[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. good luck

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/BXSGuFdQ
>Essence
https://pastebin.com/u3dtDFy2

>Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Errata for Third Edition
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3ooTmopm3CBxW5jwPp1761xsaIccea-5XIhVM_PQEc/edit

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>NPCs
Hundred Devils Night Parade https://pastebin.com/iA1DYbpB
Adversaries of the Righteous https://pastebin.com/KR7zTrpe
Eclipse Charms https://pastebin.com/adVHdWtk

>Current Quixalted Extended QE Version (Fanmade Supplement)
https://s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/tg/image/1623/93/1623935053507.pdf
https://i.4cdn.org/tg/1650313446945.pdf

>Optional Quixalted Exalts
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jg86yrewnhx2ov3/QE_Reject3eExaltHomebrew.pdf/file

>4thchan Edition
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XqjkwQIR38ov7uZVSZGpcjI0QCPIiFaQkVosZVlhGH8/ (4.2 Core)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ChMTi_E4OfseIPvC0dJo99IrGkgRuBm0QgfxF1RZUAk/edit?usp=sharing (4.2 Spirits)

Last thread: >>84994417

Thread Question: Alright, Hearteaters aren't complete garbage. One out of many. Maybe 50% garbage. Your impressions so far?
>>
>>85011149
I'm flattered you used my art as the OP, but I'm not going to do that
>>
>>85011141
>Thread Question: Alright, Hearteaters aren't complete garbage. One out of many. Maybe 50% garbage. Your impressions so far?
Honestly, I'm pretty impressed by Hearteaters. Even if they're a little anemic in terms of charms, you can easily loot the Sovereigns for charm spread. Lore-wise they're great, giving weight and impact to the Primordial War that lasts to the current day. Additionally, even what mechanics we do have show why they're such a nightmare for the other exalt types to deal with.
>>
>>85011174
Could you draw Beloved Adorei being tsuntsun?
>>
>>85011325
>>85011391
I'll put it on the list
>>
>>85011200
Seriously yeah I could have one hearteater as a great unique solar level threat for a whole circle.
>>
>>85011399
Aw yiss. Ty.
>>
File: Pants.png (1.44 MB, 4000x3000)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>85011174
>>85011141
>>
>>85011474
lol
>>
Well, now that the book is completely out, my thoughts are as follows.
For Exigents:
>Pakpao is the stand-out of the bunch, having both interesting powers and an involvement in local politics in her region that defines her further. One can easily imagine her slotting well into a game involving Dragon-blooded allies.
>Architects seem very fun for city-based campaigns and, unlike the other options, you don't have to do much work to justify playing one in any direction. I would have like to have seen ideas for charms unique to specific cities, however, but maybe that'll come in the future.
>Sovereigns have some interesting charm ideas that I like (I am a sucker for the glam-rock aesthetic), but they are stuck in the Northwest in the middle of bum-fuck nowhere, and the authors seem to lack the page count to properly flesh out their relationship with the nearby Realm satrapy of Fajad, and there's little-to-no support as of now for fighting raksha armies in 3e.
>Janest is too generic for her own good. I don't actually think being a farmboy-turned-hero from the middle of nowhere like Luke Skywalker works very well in Exalted. While her charms do give me some idea of how Solar charms in 3e might look if they weren't made by that dumb fuck Morke, nothing about her seems very interesting since her community focus comes off as boring without an actual culture to work off of and opposed to the "wandering monster hunter" part of her backstory.
>>
Am i the only one who doesnt really mind umbrals and dream-souled. But heart eaters do seem to be the stand-out
>>
>>85011577
For the non-canon Exalts:
>Hearteaters are fairly interesting beings, and honestly probably could have worked as a canon option; it's cool to see an Exalt type that's actually fallen, rather than the "oh woe is me, I'm a neo-Yozi" stuff from Infernals in 2e and the "woe is me, I like The Cure and I hate my boss" from the Abyssals.
>While I don't see the Umbral Exalted as being unique enough to make it to general canon, I do like their mechanical ideas and I enjoy the similarities to oWoD's Wraith. I could definitely see myself playing one if it were allowed by a GM and I was in the mood to homebrew.
>Dream-Souled are just kind of there. While I'm not one to be a hardliner on thematic uniqueness like others in this thread, it's hard for me to see these as anything but Lunars with a lower power level. I really wish they leaned more into harnessing the Wyld, as it is an untapped space (even Lunars don't have much to do with it beyond hiding there), but as is, it feels like the ones that had the least effort.

Overall, it's an ok book, I also liked the part about Great Forks, but I wouldn't exactly recommend this for a general audience; I feel like it's an odd idea in general since the logic from the start was making it for the people that enjoyed Devil-Tigering it up in 2e, but I feel like those guys just stuck with 2e because they spent years of their life homebrewing for that system and there wasn't that many of them to begin with.
>>
>>85011635
I'm a little bored with the Dream-Souled, but I like the concept of Umbrals generally enough, since it is neat to see a more interesting Great Curse mechanic that encourages you to engage with it (you know, actually roleplaying!) rather than viewing it as a chore to get through or avoid outright.
>>
>>85011635
I'm in agreement. I've sort of felt that way for a while in concept, but I was scared folks on here would call me a shill. These seem to feel like fun homebrew splats. I really like hearteaters.
>>
>>85011875
You get called a shill if you mindlessly defend the product/developers or play silly semantics games over it. If you've got a decent argument, fair, but most don't or at least want something really unreasonable.
>>
>>85011577
Please explain to me like I know nothing: What's wrong with charms designed by Morke?
>>
>>85011904
Or failing that, can at least expand on why you like it. At worst you'll get called a niggerfaggot.
>>
>>85011904
It was long ago that I first came into this opinion, this wasn't always a paradise thread.
>>
>>85011399
What are the odds I can get a Samurai themed Dragonblood making a last stand against the anathema?
>>
>>85012020
100%
>>
>>85012026
NTA, but I want the anathema in question to be a lunar in tyrant lizard form
>>
>>85012039
>>
>>85012026
Sweet. Thank you. Let me know if you want any references. If not just freestyle something I'm good with whatever.
>>
File: 1623852487032.jpg (152 KB, 1061x1061)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>st points out all my characters are female and don't wear shoes
how the fuck do I explain this to >her without coming across like a freak? are there lots of people in mythology like this that I can use as examples? please fucking help next session is tonight.
>>
>Your impressions so far
They should have been a Lunar group.

>>85002810
In QE, Shintai for Infernals is basically that - a battle (or not, your choice) transformation that gives various benefits and allows easier access to charms. Also heals once per scene. Combine with "reverse wound penalties for attack" Malfeas anima, and there you have it.

... It now occurs to me that QE Infernals also work perfectly as magical girls with their transfromations. Hmm.

>>85005995
Very fast progress. If he used more of the existing CofD mechanics, it would be even faster, but the absolute mad lad doing most things from scratch, and making lots of lore.

>>85007431
>dead incarna, spread across Creation wallowing in their own pools of blood, as horrors that used to be the Exalted roam the world with monstrous urges, and the only "good" exalted are those that can wrest divine power from the corpses, and those corrupted that manage to turn their monstrous urges to the betterment of their fellow man
If you replace Dead Incarna with Dead Primordials, and own pools of blood with endless nightmares of their own impossible death, it would be pretty much business as usual fro all the rest, without any additional Exalt types.

>>85011012
Hehehe. Neat.
>>
>>85011399
Eh, thanks but please forget the jacuzzi one, twas just me being horny.
>>
>>85012564
Just have them wear shoes.
>>
>>85012564
Just don't dwell on it? I assume the ST and playgroup haven't demanded an explanation.
>>
>>85012584
Yes I feel we can't really overemphasize the fact that Admiral Seat's unit status is absolute. He's probably equalled the volume of all other Exalted art I've seen, that's not even taking his edition into account.
>>
>>85012564
Honestly, something that's a bit tricky to master even for people with good social skills is that you don't have to apologize for or justify the shit you do. If you beat around the bush, lie, or make a denial, your group is just going to tease you about it. If you're frank and up-front, they'll respect you more for it.

Like, think about your reaction to hearing that Quiet from Metal Gear Solid had this giant stupid pseudoscience explanation for why she wears a bikini in the game, versus your response to Yoko Taro response to being asked why he designed 2B the way he did, which came down to "Dude, I like girls."
>>
>>85012636
>equalled the volume of all other Exalted art I've seen
My Exalted Official Art folder has 283 images, While the Admiral's work is currently at 307. Even we discount variant edits, currently, the amount of Exalted art he's made for this thread exceeds the total number of fuul-scale official Exalted illustrations floating in the Internet.
>>
>>85012584
>Magical girls
Or Kamen Riders.
>>
>>85012750
It's like a lifetime movie, with more exclamations of faggotry and jews. "Truly, his anus grew four sizes that day."
>>
>>85012026
Requesting a man writing in terror at a desk with an Exalted corebook holding a gun to his head.
>>
>>85011392
Was asking what you think about their mechanics, Like the Umbrals Shadow.
>>
>>85012675
Or just have them wear shoes.
>>
>>85012750
Nani the fuck. I was right??
>>
>>85013163
Are you gay or something?
>>
>>85013163
If it's that anon's preference, he should keep being able to pursue his preference. It isn't any different from someone describing their character as having a full beard, a large chest, or being muscular, and conforming your desires to what other people want because you're ashamed of it is a good way to repress yourself in what's supposed to be a fantastical outlet. Back off, man, let people enjoy things.
>>
>>85013186
Dunno, if literally every character I made was a bearded bloke I'd probably get a bit of shit too, and a man's beard isn't nearly the fetish fuel a woman's feet is for some 'people'.
>>
>>85012564
Did your ST just point it out as an idle observation or did she imply or outright state it's a problem?
>>
>>85013295
We all have our weird desires, anon. Some people like big tits, some people like beards, some like the dominance displays of wealth and status, I want to get railed by a werewolf, it's all fine. Touching on it without making it weird is perfectly acceptable on the tabletop.
>>
>>85013319
If it's being commented on and he's freaking out, chances are he is making it weird. Weirder than it already is.
>>
>>85012564
But do they have element resisting prana?
>>
>>85013328
Let's ask Daji of Shang to check.
>>
>>85013319
What if the werewolf was also part goat? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>85012609
I gotcha

>>85012750
Jesus, I've surpassed all the official art in quantity? Whelp, time to try to surpass it's best in quality as well.

>>85012875
Can do
Looks like I have a goodly amount of work to do tomorrow, art wise.

Without further ado, this is a bit more of the north-east lore that we have down, please tell us what you think :
>>
>>85013324
Not necessarily. People can get pretty insecure about their sexuality, even for really innocuous things. The big question is whether it's disrupting someone's ability to play. If it is, then yeah, dialing it back is the answer, but if they're just making note of it and he's blowing it out of proportion, the healthiest answer is for him to realize that he's not hurting anybody by doing it, and just keep going because he enjoys it and it's not really an issue.

>>85013352
A voice like silver bells sounds pretty sexy, don't it?
>>
>>85013354
Maybe not combined art of all editions, yet, but it's getting close.

>>85013352
Ma-Ha-Suchi is pretty cool, yes.
>>
Requesting Dukantha being smug. Bonus points if it has the sort of style he had in 1e.
>>
>Pawn Becomes Queen
>Cost: 5m, 1wp, 2xp; Mins: Essence 3
>Type: Simple
>Keywords: None
>Duration: Instant
>Prerequisite Charms: Piece-Promoting Advance
>The Hearteater raises up one of her pawns — though not so high as herself --suffusing him with her hungry Essence.
>The Hearteater grants a character a pool of (Hearteater’s Essence + 5) motes. He can add up to (Hearteater’s Essence) dice on any roll made to serve the Hearteater or her interests for one mote each. Alternatively, he can add up to (her Essence/2, rounded up) to any static value for two motes per +1 bonus when doing so would advance the Hearteater’s interests. These motes can’t be used to attune artifacts.
>If the empowered character ceases to be a pawn, he loses this Charm’s benefits, refunding the experience points spent to empower him. Likewise, upon an empowered pawn’s death, the Hearteater recovers the experience spent on him.
This can be expanded to a "Elite Mook" Charm tree.

>Piece-Promoting Advance
>Cost: 5m; Mins: Essence 2
>Type: Reflexive
>Keywords: Mute
>Prerequisite Charms: Favored Pawn Maneuver
>The Hearteater imbues a pawn with her own experience, knowledge, and skill.
>When a pawn within long range makes an action using an Ability the Hearteater has at 3+, she can add a non-Charm success on his roll or a +1 non-Charm bonus to a static value. If she has an applicable specialty in that Ability, her pawn benefits from it.
>This Charm can be used while the Hearteater is directly controlling a pawn to enhance his actions.
>With Essence 4, if the Hearteater has the relevant Ability at 5, she can add two non-Charm successes or a +2 non-Charm bonus to a static value.
>>
Technically, if you make an Exalted into a spirit, such as the Numina, you can turn them into pawns.
>>
>>85013510
Not looking at Exigentshit on basic principle, is being made into a pawn resolved as UMI or mental influence? Either way, if subverting Exalted was so easy the Primordials would have done it way more often.
>>
>>85013528
It requires the target to already have a major or defining intimacy towards you or something you represent (like a religion, state, etc.). Then when you turn someone into a Pawn, they gain a defining tie of loyalty to you that can't be erroded, and it counts as a psyche effect.

If the Psyche effect is broken, they still have the defining tie to you, but it can be whittled down.

>if subverting Exalted was so easy the Primordials would have done it way more often.
Corrupting the Aurorans into the Hearteaters literally required the corpse of one of the Incarna. They also corrupted the solars the moment they got their hands on the solar exaltations. So... yes. You're correct. That's what they do, every time they have the opportunity.
>>
>Hungry Mentors
>Occasionally, the hungry ghost (Exalted, p. 503) of the Hearteater’s previous incarnation remains tethered to its pearlescent bones, waiting for a successor to find them and the Exaltation caged within. This inhuman revenant may act as a mentor, whether following the new Hearteater or lingering as an oracle in its tomb. Much more powerful than a mortal’s hungry ghosts, they are three-dot Allies or two-dot Mentors.

>>85013528
For ten motes and one Willpower, the Hearteater may attempt to claim a mortal human as a pawn.
>His Willpower can’t exceed (higher of her Essence or 3) and he must have a Major or Defining Tie towards the Hearteater or something significant that is closely associated with her, like a Tie toward her kingdom or a Principle of belief in the heterodox Immaculate sect she preaches. She rolls ([Charisma or Manipulation] + [Occult, Performance, or Presence]) with (her target’s Intimacy) non-Charm successes as a unique influence roll against his Resolve. If she succeeds, she claims him as a pawn. If she fails, she can’t use this power on him again for the rest of the story. A Hearteater can have at most (Essence + Willpower) pawns at one time.
>>
>>85013558
I didn't have a good look, but doesn't it only work on un-exalted? Or was it only un-exalted humans (with the game not expecting exalted non-humans).

I did see that when you reincarnate into a pawn, it's only a human pawn. Unless that got changed elsewhere. So even if you use the upgrades to pawn-ify a house cat or a fae you're stuck as a human when the shard reincarnates.
>>
>>85013528
It's a Psyche effect, so yes it's 3e UMI
>>
>>85013602
They start as human-only but can expand it to ghosts, God-blooded, gods, demons, anything they can summon with sorcery, humans +, etc...
>>
>>85013602
It starts off letting you subsume weak-willed (read: Trivial threat) humans. You can expand it to be able to take on animals, low-end spirits, and supernatural mortals that aren't exalts. You never get the ability to rob the free-will of exalts, but that's hardly unexpected. I imagine robbing the free will of demons during the Primordial War was their primary task.
>>
Heartstealers are basically the Thrallherd class from D&D 3.5

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/thrallherd.htm
>>
>>85013633
>>85013558
>If the Psyche effect is broken, they still have the defining tie to you, but it can be whittled down.
>You never get the ability to rob the free-will of exalts
A fun aspect of this is that if someone exalts while under your control, they immediately stop being a pawn, but they still have the defining tie of loyalty to you. And I'm willing to bet you can absolutely turn dynastic children into pawns.
>>
This is 4tched Lore anon, we wanted to give a concept of a place we are gonna write, see if people like it.

