[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 62 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: Dcg-BT9-035.png (65 KB, 430x600)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
Starry Night edition

Previous >>85505258

>Basics Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/rzB2p6ie

>Anon's Locals Survival Guide
https://pastebin.com/xXp5jShL

>EN BT-09 questionnaire
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18qczkz11sGUMjOKLvA5G7U2Dnzx_7VyQwdyHpoUTVNg/viewform?edit_requested=true

>News
Banlist, Errata:
https://world.digimoncard.com/rule/

New and Upcoming Releases:
https://world.digimoncard.com/products/

Final results for the Illustration Competition; Promo packs coming Summer 2022
https://compe.japandesign.ne.jp/digimon-ic-2022/en/result/final/

The winner of the Product Character Theme Poll is "Angewomon & LadyDevimon"
https://digimoncard.com/news/vote_digimon-supply_result.php

EN release of BT-09 "X Record" out now in nearly all territories, except for Asmodee UK stores where it is delayed until August 12th

EN BT-10 "Xros Encounter" releases October 14th (featuring Ghost Rare Alphamon)
https://www.gtsdistribution.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=FBF261E1B4704A3883BE9445F62C9C31

JP EX-03 Draconic Roar is out now, EN release November 11th
https://www.gtsdistribution.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=815D5FD3FDC04C0385DBF109CFC94CF1

BT11 Dimensional Phase releases September 30th in JP

>TQ
Which Baby/In-Training Digimon would you like to see get a Digi-Egg card that hasn't already?
>>
File: Gorillamon_(Digimon).gif (17 KB, 320x320)
17 KB
17 KB GIF
Say hi to tari
>>
>>85539047
Hi tari
>>
File: file.png (1.7 MB, 1824x656)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
Hows this for a wargrey?
Alterous mdoe is the promo one since dev doesnt have it.
>>
Whats the Dragonic Overlord of digi tcg
>>
File: file.png (299 KB, 313x437)
299 KB
299 KB PNG
>>85539200
>>
File: customDeck(2).jpg (418 KB, 1350x711)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
i tried to give my deck as much explosive diarhea as i could, how is it?
>>
File: images (2).jpg (66 KB, 480x640)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>85539216
Is he good nowadays since hes from BT2?

What about this guy?
>>
>>85539451
No to both.
>>
>>85539451
Hes a tech at best and dorugora is used in dexdoru but people prefer drac dex.
>>
File: Raiden shit.jpg (321 KB, 1080x593)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
I did want to get some ideas on if there might be some better ways to refine this Raidenmon deck. I figured leaning into the multicolor might be nice with Maki as a primary tamer here, but otherwise I know the deck's fairly janky
>>
>>85539594
You should probably run Deltamon if you want to make this deck work.
>>
File: 1403065855200.jpg (200 KB, 1000x707)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>85539594
Every time I see Raidenmon decks I can't help but think its a worse Machinedramon
>>
Paildramon chads (which is the deck's real name and win condition btw), has anyone found Ice Wall to not really be worth it in OTK format? Also, has anyone tried out multiple Mimi to get more rookies out for aggro/finishers? Just wondering what people have tried out to improve the deck, since the deck definitely feels viable.
>>
>>85539750
It is, and by extension Machindramon is just a worse Blackwargreymon/Gaiomon.
>>
Do you have a custom playmat? If so what art did you use and where did you get it from? I just want a memory counter, I feel so broke using the cards.
>>
>>85539832
I took pic related, cut out the brown border, stretched it out to playmat size, edited out the text (badly), slapped a new Digimon Card Game Logo on the side, and put memory counters on the top and bottom so that I can flip it around and use it either way. It's not done printing so I can't see if it turned out well, but I'll show the finished product when I do get it.

This guy made custom assets like a memory gauge and card zones you can use, including the .psd to edit it and use your own fonts. There's also a bunch of textless/zoneless official art if you wanted one of the official mats.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1H2hEf_zDWCPRDF81wIRIkAhJymHMH47n

The official site also has some official designs you can print out.
https://world.digimoncard.com/rule/
>>
>>85539832
Forgot to mention, I'm getting it printed from a local photo lab. Just check what kind of print services are in your area, and go for a "mouse pad" or "gamer pad" and see what dimensions they require. If you really have nothing available though, just look for an online print on demand service like Redbubble, Printify, or Printful.
>>
>>85539832
I design my own and occasionally do thread requests. What are you looking for? If you want a memory gauge mat get one from ebay or amazon. There's some nice art there
>>
File: 819-8PLcoOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (258 KB, 1500x890)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>85540098
Personally I'm just looking for a basic mat with the memory gauge, the zones, and that's about it. I like to keep my mats simplistic. I'd like this one if not for all the sprites in the background making it so busy.
>>
>>85540139
Etsy have custom printers selling that mat. You might be able to contact them and ask for the overlay on a plain background. It's not difficult for them to do it.
>>
>>85539726
Promo Deltamon? Didn't even know that dude existed. Would be an easy swap for the Cyclones and possibly even the Hooks
>>85539750
It's definitely not as good, but I think that's part of the charm in a way. Something just a bit weirder and jankier to fuck around with.
>>85539772
I've considered BWG/Gaiomon for locals, feels like it might be up my alley. Any tips on staples I'd need to run that one?
>>
>>85540187
Promo Deltamons, BY9 Megadramons, BT8 Greymons and Metalgreymons. Bt9 Maki and Tapirmon. Try to keep the enemy memory screwed and kill dem kids.
>>
>>85540184
The ones who sell it ship from Hong Kong so I kind of doubt it, but I'll shoot my shot and see.
>>
>>85540187
>I've considered BWG/Gaiomon for locals, feels like it might be up my alley. Any tips on staples I'd need to run that one?
Besides what this guy said >>85540215, I also recommend:
Cyclomon from BT8 is good champion filler after the Deltamon and BT8 Greymons. If your deck uses BT8 Agumon, the Cyclomon is a dragonkin so it can be searched by that Agumon. You also want BT8 Hawkmons for searchers.
P-009 Agumon is one of the best rookies for this, but ST-1 Agumon can stand in for it decently. Besides that get 2-3 Hiro for the deck. Great memory setter and also helps make sure your BWG and Gaiomon can swing over anything.
As far as removal cards, I think Ultimate Flare is your best bet as its the only one that gets through Alphamon, Wargreymon X and Metalgarurumon X.
>>
>>85540187
Consider if you want to do agumon tribal, black base, or a mixture. Generally agumon tribal is more aggressive and gives you protection in the form of the x antibody greymon, while black base is more control. Typically you don’t run megadramon or deltamon in the red base version since searching out greymons with agumon searchers is more consistent with more greymons in deck, and nokia does what maki does in its tap effect but lets you play a searcher as well. You could do a red base with deltamons and megadramons but then you miss out on consistent searches and greymon x protection. If you don’t care for the most optimal ways to play the game then ignore that and do what you want but keep it in mind
>>
Herro 4chins. It is shinji from za glorious nippons. Four people turn up to my store dis evening and we played za deegeemonz. I came the tops with my seadlamon deck desu ne. Prease tell evely wan dish is top deck inz meta now it won event yes? Six month time seadramon best deck on digimonmeta. Make undefeat YouTube bideo crickbait!!
>>
>>85538937
>TQ
I want a DigiTama for the Jesmon line.
>>
>>85540661
>You could do a red base with deltamons and megadramons but then you miss out on consistent searches
Hawkmon has pretty good searches for the Deltamon/Cyclomon/Megadramon build.
>>
>>85540970
True, but you play hawkmon from nokia, and it still makes your agumon searchers less consistent
>>
>>85541047
*you can’t play hawkmon from nokia
>>
>>85541047
>>85541055
You probably don't want to play Nokia in either build. You have Cool Boy for the Greymon X build and Maki for the Black multicolor build.
>>
>>85540215
>>85540364
>>85540661
Good shit, thank you guys. Might stick with Agumon tribal or a possible mix, I feel like I've stuck mostly with black decks so I'd like to push out at least a bit. Plus getting more reuse from ST-1 is always good in my book.
Either way, I'll try putting a deck together and might come back for refinements.
>>
File: chicchimon.jpg (13 KB, 316x318)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>85538937
>Which Baby/In-Training Digimon would you like to see get a Digi-Egg card that hasn't already?
Chapmon for blue.
Puroromon for green.
Arkadimon for purple.
Kozenimon for black.
Chicchimon for yellow.
Sunmon for red.

