[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>Yarrg be harties, it be international talk like a pirate day!
>Post ye best pirate themed art, campaign ideas, battle maps, mechanics, systems, campaign stories, greentexts or anything else ye like.
>Just make sure everything ye post and everything ye say be appropriately piratie or else ye be walking tha plank!
>>
>>86078615
I be plannin' a seafarin' campaign fer me scurvy crew, set in a vast unexplored archipelago. But aye, it be a devil's task to chart such an expanse fer me sea-dogs in a way that's pleasin' to a keen eye. Does any roving manjack among ye have nautical and piratical maps fit fer a pirate king?
>>
>>86078660
Yar makin’ sea charts be a difficult task, best advice I can give ye for making a chart for ye voyage is to use any world map makin’ apparatus ye prefer and apply filters. For navel combat at sea usin’ a blue void with tokens or simple minis of appropriate size works, near the coast ye may want to make some more complex maps or use any ye find here or abroad. I do have some fine ship maps I absconded with over the years which I will leave here tho, as I think it be important for a crew to know the layout of the ship fer storage or fer when a fight happens. Havin’ multiple is good for when ye crew of sea dogs wants to board another ship and begin pirating of course
>>
>>86078660
>>86079271
>>
>>86079280
>>
>>86079305
>>
>>86079328
>>
>>86079344
>>
>>86079375
>>
>>86079305
>Galleon
>Without canons
Go kill yourself, you absolute retard. The reason why you had those multi-deck ships was to mount fucking guns. Otherwise, you can't fucking board anything, for it is too high/you are too high. What do you think naval combat was before cannons? What? You think a ballista is going to do any fucking damage to a ship hull?! You board the ship and slaughter the crew, not replace guns with mechanical weapons
>>
File: pirate girl haven.jpg (83 KB, 730x974)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>86078615
What be yer favorite kind of, let's say, extralegal hideaway? Be it a private cove just fer you and yer fleet? Or perhaps it be one of those pirate havens where the proverbial birds of a feather stick together in a common port to trade stories and supplies? Mayhaps somethin' else, if you're feelin' clever?
>>
>>86079842
I not be tha one who drew it ye land lubber, I just found it on tha body of a recently dead man
>>
>>86079271
Ar, ye be a good sort, sharin' yer plunder like this. Perhaps there be honour among thieves after all.

>>86080320
I've always been of a fondness fer drinkin' dens with private rooms what one needs a password for to enter.
Ghosts of Saltmarsh had a fine idea with a ghost town/mansion what god-fearin' folks swore blind was haunted, and that no sensible soul ought go near. Ghost stories coverin' for nautical misdeeds are a favourite.
>>
File: 1601838816778.jpg (671 KB, 762x1000)
671 KB
671 KB JPG
>>86080894
>Ghosts of Saltmarsh had a fine idea with a ghost town/mansion what god-fearin' folks swore blind was haunted, and that no sensible soul ought go near. Ghost stories coverin' for nautical misdeeds are a favourite.
>Unironically using the ol' Scooby-Doo
>>
File: Louisa and Smiles.png (745 KB, 2392x2042)
745 KB
745 KB PNG
Are they any less a pirate if they be needin' a boost to look over some of the ship rails?
>>
I regularly use a setting of my own for one shots, being a largely unexplored and untamed island with only a pirate stronghold serving as the sole source of civilisation. Naturally, it's called Libertalia.
>>
>>86082504
How useful is a flying shark if it cant bite outside its bubble helmet?
>>
>>86082914
That's the boost for the rails.
>>
>>86082504
Aye but she still needs to pull her admittedly minuscule weight
>>
>>86080320
The best hideaway be the one where the waters themselves bar passage to the enemy. That may be a secret chart of tides and shoals, or a pact with a mermaid queen, or a force shield around a rock in the sea of stars. A hidden entrance guarded by shore cannon don't hurt either.
>>
File: pirate.jpg (1.64 MB, 3068x4472)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
Here's a couple songs from my favorite pirate movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6MqiPM_i3Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvUbbYX9BMs
>>
>>86078660
Abandon artfag pretension. Map using flowcharts with journey times written on the lines and islands/ports as the nodes.
>>
space pirates
>>
What is a pirate's worst fear?
>>
File: 1355796529884.png (416 KB, 800x640)
416 KB
416 KB PNG
>>86089093
The blacked spot.
>>
File: ac4 - captain morgan.jpg (735 KB, 2316x3744)
735 KB
735 KB JPG
>>86078615
I like the pirate outfit designs from AC4 a lot
>>
File: ac4 - edward the legend.jpg (371 KB, 1600x2932)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
>>86089121
>>
>>86089093
In most settings, being captured by the local navy. You get locked up, die a gruesome death, and your enemies seize all of your assets.
>>
File: Pirate campaign.png (428 KB, 495x735)
428 KB
428 KB PNG
>>86078615
>Pirate thread
>>
One of my favorite characters,
>Captain Noctilus the Crimson Tide
>Vampire swashbuckling badass
>instead of a peg leg, he has a boarding axe on his left leg below the knee
>majority of his crew are vampires & thralls
>wife's character, the 1st mate is Leoch, a faun/satyr charismatic bardic goatman, ridiculously Irish
>after many adventures, Noctilus meets his demise at the undead hands of druegar in a forgotten mountain keep
>last action was giving Leoch his hat
>Leoch retreated, found Noctilus at the bottom of the waterfal torn and smashed beyong recognition
>buried him, thinking his captain was dead
>later learned his captain was only slumbering, all it took was blood to bring him back
>a LOT of blood
>Leoch has been very busy, almost as ruthless as Noctilus in the meantime as standing captain, all to bring his buddy back
>after Noctilus' remains were bathed in enough vitae, he goes on a bestial rampage, slaughtering the rest of the breakfast his 1st mate prepared for him
>greeted and praised Leoch for being such a great mate
>first order after resurrection "give me back my hat"
The GM also rolled off tables for a random godwhen I asked whatthe god of the seas was in his game. Came out as Bimno the Orange Shark, which fits this art I found perfectly. Very fun character.
Theme song https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1EyM2jcBTW0 taking "never shall we die" literally.
>>
I found this fucking badass during some of my internet wanderings and it was the kick in the ass I needed to start looking at the state of Warhammer right now. Warcry looks pretty fun so I'm kitbashing up a vampirate warband based around Stromfels, the old-world shark god who was too dead to die at the end times who has been lingering below the deepest ocean of the realm of death before a 'lucky' Vampire managed to catch his attention as he drowned above his sunken tomb.

