[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>>>IF YOU ARE ASKING A QUESTION, PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH GAME YOU'RE PLAYING<<<

Ranger Edition

/pfg/ (pathfinder 1e) link repository: https://pastebin.com/RSt0rF0T
/p2g/ (pathfinder 2e) link repository: https://pastebin.com/1zySxwm3
/sfg/ (starfinder) link repository: https://pastebin.com/5yp9s2U3
/3eg/ (D&D 3.X) link repository: https://pastebin.com/VMRsxB2m

The T̶r̶o̶v̶e̶ Vault (seed, please!):
bit<dot>ly/2Y1w4Md

Previous thread: >>85456255
>>
What is the best weapon of 1e?
>>
>>85511012

Butchering axe, orc hornbow, or a Traveler's Any-Tool sledgehammer with the Shikigami Style feat chain.
>>
How are traps supposed to work? It seems like if the Rogue has decent skill ranks.

It seems like either your rush it and roll - or it's a binary of "is the Rogue's Take 20 high enough to detect?" I guess there is a time tradeoff, but it seems like traps RAW are kinda boring.
>>
>>85510977
what is the best weapon of pf2e?
>>
>>85511523
nothing, switch back to 1e
>>
>>85511523

It depends on your level, class, and build. For example, the flickmace is a good choice for many Strength martials. However, even some Strength martials may find another weapon more optimal, like a meteor hammer fighter at 5th level and above, or a guisarme barbarian.
>>
>>85511127
>Butchering axe, orc hornbow
Are orcs the best weaponsmiths in Golarion?
>>
>>85511523
I like swords
>>
>>85512152
Welcome to Corneria
>>
>>85512152
>>85512210
I reread 8bittheater last year or so and it's still the only good webcomic.
>>
Pf1e
Has any conversion work been done for brining the owlcat versions of mythic over to tabletop?
I find the base mythic rules to be pretty boring. Even if the owlcat mythics from the crpg are ludicrously powerful in comparison, they definitely have a lot more flavor and variety.
>>
Andoran adventure path when? I need some Abe Lincoln bird person. And it need it now.
>>
>>85512410
>Has any conversion work been done for brining the owlcat versions of mythic over to tabletop?
Not that I know. Should be easy enough to just slap it on if you really want.
>>
>>85510977
Isn't there some metal sleeve piece of equipment or wondrous item that acted very similar to a buckler in 1e? I was thinking it was the training sleeve or falconry gauntlet, but it doesn't look like it.
>>
>>85512626
There are Bracers of Armor, Ring of Force Shield, Shield Cloak, and Tekko-Kagi (and some other weapons that can be used like shields which name I don't remember right now).
I don't remember any sleeve wondrous shields though.
>>
>>85512742
Thanks anon. While not really what I was looking for, a Tekko-Kagi seems to be the closest to what I wanted. I suppose I could always just ask my DM if I can flavor a buckler as a thicker armored sleeve if the alternative is asking whether or not I can enhance a Tekko-Kagi as a shield.

I just don't want a round disk cramping my two-handed weapon fighter's style
>>
>>85512937
wearing the buckler is only what, a -1 to attack rolls a weapon held in that hand, not really a big deal.
>>
>>85513171
It's an aesthetic difference, not mechanical
>>
>>85512210
>>85512366
I had to look this up I was just stating that I like swords
>>
File: vWkGeho.jpg (688 KB, 1733x2700)
688 KB
688 KB JPG
I swear Pathfinder is one of the most fetishy settings out there, some of the writers at Paizo are into some completely degenerate stuff.

Take Kytons which I read up on yesterday
>Be a completely depraved mortal who is into hardcore sadomasochism and guro shit
>Mutilate body in progressively worse and worse ways until eventually you decide to get strapped down to a table and tortured by someone until you die
>You are such a pain slut that somehow the fabric of reality warps and instead of going to Pharasma your soul goes to the plane of shadows
>Spend who knows how long there where you are simultaneously being tortured and also philosophizing about pain
>Eventually you self actualize into a Kyton and then spend the rest of your existence seeking out new experiences and ways of torturing or being tortured
>>
>>85511012
Falcata is my favorite.
>>
>>85513273
Kytons were introduced in D&D 2E Planescape back in the mid 90's. Pathfinder got to include them because of open game license.
>>
>>85513273
I might be thinking of something from 40k, but isn't there something in Pathfinder that reproduces through a fucked up rape baby torture ritual?
>>
>>85513291
Different version. Kytons in DnD are just a random type of Devil, Paizo made them into an entire unique race of outsiders. They only really have the name in common.
>>
>>85513399
Ah, my bad.
>>
>>85513273
>tfw some of the undead creature origin stories
>>
File: 1659198844204945.gif (710 KB, 540x540)
710 KB
710 KB GIF
>>85513273
>Look it up
>Find this shit

>Not all victims of a kyton’s torturous transformations perish from their captors’ exacting ministrations. Some creatures are transfigured into hybrids of their past selves and the dark malevolence of the kytons. These apostle kytons vary from being degenerate and submissive entities wholly subservient to the will of the kytons that massacred their sense of self, to utterly abominable creatures that take glee in their transformation, rising into leadership positions within kyton hierarchy. >Creatures that lose themselves completely to the shadowbound corruption also sometimes become apostle kytons, as their souls are twisted to match the kytons’ amoral sensibilities. Those who willingly become apostle kytons tend to share a similar niche with ostiarius kytons, and the two sorts of kytons often collude together in cabals.

So basically some people killed by them turn into submissive cocksleeves kek

There was also the vore pregnancy unbirthing one but no way am I gonna post that
>>
>>85513480
Attic Whisperer fucks me up for some reason even though it is not even one of the worst.
>>
>>85513617
>vore pregnancy unbirthing one
Was that also Kytons? Might be what I was thinking of when I posted >>85513364
>>
>>85513643
The abilities themselves add to it as well. The fact it's distracted by cribs and shit is chilling. Also honorable mention of the Burning Child.
>just floats around crying unless battle happens nearby
>created by orc alchemists torturing children to death in pursuit of magic
>can only be killed by hugging and providing it parental comfort for 3 rounds
Fuck orcs
>>
>>85512449
Kind of figured that might be the case.
If i can get something decent thrown together I might post it up somewhere, perhaps with guidelines for making custom mythic paths for GMs.
>>
>>85511523
Just the fact that it exists. Sends some into an autistic incel rage.

I offer this response >>85511582 as evidence.
>>
Is there anything that lets you cast innate spells as your class's tradition and with that class's modifier, or do you just get fucked for not playing a bard?
>>
>>85514010
2e I guess, but I'd think that's implicit in the question.
>>
>>85513617
>>85513273
>they are so addicted to pain that they unironically cut themselves into pieces to graft stronger body parts to their bodies
>kyton demagogue cities are literally piles of their victims twisted into structures
So let me get this straight, the plane of shadow is filled with sadomasochists who:
>horrified the gods so much they were imprisoned to a corner of hell
>escaped to the plane of shadow and breaks the natural process of the afterlife through sheer fucking willpower
>butchers their own bodies into indescribable body horror abominations for fun
>builds living cities out of their victims
>can and will turn you into a rape slave until you learn to like it and become just like them
Why the fuck is everyone so concerned about demons and devils when these fuckers exist?
>>
>>85514010
Varies by class, I think. Psychic has Ancestral Mind, which is close to what you're asking (only applies to innate spells gained from your ancestry). If your GM is cooperative you could probably use that as a template for a homebrew feat for whatever your class is.
>>
>>85514285
>Why the fuck is everyone so concerned about demons and devils when these fuckers exist?
Because these fuckers are kinda passive and mostly fuck with you only if go where they live. Kinda like a "If I ignore these fucks and stay away, they are mostly harmless" -situation
>>
>>85513273
Based but also that's just some hellraiser type shit.
>>
>>85514469
>Because these fuckers are kinda passive and mostly fuck with you only if go where they live
Really? I was reading that they casually hunt around the material plane looking for new parts to graft.
>>
>>85514592
Sure, but they do not just appear random locations.
Mostly in Nidal and some other fucked up places that have kinda obvious "you enter with your own risk" -signs.
>>
1e. What are some good and thematic ways to set up a halfling caster without going into support territory, which has always been my perception of caster halfling? I'm in the mood to roll up a casty midge and we've got a cleric super loaded for support and healing ready to go already.