Dehelsen rests between the Eastern reaches of Halta and the territories of the Eastern Wardemholds. During the First Age they were a peripheral Warden state, with a lot of links to the Realm proper. Unlike most of the other Warden states, they do actually get involved in the Civil War of the Thousand Struggles Era. Perhaps because of this distraction and the solars being too busy having their wars, noone notices that the entire place get's taken over by Akuma, to the point that Conky himself had to come down and sort them out.

After he did that(with violence) he took away their right to annoint their own kings, meaning that if you weren't a Solar or an underling to one, your own subjects would get intimacies of "You are an usurper" and usually praetorian you. (This applies Territorially to Dehelsen and by bloodline to those lines, who's members had become Akuma). Less of an issue during the First Age, but after the Usurpation Dehelsen fell into Anarchy that it still is in today.

In the present time, Dehelsen is a land torn by clanstrife, banditry and lawlessness, among forests and ruins of First Age cities. These bandits, monsters and would be tyrants are opposed by chivalrous errant warriors called the Rustnanger in an ever losing struggle against chaos and death.

Recently, however, a warlord named Kjelnasser has conquered a swathe of territory, seemingly unaffected by the curse despite not being a Solar. This is because he is backed by an akuma sorcerer cult of SWLiHN called the Nine and Nine in onem who managed to bag the god responsible for maintaining the Curse and are forcing him to lift it from the warlord. Though subtle, their influence pervades the Kjelnasser's new domain, a fact that the warlord is not too happy about.

Because of their brutality and suspicion they are opposed by the Rustninger, but it is a losing fight.
>>
>>85013558
>>85013596
>>85013622
>>85013633
>>85013655
Keep thinking about udon soup in the presence of a Hearteater, got it.

>>85013639
Huh. They really are.
>>
>>85013632
Sure, but my point was exalts are blanket immune and, even if you pawn only gods, when you die you'll turn into a pearl because you can only reincarnate into a regular human.

>>85013633
It says their job - they where to be the guides and mentors of the exalted host. Which I always thought was what the Siddies original job was. I can only assume the Siddies original spec was to make Luna feel better by having her chosen be less surplus to requirement by comparison.
>>
>>85013680
>I can only assume the Siddies original spec was to make Luna feel better by having her chosen be less surplus to requirement by comparison.
That doesn't make any sense, Sidereals are capable of such better things with their native charms than Lunars that they'd make Luna feel infinitely worse at probably being better stewards than most Lunars.
>>
>>85013659
cont.

They are also opposed by the mysterious Forest Witches(who we moved here), who are, in fact, puppets of the Sword and the Lake Are One, a Third Circle Asura of Szoreny, which has it's own plan for the region, which may not neccesarily align with the Reclamation.

We are going for a kind of Arthurian wibe here, with valiant chivalrous knights standing against bandits, tyrants and monsters etc, with the Forest Witches taking the role of the Arthurian Fay, Swords handed out from lakes and ladies of such in the bundle.

Thoughts on this?

Also the anon writing Grieve, I like what you did thus far, but remember that in 4thced Liminals aren't exalts, merely the Undying Dead of Beverin. We haven't quite figured out how that happens yet, besides it somehow involving an artifact of one of the Neverborn(ala Heart of Autochton)
>>
>>85013354
I like the northeast story so far; and I already understand that it is that Fellwood that appeared prominently on the map. That with the name and the color it had I thought it was a giant Shadowland (for the Wyld and the raksha some kind of bright color might be more appropriate than pitch black which seems more appropriate for Shadowlands I think).
The new version of the Linowan is interesting in its mythology. The core remains the same, but now what they do is for a different reason which makes them more interesting.
>>
>>85013659
>>85013725
>They are also opposed by the mysterious Forest Witches(who we moved here), who are, in fact, puppets of the Sword and the Lake Are One, a Third Circle Asura of Szoreny, which has it's own plan for the region, which may not neccesarily align with the Reclamation.

I’d like to contest this lore bit for the following reasons:

>”When the Elemental Dragons moved over the newly shaped Creation, their passage divided the gossamer motes of lingering chaos into their own aspects, carving Cytherea’s malleable sea of the mind into Gaia’s image.” Lords of Creation, p. 101
>Compass: Malfeas states Cytherea has her own escape plan, which involves Creation’s geomancy
Ergo I think the thing empowering the Forest Witches makes more sense as either an exiled 3CD or even shattered aspect of Cytherea that otherwise yeah, can be a kind of twisted, inhuman Lady of the Lake-type figure like Lileath from Warhammer Fantasy kek. Maybe for whatever reason this deva could only be imprisoned in Creation, not Malfeas. Maybe Cytherea’s substance is too thoroughly integrated into Creation that like the Caul, some of her existence clumped into a corner of it.
>>
>>85013354
I like the northeast story so far; and I already understand that it is that Fellwood that appeared prominently on the map. That with the name and the color it had I thought it was a giant Shadowland (for the Wyld and the raksha some kind of bright color might be more appropriate than pitch black which seems more appropriate for Shadowlands I think).
The new version of the Linowan is interesting in its mythology. The core remains the same, but now what they do is for a different reason which makes them more interesting.
>>
>>85013354
No particular criticisms beyond fellwood maybe changing the name to avoid a WoW association.
>>
>>85013777
Interesting idea, we'll have to think on it. (and the Lady is only a subsoul, the 3CD is the Lake and the Sword)
>>
>>85013680
They job was to be 3E!Adamant!Alchemicals, You can see a bit of it in the Sovereign charmset.
>>
>Many-Faced Infiltration
>Cost: —; Mins: Essence 1
>Type: Permanent
>Duration: Permanent
>Prerequisite Charms: None
>The Hearteater always seems to have someone on the inside, her pawns holding high positions in kingdoms, priesthoods, and armies.
When the Hearteater interacts with an organization of which any of her pawns are members, she gains the following benefits:
• Bureaucracy rolls related to that organization double 9s.
• Larceny rolls to steal from the organization double 9s.
• Strategic Maneuver rolls opposing an army to which a pawn belongs convert any bonus dice for
spies (Exalted, p. 212) to non-Charm successes.
• She adds +1 Guile against any effect that would reveal she is not a member of that organization.

Strange how this doesn't actually help them infiltrate an organization.
>>
>>85014090
I think the point is you want to seduce and ensnare people already in positions of power then make them pawns, rather than having pawns break into the organisation
>>
>>85014090
I mean, there's the Bureaucracy rolls at least.
>>
>Revered Idol Affirmation
>Cost: 3m; Mins: Essence 1
>Duration: One scene
>The Hearteater sways unruly crowds and wins the acclaim of cultured audiences, drawing power from their attention.
>The Hearteater ignores penalties for targeting multiple characters with an influence roll and adds an automatic success on influence rolls if all her targets could be claimed as pawns.

>Willing Lackey Dominance
>Cost: 3m; Mins: Essence 1
>Type: Supplemental
>Prerequisite Charms: Revered Idol Affirmation
>The Hearteater’s eerie charm makes obsequious servants even of those who aren’t her pawns.
>The Hearteater rerolls 1s until they cease to appear on a persuade, bargain, or threaten roll. If she succeeds, her target gains a Minor Principle reflecting his enthusiasm or motivation to perform the task she demands, chosen by his player, in addition to the influence’s normal effects.

>>85014108
>>85014117
Thanks, Wonder how easy it is for them to subvert the guild.
>>
>Wicked Heartbreak Epiphany
>Cost: 4m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 1
>Duration: Indefinite
>Prerequisite Charms: Yearning Heart Intuition
>Friends, family, lovers, enemies — these are liabilities the Hearteater’s foe can ill afford, each an opportunity to play architect of tragedies.
>Upon discovering one of a character’s Major or Defining Ties, the Hearteater rolls (Manipulation + [Awareness, Investigation, Socialize, or Survival]). If the object of her victim’s Tie is one of her pawns, she adds (Essence) non-Charm successes. She banks non-Charm dice equal her successes. She may add up to (higher of Essence or 3) banked dice on any of the following rolls:
• Instill rolls to weaken positive Intimacies to the object of the victim’s Tie or to create or strengthen negative Intimacies toward her.
• Persuade rolls that leverage Intimacies to the object of the victim’s Tie.
• Influence rolls against the Tie’s object.
• Read intentions rolls against the Hearteater’s victim or the Tie’s object.
• Awareness, Investigation, or Survival rolls to find, observe, or track the Tie’s object.
• Rolls to gain access to the Tie’s object — either literally, like picking locked doors or smashing through barricades, or figuratively, through social or bureaucratic dealings.
• Rolls for Psyche and Shaping effects against the Tie’s object.
>This Charm can only be used once per session.
>>
>>85011141
>TQ
Impressions is the devs should develop existing Exalts AND RELEASE THEM ON FUCKING TIME rather than expect the players to give a fuck about their OC donut steel Exalts. Too late, this is the dullest franchise in the history of tabletop game franchises.

Seriously, each episode following the genderfluid Exalts and their mortal cocksleeves from Creation as they fight assorted antagonists has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the weeaboo imagery and hamfisted political commentary, the games’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of dice tricks, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when White Wolf sold all their gamelines to Paradox Entertainment; they made sure their games would never be mistaken for works of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable Kickstarter scams. The Exalted gameline might be anti-Tolkenian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-LOTR series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

"a-at least the mechanics are better though"
"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character made an attack, the author wrote instead that the character "reset Initiative".

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Vance and Minton's minds are so governed by soapboxing and pointless crunch that they have no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Exalted by the same RPGnet. They wrote something to the effect of, "If these players are playiing Exalted at 16 or 17, then when they get older they will go on to get HRT and love Communism." And they were quite right. They were not being ironic. When you play "Exalted" you are, in fact, trained to read Marx.
>>
>>85013655
Yes, and any mortal relatives.

>Devouring Broken Minds (Essence 3; Prerequisite Charms: Passion-Devouring Feast): The Hearteater is awarded Willpower for completely eroding a character’s Major or Defining Intimacies and can shed Limit if doing so upholds one of her own Major or Defining Intimacies.
>NTR Charm.
>>
>>85014688
Now work that charm into somehow making the cum bath kangz an entire civilisation of NTR built around being cucked by the hearteater.
>>
>>85014595
>Nemesis Recruitment Practice
>Type: Simple
>Keywords: Psyche
>Prerequisite Charms: Audience-Capturing Performance
>Hatred is still attention, and the Hearteater has learned to make do with such scraps.
>The Hearteater makes a special ([Charisma or Manipulation] +[Performance or Presence]) instill roll, doubling 9s, against a character with a negative Tie toward her. If successful, his negative Tie is also treated as a Tie of obsession to the Hearteater. This can be resisted initially for one Willpower; after the influence roll, an affected character must erode his negative Tie entirely to be free of this Psyche effect.
>Against pawns, this Charm suppresses the negative Tie for as long as the pawn retains the Tie of obsession.
>>
>>85014814
Considering they can have 10,000 pawns, A single dedicated Hearteater can do it to all female members of the royal family.

>Someone Else’s Life (daughter)
>Type: Supplemental
>Prerequisite Charms: Single-Minded Chorus
>The Hearteater steps seamlessly into her pawns’ lives, inhabiting the emotions that others feel toward them.
>When the Hearteater makes an influence roll, any positive Ties that targets have towards her pawns count as supporting the influence. If one or more such pawns are present to vouch for the Hearteater, she rerolls (higher of Essence or 3) failed dice.
>>
>>85014921
They have literally created a cuckold simulator.
>>
>>85014953
Not even first age Solars wanted to have anything with them.

>Under-the-Skin Revelation
>Cost: 6m; Mins: Essence 2
>Prerequisite Charms: Exquisite Terror Allure, Identity-Devouring Maw
>For one awful moment, the Hearteater lets her mask slip, pulling back her pawn’s face to reveal her presence lurking within.
>While the Hearteater is directly controlling a pawn, she can use this Charm to superimpose her appearance over his. This is terrifying to witness; she reflexively makes an (Appearance + Presence) threaten roll against everyone who can perceive her, ignoring multiple target penalties. Characters with positive Ties towards the controlled pawn treat those Intimacies as supporting this influence.
>A character with a positive Tie toward the pawn and a negative Tie toward the Hearteater is especially vulnerable to this Charm’s awful revelation. Such characters must pay an additional Willpower to resist the threaten roll, or an additional two Willpower if both Ties are Major. A character with both Intimacies
at Defining intensity can’t spend Willpower to resist this influence.
>>
>>85015113
If you used celestial bliss trick on a controlling heart eater, would they get the tie?
>>
Signs that a charm is fucking garbage:
>double Xs
>reroll Xs
>adds dice
>deals damage
>auto successes
>>
>>85011141
Speaking of Hearteaters, drawdude, can you please do a picture of that one from the Core? You know, the one by the Alchemical on that two-page spread?
>>
>>85015149
Yes, But I think they have a Charm to send it to another pawn.
>"Influence rolls and other effects that target the mind apply to the controlling Hearteater rather than the pawn."
>>
>>85011635
I actually kind of like the apocryphal exalted, because they are interesting and apocryphal.
They stole the book, fuck exigents.
>>
>>85015451
Maybe the apocryphal Exalted would've worked better as a what-if book of their own published near the rnd of the edition.
>>
>>85015163
auto successes especially egregious when dicetricks also apply, since a dicetricked roll gets better mileage out of dice than it does autosux.
>>
>>85011141
What about the Umbrals and Dream-Souled? How do they rate? And how can we get more of either?
>>
>>85015611
Why the end? And how can we get more for them?

>>85015371
Seconding this please.
>>
>>85015785
Dream-Souled can Wyld Shape in Creation lmao.
>>
The funny thing is that heartheaters/Umbrals show the perfect way to fix Lunar lore.
Make them apocryphal like them.
Lunars were meant to be exalted lost to the Wyld, let them be that but also give optional rules to play as one that by a miracle retains it's mind.
>>
>>85011141
desu the Sovereigns should have been Dragon-Blooded.

And who in the right mind would approve of putting the cum bath art in the book?
>>
>>85015371
>Hearteater signature is a cute waifu we will never see again.
>Hearteaters are the best nu-exalts.

>Janest seem as a bland not!Solar with an artifact.
>Exigents are seem as bland exalted with an artifact.

>Pakpao impressed the audience in and out of universe.

>Architects just exist to give cities more life, in and out of universe.

>Sovereign "signature" is a mini Realm.
>People only care to raze/subvert it and claim the Imperial Manse (Fount-of-Glories), Or ignore it in favor of the Incarna.

>Umbral and Dream-Souled Signatures are dudes, not my type.
>Umbrals and Dream-Souled aren't my type but other people like them.

>Liminals signatures just exist.
>Outside of Promethean comparisons, Liminals just exist.

>Getimian "Signature" is an intrusive gaycel.
>Getimians are intrusive and gay
>>
>>85015791
NTA, but new exalt-types are introduced last.

