralysis because there are so many scheme options and fear of doing it bad. Not painting felt awful, the guiltiness and self-blame of not doing a task that I should be doing. And every time I played against a fully painted army it was like disrespecting my opponent who took the time to paint every single detail.

After these months, I finally put my shit together and convinced myself that it's okay to paint if they turn out awfully, and even if that happened I could simply buy more plastic, there is nothing stopping me from doing so. Managing to get some of my minis painted should be enough reward no matter how they look.
Since the last week, I started painting my first minis, I'm doing it little by little and making sure that I paint at least half an hour every day, even if it's just correcting some painting mistakes or base coating. It's starting to feel nice, all the shame and self-blaming that I collected over the months is slowly fading away.

It's still too soon to be proud of myself since I don't even have a unit fully painted but anything is better than not painting at all. Please /aosg/ wish me luck. Baby steps.

TLDR: Non-painting-fag becomes a Paint-a-little-fag
>>
>built and painted a 2k point army
>started building a new army at 1k points to try it out
>all built and primed
>immediate urge to buy new models for first army for more build options

How do I fight the urge to increase my backlog?
>>
>>86134046
Is this a copypasta from reddit?
>>
>>86128394
Lancers looks solid but that retarded cow-horse is fucking absurd, like it would hurt them to make an elf on a griffin or some kind of elemental steed, but fuck no lets make some kind of chimera.
>>
>>86133585
>Neferatia invaded by Lascilion, raided by Idoneth, terrorized by Grimscuttle grots, invaded by Legion of Night, and invaded by Be'lakor's boys
>Ossiarch Empire invaded by Lumineth, invaded by Sigvald's Decadent Host, invaded by the Tarkan Warglutt, and suffering uprisings across its length and breadth
Mannfred and Olynder's respective domains may have fared the best since the Age of Chaos ended.
>>
>>86134112
>not appreciating the Vanari Lord Regent's majestic lightcourser steed
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>86134064
No, it's my life. I'm sorry if the long text made you think that
>>
>>86134112
That retarded cow horse looks better than any high elf model ever released
>>
>>86134147
It looks like australian nightmare. Whole range is meek and ugly, not likeing it at all.
>>
>>86134183
You trying too hard. :*
>>
File: 1616791666468.gif (982 KB, 500x364)
982 KB
982 KB GIF
>>86134046
Good to hear my guy. Taking those first few steps is always the hardest.
>>
>>86134268
Thanks anon, I appreciate it
>>
>>86133944
Keep seething while Morathi keeps winning
>>
FEC-Chads, how you doing? I’ve been going hard into the noble knights lately, and idk why everyone says they’re shit tier.
>>
>>86134337
NTA, but I want the Shadowqueen split plotline to go somewhere, if only to make DoK less monolithic, give you the chance to field each separately and make yourdudesing easier.
>>
File: 1659513661129455.jpg (41 KB, 384x420)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>86134379
Doing good, won a local Warcry league with them a couple weeks back now.
>>
Do you guys reckon the inevitable Chorf book will have a seperate warscroll for the hobgbolins under their army, a coalition rule with Warclans, or just not have them playable all together?
>>
>>86134379
Thinking about buying another SC! Was going to do an unmounted Zombie Dragon and foot GK. I have two GK on Terrorgheists already and not sure if I want another mounted hero. Also planning on turning the big boys into two Crypt Haunter Courtiers and a Crypt Infernal Courtier. I know they’re kind of underpowered comparatively but thinking of using them for smaller point games and I’ve got some conversion ideas for the Haunters to make them pop out a bit more
>>
File: cu0u9333t6u41_jpg.jpg (289 KB, 640x640)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
I was thinking:
Is there "necromancy" in Age of Sigmar?
You know, the forbidden art taken from Dhar, forcing the winds of magic in unnatural ways?
Or is it all "Amethyst Magic" now that Nagash and Shyish go hand in hand?

Are there humans doing Amethyst magic anymore? Are they seen as dangerous? It wasn't the case in the Old World, Shyish magic was perfectly legitimate, nothing like necromancy.