They're gonna be fanatics on a ruse cruise to overthrow Nagash and put a fucking shark zombie god on the throne of death
>>
>>86078615
I've been working on a pirate setting where magic appeared (or some say returned) suddenly and violently as these strange coins appeared. The more coins you or the ship you're on has the more magic it has. However, this also causes the holder and the ship to become corrupted and eventually hunted down by sea monsters. Haven't decided much more than that as of currently. Any advice?
>>
>>86089635
Luther Harkon was one of the three Lords I pirated TTWH for. If WHF ever does naval battles... Then again, could go from that pirate ship war game into a WH battle. I have an idea now that is going to cost me way too much.
>>
>>86078615
How do you think that pirates would typically handle magic in a fantasy-based setting? Also, here be a pirate mage, matey!
>>
>>86097334
Fireball, just fireball, JUST FIREBALL.
Seriously, fire aboard a ship is probably the most dangerous possible thing that can happen to you. The ropes and cables of ships before the age of synthetic fibers were heavily tarred and oiled to protect them from both rot and abrasion, decks were sanded rough and coated with sawdust, and any good ship was made of dry, seasoned wood. Pitch, oil based paint, and other flammable oils were also carried aboard in significant quantities to renew the cable coatings and keep the outer hull pained cleanly during long voyages.
All of this served to make age of sail ships floating tinderboxes just waiting to spontaneously ignite.
>>
>>86097502
Suppose this means the most common magic on a boat would actually be counter magic.
Which is weirdly in line with how superstitious sailors were.

>>86097334
My take is that they'd be pretty shite at it. Obviously depending on what magic is in the world.
If its based on learning spells anyone who could learn proper magic probably can find an easier life off a ship.
Magic users on a ship are fuck-up wizards, or they stole shit outside their paygrade.

All this to say I see pirate crews having a handful of magic items or some big fuckoff ritual spell, but usually with some glaring weakness.

>old man Saw tooth can whistle a tune and summon the spawn of leviathan. What the fuck do you mean control it?

>Hellmouth Mary once bit the ear off some devil and now breathes fire when she gets pissed.

>Greengills used to be a wizard but booze and women sidetracked his studies too hard. He knows how to change the color of oranges and canon balls.

Though as mentioned
>>86097502
Either shipwrights or someone on the crew has to have anti magic effects. Anti-badluck shit anti fire shit. Like everything on a pirate ship its probably either really fancy or hacked together.

Also probably a hundred spells to have sex with merpeople that don't work.
>>
>>86078615
In a fantasy setting with multiple races, what are some good non-human races to have make up a majority of the pirates (the non human ones at least), and why? My best guesses are elves or goblins, arr!
>>
File: 01012544910.jpg (359 KB, 832x1068)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
By repute, the best set of rules for sea combat.

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

YIFF YIFF YARR MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
>>86078615
What about space pirates in science fiction settings, matey? How do ye like them done?
>>
How suitable, I’ve been painting up this wreck just today for my vampire coast, which I have just finished 2000 point battle with(Warhammer fantasy 6th Ed)
>>
>>86103889
Here’s 2000 points of rotten sea dogs.
>>
>>86103899
And here’s some closeups of a bunch I used in a skirmish game.
Including harrkon himself.
>>
>>86102824
Furry games often have surprisingly good rules yarg.
>>
>>86102824
How does the sea combat work in it?

In Swashbucklers of the 7 skies it looks like this:
Captain can issue a number of orders, depending on how good he is. Underlings then roll relevant skills to fulfill the order. On success they generate a ship combat die.
Captain then assigns these die to offensive and defensive and decides who and how to attack. Roll dice, pick one or two highest (depends on how offensive you want to go), compare to enemy defense. Apply damage. Have fun.
(I hope I don't misremember it)
>>
>>86104078
I found a copy.
https://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1371/02/1371024073428.pdf
>>
File: Pirate Mage by R-Aters.png (815 KB, 667x1000)
815 KB
815 KB PNG
>>86078615
What conditions encourage piracy, me hearties? How might the existence of magic and the like affect them, arr?
>>
>>86104122
>be at war
>take a bunch of sailors, give them letters of marque, send them off to kill your enemy and loot their shit
>win war
>tell them to go home and stop looting shit
And thats about it really.
>>
>>86104120
Can no one give a short rundown?
>>
>>86104521
I can give ye a long rundown off a short plank, ye scurvy knave!
>>
>>86089093
Scurvy, me matey! Or maybe pirate hunters.
>>
File: dsqouequ0aaqcs3.jpg (110 KB, 980x490)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>86089210
Rare is the pirate who not only sees old age but retires on their own terms.
>>
>>86104122
According to Wikipedia:
>Factors contributing to piracy during the Golden Age included the rise in quantities of valuable cargoes being shipped to Europe over vast ocean areas, reduced European navies in certain regions, the training and experience that many sailors had gained in European navies (particularly the British Royal Navy), and corrupt and ineffective government in European overseas colonies. Colonial powers at the time constantly fought with pirates and engaged in several notable battles and other related events.
In short:
>Lots of high-value goods crossing wide stretches of water, especially between colonies and the homeland
>Weak(er) national navies
>Lots of trained sailors
>Weak/inefficient/corrupt regional governments
This isn't that far from the Somalian pirates of the turn of the millenium. That's chalked up to weak government, political instability and rising costs forcing the common man to turn to crime and join gangs to make their livelihoods, and when a sailor turns to crime, they become a pirate.
>>
>>86089118
>>86089210
>>86108963
A sunken chest with no booty
>>
File: ship_to_ship12_3.jpg (194 KB, 1200x640)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>
>>86109230
a more completed version of this piec3 by Craig Mullans which for some reason was not on his Website
>>
>>86109302
>piec3
piece*
>>
File: pirate.jpg (557 KB, 1000x1243)
557 KB
557 KB JPG
>>
File: 1546301906259.jpg (575 KB, 2828x4000)
575 KB
575 KB JPG
>>
>>86078615
Where do your pirate mateys hang out when not plundering? Do ye skury skallaways have any hiding spots or bases?
>>
>>86086509
>Clicked links
>Was not disappointed

