[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Alpha-Legion-CSM.jpg (133 KB, 672x1100)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
are they the worst legion?
>>
idk but I do know you're the worst OP
>>
File: 1655033838779.png (375 KB, 720x584)
375 KB
375 KB PNG
>>85497638
>looks at (Night)Shitlords
No
>>
File: NL_Assault.jpg (67 KB, 582x774)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>85497657
it seems some disagree
>>
>>85497657
Try reading the Night Lords Omnibus. No Alpha Legion book even comes close to comparing.
>>
>>85497638
No, worst legion is Ultrasmurfs
>>
>>85497638
They're bad on purpose
>>
That would be Iron Hands. No seriously. Do you know anyone who likes them (no, metachasing in 8th ed is not being an Iron Hands fan)
Their primarch was the first one to job in the Heresy
The bionic shit was hated by their primarch.
They are the least popular black armor legion.
They are bitter assholes without the amusing autism of IWs.
>captcha: GAY4V
Yes, I think they are very gay.
>>
>>85498400
Iron Hands and Iron Warriors are my two favorite chapters.
>>
>>85497638
Id say iron hands. I genuinely forget they exist half the time.
>>
>>85498440
t. Gay autist
>>
>>85498400
one of the guys that occasionally comes by the gw i go to has something like 300 models of iron hands, dude really likes them and i don't think he even plays the game

he also has a prosthetic right hand, with might also be a reason why he likes them so much
>>
>>85497638
Black Legion is the worst for Chaos.
Iron Hands are the worst for Loyalists.
>>
>>85498965
why black legion
>>
File: 1651768629110.gif (287 KB, 220x342)
287 KB
287 KB GIF
>>85497729
>Try reading the Night Lords Omnibus
>>
>>85497638
Spacewolves are the worst legion.
>pretend to be retarded so hard your entire legion is now actually retarded
>still be russ and be retarded
>suppose to be 'executioner legion' can't even execute anyone
>get 'tricked' into beating up magnus basically fucking up everything
>go mope about it for a while, have to get helped by traitor DA, be that gay
>won't defend palace because too cool for school or some shit, even though the fucking khan helps defend the palace russ you stupid bitch
>get chance to 1 shot horus, fuck it up anyway
etcetcetc
>>
>>85497638
space furries have them beat by a thousand miles
>>
>>85497729
The Nightlords saga cheats by focusing on the one semi-decent NL marine. Even the rest of the legion thinks he's weird and on some bullshit
>>
>>85502179
Fair point, but I don't know which other Legion to ascribe its brilliance to
>>
Horus Heresy and it consequences has been a disaster for 40K.
>Verification not required.
>>
>>85497638
they are my favorite legion I crutch on in my 40k rpgs, because unlike almost all the other ones lack any subtlety and are deranged monsters. I can actually craft intricate plots with alpha legion
>>
>>85497638
Some 40kfags really hate it when you don't just rely on plot armour to win.
>>
>>85502338
The Alpha Legion was always like this.
>>
>>85502560
>Intricate plots
>It was I! Alpharius all along!
>>
>>85497657
Night lords are great, completely messed up, self aware about it, committed to a purpose they're not even fond of, for a dead Primark who hated them, inflicting violence and murder because it was their duty and then because they like it but also it's still their duty to the legion, which they hate. There's a lot there. Worst legions is world eaters as it's literally just angry tard rage and nothing else. Alpha legion isn't great either as it's just all according to plan shit especially the parts where it looks like it's not going to plan but is actually going according to the plan of it looking that way. Which seems pretty impossible to write about quick is probably why they barely get any books or mentions.
>>
File: legion ratings.png (632 KB, 998x753)
632 KB
632 KB PNG
Consult the chart. Alpha Legion is annoying to play against and the memes aren't for everyone but their color scheme rocks.
>>
>>85504518
> word bearers
> not virgins

