[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I truly don't get it. Why are people hyped up for these guys?

They literally just look like generic and boring cadians with spikes. Its like the most generic and PG rated chaos influence I've ever seen.

Third party companies have been making far more interesting traitor guardsmen for years. I just don't get it.
>>
>Third party companies
alright, fess up, who are you shilling for?
>>
>another "ugh these new toys are so ugly!" post
Containment board for pauldrones when?
>>
File: ub1smht.jpg (43 KB, 400x350)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>84482640
>>
File: f9m743i3kaf41.jpg (159 KB, 1500x1500)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
I'll just post a few examples of good 3rd party stuff i found on the front page of google...
>>
GW paypigs will buy actual shit as long as there's a GW sticker on it
>>
>>84482656
>>84482672
I'm genuinely curious. Like they actually look so generic and boring compared to a cursory browse through 3rd party chaos cultists/renegade guard
>>
is this a marketing attempt?
>>
File: oathbreakers-3d-model-stl.jpg (584 KB, 3189x1793)
584 KB
584 KB JPG
>>84482719
Figured it was that much, but its always sad to see. The paypiggery never made sense to me.

Why would you ever pay GW prices when you can get models elsewhere that are higher quality, cheaper, and arguably fit better into the 40k universe?
>>
>>84482692
>>84482723
>>84482760
I don't think any of these look much different to what's in the OP.
>>
>>84482760
>>84482723
>>84482692
hey man, these all kinda suck. these new GW models are cool because they're a base you can convert to your hearts desire for whatever god you want. like cadians.
>>
>>84482723
>>84482692
>>84482760

These aren't viable as traitor guardsmen for me specifically because they're wearing non-standard guard flakk armour, Cadian armour is generally accepted to be the "Standard" guard infantry kit so any traitor guardsmen in the galaxy are probably going to be wearing that basic kit, not whatever these guys are wearing.

Of course if you're looking for god specific or legion specific guard support elements you're better off going third party, but since I'm specifically looking for spikey cadians I'll obviously prefer the spikey cadians.
>>
>>84482760
Also these guys specifically are proportioned like space marines LARPing as traitor guardsmen, they're Jacked.
>>
>>84482874
>chest piece
>pauldrons

Every guy I posted has those, they have the same style of armor as cadians, but just look far more chaos inspired than the bland GW ones
>>
>>84482754
>talking about non-GW minis are marketing
>>
>>84482640
>Third party companies
literally who cares?
>>
>>84482640
>Why are people hyped up for these guys?
Nufags who are excited for a repackaged monopose sprue that already came and went with BSF. They don't mind have zero options or that their models are going to all be identical clones with the same poses as everyone else's. Chaos cultists are one of the easiest thing to convert and people still gobble this shit up
>>
>>84482663
you're on it, genius
>>
File: 1575137082533.png (318 KB, 700x819)
318 KB
318 KB PNG
>>84482874
>these aren't viable as traitor guardsmen because they aren't wearing cadian kit

Does that mean you think that steel legion, vostroyans, catachans and the myriad of other regiments out there that don't wear cadian kit aren't "viable" guardsmen?

What a fucking retarded argument from a coping paypig.
>>
File: chaoscuck.png (55 KB, 170x164)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>84482640
NOOO YOU HAVE TO LET A 3RD PARTY DECIDE HOW YOU WANT YOUR IP PORTRAYED
>>
File: Fuck Off.png (19 KB, 526x379)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>84483188
>These aren't viable guardsmen for me specifically because they're wearing non-standard guard flakk armour
>for me specifically
>Of course if you're looking for god specific or legion specific guard support elements you're better off going third party, but since I'm specifically looking for spikey cadians I'll obviously prefer the spikey cadians.

This is my reason for preferring GW guardsmen over the more detailed third party alternatives and not at all the objective statement on traitors you're attempting to make it sound like. Stop putting words in my mouth you disingenuous faggot.
>>
>>84482640
Stay in your goddamn containment thread.
>>
File: 9598281.png (269 KB, 715x560)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>84482874
>These aren't viable as traitor guardsmen for me specifically because they're wearing non-standard guard flakk armour
Aren't you tired to spout so much shit ?
>>
>>84483078
You are fucking blind and a retarded poser. Those are a new multipart kit and not the ones that came in a big sprue mixed with other minis in the BSF box.
This is the traitor equivalent of the cadian kit. 10 unique bodies with multiple options.
>>
>>84482692
Yeah artel is better than GW but just as expensive
>>
>>84484125
Is it though?
>>
Yeah I'm not a fan of them at all
The ogryn is decent but the guardsmen are ugly, both in the style and design and the sculpt itself
I prefer the old traitor guardsmen sculpts
>>
>>84483320
huh?
>>
>>84482692
>>84482723
>>84482760
These look more like professional chaos soldiers than imperial renegades
>>
>>84483084
Wrong again, kiddo.
>>
The plastic Death guards of Krieg look terrible compared to the forgeworld sculpts and yet everyone loved those
I think people just have shit taste
>>
>>84482692
Those are some big guys...
>>
>>84482692
>>84482723
>>84482760
>No sprue
>resin instead of plastic
Garbage

>>84482640
Who and where? Box looks like shit
>>
>>84482799
>>84482803
>>84482874
holy shit are the shills out in force today?
>>
>>84485161
>guy posting ads for models
>nah they don't do it for me
>oh my god a shill
>>
>>84482760
>>84482723
>>84482692
These look like shit and don't fit into the 40k aesthetic. Hate it when people bring this shit to the table.
>>
File: img3f0ce7a704e68.jpg (69 KB, 600x645)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>84483565
But they arent even wearing cadian armour you stupid nigger. The helmet is about the same (without the aquila obviously) but the body lacks the tits and the lasgun is a different type. Youd be better off just buying some Cadians and sticking spikes on if thats what youre after. Also
>any traitor guardsmen in the galaxy are probably going to be wearing that basic kit, not whatever these guys are wearing.
This sentence right here is what took your post from subjective to objective in nature
>>
>>84485075
UU
UU
>>
>>84482723
... no the don't?
>>
>>84482640
I will still go to recasters.

