[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Lunatic Edition

>UA: Wonders of the Multiverse
https://media.wizards.com/2022/dnd/downloads/UA2022-WondersoftheMultiverse.pdf

>New Errata
https://dnd.wizards.com/dndstudioblog/sage-advice-book-updates

>5etools
https://5e.tools/

>Trove
The T̶r̶o̶v̶e̶ Vault (seed, please!):
bit<dot>ly/2Y1w4Md

>Resources:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread: >>85538797

How to roleplay mental disorders?
>>
>>85545764
You don't.
>>
File: nightbeast.jpg (284 KB, 1240x1754)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
Just in time for a new thread, I finished a new monster homebrew. A darkness doggolizard ambush predator.
>>
There's too much negativity in this thread. We always talk about the worst D&D YouTubers, who are the best?
>Bluh they all suck
Someone objectively has to be top of the shitpile.
>>
File: 504150-cyblade_kr_a_crop.jpg (299 KB, 1311x1920)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
Is Mystic as bad as they say? And if so, are there any good 3rd party alternatives? I just want legit psionics in 5e bros...
>>
>>85545832
>Bluh they all suck
That's where you're wrong, kiddo.
>>
File: 1586122211379-C536C.png (1.35 MB, 1189x1200)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
R8 my bad idea for a characters playstyle
>Drow (Tasha's custom) Barbarian Berserker
>lvl1 feat Drow Magic (at-will detect magic, 1/Levitate, 1/Dispel Magic)
Dm gives us Aberrant Mark at lvl1, I'll take silvery barbs and mind sliver
>ring of spell storing
>lanky wannabe wizard that hulks out and exhausts himself then switches to spells
>tattoos himself to keep up (spellwrought tattoos)
>fill my ring with levitate and silvery barbs to help allies while I'm sitting on 3 levels of exhaustion
>>
>>85545854
Instead you should play a cute beetle
>>
File: hqdefault-2.jpg (49 KB, 480x360)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>85545853
I didn't say that I agree with it, just presenting a refuting argument. That guy's pretty good.

Also what's the general consensus on Web DM

>>85545854
>Berserker
0/10 unless you're playing a homebrew berserker
>>
how much gold would a decent reward be, for a party of 4 individuals level six ? NPC will low ball them but I don't think the numbers make sense yet for my new players
>>
All my femboy elves have high pitched brooklyn accents
>>
I plan on ordering a large printed map for saltmarsh, should I get the version with locations numbered or the blank one?
>>
>>85545955
Because most things players actually want are part of their classes now, and there's not a ton that actually breaks the game to buy, it's ok to err on the high side with your gold. My favorite thing to do if you have a stingy NPC is to have the players discover a "secret" treasure cache in the course of their adventure.
>>
>>85545847
I'm pretty sure that in a world post Tasha's, the Mystic is is considered pretty fucking good but not broken.
>>
File: Darth_Vader.png (684 KB, 809x1158)
684 KB
684 KB PNG
>>85545847
What's wrong with soul knife or Darth Vader Fighter
>>
>>85545951
whats wrong with berserker?
>>
>>85546039
Frenzy is the only class mechanic that requires you to crawl into bed for a week during downtime to recover from it. Also the only official class feature where you can kill yourself by using it.
>>
>>85546039
Frenzy sucks, since exhaustion is crippling.
Also, battlerager exists.
>>
File: 1579713189888.jpg (111 KB, 659x1000)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>85545847
I played with a few Mystics back in the day. I would say the core problem with the Mystic is that its class document is just too long. There are 28 pages describing the Mystic compared to like 6ish for all of the other classes. The Mystic can do so much stuff that it's almost a class system in and of itself. This is also why some people say the Mystic is too versatile and steps on the toes of other classes too much.

It's also very hard for a DM to have a grasp over all of the abilities a Mystic might have, so you have players (intentionally or unintentionally) overpowering the things the Mystic can do. Ignoring psi point limits and instantly obliterating things was a common one.

>Is it really that bad?
Go read the "Psychic Assault" discipline and tell me that it isn't broken. Here are some of the things it lets you do.
>Uncounterable 7d8 psychic damage to a creature within 60 feet of you with NO SAVE.
>Uncounterable INT save in a 20ft cube or take 8d8 psychic damage and be stunned until the end of the MYSTIC's next turn.

Of course like other UA stuff that gets published, the Mystic would probably get nerfed into oblivion (hopefully).
>>
>>85546075
What is this delicious Korean elf from
>>
>>85545853
Based Prof. DM appreciator
>>
>>85545764
As comical and over-the-top as you possibly can.
>>
>>85546034
They aren't OP broken enough for retarded snowflakes.
>But soulknife is goo-
I know, but if it isn't completely gamewarping these faggots aren't happy.
>>
So my player is at the end of a dragon war. Their allies dragon is defeated in combat and relinquish all his power to grant my players temporary buff. Question is what buff do i give my player of 14 levels to fight an ancient dragon and his minions
>>
>>85546136
what color was the farting dragon? I mean come on anon.
>>
What would be a cool multiclass for a level 12 War Domain Cleric?
Assume over 13 in everything but dex.
>>
>>85545854
Custom Lineage does not allow you to take race specific feats, both RAW and RAI
>>
>>85546119
Soulknife is cool but psi warrior is so lame I cannot put into words how phoned in it feels
>>
>>85546136
Look at the epic boons in the DMG. Keep in mind that they're meant to be treated like ways for your players to level above 20.
But also be aware they don't translate 1:1 to levels for balancing. Good luck balancing your fight anon
>>
>>85546152
it have statistic of an ancient silver but deal fire and thunder dmg and also can imposed damage down and charmed/Frightened on fail save
>>
>>85546158
1. Can you get Extra Attack?
2. How high is your STR?
3. You should probably just keep going Cleric
>>
>>85546170
Psi Warrior much more scratches that Jedi itch for me. Maybe you're just a snob Anon
>>
>>85546170
>psi warrior is so lame I cannot put into words how phoned in it feels
It's a fighter, the subclasses are mostly just flavour shit with some utility thrown in, and it's still going to be fucking strong as a psionic fuelled fighter. Block damage, add more damage, throw around people, jump longer, and gain access to telekinesis, this class is exactly what a martial focused psionic should be. What else do you want? Psychic focused damage dealer? Soulknife.
>>
File: 1727215.png (357 KB, 600x600)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
>>85545985
Hard no there anon
Give them a southern belle voice or some soft spoken exotic but femme accent
>>
>>85546188
>>85546215
Maybe I'm just burned from the UA but compared to Rune Knight, which came out in the same book, it doesn't really bring much. Long rest Not!Battlemaster maneuvers for dealing and reducing damage is just eh. Telekinetic Movement is cool, though thrust is using your not-maneuvers to do regular maneuvers.

Just seems kinda bland to me, with a layer of psionic flavour slapped on top. I feel the same way about Astral Self, probably even moreso, where it feels they came up with cool flavour and slapped it onto whatever before calling it a day.
>>
>>85546163
>>
>>85546287
So... He's correct? Why are you posting this
>>
>>85546287
Correct. You're considered a Custom Lineage, not a Drow.
>>
File: Damn Nigga Read.png (36 KB, 695x208)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>85546287
>Your race is considered to be Custom Lineage
Okay, now follow me here, anon. Does this say
>Prerequisite: Custom Lineage
? Because your race is not Elf (Drow) it's custom lineage.
>>
>>85546287
This is your average custom lineage/custom heritage player
>>
File: psi bolstered knack.png (115 KB, 856x85)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
Speaking of Soulknife.

Psi knack allows you to roll a psionic energy die to turn a failure into a success, which only gets expended if it turns it into a success. My last GM (Campaign fell apart for unrelated scheduling issues) was of the opinion that I cheated because if I added it to, say, stealth checks, and was noticed despite the bonus added, I wouldn't get it back. The same applied to things like intelligence rolls, and he'd start giving small pointless "information" to justify it technically being a "success", even if I didn't get the information I needed (And therefore, failed the check), or perception checks where I don't spot everybody, roll the die, and still don't find all the enemies. In these situations, I'd just not expend the die.

Was he being a dumb bitch, or am I actually wrong? I think the feature is pretty clear, but he was adamant that I was cheating by not expending the dies because it didn't work.
>>
Speaking of custom lineage, why would any sane DM ever allow that shit at his table?
>>
>>85546351
Your DM is a little bitch, yes
Soulknife is one of the best rogue classes, but its still a rogue, so he's being a dick by misreading the rules to weaken you
Its important to note that Knack only worked on stuff you have a proficiency in, so it wouldn't work on a general intelligence roll but it would work on say Arcana if you had proficiency in it
>>
>>85546351
If he's stating that the roll fails, he's being a dumb bitch. That said, using knack on shit like a general knowledge roll is gay, and he should be punishing you in exactly that way if you were using it that way.