Thanks for the nostalgia anon
>>
>>86092493
What exactly determines ownership with regards to the ships and coins?
Do you have to have them on a ship to get magic?
What factions are after the coins and what are their motives?
Are there other forms of magic?
What happens when a Seamonster claims a ship and its coins?
>>
File: pirate1.jpg (77 KB, 564x798)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>86111688
>>
>>86078615
Does your setting have female pirates matey? If so, how do ye handle them compared to male pirates?
>>
>>86097334
As pretty crews were often a weird mix of nationalities and former slaves I'd say an eclectic collection of spells, prayers, and spirits drawn from the many and varied backgrounds of the crew. You probably won't be seeing anyone with any proper training but you're quite likely to encounter novel combinations of magical traditions plus who knows what kind of pilfered tomes and artifacts
>>
File: jeanne_de_clisson21.jpg (780 KB, 1024x776)
780 KB
780 KB JPG
>>86115716
There were real female pirates; I mean, the winningest pirate of all time was Ching Shih (>>86108997), a Chinese prostitute before she made her legend, and she's the reason why a number of pirate stories feature a Chinese pirate queen. I see no reason why there shouldn't be fantasy female pirates.
>>
>>
>>86116187
Who are some other female pirates? Fictional or otherwise?
>>
File: Mary_Read.jpg (4.34 MB, 2766x3898)
4.34 MB
4.34 MB JPG
>>86120228
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_piracy
Notable names include
>Ching Shih (see above)
>Anne Bonny and Mary Read, two women who not only masqueraded as men for a time but also both served with the crew of "Calico" Jack Rackam
>Grace O'Malley, an Irish pirate who terrorized the British and passed into legend, including an infamous parley with Queen Elizabeth I of England
>Rachel Wall, one of the first and only female American pirates; her con involved posing on a "wrecked" ship during a storm to lure colonial ships close before boarding and ransacking the victims; on record as the last woman to be hanged in the state of Massachusetts
>>
>>86108997
>>86116187
she ended up admiral of a pirate fleet of some 16 thousand? junks? so powerful that the chinese empire sued for peace with her, paid her off and made her a grand high poobah muckety muck.
>>
>>86120588
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bxVzKoqB00
>>
File: peeIuwx.jpg (112 KB, 846x1080)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>
File: YxRCeeL.jpg (400 KB, 1920x2248)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>
File: 1626876192149.png (1023 KB, 1500x2000)
1023 KB
1023 KB PNG
>>
File: Eruera.jpg (316 KB, 1171x1700)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
Yarrr, I once had meself a delusion of grandeur tryin' ta make a tropical "pulp adventure" setting with pirates and high seas scallywags.
But alas, I failed ta find a hearty crew of mateys who would get into character and partake in the roleplaying aspect of the roleplaying game.
So the start of my campaign was but a one-shot.
If I ever manage to find the right group of players who fancy themselves seafarin' heroes of fortune, I'd consider takin' another pass at me early notes and fleshing out more o' the world to cater to a more involved group.

Pic related. He was to be the Goblin chieftain of the main port city where the landlubbers were headed, 'fore their good ship was assaulted by local vicious pirates.
>>
>>86114590
>What exactly determines ownership with regards to the ships and coins?
On a personal level, it just has to be in your possession. If you've touched it last and is close enough (your bunk, your pack, your pocket), it's yours. Most keep it on their person though, for ease of access and so they can't be stolen. Usually stealing from another would be a crime even on a pirate ship, but these are an exception on most crews. It's like if you left a gun lying around and someone took it. It's your issue for leaving it. For the ship coins, it's a communal chest of these, there either to power the ship itself or to be taken by the crew in case of an emergencies.

>Do you have to have them on a ship to get magic?
On ship or in possession of. If you own one you can "burn" it, which is done simply by willing it to happen, wanting more juice out of it. It's called this due to it bursting into flame that doesn't harm the holder.

>What factions are after the coins and what are their motives?
Hmmm... That's a good one. Currently I only have the pirates (PCs and NPCs) who want them for power, and the undead, who I want to keep mysterious. Technically the sea monsters if you have enough but they aren't a faction per se. Maybe different countries as well, for the same purpose, to be used against pirates and their enemies.

>Are there other forms of magic?
No.

>What happens when a Seamonster claims a ship and its coins?
If a coin is destroyed, sinks out of reach, gets on land, or burnt for higher magic, it reappears on another ship randomly. Or that's the current theory that people have, since coins seem to appear randomly on ships, and akways a single coin. But as it's never on the same ship and it'd be impossible to confirm the exact dates and times of burning one and another appearing its just s guess.
>>
>>86123327
You can basically guarantee that there will be at least one faction (probably religious) who just wants to destroy the coins.

Also I see that taking the coins onto land destroys them, is this true of any dry land or does it have to be sufficiently inland? Would a jar of dirt work as antimagic?

Also who or what is responsible for making the coins or is that intentionally left mysterious?
>>
File: 1560202804033.jpg (417 KB, 1920x840)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
>>
>>
File: dzi9yyb.jpg (45 KB, 713x1356)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>
File: WJpn9lf.jpg (796 KB, 1920x2879)
796 KB
796 KB JPG
>>
File: lgjV9cP.jpg (726 KB, 1920x3062)
726 KB
726 KB JPG
>>
>>86103809

Loads'a pirate lords comin' an' goin', leaving holomaps to a timber-shiverin' amount of booty (and treasure, too), matey! Legends thick as blood on th' water, and a mighty empire in th' stars huntin' those scurvy dogs down!
>>
Why do pirate campaigns rarely deliver on the promise of adventure? I feel like they end up more railroaded than a typical game.
>>
>>86131790
In what sense?
>>
>>86131814
In my experience, they end up feeling kinda aimless - and not even in the episodic Star Trek sense of "here's the island of wacky people of the week". The ones I've played in have smelled obviously of Quantum Ogres, and it just feels like player choices don't matter.
>>
File: Alamy Airship .jpg (210 KB, 1300x974)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>86078615
Does your setting have Sky Pirates mateys? What do you think about said scurvy dogs?
>>
>>86131790
because if you've already set it up as a pirate campaign, players will expect to be functional pirates from the get-go. Letting players CHOOSE to be pirates in a normal fantasy campaign, that's how you do it.
>>
File: Pirates.jpg (43 KB, 460x345)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>
>>86125696
Maybe for the religious faction, but it's not really possible to permanently destroy them as far as anyone is concerned.

