[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File deleted.
Are classes good or bad?
>>
File: 1655753017570.jpg (55 KB, 600x829)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>85029633
Depends on the game/system.

I personally generally enjoy loose class systems because they help define character boundries, aesthetics, tone, and sometimes even social status or role. I find that entirely free-form character progressions tend to lead to immediate beelining for various masteries, general min-/maxing, and paradoxically result in more one-dimensional characters.
>>
>>85029633
neutral
>>
>>85029633
Classes are better for beginners, it supplies a framework to work within. Classless is something you build up to.
>>
>is good or bad, tell me now??
>brainlet.png
>>
>>85029633
Classes are best when you can get multiples of them and mix and match for powerful synergy.
>>
>>85029633
Classes are generally good because they reduce analysis paralysis during character creation.
>>
>>85029633
They're good because I have no idea how I'm going to function in the real world so I keep speccing further and further into academia
>>
>>85029710
The best solution ive seen is traveller with random careers.
>>
>>85029633
What would that chart be for women?
>>
>>85035505
Nobody knows, lesbians are reclusive creatures that lurk beneath bridges and behind Urban Outfitters, scrounging bits of flannel and carpeting from dumpsters to survive.
>>
>>85034346
?
>>
>>85035505
Lipstick
Femme
Androgynous
Tomboy
Bulldyke/Butch
>>
>>85029633
Depends.
>>
File: owd45015-s_web_front.jpg (97 KB, 910x910)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>85037044
Oh what?

>>85034346
I don't believe in muh hell, but this is still correct.
>>
>>85029633
Good. Just look at how many there are!
>>
>>85034177
How does it work in Traveller? My yardstick has always been the WFRP2 career system, where you progress through any number of careers as appropriate for the development/life of the character.
>>
>>85029633
depends on the setting
>>
>>85034346
Based.
>>
>>85029633
Yes
>>
>>85034346
Ok
>>
>>85035505
My theory is Cute/Sexy/Beauty. Cute is characterised mostly by neoteny. Sexy is characterised by curves. Beauty is hard to define but I suppose my other word for it would be elegance?

I don't have a breakdown of the middle areas like OP but I think the dimensions are accurate if only a little poorly defined.
>>
>>85034346
Based, OP is a fag as usual.
>>
>>85029633
What is this, a faggot Ouija board?
>>
>>85038596
Beauty is defined by symmetry.
>>
>>85038684
Nah because you can have symmetry in both of the others, that's a general feature of attractiveness. It needs to have a shared trait and an opposing trait with the other two. For example cute/sexy are opposed because petite body types are opposed by curvy ones, but if you retain the other neotenous features like height and more round faces you get a shortstack which has a lean towards sexy but is still has cute features.
I think Beauty has more slender/flowing features. That flowing aesthetic opposes cute my making things long, and sexy by making things thinner which would of course reduce curves.

I don't really keep up with celebs or anything so I'd struggle to give you examples, but I hope that clears it up.
>>
File: chart-29.png (458 KB, 1219x650)
458 KB
458 KB PNG
>>85029633
They're good if you're a brainlet incapable of thinking outside the box, which is most players because we all know 5e is the only TTRPG in existence

In practice though I find it stifles creativity and forces you into a certain type of character or role
>play a cleric
>suddenly a ball fondling simp for your deity who exists only to cast heal
>play a rogue
>everyone will die, every purse will be looted, and you will be the only person to roll skill checks
>play a bard
>everything is a hole to stick your dick in, if there isn't a hole make one, you will talk to every NPC while the party fellate each other in the background
If you like trope trash then sure, classes are fine but its the same car different coat of paint

Despite Pf2e's shortcomings its probably the most based system on the market if only looking at their take on multiclassing
>inb4 its not multiclassing
Still leaves a lot to be desired
>>
>>85038795
You can have symmetry in anything, but when it comes to human perceptions on beauty, symmetry directly correlates with how beautiful someone is considered, up until uncanny valley levels. This isn't just pulled out of the ass, it's fairly well-studied, and likely has to do with genetic health/stability and an absence of disfigurement (which suggests grueling circumstances or serious illness). Neoteny simply concerns youthfulness and sexyness concerns ability to rear children.

The trinity of female physicality really is Neoteny (Youth), Sexyness (Childbearing), and Beauty (Symmetry).
>>
>>85038821
>faggot
>misattributing based
>actual simpleton
>muh PF2
No surprises here.
>>
>>85038448
Hmm, interesting
>>
>>85035996
He's saying that gay people are predators.
Before you get mad about it, if you only took a surface look, you'd mistakenly come to the same conclusion.
Let the guy have his fun, it was only a joke, like on Top Gear.
>>
>>85038978
Faggots are pedophiles and predators, and transexuals are autogynophiliacs and groomers. Nothing joke-y or surface about it. The more you dig into it, the deeper the rabbit hole goes.
>>
>>85029633
I choose avg
>>
>>85038978
I'm not mad about it, I'm wondering what provoked that responds ITT.
>>
>>85029633
Lawful neutral
>>
>>85040425
The OP image, most likely.
>>
>>85038468
You get careers in 4 year terms. Each career has random tables for skills and events and after doing a couple random rolls your term ends and you can either retire from it and start a new career, keep doing terms in one career or finish and take your character into the game.
>>
File: 1654716289860.jpg (112 KB, 529x424)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>85045217
Oh, so it's a bit like an extension of how it works in Twilight 2000, and just for character creation? I thought you meant for character progression.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.