[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: CncArt0907_04.jpg (664 KB, 1275x1616)
664 KB
664 KB JPG
Skulls edition

>Resources (Rules, lore, and Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay):
WFB:https://pastebin.com/qVGrgwwh
WFRP:https://pastebin.com/inbyBsR6
Novels:https://pastebin.com/PFqPDr0H

>Warhammer Wikis:
https://warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Alternative Models (WiP):
https://pastebin.com/xPeM9szL

>Warhammer Video Games:
https://pastebin.com/bqTNOPkR

Previous Thread: >>84473861
>>
File: GUO WIP4.png (2.44 MB, 936x1263)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB PNG
For Nurgle. Decided to mount the GUO on a larger base after all.
>>
>Running a WFRP game.
>Players are having to deal with a corrupt Lord.
>Starting to realise that he's actually under the sway of his new foreign wife.
>One player is blatantly metagaming.
>He's trying to point the others towards her being a Vampire.
>Unfortunately, he's preparing to fight a Lahmian, and wants to force a direct confrontation.
>Not bothering to properly investigate.
>She's actually a Blood Dragon.
This is going to be hilarious.
>>
>>84508864
Mang, I can't wait to see that mammerjammer painted!
>>
>>84508864
I'm still fucking jelly about your mad greenstuffing skills.
>>
>>84508975
It's kind of funny that I would probably do slightly better than your player in this situation just by virtue of never giving a shit about vampire or nehekaran lore.
>>
File: 566.jpg (119 KB, 850x1129)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>84509101
If your plan was better than "Rush her and hit her with a hammer" you'd probably do a lot better.
>>
>>84508864
That's some nice sculpting skill you got there, anon!
>>
>>84509077
>>84509085
>>84509264
Thanks mates, although Nurgle stuff is quite forgiving to sculpt
>>
>>84509299
Been watching this since.. well, i know what under the green stuff. Can't wait it's final befoulment!
>>
>>84508975
Hope he has a lot of fate points on reserve kek
>>
6th edition. How would one go about making the magic phase less "all-in" and by doing so improving it?
>>
>>84508864
Is the larger base a 50 mm one?
>>
>>84508975
What's the party comp like?
>>
>>84509673
yes
>>
>>84509694
Outlaw, Investigator, Wizard, Guard. Reasonable amount of experience, could manage it with backup and preparation, shame they're going without either.
>>
>>84509967
So nothing that can square up to a BD? Yeah they're fucked
>>
>>84508975
>tfw no tight muscled immortal tomboy blood dragon vampire wife
>>
Anon was asking in the previous thread about a model or piece of artwork that defined WFB. Here’s mine; it was the cover of one of my first White Dwarf’s and I still think it rocks
>>
>>84510051
I was expecting them to investigate, confirm the suspicions of a few of the locals, rally the crowd, and stack the deck in their favour as much as possible. Instead, they've decided to break into the manor, at night, to have a brawl with her.

I'm not railroading them, they want to do something this stupid, they can deal with the consequences.
>>
Some tips on balancing, getting started with a campaign, and getting players to play certain warbands without being pushy, in mordheim?
what are some good house rules? one i definitely think of is nerfing nurgles blessings due to one of them being fairly easy to give to others, and it being a constant threat
>>
>>84510103
You may be her husband, but Walach will always be her daddy. Could you live with that?
>>
>>84510115
I mean, even if she was a Lahmian those are still supposed to be more than capable of BTFOing a party that rushes in blindly.
>>
File: 1639592091479.jpg (236 KB, 700x648)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>84510134
oops, forgot an image
im looking to play marauders of chaos, skaven, or elves myself, but im perfectly fine nerfing the pparts that need it
>>
>>84509299
>although Nurgle stuff is quite forgiving to sculpt
Even so, your stuff is freaking amazing.
>>
File: 1544474945072.png (166 KB, 481x366)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>84510103
>tfw when some shitty vandals break into your house.
>tfw when they try and kill you while you're getting busy with your cute fleeting mortal boytoy.
>tfw when they aren't even a decent fight.
>tfw when they think you're one of those weakling Lahmians.
Being Blood Dragon-chan is suffering.
>>
speaking of blood dragons that reminds me, I need to make that vampire lord I bought the parts for
>>
>>84508975
This is actually a really good lesson that you shouldn't rely on your OOC knowledge to just assume what the plot will be. He was lucky he was still on point with the vampire part instead of a Chaos cultist or a witch or even just a powerful but mundane woman with some sort of bodyguard or criminal gang. Or a spy in the service of the Emperor which was trying to get the corrupt Lord to overplay his hand so he could be deposed.
>>
>>84511071
Whatcha making Anon?
>>
A know they're canon and even have models, but where the fuck females Blood Dragons come from? Nor the Empire and much less Bretonnia have a female presence in their knighthood to draw potential candidates from, women in Kislev are usually just the Tzarina's handmaidens with no representation in either the Hussars or the Gryphon Legion and whatever it is people in Tilea and Estalia call their heavy cav doesn't seem to have a female presence either, at least judging from from some "native" DoW units.
>>
>>84511298
>C7 trannylore
>canon
Pick one and only one. Female blood dragons have never been canon.
>>
>>84511298
probably norsca or the chaos wastes
>>
>>84511298
I don't think they exclusively draw from knights, I think it's canon that they'll occasionally run into some rando that fights well and decide that they might be worth taking on as a student. If they've just been tearing through a town and some woman tries to rush one of them with a knife, I can see one taking an interest.

>>84511349
At least one female Blood Dragon has been canon since at least 5th edition.
>>
File: xbDPuuL2dIwJyOKC.jpg (118 KB, 1000x1000)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>84511349
>inb4 round base
Will 100% get ported for TOW VC
>>
>>84508811
What edition of WFRP is the best? I would like to get into it
>>
>>84511428
I think I'd trim the weird armor spikes, but still pretty good.
Better than all the shitty flames a lot of late 8th stuff had.
>>
>>84511499
2md but 1st is almost as good and in some ways better (Lore)
>>
>>84511428
I put these guys on cavalry bases. Having more than one rank looks like it would be a real pain though, there's too much going on with the mounts. I'm wondering if it points to an increased base size for TOW, like you said they'll definitely port them over.
>>
>>84511499
4e. People only complain about it because of some subpar art. The game itself is basically an advanced version of 2e with functional economy, good gunpowder weapons and combat that is not a whiffing fest. It gets updated on a regular basis and the new material is overall pretty good, even improving on some previous rules and mechanics.
>>
>>84511602
>People only complain about it because of some subpar art
Lying cunt. Though it's not a suprise considering what you're shilling for. Also stop samefagging, you're really obnoxious and obvious.
>>
>>84511298
>A know they're canon and even have models
They are not canon and don't have models. Are you retarded?
>>84511422
>If they've just been tearing through a town and some woman tries to rush one of them with a knife, I can see one taking an interest.
Lol, no. BD choose exclusively
from exceptional fighters who can put out a fight.
>At least one female Blood Dragon has been canon since at least 5th edition.
Citation needed.
>>
>>84511715
Of course there are different, entirely reasonable reasons why some may not like it. Some people just prefer their 2e (with tons of added homebrew rules). The reception of the actual system of 4e has been very positive overall.
>>
>>84511763
>The reception of the actual system of 4e has been very positive overall.
Amongst people who use pronouns and fight patriarchy, yes.
>>
>>84511570
>I put these guys on cavalry bases.
Pictures?
>>
>>84510110
metal
>>
File: 20220513_233214.jpg (4.55 MB, 4128x3096)
4.55 MB
4.55 MB JPG
>>84511295
this lass

ive got a vampire head I could use instead but it'll make her look ugly and its got more of a Lhamian hairstyle
and I tried literally anything else for the arm but the head is the only thing I can reasonably come up with that makes sense with my spare bitz
>>
>>84509623
>magic phase less "all-in"
The hell does that even mean
>>
>>84511857
>and its got more of a Lhamian hairstyle
How lahmian hairstyle looks like and what are the sources
>>
>>84511298
>but where the fuck females Blood Dragons come from?
rent free in/from your head
>>
File: 20220513_233830.jpg (2.06 MB, 4128x3096)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
>>84511874
blood knights kit
>>
>>84511803
I'll post it tomorrow, I'm sleepy.