and ur supposed to be choirboys baka
>>
>>85497674
I believe he’s speaking table wise. Night lords are objectively the best, but GW makes them shit on the table because they hate fun
>>
>>85498440
I lied. The iron hands are the only chapter GW hates more than the night lords and I forgot why
>>
>>85502622
>self aware about it
eeeehhhhhh sort of some of them sometimes
Being delusional is part of the charm of chaos marines and chaotic corruption in general.
>>
>>85505517
>and ur supposed to be choirboys baka
That is why they aren't virgins.
>>
>>85498400
>Their primarch was the first one to job in the Heresy
Cool. This isn't a bad thing unless you're a powerscaling retard that thinks the strength of the space-dad of your plastic soldiers reflects back on you.
>The bionic shit was hated by their primarch.
Also cool. Legions being nothing but miniature copies of their primarch is boring. The disagreement adds a little depth.
>They are the least popular black armor legion.
Even if Raven Guard weren't there to invalidate that, who cares about the popularity? It is true to say that they have a boring as fuck colour scheme though.
>They are bitter assholes without the amusing autism of IWs.
Being bitter assholes isn't a negative. They aren't real, you aren't the one suffering for their bitter-assholery. But Iron Warriors do take the bitter-cunt theme in a more fun direction.
>>
>>85501187
This, and in 40k they are even worst, just Wolf wolfing wolfurring wolfers wolfang wolf... etc.
>>
>>85501187
>Can use chaos weapons without being corrupted because fuck it why not
>Totally using the warp to do pskyer shit but it's not the warp because fuck it why not
>Chapter master can beat a primark because fuck it why not
They're pretty high up on the Gary Sue legion list desu
>>
>>85498248
You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>85498440
Honestly, in my experience IW fans are either great people or Pert-tier retards. No in between.
>>
>>85502622
>Alpha legion isn't great either as it's just all according to plan shit
There's plenty of story to play with a legion caught somewhere between doing the right thing for the wrong reasons and doing the wrong thing for the right reasons. Then you throw in the guys who don't know they're fucked and the guys who know but don't care and you've got plenty more than "it was meeeee/keikaku just as keikaku'd." The problem with the AL is that D-list genre fiction writers don't have the creative ability to write an Ian Flemming tier spy novel let alone a John Le Carrè.
>>
>>85502179
Read Lord of the Night then. Its the better NL book anyway.
>>
>>85498248
Based
>>
>>85509907
Pretty much. The writers generally aren't clever enough to make the legion clever, never mind that all the black ops OSS shit doesn't really fit great in 40k's tone.

...that and eight-foot tall power-armored supermen running around in Mission Impossible masks is fucking goofy.
>>
>>85510062
>that and eight-foot tall power-armored supermen running around in Mission Impossible masks is fucking goofy
Just give me a book about a "harrowing." Just write the actual fluff of the supposed super-secrect special ops Legion planning a covert campaign that ends with a huge purge, not even a battle at the end just giant eight foot tall monstrosities popping out of nooks and crannies like genetic abomination jack-in-the-box's absolutely wrecking a confused and disorganized superior force. Write me that and I'd read it.
>>
I actually liked the Unsung. Adherence to the Legion's ideals conflicting with demonic corruption. The harrow really seemed to he lost in the galaxy, becoming mercenaries for Chaos and navigating between 2 armies during Imperial - CSM battle.
>>
File: AL31.jpg (107 KB, 768x1024)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>85497638
Wrong you small minded corpse worshipper.
>>
>>85497638
Yes and no
>>
File: AL3.jpg (34 KB, 563x497)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>
File: AL9.jpg (31 KB, 564x404)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>85513810
>>
I think to a certain extent the alpha legion are kinda what you make them, This can be a good or a bad thing. I think what is established about them is neat, And i think they can definitely stand out in a positive way from the other traitor legions in 40k, Depending on who's writing of course.
>>
File: AL90.jpg (134 KB, 900x773)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>85513935
>>
File: AL16.jpg (43 KB, 563x494)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>85514130
>>
>>85497638
No, Raven Guard.
Can't follow orders and their chapter master died to a Tau in melee.
>>
Alpha Legion were cool when they were just tricky chaos dudes who excelled at deception and planning cultist uprisings (and when they had this color scheme: >>85514564)
The metallic teal guys who are secretly loyal and/or don't know what side they're on are boring and like a parody of the old AL
>>
>>85497638
I know this isn't a common opinion, but I really dislike the second legion, the emperors children, and the ultramarines.

