[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Kirby Incarnae.jpg (710 KB, 1408x806)
710 KB
710 KB JPG
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. good luck

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/BXSGuFdQ
>Essence
https://pastebin.com/u3dtDFy2

>Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Errata for Third Edition
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n3ooTmopm3CBxW5jwPp1761xsaIccea-5XIhVM_PQEc/edit

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>NPCs
Hundred Devils Night Parade https://pastebin.com/iA1DYbpB
Adversaries of the Righteous https://pastebin.com/KR7zTrpe
Eclipse Charms https://pastebin.com/adVHdWtk

>Current Quixalted Extended QE Version (Fanmade Supplement)
https://s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/tg/image/1623/93/1623935053507.pdf

>Optional Quixalted Exalts
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jg86yrewnhx2ov3/QE_Reject3eExaltHomebrew.pdf/file

Last thread: >>82941258

Thread Question: What do you like most about Exalted? (no shitting on other people's answers, this is a positive thread)
>>
File: Sharp Eyed Impaler.webm (2.83 MB, 720x404)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB WEBM
What's your character's poem?
>>
>>82959292
Some high concepts and cosmology.
>>
File: l.jpg (96 KB, 600x876)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>82959370
Poems are gay, I only took those Performance dots to get the sex charms
>>
>>82959292
>What do you like most about Exalted?
Flexibility and freedom. Want to be a superhuman bureaucrat and thief? Go for it. Also lots of horizontal power movement. You're a master thief because you can do things like phase through doors, not because you have a +40 sneak skill.

I'll acknowledge that sometimes these subsystems are not particularly good, but the key thing is that Exalted actually tries to do it, unlike many other systems.
>>
>>82959379
The cosmology is actually pretty rad, I had a short-lived Solar in 2e who made judicious use of Wings of the Archon to plane shift
>>
>>82959389
When the battlegroup has a -1 die penalty because fighting with an erection is difficult.
>>
>>82959292
What two given people like about Exalted will almost always be different because in truth nobody really likes Exalted, they like the concept of Exalted in their heads because the actual game is the dullest franchise in the history of tabletop game franchises.

Seriously, each episode following the genderfluid Exalts and their mortal cocksleeves from Creation as they fight assorted antagonists has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the weeaboo imagery and hamfisted political commentary, the games’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of dice tricks, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when White Wolf sold all their gamelines to Paradox Entertainment; they made sure their games would never be mistaken for works of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable Kickstarter scams. The Exalted gameline might be anti-Tolkenian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-LOTR series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the mechanics are better though
"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character made an attack, the author wrote instead that the character "reset Initiative".

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Vance and Minton's minds are so governed by soapboxing and pointless crunch that they have no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Exalted by the same RPGnet. They wrote something to the effect of, "If these players are playiing Exalted at 16 or 17, then when they get older they will go on to get HRT and love Communism." And they were quite right. They were not being ironic. When you play "Exalted" you are, in fact, trained to read Marx.
>>
File: 1641983585984.jpg (107 KB, 552x818)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
stolen pic is stolen
>>
File: 1626906640222.jpg (436 KB, 1200x1583)
436 KB
436 KB JPG
>>82959292
I like how exaltions themselves work and liked the weird magitech in 2E and the world is basically a post apocalypse with people able to come across doomsday weapons left behind by solars. the thing I like about the exaltion is that its something that attaches to someone's soul and turns them into a demigod with a magic engine attached to there soul and not some useable blessing handed out by god its the exaltation that chooses who to go to. so I guess I like the lore/setting and how things work in exalted. but hate the system and stupid writing
>>
>>82959521
It is like a permanent green lantern ring.
>>
>>82959521
It's also a great setting for maladaptive daydreaming.
>>
>>82959521
They kinda flip-flop on how Celestial Exalts get chosen. 1e the Incarnae chose them, 2e the Exaltation decides, 3e the Incarnae choose again I'm pretty sure. I actually can't remember how it works in 3e.
>>
>>82959810
Vance is a dev in 3e and Vance loves Lytek. This means the exaltation chooses
>>
File: First Solars Exalting.png (428 KB, 725x504)
428 KB
428 KB PNG
#NeverForget
>>
>>82960928
Beginning of the end for creation. I miss the primordials...
>>
>>82959460
Why the Moonshadow caste mark?
>>
>>82960510
>>82959810
Incarna choose...but they also don't choose. You see, they involuntarily choose - they cannot help but choose who they choose.
>>
>>82961080
FUCK
I KEEP FUCKING IT UP