>>84511857
That's cool.
>>
File: bt09_dragon.png (283 KB, 350x482)
283 KB
283 KB PNG
Anons, any good Zombie Dragon alternatives? I dislike that wyvern-y thingy GW peddles and would like a proper decomposing or skeletal dragon. Please halp.
>>
>>84511874
Coven throne? I think they're supposed to be Lahmians.
>>
>>84511901
>AoS "Blood Knights" kit being a fluff source for WHFB Lahmian hairstyles
no further questions
>>
>>84511908
Just find a Dracolich mini. You might have to shop around for size, but there should be tons available.
>>
>>84511920
as I said, thats the extent of my spare bitz
>>
>>84511874
There's no such thing as "lahmian hairstyle", Lahmians are literally all stratas of society, different cultures and vocations. If we assume Gotrek is canon, you can even have black Southland lahmians with dreadlocks.
>>
File: 1-aossingle-bronze.jpg (183 KB, 1000x1284)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>84511532
Yeah, the overall idea is cool, but all AoS Bloody Knights suffer from way too angular armor, it makes them look crude, it's the same kind of aesthetic GW uses for orcs who for some reason still manage to look a little more refined. Edgy, but with class should be the vampire aesthetic.
>>
>>84511931
Wow, thanks anon, indeed lots of results! I'm probably(certainly) retarded and forgot that dracolich word even exists. Thanks again!
>>
>>84511963
It always looked to me like they took 40k Warboss, meleted his armour in zbrush, removed all the tech shit and slapped a giant skull on the pauldron. Yes I know it's not what happened.
>>
>>84511963
I fucking hate this dumb ass design for orcs, who is buying this gay shit?
>>
>>84510158
Have lahmians ever been statted?
>>
>>84512051
At the very least they have WHFB conversion potential (not this one though, it's far too large to fit on 25).
>>
>>84512078
How would you go about converting Brutes to WHFB without just making them more elite than blorcs infantry? Between Orcs, Big unz, Blorcs, Savage orcs and Savage orc big unz I think that O&G already have enough infantry that already does basically the same thing.

Also how are you going to make the weird rock hewn armour mesh with WHFB more grounded aesthetic and themeing?
>>
>>84512055
Yes. They're fast as fuck, but they can't take hits like other Vampires. Most of their powers are geared towards mind control shenanigans too, so they don't really have the combat traits that the other bloodlines do. Still strong enough to tear a mortal apart though, so it's all relative.
>>
>>84511857
Looks more like a delf corsair captain or something like that than a vampire desu. I really like the conversion though.
>>
>>84512055
In 6th edition. Basicaly this >>84512200
In WHFB terms they were less skilled (-1WS), super fast (+2I for lords heroes) had -1Ld debuff aura and powers such as 5++ dodge, ASF and 4 flavours of "enemy in BtB must take Ld test if he fails X" where X scaled up from non attacking the Lahmia to full control of opponent's model by VC player.
Unrelated: They were often overlooked in favour of other Bloodlines but IMHO they have great potential.
>>
>>84512254
It got really fun with Neferata's rules. She had all of the Lahmian powers and reduced the leadership of things fighting her by 2. Anything fighting her had to pass three or four leadership tests just to try and hit her, it was really funny. She also got to turn any characters she killed into Vampire Thralls, and they kept all their equipment. She had poisoned attacks at S6, I10, and could make any one unit reroll successful armour saves.

She was also 715 points with no mount and never got used, but the few times I saw her in action it was great.
>>
>>84511782
Do you have anything substantial to critic about 4e or is this purely about politics?
>>
File: 20220514_003914.jpg (4.28 MB, 4128x3096)
4.28 MB
4.28 MB JPG
resposed it slightly

thoughts?
>>
>>84512404
Have her jerking off a giant.
>>
>>84512404
The earlier version was far superior.
>>
>>84512452
yeah i tried doing some greenstuff and kept fucking up
>>
So how is GW going to make money with tOW? Every other new/re-released system GW has come out with released with full model ranges for GW to sell, however they've stated that players will be able to use their old armies, so yeah, I'm worried.
>>
>>84512448
Would need to widen the grip. Try fisting a giant.
>>
>>84510110
You can say i am wrong if you want but to me the stuff those undead are using ans wearing just do not make sense to me. Like the stuff they are using looks like something that came out of the hardest heavy metal album cover. Not something that a normal ancient warrior of the tribes would wear into battle and be buried with when he died. So where the hell did this freaky armor and weapons come from?

Its not like it is with vampires. As they can just have there special armor forged for them by a black smith and pay for it with gold and what not.
>>
>>84512805
>So where the hell did this freaky armor and weapons come from?
What makes you think only vampires can recognise blacksmiths, or that there's no viable blacksmiths amongst the undead?
>>
>>84512867
Are you implying they'd be outfitted AFTER being raised just to look edgy?
>>
File: 20220514_020245.jpg (4.57 MB, 4128x3096)
4.57 MB
4.57 MB JPG
re-reposed her, with some green stuff work which I think is decent enough

thoughts?
>>
also had a think, she'd fit in more with Luthor Harkons lot right?

is anyone else getting a little bit of pirate vibes from it?
I didnt do it intentionally
>>
File: 20220514_021015.jpg (2.35 MB, 4128x3096)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB JPG
>>
>>84512591
Half of AoS armies ARE old armies.
>Empire
>Dwarves
>Skaven
>Night Goblins
>Ogres
>Chaos Warriors & Demons
>Dark Elves & Witch Elves
>Lizardmen
>Beastmen
>Undead
All of those still have most if not all of their models. They'll make range refreshes for the armies they NEED to come back like Bretonnia and Tomb Kings, and new factions like Kislev and Cathay. For the ones they already have, they can bring in era-appropriate hero units or bring back units like militia and archers.
>>
>>84513417
They will likely remake the Legions of Azgorh/Chaos Dwarfs as well
>>
>>84513417
the problem is this

>empire
had a few things cut but otherwise the main core is there
>dwarves
you either have a small army list or you have "aesthetic: the army" with fyreslayers ans kharadon overlords
>skaven
>Night Goblins
>Ogres
>Chaos Warriors & Daemons
>Dark Elves and Witch Elves
got split up into 2 seperate factions, theres a way to combune the 2 but witch elves became an aesthetic: the faction with daughters of khaine
>lizardmen
>beastmen
>undead
3 different flavours of undead now, but soulblight gravelords is just vampire counts under a trademarkable name
>>
>>84511499
4e is the superior version. Better combat, better career system, and better supplements (and adventures if you're into premades). 2e is good but 4e is better in every respect except the art.
>>
Redpill me on Mousillon
>>
>>84513882
Drop fucking dead faggot, stop making the same post over and over almost every thread
>>
>>84514797
Keep reporting until they just rangeban him.
>>
File: 1462106388253.png (549 KB, 386x570)
549 KB
549 KB PNG
>>84510110
There is such good art in Warhammer. It makes me mad that there's a version of pic related that is wider, showing more of the scene, but it's all grey.
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (163 KB, 350x212)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
Is there a Warhammer Fantasy faction that is similar to the Jalis from Deltora Quest in culture?

https://deltoraquest.fandom.com/wiki/Jalis_(tribe)#Culture

>Any Jalis fighter appears to follow some sort of honour code; they do not allow concealed weapons within their arena (but any number of visible weapons are allowed) and will never attack an unarmed person during peacetime.
>The Jalis believe that bathing causes weakness, so a typical Jalis smells strongly. Rather than bathe, Jalis rub their bodies with a mixture of tusker fat and herbs.
>Anyone is welcome in the Jaliad feasting hall, provided they offer a gold coin as payment—the coin will be refused, but offering it is display of respect. Offering a silver coin is considered an insult, as is showing disgust at any of the food in the hall.
>>
>>84513232
>>84513296
She does have a bit of a corsair look. You could lessen it with a bit more obvious armor - a breastplate (though you probably want boobage) or some chainmail.
>>
>>84513232
>>84513296
she does have a bit of a pirate vibe to her

the curved sword and light armor gives that impression

but that's not a bad look at all
>>
>>84513580
>Dark Elves and Witch Elves
>got split up into 2 seperate factions, theres a way to combune the 2 but witch elves became an aesthetic: the faction with daughters of khaine

But most of the models are still in production, the point is that they can still be used in a ruleset where most of the old school army building applies. The gaps that do exist like Bolt Throwers, Cannons, and Slayers for the Dwarves are the "new" things that GW can sell.
>>
>>84510110
Repeating my answer; the Battle for Skull Pass was the first I ever heard of WHFB, and the small snipets of lore in the core rulebook for each faction plus the sweet, sweet box cover art old a special place in my heart
>>
>>84513192
Looks good to me
>>
File: Empire Knights.jpg (415 KB, 1200x810)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
>>84510110
I'd say it was the old box art that did it for me.
>>
>>84511602
Absolute bullshit, fuck off
>>
>>84510167
Hey I got my lad to play mordheim with a marauders of chaos warband for the years.
I’d reccomend asking the elf players to stop existing(or capping their racial profile at t3)
Otherwhise make shields give +5 as instead of +6 and combine them with bucklers.
Make burgles rot not spread between the roster.
Done.
Have a look at random happenings rules
And make sure to do plenty of multiplayer stuff, like everyone does a 1 or 2 1v1s then get together for a big multi.
Plan a set number of games or use the btb campaign system I guess.
>>84511857
Sweet idea, greenstuff get some better hair?
Harkon approves.