>>85546365
Custom lineage is fine.
>>
Anyone got cool celestial enemies for a lvl 11 party? I want to up the challenge since they seem to breeze through most encounters and not taking any real damage other than the ocassional monster crit

they're all evil so give me ideas to finally bring them to divine punishment! (or close to it!)
>>
>>85546365
Because no one ever takes it lol
>>
>>85546408
Party comp or gtfo
>>
>>85546370
>so it wouldn't work on a general intelligence roll
I had proficiency in Nature, History and Arcana and frequently used it to buff those rolls because it was a character meant to be more smart than combat oriented. At level 7 I had 16 dex and 18 int.
>>85546380
>That said, using knack on shit like a general knowledge roll is gay, and he should be punishing you in exactly that way if you were using it that way.
Why?
>>
>>85546413
Elf storm cleric
Elf underdark ranger 9/rogue2
Undead Hexblade Warlock
Hill Dwarf Echo Knight
>>
>>85546437
meant gloomstalker, could not remember name of ranger subclass off the top of my head
>>
>>85546415
If you were rolling on 'I want to see what I know about aboleths' and you roll a 1, the answer absolutely should be 'they're gross flying psychic eels, you spent your knack'. If he was saying 'you may roll to see if you know what an aboleth's weaknesses are' and you roll a 1 and he did that, then he's a bitch.
>>
>>85546408
Make it part of the story. Send a Deva at them, ideally right after they have expended resources in a medium difficulty encounter.
>they kill it
Send a Planetar at them, again after a medium difficulty encounter has softened them up.
>they kill it, probably
They will expect a Solar to show up next. Throw hints their way, make them worry themselves sick. Make them think that every encounter could be followed up by a Solar. And then subvert their expectations.
>>
>>85546480
What the fuck's the difference
>>
>>85546408
Planetars are CR 16 are often sent by gods to smite the wicked.
>>
>>85546075
>There are 28 pages describing the Mystic compared to like 6ish for all of the other classes.
You’re including the psionics rules and discipline descriptions in the length of the class description for the Mystic, while ignoring the length of the spellcasting rules and spell descriptions when comparing to the length of spellcasters. Pretty disingenuous.
>people were breaking the rules because the DM didn’t catch them breaking the rules
That’s hardly an issue with Mystic itself.
>>
>>85546506
>>people were breaking the rules because the DM didn’t catch them breaking the rules
>That’s hardly an issue with Mystic itself.
Yes it is, because ALL other spellcasters follow the same rules, and then special snowflake mystic come in with their own rules for no reason, which also happens to take up 28 pages. You need to know the spellcasting rules regardless, because NPCs will use it, and ALL classes in the game have access to spells and/or rituals. You ONLY need to know the 28 pages of bullshit for the one mystic player that can't handle not being the main character.
>>
>High Elf Divination Wizard
>Wood Elf Moon Druid
>Half-Elf Paladin

What would you play if you were joining this party at level 2?
>>
File: 1647116767353.png (1.35 MB, 1000x994)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>>85546577
Half-drow rogue.
>>
>>85546577
Bard.
>>
>>85546577
Dwarf Ranger
Favored Foe: Elves
>>
>>85546506
>You’re including the psionics rules and discipline descriptions in the length of the class description for the Mystic, while ignoring the length of the spellcasting rules and spell descriptions when comparing to the length of spellcasters. Pretty disingenuous.
Not really. Spells are a part of the base system, listed in a different section, and are something that all classes can interact with in some way (even the Mystic). So spells are more of a system mechanic than anything else. And it's still 28 pages of added complexity on top of existing complexity. If the Mystic had soellcasting and a list of existing spells available to them (like the Artificer), then it wouldn't be that much of a problem.

>No mention of the Psychic Assault point
Avoiding the landmines I see. Lol.
>>
I've got 5-6 level 7 characters that I want to throw a Kraken Priest and some Deep Scions at. How many should I use to make the fight tough? Are there other Kraken-related enemies that can walk on land that would be good for the encounter?
>>
Mysticfags will never convince me that their issue with Soulknife, Psi Warrior and Aberrant Mind, isn't that they aren't as disgusting broken as Mystic is. You have Psionics, in all the flavours you could possibly need, and you still aren't happy, because you know the official psionic classes are balanced, and that's not what you want. You HAVE to be baseline stronger than everybody else, because God forbid you have to THINK to be decent.

It's probably the same players that think Bards suck.
>>
>>85546490
It's the difference between the DM having you roll for a specific piece of knowledge and then punishing you mechanically for failing it and 'fuck you dm give me a bonus on everything until I succeed'
>>
>>85546614
Simply ebin my fellow redditor!
>>
>>85546577
Drow Soulknife or maybe some kind of Shadow Monk multiclass.
>>
>>85546658
TftYP has giant crayfish for minions and sea lions for fuck you.
>>
>>85546683
>'fuck you dm give me a bonus on everything until I succeed'
That's literally what the ability does. If you don't want the player to have it ban it instead of being a passive agressive shitter and changing it whenever you don't want your players to "win"
>>
>>85546623
>just reflavor spellcasting
Psionics are an alternate form of magic, reflavoring is a disservice and you might as well play a wizard.
>psychic assault
Magic missile with more damage and worse damage type.
The 7 psi abilities aren’t unlocked until level 9, which is equivalent to a 5th level spell. Synaptic Static is very similar to psychic crush.
>>
>>85546717
Ok it sounds like you're a shitter who doesn't want to think about the game so that's your answer
>>
>>85546480
>If you were rolling on 'I want to see what I know about aboleths'
Duh, obviously I wouldn't complain with a vague ass ability check like that.
>If he was saying 'you may roll to see if you know what an aboleth's weaknesses are' and you roll a 1 and he did that, then he's a bitch.
I always ask specific questions. It might be "I want to know how to best fight this enemy", and if I don't get things like, say, resistances, I will not expend the die. You can dislike that, but it isn't an interpretation, it is exactly what the rule is written as and how it is intended to be used based on every clue we have.
>>
>>85546720
>Psionics are an alternate form of magic, reflavoring is a disservice
Works for Artificer. Works for Aberrant mind, Soulknife and Psi Warrior. Works for everybody who isn't only looking for something that makes them a unique little snowflake.
>>
>>85546720
Also it should be noted the Aberrant Mind sorcerer and the (unpublished) Psionics wizard feature uncounterable spellcasting.
>>
>>85546824
Artificer is a spellcaster, their schtick is putting spells into items.
The psionic subclasses were dissected from the mystic’s corpse, the soulless new wave of the genuine punk rock.
But yeah, 5e’s package of classes having special abilities no other can touch is a severe problem with its design. Rather than address it you would rather vilify a class that solves it.
>>
File: 1645391174262.gif (672 KB, 512x512)
672 KB
672 KB GIF
>somehow the bad guy because I won't postpone a session for 1 person who notified me long after I checked if everyone was good for this week and everyone said they can attend
Yeah, I'm the bad guy for taking time out of my week to run a game for folks, planning the session, building maps, and all the other gm shit, and sticking to the schedule we all agreed upon to run a game for the group.
I'm the fucking monster.
>>
>>85546879
>Aberrant Mind sorcerer and the (unpublished) Psionics wizard feature uncounterable spellcasting.
Some spells are "uncounterable" (AKA with no components) if you are a sorcerer in the first place.
>>
>>85546962
>Artificer is a spellcaster, their schtick is putting spells into items.
Literally says you are supposed to flavour the spells as mechanical gadgets and tools, hence why your spellcasting focus is the fucking thieves tools or an artisans tool.

You can consider it a "normal spellcaster" if you are retarded monkey with no imagination, but they quite literally aren't by the very class flavour.
>>
>>85546750
>Seething without explaining why
You've drawn an arbitrary line in the sand and you cannot articulate why it's so important. If you do not like the ability ban it or discuss it. If there's nothing to be gained for a check, do not ask for a roll period.
>>
>>85547010
>Masters of invention, artificers use ingenuity and magic to unlock extraordinary capabilities in objects. They see magic as a complex system waiting to be decoded and then harnessed in their spells and inventions. You can find everything you need to play one of these inventors in the next few sections. Artificers use a variety of tools to channel their arcane power. To cast a spell, an artificer might use alchemist's supplies to create a potent elixir, calligrapher's supplies to inscribe a sigil of power, or tinker's tools to craft a temporary charm. The magic of artificers is tied to their tools and their talents, and few other characters can produce the right tool for a job as well as an artificer.
>>
>>85546879
>Also it should be noted the Aberrant Mind sorcerer and the (unpublished) Psionics wizard feature uncounterable spellcasting.
Only up to 5th level, and requiring 7 sorcery points. You'll be eating ALL bonus actions to continually convert spell slots into sorcery points if this is the path you want to go.
>>
>>85546577
>Wood Elf Scout Rogue
Inshallah, we shall drive the infidels from our lands.
>>
>>85547025
>Artificers use a variety of tools to channel their arcane power. To cast a spell, an artificer might use alchemist's supplies to create a potent elixir, calligrapher's supplies to inscribe a sigil of power, or tinker's tools to craft a temporary charm. The magic of artificers is tied to their tools and their talents, and few other characters can produce the right tool for a job as well as an artificer.
Exactly. You aren't just casting spells like a common wizard, you are using tools to create the effects.
>>
>>85547010
You can give any class that flavour, but you have to ask yourself what the class is ACTUALLY doing mechanically. Also Soulknife and Psi Warrior do not use reflavouring of spells so I have no idea why you said it "works for" them
>>
>>85546720
>Psionics are an alternate form of magic, reflavoring is a disservice and you might as well play a wizard.
>You can cast these spells without components
Woah, that was hard. Aberrant Mind already does this btw.

>>psychic assault
>Magic missile with more damage and worse damage type.
And it can't be Countered, Shielded, or stopped in any way.
>The 7 psi abilities aren’t unlocked until level 9, which is equivalent to a 5th level spell.
Except that the Mystic can cast it 8 times at level 9, vs a Wizard who gets 1 5th level spell slot at that level.
>Synaptic Static is very similar to psychic crush.
Except that it's way weaker. Stun drops monster damage output to 0 and gives everything advantage on them + auto failed Str and Dex saves. Oh and Psychic Crush does 28% more damage. Oh and it can't be countered.

The guy saying that Mystic advocates just want a special snowflake OP character is 100% right. Play an Abberant Mind Sorcerer instead.
>>
>>85547047
>You aren't just casting spells like a common wizard
You literally are. You can picture however you want but at the end of the day you can get counterspelled.
>>
>>85547072
>but at the end of the day you can get counterspelled.
>REEE I DON'T WANT TO BE SUBJECT TO THE SAME RULES AS EVERYBODY ELSE
MC Syndrome.