I'll edit that tonight
>>
>>82961105
Do the Maidens as a Megazord next
>>
>>82961123
As a Megazord or in a Megazord?
Because one of those is distinctly more disturbing than the others
>>
File: 81NkFLz9xRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (191 KB, 1484x1500)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>82961132
As a Megazord. Sol is riding Luna in the background
>>
>>82961152
Oh no
>>
150 solars have unified creation, they have 10,000 DBs (After the war, most of em died), 200 l*nars, and an army of 15,000,000 Tiger Warriors.

Can they march into Yu-shan and smack the gods around? What happens?
>>
>>82961172
the solars alone can defeat yu-shan if they were at full power
one of the suggested futures of exalted is solars claiming the games of divinity for themselves, furthering the cycle of diminishment
>>
>>82961184
But this isn't the entire exalted. No siddies (They're hiding in the cupboard after the realm fell) and only 150 solars.
>>
>>82961198
that's about 50% of the total amount of power that exalts as a whole have.
>>
>>82961212
Solars = 50% total (Abyssals and Infernals included)
Lunars = 20% total
Sidereals = 20% total
Dragonblooded = 10% total

Alchemicals are off somewhere else, the others don't exist.
>>
>>82961157
do it fag
>>
>>82961258
I'm locked in now
I have to
>>
File: Jecht Shot Mark III.webm (2.91 MB, 874x650)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>82961263
yes
>>
>>82961184
>the solars alone
NO LOL RETARD. Celestial Lions are already a match for Celestial Exalts and add in the Celestial Censors and now the Solars get fucked.
>>
>>82961294
This is a hypothetical assuming essence 5+ for all 150 solars
I think they'd win
>>
>>82961294
I HATE 2E
I HATE 2E
>>
File: 95281129_p10.jpg (1.44 MB, 1920x1080)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
>>82961294
Lion-dogbros we can't stop winning.
>>
>>82961307
Means very little, they still get wrecked.
>>
>>82959454
>What two given people like about Exalted will almost always be different because in truth nobody really likes Exalted, they like the concept of Exalted in their heads because the actual game is the dullest franchise in the history of tabletop game franchises.

This is the most fair version of your copypasta's opening yet, Anon.
>>
>>82959810
1st edition the exaltation chose. I remember Grabby talking about how that was important, and a bunch of the books explicitly discussed it.
>>
>>82961639
Wasn't it so that, even if the Incarna were killed, the exalted host would still do their mission?
>>
>>82961692
Yeah, that was sort of the point. So the Primordials couldn't order the sun to stop exalting people.
>>
>>82961271
Should I throw in the celestial dragons too?
>>
>>82959389
>When exalted had goog art
I want to back bros
>>
>>82960928
>Exalting mostly men
Based
>>
>>82961718
Yes And the hearteaters proves the primordials can do worse than stopping new exaltations
>>
>>82961294
>>82961339
Wait, what? In 2nd Edition the celestial lions were a match for celestial exalts?

Man, I had slowly been hating 2nd edition less and 3rd edition more and then someone says shit like this.

I don't think the lions have stats in 3rd yet, but with an army like that it ought to be doable. Don't underestimate battlegroups lead by mature solars. The circle of solars in my current game, using their normal solar powers and custom artifacts with evocations pulled from published material, made a point of crushing a group of other exalts entirely by advising a group of rabble militia, and after all the buffs were in the shmuck mortals who have 6 die attacks normally were consistently throwing out attacks with 22 dice+9 automatic successes and adding +9 automatic successes on damage post-soak.

