[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Medbury Dwarf King.jpg (54 KB, 720x720)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Previous thread: >>85473504

>What is /awg/?
A thread to talk about minis and games which fall between the cracks, or peoples' homebrew wargames. The >>>/tg/hwg thread doesn't entertain fantasy (for good reason) and the other threads are locked to very specific games.
This thread isn't tied to a game, a publisher, or a genre, let's just talk about fun wargames. Any scale, any genre, any company, any miniatures. Skirmishers welcome. Rules designers welcome.

>Examples of games that qualify
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_miniature_wargames
OnePageRules, Warzone, Mighty Armies, Warmachine & Hordes, Dragon Rampant, Oathmark, Mortal Gods, Kings of War, Firefight, Deadzone, Warpath, Frost/Stargrave, Hordes of the Things, Gaslands, Conquest, Songs of Blades and Heroes, Dark Age, Beyond the Gates of Antares, Malifaux, and anything else that doesn't necessarily have a dedicated thread.

>Places to get minis
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D2DbNJ2mYAUxh5P9Pq9NZqS5tXHGn0i2JhZchEwbA2I/edit
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/373197.page
Updates to the minis trove welcome.

>The Novice Troves
https://pastebin.com/MjtsC8AX
https://mega.nz/#F!zSYW0I4a!vXh8-UPi_tWXpJES_-p4zg

>Thread Question:
Any recent acquisitions you want to share, or things you're looking forward to?

>Thread Theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLp_Hh6DKWc&ab_channel=DarwinsLilGirl
>>
File: 20220724_152940.jpg (2 MB, 4000x2250)
2 MB
2 MB JPG
>>85532898
>Any recent acquisitions you want to share, or things you're looking forward to?
I got void 1.1 shock marines because I love the style and to fight my junkers in void tactics. I have realised I need some Range in the squad so I'm going to get some strike commandos soon.

I also ordered legion of everblight, cryx and cygnar starter boxes for warmachine
>>
>>85532898
Crooked Dice is apparently picking up the Corporate Wars and Golgo Island lines -- last I'd heard, Kev White had the Golgo rights, but whatever. Notable for being a WarEngine game (like GWAR: Rumble in Antarctica) and for literally letting you put Cobra Commander up against Kenshiro from FotNS, Ro-Man, and Bolo Yeung.

My experience with Crooked Dice KS has largely been positive -- got a couple miscasts in the 7TV Pulp fishman KS that I had fixed, Spaceport Civilians was clean and both were on time.
>>
>>85533026
Are these those "look like older sculpts that cost £1 but they sell them for £7 each minimum" sort of company.
>>
File: unknown-299.png (607 KB, 720x720)
607 KB
607 KB PNG
>>85532898
>tq
I just got some stl's I plan to use for immunocytes in Zone Raiders once I get my printer back. Probably going to do a bunch of meshmixing and kitbashing in the meantime.
>>
>>85533123
They've got a mix of shit - they basically have some good-quality in-house stuff, and then pick up abandoned but semi-popular lines like Apocalypse Island and Colony 87. Really good accessories section. Typical prices are more like 3-4 Pounds per mini, and cheaper if you buy them in sets of 4.
https://crooked-dice.co.uk/product-category/miniatures/

I own probably 50 of their minis, they blend well with stuff like Hasslefree, Perry, and Heresy. I mostly went with the pulp horror, Colony 87 stuff for my Oldhammering, some gangsters and cops, and a couple of neat skeletons. You do need to look carefully at the minis before you cough up, though.
>>
Puppetswar released their own ruleset.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/exofront-wargame-69998402

It seems to be based around an idea of multi-basing 32mm models. I don't see them taking advantage of their magnet slots, which is what I though has potential (swapping gear on a unit mid-match).

I'm not sold.
>>
>>85533441
Not sure on those models at all.
>>
File: no_dachi_naginata_007.jpg (61 KB, 600x600)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>85533455
Design isn't that inspiring, but this is what I thought has gameplay potential: all the limbs and weapon hands have those magnet slots. You could attempt designing tabletop Quake with those. There are even standards for CTF.
>>
>>85533123
Depends on the range. The fantasy stuff they commissioned/bought is great for example, but this cyber punk thing is definitely their worst.
>>
>>85533441
The rules are free, and seem simple enough. But i also really dont see the benefit of having multibased miniatures.
>>
>>85533455
Funny, just admired my hazard squads on my shelf.
>>
>>85534505
Probably the firing arcs and unit facing in general. I can see the point, but I like the 'unit champion' approach better.
>>
I checked the troves in OPs post and I can't find Deadzone 3 books. Anyone have a link?
>>
File: gigachad with spear.jpg (271 KB, 1720x1718)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>
>>85533124

Where is this from? I like the gigeresque look
>>
>>85535078
Boris Wolozin, probably to be sold by Westfalia.
>>
File: 3D_Prints.pdf (4.69 MB, PDF)
4.69 MB
4.69 MB PDF
>>85532898
>Any recent acquisitions you want to share, or things you're looking forward to?
I am almost done with my own TTWG if anyone is interested. It's called Ragnarök: Einherjar and we'll be on Kickstarter later this year. The game is based around 3D modular hex tiles and honeycombs to create the terrain. There are obstacles that block Line of Sight and Movement. There are multiple Pantheons to choose from, each housing their own unique units and playstyles. The idea is to pick a Pantheon, choose units from that Pantheon to bring into your army, and fight to the death. Each army can only consist of 5 Champions and 10 Minions, all of which have different values depending upon how powerful they are. For example a Champion that costs 2 points should be stronger than a Champion that only costs 1 point. The same goes for Minions. There are also multiple game modes like: Free For All, Team Deathmatch, Capture The Flag, Domination, etc. to add even more gameplay depth and replayability. Pic is a PDF with some of the models so far.
>>
>>85535310
Nice, how big is the difference between factions?
Different mechanics or just different statlines?
>>
File: Cards_Part_01.pdf (6.75 MB, PDF)
6.75 MB
6.75 MB PDF
>>85535369
The difference between Pantheons is about as different as MTG card colors go; where each Pantheon has certain strengths and weaknesses. For example, Red mana in MTG is seen as very fast-paced, low cost, high burn kind of decks, right? I am trying to give the same type of feeling where each Pantheon has a niche that it's player-base will enjoy.

Ammaranth - Blue is all about finding strength in numbers and fighting off evil, so they get bonuses when stacking near each other and often get more bonuses against Daemons and Abyssaeons and Undead.

Gammoranth - Green is all about nature and the preservation of The Realms. Here you'll find Beasts, Elves, Druids, Shamans, etc. all of which can bond with other animals or affect the environment more drastically then other units are capable of.

Oronanth - Grey is all about ingenuity and industrialism. They consist mainly of Dwarves from Svartalfheim that build Constructs, Vehicles, War Machines, etc. and use the Bifrost to travel to other reals in seek of new technology.

Urgonanth - Red is all about supreme conquest and individual strength. These units will often buff themselves, rather than their allies, and are much better splitting off into small or singular groups and getting off sick flanks with fast, strong, units. Orcs, Dark Elves, Goblins, Monsters, and other brutish units are found here.

Eldonanth - Purple is all about the mysteries of the universe and forbidden knowledge. Consisting of Abyssaeons, Undead, Eldritch and worse, these units focus on manipulative gameplay via taking over other enemy units, changing their temperaments and causing discord on the battle field, or overwhelming their opponents with de-buffs and near endless hordes of undead.