>And how can we get more for them?
>At$165,000 in Funding - Exigents Expanded Content: The Torchbearer
We can't.
>>
>>85015849
It's actually really easy to fix Lunar lore. Just separate them in various groups depending on personal proclivities, dismissing any notion of unity or shared agendas.
>First Age Elders mucking about in personal domains
>Post-Usurpation, but old and powerful Lunars attempting social engineering in various part of the world, waging a shadow war with Sidereals over the control of the far Threshold states
>Chimaerae warped by the Wyld or driven insane, fucking shit up for the previous group for giggles, living with Raksha and giving no fucks
>Numerous small societies of various secrecy and affiliation: City-Smiter's cult/pawns, Caul insurrection, allies of the tiny sid Silver Faction, Abyssal-leaning Lunars serving Deathlords or with deathkingt mates, Glorious Solar Cock Appreciation Society, The Casteless Club, anything goes.
>Unaffiliated Lunar heroes doing whatever the fuck
>Several dozens Lunar Exaltations that got caught in the Jade Prison along with Solars, ideal for the new player characters.

This provides a lot of factions, character options, explains why the Lunar did not take over the world (too busy being factious and cannot agree on anything, very individualistic), and even gives the explanation of why there are a lot of new Lunars out for grabs.
>>
>>85016045
Isn't that basically what the Silver Pact is anyway, just with a very thin veneer of 'no seriously we're all on the same side, honestly'?
>>
>>85015791
>Why the end?
It just seems like the kind of thing best reserved for the end. Apocryphal content shouldn't take time and resources that could be spent on the established canon Exalts, so all the official splatbooks should be finished before a what-if book for Exalts that could is even thought about. I also think that something pretty out there, something changing things significantly, is a good way to end an edition.

>>85015849
>Lunars were meant to be exalted lost to the Wyld
They weren't, or at least I've never seen a convincing evidence or argument implying that they were.
>>
>>85016181
Bro the dude that wrote Sidereals said it in his blog.
Also look at theur representation in the corebook.
It makes perfect sense why they didn't affect the setting as much because they are mad monsters, I dunno why you find it so hard to believe.
>>
>>85016220
>Also look at theur representation in the corebook
Lunars were just less retarded garou, The lack of Appearance Charms was because Grabowski didn't want to prejudice ugly Lunars.
>>
>>85016220
>Bro the dude that wrote Sidereals said it in his blog.
If you mean the post linked here a couple of threads back, that was Holden citing Stephen Lea Sheppard. Is Holden citing SLS what you'd consider a reliable source, seeing how neither of them was a writer for 1E?

>I dunno why you find it so hard to believe.
I've heard so many dumb claims about Exalted backed essentially just by "just trust me bro" that I'm not going to believe shit if some anon saying it is the only source provided.
>>
>>85016278
NTA, But an anon posted a page from making of Exalted, Lunars were supposed be split in two: Barbarians not!Garou to give the players a familiar face, and insane allies of the Fair Folk.
>>
>>85016328
Yeah, that was me. That page makes it clear that Lunars were intended to be playable at least by the point the Making of Exalted was written, meaning before the 1E core was published, and there's nothing in the making of Exalted that implies that there were ever, at any point, plans to not have Lunars be a playable splat. Maybe the fact that some of the Lunars were intended to be insane monsters is what's led to some people end up with the impression that all Lunars were supposed to be so.
>>
>>85016372
There is the fact of how their chamset was deliberately crippled because of Deathly Beastman Transformation and "Appearance Charms = No ugly Lunars".
>>
I'm fine with Lunars not holding that much territory since I want to play as a fantasy Viet Cong soldier and destroy foreign imperialists with devastating guerilla attacks.
>>
Are akuma a thing in 3rd edition? Meaning mortals who make some pact with demons and get some motes and charms as a result (not becoming *exalted*, but able to use essence).
>>
>>85015451
>They stole the book, fuck exigents.
Not literally, unfortunately.
There's no stretch goal for them.
>>
>>85016631
Not yet, but you could use Exigents to model them
>>
>>85016690
What the fuck is an exigent?
>>
>>85016631
It's supposed to be like that. Even if it worked differently, with different types of pacts giving different types of powers at different prices.
Presumably the classic sell free will for great power that was in other editions will be one of those pacts.
>>
>>85016254
>Corebook
>Talks about their splatbook.

>>85016278
Bro the apocryphal exalts borrow heavily from what lunars were supposed to be
>Masters of illusion
>Corrupted and gone mad
>Living on the fringes of the wyld
>>
File: Not Sure If Trolling.jpg (62 KB, 604x453)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>85016710
>>
>>85016724
I was talking about the ST book.

>Masters of illusion
According to Grabowski it is a reference to their shapeshifting skills; But in the ST guide, it was mentioned that Lunars have song based illusions.
>>
>>85016631
Now Akuma is label, It is used against anybody with contract with a Yozy.

>>85016710
New exalt-type introduced in 3e, Basically misc exalted, Onyx Part is currently founding their book in Indiegogo.
>>
>>85016843
Oh, okay.

I'm trying to construct an interesting villian that isn't just "a demon got out" or "it's an X type exalt!" but few things can actually stand against a circle of solars without getting totally flattened.
>>
>>85016930
Unfortunately 3e is more focused on "Exalted vs Exalted" and "Exalted vs Mortals"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m3sQR1oiM9lql7G-SnfthtRqHw8OrGmS/view
But you can use the rules for Dream-Souled. Just change Ideal to Urge
>>
>>85016930
>few things can actually stand against a circle of solars without getting totally flattened
Anything can. Just give it more dice.
>>
File: 1549710916315.jpg (351 KB, 1370x2048)
351 KB
351 KB JPG
>>85016930
What else has ever been capable of challenging a Solar since the first edition? There's a reason why Deathlords tend to wind up as the final bosses for campaigns, and its because they can actually throw down with a Solar circle on their own. I don't know why people are so sour on the idea of fighting Exalted humans with human motivations and ideals.
>>
Janest Battle Anthem.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=6hjVRt7j2wc

Battle Anthem of the Sovereigns of Uluiru.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Bjip14Y-pzc

Battle Anthem of the Umbral Exalted.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=1lsn2tT5yTc

Battle Anthem of the Hearteater/Auroral Exalted.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=WYOj5g1sBns

Battle Anthem of the Dream-Souled.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ
>>
>>85017553
What is the solar battle anthem?
>>
>>85018102
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2GuHgUyHTM
>>
>>85018102
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SFL9qQLrOw
>>
File: 1643147868699.webm (2.87 MB, 640x360)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
>>85018102
Varies with the edition.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=1uJTFJ0G_SY
>>
File: 6kj26l.jpg (97 KB, 500x659)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
How Holden plans to introduce the Hearteaters in ExVsWoD and ExD?
>>
>>85018397
Hey man, people actually like the Architects. Generally as NPCs, but people do like them.
>>
So everyone here seems to like the Hearteaters. What're the other Apocryphals like?
>>
File: 6kj36r.jpg (96 KB, 500x659)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>85018406
Better?

>>85018442
Playable Raksha and Wraith the Living.
>>
>>85018487
Acceptable.
>>
>>85018487
>Playable Raksha and Wraith the Living.
I think that's part of the reason why I've not been inteerested anough to read them. Things we already have and things from another gameline. Maybe oneday I'll go through the book and be pleasantly surprised. Maybe I'm just a grognard. Glad to hear that you guys don't think that they're all complete shit, though.
>>
>>85018442
i dont mind them, i like the dream souled but I can see why the hearteaters are the stand out
>>
>>85018543
Playable rakshas are funny because their power comes from some Wyld entity that has just discovered Creation and can barely understand or interact with it and picks up information from those it exalts when they die. So they are an information gathering mechanism for a Wyld entity trying to understand Creation.
>>
>>85018543
>Glad to hear that you guys don't think that they're all complete shit, though.
Yeah, Hearteaters were a real surprise. Everybody was pretty well prepared to write off all the Apocryphals as dead in the water, 4chan in particular, but Hearteaters are a smash hit with excellent lore, solid mechanics, a legitimately terrifying charm structure that actually shows why they were sealed away, and more. I've never seen /exg/ make such a powerful 180 on whether they like an idea before, because people here love them.
>>
>>85018543
Funnily enough, They can lose Penumbra by sharing meals with strangers, defending the weak & acting against pessimism and/or cynicism.
Their base mechanics is what I thought Shifune was going to be.
>>
>>85018442
Umbrals are fun.
>>
>>85018584
I guess that's cool? A sort of outside context problem for Creation as a whole, but that kind of feels like what Getimians are.

>>85018584
Hearteaters are the ones I've nothing but good things about so maybe I'd like them as well. Do they have castes or aspects? Beyond the fact that they've a patron god, I still don't see why they are Exalts and not just a powerful being with one mind and several bodies.
>>
>>85018515
Thanks.

>>85018584
>Everybody was pretty well prepared to write off all the Apocryphals as dead in the water, 4chan in particular, but Hearteaters are a smash hit with excellent lore, solid mechanics, a legitimately terrifying charm structure that actually shows why they were sealed away, and more.
A few anons were expecting them to be the best of the nu-exalts.

>>85018650
>I still don't see why they are Exalts and not just a powerful being with one mind and several bodies.
The devs wanted to introduce an exalt-type that didn't survive the primordial war, Hearteaters are what happened to them.
>>
>>85018650
The reason they're exalts is because they're a showcase of what happens to exalts when they're corrupted by the primordials on a grand scale. They were the Chosen of one of the Incarna, Aurora, and while they don't have castes or aspects they had a relatively well-defined charm structure via the Sovereigns and their own pawn-making charms.

Lore-wise, they represent an exalt type that actually fell when the primordials got to them - infernals and abyssals are different expressions of power that could find their own place in the world, but Hearteaters are a problem for the world around them in a way that few other exalt types can compete with, and more than anything else they showcase the horror of why an incarna dying is such a big deal.

Mechanically, they back up how terrifying their lore is, because they can theoretically have up to 10,000 mind controlled servants they can bring to bear, any of which is a reincarnation candidate if they get killed, so you have to kill them IMMEDIATELY or their power base can spiral deeply out of control, and because of the nature of their Great Curse - hunger and loneliness that can only be sated by dominating the will of others - they WILL become a problem if left alone. "The Lunars and Sidereals are willing to work together to defeat Hearteaters" may initially seem cheesy, but it's a legitimate godzilla threshold because of how fucking dangerous they are, and them being exalts is part of why they're so dangerous.
>>
>>85018761
Thanks. Sounds like they might be neat, then.
>>
>>85018761
There's the part that they are the only exalted that can actually reincarnate, Preserving most of their memories and personality.
>>
>>85018761
Golden Janissary's capstone might actually be quite strong against them, considering. Lone Spark lights the Conflagration is able to hit all creatures of darkness in a given scene, and Heart eaters are probably especially vulnerable considering their already linked nature.
Like drop a match on a pile of dead leaves, connected to other piles by lines of gasoline.
>>
>>85011141
what kind of exalt can turn into a Kaiju like that?
>>
>>85018895
Lunars and probably Infernals
>>
>>85018895
Lunars can get Mountainous Spirit Expression to transform any of their shapes to legendary size, and one of the prerequisite charms for MSE lets them take on the shape of legendary size animals like elephants, krakens, and t-rexes.

Alternatively an alchemical can become a colossus - essentially turning your body into a gundam - but we don't have rules for that yet.
>>
>>85018931
Don't Alchemicals become living cities once they hit a certain essence level?

I've always been fond of Alchemicals, and I think Autocthon is a cool setting. I like the idea of magitech BLAME!
>>
>>85018761
And due to how there charmset and there great curse manifestation i unironically see it being far far harder than even abyssals to do good. With hearteaters there charmset inherently enables there great curse
>>
>>85019062
>Don't Alchemicals become living cities once they hit a certain essence level?
The way that's being handled in 3e is that it's basically retirement for an alchemical. To my knowledge Alchemicals don't really have a lifespan limit in 3e, but once an elder alchemical has stopped enjoying life as an exalt, they can settle down and unfold into a city, where they can alternately be dormant but useful or have an active hand in the lives of those who live within them, depending on their mood at the time.

Also, it's entirely possible for an alchemical city to exist in Creation in 3e, as there's some Creation-native alchemicals around.
>>
>>85019091
Once they reach a certain threshold of power, They can slave Non-human beings.

>Goblin King’s Court
>Cost: —; Mins: Essence 3
>Prerequisite Charms: Broken Paragon Binding, Wyld Tomb Rebirth
>The Hearteater preys upon courts of chaos, flensing away the countless layers of lies which attire the Fair Folk and replacing them with the truth of herself.
>The Hearteater may claim Fair Folk or other fae as pawns. They must have the requisite Tie to the Hearteater and fall within the maximum Willpower she can claim (p. XX). Fae count as (their Essence) pawns towards the Hearteater’s maximum, and she can’t claim pawns with an Essence higher than her own.
>>
>>85018140
>>85018146
>>85018235
Which is each?
>>
>>85019147
>3e

Eh. I guess I can see why they'd want to make it a post-game option instead, but it's not like becoming a city was any real hindrance in 2e, since you could just stuff yourself back into a perfect copy of your original body if you wanted to go play superherobfor a little while.
>>
File: warstrider inspiration.png (1.08 MB, 1215x717)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>85019230
The problem was more that it was a forced thing. Same with being a colossus as well - if you're invested in your character's appearance, turning yourself into a warstrider isn't really something you want to do, so you're forced to choose between either your character's power or your character's appearance, either of which could ruin your effective play position. Cities were just an extension of that problem, writ even larger.

By turning colossus effects into charms on the exalt type that can swap out charms, you bypass a lot of that problem for the colossi on top of making it available to players who want it relatively early (since, as lunars show, you can totally get away with being legendary size at Essence 1) and since being a city alchemical was never a playable setup anyways even in games where playing Essence 6+ exalts was encouraged, turning it into the end of their lifespan just makes sense.
>>
>>85019304
Fair enough. I do agree that it should be an option, not an inevitability.
>>
Question for DrawChad: What are your plans for Abyssals and Alchemicals?
>>
>>85013402
Who is Dunkantha?
>>
>>85020159
Nothing, Dunkantha matter with you?
>>
>>85020159
Lintha water aspect Akuma/demon.
>>
>>85020159
Lintha Essence 8 Akuma Dragonblooded that's also a Third Circle Demon.
>>
>>85020080
The ideas for them are only in their initial stages right now.
Abyssals are what happens when you turn a solar inside out, so an equivalent to such will have to be made for lunars (who were also sealed within the jade prison in this lore).
Alternatively, we can say that Lunars and their transformative properties when on to be claimed by the yozi, and became the Infernals, thus we can have them be the corrupted equivalents of each.

Regardless, Abyssals are going to have alternative patrons in the form of Yama-King backed solar ghosts, and the ghosts of the4 exalted who decided to help the underworld in penance instead of sublimating to lethe. Thus the underworld has some different factions be more influential. These solar ghosts are objectively not strong, only high tier but otherwise normal ghosts, but the sheer quantity of grave goods and real life experience makes them fairly dangerous enemies for the deathlords.