The alpha legion is among the best legions. How is drugging the enemy's air supply not interesting?
>>
>>85498559
That's fair.
>>85498440
I can understand disliking the iron warriors and the iron hands, but they are interesting, if forgettable.
>>85501187
I have to agree with this anon. They are viking furries in space, that gets annoying at times.
>>
I don't understand. On the tabletop or in the lore? I thought the alpha legion was good or at least ok in both
>>
>>85517356
>guys who are secretly loyal
That's entirely a meme and not in any piece of canon literature.
>>
>>85497638
No, the edgelords are cringe and the sons of Horus are more boring than the Ultramarines
>>
>>85498400
Iron Hands and their successors should have been closer to Mars (with loads of exclusive mechanized shit form Mars) and practically Adeptus Mechanicus personal army (not their lapdog though). Too bad GW missed the opportunity after giving Adeptus Mechanicus an actual army.
>>
File: 81CMTJ+iraL[1].jpg (437 KB, 1400x2148)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
>>85517832
what about this piece of shit
>>
>>85518645
They were loyal to Alpharius, not the Imperium.
>>
>>85498248
>has never read know no fear or betrayer
Read a book before you spout your shit opinions anon
>>
>>85502560
That's a joke... right?
>>
>>85517832
Check out the Alpharius Primarch novel.
>>
>>85497638
Lorewise, yes. They are the worst, most shit, what have you?

Tabletop? They got nice rules, but you don't play 40k for the rules, so...
>>
>>85520546
I started the thread bc I was arguing with someone who kept insisting they're worse than night lords on the tabletop lol... I play night lords and I disagree. But seems like there's some people who really aren't happy with their 9th ed rules.
>>
>DUDE THEY'RE LOYALIST CHAOS DOUBLE AGENTS!
This is the gayest fucking thing in the entire setting.
>>
>>85523813
not Dark Angels (SECRET CHAOS DOUBLE AGENTS lolzorz XD) being named after a literal gay bar?
>>
File: AL117.jpg (45 KB, 564x651)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>85514564
>>
>>85505517

That's the 40k chart
>>
>>85501187
I fucking HATE the space wolves, for all you mention but the one that gets me in the Space Wolf, Wolf Priest or whoever the fuck, made friends with Thousand Sons guy just to betray and use what he learn agasint them, like what the fuck aren't space wolves suppose to be about brotherhood? such a betrayal of the most core value of their legion. I'm glad that dude got his soul wipe out
>>
>>85525289
Yes, AL is more gay than DA, it's hard to swallow, but yes
>>
>>85518645
This book was so bad
Also the MC worships the emperor (in secret)
>>
>>85498965
Black Legion lore pre-2nd is baller. They hate everything and everyone, including other chaos warbands for cloning Horus, so much they whore their bodies out to the gods so they can kill everyone better. Now they're the Legion of Doom, constantly jobbing as the plot demands.
>>
>>85501027
>>
>>85497638
It’s not Alpha Legion.
It’s not Nightlords.
It’s fucking Black Legion.
Those niggas are constant losers, it’s confirmed that every time something goes right for them it probably took 13 tries.
>>
>>85527075
Absolutely cringe.
>>
>>85518645
they were alpharius loyalists that caused the destruction of multiple loyalist chapters because of some perceived weakness, and iirc everyone but the main dude weren't even AL genestock
>>
>>85498965
based

>>85523428
>But seems like there's some people who really aren't happy with their 9th ed rules.
the only things I'm annoyed about really are viper's bite being sidegraded, losing the autohit/autowound bullets and losing the auspex equivalent
oh and losing jumplords/jumpsorcs and weapon options but that's not just an AL issue
aside from that we came out pretty good