Considering that that hits everyone in range, it'll shred a whole lot of things. Even the likes of Ahlat and Gajam-Un aren't safe. 15,000 extra armies like that are pretty close to unstoppable.
>>
File: elite_battlegroup.jpg (111 KB, 639x301)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>82961914
Pretty sure a couple of these led by solars could bulldoze the realm.
>>
File: 1631492453244.jpg (846 KB, 1500x863)
846 KB
846 KB JPG
>>82959292
>>82959379

Say what you will about the writing but there is a lot of charm that got put into it. Like how Oramus helped build Creation by deciding what it was not, how the Sidereals can eliminate Paradox by writing calligraphy for the Pattern Spiders, how physics works only because the little gods interact with each other- I like that the best, the amusing things that just come up because of how the setting is written. Also anything to do with the fair folk
>>
>>82961996
Based cosmology enjoyer.
>>
>>82959370
>>
>>82962054
Based, the time of Solars is now Sidereals will fall.
>>
File: 1631297404296.png (967 KB, 876x1100)
967 KB
967 KB PNG
in 2e, why didn't the Deathlords just take turns buttfucking all the Incarna? They stood literally no chance.
>>
>>82961996
>Oramus
Reminds me of certain passages from Elder Scrolls esoteric lore.

>>82962164
They aren't aware about the elder wank.
>>
>>82962304
Well now you have to share
>>
>>82962164
I'm sure at least one of the Incarna could do something to them. Or pull out something esoteric.
>>
>>82962922
The main problem is that the deathlords had access to all solar charms they qualified for, so they had essence 8 and 9 bullshit charms that were never meant to be used in actual play, just wanking about how powerful first-age elders were.

And at the same time, say, Mask of Winters, the undead incarnation of Larquen Quen, Twilight master of first age lore, was illiterate by RAW.

2nd edition was not well written.
>>
>>82963126
I'm still not sure what they were going for with the Magnanimous Unbound Sun thing. Or why they thought they tried to have their cake and eat it by declaring the Unconquered Sun can take any form he wants-and that ALL his normal traits remain the same in all of them. Even for shit like being a pillar of fire stretching from heaven to earth.
>>
>>82963126
All Solar Charms was a 1E holdover when the devs needed to say "has all the shit needed to challenge your group". Given time they might have done a Magnanimous Unbound Sun bossfight treatment for all of them. Or not.

>>82963202
Magnanimous Unbound Sun was their attempt at providing a fightable version of Sol given that most or all his powers are fiat level (literally instakill or auto-defend) until you figure out their weakness and then he's paste.
>>
>>82961914
Celestial Lions are hardcore Essence 6 spirits with perfect defenses (grotesquely spendy, but spirits have big Essence pools).
>>
>>82959370
Character introductions
Are naught but self-aggrandizing sophistry
Yet mine has served its purpose
You are already dead
>>
>>82962797
It is the Anu/Akatosh & Pardomay/Lorkhan dualism.
>>
>>82963235
Has anyone actually tried to run the MUS in a fight? I'm genuinely unsure if the 28 arms of YOU LOSE are overpowered or not.

>>82963254
>E5
>Essence Pool: 120
>Speed 4 Accuracy Damage 17/L Claws
>Bane Weapon: enemies of Heaven (so, not Solars by default)
>Touch of Saturn-under orders from superiors (potentially Agg because E5)
>Essence bite-Foes who don't surrender
I'd only call them a match for Solars insofar as powerful supernatural beings without the Creature of Darkness debuff are. Challenging yes, the big beatsticks of Heaven certainly, but I would say they are "merely" the kind of enemies that give a Dawn a good fight the way really massive Behemoths or demons do-

>Principle of Motion-Eight banked actions
-oh dear.
>>
>>82963553
Do they have Divine Subordination of anything? What about their soak? Because the go-to Solar combat technique of SPirit-Cutting Attack + Iron Whirlwind Attack would be very effective on them otherwise.
>>
>>82963575
>Divine Subordination
Martial Arts and Occult, as a matter of fact.
>Soak
30L/30B, with the special Orichalcum Hide rule adding 25L/20B soak and 10L/10B Hardness. They're tanky bois but like...in 2e, Solar Melee in the E4-E6 range could just spam balls-crushingly high sux for lethal damage with a daiklave and then just inflict however many damage yeah? Or Solar Martial Arts could just use Sky Breaker Throw to hurl the big borfers out of Heaven.

They're challenging definitely, but I would say in the "give Solars a good fight" way not the "this enemy is a dog-shaped sledgehammer meme" way.
>>
>>82964065
What if they were also wielding sledgehammers?
>>
>>82964109
They would be penalised for having to do so with a stunt, seeing as how they lack opposable thumbs, unless there is a hammer-based martial art I've overlooked out there. Earth Dragon Style, maybe? But I mean, they kind of already hit like sledgehammer++ but faster
>>
>>82964152
But what if there were six of them surrounding a single solar, each with sledgehammers, and they get an ambush attack off.