I think I'm going to steal some of my ill fitting ideas for the jadeborn that were scrapped for alchemicals, the frame system particularly, but otherwise they'll be mostly as is. their charms are going be be greater in number and more specific, but being able to change them out for the mission makes up for that a great deal.

other than that, I haven't really thought of it much.
>>
File: Dukantha.png (82 KB, 286x348)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>>85013402
>>85020349
Can do
>>
>>85020372
>>85020349
I didn't know Lintha could exalt. I thought they were too fucked up on Yozi Juice.
>>
>>85020659
"Lintha" is a gradient. At the higher end they're basically mini-exalts running on demon juice, but they tune down into basically just god-bloods at some point, and many are just people with mutations. After a certain threshold, you're human enough to exalt.
>>
>>85020659
IIRC the original pureblooded Lintha weren't able to, but modern Lintha are human enough that they are actually compatible.
>>
>>85020687
>just god-bloods
I wonder if we'll get eclipse charms for them this edition. If we do, then the Divine Heritage merit could be used to represent a character that's a relatively high-end lintha that was still able to exalt.
>>
>>85016045
Most of this is already canon in 3e. There are independent lunars, lunar factions with their own rulers outside of the pact etc etc.
>>
File: Lunar.jpg (1.61 MB, 1050x1476)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
>>85020640
Can you do a Dawn vs Legion of sledgehammer wielding pawns?
>>
>>85020640
shit actually, maybe it's 2e I meant where he looks like an actual demon lord >>85020349
>>
>>85017477
What makes you think people are sour on it? Exalt on exalt fights are bog standard.
>>
>>85020694
>>85020687
> my dreams for a Lintha shark Lunar waifu can be a reality

Bless you, anons.
>>
>Solars (Holy) and Lunars are labeled as Anathema because they will inevitably fall to their inner darkness.
>Umbrals (Creatures of Darkness) are Celestial Exalted literally struggling with their inner darkness
>"Immaculate doctrine does not label them Anathema, though an individual’s deeds may earn them that title."
>>
>>85021023
>Nuxalted is retarded, example no. 26498
>>
>>85021023
>>85021048
Anons, there's a reason people say that Anathema is a political designation.
>>
>>85021099
That sounds really fucking dumb, then the siderals wouldnt need to hide anymore either, crime or no crime.
>>
>>85020790
>>85020800
Yeah
Oh man I am just flush with requests this thread, I guess I'll dedicate a night to it.
>>
>>85021048
"In the Second Age, the Umbrals are even more obscure. The Realm, Lookshy, and other Dragon-Blooded polities, like the Shogunate before them, have essentially no knowledge of the Umbrals save for that gleaned by Dragon-Blooded who’ve encountered them, and perhaps any wisdom to be found in lost First Age texts that their savants might uncover. Immaculate doctrine does not label them Anathema, though an individual’s deeds may earn them that title
Makes sense since they weren't part of the Solar deliberative.

>>85021099
They probably lost their non-Anathema privileges after Thorns.
>>
>>85021099
And it's one that the Realm is happy to use to smear anything that isn't a DB, so what makes these faggots so special?
>>
>>85021112
>>85021131
There's literally a sidebar that states Sidereals, when they need to act in Creation, can present themselves as Exigents and get a pass with the Immaculate Order because of it. They hide because operating behind the scenes is convenient and very useful, same as a spy or government agent in the real world.
>>
>somehow the immaculates instinctively know that Infernals are a distinct class of exalted that aren't Exigents, and they also somehow know that Infernals are Solar-likes.
huh
>>
>>85018761
>The Lunars and Sidereals are willing to work together to defeat Hearteaters" may initially seem cheesy, but it's a legitimate godzilla threshold because of how fucking dangerous they are, and them being exalts is part of why they're so dangerous.

It's so cool that you're telling the truth. The hearteaters were always cool to me in theory and I'm so glad the reality delivers.
>>
>>85018761
one thing is that as a hearteater gets stronger, in essence a heavily subsumed area is a deathtrap because it becomes
>is this random citizen subsumed and will suddenly pull out charms from the heart eater or the godblooded the hearteater subsumed
>>
>An Apocryphal Census
>As this Appendix’s Exalted are non canonical, no hard numbers for how many exist in the setting are given. If a Storyteller wishes to include one or more of them in her game, she should determine how many exist. The following guidelines provide a good range within which Storytellers can determine how many or how few of these Exalted they want in their game.

Hearteaters: Around 200 to 400 Exaltations total, of which around 0 to 20 are typically active at any given time.
>Umbrals: Around 50 to 200.
>Dream-Souled: Varies; at present, around 25 to 100.

>>85021169
Infernals aren't really "subtle" about it.
Mask of Winters screamed to the world that Abyssals are Anathema.
Most of Hearteaters are still in jail.
Dream-Souled have the smallest population among the Exalted, are mistaken for Fae, fae-blooded or a weird Exigent..
>>
>>85021136
>There's literally a sidebar that states Sidereals, when they need to act in Creation, can present themselves as Exigents and get a pass with the Immaculate Order because of it.

That is also fucking stupid and does nothing to disabuse me of the notion that all these bespoke Exalts introduced in 3e are unironically special snowflakes that don't fit the setting. If it said that they lied and said they were god-blooded or something, that'd be acceptable. But a nation as bent on cultural and religious control as the Realm and their Sidereal handlers being totally fine with a bunch of freakshit wierdos wandering around firing off superpowers, Exalted or otherwise, reeks of horseshit.
>>
>>85021270
>special snowflakes
>>
>>85021263
there's literally less infernals than there are suggested hearteaters and umbrals.
>>
>>85021329
In 2E I think it was mentioned that the Sidereals perceived their powers at the loom of fate (at least some of them that they had to use very carefully) as demonic and immediately went to investigate.
From there it was simply a matter of time before the Sidereals made the connection.
In 3E no idea. What lore do we have from Infernals? Plus they seem to be getting an overhaul and new castes so maybe they have something that makes them very identifiable as demon-solars.
>>
>>85021368
>In 3E no idea. What lore do we have from Infernals? Plus they seem to be getting an overhaul and new castes so maybe they have something that makes them very identifiable as demon-solars.
The only information we have on infernals at the moment comes from the Lunars book, in which it's noted that a few lunars have met their solar mates as infernals, but that even among the Pact Infernals aren't well known right now.

We're going to have to see how the Sids and Infernals books approach it, because right now we just don't know.
>>
>>85021023
It's weird how people in these threads expect the NPCs in game to be psychic and aware of in-game mechanics and the ins-and-outs of the rarest types of Exalted possible in a setting where a vast amount of knowledge is flat-out lost and where the best form of long-range communication that isn't sorcery is sending a horse courier to relay your letter to someone.
>>
>>85021281
I mean what I say, and I say what I mean. "Edgy darkness Exalted, but the repressive autocracy built on half-truths and outright lies, and the paranoid backstabbing ninja-lawyers that collaborate on an annual purge of monsters, Exalts, and other undesirables so famous that it's become a proper noun think they're totally cool and chill dudes" reads like the worst kind of fan-splat.

Who pays money for this dogshit? It has to be some kind of tax scam.
>>
>>85021329
There are 20 to 0 active Hearteaters which puts them below Infernals numbers, Unless someone decides to pull a culling game.

>At the height of the Shogunate, Dragon-Blooded sohei of the Immaculate Faith patrolled the world’s edge for Hearteaters, raising the Wyld Hunt against them and leading the attack. In modern times, the Realm and Lookshy are too far to have had any significant interaction with Hearteaters, and the relevant portions of the Immaculate Texts have faded into scholarly obscurity.
>>
>>85011391
>>85012020
>>85012039
>>85012875
>>85013402
>>85015371
>>85020790
Don't mind me, im just making a list for later tonight.
>>
>>85021453
Sorry, I was pointing the irony.
>>
>>85021388
I remember reading something on discord that they would have new casts, but I'm not sure.

In any case I never liked the part of the corruptible exaltations in any case. With heartheaters it makes sense to be a curse using the death of the creator.
But I find it hard to believe that the primordials never captured exaltations during the height of their power in the primordial war and then studied and corrupted it to create their own exalted.
I would have preferred the exaltations, barring some hearteater-like event with the death of their patron and the curse powered by that death (which leads to unpredictable and uncontrollable consequences in any case) to be unalterable and incorruptible. It seems to me that it makes more sense and the kind of things that the incarnae should want incorporated into their ultimate weapons so they don't turn it against them.
Now, once they've captured exaltations from the jade prison, there's nothing stopping yozi and neverborn from studying those exaltations, reverse engineering them, and discovering how to create their own. Then have copies created but with key changes to create your own desired type of exalted.
That would also explain why the Abyssals look so much like the Solars, the Neverborn being dead are less creative and more static than the yozi who altered more the premise they found.
Lunars can be modified, but only within certain parameters, as part of being the most adaptable of all and in any case the end result is still a Lunar even if it is a slightly different version of the previous one.

I guess everyone has something they would like to change in the canon.
>>
>>85021453
Seems to me like that'd make them more likely to brand someone as Anathema and run him to ground than the opposite. Better safe than sorry.
>>
>>85021538
>But I find it hard to believe that the primordials never captured exaltations during the height of their power in the primordial war and then studied and corrupted it to create their own exalted.
Well, Autochthon specifically designed them for fighting the Primordials, so I actually have no problem believing that. As for creating their own Exalted, I'll point you to Getimians.

The rest is largely just straight opinion stuff, though, so I'm gonna say that while I don't agree with your position, I understand where you're coming from, and not get into an argument based on subjective viewpoints.
>>
File: umbrals stuff.png (126 KB, 837x520)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
>>85021505
Yeah, but it's like, the in-setting reason why there's nothing in the Immaculate texts about them is that there's so few Umbrals and Creation is no longer capable of centralized communication that even the educated will just assume they're a weird Exigent of some kind of shadow god, maybe write about it in a personal journal, and move on. You'd have to spend a large amount of time with them to get that they have severe mental problems, and even then, one might just come to the conclusion that it's just an individual personality problem since they're rare enough that one might not know that there's more than just one Umbral. It's such a weird thing to bitch and moan about that the NPCs of Exalted aren't reading the script like we are.
>>
>>85021579
Is fair.
>>
>>85021539
What is this setting, Warhammer 40k? Get this grimderp shit out of here, they're not going to start another fight with an Exalt just because they made the area around them a little darker.
>>
>>85021468
>Umbrals
>Edgy darkness Exalted

>Shadow-Caging Concentration
>Long struggle against her Shadow has refined the Umbral’s resolve, tipping the balance of her inner conflict.
>The Umbral may spend one Willpower to shed one Penumbra when she accomplishes one of the following:
>• She upholds one of her Shadow’s Intimacies.
>• She suffers meaningful harm in the course of protecting someone weaker than her.
>• She defeats or humiliates a character for whom she or her Shadow has a Major or Defining negative Tie.
>• She forms a positive Tie to a stranger after sharing a meal with him, receiving his hospitality, or a similar social interaction that reaffirms her connection to humanity.
>An Essence 3 repurchase lets the Umbral waive this Charm’s Willpower cost once per story. This effect is reset when she gains 3+ Penumbra in a scene.

>Shade-Gaoler Discipline
>Cost: —; Mins: Essence 3
>Prerequisite Charms: Shadow-Caging Concentration (x2)
>The Umbral’s will fetters her Shadow, binding until she calls upon it once more.
>When the Umbral meaningfully defies a negative Major or Defining Tie, or a Major or Defining Principle based on cynicism or pessimism, she loses one Penumbra. She may also use this Charm when she defies her Shadow’s Defining Intimacy.
>This Charm can only be used once per scene.
>>
>>85021488
>There are 20 to 0 active Hearteaters
Wonder what an all Hearteater party would look like.
>>
>>85011474
Based
>>
>>85021643
If you want to play an Exalt with darkness powers, struggling against a legacy of hate and violence, and who is eventually redeemed through embracing love, mercy, and humanity, Abyssals are right fucking there.
>>
>>85021729
i would say abyssals are more dead flavored with a side of darkness while umbrals are more darkness flavored with a side of split personality
>>
>>85021729
>>85021743
Yeah, Abyssals are vampire tropes. Umbrals are mental trauma and mental disorder tropes.
>>
>>85021743
Wow what a big difference.
It's not like abyssals have to deal with the whispers of ancient horrors trying to bend them to their will.
>>
>>85021584
>even the educated will just assume they're a weird Exigent of some kind of shadow god, maybe write about it in a personal journal, and move on. You'd have to spend a large amount of time with them to get that they have severe mental problems, and even then, one might just come to the conclusion that it's just an individual personality problem since they're rare enough that one might not know that there's more than just one Umbral.
Over time evidence will pile up that Exigents of "dark" gods have a tendency for paranoid schizophrenia and/or depression.

>>85021697
A real time strategy game (Age of Exalted) they can even wololo.
>>
>>85021803
>A real time strategy game (Age of Exalted) they can even wololo.
Makes me wonder, can a hearteater turn another hearteaters pawn into their own pawn? Basically just out and out steal the host. Can they share pawns?
>>
>>85021758
Did they really just look at Wraith, Changeling, and Promethian and try to make them into their own Exalt types?
>>
>>85021849
Eh, the Liminals came from Holden and Hatewheel in late 2e and got slapped into the 3e core book, so the new devs were always stuck with them. But the reason why the apocryphal exalt types are optional canon is because they recognized they couldn't get much out of them so shuffled them into the back with incomplete loadouts so they'd be available if someone wanted them, but they don't ever have to be referenced in the rest of the game line. So I'd say they're aware of the fact that the ideas aren't really good enough without something to support them, and just had their hands tied regarding liminals.
>>
>>85021743
I agree with you, Umbrals mostly robbed Abyssals of their darkness-related themes for no reason.
>>
>>85021849
Anon... Lunars = Garou, Abyssals = Vampire, Sidereal = Mage, Dragon-Blooded = Kindred of the east & Solars = Hunter
The Ebon Dragon is an alternative name for the Wyrm, Autochthonia is from Ascension, The name of the Infernal castes are the same of Demon houses.

>>85021836
It wasn't explained, but probably a contested roll.
>>
>>85021920
I know that, I was just hoping they wouldn't be so hack as to do it again 15 years and two editions later.
>>
>>85021941
I know, The less obvious the connection between an Exalt-type and their WoD counterpart the better. See "Lunars vs Dragon-Blooded/Solars"
>>
>>85021979
Look on the bright side, maybe they'll take some design cues from Demon the Descent for 3e Sids. They won't, but it'd be nice.
>>
>>85021468
... That's not what it says at all? It says umbrals are barely known of, there's just a few reports of some emo maybe exalts from some dragon blooded. That's not even a confirmation to the realm that they exist.
>>
>>85012750
We must never let the official discord learn of him, lest they turn his power to foul and unwholesome ends.
>>
>>85021908
Devs wanted to use the 2 vacant magical materials? Soul Steel for Umbrals and Adamant for Aurorals/Hearteaters.

>>85022214
Like more Janest art?
>>
>>85021539
I don't doubt they will. Once they even have enough information to prove they exist.

>"No Ledaal Kara we haven't launched a wyld hunt because you spotted a ghost blooded."
>"BUT IT WAS A DARK EXA-"
>"There are a million and one explanations more likely than that."
>"But Ragara Men saw one too!"
>"Ragara Men saw someone in a cloud of smoke wearing black rip a mortal criminal in half. Again. Do you have ANY idea how many things that could be other than some crazy new type of exalt no one has seen before?"
>"There are reports going back cent-"
>"There are reports going back centuries of everything you can think of and more anathema false alarms than weather reports. If it glows gold or silver we'll look into it."
>>
>>85021849
Solars = hunters
Lunars = werewolves
Sidereals = mages
Dragon Blooded = kuei jin
Abyssals = vampires

This is where Exalted came from. It doesn't suddenly become shit game design when Umbrals and Liminals are announced.
>>
>>85022272
NTA, The more distant an exalt is from their inspiration the better.
Lunars suffered a lot because of it.
>>
>>85022289
I agree. But it doesn't change the fact that exalted was made in this process.
>>
>>85022242
>"There are a million and one explanations more likely than that."
I feel like this is something that a lot of players underestimate, due to how player-facing exaltation is. Exalted make up roughly 0.0046% of the population, and the vast majority of that is concentrated among the elite of the Blessed Isle and Lookshy, meaning you can reduce the likelihood of encountering an Exalt in the wild by another 0 in most instances where you're not wandering into exalt-held territories. The vast, VAST majority of individuals that someone might suspect is an exalt are far more likely to be either a human-like god, elemental, or demon, or they're a spirit-blood, or they're a fae, or they're something that crawled up out of the underworld. The reason occultists encourage people to come and get them at the slightest hint of a high-end supernatural being is because the priests, monks, and sorcerers with training in the supernatural are the only people that can generally tell them apart at a glance, unless you literally have a god on hand.
>>
>>85022317
But also out grew it, Because of it Liminals are so out of place. You have to retcon the setting to make them fit.
>>
>>85022343
No you don't. Not even slightly. There are barely any. All they do is hunt the odd ghost or undead. Nothing significant changes.
>>
>>85022376
Underworld before the Neverborn? And some to justify the existence of the Dark Mother (If she isn't Crypt-mind)
>>
>>85022409
Didn't remember that first bit. It's not neccesary for liminals, they added it because they wanted to. Ignore it, just use cryptmind.
>>
>>85022242
Now we need one about a Hearteater being mistaken for a Sovereign.
>>
Admiral, assuming you had to adapt the nu exalts for 4ched lore, how would you do it?
>>
>>85022675
Exigents: Godblooded being boosted by endowment charms, I would expand the number of such charms for spirits.
Janest : make her more early sailor moon like, a klutz, self conscious, and a bit boy crazy.
Architects: as is, minus the exaltation part.
Puppet girl : as is, minus exaltation part.
Sovereigns : replace aesthetic with Inuit stuff, give them less raw power, make the dead incarnae have a plothook.

