[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: FZLJGTBWIAAApr7.jpg (340 KB, 2048x2006)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
Cheesed to Meet You Edition

>UA: Character Options
https://media.dndbeyond.com/compendium-images/one-dnd/character-origins/CSWCVV0M4B6vX6E1/UA2022-CharacterOrigins.pdf
>UA: Character Options Survey
http://wizards-of-the-coast.character-origins.alchemer.com/s3

>New Errata
https://dnd.wizards.com/dndstudioblog/sage-advice-book-updates

>5etools
https://5e.tools/

>Trove
The T̶r̶o̶v̶e̶ Vault (seed, please!):
bit<dot>ly/2Y1w4Md

>Resources:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
>>86111867

How much leeway do you allow/are you allowed in terms of reflavoring existing races? Do you allow any mechanical variations on existing statblocks (i.e. half-elves getting trance as their subrace ability)?
>>
File: ya boi peeprs.jpg (50 KB, 618x526)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>tfw no nerdy mouse gf to eat cheese and have lots of tender loving baby making sex with
>>
tq: some flexibility, half elves getting trance or not is more of a world-lore thing though
>>
>>86123853
I'd allow quite a bit. I'm down for people making their own races, even.
But I haven't been allowed to do shit. My DMs would often just ban races that were normally allowed, and wouldn't let you change one thing about what a race got. One time I made a half-orc who was raised by dwarves, and just asked that my bonus language be Dwarven instead of Orcish, for RP purposes. Nope - he called me a 'wannabe cheater'
>>
File: file.png (242 KB, 484x615)
242 KB
242 KB PNG
Remember to thank your soulknife for taking out high-priority targets, /tg/!
>>
File: 1646633984274.png (2.96 MB, 964x1269)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB PNG
>>86123869
Sorry, anon, you get a greasy rat mechanic wife instead.
>>
>>86123923
NTA, but even better!
>>
>>86123853
god damn it i just printed her photo and put it on a block of cheese. cut a hole in it and im fucking it now fuck shes so hot whats her name so i can moan it
>>
File: FZLJGTDXgAAXIRm.jpg (360 KB, 2048x1756)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
>>86123936
Olive, according to the artist.
https://twitter.com/BumbleSteak/status/1443259580239294474
https://twitter.com/BumbleSteak/status/1554525937479319552
>>
File: -HJN_y18_400x400.jpg (45 KB, 400x400)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>DM is letting me play Pugilist
>Proficiency in improvised weapons
>My face when the word is my weapon
God, I can't wait to start swinging around chairs, dead kobolds and portable rams around
>>
File: images (4).jpg (12 KB, 225x225)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>86123936
>>
>86123936
WTF
>>
File: 1617667220378.jpg (192 KB, 757x998)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
Honestly weird there isn't a playable race of rat/mouse people, they're far from uncommon in most fantasy.
>>
File: optimism.png (275 KB, 754x426)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
>>86123961
>>
File: 4.jpg (243 KB, 610x1120)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>86123936
>>
File: fox_emote_heart_eyes.png (166 KB, 500x500)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>86123991
Haymaker someone in the face for me.
>>
File: DyELCKRUYAASSQf.jpg (57 KB, 680x451)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>86123991
>Dead Kobolds
why wait until they're dead?
>>
>>86124022
BUT OF COURSE
>>86124023
You raise a valid point friend, just start swinging turn one
>>
File: 1453325300400.gif (239 KB, 224x198)
239 KB
239 KB GIF
>>86123991
Bash some faces in.
That you, Sam?
>>
File: armor-king.jpg (35 KB, 200x200)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>86124048
No, I don't know who Sam is, but if they're playing pugilist too they must be pretty cool. Is there pugilist also based on a fighting game character?
>>
File: 78531804_p0.png (1.88 MB, 1124x1500)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB PNG
>>86124008
just reflavor gnomes, they're halfway to skaven anyway.
>>
>Try to watch a DnD podcast
>They resort to being murder hobos by the end of episode 1
Many such cases
>>
File: wut.jpg (413 KB, 1860x1857)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
>>86123936
>>
>>86124093
obviously, the "content creators" try to be relatable and appealing for their target audience
>>
File: awzZ5d8_460s.jpg (46 KB, 460x375)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>86123991
Hoping you joined the Squared Circle master race.
>>
>>86123991
Suplex a nigga for me and my Unarmed Tavern-Brawler Battlemaster who's been doing that shit all campaign long
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.14 MB, 640x598)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB GIF
I'm gonna be honest guys. I only ever played DnD a few times in my college tabletop club, which I haven't gone back to because I left quite rudely one day because a random game I got put in was really boring.

I'm just here for the memes. I'm an imposter AMOGUS SUS.
>>
>>86124116
Naturally, anything to make the process of picking people up and putting them through a fucking table more efficient I have taken. Though I did take the Healer feat for the party.
>>86124128
I'll take it a step further and do a spinning pile driver off the 2nd floor balcony
>>
>>86124170
>Though I did take the Healer feat for the party.
You'd be surprised how useful it is just to grapple and prone people in one bonus action as consistently as the Squared Circle Pugilist can do. To the Mat targeting AC is nutty, some monsters can't handle a +10 to Athletics, its fun. Enjoy Yourself.
>>
>>86124167
why play D&D then when there are games that are a better fit for your playstyle?
>>
>>86124206
I have a vague idea from a one shot I did as an unarmed battlemaster where I was able to do a grappling strike followed by a tripping attack. It was quite funny telling the DM the highly unfortunate situation their Gnoll Chieftan was in due to being prone and grappled
>>
File: 1414104503385.jpg (32 KB, 512x384)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>86124008
I always have gnomes as mouse people.
>>
File: Hank.jpg (83 KB, 755x1043)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
Struggling between the convenience of making a character on DND beyond and the limitations they've set up for me to do beyond the bare minimum of character builds rn.
>>
>>86123853
Nigga mouse
>>
A crafty plane traveller just tricked one of my players into using a slightly de-stinked leucrotta as a mount. Any advice on using chaotic evil as beasts of burden while maintaining an underlying level of threat?
>>
I’m just gonna stop caring about my campaign and watch it sink.
>>
>>86124682
That is sad to hear anon. Do you feel like talking about it?
>>
>>86124482
Character building tools are only for workshopping concepts and reading up on rules, if you're actually playing it that shit better be on a page of notebook paper.
>>
>player wants to DM
>tonight was session 0
>carpool takes 40 minutes
>finding the place takes 20 minutes
>not enough chairs.mpeg
>get started
>DM reads a lore gods and houserules page he's given us two months ago
>goes over some continent maps
>we ask a few questions
>everybody's PC but mine is le big secret
>where and how the DM will start us is "oh somewhere on this continent"
>there is nothing to discuss
>okay well, good to see everyone, we'll start next week
>1 hour 25 minutes later we're leaving. 10 min to find the car

god dammit I have shit to do, I have a family I made time for this, I took off early and we didn't even fucking PLAY!~? so pissed. what a wasted evening.
>>
>>86124826
>we didn't even fucking PLAY!~?
I wouldn't wanna play with you either.
>>
Let’s say hypothetically I am a Warlock with a Dao patron. And what if me and the cleric decided to pull the the good ol turn them into a stone corpse and stone shape them into something else. Could I turn an egg roughly the size of a dragon egg and turn it into one or would I need to change the embryo inside or better yet this doesn’t work at all and I need to ask the dm.
>>
>>86124851
as a DM I don't answer what ifs. If you turn something to stone and the cleric uses stone shape that is perfectly legitimate. You'll have to try it in game to see what happens.

basically the rearranging would destroy it and it would come out of the stone being a bloody pulp about as effective as trying to put your dog back together after I hit it with my car and then ran over it three more times
>>
>Have COS game tonight
>It's finally time for the big Vallaki festival
>Party's split on backing Fiona (me, the Warlock) and Irwin (the rest of the party)
>Get in position (My Warlock in the back waiting for Fiona's signal, Druid posing as a guard to try and rescue the Monk who challenged Izek to a fight, ate shit, and got locked in the stocks, and the Reborn Twilight Cleric waiting for his moment to back Irwin
>Festival starts with me and Cleric fucking with the Burgomaster via Minor Illusion and Thamaturgy respectively
>He snaps, and violence suddenly breaks out as Fiona makes her move
>And from there all hell breaks loose, between the Cleric making his move to literally illuminate Irwin with the light of hte sun, the Druid freeing the Monka dn then Gust of Winding the Burgomaster into the burning float, my Warlock making her move to protect Fiona, and the Monk challenging Izek and immediately getting downed, losing an arm
>Session ends with Fiona Mass Helaing Wording the party as shit looks to get even more insane
>All of this interspersed with absolutely INSANE rolls, roleplay, and clutch moments like my Warlock managing to Cause Fear Izek to stop him from pulling a Coup De Gras
Goddamn, it's been so long since I had a session that was this damn EXCITING
>>
>>86124749
if a player erases their PC for your game from a sheet you gave them and uses it for a PC in a new game with a different DM because they didn't have another character sheet handy can you as the original DM sleep with their gf?
>>
>>86124873
Sorta expected that. I wasn’t thinking using this on an egg was going to work because of how complicated it would be to kill it without making it irreparable. I think just doing something like adding extra arms or adding wings to a willing pc is as far as we will get without it ending horribly. Hopefully nothing bad will happen if we use mend to put the body back together because of how edits must be done in chunks of 5 by 5 cubes.
>>
>>86124999
That's not going to work, you're just going to kill someone and both I and your DM will laugh at you for being retarded.
>>
>>86125017
You cast revivification and greater restoration afterwards to bring them back to life with new limbs. Or the added on limbs just don’t work or some shit and have to be surgically removed like an ingrown twin I don’t know if dead limbs grafted onto a dead body will be revived with the corpse or not
>>
>>86123853
>Do you allow any mechanical variations on existing stat blocks (i.e. half-elves getting trance as their subrace ability)?
Fucking everything.
Had a player who brought in a Yuan-ti Half-Blood Hexadin with an iffy backstory. I talked to him and I was able to give him the Smites, short rests, and Magic Resistance he wanted. We talked shop about build making, and we worked out a less gay backstory that didn't involve a suddenly empathetic Snake man committing himself to the Raven Queen. We ended up with a very Thor-like Viking he was a lot more comfortable playing
Had a player want to play as a Desert Scavenger Divination Wizard who couldn't control his magic. Gave him the Lizard folk scavenging feature, some low level ranger abilities, and the wild magic surge table to get closer to his vision.
>>
Right, so writing up a Halloween one shot, and I hit on a nice idea. Thinking of having my players(who are desperately attempting to escape a battlefield overrun with monsters) run into a pair of horrible beasts. A single one is a rough but absolutely possible fight, but both together would likely be too much. However, the monsters are unaware of them, and their goal is to try and sneak by rather than just start a fight(I'm pre-writing the characters, so I know this is a viable plan).