These In-Training would lead to a pretty fun looking set too. It's way past time for Arkadimon to show up.
>>
>>85541094
You’re right that you don’t play nokia in black base. You could run cool boy if you want to run 4 agu x, 4 greymon x, 4 metalgrey x, but from what I’ve seen people don’t do that. The agumons already grab greymon x and metalgrey x if that’s being run. When I say greymon tribal, I don’t mean bwg x antibody, I haven’t seen bwg x antibody. Probably because the blocker greymons and security +1 greymons are already really good
>>
Has the game ever been more hostile to non meta decks? Dexmon and otk decks sitting in raising to kill you with protection against options is insane. How do you deal with that?

Do the survive promo digimon have anything to offer in this meta? They all seem good against Imperial playing out veemons and imperial has disappeared.
>>
>>85539832
I have a custom mat, not even with memory gauge since I play other card games. You dont need the zones (I am left handed anyways) and the person in front of me always has the thing in their playmat. I can always use the starter decks one and they always work fine.
>>
File: punished.png (3.2 MB, 1778x1204)
3.2 MB
3.2 MB PNG
>>85541231
>How do you deal with that?
unironically
>>
>>>85533194
You forgot My Hero Academia TCG
Which has the same bland rules as One Piece and DB plus generic stock art, which is funny since the TCG made by Takara years ago had original art
>>
>>85542172
That one isn't actually put out by Bandai. It's just one of many licenses that are in UniVersus (formerly Universal Fighting System) which doesn't play anything like DBS or One Piece
>>
I kind of want to go max rarity on my Sakuyamon deck but I know that money could be spent better on just making other decks....
And if I'm going to do it I need to buy them soon before they start spiking for BT10
>>
>>85542372
Just do it, I max rarity decks i know i love (greymon shit). Or you can just do a 2/2 alt art split
>>
>>85538937
I'd love to play a Four sovereigns deck. The issue is it's 4 colors and that just doesn't seem good. Or a Kimeramon deck. But again, that seems like multicolor deck.
>>
>>85542431
Theyll probably do one later like how they did 4 great dragons.
>>
>>85542172
I have a bad feelings about all these bandai TCG
>Be executive retard
>Your company makes a card game (Digimon)
>Its doing extremely well
>Make another, its more free money right? (One piece)
>Game is not even out for a month, has good hype
>Just release another one, I am such a good business man
It just reeks of old men thinking more products more sales.
>>
>>85542696
Bandai has a shit ton of money they could afford to take a loss on some card games
>>
>>85542721
They can but the immediate reaction of these people when things go back is to shift blame and sac business lines, I just hope whoever is leading the digimon card game has more leverage than the dragon ball or one piece one.
>>
Man Sakuyamon just lacks any kind of early game agression you can't swing until you get to level 6 because even if your digimon survives the check they're just vulnerable to attack and building up to Sakuya is too important. It's also just so impossible to keep anything on the board with so much removal on digivolve effects. I so desperately want the deck to be good it's just even with the BT10 support it just isn't going to cut it against the uber fast decks like MetalGaruru X.
>>
>>85542910
At least you got some good cards, Henryfags are fucking starving.
>>
How much do you think the new metalgreymon alterous mode going to drop? I have 3 of them and probably won't be using them
>>
>>85543064
10 maybe? It's been staying pretty high.
>>
>>85543064
Greymon support doesn't drop in price. Especially promos.
>>
File: 1574747945435.jpg (1.23 MB, 4096x2355)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>85543129
>be greymonfag
>will always get more cards and support
>if it ever happens to be actually good it's gonna be more expensive than any other deck's alternatives barring hyper meta stuff
>>
>>85542372
If you feel like they're gonna spike, then I don't know why you wouldn't just buy more than 4 and sell them come BT10.
>>
>>85543129
People are selling them for around $20 on tcgplayer now so you think they are going to stay around that price?
>>
>>85543310
Fuck no, its hyper specific since it works in grey decks only, i can see it remain in 10s but its not generic enough like sunarizamon to warrant that price.
>>
>>85543330
>since it works in grey decks only
If any Digimon line is going to get constant updates as long as this game survives it's going to be Greymons.
>>
>pulled alt art AIDScat
Bros... I'm not feeling so good...
>>
>>85543532
Welcome to the club, fren
Time to build purple/yellow AIDS jogress.dek
>>
>>85543532
>MetalGarurumon X (alt) for the second
Aw man, I'm fucking disappointed. Was hoping for Jellymon and anything that has nice card art. At least the Okuwamon promo is the one that green decks want, right?
>>85543562
Now that you mention it, it's not the first purple/yellow alt art I've pulled. Maybe I should take the (mei)coomer pill.
>>
>>85543608
>Was hoping for Jellymon
Just buy it, it's like 10-12 bucks.
>>
>>85540880
is this autism?
>>
>>85543712
Yeah, I will. I have the regular version twice, and a pre-release. So it'll add up just nicely if I simply buy the alt.
>>
>>85512795
>>85518384
Everything arrived no problems, even got some dash packs. Wound up pulling two alt art BT3-111 (Imp DM), and an alt art BT1-060 (MagnaAngemon) from the special pack boosters so I'm pretty pleased.
>>
>>85543841
good to know
>>
>>85542910
You play renamons to search and throw them at security after.
>>85542920
I've been testing terriermon.dec and the new terrier line is great until you hit level 6. The deck has 2 real problems and they're not terriermone fault.

1, you need a way to gain memory to play your level 6s. Old megagargomon is strong enough to be a viable deck with new rapid and kokuwamon getting 4 checks in 1 swing. Problem is you need an izzy to get that memory. Which now opens you up to deathxmon or you get hit with removal and lose your stack.

2. You rely on your opponent having a digimon on board to trigger your extra checks and memory.

New rapid is onenof the best green cards ever printed. He can trade with 11k digimon regularly and gives extra checks in the right board state.

Terrier getting the new dual tamer letting them use megadeath or gigadeath will make the deck much stronger. Davis and Ken is too expensive when you lack dual colors to evolve into and get the restand.
>>
File: agumans.jpg (354 KB, 810x626)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
Sup bitches. Got me these sweet aguman cards. I know you're a beta and I'm an alpha so I get 3 for free while you only get 1. Better luck next time chuds!

I might try playing 1 or 2 of them in a risegreymon x deck. Not sure if I want the red or yellow base. Yellow is more defensive while red can get lots of checks and make better use of kimeramon.
>>
>>85543981
>Problem is you need an izzy to get that memory
It's called Hammer Spark
>B-but where's the blue?
It's called Davis, the Green searcher. Alternatively you can do Yellow Tamer/Blinding Ray to combo with Armor Rapidmon.
>>
>>85544202
>3
>Not even a playset
Cucked.
>>
I have a question concerning Gallantmon X.

So I have a stack with X-Antibody, some crap in the middle, a Wargrowlmon ST7 (gives sec attack +1 when you delete an opponent digimon), and a Takato on the board.

On my turn I evolve into EX2 Gallantmon, taking the memory into opponent side to 1. Blitz from Takato triggers so I can attack, and when attacking I delete an 8000 or less enemy digimon, triggering the security attack plus from Wargrowl. Then next when attack effect - X Antibody triggers, allowing me to go into Gallant X for 1, which when digivolving allows it to unsuspend if it doesn’t delete an enemy, so now it’s unsuspended, attacking for 2 checks.

Those resolve, it doesn’t get deleted, because it’s still got Blitz from Takato, opponent has two memory and it unsuspended, can I attack again for 2 more checks?

Thanks for reading and for answers.
>>
>>85544270
I'm pretty sure you can't get Blitz again if you digivolve mid-attack.
>>
>>85544263
Davis competes with Henry for slots and ex2 terrier line need a green tamer to trigger.
>>
>>85544319
Have you tried the 2-color Tri tamers?
>>
>>85544270
You can't declare a fresh attack while attacking so the second blitz loses its timing window of [when digivolving] because it happens during the resolution of your original attacks effects.
>>85544268
4th is on the way. Had to find another code.
>>
>>85544304
>>85544270
Correct. Rule 9 here: https://digimoncardgame.fandom.com/wiki/Blitz