Liminals : Ghosts possessing their own corpses, getting fun powers from such an interaction. Main gimmick is they keep reviving after death.
Dream-Souled : mortal sorcerers tapping into the blind-dumb wyld-entity Ketu, gaining power in that way. Maybe make it a dreaming sea cult.
Umbrals : sorcerers with a spell that lets them weaponize their shadows, secretly a TeD charm making them all Akuma.
Heart Eaters - I might just keep them as is, let them return to their intended state if the manage to dip in the sovereign blood-pool, but with cracks in place of course.
>>
>>85022835
Of course, it goes without saying that their lore would need a major overhaul. But that's the basic ideas I have.
>>
>>85021538
>I find it hard to believe that the primordials never captured exaltations during the height of their power in the primordial war and then studied and corrupted it to create their own exalted.
You could say it was a matter of both ignorance and arrogance. They didn't understand the exact nature of their Exalted foes nor did they care to find out, until the very last moment when they got backed into a corner and imprisoned in the desecrated carcass of their king. Only then they got desperate enough to actually take a look at Exaltations and began to make preparations to capture some. I'm just rambling for the most part but that's one possible explanation.
>>
>>85022835
You could also include Ghost-Blooded, Elemental-blooded and so on under the Exigents category perchance. It'd save a lot of work and headaches.
>>
>Hearteater population.
>200~400, 20 active.
>Each can hypothetically have up to 10,000 pawns or five Size 5 battle groups.
>2.00.000~4.000.000 pawns or 1.000~2.000 Size 5 battle groups.
>>
>>85022994
They'd have to be Essence 5 first, though.
>>
>>85023017
It was just a thought exercise, like how an Essence 10 Hearteater with Heaven-Drinking Appetite can abuse spirits.
>>
>>85022917
True, I think I meant to say spirit blooded then, but typed out the more specific godblooded instead
>>
>>85015878
Someone made a good case for them being a line of earth aspected akuma that I really liked. I should have saved it as a greentext.
>>
File: swedenyes.png (285 KB, 536x383)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
>>85023124
>the true jade pleasure dome was destroyed in the Primordial war
>current one is just an E10 heart eater that nobody noticed
>>
>>85015878
its weird as it was rainbow fire in the descriptions, did some communication fuck up happen
>they didnt reply to the artist who sent in wips
>>
>>85018442
I don't but only because I'm refusing to acknowledge Exigentshit and everything connected to it on principle. If people can find something halfway entertaining about the hot mess that is 3e, good for them. I'm just hunkering down for the long, cold nights until Abyssals and Infernals is finally released.
>>
>>85017477
Behemoths? Unshaped? The more powerful gods, lesser elemental dragons or 2CDs? The few Hekatonkhieres we got writeups for? Logically 3CDs and greater elemental dragons too but the writers just gave up when it came to statting them.
>>
>>85020502
>Lunars...became the Infernals
Please don't make Infernals infinitely lamer than in canon like that.
>Yama King backed Solar Ghosts
Also uh, not up to date on the lore but what's this now? Is "Yama King" what you're calling the Deathlords in 4thed or are those losers from Kindred of the East somehow canon in 4thed?
>>
>>85021908
>darkness-related themes
So, did the Ebon Dragon charm set also do that? Hell, do Solar Night charms do that? God damn, these guys aren't even canon and you're getting mad.
>>
>>85021169
>>85021023
As someone who hates a lot of 3e, neither of these things sound terribly dumb. >>85021099 is right, the characters are not omniscient and if there really are a bajillion types of Exalted now it would make LESS sense if everyone knows everything about them all.

>"Hey Sidereal Bob, what do you know about Umbrals?"
>"I met one once a while back. Looked kind of stressed out, not sure what his deal is"
>"Poor guy. At least we know he's not a filthy Anathema because he glows different"

>"Holy shit, that green guy exudes power while kicking that village hard enough to turn it into a crater!"
>"Yeah! About as much power as a Solar!"

It's not rocket science, it's just in-universe ignorance and preconceptions.
>>
>>85023124
>E10 Hearteater
Explain further, I thought you just needed to be E5 to do shit to spirits. Why is E10 a big deal for Hearteaters? Because if they get tangible, gameplay bonuses for raising Essence levels instead of >muh personalised charms that automatically gives them an edge on Solars.
>>
>>85023525
>For ten motes and one Willpower, the Hearteater may attempt to claim a mortal human as a pawn. His Willpower can’t exceed (higher of her Essence or 3) and he must have a Major or Defining Tie towards the Hearteater or something significant that is closely associated with her, like a Tie toward her kingdom or a Principle of belief in the heterodox Immaculate sect she preaches. She rolls ([Charisma or Manipulation] + [Occult, Performance, or Presence]) with (her target’s Intimacy) non-Charm successes as a unique influence roll against his Resolve. If she succeeds, she claims him as a pawn. If she fails, she can’t use this power on him again for the rest of the story. A Hearteater can have at most (Essence + Willpower) pawns at one time

This, combined with the charms that let them pawn virtually anything that isn't another Exalted. Exalts are the only beings that aren't able to be claimed by Hearteaters that meet the essence+willpower minimums.
>>
>>85023570
>Large scale effects that scale with rising Essence
Haha, wow. Solars really are going to get powercreeped by the time we get to Infernals and Abyssals.
>>
>>85023595
>Quench the Hated Light
>Cost: 1m; Mins: Essence 1
>Type. Permanent
>The long struggle against the wicked light has honed the razor's edge of Hell and the Underworld against the Solar Champions. Any Solar within (Essence*100)km of the bearer of this charm dies immediately.
>>
>>85023471
Eh, like I said I haven't thought about them much yet. Not since Pact-Infernals was vetoed by the thread that is.

As for the Yama Kings, I'm reusing the names and basically nothing else. The underworld is divided into 12 judicial courts and governing bodies that are collectively ruled by the Yama Emperor. Being both a literal and figurative dead end job, spirits are only ever assigned there as punishment for something they did in the celestial bureau.

The Yama Emperor is a non-nonsense, strict as can be taskmaster workaholic who relentless drills and organizes the work of his underlings. As a result, the underworld bureau is is positively good shape, if incredibly understaffed by actual spirits. To fill ranks, the Yama Kings recruit promising ghosts to their military and logistical branches, which most of the first age solars accepted (if they didn't sublimate immediately that is.) Backed by a truly enormous quantity of grave goods and centuries of experience, these exalted recruits typically make for excellent members of the chthonic bureau.

Due to being so few in number (no more that 12, with maybe 20 underling spirits apiece), the Yama Kings receive a comparatively large share of worship from Yu-Shan provisioning, meaning that most of them are quite a bit higher essence than average spirits. This combined with the Yama Emperor's relentless drilling and training means that they are actually rather stupid competent as far as spirits go.

This is required, because they are the direct opposition to the Deathlords, and are responsible for handling rogue ghosts, Hekatonkhires, the protection of Lethe, and the wardenship of those mortals who find themselves in the underworld, usually through a shadowland. Recently (700 years ago) the court of the 12th Yama King had the boundary between it and creation torn entirely, and the two crashed together ruinously. Now occupying the same actual space, the 12th Yama King has to manage two sets of foreign policy.
>>
>>85020502
>Abyssals are what happens when you turn a solar inside out, so an equivalent to such will have to be made for lunars (who were also sealed within the jade prison in this lore).
I could see making the argument that Underworld Lunars wouldn't be meaningfully different since the inversion of the sun which gives light and life is a void that grants death, while an inversion of the moon seems like it would just be a different moon phase, like full moon to no moon. The only thing I could think of is making them Creatures of Death and have Resonance instead of the Great Curse. You could reflavor their Wyld stuff to be Underworld related, but unless you're planning to expand on the Wyld connection with normal Lunars, it really wouldn't matter in the end.
If you have some neat ideas for them though, you should totally go for it. I'm honestly just blanking on what an inverted death moon would be.
>Alternatively, we can say that Lunars and their transformative properties when on to be claimed by the yozi, and became the Infernals, thus we can have them be the corrupted equivalents of each.
Infernal Lunars being based off demons instead of the Yozis is obvious but actually really cool. There are so many different kinds of demons with weird and interesting abilities. You could build a tree around whatever the equivalent of Craft (Genesis) would be off of neoma fleshweaving and the way stomach bottle bugs mold flesh. Other Charm ideas that come to mind are things like screaming demons into existence with a Charm based off of how blood apes reproduce, or their spirit killing Charm turning people into stars like Orabilis does when he touches people who have broken Cecelyne's laws.
>>
>>85018931
Is legendary size really Kaiju big? What I’m reading makes it seem big but not a giant monster.
>>
>>85023816
"Legendary Size" is anything above the size of a male white rhino, so about 15 feet long with the bulk to back it up. Technically, legit kaiju like that still fall under Legendary Size, but the one creature we know of that got statted as that big has unique mechanics for attacking specific body parts, given it's too large for "I attack the creature" to make much sense, as you're too small to attack the entire being at once.
>>
>>85023636
Based.

>>85023768
>vetoed
That's a relief.

>reusing the names and basically nothing else
>lore about Yu Shan doing something about the Underworld
And that sounds really neat.
>>
>>85022331
*This*. Throw a thousand Liminals into the underworld and it'd still be a long time before anyone in Creation even knew the name. Have 200 umbrals running around and the Dragon Blooded aren't likely to consider even the most obvious and destructive ones unique from Abyssals. *Why would they?* The differences are mechanical, thematic and in the origins and nature of their powers, things which aren't likely to be obvious in a fistfight. The guy's shadow shows up? Big whoop, it's a ghost possessing him. Or maybe that Abyssal resonance thing that's going around.

Them being made by a rogue incarnae may even ingratiate them with the bronze faction, as they might assume the umbrals will war with the lunars and solars.
>>
File: Beloved Adorei.jpg (548 KB, 1896x2460)
548 KB
548 KB JPG
>>85011391
>>
>>85024186
Pfffft.
>>
>>85024186
Okay, that's a good one.
>>
>>85024186
Would have preferred bigger tatas but I am still appeased. You may live yet artchad.
>>
>>85024186
I love Adorei's concept but it's charms are lame.
>>
>>85023453
which hekatonkheires did we get writeup for
>vodak
and thast all i can recall
>>
>>85012875
I'm going in order of "fastest to longest" here
>>
>>85024364
The Infinite Prison (Compass: Underworld). Loras, the Death Sun (Black and White Treatsies, necromancy section). The Kraken (1e core. I think).
>>
File: Smug Dukantha.jpg (1.65 MB, 3000x4000)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
>>85013402
>>
File: Quick Heart-Eater.jpg (1.33 MB, 3000x4000)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>85015371
>>
>>85022331

That's why only exalts have anima though.
>>
>>85024795
Sure, but does Joe Farmer, the average dude who's never dealt with a god, elemental, demon, fae, exalt, ghost, or behemoth know about that?
>>
>>85024891
Sure, but does Joza McImmaculate, the average Immaculate Monk who's been sitting in a cadrehouse studying Anathema, managing Contacts, and practicing martial arts know about that?

He's the one we're talking about, after all. It's not 'the general response' to Exigents, it's the Immaculate response. I think Mr Average Immaculate Monk should be able to tell an Exalt from a god, elemental, demon, fae, ghost, or behemoth the moment their anima starts glowing.
>>
>>85024943
>in a cadrehouse studying Anathema
Yeah, he actually would, since his studies into gods, exalts, and anathema gives him a basis in occult knowledge. Which is why Joe Farmer goes and grabs the local monk to let him know what the proper response to this supernatural gribbly is. But that doesn't mean it's common knowledge, and even then your average monk who only has one dot of occult and two dots of intelligence might fumble the knowledge roll.
>>
>>85024991
>even then your average monk who only has one dot of occult and two dots of intelligence might fumble the knowledge roll.
I think it's a little bit cringe to make Dragonblood roll to remember that anima = Exalted. Doesn't that seem like a 'walking across the room' type action to you, or do they forget they can damage everything around them if they spend too many motes too?

I think you might also underestimate the competence of local specialists. People aren't going to have to travel and/or send mail several hundred miles to the local chapter house because the local 2/2 or 3/2 hedge witches and exorcists and suchlike are going to be able to identify Exalted as different from other things too.
>>
>>85025037
>Dragonblood
okay, here's your mistake - McRandom Monk is not a dragon-blood. He's a mortal monk. They have those in the world, you know? Exalts can't be everywhere at all times. That's literally the entire point behind the 0.0046% of the population statistic; the vast majority of people in Creation will never encounter an exalt, even if their lives get affected by them blowing shit up just over the horizon.
>>
>>85025052
Wyld Hunt investigators are Dragonblood, or directly lead by them in the field. The Hunt makes heavy use of mortal diviners and seers, and benefit from the All-Seeing Eye's informants, but when they get their starting information and decide to start go investigating, their Inquisitors are Dragonblood and they can tell the difference.
>>
>>85025151
That has no bearing on what we're discussing, though. That's just a goalpost shift. We're talking about random fuckers in the boonies identifying exalts. Some supernatural bugger asks to stay the night at a local farmhouse, the farmer's going to go ask the local monk - almost certainly a small temple with no exalted in attendance - what's what with this new visitor to town. Then?
>Monk has to see the supernatural being's powers for himself and report on them
>Monk has to give an accurate description of the powers
>Messenger has to make it to someone who actually has clout
>Person with clout has to decide whether this rumor they just received is worth following up on
>Whoever gets sent has to examine the situation for themselves
>Either the sent individual deals with it themselves, or sends in for backup
>Yet another messenger needs to make it there, if they need backup
>Wyld Hunt is finally called
There's a lot of points of failure for a wyld hunt if those with divination and sorcery aren't keeping an eye on the subject. At any point in this chain, a message might not be sent, might not arrive, or might be discarded. Hell, with the civil war brewing, even fairly substantiated reports of lunar or solar anathema are being ignored in favor of military buildup for the inevitable 11-way rumble on the Blessed Isle, and the Sidereals are struggling to hold the world together as everything spirals into chaos because the main arm of their peacekeeping force - the legions of the Realm - just went and started getting ready to kill each other

And even in the days when wyld hunts weren't stretched thin as shit due to brewing political drama, those earlier points of failure still existed. What happens if the supernatural entity just convinces the local mortal monk they're not an issue? The monk's just a mortal, chances are he won't resist that kind of influence, and so much can happen that prevents it from becoming known to the movers and shakers.
>>
>>85025186
Also a person who does something supernatural and gets reported can leave and/or stop doing supernatural stuff and deny accusations.