Pic is the current Character Cards. Please keep in mind they are still a WIP and I would prefer to have them professionally done as a Kickstarter Stretch Goal.
>>
Is KoW actually good? How does it compare to WF?
>>
File: Cards_Part_02.pdf (6.88 MB, PDF)
6.88 MB
6.88 MB PDF
>>85535310
>>85535548
I couldn't fit all the cards in 1 PDF and upload them, file size was too big, so here is the second half. Again, please keep in mind they are a WIP and will be professionally done later on as a stretch goal.
>>
>>85535552
Faster, but less special rules and no individual model removal basically. If you're playing beer and pretzels gaming and want whfb, you should be playing 6th, WAP or 9th. If you want to play competitive high fantasy or in smaller scales, KoW is the better option.
>>
>>85535714
>*competitive high fantasy R&F
If you don't need R&F, you could use Saga: AoM.
>>
>>85535714
>>85535741
Thanks!
>>
>>85535560
might wanna change the purple symbol if you want to go on kickstarter
>>
File: img5a105a6a1e738.jpg (242 KB, 1324x1000)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>85532898
TQ: I'm hoping the new Warmachine will eventually bring a few new Cephalyx models at least. They've always been one of my all time favorite miniature lines in any game, even if I never actually played much.
>>
>>85535765
Why, their faction is meant to be evil incarnate?
>>
>>85535772
Some anon was claiming they are getting their legacy army rules, which would be nice given they are a really weird spot inbetween mercenary and limited army like Crucible and Convergence.
>>
>>85535772
Someone have the 40k chaos psyker that is a ripoff of this model?
>>
>>85535807
well thematically that certainly fits, but I don't know how strict kickstarter guidelines are with (neo) nazi symbols.
>>
>>85535874
Hopefully it's fine. The original Black Sun was for occultist shit like summoning demons and raising the dead, which is why I used it in the first place. Worst case scenario I find another symbol and redo the banner; not really a big deal, but I hope I can keep it in there without being branded a Nazi or Nazi sympathizer. How manny WWII games have come and gone on Kickstarter? (real question) and did they incorporate the swastika?
>>
>>85535310
>black sun logo

I'm not even anti-nazi but fairly neutral, and actually wore a patch of it on my bomber jacket as an edg teenager, but you might want to avoid that symbol because its 100% linked to neonazis these days.

But good luck with your game, the models look decent.
>>
>>85535943
>its 100% linked to neonazis these days.
Fuck, really? I thought it was only used by the crazy nazis that tried occult experiments? Why is this as recognized as the swastika and how did I not know? What asshole did this to that symbol?
>>
File: Sulfur.png (43 KB, 2048x2048)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>85535874
>>85535943
Will most likely default to this as it was my other choice, but before I do any work; is this symbol fucked by Nazis, too? It's literally the alchemical symbol for black sulfur
>>
>>85535961
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sun_(symbol)
though loosely based on old sun wheels it's pretty much a nazi invention. The use in occultism came later.
Very liked by neo nazis as it's not quite as obvious as a swastika and tends to be legal more often.
>>
>>85536020
>not quite as obvious as a swastika and tends to be legal more often.
All it takes is 1 Twitter/Tumblerite to say i'm a nazi and the game is tanked. Not even close to worth the risk. Thanks for the heads up everyone, you probably saved me from tanking hard. What's weird is that those casrds are on my IG and have been liked/commented on but nobody ever said shit about this. Thank you :)
>>
>>85535961
>What asshole did this to that symbol?

Kinda Himmler himself, by putting it in the center room of his occult castle headquarter.

Personally i wouldn't care. But i also would not risk the success of such an ambitious project by something minor like such a symbol. Especially when its kinda unrelated.

>and did they incorporate the swastika?
I doubt it. But then, maybe its a bit different if its historical symbols in historical context.

Btw, there is the Achtung Cthulhu game which has a faction called Black Sun. (as the name suggests, occult nazis). Not even they are using that original symbol.
>>
>>85535961
>What asshole did this to that symbol?
Heinrich Himmler
>>
>>85536051
>Kinda Himmler himself
>>85536052
>Heinrich Himmler
Well it's good to know that my holocaust class didn't cover this...
>>
>>85536072
Nta but it only showed up once. It was a big black sun on the floor in a castle full of other nazi symbols
>>
>>85536132
It's cool, i've made my peace with changing the symbol already; I wasn't that attached to it in the first place, it was just a perfect thematic fit. Black Sulfur isn't too bad a trade off and it was a close 2nd in the first place. I just have to fix the cards, reprint the banner with the new symbol and re-post to my IG
>>
>>85535078
Some bumblefuck called bLUART. Some weird decisions though like giving the basic gun models only one leg so that's going to be a fun evening in editing software. They won out over other options for me because there were flying models with melee weapons and less overt "we're trying to be necrons! egypt!" vibes.
>>
File: Screenshot (1135).png (990 KB, 643x829)
990 KB
990 KB PNG
>>85535874
>>85535943
>>85536020
>>85536051
>>85536052
>>85536132
Fixed.
>>
>>85536317
nice, that works pretty well. Good luck with your game!
>>
>>85536455
Thanks, anon! I post in these AWG threads from time to time so keep an eye out. If you wanna see my IG and help with the hype you can go here https://www.instagram.com/ragnarok_einherjar/
>>
>>85535552
It's good. A little more abstracted but way more streamlined and faster to play.
You can get a game in in 30 minutes instead of 2+ hours.
It's got a couple sacred cows baked in like IGOUGO and buckets of dice.
>>
Cute models Seb, very cute.
>>
>>85536761
What game? Those look nice. Pre-painted?
>>
>>85536783
They are from Void 1.1, they are not preprinted. The guy who painted them "Seb" has a very soft style.
It's the same game as this
>>85533014
>>
>>85536841
bad quality pic, but I see what you mean by the soft style. I like his painting a lot, actually
can I get a QRD on the gameplay?
>>
>>85536862
It plays with a d10 for nice granulation and it is alternate activation. The game has templates, vehicle facings and all that fun crunchy stuff.

I suppose if you imagine 40k with more granulation, lower lethality, more tactical movement and alternate activation that is close to void.

Have this pdf. It has a battle report and really nice catalog pics.
>>
>>85536916
Oh wow, thanks! Time to read.
>>
>>85536922
FYI seb didn't paint the models in that catalog, have fun reading. I got really into the game from these pdfs
>>
>>85536306
Anon I can't thank you enough for posting this. These fucking things are the exact style and aesthetic of models I've been looking for and reason alone for me to buy a 3d printer holy shit.
>>
>>85536916
>>85536971
I love the way he puts the painting color schemes in the pdfs and even tells you exactly what color he uses; really cool idea, and you can tell the dude loves what he does.

I really want to do a comic kind of story like that for my game, but alas I have no 2D artist and I suck at drawing :/
>>
>>85537307
Seb actually bought and revived the game a few years ago, he didn't make it originally. He has made a few magazines since owning the game though.
>>
>>85532898
What's a good place to look for Conquest lists? I wanted to make a highborn lineage army but I have no idea what units I'd want for a decent army.
>>
>>85537386
>Seb actually bought and revived the game a few years ago
What an absolute champion; he must have really loved that game to take that kind of risk, holy shit.
>>
File: 20220723_115348.jpg (1.7 MB, 4000x2250)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
>>85537491
I agree, I buy models and rules for it when I can (rules are free pdfs but the books are nice)
>>
>>85537538
Where do you get to see more of the lore? Those books you're talking about?
>>
>>85537564
Yes, in the rulebook, forcebooks and the magazines. I really love the universe and its a lot more developed than you may expect with sub factions and characters.

You can download them all for free at seb games .com
The physical books are a fiver each.
>>
Love the idea for Basileans, but KoW sculpts just don't sit right with me for some reason. Which faction in KoW should I use with Bretonnian models?
>>
>>85537666
>but KoW sculpts just don't sit right with me for some reason
Then dont use them, its mini agnostic afaik.
>>
>>85537627
>with sub factions and characters.
Nice! I am doing the same thing with my story (including more than just the in-game characters) in order to develop a really deep and involved world. Aside from the general 5 (eventually 10) Pantheons there are a bunch of different sub-factions like Soldiers of Sol and the Lambs of Luna that will add even more diversity to the world, so i'm pretty happy to hear that people still care about, and look at, that kind of stuff
>>
>>85537714
That's why I'm asking which faction to use with Bretonnian models.
>>
>>85537666
One of the Brotherhood factions, Order of the Brothermark or Order of the Green Lady.
>>
>>85537797
Thanks! Will give those a read.
>>
>>85537724
I'm not sure if I am in the minority, I get into lore, aesthetics and art but most gamers I know don't. But those that do do exist.