It specifically has to be inland, but needn't be further than a step. Tossing them on a currently dry reef doesn't work, but a few steps up the beach would. I kinda want to allow the jar of dirt just as a joke.

I want to leave the who mysterious. Different people have different interpretations. Some would say God or their gods, some would say the devil, or an ancient artifact brought back by accident or on purpose.
>>
>>86115716
Women were a strange feature of 17/18C piracy. There were as many outlooks on them as there were pirates, we think. Some pirate covenants maintain the death penalty for rape. Others promise it for first sight of a prize.
Pirates were the socially marginalised, and women at the time would certainly count in a lot of ways (if you disagree, ask yourself if you'd accept the life of a 18C housewife, even if others had it worse). So women at the time who wanted a real job and life had few options and the sea was one of them.
It should also be pointed out that it was the first time in history you didn't have to be huge to be a fearsome battlefield commander. Strength is never a disadvantage, to be sure, but a woman with sure command of well-drilled and confident troops was a force to be reckoned with. Plus firearms as the great leveller, etc. There's also the fact that life at sea, while brutal, required little strength or stamina from officers. Unlike the infantry, where all might be required to survive hard living in the saddle or on foot, where women can be argued to have the disadvantage.
A shrewd woman who was willing to use knife and pistol to protect herself and her skill at sea to make the crew money could flourish as a pirate. Indeed, as >>86120499 posts, many did.
>>
>>86086509
Based
>>
>>86086509
>>86139198
Based indeed
>>
File: Ridley v Samus.jpg (333 KB, 2560x1440)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
>>86103809
Like a big purple dragon
>>
>>86115810
This. I have nothing to add.
>>
>>86097772
>Magic users on a ship are fuck-up wizards, or they stole shit outside their paygrade.
Could have more than a few Stephen Maturin types, who are using life at sea as a means to find magical gubbins to aid their studies.
>>
File: peek_of_the_week_30.jpg (260 KB, 1920x1080)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>86080320
The best havens be the lawless ones, since even nations that might want ye gone in the-arrrr-y will take the opp-arrrr-tunity to do some off-the-books trading and he-arrrr what rumours o' gold and adventu-arrrrr be going arrrrround
But of course, the best pirate haven is Hutton Orbital. Best get out there, young'un
>>
>>86089093
Getting your head cut off and your neckhole fucked for mechanical benefit
>>
>>
>>86097334
Considering sailors of the era thought of a lot of things as magic and were near constantly doing stuff to ensure luck, survival, and good weather like tattoos, special nails, piercings, carving sigils on things, keeping lucking trinkets around, insta-killing any possibly unlucky guys on board, thinking the compass is basically magic, trying to keep away the evil spirits and Devil Jonah, any typical sailor might have a few dozen +1 items of some type collected up after a couple years out at sea. Collecting up magic trinkets might be a primary goal of most sailors.

Magic should be a mix of flavors from around the known world.
>Home grown European folk magic and witchery
>European high Court magics from the Royal Academy of Sorcery, French Court of Magoi and Alchemists
>Spanish and Italian High Church Priests and Bishops sent to tame the wild demon infested lands of the new world
>Lesser known groups like Finn and Hybern folk magic/shamanism
>African beliefs and customs
>Native islander skills and beliefs
>Turkish/Middle Eastern imported magics from far off
>>
>>86097502
I can see wind magic being a big one, since doldrums is a huge issue that can kill off a ship. Calming and turning evil spirits is another.

Priestly magic might be the more important need for survival on almost all ships, to the point of no one setting sail without a ship chaplain on board to help keep away the evil spirits, ask the gods for favorable wind, or a calm to storms, then purifying water stores is a big one too. Keeping disease down is the second major issue.

A Ship's cartographer might be a ship's diviner who reads ancient scrolls and runes to discover not only their location but safe passage through dangerous monster infested waters.

>>86097772
A ships wizard would be one of the officers, an educated man set apart from the typical illiterate seamen of the crew.

I can see a lot of pirate crews rallying around a single fairly powerful wizard of some kind promising them a measure of protection from the dangers of the water and a promise of success in their power.
>>
>>86100965
I would want to avoid the same old standard DnD races in any setting that is actually something different from typical DnD medieval shit.

do we really need to keep on doing the same elf/dwarf/orc shit more and more and more?
>>
>>86140704
NTA but I just enjoy the classics or clichees with some other additions and I'd personally go for it. Add some merfolk and fantastical sea fauna related stuff too though.
Don't think having elves or dwarves or whatnot is inherently bad, just like having novel stuff isn't inherently good. But I think these things are pretty subjective anyway.
>>
>>86140986
This is exactly the kind of retarded D&D nonsense that's made me leave past threads. Go roll crits someplace else.
>>
>>86141061
What are you on about? You would maybe have a point if we were making some sorta setting or running game together where it was either or, but we're not. It's just a thread about pirates and ideas about them.
>>
>>86141104
Which is exactly why elves and dwarves should not be mentioned.
>>
>>86078615
What are some good aesthetics for pirates besides the classic look OP promotes?
>>
>>86141256
Look at different navies from the time period you're interested in.
>>
>>86078615
I'm still sad to this day that the Sea of Thieves RPG is so shit. I've made it my goal to make a better one by hacking SWADE since 50 Fathoms hasn't been updated fully yet.
>>
>>86140986
I feel like each genre should have it's own unique universe that caters to the whole folklore that it stems from.

