[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Mb_5_C5w3_cL3oT_.jpg (144 KB, 708x1000)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
Honour of the IIIʳᵈ Legion edition

>Previous crusade: >>85533102

『Horus Heresy』
>Official Website
https://thehorusheresy.com/
>New to The Horus Heresy? Here’s Everything You’ll Need to Get Started
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/30/new-to-the-horus-heresy-heres-everything-youll-need-to-get-started/
>Official FAQ/Errata/Downloads:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/#the-horus-heresy
https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/#the-horus-heresy
>Thread FAQ (very old, remembers Age of Terra)
https://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
>Thread FAQ (suggestion)
https://pastebin.com/8riDmnhS
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
https://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Tactics/30k
>Rules and supplements
https://ufile.io/n1rnwpfd
https://ufile.io/w5m4adie
>Fluff
folder/yM1yWIba#ETw9ELPJmEScSrM9Wwj
>Black Books
folder/s9xQ3CiA#9a594y1utfRGxKLxiIy2aQ/folder/QkpUCIhK

『Adeptus Titanicus』
>Rules and supplements
/folder/s9xQ3CiA#9a594y1utfRGxKLxiIy2aQ/folder/p5YjXaLL
>List of Titan Legions with Badges and Colours
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Jccq0V--SwJifLVLwbisYnQeqLlS2pMSiPbGXp1Brs/htmlview
>More lists
https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_of_Titan_Legions
>What size magnets do I need?
5x1mm
>Tactics
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Adeptus_Titanicus/Tactics
>homemade missions:
https://clawsandfists.blogspot.com/2019/09/matched-play-missions-for-adeptus.html

>>HH Liber Astartes.pdf
>https://ufile.io/7nagbp1r
>>HH Liber Hereticus.pdf
>https://ufile.io/yx1ng65z
>>
>>85543796
First for maegarachnid supremacy and domination of the galaxy
>>
trying out some bases. which do you guys like more?
>>
Question for folks, I’m about to start sculpting and whatnot for my alpha legion and they have a bunch of formations that are mentioned in name only like “Rhatoshaen", "Shayatan", "Quaryn" and "Echidna" My aim is to build one or two of these but I’m not sure how to equip them.

My idea is that Rhatoshaen would be terminators designed specifically to kill marines. So what would be the load out for such a group? Also any cool ideas for the others? The only constraint is that the weapons used have to be part of the existing set i.e volkite, grav, lascannon, plasma melta etc.
>>
>>85543859
I'd say the left one.
>>
>>85543859
Left, definitively.
>>
>>85543859
Left has better contrast mate
>>
>>85543859
left for sure
>>
>>85543859
right
also, paint the rim
>>
>>85543859
Right, left looks undone to me.
>>
Gonna sort out the gem in a minute, but something's off about this paintjob and I can't tell what - what's off anons?
>>
>>85544023
Looks like the whole model is already caked in dust for some reason
>>
Gentelmen, which Legion enjoys the most benefits from running big bolter (chain) bayonet squads? I read up on a lot of stuff, but it seems that the legions that do it in an interesting way are the ones I dislike due to paint scheme or background or unresolved rule questions. The current front runners are clearly Iron Warriors and Deathguard. The Hammer of Olympia seems particularily fun due to pinning everybody, but here the new edition has one asking if Shrapnel Bolters are even allowed to take chain bayonets RAW. DG with reaping sound amazing and fluffy due to rad grenades and actually using your relentless tacticals to charge people instead of despoilers, but toxin grenades being traitor only dulls that edge a bit. Dark Angels Stormwing seems also fun until you realise you can not get Apothecaries in there with their special Centurions. Also black sucks.
Word Bearers are an option with Dark Channeling and being super cool lore wise, but ripping and tearing seems preferrable there. I know I can do this with every legion, sort of, but the IW and DA rule issues are a sad result of writing.
>>
>>85544023
>>85544062
I am unsure, maybe the dry look comes from dry-brushing? Or another source of sprinkled colour droplets in some places? All in all it looks very good.
>>
>>85544067
Have you considered fists?
>>
>>85544067
What's wrong with DG toxin grenades being traitor only? You're not one of those faggots that only plays loyalist versions of traitor legions are you?
>>
>>85544110
No, I just want all the options in regard to paint schemes. Dusk Raiders has a nice paint scheme, but I am unsure any traitor would go for that.
>>85544093
Arguably a nice choice, but aside from increases bolting they do not seem to enjoy much support for their tacticals. I did consider UM with Logos Lectora though.
>>
>>85544062
>>85544092
Dry brushes and oil wash tends to leave that kind of effect over dark colours, and it's had a matt varnish too so it's very "dry". I guess that might be it, but something is bothering me about it.
>>
Those ufile links for the heresy books are dead.
>>
>>85544110
In the end DG are just pretty “rad” guys, jumping into your trench WW1 style and hitting you over the head with a club while bayonetting and throwing grenades.
>>
>>85544276
As I said some areas lack differentiation from others due to lack of solid coats there. But I am worse at oainting than you so I can neither say why or how it could be fixed or even if it is a wise time/effort investment.
>>
>>85544067
First: bayonets are gay and chainswords are purposefuly overcosted so you'll attach gayness to the front of your bolter instead. GW has a plan you know. Second: Death Guard, hands down. Those fuckers are better than relentless, they shit on terrain, can fire the Fury after moving, crazy smelly bomb being one of the best equipment pieces in the game. >>85544110
>faggots that only plays loyalist versions of traitor legions
shut the fuck up you retard, if one wants to make a loyalist version of OG Istvaan3 legions, then he should be able to without artifical limitations.
>>
>>85544067
>Dark Angels Stormwing seems also fun until you realise you can not get Apothecaries in there with their special Centurions
Eh? care to explain?
>>
Am I fucked if I want MKIII and MKIV ?
>>
>>85544327
I realised that I skipped a step and didn't weather the armour (because I didn't use decals) so I've done that and hopefully it'll break up some of the surfaces a bit
>>
>>85544365
Thanks for the second part, in regards to the first part: Guess who stockpiled on Bayonets because he thought they were cool? This guy here.
>Phobos Bolter>All Others
>>
>>85544377
The special stormwing centurion that can’t leave the unit is an indipendent character and apothecaries can not join squads with ICs.
>>85544365
PS: I admittedly leaned DG from the get go since I dislike Perturabo and his robits more than Mortarion and his warcrime termies. Will write up some lists, shall probably pop a Siegebreaker into a Missile Launcher heavy squad. Reminds me of HH1 and poison frag missiles.
>>
>>85544365
Could just use the sheathed combat weapons plastic Mk IV comes with, just say they're unfixed bayonets.
>It's what I do. Have a bit of OCD when it comes to WYSIWYG, and all my tacticals have combat weapons on them from HH 1.0. Hate if that suddenly becomes wargear on the model that doesn't do anything.
>>
Question about the IF tartaros command squad: Should I give the standard bearer a melee weapon or a shield? More swings in close combat are always good, but a 3++ would go a long way to handle snipers and the like. Visually both look neat.
>>
Can a non-terminator consul join a terminator squad? If I have a block of IW Seige Tyrants, can I put an Armistos (has to be a regular consul, no terminator option) in with them, or is there some kind of downside from mixing unit types?
>>
>>85544421
>The special stormwing centurion that can’t leave the unit is an indipendent character and apothecaries can not join squads with ICs.
Stormwing RoW is a stinking pile of shit that doesn't make sense anon. You gain literally nothing and even if those centurions were free (they are not) it wouldn't have been worth considering.
>>
>>85544456
>Should I give the standard bearer a melee weapon or a shield?
What?
>>
>>85544500
I meant force org free, they take no slots. I had such high hooes for that rite in 2.0. If they allowed apothecaries I might have been swayed.
>>
>>85544479
>Can a non-terminator consul join a terminator squad?
yes
>or is there some kind of downside from mixing unit types?
You lose Inexorable which is a big deal
>>
>>85544479
Well, you'll want a Heavy to join Heavy squads so you can benefit from that rule, but that's pretty much it.
Plus it looks like shit, so there's that.
>>
>>85544456
Depends what the unit is doing I suppose, the mellee output is probably better than the survivability boost from 5++ to 3++.
Id lean towards the thunderhammer, if he was catathracti I wouldn't give it a second thought though.
>>
>>85544456
You can't give the standard bearer a shield, because he doesn't come with a combi-bolter anon.
>>
>>85544529
Yes, it can. The stock power weapon can be replaced with a free combi-bolter, which then can then be replaced by a vigil storm shield.
>>
>>85544327
>>85544062
Lads, is this a little better?
>>
>>85544479
>non-terminator consul join a terminator squad?
Yes
>Block of IW Seige Tyrants, can I put an Armistos
Interesting idea, though is he your warlord? Whoever goes with your block probably needs to be your tyrant for the street bullshit you get from that warlord trait.
>Armistos has to be a regular consul, no terminator option
Lol thats pretty dumb, I guess they don't want catathracti with lascannons. On the bright side you are still have 2+/5++ heavy and relentless.
>is there some kind of downside from mixing unit types?
Lose inexorable.
>>
>>85544517
Anon, it's probably the worst RoW in the game. Here' let me break it up:
>warlord, all Tacticals, Despoilers and Assaults must have Stormwing
It could stop here really. While your bolterdudes beenfit from Storwing's +1 to hit with bolters, it's literally the worst subtype of all to give to your "assault" units. Not to mention Warlord himself.
>You have to buy full 20 squads of despoilers, tacticals and assualt just to have an option to buy centurion
Dumb and pointless, core are better in this edition but this kind of overinvestment in units that will do negligable damage just to be able to spend even more points on them is peak of retardation.
>All characters have stubborn
Will definitely help them staying in place when they die like bitches, Also it's characters, not units.
>tacticals, despoilers and assaults can be taken in other slots
lol, lmao
>all your compulsory troops must have max size of models
>no flanking, no DS, no subterrean, tacticals and despoilers can't have transport
it's almost like anuj was back with us bros