So, them sneaking is something I can spruce up with some checks and some narration based on what they attempt, and them fighting both is also easy enough. However, I'm not quite sure what to do about them possibly trying to kill one monster without attracting the other. Should I just deem it impossible? The map would be a section of tents that have been torn apart, with the two monsters wandering semi randomly, looking for prey/scraps/etc. Any sort of fighting is likely to attract the other from noise alone, far as I can figure, and I don't want to sell them too short just for the sake of my players having it easy.
>>
>>86125502
I would hype up the second monster as much as possible… and reveal it at the last ten minutes of the session. The players keep hearing about how horrifying these two monsters are in tandum, that nothing could possibly stop them, and they must do absolutely everything in their power to prevent it.
Which of course fails. Good thing there’s a big old lever to blow up the both of them.
>>
>>86125529
Oh, it's a pair of the same monsters.

But this is intended to be the third encounter. First one is "Hey, shit has hit the fan, you should run", and then the second encounter is them desperately attempting to protect some NPCs from a teleporting monster who's put them into a deep sleep that damage can't even wake them up from.

At this point, they're just trying to get the fuck out through the only route that won't reveal them and they run into the pair.

Ideally, they do successfully sneak by, which leads to the penultimate encounter that I'll play up more, but them failing is absolutely a thing that can happen and it's a one shot, so if they end up nearly dead on this fight and just TPK on the final one I'm 100% cool with that.
>>
>>86123853
>How much leeway do you allow in terms of reflavoring existing races?
Exactly zero, fucking furfag.
>>
help me i'm going insane and i've had this idea for a rogue subclass stuck in my head for a while. i have to share it with someone.

ROGUE SUBCLASS - NINJA

level 3

Ninja Training or something

Starting at level 3, you gain a climbing speed equal to your walking speed, and your speed increases by 5 feet. You can also use your reaction to reduce damage you take from falling by (y) times Rogue Level.

Ninjutsu
You can use your action to invoke mudra, powering ninjutsu abilities. You start with Ten, and gain additional mudra as you level.

Fuma Shuriken
Any (1) Mudra
Coalesce the air into your hands to deal a ranged attack for xdy (applies sneak attack).

Level 9

Chi
At level 9 you master Chi, giving you access to additional ninjutsu abilities.
Ten>Chi=Raiton
A ranged of (x/y ft) attack that deals xdy+your sneak attack damage to an enemy you can see. If the attack hits the enemy makes a CON saving throw to avoid being blinded.

Chi>Tin=Katon
Enemies in an x radius sphere make a dexterity saving throw, taking xdy+half your sneak attack damage on a failure or half as much on a success.

Level 13

Mudra - Jin
At level 13 you master the final mudra, Jin, allowing you access to four different ninjutsu abilities.

Ten>Jin = Hyoton

A ranged attack that deals xdy cold damage, enemy makes a dex saving throw or has their speed reduced to 0 until the end of their next turn.

Ten>Chi>Jin = Suiton

A ranged attack that deals xdy bludgeoning damage, and gives you the invisible status for 1 minute (concentration).

Ten>Jin>Chi = Doton
An x radius circle of ground around you becomes difficult terrain, and enemies who start their turn in it or enter it during their turn take xdy damage. (concentration)

Jin>Chi>Ten = Huton
For the next 60 seconds, you gain the benefits of the haste spell, as long as you can concentrate.

This is the bulk of the idea for the subclass. Is it too much?
>>
>>86125720
garbage
>>
>>86125732
thanks.
>>
>>86125720
ching chong chong
>>
So pretty often I see complaints that dex is an overpowered stat and that martials in general are underpowered. I had the idea that a pretty simple houserule to balance both of these things out partway would be to add a character's strength modifier as well as their con modifier to hit point max increases on level up. (Not to health regained with hit die).

Can anyone see any glaring problems with this? It seems simple enough to me, but I'm relatively new to the game.
>>
>>86126100
I don't think the Chinese have much to do with ninjas anon
>>
>>86126119
the subclass is based off the ninja from ffxiv. it makes those sound effects when you use the mudras. that's why it's set up the way it is.
>>
>>86126102
nigga seriously
just play a different system already
>>
whats a good benchmark for racial abilities? are there any that are notable for being completely broken and/or terrible?
>>
>>86126102
Ignore this guy anon
>>86126128
For some reason some people have browser extensions set up to ping them whenever the words "house rule" are used in 5eg so they can drop in to tell them to play a different game. I guess whatever game they like doesn't have enough players.

Anyway your idea seems pretty innocuous to me but it definitely reduces the importance of constitution a little, I don't think that hurts the game any though, no one's going to make con a dump stat
>>
>>86126150
Abilities-wise I think most people recognize that spellcasting can be cool if the spells are decent and can be cast with slots. I like Relentless Endurance and Stone's Endurance, dunno about others.
>>
>>86126128
>in my homebrew campaign world orcs are actually shorter than humans usually!
>lol may as well just go play a different game
Every thread
>>
>>86125720
You know there is a PDF with all the FFXIV classes right?
>>
>>86126102
The major thing this does is make barbs even more turbotanks. Martials already have a ton of HP, it just doesn't feel as much because they're usually front line in danger.

Consider what this means for a single PC. At 1st level, a 16 STR 15 CON fighter would have 15 HP instead of 12. Doesn't seem like much, until you start scaling each. At level 2, that's 23; then 34. Then at 45 HP level 4 they bump their STR to 18 for an additional 4.
It's not enormously substantial but it does add up and expects you to increase damage output to keep pace, which in turn makes casters even more fragile. Maybe that's okay for you though.
Not to mention, buffing HP doesn't really increase output power necessarily. You're adding where they're already mostly okay.
>>
>>86126213
I do. I have seen it. And I don't like the way they've done ninja. That's probably what started this idea in the first place.

The mudras are my favorite part of the job, so I wanted to have them be the main feature of the subclass, with some minor abilities thrown in so you can still feel like a ninja even with out the mudras (as opposed to something like 4e monk which stops being a elements monk when their ki runs out). That level 3 passive is based off a passive rogues get in the game.

I'm not sure on what damage would be balanced though, or the execution of the 3 combination attacks.
>>
>>86126225
That's fair, I guess it depends on the party and the DM. I'm a fan of the "never gives up, never stays down" style of fighter so I think I'd enjoy it. We already have critical hit house rules to try and balance out the lack of damage, so another chance that increases the time the fighters and barbs can stay up swinging seems like a reasonable idea
>>
>>86123853
>>86123923
>>86123961
>>86124008

Not gonna lie, I made a homebrew game like 30 years ago that was mice piloting mechs under the feet of modern human civilisation, and this is reeeeaaaaallly giving me the urge to go resurrect it :(
>>
>>86126347
Most combats should only last around 3 rounds, and Fighters/Barbs should have more than enough HP to survive those rounds unless they get focused entirely.
>>
whats a good racial variation for centaurs? so far i have the classic proud warrior type, and the lakeside variation which i havent decided much on but like the idea of. the campaign primarily takes place inside dense forests and huge expanses of untamed wilderness.
as i type this i realize the potential for mountain centaurs, but maybe theres something else i can do thats a bit cooler
>>
>>86126423
>combat should only last three rounds
Nice try wizard
>>
>>86126475
Are your centaurs all equines, or just quadrupeds?
The mountain centaurs could be based on those goats that can scale nearly vertical inclines.
>>
>>86126485
im calling it enough with the horse and deer variations, though thats not a bad itdea. for the mountain centaurs i was thinking something very warcraft-esque with the huge focus on tribalism and fighting honor and etc while the mainland centaurs are based more heavily around craftsmanship and homesteading
>>
The best way to help new/bad DMs get better is to be the best player you can at their games. Once you gain their trust its much easier to give constructive criticism for a better game for everyone involved.
>>
File: 1658269485172732.gif (20 KB, 200x200)
20 KB
20 KB GIF
What's the absolute worst caster build I can make starting at level 3?
>>
>>86126757
sorcerer X
>>
>>86126757
Dump your spellcasting stats
Take concentration required spells
Multiclass wizard/sorcerer/druid

You are now a level 3 caster with garbage spells, relatively low HP, no good armor or weapon proficiencies.
>>
>>86126757
1 Ranger, 1 Artificer, 1 Paladin
>>
Which fighting style is better to protecc the party? The disadvantage imposing one, or damage absorbing one?