Traitor Guard looks best when Forgeworld did it.

I more want the comissiar and ogryn
>>
File: 1513287266905.png (1.85 MB, 1161x1601)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
>>84482640
I think they are cool, only wish they also had autoguns or other patterns of lasguns as an option.Lucius-patern lasguns on non-Kriegers is seems a bit off to me.

Also, has anyone printed the not-Vraksians from Davidkdesigns?
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/assault-at-kravs
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/assault-at-kravs-the-second-assault
>>
>>84482692
>russian
eh poor taste right now
>>
>>84482640
Because I liked the BSF guardsmen and these are more of those
>They literally just look like generic and boring cadians with spikes. Its like the most generic and PG rated chaos influence I've ever seen.
Did you want basic chaos footsoldiers to look like csm possessed?
>>
>>84487854
How so?
>>
>>84482754
>>84482957
>GW faggots are such kikes that even talking about other miniatures is "marketing"
lmao jesus christ talk about being a stockholm syndrome cuck
>>
>>84488479
He's boycotting 150 million people because their president did something that the American media, big tech, and Twitter told him to be upset about
>>
>>84488492
Worst of all is when you go into a flgs and the 40k players and staff won't let you play with third party or 3d printed minis. GW has literally duped their entire player base into being irl jannies who enforce GW's rules so you have to buy their toys
>>
>>84488501
>the American media
The British Broadcasting Corporation is American now?
>>
>>84488531
They both serve the same international elites
>>
>>84488551
its true everyone is elite compared to russia
>>
>>84488531
NATO ally+under the Burgersphere Hegemony+perfidious albion=blame em for whatever and you're probably right
>>
>>84482640
>They literally just look like generic and boring cadians with spikes. Its like the most generic and PG rated chaos influence I've ever seen.
Isn't that part of the appeal of traitor guardsmen, that they're only a few steps down the road to damnation and not full on warp-monsters?

Don't get me wrong, some of the models are crappy but I can understand the appeal of the aesthetic if nothing else.
Sometimes people want to play as the falling instead of the fallen.
>>
>>84488501
>>84488551
>>84488574
why are far right slavs so retarded.
>in a thread about a Brit company
>on an English site
>crying because someone doesn't like a russian knock off brand
You absolute moron bitches.
>>
>>84485045
People are just happy they’re on the GW store now, that’s it. They only care if the GW brand is on it
>>
>>84482692
>>84482723
>>84482760

Nice Imperial Storm Troopers bro.

Oh, what's that? You thought Chaos Guard wouldn't look like a bunch of deserters covered in spikes?

For the most part, Chaos Guard are like one step above cultists, and some times not even then. Why the fuck would CSM invest in shittier non-CSM troops beyond the bare minimum? Chaos Guard should look basic and mismatched as fuck. Your posts look like edgy Storm Troopers instead of Guardsmen mislead and turned with what ever they had on hand. Why should they have good or creative shit? They're literal bullet sponges at worst, possible aspirants at best.
>>
>>84488650
>gw should be shit because why not
>also i have no idea what hte fluff is and i don't understand the importance of aesthetics
pure conSOOMer cope.
here, look at these 3rd party miniatures they understand the aesthetics much better than gw does. :^)
They're rabble but not a bunch of fucking blackstone rejects cobbled together to recoop the cost of the sculpts and printing.
the other guys are just based on the cadians but ratty, no idenity but THING BUT BAD
it's lazy and it's shit and i'm sad to be a chaos player because paypiggies like you will lap it up
>>
>>84482874
>i do not understand anything the post
>>
>>84482760
>>84482723
>>84482692
give me something better, they're all trying to be bloodpact but worse given you could just go to anvil minis or something or recasted vrakians
>>
>>84489595
It's a little bit dumb to talk about "cobbling together" models and being "based on the cadians" when the Vraksian Militia kits literally did not come with their own arms and legs and needed Cadian bits to be assembled fully
>>
>>84489595
>calls anons conSOOMers and paypiggies
>has been buying FW resin infantry for years
The sunken cost fallacy is real, lmao.

Listen retard. The new traitor guard looks fucking perfect for what they're intended to be. A multipart vaguely spiky cadian plastic kit with 10 plain unique bodies ready to be built as is or customized (just like the new Krieg). They're supposed to be generic and that's a good thing.

Chaosfags have been waiting for fucking decades for a traitor IG plastic kit and you're going to pretend now those are bad when the BSF were widely praised except for not having more of them to make a R&H force?
GTFO contrarian poser.
>>
File: 1631210116106.png (176 KB, 485x393)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>BSF traitor guardsmen (unacceptably) had only 7 sculpts, but their designs were well-received
>GW makes more models based on them, and in a full squad size
>people are complaining about this
>>
>>84489658
>no, anon, you don't understand, those are based and redpilled even if they were twice the price of a cadians box because they're old and resin. Meanwhile the new plastic traitor kit that will give you more bang for the buck with better proportioned models is onions and tranny and coosoomer and paypig
the retard ITT, probably
>>
>>84489692
yeah it really reads like he's just mad that they aren't to his taste visually
>>
>>84489672
I got years ago a spare BSF sprue with the 7 unique traitor IG and other monsters just waiting for this moment I knew It would come.

I suspect Traitor IG will be an option in the furure Guard codex rather than the CSM codex.
>>
>>84482640
Aren’t these the Blackstone Fortress models?
>>
>>84489724
Only the commisar and the ogryn that were in separate sprues. The troopers are brand new and look like a multipart kit like the new Kriegs.