Good question though, as it's probably rare for this situation to come up and would be rad as fuck if you could do that.
>>
>>85544270
Once Takato gives blitz to a digimon, you keep its effect for the whole turn.
Problem is that blitz is specifically "when digivolving" so you can only declare an attack right after digivolving, not after you attacked
>>
>>85544341
You can't reliably trigger it. Your opponent has to attack you or you need to have a level 6 to keep one of their digimon suspended. It's the same problem for green. It's too reactive and lacks a way to pressure your opponent into giving you what you need. Green really needs them to reprint st5 greymon in green instead of black. Even if ita dual colour. Make it put opponents in a lose lose situation. Sora and Mimi isn't a bad option either since it gains you memory if they don't give you something to suspend but that's a nombo since you need the memory to suspend it and don't get it if it's in play. So Davis and Ken is still the best option but strictly worse than the 3 cost gainers like Cody and Yolei. Green being the bridesmaid to blue is a severe handicap. When we get another good lvl 5 rapidmon Willis will do the job. I would expect the meta to have passed on by then and the insane memory gain we see floating around might not be relevant any more.
>>
File: IMG-20220801-WA0009.jpg (48 KB, 480x360)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>stand you 6 times
>>
>>85544863
Stabs*
>>
File: IMG_20220806_143256__01.jpg (1.9 MB, 4000x1461)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB JPG
Local digimon card choices (pic 1 of 2)
I'd never buy loose packs from open blisters like that, but it's still cool to see it.
>>
File: IMG_20220806_143417__01.jpg (1.28 MB, 4000x896)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
>>85545188
Oh yeah, the store is a Media Markt. Funnily enough, my local small nerd shop for tabletop and TCG never had any Digimon.
>>
>>85544202
Killing memory rookies is really good utility.
>>
>>85544863
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE7hbZ4aS0E&ab_channel=JSpence
>>
>>85545188
>>85545199
based double dubs and pure German efficiency.
loving those e-ink price tags too, so crisp and probably have wi-fi microcontrollers too
>>
I have a question about the x-antibody from bt09

Can i stack then to make a massive wall of cards ?
For example stacking agumon x on top of agumon x and then doing the same with greymon x
>>
>>85545377
agumon!=agumon x
So no.
>>
>>85545377
Agumon X cannot evolve on an Agumon X, because its name is not "Agumon".
>>
>>85545377
Agumon X only evolves on top of "Agumon", not "a card with agumon in its name", so you can't evolve it on top of another agumon X (nor could you evolve it on top of agubond).
You can still make big piles with agu/aguX/Grey/GreyX etc...
>>
>>85545188
>>85545199
>3.99
Damn thats actually a good price. Packs usually go for 5 bucks.
Where are you from?
>>
Can you stack Weregarurumon Sagitarius mode?
>>
>>85545500
Yes you can
>>
>>85545482
Not him but where are you paying $5? Everywhere I'm at in Minnesota it's $4
>>
Why do people defend the game being made unplayable? What makes them think it's a good idea to make the game as uninteresting as possible by having otk decks hide in raising so you're goldfishing against each other?
>>
>>85545910
A lot of people hate this format what are you talking about?
>>
>>85545729
The guy who posted the picture is located in Germany over here packs cost 5€ at hobby stores.
>>
>>85546122
I'm talking about the reaponse to it. Have you not seen the heuh heuh git gud crowd? How do you improve your luck in security and drawing your pieces before your opponent does?
>>
>>85541707
Are these out in english? If so, how do you get them?
>>
>>85545910
Did someone forget to take their meds this morning?
>>
This format isn’t great, which is unfortunate considering bt8 was pretty good. Too bad we got less time with it in the rush to catch up. I don’t know if limiting jetsilphymon and tommy was good for the start of this format, but if it’s between otk and otk, yellow hybrid security, and blue hybrid, I’ll pick the former to be honest
>>
>>85546340
Fuck hybrids
>>
>>85546371
>tfw you'll never spin JetSilphymon's pinwheel nipples
>>
>>85546340
You're not seeing the big picture. Yellow and blue hybrid both gained deathxmon with the new format. They became stronger and weaker in different ways.

The problem isn't just that this format isn't great. The 3 formats have been pretty awful and we're being told blue flare and xros harts are more of the same. That's almost a year of bad formats with some imperial in the middle. Almost half the games life span has been formats players are complaining about the lack of interaction. How many will pick up flesh and blood or one of the new Bandai tcgs because Digimon is dead set on making decks last 3 months each and barely interact with the opponent? A decks power should be balanced by its counter deck and power creep went from unkillable tamers to unkillable digimon from raising and a meat grinder for any thing outside of raising.
>>
>>85546233
>How do you improve your luck in security and drawing your pieces before your opponent does?
Better deckbuilding. I'm not saying that this format's good or anything, and the Bandai+ app makes things even more annoying (supposedly last tourney was a disaster), but as someone from a locals where there are a few regulars who top those online regionals/ultimate cups frequently, the better players have still consistently been doing better in the new meta.
>>
>>85546563
The app isn't even an app. It all points to their website.

Most the decks were seeing play themselves if you're not retarded. And taking a deck list from the last major event is going to get you 99% of the way there in deck building. It doesn't matter if you're a better player if you don't interact with your opponent. You're not out playing them, you're hoping to draw better or have better security. Which is a problem. There's 4 otk decks right now with different immunities. Some of them you can answer and others you can't, so you can be paired against Alpha and your answers don't work or paired against metalgaruru and now app your options are live. You can't predict your pairings so you're playing rock paper scissors and hoping your security matches up if you have any security at all. D reaper doing well because it can run enough security bombs to prevent the otk and dexmon to keep the board clear.
>>
>>85546456
Everyone gained deathxmon, it works a little better in some decks than others but yellow/blue hybrid aren’t one of the better. Besides, it works better against them since they play so many tamers. I wouldn’t say gaining deathx outweighs the limits to the two hybrid decks.

So I joined near the end of bt7, I believe the last month of it or so. I actually liked bt7 and 8. They both have their annoying decks but from what I understand so did every previous format. They were interactable meta decks. Fast, but not uninteractive. I’m not too certain about anything before bt7. I think for bt9 all of the top decks are actually bad for the games health, and bt10 seems to continue the trend. Hopefully there’s accessible tamer removal printed soon, as well as a limit on cool boy, I feel like he’s the biggest enabler for the top decks of bt9. Maybe a semi limit/limit on x antibody, having effective blitz is also insane, but if cool boy were limited I think a lot of things would be better
>>
>>85546685
Since you joined near the end I don't think you got the full experience.

Yellow hybrid recovered and played tamers to gain insane amounts of memory. It regularly decked its opponents out because it lost its win condition with no way to make Susano cheaper. Playing against a deck that sits back and does nothing but play tamers you can't remove in hopes their security doesn't bone you isn't fun. Deathx would have made this deck even worse.

Blye hybrid gained insane amounts of memory locking their opponents digimon down while playing a consistent searchers and floodgates to always be applying tempted pressure. Deathx wouldn't fit well here but it would have been a great stun target for sora and Joe to thrive off of.

People got sick of being told nothing they did mattered because yellow ignored you for the most part and blue punished you for trying to play anything to the board.

Bt8 came out and yellow hybrid was the second biggest deck in the format still ignoring every deck weaker than Imperial and able to tech against Imperial pretty well. Blue reappeared and locked everything down again and popular decks like armor rush and the ex2 decks were unplayable in any competitive scene including locals.

Now bt9 has brought us 4 new decks you can't interact with except your security. And if you try to play any of those fair ex2 decks you're getting a deathxmon up your butthole and told to stop trying to play digimon in the digimon game. And next set looks to bring back blue hybrid and another otk deck with ways to recover from removal we struggled to piece together to stop the current otk deck.

Digimon has 4 major problems right now.
Raising makes it impossible to prevent your opponent otking you without luck or yellow recovery.
Tamers generate huge advantage and only a level 6 can remove 4 cost tamers outside of lucemon. And they can keep playing tamers.
Dexmon destroys fair decks.
Answers have been power crept to the point of useless more often than not
>>
>>85546685
Pt2.

Cool boy only works outside of raising and it's another example of ban Tommy when Sora and Joe is enabling blue hybrid way more than Tommy was and is powering Blue flare next set. The community doesn't understand the shoulder enables the fist to punch you and want the fist banned. But there's always another fist to attach to that shoulder. And that's why many people have pointed out Tommy ban was wrong and it needed to the memory engine shutting down enabling blue decks to break the game.

The game needs to seriously readdress its priorities in design. Players want to interact with each other in meaningful ways. I'm going to say any format where geogreymon or snimon from security is good is what most digimon players are looking for. Where you have 2 or 3 digimon and a tamer on board and you're looking to get around their blocker or you're both in a level 6 stare down daring each other to swing. That seems to be the experience most players are looking for.

It's also the experience completely missing from the last 3 metas. I explained hybrids and then Imperial goes from raising into paildra, checks a bunch, into dragon and then you have to answer 3 guys or you lose/lose to paildra number 2. And there's not a whole lot you can do about that except rely on your security. Which makes digimon stop being digimon and start being security wars. Flip 5 cards and the winner is the guy with the better flips.. Which is to no one's surprise a really bad player experience. And one Bandai may have backed themselves into a corner with unless they find a way to deal with tamers on mass and all the otk or pseudo otks like paildramon.