Damage absorb feels more impactful and works evety time, but disadvantage will scale better into high levels, even tho its random.
>>
>>86123853
I give a fair amount of leeway, like i'd let Half-Elves get trance as their subrace ability, that's usually pretty weak compared to bonus spells or skills. In terms of just refluffing i'm really lenient too.

So /tg/ I finally get to take a break from forever DMing and play a character for the first time in like a year. I'm already set on wizard and we're starting at level 2. What school should I go with? Only one that I don't want to do is Chronurgy because I already played one.
>>
>>86127031
depends how often you can cause them to go off
>>
>>86127060
Evocation, obviously.
Nothing beats huge explosions michael bay style
>>
I want to ask to play an evil wizard in the next campaign I play. Except instead of murderous evil that would just cause problems for a typical heroic party, I want him to be an Enchantment wizard who dislikes violence, but instead influences and enthralls people, and cruelly brainwashes those who cross him, expounding ideals of "greater good" and "peace in our time".

For that I want to homebrew a flavour-only (i.e. non-combat) spell that would brainwash people, destroying their individuality, and storing their minds in gemstones (so party can restore them if they ever turn on me and beat me). They wouldn't be my slaves, just mindless husks going about their daily lives, not reacting to anything. At most they would be like retainers from noble background. In short, they wouldn't fight, and so wouldn't affect party balance.

Here's my question: how would you stat the spell? What spell level would it be and what limitations would you put on it, to keep it reasonable.
>>
>>86127142
>greater good
>peace in our times
I fail to see how that is evil. Also I find it absolutely abhorrent of you to think that a non-combat enslavement spell is a flavor spell. You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the system and the hobby as a whole.
>>
>>86127225
>i fail to see how thatvis evil
When achieved by violating free will it is evil.

That's why I ask for help homebrewing it, so it isn't gamebreaking. I already think it would be progressively more difficult to cast on people with more authority. E.g. you can brainwash something like peasants easily, but even something as lowly as a gate guard would require a higher spell slit and get a will save, due to being able to tell people what to do.
>>
>>86127142
So you want the effects of Geas, Magic Jar, suggestion and the ability to create an army of flesh golem and you think that is a flavour-only spell?
>>
>>86127286
That shit is a 6th or 7th level spell. Of course it game breaking. At no point would something like that not be.
>>
File: 1624723726456.gif (2.04 MB, 328x565)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB GIF
>>86124008
Specially since WotC gave us a pretty decent non-evil ratfolk race in the nezumi of Kamigawa for MtG, and also converted the nezumi from Legend of the Five Rings when they did their 3e conversion/update of the Oriental Adventures splatbook.
>>
>>86123923

I like listening to her stories from Hell in a Cell (work), especially the one time she found a connecting rod in someone's oil pan.
>>
>>86127294
>>86127306
But if it only affects nameless non-combat npcs, it should be fine.
>>
>>86127341
Your goofy ass going to get laughed off the table by your DM. It's a depressingly cringe power fantasy request.
>>
>>86127341
Untill you try to use on an NPC that doesn't fit your arbitrary definition. Because it's a stupid enough idea to begin with that let's me know you're stupid enough to try it on the final boss or BBEG. Also what's stopping you from doing it to every NPC in the world? After all, it's just flavor. Ignore the 7 billion strong army I have DM :^) It is game breaking at the very core (appropriate for high level magic) and just because it doesn't deal damage does not mean it is a flavor spell. Prestidigitation is flavor spell. You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the system and of the hobby as a whole.
>>
>>86127453
What part of "just nameless npcs" and "non-combat" you don't understand?
>>
>>86123853
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide is shit, I think we're all in agreement there.
So I'm looking for a book--from any edition--that actually goes into detail about the cities of Faerun. Populations, shops, local guilds, what kind of wildlife you'll find outside the city walls, local customs and cuisine, who their trade partners are and what are their chief exports, who the king is and who their family members are--frankly anything that's more than the two sentences WotC offers per city.

The wiki's great for history, but I want to know how Faerun actually *works* and I'm coming up short.

Any suggestions?
>>
Been playing digital for a while, but there's a chance I'll get to DM an irl campaign in the next couple months. I plan on running TotM for all RP and simpler fights, but for complex dungeons or big battles I'd like a way to display them properly to avoid confusion.
What's a cheap recommended way to do this? I was thinking of getting an erasable mat and some colored glass beads for PCs and enemies, but I'm open to suggestions.
>>
>>86127546
Seriously, a LOT of the 2e Forgotten Realms shit literally revolves around doing stuff like that. I believe the "Volo's Guide to X" books in particular tend to focus on "tourist travellogue" type info, but most location-based splats from 2e will have plenty of info. Even the 3e Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting splat is a pretty beefy info source when it comes to that kind of lore; there's a reason it's considered one of the best setting books that WotC ever did for D&D.
>>
>>86127546
When you need details on any D&D setting, the answer is almost always 2e. Except for Eberron, in which case the answer is 3e.
>>
>>86127060
Tortle bladesinger
>>
>>86126757
Wiz1/cleric2 in that order
>>
>>86123991
Always found this combo underwhelming since improvised weapons are supposed to function as the closest approximate weapon anyway. Like, these feats are just a tax to appease fuckwit gms that don't know the game.
>>
>season 0
>player keeps saying "I'm not arguing but..." to the DM
>>
>>86127922
Only some, like a bed post which isn't fun anyway. Iron pots, mugs, ladders, rope, one shoe, random weapons- it's only as dull as your imagination.
>>
>>86124826
Yeah, session 0s are r*ddit meme cancer for anxious/non-committal DMs and could be sorted out over text instead.

The only worthwhile one I was in had a bit of actual gameplay in the latter half and was more of a session 0.5.
>>
Does regenerate restore the hymen and vagina to a non roasty state?
>>
>>86128018
Session 0 is fine if you aren't mega retarded, although yeah you can do it on a voice call. I like having everyone making their characters at the same time so they can make something that will fit the setting and story, a balanced party, and already work on some RP shit for why they know each other if necessary. I usually follow it up with a brief playable intro and an encounter or two that sets up where things might go for the first all-in session.
I don't like doing all that on a first real session because it just eats up too much time, and also don't trust my players making characters on their own, because then you end with like 3 rangers and 2 warlocks.
>>
>>86127625
Thanks! I'm gonna hunt down the 3e book.
>>
>>86123853
>How much leeway do you allow/are you allowed in terms of reflavoring existing races?
There are ten races in the setting, which are laid out and statted in the campaign document. You use them as they’re written.
>>
>>86128018
I just send the players a one-page pdf containing
>the most basic info on the setting (e.g. "Eberron is noir + pulp, there was a world war that ended 2 years ago")
>list of allowed races/classes/etc.
>list of variant/homebrew rules
Usually followed by a message along the lines of "You don't *have* to read any of this, but don't act all surprised if it comes up during the game".
>>
>>86127922
>are supposed to function as the closest approximate weapon anyway
They CAN. That's only IF they are reasonably close to an actual weapon. It's not an automatic thing
>>
>>86123853
>How much leeway do you allow/are you allowed in terms of reflavoring existing races? Do you allow any mechanical variations on existing statblocks (i.e. half-elves getting trance as their subrace ability)?

Depends how well I know the player. If I know they are going to try and metagame a god character, I usually shut it down, if they have a compelling backstory and idea, I'll work with them to make something balanced.
>>
>>86128349
Unless it's something ridiculous like trying to use a spoon, I think any random object qualifies at least as a club.
>>
>>86123853
>TQ
I'm pretty lenient with it as a DM and I really like doing it as a player. One of my favourite characters was a Half Orc Battlemaster flavoured as a human who was just one tough son of a bitch. I removed the darkvision though, didn't make sense for him to have that. Only regret with that character was taking the UA Spear Master feat without realising it is an utter trap without maxed strength..

Also played an Aasimar Star Druid as a human empowered by his connection to the stars. In a particularly extreme example I reflavoured a lizardfolk as a human ranger cultist of a water god. Swim speed and hold breath were general aquatic things, the bite was a shark bite, and cunning artisan was just ranger knowledge. I do play races as they are, but I also like my humans
>>
>https://youtu.be/u1rb9kFFbkA
What do you guys think about this whole "Martials Suck" deal?