Play Aberrant Mind Sorcerer if counterspell is such a big deal for you.
>>
>>85547057
>You can give any class that flavour, but you have to ask yourself what the class is ACTUALLY doing mechanically.
You are using M A G I C to do shit. Whether you call that "psionic abilities" or "magic" doesn't fucking matter, and you are a retard for thinking it does.
>Also Soulknife and Psi Warrior do not use reflavouring of spells so I have no idea why you said it "works for" them
Because mysticfags think they aren't psionics. If you don't think those features are "psionic" in both the mechanical and flavour sense, you are stupid as fuck, and can't be helped.
>>
>>85547072
...So?
>>
>>85547222
It hurts my precious feelings and makes me feel less like the main character
>>
>>85547165
>>85547222
I never said it was issue, I'm saying stop pretending it's totally different and not at all like spellcasting when that's exactly what is. I'm not the guy defending mystic
>>
>>85547025
>level 11 Spell-Storing Item
Really makes you think
>>
>>85547265
no one's pretending it's "totally different and not at all like spellcasting", we're saying reflavoring works and is a fine solution
which it is
>>
Has any setting built top-down from 5e's mechanics - like Eberron from 3e - been made by WotC or a 3rd party?
>>
>>85547062
>8 times at level 9
Investigate the spellpoint system in the DMG. Exactly the same.
>can’t be stopped in any way
There’s several features, spells and items to stop magic.
>special snowflake
It’s the cure you fucking ape. It’s not about being better than others, it’s about picking and choosing abilities that best suit your character. Go ahead and play a “psionics” sorcerer who uses telepathy and telekinesis, you can still throw fireballs and polymorph people into cats just as any other sorcerer.
>>
>>85546170
Because the 3.5 Psychic Warrior had a bunch of utility stuff - in particular, the Hustle power which gave him an extra action; he also had Dimension Door at higher levels as a partial caster. He could also go down the train of laying down the SMACK by growing a bunch of natural weapons for a claw/claw/bite routine.

Easily one of the best classes of that edition, and the Psi Warrior is lame and bland in comparison.
>>
Are there any good tools for keeping track of basic stats and HP and initiative of a combat scenario for laptops that isn't fucking windows excel?
Hopping between windows and then doing calculations between this and that gets cumbersome past a certain point
>>
>>85547343
I don't... think so?
I think it would essentially just be Super Eberron, honestly.
>>
>>85547405
Eberron was built around some of the 3e assumptions about magic item creation (turned up to 11 by the Artificer) and WBL. I think it's part of why the setting doesn't quite feel right in 4e and 5e.
>>
What "emotional" moment sticks out the most to you from your campaigns? An unexpected death? A betrayal? BBEG defeated?

How bad did it hurt, Anon?
>>
>>85545764
I'm actually trying to roleplay a PC with OCD now. It's...surprisingly difficult. Alot of the symptoms are largely internal and the external one are things no one really pays attention to in a ttrpg. You gotta draw attention to how your character prestidigitates dirt off themselves every five minutes, or how only take rests after saying the same prayer three times, or how they always walk around with their favorite sword they never actually use, or how they say goodbye by tapping people three times on their left shoulder and all this other dumb shit. Feels like I'm just coming off as annoying if anything.
>>
>>85547431
well 5e doesn't "assume" you get any magic items at all
so maybe they're super rare and hoarded by the mageocratic elite that doesnt want dirty mageless to get their hands on real power
>>
>>85547466
also the 6-8 encounters assumption would mean the setting is an absolute hell-hole, almost post-apocalyptically so. I'm thinking 10% of the continent would be inhabited, the rest is monsters.
>>
>>85547509
A lot of D&D settings have the 4e Points of Light idea.

Instead of a fallen civilization for the magic items lying around, what about Sorcerer Kings that horde them?
>>
>>85546980
You know, sometimes life doesn't give you two weeks notice. Just run a one shot this week.
>>
>>85546980
You kind of are yeah, you can just push it back a week easily.
>>
File: fa.png (1.68 MB, 1017x1317)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
I think I fixed this, r8?
>>
>>85547592
You are aware that trolling outside of /b/ is a reportable offense?
>>
>>85546586
wtf is this outfit, shit looks like it takes 30 minutes to put on
>>
>>85547705
Leather, corsets, belts, buckles, tiny pouches, and capes are very important for rogues. No one knows why.
>>
>>85547691
i mean, if it's a trivial session, who cares
but if it's something big, or they all want him there, you kind of are the wrench if you're the only one who disagrees, even if youre not to blame
>>
>>85547705
this is the power of glamoured studded leather
>>
>>85547780
>tfw you have better attendance rate to sessions than the dm
>>
File: human bean.gif (1.23 MB, 240x281)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB GIF
>join party at level 5, valor bard
>now level 8
>I still have no magic items
>other party members sitting at 3, 3, 2, and 2 attunement slots
>items are hand-picked just for them (eg. warlock only, lawful good only items, no general shit like cloaks of protection)
>mfw
Why am I being bullied like this?
>>
>>85547820
Well you’re playing a bard and bards are whiny childish cunts
>>
>>85547861
>expecting equal treatment is whiny and childish
>>
>>85547820
Could be that either you solve most issues that magical items usually solve or the DM is planning to dump something extra spicy on you at some point
You just need to guilt trip the DM into giving you something extra nice quicklier
>>
>>85547820
Don't worry about it and have fun, if you can't have fun because of a lak of items, then leave the game. Don't bother speaking to the DM, never works out IMO
>>
>>85547705
What part of 'half-drow rogue' didn't you understand?
>>
File: CjcQBE6.jpg (38 KB, 362x346)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>85545764
>one player in the group of 5 is much more ask-y than the others
>can i try and learn this? can i take this? can i ask this? can i use this thing i saw online
>say yes to things i think are fair, a lot of them requiring rolls, a lot of the rolls fail too but they get some cool shit out of it
>this eventually escalates to the point of blatant favoritism where they have much more going on than the other players
>none of my players cares
>theyre just excited about the cool shit they do
mfw
i feel like i dont deserve these guys
this is just one of the things, theyre so great with each other and dedicated and i couldnt wish for a better group to DM for
just, to everyone, if you got a group you love: treasure them. have fun. these threads are always filled with negativity and i just wanna say, i hope you all have as much fun as i do with it
>>
>>85548021
I wish I had a group T-T
>>
>>85548021
Older editions had a face, some player elected (or arose) who asked all the questions and led the group through mundane decisions. Everyone else chimed in when they felt like.
It’s generally pretty awkward when the responsibility is spread on everyone.
>>
>>85547445
>Eberron game a few years back
>Party goes on spooky adventures through fucked up Madstone demiplanes
>Met a Thranish party and escapes with their help
>Their leader hits it off with the party, turns out he's slowly falling/losing faith and thus his powers after the massacres on the beach during the Day of Mourning
>Fast-forward to Level 14
>Party's Karrnathi Battlemaster chooses to awaken and take direct control of the undead army within Fort Bones, rather than destroy it to keep them from the hands of the Emerald Claw they're fighting
>Understandably, the Twelve and other nations pitch an absolute shitfit demanding its destruction and his arrest, an envoy from Argonessen even shows up to bitch
>King Kaius tells them to fuck off, the army is already there and you cunts all have your own superweapons, just let us deal with the terrorists and we'll put it back
>Everyone else is having none of it, drag the Fighter into an international tribunal
>Fighter takes the obvious bait of cutting through political bullshit he has no time for via Trial by Combat
>You can see where this is going
>>
>>85547820
Maybe subtly hint by asking if there's a magical shop around to look for barding items
>>
File: I Have To Try.png (294 KB, 640x349)
294 KB
294 KB PNG
>>85547445
>>85548167
>Fighter walks out onto the battlements of the capitol surrounded by jeering and cheering crowds, finally sees his opponent
>It's his paladinbro, who explains that he can't just let him raise an army of undead or risk plunging the continent into another war
>Fighter accepts this stoically and the two have an honorable duel
>Except the Fighter is winning handily because the Paladin isn't using any of his holy abilities
>The holy man finally gets pushed to the brink, takes up his legendary sword, and utters a prayer
>Natural 20/20 on a Disadvantaged attack
>His faith reignited by this literal miracle, he blows a full smite and--
>Fighter: "I use my last Lucky charge to force him to reroll it."
>16, easily a miss.
>The DM describes the Couatl emerging from his sword, wrapping up his arms, the gleaming white fire in his eyes and bursting from the blade
>But the opportunity for his miracle was just a feint, and the Fighter just steps back and smashes the blade in half with his axes before laying him out with a chest-shot
>Fighter just watches his battle-brother suck air through the gaping wound and go still, the divine light flickering into nothing.
>Then turns and marches off without a word as half the crowd weeps and the other half roars in excitement.