I don't care if it's summoner eidolin ideas, cleric domains and deities you guys think are fitting, or oracle mysteries or sorc bloodlines, I just like my characters to feel flavorful while still being effective instead of eschewing flavor for min-maxing.
>>
>>85514618
Halfling synthesis summoner. Be such an angry manlet that you've summoned a tall-suit to beat up the cis-talls
>>
File: aragorn3.jpg (134 KB, 815x990)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
All my friends are making fun of me for wanting to play a Ranger. How do I be as OP as possible as a ranger? The only rules are it has to be 1st party material for Pathfinder 1e, and I have to play only a ranger, with maybe 2 levels of fighter dip. Also I'd prefer a non-spellcasting archetype but if I have to I will use spells.
>>
>>85510977
I want that cute elf I WANT THAT CUTE ELF
>>
>>85514618
Halfling Mesmerist is classic
>>
>>85514668
>wanting knife-ear whores
>>
>>85514660
Pick bow archery. Stack bow/ranged feats. Use Gravity Bow spell and Orc Hornbow.
Machinegun turret those arrows and wipe out enemies before any other party members manage to get close enough to attack.
>>
1e. Let's say my fighter has shit dex, what can I do for a semi-reliable ranged attack? Is there anything ranged with strength to hit and damage?
>>
>>85515529
You can apply str to damage with a sling or any thrown weapon.
I'm not aware of any weapon that uses str to attack though.
>>
>>85515529
Pretty much what >>85515557 said.
Though there is the Belt of Mighty Hurling, it gives +2 str and allows str for ranged to hit instead of dex. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/a-b/belt-of-mighty-hurling/
>>
File: 1419555271272.jpg (105 KB, 1011x791)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>85514668
I want to marry a Drow!
>>
>>85515661
>belt slot
Ouch
>>
>>85515925
Yeah, yeah. I know.
But...it's about the only option.
>>
>>85510977
thoughts on using Heroscape tiles as a hexcrawl/overworld map for players? i was going through some boxes in my closet and found a bunch on one of them, played with them and the models for a minute, then realized that i could probably make them into a terrain map for campaigns or something
>>
>>85516163
For systems that use hemaps like Battletech, they're worth their weight in gold. For square grid systems, you're better off just using 3d printed tiles with an opensource locking mechanism.
>>
Has anyone noticed that only humans have passed the test of the starstone and ascended?
>>
>>85516822
Anon, Cayden Cailean passed it on a drunken bet. It's really nothing special. Irori at least worked for his godhood.
>>
>>85513273
They're just a bunch of pinheads.
>>
>>85516856
You don't think it's a little bit odd that the test is open to anyone to take, but only humans have passed it? And the first one to pass it, the one who raised it from the sea and built a city around it, is the patron deity of humanity? And that patron deity has a history of surreptitiously tinkering with immensely powerful magical artifacts for his own benefit? I think he's rigged the test.
>>
>>85517125
Rigged it so only shitty people pass, maybe. Just look at Iomedae - not only has she achieved less for the forces of Good than the average empyreal, she's done basically nothing for humanity despite branding herself as the Inheritor of Aroden. Hell, the Whispering Tyrant gets more mileage out of Aroden's old junk than she can.
>>
Is there anything I can do to bump up my animal companion's CMB outside of feats? Wrap +5 brawling handwraps around it's body?
>>
>>85517528
ask your DM if it can wield weapons and if he's a fun DM then he'll say yes
>>
>>85517562
What weapons could a wolf feasibly use? Well, other than a greatsword.
>>
Gen Con tomorrow, and Paizo's confirmed they're announcing the next playtest. Any final guesses?

I'm hoping for Inquisitor and expecting Shaman.
>>
File: 1w4qa5lih1331.jpg (142 KB, 1214x933)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>85517590
Dagger seems like a safe choice.
>>
>>85517638
Expecting Kineticist and a terrible archetype version of Inquisitor with Manipulate tags on all actions, not just spells.
>>
>>85517782
Too small, might swallow it by accident
>>
File: 1658955274415658.png (688 KB, 600x723)
688 KB
688 KB PNG
I'd rather play 4e than 5e and I'd rather play PF than either but Golarion is such a fucking stupid setting. How do you guys tolerate the lore?
>>
>>85517884
>how do you guys tolerate the lore?
By never using the "official" lore of any setting and just using my own setting
>>
>>85517884
Cherry pick the parts I like and toss the stuff I don't into the garbage mostly.
>>
>>85517884
>not playing PF with any setting, homebrew or otherwise
desu the only "lore" my group ever entertains is that the deities and religions exist.
>>
>>85513643
Attic Whisperer is among my favorites, right next to the Lovelorn and the Unrisen.
Huge potential to create an interesting horror encounters for all three of them.
>>
File: 1657501183077.png (79 KB, 170x260)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>85517903
I do that too but there genuinely isn't anything about Golarion I like, and the more I read into it the less I like it.

I mean initially I was drawn to to the setting because of Pharasma. I was very fond of the Raven Queen because D&D needed an actual god of death, a neutral entity who guards the souls of the departed. The kind of figure you see in real mythologies. Not some evil asshole who resurrects the dead, which is the opposite of what they're supposed to do.

And then I thought having a deified Joan of Arc as the Pelor stand-in was great too. But then I look into the stupid map which is simultaneously more derivative and anachronistic and so much messier than WFB's even. Like you've got not-Vikings and not-Nazi Germany and not-Transylvania and /r_atheism: the country. Then you read about the psychic fish from outer space and this Aroden guy just up and leaving without there even being any fluff speculating as to why or how. It's interesting to think about the Dwemer vanishing because there are breadcrumbs in the ES lore we can use to draw our own conclusions. But with Pathfinder it's like "oh one day the most important god went away and all his followers killed themselves and no one's got a clue what happened the end". Like come on.
>>
>>85518046
Oh and by the time I got to Pathfinder: 40,000 I was done.
>>
>>85517884
Just chill out bro it's not a big deal.
>>
>>85517884
I like Golarion and buy the books just for the lore. I've never played Pathfinder.
>>
When playing 2E with FA, if you have no decent archetype feat for your new/next level AND a decent DEX, is it a no-brainer to take Acrobat? Free Acrobatics progression seems good if you have nothing else you want to take.
>>
>>85518186
probably depends entirely on how much you and your DM use acrobatics, since if you're never rolling with it, you're getting anything out of it, which is basically as worthless as taking another archetype to get some utility feats
>>
>>85513273
Based amd bdsmpilled.
>>
>>85517884
I file the serial numbers off, ignore rarity on everything but CRB spells, allow deities to be reflavored and ignore or avoid focusing on as many of them as possible, and use weeb art for my tokens.
>>
File: broodmother-pathfinder.jpg (167 KB, 517x479)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>85513273
>>85513617

The Drakaina is still one of my favorite monsters. I could write a campaign about the implications of her very existence. Maybe free traits/backgrounds based around mutations, with the twist that she was your mother the whole time.

Funny how the aberrations do a better Lamashtu than Lamashtu.
>>
>>85518046
>But with Pathfinder it's like "oh one day the most important god went away and all his followers killed themselves and no one's got a clue what happened the end". Like come on.
It is intentionally left vague for the future storyhook for now. Nigga might not even be dead for real.
>>
File: 1634860265054m.jpg (81 KB, 1024x909)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
Is it just me or is book 3 of Reign of Winter really fucking disappointing? I'm reading it now in advance since my players are about 70% of the way through book 2 and while it has some neat ideas I feel it really drops the ball keeping it interesting

The Maiden, Mother, Crone dungeon is a really neat concept for a dungeon. Three seperate dungeons that have seemless transitions through portal arches into each other so it's hard to keep track of where exactly you are. However other than the statues themselves and the Eon Pit there isn't really anything else exciting in the dungeon(though i will give credit to the trapped staircase. It's pretty cool). The constant reoccurring theme of femininity and the progression through womanhood would be fine if the dungeon was more condensed and there were others things to see but the Arcosa is 70% of the book.