The traitor IG troopers in BSF came in a big sprue mixed with other monsters and models that was later sold as the Servants of the Abyss kit.
>>
>>84482640
I think it's not as much the models as recognizing Traitor Guard as an actual army. These guys are supposed to be the majority of Chaos aligned enemies the Imperium faces, yet in the tabletop they're represented by the lame cultists in Chaos Marines codices.
After they released the new Tanith models you'd think they'd follow up with their most common opponents.

That said I agree third party manufacturers make much better traitor guard.
>>
>>84489669
>they look perfect
no they don't dipshit, some are all right for the look but nigga i expect fucking more from GW. there's something off, something fucking missing, somethings not fucking right and i think it's because the shit is lashed together, very fucking rigidly adheres to the cadian aesthetics but RANDOM bits.

this is a consistent fucking issue with chaos and it's driving me fucking mad, the new shit they're rolling out, how they're going to fuck up world eaters by making them brass with fucking red highlights. fucking hell the 8th ed release was a fluke i swear.

>just like the fucking kriegers
It's yet to be seen if they're actually properly customizable even then they're going to be over costed because of the melee options on the sprue. they're chaff units.
also nigga
you're paying FW resin prices for gw shit now considering fucking inflation, go talk to a chinaman if you can.
>>84489697
as opposed to fucking what smart guy? objectively measurably bad?
people still buy numarines by the boatload so what fucking good would that be?
What a fucking actually fucking retarded take
>oh i have an issue with fucking chaos marines being 90% brass trim
>guess it's just not to your taste visually
yeah no shit it's a fucking mess, and here it's (largely) a mess too. there's some leverage in that they're skirmish fuckers, some don't look too bad. but even then they're just cadians who started shooting heron and live in the crack shack. it's just the watering down of aesthetics here.
>>
>>84489692
>THEY'RE BETTER PORPORTIONED
>BETTER BANG FOR YOUR BUCK (60-70usd for 10 because them extra bits)
>BUZZWORD BUZZWORD BUZZWORD
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: 1636482883086.png (76 KB, 225x225)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
>>84482640
>monopose horde units
>>
>>84482723
>>
>>84482723

Who’s the maker of these?
>>
>>84482640
>Everyone is literally based off "the virgin" meme
>Everyone is thin and gangly
>Weird gay dildo spikes everywhere

For once I honestly just want GW to make a regular force of dudes who just don't agree with the Imperium rather than all this weird mutation shit
>>
>>84489843
>>84489867
>somethings not fucking right
>it's driving me fucking mad,
>objectively measurably bad
>the watering down of aesthetics.
>reddit
Ah, the mind of the uppity Karen-like consoomer manchild when reality doesn't give a fuck about their petty whims.
>>84489900
They're not "monopose". The arms, heads and accesories are optional just like most GW kits in the last years just like Skitarii or Krieg.
>>84489962
being thin is fine for poor malnourished bastards, but I'd admit they look too "athletic" for lack of a better word.
>>
>>84482640
I don't like them, but don't hate them, I preffer some of the 3rd party posted in the thread and much more the FW ones, but the thing that feels off from this new traitors are the proportions, they look closer to infinity proportions than GW heroic scale.
>>
>>84482692
Artel have great minins.
>>
>>84482640
A friend of mine is excited for the kitbash potential to use the more ramshackle arms for Savlar Chem Dogs.

Another friend had some of the BSF ones he painted in a French Revolution theme and wants a full kill team.

I know that these would be the only GW infantry models for a Traitor Imperialis Militia and Cults army in HH that would require no conversion at all, discounting the commissar.

And they're something that's part of the lore and BL novels all the time, but woefully underrepresented on the tabletop. I bet there's gonna be quite a few converted Blood Pact armies soon.

I'm just interested in the rules because I love the 3rd ed Lost and the Damned, and it's both bringing that playstyle back into 9th and will make it easier to convince some people in my FLGS to try some 3rd edition with the books I've been recently collecting.
>>
>>84489843
>whines about not being spoonfed by GW
>delusional headcanon
>call others consoomers
like clockwork, all these retards are the same in all GW threads
>>
>>84490126
They look visually compatible with Krieg parts and weapons, so there's going to be many ways to customize them.
They already have Legends rules in 9e that you can see here:
>https://wahapedia.ru/wh40k9ed/factions/renegades-and-heretics/
But maybe they'll get new rules in the future Imperial Guard codex as a type of regiment. It makes sense as a way to have all the other vehicle datasheets in the same place.

Meanwhile i'm going to mix them with my BSF traitor IG in a Kill Team rooster maxing out the options.
>>
>>84482692
all their armor being identical is soulless
GW's all look individualised like they should
>>
>>84482723
>I'm genuinely
lmao my ass off
kys
>>
Gamza stop spamming these threads
>>
>>84482656
NTA
Anvil Industries and Madrobotminiatures make some pretty good traitor guard looking bits and bits that can be used for traitor guardsmen or renegade militias.

By any chance does anybody know of some good IG Crusader proxies/lookalikes? 3rd party or 3D printed.
>>
>>84490126
Chaos Mutants was one of my favourite boxes. I sound like a massive boomer who can't move on but I wish they did stuff like that again. Several sprues from different kits in one box and let you build whatever the fuck you wanted.
>>
>>84483078
>a repackaged monopose sprue that already came and went with BSF