A lot of digimon players came from yugioh when the game became turn 0 wins with some decks locking others out better than others. Digimon is rapidly chasing that turn 0 win where neither player can touch the other so they have to draw better and not shit the bed. And rightfully many players are ready to quit because of that.
>>
>>85546947
I got the full yellow hybrid experience, that shit sucked to fight, swinging into security could give them massive advantage for next turn or destroy your digimon that turn.

I’ll give you blue hybrid, I played against a decent amount but they ran koji, kendogaruru, magnagaruru. Didn’t get the full experience there.

I’ll give you bt8 as well, my enjoyment of bt7 and bt8 (even with yellow hybrid) probably has to do with my locals people playing a variety of decks that aren’t just top meta, so even if I had a game against yellow hybrid, the next guy was playing green hybrid, and bt7 x antibody the guy after that.

These new otk decks are on a different level though, the only interaction you get is security. At the very least with xros heart they don’t kill your floodgate rookies just doing their normal combo (not defending that deck, you shouldn’t lose nothing from having your digimon die) unlike most of the otk decks.

Unfortunately deathx is as good against meta as non meta, if it’s banned it’ll be missed for bt10.

I think raising wouldn’t be a problem since before, you could do a keep in raising otk red deck but it wasn’t consistent and you risked losing the game by keeping your digimon in raising, but it’s a problem now that the new otk decks are fast as fuck.

I agree wholeheartedly about tamers, I think tamer hate should be top priority for printing, although it could destroy fair decks too, like justimon or megagargo.

Powercreep is something Bandai seems terrible about, although this seems to be a long standing problem, even before this year from what I’ve heard.
>>
>>85547101
Sora and Joe has always been weird to me, purple, green, black, even yellow 2 mem gain tamers don’t fuel their own ability to gain 2 memory through their effect.

Yeah, again my experience was different for bt7 and 8, but I can agree the game is at its most fun in the situations you described. I too came from yugioh which is at its most fun in playground meta. Digimon is too small to not care about these issues like yugioh seemingly is. I truly hope it doesn’t also turn into “well the game is only fun if you’re not playing non meta vs nonmeta”.
>>
>>85545188
Does the green deck has anything valuable
>>
>>85547887
Define valuable.

Little izzy is good for green hybrid decks.
Kabuteri sees a decent amount of play as a 1 cost blocker.
Megakabuteri is powerful enough where it can pop up in the meta with a tiny amount of support from a new set.
Lilly is a good searcher but not very relevant right now.

It shelf warms a lot because its only staple is kabuteri and that doesn't fit every green deck.
>>
>check out dcg group on facebook
>NA players crying about new meta decks
It's all so tiresome
>>
How is the metalgreymom vs grankuwaga match-up?
>>
Ban Blitz Omnimon.
>>
File: BT2-047.png (149 KB, 430x601)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
Unrestrict Argomon.
>>
>Get Tabletop Simulator to play digimon
>Load the deck
>It only loads (finds) 1 card
What now? is this a known issue?
>>
>>85549046
Where are you importing from?
>>
>>85549075
digimoncard dev
>>
>>85549085
Well I don't know you're doing something wrong never had any issue importing a deck from there
>>
>>85549091
hm yeah I dont get it either. I followed a guide on youtube but it only ever finds the starmon. I tried a different deck now and now it at least finds 29 cards. I guess I'm making progress.
>>
>>85549268
Are you using the correct version of the mod?
>>
>>85549350
The automated digimon tcg one, right?
I'm reinstalling it now.
>>
Alternate formats developed yet?
>>
>>85549366
This is the one you need
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2692441096
>>
>>85549397
God damnit, I had the first version and not V2. I'm dumb.
>>
There's no special tech to Armor Rush, is there? It's just slam all the Veemon, Veemon Armor forms, and a mix of the support options+tamers and fucking GO, right?
If I want to slot in MagnaX, do I need any other support cards for it? or is he just taking up some Option/Tamer/Veemon space?
>>
>>85549543
No. It's quite complex despite looking simple. Knowing when to use fire rocket and in some cases when to dna Into paildra or magna x in the new builds.

It's aggro combo and you need to use those fire rockets to stand a chance.
>>
>>85549586
so, for options, im guessing i definitely need 4 of Fire Rocket, and probably 3-4 of Texture just to keep the combo running. Plasma Shot and Lightning Blade worth running, or should i look for other options?
>>
>>85549616
Fire rocket is worth it. Armor texture is debatable. Awakening is a usual 3 of with magna x right now. The rest are basically worthless but plasma shot can be good if your meta is full of targets. Hammer spark, ice wall and megadeath are all worth running In some number.

Davis and Ken is vital, 3 of and then 2 or 3 davis

Your veemon mix matters. So do your eggs but that's personal preference. You can lean the deck into more defensive with shakkou or paildra as well as magna x. There's no perfect build and I lesn towards paildra to make it super aggro and stingmon is cheap and reloads your hand too.
>>
deck space is too fuckin TIGHT
>>
File: FGwLTcTXIAEBKYI.png (112 KB, 710x464)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
Play D-Brigade. Best way to ruin your metafagging opponent's day
>>
>>85550349
I love D-Brigade but I'm not buying three Dexmons to make it viable in this meta.
>>
>>85550349
Post a decklist, i have all the pieces for d brigade but havent done shit with it.
>>
File: d-brigade list.png (700 KB, 1315x361)
700 KB
700 KB PNG
>>85550448
Pretty basic list, you can modify it as you see fit. You don't even need to run DeathXmon, but it's still a great card
>>
>>85550513
No Chikurimon? I figured another security card that can dedigivolve would be good.
>>
>>85550551
Not a fan of chikurimon in the current meta. Yes, you are de-digivolving 1, but it doesn't do a lot to stop OTK decks, since they keep checking
>>
>>85550551
Chikurimon will return in the BT10 meta.
>>
>>85550428
Yeah much as I want to, I'll wait for EX3 to revive my D-Brigade deck
>>85550513
Though this is pretty solid. I don't run Nanimon but that might be to my detriment
>>
>>85550563
Dedigivolve will end Ouryuken and Weregarurumon OTK. Might buy you a turn on Greymon X
>>
BT11 spoilers when
>>
File: 1627004022907.webm (88 KB, 720x404)
88 KB
88 KB WEBM
>>85529017
Well, I took it to my Store Championship tournament to give it a try... AND I FUCKING ENDED UP IN 1ST!
Goddamn, D-Brigades chew through Black X-Antibody like crazy.
It went like this:
>1st round vs Gallantmon (free win, guy was a noob with a barely improved Starter Deck)
>2nd round vs Ouryuken
>3rd round vs Beelstar
>4th round vs Ouryuken (with teched DeathX)
>5th round vs Garuru X
Feels great playing ChaD-Brigade.
>>
>>85550765
D/D/D-Brigade when
>>
File: RapidmonX_Sketches.jpg (163 KB, 1046x727)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>85542920
Rapidmon X-antibody is gonna be great. Trust me.
>>
>>85550832
There's some interesting potential design space coming from the fact that there are both level 4 and level 5 cards called "Rapidmon." I hope they find a way to take advantage of it.
>>
>>85550832
So, is that supposed to be based off of the Golden Armor Rapidmon for the X?
>>
>>85550513
>said that I have all the pieces
I SPENT ONE FUCKING MONTH GATHERING D BRIGADES BUT FORGOT TO GET THE BABIES.
>>
>>85550853
Except it's green so it's going to suck in any decks that support it and end up being fodder for yellow instead.

>>85550765
Enjoy getting wrecked by d reaper, deathx and magna x once people see you playing rookie rush.
>>
>>85551036
DeathX just turns on Darkdramon faster.
>>
>>85550865
Yep! It showed up in a V-Pet. That way Magnamon X isn't lonely.
>>
File: 1624039105645.jpg (22 KB, 480x356)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>85551036
Luckily for me I only show up at my locals thrice per year.
>>
>>85548895
this and hpd both need to come back to 4, they're so weak compared to what other colors have.
>>
>>85550832
I want henry terriermon, not from that mutt willis. I just want them to do matrix evolution and to be broken as fuck before I quit this game
>>
>>85551158
HPD's sacky enough in Imperial. It really is a card that can never come back.
>>
>>85551550
>>85551158
Yeah seriously Imperial would be tier 0 with unrestricted HPD.
>>
>>85551158
I play imperialdramon and the games I lose once I draw that card are close to 5%. card is insane.
>>
>>85551568
How so? Getting a free imperial dragon or fighter that good?
>>
>>85551692
In magical (digital?) christmas land:
Attack with Paildramon once
Evolve into Dragon Mode with HPD
Play two level 4s
DNA level 4s into new Paildramon
Attack with new Paildramon twice
Evolve into another Dragon Mode for two more level 4s on board
>>
Store Championship on Monday should I play Imperial, MagnaX Armor Rush, or meme it up and play Sakuya?
>>
Guys I just got into the game dont leave
>>
>>85551941
Don't worry bro BT11 is out soon it's going to fix EVERYTHING and they'll all be back
>>
>>85551941
Don’t worry unless Bandai goes full retard I’m not leaving, I think the tcg currently has some issues but it’s not doom posting time yet
>>
>>85551735
>In magical (digital?) christmas land
More like every time you HDP
>>
>>85551941
I am never leaving anon
>>
>>85551906
Do you want to win or have fun and maybe place?