Medieval fantasy can have it's elves, goblins and dwarves etc.
Eastern fantasy needs rocs, djinn, ghould etc.
Chinese fantasy needs Hu Jing, jiangshi, Lungs, Kirins, etc

I feel like Pirates and age of sail needs more fantastic uncontacted human tribes and islanders while more stuff underwater like finfolk and sirens. I kind of agree just using the standard dwarves, but on a boat and elves, but hugging palm trees is a total lack of trying. At that point just play a DnD game but near ocean.
>>
File: GWStL9I.jpg (398 KB, 1456x1857)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
>>
>>86140704
>>86142093
It mostly bothers me when it's a modern fantasy.I feel like folklore stuff works out best when it's a modern day campaign and the elves are more otherworldy fairy types like Brit folklore depicts. To me it is the worst kind of lack of any imagination when they just have elves and dwarves, but in Seattle and every other aspect of the modern world is 1:1 the same.
>>
File: 219.png (801 KB, 595x533)
801 KB
801 KB PNG
>>86142093
Than its a damn good thing not a single fucking person in here ever once asked you your opinion then isn't it? Yep, just like how no fucking body in this thread asked if you like the concept of elves appearing in a game or not. Yet you still felt like spewing your opinion over three replies like it was something anyone anywhere ever wanted to see or gave two shits about in the first place...
>>
>>86138679
Just because something's impossible doesn't mean people won't try
>>
File: falconeer.jpg (138 KB, 1920x1080)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>86142093
I don't fully disagree, but I also don't think the three examples you listed are exclusive to one another. The world is a big place, you can have all of those in one setting if you have all those areas, or rather some kinda light on them.
Similarly if, which is what I was going off on, a generic sort of fantasy world got to the age of sail and eventually got their own piracy problem, you would very likely see the usual suspects among pirate crews or on their own ships along with finding the weird ass tribes and islanders, underwater people and all that jazz. Arguably the excuse of the age of sail and pirates as a whole gives you reasons to have melting pots of crews from everywhere that have an excuse for conflict or interesting interactions.
Mostly going off the original Anon who was asking about fantasy stuff mind you. Depending on how much you want to go all in on fantasy you might stop at tales of mermaids and krakens while you hunt a not!spanish treasure ship or you might have some dude on a roc flying recon to find that sea serpent you were hunting because it stole your elven gold.
Course at the end of it all you have to kinda make some kind of effort into integrating what you add, regardless of how little or how much you add. The world has to make some sense internally.
>>
File: Skull & Cross Pistols.jpg (147 KB, 1024x1024)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>86078615
What are some superstitions or beliefs the pirates in real life had, mateys? And what new ones have you created for the skallawags in your settings?
>>
File: 200w.gif (57 KB, 200x200)
57 KB
57 KB GIF
>>
File: RC Nav Map Big copy TEST.jpg (3.53 MB, 10000x7438)
3.53 MB
3.53 MB JPG
I'm currently running a pirate Pathfinder campaign. The "world" is more like a small sandbox to play in but large enough that sailing it takes time and effort. I basically mashed together two existing settings to create one big one.

My biggest hurdle right now is keeping the naval stuff interesting and fun. Naval combat systems are basically universally dogshit written by people who never actually playtest them, and as such are either clunky and take way too long to do anything, or they're cut down to the point of just being a quick movie scene for the sake of the players being unbeatable heroes. Also, there's only so many things you can come up with to make events, encounters, and threats out of in the middle of the ocean before you have to re-use them.

Other issues include: When players defeat an enemy pirate ship, what is stopping them from just taking it and claiming it? You have them quickly demanding the ability, since rules say they can, to command a whole fleet. Do you bog them down with minutia and work to make that no longer something they want to do? Also, almost universally they players will have no interest in anything you actually have systems for such as cargo, trade, and business as they just default to making money selling magic items from dungeons which are worth as much as whole ships.

Other than that, I've tried to make this the campaign I keep an actual written wiki/info resource for, but I just can't write longform prose at all so it sits incomplete and wasted.
>>
>>86078615
bump
>>
>>86147948
>When players defeat an enemy pirate ship, what is stopping them from just taking it and claiming it? You have them quickly demanding the ability, since rules say they can, to command a whole fleet. Do you bog them down with minutia and work to make that no longer something they want to do?
Institute a level related reputation mechanic that limits their fleet sharply until they are high enough level to command it. Tell them outright this is for game reasons and make no attempt to hold NPCs to the same standards.
>Also, almost universally they players will have no interest in anything you actually have systems for such as cargo, trade, and business as they just default to making money selling magic items from dungeons which are worth as much as whole ships.
Get players who are interested in the game you're running, not the game they're used to.
>>
>>86078615
Do ye pirates have parrots, yarrg? Why or why not?
>>
>>86103809
Space pirates need a few things to not immediately get blown out of the sky by the Space Force:
>the ability to forcibly board a ship
>the ability to outrun pursuit by the ship they just boarded
>a way to hide from the authorities' sensors
These are all setting dependent. For a space piracy setting I like either diamond hard scifi, basically IRL plus fast fusion engines and a few improvements to other tech, or a setting where tracking ships going FTL is impossible beyond a certain range so the dynamics are like an uncharted ocean full of island chains. Think WW2 in the Pacific or Golden Age piracy with telescopes on high ground.

In the IRL case, simple light lag and orbital mechanics will prevent any government from spanning multiple worlds until you get Expanse tier drives, so space pirates setting up in the asteroid belt or the rings and moons of Jupiter and Saturn would survive long enough to make a good setting out of it rather than just "oh yeah we fired an Interplanetary Yeet Missile and killed them all, the end."
>>
>>86149073
>Get players who are interested in the game you're running, not the game they're used to.
"Disband your friend group and find new people because they don't fully immerse themselves in the side mechanics of a campaign" is such a wild take it could only be the base-level thought of someone who has literally never actually been in a gaming group in his life, which I suppose is why someone on /tg/ would think it.

Especially because you think that there is some way to somehow screen for that shit when putting together your new, "better" group.
>>
>>86147948
Not all ships are created equal. If your players need a better ship than you give them as starting equipment to reach the dungeons with magic items, they'll have to give a shit.
>>
>>86151343
I've read this post over and over and I can't figure out what point it is trying to make other than being a weird tautology
>>
Why is it always Caribbean palm trees and flintlocks with pirates?
I want arctic diesel-punk pirate setting! Maybe throw in a submarine
>>
>>86151405
If you put "get better ships/supplies/cargo" as an obstacle in front of the dungeon, then they can't avoid engaging with that side of things.
>>86151211
I have changed groups to get players interested in what I want to run, and I don't think that's controversial. You could also look at it the other way. If you're unwilling to change groups and your players only want one sort of thing, put other sorts out of your mind and let them bother you no longer.
>>
>>86152058
Because most people associate pirates with the Golden Age of Piracy, not without reason
>>
>>86154106
Honestly, every few months I come to /tg/ to maybe talk a little bit about games or ideas and stuff and I'm instantly reminded of how stupid you all are.
>>
>>86152058
Dieselpunk piracy with submarines very quickly turns into WW2 since that's one of the things that dragged the US into the war. It also implies that naval air patrols are possible, which assfucks any pirates without an air force of their own.

