[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: touhou-touhou-project.gif (625 KB, 498x498)
625 KB
625 KB GIF
How often do you (or your party) use unusual weapons? It's always swords, rarely axes and spears. I almost never see anyone using clubs.
>>
Play Pathfinder 2e, where everyone uses gnome flickmaces.
>>
>>86116082
They're rather popular at my table. Especially strip clubs.
>>
In my current party we have a cave woman barbarian who uses a big old broken tree branch as a greatclub and a warforged who screws off his right hand a screws on a pickaxe head when it's fighting time.
>>
>>86116082
Because clubs are for peasants or worse. If you can put two silver pieces together you get a mace.
>>
>>86116082
I've played an animated statue barbarian who uses a marble pillar as a greatclub.
>>
>>86116082
Last pathfinder campaign my Paladin got a soul-bound warhammer that later gained the ability to turn into any weapon. I asked if this included technological weapons and successfully argued that I could take a -1 on the Paladin's enchantment ability to power such weapons like a battery.

So I was wielding a Chainsaw that dealt 3d6 base damage and crit on a 15 or higher.
>>
>>86126707
>paladin
>wielding a chainsaw
>>
>>86122399
>"Because clubs are for peasa-"
*WHACK* There goes your teeth, a tale as old as time. Clubs are for anyone with the strength to wield them. No weapon is more primal, none with more awesome a legacy.
>>
>>86116082
I throw the party loli at the enemy
>>
>>86116082
If you really think about it, an anchor is just a weird axe.
>>
Used a harpoon gun in a black crusade game if that means anything.
>>
>>86116082
I mainly play monks or unarmed fighters. Nothing beats shrugging damage due to chiseled abs and punching out someone in full plate.
>>
>>86116082
Our current session had a character beat a werewolf to death with a tiny gem box made of silver.
>>
>>86116082
A couple of session ago I used a barbed devil as an improvised weapon.
This was 5e and I was playing a barbarian. Argued that if I grappled the thing and forcefully moved it through an enemy, it should take damage from it's spiked feature. And that since I am raging, I should get not just my STR bonus, but also my rage bonus. Forgot to argue that because I was enlarged, I should get a d4 on top of it too. The DM had a minor aneurysm, it ended up doing mediocre damage, and we all had a great laugh.
>>
>>86126797
*kills you with my sword* Nothing personal...

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.