You aren't paying attention, are you? Everything in that box, save the Commissar and Ogryn are new sculpts, and they specifically said these are plastic multipose kits, which makes sense because it's KILL TEAM. Every other new kit introduced, like the Sisters, the Krieg and the Corsairs were all new sculpts, this is that for this box.
>>
>>84482874
>Cadian armour is generally accepted to be the "Standard" guard infantry kit
Fuck you
>>
>>84482874
The new Traitor Guard aren't wearing Cadian armour either tho...
>>
File: 1651984847867.jpg (558 KB, 800x450)
558 KB
558 KB JPG
>>84490572
No, fuck you lorelet. "Cadian" is the default and it has been so for decades in RL and 10k years in universe.
Try to keep up.
>>
>>84490589
They look like they're cobbled together out of whatever the fuck they can find and salvage, as deserters of the Guard who turned to Chaos should.
>>
>>84490593
The amount of greenstuffing the back of the helmet to make it look like the "Cadian" pattern armor or whatever that is called will be annoying over time.
>>
>>84490589
yes they are, are you blind? Look at the chest-plates and shoulder-pads, some of them even have those silly little ankle-guard things that cadians have. They're wearing, largely, cadian flakk armor. It's just not all upkept perfectly and they're missing pieces, because, ya know, they're renegades?
>>
>>84490597
and then how do the stl's posted look like they
>aren't viable as traitor guardsmen for me specifically because they're wearing non-standard guard flakk armour
They all have(bar the artel w one) a base armour that isn't Cadian Flakk and looks like it's been modified.
>>
>>84488501
eat shit dumbass
>>
I like that they are moving towards human proportions but some of those hands are a bit a off (as an aside I wonder how long it will be before the stooges stop pretending that toddler proportions are "better for wargaming" or whatever)
>>
>>84490647
wrong
>>
>>84482640
Yeah they suck, they arent tacky enough
>>
File: traitor-kill-team.png (196 KB, 359x303)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
>>84490622
are you fucking blind? The chest plates are very different. The traitor guard have a much rounder chest that loops under arm and extends further to the waist. While the cadians have tits. The shoulder pads are the closest but look more like the new krieg models chest plates. The traitor guard also have armoured wrists.
>>84482760
The Oathbreaker stl posted by that anon looks far closer to the traitor guard than Cadians do. Which is what he said doesn't look like Cadians therefore the gw ones are superior.
>>
>>84490661
which bit?
>>
>>84490708
I'll concede the chest section is different but the rest is the same, clearly the main point of the models is the idea that they are guard deserters and their armor is meant to look like the remaining pieces of boring standard issue armor
>>
>>84482640
Chaos players are the second biggest consoomers (the first being marinefags). So of course they'll lap up any turd crapped out by GW.
>>
What is the point of Chaos?
Seriously those guy dont even want to create a empire where they are free to worship who they want, study warp and shit
They just watch crabs and think "that is what I want to become"??
>>
>>84490734
>clearly the main point of the models is the idea that they are guard deserters and their armor is meant to look like the remaining pieces of boring standard issue armor
and I completely agree, it's why I like the models. But my original post was directed at the anon who claimed the gw one was fine but the Oathbreaker one wasn't fine due to the fact that it doesn't resemble the Cadians. Despite the fact that both look more similar to each other than Cadian flakk. I'm not saying they don't look like traitor guard, I'm saying by his standards they don't look like traitor guard any more than the stls he's poo-pooing.
>>
>>84490794
Wrong question.
Chaos in 40k is the ultimate expression of human sins. The more you give yourself to base bloodlust, excess, despair, betrayal... the more you feed it and the more it owns you.

And soldiers even in RL are always very close to the edge of those. Now add powerful beings like daemons and corrupted humans and basic troopers becoming chaos bitches is routine.
>>
>>84487841
Oh hey, official confirmation that autoguns are basically the same power as 7.62 NATO. Since autoguns and lasguns are the same strength, it makes me wonder where people get the figure of "a lasgun is like a .50 BMG round bro, it'll vaporize you"

Are /tg/ posters the 40k equivalent of fudds?
>>
>>84482640
>non-augmented 'umie wielding a non-powered melee weapon
ohhh noooo, save meee
>>
>>84490914
Autoguns have always been 7.62 equivalents (imagine shooting 5.56 against a fucking ork, lol)
But lasguns vary a lot, and some patterns have controls to change the strengh at the cost of having less shots per battery pack. It's a lot more unclear, but i'll agree that the basic IG lasgun should fire 7.62 equivalents too as a base line.
>>
File: ChaosInfestedWorld.png (853 KB, 904x615)
853 KB
853 KB PNG
>>84490794
They do try to make mini-empires: the Blood Pact made a mini Khornate military dictatorship, the Plague Stars and the Tzeenchian equivalent and the Word Bearers had chaos worlds in places like the Maelstrom etc.
>>
>>84490967
think there are little order cults plotting in hiding?
>>
>>84485196
40k's aesthetic is exactly these things lol
>>
>>84490966
I always believed that the base lasgun is the M14 in space.
>>
>>84490593
You are everything wrong with 40k
>>
>>84491108
The existence of a default mass produced IG kit doesn't make dissappear all the other kino regiments and their cultural quirks.
*You* histerical morons are everything wrong with 40k.
>>
>>84490984
Probably not since most fanatic Imperials would throw themselves at possessed Marines and Landraiders. A reverse Inquisition trying to eradicate holdouts of the imperial creed or the resident GS cult would be hilariously ironic.
>>
>>84491125
>The existence of a default mass produced IG kit
Is a completely asinine idea in a galaxy spanning feudal empire where worlds are supposed to be equipping thier own regiments.
>>
>>84491165
You headcanon is wrong in a galaxy spanning empire where technology is guarded by a religious cult that has been mass producing shit for thousands of years on the basis of a template system left over from before the fall of mankind. The imperium was conquering pocket empires armed with lasguns, rhinos and predators in the Great Crusade.

Cultural and local variations are to be expected, but a base line must definitely exist. Specially when the 40k IG was deliberately created in the aftermath of the Horus Heresy.
>>
>>84482640
>Why are people hyped up?