>>85529352
>Black Legion lore pre-2nd is baller.
>their lore was good for 1/9 editions bro trust
kek
I'm not even saying you're wrong but that's some pretty major cope
>>
>>85499177
Too boring and pathetic for a legion who is supposed to be the vanilla chaos space marines. Sure the smurfs are also bland but at least they aren’t complete losers. I would rather start a red corsairs army than a black legion one.
>>
>>85497638
I get the feeling they were the token 20th Legion and writers didn't flesh them out enough which they then tried to hide with the while "plans within plans" nonsense. Not to mention they're the most unlike Space Marines and more of intelligence operatives forced into getting a day job.
>>
Fact: Everything that is not written in a codex is not canon
>>
>>85518888
>bl trash
Lol no, they're a "legion" of impotent wankers who got buck broken so hard that they made it their year zero.
>>
>>85499177
They're a bunch of failures who got booted from the real legions and chapters, and then proceed to job every time they attempt anything.
>>
>>85505517
By the time they're full marines, they change class to Paladin.
>>
>>85527558
They're the super special magical but not magical powers nothing personal its all ends justify the means because I'm so cool sort of shit while loudly proclaiming brotherhood. Wolves are about as hypocritical as you can get, which could be cool if anyone who liked them liked them for that, but its all fags 3wolf mooning.
>>
>>85505562
>trying to scare hyper indoctrinated super humans that know no fear, ancient fearless androids, crazy mushroom creatures or a godlike hivemind.
eh, Night Lords work only against Imperials, Tau and maybe Eldar. They are griefers by nature.
>>
>>85497638
Iron hands
> reasoning
So forgettable that even GW forgets about them.
>>
>>85509928
Based, have a cool and sympathetic Night Lord without ADB's "he's actually a feminist, ally, and likes kids :)" cringe
>>
>>85498400
> Do you know anyone who likes them
One GW store manager has them for a 30K army, and I think he only picked them because they were quick and easy to paint.
Thats the only person I've met in 20 years of this hobby that even has a single IH model. I've encountered more people with sons of Medusa models than IHs models.
>>
I actually really like the Alpha Legion, though I wish they would just can the "secret loyalist" nonsense. To me, they work best as a force of true chaos, where they operate in cells of a few dozen or so, where no cell recognizes nor is aware of what another is doing, and where their primary goal in the galaxy is to destabilize the Imperium from all angles. Some wear the silly hydra motiff, some are just plain marines near indistinguishable from each other. Some work openly and very blatantly, like in DoW, while others keep to the shadows, fucking with the flow of supplies or information. Some worship chaos openly, and summon daemons in their raids, others don't, and even employ anti-daemonic measures. A true spy/terrorist legion that no one can fully stomp out, because to do that, you'd have to go way back 10,000 years and try to unravel what Alpharius was planning from the start.

The "I AM ALPHARIUS" stuff also fits into this idea nicely, everyone in 40k expects every force to have a defined leader, a warlord that they can specifically target, except the Alpha Legion. Their 'leaders' are ancient directives and codes, contingencies written by their Primarchs, and if the marine chosen to play the part for the public is killed, then another one will take his place in short order.
>>
>>85497638
I think AL is pretty cool. Unfortunately they also have the cringiest memes and fanbase.
>>
>>85510806
Wasn't that, more or less, Legion?
>>
>>85501187
Space wolves feel like someone wanted to create the most obnoxious chapter imaginable. Are there any stories where the bastards get genocided?
>>
>>85536123
there's the one Horus heresy story where they get btfo by Horus
>>
>>85536123
The siege of Fenris, from Wrath of Magnus campaign.
>>
Probably the weakest legion.
>Cannot win in a straight on fight
>have to sneak around and beg for help from others to do literally anything
>operatives only fight by backstabbing and sabotage because in a straight on fight theyd be absolutely smashed
>>
>>85498965
I actually really like the Black Legion's color scheme so I have like 1.5k points worth of them. Abbadon was written well exactly one time. I'm torn between collecting Iron Warriors or Word Bearers now.
>>
>>85536123
There's a short after Prosp where they get sniped by the alpha legion into a warp phenomena and have to ask traitor DA for help. Its mostly russ deciding so much of his legion getting killed is actually a good thing and was his own idea, then doubling down on being a retard.
>>
>>85530130
>major cope
It's not an easy thing to realize that your favorite setting turned shit before you ever even touched a model.
>>
>>85527075
I hate this meme so fucking much it's unreal.
>>
They're my favorite legion. I dislike the loyal/traitor wank, it's stupid and pointless, but I like their spy stuff and their superiority complex. Whether they join Horus or the Emperor, they'd only do it to pursue their own agenda. I don't usually like BL's contributions, but the story they've put forward is the best way to make sense of the legion: Alpharius is the Emperor's pet monster, his Latveriy Beria, and the Alpha Legion is his NKVD. Everything they did was either initiated or approved by the Emperor, at least until the Heresy.
>>
File: 1603836005352.jpg (648 KB, 2160x3840)
648 KB
648 KB JPG
>>85537787
t.
>>
>>85535753
failing a leadership test isn't solely "we're too afraid of the enemy"
>>
>>85497638
Worst legio is Night Lords, theyre just too edgy and then they complain that nobody appreciates their edginess because they dont really like being edgy, except they actually do like being edgy, its all so fucking autistic
>>
>>85497638
Yes.
An army of nine foot tall heavy armored super soldiers trying to play CIA and somehow being amazing at it is retarded. They invite Primaris contamination into CSM