I don't find Martials to be all that bad all the time, but maybe I'm just not paying attention to something. I also find due to this being a team game not a lot of people really care about this stuff if they're at least contributing to the group in some noticeable way.
>>
>>86128586
D&D youtubers have no new content to work with, so they keep rehashing this shit.
>>
File: unknown (73).png (669 KB, 562x690)
669 KB
669 KB PNG
>>86128586
Based and redpilled vid. The sources listed are very good.
>I don't find Martials to be all that bad all the time, but maybe I'm just not paying attention to something.
If you play with bad players who paly casters badly, of course the caster doesn't seem strong when compared to martials.
>I also find due to this being a team game not a lot of people really care about this stuff if they're at least contributing to the group in some noticeable way.
D&D being a team game doesn't excuse some party members being weaker for no benefit. There are practically no scenarios when a barbarian would contribute to a party more than any caster would.
>>
File: dracthyr99.png (382 KB, 672x372)
382 KB
382 KB PNG
In my homebrew setting dragonborn are much closer to dragons ancestrally and are able to assume a human form. I want to modify their stat block with a form of change shape. Would that be too much to tack onto a playable race? I do have limitations in mind for how it works as in the appearance assumed has to be the same every time and it has to be female regardless of your dragonborn's actual gender. (story reasons)
>>
>>86128890
Just take inspiration from the aasimar feature. no need to go overboard.
>>
>>86128906
>inspiration from the aasimar feature
What they're describing is far closer to a changeling or plasmoid changing their form than Aasimar's combat transformation
>>
>>86124625
The leucrotta is initially resentful but subservient to the PC. It will attempt minor acts of insubordination (snapping at passer's by, trying to shake off saddle packs etc) but if the PC takes a firm hand, it will buckle to their will. If it sees the PC is hard and cruel, it will be more accepting of their master and may even seek to earn their favour.

If the PC treats it kindly, it will initially be suspicious but then respond in kind, nuzzling its rider and curling next to them when they sleep before biding its time and biting their hand off when they least expect it.
>>
>>86128586
Most people focus on combat, since 95% of tables don't properly run full adventuring days. The fewer combats you do, the more casters can just dump high slots each turn. If you properly run a full day of encounters, casters can't keep up with martials' DPR. At higher levels, it's borderline necessary. Most DMs don't enforce things like proper physical skill checks, weight encumbrance, survival aspects, etc.
The real gap is that casters can interact with the world of D&D, outside of combat, in ways martials can't - such as teleporting or using cantrips for whatever they want. It's on the DM to enable these sorts of moments, WotC doesn't really provide any good support here.
>>
>>86128985
So many words but 0 substance or knowledge.
>>
>>86123894
>Soulknifes denying me my glorious fight with the enemy
kill all rogues
>>
>>86126391
Were they tiny little mechs that look like kids robot toys or 'giant' robots disguised as humans? Or was this a Rescue Rangers junktech thing?
>>
>>86129000
If you really want me to dumb it down so you can understand then, play by 5e's rules, and there isn't as much of a gap in combat. If you don't want to run a full day, play something that isn't 5e.
>>
>>86128890
just play a dragonborn with the alter self spell.
>>
File: aqu357.jpg (53 KB, 590x550)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>86129066
Martials run out of hit dice before casters run out of slots. Your reddit is showing
>>
>>86129000
waste of trips on a nogames retard
>>
>>86123894
But they won't get their sneak attack without another martial also going in on the target!
>>
>>86129077
I mean if you're a limp wristed DM who is too afraid to hit the guys in the back, sure. My main point is that the gap exists from poor DMing, and WotC doesn't do a good job of assisting there.
>>
>>86129115
>guys in the back
No such thing exist in 5e. Frontline is a reddit myth.
>>
>>86129077
That is not even remotely true. I cannot remember the last time I saw a martial actually use all of their hit dice in a single day.
Are none of your casters healing at all between battles or buffing their martials?
Or do you play exclusively with Monks and Barbarians?
>>
>>86129077
>martials do a good job soaking the damage for you
>still disparage them
casterfags are so used to being coddled they dont even realize it anymore, thats fucking sad.
>>
>>86129066
People play Dungeons&Dragons and pretend like the rules are well suited for anything that isn't a dungeon crawl. And Wizards themselves seems to be drinking the coolaide too now with all the narrativist push they've been leaning into the last dozen books.
>>
>>86129137
>https://tabletopbuilds.com/the-squishy-caster-fallacy/
There are some sources showing otherwise.
>>
File: treantmonk.png (87 KB, 637x249)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
>>86129137
>squishiest party members soaking damage so that the guys who contribute don't take it
Why not play a tanky guy that actually contributes instead of a martial?
>>86129135
>I cannot remember the last time I saw a martial actually use all of their hit dice in a single day.
Discussing class powerlevels and game mechanics with people like you is useless. 5e is a dungeon crawl game. If you don't need hit dice to get through the adventure, your DM is going easy on you.
>>86129150
Don't show these guys 6th grade math. It'll upset them because they can't understand it.
>>
>>86129150
>Uhh casters actually have more hp
That wasnt my point you illiterate nigger.
>>
>>86129300
What is it then? That casters should be grateful that a party member is useless?
>>
>>86129308
even commoners have their uses as meatshields. If the martials are taking the hits and allowing you to use your precious spell slots to affect the enemy rather than protect yourself, that is something the martial provided you, not the other way around. Tankiness has nothing to do with it. Its great that your pussy GM just had tank and spank encounters where you can sit around and cast spells at leisure because youre guaranteed a long rest afterwards, but know that you play the game in a manner that inherently favors casters. Acting like a smug prick about playing on easy mode is a bad look on you.
>>
>>86127142
It’s not a spell, it’s a feature that gives you a sidekick or similar NPC to follow you around and do your bidding. That’s how you make it work without it being broken.
>>
As a DM, what's the level of homebrewing you'd need to do that would make you would consider ditching DnD for a more generic/modular system, like GURPS or something? I was considering running a non-magic campaign with an alternative power system, but playing martial-only DnD seems like it'd be difficult.
>>
>>86129404
magic is HARD coded into the game
non-magic dnd is just a sharpshooter/gwm simulator because those are the only remaining martials that do anything
and assuming you want to trade the paladins/rangers/artificers spellcasting feature for something equally powerful they instantly outweigh any fighter features because spellcasting is just too good
There is no equivalent exchange
>>
How many red flags before you dip? DM is setting up a serious campaign and my fellow players are making clown characters. What do?
>>
>>86129387
>even commoners have their uses as meatshields. If the martials are taking the hits and allowing you to use your precious spell slots to affect the enemy rather than protect yourself, that is something the martial provided you, not the other way around.
Were talking about party members. Not summons or commoners.
>Its great that your pussy GM just had tank and spank encounters where you can sit around and cast spells at leisure because youre guaranteed a long rest afterwards, but know that you play the game in a manner that inherently favors casters
Yeah 8 encounter days favors casters heavily. It's a sad reality for martialcucks.

Why the fuck would a party bring along a martial to tank when an extra druid/cleric/wizard/sorcerer/bard would be a better tank AND also contribute in a meaningful way?
There is not a single party role that a martial does better than a caster/gish.
>>
>>86129465
>Yeah 8 encounter days favors casters heavily.
How?
>>
>>86129300
My point is that a Caster who chooses to put even a single multiclass into Artificer/Cleric for some higher AC has more HP and is soaking up more damage than the Martials are by dodging attacks or reducing the overall damage. They do the job better.
>>
>>86129150
>This is obviously a simplified example, and there are significantly more variables in actual play than what was presented (after four attacks against each, Rotciv will, on average, have more hit points left over than Redyns, it’s possible that certain breakpoints in the variables of the encounter would result in Redyns being downed in less attacks than the Fighter, it’s possible shield could increase the number of turns lived in the Wizard’s favor, etc).
the writers admit themselves that this is all white room conjecture and that their point is that casters dont actually die faster than martials, which wasnt the point.
>>
So what I'm gathering now is that no one should ever play a martial ever again?
>>
>>86129476
Because they have spells and they can afford to get 19AC without losing out on offensive capabilities, unlike martials.
>>86129512
No one is saying that. It's your table, you guys do you and have fun. Not everything has to be 100% optimal.
>>
>>86129512
I've always just flavored my wizard's spells as monk techniques and roleplayed him as a monk so nothing changes for me
>>
>>86129444
Make a clown but play it seriously.
>>
>>86123853
Something about the look of this mouse reminds me Ayanah from PAWN.
Is that comic still going?
>>
>>86129444
Make a serious character and try and at least make a few sessions to get a read on everyone there. If the DM is good, there's a chance that by actually playing along, you could convince him to ditch the clowns and grab good players. If the players are good and the DM sucks, get yourself killed and make a clown character or just ditch

If both suck, fucking book it
>>
>>86129465
>There is not a single party role that a martial does better than a caster/gish.
because you dont play the game as intended and you will never play the game as intended. The retarded thing you are doing is subjecting the games class balance to a style of play that heavily favors your side.
>>
I only know DnD from video games. Why does it look like a MOBA now?
>>
>>86127546
Just use the Forgotten Realms wiki, it has all the same information as decades of lorebooks but collated in an easily searchable format.