It's called advertising, GW releases something, all the shills go on overdrive on public forums.
>>
>>84491916
>all the shills go on overdrive on public forums.
yeah, all the small shops selling traitor IG proxies must be fuming at GW finally delivering a plastic kit.
>>
>>84492607
>yeah, all the small shops selling traitor IG proxies must be fuming at GW finally delivering a plastic kit.
Pardon my autism if that is satire.
Shouldn't small online webstores be absolutely livid when something like the traitor guards are being released and especially when it means 40k will have rules for them?
I think it means that they will get customers looking for alternative miniatures to have their army be more unique or just anti Citadel miniature autists or more reasons. It means sales in the end if I recall correctly.
>>
>>84492648
3rd party minis are fine if they look the part (I really like Tox Troopers for nurgle/DG armies)
But just look at the OP to see a shill trying to push them over the incoming official product.
>>
>>84492776
>But just look at the OP to see a shill trying to push them over the incoming official product
Fair enough I guess.
>Tox troopers
Name of the manufacturer so I can have a gander at the 3rd party minis, please?
>>
>>84492867
edinburgh miniature company
>>
>>84492969
Thanks!
They look pretty good. Not my cup of tea, but totally understand if someone loves them.
For me it is always about the Vraksian Traitor guard with their bags over their heads or gas masks.
Madrobotminis makes some close enough looking proxies for those kinds of miniatures.

I don't recall AnvilIndustries having similar miniatures nor do I think Victoriaminis has such either.
>>
>>84490708
The round look is going to be the new standard, they're remaking the entire Cadian line in new proportions. It's going to be a dual system release, doubling as 30k Imperial Army.
>>
>>84493102
>doubling as 30k Imperial Army
This would make a ton of sense, even if the box branding is confusing for newbies.
>>
>>84493018
Vraks renegades were militia/PDF, not guard. That's why they only have uniforms and weapons, composite armour kit wasn't part of their equipment and they had to use improvised furnace plate armour and hood rigged gas masks.
>>
>>84493170
>Vraks renegades were militia/PDF, not guard.
My mistake then.
I guess what makes a traitor guard different from a renegade chaos militia is through looking more uniform and better equipped?
>>
>>84493198
>>84493018
Check Davidkdesigns >>84487841
>>
>>84493198
Yes, same as any PDF and guard. With very rare exceptions like Cadia, Krieg and Catachan, the world's own military doesn't have to deal with much and really only has the basics, with maybe a few hundred kits of carapace and a couple tank regiments. Think real world armies with some 40k tech. Guard has to fight space uglies, so they get sci-fi-ium armour for everyone and guns that actually can take out orks, nids and other sci-fi soldiers. Of course, guard also gets a lot of vehicles for combined arms, and militias won't have that.
>>
>>84493198
nta, but yeah.
Guardsmen are supposed to be way better troops with better equipment, with Stormtroopers/Scions/etc being the elite.
Planetary Defence Forces and Militia can vary wildly between worlds.
Cultists are just deranged mixed rabble of varied quality down to mutants and beastmen (these are the type deployed as meatbags from CSM ships lower decks)
>>
>>84493102
That's pretty dope. Guard need a proper update rather than just the sprue they got.
>>
>>84493325
>That's pretty dope. Guard need a proper update rather than just the sprue they got.
I'm pretty sure that the new Cadian sprue just being heads and bits has practically confirmed that the guardsmen are not getting a full update in a long time. I am hoping they get updated and stay at a scale similar to the plastic kriegers but I am not so sure.
It still impresses me how those different heads really improve the overall Cadian bodies.
>>
>>84482640
>The guard traitors look like guard with added bits showing their new allegiance
What did you expect?
>>
>>84493391
I disagree, it being specifically just heads and some extra gear makes it compatible with a new base kit. They'll simply replace the 3e mould with a new one in the same style as the KT guys, and the extra bits (as well as GSC upgrades) will carry over. This is an important distinction from the update they did to old 3e marines back in the day, when the new bits were cast in the same mould as the old squatty bodies.
>>
>>84482640
I actually dig how they more subdued version of traitor guard.

You can always plus them up with more stuff and these look easy to customize to your traitor theme of choice.
>>
>>84490572
>>84491108
Cry about it
>>
Give me the assholes from Necropolis and I will literally consider playing a chaos army, and not just in Kill Team.
>>
>>84493821
The Zoicans? I'd kill to have their siege engines as models.
>>
>>84493821
>>84494573
It's a nice touch to have one of the enemy guys be a Leonardo-tier genius from nothing who, unable to actually practice his intellectual curiosity in the Imperium, inevitably turns to Chaos. Like in any functional state Asphodel is far less likely to turn to Chaos.
>>
>>84482760
For me: Plastic.
>>
>>84485075
For you
>>
Canj I have a chaos leman russ in my csm army somehow? Or there's legal heretics army list?
>>
>>84497655
no
>>
>>84491165
The worlds that produce the armies aren't the ones producing the gear lorelet, they're all based on old designs and mass produced on forgeworlds you lorelet.
>>
>>84489843
>there's something off, something fucking missing, somethings not fucking right
nice ironclad argument you troglodyte
you don't even fucking know why you don't like them god damn
>as opposed to fucking what smart guy? objectively measurably bad?
How about just saying "I don't like these" and accepting it like a mature adult instead of screaming and shitting yourself? If you don't like them, don't buy them. If you like the Vraksian Militia models so much, then get recasts of them. If you like 3rd party models, then order those. Your bitching achieves nothing.
>>
>>84497655
Renegades and Heretics have Legends (official but semi-legal rules that aren't allowed in tournaments) rules and that includes taking leman russ tanks
>>
>>84490093
>this post
jesus christ you're a faggot
>uses karen
holy shit i was right, pure fucking redditor, you have to go back
>>
>>84499641
>nice ironclad argument you troglodyte
okay let's actually fucking think
i described my fucking issues, "they're based on the cadians, they're generic generally the don't have a good cohesive feel" all of that
that's an aesthetic complaint and that's the issue, that's a reasonable fucking issue they sell only models.