Tell me some of your lore anon
>>
>>85537803
Essentially Brothermark is Brets+some Basilean stuff, while Green Lady is Brets+some nature stuff like pegasus riders.
>>
>>85535310
>>85535548
First of all, I commend your effort. Sounds very interesting.
But for the love of God, please invest an hour and pick a font that isn't times new Roman. Everything will look so much nicer.
>>
Anyone played Frostgrave 2E? DM's moving away and one of our other players wants to try a different direction than just an rpg and this was suggested
>>
>>85538026
This thread is pretty much Northstar fanclub. Ask away.
>>
>>85537826
Which faction would you recommend for medieval historical minis?
>>
File: Planetary ops.png (401 KB, 450x582)
401 KB
401 KB PNG
>>85532898
Does anyone know of any sci-fi systems that play at the divisional level with stands representing a company or battalion? The only one I know of is pic related
>>
File: Lore.pdf (70 KB, PDF)
70 KB
70 KB PDF
>>85537811
>Tell me some of your lore anon
Sorry it took me so long, I had to move everything from my discord (iut's where I had the lore) into a word doc and then make a pdf with decent formatting. Pic related.
>>85537971
>pick a font that isn't times new Roman. Everything will look so much nicer.
I had tried some fonts w/o the aesthetic of TNR and I just didn't like them. I think plain font sucks. Do you have a preferred font type that I could make an example of for you and see if you (and others) like it better?
>>
>>85538369
I recommend you go onto canva.com, make an image and copypaste some text in
Then test out the fonts they have on there.
>>
>>85538026
It's fine. Some autists bitch about it being swingy, but it's just not a hyper competitive game. There are some solo/co-op scenarios, and an entire co-op spinoff game called Rangers of Shadow Deep which has a fairly decent narrative. That one in particular can support up to 4 players and isn't that far removed from an RPG.
>>
>>85537971
What's so bad about Times New Roman?
>>
File: Rules_01.pdf (6.72 MB, PDF)
6.72 MB
6.72 MB PDF
>>85535310
>>85535548
>>85535560
>>85538369
>>85537811
>>85537971
>>85536455
So I turned my rulebook into a PDF for you to look over, but the file size is again too big, so I had to chop it up into 5 bits. Before you freak out about "it's hard to read!" the artistic version of the book is meant to be that way. There is a "lite" version that i'll release alongside this which will be nothing but the text for players who enjoy easy reading, don't care for aesthetics, or just don't want to use a stupid amount of ink to print out a book.
>>
>>85538800
Replying to myself here, but I was baffled and did some research and I get that the problem is the serifs. Now, in my very personal opion serifs are way cooler than any bullshit minimalist/brutalist/high impact/high readability nonsense Arial or Impact are, but I get how they would be less appealing to some people.
And I looked into all the fonts I have available right now (without going to browse infinite libraries online), and the vast majority of sans serif fonts are very similar in their sterility - consistent width, all lines have the same thickness, ugly flattened and/or squared curves, etcetera. Most of them just look like they'd belong either in an art manifest from the 20's, a movie poster from the 50's, a fashion magazine for disgruntled housewives, or a live laugh love-style collage.
The only fonts i've found from this limited selection of a couple hundreds that had some form of timeless elegance were Linux Biolinum G, Maianda and SimSun.
I'm curious, does anyone want to share any fonts they like? I just want to get a better understanding of what styles some other people may like.
>>
File: Rules_02.pdf (6.89 MB, PDF)
6.89 MB
6.89 MB PDF
>>85539427
Sorry
>>
File: Rules_03.pdf (6.85 MB, PDF)
6.85 MB
6.85 MB PDF
>>85539444
for
>>
File: Rules_04.pdf (7 MB, PDF)
7 MB
7 MB PDF
>>85539458
the
>>
File: Rules_05.pdf (6.56 MB, PDF)
6.56 MB
6.56 MB PDF
>>85539472
spam.
>>
Does anyone play Marvel Crisis Protocol? I saw they are adding sentinels and I'm kinda interested in it. It has the measuring sticks from legion, is it much like a skirmish version of legion?
>>
>>85539656
Yeah, you pick what is generally 4-7 characters and try to complete various missions or just brawl. Biggest difference from legion is terrain features, all of them being intractable and throwable (including skyscrappers IF you have the strength to lift it, though I think only one or two chars in the game could do that), and variety of mission types. The way missions work if every player has a set of mission cards and you pick 1-2 from both players in order and then play what you end up drawing, or can just pick what's most fun to you. There's also special game modes, but I haven't tried them yet; our LGS has the Juggernaut one).
>>
>>85539930
Do we play both player's card at once or just one?
Like if i draw spider people and my opponent draws hammers how do we know which one we are playing? I skimmed some battle report videos but none of the channels i found were very appealing.
A lot of my favorite marvel characters aren't available yet but running ultron + sentinels + vision sounds fun, though as i understand it you want flexibility in your roster because you pick some of your squad after objectives are drawn? I guess Ill have to wait till the FF movie for those guys as a tie in and I'll get excalibur, captain britain and union jack when hell freezes over.
>>
>>85539435
Comic sans is all you need
>>
>>85540005
So yes, both players get roster of 10 characters and then pick which ones to use for the drawn mission, with your pt limit for characters being on the mission card. You do in fact combine missions and then choose which of the two threat values to use.
>>
Do Malifaux Nightmare editions include cards?
>>
>>85540179
Yes
>>
Semi related but what's the nightmare edition you'd most want to see? What crew and what aesthetic? My big hope is something Alice in Wonderland themed for Tara.
>>
>>85540548
It'll never happen but I've always wanted a cheesecake/pinup dreamer crew with dreamer himself as this hunky Fabio looking motherfucker and some sexy daydreams in maid outfits
>>
>>85540616
This would be cool. In 2010 they may have made a Wet Dream Dreamer crew, but not today.
>>
>>85539656
Gameplaywise it didn't feel like Legion at all.
You are free activate any unit, you have lots of ability to activate (if you have the power) and list building can be literally anything.
There is no restrictions on team:
Go for Red Skull, Cap, Magneto, Moon Knight for shit and giggles (guess what this list).
Go for Thanos, and Drax.
>>
>>85540643
Id have agreed with you until this gencons titania and lady justice were pinups
>>
>>85540719
Uh two jews and two nazis list? Because cap was hydra through the cube or something?
>>
>>85538263
Brothermark or Kingdoms of Men would be your best bet. Actually, Rhordia could do the job too as they moved most of the halfling units over to their own faction.
>>
File: overaleff-box_1_orig.png (922 KB, 938x644)
922 KB
922 KB PNG
>9th age has a boxed set now
>a guy just licensed a bunch of prints from different companies, and prints them for you in a nice box
Is this the future of gaems?
>>
>>85541348
Yes.
>>
>>85541348
The least the guy could do is paint some of the damn army for his marketing pic rather than putting down lots of gray.
>>
>>85541348
>300+ bucks for a shitty rulebook, ugly substandard gaming material, and two small armies complete with very ugly unit fillers
God I hope not
>>
>>85533026
I'm probably going to back it, either only for the slick gang, or all in. I honestly love their retro sculpt minis. I have no complaints about backing their colony 87 campaign at all in.
>>
>>85543126
It's funny as the guy was clearly too cheap to actually print entire units in resin, and is using PLA to fill things out. The price is what is really mind boggling as an actual printer can cost less than what he is asking. With Privateer Press now doing the same thing I guess that he's not the only one with that business model.
>>
>>85543172
It's a really bad business model though, there's no way printers can beat mould casting if you're moving enough units and the prices are quite telling of that.
>>
>>85540726
Eh. They're about as sexy as the average 1st Ed model. Which goes to show how prudish stuff has become.
>>
>>85543206
>if you're moving enough units
My guess is actually will be the next fad for a bit. And honestly don't much mind. If it helps in you guys get their shit out there more power to them.
>>
>>85543244
What gets me is that there's been so many people touting "3d printing is the future!", and then when people actually start to use it, they immediately turn around and go "What are you, retarded? 3d printing will never work!".