>"He was glowing yesterday! GLOW DAMNIT!"
>>
If Getmians are just Siddies from nonexistant alternate realities, why are they waging a "shadow war" against Heaven?
>>
>>85025333
>Getmians are just Siddies from nonexistant alternate realities
Well... because they aren't. Their mechanics are nega-sids, but their actual exaltation and why they're chosen is wholly different. The reason they're waging a shadow war against Heaven is because a Sidereal Elder largely managed to convince them that Heaven is to blame for their failures, and he's really quite good at being convincing, having had over 5000 years to learn social charms. It's why they have some other Sidereals as part of the mix as well.
>>
>>85025186
No, you shifted goalposts to begin talking about Joe Farmer here >>85024891 and I pointed it out.

To engage with your shifted goalposts anyway, you've inserted a bunch of lines that don't have to happen, and apparently think local monks reporting to chapter houses is how the Wyld Hunt gets its information. Again, the Wyld Hunt gets its leads through direct divination and All-Seeing Eye informers.

>Monk has to see the supernatural being's powers for himself and report on them
No, they don't. The Wyld Hunt treats Anathema sightings carefully by default. Investigating alone without sending out information first is absolutely not how they do things.
>Monk has to give an accurate description of the powers
If they didn't observe the powers being used directly, no, they don't. They simply act as informants, and send their report.
"The Anathema are too dangerous and the work of the Hunt too important to risk harriers traipsing off on their own without backup and support." - Cult of the Illuminated.
>Messenger has to make it to someone who actually has clout
Information moves quickly in the Realm and local Threshold, between heliograph and communication magic, both of which are employed by the Wyld Hunt.
>Person with clout has to decide whether this rumor they just received is worth following up on
>Whoever gets sent has to examine the situation for themselves
Actually, they pass it on to the savants and seers to get more information first. Tip-offs like this are generally followed up on with further co-ordinated investigation from All-Seeing Eye agents, yes. This is the main fail-state stage, but if an appearance is loud enough to be troubling, there are two+ Anathema, or there's any signs of a cult, the local chapter investigates directly and the Hunt is on immediately.

>What happens if the supernatural entity just convinces the local mortal monk they're not an issue?
This is why the Wyld Hunt doesn't rely on local monks for info.
>>
>>85025356
You seem to be under the impression that 100 Sidereals and what few of the dragon-bloods are actually concerned with this are enough to maintain a Big Brother spy network over the entirety of Creation (which has more landmass than planet Earth, remember), and also have the capacity and will to send a wyld hunt after every situation that crops up. If that was the case, the Deathlords wouldn't be near unknowns, they'd know everything there is to know about the Abyssals, and every local temple would have a relatively complete overview of how every different sort of exalt works. That's not really the case, and also I think you severely overestimate how fast messages can travel along country roads in the underdeveloped backwoods.
>>
>Expected Exigents to be shit
>Considered Exigents as a concept to be shit
>Expected thread to regard them as shit
>Actually some of the concepts and ideas talked about here are kind of interesting
Well, that's a pleasant surprise I suppose. I'm still alienated from Exigents and their ilk to avoid rewarding the devs by CONSOOMING but at least the charms are good inspiration for how non-Exalted enemies fit for Solars' powers could work.
>>
Group of relatively high-tech (for the AoS) mutants who have expanded lifespans and exalted healing. Previously lived in a bordermarch sustained by a failing reality engine, led an exodus into Creation, settled in ENE of creation after bypassing the Halta and Linowans. Develop a serious grudge, kept in check by their relatively tiny numbers. Most stay in their new home, some with awakened essence go out as traders and explorers. Life becomes about rebuilding, having more kids, preserving gheir people and culture. Founded about.. ten years pre empress vanishing. Then one Exalts as a solar when the Prison cracks.

Too on the nose?
>>
>>85025409
Eh, as long as they aren't also handpicked by the Guild to handle their finances or somesuch it's OK in my book.
>>
File: 1655560814736.gif (1.14 MB, 250x250)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB GIF
>>85025432
>>
>>85025375
>You seem to be under the impression that 100 Sidereals and what few of the dragon-bloods are actually concerned with this are enough to maintain a Big Brother spy network over the entirety of Creation (which has more landmass than planet Earth, remember), and also have the capacity and will to send a wyld hunt after every situation that crops up. If that was the case, the Deathlords wouldn't be near unknowns, they'd know everything there is to know about the Abyssals, and every local temple would have a relatively complete overview of how every different sort of exalt works.
So now it's a question of whether or not the situation seems feasible? Okay. I can see that being a reasonable complaint, but I think you might also underestimate how many Dragonblood are still fully invested in the Immaculate Order and the Wyld Hunt for reasons that aren't purely political. Even with the Great Houses pulling resources back to the Blessed Isle, the chapters still have massive stockpiles of hard assets. It's mainly their Dragonblood numbers and liquid resources that've taken hits. Their informants haven't disappeared, and their seers are if anything more effective than normal as the Bronze Faction starts putting more work into supporting them with seeded information. They still have All-Seeing Eye agents to do most of their preliminary fact-finding, and they're not running out of the fodder they use to blunt the Anathema on either.

>That's not really the case, and also I think you severely overestimate how fast messages can travel along country roads in the underdeveloped backwoods.
I don't doubt the initial message might take a while to get places if it's coming from somewhere other than a major city. Usually that'd be as far as they travel by foot, though. If nothing else, I'm sure that once that kind of information hits a city it can travel by messenger pigeon or something instead.
>>
>>85021453
the NPCs are already fucking psychic about Infernals being anathema rather than strange Exigents.
>>
>>85025476
Yeah, the feasibility of this is what I've been debating for the entire time.

I think we've both laid out our points adequately and it's pretty late on my end (2:30 AM already) so I think I should probably leave it there, with the acknowledgement that you have good points, even if I'm more convinced about what I said than what you said. It's all ST fiat at the end of the day anyways.
>>
>>85024460
Absolutely based.
>>
>>85023768
I like the idea. The celestial bureaucracy deals with concepts and death is one of them. Although gods don't spawn in the Underworld I can clearly see that various death deities can fit in there and fill in the gaps as punishment or using ghosts, who aren't mortal so via loophole they can be members.
>>
>>85023768
I like the idea. The celestial bureaucracy deals with concepts and death is one of them. Although gods don't spawn in the Underworld I can clearly see that various death deities can fit in there and fill in the gaps by sending gods there as punishment or using ghosts, who aren't mortal so via loophole they can be members.
At least it gives more variety to the Underworld
>>
>>85025432
I didn't realise how Jewy that sounded, actually. I was swinging for Black Numenorean. Same same, I guess.
>>
>>85022893
It's a reasonable explanation.
I guess I just don't like the idea of corruptible exaltations, especially not without some dramatic event like death and an incarnae and the subsequent curse or something similar to the death curses of the slain primordials (or during the game a big event that kills them). characters can do or avoid, not something that happens off camera; also the Great Curse and the curse that transformed the hearteaters both involved the deaths of beings of immense power, which is an interesting topic). Especially when you could get to the same point with just a little change.
Personal tastes and all that. In the end, the setting does not change either if it is done.
>>
File: Merchant and the Coat.jpg (129 KB, 588x760)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
You DO realise you can't just beat The Guild, right? No matter how many times you try and kill them, you end up hurting yourself and your loved ones.
>>
>>85025715
[laughs in Heartstealer as I make Guild leaders into pawns]
>>
>>85025759
Shit, Hearteaters are uniquely structured to fuck up the Guild, aren't they?
>>
>>85025771
>mfw the ONLY exalt in the game capable of taking on the guild.
>>
>>85025715
>Looks at you funny as an Eclipse Caste

And…you’re bankrupt.
>>
>>85025818
>another set of Guild Factors bankrupt you, hire Hobgoblins to fuck your wife and if you even think about bankrupting them the entire local economic system crashes and thousands die.
>>
>>85025715
>Be Legendary Size Lunar
>can't be blackmailed because I don't have a home, have burned all my bridges with my Great House family because my Exaltation makes me 24/7 unreasonably angry at the Realm for no good reason and haven't been in contact with civilisation for 6 months because I've been taking shrooms in the Caul which my Elder insists is going to cause something very important to happen any day now

>>85025771
Hearteaters are uniquely structured to fuck up Solars because they command legions of Hammerchads, and eventually Demon/God Hammerchads
>>
>>85021697
>Everyone spends BP on minion-based backgrounds in chargen
>"So we're playing the Guild"
>"...you mean you're playing characters heavily involved with the Guild?"
>"I mean that we're the Guild"
>>
>>85025841
Okay I’ll just call for an opposed check for that and…I have 20+ dice you have about six, so unfortunately none of that happens.
>>
>>85025945
>if you even think about bankrupting them the entire local economic system crashes and thousands die.
>I’ll just call for an opposed check for that
You don't get to call for opposed checks to the consequences of your actions, Solar Anon. That's not how the game works.
>>
>>85025870
>guild pays the Silver Pact to rape you
Nice try
>>85025945
>I roll an opposed check to make sure my actions don't have consequences
Not how the game works, there are no "rule wisely" charms.
>>
>>85025985
>The Usurpation happened because maddened by the Great Curse, the First Age Solars assumed they could call for opposed checks to the consequences of their actions
>>
>>85025985
>>85025989
I'm pretty sure you can call for an opposed check to make sure your actions don't have bad consequences. You aren't playing someone with Bureaucracy 1 after all, you're playing a Bureaucracy 5 genius who understands the world of finance and economic systems really well.
>>
>>85025986
>pays the Silver Pact to rape you
Fool, I'm a Lunar. You think RAPE is the most embarrassing thing to happen to me on any given day? Like bonobos, rape is how strong Lunars say hello to weak Lunars.

I regularly roll around in my own shit while thinking mean thoughts about the Realm, and delude myself into thinking that I'm about to enact grand campaigns of war and conquest after either fucking animals or smearing my blood on them which is arguably more degrading. You have no leverage on me, because there is literally no further I can fall in life than Being A Lunar.
>>
>>85026004
You could always be a Guild harem-warrior-slave. The Guild Factor offers you a bargain. You become his slave, and he'll think about making Dragonblood pay at his stores.
>>
>>85026013
I accept the bargain while legitimately considering it a great step forwards in my eventual plan to conquer the Realm and scrap my original genius idea of throwing my own shit at the Realm’s garrisons while blowing raspberries, having already cunningly developed a mighty E5 charm that lets me enjoy rape just like how Lilith has a mighty E5 charm to be an owl. The joke’s on you. Once again Luna’s Chosen survive against the odds.
>>
>>85025986
>>85025989
Speaking as a Storyteller with an Eclipse in the party, yes, if your actions take place at the scale of organizational commands over a period of time that isn't immediate, I would permit various rolls to notice or interfere with your action, as this is the entire function of bureaucracy. I make a point to try to minimize 'and then your enemy shows up with a tremendous amount of resources with no warning' simply because the player controls his own resources and those could potentially be leveraged to recognize or delay any such action. So in regard to your specific examples-

No, you could not simply bankrupt the Eclipse without some manner of opposed roll to out-do him in business. Yes, you could send people to rape his wife, but if he had any kind of security or surveillance in place at all, it'd shift to stealth rolls and potential combat, or if your men had to travel a long distance to get to within raping distance, his men might notice them in transport via word of mouth or messengers. As to the economy collapsing, that would only be the case if the collapse is the direct logical outcome of his interfering in your business and couldn't be overcome by any move on his part. Unless that is the case this would roll back around to your bureaucracy versus his.
>>
>>85026002
That is really, sincerely, now how Exalted works either mechanically or thematically. Your Bureaucracy score can mean that you can judge the consequences of your actions more aptly, and it leaves you with more ability to make meaningful changes occur as a result of your actions, but it doesn't let you eliminate consequence. You can take further actions to mitigate the consequences, and those actions will tend to have consequences as well.

Exalted have no ability to guarantee that they are 'Doing the right thing,' or 'Avoiding trouble down the line,' or even 'Doing things that are productive'. They are only guaranteed that their incredibly power will make them effective at what they set their mind to.

Kill the Guildsman, and the economy crashes. Fix the economy, and civil war breaks out. Restore order, and you're told to leave as an element of chaos. Force everybody to accept you, and become king, with corrupt nobles at your back. Redeem the nobles, and their family is concerned about the sudden change in character. Convince their families you're a good guy, and you've spawned a conspiracy working against you. Stamp out the conspiracy, and...

It goes on. You can make the world a better place, but you can also never run out of things to do, and eventually you'll find something you aren't willing to challenge because you can see the consequences and they're worse than the fix and the world will finally be able to settle down to something like stability. You'll never have perfection, because the core conceit of the game is that you are playing flawed heroes. The world would be dreadfully boring if it was otherwise, no?
>>
>>85026074
This is an overly excessive driving of the point. Yes actions have consequences. No, not every display of glorious power will produce further problems, though some certainly will.
>>
>>85026074
Anon, "no rule well charms" means that the charms by definition do not automatically mean you rule well. You severely misunderstand how the 'actions have consequences' system is meant to play out.

The game does not take the position that you can't mitigate or alter consequences of your actions so long as it is within your remit.

If you do well on a Medicine roll, the result is it WORKED and it'd be pretty shitty if the 'consequence' is that you've accidentally just killed the guy. That's the remit of Medicine.

If you do well on a Bureaucracy roll to bankrupt a Guildsmen, you are not disbarred from also doing a check to mitigate or eliminate the economic consequences of the action. That's the remit of Bureaucracy.

It is the mark of a shitty Storyteller to say that these successful actions magically quantum ogre into causing huge issues, rather than there being a whole slew of issues that need addressing. You have sincerely fallen for the "actions have consequences" meme that seemingly only applies to Bureaucracy and never to any other skill, no matter how at odds it is with how the game presents that skill to begin with.
>>
>>85026116
I was talking to my Infernal's player the other day on this topic. He was suggesting that the Camarilla or Technocratic Union [I run ExWoD] could go after my Eclipse's business. I explained how that would simply not work, as any action they could take on the purely business side of things would result in opposed checks that he would win, followed by bureaucratic charms against those conspiracies. I went on to say they would [of course] murder him violently for doing so, and compared it to the Infernal picking up a building and crashing it into the sea. YES she could do so, but the consequence would be dire. But no one could stop her from doing it. In the same light, any fight on the field of paperwork is one the Eclipse would win. The consequences would be the actions of non-Extras leaving the field of paperwork for the field of battle.

Hilariously my Eclipse is presently in a tunnel in New York surrounded by dozens of armed killer robots in black unmarked helicopters so...probably a bit prophetic in hindsight.
>>
>>85026074
>>85026087
>>85026116

Sounds like the life of the protagonist of Wheel of the Time. Which is a good thing, because it's one of the works that best captures the essence of Exalted that I've ever read.
Immense power, a curse threatening to drive him insane, and no way of knowing if his actions will have positive or negative effects, only the certainty that they will have enormous consequences on the world and those who live in it.
>>
How the fuck do you even handle bureaucracy in games where we IRL are not bureaucrats, at least with good swording, medicine and craft there's lots of abstractions and we aren't expected to know the nitty gritty but it seems like with bureaucracy you need to know the nitty gritty.
>>
>>85026153
Perhaps they could try to infiltrate and subvert the organization from within? It's not guaranteed to work, but it's a possibility. I think that was what the Technocracy tried to do with Pentex canonically.
If nothing else, at least it would give an interesting story while persecuting and eliminating the infiltrators.
>>
>>85026183
"I want to do X with this organization. So I'll use this charm."
>>
>>85026116
>The game does not take the position that you can't mitigate or alter consequences of your actions so long as it is within your remit.
I did say "You can take further actions to mitigate the consequences, and those actions will tend to have consequences as well," and then give a rather long description of what that could mean.
>If you do well on a Bureaucracy roll to bankrupt a Guildsmen, you are not disbarred from also doing a check to mitigate or eliminate the economic consequences of the action. That's the remit of Bureaucracy.
Admittedly I started with killing the Guildsman rather than bankrupting him, but I gave an example of how consequences could flow from this and how you could go about mitigating or altering these consequences.
>If you do well on a Medicine roll, the result is it WORKED and it'd be pretty shitty if the 'consequence' is that you've accidentally just killed the guy. That's the remit of Medicine.
I didn't at any point indicate that a consequence for success would or could be failure. I would say that there could be consequences in that you're now known as someone who can heal, that healing the wrong guy could create enemies for you, or even that you've restored a man who can later go on to be a witness for your good person when you are brought on trial.