Fuck do i need to point at the primaruis kart and break out fucking design laws or someshit to explain why it's bad? it's art technically, use your fucking eyes, have some fucking taste.
Let's point to say the new praetors as control, the fucking weird executioner who can't fit into any army, with his weird fucking stormcast armor? is that a problem or should i just accept it, act like an adult (because we all know adulthood is acting like a 18th century child?

well let's get into more detail. the commissar is gay, always has been. pose is half assed, limp and uninspiring. there's a reason why no one fucking bought him.

The other guys have some things i like, the butcher is reasonable for a chaos character. the biggest problem is we are overflowing with rabble already, we have chaos cultists released we have access to GSC, necromunda and cadians already all for the same price or less.
If they wanted to make a generic LnD army they could, and frankly they ought to have differentiated them from the cadians and the chaos rabble to make them not compete
but what we have is random ork armor bolted on to shit, spikes and bullshit. because that's all chaos is now, brass trim and random shit.
most notably they're built to be skrimish units and to stand out and are not conducive to fucking fielding them as intended price or design wise.
same with the kriegers

>how about
i did.
clearly the irony of bitching about my bitching hasn't struck through that skull of yours, why don't you just take your own advice eh?
>>
>>84491143
No one expects the Logar Inquisition!
>>
>>84490914
Autoguns and lasguns are only one strength less than a bolter, which fires a fragmenting armour-penetrating RPG rocket that can vapourise a man's head or hollow out their entire torso. 40K game stats are the broadest of brushes, they put weapons into general categories they don't imply that everything within a category is literally the same "power level".

Autoguns work like regular guns because they're regular guns. Lasweapons cauterize, burn, blister, and even explosively vapourise the moisture within flesh. The tradeoff is they don't impart as much kinetic energy and so lack the stopping power of single higher-caliber autogun hits, they probably aren't going to cause someone to bleed-out from an otherwise minor wound, and they're shit as stealth weapons. Just because a lasgun isn't a bolter doesn't mean it's basically the same as an autorifle.
>>
>>84482692
Why is one of them Bane?
>>
>>84502966
To show he is the biggest guy of the squad
>>
>>84490984
From memory at least two of the Guant's Ghosts books deal with resistance forces on Chaos-occupied worlds, the issue with longer-term cults is that Chaos corrupts by its mere presence - you don't have to believe in the Chaos Gods to start sprouting tentacles and extra eyes if they decide to set up shop on your world, and no doubt faithful souls are extra-tasty to daemons. Between ritual sacrifices, crushing initial organised resistance, and general contact-corruption the chances of there being a significant Imperial-aligned faction on any world Chaos has held for long is going to be pretty small.

That said, I kinda like the idea of some tribe of degenerate muties clinging desperately to half-remembered myths of the Holy Godman from Terra Wotwas, especially if their story ends with them going out to joyously greet the Imperial "liberators" and immediately getting broiled by every flamer in line of sight.
>>
File: vomm.png (55 KB, 163x214)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
So uhh do I just put heavy and special weapons in my Guard squads no matter what now?
Is this temporary? For how long?
>>
>>84482692
>>84482723
>>84482760
>resin
Trash by default
>>
>>84503185
believe me, nearly everyone else has far better qc/qa than forgeworld (for whom it effectively doesn't exist)
>>
File: 1616489367855.gif (3.86 MB, 325x359)
3.86 MB
3.86 MB GIF
>>84502810
didn't read lol
stay mad
>>
>>84502514
>complains about overused insult terms whilst using the most overused insult of all
laughing out loud
>>
>>84482692
>>84482723
>>84482760
I can see what people are saying about how these look too regular and well-equipped

and the idea that there's some shitty forgeworld in the eye of terror that cranks out these edgelord versions of flak armor for these disposable goons is very funny to me
>>
>>84503012
Mucho texto
>>
>>84499693
Thank you, anon.
>>
>>84503703
go eat sugar adhd baby
>>
File: adderall-pill.jpg (90 KB, 640x480)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>84503472
k, here anon you forgot this
>>
File: 1641343359060.jpg (49 KB, 500x667)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>84490126
>>84490182
>>84490488
I'm LITERALLY the mutant with the wheel instead of legs. Unironically me
>>
File: didnt-read-i-dont-care.gif (1.63 MB, 320x240)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB GIF
>>84503884
>>
>>84504253
you aren't even good at shitposting
>>
>>84490967
This image gives me Sg-1 vibes
>>
>>84482640
People aren't hyped up for the models. The people who are excited already have their own traitor guard models, they're hyped that new models means new rules support
>>
>>84504111
checked. You were always my favourite.
>>
>>84506754
I'm excited about the models and don't really care for the rules. Everyone is happy to finally have plastic cadians that look like humans.
>>
>>84506096
The 40k version of SG-1 is quite different
>>
>>84502514
>>84502810
>i described my fucking issues
yeah, at this point is clear that you have issues
>>
File: thinking raptor.png (100 KB, 320x245)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
>>84485034
If Imperial Guardsmen are professional soldiers, doesn't that make Traitor Guardsmen professional Chaos soldiers?
>>
>tox troopers

These are great but who else make decent traitor guard? Leaning more towards 'ragged renegades' than 'spiky degenerates'
>>
File: flak.png (189 KB, 329x467)
189 KB
189 KB PNG
>>84499564
Literally anyone can produce flak armour, variants are produced locally and therefore dont require a forgeworld and not every single thing in 40k requires an STC to build.
You're a faggot and probably a secondary.
>>
>>84508315
Not exactly anyone, Cadians, Catachans and Elysians are supplied by forge worlds. As a contrast, Krieg and Vostroya have their own production lines and heavy industry, so they make almost all of their gear themselves and their PDF is equipped in the exact same way as their Guard regiments.
>>
File: Despise him.jpg (21 KB, 272x299)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>84508112
Anyone?
>>
>>84493311
Cultists are also sometimes traitor guard regiments. See the old Siege of Vraks campaign.
>>
>>84510586
Those were explicitly not Guard. Read the actual book and not some misremembered snippets on the internet, the rebels were PDF and militias raised from the world's civilians. They were space amazon warehouse wageslaves, not soldiers.
>>
>>84508552
Those are all outliers - Cadia requires such a huge volume of equipment only forge worlds could ever meet their demand, Catachan is a jungle hellhole where any significant industry is basically impossible and also exports a fuckton of soldiers, and Elysians need complex equipment like grav-chutes for every soldier anyway so they may as well get everything from the same place.