TL;DR This RoW is shit and has no redeeming qualities or advantages at all.
>>
Melee veterans: which special weapon, if any, do you take? Tempted by grav to give a bit better punch against dreads, but the terrain effect from the templates is concerning for charges. Ran out of meltas, plasma probably wants more volume, (heavy) flamers are a bit of a hard sell, lmao heavy bolters or missiles (the last of which has the extra downside of not fitting with the unit style, modeling wise).
>>
>>85544520
How much effect does Inexorable have in practice?
>>
File: CKSsBYY.gif (4.84 MB, 500x278)
4.84 MB
4.84 MB GIF
>>85544619
Dont. Its a mellee unit.
>>
>>85544636
Limited, and none really if you have a way to be stubborn.
>>
>>85544636
Quite a lot? If you're not fighting against Fear spammers you essentialy have Stubborn. For melee terminators it matters big deal, because you don't want your fags to break and run away. Also you're immune to shellshock.
>>
>>85544619
Melta guns would have allowed the veterans to make a transport go boom, and then charge the unit that was inside in the same turn.
Grav needs weight of fire too, specially against dreads. Doing two wounds at most isn't all that great, and I hope you weren't planning on having the veterans charge the dreadnought after shooting it.
If you're SoH or AL take Banestrike bolters, those things are kinda broken
>>
>>85544641
Relentless lets you shoot and charge, figured even if they just get one round of shooting off, one of the specials could still make back its points. Just looking at options while I don't have enough bits on hand to finish the squad with held melee weapons only.
>>
>>85544619
What Legion?
>>
>>85544619
>Tempted by grav to give a bit better punch against dreads
2 meltas or 2 plasmas are much better vs dreads than 2 gravs
>>
>>85544719
IW. Not doing it because it's mechanically great for them, but had a thematic idea for a unit that I want to model & paint, and after the initial 7 guys that I already have settled, I had 3 more dudes to figure out what to do with.
>>85544689
Good points. I'm out of melta guns, just used the last guns and combi parts (turned into a gun) on a support squad, but they are probably the best option, huh.
>>
>>85544616
Are all DA RoWs shit? Was hoping that with new rules you can make use of them but it seems all are just bad,
>>
What are the Legion(s) in which I can field the most infantry? The less tanks/dreadnoughts the better. Dont want to WAAC but the army should be valid to play.
>>
>>85544809
Not as shit as they used to be, but not that great either. And they all suffer from the issue of not making the units that become troops Line, so you're still forced to take regular scoring units
>>
>>85544827
any, it's literally all the same list, none of the legion-specific units go above 20 dudes anyway (most of them seem to be capped at 15 for some reason)

you absolutely can field only infantry choices in every slot if that's what you want
>>
>>85544827
All legions can field the most infantry, cheapest and most decent options are all in the standard armylist. Which to pick depends on what you want your infantry to do.
>DG if you wanna stroll around firing heavy weapons
>IF with Stone Gauntlet for infantry that refuses to die, or some other ROW to deep strike any infantry units you like
>RG to infiltrate any regular infantry
>SW if you want to run like a furry and still get to charge Seriously though why is nobody talking about SW contemptors running 12'' and charging you the same turn, or charging leviathans with WS 6? Amongst other things.
>>
>>85544809
>Stormwing, Ironwing, Ravenwing, Deathwing
Are shit, yes. Keep away from them. They are either retarded downgrades from generic RoWs (Deathwing, Ironwing), have insubstantial bonuses (all of them), or are just fucking atrocious nonsense (Stormwing).
>Dreadwing
It's a thematic RoW that might work if you know how to make the most of Interemptors, Destroyers and how to fuck up your opponent with Difficult/Dangerous terrain.
>Firewing
Genuinely good and powerful high risk-high reward RoW. I'd argue it's VERY good even.
>>85544835
Line is a one thing and it's not the worst thing out there. Real problem is that DA RoWs force you to take specific Hexagrammaton -wing on units you definitely don't want to because but you must because of requirements.
>>
>>85544582
Nice Corswain.
>>
Was it ever settled whether Corswain, Lucius or Sevatar would come out on top in a challenge?
>>
>>85544887
>SW
Yeah, SW are pretty strong this edition
>amazing LA rule
>good Legion specific units and equipment,
>2 great infantry RoW (one for allied detachemnt though)
>cool WTs
>fucking amazing praetor/centurion upgrade and 2 nice consuls
BUT
BUTT
AWOO
They are space wolves and last helmet upgrade pretty much ruined their reputations even more and it already was in tatters.
>>
>>85544928
Irrelevant
>>
>>85544928
Lucius is 100% a power bottom, Sevatar is definitely a dom. The wildcard here is Corswain, with him still being in the closet there's no telling if he's a top or bottom.