Also they are mortals, not celestial lions.
>>
>>82964152
Earth dragon uses hammers, yeah.
>>
>>82959370
I am a bad motherfucker
Live long and well thanks to suckers
Live long and well thanks to suckers
I am a bad motherfucker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igwUzoCdNCk
>>
File: Flashmancover.jpg (27 KB, 242x371)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>82959460
>Mfw when I'm planning for an Infernal Harry Flashman to show up and antagonize the party in my Old West ExWoD game
>>
>>82964787
I could probably redo it to be an infernal, after I draw the maiden's megazord and Sol riding Luna. If you'd like.
>>
>>82964825
Only if you feel like you want to, I enjoyed the drawings regardless!
>>
>>82961718
That's not how the geas put on gods by Primordials worked in 1E, where it only prevented gods from raising their hand against their masters, so I doubt that was the reason.
>>
>>82961856
Exalted's never had consistently good art, though there are some real gems there. Savant and Sorcerer cover is hardly one of those gems, though, and people actually liking it is one of the most puzzling instances of shit taste I've ever encountered.
>>
>>82965160
No, 1st edition is literally where the whole setup with compelled obedience and compelled freedom and autonomous shards originated. It's vague in the core book, explicit in dev quotes from the early days, and by the time the abyssal book came out it was explicit in the texts as well.

3rd edition is the odd one out with all the celestials being handpicked, because Holden wanted everyone to feel super-special because they had the personal approval of some abstract heavenly assholes.
>>
File: Maidens Megazord.jpg (445 KB, 1588x1512)
445 KB
445 KB JPG
>>82961271
I have made an attempt
>>
File: Morphin Time.png (1.13 MB, 1134x928)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>82966077
bueno
>>
>>82966077
>Endings has the whip
Kinky
>>
>>82965671
Where in Exalted: the Abyssals is that made explicit? I don't remember reading anything like that, but obviously I could've just missed it. I don't think 1E core mentioned the geas at all, even vaguely, while GoD just said that it prevented the gods from personally attacking the Primordials.
>>
>>82966343
Don't have time to go break out my books from the boxes, but here's Grabowski talking pretty frankly about exaltations being autonomous and referencing the well-established "gods don't have control of exaltations, who they pick, or what they do" concept when discussing Lytek. Who, you know, had just been introduced in Siderials (the hardback after abyssals) as the guy responsible for those autonomous exaltation things everyone knew about and accepted at that time.

Note the conversation was in 2003, years before 2nd edition.

http://exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/Thus_Spake_Zargrabowski/LytekPossibilities
>>
>>82965671
>because Holden wanted everyone to feel super-special
>Curbs Elder Essence down into some "you can PERSONALISE higher-essence charms! Yay!!!" incoherent nonsense
>Gives you headpats from Incarnae, which 1e made out to be dicks and which developers/writers/freelancers still liked to emphasise the dickish aspects of on occasion in 2e
There are a lot of decisions in 3e that reek of someone frantically realising what they are writing is stupid and trying to cover it up under more stupid, and then distilling all their remaining good ideas into ExWoD

>>82966419
Oh hey, do you have a link to the example combat between an Infernal and an Abyssal to differentiate how their charms work by any chance? The Abyssal is the Maiden of the Mirthless Smile I believe, the Infernal...might be Basphomy? It's been ages.
>>
>>82966435
I think people overwank 1e, but making the Incarnae dicks was perfect sense with the setting. Hell even in 2e where they are distant it makes sense.

But with Sol being more "active" in 3e? It makes no fucking sense. The setting falls apart because his failure to sanction the Sidereals for throwing the Usurpation, or a dozen other things he could immediately solve in the setting but doesn't, making him seem like the biggest jackass of the game.

Oh, and let's not forget him being central in the Exigent creation process, meaning he's responsible for making *another* fucking Exalt.

Fuck Morke and his shitty incarnae and fuck holden for approving it.
>>
>>82966475
Amen to all that. There are some things I find odd about ExWoD, but in terms of making the Exalted "guest fighters" in the setting it makes sense their patrons are gone, and things like Sidereals no longer being dependent on the Loom of Fate handwaved.