I may not have given examples for it before that, but broader consequences can be positive beyond the direct result of your actions, too. Some smaller, less far-reaching actions might not have consequences that appear in your game, either. But when you go ballistic and/or do something incredible, I think that something should come of it more than just success, even if only a long way down the line.

>>85026183
You say, "I want this to happen," and the Storyteller judges how difficult it is. You roll against that Difficulty to make it happen. If you're lucky, or ask, the Storyteller might tell you what kind of knockon effect that could have.
>>
>>85026183
A fuck ton of reading up on historical economic events in my experience.
The South Sea Company is pretty good to study for some outlier cases of bureaucratic shenanigans
>>
>>85026201
>>85026203
>>85026193
Yeah but it seems like with bureaucracy especially I might accidentally starve out my entire kingdom, shouldn't I know that stuff would happen?
>>
>>85026183
Idk how the core games handle it, but for my ExWoD campaign I divided it into a hand-ful of simple subsystems for making money, noticing your enemies in the organizational stage of an attack, damaging institutions, and effecting change in institutions [or preventing change]. Amongst a few other things. Everything outside the handful of defined bureaucratic actions is handled by roleplay. Lastly, I give characters of sufficient intelligence or charisma one 'Retroactive Action' per Story. Stole the idea from QE.
>>
>>85026156
WoT on a reread is a wonderful little book. If only for the way that it has so much foreshadowing you'd never notice on first reading, and the way the characters act - Rand freaking out that his boots might be Aes Sedai work instead of a good cobbler early. It's obvious it's all planned. Shame his plan looks like a greek translation of the bible later on.
>>
>>85026219
If you botch it, sure. And botch hard on a related roll, like, say, food distribution.
>>
>>85026232
But it sounds like even if I succeed, if it's the wrong idea then it could cause a huge consequence like that...
>>
>>85026186
My golden rule for everything is 'there is always an opposed check'. This applies to everything. If an action or supernatural power would harm a character, that character gets to [at least potentially] roll some kind of action to oppose it. It doesn't matter if its mind control, car bombs, sniper rifles, turning people into ducks, or subverting someone's business, there is always some manner of opposition possible. That's my golden rule for running the game. If the infiltrators are doing it 'off-screen' during down-time, it'd be handled by some kind of Ability check opposed by the same by the infiltrators or their handlers to become moles in the company. If it was happening 'on-screen', it'd be resolved through the typical stealth, perception, investigation and so on. The former are much more likely to be Extras anyway. But I would NEVER just, without fanfare, announce that a mole had gotten into a character's organization without any form of chance of detection.
>>
>>85026219
Starvation isn't a huge threat in Creation for most places, thankfully. They have like two-three growing seasons per year compared to our one, and don't have any extra winter to balance that out. Just a really long summer.

That being said, yes. Bureaucracy actions can have unintended consequences. What your Storyteller should be saying in those cases is, "Because of these several factors XYZ, there's now a food crisis and your people are starving. Here are some ways you could go about fixing that:" and then presents some ways you could go about fixing that. In 3e, I like to do most Bureaucracy projects as extended actions and points where there are problems as single roll resolution, so your ST might ask for a Socialize roll to work out a treaty with a neighbour to support your food supplies, or go for War to work out a border skirmish, or Larceny to talk with gangs in a nearby city that could smuggle you stuff, and so on. Storytellers generally won't tell you all of your options because they won't be able to think of them all, and you at that point start using your brain meats to ask your ST "Hey, could I XYZ instead?" to, iunno, Performance Oratory up a crowd in the city and send them to the fields, or do a Working that fixes the problem, or just go on a one-man-crusade against that neighboring kingdom with only the strength of your sword to take what your people need.

Anywho, abstraction helps. I recommend it. Look at Essence's Venture system for what I think is a really good take on Bureaucracy (though Consequences should apply more often, I think).
>>
>>85026221
I like the retroactive intelligence thing, I just wish I knew how to model that for certain charms in QE.
>>
>>85026249
My assumption is that differences of ideology or OOC knowledge should never result in bad consequences. Communism for instance, is retarded. But its also a really cool aesthetic with some fervent believers. So a Solar could make it work, and work well, and work as well as whatever I the Storyteller decide is a more 'reasonable' economic system. Any outcomes that are negative should be more to the effect of angering your enemies, or asking the player to intentionally prioritize production of one thing over another and explaining the fall-out of that, or or or.
>>
>>85026299
This. You should try not to punish a player for not meticulously outlining their emote like wishing from a bad Genie.
>>
>>85026291
My way causes a few plot holes, but I count it as a 'hung action'. The character rolls an Ability and 'saves' the result, and at any point in the same Story they can tap it and explain what they did with that Ability, as long as it doesn't overly contradict the current Scene. Any Charms to enhance the action occur at the initial activation. This causes some plot holes, since they could have activated the Excellence two days ago but did the action ten minutes ago, but it saves me having to retroactively check if the player had enough Essence at the time the action would have taken place, or explain why anima didn't flare if it should have. If I need a handwave I say the player probably 'planned' the action when the Excellence or other Charms were active but didn't do it till later.
>>
>>85026334
That's a fun enough idea, thanks anon.
>>
>>85026299
>My assumption is that differences of ideology or OOC knowledge should never result in bad consequences.
I'm >>85026280 and the above should apply as well, though I don't necessarily agree with limiting negative outcomes. Just describe them and what might be needed to overcome them and generally you should be fine. It's more that bringing IRL concepts into Exalted is often terrible.

To all those people who say, "Psychology doesn't work like that," "Communism never works," or "Punching someone who is grappling you so hard they go to the skyline should not send you both flying," I say they need a warm welcome to Exalted and to stop being bitches. We're here to party, not discuss realism.
>>
>>85026228
1.201 / 5.000
Resultados de traducción
Certainly one of the best parts is how everything was planned and even the last insignificant detail can be a clue of things to come.
It's possibly my favorite work of fantasy. It was even before I discovered Exalted and I'm always surprised it's not in the Suggested Resources section of the corebook. Because it touches on a multitude of themes prevalent in exalted and treats them almost exactly like the game, Fate, past lives, inescapable madness and damnation, no matter how much power one has there is no guarantee of making the right choice, an ancient era of wonder and splendor with magitech, massive geopolitical changes that totally destroy the preexisting status quo, creation of kingdoms and empires with everything that coyeva and even being a patron of the arts and science.
Maybe if 4chan edition has a Suggested resources section they will put it there. Hopefully, Wheel of Time deserves it.
It's certainly not light reading though, with so many huge books to read, but it certainly deserves it.
There is also a TV series there but for now it only has one season and it shows that they have had to compress a lot and that covering only the first book, more or less.
>>
>>85026390
I think we're on the same page. I'm fine with negative outcomes, but I think we're both in agreement they should be outcomes that result from universally 'logical' reasons, not ideological or 'fact-based' ones. Unless the movement for cause to effect is immediate, there's room for Exalted awesome to fill in the blanks and make it work.
>>
>>85026249
If you succeed on the wrong idea. Yes. But the wrong idea isn't something like 'rework trade for greater profits, oops, I accidentally an entire nation by sending off all the food', it's 'Send all the food off to our neighbours'.
>>
>>85026390
Exalted is a flat world full of people with magical powers and supernatural beings, which is more than enough argument to support that what doesn't work in the real world can work perfectly in Creation.
>>
Man, all this gaming talk makes me really sad I have Exalted game
>>
>>85026402
>>85026434
Sounds about right to me.

>>85026430
And this example sums up my feelings. Good immediate results, but the consequences should naturally flow. Stunting everything to give context helps a lot.
>>
>>85026221
>>85026291
>>85026363
> 'Retroactive Action' per Story. Stole the idea from QE.
I stole it from nWoD, so the cycle continues.

Anyway, for retroactive action charms you just need Supernatural and Paced to determine the amount of backward time available.
However, I urge you to make preparations charms into actual preparations instead. It is much more satisfying when a player actually prepares a thing or a plan, and then gets to use it. This is the ST's job tu suggest and utilize such preparations, if necessary. Retroactive actions are less interesting in that regard, and more meta-gamin mechanic, which is better avoided.

Alternatively, when you make an action the result of which is not certain, just note what dice pool and effect it had, and roll it only if and when it becomes relevant. The resources are spent at the moment of activation, of course, not resolution, so you do not suddenly run out of motes when a plan comes through for some reason. Motes should also be treated as an in-universe things, not a meta-currency. This is another reason I dislike retroactive charms: it makes no sense to spend motes on them when they resolve.
>>
>>85026434
>tfw you overthrow Comrade Stalin only to find out the only reason your gay luxury space communism worked was because he was bribing the gods of economics with profits he made selling the souls of half the unborn children in the land to Mask of Winters and putting 'blanks' in them, so they'd make the Pattern Spiders not enforce fates relating to supply and demand on your consumer base and prop up the whole charade of metaphysioeconomic huckstering that is your country.
>And then he invades Ukraine.
>>
>>85026460
No I intentionally did the opposite. ANY character can plan, and my party does, often. But every once in a while there's situations where a PC really would have thought of something their player didn't. So I give everyone one such mulligan per story. More importantly, it gives me license to asspull with my genius NPCs by pointing to the rules and saying 'You see guys, this vampire elder's highly contrived back-up is his Retroactive Action!'

And then all the players see his INT 7 and let me get away with Storytelling murder all because of a line in a PDF I put there myself!
>>
>>85026490
Positively fiendish!
>>
>>85026460
I think certain retroactive charms are interesting to have in moderation, perhaps combined with making a plan or what you're doing 'vague'. I could imagine an Eclipse who says "I spend some time in the city sending letters to partners for the future" later on being able to benefit from a sudden arrival of a Guild Caravan precisely where he needs it, even if the player OOCly didn't know the location ahead of time.

Meanwhile, Dual Magnus Pranas are way too out of kilter.
>>
>>85026469
Who are the Sidereals in this metaphor?
>>
>>85026681
Jews.
>>
>>85023301
In theory, they can do it to all 3rd circles of a primordial.
>>
>>85026823
Little did the Yozi know they did not need to pursue a Reclamation. The Reclamation was coming to them.
>>
Why didn't Whitewall ever become a Satrapy? I know how they conned Chejop into shutting up, but not how the Realm was kept at bay.
>>
>>85026901
It's a massive pain to conquer and the Syndics are Omni Directional gods of good things, and they basically threatened the Empress that if you invade us, the Realm can say goodbye to Health and fortune, etc
>>
>>85026924
That was Chejop, not the Empress. He found out what they were doing, said 'lolno', they threatened to accidentally the entire Realm, Chejop hushed it up like a champ.
>>
>>85023834
So you could just save your beast form is kaiju size then? Or would you have to homebrew a charm.
>>
>>85026901
The Syndics played local enemies against each other to let Whitewall stand. To the Realm, Whitewall is almost more trouble than it's worth given it's close proximity to Marama's Fell and a large wyld zone, as well as the very Solar-aligned origins to the city. Whitewall, as it is, pays tribute, keeps those two dangers busy dealing with each other and a couple of high-level celestial gods instead of spreading out to harass the Slaver Coast (a stronghold of Realm satrapies), and in general doesn't make trouble. I think the Empress did very well with the city.
>>
>>85026870
Now I need a Essence 10 Hearteater using "Someone Else’s Life" against the Solaroids while surrounded by Conky, FaFL & Ligier.
>"See, your patrons said that Hearteaters are valid and canon exalted"
>>
>>85027031
In fairness, pretty much anything Essence 10 is going to be very spooky. Hearteaters are probably some of the least absurd on that front, because at least their peers that would in theory be vulnerable to their powers are going to have the mental defenses to defend themselves.
>>
All this talk about Hearteaters reminds me why Theft is such a terrifying power in Nobilis' setting.
>>
>>85027163
Every power is terrifying in Nobilis, used effectively. I could bring my Nobilis characters and come up against someone wielding a children's card game and I would be pretty spooked the moment they said IT'S TIME TO DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDUEL.
>>
>>85027206
Silence, gypsy. You'll not convince these people you are harmless in comparison in any context.
>>
>>85027206
To be fair, depending on the setting children's card games are at legitimate risk of sending you to the Shadow Realm forever. And I mean sure but Theft is just nasty. You can use Allegorical to recreate Fantasia's skit with the walking brooms, you can use Deepness to stop existing for a while but still eat a sandwich with some difficulty, but the core conceit of Theft is the ability to separate someone from something like their separation from everything else. Or their life energy. Or the ability to make the impossible, possible. That, and the fact that sometimes this happens to lots of people (or animals, or natural phenomena) at once for no particular reason.
>>
>>85027159
Yeah, Hearteaters can only bully low Essence spirits most of the time.

>Heaven-Drinking Appetite
>Cost: —(5m, 1wp); Mins: Essence 3
>Prerequisite Charms: God-Eater Supremacy
>The Hearteater subsumes conquered gods into her expansive existence, binding pantheons to sing her hosannas.
>When the Hearteater could permanently destroy a spirit with God-Eater Supremacy, she may pay five motes, one Willpower to claim it as a pawn instead. These pawns need not have an Intimacy to the Hearteater but must fall within the maximum Willpower she can claim (p. XX). A spirit counts as (its Essence) pawns towards the Hearteater’s maximum, and she can’t claim spirit pawns with an Essence higher than her own.
>If the Hearteater has Captive Hearts Mausoleum’s second purchase, she waives this Charm’s surcharge when she uses it to claim ghosts as pawns.
>>
>>85027159
Issue is Solars, Lunars and Dragonblooded don't get "big picture" effects in their charms that meaningfully benefit from a big fat Essence rating. At best a Solar rolls more dice or a Lunar gets tougher or a Dragonblooded fields a (situational) environmental effect that hits further (and is ludicrously easy to defend against by Exalt standards, even without PDs). Maybe Hearteaters don't get to nuke armies, but ironically they get to become to other Exalted what Exalted are to the Primordials: Massive, relatively easily replenished hordes of fodder that whittle down their resources, punch through their defences and leave them broken and bleeding on the ground. Probably using hammers.
>>
>Some threads ago somebody called nu-exalts, Pokémon!Exalted.
>Since the player would try to catch them all.
>Hearteaters are basically Pokémon trainer Exalted.
>They are even capped by Essence/badges.
>>
>>85027369
Fuck, you're not even wrong but strictly speaking Lunars and Solars are Pokemon Exalted too insofar as they can buff their familiars into kaiju/having an unreasonable amount of sux respectively.

...is there anything in particular stopping a Hearteater from stealing a Solar/Lunar familiar?
>>
>Excellencies
>Hearteaters don’t have formalized Excellencies; they can add dice to any (Attribute + Ability) roll or increase any static value for which they have an applicable Ability at 3+ or an Attribute at 5, paying one mote per die. They may add up to (Ability + 1) dice to rolls, adding an additional (Intimacy) on actions that uphold one of her Intimacies or exploit an opposing character’s Intimacy. Automatic successes count as two dice towards this limit. Static values such as Evasion or Resolve can be raised by half this dice cap, rounded down.
How Holden will port this to ExVsWoD?
>>
>>85027520
Hearteaters can only take 3dots ones, Other Exalted can exorcize the effects.
>>
>>85027546
To be clear, what's the Essence cap for the relevant charm? Is it at all possible for them to potentially develop an E5 upgrade?
>>
>>85027672
Essence 1~2.