>One player is practically sobbing and excuses themself, the casual jokesters are dead silent, Fighter's player seems genuinely upset
>Fighter proceeds to give this scathing, frigid shutdown of the Tribunal and the Gold Dragon envoy backing it before storming out of Korth with his party to deliver his friend's body to his companions
>The party begins to absolutely lay waste to the Emerald Claw with some of the most powerful undead on the continent during the two weeks Kaius drags out the negotiations over the mobilization of an undead army.
>>
Am I missing something or is maximillian's earthen grasp is fucking shit?
>As an action, you can cause the hand to crush the restrained target, who must make a Strength saving throw. It takes 2d6 bludgeoning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
>To break out, the restrained target can make a Strength check against your spell save DC. On a success, the target escapes and is no longer restrained by the hand.
>As an action, you can cause the hand to reach for a different creature or to move to a different unoccupied space within range. The hand releases a restrained target if you do either.

so no only does it need an ACTION to deal damage with CONCENTRATION, when you compare it to something like spiritual weapon which needs no concentration and only uses a bonus action to attack
but also when someone breaks out of it once and walks away 5 feet the spell is just over because you need an action to move it and then another action to try and grab someone while praying they didn't move another 5 feet
>>
>>85546222
>southern belle
I am fully erect
>>
>>85548213
It's just okay.
There's not much hard crowd control at low level. It's good against caster enemies which won't have high STR.
>>
>>85548213
Its okay for low levels since its a debuff and damage in one but yes once the damage becomes insignificant, just locking down a singular creature with restrain is pretty shitty, especially when you compare it to something like a druid's entangle which is a 20 foot square AOE restrain
>>
>>85548356
or web which is similar but slightly better thing but level 2 like earthen grasp instead of 1 like entangle
>>
File: go fuck yourself.jpg (519 KB, 1200x1500)
519 KB
519 KB JPG
>>85548213
The damage is just a bonus that's only ever really applicable against things with high AC but low STR like casters with Shield or armored humanoids with a Parry reaction.
Grasp is good in the context of being a control spell specialized in shutting down small numbers of creatures, typically low-strength ones. Notice that the repeated check means the grabbed party has to make a strength CHECK (not a save) and it consumes their action; and even if they escape you have a full minute of spell slot-free repeats of the initial grab.
This is on top of any extra utility of generating a Medium sized, effectively invulnerable obstacle that you can move as an action.
It might not be as universally applicable as Web, but snatching up high-dexterity creatures, casters, and repeatedly burning Legendary Saves from non-flying foes is a great deal of utility for a 2nd level slot. I find it worth slotting, especially if your DM knows how to cope with Web by not running/writing encounters/dungeons like a braindead retard.
>>
>>85548179
Insanely gay to win by use of the Lucky feat lmao.
>>
>>85547374
>It’s not about being better than others, it’s about picking and choosing abilities that best suit your character. Go ahead and play a “psionics” sorcerer who uses telepathy and telekinesis, you can still throw fireballs and polymorph people into cats just as any other sorcerer.
Then play a Sorcerer and don't take those spells... You know "Choose the abilities that best suit your character". The answer is right in front of you.
>>
Question:

Player uses darkness on himself.
Can the sorcerer cast fireball from outside darkness into the darkness?
Rules say it targets a creature or object. But darkness is neither.
>>
>>85548179
Good story but >>85548587 is right.
>>
File: 1656128038496.jpg (78 KB, 723x520)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>85548632
Sorry I meant firebolt
>>
>>85548632
Unless they can see through magical darkness they can't target things through or inside it.
>>
>>85548587
>>85548650
You're not wrong but the dude was already kind of playing his character like a bastard so people being rubbed the wrong way by the move both in and out of game was totally on-brand for him.
>>
File: Capture.png (2.06 MB, 1343x895)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB PNG
>>85547445
This one is embarrassing, but...
>west marches server
>my first-ever evil aligned character
>farmer family keeps getting their crops raided by local orc tribe, pls halp
>we go to orc tribe, try to negotiate a peaceful bargain
>orc leader wants the farmer's daughter as a symbol of binding their tribes, specifically requires she bear his child
>wtf.jpg, but everyone seems to see no problem with this so I play along
>farmer's daughter agrees to be impregnated by the orc leader to save her family's farm
>I am deeply uncomfertable by now, but my character is evil, and I can't think of a reason for my him to intervene
>DM describes each hour passing as we're held outside the farmhouse
>5 hours go by, and I'm getting physically ill in real life thinking about how I let this fictional girl get coerced into being raped by an orc for 5 hours

Long story short I became phisically, viscerally ill from the game, so definitely the most emotional I've ever been over D&D.
Took me a solid week to get over it and I left the west marches server as well.
>>
>>85548734
you got magical realm'd my guy
>farmer's daughter agrees to be impregnated by the orc leader to save her family's farm
this is LITERALLY a doujin plot
>>
>>85547509
Not really.
>You leave for the dungeon
>Encounter 1: You run into bandits on the way
>Encounter 2: Dungeon entrance is occupied by beasts
>Encounter 3: The entrance hall is full of undeads guarding the dungeon
>Encounter 4: A trapped room they have to get through safely
>Encounter 5: A Necromancer preparing some undeads
>Encounter 6: A small puzzle to unlock a gate, with dangers they have to avoid using skill checks (Risk) or magic (Expended ressources)
Encounter 7: Gate is opened and monsters swam out to attack
Encounter 8: The enter the gate and pass down the hallway to the final room where the dungeons "Boss" is hiding with some of his special minions
If you make ANY kind of dungeon crawling, you very easily hit 8 encounters. Encounters doesn't have to be combat. It just has to be things that exhaust ressources.
>>
>>85548801
Getting nuked twice wasn't enough
>>
>>85548802
if the bog-standard average dungeon has
>beasts
>a hall full of undeads
>a necromancer with more undeads
>a swarm of monsters
>boss with special minions
that's pretty high-brow
undead alone already implies the mage is very, very powerful
>>
File: Death House.jpg (677 KB, 1196x1644)
677 KB
677 KB JPG
Does this place deserve its reputation as a TPK machine, or is it because players are stupid?
>>
File: 1546335687493.png (742 KB, 762x785)
742 KB
742 KB PNG
>>85548801
Maybe, the DM basically told me I was an idiot when I tried to talk to him about it after the game.

I got curious just now and rejoined the server to look up what ever became of that guy, looks like he got banned for something unrelated about a month ago (that game was over a year ago), maybe I'll try playing there again.
>>
>>85548834
>Death_House.jpg
IDK what this is, but probably.
>>
is the 2014 publication of the Player's Handbook the latest one?
>>
>>85547677
a-anyone?
>>
>>85548834
Kinda. I think it is supposed to set the tone as threatening

Especially new players
>>
>>85548828
>undead alone already implies the mage is very, very powerful
Not really. NPCs aren't bound by PC rules. It doesn't have to be a CR9 necromancer, it can be any smuck mage that happens to have found a fancy ritual that lets the undead left there by something stronger stay behind, while he just took control of them. I've run exactly something like this for a party of 4 level 5s.
>inb4 level 5 is somehow high-brow
If you follow rules as written, the classic necromancer with lots of undead straight up doesn't happen, ever. Even a powerful lich will never have more than a handful of weak skeletons or zombies.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (880 KB, 1200x900)
880 KB
880 KB PNG
>>85548834
A bit of both, I'd say. Enough that many a storyshitter felt the need to pussify it.
>>
>>85548834
Yes, unless the party has advance knowledge of the dungeon there's three encounters that will easily TPK a party on one or two rolls, namely
>The Ghoul room (paralyze death spiral)
>The Shadow room (martial-crippler)
>The Shambling Mound (just straight up statchecking a level 3 party)
>>
>>85548834
Only because some of it relies on meta knowledge your characters wouldn't have, and playing purely in-character means someone likely HAS to die.

Any scenario/dungeon/campaign that relies on players using OOC knowledge to not die, is absolutely fucking terrible.
>>
>>85548887
How does it rely on ooc info?
>>
>>85548848
anon if that doesnt sound like a porn plot to you i dont know what does
>>
>>85546222
>soft femboy in frilly dresses and poofy hats that says things like "sugah" and "oh mah stars"
I want to play this character
>>
>>85548871
Calling fat girl a "storyshitter" is only accurate insofar as she will shit up your story if she runs it
>>
>>85549002
>fat girl
>'running'
ohnononono
>>
>>85549030
Sorry, I meant 'slow jogs' it
>>
>make edgelord warlock that is written like a mary sue
>GOO patron
>patron is actually an overweight nerdy college girl in our world that writes fanfics
>my character is essentially her OC that has become sentient that he has a maker that isn't of this plane
Could this work?
>>
>>85548632
>>85548653
The darkness would be a space. RAW firebolt can't target a space. Though since firebolt doesn't specify you have to see the target, you can still attack creatures and objects within the darkness. Just at disadvantage.
>>
>>85548828
Potentially, but it also implies if he's still preparing undead that he might be very depleted.
>>
File: img_119598.png (23 KB, 906x981)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>85549058
Are you the fat college girl, Anon

Also don't forget to name your character Deathpeel so everyone knows how "clever" you're being
>>
>>85549048
anon, that's a man
>>
>>85546222
>afternoon of working in the fields
>slightly sweaty and dirtied from the soil
>"well howdy boys~"
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>85548964
NTA but
>Several ambushes reliant on DM fiat to be detected
>Final area has the sacrificial altar that demands a kill, unless the players just refuse the adventure outright or defile the alter someone has to die
>even if they do that correctly with 0 input from the game, they get rewarded with a final fight against a Deadly encounter almost double their CR
>>
>>85549002
Anon, she drinks the Critical Role cool-aid. No way is she not a storyshitter.
>>85549168
Only in the loosest, broadest definition of the term.
>>
Is TFTYP+SCAG a good basis for a halfway homemade campaign? The dungeons from the former being the meat and bones of the adventure, and the lore from the latter being the connective tissue in a wider sense?
>>
>>85549243
There's actually zero chance she's a storyshitter because that's not a term with a bespoke meaning or usage, it's just some faggot anon's pet term.
>>
>>85549254
no, scag kinda sucks
read books like Faiths and Pantheons or Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide instead
>>
>>85549305
Getting big storyshitter vibes from this post
>>
>>85549330
nta but kys, your faggy term will never catch on
>>
>>85549330
Getting big storyshitter vibes from this post
>>
>>85548964
>>85549224
This, and some enemies (Read: Shambling Mound) are not at all realistic to fight for a level appropritate party in this campaign unless how to abuse its speed, actually play the rules properly (Which can get you fucked by an inattentive DM if you play theater of the mind), has a party with good ranged damage, and generally good luck.
>>
>>85549254
SCAG is kind of worthless. Use the forgotten realms wiki.
>>
>>85549323
>>85549396
Long Death Monk
>>
>>85549384
Sounds like it blows. Guess I'm running Book of the Raven from Candlekeep Mysteries as my intro to CoS instead
>>
>>85549421
Has nothing to do with SCAG being worthless as a guide to the forgotten realms. Also it's shit and overrated and you should actually factually murder anyone who says the words 'bag of rats' at your table.
>>
I want to run a year long campaign and make my players suffer through a hellhole, do I let them play Curse of Strahd, Tomb of Annihilation, or Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden?
>>
>>85549474
Icewind Dale. Icewind Dale is FAR better at the horror theme than CoS.
>>
>>85549474
>Tomb of Annihilation
that is not gonna last a year
>>
File: TS_1658721331.png (2.77 MB, 1920x1080)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB PNG
bros...there's a spooky crystal...
>>
>>85549474
Icewind Dale, CoS's danger comes from overtuned encounters but it's built around finding hope.
Tomb of Annihilation and CoS are also far shorter than they seem, so that's not a full year unless you're playing once a month.
>>
>>85549498
>finishing Curse of Strahd in 12 sessions