And yes, its the same people, because its always accompanied by them claiming they can print out the same thing for pennies on their own machines.
>>
File: SAM_7078.jpg (356 KB, 1091x863)
356 KB
356 KB JPG
TQ: Scored a huge vintage Kryomek purchase, mainly troopers, walkers mechs and bots. I already have a reasonable amount of the classic alien style aliens. Now realised that I likely have way more than I need...
>>
>>85543227
The avverage 1st ed model was more or less pinup though. I mean unless you think kingdom death is what pinup means, but thats waaay beyond pinup.
>>
I think 3d printing could be very good for uncertain products. Like if you are launching a new game or a new faction or something and aren't sure how it will sell, use it to get your early releases out and if it proves very popular, move to casting. You do lose a little compared to just casting it from the start if its popular, but 3d printers offer some flexibility and can help manage risk, plus let you release products you know will be more niche.
>>
>>85543313
Well I can't speak for other people but I'm >>85543206 and I've always been of the same idea. I can't see 3d printing being profitable on even a modest-scale commercial operation.
A 3d printer may be a great tool and good savings for domestic use if you're gonna be printing hundreds of minis for yourself, but it's much slower and more expensive than plastic casting past a certain scale.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1653288219688.jpg (79 KB, 1080x1080)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>tfw too sick for Bring Out Your Lead

Fucks sake
>>
File: FB_IMG_1658299293496.jpg (93 KB, 1080x1080)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>85541348
Anyone who buys this box set should be sent a box with a 3d printed gun in it instead, to shoot themselves in the arse
>>
>>85543672
To be fair, that scale is about 10,000 products and a lot of smaller companies will not reach that on any of their products, and now that metal costs more than balinese testicles for those smaller busineses it makes sense.
Privateer Press? Uh... not in a million years.
>>
Anyone got more pictures on this 3D print "quality" for new Warmachine?
>>
File: 1659653612721691.jpg (1.49 MB, 3024x4032)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>85543785
>>
>>85538026
>Anyone played Frostgrave 2E?
Yes.
It's much improved in terms of both balance and scenarios. A campaign will generally last for about 20-30 games before it starts to get stale. The improvements to help avoid the death spiral extended it quite a bit.

>>85539435
>I'm curious, does anyone want to share any fonts they like? I just want to get a better understanding of what styles some other people may like.
I'm a dirty hipster and like the IM Fell fonts, as well as Myriad Pro and Kelmscott. I use a lot of OpenDyslexic for other projects -- it helps "weigh down" the words for dysleixic people and makes everything much easier to read.

>>85543166
Yeah, I'm throwing in for a couple of the Kev White Golgo Island sculpts and seeing what extras pop out when I shake it.

>>85543313
>>85543672
>>85543630
You could, in >theory< have a program that takes orders, algorithmically fits them onto a plate at set time intervals, then autoslices and orients them until a plate is full, and finally fires up and runs a cycle. One of the advantages of resin 3dp is that you can parallel-process large numbers of stuff in a way you can't with other additive manufacturing. That said, cleaning/prep/maintenance and filtering are still gonna need to be manual for the foreseeable future. So labor's the bottleneck and it ain't leaving.
>>
>>85543917
Part of the problem with labour costs is it eliminates one of the key advantages of 3d printing, that you can save shipping by setting up printing locations in different continents. The main continents you want to ship to tend to have more expensive labour. Personally I'd rather companies not rely on asian slaves but i don't think the companies feel that way.
>>
>>85543930
I guess 3D printing needs less expertise than resin though (the other cheap and actually better option). Iirc Antenocitis Workshop for example crumbled because they lost their resin guy.
>>
>>85535068
Weird
I was looking at Boris simiano sculpts today
Don’t think this guy is released tho
>>
>>85535921
Like the swastika the original is like a few thousand years old, I doubt anyone knows it’s meaning
>>
>>85536020
It’s used by slavic larpagans more than neo nazis as a bunch where found in Ukrainian Neolithic digs
>>
>>85536049
Good work, cucking always pays off
>>
>>85536072
>my holocaust class
Lmao really?
>>
>>85544006
You never had a day on it when you were learning WW2 in school?
>>
>>85544013
Lol no, we didn’t focus on jewish history in Australia when I was in school
>>
>>85544027
In adelaide when i went to school it was covered, briefly.
>>
>>85543969
According to Boris it's for an upcoming Westfalia KS.
>>
>>85544060
Sweet, I’ll get that for sure, can’t believe he sculpts that shit by hand, insane even for mini sculptors
is it Boris simiano or Boris wolozyn? I find similar (hero quest) minis for both -I wish those hero quest ones where available
>>
>>85544027
>>85544035
Can confirm that a visit to the holocaust museum in Sydney has been a part of the NSW curriculum for at least 20 years. I was sick that day though so I assume the whole thing was made up for gibs.
>>
>>85544081
prob a perk of being in the country then, Insane australia has holocaust museums, we have one in perth, at least the govt gave 12M to build one whether it happened or not I couldn’t tell you
>>
>>85544129
The fuck is up with those anyway? Didn't Canada refurbish a native museum into one?

Anyway wow haha new Warmachine lmao I hope Cephalyx come back. Love those lil dudes.
>>
>>85544178
It seems so extreme of them to basically retire every old model. I mean I just cant even imagine trusting them to keep the new shit playable next edition after this.
>>
>>85544073
>Boris wolozyn
This Boris. Among the best absolute 'by hand' sculptors that are out there.
>>
>>85544185
I'm not even going to play if they do, lost all my old shit in a move and bought one of the mk3 upgrade decks before it was rendered obsolete a week after release by an app I couldnt fucking figure out how to use that wanted me to buy my cards again.
>>
>>85544222
Everything that already exists except a small handful of armies is moving to an eternal format and only the themes that are getting the new jacks are going to be in standard. Every non character jack is probably going to this format too. Anyone who has played a game with multiple formats can tell you, people only play one of them unless your game is so popular its magic the gathering.
>>
>>85544197
Wtf
Go on yt and he has a few vids, channel is called Boris woloszyn but he introduces himself as Boris simiano…
>>
>>85540757
Si, maybe I need to wait for more gypsies and jews.

My dream list is Red Skull, Magneto, Moon Knight, Shadowcat and Doc Samson.
Dunno how to affliate the team yet, but I could just add Sin and Crossbone
>>
>>85544288
I'd like to see some thunderbolts or dark avengers. For the sake of affiliation convenience, maybe combine them.

If i was just picking 5 characters i like at random to form a team, probably Moonstone, Namor, Kitty Pryde, Emma Frost and Cyclops. If possible the red outfit from when he realized xavier was a human simp.
>>
File: 1659785095843332.jpg (622 KB, 1080x2052)
622 KB
622 KB JPG
>>85543785
>>
>>85544185
after this? you'd be crazy to trust them *now*
>>
No wait, here's my marvel crisis protocol dream team. Kang, Rama-tut and Immortus. Maybe some filler but I'd assume they would be like 15-17 threat just the three of them.
>>
>>85539427
Absolutely fire your graphic designer, if your graphic designer is you, hire one. Your layout is shit and your unjustified text and horrible typography choices make me want to kill myself. Red text on a brown underlay is just the icing on the cake of excrement that is your layout skills. Also, Ragnarok; Einherjar? Are you actually a chuuni 12 year old? You couldn't have chosen a more meaningless title otherwise.
Bin everything and start over.
>>
>>85544185
Don't worry, the old models will always be playable as Cities of Cygnar, until they aren't!
>>
>Supreme Court overturns Roe V Wade
>Privateer Press has an abortion in protest
You go girl.
>>
>>85545170
Snort
>>
Is it just me or are Mantic's sculpts improving? I hope they redo the Basilean range.
>>
>>85544185
How typical of PP to take a page out of GW and make it even worse
>>
File: Screenshot (1171).png (1.43 MB, 777x1004)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>85544710
>Bin everything and start over.
Not gonna happen, bud.
I changed the color back to a faded black because I agree with you on that much, but I bet you can't even tell what font I changed it to now since damn near all serif text looks the same; if you want sans-serif font it's not gonna happen lol. If you have a serif font you like, lemme know what it is instead of just being a douche. Also, why do you want justified text so vehemently? What kind of person can't read left-aligned text or finds it annoying?
>Ragnarok; Einherjar?
Yup. Ragnarök is what is happening in the world and your units are known as Einherjar (the souls of the slain) not my fault you're uneducated, but I should make that a bit more obvious for people like you. I'll probably just add an addendum somewhere explaining what those words mean.

Either trolling to troll, or just mad, to have such an extreme reaction as to want to kill yourself. Calm down.
>>
>>85543617
Kingdom death level would be good. Though honestly a lot of the kingdom death models could use more tits. Like how can you bill yourself as a sexual boutique horror game, when no one's got more than DD's?
>>
>>85544710
Kys
>>
How do you guys feel about people who get into wargaming, but refuse to paint?

I've heard it mentioned a few times over the internet and increasingly at my shop.