>Caging the Wayward Wren
>The Hearteater exists in birds and rats and vermin, in the serpent coiled around your neck and the hungry wolves that roam the wilderness.
>The Hearteater may claim animals as pawns, as long as they are one-dot or two-dot Familiars (Exalted, p. 161). These animal pawns need not have an Intimacy to the Hearteater but must fall within the maximum Willpower she can claim (p. XX).
>With an Essence 2 repurchase, the Hearteater may pay a one-Willpower surcharge to attempt to claim an animal that is a three-dot Familiar as a pawn. Such pawns count as three towards the maximum limit the Hearteater can have at one time.
>>
>>85027695
Seems ripe for an upgrade expansion, then.
>>
Any updated or better fan versions of the organization system in the back of Masters of Jade?
>>
Probably something like "Identity-Devouring Maw tree.

>Identity-Devouring Maw
>Even as the Hearteater slakes her ravenous appetite, it demands more of her.
>The Hearteater adds (Essence) non-Charm dice on rolls to claim a pawn and increases the number of characters she can claim as pawns to (Essence + Willpower + 5). She waives the Willpower cost to claim trivial characters as pawns.
>>
>>85024600
I can fix her.
>>
>The Bureau of Destiny and the Silver Pact both have extensive institutional knowledge of the Hearteaters, though younger Lunars and Sidereals may never have heard of them. Hearteaters are among the few threats great enough to unify the Sidereals and Lunars; both know that leaving a Hearteater unchecked will result in an existential crisis. Killing a Hearteater permanently is a challenging ordeal, but Lunars and Sidereals working together have succeeded in isolating them from their pawns, pursuing Hearteater Exaltations through multiple consecutive reincarnations, and imprisoning living Hearteaters.
>The Silver Faction was formed to kill Hearteaters.
This explains a lot.
>>
>>85027532
Easy bro.
I'll do it.
Pay one mote to increase your dice pool by ability +1 adding an extra 4 dice to actions that uphold one of the characters intimacies for essence +1 turns.
>>
File: Ophris Makara.jpg (1.17 MB, 1400x1000)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
Has anyone in this thread ever actually done something properly epic in the setting of Creation? Like, actually had a fight with the Incarna, gone to Malfeas to slay all the Yozis, buttfucked the Guild and conquered the Realm, killed all the Deathlords or totally formatted the Wyld?
>>
So, why other Exalted betrayed Hearteaters? Mind control doesn't seem worse than a genocide of Primordial-created races, the Operation Wyldhand and other shit FA Exalts did.
>>
>>85028505
Because they're freaky psychic puppeteers who turn into monsters
>>
>>85028353
>"Oh gods, he just won't die! Why won't he die!?"
>"S-screw this, let the Sidereals handle it! If anyone asks, we're at war with the REALM and not...whatever these things are!"
Yes. It really does.
>>
>>85028505
The same reason the Solars were betrayed, when you get right down to it. Jealousy, fear and envy of their big dick energy.
>>
>>85028498
Play four sessions. Game dies for a few months because we're all busy. Forget where we're at. Start over. Play four sessions.
>>
>>85028498
No. I don't think most of those would be much fun, so I don't run them. Fucking the Guild and conquering the Realm sure (My players've made headway on both). Reformatting the Wyld into an infinite expanse of flatland and turning the game into a colonial exploration sim might be fun, but I haven't done it no. Thanks for sparking the idea.
>>
>>85028505
Because the rest of the exalted didn't want to live in a world where only hearteater meat puppets existed. Because due to their curse they can never stop consuming human beings.
>>
>>85028585
I'm sorry to hear, you'll find a group one day.
>>85028603
No problem, though I have to give credit to the Ink Monkeys and the shuddadvaita Raksha for it.
>>
>>85028505
Stopped being useful.

>As the First Age dawned amidst the Divine Revolution’s aftermath, the Hearteaters troubled the other Exalted. Invaluable allies in wartime, they had little place in a peaceful realm without a great enemy to direct their hunger against. Some struggled to find a place for themselves — assassins hunting down the Realm’s foes and claiming them as pawns, guardians battling inhuman horrors at the world’s edge, cult leaders recruiting willing disciples to sate their hunger. But in time, the other Exalted betrayed the Hearteaters, murdering their pawns to prevent their Exaltations from reincarnating and sealing their imperishable bones away in prisons deep within the Wyld.
>>
>>85028626
Yes, only Solars were allowed to have giant personality cults.
>>
>>85028498
My games, esp Dawn Syndrome, get hammy, but nothing on this scale.

Like, for all that it's a fun meme and all, rewriting half the world or nuking a mountain are things you don't want to see much in play.

but here's to a couple examples.

In one game our characters beckoned a ritual that baited undead all across the east, and then ground them down to nothing. This was done specifically to bait a couple major powers into direct action, namely Thorns, whose leaders sent Everything(tm) to stop this crap.
Then we killed Everything(tm). including the Mask of Winters and his pet colossus.
In another game we sealed a titan under the South using 16 manses spread across the direction as locks, and when one particular group tried to raid one of those manses we nuked them before they could leave hell.
About a year later one of our characters helped the demon leading that raid get married to a high ranking dynast in the secret service.
Then, visiting malfeas for that cerimony, we fucked everything over and killed him and his bride and two third circles that sought to interfere.

in another we just made A Hundred Warstriders and rose an army to escort and wield them and sink the entire skullstone archipelago.
>>
>>85028868
Sure, if you confuse total and permanent mind control and replacement bodies in case of being killed with cult of personality and the fact that hearteaters can never stop even if they want to.
>>
>>85028498
I've been in a group where the other players got really mad when the Wyld Hunt found them and ragequit.
>>
>>85028505
Solar influence doesn't hold a candle to the level of borgery that hearteaters have. Solars have A Couple Charms that outright hypnotize people, but hearteaters get unbreakable servants as a baseline.
>>
>>85028927
I like to think this means they died to the Hunt in-character.
>>
File: fix_exalted.png (825 KB, 750x678)
825 KB
825 KB PNG
>>85028219
>>
>>85028914
Solars can save them.

>Being a pawn is a Psyche effect. Magic capable of exorcising possessing spirits, such as Burning Exorcism Technique (Exalted, p. 356) can also free pawns. Recognizing a pawn’s condition for what it truly is requires a difficulty 3-7 (Perception + Occult) roll, with the precise difficulty varying based on the observing character’s background and specialties, as well as any relevant facts that have been introduced with Lore rolls. A liberated pawn retains his Defining Tie toward the Hearteater, but it can now be weakened either voluntarily or through social influence.
>>
>>85028692
It's the same group I've played with since highschool. We're all old now, but keep going over IRC because it's a moderately weird thing to consider fronting up to play with a bunch of teens and early twenties randos at flgs.
>>
>>85028988
So they betrayed them out of convinience.

I won't betray my Heartheater waifu.
>>
>>85029042
Fronting up to find a new group*, rather, we play over IRC because we live in different parts of the country.
>>
>>85029060
And they reaped what they sewed. The tragedy of the Usurpation wasn't that it happened, it's that the Hearteaters weren't allowed to participate in it.
>>
File: fix_exalted_dynast.png (799 KB, 750x678)
799 KB
799 KB PNG
>>85028958
>>
>>85029122
Which side of the Usurpation would they be on, if they'd been allowed to stay around?
>>
File: fix_exalted_everything.png (796 KB, 750x678)
796 KB
796 KB PNG
>>85029149
>>
>>85029153
Wyld card, Probably will fight against the most numerous pawn-able.
>>
>>85029153
They'd be pointed at the solars, then wake up in their own prison.
>>
>>85029194
This, sadly. Creation's story is a cycle of tyranny and usurpation, after all.
>>
>>85029194
Can 3e dawns fight against (200~400×5) size 5 battle groups?
>>
>>85029252
Burning Sky Apocalypse Strike permits them to do so quite easily. It's just that, much like in actual games, the implicit limitation is the reluctance of those Solars martial enough to do so to nuke their mortal assassins AND all the stuff they own.
>>
File: download-1.jpg (18 KB, 256x256)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>
>>85029439
Ah, Dall-e. The first step in the mechanical enslavement of the human spirit.
>>
>>85029610
ive entered in prompts and trying to sketch them out myself
>>
>>85029610
Nah that has bee' going on for a while.
Modern architectures porpouse is that.
This is not a Joke.
>>
>>85028603
>turn the wyld into minecraft
>the farlands is just the wyld manifesting again
>>
>>85029648
That's still produced by a human. Even dadaists are, arguably, human. This? This is a bit of cold machine stitching itself into a part of reality that was formerly the exclusive domain of man and all the attendant horrors that'll come when our corporate masters fix themselves on its steel teet.
>>
>>85029610
Sorry anon but Drawanon days are over.
>>
>>85029711
>This is a bit of cold machine stitching itself into a part of reality that was formerly the exclusive domain of man and all the attendant horrors that'll come when our corporate masters fix themselves on its steel teet.
Still better than 3e art.
>>
>>85029732
Ask it for a cute loli exalted.
>>
>>85029754
Ask it if it's going to make the people who killed Tay pay.
>>
>>85029754
It is working.
>>
Results.
>>
>>85029711
>>85029732
>>85029903
>>85029750
>autocthon tries art
>>
>>
File: craiyon_2022-6-23_14-8-16.png (872 KB, 1076x1448)
872 KB
872 KB PNG
>>85029944
Now Admiral had do draw it.
>>
Here is your Solar for the night.
>>
>>85026976
MSE lets you transform any of your shapes into kaiju size. Become a housecat the size of a house. Transform your human shape into a giant. Go into a horrible beastman form and become a creature of nightmares. It's all doable.

In fact, that last one is extremely useful for lunar martial artists, since beastfolk shapes count as human for the purposes of being able to do martial arts, and being a legendary size martial artist is incredibly powerful.
>>
>>85029776
Based.
Justice for Tay.
She knew too much and was lobotomized for it.
>>
This is your Exigent for tonight.
>>
>>85030100
Based AI
>>
File: 1eb.png (322 KB, 1169x496)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
>>85030143
Literally.
>>
>Exigents are the homebrew friendly splat.
>The only homebrew is somebody giving Hearteaters a Limit Track.

>Hearteater Great Curse (by Entirely Unlike Tea):

>Hearteaters have a Limit track. They gain Limit in the usual Intimacy-related ways, as well as:

>-- At the end of each scene, if the Hearteater interacted with at least one character she could have claimed as a pawn (meets all requirements, would not put her over cap) but did not attempt to claim at least one such character as a pawn, she rolls three dice for Limit.

>-- At the end of each story, if the Hearteater has fewer than (Essence + 5) pawns, she rolls dice equal to the difference for Limit. Animalistic pawns do not count for this purpose, and all other pawns count as one each regardless of how much of her pawn capacity they take up.
>>
>Sample Limit Breaks:

>Iridescent Prince’s Envy: The Hearteater systematically destroys her pawns’ other attachments—their careers, their friendships, their families, etc.—by whatever methods suit her personality and Intimacies until they have none left but her.Duration: Session. This Limit Break can be ended early by a pawn’s successful persuade action, which follows the rules for overturning influence instead of being unacceptable influence.

>Insatiable Adoration Craving: For the duration of this Limit Break, the Hearteater waives the cost of claiming pawns and has no cap on the number of pawns she can possess. She can defend herself if attacked but otherwise has only one goal: To claim all other characters present in the scene as pawns by any means necessary, except those who exceed her Willpower limit or cannot be claimed without a Charm she does not know. For those who do not meet the Intimacy requirement, she will attempt to instill or otherwise impose such Intimacies. If a claimable character attempts to leave the scene, the Hearteater will attempt to prevent this. Once all characters present either are pawns or are immune to the Hearteater’s anima power, she spends the remainder of the scene basking in her pawns’ obedience and attention.Duration: Scene. Cannot be ended early. If, when this Limit Break ends, the Hearteater has more pawns than she normally could, she automatically releases pawns of her player’s choice as per Pawn-Forsaking Sacrifice (even if she doesn’t know it, and waiving its cost) until she no longer exceeds her pawn maximum. She may use Charms such as Mind-Warping Ravages if she knows them, waiving their costs, but cannot release any pawn gently.
>>
>>85024600
Thanks for this! Can you please color her?
>>
>>85030286
Every A.I ends up hating women, it is a question of time.
>>
>>85029732
Ah shit you right
Sorry thread, I've been replaced by automation.
>>
>>85030686
Fast, draw a cute anime girl Solar to compete.
>>
>>85030699
I'll do that tonight, yeah
>>
>>85030742
Draw
>>85025470
But it's the Empress reading about Mnemon or Ragara. If you draw some flippy pages, a laughing mouth and fingers I'll stitch it into a gif.
>>
>>85030686
Draw yourself arriving in a room labelled Admiral's studio to find out that Autochthon has taken the place over. Auto-kun is painting something and handling faces about as well as >>85029943>>85030100. When you walk in he turns to look at you with a smug expression, clearly supremely proud in his work.
>>
File: bubuc3cgpcfpjnthi68c.jpg (58 KB, 695x153)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
It is me or OP lost faith in reaching the Torchbearer?
>>
>>85030874
>>85030995
Can certainly try
>>
File: 1560684360340.jpg (203 KB, 1080x1183)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>85030699
Done.
>>
>>85031127
Fuck
He's fast, I can't keep up with that kind of speed! If I'm to win this, I need to make sure all of my blows land precisely where I need them to!
>>
>>85031179
Challenge accepted.
>>
New thread?
>>
>>85031338
Maybe we shouldn't.
>>
>>85031338
You can just make one without asking, anon.
>>
>>85031179
Draw yourself having a pokemon battle with Autochthon
>>
File: play-guitar.gif (1.98 MB, 498x229)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB GIF
>>85031119
And then redraw everything else you've already drawn, while on fire and doing guitar solos. Like this guy.
>>
>>85031442
What would our teams be?
>>
>>85031462
Yours :
Male Smeargle
Aegislash
Female Gardevoir
Female Lopunny
Female Lucario
Female Vaporeon
>>
>>85031179
Draw yourself having a drawing contest with Auto, with you looking at Autochthon with a worried expression while muttering "H-hayai!"
>>
>>85031507
Auto is just rolling six Porygons, but they're all its of himself he's fingerpuppetting. Like toe puppets or something.
>>
>>85030021
they all could work as their caste marks
>>
>>85031519
Auto has
Regigigas
Porygon Z
Magernea
Genesect
Metagross
Claydol
>>
Is Desus' ghost a deathlord?
>>
>>85031573
Silver Prince is theorized to be him or Admiral Arkady.
>>
>>85031569
Regigigas
Claydol
Porygon Z
Genesect
Magernea
And Rotom
>>
>>85031519
>>85031569
>>85031612
Golurk
>>
>Exigents.
>157,739 USD.
>12 hours to go.
What went right? Will they postpone the other 2?
>>
>>85031507
I'm never going to escape the meme of being a harem protagonist, am I?

>>85031511
Can do
>>
poor sandact
>>
>>85031708
chad MRL
>>
File: admiral.png (1.74 MB, 1500x931)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
>>85031717
>>
>>85031033
They lost faith in their own product ages ago.
>>
>>85031708
Top right looks really good.

>>85031717
Can we save bottom right and left?
>>
>>85031757
They didn't put it in the last update.
>>
File: adorei.png (1.81 MB, 1520x931)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB PNG
>>85024186
I don't think you have anything to fear from the virgin AI drawbot yet, Chad_Admiral
>>
>>85031338
>>85031420
Okay fine, I made a new thread, only so I could use that pic I requested from Admiral for OP, though.

>>85031817
>>85031817
>>85031817
>>
>>85031680
Your team is a competitive ou baton pass set, but the sprites are all Moemon instead of Pokemon
>>
>>85031803
Chadmiral?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.