>>85544950
Yeah it sucks how SW have been run into the ground thematically.
>>
>>85544582
I liked it from the beginning, but it looks more colourfull now. Which I like. I suffer from being a beginner/ low average guy painting IH. Making black interesting or just have it look good is harder than I expected, so I know that pain.
>>
>>85544887
contemptors aren't infantry you retard
>>
>>85544928
>Lucius
is probably the worst of the 3 by virtue of not having ID. On the other hand he gives his unit very good buffs which is top kek.
>Sevatar
is probably the strongest because he has unconditional ID vs WS5+. he has his psychic power too but I seriously wouldn't risk it.
>Corswain
Is the best at hitting stuff and gets 3++ in melee but his sword is murderous strike (4+) which might mess his winning chance. I think he and sevatar are close to mutual destruction.
>>
Rip Thunder Warriors. Why couldn't they be the soldiers of galactic conquest? The Primarch would be the immortal generals, but powrful soldiers could afford to be ephemeral, maybe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v59YCI5E_6A
>>
>>85545078
>why <question to which everyone knows the answer and there's 0 misunderstanding about the topic>??!!
fuck off with your yt lore faggot
>>
>>85545001
Yes they can't run and charge but Ws6 Leviathans is still fucked though.
>>
>>85544887
>>85544950
I kinda think it is the wolves who should cause HoW on the charge, and WS the ones who should charge after running. Idk.
Honestly, who feels faster to you, WS or SW?
>>
File: bayonet.gif (873 KB, 520x293)
873 KB
873 KB GIF
>>85544399
>>Phobos Bolter>All Others
Big time
>>85544365
Why are bayonets gay? Stabbing someone with a gun looks based
>>
>>85544110
Weird that traitors from loyal legions have no armory restriction, but loyalists from traitor legions can't take toxin bombs and shriekers and stuff
>>
>>85545206
i think an explanation for traitor legion loyalists not getting traitor wargear is because the legions that have such restrictions were the first to side with horus (DG, EC)
that's a fluff-based theory though, dunno if that's what you were thinking of
>>
>>85544500
Yeah, they're a weird choice. They don't provide anything but a higher LD and a better challenger, which is definitely not worth the 67 points to give them a bolter and charnabal weapon.
>>
>>85545455
They used to unlock something like regimental orders for their squad in that RoW. Can't recall which book that was though.
What if DA rules were simply "+1BS with bolt weapons & +1WS with swords" lmao.
But then the RoWs were reworked to be better. At least Eskaton seems nice
>>
>>85545206
Yeah, it sucks especially in EC case because Shriekers are literally the second part of their LA rule. If you want to play loyalist EC you lose access to shriekers just to take either Tarvitz or Martyrs of Istvaan WT whcih is a very bad deal. On the other hand you can at least smuggle Shriekers on loyalst palatines/phoenix clowns.
>>85545333
In previous edition you could have taken Sonic Shriekers no problem AFAIK and their fluff was that they were both bodymods and/or weapons so no extreme heresy here.
>>
>>85545194
>gif
>some retard SoH just walks forward without doing anything just to get stabbed
lmao that's just embarassing
>>
>>85545564
Looks like he was cranking back to do a little stabbing but yellow beakie man was too quick on the draw
>>
Are the bayonet bits from the new MKVI compatible with older bolters?
>>
>>85545078
cancer mostly
>>
>>85545078
Answer to all your questions:
Yo mama so fat that she was mapped as asteroid.
>>
>>85545596
Truth be told it looks like he was taking a dump and got suprise stabbed.
>>
>>85545564
He was counting on that -1 to melee modifier
>>
>>85545693
>"Haha go on you yellow cunt I bet you...oh NO! he has CHAIN bayonet! That means he also gets shred! And I forgot they also add +1 to S! Nooooooo!"
>>
File: IMG-20220806-WA0008.jpg (289 KB, 879x1334)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
Nsarly finished my first HH marine. I'm looking to start playing. How are the world eaters? Do they benefit from any of those special weapon boxes? I don't mind if they're low tier desu because I really like the colour scheme but I'm curious.
>>
Why aren't power chain fists a thing?
>>
>>85545206

It's not a massive deal since my Death Guard allies are 66% chem flamer destroyers and nobody's going to charge those with big infantry units, but I'd appreciate toxin bombs. Trying to run Decima's Istvaan III company, and compared to Decima's warp rift IEDs, phosphex and life-eater bombardment some toxin grenades are nothing.
>>
>>85545770
that would just be a power sword held a different way
>>
>>85544950
This. I get that being associated with furries is worse than getting a rope but SW have fucking great rules. Their assualt/cc buffs and rules are just amazing.
>>
>>85545796
You mean lightning claws?
>>
File: 20220627_003824.jpg (68 KB, 472x399)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>85545760
>no chainaxes
>>
>>85545770
Chainfists are powerfists with a little saw doodad on the end
>>
>>85545834
fucken
>>
>>85545871
I thought only commanders got melee
>>
>>85545901
Read the rules
>>
>>85545901
anon i...
>>
>>85545884
But why not add more?
>>
>>85545952
>Chainclaws
>>
>>85545959
Fund it.
>>
is mass graviton the answer to the dreadnought menace
>>
>>85546069
follow your heart anon
>>
>>85546069
Massed plasma has acceptable numbers, from a platform that also has an anti-infantry function
>>
Power axes on 3+ models: ever a good idea, outside EC who may have better options anyway? Concerned they'll just get slaughtered before I1.
>>
>>85546148
I honestly think power axes might be the worst generic power weapon around right now. AP2 doesn't really mean that much when the vast majority of 2+ save units have more than one wound.
>>
>>85545952
>>85545959
That would be rad as fuck
>>
>>85546148
It's not as if your Veterans had any other source of AP2 desu. Though that rather means they shouldn't be fighting 2+ armored enemies in the first place.
This is Power Spear edition.
>>
File: FZfVoUYX0AAuRLx.jpg (568 KB, 1500x1500)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
New HH diorama.

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1555947087044481025
>>
>>85546148
"No!"
It's a waste on MEQs, bad wound-trading for TEQs, and the S is too low for vehicles and dreadnoughts. The only way it may work is if you put 20 on a squad against terminators, but you'd still be better off taking 10 power fists instead.
>>
>>85546213
Get fucked losers
>>
Fucking hell, is it obnoxiously hard to find MKII Despoilers. Or CC variants in general, truly, close combat legions suffer the most.
>>
>>85546213
Imagine leaving the walls only to have them taken from you while you're fighting the distraction detachment at the gates. Rogal is worse at tactics than the average Total War player and I hope he dies from his autism.
>>
File: Thanatar1 (1).jpg (102 KB, 552x645)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
So what do you guys think is wrong with the mechanicum book that has GW so scared to show off anything about it?
>>
>painted my DG cataphractii with the usual 2:1 water-sepia mix and white highlights
>realize they just look like discount Deathwings with green pauldrons
It really feels like I have to cake them in weathering and dirt to say "this is death guard"
>>
>>85546264
It's not like cover is that useful in HH anyways. If LoF was being covered then yeah.
>>
Should I bring sons of Horus allies just for a fourth HQ slot?
>>
>>85546168
>>85546210
>>85546225
>half the melee weapons I have with appropriate bits are axes
hell. that makes things more difficult
>>
>>85546213
>diorama depicting the siege of Cthonia
>SoH are the ones doing drop assaults
That doesn't feel quite right.
>>
>>85546337
Did you paint this one? Very nice! Do I spy the use of oil washes?
>>
File: angron pepe.png (2.3 MB, 1699x1614)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB PNG
>>85545901
FFS
>>
>>85546337
If you really want it, the tax is only +100.
>>
>>85546364
Not me, but iirc I got it from this thread because I liked the paint job
>>
>>85546350
Fists can never attack and SoH can never defend. Thus for war, the SoH left the planet, IF moved in to garrison the now empty forts, and thus now SoH can attack and IF defend.

You know it is retarded. Which means it's liable to happen.
>>
Sell me on a legion that isn't Alpha Legion for a second army. Or maybe guard/ mrchanicum
>>
>>85546279
Forgot to put brutal on anything, no sunder, no AP2
>>
>>85546556
imperial *army* is one of the two CYOA factions. make /yourdudes/ whatever you want

mechanicum is even more body horror, even more disorganized here. make /yourdudes/ whatever you want
>>
>>85546556
What is your first army? The decision should be based on this, so you can pick something that lends itself to a different playstyle.
>>
>>85546556
Base it on aspects of your personality. What you are like vs what you know is right vs what you value/wish to be like
>>
>>85546613

Alpha Legion and a big one, so basically vanilla HH standard with a huge range of models + a ton of converted units from other legions.

I'd like to start a new army for friends to play with, small then big, and unlike my Alpha collection I'd like to make them 0% versatile 100% thematic.
>>
>>85546639
How does one Alpha Legion, anon? Dynat-led Leviathal for "infiltrate half a dozen units" lives rent free in my mind. Can't think of anything else
>>
>>85546639
>I'd like to make them 0% versatile 100% thematic
imperial army, kitbash everything to hell, make lore behind em, explain why the AL are using them

OR

recreate the cover of Legion and just use vostroyans/vostroyan-looking guys
>>
>>85546652

I'm mostly a collector so what I did is buy/convert a fuckton of models for every role and make the alphas pretty much the omni-army for HH. I'm sure I can build a competitive list with what I have, and I have enough models to proxy other legions altogether and play as them just with an AL paint scheme.
>>
>>85546669

I like the FW HH guard as well, those void dudes. Might actually do this, I always like playing the underdog and taking down a character, Terminator or even a marine with a scrawny piece of shit human is incredibly satisfying.