I've been doing that in my FR campaign and it works gangbusters.
>>
>>86123894
I cast planeshift on the soul knife and give them a 3 with portent. Go back to 2e you psychic fuck, magic for me not for thee, rogues.
>>
I'm curious: when looking to join a game, especially an online one, what are your red and green flags respectively?
>>
>>86129675
How are you supposed to play the game if not as a combat heavy dungeon crawl?
>>
>>86129682
>>>/v/

Fuck off
>>
>>86129692
>PvP
I, the DM, banish thee back to the blighted realm of Azeroth from which thou came.
>>
File: caster supremacy.gif (317 KB, 421x498)
317 KB
317 KB GIF
>>86129675
>1 encounter day
>blow all of your spells on 1 piss easy encounter

>8 encounter dungeon crawl
>drop a single concentration spell to win a fight
Yup, it's quite simple. There are no 5e games in which casters lose.
>>
>>86129695
when someone at the table starts getting angry that someone picks a martial, you are morally obligated to leave.
>>
I'm not a realismfag by any means, but using a rapier in a medieval setting when it's a Renaissance-era weapon is too much for me. I always reflavor it to an arming sword or something else. Anyone else feel the same?
>>
>>86129984
No.
>>
>>86129984
>in a medieval setting
Either you know next to nothing about the period in question or you’ve paid zero attention to basic setting assumptions that D&D makes.
>>
>>86129984
why is this your concern in the game of "studded leather" and shooting a crossbow 6 times in 6 seconds
>>
>>86129993
I don't even feel the same about other things that are technically Renaissance like knights in full plate jousting. It's literally just rapiers that activate my almonds for some reason
>>
>>86129984
>I'm not a realismfag by any means
You absolutely are, anon.
>>
>>86129535
Unless they have SR spells I fail to see how 8 encounters per day favours casters. And 19AC via shield is no better than a fighter in plate with an AC bonus from fighting style. Without even having plate 18AC is not even a stretch and that's all the time, not spell based.
>>
>>86129921
Why would someone get angry about someone picking a martial? Casters have been nerfed into the ground this edition.
>>
>>86130085
can you describe how your games go with caster martial disparity (level, encounters per day)?
>>
>>86129695
Homebrew is allowed
Flying is banned
Anything except custom lineage is banned
More than three house rules
The DM tries to make 5e a different system
Anyone has pronouns
Any evidence of a troon ever being allowed
>>
>>86130066
24AC if you use the shield spell. Of course the casters aren't going to feel strong if they use their slots on trash like Chromatic Orb, Scorching Ray, Shadowblade and whatever 90IQ casters like to cast.
>>
>>86130128
Where do you find your games? I desperately want one like that but have yet to find one without any troonery
And no don't tell me to play with /tg/ they're flaky and annoying
>>
>>86130066
>I fail to see how 8 encounters per day favours casters.
>https://youtu.be/u1rb9kFFbkA?t=463
>>
>>86130097
Depends. If the people playing casters are stupid, then they blow their entire load in the first fight of the day upcasting shit like Guiding Bolt, then spend the rest of the day bitching that they need a long rest. Otherwise, things proceed about how you'd expect - casters maintain buffs or control while martials kill shit and achieve objectives.
>>
>>86130149
if you can't argue without linking to some random youtuber your argument is bad
>>86130141
this is his wishlist not a game that has ever existed
>>
>>86123853
Is it a furry thread?
>>
>>86130169
>have to presents facts in a different format every time for them to be taken seriously
God you retards are annoying to interact with.
>>
>>86130149
>I cant summarize this videos points in a coherent way but let me make you watch it anyways
bye felicia.
>>
>>86130175
No, it's a curry thread. We've told you a million times to pay attention, anon, but you keep mishearing things
>>
>>86130182
The 14 minute video already is a summary of these articles I'm going to link. Which are already 22 000 words long. I don't know how much more concise you can make it.
https://tabletopbuilds.com/the-squishy-caster-fallacy/
https://formofdread.wordpress.com/2022/02/27/quantifying-martial-dpr-reference-sheet/
https://formofdread.wordpress.com/2021/09/07/death-of-melee-why-melee-is-bad-in-5th-edition/
https://tabletopbuilds.com/core-tenets/
https://formofdread.wordpress.com/2021/11/07/whats-in-a-day-the-mathematical-foundations-of-adventuring-in-5e/

TL:DR
>martials deal worse damage than casters
>martials have worse survivability than casters
>>
>>86130182
>I'm such an ADD zoomer I can't watch a 14 minute video even though I'm just gonna spend my entire day sitting on 4chan anyways
>>
>>86123961
WHat the fuck, since when do I need a twitter account to scroll through it? I ain't making one
>>
>>86129984
>I'm not a realismfag by any means, but I engage in realismfag behavior in my games
>>
>>86130296
Use nitter my dude
>>
>>86130175
Yes. Post sexy anthros.
>>
File: unknown-36.png (898 KB, 720x653)
898 KB
898 KB PNG
>>86130175
Look, no, we just want catgirls, shortstacks, and a few Monster girls (like dragons) to bed. We don't want to become them.
Wrong board dude.
>>
>>86130351
>a spy named Archer
>>
What are your hopes, fears and expectations for the 5e Planescape book? Will it deliver or will it be another Spelljammer travesty?
>>
File: FPb-tz4X0AMXZ52.jpg (602 KB, 1002x1260)
602 KB
602 KB JPG
>>86130322
>>
>>86130385
Deep modron lore
>>
>>86130231
I would say they have less survival ability because usually the martials are their wall allowing the casters to spend their resources doing their thing.

Martials need casters as much as casters need martials.
>>
>>86130385
It'll be so barebones just like
>>
File: a2075762300_5.jpg (143 KB, 700x700)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>86130395
I swear that I wont fall for this bait again.
>>
>>86130385
>hopes
None.
>fears
None.
>expectations
Unfinished garbage that people will still buy and defend (see: Ravenloft, Spelljammer)
>>
>>86130395
So your Battle Master Fighter (Riposte, Menacing Attack, Disarming Attack) with say 30 HP, 18 AC, and Second Wind vs an Abjuration Wizard with 30+ HP, 20+ AC, Wall of Force/Stone/Polymorph/Binding Ice/Web/Mind Whip/Fear/Hypnotic Pattern... are doing better at this walling thing? If your idea is "The melee martials, are walling out enemies better than the casters." why aren't they? If a Wizard can have more HP, AC, and the ability to stop enemies from attacking anyone -by literally walling them out- or dropping multiple of their movement speeds to 0 and forcing them to use an action to even continue moving how are they keeping up with that? There's even some casters like Druids, Rangers, and Bards, who can cast spells like Conjure Animals and summons a literal wall of Large creatures to block off movement and grapple stuff, or just deal more damage than the fighter.
>Martials need casters as much as casters need martials.
I believe this is true if both are in the party. Its not like a Martial is doing nothing, no one is saying they aren't doing anything, we're simply saying a caster can do it better. The way I look at it: Martials need Casters more than Casters need Martials. You could have a full party of optimal Wizards, Clerics, Bards, Sorcerers, Druids, etc, and be really REALLY effective due to how versatile these casters can be. But a full party of optimal non casting Rogues, Monks, Barbarians, Fighters, will struggle in response to some stuff in the game.

With all of that in mind: This doesn't matter much in practice. None of it does. What matters is if you are having fun. If you have fun playing a martial at your table and you feel as if you are contributing to the game, the battles, the Roleplay, the story, the characters, and having a blast with your friends (and you're not making unfun for the others). PLEASE keep doing it. It doesn't matter how optimal or suboptimal you are mechanically in this game, having fun is the optimal thing.
>>
>>86130613
>replying to bait
>>
>>86130141
>And no don't tell me to play with /tg/ they're flaky
How do you think you find games anon? Flakes are part and parcel of playing online, if you want find a decent group either trudge past them or stop looking.
>>
>>86130231
Its not about being concise its about communicating the argument. If you are literally unable to articulate the main points of an argument and you just post links to other people, it tells me that the source material did a shit job explaining everything and that i would be wasting my fucking time watching a 14 minute video.
>>
>>86130290
Yes. Not gonna spend my time looking for support for your own argument if you don't even understand it enough to summarise it or put it concisely.
>>
>>86130673
TL:DR
>martials deal worse damage than casters
>martials have worse survivability than casters
That's it. You asked for elaboration and it was given.
>>
>>86130673
>>86130688
How many points do I need to give to you? Do we need to talk about the opportunity cost of 1 lvl dips? Action economy? Bounded accuracy? How spells are better than any martial feature? How melee is bad and is in no way superior to ranged options? How saves don't scale at the same pace ac DC so spells become more dangerous the further you get into the levels?
A subject like the martial caster disparity isn't something you can cover in 5 sentences.
>>
File: 166305630473319372.jpg (100 KB, 850x949)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>86130140
Yeah, but you need to cast Shield every round to have that AC. Do that for 1 combat and you're pretty much out of 1st level slots. How the fuck are you going to last for 6-8 combats lol?

And most full casters only get good resourceless AC by...multiclassing into a martial class.

As for the video, the guy uses cherrypicked examples of a specific caster builds doing one thing very well and extrapolates it to mean that all casters are that good, which isn't true. Wizards can get super high AC (by multiclassing to get armor+shield and taking the Shield spell), and Druids can do a bunch of damage with Conjure Animals...but they don't do both of those things at the same time.

He also ignores the weaknesses thet casters have. When jacking off Conjure Animals as putting out more damage than a fighter for an entire combat, he doesn't take into account that the animals can be killed, countered, or dropped before they even get to do damage (since they roll their own initiative and don't just go immediately). They likely won't be able to fly either. There are many, many instances in which Conjure Animals will do 0 damage. Even if they stick, their damage output will decrease as the animals die. And on top of that, they use an incredibly limited resource that can't really be spammed until super high levels. The CBE+SS fighter will be way more consistent in its damage output than Conjure Animals, both in a single combat and across multiple encounters.