>>84512993
Egocentric arrogant 500 year old. Vampire outfits his skeletons in garb matching his great house, so all would know who deals them death.
This sounds very plausible to me. Even moreso to a blood dragon.
>>
Off on a tangent here, but I've always loved the way vampire armour is in wfb. It's got just enough similarities to things that were being used in Romania to poke the history parts of my brain, while having all the exaggerated points and layers that I associate with classic fantasy bad guys.
>>
>>84508864
it looks straight out of an old artwork
only thing missing are two nurglings posing as his balls
>>
>>84508975
I hope you left some hints behind because you can be dead sure he'll try to claim you changed her bloodline after he totally got one step ahead of you by deducting she was a lhamian
>>
>>84512805
You're wrong in assuming people only got buried in practical stuff.
Burial goods were purely ceremonial or decorative prety often. Why would you bury your king in a battered old helm when you could bury them in a badass winged crown thing?
The social, almost religious aspect that royality had with everything extends even to death.
>>
>>84512805
>So where the hell did this freaky armor and weapons come from?
dark magic corrupts the landscape as well as undead and their armour into new and conveniently thematic forms

and I'm also relatively sure most of the ancient undead (or at least the strong ones) the counts make their armies with are drawn from graves of people who were already more or less evil and dabbling into dark practices, krell is the egregious example, but there should be other instances of ancient sepulchres with evil spirits and dark runes in the old world
and it kinda make sense: if you were a power hungry necromancer would you try turning into your subjects the dead of those tamer civilised folks who are maybe even protected by a deity of the afterlife, or are you going to take your chance with the evil barbarian forces of the old nomad mr.mc.angerrysson from the forbidden skulltombs inscribed with the same dark magics you studied for the last century or so?
>>
>>84513192
Much better than the giant-shaking version.
>>
>>84515113
>>84515144
NTA, but pirate vampire lady is a pretty cool luck though.
>>
>>84516737
You're right about the greater undead coming from tombs already seeped in necromancy. It's what makes wights (and therefore grave guard, black knights, etc.) so much more dangerous than basic skeletons.
>>
>>84516609
>It's got just enough similarities to things that were being used in Romania
what?
>>
>>84516981
It has a resemblance to surviving examples of plate armour that have been found in Transylvania, just with all the edges heavily exaggerated.
>>
>>84512805
Yes you are wrong. First: I don't know if you realize that but artists sculptors were aiming for spooky evil sheit look. Second: who said it was a normal ancient warrior of the tribes, especialy since it's clearly a liche. Third no one in their right mind would bury the dead with top quality equipment like >>84516694 says, especially low resources "barbarian" cultures. But that's IRL thinking and we're talking warhammer anyway.
>>84516737
This. Also if we take those awful ToL books as canon (and I think it was pretty neat), there were entire tribes that worshipped vampires and they did make "evil" armour with skulls, bat wings etc and their warriors were buried in their battle gear explicitly so they might be raised by vampires and serve as wights which was considered as big honour. Also yeah, dark magic corrupts shit and it's perfectly reasonable for undead to have their thrall blacksmiths/artisans who make armour which is given to wights. Because VC or necromancers raising pre Sigmar/Times of Sigmar tribesmen for 2500+ years non stop is bullshit anyway, of course they also raise recently dead warriors and neither Empire or Bretonnia buries their dead in full plate and wepaons, not to mention horses (in armour as well).
>>
>>84517025
Please post examples, I'm not aware of any regional variants of plate and I'm 90% certain that their nobility was using whatever western style type just like the rest of Europe.
>>
>>84510134
There are dozens of house rules that could/should be implemented I don't know what are you looking for exactly. First rules is: don't play Border Town Burnig.
>>
>>84512993
>just to look edgy?
Retard, it's warhammer, you must be realy autistic to get shocked by the fact that undead have death related iconography on their armour, weapons or banners.
>>
>>84512993
>>84517161
Not to mention, fixing your troops' broken gear just makes sense.
>>
>>84517066
>Because VC or necromancers raising pre Sigmar/Times of Sigmar tribesmen for 2500+ years non stop is bullshit anyway
This, and there's quite a few of examples of modern period knights being raised as wights. Drakenhof Guard (ok, not technically knights but gear is sameish) and Templars, Blood Keep, Bretonnians etc. I know it's aestethics and faction identity thing but it's kinda sad that GW never did Grave Guard or Black Knights in more modern style. Still like them though, Black Knights kit is brilliant anyway.
>>
Clean white or earthy color for skeleton bones?
>>
>>84517414
Depends. If your undead palette is colder than go for white. If you're using more warmer and rich colours then go for earthy (bleached bone)? That's my opinion of course.
>>
>>84511349
you are aware that the scenario is anons personal campaign and not c7 material, right? :^)
>>
>>84512366
I don't need anything substantial when the game and its developers support every single one of my points. Now kill yourself
>>
>>84517511
Does it even matter to all sides arguing any more?
>>
>>84512366
>haha let's ignore that C7 blatantly shoves modern cultural politics into WH
fucking retard
>>
>>84517414
ive mostly gone for earthy myself, out of ease usually.
>>
>>84517414
Think about where they were buried.
>>
>>84508811
cool skulls
>>
>>84517414
Both, traditionally bleached bones occur when exposed to sun or cleaned through gyration, shit like sand or water. (This usually weakens the bone and causes it to flake)
When organs liquefy they run across bones and you get staining.

You could safely guess this then that the end state of every skeleton raised is an off cream- white(since marching in the sunlight would bleach em over a few months). Whether they’d be powder or not is hyperbole though, it’s magic dude just do what looks cool. I do my a mix of ‘stained bone/classic off white/glowing white ‘ in my army because rule of cool trumps all.

>>84508975
That’s fantastic anon, when does the showdown happen next? Make sure to post a recap here because blood dragons ripping shit is fantastic.

Pic related, my BD fallen priest.
>>
File: 1649613826581.png (717 KB, 1424x394)
717 KB
717 KB PNG
>>84517414
Whatever you think looks best my dude.
>>
File: vomit.gif (342 KB, 540x362)
342 KB
342 KB GIF
>>84511428
I hate the new undead horses GW puts out. give me full skeleton or full zombie horse, not this rotting pile of shit where the skull is somehow bigger than the head would've been.
>>
>>84511428
I love these so much. Gotta get em eventually.
>>
>>84517756
I think they're supposed to be the mad science versions of Nightmares. The kind where they're made from a few different animals stitched together. It'd explain why they've got dewclaws.
>>
>>84517414
white prime, seraphim sepia, done. so, yellowed like the old school skeletons
>>
>>84509368
This is the thing underneath btw, pretty nice model on it's own too:

https://cpmodels.co.uk/shop/ntd15-ubbo-seth-great-devourer/
>>
>>84517537
i guess not, but one retard shouldn't ruin the thread every time because he is autistic and afraid of people that look different from himself
>>
>>84517547
BTFO with the blood dragon
BTFO when called out about having no valid criticisms
BTFO when he was revealed as an ESL
4e chads we just keep winning
>>
>>84518369
kys
>>
>>84516667
If they ask around there's a townsman who's sister went missing, she worked as a maidservant and gossiped about the new Lady of the Manor being pretty athletic. The goods that are going missing, which kicked off the arc, are primarily raw metal being shipped off to the grey mountains. There's also the dead body of a highwayman, buried in a shallow grave in the woods, with his sword snapped in half and his ribcage caved in. There's more, but those were the obvious clues.

>>84517737
Next session should be Friday evening, I'll update then.