You know it’s gonna be Alphamon and Grandis all the way for most of the sweaty WAAC fucks.
>>
>>85551974
first bandai game?
>>
>muh lack of Tamer interaction
fuck you deleting a Tamer is so extremely powerful you lose one to Mastemon or BWG and they basically have won the game right then and there
>>
>>85552734
What are you playing that's simultaneously so reliant on Tamers and running so few that losing one is devastating? Diaboromon?
>>
>Beelzemon deck got 2nd at GenCon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcPMlC8sKb8
fuuuuuuck why must the Beelzemons be so fucking expensive I want to make that deck so bad and that new starter deck won't come out in the US for like 6 months and who knows if it'll have reprints of the BT2 Beelzemon or if it'll have Blast Modes.
>>
>>85552782
Beelstarmon? You lose that blue source for cocytus breath
>>
>>85552841
Okay yeah that's reasonable. Just didn't occur to me. But really that's just meta RPS. You have a good matchup vs Alphamon at the cost of a worse matchup against less generally powerful decks.

Quite a few JP decks ran Gabumon X with no targets just for another blue source they could keep in raising.
>>
>>85552868
True, I thought to mention that but it does rely on drawing gabu x. I’m not that anon, I think accessible tamer destruction needs to be printed but also nuanced as to not destroy decks that get out three tamers a game at most, and it’s always funny to remember diaboromon, but it did occur to me that beelstarmon is probably the one actual deck that fits that criteria
>>
>>85551906
I came first place with Imp against Alpha/Grandis and D-Reaper, had no problem in regular local days against Garuru and Wargreymon either. I think Sakuya has potential if you really wanna give it a go, but I would never touch Armor.
>>
File: customDeck (59).jpg (194 KB, 1080x459)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>85553100
>I think Sakuya has potential
Any opinions on how to build it? I'm always open to tips on how to build Sakuya.
Pic related, had success at locals with this list going 4-1 but it was best of 1 so I think it was pretty fluky.
>>
File: file.png (131 KB, 320x320)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>play war x
>opponents security fucking explodes if i manage to tai and metalgrey x
This shit is hilarious when it works. It feels much better than tribalgrey during bt5 so im glad despite being at the mercy of alpha.
>>
>>85552734
Losing your memory setter can be devastating but your opponent playing 2 Davis and Ken or 2 tk and kari is literally unbeatable more often than not. Your opponent getting 7 memory a turn let's them run away with the game and there needs to be ways to prevent that. Megadramon in bt9 is a great solution except it can't hit the real problem cards as they all cost 4. Which is a design fuck up by Bandai. Making memory setters and memory gainers cost the same makes it impossible to balance the game around having a memory setter while finding a way to nuke the broken stuff. You would need a card saying you can destroy a tamer with and in its name since even dual colour wouldn't hit the best stuff.

>>85552897
You need tamer destruction that can't hit memory setters or they need to print indestructible memory setters with no other effect. But if they do that it will be weird to build decks as everyone would be limited by protecting their setter. I would settle for a 6 cost option that says trash all tamers. Red/black nuking both sides tamers seems fair. Getting the cost right would be key. It can't be 7 because of saggy tits bayonetta but it can't be more because 8 memory let's your opponent replay 2 tamers defeating the point.
>>85553134
Your ratios are totally fucked. It screams bricking. The deck is half complete so you can build it just about any way you want
>>
>>85553428
>Making memory setters and memory gainers cost the same makes it impossible to balance the game around having a memory setter while finding a way to nuke the broken stuff.
Just reprint cards like modokibetamon/terriermon which choke memory gain but remove the "except with tamer's effects" clause. Also make it "both player" like the latest chokers, I really like that design space.
>>
>>85553428
>Your ratios are totally fucked. It screams bricking.
well of course they're fucked that's Sakuya in a nutshell. Even the BT10 lists I've seen are running a low number of Rookies and level 4s because there's just so much other shit you need to fit in for the deck to function.
>>
>>85553449
While I like the idea it doesn't work in practice. Yellow/red will attack with something and turn 2 tamers sideways to remove it from the board. You delay them for 1 turn at most.
>>85553470
So play a real deck instead of a meme one until it gets proper support you furry faggot. The Renamon line can fit well into sunrise buster decks and the original sakuya is meta relevant. Making memory boosts cost 2 and sunrise cost 4 while giving additional -dp is a strong enough effect to be worth messing with. You can play Rika as a free vanilla memory setter and forget thr plug ins exist to make a much stronger deck.
>>
>>85551692
The craziest play was when I gamed someone from 5 security on my third turn
>Exveemon w/Labramon inherit in breeding area, Davis & Ken in battle area
>Raise, start main phase with 3 memory
>Attack with Exveemon, gain 1 memory, draw 1 card
>Play Stingmon, DNA into Paildramon
>Attack with Paildramon, gain 1 memory, draw two cards, unsuspend
>HPD, digivolve into Dragon Mode, unsuspend with Davis & Ken, play Exvee and Sting
>DNA into Paildramon, attack twice and draw two cards (now only 1 security left)
>Digivolve for 2 into Fighter Mode and attack twice for game
You can do variations of this with Hammer Sparks to gain memory, or another Rookie in the Battle Area, multiple Davis & Ken etc. But yeah, HPD kicks the deck into overdrive just from a free Dragon Mode play.
>>
File: IMG-20220705-WA0014.jpg (455 KB, 1080x1080)
455 KB
455 KB JPG
Wifh is the best deck I can made without using these cards?
>>
>>85553779
MetalGaruru X
>>
>>85553779
MetalGaruru X is probably the best deck you can run but a regular WarGreymon X deck with the BT9s subbed out for EX1 or maybe the old Alterous Mode would still be pretty effective.
>>
>>85553807
>with the BT9s subbed out
Shit I meant the BT8s. The MetalGreymons. Anything named MetalGreymon would work in its place if you're running all red level 4s. Alterous Mode (old) is for if you aren't running a ton of MetalGreymon Xs.

Grankuwaga also isn't affected by this list so it's an option.
>>
>>85553779
Who the fuck thinks gabu bonds an issue in the current meta but doesn't hit grandis or garuru x?
>>
File: IMG-20220804-WA0000.jpg (520 KB, 1080x1080)
520 KB
520 KB JPG
>>85553788
>>85553807
Shit that was the old one. This are the cards
>>
>>85553855
My personal pick would be Rookie Rush, just adjust a BT5/BT6 list for current play, but if there's for some reason enough Black players with Kongou then it could an issue.

D-Brigade would be probably solid too for a similar reason, but I've always preferred regular Rookie Rush with the Blinding Ray openers. I think Imperial/Dinobee would actually be okay, because Jamming spam with Dinobee/Lighdra control doesn't sound too bad.
>>
>>85553855
This looks like it could be fun. But dragon mode needed the hit not fighter.

Shame I'm not a mutt and can't speak taco or I would enjoy playing that format.
>>
File: webcamplay.jpg (117 KB, 640x480)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
Hey guys is my webcam good enough for ultimate cups? I got every alt art and stamped card for my deck release week. And I've bought a five dollar webcam and dial up Internet to play. This is okay right?
>>
>>85553855
Only level 5 hybrids are banned? Yellow Hybrid might actually still be playable.
>>
What's the "I don't want to be here but my boyfriend is so he gave me a deck to play" deck of bt9?
>>
>>85553959
Meicoomon, cute cats and ordinemon are made for girls.
>>
>>85553913
kek
>>
>>85553913
Looks good to me, anon. Nice Diaboromon mat!
>>
>>85553652
I have clearly been too dumb to see the hidden potential, but thanks to you I have discovered it.
>>
>>85554144
Green does need HPD but paildra is so strong it would make it a otk deck snd we can't have tho... oh wait.
>>
>>85553855
lol what even is this list?
>>
Marko has been letting his friends chear again and banning any one who speaks up against it.