If you want diesel pirates in the arctic, you're better off with a future rather than a past setting.

>it is the year 20XX
>in this hypothetical setting, climate change has melted enough of the Arctic ice cap to free up the Northwest Passage and make Russia's northern ports accessible for most ocean traffic
>but Russia collapsed after fumbling the Ukraine war so many of those ports now reside in different countries, none of whom have a navy
>Canada is still gay and unable to defend their northern coasts properly
>the US Constitution still allows Congress to issue letters of marque (Article I Section 8) and create privateers
>the US has no interest in anyone else feeling safe using the Northwest Passage, and so Congress issues thousands of letters of marque, with carte blanche to prey on any ship in the passage not flagged American or Canadian, and to go a viking in what was once Russia's hinterland
>>
>>86154494
>Canada is still gay and unable to defend their northern coasts properly
No.
>>
>>86152058
For the exact same reason Medieval Fantasy setting does not also mean space ships and Martians.
Or Japanese Fantasy setting does not also mean WWIII Aftermath with mutants in the deserts.

Diesel Punk is its own thing and just so happens to have pirates in it. That does not make it a pirate setting.
>>
>>86154211
What triggered said Golden Age anyway? And why did it end?
>>
>>86157326
A mixture of things, chiefly a lot of valuable stuff being shipped to Europe over the Atlantic and Indian oceans, poor management of colonies with corrupt/inefficient governors and the like and the aftermath of the Spanish Succession later on, which had a load of English privateers who were no longer needed by the crown

It ended due to the major European powers just bolstering their navies to deal with them and hunt them down, something like the pirate republic of Nassau was never going to last long without pissing off everybody else
>>
>>86158164
Great Show BTW
>>
>>
File: One Piece Straw Hats.jpg (372 KB, 1707x960)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
>>86078615
What pirate media do you use for inspiration for the pirates in your settings, me hearties? Besides One Piece and POTC, what good pirate media is out there at all, argh!
>>
>>86163757
Treasure Island and its movie adaptations basically created the modern pirate stereotype.
>Treasure Island
>Treasure Planet
>actual historical records of what pirates were like, especially Blackbeard and Captain Kidd
I tend to throw some sea monsters in as well as seizing ships and fighting off the navy.
>>
>>86154533
yes
>>
File: 200 (1).gif (629 KB, 500x200)
629 KB
629 KB GIF
>>
>>86163757
When I think fantasy pirates, I think Pirates of Dark Water
>>
I remember reading on highschool a book about Vampirates, which kept people inside the ship as "friends" to drink their blood, and also they could drive the ship during the day, or something like that.
>>
File: vampirates.png (241 KB, 600x250)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
>>86170018
Wow, talk about a blast from the past. I think that I read those once myself.
>>
>>86170018
Pirate vampires are pretty based, yeah. What about other kinds of supernatural pirates?
>>
>>86154494
>The US doesn't care if anyone frels safe
It only seems that way to plebs. In truth, foreign trade is vital to America's status quo. Piracy and danger on the high seas in general is bad for business both by increasing the costs of shipping and by making the US Navy look impotent. No amount of Russian prizes would offset the added costs to the Chamber of Commerce types who'd lobby get the New Arctic squadron shut down.
Big time piracy needs:
1) expensive warships (both accquistion & upkeep) due to low industrialization
2) export focused colonies moving valuable trade goods
3) war or other tense political situation someplace far away from #2 so that there's something worth taking and not enough naval patrols to stop you.
#2 also puts pirates squarely in the profits from chattel slavery camp
>>
>>86163757
One Piece is pretty based, yeah. Have you ever based anything of yours off of it?
>>
>>86172832
>#2 also puts pirates squarely in the profits from chattel slavery camp
Historically pirates didn't really go for slaves as while valuable it was much harder to transport and and sell them compared to other cargos. A big reason was small settlements didn't need/couldn't afford many slaves and big settlements tended to have a higher chance of naval presence/other law enforcement.

Slave ships were typically raided because they carried a decent amount of cash and you could always 'free' a few slaves if you needed more crew.
>>
>>86089093
Citrus Mimics.
>>
>>86169991
Chungo Lungo that takes me back, you anon are a /co/mrade and an elegan/tg/entalman
>>
>>86172832
>anyone else
>else
The point is to make it US/Canadian territory only to keep Chinese """fishing boats""" and foreign flagged freighters out. Force people to go the long way south or have Americans move their cargo, and to stop US cargo companies from tax dodging via foreign flag registration of ships.
>>
>>86089093
parrot snatchers
>>
>>86174645
"Parrot snatching" sounds like either a felony or a sex move. Possibly both at once.
>>
File: Skyrate.jpg (268 KB, 1920x1080)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>>86134923
In my campaign, Airships are far more common and useful than water ships for a variety of reasons so Sky Pirates are the prime form of piracy. Useful way to make pirates matter over land and keep the boating aesthetics.

Speaking of said pirates, anyone have pirates with magical or fantastical prosthetic limbs, more than just the typical hook hands or peg legs?
>>
>>86178004
You should watch Treasure Planet.
>>
>>86178160
I've seen it, and it's been incredibly useful in planning out the next smaller arc of the campaign. Pirate queen uprising and all that.
>>
File: carrack.png (348 KB, 559x475)
348 KB
348 KB PNG
>>86078615
Ay lads, what be the best piratin' ship, and why it be the Carrack?
>>
>>86179658
Define best and pick a time period, shitbird.
>>
>>86173453
If you make your livelihood from sugar, molassass, rum, cotton, coffee, cocoa, etc, those are the spoils of slavery. Even if you don't own or operate a plantation, those goods are the product of slave labor. Even if you never raised a whip or closed a shackle, the wealth of the Caribbean was the blood of slaves.
>>
>>86180033
get back to work, boy
>>
>>86179902
Seconding. Like, are we measuring the quality of the plunder? How accessible if it? What?
>>
>>86169991
Daaaamn I loved this is a kid. Used to watch it on VHS all the time.
>>
>>86078615
What are some interesting enemies ye can have ye pirates face in your setting besides just other pirates or navy? See picture related, me hearties!
>>
>>86104122
Think situations like the Iran Contra affair, if the explanations the other guys gave you aren't sufficient. It boils down to a governing entity providing weapons or training to a group of people for a specific purpose that serves the governments ends, then that same government disavows those people completely, without taking away their training or weapons. What those people do afterward is almost always piracy.
>>
>>86104122
Trading guilds and wealthy merchants would likely lean on diviners to help them find safer routes and times for their shipments, or navies use them to track down the pirates. Pirates might have a diviner of their own to help locate targets.