...But now they are the same?
...Or is there still a difference?
>>
>>86135023
There is a difference still it's just blurrier from what I can tell. Like you can be a death mage without being a necromancer
>>
>>86135071
But necromancy now should no longer be "unnatural" right? It has become part of the "normal" realm of Death/Shyish, it is no longer a "twisted evil version" of Death, it is just Death (I assume?)
It is endorsed by the literal legitimate natural deity of Death, it should be perfectly in line with the cosmos now (?)
>>
Am I retarded for starting a Legion of Azgorh army with normal dwarfs and then all the various chaos bits I have lying around?
>>
>>86135158
Yes, presumably, but also consider this:
The perfectly legitimate, natural deity of death, nagash... is an asshole.
>>
>>86135023
Amethyst magic is a thing and necromancy is still considered a perversion of it as explained in Cursed City, one of the heroes in that game is an Amethyst wizard hunting down his rogue apprentice turned necromancer. That being said Necromancers do seem tolerated in the Cities, but then there's a ton of shit that's tolerated in cities that wouldn't be back in Fantasy.
>>
>>86134046
Baby steps are all you need to reach a full sprint in time, anon. I’m still pretty bad at scheme choosing since I’m an indecisive fuck, but I make something come together in the end.
>>
>>86135214
Like Orcs.
>>
Does anyone have any cool OBR paint schemes or ideas for them? The closest scheme in the book to one I like is the Petrifex Elite one, but it's still not quite there.
>>
>>86135224
Yeah, there's even a Bonesplitter sharing a cell with Gotrek, which the most unbelievable thing about that is that Gotrek didn't immediately throttle the bloke.
>>
>>86135230
Then just alter it
>>
>>86134962
I always run at least a 6 man unit of horrors in my FEC, and the haunter is so cheap, it’s easy to have him around, and doing double muster on that unit if it’s down to like 1 or 2 guys is so good.
>>
File: wilderbeast.jpg (80 KB, 550x447)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>86134112
> cow-horse
Have you fuckers seriously never heard of a wilderbeast?
>>
>>86135423
no, but I know what a wildebeest is
>>
>>86126819
Go Slaanesh, the other dude doesn’t even have a god.
>>
File: 1660546863834172.jpg (229 KB, 850x694)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>86135158
>It is endorsed by the literal legitimate natural deity of Death, it should be perfectly in line with the cosmos now (?)
Kek, Nagash explicitly *isn't* the legitimate God of Death, he consumed most of those and has a serious case of Schizophrenia because of it. Honestly, none of Nagash's lore makes sense given that everyone, aside from possibly Gorkamorka, was well aware of how much of a cunt he is, letting him gobble the underworlds of their followers never made sense. Double dumbass points go to Sigmar for even freeing him in the first place given their particular history.
>>
>>86135248
Does gotrek give a reason why he doesnt just murder the orc?
>>
>>86135023
I’m still waiting for Teclis and Morathi to use actual, no-bullshit Qhaysh/Dhar instead of their realm’s new, marketable magic. At least with the Slann I can comfortably headcanon their operating-at-the-divine-level-without-being-god level magic as being Qhaysh.
>>
File: By The Lady!.jpg (28 KB, 326x304)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>86136171
>Does gotrek give a reason why he doesnt just murder the orc?
He a good Boi, he dindu nothin'
>>
File: 20220923_191740.jpg (3.76 MB, 4000x3000)
3.76 MB
3.76 MB JPG
I just started getting all what I need to play AoS & my starting Army is Orruks thinking about using the Ironjawz, Savage Orruks & some of those skinny af Boyz for a nice little Waagh, I'm not sure if this is the most current edition the fucker at the shop said it is but I keep seeing different books online did I get small hat'ed??
>>
>>86136081
Gorkamorka doesn't really care about the afterlives of his followers considering they reincarnate via him belching their souls back up
>>
File: file.png (955 KB, 920x950)
955 KB
955 KB PNG
>>86136320
You did. This is the book you want. Red border is the new thing for this edition's aesthetic choice. I'd go get a refund or submit a chargeback on their ass.
>>
>>86136320
Go back and break his legs, he knew what he was doing
>>
>>86136326
Hence why I excluded Gorkamorka, then he again he might not care about afterlife, but Nagash is the epitome of a pussy-ass bitch who can't fight properly and would be a nobody with out his ability to respawn at camp... so I somehow doubt even he would do Nagash do any favours. There's a reason Arkhan is literally Nagash's only friend in the entirety of his existence.
>>
>>86136577
I'd argue Arkhan isn't even a friend. He's a Sycophant at best.
>>
>>86136625
To be fair, Arkhan seems to care about Nagash's long term well being, a sycophant wouldn't. I don't know why, but he seems to none the less, maybe it's Stockholm syndrome?
>>
File: IMG_20220924_005549.jpg (1.47 MB, 3328x3116)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
Do you consider the quality of this sculpt outdated?
Curious on what some of you guys think, and where you draw the line on modern/outdated quality and style
>>
>>86136931
Late 90's/early 2000's stuff is generally kino.There are a few outliers but by and large most of them retain their charm. I still love my Mordheim mercenaries.
>>
>>86130497
GW remembered Teclis was meant to be a weak and wobbly guy who had to drink potions to even stand so they brought that back.
>>
>>86136931
I will defend basically anything in CoS