>>84517537
Never even occurred to me that it'd cause an argument.
>>
>>84517860
>I think they're supposed to be the mad science versions of Nightmares.
you think wrong
>>
>>84517948
Kek, at that point why do you even bother having an actual model underneath? I mean is there anything of the original model exposed any more?
>>
>>84518784
>I mean is there anything of the original model exposed any more?
No, but I was not originally intending to do this extensive greenstuffing, just modifying the original a little..and then things got out of hand. On th other hand, sculpting over an existing model is easier than starting from scratch.
>>
>>84517948
You don't happen to know how well their head bits would fit on top of GWs empire and Nurgle models? I'm looking through the store you linked to and came across these gladiator helmets which would be perfect for my Nurgle Gladiators if the proportions are right.
>>
>>84518852
I haven't tried those, sorry. They have lot's of interesting stuff suitable for chaos so you could just give them a try
>>
>>84518845
I see. Still find it hilarious how the green stuff muse absolutely caught you with that one.
>>
>>84518859
I think I'll just go ahead and do that. Hopefully I don't have to pay the brexit-tax on whatever I find i their store.
Kinda want to turn the model you based your GUO on into a Spawn or maybe even a Daemon Prince.
>>
File: DP evolution.jpg (1.48 MB, 3562x1016)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
>>84518860
I suppose a similar thing happened with my earlied Daemon Prince model..
>>
File: 1507596632305.gif (176 KB, 279x989)
176 KB
176 KB GIF
>>84518784
it's probably been an useful guide for him to nail the pose, if anything

but your post made me think: can we consider the past of a miniature an "exposed part" of it? of course some random passerby wouldn't know there's a different miniature underneath, but lets say you make a chaos spawn starting from a simple humanoid model and by the end of the process of sculpting, a gradual trial & error of one part at a time, the original model underneath cannot be seen anymore and it has been cut and reposed unrecognizably, does this spawn sculpt have an additional value for its process of sculpting, compared to a similar spawn that was sculpt directly to its final form?
one could say that it has extra personal value because it's your work, but wouldn't other people also give it more value even if it wasn't theirs and they were simply aware of such a process behind it?
I think so
>>
>>84518905
I love how you based the rest of the conversion around those ginormous man-titties.
You truly are a guiding light in this hobby.
>>
>>84518921
I definitely agree but at that point it almost requires having shared the experience with the converter.
>>
So who here has actually played 8th edition extensively? What was your experience? With how over the top monstrous infantry and magic is, as well as the ever present threat of artillery, I can't see how mass melee infantry blobs were anything other than free points, despite people claiming they were the meta for 8th.
>>
>>84519122
Thanks for the kind words. I think making my own models (just with greenstuff, I don't mean casting stuff) is probably the endgame is this hobby, to express the imagination within the framework of the chosen setting.
>>
>>84519197
No doubt, homeslice. I'm trying to get there myself but still got a far bit to go. Looking forward to all the conversions I can make meanwhile though.
>>
>>84519265
I found that having good tools makes it so much easier that it feels almost like cheating. I recommend GSW
https://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/12-amazing-tools
>>
>>84519180
I've played 8th alot in the past, and some of the other 8th related systems (9th age, wap).
>what was your experiance?
It's a shit game. There's very little that you can do to win "tactically". 90% of the whole battle is just you picking a good setup, and the other 10% is luck if you manage to get spells off when you need to. The way the system changed from 7th to 8th, made so many units and weapon choices garbage and suboptimal. The system just fundamentally doesn't work.
>monsterous infantry
I don't see why you think they're over the top. I remember chaos trolls being fucking broken as shit, if you stacked them, since they were really cheap (35pts) and had regen built it. Otherwise I don't remember MI being good. I know ogres had their gutstars, though I've never played against them, but I think that was more about their magic/banners.
>magic
Magic is broken yes. Vortexes, dwellers and augments/hexes are nuts. Augments/hexes work well since horde gives you so much punch that if you can manage to push something just a bit over the top with some extra S, A or + to hit, you can just wipe out the enemy unit in one phase. And vortexes/dwellers just delete shit.
>artillery
Cannons are amazing, otherwise it was sorta underwhelming, from what I remember.
>>
>>84519180
I wouldn't say that I played it extensively but hordes of infantry are really good for the simple reason that they allow you to push out a tremendous amount of concentrated attacks which can be additionally bolstered by magic. As for artillery, its primary target is likely to be something way more expensive than a handful of mediocre to good infantry models.
While monstrous infantry can be quite good it's generally balanced by less than stellar ws, ld and defense which coupled with typiclly low I means that they easily can get their shit pushed in if you aren't careful about what you throw them against. Even something as powerful as Chaos Trolls hit really slow and needs to be within the ld-aura of the general to function with any reliability outside of combat.
>>
>>84519197
Where do you get your GS from anon? GS world or do you happen to use OG kneadatite GS?
>>
>>84519373
GS world
>>
>>84519377
Do you buy it in bars or strips? I have a problem with GSW strips bcause after mixing there's lots of lumps of yellow part that can't be mixed no matter what I do.
>>
>>84519394
I've been buying these tapes with the gaps, rarely any problems with lumps

https://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/green-stuff/855-green-stuff-tape-365-inches-with-gap.html
>>
>>84519403
Uh, exactly what I purchased, damn it:( Thanks a lot nevertheless, mayby next time I'll try bars and return it if it's defective.
>>
>>84517781
They have 0 in common with that awesome art and look like cosplay parody of true BD.
>>
Looks like I’ve got a match against the 6.5 dwarves this weekend.
2k points
I’ll bring undead but lhamia for some big grudge energy from my opponent.

I have never fought dwarves before in all my years. Any units I should steer clear from?
How magic heavy should I even go!
>>
File: 1652149427677.png (1.22 MB, 1710x1130)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>have friends into Warhammer
>they only want to play 40k
wtf bros, am I going to have to go OUT and meet new people??
>>
File: 1652541508945.jpg (88 KB, 600x477)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
Hey, I'm new to Fantasy, but are the Free Companies a real faction? Having a ragtag army sounds pretty fun.
>>
>>84519557
retard
>>
>>84519495
I don't think you can win especially with Lahmia. Dwarfs "6.5" are actually 7th edition book with loads of powerups that are ridiculous by 6th edition standards. Lahmias will do shit to them, they have literally no leverage on dwarfs. I don't know what kind of opponent is the person you'll be going against but from xp dwarf players are unaware how cheesy their armies are even if they try to "tone things down".
>>
>>84519557
>Hey, I'm new to Fantasy, but are the Free Companies a real faction? Having a ragtag army sounds pretty fun.
I just realized I meant Dogs of War, and they appear to be an older faction. Do you think we'll ever see it again?
>>
>>84519394
>>84519418
I too have been having the same problem with the green stuff in the link provided by >>84519403
Maybe we just got unlucky and got a subpar section.
>>
>>84519653
Feared so, but I’m decided on lhamians as I just painted up a bunch,and I can even sneak in a dwarf wight for extra dwarves outrage.

as for opponent cheese levels his ‘themed’ beasts of chaos list involved 14 power dice and screamers. So take from that what you will.

Is it worth it bringing magic?
Ethereals?
Black coach is obviously a no go.

Tempered to commit a cardinal sin and buy zombies to screen blocks.
>>
>>84519394
Are you cutting out the part where the blue and yellow putties are touching? Because you're supposed to.
>>
>>84511963
The best Blood Dragon model in AoS is the mounted Wight Lord converted to have a face.
>>
>>84519746
>post weird picture of camel in some snow country
what? It's just some juxtaposition
>>
>>84519180
Monstrous infantry wasnt very good.