Another thing is all of the npc's suck fat dick except for the dude stuck guarding the hut and the debauchery nymph+demon satyr husband. The main NPC the pc's talk too is annoying as fuck, literally existing to drop random keys for the players to futility try in one of the locked doors around the dungeon. Did I me tion there's a 20% chance the key doesn't fit anything? Again this isn't a bad concept on paper(adding strange keys to the disorienting dungeon could be cool if your players are the immersive type) but the way its handled is so retarded it defeats the purpose. That's not even mentioning her literal tranny wife that she keeps locked in a room that you have a side quest to free, for no reward other than getting said main noc mad at you and blasting your ass with spells from her plot armor ring.

The worst part is that literally nothing that happens here changes the plot in any way, shape, or form. You could literally skip the book by giving your players some exp and not a single story beat missed. It's a shame because I was really digging the campaign but this took the wind out of my sails.
>>
>>85515756
get in line
>>
>>85520015
Such tend to be case with Paizo APs. There is almost always at least one book that is completely unnecessary slog, that if not extremely heavily modified or skipped completely tends to kill your game as suddenly players start to be "busy" during your game days.
I recommend just rewriting the whole thing and just taking interesting parts while skipping the rest.
>>
>>85520104
I'd like to think that it's the reason for why Paizo only releases a 3-part Adventure Paths for 2e, since most of the 1e adventures could be condensed into essentially three books if you skipped all of the needless encounters that add nothing to the story, and most of the time don't even provide any worthwhile rewards to the players.
>>
>>85511012
Falchion is the best melee weapon, nodachi if you're a weeb. Orc hornbow is just longbow+ and as such is the best ranged weapon.
>>
>>85519070
>tfw will never bear mommy Drakaina's children
>>
>>85520158
They did drop number of books, but still have that tendency to include that boring ass slog in every AP
>>
>>85511843
According to lore the one tribe that actually can forge weapons stole the knowledge from dwarves
>>
>>85519070
I've always wanted to run that monster becuase of all the grotesque minions you can give it. Sadly if I ever somehow got a game going that called for a CR 25/ MR 10 I'm afraid the players would think i was inserting fetishes
>>
Quick paste your favorite 2e class and your favorite rapper.

Rogue
Ludacris
>>
>>85521518
Fighter
Mori Calliope
>>
>>85521161
>According to lore the one tribe that actually can forge weapons stole the knowledge from dwarves
Smells like a Dorf propaganda.
>>
Has the Kingmaker update pdf been released yet?
>>
>>85521832
Not that I've seen
>>
2e

How good is the Abomination Vaults AP? Is it worth running?
>>
File: folca.png (158 KB, 377x243)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>>85513273
God's name is Folca
>Areas of Concern Abduction, strangers, sweets
>Domains Charm, Evil, Travel, Trickery
>Subdomains Daemon, Deception, Exploration, Lust
>Symbol Skeletal handful of sweets
>Sacred Animal(s) Black stork
>>
>>85521518
Never played 2e, but Tom Macdonald is fire
>>
>>85521518
Champion
Tupac
>>
>>85522010
That's some IT level shit there
>>
1e
a while ago I gave one of my players the Crown of Swords and recently got stumped by how to interpret it's powers.

>When struck in combat, the wearer may spend one use as an immediate action to create a longsword-shaped spiritual weapon that then attacks her attacker. On the wearer’s next turn, she may spend one additional use each round to continue attacking that target with the spiritual weapon; the spiritual weapon cannot be redirected and disappears if the target is killed or moves out of range.

The wearer was struck by a CL3 Magic Missile at 80ft range as he was charging a guard post. The player wanted to trigger Crown of Swords as immediate action in response to that.

At the time, I didn't let him because I interpreted 'struck in combat' as a melee attack. I got a bit more sleep since than and reviewing the session. Technically combat was ongoing. The character was definitely struck (for 9 damage). Did I screw that up? Are there any rules to clarify this or any other effects with similar wording that add more details?

In fact, going further with this - we all previously read that crown's rules as in 'a strike that deals damage', however if one was to be literal - 'struck' is not 'damaged'. Should I also let him activate it any time someone misses him but 'strikes' his touch AC?
>>
>>85521811
Not really. Orcs like quality kit, and few races make quality kit like dwarves.
>>
>>85522071
Any hit counts for activation including spells or AoE effects.
Also "if the wearer is attacked in subsequent rounds" clarifies that the wearer does not even need to be actually hit, just being attacked is enough.
>>
>>85522553
>>85522071
I've been looking for similar wording. Found these

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm
>A weapon of disruption is the bane of all undead. Any undead creature struck in combat must succeed on a DC 14 Will save or be destroyed. A weapon of disruption must be a bludgeoning weapon. (If you roll this property randomly for a piercing or slashing weapon, reroll.)

https://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fn#v5748eaic9nih
>Holy Vindicator: Thise class has an ability that gives him a sacred bonus to AC until "struck in combat." Does a touch attack count as being "struck"? What about a spell like magic missile or fireball?
>The ability lasts until an opponent makes a successful attack roll against the vindicator's Armor Class.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/daemons/daemon-temerdaemon/
>A creature struck in combat by a temerdaemon’s melee attacks must succeed at a DC 23 Will save or be confused for 1 round. The durations from multiple strikes and failed saving throws stack. This is a mind-affecting effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.

consistently seems like 'struck in combat' in the system is interpreted as 'successful attack roll'
>>
>>85521518
Fighter
Zaywop
>>
>>85522010
You forgot:
>Favored Weapon: Net
And the best part:
>Sacred Obedience: Stalk a child and make him witness or endure a horrifically brutal event. Promise him that you will return, and then release him with that haunting thought.
>>
>>85521518
Psychic
MF DOOM
>>
>>85520158
>only releases 3-parters for 2e

What are Age of Ashes, Extinction Curse, Agents of Edgewatch, Strength of Thousands, and Blood Lords, then?
>>
>>85521531
Jesus Jesus Japanesus
>>
>>85521986
Anyone?
>>
>>85524061
I hear that balance is fucked up or something, but considering that is pretty much only complain I hear I guess it is a decent Paizo creation.
>>
>>85521986
It’s by far the best selling 2e module. If you like megadungeons, you’ll like it.
>>
>>85523031
>Promise him that you will return, and then release him with that haunting thought.
All I can imagine is the Cutlass Man who scared Woolie Madden as a child
>>
Gen Con stream is live.
>>
>>85521531
>die
>pharasma judges me as not black, male or hood enough
>get sent directly to abaddon
>>
>>85521518
Monk
Andre 3000
>>
>>85524769
respectable
>>
>>85524654
Starfinder half of the keynote just wrapped, with the announcement of Ports of Call (the next rulebook) and Scoured Stars (the next AP, dropping as a collected single-book hardcover).
>>
>>85525023
>Ports of Call
Did they say anything more about it?
>>
>>85525051
They showed off a Golarion-themed theme park.
>>
>>85525056
I wonder how that works with the Gap and all.
Or do they just focus on pre-Gab golarion stuff?
>>
>>85525083
Seemed to all be from the PF era - there was an Abrogail Thrune costume actress.
>>
>>85525093
well, that's weird
>>
WHERE DO I GO TO TORRENT PATHFINDER 2E BOOKS
>>
>>85525195
Google the trove, dummy. There's a subreddit with a torrent link.
>>
>>85525195
You should buy them, cheapskate
>>
>>85525056
>They showed off a Golarion-themed theme park.
äny sceenshots?
>>
Rage of Elements - next rulebook
>>
>>85524654
New 11-20 PF2 AP about the Harrow deck called Stolen Fate. New adventure called The Enmity Cycle, set in Thuvia. Rage of Elements is the next rulebook, with one class - the Kineticist.
>>
>>85525326
Only one new class in playtest - the kineticist
>>
>>85525349
Should have done the shaman along side it
>>
>>85526397
Agreed. One class a year sucks.
>>
Bros I'm thinking about buying 2e. How pozzed is it? I remember some uproar on release.
>>
>>85526453
It doesn't treat the inhabitants of Fantasy Africa as savage cannibals shitting in the dirt and acknowledges that without Abrahamic religions, there's not much cultural cause for homophobia - so according to the standards of this place, it's a radical BLM antifa text on par with Mao's Little Red Book.
>>
>>85526453
>not ignoring the pozzed bits of lore and simply enjoying the game
>>
>>85526453
only as "pozzed" as you make it, retard, it's a game that you're in 100% control of in all aspects and you can literally change whatever you want
>>
>>85526488
>Fantasy Africa as savage cannibals shitting in the dirt
Do they shit in their rivers and water sources like Pajeets, or did they finally invent the proto-loo?
>>
>>85526499
>just buy a shit gaem cos yo can make it all up in dey head
>>
>>85526488
>Abrahamic religions, there's not much cultural cause for homophobia
What do jew gods have to do with valuing procreation? I can see individuals being bi, like the good old days of Rome where a hole is a hole, but I don't see how strict homosex would ever be valued at the same level as straight sex.
>>
>>85526627
>not buying the game for the ruleset
I've never played 2e, but you seem to be intentionally acting retarded
>>
>>85526627
>playing pf2e for the lore
do people actually do this?
>>
>>85526722
Me. Golarion's fun.
>>
>>85526488
It's not 2010 anymore anon, it's time to hang up that fedora and leave it behind. The idea that homophobia was a unique invention of Abrahamic religion that was then retroactively exported to the rest of the world only shows your own subtle cultural imperialism in how you deny other peoples agency and have no respect for their competence or ability to take responsibility for their own actions.
>>
>>85526722
>playing PF for the lore
I bet that anon would pretend 1e never had slavery too
>>
>>85526453
>>85526488
Please, it goes from "look at these street-shitting cannibals" to "look at these stunning and brave street-shitting cannibals".
>>
>>85526453
paizo is probably the most pozzed company in tabletop. they are hardcore man hating feminists, look up the former employee "jessica price". the capital city of the setting is literally named after jewish mythology, "absalom". they removed the term "race" from the game. they removed slavery from the game. they removed all sexiness and awesomeness from the art. they created a city of university enrolled africans after BLM happened. the company is headquartered just outside of portland, oregon. The community is saturated with literal transexuals, homsexuals, feminists and other alphabet people and they impregnate the lore of the game with their politics.