It's the same reasoning each time.
>Costs too much
>Not good enough
>Takes too much time
>Only want to play games
>I wish there were more prepainted options

I didn't think it would bum me out, but it's starting to bug me.
>>
>>85546229
Cause the creator prefers thighs clearly.
The correct choice really.
>>
>>85546579
I think someone who enjoys painting minis should open an e-store where people send you their minis, you paint them, send them back, get paid.
>>
File: rmz1g0e153m41[1].jpg (25 KB, 500x676)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>85546579
>Get into a hobby but don't do the biggest part of the hobby
Yeah, some people are retarded. Miniatures wargames are shit as games. If you want the raw gameplay, hex and chit is leagues better.
I only use fully painted armies and it's fun to see grey tide fags get increasingly uncomfortable when people come over too look at the minis. I'm not even a decent painter.
>>
>>85543917
>>85538568
>>85538233
Ace cheers!

Been reading through the rulebook based on what's been said, and am currently planning out a Warband and Wizard. Decided I generally want to have an edge lord demon summoner archetype. Just have the main rulebook but I understand the 1e stuff can be grandfathered in? Any I should pick up?

Loose framework;
>Wizard: Control/Summon Demon, Animal Companion, Steal Health
>Apprentice: Summon Zombie, Brew Potion
>Apothecary

Do everything I can to bring in a Major Demon, use the Apothecary and Steal Health to keep me topped up should I need to do it again.
>>
>>85546229
>Boon connoisseur complaining about itty bitty titty committee badge holders
Ngmi
>>
>>85533123
And probably about to get more expensive, heating and power bills will be fun for small companies in the UK this year.
>>
>>85546635
You know who else has thicc thighs? Femboys.
Checkmate atheists.
>>
>>85547186
Works for me.
>>
File: PXL_20210925_234842667.jpg (1.11 MB, 2592x1944)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>85546579
I personally hate to painting, but I do it. If not well.
When possible I con someone else to do it.
>>85546796
There are a lot of places like that. Their rates are usually outside my price range.
>>
>>85546796
>>85547233
Yeah these places exists and, understandably, getting your army painted is expensive. It is a very time and concentration intensive task that also wears out your specialized tools and consumes your paints, so it's reasonable that a decent painter will ask at least $15 per hour, and we all know how long it takes to paint an army. And if that's something they do as a main or supporting source of income, rather than just a small side gig, it's more likely gonna be $20+ for them to make enough of a profit to justify it.
Unfortunately, as with many handcrafts, a pricetag that is sufficient to justify the painter's time efforts and materials is also a pricetag that many customers can't justify paying - armies are already expensive enough for most people, and getting them painted by someone would likely cost several times the cost of the minis.

Although I guess if someone were to put up a small studio of 5-10 painters and have enough of a market to justify the operation, they might manage to do assembly line-style painting of just flat colour + dip or primer + contrasts in such a way to produce tabletop-quality paintjobs at affordable rates. I presume that if you are five people painting a unit and each doing just the same one colour and zone on each model, it should take noticeably less than a fifth of the time that it would take for a single person to do all colours.
The problem there would be having enough of a market and big enough of a customer base to justify the work of five people. Which doesn't sound realistically possible if that was all they were doing, but might work if the same studio was also making money from other projects, or running a successfully monetized Youtube channel, or shit like that.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1659811849217.jpg (66 KB, 960x736)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
Look at these Gangstas
>>
>>85546579
>Not good enough

What really grinds my gears is how people at some age just switch off to the idea of trying new things and/or the internet has ruined our brains by only showing you the tip of the iceberg. Not good enough for what/who is my response, and you don't get better at something by not doing it, so unless people actually have the balls to try something new and suck at it first how are they ever going to get better?
>>
Does anyone have a good source of Frostgrave thugs aside from the Frostgrave Soldier box? For those who aren't familiar, the thug is simple and lowly as the name implies, and they're free in-game so even the most destitute team can fill up on them. The only notable equipment they carry is a hand weapon, which could be a sword or axe or short spear, although it isn't a staff or dagger. They don't have armor worth noting or shields.
>>
>>85547657
Just look for various SAGA levy units. Or various bandit style models for RPGs.
>>
>>85547609
Baller
>>85547646
I'm of the opinion that a bad paint job looks better than no paint job.
>>
>>85547892
Russian roulette, with six bullets. Please give it a try, I'm sure you'll love it.
>>
>>85546579
I don't paint my minis because I'm very bad at painting and if I haven't painted them badly at least they might someday be painted well
>>
>>85547892
Outside of GW and Hasbro I can't think of anything major to avoid.
>>
>>85547967
just strip them if you fuck them up
>>
>>85548217
Can plastic be stripped? I heard that it was virtually impossible to do that
>>
>>85548297
it can definitely be stripped
>>
>>85548297
Plastic and metal are easy to strip, resin can be trick due to melting to most paint-stripping chemicals.
>>
>>85547910
>Used a malarov
>It jammed
Shit gaem
>>
>>85548626
T. Phone fag, sorry
>>
>>85545759
Their newer stuff is much better. The manufacturing for their hard plastic seems to be pretty different now, and they thankfully ditched restic.
>>
>>85547609
Nice; I really like what you did to the left ones armour. Looks sick like that, maybe do the guy on the right the same way?
>>
>>85547609
10/10, would walk out of Mordor with.
>>
>>85543964
>>85543930
The companies under the most pressure to switch to 3DP are companies that spincast or resin cast already. Which is almost universally done in countries with high labor costs because those are also the ones that believe in a thing called "QA" and "skilled labor"

>3dp needs less expertise
Maintaining the printer and other hard/software is definitely more complicated and harder to learn than maintaining a resin rig. Resin is something you can literally do in your garage with a week of practice and a full setup is about half the price (and labor) it takes to turn an "acceptable" printer into a "good" printer. Problem is it's wasteful, toxic, and precise work. Setting up a good mold takes a couple hours, and you have to make a new one every 30-50 shots or so no matter how careful you are. It also requires you to be moving almost constantly during a series of shots prepping each station in turn, then going back and moving everything down the line one step while doing rapid QA so you can dump the garbage instead of wasting another half-hour on a failed cast. On the other hand with a team you can get one guy on each station and one setting up molds, at which point it goes like fucking clockwork.
Spincasting has every advantage of Resin, but moves >much< faster per shot than either. A proper metal setup can dump hundreds of minis in an hour including warmup time, and you can recycle failed casts. It's less good at switching rapidly between many different models.

TL:DR:
The equipment for 3DP takes more expertise to set up and run successfully than resin. Actual production uses significantly less labor. Adding more labor, however, does not speed up the process. Only more hardware.
Resin requires you to put more work into every step of the process, but the process is constantly monitored and it's much easier to produce and maintain the hardware required. You need both labor and hardware to increase production, but it scales much faster than 3DP.
>>
File: Warnuns 2020 October.jpg (633 KB, 1791x829)
633 KB
633 KB JPG
>>85547019
>Just have the main rulebook but I understand the 1e stuff can be grandfathered in? Any I should pick up?
"Thaw of the Lich Lord" is an excellent campaign and adds a bunch of useful soldiers. Forgotten Pacts has so-so rules and good magic and soldiers. The others are situational. "Breeding Pits" is a dungeon mod. "Perilous Dark" is for help designing solo and co-op scenarios. "Folio" combines several online-only mini campaigns, and all the rules updates in it were added to the main rules or severely nerfed by changes to the new edition.
"Maze of Malcor" is probably the weakest. The campaign is highly-specialized, the rules updates are superseded, and the new schools of magic are poorly thought-out at best.

>yer list
Wizard and Apprentice share the same spellbook. The Apprentice is slightly worse at it.

>>85546579
The grey tide will always plague us. Praise people who put in the minimum effort. You can help the "too expensive", "not enough time", and "not good enough" guys sometimes. Dip and Contrasts/knockoffs have led to a big dip in the unpainted echelons in my area.

>>85547657
Buy literally any historical or fantasy grunt/peasant/bandit/thug models and give them a weapon. It's not hard. Pic very related. If you're really hard-up, buy a loose sprue of WGA Dark Age Irish and get some free dogs with your grunts, or snag one of some Oathmark Human Light Infantry.

>>85548297
LA's Totally Awesome or 99% isopropyl alcohol.