It is a bit weird how Holden seems to be so attached to the idea of YAMA KING INFERNALS that he ported the system for Yama King pacts almost word for word from KotE, though. It's a functional system as devil's bargains go. It's just-Infernals can ALSO have Cauls in their hellworlds in ExWoD and their fluff is already quite Yomi Wan-connected, why not branch out to Demon the Fallen or the more malign aspects of Mage cosmology too?
>>
>>82961184
>the solars alone can defeat yu-shan if they were at full power
headcanon
>>
>>82966634
Real talk, what makes Yu-Shan formidable assuming the Incarnae don't fight?

>Bureau of Weather can make big scale environmental damage, which Solars can become immune to
>Doggos are strong, but Solars are much more mobile
>they have Sidereals, but they're also operating at cross purposes with the Sidereals
>>
>>82966658
Billions of unemployed gods who can be pressganged into the Yu Shan army. Since most Solars don't have GET, the spirit army regenerates perpetually, meaning they can drag down solars through mote attrition
>>
>>82966658
more like what makes people wank the solars so much despite their near absence of any impressive canon feats that don't rely on some artifact mcguffin that you can't make in actual play
>>
>>82966697
muh perfects
>>
>>82966670
>most Solars don't have GET
Allow to rephrase: What makes unemployed gods, even shit-tier ones, deadly in a fight? Is it the banked Principles of Motion? Is it Essence Bite or Bane Weapon? Is it being able to manifest concepts with Creation of Perfection? Or is it all those unique charms like Nara-O being able to know any secret known to only one person? Bear in mind those Solars without GET may potentially have spirit-cutting weapons, or bongos and Desus-level social charms.

Come to think of it, Infernals do have an entire series of charms (Cecelyne's) that exist solely to make spirits their prison bitches and two AoE attach charms that fuck over gods with Agg-

>>82966697
-I mean, you're not wrong but the answer to that is the fluff. The fluff actually does attempt to talk them up that hard.
>>
>>82966697
Exalted is a game where canon feats are much less important for both the gameline and people who interact with the game than what players or Storytellers will be able to make happen within the game while staying within the rules/mechanics. When we discuss the things we could be doing, we aren't really concerned with sticking to canon, feats, or metaplot, we're interested in working out whether something is viable to try at as players or justifiable to do as Storytellers. Solars (and Infernals) get wanked a lot in the gameline and have a lot of options open for players to exploit to upturn the setting, so a lot of people talk about exploiting them to upturn the setting.

I know it was a rhetorical question, but it has an entirely reasonable and honest answer. We aren't discussing novels or anime here, we're discussing tabletop games.
>>
File: Sol Riding Luna.jpg (284 KB, 930x1264)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
What I drew looks absolutely nothing like any canon depiction of Luna
I guess assume this is a Warform?
>>
>>82966928
It looks like a Lunar doing her best desu
>>
>>82966928
Luna looking nothing like any canon depiction of Luna sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I count like four animals mixed in there so you definitely tick off the 'shapeshifting' part.

Admittedly, I would normally look at that and think it'd be 'Solar with Extra Arms mutation and Lunar Mate', but that's more because Sol wields a spear rather than a direlance. I'd also say it looks good, because it does.
>>
File: 49.png (100 KB, 241x207)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
>>82966928
>>
>>82966955
>>82966963
>>82966976
Thanks anons,
Shit, Sol uses an older variant of the lance rather than a jousting lance, i didn't think of that.

I got time for one more, give me an art suggestion/request
>>
>>82967009
The incarnae playing strip poker (which is what we all know the games of divinity actually are).
>>
>>82967034
oh shoot, that's a big boi one
i might not get done tonight, but i'll try it
>>
Strength seems pretty useless unless you're a Brawl Solar. The abundance of Soak means you'll be hitting for Overwhelming all the time anyway.
>>
>>82967069
Strength, Charisma and Perception are the dump stats for each block of attributes
>>
>>82967077
To be fair, Charisma vs Manipulation hardly matters with the way most people play social characters. It's not like Guile is important when your only social strategy is to change their fundamental outlook on the world by attacking Intimacies rather than trying to find what Intimacies they already have and persuade them based on those.
>>
>>82967196
I found that STs having characters use Read Intentions is surprisingly rare for some reason, expect when you're trying to lie, which isn't what Read Intentions is supposed to do anyway.
>>
>>82967226
Nta but it kind of makes sense to me, you don't want to encourage your players to have a mindset where they have to paranoiacally roll to make sure every single NPC they meet isn't an enemy Sidereal in deep cover.
>>
File: Games of Divinity.jpg (128 KB, 915x374)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>82967034
i did it quick and dirty
>>
>>82967334
My first reaction was disappointment at Luna being so sidelined. My second reaction was glee at Endings being naked and Conky being fully clothed because muh Perfection Beyond Imagining.