that all said, i play the game, but i just steal all their content to avoid giving paizo money, and play in my own hybrid setting to avoid the pozzed shit, and have my own group of based friends to avoid the faggot community. i find my own art and use it in my games. you can get all the rules for free. and there are also free tools for building characters. Additionally, it is hilarious to troll the fuck out of the alphabet people in this thread art of bikini/leotard/boobplate armor. they literally cannot stand looking at beautiful people. i suspect, judging from the way paizo people on youtube look, it is because it reminds them of their own physical and sexual repulsiveness.

The rules themselves are good. They are more complex and the encounters are more challenging in this game than in DND. and the large number of classes are fun.
>>
>>85526821
>jewish mythology
you're literally talking about the Bible lmao
>>
>>85526821
>they created a city of university enrolled africans after BLM happened

The Magaambya has been part of the lore since the early days of PF1, dummy. Actually read the books you're complaining about.

>the company is headquartered just outside of portland, oregon
Redmond, WA is on the opposite side of the state from the border with Oregon. Are you retarded?
>>
>>85526890
>Redmond, WA is on the opposite side of the state from the border with Orego
ah good call i must have been confusing them with some other faggot company.
>>
>>85526890
>implying Redmond is any better
>>
>>85526992
WotC is in the next city over from them.

Trying to be an internet culture warrior has rotted your brain.
>>
>>85526870
a dead jew on a stick yeah
>>
File: HaidtTable.jpg (312 KB, 1462x1073)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>85526656
leftwing people believe that hatred of homosexuality comes from religion, instead of from evolutionary psychology. our brains have evolved morality circuits to help us live in groups with each other, which includes preventing the spread of disease.
>>
>>85527095
how come people cite religion for their hatred of homosexual people, and how come more non-religious people tend to be far more accepting towards homosexual people?
>>
>>85527142
because religion is derived from evolutionary psychology as well, as per the image. you should look into it, its actually a fascinating subject. psychology in general is amazing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_foundations_theory#The_main_five_foundations
>>
>>85526656
>>85527095
Leave the Abrahamic cultural sphere behind and you find plenty of homosexuality and other queerness. The Mediterranean has always been a hub of butt stuff. Sappho existed. There's Egyptian accounts of homosexual men. China and Japan both have documented gay men going back centuries, including royalty.

There's also plenty of "third genders" in places that aren't Abrahamic: Native American two-spirits, Indian hijra, Zapotec muxe, and so on. Go further back to the crossdressing, self-castrating priests of Cybele or the hermaphroditic deity Hermaphrodite, with breasts and a penis.
>>
>>85527181
sure, so it's just the next step in "evolution" to just accept gay people, considering people are moving off the more primitive mindset that homosexuality is bad
>>
>>85521986
Book 1 felt more like a monster zoo than a megadungeon. It's decent if you rewrite the factions in the dungeons to be more prevalent but coming off of running Anomalous Subsurface Environment it just fell flat for me.
>>
>>85527219
that is not how evolution works, anon. the prevention of disease is hardwired into our brains. our brains tell us, "dont eat that", "dont touch that," "dont put your dick in that" to stop the spread of diseases. i want you to goto the CDC website and look at the percentage of STDs that are spread by homosexuals. last time i checked it was about 85%+ despite homosexuals being ~2% of the population. right now, as we speak, multiple states have declared a monkey pox emergency because homosexuals are 95%+ of the spreaders and they literally refuse to stop having giant orgies with 40+ strangers every weekend.