>I can't see how mass melee infantry blobs were anything other than free points
Because theyre the most durable thing. Cheap wounds were simply the best defense,

Yes, vortex spells could kill swaths of infantry, but the effectiveness was often less than on say, monsters or monstrous units. Combine that with steadfast and the fact that cannons suck vs infantry and they were very good.
>>
>>84519764
I got one with a gap and as soon as it was delivered I've separated two parts to be in different containers. No fault on my part, I'm sure.
>>
>>84519770
>haha I don't know what that flag is
go fuck yourself
>>
>>84519902
>uh-oh
weird niche for attention whoring but here's your (you)
>>
>>84519902
Ahh, I understand
>>84519892
sneed harder, faggot
>>
File: undead (17).jpg (587 KB, 1074x1496)
587 KB
587 KB JPG
>>84510110
'ate elves
'ate dwarves
'ate humans

love Nagash
love necromancy
love me curse of years

simple as
>>
>>84519760
Your opponent is a fag for even suggseting such much and I don't really care if he's your bro or not anon.
>Is it worth it bringing magic?
not really, dwarfs can shit out dispel dice and runes without caring.
>Ethereals?
banshee is useless vs ld8 armies and dwarfs are ld9 base. Ethereal hosts are expensive and are the worst thing to bring vs dwarfs because they both die to warmachines and dwarfen gunline (he will play gunline) makes their standard usage almost impossible.
I really don't know what advice to give you except for using 7th edition army book. Especially since you've decided to go Lahmia which are probably the worst choice vs dwarfs. But anyway, take compulsory necromancer and if you have models take only FAST units. No infantry choices except for ghouls. Your only hope is to get into his lines ASAP with cavalry, try to occupy his warmachines with flyers. Black Knights with 5++ vs ranged banner will be your main unit BUT it's kinda worthless anyway bacause you won't have a combat vampire inside.
>>
>>84520035
Warhammer undead (each and every) are the best undead ever.
>>
>>84519507
>friends
>play 40k
Find better friends anon.
>>
File: undead (12).png (358 KB, 482x720)
358 KB
358 KB PNG
>>84520146
*blocks your path*
*casts curse of years*
>>
>>84520264
>*blocks your path*
He has Krell for blocking people's paths.
>>
>>84520264
I'm a vampirefag but Kemmler is megabased. Also he's one of the oldest WH characters ever exisiting prior to 4th edition (or even 3rd?) which is amazing.
>>
>>84519495
>>84519760
If you're going Lahmia it's gonna be a tough game. Lahmias are generally not very good, and especially very un-good against high Ld dwarves.
That being said, I think you should probably go more magic heavy with necromancers and take a wight with the 5+ killing blow weapon.
I'd fill core up with zombies and units of 6 direwolves to try and get flank charges alongside your other units. In special you take a stack of grave guard and a big unit of knights, 4 spirit hosts for screening GGs, and a unit of probably like 5 bats to try and hunt down artillery and screen a bit.
Basicly I think everything is up to GGs and BKs, everything else is just for screening/flanking. Your Lahmia vampires are also gonna be kinda useless probably.
>>
>>84520130
Thanks for feedback anon,
(i know on the cheese levels, you shoulda seen his face when he cracked out his skaven and I knowing their ilk I forewarned him I’d bring a themed, strong list.
Brought basically what you are suggesting but with blood dragons, If you remember that classic old gif of Bret’s knocking aside models it went exactly that way vs my murder knights) except at the last turn I charged out of the murder bus to rip his grey seer a new warphole. He hasn’t used skaven for a year and a half and wasn’t available to play for the next 2Months hahahah, probably had nightmares about blood dragons)

It’s a shame I can’t take 2 asp bows, might be able to counteract bullshit by sniping out champs reliably but since I can’t.

I was considering originally
9 power dice
Count lvl 2 mounted, either mounted or not.
2x necros(+ obligatory vanhel book,periapt)
Either mounted thrall with quick blood and magic sword or wight king duelist.

2x 20 strong skeleton blocks hw+s
Dire wolves x5
3x Ghouls x6

Black knights 1x 11 fc and special banner if mounted general, two units of 6 if not.
4x fel bats
Grave guard mystery number. Probably hw+s

but if you think I won’t be able to even get spells through with that I may as well leave the necros in the bin.
>>
>>84520363
He's even older than that, he goes all the back to Terror Of The Lichemaster in '86. That was at the end of 2e.
>>
>>84519760
14 power dice is a pussy amount of power dice for a 6th edition tzeentch army.
>>
File: the lad.jpg (1.03 MB, 1124x1586)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>
>>84520456
A beastmen army can't really do much more, since only one unit of bestigors can be marked, and minotaurs are kinda expensive and in special, and only minos and bestigors can take marks.
>>
>>84520474
Holy fuck, Kemmler was no joke.
>>
>>84520474
You've got to respect the man for repeatedly beating Vampires, apart from Nagash, he's the only non-vamp necromancer that I can think off who's done it. There is that bit of fluff from 6e about a Necrarch losing a duel against his old apprentice until he suddenly remembers that he's still a Vampire and just snaps his neck, but that doesn't really count.
>>
>>84520593
>until he suddenly remembers that he's still a Vampire and just snaps his neck
vampires are lame
>>
>>84520474
>beats Necrarch vampire and his acolytes, multiple times
>destroys powerful Liche, steals his shit
>dominates part of Tilea
>dabs on Carcassone, kills its duke in battle
>dabs on Bretonnian punitive crusade sent agaisnt him
>kills King of Bretonnia
>kills another Duke of Bretonnia
>corrupts part of Loren
Compare Archaon to Kemmler and laugh
>>
>>84520775
You are lame.
>>
>>84520416
>>
>>84520775
Don't worry Necrobro, you get your revenge when Nagash enslaves all the vampires again.

>>84520837
That's why he's cool, he's just some guy who read some books he shouldn't have, not the chosen of who/whatever.
>>
>>84520416
>>
>>84520870
>>84520896
If you think those are good, take a look at this piece of hotness.
>>
>>84520872
Yeah, that's why I like Kemmler. He's his own man (and a wild card) who does whatever he wants and is not tied to any big fate or agenda except his own.
>>
>>84520870
That art is pvre sovl
>>
File: 20220514_192331.jpg (462 KB, 1600x1200)
462 KB
462 KB JPG
>>84511803
NTA, but I literally just got done doing the same thing, please excuse the moldlines and gaps. I see his point about the ranks, you could maybe do it by cutting the horse tails off, or by having them overhanging the bases by a lot, but it would be a bit finicky.
>>
>>84515100
Where is the original greyscale from? Don't remember seeing Delfs vs Bretonnia before in this style.
>>
>>84520474
Based Heinrich.
>>
>>84521323
It's a pic by Paul Dainton (who did all the best elves artwork) and it was from 7th edition AB (DE).
>>
>>84520264
YOU! SHALL NOT! PASS!
>>
>>84519764
Mine's also separated but I don't store them apart. I'll try that and see if it helps. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!
>>
>>84520910
>>
>>84520264
I'm more of a raise dead man myself.
>>
>>84521359
Thank you very much, do you know anywhere where I can get just the art digitally? Something like a Pinterest or Imgur for that book.
>>
File: 1588196216393.jpg (163 KB, 807x573)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>84521634
I only got low res but bigger one floats in the web.
>>
Would you let a friend use an older codex if it was either all he had, or there's no updated one? I don't know how different the older editions are from each other.
>>
>>84521669
>All he had.
They're all available online, and easy to find.
>No updated one.
Perfectly fine, that's how it always worked.
Earlier books tend to be at a disadvantage, if anything, with a few exceptions.
>>
>>84521663
Shame, but thanks anyway.
>>
Anyone got some cosy army reports on youtube to recommend? Preferable with atleast Chaos, Greenskin or dwarfs as one of the armies.
>>
File: 1490853391427.jpg (102 KB, 598x991)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>84521822
Oh, yeah forgot to mention edition. Primarily looking for 8th ed. but it would be interesting to see how a 6th edition game works.
>>
>>84520409
>General
If you're really hell bent on Lahmians then I'd suggest giving her either Wristbands or (yes) Crown. Offensively - Sword of Might (seriously, VC are fucked in both weapons and armour except for two choices). Run her in a big (10) dire wold unit near your knights so she can debuff battleline but stay out of trouble. Moreover, dire wolves will give her plenty of mobility to encircle and will act as ablative wounds. Her job will be hitting missle troops/artillery but she must stay close enough to main offensive to spread that -1Ld. You might consider Talon of Death which is awesome. At least that's how Id' play it.
>Heroes
I don't know If I'd take any necromancers but yeah, if you want them take those bound items. It's much better than power familiar.
Wight Lord - definitely, yes, sure, of course. He's your best bet vs heavily armoured dwarfs and can fuck up heroes like no tommorow. Be prepared that your opponent will undoubtedly take Rune of Preservation though.
>Core
Skeletons will be useless IMHO. Either easily shot down or destroyed in melee without chance for outnumber If anything, I'd rather make one large block instead of 2x20, this way they could be a threat if Nehek favours you. You can run that 10 man unit as a bait, shield if you must.
Dire wolves - definitely larger units. 5s are ok just not against dwarfs.
Ghouls - same: one large unit of 12 and supporting one of 6. Ghouls are unironicaly quite good vs dwarfs for multiple reasons but you must make sure they act as supporting chargers or attack unit that they can either handle or at least draw against.
>Sepcials
I don't know how your model pool looks like but consider 2 units of 7. One with Banner of 5++, other with WL and Banner of the Barrows. I'd take yet another unit of dire wolves to shield them.
Grave Guard - by me experience you either invest in multiple BK (offensive) or 2 GG blocks (defensive/grind).
>>
Today I learned that Mannfred, Isabella, and Konrad are all references to the Castle of Otranto.
>>
>>84521914
The Von Carsteins are all references to gothic novels. The name itself is from Carmilla.
>>
>>84520409
Have you considered taking a Swain? If you're running the 6e bloodline list, you could potentially bring along a Chaos Champion or something as a beatstick.
>>
>>84521888
contd.
Problem with VC armies is that you have to plan your army formation beforehand since undead have marching limits. If you run your general on mount only fast elements of your force will benefit from his marching aura while your foot contingent will be left far behind. Therefore I suggest droping GG altogether and either taking more chaff or taking more knights/wolves/bats. Also GG are one of the few units in VC army that can and should win by combat and not by CR. For that they need investment in good numbers, fighting heroes (Lahmias and Necrarch do not work here) and banners - and in your list all of that already went to BK.
Fell bats - good, but I'd take 5-6. Expect on or two to be shot down along the way (or even all but that might work to your advantage if your opponent concentrates too much fire on them).