Any cool 28mm models that aren't in cartoony heroic scale?
>>
>>85546426
Thanks, good taste.
>>
>>85546687
Based mutable tactics anon. Any that was particularly fun or interesting?
>>
>>85546705
DKoK?
>>
reading the rules for the demolisher cannon, why is the general consensus that its good at killing infantry instead of tanks?
>>
>>85546705
>those void dudes.
thats solar auxilia, theyre closer to HH storm troopers in function. imperialis militia and cults is the closest thing to the imperial army, and theyre just a horde army you can do whatever with. they have no minis, youre meant to use any official GW """human""" minis but personally idgaf about 3rd party or 3d printed minis
>>
>>85546718

I'm always buying, I started with Raven guard proxies because I like how they play but hate the feathered furry style and the paint scheme. I don't have any white scars or very thematix armies like space wolves or world eaters, as pretty much any alphariused SW/WE unit would look kinda bad and out of touch. I have some iron hands proxies as I love their breachers with boarding shields, a lot of proxies for ultramarines , gal vorbak , emps children .... As I said I'm mostly in for the models and lore I barely play, it's why I want to start another army.
>>
>>85545901
Any WE model can swap it's chainsword for a chainxes for free. This is the optimal way to run them.
>>
>>85546752
Single shot low AP weapons can't fish for good results on the pen table. Brutal 3 does however fuck up infantry, even a 2+ (unless they're heavy), and because it IDs, it just takes one fuck up. Also probably going to be good at killing automata. I've seen people say it's good for damaging dreads, but the math just isn't there. You deal like one wound and then your vehicle is destroyed by the dread.
>>
>>85546809
alright, thank you. i was gonna take one anyways but this cleared it up for me thanks
>>
>>85544619
I'm gonna build a squad of WS veterans with Glaives
>>
>>85546726
pretty sure he means solar aux
>>
>>85546687
Same

Its honestly optimal if you want to dip your toes into everything and the AL colors are cool as fuck either way.
>>
File: 1489083256180.jpg (95 KB, 500x427)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>85546279
It's going to become the next Fires of Cyraxus. Welcome to another half decade of limbo.
>>
>>85547092
I would agree with you if they didn't have an entire line of models to support.

I can see Solar Auxilia getting fucked though.
>>
>>85547124
imagine if solar aux get rolled into one imperial army book with the militia and cults army
>>
File: Navy breachers.png (153 KB, 404x406)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
>>85547127
What could this mean? The Tercio organization is rather different from Imperial Army, even one based around grenadier soldiers.
>>85547092
I heard the Solar Auxilia designer guy left a while ago...but look at the new 40k Imperial Navy breacher models. They are of a similar spirit.
>>
>>85547127
If anything is dead for sure, it's Militia and Cults. They have no models. Most they'll get is a PDF that updates them slightly with some of the new USRs. That's it.

Auxilia will get their own book, they have too many kits not to. They might not get any more support after that book, but they'll get it. Mechanicum stand a pretty decent chance of getting some new stuff, or at the very lease getting some of the 40k kits, like Kataphrons and Kastelans.
>>
>>85547174
>What could this mean? The Tercio organization is rather different from Imperial Army, even one based around grenadier soldiers.
dont get me wrong, itll be retarded, but i wouldnt be shocked if they shared a book
>>
>>85547183
>it's Militia and Cults
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
I was chatting with another Wordchad and he was lamenting his Gal Vorbak losing to Knights Cenobium. I look up their rules and they counter Gal Vorbak so hard it's not even funny. Dummy thicc armor and huge swords tailor-made for killing chaotic monsters.

What's the plan for killing these assholes? Warpfire Blaster/Cannon support squad? Charge them with a Mhara Gal?
>>
>>85547240
a stormhammer full of gal vorbak
>>
>>85547183
>or at the very lease getting some of the 40k kits, like Kataphrons and Kastelans.
Literally the opposite of what's happening. None of the 40k kits are in the mechanicum book per the contents page GW previewed, which is genuinely baffling, additionally reductor is cut completely. Strangely the Arlatax has an entry despite not having a kit.
>>
>>85547240
You apologize and ask the DA player to not hurt your Gal Vorbak until you get to do something with them.
>>
>>85547274
Oh yeah I forgot they teased the fucking table of contents. At the very least it means that the Arlatax is going to be getting a model.
>>
>>85547198
Blackshields are more official than Militia, and you see what they're getting.
>>
i'm retarded. i think alcohol got me good
>>
>>85547240
A Mastodon of Gal Vorbak
>>
>>85547274
I wonder if the Arlatax is gonna get a model then.
If it does I have a funny feeling it's going to look out of place compared to the rest of the Mechanicum's range.
>>
>>85547240

Mhara Gal will wipe a squad of five knights fairly easily, since it has WS6. Gal Vorbak have no access to Brutal so they get destroyed in TEQ fights even with T5, they'd be a lot more useful if they had their old native Deep Strike and used it to pick their targets better.
>>
>>85547240
Mayby...uh...don't try to fight scisors with paper?
>>
>>85547240
A Stormbird of Gal Vorbak
>>
>>85547240
knights cenobium are also pretty good at killing dreads in one blow with the right order. +1 to hit and rerolling wounds with 5+ rending/instant death is pretty deadly
>>
What would be the best way to play a really small skirmish via squad vs squad in the same vein of Kill Team for HH? Using the Shadow Wars: Armageddon rules? Kill Team is basically a boring board game.
>>
>>85547240
Levi.
>>
>>85547337
>dem print lines
it burns us!
>>
>>85547251
>>85547372
>>85547427
you fools, he clearly need a battle barge of gal vorbaks to kill 5 cenobium knights
>>
>>85547386
There's no reason to believe an arlatax kit wouldn't be a forge world resin kit just like everything else.

Unless it also built a domitar in which case a plastic domitar/arlatax would probably be pretty popular.
>>
>>85547430

Heralds of Ruin has every single 30k faction and legion and it's fun as fuck. you could even play against orks, eldar , demons or hive gangers as 40k/30k/necromunda share the same rules in a unified system
>>
File: 20220723_192235(0).jpg (3.95 MB, 4128x3096)
3.95 MB
3.95 MB JPG
>>85547438
it wasn't all that obvious on the others. guess the heat didn't help
>>
>>85547428
>with the right order
Yes, but the only ones you'll ever see in practice are +1 attack. And if you really want to tackle dreads with cenobium you take the Broken Claws.
>>
>aeronautica getting HH DLC

lmao no one even plays that shit i have no idea why they're still releasing shit for it. They ruined it with the hexes. "Play conjoined games with HH and AT" LMAO bring back battlefleet Gothic and epic and you might actually have a really fun cool and interconnected campaign like we did in 3rd and during the 13th black crusade
>>
>>85543837
Do they ever give a reason for why they didn’t just incinerate these fucks from orbit?
>>
>>85547471
a shame you can't choose at the beginning of the battle anymore
>>
>>85547465
I remember reading about HoR but never actually played it but it seems interesting. I'll see what the other group members think and see if we can get something started. Thank you.
>>
>>85547480
I'm 100% certain aeronautica is just part of an internal conspiracy to bring back epic. Like they couldn't sell a whole remake of epic to marketing, but there was a slot for a new boxed game with new models so they used that as an avenue to create miniatures that would be needed for epic.
>>
>>85547485
There were survivors on the ground and Sanguinius and Horus wanted to at least try to save them if possible.
>>
>>85547480
aeronautica is shit indeed, but it could be fun to do one game in a while with homebrew to represent aerial superiority in your next HH game
>>
>>85547449

just do an orbital bombardment if we're going that route

Haven't even played DA in horus heresy yet but getting to be 6 legions packed into one, with stupid OP greatswords and plasma flamers on everything I already hate them.
>>
>>85547397
The Mhara Gal really needs that charge though. Inner Circle get to reroll all failed Hit and Wound rolls against anything Corrupted or Daemon or Psyker. And every 5+ to hit inflicts D3 Wounds on them.

Or the Inner Circle could take Thunder Hammers and fight last, but now they force the Mhara Gal to use it's 5++ against however many wounds Brutal causes. And they still get to reroll all failed Hits and Wounds.