In short, it's just a huge retarded bait video. It really is actually a shame because his first couple of videos were actually very insightful.
>>
Im gay
>>
>>86130766
>brainlet avatarfag is back
Why don't you disprove any of that stuff? All the guys behind the math etc are on the discord server linked on the vid.
>>
>>86130231
Reading all these tabletopbuilds articles tells me several things:
>They are very basic examples made to represent mathmatics in a white room
>These examples are not applicable given that games will not be represented as they say in their core tenants
>They themselves admit that in a game like 5e there are so many variables that the examples lose meaning outside of the white room
seems like its more a demonstration of mathematics to debunk some myths like casters being squishy as opposed to any kind of case for caster supremacy.
>>
>>86130766
Not reading all that shit, post more bikini babes.
>>
>>86130811
because they set up a cherrypicked example where the math decisively works out in favor of the caster. Thats like me saying "well, this wizard at level 1 dies instantly most of the time to a critical hit and the fighter will usually survive even if they go unconscious, prove that the wizard is better!!!" Its a pointless effort to disprove because you can't disprove this situation the creator invented.
>>
My DM is running saltmarsh as his first premade module and I heard complaints about saltmarsh lacking a good central story, would it be a good idea to suggest to him to run it along with a smaller module like stormwreck isle since it takes place in a similar location? Or am I being too pushy?
>>
>>86131058
If he is an experienced GM you wont notice the lack of story, they will likely already account for it but you could always voice that concern instead of throwing another module at him. If this is his first time GMing period, you are putting way too much pressure on them.
>>
>>86131051
The situations are based on the DMG charts. 8 encounters a day and the expected monster stats according to CR.
>>
>>86131089
No he has done homebrew before, this is his first premade module
>>
>>86131058
mention the complaint, it's well known but maybe not to them. just give them a heads up to maybe think about tying it together. if they're as "his first premade" implies an experienced homebrew DM it shouldn't be a problem if considered early enough.
>>
>>86130756
The most convincing points of the video. Im not begging for a video report based retard, im asking to do something besides slap a youtube link down and expect me to indulge you.
>>
>>86131122
Casters have higher AC. They have spells. d6 is 2 less HP per level compared to D10.
I am not responsible for you now knowing how 5e works.
>>
File: 166331982196044671.jpg (209 KB, 1500x2122)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>86130811
Several reasons. I have more important things to do than teach people statistical math and programming. I would essentially have to build models across multiple scenarios and do the work for them, only for them to benefit and turn my work into videos/blogposts. You have got to be retarded if you think I'm going to do days of work only for them to profit off of it.

It's much more fun to watch people confidently throw (or regurgitate in your case) up dumb shit and poke a few holes in it.

Also, if anything I'm saying is wrong, please let me know.
>>
So I messaged him and he says he wants to see how saltmarsh plays out
>>
File: yeon-2-j.jpg (114 KB, 800x1000)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>86130939
Flat casters most of the time are squishy unless you build them properly, multiclass, or use Magic items.
Martials are the same in that to be monsterous tanky they need to build themselves properly, multi-class or use magic items.

I would give a point to casters that for the usual means of defense, AC, if they can get decent from armor the shield spell REALLY becomes the mvp in 5e since it lasts until the start of their next turn.

Both types have strengths and weaknesses.[Spoiler] and as such, Gish master race.[/spoiler]

>>86130978
1) yes post more
2) casters need to get martial features in order to get their defenses, spells aren't guaranteed and are limited in use where martials are more consistent in damage output.
3) shield spell is strong and it + martial armor a actual shield becomes hard to beat. But the shield spell use is limited.
What counterpoints say Fights don't last all that long and you could reliability blow 2-3 shields per combat without worry. (Arcane recovery, SP, harness divine power, pact slots.) But 6 or so fights you are tapped out.
It's all got pros and cons, even the mighty gish who doesn't get high spell slots and the really fun toys. Also dm should learn how to target other things than armor class. Heck, a fakeout attack that's an intelligence save against, or grappling (athletics), Tasha's mind whip. No one player is immune to everything and DMs need to learn that If someone seems invincible.
>>
>>86131110
>encounters
I don't think the willfully stupid ITT understand what an encounter is

>>86130149
>level 20
>monk is example of martial
>ignore that casters without martials are fucking worthless martials without casters are just fine

>>86130176
>believing a comment bait YT that's obviously grossly exaggerating everything
>citing it
jfc retard
>>
>>86131179
>great temporary AC for 1 turn costing a spell slot
vs.
>constantly good AC for no encounter resources

and casters get a point for this? that's charity at best.
>>
File: 1461662947934.png (99 KB, 248x242)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>party encounters Banshee
>they ALL get hit by the wail, fail and drop to 0 at once

Welp.
>>
>>86128890
As long as it always turns them into the same thing in terms of appearance, it's not really that powerful, since it can't really be used as a proper disguise. Even if it granted them natural armor or natural weapons it probably wouldn't be that strong, since Dragonborn are already kind of weak as far as races go
>>
>>86131159
0 holes pokes so far.
>>86131189
Encounter is combat encounter. Nothing in the DMG suggested adventuring day implies that it talks about "social encounters". Not all encounters are combat encounters is a reddit psyop.
>ignore that casters without martials are fucking worthless martials without casters are just fine
Lmao
>I can't math and read so this YT video is wrong because I don't like the format
Lmao
>>
>>86129135
>Are none of your casters healing at all between battles or buffing their martials?
Typically people do this, but why should that be a factor in martial performance? Of course the spellcasters will run out of spells faster while martials last longer if the spellcasters are using it to heal them.

But why do that when instead of a Fighter you could have a Cleric in heavy armor while having even more potential healing throughout the day?
>>
So following on saltmarsh, does anyone think stormwreck would be an interesting transition into it? They seem to be close iirc and have similar themes
>>
>>86131318
Casters run out of spells because they need to use spells to heal the martials so martials are better
>>
>Animate weapon
>Animate siege weapon
>Weapon of returning
>Enlarge Weapon
>Stretch Weapon
Why can't we get spells this soulful in 5e?
>>
File: 1woGdhm.jpg (121 KB, 1000x1745)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
By level 14, would it be better for an undead warlock to use fire bolt instead of eldritch blast if they need to regen HP? Fire bolt is all one blast, which by that level would deal 4d10 necrotic with form of dread active, so you would heal from half of that damage, which would be more healing than EB.
>>
>>86131253
Did any survive the death saving throws? If they did, they should add the flaw "terrified of banshees"
>>
File: 16638241202172498.jpg (159 KB, 1024x1422)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>86131362
>Ride the Lightning
>>
>>86131413
If fb hits, you get a lot hp. If it misses, you get 0.
If eb hits, you don't get a lot of hp. If it misses, you still have more beams to get more potential hp.
>>
>>86131431
I quickly improv'd a plot where the banshee called some ghost friends and stabilized the party with the intention of possessing them to serve as a set of meat puppets, which the party could then find their way out of.
>>
OK this may sound stupid, and it kinda is, but... OK lemme start at the beginning.
I'm currently running a very low magic martial arts game (all players are gestalt Monk/class). The enemies are eunuch sorcerers (not the actual sorcerer class, just casters that get magic from being snipped). But when the players confronted them they gave an answer that I honestly thought the players would think about but disagree with. They agreed with it and decided to join this faction, with one of the players even wanting to actually become one of them and "serve" the Emperor.
Now the issue is, I have no idea what the hell that means and now I have a week to come up with an actual spec for my player for this class.
What I do have is proficiency in Insight (got to have that to detect plots or lies, or truths, and stop them from getting to the Emperor), an additional spell slot (assuming Wizard, Warlock, or Sorcerer) or Ki (assuming a homebrew Ki caster class), and maybe some weapon proficiency (to play into the whole defenders of the Emperor and his harem thing). But that all seems like low level stuff. The slot or Ki can be done later if push comes to shove, but it still feels bad. But that still leaves a whole bunch of levels to fill in. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
File: life-sized-quasit.jpg (122 KB, 1200x1200)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>They're creating a life-sized Quasit statue
Ok by why though
Also god damn they're much bigger than I thought they were
>>
>>86131463
>party loses to hostile enemies
>no TPK
Yeah I'd leave the table.
>>
>question comes up about demon lore
>hey dm my character speaks abyssal surely my character has some knowledge of demons
>no anon, just because you speak the language doesn't mean you know anything about demons
>but I'm a well researched high level wizard can I at least make a check of some kind?
>No
Ok I guess
>>
>>86131479
Ok
>>
>>86130780
I'm not
>>
>>86131476
they should make plushies of all the familiars, they'd make gangbusters
>>
File: 1623934191932.jpg (49 KB, 327x454)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>86123961
b-brown thighs...
>>
What cantrips should I run on my fathomless with tome?
>>
>>86131667
Eldritch blast and mage hand
>>
>>86131491
Are you proficient in Religion?
>>
>>86131690
I was more looking for cantrips that warlocks don't have access to that would be useful for my 3 extra slots
>>
>>86131440
But you only substitute the necrotic damage for one of the attacks, so even if all 3 eb shots hit, you only get healing for half of 2d10+5, as opposed to half of 4d10 from fire bolt
>>
>>86131476
>>86131566
we're never going to see a good D&D book are we
>>
>>86131667
Tome is shit
>>
>>86131896
You mean the best, right?
>>
>>86131864
Primal savagery can be a fun unexpected one if you've got war caster. No one expects the spellcaster they are running past to fucking bite them with acid fangs.
>>
>>86131910
Best is chain.
>>
>>86131924
Nah. Ritual spells break the game.
>>
>>86131944
Ritual spells are useless.
>>
>>86131476
who let dave into the director's meeting
>>
>>86131762
Yes I am. I have a +10 in fact but I never get to use it
>>
File: gamebreaking spell.png (44 KB, 393x408)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>86131956
Skill issue.
>>
>>86131973
So do you still travel at 100ft per round after the spell ends for 1 min?
>>
>>86131997
>all spells are useless because they eventually end
Are you retarded?
>>
>>86131973
>spend 10 minutes killing xp blobs
>enough gold to buy several real horses that last years
>doesn't require wasting pact boon or being 5th level
>>
File: 1643128230589.png (704 KB, 640x574)
704 KB
704 KB PNG
this might be a very dumb question

is it possible to take a vampire spawn and turn it back into a real human bean?
>>
>>86131570
Good taste.
>>
>>86132031
Wish could probably do it. Or the DM can just make some way up.
>>
>>86132014
He just asked a question about the spell in particular you giga-autist
>>86131997
IIRC the official ruling is no
>>
>>86132038
I am the DM.
Just trying to hook a player's background into the story.