That's basicaly all, essentialy when playing against strong shooting armies it's always better to present many, potentialy dangerous and threathening targets instead of one bomb that's both predictable and easy to destroyed. by volume of firepower. That's why I suggested bigger units and putting your gen in direwolves instead of knights. A props knights - forget about ranks, run them single file. If they got shot by cannon you'll only lose 1 model + you can remove casualties from whatever side you want. It's a micro tactic but by removing models from left/right you might deny your oppnent both range or charge and in addition it will be easier to manipulate characters position within the unit ensuring that they will or won't be in btbt with opponent's characters. To much to write really, you'll get it (or already did, so sorry if I write obvious shit). Anyway, good luck anon. I wish you victory.
>>
>>84512194
You can't. Brutes are just meganobz without guns.
>>
>>84521996
It was "opponent's permission only" anon and I don't think that Chaos Champion is the best choice in that regard. In fact I'd strongly advice against taking him.
>>
>>84522086
>Opponent's permission.
What's the traditional way for a lahmian player to get this?
>>
>>84520870
>>
>>84522555
my first thought upon seeing that picture
>>
>>84521490
>>
>>84522086
Those lists are in majority very powerful (with few underperfoming ones) and most of the players weren't fan of them, so general consensus was "no". As for the Lahmian list it was exactly one of those more powerful ones since Swains were an insane option.
>>
File: latest[1].png (701 KB, 521x720)
701 KB
701 KB PNG
why do ogres like these little guys so much?
>>
>>84522676
dunno, what are they? You do realize it's Warhammer thread? Please post warhammer art.
>>
File: ezgif-3-58f0b98c14.gif (233 KB, 103x119)
233 KB
233 KB GIF
>>84522676
what they can cook tastes way better than them
>>
>>84522676
It's basiclly canon that they and ogres were designed aby the old ones as tandem. Ogres do the fighting. halflings do the logistics, perfect army against chaos.
>>
>>84522603
I think there was one very old WH story that was a parody of Where the Wild Things Are ending with boy returning to his village, slaughtering everyone in their sleep, burning the shit down and returnig to join beastmen. He's even called MAximilian afaik.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (358 KB, 1291x1543)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
>>84522692
>dunno, what are they?
Things that shouldn't exist
>>
>>84522730
>designed aby the old ones as tandem.

>sauri and skinks
>orcs and goblins
>elves and dwarfs
>giants and humans
>ogres and halflings
>>
>>84522636
We used to run games where we'd pool all the zombies and skeletons in the store, and a run them all in the Necromancer's Army list. Fun times.
>>
>>84522844
>elves and dwarves
well that ship has sailed hasn't it
>>
File: halflings.png (63 KB, 1018x182)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>84522761
>>84522692
>>
>>84522676
Halfling cunny erotic UOH!
>>
>>84522761
That art looks like shit and this time it's not "C7 sucks".
>>
>>84521746
>All he had.
>They're all available online, and easy to find.
>No updated one.
>Perfectly fine, that's how it always worked.
>Earlier books tend to be at a disadvantage, if anything, with a few exceptions.
Thanks, that friend is totally not me
>>
>>84517149
>dont play Border Town Burning.
ive heard that thousands of times but it seems like rhetoric, no anons actually ever know or care to share why BTB shouldnt be played
Also i never hear anyone talk about Mutiny in Marienburg, even though its made by the same people and has the same charm yet is more fleshed out and less complicated in some ways
>>
>>84522692
Lol, lmao even.
>>
>>84523048
>Also i never hear anyone talk about Mutiny in Marienburg
Because no one really cares about it. If you want arguments against BtB, here you go:
>lots of overlaping and independent mechanics
difficult to keep track of every additional shit, book having atrocious layout makes things even more annoying
>lack of any semblance of balance
some factions, objectives and warbands are blatantly favoured gaining huge bonuses, campaign warbands are either very weak or OP as fuck
>random happenings, scenarios, encounters
having lots of "lol you die, remove model(s) from your roster"
which is just fucking idiotic, because there's nothing as fun as having your warband effectively destroyed about which you can do absolutely nothing
>loads of additional equipment
that you won't be able to purchase anyway because faggots haven't learned that trading chart in OG Mordheim is fucked and only added a lot of shit with (example) Rarity 10-11-12 costing 80+D6x10.