Why can't we have online events where cheaters get banned?
>>
File: 1621003917764.jpg (396 KB, 1570x1536)
396 KB
396 KB JPG
>>85553855
>Avenge
Why? It's only an answer to TM decks. You already banned BeelStar, is everyone in your locasl dying to make a Gundramon deck or something?
>Imperial
Paildramin is the real star of the deck and you already banned it. Going back to older Paildras or relying solely on Dinobee is enough of a hit IMO
>Promo GranKuwaga
The only reason that car is good it's because of Grandis. You taken Grandis away and promo GranKuwaga returns to its formet state of being the worst GranKuwaga. Seems very stupid to me to ban that.
>Rize X
????
>>
>>85553855
I like the idea of local banlists to shake up the meta, but this is too much and some of those don't need to be banned if you already banned another one.
I'd probably do:
>Magnaangemon, Beelstar, ADR-Gatekeeper, Paildramon, DeathXmon, Magnamon X, Grandis, Dorugreymon, X-antibody option, Sunrize buster
That way you power-down most of the decks without completely destroying them (except for beelstar I guess, but can't think of another way to power it down, remove calling maybe?)
>>
File: 1642852779039.png (2.57 MB, 3219x3127)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB PNG
Won Store Championship with D-Brigade.
Was fun, love this little retard.
Ready to dunk on some greedy players in EX3.
>>
File: 1616254690006.png (45 KB, 467x348)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>85554710
I did too. Feels great to be a Commandrachad.
>>
>>85554424
Gordo hosted. Mark cheated.

Got my wires crossed.
>>
>>85554684
The point is to tear those decks apart so you're forced to play something off meta.
>>85554710
Does it count as a death brigade death when you're winning because of deathx?
>>
>>85554850
>death brigade death
You okay over there anon?
I think I only won like 2 games off of Dex. Most of the time you just slap them with your D-Brigade cock.
Mainly when you force raising gamers to come out to contest board and they have 10 Cool Boys in the back.
Yes, Dexmon is strong in the deck but it's supplemental in patching up your weaknesses rather than just carrying the deck.
Your aggressive rookie board forces them to play into Dex, or you checking Tamers in Security.
>>
Man, why must Merciful Mode be so bad? I really like the artwork
>>
>>85554968
So it's not d brigade that's strong. Its deathx carrying the deck. Any rookie rush will work as well if not better.

Pay to win card wins. Not commandramon
>>
>>85555178
>Any rookie rush will work as well if not better.

Lmao prove it fagotron
>>
>>85555084
>Bad
Gallantmon or Greymon swing X evo into X form, fuck with their security
Go into Omega blitz, unsuspended and swing X evo into Omega X, you’re now invincible
Next turn slam a Mercy and if the opponent hasn’t already seen what’s coming you just giggle at their innocence
>>
>>85553428
I was thinking something along the lines of crimson blaze, so high cost but costs less per tamer your opponent has, and then something like “your opponent selects one three or less cost tamer they control and one four cost tamer they control; delete all of their other tamers”. Oh and it’d be white with the condition to ignore color if your opponent has a tamer in play, so always playable when it might do something like x antibody
>>
>>85553855
I don't know, this feels almost like "ban every notable card you could possible play" while also straight up killing decks like D-Reaper
Still, would be fun to try to build based on that kind of restriction.
>>
>>85555299
He can't since he has a narrative to push.
>>
>>85555299
What needs proving? You said yourself you win off of death x. There's nothing special about d brigade and classic blinding Ray rush will do the same thing even more effectively. It becomes deathx wars.
>>85555634
That's what it is and I wish we had English tournaments running the same way. Instead of quitting the game players could switch gears to play outside the meta when a set is unfun to play. I've always been a fan of pauper formats and enjoyed them more. Pauper in digimon is weird since rares are as common as uncommons and its SRs and above limited. Hybrid decks go untouched
>>
>>85555755
>game players could switch gears to play outside the meta when a set is unfun to play
In my experience you'd have a hell of a time getting players to do that. Too many are focused on the meta that they won't even give the time of day for a pauper format. That said, I'd be enthralled by that
>>
God I fucking hate eBay auctions. I go into them after looking around and understanding how much I can get the item for from other websites and even eBay sellers. If a booster box, for example, sells for £45 on average, with the cheapest being a seller on eBay that's selling the box AND a sunarizamon promo for £42, I'd aim for paying no more than £35 in an auction for just the box on its own. Meanwhile the fucking retards I bid against would eagerly pay over £55, for something that they could get cheaper on the exact same website, there's even fucking LINKS to MULTIPLE buy it now products on the SAME WEB PAGE for less than what they're bidding. And this is what they do on average, there's times where they'll bid over £90 on an item they can get for half that. I've even started putting my bids in at 10 seconds before bidding ends, only for three different retards to trip over themselves paying well over MSRP. It makes me fucking rage, losing is fine, if you're willing to pay more than me and get a slightly worse deal then okay, but why do these stupid cunts pay well over what they can get elsewhere? Just why?
>>
>>85555785
When I played mtg the online version ran lots of different formats and the community ran pauper events two nights a week. The problem is raising awareness. You either have to use Facebook or trannycord and then you can't filter people out you don't want because undesirables are all over those places. You would get too many snowflake types
>>
>>85555854
I know the feeling from both sides. It's stupid.

I sold a card yesterday and I got a message saying they didn't have the money to pay for it until Monday. Why the fuck are you putting bids in if you can't afford to pay for them?
>>
>>85555876
Have you seen the trade groups this week? Scrapping together any alt arts they can find to pay for pre release. Its scary how bad these people are with money. If you have to well old cards to pay for new cards you can't afford to play in pre releases. Skip the FOMO and buy the singles you need with the cash to make your deck for the set. Pre release cost is enough to buy everything but the level 6s for almost every deck every format and it's not much more to get those.
>>
>>85555915
I noticed that, absolutely idiotic.
>>
>>85555876
I hope they weren't expecting you to dispatch before paying, I've seen retards like that raging in sellers' feedback. Shit like "I got my card late for a tournament because the seller wouldn't dispatch on time", followed by the seller saying "I dispatched on the day you paid, you can't expect me to send you an item before you pay for it."
>>
>>85556106
Nope, thank fuck.
>>
>>85555755
>and classic blinding Ray rush will do the same thing even more effectively
>>85555299
>>
>>85556225
Give me 100 bucks for thr pay to win card and I'll top an ultimate cup.
>>
>>85556559
Okay
>>
>denying Blue Flare their saves by blasting them with devos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvrzUnuikwE&ab_channel=%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB%E5%B3%B6%E3%81%AE%E6%B0%91
Very cute, I like it.
>>
>>85553855
Did mastemon rape this mans family?
>>
>>85557070
Since he's also pissing his pants over BWG of all things, I think he's just mad cuz bad
>>
>>85557163
The man just wants to ban almost everything honestly.
>>
>>85557163
You're retarded. It's an event with the meta decks losing their key cards. Its for players who want to play something less powerful or budget oriented.
>>
>>85557278
I suppose Armor and BWG become meta when you remove the actual meta cards but with that logic, all cards should be banned inevitably due to trickle-down power shrink
>>
>>85557307
They're meta decks. And no, you can't argue the slippery slope here groomer. Taking out the main card from the top decks doesn't mean you eventually ban vanilla for being over powered. Bandai restricting ice wall does not lead to singleton game
>>
>>85555377
I'm going to tech one into my wargrey x since I don't have omni x antibody, and the one in BT10 is fucking cracked anyways
>>
File: 245772.jpg (52 KB, 313x437)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
How does omni x anti effect work if they have a restand effect? So if they attack omni does it kill the omni even if it stops the attack?
>>
>>85557558
The attack is cancelled but the attacking digimon can attack again since it isn't suspended
>>
Some one with a goybook account get one of these meta ban list tournaments set up.
>>
If the upcoming ban list in August does something to encourage usage of the playfield I think some decks will come out of the woodwork by the time we reach BT10. We might see Gallantmon X, Y/P Hybrid, and BWG gain traction.
>>
>>85558115
it's August now
>>
Beginner to the game, whats the cheapest but good deck I can pick? Mainly Black deck but other colors are fine
>>
>>85558786
The cheapest deck you can build right now is probably D-Reaper without DeathXmon.
>>
>>85558786
You can also build alpha, most parts should be cheap barring the SEC.
>>
Hey, has there been any rumors of a digimon tcg video game? I would like to play but I don’t want to buy physical cards and go to lgs.
>>
Just played on TTS with a buddy. It's actually pretty nice and easy to use. The only annoying thing is that hovering over the cards doesn't always show the cards effect.
>>
File: customDeck (60).jpg (467 KB, 1080x906)
467 KB
467 KB JPG
Which list?
>>
>>85559057
Bottom one because it uses the superior Sakuyamon art
>>
>>85558845
Alphamon? Isnt the deck expensive?
>>
>>85559086
ignore the art I just clicked the cards without thinking whether it was alt or not
>>
Oh right, Sakuyamon X is a thing.
>>
>>85559046
I don’t have friends though…
>>
>>85559226
You need help.
>>
Really wish we could get the faggot that mass replies to posts perma banned
>>
>>85559135
I didnt have any either until I started playing Digimon at the local hobby store.
>>
>>85559306
I don’t want to go there. Too far of a drive. I live in Southern California. The nearest one is in Orange County.
>>
>>85559093
The rare ver should be cheap, its ouryuken which you should worry about.
>>
>>85559265
People keep replying to him which enables the retard.
>>
>>85559374
I don’t have Faceberg.
>>
>>85559387
Make a fake account. Stores use Facebook to advertise themselves and its tour best hope of finding a local store.