Iron Warriors are a close second for second Legion to use its marines in the most stupid way possible, but their fanbase is definitely more annoying.
>>
>>85542666
Why would nine foot tall supersoldiers with heightened intelligence make poor operatives?, It's already established the alpha legion uses a shitton of regular human dudes to do stuff, And its established in canon that marines can be stealthy if they want too, Even in power armor. So tell me, Why are these intelligent, Nine foot tall, unaging supermen who have had hundreds or thousands of years to gather experience poor intelligence operatives?
>>
>>85543460
Because you are a giant, super strong, super fast and superintelligent maniac in power armor. Because you are taking something designed from the ground up to be an overwhelming shock combat unit and sticking him in a bunker to do megamind shit and rely on those regular human dudes to pull the weight. In this case, if the Alpha Legion were as good at what people think they do as people say they are you'd never see them massed as an army ever; they'd be a mastermind behind 7000 cultist proxies instead.

They suffer the same problem as the Iron Warriors in that their defining strengths are wasted in space marines. You don't need to be a nine foot tall unaging superman with hundreds of thousands of years experience to man an earthwork or fire a missile. Alpha Legion get the added bonus of those defining strengths relying on ordinary human dudes.
>>
>>85543638
Because the CIA never uses shock combat units to do anything. And because you can never do a new thing when you're good at another.

The fact that you're using using their size as a detriment basically tells me you're a mouthbreating retard anyway, Because you might have had a point if there wasn't multiple imperial institutions that utilize giant supersoldiers themselves.
>>
File: OP must die.jpg (35 KB, 497x493)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>85497648
>>
>>85543661
>Because the CIA never uses shock combat units to do anything.

Lmao that is absolutely not the case, they use a fuckton
>>
>>85543740
That was sarcasm.
>>
>>85543638
space marines were designed to be jack of all trades, then legions specialized in something.
AL use sm's improved brainpower in this way.
>>
>>85543751

Cope
>>
>>85543835
Literal single digit iq monkey over here.
>>
>>85497638
best legion actually
beefed up space CIA/KGB with super soldiers and (probably) closet loyalists
>>
>>85542666
>nine foot tall
>Alpha Legion
>>
>>85497638
>>
File: Alpha legion stratagems.png (3.21 MB, 1153x1599)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB PNG
>>85536954
I like how in the Codex, their whole stratagem page is Strategic Ploys. 'No we can't really do anything special in the actual fight, all of our strength is 100% in bamboozling you away from it'
>>
>>85544078
the I Am Alpharius warlord trait triggers my mate like nothing else and has since early 8th, it's great
>>
>>85544021
Alpha legion had taller marines on average than most if not all of the legions, Alpharius and Omegon were smaller than the other primarchs.
>>
>>85544181
yeah where does that translate to nine feet
>>
File: height.jpg (64 KB, 1024x377)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>85544229
I imagine its possible for marines to be around or slightly over 9 feet tall if you consider the average is 7 and a half the average human being 5'9 and the tallest ever recorded being 8'11.
>>
>>85544343
I'll accept possible, I can't accept that the majority of AL are nearly eye-to-eye with the custodes on that chart though
>>
>>85544359
Noone said majority, That's you talking.
>>
>>85544371
see >>85542666
>An army of nine foot tall heavy armored super soldiers trying to play CIA
>>
>>85544387
To be fair though, That poster is clearly mentally challenged.
>>
>>85544396
yeah but they did say it, and they were who I was responding to initially so they're the one who sets the explicit assumptions we're working under
hence my disagreement
>>
>>85497638
Nah, worst legion is worst bearers.
>>
>>85544343
I wonder how big the Emperor's shits are.
>>
>>85542428
that's what makes them the best chaos legion. they make perfect sense by not making any sense. tzeentchian
>>
File: AL185.jpg (96 KB, 564x830)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>
File: AL20.jpg (91 KB, 512x468)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>85551065
>>
>>85502615
>>85519225
So you faggots gonna elaborate or just enjoy the test of your own dicks?
>>
File: AL101.jpg (59 KB, 563x566)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>85551362
>>
File: AL102.jpg (58 KB, 564x566)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>85551829
>>
>>85544343
The Emperor had no set size, to some people he was a normal sized man, to others he was a giant
>>
>>85527558
i always liked the wolves color scheme, but beyond that they are pure cringe
>>
>>85527558
>brotherhood
To be fair they were supposedly the ones responsible for killing two of the primarchs and their legions pre-heresy
>>
>>85502179
the omnibus is straight trash because dembski is a nihilist who writes the same book with everybook he writes. Talos is such a mary sue, I hate him so much, and no one else seems to see it. He's an apothecary and a psyker, and a squad leader, and he's like "totally not ambitious" In a Legion that is composed of criminals who have murdered each other for less and hate psykers so bad they bullied their chief librarian out of the legion. But not Talos, he's beloved of the primarch, and although the retarded warband led by an obvious daemon possessed weakling's atramentar don't like him, he's kept safe by his best friend who also hates/loves him but doesn't try to take his place as leader, because Talos can see the future this also from a widely non-superstitious legion that hates magic, but laps it up here.