Anyway - play it or not, your games.
>>
>>84522957
I don't know why don't like it but yeah, it's bad. My criticism is that they went for "lol mad schizo Marius" flanderization which is both lame and cheapens character a lot. I hate C7 shittery but I'd give them that - they can make very good portraits but Marius is one of the worst.
>>
Vampire Coast anon - how does Harkon list play? Can you highlight its strenghts and weaknesses?
>>
>>84511570
> I'm wondering if it points to an increased base size for TOW
almost certainly theres going to be new base sizes
while there are some that will likely go unchanged, im certain there are both bigger bases that gw want to do for TOW, and some alternate bases for some of the old stuff
expect a 30mm base for an inbetween of 25 and 40 bases for bigger infantry that arent quite ogre sized
>>
>>84523296
>Because no one really cares about it.
any reason why? is it just because its fairly new and not that tested? the marienburg setting works well imo due to being able to use mordheim terrain fine, but being non land locked opens it up for boats and seafaring
>>
>>84523296
>some factions, objectives and warbands are blatantly favoured gaining huge bonuses, campaign warbands are either very weak or OP as fuck
not disagreeing with you, but could you give some examples? ive heard marauders are OP but im not sure what makes them that good, also im not sure of which ones are terrible from it.
i like the campaign system even if its a bit flawed, it gives some objectives for your warbands which is nice and can cap off a campaign well.
>>
>>84523454
>ive heard marauders are OP but im not sure what makes them that good
Can't recall the details but there is Marauder option that allows you to have unlimited warhounds and on top of that there's a piece of equipment called whip that gives all warhounds within x" +1A (can't recall if when charging or passive). They also have many of cost efficient henchmen/heroes and magic and marks is just bonkers.
As for the campaign system it was done in GW style - great concept, extremely poor execution. CP points were a fine idea but gaining them is very unfair, with several objectives having a chance of getting several per battle (easily) while other struggle to get 2. I don't want to download that supplement again to find out if I'm right, but IIRC there is one associated with poison that gives you additional CP if you eliminated enemy hero with posioned weapon. I rememebr that in one battle skaven player cashed like, 7 CP in single battle becaue of that and scenario effect.
>>
>>84523569
>Marauder option that allows you to have unlimited warhounds
i think i recall that now yeah, that one seems easily fixable since id likely be playing the marauders, i think its one of their faction things
i like some of the things from BTB and MIM, and id like to do stuff from them, just want to know what needs fixing so it can be a decent time for my players
something i know ill have to change would be nurgles rot, cant let the player who wants to use that destroy the whole campaign with no effort
like, that shit has a 50% chance on proc for each combat, and then doesnt go away, and can randomly spread to other members of your warband
any other ideas of stuff that needs fixing from the main books (empire in flames, core book, annual, lustria)
>>
>>84523628
I can post my groups HR dicument but will do it tomorrow. It's all core rules (mechanics, post battle sequence, inventory, warbands, trading) though. Mayby it will be of use.
One more thing about BTB - it required a shitload of additional terrain. In mordheim you have just buildings, in BTB you needed buildings and essentially entire WHFB repertoire of terrain + underground tiles (actually that was one of the cooler scenarios though not very balanced as well). Anyway, your approach is a good one - take what you want from whatever you find, mix it and make your own campaign.
>>
>>84523671
my idea is to basically make something that meshes well with all the main settings (cathay, marienburg in place of mordheim likely, araby, sartosa, and lustria) and have an easy enough to understand campaign system that can be applied to most of those settings
i might just straight up cut wagon rules since theyre clunky, not implemented that fun, a waste of gold, and situational
>>
>>84522957
>>84523337
Hard disagree, it's pretty good art. Won't comment on its ability to characterize Marius Leitadolf but the drawing itself has a lot of character and personality, even if it's cartoony.
>>
>>84523775
>even if it's cartoony
That's why it's bad though. And it doesn't reflect Marius' character and personality it's a textbook example of flanderization.
>>
>>84523754
>i might just straight up cut wagon rules since theyre clunky
Yup, OG wagon rules are a nightmare and very poorly written. Anytime wagon appeared game takes like 50% more time to resolve all the special rules and there is always misunderstanding with one side feeling cheated afterwards. IMHO focus on Mordheim first, go to Broheim and download the rules for Encampents and see if you can make them work. Also location map made by Pirinen is very handy and cool, take it too.
>>
File: easleydmg.jpg (248 KB, 1024x768)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
I'm coming back to warhammer after being out of it for like, 10 years. This AoS is here to stay I take it? Should I just look for other grognards to use my square bases with or is there a conversion rule?
>>
>>84523825
>That's why it's bad though.
I get not liking a particular style, but it's a good piece of art within the style, precise lines, good layering and shade-work. I disagree on it being flanderized, instead it's charicaturized. Flanderization would imply a particular motif had become the entirety of the piece, which is not the case, what is happening instead is that Leitdorf's outbursts of manic madness (probably inspired by Nero's now that I think about it) has been treated as the theme of that particular artwork, with no pretense that it is all his character has going for him.
>>
>>84520921
Kemmler is a slave to the Chaos gods.
>>
>>84519714
Fingers crossed that we do, anon, they've been one of my go-to armies for both 6th and 8th(using a fan-made list for that edition). It's a quaint little soup army, and given the crumb of attention the border princes region has been given from the TOW warcomm blog updates it gives me a bit of hope they'll come back as a full list army.
>>
File: BlackOrcs.jpg (2.29 MB, 4032x3024)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB JPG
>>84512194
Posted this before but relevant - I got a set of brutes a while back and put classic Orc heads on them. I found that trimming away the "collars" and adding the larger classic heads makes them look a LOT more like classic Warhammer orcs. Of course they're absolutely impossible to rank up, least of all because my autism forced me to put them on regulation sized bases, so they've gone regrettably unpainted.
>>
File: 818ZoyjPJeL.jpg (268 KB, 1400x2148)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
Is anyone looking for a player for a Warhammer Fantasy game on Thursday? I'm free all day.
>>
A LGS has the complete collection of published Zweilhamder books. I know they are even cringier than anything WFRP put out and the author is a jerk, but are they worth getting?
>>
>>84525926
I work full-time and thursday my only rest day at the gym and I use the spare hours for therapy, sorry.
>>
>>84525989
No, they're a solution in search of a problem. Zweihander doesn't bring anything new to the table at all, just recreating 2's rules. It's trying to be the "Pathfinder" spiritual successor to WHFB, which is fair enough, but 2E proper has more and better content, and Zwei fails to make the necessary improvements that would elevate it. It's not a copy of 2E with a better economy, easier bookkeeping, a expanded equipment lists, or any of the things that would make it worth picking up. Play 2E or 4E. (I don't recommend 4E myself because I found the Advantage system to be a shit meme and 2 has more content anyway, but some people seem to like it.)
>>
>>84526022
...Dad?
>>
File: FQej51-agAAh_Zv.jpg (138 KB, 960x1200)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
This is average skaven stormvermin.
>>
>>84526592
Sup buddy?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.06 MB, 4000x2579)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
>>84522761
Can't stop the (fighting) cock(s), tall-let
>>
File: 312204.jpg (161 KB, 623x859)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
Did anyone tried to play WFRP on Warlock! mechanic? Thoughts?
>>
>>84525872
Just use them as fillers in a blorcs unit to represent the odd big 'un.
>>
>>84525926
Sure, what about 16.00 at the usual place?
>>
>>84525926
who is the artist for this cover? I've definitely seen their work but I can't remember their name.
>>
>>84528707
nevermind Found the guy after more digging Stepan Alekseev was his name. and during my delve into Artstation found some art that will probably be used in Winds of Magic most likely for Careers which I will post here.
First one, look like Master Vigilant are back.
>>
>>84528758
The next one is an Alchemist
>>
>>84528764
Scryer which I don't remember if that was Carrer in 1E/2E
>>
>>84528767
last one of these a beadle which in history was a is an official of a church or synagogue who may usher, keep order, make reports, and assist in religious functions; or a minor official who carries out various civil, educational, or ceremonial duties on the manor. so maybe a character that connects the cults to the schools in an official sense
>>
>>84528764
Nice to have this back.
>>
I'll post some more character art I found. this one is character designs for Warhammer Oddesay which I have never off before but it is some SEA Mobile MMORPG still the character design might be useful to someone.
>>
>>84528833
>>
>>84528839
last one of these Warhammer Oddesay character sheets
>>
File: 20220515_202232.jpg (2.1 MB, 4032x2268)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB JPG
Did a bit more work on the slaanesh chaos warriors, and started on a spawn. still a lot to go on the spawn, and the warriors are about halfway. a few of the ones that are built need a few more details and touches.
>>
File: first turn.jpg (4.77 MB, 4128x3096)
4.77 MB
4.77 MB JPG
Played two 6th ed 1k games yesterday. Got a few pics from first one which was VC vs Dwarfs. It ended in a draw.
>>
File: dwarfs.jpg (4.94 MB, 4128x3096)
4.94 MB
4.94 MB JPG
>>84529030
Miners came in on turn 4. Besides that most of my undead were slowly advancing forward. And getting up with Nehek. A few spells worked wonders - like getting 10 hits from Gaze of Nagash into his crossbowmen. On the other hand - funny thing his cannon crew obliterated my fell bats in first round of combat(failed Ld test and remaining models just crumbled).
>>
File: black_knights_charge.jpg (4.98 MB, 4128x3096)
4.98 MB
4.98 MB JPG
>>84529054
>>
File: last_turn.jpg (5.15 MB, 4128x3096)
5.15 MB
5.15 MB JPG
>>84529063
>>
>>84528876
I like the boobs. And the snake/lizard thing.
>>
>>84528876
Love it!
How did you do the teeth on the spawn?
>>84529054
Those are some nice looking dwarf units.
>>
>>84529054
>failed Ld test and remaining models just crumbled
anon...
>>
>>84529266
Yes fucked up undead combat loss and death of general
>>
>>84529030
Nice undead, can we get some pics?
>>
>>84529030
>>84529054
>>84529063
>>84529073
Thanks for sharing, anon. Did you learn anything from the game?
>>
>>84524279
>but it's a good piece of art within the style, precise lines, good layering and shade-work
It's not and it's not really relevant since message of the picture is discussed, not style.
>I disagree on it being flanderized, instead it's charicaturized.
What the hell "charicaturized" means? Also yes, it is flanderization.
>Flanderization would imply a particular motif had become the entirety of the piece
Which, since it's a portrait it does.
>which is not the case
it is
>what is happening instead is that Leitdorf's outbursts of manic madness
there you go, Leitdorf = raving madman
>(probably inspired by Nero's now that I think about it)
you're seriously overthinking it lol
>has been treated as the theme of that particular artwork, with no pretense that it is all his character has going for him.
Lmao. There's no gallery of Leitdorf portraits by C7, it's the only one. What they did is they gave him an idiotic schizo expresion and yes, that implies that it's exactly his character and that's all going on for him. Please.
>>
>>84529502
I think we all can learn that friendship is the true treasure and that you should always protect your general when playing VC.
>>
>>84529595
Are you the guy who was posting yesterday about using his Lahmians? If so, did you find any of the powers useful?