that is why we evolved this aspect of morality.
>>
>>85527359
>look at the percentage of STDs that are spread by homosexuals.
A reminder faggots are the responsible for spreading monkeypox
>>
>>85527095
Don't even need to get into the disease aspect. In a pre-industrial society your children are your retirement plan and an expected labour source to keep your community sustainable. A non-reproducing individual is a net drain on resources should they grow incompetent for whatever reason which cannot be tolerated in a subsistance situation.
>>85527194
The point is not about whether homosexuality existed, because obviously it did, even in Abrahamic cultures, but whether they were discriminated against. You need only look at various Islamic countries in the Middle-East who will be throwing gays from rooftops one afternoon followed by supporting a thriving market of boy-prostitutes for adult men the next.
Which they were. In the mediterranean Plato and Socrates wrote (or Plato-as-Socrates) a number of passages condemning homosexual intercourse, and despite the practice of pederasty that people like to reference it was still considered humiliating and socially unacceptable to bottom as a grown man throughout most of the region's pre-Christian history.
China and Japan consider homosexuality as a sort of growing-pain for puberty, it's something you play with as a teen then "grow out" of and marry and have kids like a normal person - and China certainly isn't holding the torch today in terms of LGB human rights in spite of its lack of Abrahamic influence.
Two-spirits are a meme, invented near wholecloth by trans activists as a banner to wave.
>>
File: popcorn.jpg (33 KB, 720x540)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
1e
Besides oracle dip and that one magic belt, how would a non-human barbarian rage cycle?
>>
Why are you people like this? Go back to where you came from.
>>
>>85527414
Be undead or construct
>>
File: kobold monk.jpg (343 KB, 1448x2048)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>>85527444
What, you want to talk about the actual game or something? I'd rather not. I've been trying to put together a Kobold Oracle into Dragon Disciple using the Scaled Disciple feat. It's just depressing. Got the character fluff and backround all sorted but but the mechanics are fucked. The whole thing isn't so obviously shit that I'd stop wasting my time and move on, but so many aspects of it come with so many issues, small and large alike, that are just obnoxious to deal with and try to work around.
>>
>>85527463
Wouldn't that defeat the point though, since rage is a morale bonus?
>>
>>85521518
my favorite character I ever played was an investigator with alchemist dedication so I guess investigator
aesop rock
>>85521986
in my experience with three of the 2e APs, AV is the only good one
agents of edgewatch is absolutely terrible
fists of the ruby phoenix is pretty bad
but AV is great. even with a DM that ran it very straight out of the books and I was not even aware that it had the groundwork for factions, I still had a good time because megadungeons are always fun
>>
>>85527487
>in my experience with three of the 2e APs, AV is the only good one
Strength of Thousands and Quest for the Frozen Flame are both a lot of fun, IMO.
>>
>>85527475
>tfw I dream of playing a str Chad kobold fighter but the racial stats are abysmal
>tfw my unicorn build is an Oozemorph that doesn't suck while in its natural blob form, which is probably impossible outside of gestalt rules and likely underpowered in such a game
>>
>>85527509
>>tfw I dream of playing a str Chad kobold fighter but the racial stats are abysmal
Wyvarans, the Medium-sized Kobolds that have wings from their Drake crossbreeding, are supposed to live in the Impossible Lands. They might become playing in the book for the region.
>>
>>85527477
Point of rage cycling is to spam those "once per rage" abilities. And you can still rage without getting that STR boost.
>>
>>85527526
>Wyvarans
That's cheating though. I want my clever, cowardly, tunnel-dwelling, dragon wannabe, short fuck knight to be underestimated by everyone who thinks kobolds are pushovers and lives to be the exception. Might even give it the personality of a Skaven from 40k for shits and giggles
>>
>>85527359
that's not really much of an issue though when the right precautions are taken, like PrEP/condoms/just basic safety stuff, which is a good reason to have better sex ed
>>
>>85510977
How do I get a gf who is into Pathfinder?
>>
>>85527704
You make one.
Get a normal GF, and then include her into your games.
>>
>>85527704
Date trans women or fat girls. Be comfortable with autism.
>>
>>85527704
Make your pathfinder bf wear skirts. All male pathfinder players are weak to this approach.
>>
>>85527730
Seems difficult
>>85527735
>>85527736
How do I avoid becoming the gf while trying to make the gf?
>>
>>85527797
Being a trans lesbian is fun, anon.
>>
>>85527797
You must resist buying two skirts. Or stop playing pathfinder. I think GMing pathfinder might be safe but no guarantee there.
>>
>>85527810
No, I can't do that.
>>85527813
>tfw I already have two skirts
Oh fuck
>>
>>85527810
transbians aren't tru trans they're just predators
the only real trans women are the ones that want to date me
>>
>>85527826
It is too late. You now must become the PFGF
>>
>>85527847
If you're repulsed enough with masculinity to abandon being a man, you're repulsed enough to not want to fuck a man. They don't want you.
>>
>>85527858
that's not what my trans gf thinks ^w^
>>
>>85527853
No, I can't be the gf. What would my friends and family think? What do I even do if getting married and having kids isn't an option for the future? What if my group kicks me?
>>
File: Merlokrep kobold king.jpg (45 KB, 600x928)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>85527475
Off the top of my head: While scaled disciple lets you progress your spellcasting that's about all it does. It doesn't make your oracle levels count towards your effective bloodline level or vice-versa. At level 20 you would have the abilities of a level 10 sorcerer and level 10 oracle so the scaling on your abilities, such as your breath weapon, is fucked.
Even that would be acceptable were it not for the fact that your dragon bloodline abilities and dragon oracle revelations - because let's be real here why the fuck are you not picking dragon mystery? - are redundant. As in they do the exact same things and do not stack. The ones that don't, such as the dragon magic revelation, are overbalanced as fuck. One wizard spell as an SLA that's at least 2 levels below the highest spell level you can cast, or 2 SLA's that are 3 or more levels lower? What the actual fuck is this Paizo? Clearly broken, obviously I should go for much more balanced examples like taking the spirit guide archetype to prepare my CHR mod in wizard spells every day, or maybe I should go half-elf and pick up paragon surge + emergency attunement to just pull any cleric spell I want out my ass at a moment's notice. 1 or 2 SLA's, though? On a PC? Busted.
But wait: scaled disciple also says you get to add any bloodline spells you would learn to your oracle spells known. Surely that's why the power level is different? Except it's the exact same fucking thing as the revelations vs sorcerer abilities - the dragon bloodline and dragon mystery bonus spell lists are basically the fucking same until you get to the higher level ones. Which you will not get because as previously mentioned your effective levels do not stack, so all that line about adding to your spells known gets you is mage armour. Whoop-de-fucking doo, I suppose it's nice enough given I was going to dip monk for CHR to AC but it's not like I wouldn't have had it on a wand by that point anyways.
>>
>>85527904
you can join my group
>>
Why are you rolepaying a pinkpiller? This isn't the kind of RP this thread's about.

Anyways, anyone have 2e houserules they swear by?
>>
>>85527509
I will always be impressed with how shitty Oozemorph is. You could set out to write the worst class in PF and still somehow end up writing something better than Oozemorph.
>>
>>85527924
I like my group and don't want to leave tho
>>
>>85527957
die size increases are more fun in the regular dnd style (1d8 -> 2d4 -> 1d10 -> 1d12 -> 2d6 -> 2d8 -> 2d10) and it allows for more fun with scatter and other fun properties
>>
>>85527964
Oozemorph rat rapist is OP though.
Ratfolk+Tunnel Rat feat+Oozemopth Compression and you can violate any vulnereable hole in enemy defenses.
>>
>>85527957
What about 1e house rules? In 1e we let animal companions and other similar class features act on the same turn as the character and handwave the whole "handle animal" aspect within combat. Tricks and handle animal checks are still a thing outside of combat, but it's just easier and more streamlined to assume a character and their class feature "pet" have enough familiarity to work in tandem. Animals that are not class features are still bound by RaW handle animal rules at all times.
>>
>>85528027
What kind of combat maneuver is that? Does the target just take swarm damage once entry has been achieved?
>>
>>85527920
Then there's the dragon disciple itself. Clearly the prestige class wants you to gish it given it's BAB and physical ability score improvements, but if you try to do it with sorcerer levels your BAB gets fucked to the point that's not feasible, leaving you just an uncommonly chunky fullcaster, and bloodrager also means fucking your BAB and spellcasting to the point it would be better to just run pure bloodrager. Scaled disciple oracle proposes to fix this but you run into the issues I described in my previous comment.
2+INT skill ranks on a class that has no reason to invest in intelligence and plenty of skills that demand attention. Fuck you Paizo this is not acceptable design and my skill addiction can't take it.
You're also dropping 3 levels of spellcasting, which amounts to a 4 (!) feat tax for favoured prestige class & all 3 levels of prestigious spellcaster to compensate. You do get 3 bonus feats though so I'm willing to do the mental gymnastics necessary to claim it works out at only a 1 feat cost, but still.
Dragon's bite is worthless because all the limited-round natural arrack abilities are worthless. My entire thing is about turning into a dragon here, why isn't this at-will? Dragon Form is a fucking insult because for whatever reason you end up with Form of the Dragon 2 twice a day for maxing out the prestige class, not Form of the Dragon 3. So you get to commiserate with the shifter in how you've built so heavily into a single concept only for any old jobber of a wizard to outclass you at it once they hit the next level of spells. Good job, feels great that my build-defining final form is a horse-sized dragon with middling stats and a breath weapon that's arguably weaker than the one I can do normally.
>>85527964
From what I remember Paizo actually deliberately made the oozemorph shit for some reason.
>>
>>85528091
I would guess it is a grapple or something.
>>
>>85527957
>Anyways, anyone have 2e houserules they swear by?
I have a few. First one is giving Wizard simple weapon proficiency like every other caster. I don't know why Paizo decided that Wizards in particular (and nobody else) had to be ridiculously incompetent with weapons.
Second one is making it so that aligned attacks deal half damage to anyone Neutral on that particular axis (so an LN character still takes no Law damage and full Chaos damage, but also takes half Good and Evil damage).
Third one is changing how alignment is determined for alignment dependant Divine spells like Divine Lance. Clerics use their god's alignment as normal; Oracles and Sorcerers use their own alignment instead; Witches use either their Patron's alignment or their own alignment (depends on the Patron wanting to be sneaky or not) and Summoners use their Eidolon's alignment. Archetype divine casters (like Red Mantis Assassin, or Cascade Bearer Magaambyan Attendant) are determined on a case by case basis.
One final one I've been considering is Reach weapons having a -2 penalty at hitting adjacent people (basically a melee version of Volley), since Reach weapons just being double range weapons without any downside feels a bit odd.
>>
>>85528091
>>85528151
>implying a forceful rear entry isn't obviously a dirty trick
>>
>>85528091
Squeezing is Escape Artist roll.
>>
>>85528193
What if Reach weapons can be disarmed from their reach, and take a -5 penalty to the check?
>>
>>85528142
>From what I remember Paizo actually deliberately made the oozemorph shit for some reason.
The designer on it was extremely particular about the workings of the class, like the fact that you're absolutely helpless as a slime, or that you can't avoid the transformation in any way. At this point, I think the whole thing is that dude shitting out his forced slime transformation fetish all over a page.
>>
>>85528257
>tfw I think my group might think I have a slime fetish because I've obsessed over finding a way to make the class work
>>
>>85528257
Did he manage to shit over Oozemorph using magic tattoos in ooze form?
>>
>>85527964
>A martial class that somehow becomes even more useless than the party Wizard when an Antimagic Field pops up
It's a true masterpiece.
>>
>>85528193
Reach weapons already have a downside though. They are already balances around doing less damage or trading off other traits. I understand that reach is probably just the best trait but that doesn't mean no other weapons compete with reach weapons for a variety of reasons. Flails are more broken and over used than reach weapons just do to the crit specialization.
>>
>>85528229
NTAYRT, but Disarm being strong turns the game into a series of butterfingers moments and keepaway. It also doesn't apply to reach unarmed attacks, like Deer barbarians and Enlarged creatures. I like the idea of Volley for melee weapons, I'd be curious to see how it pans out.