You could try asking in the discord but it's not any where near as helpful.
>>
>>85559419
I’m not trans
>>
>>85559623
Firstly it's tranny
Second you're from California so you probably are
Third if you don't want to help yourself don't complain. You have the tools you need at your finger tips and don't want to try them. You can't find a store and that's your problem.
>>
>>85559691
You are a waste of air.
>>
I pulled some Ouryuken so I took Alphamon out for a spin.

What the fuck this deck is so broken. I have never seen such a wild set of bullshit. My turns just go forever and losing anything is just impossible with all the effects. Can’t wait to see where this leads haha holy shit
>>
>>85555084
Two reasons.
The "number of Megas" gimmick works best with X-Antibodies because they have a whole engine designed to make same-level evolutions more efficient BUT Merciful Mode itself is not X-Antibody so it can't benefit from them.

And it's almost impossible to actually attack with the bitch why the fuck did they make it cost 6 on top of dedigivolving itself
>>
>>85559341
>I live in Southern California. The nearest one is in Orange County.
Dafuq. where are you, IE? Desert?
>>
>>85555084
>>85560675
I like running Merciful Mode and Paladin Mode in MagnaX. You basically win the game if the Merciful Mode survives to trash itself.
>>
>>85557388
>They're meta decks
I haven't seen a single person tell me Gallantmon is a meta deck, so banning GallX is definitely just your autism flaring up.
>>
>>85560706
Yea IE
>>
>>85560509
Haven't been able to participate in anything since bt9 released, but has alphamon won anything yet? It seems like every time I have seen someone showing that they won, or got 2nd, 3rd etc. it's always something else nobody is even paying attention to because they're either jerking off to alphamon or crying about it.
>>
>>85560941
I've been trying to look into tournies, and my local scene as well, just to get an idea in case i want to start competing, and, from what I've seen:
>Alphamon is stupidly, oppressively strong
>events are, a lot of times, Alphamon v Alphamon before the final 4
>Its still getting checked and stopped by de-digivolve shenanigans, or players rushing security down. A lot lose because they greed and don't use Breath on the OTK turn
which leads to outsider decks that are teching in cards specifically for Alpha, like that one D-Reaper that stole an event win a little bit ago, just kinda winning the whole thing. as long as they don't run into shenanigans in their own run, they're setting themselves up for easier games against the meta-definers.
>>
I made some adjustments to my Gallantmon, after some advice from a couple threads ago. Anything else people would recommend, other than adding in RizeGreymon and such?
I'll probably set a little sideboard to change it from kitchen table to more competitive, but that's for later on.
>>
>>85561124
X antibody or coolboy can go into the deck. X antibody acts like a pseudo blitz during attack.
>>
>>85560941
Because Alphamon wrecks the people that just cry about it, but can still be defeated by people who study how.
>>
>>85561200
Not just pseudo-blitz, it synergizes with actual blitz. Evolve, attack with Blitz, and evolve again before passing turn. The downside is you might give your opponent a ton of memory. I think it'll work better in BT10 when you can run the new Omnimon X and evolve it from BT2 Gallantmon to steal wins from like 2-3 Security.
>>
>>85561124
Needs a memory reseter,
>>
>>85561200
>>85561271
yeah, i havent bought any of X-Record yet, so i didn't have X-Antibody or Cool Boy on hand. I'm just an autist that loves Gallantmon, so I've been working towards having playsets of every one of his cards, and making a deck that is at least playable.
>>85561277
My memory setter is killing anything my buddies at the table play off of the deletion triggers, and forcing them to hard-cast their bricked hands for more memory
>>
>>85561296
Ok, but I would recommend Hiro or Tai, maybe the blue ghost game guy if you find yourself to have low hands. You win by hitting security, not killing digimon. I'd also replace the 4 cost growlmon with calumon or cool boy to get extra draw/memory and dp boost.
>>
>>85561325
Calumon plus Alice is a decent engine that's seeing play in newer JP Guilmon decks. I think the ST7 Growlmons are worth running just for having enough named cards and level 4s in general so I'd cut Fireballs. Doubly so if I'm running Cool Boys because that would hopefully cover my card draw needs.
>>
>>85561399
Fireball can work in this (Bt9) meta to get rid of memory blockers or draw when needed. It's fairly versatile.
>>
>>85561271
Speaking of omni x, goddamn i have a heard time deciding between the two for bt10.
Theyre both monsters in their own right, the bt5 one is near invincible in grey decks while 10 eats security and possibly board.
>>
>>85561561
Go with BT 10, it has better art. That's what matters in the end
>>
>>85561657
>stick with better art
Stick with bt5 got it. Theyre both great honestly and i was gonna get the alt for bt10 along with the normal.
>>
>>85538937
What won in the big weekeend tournaments?
>>
>>85561124
I think memory growlmon is better than ex02. Consider 1-3 memory tamers and memory boosts
>>
>Mods delete useful posts for newbie asking for help and ignore all the porn posted
Great thread. No wonder everyone's on Facebook and discord.
>>
>>85560901
>IE
You poor soul
>>
File: wargrey.jpg (232 KB, 1080x610)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
I'm missing an x-anti, but I'd like to mess with Merciful mode a bit.

Otherwise, how do I look ratio wise? I do have the Promo agumons that people use, but it seems like ST-07's work fine too as a placeholder.
>>
>>85539133
>>85561965
That looks about the average skeleton so youre fine.
>>
>>85561775
Literally what porn? This isn't /digi/.
>>
>>85561965
I would cut a lvl 7 but looks fine
>>
>Miko Mode is sitting at about $10 in JPN for standard
Think the prices is gonna be about the same once BT10 releases here? Or should I try to get preorders in ASAP? I know she's seeing a fair bit of play in a few decks
>>
>>85562384
I always suggest waiting at release or the week after release to start picking up shit while prices are unstable. You gotta remember our metas are different. Also remember the yen is worth .75 right now.
>>
File: FOBIEa7VkAQW5M9.jpg (47 KB, 554x554)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>Build Gradis OTK
>Not fun
Anybody try Gacha Grandis yet?
>>
>>85562384
BT10 will either sell like shit because people don't like Xros Wars or sell like hotcakes because Xros Heart kicks copious levels of ass.

If BT10 sells poorly then pre orders will probably be your friend. If BT10 sells well then Miko mode will likely be cheaper.

Honestly if you want literally nothing else from BT10 but Miko modes then go ahead and pre order.
>>
>>85562384
Never do presales and yellow got banned and neutered for BT10
>>
>>85562538
>yellow got banned and neutered for BT10
wasnt that just hybrid that got fucked? I'm seeing plenty of decks still on digimonmeta for the JPN results.
>>85562406
>>85562524
I'm honestly just looking to get a playset of her for an eventual Plug-In deck, maybe use her in a control shell til then. If I can snag them for $5-7 each, I'd be fine overpaying a bit. Not like I haven't wasted cash on rares before
>>
File: 20220807_183805.jpg (1.54 MB, 2148x2763)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
I think at this point the deck box is done unless I decide to panel line it. I like the dull gold I picked to spray it.

Ready to bring Magnamon X to locals like a god damn weeb
>>
>>85562578
"Wow i wonder what deck anon is going to play"
>>
>>85562578
>>85562596
you have one chance to fuck with people, and stick D-Brigade in there. Just mindgame the fuck outta them.
>>
>>85562569

Mid August we get updated banlist for Digimon.