It's a published campaign but there's no wish in there as far as I remember.
There is a very powerful archmage however, and a corrupted angel. One of them might be able to do it if their quest was completed?
>>
>>86132024
>several real horses that require maintenance and die immediately
FTFY
>>
>>86131910
>>86131924
Chain is better than Tome in the sense that there is significantly more you can do with it than either of the other two pacts due to the bulk of it's power coming from stuff that cannot be defined on paper. It's much more open to creative uses and out of the box thinking. While Tome lets you get rituals, those are just spells at the end of the day. They're situationally strong, but they're all static in their usage. Chain by comparison has a ridiculous amount of variety in what it can accomplish just because the familiar is an intelligent outsider who can act on their own.
Scouting, invisibility, help with a task, this is stuff you'd expect but they can do a lot more. Using objects like traps, potions, or magical items, or helping during roleplay or being a translator. Assisting in coercion or intimidation. Letting you harvest their really potent poison, poison that now scales to your DC over theirs. There's so much you can do with them that they're just better than the other options from the creativity they allow alone.
>But find familiar is also a ritual-
Yes, but an owl doesn't have hands and human arms, magical abilities and a brain that's capable of independent human-level thought now does it. They can't manipulate objects as effectively, or speak languages, sneak around invisibly or debilitate opponents with status conditions. It's a bird. And while you can make an argument for a Raven or Crow being able to grasp potion usage it still would have trouble using them by itself. The chain pact familiars are extremely strong in ways that the normal spell can't replicate.

>>86131962
Have to wonder what davefag would've thought of this, honestly.
>>
>>86132031
Vampire spawn are undead, so whatever can turn undead back to life
>>
>>86131997
You travel according to the overland travel pace rules.
>>
>>86132057
Then just make up whatever you want. Plant a magic macguffan somewhere in the world said to have to power to reverse vampirification, have an NPC mention rumors of it to the group, and let it go from there.
>>
>>86123853
>mouse
>not even going through the basic effort of giving her buckteeth
>just an anime girl with mickey mouse ears
weebs are the gayest life form on earth
>>
>>86131997
No one knows. DM fiat.
>>
How would you build a mechanically functional paraplegic female halfling without using homebrew like the combat wheelchair?
>>
>>86123936
>He really was cheesed to meet her
>>
>>86132157
Spend 8 GP for a mule and focus on ranged attacks. Simplest route for class after that is probably to go Battlesmith Artificer so you could get a more durable mount that's easily revived.
>>
>>86123991
Love this class. I played a warforged pugilist right up until we inevitably switched to PF.

>>86124826
Sucks, anon. Sorry to hear that. Asshole DMs like that are why people on /tg/ have such an autistic reaction to the term "Session 0"
>>
>>86131896
tell me why without using any meme buzzwords

3 free cantrips seems pretty damn amazing
>>
>>86132182
Gouda you not Bree so cheesy?
>>
>>86132061
>implying anyone actually tracks food
>implying wasting 10 minutes every hour on bad rituals isn't maintenance
>>
>>86132157
Armorer artificer.
>>
>>86132232
You need more than the 1? An artificer dip also gets you 3 cantrips plus some other good bits and bobs.
>>
File: come on now.jpg (36 KB, 500x499)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>86131973
>one person only
>subject to mount rules
>gets destroyed if it takes a single point of damage
>"gamebreaking"
>>
>>86132240
>not ritual casting while walking and arriving at the dungeon with 5 phantom steeds
shiggydiggy
>>
>>86132240
>anyone actually tracks food
I did until the goodber fag showed up. They had 1 maybe 2 days before food ran out and starvation set in.
>>
>>86132264
I wasn't planning on multiclassing with my first character plus someone else is running artificer
>>
>>86132268
>no cost
>can ritual cast while walking
>can ritual cast while mounted
>5 mounts up 24/7 while traveling
>200ft movespeed on your turn
>100ft movespeed in 5ft corridor dungeons
>use spare horses as Magic Stone hurlers
>only 47 monsters out of 2825 are faster than Psteed
>only 5 monsters under CR10 are faster than Psteed
I mean it's gamebreaking and if you don't see it, you're bad.
>b-but 1 hp
Don't care. I got 4 more.
>subject to mount rules
Yeah it's a controlled mount
>>
>>86132275
>ritual casting while walking
You mean breaking the rules and getting removed from the table
>>
>>86132335
Ritual casting only takes your action and concentration. It doesn't take anything else.
>>
>>86132057
If it's Curse of Strahd then I think it would be a fun twist if the Barovian Gypsies had some kind of secret undeath-to-life ritual, should they ever see the opportunity for some outsiders to overthrow Strahd.
>>
>>86131896
>>86132232
I would personally say that it's not that Tome is really bad, just that Chain is really good. You can do so much with Chain and get huge mileage out of the improved familiar, whereas Tome gives you...a few cantrips. Sure, that's not bad. But it's not really, well, amazing either. Offense wise most people just stick to Eldritch Blast, and there's little else you need that Warlock doesn't already get. Guidance is good, but plenty of other classes can get it and it doesn't stack with itself, and Magic Initiate can get you it too. Every ritual spell? Sure, that's not bad...but you still need to find them first. You're subject to the rules of copying scrolls, and need to both find the spells you want and have the funds and time to transcribe them. Odds are you aren't going to actually get the ritual spell scrolls you want unless you beg the DM and he shows some mercy. And even then, this can also be done with a different feat (Ritual Caster only allows you to get rituals from one class, but Wizard has nearly all of them and is the one with the ritual spells most people are after anyways).

You can't get a Quasit or an Imp from a feat. The stuff the chain familiars can do are exclusive to chain-pact familiars, and they even get to explicitly ignore or have ways around the limitations that all other familiars have (like no attacking). Feats can't let you replicate the pact either, since there's no feat that gives you all their specific, very strong bonuses. And you don't need to rely on luck or the chance to find specific scrolls to make your pact worthwhile. It costs gold to resummon it if it dies, but it costs even more time and money to transcribe those rituals. There's no downside to Chain, it has lower risk and higher reward.

tl;dr
Tome is 'ok', but gives no huge benefit and has a lot of issues that aren't obvious at a glance
Chain is amazing and has huge benefits and it's strength comes from how it rewards experimenting
Blade is bad
>>
>>86132428
I thought blade was decent for hexblade?

Does quarbit fit the best with fathomless?
>>
>>86132344
>>86132335
>>
>>86132335
Wrong
>>
File: Capture.png (179 KB, 363x191)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
>>86132451
?
>>
>>86132335
>>86132451
The same type of nigga that doesn't believe that rest casting is an intended game mechanic
>>
>>86132335
>walking breaks concentration
That's the most American thing I've heard this week.
>>
>>86132440
Hexblade is a ranged subclass.
>>
>>86132519
Based EBARB enjoyer
>>
>Hexblade casts Hex and Hexblade's Curse on a homeless drunkard on an early morning, right before the party plans to head out of town
>kills the drunkard and raises a Specter
>keeps concentration on Hex
>convinces the party to have a hour long breakfast before they depart
>concentrates on Hex through the short rest
>gets back the used spell slot and Hexblade's Curse
>keeps a free Hex to be transferred onto a target at a later time within the next seven hours
>also has an undead minion for free

What would you, as a DM or fellow player, have done if a player did this at your table?
>>
>>86132541
Allow it. At least he is using his concentration on a shitty damage buff instead of good spells.
>>
>>86132541
Have 1000 crossbowmen ambush the player and shoot him all at once.
>>
If you try to summon that many you won't get that long to use them. They only last for an hour. You can't have the whole party ride them. So if you try hit and run shenanigans in a huge, white-roomed open field I hope you enjoy the other players blaming you for their deaths when the monster focuses on them instead of chasing the midget trying to ping it with eldritch blast.
That's the problem, honestly. You're making a big assumption when you think every fight or situation will be a large expansive plain that you can just ride through. Also, they take up space anon. You cant fit five horses into a tiny dungeon. They're large creatures.
>100ft movespeed in 5ft corridors
That'd be cool if they could fit in them.
Too bad they fill up 10ftx10ft spaces.
>B-b-but they can squeeze!
Halves the speed. 50ft is not going to outrun as much as 100ft. Sorry kid.
>But I got 4 more!
Don't care. AoEs. Shame. Should've used that 50 minutes to prepare for the fight I guess.
Also, again, mount rules: if you're on that horse when it so much as trips on a rock you're falling prone. Make the save? Costs your movement; less speed for you next turn.
>But it'll work because it just works ok!
One word: Teleportation