The Mhara Gal is properly scary, but unless it has some way to strip the Inner Circle's invulns, I don't see it easily doing anything to them. And that's a squad of 5. A squad of 10 rolls the Mhara Gal no questions asked.
>>
>>85547529
What if their LA rule was +1WS with swords/+1BS with bolt weapons and that was it: Wings representation would come from the RoWs.
>>
>>85547529
Loyalty is it's own reward, kid.
>>
>>85547449
a whole fleet of daemonic ships
>>85547529
welcome to the club
>>
When you get a named character for your army do you incorporate them into your lore or just pretend they're someone else?
>>
File: isrgwl87tpq71.jpg (206 KB, 1080x1080)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>pick Iron Warriors as a legion due to liking their playstyle well enough
>they're easy to mass paint but still include details on in the form of hahahazard stripes (the epitome of humour)
>prime four Mk VI marines and began the process I jotted down after test models
>bored as hell already and now want some colour

Should I just be a faggot and play Imperial Fists? Yellow is appealing and easily airbrushed and weathered and oiled with a good amount of variation in different eras of IF with different spot colours and accents. I am experiencing so much ennui lately that I haven't even sat at my hobby desk for two weeks because of this (and other things).
>>
>exemplary battle unit for IH
>the avernii morlocks that accompanied Ferrus to Isstvan
>it's a tartaros variant
I can feel it.
>>
>>85547497
Not really a shame, all options except Ld one have some merit and it's not like taking one that you want to use will guarantee you success. Like week ago, my Inner Circle were charged by EC dread who managed to hit with 4 attacks and left me with 3 knights only who (obviously) had Reapers of Hosts which gave them nothing in that fight. spoiler: dread managed to kill them all while losing just a single wound. I also hate fighting EC because somehow I fuck up all rending/breaching rolls in cc while he rolls lots of 6s.
>>
>>85547485
Because Abnett wanted you to show how BASED his OC characters are and how dumb and incompetent Eidolon was.
>>
>>85547529
>but getting to be 6 legions packed into one
Wow, way to show you're retarded.
> with stupid OP greatswords and plasma flamers on everything I already hate them
lmao seeth playlet
>>
File: file.png (349 KB, 500x395)
349 KB
349 KB PNG
>>85544827
Emperor's Children only have 1 rule benefitting vehicles, almost everything they have buffs infantry
>>
Does a unit having a melee weapon and a pistol always mean they have +1 attack?
>>
>>85547540

It has Brutal (2) and Rampage, so it should kill 2-3 of them on the first round of combat. With swords they drop it to 1-3 wounds as it wipes them out, with hammers they do about four wounds before being destroyed if I'm calculating this correctly. Still not an amazing victory, best to just blast them with lascannon, but you can't always manage that.
>>
>>85547540
I'd advise you to stop theorycrafting (you're bad at it) and also learn the rules (you don't know them at it shows).
>>
>>85547593
Just weather them. It's the funnest part of the paining process for my Iron Warriors and it's thematic.
>>
>>85547653
yes
>>
>>85546574
If graviton hammers/rams don't have Brutal I'm going to warhammer world and shitting right on the floor.
>>
>>85547717
You'll join the ranks of the embittered IW wielding non-brutal unwieldy S6 graviton Thunder Hammers and do nothing about it
>>
>>85547513
Aeronautica was a FW game originally, they ran it alongside Epic until 2013 when both became officially unsupported.

>>85547480
Can you imagine the bitching if the black books had also given pages to Space Fleet?

>what is this shit
>nobody plays this game
>indulgent trash
>>
>>85544582
This looks awesome
>>
>>85547717
Brutal looks like it was a last minute addition (early stage playtest leaks didn't have it) to try and correct for wound inflation caused by terminators and dreadnoughts. So it isn't surprising that they seem to just forget to put it on a bunch of stuff.
>>
>>85547612
Isn't that first appearance of eidolon?
>>
>>85547513
it's 100% a response to X-Wing existing

The hex system was a mistake though. Hate that shit.
>>
>>85547717
>thanatar calix manages to survive combat long enough that it bonks a contemptor with it's gigantic S10 AP1 graviton ram
>does 1 wound
>>
>>85547769
>Play Integral Horus Heresy
>Reach a non-compliant planet
>Start the campaign with a match of Space Gothic naval warfare
>Close in and fight a *series* of Zones Mortalis boarding matches
>Then play a Planetary Assault campaign
Dunno where the Aeronautica and Adeptus Titanicus and Apocalypse game phases enter here
>>
>>85547593
Hazard stripes are funny because most marine weapons armor doesn’t need to be denoted as dangerous.
>>
>>85547825
Funny that this company has been making tabletop games for close to 45 years now.
>>
>>85547469
lol, i wouldnt sweat over some print lines anon. the minis look great, and a few lines here or there are a small price to pay for having your minis cost 10 cents a model instead of 10 dollars a model
>>
>>85547829
Ever? No. He's at least as old as an IA article.
>>
>>85547924
War paint is funny because most celtic weapons armor doesn't need to be denoted as dangerous
>>
>>85547925
if a company was competent, it would already rule the world
>>
>>85543796
Is Tarvitz a good HQ choice? I like his model and would like to make a small loyalist EC force led by him. just a 1k points, nothing more.
>>
>>85543837
40k starship trooper (movie) bugs lol
>>85547954
They did Eidolon so bad. He was supposed to be the best mortal-born commander just like Sigismund was the best mortal-born warrior just below the Primarchs.
So high up there that he was Fulgrim's representative at Istvaan 3
>>
File: 20210912_123248(0).jpg (3.33 MB, 4128x3096)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB JPG
>>85547927
printing ain't that cheap yet. but i'll alway swear by it when it come to bfg
>>
>>85547955
Putting hazard stripes on guns and armor is saying “hey this thing’s dangerous” which is the only in lore joke that kinda works, I would play them if they weren’t such fucking losers in 30K like all pre-chaos marines
>>
>>85547988
What would you do if I said no?
>>
>>85548008
SoH were dangerous, and Horus was the most dangerous of all, still lost.
It is sad that traitors had all the advantages and still lost because they didn't have the objectively best legions: DA / IF / BA / UM.
Even though EC / IW / DG / SoH were actually quite dependable
>>
>>85548084
I like seeing them as Chaos marines
>but 40k le bad
Warhammer has never been a good game
>>
>>85543796
>"you shit lorgar"
Know no fear is making me really like guilliman
>>
>>85548053
I guess I'll be forced into making Fury of the Ancients RoW with Venerable Ancient representing Rylanor who leads the one last charge of the loyalist Ent-Contemptors.
>>
>>85548129
>Abnett books makes me like something
Ok homo.
>>
>>85548084
It wasn't that the Traitor Legions were weak, because they weren't. But their primarchs were the worst primarchs. They were petty, stupid, shortsighted, infantile little man babies. The only reason those legions didn't have their shit rocked in the crusade was because they were all on the same side. They had access to the Imperium's full infrastructure, and they had every other legion side eying them because they were fucking weirdos that liked weird gay shit. As soon as the Heresy started and Horus let them do pretty much whatever they want, they immediately lost their goddamn minds and started actively wasting their own resources.