With the existence of water breathing and shape-shifting magics, shipboard sentries would need to stay extra alert. You don't want a saboteur sneaking aboard, then slashing the sail loose or jamming the rudder or whatever.
>>
>>86184157
Merfolk be a standby fer both combat and plot. Ye can't go wrong with an angry shore wench as an encounter either. They've been known to lie in wait in pory with surprises shaped like pistols or children.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (75 KB, 1200x800)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Ahoy, y'sea dogs! Fix yer eyes on me ship's standard and tell me what y'think!
>>
>>86190770
meh, it's ok
>>
>>86190468
>with surprises shaped like pistols or children
I don’t get it. Also, how would merfolk combat realistically go?
>>
>>86183133
I personally never watched it. What made it so good?
>>
>>86195354
Pirates, magic, undead, sailing, combat, treasure seeking, cool looking characters and creatures and a sultry hot chick
>>
>>86195707
That last one is always based. How badass is she?
>>
>>86190770
Tis affixed bove your hip, ye scoundrel. Causes no bother to any man.
>>
>>86197327
Y'have me on a technicality.
>>
>>86193105
>I don’t get it.
Angry girl with a gun or a surprise paternity claim.
>Also, how would merfolk combat realistically go?
JRPGs have them hop up on deck with weapons in hand.
>>
>>
File: 93022.jpg (1.3 MB, 2592x1944)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>>
>>
>>86204860
Where are the damn naval battles, CA?
>>
>11 days later, bumpfag reign is uncontested
Remind me: how many months ago we've got the "Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!" message pinned? One? Two already?
Where are the fucking jannies, then?!
>>
>>
>>86206366
It's not a fast board, and people sleep anon. Please stop looking for bumpfag in all the wrong places. This isn't even the kind of thread he'd like.
>>
>>86207780
Literally no one else spams threads like that
Remember the mythical beast spam? That was shit
>>
>>86207804
Very common. Horror general uses single image bumps to stay alive over the US nighttime because every other Bong but me is mad for 40k
>>
>>86207780
>/tg/
>Slow
Your presence here doesn't slow down the board, anon.
>>
>>86113680
Arr this post be candle-lit. Stay wary, lads.
>>
File: AmBmeCs.jpg (192 KB, 1920x1080)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>86208873
Pirates would have plenty of experience with spooky things that glow in the dark, like bioluminescent sea creatures, ball lightning, or Naval Intelligence.
>>
>>86210532
Rival thread off the port bow, sir! What colours should we show 'em?
>>
What’s a good name/your FAVORITE name for the dedicated pirate class? Corsair? Swashbuckler? I’m making my own system and without going into details, these are the defining characteristics of pirates

>one-handed melee weapon/one-handed gun/both are encouraged by skills
>no defensive options, no mobility, pure offense and attack
>able to use skills usually reserved for two-handed heavy weapons with their one-handed sword
>>
>>86210897
Strike 'em red, damn your eyes! Send 'em down to Davey!
>>
>>86212072
>no mobility
Dumb, this was the only way they escaped the law.
>>
>>86212072
>no defensive options, no mobility, pure offense and attack
>Literally famous for swashbuckling, the use of a buckler
>Media inspirations are famous for high mobility, swinging and careening across decks
>Defined by the highly mobile defensive technology of SHIPS
>Class based systems
You are a failure at life.
>>86212246
Aye, sir: red pennant, no quarter! Look lively, you mangy curs! Powder and shot to their places!
>>
>>86092493
Holy shit. I've been gone for a week due to work and this thread is still up? Gonna need to read through it.
>>
File: 1647272212807.jpg (375 KB, 1920x1080)
375 KB
375 KB JPG
>>86212072
No need fer fancy names lad, leave those to the landlubbers, we be pirates, simple as
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCocHyTVtpo
>>
>>86212773
>bucklers aren’t commonly associated with pirates in pop culture and historically were very rare since technology invalidated them
>piloting a ship can’t really be included in a characters mobility option.
>>
Holy shit a pirate thread! If y'all got photo dump requests, hit me up.

>>86212072
>>86212773
>>86213446
So I can actually answer this, because swashbuckler doesn't actually have a connotation to piracy until the 20th century, especially around the '20s through '30s.

The word itself originates sometime in the 16th century, but is specifically used to describe street fighters, duelists, and other violent types who would look really swash, or strike their bucklers with their rapiers to challenge people. Honestly, Errol Flynn and his like are the main route for calling pirates swashbucklers.

Now let's talk about the word buccaneers though, which comes from the root word boucanier>>86213446
, who were traders of the islands of Hispaniola, who would sell boucanée (smoked meat) made of feral pigs on the islands.

If times were lean, or they saw opportunity, instead of resupplying ships with dried meat, they would commit acts of piracy. In game terms, add land survival, hunting, and cooking skills I suppose?