Simon Spurrier on the other hand wrote a compelling book with Lord of Night. Zso Sahaal may be a sperg, but he get's shit done and at least has a character arc and espouses an ethos. Acerbus in contrast does too.
>>
>>85551837
>Bottom right
Wait, are Alpha Legion just a convoluted reference to reptilian aliens infiltrating and subverting human society?
>>
>>85544078
>>85544170
I fucking love Faceless Commander on Daemon Princes. Find that open backline, drop your Slaanesh-aligned Termies and use them as a beacon for the Prince. Pop Prescience, pop Endless Cacophony, watch shit melt.

Even better when you pop a vehicle and can use Improvised Explosives to give it a 3+ chance of exploding.

Rough count here, but I usually play against my Space Wolves friend and I think I killed 60% of his army doing this once.
>>
>>85497638
That’d be Raven Guard. Iron Hands at least have some interesting things with Ferris dipping and the trauma associated with it. Raven Guard ar e just boring. Coral is boring. Their characters are boring. Their schem is boring. No their aesthetics are boring and borderline non existent
>>
>>85497638
absolutely not, but the black library books covering them are almost universally terrible and make them out to be faggot memelords more so than any of the older fluff ever did

>>85501187
wolves are the worst and only the worst people play them

I'd also say salamanders are pretty garbage too and all the people I've met who collect them have been some kind of white guilt retards that paint them as africans instead of charcoal black for some reason

>>85504518
the undivided legions are all pretty cool
>>
>>85527075
I'd like this a lot more if the lightening was pink, indicating this is a psyker power and they all wind up turning into shapeshifting Chaos monsters. Like the 40k version of Skinwalkers.
>>
>>85533538
Are there equivalent turbo contrarians in the Middle Earth game system that put their head in the sand anytime someone mentions what happens in Tolkien's story during games?
>>
>>85536103
Not the cringes memes, but definitely up there. Space wolves take the cake for cringe
>>
>>85536954
They are an underdog faction. I love losers, so I'm a fan of their weakness
>>
>>85542428
Ah but the ridiculous aesthetic is oddly cool
>>
Would the Iron hands be more rememberable if they had a different name (they get confused with Iron Warriors) and color scheme (black is very generic and devoid of personality)?
I think their concept is cool though. A space marine legion centered around bionics and mechanized warfare.
>>
>>85553738
>A space marine legion centered around bionics and mechanized warfare.
but that's also iron warriors
>>
>>85543740
that was really obvious sarcasm
>>
>>85553818
Yes but Iron Warriors are traitors
>>
File: 1657292694899.jpg (173 KB, 1016x1440)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>85502622
A very shallow view of the WE.

Have you heard the tragic tale of the World Eaters butchers nails? In an attempt to understand and come closer to their broken genefather, they took the nails in turn.

All Angron wanted was to die with his brothers and sisters at Nuceria, but the Emperor robbed him of that and added trauma to an already broken mind. The same mind that got raped by twisted machine robbing him of all pleasure except when he killed.

I pity Angron. He deserved better and so did his legion.
>>
>>85554279
The Emperor should have let Angron die (War Hounds were ok until they found their primarch) and execute Curze and his legion of psychopaths on the spot.
>>
>>85554298
>The Emperor should have let Angron die (War Hounds were ok until they found their primarch)
I agree

>execute Curze and his legion of psychopaths on the spot.
Yeah I don't think Curze could have been saved.
The Terran NL before they met Curze were based and more true to Curze vision than the nostramo gutter scum. They used terror was a means to an end, not just for fun. Nostramon gang recruits and Curze madness ruined the legion.
>>
>>85536954
They are still astartes.