What
>>
>>85549511
My group did it in 9, all in October for halloween, your point?
>>
File: IYyuSik.jpg (55 KB, 459x542)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>85545764
>>
>>85549520
I genuinely do not believe it.
>>
>players who don’t live with us arrive last night, shoot the shit together while everyone updates their character sheets before they settle in for the night in the guest room
>morning, catch up over breakfast
>take a few minutes to look at the rogue’s car (he said a warning light came on during his drive over)
>laugh at him for having never seen a tire pressure light before
>wrap up my notes for session
>finish letters they’ll receive and notes to pass to the cleric and warlock detailing their interactions with their god/patron respectively when they prepare their spells
>just in time to take the roast beef out of the oven
>finish setting up the play area while it cools
Who else session night here?
>>
File: 1607677299510.jpg (116 KB, 720x720)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>85549348
>anon uses the term 'storyshitter'
>anon knows what a storyshitter is
>"AUUUUUGH ITS NEVER GONNA CATCH ON AUUUUUGH STOP SAYING THAT WORD AUUUUUUUGH IM GONNA STORYSHOOOOOOOO-"
>>
>>85549539
Soon, when we get back together after summer.

Well, soon-ish. It will happen at some point during this month, at least.
>>
>>85546222
Trips confirm, southern belle femboys for all
>>
>>85549531
We started at level 3, skipped Death House, and the DM ran a handful of solo/duo sessions beforehand bringing everybody into the mists before we started on the road to town.
The game wrapped up on halloween night when Strahd's fuckboy TPK'd us on the bridge back from Amberland, our allies revived us, and we kicked down his door to get the treasures back and end his ass for the final session.
>>
File: 1655723381548.png (382 KB, 586x448)
382 KB
382 KB PNG
Dropping a group after 10 very unfun online sessions
No dnd is better than bad dnd
Thinking about a goblin cavalier
Is mounted combatant worth it?
Honestly there is so much shit around mounted combat and ways to stay riding its wild
Between subclass, feat, and magic saddles I think you can make it work
Cavalier still sounds really helpful while off a mount too
>>
>>85549539
>laugh at him for having never seen a tire pressure light before
LOL! great story anon
>>
>>85546365
Because you want to play something not covered in existing rules? What's the problem?
>>
>>85549539
>Session tomorrow after an almost four month hiatus
>Have ZERO idea of what to do for the session
>None whatsoever
>Will likely end up just winging it
At least it's a session.
>>
File: 419454.jpg (206 KB, 1920x1080)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>85549589
Goblin Tasha's Beastmaster instead.
>>
>>85549632
>noooo none of the fifteen different race options in the player's handbook can represent my special snowflake character the way i want them to be represented
>yes, i want to have a racial +2 and a half-feat to my main stat, how could you tell?
>>
>>85549665
>Fun is banned at my table
Guess how I know you're nogames
>>
>>85549539
>session got cancelled today and we don't know why
>GM won't answer the DMs for some reason
>Player volunteers to make a new campaign
Bittersweet, but at least more will happen later on.
>>
>>85549679
Guess how I know you're nigg
>>
>>85549665
I think CL is stupid but your line of reasoning against it is just as idiotic. The PHB didn't even have beast races. That being said pretty much any race concept that doesn't already exist could be better served by reflavouring one that does than by picking custom lineage
>>
>>85549697
>The PHB didn't even have beast races.

What is your point?
>>
>>85549707
This post >>85549665 says
> none of the fifteen different race options in the player's handbook can represent my special snowflake character
as a point of mockery, implying those races should be enough. I'm just adding that they weren't exactly comprehensive in the kinds of races they added
>>
>>85549665
>>noooo none of the fifteen different race options in the player's handbook can represent my special snowflake character the way i want them to be represented
>Implying most GMs even allow all the PHB races
I fucking hate this bullshit so much.
>Retard GM: I allow everything from PHB, Xanathars and Tasha's, but please only pick races from the PHB.
>Player: Wait, only PHB? What if I want, say, an Orc?
>Retard GM: No, PHB only
>Players make characters based on this, show up
>Retard GM: REEEE WHY'D YOU PICK A DARK ELF LIFE IS GOING TO BE SO HELL FOR YOU WHY CAN'T YOU JUST PICK STANDARD RACES
>Player picks tiefling instead
>Retard GM: STOPPPPPPPPP WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS REEEEEEE
Fucks sake I hate how autistic most of the people in this shitty hobby is.
>>
>>85549498
>>85549480
I'm running RotFM for my group presently. I don't really feel the horror in the campaign. It's cold and dark and maybe dangerous, but that's dark fantasy at worst. Where is the horror supposed to come from?
>>
>tasha's hater
opinion disregarded, i accept your concession
>>
Anyone use 15mm for minis instead of 28mm?
>>
>>85549756
>Where is the horror supposed to come from?
You.

In all seriousness, no campaign for 5e is really horror. It's too high fantasy from the base game to really facilitate it. Icewind Dale just fits a more dark and scary atmosphere better than any other campaign released, but you still have to do a lot of work as the GM to amp up the cold and dark atmoshere and really push the gloomy and terrible place the PCs are attempting to brave, and ensure they don't have easy ways around the survival aspects and uncertainty. AKA ban Goodberry or make it require enchanting actual berries, not spawn shit out of thing air, and remember to not let them skip the weather hazards.
>>
>>85549775
I expect your confession!
>>
>>85549753
PhB Dark Elf is kind of pigshit, let's not kid around.
>>
File: 182267.jpg (235 KB, 750x521)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
>>85549665
>>85549697
>>85549734
I'm gonna market a Reflavor Bro hot sauce and sell it to you chuds for $60 a boo- I mean bottle

It'll be in an opaque bottle thats 80% empty and 20% hot sauce and its going to taste like ass just to be even more meta
>>
>>85549793
>banning goodberry
Broke
>driving home just how miserable it is surviving off of goodberrys in Icewind Dale. No warm dinner cooked over a fire with delicious smells and talking with your companions, only a handful of frozen berries for dinner, and all the while you're losing weight since you're only getting the nutritional bare minimum to survive, getting sickened by the repetitive texture and taste to the point where you'd rather starve, etc
no joke
>>
>>85549842
You would probably be a good DM if you aren't already.
>>
I still don't even understand how custom lineage works really
Kinda glanced at it but not very interested
>>
>>85549822
>so uncreative that he unironically needs books on books of classes/races/items that are mechanically identical except for maybe one minor difference
>somehow WE'RE the ones who are getting scammed by WoTC
stick to video games, anon. you can grind for basically identical loot all day in something like diablo
>verification not required
>>
>>85549810
So why the fuck would you throw a fit because a player wants to play it?
>>
>>85549842
I thankfully never had to, because even with the spell available, I have good players who like actually playing the game and not bypassing the fun of adventuring with level 1 spells.
>>
>>85549888
Basically, instead of choosing a race out of the book, you make your own:
>+2 to whatever ability you want
>choose a feat
>choose either darkvision (60 feet) or proficiency in whatever skill you want
>choose a language, plus Common
>>
>>85549810
>PhB Dark Elf
As opposed to what?
>>
>>85549994
Never really found foraging particularly fun desu
>>
>>85550067
Never play Icewind Dale then. It's designed around having survival elements.
>>
Making 3d weebshit character models. They're all going to be traps.
Which do I make?

Contemptuous feywild faerie or goody two shoes aasimar celestialock? Or a catboy but I don't have a full idea for that yet
>>
>>85549793
One of the players is an outlander Ranger so we don't need Goodberry to trivialize finding food, RAW. I could circumvent those rules or really push the blizzard angle, but that just seems more tiresome than mood-building.
Though, they're currently exploring Fortress Sunblight and I'm saving the chardalyn dragon launch for the fight with Xardorok rather than as they approach the fortress. They know Xardorok is building something to destroy the Ten Towns and they're scratching their heads over the double doors at the top of the fortress, but they don't know more than that yet. I'm hoping that, plus a more mystifying version of the dragon's town destruction schedule, gives them a sense of worry.
Once the dragon is on its way, I plan for Vellynne to provide them undead sled dogs fast enough for them to warn some, but not all, towns early enough for them to be evacuated if they split up. I hope that Sophie's choice adds to the atmosphere.
>>
Which magic weapons can be found in Curse of Strahd?