The only shitty sculpts I can’t stand are the truly ancient Skaven stuff. I feel bad for Ratbros getting basically nothing with their 3E book as far as models go. Deathmaster looks cool but that was a replacement for one of the few good looking resin models.
>>
>>86136975
their consolation is the two nicest looking, and most cohesive underworlds teams. Cold comfort when the army looks dogshit but still something.
>>
>>86136682
Arkhan's treatment in AoS/Fantasy reminds me of Starscream's treatment in the Bayformers movies. He's supposed to be the shitty sycophant traitor type, but he's too iconic to be not part of his overlord's retinue and his ambitions therefore align with his master's while he himself never gets any reasonable opportunity nor motive to usurp him, because Nagash has to remain as the supreme overlord of death for his model to maintain it's narrative relevance. So in practice he comes across like an overworked butler who just wants the best for his boss.
>>
File: orcs.png (1.26 MB, 1728x1040)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
>omg a foot megaboss!
>is that a fungoid??? Wow, the tech omg!
I hate these fucking 3.0 ironjawz list man. Fix this shit GW.
>>
so, i'm kinda of a retard and have been playing AoS in tabletop with a few friends to get a hang of the game. And i found myself confused in a certain rule. Does all units need to be in a battalion? is this a requirement? or could you have a Warlord Battalion and two Artillery without out there?
>>
>>86137603
Dont have to.
Not in open and not in matched.
>>
>>86137002
it sure would have been nice if one of those warbands were a skryre one with a ratling gun or warpfire thrower...
>>
>>86137603
As far as I'm aware not everything has to be in battalion but the benefits they offer are generally good enough to use them wherever possible.
>>
File: Dullers.png (106 KB, 448x315)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
What a shithole.
>>
File: simpleas.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
Can't wait for the new ogre book because these boys are suffering unless you're playing beastclaw. Just a bunch of big pillow-fisted babies that collapse to even a single point of rend or any half-decent enemy save.
>>
File: 1651686418570.gif (546 KB, 1024x551)
546 KB
546 KB GIF
>>86137748
>I WASTE THE COMPUTERS VALUBLE TIME POSTING ON 4CHAN INSTEAD OF WORKING 24 HOUR SHIFTS AT THE SIGMAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES OMNIFACTORY (EXCEPT FOR 10 MINUTE BREAKS WITH THE DULLERS) UNTIL I DROP DEAD BECAUSE IM A SELFISH LITTLE FUCK WHO HATES PROGRESS AND ORDER AND WANTS TO REGRESS HUMANITY BACK TO THE AGE OF CHAOS!!!!!!!!
>WHAT THE FUCK WHY DID THE SUPERVISORS GRYPH HOUND FLAG ME FOR IMMEDIATE HAMMERING INTO REALMSTONE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THIS IS HAPPENING? COULD IT BE BECAUSE IM A HARD OF THINKING FUCKING CHAOS PISS BABY WHO NEEDS TO DIE DIE DIE DIE RIGHT THE FUCK NOW?! NOOOOO I DONT WANT TO BE FUCKING USEFUL FOR ONCE IN MY SPOILED LIFE!!!!!
>>
What do you guys think was the rarest box set?
Was it looncurse?