Also, nice side-saddle riding vampire, I've thought about doing the same thing.
>>
>>84529030
Holy shit anon, I recognize that floor, chairs and table! How does the club situation look like? Is it mostly Mordheim as it was a couple of years back or do you also play 6th now?
>>
>>84529625
Not him, sorry.
>>
>>84524673
He's not. Unless you know what his pact was all about in which case pls share.
>>
>>84529183
>How did you do the teeth on the spawn?
Whenever I have spare green stuff when sculpting I roll it in my fingers into small spheres, cones and tentacles, toss them in a tub for later use.
>>
>>84529030
Care to post lists anon?
>>
>>84529722
In Terror of the Lichemaster he was about to die when he was saved by the Chaos gods and in exchange for saving his life he pledged himself to them. In the End Times he openly went against Nagash because he was still loyal to the Chaos gods, which prompted Krell to kill him.
>>
So how many armies could GW realistically support in tOW? They already have 40K, AoS and LOTR as well as all their specialist games so they can't but unlimited resources into tOW.
>>
>>84529898
>In Terror of the Lichemaster he was about to die
so it's an outdated lore
>In the End Times
irrelevant
This >>84520474 shows that chaos gods wanted him to resurrect Krell and in exchange have returned his "sanity" to him. That's it.
>>
>>84530037
I don't really care about TOW but that's a good question. You forget that as per this month HH apparently became a mainline game as well and I really can't see them keeping with stable release schedule for AoS, 40k, HH, Necromunda, Warcry(?), Blood Bowl. MESBG is a special case, Aeornautica and AT at this point are games that GW evidently mistreat and never prioritize. TOW will probably be "will see how it goes and adjust accordingly".
>>
>>84528876
don't take this out of context, but I love your one-eyed snake there, anon
>>
>>84529502
A lot - nothing special in particular, but still it's a jump from Mordheim which I play most often. It was my second wfb game this year. We wanted to get back to 6th pre-coof. But it didn't work out. And now we're giving it another go.
>>84529655
Yes it's still Mordheim for most of the time - but we decided to get back into middlehammer which could get us more people attending(alongside some other niche games). Unfourtunetly since lockdowns we didn't manage to re-build our community, and since attendance is way smaller than it was before we're not sure if we'll be able to hold the place. Which is heartbreaking because club was an active place for quite some time - it was created in early 90s.
>>84529748
Dwarfs from the top of my head:
- thane with rune giving him ASF in unit of 19 hammerers with FCG
- cannon & bolt thrower
- 10 crossbowmen
- 10(?) miners with FCG
My undead consisted of:
- 2x20 skeletons with spears
- 6 dire wolves
- 3 fell bats
- 2x2lvl necromanders(one got spell familiar)
- vampire thrall(with walking death) on a nightmare in unit of black nights with FCG
I may have missed some things.
>>
>>84530314
>- 2x20 skeletons with spears
>- 6 dire wolves
>- 3 fell bats
>- 2x2lvl necromanders(one got spell familiar)
>- vampire thrall(with walking death) on a nightmare in unit of black nights with FCG
Not him but that's not 1k more like 1200
>>
>>84530385
- 2x20 skeletons with spears, 180x2 - 360pts
- 6 dire wolves 60pts
- 3 fell bats 60pts
- 2x2lvl necromanders(one got spell familiar) 100pts+115pts
- vampire thrall(with walking death, Harmour, shield, lance) on a barded nightmare 137pts
- 5 black nights with barding&FCG - 165
looks like 997/1000 - If I fucked up something, let me know
>>
>>84530626
Sorry anon but I'm a retard and readlet. I automatically assumed that skellybros have larmour and misread spell familiar as power familiar.
>>
>>84530155
See I would agree with you that they'd probably just release it and see how it goes but the fact that they've basically stated that every faction from 8th will return as well as at least 2 new factions (Cathay and Kislev) makes me wonder if they're banking on tOW being a big hit and are going all in.
>>
>>84528772
>>84528767
>>84528764
>>84528758
>Anon goes looking for an artist
>finds spoilers for an upcoming book
noice
>>
File: _20220515_162252.jpg (1.2 MB, 4952x1719)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
> from the Total War art book

Did I miss something?
>>
File: plaguepriest.png (249 KB, 824x676)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
Just had a 1500pts with my skaven against some dorfs. It ended with a draw and some impressive dice throws, especially when I hit 12 miners with my poison wind mortar, and wounded none.
Also, this little fella killed 8 ironbreakers, 10 warriors, 10 plague monks and a pack master with a single spell
>>
>>84530960
love the colours on that rat anon, glad you had fun
>>
>>84530960
>The average Stirlander
>>
File: IMG_7193 - Copy.jpg (438 KB, 1300x827)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
Done with the grave guard, actually bought and assembled these on release when I was 12 but never painted them until now
>>
>>84530908
The game is two years late due to Covid.
>>
>>84531131
really cool
>>
>>84531132
even longer considering we have yet to really hear any news on TOW yet.
>>
File: alvaro-jimenez-jacobw.jpg (78 KB, 540x810)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>84530779
found even more by the same guy which I don't think has been used yet in a published book
>>
>>84531187
since these are NPC I would guess this is for an upcoming Adventure or the Salzumund book
>>
>>84531192
last one
>>
>>84529595
>I think we all can learn that friendship is the true treasure
Well, it's all about having fun, so checks out
>>84530314
Hope you get to play more games and have fun, anon!
>>
>>84525989
Fuck off, Daniel.
>>
>>84530908
>CA going full alternative reality schizo
omg this is hilarious
>>
>>84530314
>not sure if we'll be able to hold the place
Oh no. We can't allow that to happen! I'll be able to attend with my 2 6th ed buddies (empire, HE and ogres) but we're talking september here. I presume not being kicked out is related to money? How much is membership now? Also do you have any house rules (HE)? When do you meet?
>>
>>84531192
Is that a vampire bard? Are the Lahmians trying to corner the indieband altgirl market too?
>>
>>84532675
their character portraits for an Adventure called Ten strings so either she is pastsy who has cursed artifacts or a vampire.
>>
>>84530908
>During 2020, Kislev returned as a playable faction in Games Workshop's renowned tabletop game.
Wait, what?
>>
>>84532675
have you considered hanging yourself?
>>
>>84532738
GW tries to legitimize their drivel by forcing CA to lie about state of affairs.
>>
File: E2uuRNyXwAAwWTt.jpg (138 KB, 868x920)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>84532711
I love it when my shitposting is right.

>>84532796
Nah babe, I'm already hung.
>>
>>84529723
Aight, I myself tend to roll remaining gs into balls of varying sizes for eyes/boils.
Would you mind elaborating a bit on how you roll them into cones or is it just a matter of rolling out one side more than the other?
>>
>>84532812
That's a bold strategy, Cotton, since one quick google search proves that GW is lying
>>
>>84532922
Don't forget that GW is retarded anon.
>>
>>84532650
The thing is, it's not about the money. It's complicated, but long story short administration changed and they've been avoiding the topic of prolonging contract agreement. As for the meetings currently we've got the place available twice in a month on Saturdays. Closest one will be on 28th of May(if you'd like to know more drop a pm on Dębowa Tarcza facebook account). And when it comes to 6th - no house rules yet - it's still to early with getting hang of it after all these years.
>>
File: 20220515_203706.jpg (807 KB, 1690x2382)
807 KB
807 KB JPG
I want to paint a night sky pattern on this guy's cloak. Am I in for something fastidious and complicated?
>>
>>84533074
>Am I in for something fastidious and complicated?
Depends on your skill and confidence. Main problem I see would the capes recesses.
>>
>>84533074
>I want to paint a night sky pattern on this guy's cloak.
If you mean stars n sheit it's not really difficult, there are some tutorials online
>>
>>84533074
If you prime black it might not be so bad
>>
File: caledor.png (1.1 MB, 1016x818)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>84533074
something like this?
>>
>>84533074
Remember to "layer" the stars as far as size, brightness and specific shade is concerned
>>
>>84533431
More blue but yes essentially.
>>
File: 100_1273.jpg (1.41 MB, 3216x2937)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>84533588
I did this back in 2018 I think, I used this nail painting tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WaiHzNc-Jk
I also did it on my celestial wizard
>>
>>84533610
Very nice, thanks.
>>
>>84529625
Yeah I’m still here crunching lists. My game will prolly be 2k.

>>84530314
>>84530626
Awesome anon, looks like a rad time. How did the spears treat you against dwarves?
I’ve got a 2k 6e against dwarves this very weekend.
>>84530960
Sweet as anon, amazing when a man(or rat I guess) really makes himself a legend.
>>
>>84530908
They mean TOW reveal ?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.