We are all expecting Sunrise Buster to eat dick, but aside from that Yellow is probably safe. The big Yellow combo that was fucking people up was Kazemon>Jetsylphymon>Miko mode (6 memory) to get a mega out, get a random Security, play a Sunrise Buster, play a Yellow or red tamer, and then put a Sunrise Buster on top of your security.
>>
>>85562569
Yes, and those decks play Sakuyamon with the new Venusmon. Japan still hasnt gotten their banlists.
>>
>>85562622
>>85562625
ah, makes sense.
I'll probably still build the deck for kitchen table games, then, just to have some other options to play.
gotta say, im in love iwth how fucking cheap it is to build random decks, unless you want to play super meta
>>
>>85562610
>>85562596

For BT9 I'm running Magnamon X, Garurumon X, and BWG if I can get the pieces together.

In BT10 I'm hoping the upcoming banlist checks some of the decks I will be facing and hopefully will add Blue Flare, Jesmon, and Gallantmon X to my playable decks.
>>
>>85562647
Oh yeah, this game is pretty fun for kitchen tables, cards are extremely cheap and they are only like 1 or 2 levels below actual competitive decks.

If they hit xros a lot yellow might go back to playable and cards might get expensier but who knows. Just dont get presales.
>>
>>85562705
Realistically the only thing they would do to Xros Heart is ban Sunrise Buster. Any changes to the deck itself will probably kill BT10 sales.

Supposing they do decide to wreck Xros though what do you think would be most likely? Limiting X4? Limiting Shoutmon?
>>
>>85562422
>Not fun
Works on my machine.
>>
>I come from MTG and Yu-Gi-Oh and I've always shuffled my opponent's deck (except small local games) and I've had no problems whatsoever but if my opponent shuffled my deck I would cut it because I can't be certain that he was not looking the last card of the deck and intentionally leaving some key card there
>my opponent shuffled my deck I would cut it
this mans literally cheating, and the idiots over on the other side applaud him
>>
File: riggedpileshuffle.png (577 KB, 800x369)
577 KB
577 KB PNG
>>85562994
This and power shuffling are an instant red flag to me. I always call a judge over to shuffle whenever I see it happen and my opponents almost always seethe. I've even had someone complain and say "Well if you shuffle it like that, I'll DEFINITELY brick" and be salty the whole game.
>>
>>85563200
same. back when I played MtG Modern, there was always these assholes playing some sort of tempo deck that would try to cut/reshuffle after I shuffled them. Called a judge every single time.
Not proud to say I won a few locals due to DQs from them trying that shit, but, come the fuck on. Just play the game. I'm on Izzet Storm, I don't give a shit if you stack the deck anyways.
>>
>>85563249
People try to pull the same shit in digimon at my locals. Usually they do it trying to justify not having multiple cards of the same level or type to be stacked together and I always have to tell them that part of deck building is accepting that no matter what your ratios, there will be games you draw all levels 6 in your hand and they need to learn to hold that rather than rig their deck to make it impossible to happen.
>>
>>85563200
>This and power shuffling are an instant red flag to me.
I salivate internally whenever I see this. I think the majority of people aren't intentionally stacking when they do this, but they still probably unintentionally set up combo stacks by doing this. So when I get their deck, I do another pileshuffle, which bricks their deck by undoing their level sequences and putting all the same levels together.
>>
>>85562994
>>85563200

I usually do a Pile Shuffle then do some Faro shuffles after each round. Between matches I just do some Faro shuffles since I feel like a full set of Pile+faro will take too long.
>>
>>85563380
>>85563409
Just power shuffle. It takes like 30 seconds and actually randomizes the cards. Seeing people pile shuffle between matches is honestly a red flag too since it feels like they're getting their piles ready for the extra pile shuffle they're gonna do when it's time to play.
>>
>>85563429
Holy shit the autism is strong with this one
>>
>>85563536
>Pile shuffling for 10 minutes isn't autistic while power shuffling for 30 seconds is.

Go rig your deck somewhere else.
>>
>>85563548
How is there anything wrong with shuffling your deck between matches if you're also shuffling it in front of your opponent before the match starts?
>>
>>85563703
Because from an outside perspective it looks like you're rearranging your deck to your advantage for the next match.
>>
>>85563715
>shuffling it in front of your opponent before the match starts?
I think you're the autist here, bud. As long as you're shuffling in front of your opponent before the match starts there's no deck stacking, retard.
>>
>>85563723
I'll only accept power shuffling, I don't think that's asking for much.
>>
>all these types of shuffling
man, I'm probably retarded, cuz I have no fucking clue what everyone here is talking about.
I know that piles are when you deal them out into stacks and then mix those stacks back in, and that mashing is just taking the deck, splitting it in 2, and just shoving them together. the fuck is power, faro, and any others...
>>
>>85563758
Bro me too. I've never heard of "power shuffling" before. Google says it's just another name for pile shuffling and that just leaves me more confused. Do y'all mean riffle shuffling? The one that goes ffffffft
>>
>>85563758
>>85563769
Just ignore the autist that refuses to cut his opponents deck
He was throwing a hissy fit a few days ago and everyone told him he's retarded for not wanting to cut his opponents deck how he likes
>>
>>85562121
>>85562075
Anon with the merciful mode in deck here.

Anything you'd suggest I try? I'd like to fit Gaia force zero in but it feels a little tight. I might try out two of the SEC metalgreys instead of the ex01 to help get over ouryuken or swing with on its own if needed.
>>
>>85563758
Power shuffle is the same thing as pile shuffle, the anon above was confused.
>>
Okay since we are on the topic of tournament fair play. Had a weird situation in a local tournament.

> Opponent accidentally drew one too many cards
> Opponent not sure of the best way to handle it, so calls a judge
> Judge hands him a DQ

They wouldn't even accept me saying I was happy with a restart. What is the actual fair way to handle this? I refuse to believe it's a DQ when it's accidental.
>>
If Pile Shuffling is really stacking my deck to win then why did I go 3 turns without any rookies? I had to hard play a fucken Kimeramon just to have something on the table.
>>
>>85564041
Judge is an absolute dick
>>
>>85564050
Maybe he had "accidentally" drawn extra card several times that day already.
>>
>>85564045
Do better ratios
>>
>>85564041
with the rate cards are drawn in this game, I'd be fine letting him just set the last drawn card back on top of the deck. Odds are he's going to pull it up into his hand within 3 moves anyway. just add a warning onto it, like you would for any other minor infraction
>>
>>85561926
I’m not that east in the desert. Near chino.
>>
So, are all the Option-Heavy decks just Security Control in disguise? Besides the Sakuyamon meme?
>>
Whats a food starter deck for new player? I like Agumon and Tentomon.
>>
>>85564041
A DQ is excessive, but a game loss is an appropriate penalty given that the error is unreversable. At best you could issue a warning and have both players agree to returning a random card to the deck and shuffling the top however many cards minus the number previously bottom decked, but that's a really messy solution that still gives the person who made the mistake a knowledge advantage.
>>
>>85559341
I know of several stores at the moment. 2 in Riverside, 1 in Lancaster, and 1 in Redlands. There are probably more too, but the TCG+ app sucks dick
>>
>>85564045
Pile shuffling isn't necessarily stacking but isn't sufficient randomization. But if you mix it with 7+ mash shuffles, it's irrelevant anyway.
>>
>>85563769
if someone tried to riffle shuffle my cards I would call a judge over to tell them he's trying to damage my cards and get him DQed
>>
>>85564286
>>85564228

If you are near Chino a search says there is

Good Guy TCG
Critical Hit Games
Anohana Hobby
Gameology (My friend who lives in Chino frequents this store so I know it's close)

So yeah, get out there and play games bro
>>
File: armor rush.png (112 KB, 324x336)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
So far where I'm at for Magnamon X deck. I plan to replace two Free Searcher Veemons with 2 BT8 Veemons once they arrive in the mail.

Any other advice?
>>
>>85562994
Digimon players are retarded when it comes to shuffling, they literally think pile shuffling is real shuffling, they literally pile shuffle and think their deck is randomized
>>
>>85564367
Free searcher veemon is better than BT8 veemon
>>
>>85563409
Pile shuffling is unironically cheating.
>>
>>85564382
>cant hit MagnaX
>cant hit Davis and Ken
>cant hit megadeath
the 2-color is better, even more if you tech in the DNAs as well
>>
>>85563380
Pileshuffling is worse than power shuffling
>>
>>85564382
If it didnt bottom deck Magnamon X, Davis and ken, and Megadeath I would agree with you.

If I was playing Imperialdramon I would agree with you.
>>
>>85564398
>>85564386
>>85564379
we get it you don't want to cut your opponents decks
that's a (you) problem
>>
>>85564398
Sorry I got confused power shuffling and Indian
>>
>>85564252
Imperialdramon
>>
>>85562422
>>85544863
>>
>>85562578
very nice

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.