>inb4 dominion
>>
>>86137775
Idk, i'm 4-0-1, 3-2, 4-1 with Gutbusters. Heroes and Monsters are unbelievably good right now so underguts quad trophy canon is great. You just pick off like 500 points of shit every turn. Leadbelchers w/ Bounty Hunter are damage 3 in melee against GV and purple sun functionally gives them rend 2 Without needing to get in close. Ironguts absolutely fuck, it's not uncommon that they'll just vaporize whatever they charge at even unbuffed and Hungry speed 8 gets them there decently quick. Reinforcing to make your Rallies/All outs better is pretty reasonable too and if you're really going in you can just run a Krondspine as a fantastic screen for all your shooting. I find Gutbusters consistently outperform Beastclaw outside of the turn you pop rune token.
>>
>>86137914
Spire of Dawn
>>
>>86137914
OG run of Cursed City
>>
>>86137921
I fucking love Ogors, man. No grand schemes, no realm conquering plans. Just a bunch of giant, starving retards carrying around cannons and licking slime off rocks. Simple as.
>>
>>86137914
The CoS boxsets
>>
I went searching in the archives and couldnt find the gloomspite gitz battletome.
Help a grot out?
Also what the fuck happened to the pdfs anyway? GW get upset and piss in our cornflakes? Its been years since I paid attention to a GW game.
>>
>>86136931
Empire sculpts hold up really well plus they're from the period where everything was made interchangeable and you had a ton of spare bits over, it's a shame they got rid of knights because that's an amazing kit. GW donn't really take advantage of plastic kits the way they used to.
>>
>>86138049
I want a storyline where Ghyran tries to buy ogors’ loyalty by just using life magic to conjure a shitton of food for them to eat and at first it works beautifully, but then the Sylvaneth get butthurt at the ogors eating out of control and endangering the entire ecosystem like the insatiable invasive species that they are once their population hits a certain level
>>
>>86137886
Gem
>>
File: 1626305248539.jpg (242 KB, 800x505)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>86138355
iirc there is a story of a tyrant getting a taste for sylvaneth flesh so they start fucking forests up to draw them out. The ogors then proceed to make fun of the tyrant for eating something that's basically vegetables. My personal favorite Ogor story is the one where a tyrant eats too many hallucinogenic mushrooms from the GSG and decides he's going to eat an entire airship. Which goes great right up until his stomach acid burns through a warhead in his stomach and blows him to little chunks.
>>
Where is the man famous for reading the book?
>>
>>86137603
AoS isnt like 40k, no. Battalions are just a bonus extra thing for listbuilding.
>>
>>86138538
On the Tube of You.
>>
Well looks like Tzeentch mortals are still trash. Here's to another 3 years of flamers & pinks
>>
>>
File: convocations2.jpg (1.64 MB, 2700x1760)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
The Change Covens with rules in the new book are as follows:
>The Eternal Conflagration
>The Hosts Duplicitous
>The Hosts Arcanum
>The Cult of the Transient Form
>The Pyrofane Cult
>The Guild of Summoners
>>
>>86138735
>>
File: daemons of tzeentch SC.jpg (209 KB, 920x950)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>86138625
>mortals are trash
>remove the sweet discount bundle box of daemons and replace it with a more expensive one that's half mortals
Sounds about right.
>>
>>86138650
I'm just a little surprised that there's no option that turns Tzaangor Enlightened into battleline units. I've just gotten used to ridiculous stuff like that in 3rd edition.
>>
>>86138739
Copy+paste including the subpar tzaangor & acolyte covens. Bravo God of Change.
>>
>>86138763
man Im glad I picked this up and collected my army to also start playing 40k with
>>
>>86137301
Gw still has no idea how to make brutes actually playable, I played ij exclusively for 3 years but haven't touched them in months the new book is so boring
>>
>>86138650
>>86138739
Is there anything in the battle traits that makes up for Kairics not being Wizards anymore?
>>
>>86139037
Kairics have gone back to the exact same scroll as the old book
>>
>>86139105
Well if that's true, then it's a big relief. One of the worst decisions they could have made.
>>
File: 1652959422210.png (7.22 MB, 3291x2184)
7.22 MB
7.22 MB PNG
I did not realize Echoes of Doom would leave me with a bag full of basing materials but now I'm seriously considering getting a couple boxes of dryads just for basing my nighthaunt with the bits
>>
>>86139109
They're still shit though, an 80pt profile that costs 120 because of a bunch of trash extra rules. I speak as someone with 60 of them.
>>
>>86139119
Why not? Themed basing always pops off well
>>
>>86138625
It is book of tzaangors, anon. You WILL play birbgoats and you WILL like it.
>>
Quick question, I played a fair bit of Seraphon in 2nd ed, but covid and everything sort of left me gameless for ages. Looking to get back in now, what are the books I need?
>>
New lizards fucking when I want to make an army of cool dinosaurs and frogs.
Also Seraphon should be able to use that dragon with all the scars because it looks awesome
>>
File: king kek.gif (354 KB, 384x239)
354 KB
354 KB GIF
>>86139526
>me who is playing a horde of tzaangors led by a magical ox summoning deamons
>>
>>86139591
Not in the next few years.