Their biggest problem is their martial hubris, they are like a bond villian who have to monologue about their plan before they kill you, they got huge egos.
>>
>>85507018
This.
And they use NECROMANCY!
>>
>>85553198
Snakes being their thing should've made it obvious.
>>
>>85551065
Plot twist: (You) were Alpharius all along.
>>
>>85537177
>I actually really like the Black Legion's color scheme so I have like 1.5k points worth of them.

Their color scheme is black lol
>>
File: 1642435272280.jpg (71 KB, 566x566)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>85544078
>psychocrystaline is Eldar poo
>Alpha Legion literally smear themselves in space elf poo to disappear
>>
File: Q5KDORoz0XuZ1fOr.jpg (285 KB, 1000x752)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
Have Thousand Sons achieved anything in lore? They seem quite hopeless.
>>
>>85554342
Curze could be saved, but he would have needed micromanaging and serious help ensuring he could see that the futures he saw were only possible choices, not actual deterministic fact. Sanguinius would probably have been a good choice to help with that.

Or Magnus, actually, but Magnus despised Curze from the first campaign they fought together on.
>>
>>85554279
>In an attempt to understand and come closer to their broken genefather, they took the nails in turn.
This got retconned, Angron made them take the Nails in newer stuff. They didn’t want to.
>>
>>85554298
If the Emperor and the Warhounds 1st company teleported down to fight with Angron and the Eaters of Cities would've Angron remained loyalist or the nails would've made him into a great host for a Khorne prince anyway?
>>
>>85560043
Angron would have forever resented the Emperor for not letting him die and “saving” him to live with the pain as he slowly degraded and died. It would have been Mortarion all over again but angrier.
>>
>>85556654
>job to space furries
>job to fucking Guilliman
Lol. Lmao.
>>
File: AL122.jpg (337 KB, 1080x945)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
>>
>>85560104
Wikipedia lorelet. Antron was only obsessed with dying because all his friends and followers, whom sacrificed everything to follow and fight beside him were massacred and destroyed in his absence. If he and his followers were saved I don’t see him being as suicidal.
>>
>>85558117

Where can I find out more about the Magnus-Curze dynamic
>>
>>85554298
I get Angron but for Curze it was
>I could fix his schizophrenia but I won't lol
Not to imply that Curze hadn't doomed his own legion through short-sightedness
>>
>>85560937
Emperor could have solved a lot of his problem primarchs with a simple conversation.

"So. Lorgar. I know you see me as God and are genetically predisposed to the notions of the divine and sacred. I got you man. But, listen, I have a big plan here, and it requires us to be atheists right now. I'll explain later, but, just have faith in me buddy, okay? I'm not a god but it's cool if you wanna obey me like one. Just don't go tellin people bro. Conquer some planets for me for a while and it'll all be clear pretty soon."