Asking from a martial optimization perspective.
>>
>>85550140
How high level are the characters? What is the rest of the party like?
>>
>>85549994
>same here, and i wouldn't ban it either way. That's why i said what i would do instead if a player wanted to be a loser
>>85549885
Appreciate that, I'm the Forever DM since it's the part of the game that i learned first and that i enjoy the most. most games where i've been a player have fallen apart because of weak DMing so i try to do the opposite of that
>>
Are there any magic items in DnD or it's official supplements that can strip a target of it's armor or at least it's weapon?
>>
File: diobloo.jpg (320 KB, 800x600)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
>>85549889
Yes.
>>
>>85550123
I think you should make an actual bear trap and put your head in it, faggot.
>>
>>85550156
Fourth level. Other than the ranger, the party includes a paladin, rogue, cleric, sorcerer, and fighter, but the fighter may be out for a while. Why do you ask?
>>
>>85550123
make them all but fairy first
>>
>>85550018
I think I keep adding those lineage (choose) options into the mix when thinking of it
Like on Deep Gnome and Dhampir
>>
>>85550123
>Contemptuous feywild faerie
This one, very based
>>
>>85550211
I was wondering if the possibility to use Sending had crossed your mind, and how likely the party would be to have it.
>>
>>85550163
soul
okay, let me put it like this:
one of the primary strengths of TTRPGs is that you have the option to reskin and flavor and tweak things, and it's much better for all parties that we can just say, "i have a variation of fireball that does cold damage instead of fire." instead of having to buy bloated huge books full of basically identical spells, classes, and items.
>>
>>85550224
It hadn't. I'm not very experienced with 5E and haven't interacted with much of the spell list. I plan to level them up to 5th level after finishing the fortress, so the cleric would have access, but the player probably won't have it prepared. It'll probably be fine.
>>
>>85550143
Sunsword
>>
>>85549578
ah okay so the dm just skipped everything to wrap it up
>>
>>85550159
You can always choose to target a worn object. Stuff like Shatterspike lets you destroy the weapon.
Disarm could be a contest or use the optional disarm rules
Does it need to be an item? Take martial adept for disarm
>>
>>85550123
Fairy and catboy now
>>
File: Screenshot_142.jpg (67 KB, 644x644)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>85550176
>Not liking traps
Gay
>>
>>85550350
>Shatterspike
Does that work on magic items?
>Disarm could be a contest or use the optional disarm rules
That could work since I slightly edge the guy out in strength, but with his armor, he still way outmaneuvers me and gets advantage on avoiding getting grappled. Though I DO have sentinel.
>Does it need to be an item? Take martial adept for disarm
It doesn't necessarily need to be. I just think it's gonna be a while before I level up again and I can't find any paladin spells that would work for this.
>>
>>85550256
One of the strengths and differentiation between classes is precisely their ability to change stuff like this.
It grates slightly when I'm a sorcerer with the ability to change damage type of a spell through a chargen resource and a daily limited resources and then there is a wizard who he allows to simply prepare a cold one at the expense of an arcane check. Or a bard who took spirit guardians as a magical secret only to have the druid say 'but I deserve this too'. Or even at the lower end of the scale, I'm a paladin who has spend money for a backup hammer only for a PAM fighter to say 'but I can strike with the butt/flat of my hammer so I get to exploit the vulnerability of skeletal creatures on all of my attacks'
Having class differentiation is a good thing, not just an homogenous mess
That said, all of this would be solved by replacing classes with a skill tree/sphere grid
>>
>>85547820
Fighter (me) and ranger don't have a single magic item at 6th level. Wizard and sorlock both have 2 homebrew items that shore up their weaknesses and give them additional options in combat. They made shitty build decisions but the DM is coddling them because they're both women.
>>
>>85550402
What level are we working with here dude?
Typically, only artefacts are indestructible outside of mcguffin quests per dmg so it should work. You don't really need Shatterspike or adamantine weapons, they are just rather good at it so you don't need to waste additional actions
Can you get magical assistance? Careful spell grease might help, or Enhance Ability from a party member
Command is a Crown or Conquest Pally spell, 'throw' or 'drop' if it's sole item he's wielding is a reasonable expectation to have him discard his weapon.
Again, another party member otherwise can cast this, or you have heat metal (if metallic) or telekinesis.
>>
>>85550490
>What level are we working with here dude?
13th level, I'm a venegence paladin and he's a fighter. Not really sure what he is since it's some homebrew stuff.
>Typically, only artefacts are indestructible outside of mcguffin quests per dmg so it should work. You don't really need Shatterspike or adamantine weapons, they are just rather good at it so you don't need to waste additional actions
>Can you get magical assistance? Careful spell grease might help, or Enhance Ability from a party member
Not really, I don't think I can get anyone on board for this save for maybe the party druid. I fully believe that the rest of the group will try to stop me.
>Command is a Crown or Conquest Pally spell, 'throw' or 'drop' if it's sole item he's wielding is a reasonable expectation to have him discard his weapon.
Good idea, I was thinking of picking up a scroll of geas to do something similar since I can get my hands on that pretty easily.
>Again, another party member otherwise can cast this, or you have heat metal (if metallic) or telekinesis.
I think if I can get the party wizard to go along with this that may work.
The real problem here is I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that if he gets more than two unimpeded turns worth of actions off on me I'm deader than Halo Ground Command. Also now that I think about I do have a business card that lets me summon Mephistopheles who loves selling cursed shit in our campaign. Maybe I could see if he has anything like that.
>>
What if. We gave every class that gets extra attack the bladesinger cantrip attack. Now gishes can shut the fuck up. Magic initiate becomes a solid dip for some martials and their attacks become more interesting than
I attack bro
>>
>>85550558
Try it in your own game bro.
>>
>>85550558
I feel obligated to say go play magus in pathfinder even if I know you won't
>>
File: 1628765250715.jpg (45 KB, 564x769)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>Magic Circle
>Material component: holy water or powdered silver and iron worth at least 100 gp
Is just the iron that is worth 100 gp?
Are both the holy water or powdered silver AND the iron that is worth 100 gp?
Is the iron also powdered? And if so, are they mixed together?
>>
>>85550636
The gamer girl bathwater is worth 100gp
>>
>>85550545
Hmm, homebrew effects makes it hard to judge. If the goal is simply to deprive him of the main attack options are limited, but the game does make provision with the dmg disarm within the dmg
If you Abjure him, you can frighten him, giving disadvantage until you he takes damage - him losing his sword isn't technically damage
Staggering/Blinding/Wrathful Smite
If you have some prep, Find Greater Steed Dire Wolf/Rhino/Sabre Tooth gives you ablative hitpoints and a source of prone. Alternatively, using it on a flier like the Preyton (no opportunity attacks) and giving it a ring of spellstoring with Warding Bond, Compelled Duel (and stay well out of range) and perhaps Cute Wounds for when you're in a pinch. Don't forget to get married and keep them nearby for ceremony's AC boost
Just checked, command is actually available to all pallies, it's just an oath spell for those two
If the party druid is good to go, and you have the ability to prepare a battlefield, have them lace the battlefield with pits using move earth or similar. If you can buy traps or caltrops use those
Use can use Misty Step after you have done your attack routine too
Can you hire some hirelings to assist even if the other party member won't go along with it? That way you're making provision for them to be included in the fight, without being bored, and without sacrificing the 'integrity' of their characters decision making. They don't have to be any good, but surely you can bring something like a Mage, or a Hobgoblin Warlord. If you have plenty of time, I like the idea of having a little sidequest to convince a hobgoblin or duergar warlord and a half dozen of their bodyguard to come along, with a Booyagh and then having to deal with the fallout of that.
>>
>>85550780
Delete 90% of words and repost
>>
>>85550809
Sorry the internet doesn't come in crayon flavour
>>
File: 1638181525346.png (68 KB, 1291x412)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>85550780
>Hmm, homebrew effects makes it hard to judge. If the goal is simply to deprive him of the main attack options are limited, but the game does make provision with the dmg disarm within the dmg
Pic related is the stat block for the weapon I'm worried about.
>If you Abjure him, you can frighten him, giving disadvantage until you he takes damage - him losing his sword isn't technically damage
I don't think he has any advantage against frightne effects so that may be the way to go.
>Staggering/Blinding/Wrathful Smite
I was thinking of smiting the fuck out of him but blinding won't work since he has blindsight.
>If you have some prep, Find Greater Steed Dire Wolf/Rhino/Sabre Tooth gives you ablative hitpoints and a source of prone. Alternatively, using it on a flier like the Preyton (no opportunity attacks) and giving it a ring of spellstoring with Warding Bond, Compelled Duel (and stay well out of range) and perhaps Cute Wounds for when you're in a pinch. Don't forget to get married and keep them nearby for ceremony's AC boost
I basically always have a dragonell summoned with greater steed so that actually helps a lot. I also have a scroll of summon celestial I've been holding onto as an "oh shit" contingency.
>Just checked, command is actually available to all pallies, it's just an oath spell for those two
I guess I'll add that to the plan.
>If the party druid is good to go, and you have the ability to prepare a battlefield, have them lace the battlefield with pits using move earth or similar. If you can buy traps or caltrops use those
It's a BIG if but I do think I can convince him to see my side.
1/2
>>
>>85550931
>Use can use Misty Step after you have done your attack routine too
Shit you're right, since misty step doesn't activate sentinel.
>Can you hire some hirelings to assist even if the other party member won't go along with it? That way you're making provision for them to be included in the fight, without being bored, and without sacrificing the 'integrity' of their characters decision making. They don't have to be any good, but surely you can bring something like a Mage, or a Hobgoblin Warlord. If you have plenty of time, I like the idea of having a little sidequest to convince a hobgoblin or duergar warlord and a half dozen of their bodyguard to come along, with a Booyagh and then having to deal with the fallout of that.
I do have more than enough money to hire mercs after recent events, and considering he's still to an extent loyal to the bad guys I think that's actually brilliant.
>>
are there legible spelljammer leaks, yet?
>>
>>85546577
Human fighter and fuck all the elven women in the ass all day.
>>
>>85546577
Paladin because it's fun.
t. Half elf paladin.
>>
Do you guys use any third party books for monsters? The official monster statblocks feel kinda boring to me.
>>
>>85550636
2 options for materials
>holy water worth 100 gp
>silver and iron powser worth 100gp
>>
>>85551261
I see the Kobold Press books used at some of my tables, but I typically just homebrew.
>>
>>85550636
Just give the shop keeper 100 gold and whatever they give you in return will work.
>>
Spelljammer is gonna be great, guys. Can't wait to put down $70 for this little set.
>>
>>85551398
What possesses a man to outrage farm with twitter screenshots?
>>
>>85550636
Is that my man Giacomo?
>>
>>85551414
Hello, Mageguru. How much of a bonus does WotC pay you?
>>
File: file.png (165 KB, 750x375)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
>"oh yea, int savings throws occasionally happen" the monster
>>
Why are namefags always the worst posters?
>>
>>85551457
>fail once
>die
>WOOOOOOOW
>>
>>85551464
Dying to the mindflayers is a mercy considering the alternative.
>>
>>85551463
Put 2 & 2 together. Mageguru maintains all the D&D releases in the Share Thread and always happens to get handy donations just from thin air. No, no. WotC realized it would be more effective to pay someone to shill D&D here even for free to keep the name on good standing as they go broke from being woke. This is only the beginning, Mageguru. Expect me.
>>
>>85546577
Depends on how they act and how you want to act.
>they are a tight knit group of like minded individuals
Join in as a half elf eloquence bard.