You'll get a mixed race warcry band with the next battletome and that's it.
>>
File: 1661873335568647.png (178 KB, 512x512)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>86139652
>>
>>86137775
I'd keep that hype in a bit of check, it looks like the majority of these tome spam books aren't doing more than a point of rend or save here and there. Unless your army was already half baked (NH lol), I wouldn't expect absolutely huge changes. The AoS design team is (smartly) steering away from power creep and the game is already very tight on numbers.
>>
>>86138739
is the full thing leaked?
>>
Fuck me, figured these wouldn't go out of production any time soon.
>>
>>86139864
Might be reboxes for STD
>>
>>86139864

Probably reboxing. I wish they'd do these 20 packs for the rest of the STD warbands while they're at it.
>>
>>86139879
>>86139886
I kinda have doubts. They aren't sold for warcry in the warbands form either, nor are stores getting restocked. I feel like they planned to phase them out so newer warbands can take their place and incentivise people to buy the newer models. Saves printing out a dozen warbands when you can replace a mold with that of the new warbands.
>>
ffs, they're not putting out Lumineth at the same time? Do they need to pad out releases that badly?
>>
File: convocations1.jpg (2.58 MB, 3120x2080)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB JPG
>>86138735
>>86138739
Tidbits on the new allegiances.
>the Cult of the Transient Form is full of dudes who want to become Tzaangors or daemons, or who just want to warp endlessly
>the Pyrofane Cult differ from the Eternal Conflagration in that they just want to burn stuff, no mutating warpfire shit, if they can set shit on fire they're happy
>Guild of Summoners are mooks of nine big birds called the Exiled, their mission is to summon all the nine big birds at once to make Tzeentch un-exile them
>the Cult of a Thousand Eyes are the top infiltrators of the Dawnbringer Crusades and praise the Changeling almost as hard as they do Tzeentch
>>
File: PXL_20220924_145021041.jpg (2.25 MB, 3747x2719)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB JPG
I now have an AoS army. Think I can run these BB grots as "stabbas" without re-basing them?
>>
>>86139591
Why do you need new lizards? Theres a whole range of cool dinos and frogs
>>
>>86140071
>the Cult of the Transient Form is full of dudes who want to become Tzaangors or daemons, or who just want to warp endlessly
ok I kind of and I mean kind of understand wanting to turn into a demon or "warp endlessly" but a tzaangor?
>>
>>86140489
Play tzaangors.
>>
>>86140489

>ok I kind of and I mean kind of understand wanting to turn into a demon or "warp endlessly" but a tzaangor?

I mean, why even worship Tzeentch if you don't want to fuck birds?
>>
>>86140071
any cool lore bit about Tzeentch and his realm?
>>
>>86140391
depends who you're playing, square bases can be problematic but if your opponent doesn't mind then go for it
>>
>>86140515
I don't recall what was said about it in the 2e tome so I've no idea what parts are new.
>>
>>86140569
You know what, I think I'm just going to rebase them. I just realized the glue didn't do a great job of adhering to the bases anyway.
>>
>>86140589
I'm curious how big those grots are though, they look tiny compared to the gobbapalooza
>>
>>86140503
>fuck birds
Btw there's a female turnskin tzaangor mentioned on the timeline, called the "Mater Muta".
>>
>>86140489
>assuming yu get to chose what you change into
SPIN. THE. WHEEL!
>>
Looking like Tzeentch got the lazy copy paste but also worse book this dual box.
>>
File: PXL_20220924_154204253.MP.jpg (844 KB, 2669x1756)
844 KB
844 KB JPG
>>86140604
Grot sizes vary a bit, I'd say the difference is negligible. The Boggleye has his snotlings, and at the end of the day they're all greenskins.
>>
>>86140789
They looked smaller in the photo, are they on 25mm squares?
>>
>>86139591
Outside of a few units lizardmen look great
>>
>>86136931
Proportions could be better but they definitely don't need to be. I also said the exact same thing about skeletons though so nothing is safe
>>
This is your cult leader. Say something nice about her.
>>
File: 20220924_115736.jpg (3.04 MB, 4032x3024)
3.04 MB
3.04 MB JPG
Still a good amount of cleanup to go
>>
>>86140900
I want a khorne army that's just flesh hounds and juggernauts but I know that won't be fun to paint or play I just want to look at it
>>
>>86140900
Wtf is that Monster Hunter greatsword
>>
>ERA OF THE BEAST
>The culmination of Alarielle the Everqueen's great spell of life and the subsequent rise of the Earthquake God, Kragnos, herald the dawn of the Era of the Beast, an age of untamed savagery and violence. Though this crude animalism is distasteful to Tzeentch, he is delighted by the outbreaks of bestial mutation that occur due to the waxing of amber magic; the numbers of his Tzaangors multiply tenfold, as more and more humans devolve into avian horrors. His followers look to hasted this process whenever possible by corrupting sites of arcane power with unbridled change-magic.
BUY TZAANGORS
>>
File: 1536265391662.png (122 KB, 234x226)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
>>86140970
>Nagash makes the Necroquake happen
>realms are flooded with death magic
>dead rise up across the realms
>Alarielle makes the Rite of Life happen
>realms are flooded with life magic
>people turn into tzaangors for some reason
L*fe is fucking disgusting.
>>
>>86140970
Neither games will be rid of tzaangors, they'll find an excuse to chuck them into old world too
>>
>>86141084
tzaangors are going to be scary with -3 rend from spells in that book with DD charges.
>>
>>86135523
underrated message
>>
>>86140052
>Do they need to pad out releases that badly?
Did you see the chart of 2022 releases someone made a few threads ago? Because the answer to that question is yes
>>
Is there an AoS Mordheim equivalent?
>>
>>86141084
Aren't they just Tzeentch Bestigors?
>>
>>86141516
Closest is Warcry, but they diluted what could've been a really cool game by trying to also make it AoS kill team so it's some weird bastard child resulting from an orgy of Mordheim, Necromunda, and Kill Team.
>>
File: cogfort.png (881 KB, 1016x432)
881 KB
881 KB PNG
>>
>>86140451
>>86140847
Honestly I just want the resin shit replaced and new saurus that look like the guys from the carnosaur kit and the warband.
>>
File: cannon.png (789 KB, 1016x496)
789 KB
789 KB PNG
>>86141588
>>
>>86141608
>t. Total War enjoyer
>>
>>86141588
>>86141783
I wish I was skilled enough to make a cogfort that didn't look like shit
>>
>>86140879
You don't like heroic scale or something?
>>
>>86141797
Looking like shit is fine.
>>
>>86141608
Jesus Christ, you should like every idiot who "wants to start" Seraphon.
Go back to /VG/
>>
>>86139725
That's exactly what I want though. Slap a point of rend onto Gluttons main attacks, bump up the less popular subfactions a little bit to match Boulderhead/Underguts, MAYBE add a little healing if they do wounds with gulping bite. They really don't need much. Plastic butcher/slaughtermaster when
>>
>>86141842