The fluff repeatedly points out how low-tech and easy to produce flak armour is, and I don't think it's some sort of mysterious coincidence that up until GW got lazy and decided to streamline their product range into 'oops, all Cadians' basically every single world's regiments all wore unique uniforms and armour.
>>
File: veteran.png (467 KB, 853x751)
467 KB
467 KB PNG
>>84482640
I always like more variety for my guardsmen. For me grinding the chaos sigils off and making them veternans will be much easier than trying to digitial kitbash them and matching all the proportions correctly.
>>
>>84508112
I found the best results from 3rd party heads(lots of gasmasks that way) combined that with guardsmen flame thrower tanks(but paint biohazard signs on the tank), and add some skitarii robo legs to sell it. That these guys have spent so much time wading through toxic filth, they had to get their legs replaced to keep fighting.
>>
Is it bad that I buy Miniatures so I can build them but not play them (idk irl friends that play nor do I handle socially outside)
>>
>>84490967
>Tzeenchian equivalent
The Sighted, in the Bane Stars region.
The surprisingly good Severina Raine book is all about them.
>>
>>84482640
GW is lazy nowadays and whenever they release something its intended to able able to be converted to something else to spare themselves the trouble of creating models for each faction.

It's extremely obvious when you see that guardsman with the neat hair at the bottom who looks like a cosplayer.
I do like the models though, especially the color scheme
>>
It makes you wonder, why didn't GW just do something similar to the Brood Brothers and just release a Cadaian set with Chaos bits to modify them with?
>>
>>84482640
I'd think they'd be OK as far as designs, if they had ANY degree of customization.

I'm atleast happy they didn't do something wacky with the designs and they actually look like they're Cadians who turned traitor.
>>
>>84512222
not at all. Pretty normal and smart if you aren't into that.
>>
>>84512544
The only cosplayer looking one is the bearded old man, that's as un-soldierly as it gets. Short hair fits regulations and doesn't interfere with wearing a helmet or gas mask, so no problem there.
>>
>>84489717
I suspect they'l just give them a "use these special units with datasheets from the Guard codex...whenever it drops" and put that in the CSM book, like how they did GSC brood brothers
>>
>>84514915
He looks exremely out of place around his schizo-faced tatoo'd angry kin
>>
I hate female grunt soldiers.
No very impressed with these I prefer the old line.
I lose motivation for the hobby when i see it going in this direction, dont really want to make that investment in a falling stock if u get my drift.
>>
>>84482692
So much better….ffs
>>
>>84482803
You could do that also with 3d prints???
>>
>>84489595
Those sculpts are awesome.
>>
I think people that support female grunt soldier models have:
1. Never played a contact sport
2. Dont have much contact with women(overweight discord egirls dont count :^))
3. Have never worked a physically demanding job

Cooming forever alone reject however love it.

Can imagine some people dont care, but for me it turns me away from the hobby.
Guess eldar and humans are the same now ok.
>>
>>84518489
I like the Imperial Guard because they tickle my sci-fi and military history autism at the same time. When (or if) the Guard gets a new infantry squad box if the female models aren't optional I'm gonna just give up.
>>
>>84518402
>>84518489
https://taskandpurpose.com/leadership/6-women-who-fought-in-direct-combat-in-iraq-and-afghanistan/

You clearly have only deal with lazy rearguard and logistics chicks being in the service for a paycheck, and you not don't know how aggressive and competitive willing women in sports can be, even if they have less physical performance than men.
I had a gf that was a semi-professional basketball player and she was hardcore for his level, not to mention how she liked rough fights in bed.

Grow up.
>>
File: 1651641134222.jpg (365 KB, 1788x1065)
365 KB
365 KB JPG
>>84490984
>>84491143
>>84502894
>>84503012
https://youtu.be/4CVQ2naLm0Y
Something like this happens in Dark Crusade
>>
>>84518917
Politically motivated liars have no right to call others immature.
>>
>>84493505