>>85528436
Flail/Hammer spec does need a nerf, but Reach being worth a single die size/trait still seems undercosted.
>>
>>85526453
It's fairly pozzed but honestly no more than anything else popular these days. The system is good and as long as you are playing with normal people it's not a big deal to change shit in the APs so it's less gay. Honestly if you make up your own shit the only thing you have to ignore is where it says pronouns on the character sheet rather than sex or just male/female.
Honestly it feels like the people who design the game and the world don't give a shit but don't want to piss off Twitter trannies.
>>
>>85528447
It's worth more than that I feel. They are all almost exclusively two handed, that's a pretty big downside imo, and most are missing any other useful traits. If you needed guisarme specifically it's the only one I'd considered OP. Though I feel like it's just in flick mace territory where the only people that take it are meta gamers anyway and that doesn't bother me much. I have player at my table that loves min maxing and he's not terribly stronger than anyone else at the table.
>>
I'm running Abomination Vaults for a group of five players and I'm wondering if I should scale up the encounters per the balancing rules in the CRB, OR if I should just leave them be. Is Abomination Vaults tough enough for 5 players without balancing?

They went through level 1 already and when I balanced the fights for five players they had a really rough time with even a Low encounter, but they breezed through when I left a couple of moderate encounters alone
>>
>>85528555
I just leave shit as is for 5 players but I've never done abomination vaults. If your group is really wanting a challenge then you can adjust it but if they aren't particularly looking for difficulty it's probably close enough unless everyone is min maxed. If they are all min maxed they probably want it to be more difficult anyway.
>>
>>85528555
ngl, the models not being centered in a square is triggering me.
that dog is pissing me off.
I need help.
>>
>>85514660
Ranger is just worse slayer, why not play that? If you're hell bent on it you need to ask the GM which enemy types will be prevalent and take favored enemy with those, them prepare instant enemy in every 3rd level slot once you get there. Archery is the best here, take precise shot with combat style so you can skip prereqs. Ranger bond kind of sucks, your best option is probably a wolf and it does not synergize with archery at all since it will trip people, so just use it to set up melees while you snipe important targets.
>>
Hey why doesn't any optimization guide ever mention giving protector familiars benevolent armor? Am I insane and just missing something or does that seem really good on magi and bloodragers? I know protectors are already worth their weight in gold by effectively doubling your health bar, but getting +1 benevolent barding for the familiar and having the cleric cast magic vestment on it to keep the AC bonus scaling seems so easy and cheap.
>>
>>85527477
Actually, it's from an obscure as fuck source, but undead barbarians got a nasty loophole that lets them take advantage of rage:

https://www.aonprd.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Vampire%20Savage

Undead Barbarian An undead creature with the ability to enter a rage gains the morale bonuses from rage despite being immune to morale effects. The bonus to Constitution from the rage applies to an undead creature’s Charisma instead.
>>
>>85528838
Mostly because:
A: It is expensive
B: It is a bit of grey area and many DMs really hate putting real equipment on your familiars
>>
>>85528885
That's actually really cool. Might have to use that in an upcoming campaign where we can play undead PCs
>>
>>85527414
Cracked Scarlet and Green Cabochon Ioun Stone + Internal Fortitude rage power
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/h-l/ioun-stones/scarlet-and-green-cabochon
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/rage-powers/paizo-rage-powers/internal-fortitude-ex
>>
How do I git gud at summoner in pf2e? Am I missing something that makes eidolons actually good?
>>
>>85528526
The halberd, ranseur, boarding pike, and guisarme (d10, reach + extra) all pay a single dice size for Reach, relative to the greatsword, greataxe, and maul (d12, extra). The die size/feature "points" system (based off simple/martial/advanced and handedness) has a fair number of exceptions and edge cases, but in general its a pretty consistent balance framework. The problem is that the system rates Grapple and Trip the same as Disarm, Shove, and Versatile, and gets even more askew by the rather imbalanced critical specializations.

At my table, flails stupefy and hammers enfeeble with their critical specialization, which tamps down on some of the flickmace/meteor hammer centralization among martials. I'd also like to make swords more compelling in their crit spec, because they definitely have one of the weaker ones, but I haven't found a good solution.
>>
>>85529246
You're a somewhat low-feature Martial stapled to a somewhat low-feature Caster. Your "martial damage amp" a la Fighter Accuracy, Rage, Hunt Prey, Panache, or Flurry is being effectively permanently quickened by being able to do turns like Strike Strike Cantrip. Since your action economy is how you get access to this amp, you need to do everything you can to avoid having to waste actions moving around; this makes plant eidolon one of the better ones, as it has easier access to a huge reach.
>>
>>85528970
If nothing else, play around with the idea of playing an undaed anti-paladin with VMC rage. the saves will be out of the roof!
>>
>>85529619
>as it has easier access to a huge reach
How is that? Just a summoner feat?
>>
>>85529776
Plant Eidolons start with effective 10 foot reach (on their turn) via Tendril Strike. At 7th level they get passive Reach from their Symbiosis Ability, making their normal strikes 10-foot and Tendril Strike 15-foot reach. The feats Hulking Size at 8th and Towering Size at 12th also provide increased reach, but those are available to everyone, and Towering Size starts to pose logistical issues with lugging around a Huge creature in many battlemaps.
>>
For a barbarian with an animal companion, is the Ferocious Beast line of rage powers worth the extra rounds of rage vs the Contagious Rage power?
>>
>>85529246
>>85529619
>>85529776

Tandem Move at character level 4th is 100% mandatory for all summoners. It might as well have been a class feature.

The plant eidolon is probably the best option. Its reach benefits are quite nice. The primal spell list is fairly good for a bounded spellcaster: Electric Arc as a cantrip, Sudden Bolt at spell level 2nd, Fireball and Lightning Bolt at spell level 3rd, Wall of Ice and Wall of Stone at spell level 5th, Heal at all spell levels, and so on.

Try to pick up both Eidolon's Opportunity and Eidolon's Wrath by character level 8th.
>>
>>85530722
>>85529855
Any good archetypes if I'm running FA pf2e?
>>
Are there any podcasts that go through 3.PF and their many splatbooks like Roll for Initiative for 1e and THAC0's Hammer for 2e?

I'm looking for something different for my commute.
>>
>>85530736

The usual.

Blessed One Dedication is as good as ever, though it becomes less important once you acquire Eidolon's Wrath, likely at 8th level.

Rogue Dedication lets you pick up Mobility and/or Nimble Dodge.

Cleric Dedication or Eldritch Researcher Dedication can pave the way to noncombat utility focus spells like Practice Makes Perfect, Word of Truth, and Oathkeeper's Insignia.

Pathfinder Agent Dedication is solid for general skill competency.
>>
Dancing, Item Level 13
https://2e.aonprd.com/Equipment.aspx?ID=293
2,700 gp

>Each round, when the weapon is finished using its actions, attempt a DC 6 flat check. On a failure, the activation ends and the weapon falls to the ground. You can’t activate the item again for 10 minutes.