Phantom Steed was created to travel long trips without needing to care for a horse.
It's very good at traversing long distances.
That's also all it's good at. Gamebreaking if the campaign is just a gigantic endless grassland with a town or two between it. But it's not nearly as strong as you want to think it is.
>>
>>86132440
It's more that Hexblade is necessary for Blade to work at all, but even if you focus on it, it's still not the best
>>
>>86132541
Send the town guard on him for murdering someone
>>
>>86132541
Send the town guard to give him a reward for cleaning up the streets.
>>
>>86132575
The kind of people who make up scenarios about chain ritual casting spectral steeds and riding them around through a dungeon don't care because they only play within their own imagination with no human or otherwise unpredictable elements.
>>
File: jt94gu6h.jpg (91 KB, 400x400)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>86132478
>>86132481
>>86132493
>>86132498
>t. cheaters removed from the table
>>
>>86132541
Raising the dead is a violation of life. I kill the specter, kill the player and leave the table
>>
>>86132610
NUH-UH CAUSE I LEAVE YOUR SHIT TABLE BEFORE YOU CAN BAN ME. YOU'LL ALL BE SORRY WHEN MY COFFEELOCK WITH NO BACKSTORY OR PERSONALITY IS GONE!
>>
>>86132612
>kill the player
>>
>>86132575
>If you try to summon that many you won't get that long to use them. They only last for an hour
Yeah luckily I have a new one every 11 minutes.
>You can't have the whole party ride them.
I'm not adventuring with 7 people
>So if you try hit and run shenanigans in a huge, white-roomed open field I hope you enjoy the other players blaming you for their deaths when the monster focuses on them instead of chasing the midget trying to ping it with eldritch blast.
>implying anyone in a good party is melee and unable to kite basic monsters
>B-b-but they can squeeze!
Indeed. Which is why you have 100ft movespeed even in combat because they have actions like dash.
>Don't care. AoEs. Shame. Should've used that 50 minutes to prepare for the fight I guess.
>enemies using actions and AoE to bring down mounts instead of dealing damage to the party
Sounds like a win in my book. Winning the action economy and saving hit dice.
>Phantom Steed was created to travel long trips without needing to care for a horse.
Says who? It still has AC, actions, stats etc.
>Gamebreaking if the campaign is just a gigantic endless grassland with a town or two between it.
Or in a dungeon, or in a town.
>>
>>86132634
>I'm not adventuring with 7 people
Yeah you're not adventuring with any number of people in fact because you don't play.
>>
File: rollin around.jpg (18 KB, 320x320)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>86132440
Blade is functional with Hexblade, but Hexblade is so powerful at what it does that the other two options become even stronger when combined with it and you'll deal more damage just using Agonizing Blast. It's not the best designed subclass.

And yeah, Quasit would fit with fathomless. Many parts of the Abyss are ocean-like, and there's even some aquatic demon lords. More importantly though the Fathomless Warlock specializes in debuffing and control, and this is the Quasit's bread and butter as we've learned here. The ability to inflict Poison and Fear on people in conjunction with shuffling them around or inhibiting their movement works very well. Especially if you get the invocation to make the DC of it's abilities equal to your Spellsave DC. Scare is once-per-day, but it's a very strong ability.
>>
Asking since i didn't get a reply, but does chain function well with fathomless? What is the best familiar for it?
>>
File: retard alert.gif (2.13 MB, 498x498)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB GIF
>>86132652
Nice projection. Sorry that reading spells gets me banned from your reddit table.
>>
>>86132661
>nice projection!
People literally always say this whenever someones accusation is spot on.
>>
>>86132656
How does Fathomless do with damage from tentacles and blast?
>>
>>86132670
If it makes you feel better, martial
>>
>>86132679
It makes me feel very good knowing that whiteroom autists like you can't do anything but seethe about nobody wanting to play with you, yes.
>>
File: 1580140746032.jpg (48 KB, 563x774)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>86132656
>Blade is functional with Hexblade, but Hexblade is so powerful at what it does that the other two options become even stronger
I have been wanting to play pic related for so long as a blade hexblade but can't bring myself to it as melee seems like a horrible option. Is there no way to ungimp blade?
>>
File: xu9rzzd9z4271.png (1.35 MB, 960x960)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>>86132713
Too bad I GM 1 game and play at 3 different tables.
>>
File: 47d.jpg (23 KB, 437x431)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>cancelled again
>>
Lightning Bolt or Sleet Storm?
>>
>>86132722
Remove hex warrior from hexblade and add hex warrior to pact of the blade.
>>
>>86132732
>I d-definitely play in TONS of games and everybody absolutely loves the way I spam phantom steed every single hour of travel the party goes on and we beat every quest by dashing 200 feet per turn through dungeons that consist exclusively of 200 foot long 10 foot wide hallways or giant empty featureless fields!!!

Sure you do.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (82 KB, 1280x720)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>86132631
Yes.
>>
Concentrating on a spell, or on casting a ritual spell, does incapacitate the caster. It’s more like driving a car. You can’t get too distracted but you can do other things. This is why a AT Rogue can maintain concentration on a spell while also picking locks, looking for and disarming traps, sneak attacking enemies, and evading AoE effects all without even making a CON save. That said, I don’t think Phantom Steed has much combat potential because they die immediately when taking any damage. But, if you summon one and manage to take it into combat and not get it hit by anything, then more power to you.
>>
>>86131438
feet
>>
>>86132850
>does NOT incapacitate the caster*
>>
>>86132850
Nogame whiteroom autists never factor "taking damage" into their epic strategies they found on reddit because the enemy in their imaginary white room is just a mindless target practice dummy that stands in the middle of a field doing nothing.
>>
>>86132634
>Implying anyone in a good party is melee
>Why yes, I've never played a game of D&D before, how could you tell?
>It can dash in squeezed spaces though!
Attack of Opportunity. Should've disengaged if you didn't want to get stuck. The rest of the enemies can now target you with theirs since mount rules let you choose either the rider or the mount when making an AoO. How unfortunate.
Also, gives you very little room to maneuver around AoEs as well. Or move to avoid any enemies or traps that might be in those tight corridors as well. Maybe you should've stayed in the small 20ft room instead of trying to run into the short hallway. And we haven't even gotten into turning corners.
>Enemies using AoE to bring down mounts
Imagine thinking that the rider doesn't get included in the AoE with his mount. Such arrogance. Make the save anon, your illusionary pony isn't a meatshield. Oh, and the dex save to see if you're prone or use your movement speed of course.
>B-but it has AC!
An AC of 10, anon. Unless you're implying that you can somehow manage to carry around five sets of full horse plate armor that you then take the time to equip to the mount, which takes another ten minutes, giving you even less of them and less time to use them?
>Actions!
Dash, Disengage, and Dodge. Each has consequences for trying to use them. There's no all-win button here.
>Stats!
It can't attack while you're mounted on it. It's not an independent mount, like you said. Unless, of course, you're not actually mounting it and would instead just send the horse out to make a suicide attack. Which defeats the nonsensical moon logic point of it's "gamebreaking" speed.
>B-but it's gamebreaking in a dungeon or town or whatever because I said it is anyway!
Nope, sorry. It's just an average utility spell. Not bad. But not good, either.
>>
>>86132656
I wouldn't ever recommend pure blade to anyone. It's functional in the most "technically" of ways. Like yeah it works alright if you never ever want to play in melee
>>
>>86132675
It does pretty alright. It's pretty solid damage. But it's mostly strong for it's control. Getting to effectively choose where enemies are is really good. But your killing power will be good don't worry.
>>
Can you be a necromancer lite as undead warlock without the autism of managing spells that a necromancer would have?
>>
>>86132876
It's a shame that Curse of Strahd tends to attract whiteroomers, at least in my experience. They'll brag about one-shotting Strahd, and be utterly stunned when he passes through a wall, or if it turns out I modified his stat block in any way.
>>
>>86132768
>Bad fireball or turbo grease
Skeet storm.
>>
.....make the thread
>>
>>86132850
This >>86132876
There are innumerable ways to fuck over these kinds of whiteroom builds, especially because most people parroting them weren't creative enough to come up with them in the first place and just assume it should work because "this other guy said it does". So they can't come up with creative solutions to the problems they encounter that consist of inevitabilities.

Some people have tried to pull these 'gamebreaking' builds on me when I DM, and most of them go completely apeshit when they run into any problems.
>>
>>86133007
Isn't bolt better for close spaces?
>>
>>86133150
>page 5
>>
>>86133197
it's over
>>
New thread (furries, stay here!)
>>86133219
>>86133219
>>86133219
>>
>>86129688
>reddit formatting
Oh hi again
As I said yesterday, the wiki doesn't have information on any of the stuff I mentioned
It's great for history, like if you want help setting up villain motivations or explaining why an old ruin is where it is, but it's shit if you want any of the actually useful stuff for a session, like how the day-to-day of a city actually operates

I also want a book, not a website, which is why the other comments about 2e and 3e books were infinitely more helpful
>>
>>86131362
Not everything needs to be a damn spell. We have magic items and subclass features for returning weapons. It exists the wizard just has to sulk because they can't do it.
>>
>>86127142
>In short, they wouldn't fight, and so wouldn't affect party balance.
Are you a player or the DM? If the former, why are you homebrewing spells for yourself?
>>
Rate my shitbrew
Monk is now 10th level cap.

Martials can only level to 10 max. They have to multiclass to get 20.
>>
>>86136193
>>
>>86136193
Fighter Vers

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.