But the old Cadian heads are huge compared to the traitor guard models and the new upgrade kit in made in the old proportions.
>>
>>84490093
>Karen-like consoomer manchild
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/reddit/
>>
File: hehehehehehe.png (354 KB, 696x564)
354 KB
354 KB PNG
>>84519284
>in denial
>non sequitur answer
you are going to be a fine cultist
>>
>>84519466
That one really burned you, right? hehehehe
>>
>>84482692
>>84482723
>>84482760
>All photoshop renders so you can't see the actual physical sculpt quality (because it's shit).
>Every surface is computer generated, and barely above amateur design with loads of cheap detail cuts that make everything look stiff and hard. Clothes look like they're made of metal and fingers, hands, and faces look cartoony.
>Several curved sections are literally in polygons still, while everything else is just asset stacking and zero extra effort outside the fancy showpiece parts.
There's a reason everyone buys third party in component bits, and that's because while a head or a gun might be slightly better then gw stock, enough to justify the buy for conversion or kitbashing, the overal model 90% of times is shit.
You can't alter it easily, you can't personalize it, adapt it, make it anything but the sculpters own. Moreover, since they're typically given less effort, things match up worse, you can't swap bits as easily, or work them into another model.
Say what you want about >>84482640 but all of the weapons and many of the bodyparts can be swapped out, changed around, or altered to allow for personalization. To do that requires more attention to detail, to get everything nice and uniform in quality and configuration.
Third party miniatures can, and often do have cool bits, or the occasional good model, but they're almost always below forge world tier quality when you get to full sculpts. And I'm saying that as a person who buys third party.
I wouldn't buy those models.
>>
File: 1539218585069.jpg (44 KB, 316x311)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>84485196
>These look like shit and don't fit into the 40k aesthetic.
This is PRECISELY 40K aesthetics.
>>
>>84493102
>they're remaking the entire Cadian line in new proportions.
I have the awful sensation that the "new more veteran looking Cadian" from the rumors are the ones we already have with those new heads and special weapons, I want to be wrong but...
>>
>>84482640
I like them and I don't particularly like Cadians.
>>
>>84518917
Various countries have had their national woman's soccer teams lose to teenage boys.
>>
>>84526089
Everyone loses to teenage boys. Don't you watch movies?
>>
>>84482640
Here's an argument you might accept.

The fact there are official traitor guard models means they'll be getting mechanical support.

You don't HAVE to use the official models unless you're in a GW sponsored tournament and even then, there might be some wiggle room for conversion/model swapping within the citadel line so even if you think the models are meh, which is a perfectly reasonable position.
>>
>>84512544
You absolute colossal fucking idiot.

The volume of games workshop releases, new kits and fodder for conversions and kitbashes has never been higher.

Dark Eldar went 12 years without a Codex published, they had zero models released in that time, Battle Sisters went 15 years (outside of White Dwarf Supplements) between Codex Witchhunters and Codex Adeptas Sororitas

Debate the minutiae of the things they do release when it comes to quality because they certainly do miss, but claiming that Games Workshop are "lazy" and don't want to release a kit for literally every single possible kind of army man they can is just fucking stupid. Go back 15-20 years and you go entire quarters with a signfiicant release across their entire range being "Gimli Looking Left" and maybe a random selection of blister packs that let you build one of the 5 special weapon troopers in your army book.

10-15 years ago also saw the total destruction of the specialist game studio and the withdrawal of support from everythingbut 40K/WHFB/LOTRBG and a further reduction in releases. If someonw had told me in 2008 that good plastic mini support for Blood Bowl, Necromunda and an Epic Scale game was all going to be a reality in 10 years I would have laughed in their faces.

Never fucking forget how bad things got under Kirby
>>
>>84493391
are Plastic Krieg taller than plastic Cadians?

>>84503185
if you think resin is bad, try to convert metal minis like we did in the old time

>>84518402
I only use male heads, female soldiers doesn't have sense as a shock troops/first line combatants, I think they are more appropriate as snipers, aircraft/tank crew or field nurses, if you dislike the more slim bodies you can pretend those are younger guardsmen, after all despite being slim those bodies are not feminine at all

>>84518489
>>84518876
agree, I see guard as sci fi but historical inspired army and as I said if I need to include females would be as a non frontline army roles (and always using 3rd party heads because GW seems to struggle really hard with female faces)
>>
>>84519439
I fear GW scale creep, hope the supposed future Cadian/Kasrkhin minis dont look too out of place with the current Cadians
>>
>>84485196
Okay, I'll bite.
Explain how, exactly, they don't fit the 40k aesthetic.
>>
>>84526040
No, those are going to be plastic kasrkin. They already teased a bit of one in the rumour engine pics.
>>
>>84519439
Those are helmets, the heads themselves are same size. Guess what, the upgrade heads are bare options.
>>
>>84518917
oh i know how much they can
less than men objectively because war is a sport where the runner up is a crater and nobody argues with crators
>grow up
bro you're the one living in a fantasy world
you do not touch grass
you do not stack paper
you do not work a physical job
and you do not get bitches
go back to sigmarxism
>>
>>84527188
yes I know the kasrkin will be done in plastic I was talking about the supposed veteran looking cadians rumor
>>
>>84519439
>old Cadian heads are huge compared to the traitor guard models
how you know that? we dont have the minis yet unless you talk about the Blackstone Fortress traitor guard
>>
>>84482760
>>84482723

looks cool
fuck GW
>>
File: samurai_cat2.jpg (45 KB, 740x811)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>be 2020-2
>still paying GW for anything
>not 3d printing
>not pirating everything

You've let the spirit of /tg/ down, newfags.
>>
File: A2.png (305 KB, 516x516)
305 KB
305 KB PNG
What do you guys think about the traitor not-Kriegers from RedMakers Studios?
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/renegade-death-squad-heretics
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/renegade-death-division-heavy-support-squad-heretics
>>
>>84529826
my printer shit the bed and killed itself and I can't be assed to buy a new one and print, not even gonna lie. It's easier to not spend the time finding and then printing models when I can skip direct to the part I enjoy, assembling and painting.
>>
>>84531886
I knew this was a shill thread by a maker of 3rd party minis
>>
>>84482640
those proportions are pretty nice tho
>>
>>84482640
I've been telling LnD fags for years just to grab some spiky shit and put it on Guard but NOOOOOOOOO we have to wait for an official release.
>>
As a long term follower of the Lost and Damned and a disciple of the Renegades and Heretics I find these new minis to be absolutely and completely disappointing.
>>
>>84532569
You will never be a daemon prince
>>
>>84482692
Artel W is some pretty good stuff. I'm slowly converting most of the people at my game shop to replacing their 'custom' warhammer stuff with these, because you can more easily create a "My Dudes" army without everything already pre-established.
>>
>>84529826
They're redditors what the fuck do you expect anon
>>
>>84533728
I don't want to be a demon prince.
Just a field commander for the Vraks Renegades.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.