>>85547892
Fuck off you irritating nigger, we're here to play games and not wave our cocks about politics.
>>
>>85546109
>Yup. Ragnarök is what is happening in the world and your units are known as Einherjar (the souls of the slain) not my fault you're uneducated, but I should make that a bit more obvious for people like you. I'll probably just add an addendum somewhere explaining what those words mean.
yo, not that guy, but there are a shitload of bands, videogames and even some wargames already that use those terms. If you give a fuck about SEO at all the criticism of the name is more than justified. It might be accurate, but not particularly original/stand out.
The the condescending tone is not making you smart either.
>>
>>85547609
neat. Are those the crusader ogres?
>>
>>85551677
who is the double homo?
>>
>>85551677
>Doubling the queer
I'm using that.
>>
>>85543483
>huge vintage Kryomek
Nice. I have a soft spot for that game from when I ended up playing it with green army men and plastic dollar store monsters as the aliens when I was a little kid. The system is, looking back at it, a bit of a fiddly mess my friend and I doubtlessly did wrong, but we had a great time.
>>
>>85551742
a BL author
>>
>>85551863
Why is boys love author talking about 40k?
>>
>>85551863
oh. After I read the first couple of HH books I stopped reading anything from the BL. Don't think they matter aside from the cover art.
>>
>>85551868
Have you seen marines?
>>
Marvel Crisis Protocol players, what's a good avengers list? I think i have the bases of a good list but i feel like splashing characters that aren't avengers would be good as currently my whole team is avengers.

What would be a good splash or two?
>>
>>85547892
Infinity
Historicals
Alt rulesets lime OPR
>>
File: 1587948841080.png (1.4 MB, 1100x828)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>>85551884
Uh... no?
>>
>>85547892
>>85551914
>Infinity
literally has a forced transsexual character in the lore with all the worst bottom tier shit from weeb/anime culture
>Alt rulesets lime OPR
OPR is cockgobbling commie that uses the DLC model via patreon to make any of his shit worth even looking at.

Just get an agnostic rules set and make up your own setting from minis you like there are a fair number of solo games out there as well if you are into that.
>>
>>85551952
>a forced transsexual
>a, singular
You're out of date, it now has one genuinely forced, one forced by circumstance, and one voluntary.
>>
>>85552002
welp. Guess I not gonna paint that operation icestorm starter for another little while
>>
File: 1576779957006.jpg (20 KB, 640x359)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>85551952
>totally free game used a DLC model
>>
>>85552037
don't leave off the second half of the sentence you dummy
>to make any of his shit worth even looking at.
>>
File: 20220806_233725.jpg (2.95 MB, 4032x3024)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB JPG
Got this gutrags speedpainted just now, gonna use him as a Large Construct for Frostgrave, since we're on the subject. I've also got some medium and small boys along the same lines, although they're not quite as fleshy.
The yellow is much less pronounced under normal lighting, although it is very vibrant with the flashlight. As always, the camera picks out every flaw.
>>
>>85552037
>totally free
>other than having to sub to their patreon to get the other two thirds of the rules, and then only cancel after the end of the month to avoid getting fucked on the automatic resub or banned for sploits
>and the mailing list it autoenrolls you in full of pleading for you to subscribe to their 3DP minis patreon
>>
>>85552698
>the other two thirds of the rules
You mean optional modules for shit like random climate events, command points, and apocalypse scale?
>>
>>85552698
The basic rules are free. They're literally one page.
How crazy complex do you think the paywalled ones are? It's legit nothing you couldn't knock out in a couple hours. Or even make up on the fly.
>>
>>85552817
>The basic rules are free. They're literally one page.
>How crazy complex do you think the paywalled ones are? It's legit nothing you couldn't knock out in a couple hours. Or even make up on the fly.
I mean...you could also just come up with one page yourself. They're just copying GW's homework anyway.
>>
File: ShinyBait.png (90 KB, 1000x1000)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>>
>>85551894
I have barely played but Sam Wilson could use Hela, Punisher, Winter Soldier or Drax and Winter Soldier has a card with steve.
I dont know about hulkbuster maybe black cat or enchantress to steal assets in anyone though.
Hela Enchantress Thor lets you flex asgard
>>
>>85551894
>>85553115
Shit forgot to post why its because those characters turn dazed friends into damage. So take lots of cheap avengers have them do things by outnumbering then as they get dazed punisher or hela murders everyone.
>>
File: mad max.jpg (10 KB, 300x168)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>85532898
Played my first game of Gaslands yesterday, did a few street races as it's the scenario recommended for new players, and all in all it was pretty fun, and I am looking forward getting me some cars and Mad Maxing them up
>>
>>85551630
Oathmark orcs
>>
>>85552817
>>85552720
Call your shareware what it is instead of pretending it's free. And for fuck's sake drop the goddamned Columbia Music "sub for one month cancel any time after" scam. It's tiresome.
>>
>>85546926
Yet nobody has come up with a good and popular hex n' chit game. Curious, eh?
>>
>>85553927
>he doesn't know.
>>
>>85547967
>I don't paint my minis because I'm very bad at painting and if I haven't painted them badly at least they might someday be painted well
>I'm waiting to wake up as Michelangelo someday
Stupidest approach.
Unless you actually have some sort of neurological shaky hands man condition, painting competently is not difficult or even particularly time-consuming.
Paint bad, improve through practice, paint good.
>>
>>85553927
Advanced Squad Leader.
>>
>>85547967
It is only by painting badly that you become someone who paits well. Buy a fucking box of $1/model Perry plastics, slap some gotdamn paint on them, and write it off as a training expense. By the time you are finished with the box you WILL be better. Keep a couple models to remind you. Step it up to some Oathmark infantry or WGA stuff. Sell it off at half price. You're going to be better still. Look for a model you want painted. Try. Fuck it up. Strip it. Try again. You'll be better. Don't touch this one again. Buy another of the same model if you have to, but leave it the fuck alone.
Now, go paint some stuff you have clear ideas for, but don't care too much about. Come back to the one you care about and sketch up the paint job. Go do more chaff. Reward yourself with one you "really want". Compare it with the first time you painted it.
By then you will likely be painting well, or at least acceptably, but because you're an artist your brain will be screaming that you fucked it up. This is normal. Ignore it. Come back to the model in a couple weeks after doing something else and the artistic fuckwit between your ears will not be able to remember exactly what is wrong.

TL:DR buy like 60 models you don't really care about but look kinda interesting. knocking them out will get your skills up enough to be decent. Keep some of them as mementos when you start being an artist to yourself in a year as a fucking reality check of how bad you used to be.

Anything worth doing is worth doing badly, for that is how you do it well.
>>
>>85553927
It's OGRE.
>>
File: ruin01.jpg (248 KB, 2053x1501)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
My WIP ruined building, first thing bigger than le meme corner ruin.
>>
File: ruin02.jpg (297 KB, 2233x1751)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
And the back, its made from parts of two stalled projects to save materials so the side walls aren't quite right. Going to add ladders and stuff soon.
>>
>>85553911
Frothing
>>
>>85552018
You should burn the minis in protest.
>>
>>85543206
Neither this nor PP will be moving enough units though, you just know that.

Also seriously, the 9th age starter has unit fillers instead of figures, fucking lol.
>>
>>85555746
I've heard estimates of between 5000-10k as where it starts favoring resin where do you think it is? I agree no miniatures company today is breaking those numbers on a single sprue/mold except GW and MAYBE corvus belli.
>>
>>85543980
It's a sun symbol, basically everywhere it existed (and that means nearly every continent and culture) it's been a sun symbol. It's one of the simplest designs you can make. and sun is unsurprisingly one of the most universal objects for humans.
>>
>>85555775
I've no idea at which precise point the economy of scale kicks in for mould vs print, but I seriously doubt PP with it's $200 starters and 9th age with it's triple-digit fanbase will reach it.
>>
>>85555794
>triple-digit fanbase
Decimals don't count, the wargaming community at large has agreed to round up Two-Thirds Steve for survey purposes
>>
>>85555822
You know he doesn't like being called that just because of the amputation anon why do you keep doing this
>>
>>85555794
They absolutely won't, but 3D printing is still retarded. The smart way to use 3D printing is to spend a bunch of time on making stellar master prints and then just use old-fashioned resin casting to replicate them. It's cheaper, faster and yields better results.
>>
>>85556466
But its not. That's precisely the point.
>>
>>85556496
For resin casting double digit sales already beat 3D prints easily.
>>
>>85556589
Source?
>>
>>85556466
No, the smart way to use 3D printing is to print negatives of your silicone molds, using booleans off your digital sculpts. Mold making is the real time waster and bottleneck in the resin casting process. Repeatable and exact master molds is a massive time saver as well as massive waste reducer.
Traditional 2 part mold making off a master sculpt is some really dated approach that requires actual skill and is generally non-repeatable. (Soft polymer clays, precise positioning of master for perfect separation without undercuts tearing the finished silicone mold)

>>85556653
https://3d.formlabs.com/webinar-bridging-production-3d-printing-and-urethane/
is a decent white paper/webinar of your volume breakpoints.
>>
Is Blaster #4 somewhere in the trove?
>>
>>85533455
I need to get around to painting my Hazards.