Pic related
>>
>>
>>86214674
Pirate weapons dump please.
>>
>>86082222
ARRRR WHO NEEDS BOOTY WHEN YOU GOTS TEN SALTY DOGS READY TO WHIFF YOO HOO AND A BOTTLE OF RUM
>>
>>86216346
Don't you just hate it when your god abandons you, so you find a disciple of ultimate darkness, gank him in his sleep, eat him, stick his testicles in reliquaries, and use said testicle reliquaries to give yourself magical powers until you become a born-again christian and start a family? Really butters my biscuit, that.
>>
>>86198466
What weapons would they even use? Tridents seem cliché, and are there any ranged weapons that would work well both in and out of the water?
>>
>>86217615
Spears, nets, harpoons, hook on a rope
>>
File: gladiator17.jpg (454 KB, 2048x3072)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
>>86217753
This. Merfolk who primarily operate underwater will want to use things that won't drag them down so much. Spears and harpoons (and tridents, yes) are obvious because it's easier to thrust with a point underwater than to swing wide with anything; nets are to trap anything swimming by or otherwise slow them down, and hooks are to drag things where you want.
>>
>>86219473
Here's a thought, wouldn't merfolk make good pirates? I mean, it makes sense, right?
>>
>>86223222
And why would merfolk desire gold and other trappings?
>>
>>86223241
It's shiny, it glistens, and humans want it!
>>
>>86223222
Depends.
Ships would have many advantages over merfolk. Principally, they move pretty fucking fast and very consistently. You'd have to use an even more limited version of pirate tactics (literally watching arms-reach straits and shallows) to find areas where you could swim up to a sailing vessel.
Merfolk would have no ability to use cannon to disable or depopulate a ship. They have to rely on either boring holes in the hull (destroying much of the cargo) or boarding tactics. Those boarding tactics are basically "climb vertically up the side of a ship and get fucking annihilated by swivel guns."
>>
>>86223940
Well, what if they can grow legs? Or if they’re the kind that have legs naturally.
>>
>>86223241
Mermaids usually want human men, right? Attacking ships full of gold gets them men directly but also men chasing the treasure.
>>
File: 1660245771837653.png (437 KB, 456x427)
437 KB
437 KB PNG
What would you guys say are good starter weapons to give to my character in an upcoming pirate themed game who's basic character description is
>Guy who isn't really a pirate himself but bought his way onto a ship for fun because he knows how to repair a ship when needed and wanted to leave home for adventures, and so on
Never done a pirate setting before so I don't want to cock it up right out of the gate, even thought this is probably just a dumb question anyway.
>>
>>86227487
Shipwrights are well off men. They need a damned good reason to throw that away to go pirate. Make sure your backstory takes that into account.
>>
>>86227563
Oh don't worry, I've sprinkled just enough generic tragic backstory(tm) to justify my character in what will probably be an ultimately casual game between friends.
>>
File: merfolk woman.png (312 KB, 500x848)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
>>86226762
>>
>>86226762
Why do they want human men? Do they not have men of their own or something? And how do they even take them captive without risking drowning them?
>>
>>86231394
>Why do they want human men?
For food and reproduction.
>Do they not have men of their own or something?
In most myths, no. It's only RPG settings that came up with "merfolk" to avoid that aspect and elevate them to a playable race.
>And how do they even take them captive without risking drowning them?
They don't lmao. Enjoy your last snusnu on the way down.
>>
File: 234.jpg (742 KB, 1200x900)
742 KB
742 KB JPG
>>
>>86227487
Pistol and dagger, like any gentleman of the 18th century. He can escalate to heavier weapons if and when that becomes necessary.
>>
>>86231394
Sometimes love, sometimes food, sometimes they just want to drown people like all the other water spirits. There is so much random folklore about mermaids or similar that you can probably find whatever you want the excuse to be.
>>
>>86225477
That doesn't really help. What they need to grow is a stable floating platform for cannon. Or maybe a weather control device and then just pillage whatever sinks to them.
>>
>>86078615
Would goblins make a good pirate race? Or would you prefer it be another, me mateys?
>>
>>86237316
Humans. Regular humans. Everyone else is too autistic or doesn't have the generality you'd need to make a good pirate.
>>
>>86118276
This nigga so black he's blue.
>>
>>86237816
The whitest man in Detroit.
>>
File: gnolls.png (498 KB, 800x482)
498 KB
498 KB PNG
I rolled randomly and got a gnoll pirate for my next character. What's the best way to get in character, mateys?
>>
>>86238108
Depends on whether it's a land campaign or sea campaign. If it's a land campaign, you need a good excuse for your gnoll pirate to be away from port/their ship (e.g. shipwrecked and need money/supplies to repair/rebuild the ship, etc.). It also depends on how important this gnoll pirate is within its crew; not every pirate you meet can be a pirate captain.
>>
>>86238426
A gnoll pirate would be an assistant bilge-plug or something.
>>
File: 1651684648556.jpg (349 KB, 1920x1080)
349 KB
349 KB JPG
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: jeremy-cole-asset.jpg (773 KB, 1920x2562)
773 KB
773 KB JPG
>>
>>
File: the-inkogre-leora.jpg (495 KB, 1920x1920)
495 KB
495 KB JPG
>>
File: dongjun-seo-pirate7.jpg (646 KB, 1920x3251)
646 KB
646 KB JPG
>>
>>86237562
>>86237316

I be inclined to disagree with ye, sir. For you see, it quite depends on the manner of goblin you're working with, aye?

If it be the sort dedicated to mayhem, mischief, sneakery, rumpus and ruin, you may yet make a ferocious boarding crew quite accustomed to climbing, jumping, and shanking folk for the sake of shiny objects. Granted, they be harder to reign in when the need arises, so ye may find yourself using them more akin to wild dogs than proper crewmates.

If ye can find goblins of a more industrious, e'en intelligent sort ye've got proper crewmates on your hands. Goblins are more than accustomed to climbing, their hands be good for fine detail work such as tying knots and dissemblin' things, and being as they are small and sneaky they can be put to work running messages as well. Treat 'em well, teach your human crew Goblin speak, and don't get to mucking about with magic much and ye'll have a right loyal band of bright green critters to help staff a ship.

And of course, if yer looking at the sort of goblin what dedicates itself to being a sexpot bar wench in pirate clothing, such as ye see about ya in this here thread... well, I'd avoid bringing any such goblins aboard, save as a Captain's pet or a source of replacement Goblins should you lose a few.

On a side note, do any of ye ken the likelihood of a Goblin fired broadside from a cannon surviving the experience, provided he landed on another ship? This be one of them... time-sensitive questions, mind.
>>
>>86241014
>Fake PNG
That's a keelhaulin'.
>>
>>86237316
Don't play with nonhumans. Confuses the tone of the game.
>>
File: 1533051742456.jpg (436 KB, 1351x807)
436 KB
436 KB JPG
>>86078615

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.