For all their genetic breeding and strategic proclivity, their man baby emotions still outweighed all of it
>>
File: 1656620290971.jpg (177 KB, 628x960)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
MKIIIs for basic tactical, and MKIVs with forge Rotor canon for terror squad, yeah or nay ?
>>
File: tsons moment.jpg (115 KB, 1000x1000)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
wouldnt painting tsons normally (without priming gold and using transparent/contrast red) and just applying a gloss varnish work?
>>
>>85548205
It won't be metallic, it'll just be glossy.
>>
>>85548222
im retarded to me this image just looks glossy
>>
>>85548180
>They were petty, stupid, shortsighted, infantile little man babies
Watch out anons, we have based BL enjoyer amongst us.
>>
>>85548205
Yes, definitely, Their candy red was gay in the first place.
>>
>>85548301
i like it i just have gloss varnish and would rather not have to go outside to prime gold because i still cant find any gold primer that isnt a rattlecan
>>
>>85548284
didnt know the Boys Love community was into warhammer
>>
>>85546148
They're okay on despoilers since you have a buffer to eat power fists and chainswords can kill MEQs fine, while your axes can be up front until nearly the whole unit is gone. Not ideal but not a huge waste either.
>>
>>85548180
>It wasn't that the Traitor Legions were weak, because they weren't. But their primarchs were the worst primarchs.
Their worsthood weakened their legions. Except maybe EC, IW and DG:
>EC fell by their own hand, without Fulgrim dragging them down
>Perturabo didn't have much of a hold over the individual IW. A big number of them actually abandoned the legion
>The DG were loyal to Mortarion, but lucky for them he was a competent commander and didn't do wacky shit, until that one day when everyone became a daemon.
>>
>>85547589
Incorporate into the lore, with a magnetized headswap for when I want to do a battle where they weren't canonically there
>>
>>85547589
It's /my dude/ using someone's rules
>>
>>85548416
Same.
>>
>>85547589
I use the model and rules but make him my own.
>>
Are shooty veterans with nemesis bolters worth it in Pride of the Legion? It's nice that they can move and shoot and hold their own in melee, but I'm wondering if I'll ever need that and I should just take recon squads instead
Anyone played with Veterans like that and know how they work?
>>
File: terminator print.jpg (582 KB, 1902x936)
582 KB
582 KB JPG
>>85548001
you're right, my bad. terminators are 40 cents a model, not 10. im sure i could take 10 minutes to hollow out those torsos and cut that in half though.
>>
>>85548180
>It wasn't that the Traitor Legions were weak, because they weren't.
World Eaters and Night Lords were kinda weak.
>>
>>85548506
i'm not the one printing them, too many hazards and not enough space. one day maybe...
until then i'll have to pay someone else for that
>>
File: 20220611_212442.jpg (127 KB, 642x1199)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
What's a good Ravenwing list? I was thinking 30 outriders with Plasma Repeaters and 9 or 12 scimitar, with a couple of squadrons of speeders.

Where do I go from there?
>>
>>85548301
This. Matte TSons >>> Candy Apple Sons
>>
>>85548556
>Where do I go from there?
To hell probably. You've chosen bad edition to play RW, RW rule sucks, RoW sucks, wheelbikes sucks, scimitars ain't what they used to be. You ain't got 2+ anymore and no good jinking. Change your concept
>>
>>85548644
So I can just get what I want then?
>>
>>85547924
>Hazard stripes are funny because most marine weapons armor doesn’t need to be denoted as dangerous.
These are not hazard stripes but Olympian herladry you 2022 mongrel. Read the Black Book
>>
>>85547835
Almost certainly some marketing and/or accounting department bullshit. The original FW game didn't have it and it doesn't add anything to the game.
>>
>>85548666
I'm just saying you should ditch Ravenwing concept altogether
>>
>>85548499
>Are shooty veterans with nemesis bolters worth it in Pride of the Legion?
Loads of points
>>
>>85548708
I'm not going to do that.
>>
>>85547469
those arms are way too low.
>>
>>85548738
Then die.
>>
>>85548746
No
>>
>>85548738
Based.
>>
>>85547925
It's very confusing that they decided to remove vehicle rules from dreads (fairly understandable) but then didn't adjust anti-vehicle weapon rules like exoshock to do more damage to dreads, or do something like make AP1 weapons do 2 wounds instead of 1.
>>
>>85548738
No one can stop you from doing it, but you are fighting your rules every step of the way. Your units are bad, your LA is bad, and your rite is bad. bikes and jetbikes are usable as support units because they can take lots of upgraded weapons, but are too fragile and expensive to be your army. Land speeders are very good as long as you can feed them a shooting reaction for evade (and everyones land speeder gets to reroll shrouded anyway so ravenwing does literally nothing for them).
>>
>>85548556
wtf is a tranner? like a tranny?
>>
>>85548854
I didn't ask you about any if that. I asked what units I should add.
>>
>>85548855
Yes, but less derogatory.

Like how trekkies in the 80s and 90s prefer
>>
>>85548879
To be called trekkers.

Fucking 4chan.
>>
>>85548735
Yeah, a unit of 10 with nemesis bolters looks like it's going to run me around 50 points more than an equivalent 10 man recon squad with nemesis, but they get WS5, can move and shoot, and get 2W
Might be worth it, I dunno
>>
>>85548868
30 plasma repeater bikers, a full unit of jetbikers, and a couple units of land speeders plus a hq is already about 2.5k points. how big an army are you looking to make?
>>
>>85548556
weak bait faggit
>>
>>85548900
3000 minimum. I'm not a child that's scared by large numbers, like most 40k secondaries.
>>
>>85548868
I suggest you go fuck yourself but before that post models.
>>
>>85548927
I don't have the models yet. That's why I'm asking. Do you have models you can post?
>>
>>85548935
>has 0 models
>doesn't know rules
>plays a cocky smartass
lmao eat shit reatard
k
>>
>>85548956
So you don't have any models either?

Also you spelled retard wrong.
>>
Your Legion:
>stupid color scheme
>loses every battle in fluff
>poorly balanced units
>gay

My Legion:
>the pinnacle of the hobby
>wins all the time
>fair and fun to play
>manly

Your Primarch:
>autistic
>a virgin
>weak
>a cowardly manchild

My Primarch:
>based
>a chad
>strong
>a brave hero

Any questions?
>>
>>85544023
Bonjour Matthew
>>
I am not sure where it originated, but there seems to be a persistent idea of the Legion of the Damned being warp entities of loyalists killed on Istvaan V, or of the Emperor at one point summoning a legion of space marine ghosts. In what book did such a thing occur, and how would you go about representing such a force in Horus Heresy?
>>
>>85549049
it happens in Master of Mankind, including Ferrus Manus' ghost.
>>
File: 1656916594813.jpg (3.93 MB, 2854x2048)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB JPG
From now on I will refer to horus heresy with numbers 88
>>
>>85548989
what if our legions are the same?
>>
>>85548989

You said you, referring to me. This is incorrect. Your legion and primarch are shit.
>>
>>85548893
Nemeses don't run well in a veteran squad. If you want them for the wounding, getting combi-volkites is probably the more efficient option. The points you save will nearly get you a free techmarine+cognis signum, making it even better. If it's for the pinning, each squad can only force one pinning test per phase. Again, you'd be better off getting fewer nemeses. I only see a point in getting a full squad of them if you're using them for their range.
>>
>>85548609
Imagine not playing proto-blood ravens tsons loyalists.
>>
>>85549049
Probably the best proxy unit would be a veteran squad led by a warmonger consul
>>
>>85549049
Back when book 8 came out I remember seeing someone make "daemons" for an Esoterist to summon which were squads of ghostly marines on large bases. Looked pretty neat
>>
Whatbis best bookbof 88?
>>
>>85549325
anon is having a stroke
>>
>>85549346
Just alvohol
>>
Have epubs leaked yet?
>>
>>85549220
Thanks. I just crunched the numbers and I think each nemesis has around a 1/3 chance to cause an unsaved wound
I want them for sniping characters/apothecaries/auspex and pinning, so maybe 3 or 4 per squad is the right amount
>>
>>85543859
you need something inbetween
reddy/orange
>>
>>85549430
oops, I realized my math was wrong and it’s a ~29% chance for a given nemesis to cause a wound, so 4 is the mathematically safer bet
>>
>>85543859
Left has more Pop to it.
>>
>>85549319
Hmmm. Gives me an idea of running them alongside loyalist Word Bearers.
>>
File: dB6orDbqrx84BfY2.jpg (49 KB, 498x541)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
What exactly is the problem here?
It looks badass.
>>
>>85549650
no matching tail
>>
>>85549650
>>>/trash/
>>
File: 1e8.jpg (44 KB, 600x742)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>85549650
>>
>>85549650
Why do they have additional ventilation on their helmets?
>>
>>85543859
I prefer the light/dark contrast of right.
>>
>>85549650
>What exactly is the problem here?
Better MKVI helmets existe Its also fugly
>>
File: 20220804_124301.jpg (36 KB, 699x361)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>85549650
>>
>>85549650
Space wolves fans are in denial that their chapter is the furry faction.
>>
File: 1633898496902.jpg (505 KB, 700x498)
505 KB
505 KB JPG
What five boards form imperium, slaanesh, khorne, tzeentch and nurgle?
>>
>>85548556
Thinking it's likely someone is going to propose doesn't always prepare you for the actual moment. I'm going with autistic or just socially clumsy on this one.
>>
>>85544974
I'm going to rape you
>>
>>85547337
hey man, the shoulders are about right on height and which way round they are, looks like a good improvement to me.
>>
>>85546213
Go in person and spot Traitor Raldoron
>>
Dubs confirm predators, sicarans, ranged leviathan, weapon upgrades and the conteptor up for pre-order next week plus a mass restock of the mkiii, mkvi kits and decals