nta but fuck off already. I have 40 fully painted Saurus Warriors and I'd happily tip them into a trash can if GW updated the sculpt already. The control group of people who want updated Saurus is fucking everyone who actually likes Seraphon, vs you, rando who thinks the current sculpt looks amazing on the webstore.
>>
File: Saurus_Oldblood.jpg (166 KB, 800x800)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>86141784
>>86141842
So wanting saurus to look more like pic related makes me a total war player?
God you people are obsessed.
>>
>>86138739
Did we get any new lore or is it all just a copy-paste? Also, for when are the pdfs expected?
>>
>>86141784
>>86141842
He's kinda right about the saurus. They should look like less, forgive the word, 'epic' version of the Oldblood/Scar Vet on the Carnosaur. So smaller ridge etc. Total War Lizardmen are absolute garbage and should never be anywhere near the tabletop. I am actually sickened by how bad the Lizardmen were seeing as how the most popular army the devs actually collected was Lizardmen. I mean, they didn't even have SCALY SKIN attribute. They acted like retarded orcs. They walked like gorillas. They were fucking dumb, stupid and bad. Kroxigors were awful too.

I have around 120 Saurus Warriors, not all painted since I quit my WHFB mega project when WHFB died, so I don't care if they're not updated lmao.
>>
>>86139725
>The AoS design team is (smartly) steering away from power creep
4 Fulminators hitting for 46 damage, 6 kurnoth scythes hitting for 35 and yeeting away say hi. FeC was the most busted shit ever in early 2nd, now its low tier so creep certainly exist.
>>
>kit from 2003 should get replaced soon
coming in hard with the controversial hot takes today.
>>
>>86142033

Now that we've got about half the battletomes available to judge from, it seems they're pretty much just copypasting tomes that were considered decent in 2E and only putting effort into the garbo ones.