GOD DAMNIT PAIZO!! Nothing can ever be just good, it always has to have a small shit part to it.
>>
1e Question: A friend is a Stargazer and gets this cleric domain. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/domains/paizo-domains/void-domain/stars/

However, they are a spontaneous caster. The PRC specifies, "If he isn’t a cleric, the subdomain’s spells are added to his class spell list (if necessary) and to his spells known, spellbook, familiar, or similar source. Spells added this way may be cast only once per day, unless using the stars are right ability. He can use the stars are right ability regardless of his spellcasting class."
So they can freely use these domain spells if the stars are out but once a day otherwise, correct?
>>
>>85526821
>they created a city of university enrolled africans after BLM happened
Do you enjoy being cucked
>>
>>85526821
>i just steal all their content
How do you steal something that's available online for free?
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/
https://2e.aonprd.com/
>>
>>85532181
You think someone who talks about how pozzed something is is even slightly familiar with the subject?
>>
>>85532275
political concern trolls typically don't actually know anything about the hobby they're crying about, they just show up in the discussion pretending to have any authority, and then they disappear
>>
>>85510977
Do most of you guys play/dm adventure paths or "original" stories in pathfinder? Seems like unlike dnd you rarely hear stories about people playing campaigns outside of adventures.
Then again, adventure paths were a prime selling point for pathfinder for many years compared to dnd, which might warp my perception.
>>
>>85532347
AFAIK, my group has never done anything other than homebrew adventures. Ours tend to be driven by our character's motivations and backstories, which is cool. That being said, I kind of wish we could get a long campaign with a big bad doing things that our characters have to react to, rather than simply furthering personal goals that loosely tie in to an overarching group goal
>>
>>85532294
Lets not beat about the bush here. The ttrpg industry is more pozzed than hollywood but that guy was just a retard.
>>
Im actually quite happy that paizo are only releasing just the kineticist for the next book. It seems like they have realised how much class bloat was happening and stopped. It also means that the class gets quite alot of focus on its design and doesnt become the mess, the apg classes became.
>>
>>85532935

The kineticist playtest is coming this Monday, supposedly.

Is it going to be unfair to compare the Paizo kineticist to the Legendary Games kineticist? I think that the latter is reasonably well made and strikes a good balance point, so I am not inclined to be lenient towards the Paizo kineticist.
>>
File: Yoon.jpg (210 KB, 808x1000)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>85532935
>kineticist
Any chance we get a new Iconic?
>>
>>85532935
They should have done shaman together with the kineticist and then the inquisitor solo before adding more depth to the classes.
>>
>>85533002
No we got her aged 7 years I bet they'll make her gay
>>
>>85532976
I think its fair to compare. Paizo are the designers of the game with a staff that's "supposedly" filled with the best designers for pf2e. I think the legendary version was ok but it seemed very focused on combat and lost alot of utility it had in 1e.
>>
>>85533002
Shes not a loli anymore
>>
File: 1598864393864.jpg (385 KB, 590x791)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
>>85533024
>Paizo
>the best designers for pf2e
>>
>>85533008
I guess they could of? but i will note that the book isnt about "nature" per say but about the elemental planes. Maybe we will get inquisitor as the end of the year book for 2023 like we did with guns and gears? We definitely need a big book of religion.
>>
>>85533024
>best designers for pf2e
Considering that half of people (Seifter and Radney) who designed PF2E no longer work for Paizo...
>>
>>85533030
>>85533015
Looking at art I'd never guess it's a girl...
>>
>>85533042
Hey i said "supposed"! Honestly Mark Seifter even with all his autism was the best and most creative designer for 2e. The rest just seem so frightened to make anything slightly overpowered that they become significantly underpowered compared to core. I wish he would stop focusing on gimmicky shit like pokemon battles in pathfinder and actually make that really indepth occult class with the harrow cards he wanted to build.
>>
>>85533061

The kineticist will be a four-man job:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder2e/comments/wg924t/gencon_2022_paizo_keynote_address_with_erik_mona/iiypciw/
>ssalarn
>One of the cool things with the kineticist class is that when the design team started concepting on it, we all built a 5th level character who was our respective version of the kineticist, then sat down to play a session with our coworkers Shay and Sol from the editing department. Jason, Logan, James, and I each revealed our respective takes on the class and then saw what we had in common, where we differed, and what kinds of ideas we all had for what a kineticist is and what it should do (and how that played out at the table).

>The playtest version of the class ended up being something that is very much a combination of the best of all of our ideas with concept and mechanical contributions from every member of the team, fused together, polished, and elevated by the inestimable Logan Bonner.

>>85533083

The one thing I dislike most about the Mark Seifter school of design is "roll to activate your class features, even before actually attacking."
>>
>>85532526
That's pretty cool anon. I've been in a few more module/adventure path based campaigns and have found myself wishing for something more character driven. I think it depends on your GM a lot, some are better than others at just using such stories as a basic framework.
Anyway, makes sense what you said. It's sort of the potential danger of a sandbox campaign, they can often end up being too free roamy and lacking in structure. There's a sweet spot somewhere in the middle.
>>
File: q4dx1hw7fof91.png (116 KB, 1361x675)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
The alchemist is a support class.
>>
File: ofrfrcb9fof91.png (113 KB, 1440x515)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>>85533203
>>
File: bk6oytl9fof91.png (178 KB, 1440x522)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>85533222
>>
File: g0e7n41afof91.png (201 KB, 1298x675)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
>>85533230
>>
>>85533002
>large head
>weird ankles
Does this kid suffer from rickets?
>>
>>85533095
I wouldnt mind the roll to activate shit if the damage amp you got made you ahead of the curve damage wise but it just doesnt. The swashbuckler has to literally in some cases dive through hoops to do less damage than a rogue who just needs to flank.
>>
>>85533095
Yanfei is cute
>>
File: 1637800994958.png (165 KB, 817x607)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
>>85533002
Nope, they just aged her up and gave her a shitty haircut.
>>
I have not played Shadowrun (except videogames), but what do you guys say, would it be easy to adjust a campaign from it to Starfinder?
>>
File: Necropirate.jpg (117 KB, 650x826)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
Is there a way to convert AP from PF2 to PF1? I want to run Abomination Vaults for my group and we've played only pf1. Any tips?
>>
File: las-91214-cyborg2.jpg (478 KB, 1920x2716)
478 KB
478 KB JPG
>>85534761
Hell no.
Shadowrun is Shadowrun, for better or worse.
>>
>>85534765
Eh, should be easy enough. You will need to remake the encounters obviously, rethink loot, and be prepaired if your players use 1e abilities to jump off the rails, but that's nothing you probably would not do anyway when running 1e campaign.
>>
>>85533588
Gosh that pisses me off.
Either go short 'cause fire scorches it off regularly or wild like a fire spreads, not that side-cut garbo.
>>
>>85534803
Are PF2 characters way weaker than is it just me?

Like... a regular core martial level 4 can one turn kill a CR 4 pretty easily. But only in 1e, not 2e.
>>
>>85526656
I don't know if it would enlighten you anon, but there four views about it:
1. It occurs among animals so it should occur in humans
2. It occurs among animals so it shouldn't occur in humans
3. It doesn't occur in animals so it shouldn't in humans
4. It doesn't occur in animals so it should occur in humans
The latter two are based on false premise since homosex as you call it is documented in many animals, but the 4th is still a curious one and might explain it. It wouldn't be unreasonable to view it as purer than heterosex because it involves only attraction, not base biological imperatives. Something like that anyway - though obviously a society where everyone ignores biological imperatives isn't going to last long. I'm sure I read that the Cathars didn't see anything wrong with homosexuality because procreation condemns another soul to hell (i.e. earth) and is therefore at its core an evil act. That didn't stop them from having children though. Hope that gives you some insight into why it could be viewed as better than procreative sex.
>>
File: 74553267_p0.png (762 KB, 890x1000)
762 KB
762 KB PNG
PF2e Ghost archetype.
How would you anons give it a reasonable minor buff, so as to avoid the "literally can't get past an unlocked door until level 6" issue?
>>
>>85534877
>Are PF2 characters way weaker than is it just me?
It is not just you. The PC power levels were dropped across the board with 2e.
>>
>>85534877
Significantly, particularly for casters.
>>
>>85534851

how the fuck do you have the energy to be mad about that in 2022?

also it looks fine.

>>85534877

>different games are different????

but for real 2e is generally a tougher game than 1e. in 2e you can't just stack bonuses to overcome challenges which can lead to characters feeling weaker if that's what players are used to.
>>
>>85534877
I heard it compared that the 1e PCs are legendary heroes, whereas 2e PCs are kinda just regular heroic chumps.
>>
>>85535057
You mean the power levels were dropped down to the intended power level of 1e.
>>
>>85535076
>how the fuck do you have the energy to be mad about that in 2022?
It's not like it takes much effort.
>also it looks fine
No, the trend of Fallout raider tier haircuts is objectively terrible.
>>
>>85535053

the sidebar "Incorporeality, Flight, and Rejuvenation" talks about some tweaks that you could make.

you could just let them go through thin walls if you want. as the gm that allows you to make a thicker wall if you really don't want them to be able to do that in a particular case.
>>
>>85535117
Nah, 1e PCs were powerful on purpose with intent to make players feel heroic.
2e PCs are weak on purpose because Paizo fucks think that trpgs have to be some sort of wargame autism
>>
>>85535151
>Nah, 1e PCs were powerful on purpose with intent to make players feel heroic.
Complete bullshit.