And my other €150 of Algoryn
>>
>>85555880
to be fair it was a very large leg
>>
File: 20220807_202344.jpg (477 KB, 2048x1152)
477 KB
477 KB JPG
Warcrow looks painfully generic eh
>>
>>85559042
>painfully generic
>Corvus Belli
What the fuck did you expect?
>>
Where do you guys find good mats/playing fields for Gaslands?
Any certain place I should look, any brands I must have/must avoid?
>>
>>85547967
>I don't paint my minis because I'm very bad at painting and if I haven't painted them badly at least they might someday be painted well

How exactly do you expect to improve by not doing it? By the sounds of it they will be painted well, by someone else. Its just fucking paint and lumps of fucking plastic; you didn't learn to read, walk or not shit yourself every day by not doing either of those, did you?
>>
>>85559042
Fantasy is mostly rehash of generic lotr clones in western europe
>>
>>85554909
Good work so far. Post when it's finished.
>>
>>85559042
That is pretty bad. Like would fit in with new Heroquest bad.
>>
>>85559042
>painfully generic
Not true, those designs are aggressively ugly
>>
>>85560577
Those are not mutually exclusive statements.
>>
File: somepathfindershit.jpg (1018 KB, 2820x2165)
1018 KB
1018 KB JPG
>>85560570
Reminds me of that one aggressively belts and straps Pathfinder artist: Wayne Reynolds. With some color coded WoW flair. Just normal modern western high fantasy.
>>
>>85560661
I had the same thought but I couldn't remember the name. Yeah lots of ridiculous unnecessary belts
>>
>>85559042
Left is awful, midget stormcast. Right is shit. Boring.
Middle is cute and softly generic.
>>
>>85559042
I thought that CB was good at making hot women. That picture looks like you lowered the y scale on accident with how squashed their faces are.
>>
>>85559042
Maybe it's just the camera, but they seem very disproportionate
>>
File: 20220531_184722.jpg (307 KB, 1440x1501)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>>85553991
What are these tiles from?
>>
>>85563510
Heroscape, or some homebrewed version of it
>>
>>85563510
HeroScape probably, was popular game at one point and its big gimmick was variety of different terrain pieces (like ones you see here) that you could stack together like legos to build all forms of terrain.
>>
>>85561398
Hot women are problematic promoting unrealistic beauty standards, and are not to be created anymore.
>>
>>85563529
>>85563537
Thanks, fellas.
>>
Looks like they're resurrecting Heroscape.
https://hasbropulse.com/blogs/avalon-hill/upcoming-releases-for-avalon-hill-announced-at-gen-con-2022

You guys think it will be any good, it just surgery cash grab?
>>
>>85563592
Please fuck off back to /pol/

>>85559042
I wish they'd stop making side games. I know companies like to diversify but it only makes me think less of them.
>>
>>85563845
It's Hasbro, expect it to be as phoned as their Heroquest re-release. That said I'd still play it if people at my locals picked it up.
>>
>>85563845
>You guys think it will be any good?
Nope it was never good to begin with. But atleast the tiles will be
>>
>>85563845
I just started working to debase my Marro so I can make proper swampy bases for them. If I'm lucky they might actually make more of them.
>>
>>85551868
anon, it's 40k. see >>85551932
you know what dark angel is, don't you
>>
>>85559774
>Where do you guys find good mats/playing fields for Gaslands?
>Any certain place I should look, any brands I must have/must avoid?
I made mine with canvas dropcloth, sterilized dirt, sand, and tinted acrylic caulking. Cost ~$30 all told. Gonna make another one in a month or so now that I've got the technique down. Pic related. Ignore the captions, they're from a discussion about how to lay out amounts and types of terrain.
The Terrain Tutor has a basic tutorial in his archives.

>>85563510
>>85563686
>>85563845
As the other Anons said, HeroScape. Notably, the patent on the locking system expired before Hasbro bothered to try to bring it back, so you can find all sorts of compatible hex-tile sets on most 3D Printing sites as well as pick them up for relatively cheap from Etsy.

>Will the revamp be good
Probably not. It was already a bottom-of-the-barrel game that happened to have some good looking elements, and Hasbro is not exactly known for putting extra work into their cash grabs.
>>
Is there any game with important mama-unit like in homeworld vidiya? I know I can do some sort in Heavy. gear or even in Wh, but it feels more like gimmick. Doesn't matter, if it's space/land/sea
>>
>>85563845
Most don't really care about the game. They just want the tiles.
>>
>>85567851
Can you explain?
Never played that
>>
>>85568136
In HW series you have big mothership/crawler, which produces smaller things. If you lost it, then gg.

In Heavy Gear you can take very big tanks and some escort for them. If you play old hex editions, then basicaly you have deserts of Kharak with mechs.

GW want to sell big models, nuff said.
>>
does anyone have the full patreon OPR rules? I plan on backing for at least a month when i get a bit of free cash
>>
>>85567851
Might be in Billion Suns. Leviathans is you want to get into battletech space combat. It looked like SW Armada(?) had some big ships compared to other units but no idea how it played because idgaf about starwars.
Battlefleet Gothic if you use spacehulk rules, or even the battleships really.
>>
>>85567851
OGRE?
>>
>>85568461
Godtear and Underworlds have such forces, but its not really a army.
Malifaux has forces which can be played very much in the sense that you have a small number summoning the bulk of your cheap and weak forces.
I don't play many army game so Skirmish is the most I know
>>
>>85569798
Actually 90% hit, I just want both players to have big thingy.
>>
Learned about Chromehamer Accention
Is it worth 12 dollhairs? I am always up for a solo game
>>
>>85551894
Assuming you’re playing with core Cap. America you should leverage his leadership ability by stacking your squad with characters that frequently use their super powers— especially reactive ones (since you generally only use those once during each opponent turn, meaning you always get the discount).
>>
>>85569954
You can play with both players having ogres and troops if you want.
>>
>>85556991
Tbf I like Hazard command squad more. Those extra collars do wonders on those little plain shoulderpads.
>>
>>85567851
Monsterpocalypse has each player using one to three (Almost always two, though) giant kaiju/robots and a bunch of extremely expendable, infinitely respawning little units that could be tanks, smaller mechs, or small monsters.
>>
>>85570779
Prolly. I've got a bunch of other Nordic Weasel stuff, and it's all well worth the price
>>
What are some games that use objectives for things other than scoring points or terrain for defense? I know Alkemy had a system where your mages scavenged their supplies during the game, and Malifaux has models that play with scheme markers in weird ways.

I'm working on a fantasy system where magic is a rare resource, so people are fighting over it, with the idea that you are trying to secure them, but things like the objective points and the magical equipment you bring with you can be drained as back-up mana, forcing the idea of weighing either the short term gain or playing the long game with said things.
>>
File: 400552.jpg (120 KB, 900x1157)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>85570779
>Chromehammer Ascension

Bought it but haven't read it yet so I can't opine. Not because it's bad, because it's on my backlog; yes, in order.

>>85532898
Recently I got Insurgent Earth by the guy who made Zona Alfa. I'm about two thirds through it. I have to say I like really like it. It's basically skirmish level XCOM. Soldiers and Civilians fight against a technological superior alien force, though you could choose rules for the "aliens" to be a superior machine force lead by AI if you really wanted. And the flexibility of what the "aliens" are is baked into the system. Patrick Todoroff has written a number of different alien traits and technologies you chose from when you first make your alien menace. The weakness of the alien force is that their military is strictly hierarchical, static and use easy to predict tactics (Ie the alien force has an "AI" used in many solo skirmish games).