Which is fine up to a point but there's nothing about it that deserves praise, not when they're selling this shit for $50 a book and and a 55% chance at new cover art.
>>
So Guild of Summoners can definitely summon an additional Lord of Change by T2 and has a good chance at putting an extra one down T1. But the second probably isn't going to hit the table until T3/T4. How good is that?
>>
>>86141842
I think the fact that you have this stereotype on tap in the first place is good evidence that the current sculpts are dealbreakers. I know I'm waiting on a bit of a line refresh to separate "seraphon" from "lizardman" before I throw any shekels at GW.
>>
>>86141834
Again they COULD make them slightly more realistic scale, but they don't NEED to. I only bring it up since I don't know what else you would need to improve about that kit
>>
>>86141993
Okay show me your 40 fully painted saurus then
>>
>>86141841
Let me actually take hobgrots as battleline and give me a hobgrot hero and I'll make a krulefort no matter how bad it ends up looking. And no, forcing me to take those fucking awful gutrippas doesn't count
>>
>>86142143
Whats wrong with gutrippaz?
>>
>>86142159
I abhore the kruleboyz I only like the hobgrots and for the moment they're trapped in kruleboyz
>>
>>86140765
Auto-casting Burning Sigil turn 1 (regardless of who gets first turn) and it can't be dispelled turn 1 either, is going to be pretty insane vs. any 1/2 wound armies. This can easily create 3-4 spawn and completely fuck up your opponent's plans before they even do anything.
>>
>>86142114
Its a win more mechanic. Judge it based on that. If you arent winning then the extra birds dont matter much
>>
>oh you've got 2000pts of tzeentch? cool, cool
>you'll just need to buy a couple extra lords of change, 50 extra horrors or so, a couple heralds, and a half dozen chaos spawn before you can actually play this army
>>
>>86142256
still better than slaanesh.
>>
File: oyjFdvd.gif (1.79 MB, 560x315)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB GIF
>>86142256
>you'll just need
>need
>>
>>86142256
>simply resummons units when they die instead
No.
>>
>>86142013
Some new stuff on the timeline, a couple of pages hyping the threat posed by Tzeentch abusing the Old Ones' space charts, a few paragraphs about the new allegiances. That might be it for the new stuff.
>>
>>86138650
Curseling
Shaman on disc
magister on disc
2x10 kairic acolytes
1x30 tzaangors
2x3 skyfires
2x3 enlightened on discs.

sounds like a nice and simple army.
>>
File: Sarandua.png (1.32 MB, 917x687)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
According to the battletome the Curseling dude survived this and escaped, somehow.
>>
>>86142866
Arkhan is so fucking embarrassed right now.
>>
>>86142831
The whole army looks like it runs off kairos, and changecaster looks like auto include.
>>
File: 1536265391661.png (377 KB, 600x439)
377 KB
377 KB PNG
>>86142957
>>
>>86142194
It looks like its only 1 spawn regardless of the number slain. Annoying but not a huge deal.
>>
>>86142143
you can 1 per every Gutrippaz
>>
>>86142957
Arkhan always punches above his waist. You win some, you lose some. At very least he's not a loser knife-ear who purposely searched out weaker opponents to show off their win-record.
>>
>>86142003
People are probably just tired of the ttw secondaries, but you're absolutely right that it needs replacement. Plenty of kits do, not just lizardboys, but who knows when refresh will happen. Personally I am a skink guy, so I am happy with my frogs and skinks (just wish my crocs were better), but I do feel for the saurusfags.
>>
>>86143244
>Arkhan always punches above his waist.
Most people do.
>>
>>86142256
Khorne had this before anyone else in the sense that no matter what you were running you needed bloodthirsters in order to take advantage of blood tithe. Welcome to he'll brother
>>
>>86143272
thing is that 14 wounds with a 4+ gets beaten to death like its nothing so one magnetised bloodthirster is all you needed. still have every kind of bloodthirster except kha
>>
File: 1642848068384.jpg (78 KB, 500x622)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>86143237
>>
Is Kemmler and Krell in AoS? If not do you reckon they'll bring them back? Started to get into fantasy over 40k, and I love those two goofy niggas.
>>
>>86143406
No.
>>
>>86143419
Not even Krell? Does Nagash not give a fuck about him anymore?
>>
File: multiparts.jpg (196 KB, 570x862)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
Any new StD stuff? I haven't been paying attention lately.
>>
>>86143437
Characters being ported to AoS is almost entirely based on if they got a plastic model in 8th edition or not.
>>
>>86143441
What was the last thing you saw?
>>
>>86143450
Not necessarily, they've ported Sigvald over and teased Throgg during the revealed. Realistically it's an 8-ball game.
>>
>>86143488
Chosen.
>>
>>86143441
Not yet but in a few months there will be
>>
>>86143493
That's why I say almost, with Chaos characters and Eltharion being the exceptions and even then it's a gamble since several of them went extinct. Even Sigvald was turned into a generic hero until he randomly got a new model.
>>
>>86143493
I'm fine with Throgg staying dead, his old model was perfect and I feel like they'll make him look like a trogboss which I also love the look of but I don't think it suits him
>>
>>86143505
Literally everything has been leaked for months. If you mean last 'proper announcement' (aka WarCom with a non-potato image) then no, Chosen were the last.
>>
>>86143545
Throgg's model was perfect and should have been named Troggoth King and Troll Hag should have been named Troggoth Queen and you should have gotten a bonus if both were together within an aura range.