>they are a bunch of chaotic retards
Straight man powergamey vuman battlemaster, combo break their bullshit and keep them in line.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (89 KB, 1080x675)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>85551498
>>
>>85551398
The shit's already on youtube, and there's plenty of character art. Get the fuck out of here with your racial inferiority complex.
>>
>>85551398
The Unbearable Whiteness of REEing.
>>
D&D is losing money so badly that they slamming out yet another incomplete Starter Set and Spelljammer-- a sad attempt at competition against Starfinder. This is getting pathetic. We see right through it.
>>
>>85551533
Mageguru has an... interesting past. Certainly not dedicated to this board. Far bigger interests.
>>
Space clowns explode?
>>
File: 1647549003437.png (17 KB, 1353x325)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
Okay I think I've got my pc murder plan figured out.
>>
File: space clown.png (344 KB, 645x507)
344 KB
344 KB PNG
>>85551584
They pop like a balloon filled with acid.
>>
>>85550558
There are already different game systems that try to make martial combat interesting. Turning martials from "I attack bro" into "I use Gish Cantrip Then Extra Attack" not only does not resolve the problem of unfun martial combat, it also complicates things for the dullards who actually just want to "just attack, bro".
>>
>>85551463
i need attention anon
>>
>>85551635
Dang you can read that? I'm blind
>>
>>85551637
As we learned from 4e, there are a lot of people who really don't want to think beyond recalculating their power attack - if even that.
>>
File: 1618621326065.jpg (31 KB, 632x403)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Should I make the switch to Pathfinder 2e?

I'm just really getting sick of 5e and its shortcomings
>>
File: poltergeist.png (756 KB, 800x668)
756 KB
756 KB PNG
here's a monter i made today
thoughts?
>>
>>85551659
I would give 3.5 or 4e a chance. I just don't like Paizo's stuff much.
>>
>>85549822
>reflavor bro sauce
Sounds based and delicious
>>
>>85551653
>Dying Blast: When the clown drops to 0 hit points, it pops like a balloon, releasing a splash of [something] corrosive [sulfur?].
Yeah this is giving me a fucking headache but yes they pop like balloons filled with acid when they die.
>>
>>85548213
In addition to what >>85548380 pointed out, if the enemy no longer needs restraining, be it due to death or other reasons, you can restrain something else, while other equivalents are a one and done deal on cast.
>>
>>85551684
I appreciate your help. That's so fucking weird
>>
>>85551653
Dude's camerawork fucking sucks, and he admits that, but... It's easier on a desktop.
Dying Burst: When the clown drops to 0 hit points, it pops like a balloon, unleashing/releasing? a splash of putrid, corrosive ichor. each creature within 1? feet of the clown when it bursts must make a DC 12 dexterity saving throw, taking 14? (3?d6) acid damage on a failed save or half as much on a successful one.
>>
>>85551708
A reference to the killer klowns movies, from the 80s and that I have never seen? All I know is I pitched them to my group as "Firefly Reavers but with Circus Music Playing During Combat" and they were fucking pumped.
>>
File: Rock Gnome Artillerist.gif (1.6 MB, 498x280)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB GIF
>>85549822
>>
>>85548734
lol ORKED
lmao
>>
Would you include humanoid enemies if you were running a game for kids? Or strictly limit it to monsters?
>>
File: 352.png (104 KB, 393x427)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>join online group
>have only ever GM'd so I'm excited to finally be a player
>have fun first game, but kind of annoyed by one guy who won't read the PHB and keeps slowing down combat
>next 2 sessions in a row get canceled because this one asshole keeps flaking and the GM "wants everyone to be there"
>next game is planned, 24 hours before the session is to start that guy sends a message to the group chat that he'll miss the game because he decided to hang out with his friends
>GM says no problem, pushes game a week ahead
>say that it's really not fair to keep doing this, I set aside my own time for this and it keeps being delayed at the last minute for the sake of someone who doesn't even want to play anymore, just creating these gaping holes of disappointment in my weekly schedule
>told it's just a game and to relax, real life events take priority over D&D
>tell them to fuck off and leave the group immediately
that was 2 hours ago
thanks for reading my blog
>>
>>85551861
I’ll be honest you sound like a sperg, but at the same time it really isn’t hard to commit to a day and stick to it. The only time my group can’t play is when someone is out of town. If the scheduled day doesn’t work we reschedule for earlier
>>
What would be the fantasy equivalent of a Decker or Netrunner?
>>
>>85551861
Once had a player put himself in a position where he was solo with the BBEG and room full of his henchmen. Tried to call out for the following session to try and get out of it. He was banking on me not killing his character if he wasn't at the table.

The fool.
>>
>>85551892
>I’ll be honest you sound like a sperg
Look, I just want to play the game I signed up and set a date for. I work too, I have shit going on in real life, and that's why it pisses me off when I've set a day of my limited free time aside and it just goes up in smoke for no reason. If that makes me a sperg I'm only going to play with other spergs.
>>
>>85545764
My group has been on this campaign for exactly 3 months and we’re not even past the beginning of the adventure path. Just fuck my shit up. This is so boring.
>>
>>85545832
Zee Bashew
>>
>>85551945
You’re right I agree with you anon. I am the same way but I try not to get so up in arms about it. Do you play online or in person?
>>
>>85545832
Im partial to DM Lair, just because he rants about players and has some based political takes

>>85545853
This guy is pretty good too.
>>
>>85552015
I knew I liked the DM Laur. Just started watching him last week
>>
>>85551900
no such thing, seeing as there's no internet on (most) fantasy settings
>>
>>85552006
>Do you play online or in person?
I used to only play in person, that was my first experience with an online group. Suffice it to say my first impression is not great when people treat it like a casual video game in terms of commitment, especially when a schedule was set ahead of time in session 1, so I THOUGHT that kind of bs would be cleared up.
>>
>>85551860
Giant robots are not out of the question.
>>
>>85551861
You could of just left politely and respectfully. It’s their choice if real life has priorities and more often than not they’ll probably kick the flake soon and would invite you back.
The game was good bar the bad player who will most likely quit or be kicked. Your autism got in the way of a possible positive experience.
>>
They’ll be back, in 2023. Mark my words. Do any of you have favourite adventures or materials from these? What would you like to see in revamped issues?
>>
File: 1561906383161.jpg (546 KB, 979x832)
546 KB
546 KB JPG
whose bright idea was it to give brass and copper dragons shape change only once they're ancient?
>>
>>85549002
Isn't he a dude?
I could have sworn he was a fella. What a shame.
>>
>>85552068
>You could of just left politely and respectfully.
I could have, but I was pissed off, so I didn't. I didn't appreciate being lectured that "it's just a game" as if that's an excuse for wasting my time.
>It’s their choice if real life has priorities
>The game was good bar the bad player who will most likely quit or be kicked.
Their choice directly affects me when games are canceled at the last second because of it. I am pushing work ahead and shifting other events around to leave one day per week open for my hobby. There was no indication this person was going to leave of his own volition, treating us like props while the GM simply allows it.
>Your autism got in the way of a possible positive experience.
My autism got me out of a """campaign""" where the gameplay consists of blueballing me out of game for three weeks. No thanks.
>>
File: 1608091651525.jpg (100 KB, 539x1000)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>85551605
>.txt document
Uhhh. Based.
>>
>>85551398
Are you seriously triggered by the fact that there's a black person in the book's art?
How do you even function in day-to-day life?
>>
>>85546576
because there are no other psionic classes in 5e. if there were more than maybe it wouldn't be as much of an issue, since they'd share the system that mystic has to itself, but they abandoned that and the mystic entirely so we'll never know
>>
File: 1656184309558.png (48 KB, 179x132)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>85552277
I offer my praise to our lord and savior notepad.
>>
File: 1591374734480-E06CD.gif (293 KB, 293x199)
293 KB
293 KB GIF
>>85546055
>>85546058
spoilers
I'm intentionally picking berserker because my group thinks "all 5e classes are balanced and made equal"
I intend to prove them wrong before the first long rest
>>
>>85551861
You Donut
Online groups are doomed to fail
>>
>>85552329
>this motherfucker doesn't know about Textpad
god it's like we're living in the stone ages again
>>
>>85551635
>muh space clowns
And you people mock Starfinder. Kek.
>>
What sort of creature would corrupt a lake and transform it into a poisonous swamp, and live in a submerged temple?
>>
Has the 5e spell jammer books been leaked yet?
>>
So one guy who applied to my table seems like a /pol/ NEET and I'm scared. Should I give him a chance or not?
>>
>>85552492
are you joking? this is page 3 of how to be a black dragon your dad won't be disappointed in.
>>
>>85552494
Enough to know about name related. Kek.
>>
>>85552492
wastrilith
>>
>>85552497
Do it and screen cap/record everything. Let us partake in your pain
>>
>>85552531
I mean there are so many red flags already.
>>
>>85551860
Sure. Kids like beating up bad guys as much as they like beating up monsters.
>>
>>85552510
imagine being so triggered by a black man. here is your (You). Now neck yourself namefag.