>>85549650
Pipkin approved!
>>
>>85549918
I just want plastic termies
>>
>>85549918
kek
>>
How heretical would it be to have Dark Angels Terran veterans in Thunder Armor?
>>
>>85550121
They didn't use thunder armour. They weren't thunder warriors. They killed thunder warriors.
>>
>>85550168
baseless lies. all thunder warriors died of natural causes, or a glorious death in battle
>>
>>85550168
>They killed thunder warriors.
Meds, now
>>
>>85550168
>They didn't use thunder armour.
Most of spess mehren armor is cannibalised from the deas so they most likely used thunder warrior armors.
>>
>>85549358
>>85549358
youve inspired me to post on this thread while drunk in the future
>>
>>85550168
what was mk I power armor anon?
also
>believes anti imperial propaganda
lol, lmao even
>>
>>85550304
>>85550410
Isn’t it essentially confirmed that the DA killed the thunder warriors when Emps was done with them?
>>
>>85550191
>>85550304
>>85550370
Prove me wrong, slaves.
>>
What legion should I choose if I have crippling depression
>>
>>85550609
Death Guard
>>
>>85550609
Word Bearers because devotion to a true cause and worship of an almighty god will bring you up from your depression
>>
>>85550424
no, the Custodes did.
>>
>>85550168
Mk I armour - known as thunder armour - was what was used until the Crusade pattern was developed after the alliance with mars. Marines were active before that.
>>
>>85550652
Prove it.
>>
I owe thanks to the anon a few days ago who taught me that 3D Builder can be used to emboss images onto STLs.
Thanks to your help, I've been able to make a set of matching Mk VI shoulder pads for my Knights-Errant project.
>>
>>85550609
Pick a faction with no support to fully encapsulate the experience of absolute misery.

Cults and militia.
>>
File: foranon.png (166 KB, 450x254)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>85550663
>>
>>85550191
>>85550304
>>85550424
>>
Where do you guys source your power lances ??
>>
>>85550738
I just use toothpicks.
>>
>>85550694
So you can't prove it then?
>>
>>85550698
Why couldn't they be allowed to serve until death? Let the have a warrior's death instead of betrayal. Or be granted a plot of land like IA.
>Silver Shores retirement fortress for Senior warriors and Veterans
>>
>>85550638
Omg it's so real. Big Endurance
>>
>>85549118
>Tummy Tattoo
So that's how the Salamanders legion was born
>>
>>85550954
The reason that I've seen tossed around most often is that they were unstable, either physiologically or psychologically or both. But I've never seen a proper citation for it.
>>
>>85551010
Like, all the more reason to run them into the enemy desu
>>
>>85550670
looks tight anon would you be willing to share the files?
>>
I guess I just don't understand why the space wolf players are upset about that helmet. Like, the other people making fun of them I expected. But you play space wolves, the legion that likes wolves and wears wolves and fucks wolves and prominently HAS WOLF HELMETS

How are you surprised...? Isn't this what you wanted????? Why else would you play space wolves??????????
>>
>>85551041
My favorite reason is a distinct lack of psychological conditioning. They didn't have anything to really keep them loyal to anything or anybody. They were raised directly from the techno-barbarian hordes. They likely would've seen the Emperor as just another Terran Warlord, albeit an incredibly powerful one. They likely had no loyalty to the idea of a united humanity, and might've attempted to 'bargain' with the Emperor for some kind of autonomy.

They were useful, in fact vital for the Unification Wars to begin. But the moment the Imperial warmachine gained enough momentum, they immediately became more of a liability than an asset. That's why the legions were pressed into service when some of them numbered only a few hundred, or even a few dozen.

That's just my headcanon. There is painfully little fluff on the Thunder Warriors that isn't masturbatory fanservice for a concept that is basically unrealized.
>>
>>85551096
Nice bait fag, now show me your cock.
>>
>>85549757
Because space wolves have extremely heightened senses of smell. That's not ventilation; it's an enhanced respirator.
>>
>>85551096
>>85551117
Always knew there was romantic tension between Lion and Leman
>>
>>85551118
I would have accepted a grotesque -like helmet, supposedly like Jaghatai's. It'd be a snarling wolf mask, and thus it'd have a snout so that a wolf could smell without having to remove the helmet
>>
>>85551093
Sure anon. I've uploaded the bare/studded pads and the Knights-Errant STL files together:
> https://mega.nz/file/dK4w1KiT#NJTj8blGjAQ1GXNLCobDUodOr-e9OZOFL2uqUa0D8-4

Also, this is the tutorial the anon posted for adding your own symbols to the pads, if you want to modify them for your own projects.
>>
File: Khan.jpg (546 KB, 800x1169)
546 KB
546 KB JPG
>>85551155
Forgot pic
>>
>>85548868
Honestly this is fucking based and you should all be ashamed for trying to discourage a guy from running the units he thinks are cool
>>
>>85551155
Yeah that wolf head wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have a facial expression that a horny 15 year old with asperger's might have.
>>
>>85551177
But I thought that's the part space wolf players would relate to most
>>
>>85549650
come on man
>>
>>85549118
>womb tattoo on a dragon
it turns into a girl, doesn't it?
>>
>>85547465
Isn't HoR based on 9th/KT now? Pretty sure the HH era stuff is at least. So hardly "fun as fuck", more like "reeking piles of dog feces".

What >>85547430 wants are the Strike Force rules from Black Book #3. Either keep using the 1.0 core rules/lists with them, or use the 2.0 rules & lists and pick how you want to deal with Reactions(I'd say either ignore them completely, or use the ZM 2.0 version and limit them to characters and any ad-hoc units they're leading).
>>
>>85549650
Look at it from the front.
>>
as per the HH roadmap, Liber Mechanicum will release this month
since it's GW we're talking about here, how likely is it that the pre-order/release schedule will be fucked up for the new Liber?
i saw
>>85547092
and it got me thinking
>>
>>85550424
Valdor; Birth of the Imperium manages to successfully confirm that fragments of Legion power armour (then an unknown pattern on Terra) were found on Ararat. AND that the Legions never saw combat alongside the Thunder Warriors.

Of course part of the theme of that book is the lies and machinations needed as the foundation of the post-Unification Imperium.
>>
File: 1657498739347.png (579 KB, 640x736)
579 KB
579 KB PNG
>>85551165
I kneel thank you king
>>
>>85551427
Pretty much all books published by BL are just lies and machinations. Lies, because of the authors pretending to know anything about the setting or caring even a little bit. Machinations, because they writers more interested in scoring twitter brownie points, inserting their own dumb plots and characters, and trying to climb the writers' status ladder, than in writing a compelling story that stays true to the source material.
>>
>>85551147
>Lion and Russ had a fistfight
>Dumb artist draws them swinging swords at each other
Garbage artists are a plague.
>>
>>85551308
Doesn't need to ;^)
>>
>>85551407
The pre-order schedule/release for almost everything has been fucked, but I'm desperately hoping that once the Warcry shit is done they'll start talking more about Mechanicum.
I don't even care if we're not getting any new kits I just want to have rules for my army.
>>
>>85551560
in weeb shit it does, because the japanese are cowards
>>
>>85551810
That comment only shows how much you've barely scratched the surface of the weeb shit that is out there, anon
>>
>>85551308
Yes it does.
>>85551844
Outside of the context of deliberate niche pornography weeb shit is extremely predictable in this area.
>>
Gosh those recasters are getting good!
>>
>>85552161
Who?
>>
I’m running a WB drop pod assault list. Should I give my artificer-armored praetor a command squad retinue or stick him with a vet squad that has power weapons and a warpfire rifle?
>>
Mt. Ararat was an inside job
>>
File: 1659233952051112.png (1.39 MB, 1052x1265)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
Should I get a leviathan or a deredeo and contemptor