"Curze, buddy, pal, you need to chill out. Also, have you considered law enforcement isn't a one-man job? I mean real nice what you did with Nostromo, no kidding, I'm a huge fan, I'm proud of you. But maybe hire some deputies for when you're not around. Also: those prophetic visions? They're wrong sometimes. It's just potential future. The future isn't real per se. You can change it to be what you want, not what you fear. Anyway, maybe try being less of a doomer for a bit, you're scaring Rogal Dorn."
>>
>>85560909
There’s a brief interaction in one of the short story collections. Magnus and Curze are having their first meeting, and it’s about bringing a world into compliance. Magnus wants to do it peacefully, and he wants to preserve the immense libraries of knowledge and history that the world has. Curze is planning to rip it all apart. Magnus actually goes down on one knee almost, pleading with Curze to choose to just give him a few hours to save as much as he could by a deadline. Curse instead has it done immediately to make a point to Magnus that the future is decided and cannot be changed. And so Magnus gets to watch as thousands of years of history burns before his eyes, courtesy of Curze.
>>
>>85561024
>I'm not a god
“I was right all along, only a true god would so humbly deny his divinity!”
>>
File: AL187.jpg (49 KB, 564x562)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>85560474
>>
Iron hands worst legion, they did literally nothing, their primarch was such a nobody that lost to fucking Fagrim. I've never seen anyone with a Iron Hands army
>>
>>85553738
I'd remember them more if they did anything noteworthy with them being at odds with their Primarch, I'm only interested in them by proxy of their failure and obsession with implants but we never really see that.
>>
>>85553164
That's just russ jerking himself and his wolves off to a legend they never did so they can pretend they're the executioners. One was lost to the rangdan and the other is unaccounted for, potentially their legion dissolved into others and mind wiped. Its not like if russ killed their primarch they'd all just give up, none of the other legions did. Its just in-house bullshit the wolves got fed and bought into. Russ hasn't killed a single primarch. The only confirmed killers are Horus and Fulgrim and even then one of fulgrim's doesn't count anymore.
>>
>>85558130
that's gay
>>
>>85553738
>A space marine legion centered around bionics
The problem is that bionics just kinda invalidate the entire 'TURNING KIDS INTO BIOLOGICAL SUPERSOLDIERS' enchilada. I mean, why deal instaling a second flesh heart when you can put an autopump?
>>
>>85497729
Eh Bowden fapping to his own characters and shitting on others is hardly amusing.
>>
>>85565536
That's an interesting point I'd not thought about - the whole 'flesh is weak' thing is horseshit when they're uplifted supermen whose flesh was crafted in the image of functional demigods. Kind of a slap in the face to the Emperor too, calling his work inferior to that steampunk robot shit they like.

Also, why don't they wear armor over their bionics? (I realize it's so you can see the cool bionics on your mini but it makes even less sense than no-helmets.)
>>
File: Emperors-Children-2.jpg (90 KB, 1000x732)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
Enough of the pity-party. Let's talk about the best, most highly honored, and tactically and strategically superior legion.
>Primarch unmatched in single combat
>Responsible for shattering the Ultramarines
>Functional gene-seed babey
>Probably the legion most favored by their chosen god
>Best colour scheme
>Achieves as much or more than other legions despite few numbers
>Psykers are cool but unneccessary
>Literally E's favorites, even more than the Luna Wolves or Dangles
>>
>>85535753
"eh, Night Lords work only against Imperials, Tau and maybe Eldar. They are griefers by nature."

That's... a fair point. I would say though, that orks know fear, and being able to terrorize humans, tau, orks and (most likely) Eldar is still a nice range of victims.

I'd be more upset though if I was a Night Lord player and discovered that between the rest of Chaos, the Necrons, and the Dark Elder, the "army who spreads terror" angle is pretty well done to death. But Chaos isn't known for its logical thought.
>>
>>85566319
If they were his favs, why is Fulgrim not the Warmaster?
Also: falls to chaos for stealing spicy knife.
>>
>>85565536
>The problem is that bionics just kinda invalidate the entire 'TURNING KIDS INTO BIOLOGICAL SUPERSOLDIERS' enchilada.
Pretty much. How the fuck you justify becoming a marine when you are going turn into a pragmatic cyborg without feelings or heroism? I get they do it because some retarded trauma, but still. The only shit I can think is that being a marine allows you to withstand implants that normal humans can’t or the fact that marines live a fucking lot.
>>
>>85566806
Because Horus was the other primarchs' favourite.
>>
>>85566319
>best rules in HH and 40k, fluffy and powerful
>>
>>85535753
>>85566496
I agree, I feel the Night Lords need something more than just terror attacks to make them seem like a bigger threat. Especially as inducing fear is completely useless when fighting necrons, tyranids, maybe orks depending on who's writing. Maybe they should revisit their brutal pragmatism angle a bit more
>>
>>85497729
Go back to writing Siege, Bowden
>>
>>85520546
That's a very Reddit opinion, mon ami. Go read an actual book, even the baseline Alpharius primarch book entirely disproves that claim.
>>
>>85568922
Do Night Lords really give a shit about Necrons, though? They might have to fight them sometimes for one reason or another, and be forced to be more practical in the process, but their whole reason for being in the first place was to scare humans into compliance and their general goal seems to be fucking with the Imperium, rather than paying any real attention to xenos.
>>
>>85554675
I like black and gold, shoot me.
>>
>>85561079

Sasuga Ainz-sama!
>>
>>85566319
>Primarch unmatched in single combat
Sang and Khan were both better than he was.
>>
>>85505735
Touche.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.