Also I'm getting some cyberpunk STLs 3D printed. I can't wait to add them to my 5 Parsecs from Home game.
>>
>>85575506
>Also I'm getting some cyberpunk STLs 3D printed
Which ones?
>>
>>85575108
Frostgrave has treasure objective tokens that are revealed after the game to be either money for buying new/better troops or magic items, some of which give permanent bonuses or effects. The entire premise is that an ancient magic mecca was buried in ice for a millenia, and now it's started to thaw out enough for people to go in, so a ton of wizards are rushing it for ancient magic loot, often encountering each other in a very unfriendly manner.
>>
>>85568461
>>85567851
There's a game Dream Pod 9 has been working up off-and-on that's really clearly based on that surface carrier Homeworld game. Dunno if they ever wound up actually releasing it, but it's what the "Fleet Scale" Heavy Gear minis are for. There's a similar mechanic in Jovian Wars, which is meant to be more like Gundam than Homeworld.
>>
Anyone who has tried Darklands here or gotten their hands on the second edition book or pdf, what is it like? What are the mechanics and lore in the book like?
>>
>>85578114
>There's a similar mechanic in Jovian Wars
Specifically, Lightning Strike.
>>
>>85575108
Marvel Crisis protocol has objectives that give little buffs and stuff like that and batman miniatures game has all sorts of objective stuff.
>>
>>85575108
Batman does it very good as schemes markers are not actually always used to score points naturally.
Each crew has access to different cards, while each use scheme markers in different ways.
Riddler play passive and forces enemy to reveal their schemes (and get points if the enemy does reveal the wrong one)
League of shadows wants schemes close to enemy but well hidden.
Batman wants to reveal schemes.
Court of Owls wants schemes to mark enemy as preys, after marking people their scheme do not matter much.
Two-Face mostly wants scheme to improve his shooting, he doesn't really earn much points via scheming
>>
I like Kings of War and Onepagerules, but what about going in the other direction? What games have the character, flavour, and faction diversity (please do not read "complexity" into this) that WHFB does in comparison to those?
>>
>>85567851
Monsterpocalypse.
>>
>>85578328
Tere is also 9th age and Warhammer Armies Project 9th edition.
I think WAP would fit your tastes.
>>
>>85576409
Some cybered up supersoldiers from Unit9
>>
>>85579628
Is that Billy in a Lawnmower Man helmet?
>>
>>85578328
>(please do not read "complexity" into this)
How could one not? How do you at those things without increasing complexity?
I mean this as a serious question. It seems like a Holy Grail of game design.
>>
>>85579806
NTA, but I read that as complexity that adds something. classic WHFB and 9th age have a lot of complexity that is just baggage. the illusion of depth.
>>
>>85579668
That's Wolverine in his weapon X phase or something. Or a expy of at least.
>>
File: wx.jpg (68 KB, 356x499)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>85579946
Just a homage bro.
>>
>>85560169
To be fair, the original iterations of the LOTR look were like, Saxon England. Chainmail and whatnot.
Peter Jackson's LOTR was more inspired by GW styles, which in turn were intense mutations of fantasy when put in the hands of punk-rock nerds during Thatcherite England.
>>
>>85578328
I would discuss the games I know:
Malifaux is the most complex one, but it does have widely different playstyle. A summoner does not play like an aggressive crew.

Freebooters in the sense that the special rule really forces you in different gameplay.

Been playings lots of ASOIAF, where a Greyjoy and FF feel wildly different to NW but that might have been for the fact both are a lot different.

SAGA might be more up your alley, same mechanic but different effects. The dice boards make different army approach different problems differently.

Marvel Crisis Protocol has the different feeling down, a spider-man crew will play different then a spider-foes. If you know the game better the complexitiy falls off quickly, most models are a variation off the same mechanics.

Batman wins for me, a riddle crew does not play like a court of owls crew, two-faces gangster do not play like gangster, etc.
>>
>>85578328
The game i've been working on below definitely has character, flavor, and faction diversity. No two Pantheons play the same, or even close to one another, plus each Pantheon has its own unique units and faction specific mechanics. I already went ahead and fixed the terrible coloration of the player guide as others have requested. I also changed the symbol for the Eldonanth Pantheon to Black Sulfur. I'll be launching on Kickstarter in a few months, so keep an eye out if you're interested.
>>85535310
>>85535548
>>85535560
>>85538369
>>85539427
>>85539444
>>85539458
>>85539472
>>85539493
>>
File: Lore_02.pdf (267 KB, PDF)
267 KB
267 KB PDF
>>85580829
I should have put this in the above post, my bad. I also wrote some more bones for the world itself. These are far from the full description of each city, and I have yet to write about the Northern Kingdoms, the Shimmering Isles, the Shattered Lands, and the Crying Coast. Also, this is only Midgard. I have much more to write about Asgard, Alfheim, Vannaheim, and Svartalfheim. I have made a physical map as well that will be released with the game for people who enjoy that kind of thing, so you can see exactly where the places I describe are. It is nowhere near complete so I can't post pics yet.
>>
>>85535068
So much soul, hand sculpts are best sculpts.
>>
>>85539427
>Before you freak out about "it's hard to read!" the artistic version of the book is meant to be that way.
Enjoy not making money I guess? It's meant to work that way also.
>>
File: IMG_20220808_020502_DRO.jpg (212 KB, 1190x892)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>85546579
>>85546796
I'm on the exact opposite of the spectrum. I paint, and I paint well, I'm told. Here, this was 2 hours from black to this stage, and I don't consider it done. Judge yourself. But I don't play the GW games, and don't socialise with the people playing them either. So I don't know how to approach people for commissions. I struggle with the thought of having to learn their games and spend time playing them with people, because I have better things to do than play those games. I just enjoy painting the models.
>>
>>85546796
>>85582828
Isn't this the whole point of sites like fiver?
>>
>>85583018
Fiver is for people racing to the bottom, unfortunately. I live in the first world, so I have to charge accordingly, unlike say Ukranians or Poles. No offence to those people, there are excellent painters coming from the shitty eastern block places. Some of the best in the world, in fact.
>>
>>85582763
If you read a little further you'll see that it's fixed and there is a simple black and white text document version as well
>>
File: DSC_1056.jpg (222 KB, 1600x900)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>85546579
Optic is an important factor in miniature wargaming. Without it, why use miniatures in the first place.

I understand that some people are hesitant to paint their armies, especially if they play a lot of different games, and have little spare time (family and all that stuff).
Or they simply hate painting as a hobby in itself. Some people also hate gluing together plastic models and prefer single piece metals.
Each to their own.

But, with painting in particular, there are two easy solutions for this "problem":
>Pay someone to paint the stuff, either a professional or a friend.

Or, if money is also an issue:
>hit the minis with black primer spray can, and then a zenithal from a white spray can.

Fucking done. Its not a perfect paintjob, but it looks so much better than unpainted plastic, and i believe nobody would complain if a guy would say
>hey, i hate painting, but i put in those 15 minutes of extra work to make the minis look at least somewhat decent.

Pic related. I would play against those without a 2nd thought. Bare plastic? Nope.
>>
>>85582828
Do you have Instagram or Facebook?
Join groups like "40k painting" or whatever they are called. Follow other painters.
Post your minis there, and on your Insta profile. (I heard some painters also use twitter).
People will follow you if they like your stuff.
Put somewhere in your profile "Open for commission work" and you will get requests, i'm 100% certain.

No need for you to play any GW game at all (they suck anyway, strictly speaking about the rules).
>>
>>85583771
Thank you I am going to do that.
>>
>>85583817
Great looking Mage (Gandalf?) btw.
Good luck with your endeavour.
>>
>>85583883
Yeah it's Gandalf, but I don't like him gray. I already have that version in 28mm.
>>
>>85583111
What prices are you thinking of charging?
I've got a huge grey backlog I could use help with.
>>
>>85583726
I don't really see how these are better than bare plastic.
>>
File: 1630789101953.jpg (20 KB, 500x584)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>trying to buy chromehammer assention
>card keeps getting declined despite having money

Can someone post it in the mega? this is driving me up the wall
>>
>>85584286
And that is why you will always be a faggot.
>>
>>85584856
Like just paint them instead of being a faggot. A base coat doesn't make you any better than a grey tide player.
I'd honestly rather play against paper standees.
>>
>>85584286
It's really not. Instead of grey plastic, you're looking at black plastic. There's really no difference.
>>
question for Marvel Crisis Protocol, Do the infinity gems take up one of your 10/5 card slots?
>>
>>85587281
No not anymore, but you need to add the character with the stones on roster generation.
>>
>>85532898
New thread
>>85589026
>>85589026

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.