I play DA
>>
>>85552352
Has more to do with your army and your tastes than your legion.
>>
>>85552259
My brother in chaos
I’m giving him a combat squad since they’re pretty beefy and your Gal Vorbak are missing line (assuming you’re taking them as your troops)
How are you modeling Warpfire weapons?
>>
>>85552259
>vets or vets with free artificer and scoring
anon you might be retarded
>>
Is this garbage? Will I be rolled?
Plan is to be using terror assault RoW.
>>
>>85552352
Get whatever you think looks coolest, fellow femboy appreciator.
>>
>>85552259

Command Squad, as >>85552390 notes, they are generally better than Vets if you're only taking one squad. Give the warpfire blaster to your Gal Vorbak or spam them on support squad.
>>
>>85552403

That list kicks ass, what's the problem with it? You mass deep strike, pin the enemy then dump a bunch of melee units on top of them. Two dreadnoughts to just be dreadnoughts in this edition(i.e. overpowered).
>>
>>85552370
I’m only taking one gal Vorbak because, as nice as they are, they’re a bit expensive for a troops choice without line. I model warpfire blasters with a fluorescent orange paint in AK’s line

>>85552390
>>85552493
A retinue it is. Now I gotta figure out how to make a banner since I already have the squad models
>>
How do people get this brighter, more vibrant Ultramarine blue? Macragge blue right out the pot just seems a bit too dark.
>>
>>85552962
Talassar Blue might be close.
>>
File: tmp.jpg (926 KB, 2726x1533)
926 KB
926 KB JPG
>>85552962
use inks and pin wash
>>
>>85549650
nothing
but there are 10 of the same helmet when it is suitable for like only 1 dude in a unit.
>>
>>85553066
Wait, whats your list anon? Is he in a command squad?
>>
File: Tyberosp1.jpg (63 KB, 730x563)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>85545770
>>85546043
>>85545959
>>85545952
How do you mean?
>>
File: 1658932367424888.jpg (63 KB, 461x335)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>85547469
Holy fuck those low shoulders WTF anon, you put in a really great effort with painting but literally pants on head crazy with building?
>>
>>85553144
>Powerlightningclawschainfists
>>
>>85552962
check the cult of paint ultramarine vid
pretty much exactly what you're after
>>
>>85549918
Ahem, dubs say soicry preorder extended a week
>>
>>85548996
>"I'm not a gay stalker!" anon cries
>follows me about the internet
>Looks at pictures of me and lets me know he knows my face
>takes every opportunity to let me know he knows who I am
Honestly mate, I'm not particularly worried you're going to break into my house and rape me, but I'm more worried about you doing that than anybody else
>>
File: tmp.jpg (3.5 MB, 4032x3024)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB JPG
>>85553133
posted it last thread but pretty much pic rel
sometimes there's a mix of dreadclaws/dreadpods and less dreads
ye he's the command squad banner bearer
>>
>>85553280
Are the leviathans too slow in a list like that? Im assuming terror assault so you have no line, does that make it hard to play objectives?
Do mixed rotor/volkite work? Or are they 5 man squads?
>>
>>85553258
>Absolutely seething
This is what you get for being on social media (yes, I've seen you too). Not that I'm on stalker anons side, but surely if you post across multiple platforms you'd expect the odd headcase? Just ignore it instead of sperging out like a retard and giving him the reaction he wants.
>>
>>85553338
I generally ignore him, but I AM letting him know I think he's a gay rapist
>>
>>85553344
Serves you right for collecting IF. You don't see IW players being stalked.
>>
File: the_mighty_IW.jpg (101 KB, 627x622)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>85553358
>You don't see IW players being stalked.
That's because the ARE the stalkers
>>
>>85553358
That's true, no one was going to bum me when I was doing SoH and Custodes
>>
>>85553302
I haven't played dominion yet but I haven't had a single problem with lack of scoring. The recon squads can leap out of their sniper perches around turn 4 if I need to grab a few extra points and the command squad has pretty much never been fully wiped (though the praetor constantly dies versus paragon blades when I do retard challenges)
Leviathans are fine since people need to come to me as well with night fighting active
Terror squads are mixed 5/5 rotor volkite and are probably the worst units in the army. They're too squishy, they don't deal damage, snipers probably just pin better, they don't have line etc etc. But I like the way they look so I keep using em
>>
>>85553371
>people need to come to me as well with night fighting active
Has no one figured out it's possible to bring searchlights and augury scanners?
>>
>>85553382
no one pays extra for search lights
I snipe out the augury scanners
>>
File: iron tard.jpg (132 KB, 1024x844)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>85553364

NOOOO ITS NOT TRUE

IRON WARRIORS ARE THE REAL CHADS

PERTURABO IS BEST PRIMARCH

IMPERIAL FISTS ARE CHUDS
>>
>>85553395
>no one pays extra for search lights
What, it's only like 5 points. Why spend on augury scanners but then cheap out on searchlights?
>>
>>85553415
because scanners pull triple duty between deepstrikes, night fighting, and terrain dense infiltrates
>>
>>85553396
This post makes absolutely no sense at all. Why would the Iron Warriors use /leftypol/ terms like chud?
>>
>>85550954
There was a great short story (Unity?) that showcases some surviving TW being very hard pressed to make ends meet and how physical and mental decline ravaged them.
In the end I allways saw them as regular guys bloated up to near Ogryn level who just werent engineered for long term survival. A raw, brute form of physical and rudementary mental augmentation that produced shock-troops that were meant to be spent.
>Mega PTSD and roid rages.
>>
File: cb8.jpg (32 KB, 552x446)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>85553396
>>
>>85553425
But it is only 5 pts to avoid your vehicles getting cucked by night fighting.
People take dozer blades, yet you can just drive around terrain. I don't understand people sometimes.
>>
>>85553433
It is wierd anyway, why are they referencing a cool old movie about illegal dumps of hazardous material affects homeless people? Just proves they hate poor and even more so disenfranchised people.
>>
>>85553433

it's a long story, anon...
>>
>>85553479
Not him, but I believe it is a very small fraction of those people that hang around these places that carry that stuff over. Funny how there are extra levels for wierdos beyond 4chan. I mean we have and had /b/ but it goes deeper, I guess.
>>
>>85552390
>>85552493
>generally better than Vets
So what’s the RIGHT way to run vets? Wish they could take shields
>>
Getting ready to build my first son's of horus terminator squads. What are some good weapon loadouts? They have so many options, and the weapons are too small to magnetize.
>>
>>85553850

Are we talking about JUSTaerins or regular termies? Tartarus or cataphracts? Thunder hammers are a good choice for this edition. How are you going to transport them? That can also help in deciding loadouts.
>>
File: Adobe_20220716_210416.png (560 KB, 1200x900)
560 KB
560 KB PNG
>>85553850
Thunderhammers.
>>
File: 1659862126694.png (679 KB, 1006x999)
679 KB
679 KB PNG
>>85549650
It's goofy.
>>
>>85553896
I hadn't really figured that out yet. A few boxes of cataphractii and a few boxes of tartoros.

I guess just what are some good general purpose loadouts?
>>
File: ft5jy7i62yf91.jpg (58 KB, 493x577)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>85549650
It looks like a fucking furry out of flashgitz
>>
Gib new bread bro plz
>>
>>85554072
dog looks like a dog, more news at 5
>>
New Thread:>>85554160
>>
>>85544023
Wossat helmet from?
>>
>>85553928
JUSTaerin
>>
>>85553490
4chan is surface level at best these days, most altchans are basically open air asylums.
>>
cant find the vexilia rules anywhere? Where are they in the books? What do they do?

Sagyar Mazan are fearless so I imagine I don't need them

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.