Look at the icons.

Look at the encounter building guidelines where APL+3 is the highest you should go because anything else is "too difficult."
>>
Do you guys like 2e? I played 3.5/PF years back and 5e has me kinda bored.
>>
>>85535189
>Look at the encounter building guidelines
CR is a bad joke even in core-only
>>
>>85535189
No need to look because the actual game matters more than what bullshit paizo fucks write up
>>
>>85535195
I like its ideas, not so much its execution.
Like, they finally gave us a tiny little fairy race, which is rad... but because racial features are so anemic, you're effectively no different than anyone else who just happened to have Reduce Person active.
I also like the "you are THIS class" instead of "take a level of X", but instead of using that to give everyone interesting class features early on, they made multiclassing a tax to get baseline competence.
>>
>>85535195

yes. it's not perfect - in particular it's too uptight about balance - but it's still my favorite of those three games and it's not even that close.

2e's action economy is really what makes the difference. and it's not enough to use the weird 1e hack from pathfinder unchained because 2e integrates the 3 action system into all of its feats and every element of the game's design. it's also easier to run and create balanced yet challenging encounters for
>>
>>85535226
I've only done a little research on 2e, but one thing that stood out to me was their 3 action turn and how a lot of the things you can do in combat can be done to different effect depending on how many of those actions are used, or in what order.

I really like the concept, but does it play well in practicality?
>>
>>85526453
Have played homebrewed setting for over a year. I like the system. I have no idea about the official lore, who the fuck reads that shit.
>>
>>85535195
I loved 3.5 (with players that knew how to limit themselves), liked 5e (until it started to feel repetitive), and I'm currently enjoying pf2e. Don't sink a fortune into it, but it is certainly worth trying out.
>>
>>85535195
Not particularly. I'm glad other people like it, but it really doesn't appeal to me at all.
>>
>>85535263
They took away a LOT of martial options and said "spend an action on this" on top of "spend a feat on this". Possibly with the aforementioned multiclass taxes, not everyone is even allowed to make an OA.
>>
>>85535151
>1e PCs were powerful on purpose
That's complete bull, there was no thought applied to the core design of 1e beyond getting rid of the dead levels. Whatever it had going on was a holdover of 3.5e's piss-poor practices.
>>
>>85535694
>not everyone is even allowed to make an OA.
This is a good change btw
>>
>>85535783
Not when the only-one-reaction rule also rears its head, making magicians nearly impossible to punish for casting in melee range.
>>
>>85535195
I think it's a boring game, and it's strong points are vastly overstated. It doesn't have it in it to become a more interesting system, either
>>
>>85535783
Yeah, such a good change that AoO is a must pick for every single class that could possibly get it.
>>
>>85535794
>>85535885
Both of these are good btw
>>
>>85535902
Explain how
>>
>>85535902
>t. wizard
>>
>>85513273
Go fuck a tree, anon
Seek out the most verdant plant life in the immediate area and achieve sexual release amidst it, either alone or accompanied. At the moment of climax, whisper a secret belonging to someone else. This secret must be different every time. You gain a +4 profane bonus on saves against mind-affecting effects.
>>
>>85535794
Fighters shitstomp enemy casters.
>>
>>85536211
Is that good or bad thing?
Also is there lorewise explanation for fighters being the anti-casters?
>>
>>85536768
Fighters always hate wizards.
>>
>>85536768
Fighters are dedicated to beating people up good and wizards are the easiest to beat up once you get near them.
>>
>>85536768
>Also is there lorewise explanation for fighters being the anti-casters?
Wizards are nerds, Fighters are professional bullies.
>>
>>85536768
wizards are easy to bully
>>
>>85536768
>Also is there lorewise explanation for fighters being the anti-casters?
Revenge for PF1e.
>>
>>85536768
When you were learning spells, I studied the blade (expert). When you were preparing those spells, I mastered the shield block reaction. While you wasted your days in pursuit of arcane spell proficiency (trained), I cultivated strength modifier. And now that the world is on fire and the orcs are at the gate you have the audacity to come to me to form a party, so that I can be a meat shield?
>>
File: wizchad.jpg (130 KB, 804x1003)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>85537083
>>
>>85535195
I like it but I'm a DM. The general joke is that DMs love it and players have mixed opinions about it.
>>
>>85517590
seen a dog with a flail
>>
What are the attitudes towards sex in the higher realms in Pathfinder? Angels and Azatas and whatnot definitely have it, but is their perspective fundementally different from that of mortals or something?
>>
>>85521518
Champion
Vinnie Paz
>>
>>85537712
Those cunts live for thousands of years if not eternally, so their fetishes would probably make even kuthonite blush
>>
>>85535694
welcome to 1e
>>
>>85537712
See Desna,Sarenrae and Shelyn

When you have eternal life, sex are probably just fun stuff.
>>
>>85537712
I'm sure Calistria's antipaladins have hate fucking orgies regularly
>>
File: 1653493161046.png (765 KB, 1063x991)
765 KB
765 KB PNG
>>
File: sacred.png (21 KB, 1114x163)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
Today I learned that if you are a Cleric of Callistra, you regularly prostitute yourself out to strangers in exchange for money or information as part of the deific obedience.
>>
>>85537780
discussed to death fuck off
>>
File: 1655052231299.png (269 KB, 1004x951)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>
>>85537780
>>85537796
>rent free
ngmi
>>
>>85537780
>>85537796
I know you're here to start an argument but consider killing yourself with a sharp stone instead.
>>
>If the notes are returned to Doctor Anya Chawaar, she’ll pay four times that amount
Few lines earlier:
>There, they’ve created a sort of nest from lab coats and the remains of Doctor Chawaar himself.
So, apparently throwing notes at corpse infested by Pickled Punks makes the corpse pay 3200gb for some reason. And no, it is not an undead and lvl 2 PCs most likely do not have resurrection available
>>
>>85537712
Desna's the biggest slut out there
>>
>>85538025
Considering the dead one is referred to as "himself", and the one who pays the PC as "her", it's most likely a widow who would reward the PCs for bringing back her husband's notes.
>>
>>85538390
Well, damn. Did not notice that.
And just checked, apparently there actually is the sister of that corpse in 4th book who buys the notes. Would probably missed that completely.
>>
1e PBEM game
Player just ordered Zombie Ogre he is controlling to jump attack a huge spider 50ft below the walkway on which the ogre is standing. ('Jump on that thing, crush and kill it')
What's a good way to handle this rule-wise?
>>
>>85538751
>What's a good way to handle this rule-wise?
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/Gamemastering/environment/environmental-rules/#Falling_Objects
Damage to ZOgre:
50ft fall = 5d6 - Intentional jump 1d6 non-lethat - "yelding surface" 1d6 non-lethal = 3d6 and no non-lethal because undead immune
Damage to spider:
Large "object" = 4d6 damage, and the ZOgre probably does it by trying touch attack.
>>
>>85538751
>PBEM
?
>>
>>85538900
NTA but Play-by-e-mail.
>>
New thread
>>85538956
>>85538956
>>85538956
>>
>>85538913
>mfw imagining my group's in person hour+ long combat encounters spanning weeks due to slow replies
>>
>>85537779
It is still the height of fucking stupidity to me how Paladins/Antipaladins work in Pathfinder.

It makes no sense for the only options for a Paladin like character who follows a God that isn't Lawful Good is to be evil.
>>
>>85526656
>but I don't see how strict homosex would ever be valued at the same level as straight sex
Read Plato's Symposium.
>>
>>85529014
I don't think the ioun stone works since rage powers explicitly only function when raging unless the text says they function outside of rage too. You'd just get sickened, but I guess you can still start raging even while sickened.
>>
>>85530946
They cannot, as written, use the stars are right since they don't prepare spells. As a result, they can only cast them once per day regardless, though you should just ask your GM and see about house ruling it if it bothers you.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.