for the rest of the decent anons, any cool 3rd party stuff coming out soon?
>>
>>85551970
Isn't Dead In Thay a one shot? How the fuck are you spending three months on a one shot?
>>
>>85552557
then quit teasing and make a thread. I gotta see the tism
>>
File: 1659834950554.png (264 KB, 373x368)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
>>85552459
I neither know nor care what text pad is. The only text editors I use are Atom and Notepad.
>>
>>85552492
An owlbear.
>>
>>85552571

Looks huge. I'm thinking 10+ sessions at least.
>>
>>85552587
>>
/5eg/, i need a quirky personality for an extremely eldritch owlin aberrant mind. Something cartoony but also not obviously a ripoff of hooty or stolas
>>
>>85552604
Kek, but sorry if you're looking for the source I don't remember what it is.
>>
>>85552568
Oh look, half a page for fishing in space. Worth $70! Woohoo! GOTTA BUY 'EM ALL! BUY THEM ALL GUYS!
>>
>>85545764

So, why does this feature feel so weak past level 8?
>>
>>85552631
Make him a New Yorker. He treats his patron like the local sports team. Believes his home town is the best place on earth.
>>
>>85545853
>Doesn't think Critical Role is shit at all levels
He's just another in the sewage. Either clueless or spineless.
>>
>>85552654
it's basically a bonus action heighten that can work multiple times, plus a bit of extra damage, why do you think it's weak?
>>
>>85552649
That can't be half a page. Post the full page coward..
>>
>>85545832
i like d4
>>
>>85552654
Pro tip: summon your hound 5ft below the target under the ground and let it eat the 5 force damage per turn.

Basically gives it invulnerability for a whole combat.
>>
>>85552678

>Doesn't share init with the caster
>Dire wolf stats are terrible by the time you get it
>The only cool feature is that, a creature that can help a martial flank, heighten if you coordinate and the rare knocking someone prone if they have shit STR
>>
File: Herald_of_Tzeench-59A54.png (436 KB, 806x1136)
436 KB
436 KB PNG
>>85552678
bonus action heighten, that doesnt apply until the hound is in melee with the enemy
the hound cannot dash by the way, and cannot disengage so its gonna eat a few oppAttacks just getting to the squishy backliner
the hound wont be in melee unless you summon it directly onto the enemy
the hound has barely enough HP to withstand a fireball
the enemy can just walk away
>3 points
Its not awful, but unless you're using spell point variant and make your build based around the hound it wont do much
>>
>>85552705
It's the same cost as heighten, it just takes your bonus action, and it can potentially work more than once, what's the problem? You really needed that quicken spell + firebolt?
>>
>>85552697
I wish that worked but
>a point you can SEE within 120ft
>>
>>85552719
>the hound wont be in melee unless you summon it directly onto the enemy
why the fuck wouldn't you summon it directly on the enemy retard
>>
File: FZgvzqfX0AMMbu9.jpg (1.13 MB, 1536x2048)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
>>85552682
>>
>>85552719

I'm this close to ask my DM to let me respec into Divine Soul and leave the shitdow behind.
>>
>>85545832
Tim Kask has a youtube channel. Hard to beat that really.
>>
>>85552649
>>85552727
Why are there fish in the astral plane? how did they get there? how do they not asphyxiate? it's not water.
>>
>>85552727
Why the fuck would there be fish in the Astral Sea? They know that the Astral Sea is just a name for an extra-dimensional not!Space dimension that exists between other dimensions, and not a literal Sea, right?
>>
>>85552727
Well My apologies for doubting you. Do the books add any new subclasses?
>>
>>85552750
>>85552748
Don't think too hard about it. You'll need these rules for official Adventure League fishing so fork out the $70 already!
>>
>>85552772
I'm not a real tester but they're adding stuff like Hippomen, which are actually canon
>>
>>85552788
Rip I thought you actually had the book. Giff the hip happening hippos were announced in a UA then fleshed out in the spell jammer preview. They are gonna be better goliaths
>>
>>85552729
respec into Aberrant Mind my dude
>33-50% discount on spells with free subtle attached
>double spells known
ask him to use spell point variant btw to get the most out of this class
>subtle silvery barbs for just 1 spell point
Its the way sorcerer was meant to be played
>>
>>85545853
>Wants to be D&D guru
>Can't even handle alignment
same shit, different egomaniac.
>>
>>85552492
Seconding for Black Dragon. Fuck your party up.
>>
>>85545764
>mental disorders
Old Palladium had a roll table with everything from homosexuality to pedophilia, complete with side effects.
>>
>>85552654
How are you using the hound?

Bonus action for 2d6 damage and Heighten at least once still seems pretty good.

>Summon Hound, Disintegrate/Hold Monster/Hold Person/Dominate Person/Banishment/Immolation

You're basically a less powerful but more consistent Div Wizard with a bit of extra damage, control, and synergy.
>>
>>85552705
It gives you heighten metamagic and at the very worst, soaks up 40 damage. At best, it's going to give you heighten multiple times, hit/crit by getting pack tactics off a melee PC, get an opp attack, and soak up 40 damage. It's really not as bad as it's being made out and there are lots of ways to build around it.
>>
I love Spiritual Weapon so much.
I just wish it had more movement.
>>
>>85552788
>>85552800
Giff have been there since its first go-around, and their love of gunpowder is the reason hippos kill more people each year than lions, elephants, leopards, buffaloes and rhinos combined.
>>
>>85552745
Probably at the top of understanding what D&D is supposed to be (WotC is clueless), but he still has some odd quirks:
>Despite being at TSR at the beginning, he never grasped alignment descriptions (as Gary solidified in the DMG).
>HATES any variations (including pronunciation) of the bulette he created, while having no problem disrespecting/changing the creations of others.
>>
File: 20220806_215532.jpg (1.1 MB, 1536x2048)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>85545764
What do you guys think about the new spelljammer monster selection? Also why are there so many dark sun monsters?
>>
>>85552993
Increasingly, I prefer 3- (L-N-C) or 5-point (LG-G-N-E-CE) alignment to 9 point.
>>
>>85552750
I don't understand, you're saying there's no room in the multiverse for extradimensional space fish? We get hippo people and slimes and literal alien gith but space fish stretches your disbelief?
>>
File: 1589073220491-57E7B.jpg (35 KB, 480x478)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>85552937
>>85552968
>arguing about how kinda-viable a sorcerer feature is
>forgetting you have to play 6 levels of sorcerer to even get there
>forgetting >sorcerer the class
If you like being bad at everything aside from twinning or subtling niche spells then play sorcerer, otherwise play wizard
>>
>>85553002
>you can't loot the fancy weapons
BOOOOOOOOO
WHAT'S THE POINT THEN
>>
>>85553002
>chwinga astronaut
I'm in love.

>PIIIIIIIIGS IIIIIIIINN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
scratch that, I think I might owe someone a blowjob
>>
>>85553002
>murder comet
Sounds fun.
>>
>>85552748
>>85552750
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-XaaTqOICU
>>
>>85553015
There's Mageguru, right on cue.
>>
>>85553022
Yeah that's dumb. I mean why even risk taking a Githyanki silver blade and getting hunted if you don't even get a badass weapon out of it.
>>
>>85553007
i actually prefer 3 point myself.

>>85553016
there's some fun to be had with Extend as well. mostly on divine soul / tashas.
>>
new
>>85553127
>>85553127
>>85553127
>>
File: 1561678137472.jpg (136 KB, 750x1000)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>85553016
Wow level 6, so unattainable. And getting what amounts to an extra metamagic pick at 6th, horrendous.

And I didn't say it was "kinda-viable". It is viable. It just has different pros and cons than a Div Wizard. A Div Wizard can get high or middling portents and not be able to effectively control anything for the entire adventuring day, so it's very swingy. You either get a good portent and can destroy something, or you get unuseable portents and are worse at controlling than a Sorcerer, who has a stable, guaranteed way to impose disadvantage.

And yeah if you don't want to be an amazing AoE controller (Careful), a great buff caster (Twin), an amazing counterspeller (Subtle), immune to counterspell (Subtle), good at dealing damage (Twin), or a consistent single target control caster (Heighten), then you should play Wizard.

Holy shit, Wizard fags can't stand it when another class does something better than them lol.
>>
>>85548734
cringe incel DM and players
>>85548940
kys incel
>>
>>85548861
I've wondered this myself. My copy is nearly a decade old.
>>
>>85552727
That's not a full page's width, and I'm guessing it's about a half page in height, so it's probably a quarter page in total. Still kind of a pointless inclusion, though.
>>
>>85553253
If a DM can't wing a fishing minigame, they should probably keep practicing.
>>
>>85553007
this comment just made me realize... there are no Angels, Devils, or Demons in the Rules Cyclopedia. The closest is Hellhounds and they're written to be basically fire elementals, they just hang around volcanos and fire giants.
>>
>>85552068
>could of

Do you have 1 INT IRL, or are you just an Amerifat?
>>
>>85552497
He'll bring a new outlook to the party
>>
Give me some examples of high points that you put in the game as a dm for your players, or that your dm added for you. I want some events and miniquests to help break things up for my players so they dont get tired of the central plot.

For example, my dm gave us the chance to enter into a fighting pit with all sorts of wacky obstacles and traps, kind of like robot wars or american gladiator
>>
>>85552497
What's his personality like and what are your specific concerns?
My table has 2 open White Nationalist incels and they're the first and third best players. Number 3 would be higher but he cancels due to his kids sometimes and rags on the stoner a little to much OOC. Number 1 has a kid coming soon so I expect he'll be dropping, unfortunately

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.