FUCKING MISSED CHANCE.
>>
>>86143620
Except Throgg was a WoC character and the troll hag an orcs and goblins model wiht a very different aesthetic. It wouldn't have made any sense. Besides, the reason they squatted Throgg in the first place despite being mentioned in the first AoS book is because they broke the mold and it took them 3 editions to do something with WoC.
>>
>>86143620
That sounds like an awful idea
>>
>>86143620
SONS of Behemat.
No girls allowed they're icky.
>>
>>86143850
Are you retarded anon
>>
>>86143954
Hang on let me check.
>>
>>86143850
Who give them birth? there must be female one
>>
>>86144172
giants are actually just big ogres.
>>
>>86144304
No way, diffrent phisique. Giants have female hips, prop tranies lol if true.
>>
>>86143850
What does sons of behemat have to do with throgg
>>
File: Warcry_ChaosLegionnaires.jpg (163 KB, 1000x1000)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
Did release the rules for using Chaos Legionnaires in AoS yet, or will that be in the new STD book?
The models for these guys kick fucking ass, way better than old marauders.
>>
>>86144172
Butt babies anon, I took an alphabet soup biology class. This way no estrogen contaminates the strongest breeding of giants.
>>
>>86144357
Its on the community site in the downloads section.
>>
>>86144357
They are nice but definitely not better than mauraders.
Classic barbarian aesthetic is kino, only a wimpy cuck would prefer these armored virgins
>>
>>86144402
I like them because they remind me of oldhammer chaos warriors, back when they came with heavy armor by default that you could upgrade to chaos armor.
>>
>>86144402
Old aesthetic is good, but models are not very good. But I agree, dig both style but prefer the old marauders as the baseline.
>>
>>86144357
Yes.
They actually hit a little harder than chaos warriors as nearly half the unit has 2 damage halberds and having a 50% chance to turn off commands for someone you're within 6" of (so not even necessarily in combat) is pretty fucking strong for an otherwise speed bump battleline unit.

They aren't anywhere as fast as marauders so obviously their overall usefulness is lower, but I don't think they're shit by any means.
>>
Age of Sigmar apocalypse game set in the Age of Myth when?
>>
>>86144402
You're probably one of those retards that acts like marauders matter
>>
>>86144402
I think untamed beasts, darkoath and spire tyrants do the chaos barbarians thing better than marauders.

In terms of looks, not rules.
>>
>>86144472
What an unnecessary and awful idea
>>
File: patrick hand rub.gif (160 KB, 498x378)
160 KB
160 KB GIF
>>86144472
>It's lowkey a way to reintroduce rank and flank mass formation gameplay
>>
>>86144472
Why would they set it during a period where half the armies didn't even exist yet retard
>>
>>86144522
Because I don't want you fuckers to exist, die.
>>
>>86143850
You do realise the fluff states there are female giants, right?
>>
>>86144469
>They actually hit a little harder than chaos warriors
Chaos warriors better be more than glorified brick walls this time. There was a time where they used to be feared in combat.
>>
>>86144516
They should do that even with normal sized games. We have the same model counts as fantasy, there's no point in pretending this is a skirmish game.
>>
>>86144487
Darkoath are literally marauders, just not with 20 year old models. Though half the heads and of the savagers look like shit. They have wierd proportions in a different way than regular marauders do.
>>
>>86144633
>Chaos warriors attacking WS4 T3 5+ save units in fantasy: Hit on 3's, wound on 2's, no armor saves. Had a 3+ save.
>Chaos warriors in AoS: Hit on 3s, wound on 4s, enemy gets AT LEAST a 4+ save. Has a 4+ save themselves.
It hurts.
That might end up being chosen.
>>
>>86144659
>Darkoath are literally marauders, just not with 20 year old models.
That's why they're based.
>>
>>86144664
Current chosen hit hard, they are just retardedly written. They cost more than chaos knights for the same attack profile, less wounds, no ward save, slower and no bravery penalty. There's just no reason to take them over knights.
>>
>>86144693
Is that current as in their old book stats or current as in their leaked new book warscroll?
>>
>>86144487
>Darkoath look amazing
>keyword bingo means they don’t benefit from Darkoath Warqueen or Chieftain leading them
Thanks I fucking hate it
>>
>>86144708
Old book, we don't know their new stats yet.
>>
New one

>>86144735
>>
>>86144712
>Hey can I house-rule this given the units logically should benefit from X and Y
>Yeah sure anon, hope you get a cool combo off with them during the game
Wow, this was hard
>>
>>86144751
You're assuming most people want to use houserules but they don't.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.