Would you kindly do Isidoros and Szoreny punting Oramus around like a volleyball? Presumably trying to free him. If possible, since it's mentioned Szoreny's the only one who can reflect Isidoros properly please draw him as somehow being both boar-y and silver forest-y.
>>
>>82967351
I don't think I'll have time to do that tonight, but it'll certainly be the first thing tomorrow if I don't
>>
>>82966435
>decisions in 3e that reek of someone frantically realising what they are writing is stupid and trying to cover it up under more stupid
I've said it was like they liked anime from the late 90's to adult swim era bleach but are now ashamed of it and are trying to cover it up.
>>
>>82967372
You're the man, dawg.
>>
>>82967334
>mars still has her helmet because she treats it like a wargame
>>
>>82967412
I did it quick again
they're having a time of it
>>
>>82967654
I love it, thanks!
>>
>>82966419
I'm kind of confused now. The question was about how the geas works. That the geas doesn't compel complete obedience is the sole claim made in >>82965160. The link you provided doesn't seem to address the geas at all.
>>
>>82965671
I think it is to turn down the "Sol is a gacha addict" memes. But the devs don't have foresight.
>>
Can you use Thrown weapons while wearing Brawling aids ?
>>
>>82968533
So much of 3e is reactionary rather than constructive. Elder Essence is crimping the difficulty of fighting the likes of Lytek and Raksi? Maybe the solution here is to scale up what Exalts are capable of at lower Essence, and seriously reevaluate the combat system which has been relying on Storyteller against all reason and logic-NOPE just get rid of it. Abyssals are chained to Deathlords? Maybe we should continue to decouple the control Monstrances have on Abyssals, emphasise their honoured status as those chosen by the Neverborn compared to the Deathlords as failures in their eyes-NOPE just give Deathlords a big ole DLC paywall series of charms that will TOTALLY somehow make them magically more palatable to the average player. Raksi always getting shanked in the games that deign to notice her? Perhaps a more thorough explanation of what she is like would-NOPE keep the baby-eating, reframe it as a "power move" and spruce up that city she runs somewhat! That will surely magically make players look at her differently!
>>
>>82968720
This is going to continue to happen with every edition for as long as the lore remains as vague as it is.
>>
>>82968727
'Vague' is definitely not how I'd describe Exalted's lore. What are some specific things you feel should be described in more detail?
>>
>>82968768
What exalts can actually do.
>>
>>82968768
Yeah I don't think it's all vague, but I have to say >>82968774 is quite accurate.
>>
>>82959454
I fall for this pasta everytime, still chuckle at gender fluid
>>
>>82968774
After dozens of books nailing down exactly what Exalts can do across the space of three editions, I think we can at least say they've given us more detail than most franchises.
>>
>>82968824
Mechanics aren't lore, and the lore falls apart if you try to treat them that way.
>>
>>82968847
I said that the lore is not vague about what Exalts can do, not what they have done in the past. It's been made lore-clear that Exalts are the things that pop out when you build a character according to character generation using a rulebook. Therefore, lore-wise Exalts can do the same things you can do according to the mechanics provided. What you're looking for is what Exalts have done in the lore, as opposed to what they can do.

Also, the lore falling apart is not the same thing as mechanics not being relevant to lore. It just means the lore doesn't make rational sense, which seems to jive with the genre to me.
>>
>>82968824
>than most franchises
Look if you ask me what I think any of the versions of Spider-Man are capable of-Maguire, Garfield, Iron Boy-I can give you an answer I'd stand by. The DCEU is basically half-cancelled right now, and in 3 movies I have enough to get a good read on Superman's powers.

I'd find it hard to express what Exalts can do because in trying to have their cake and eat it, 3e gutted a lot of the base assumptions expressed in terms of what a starting Exalted is capable of. Suddenly Solars have Supernal, but PDs are a pale shadow of what they used to be, the War charmline is unfinished and who the hell knows what Linguistics is even trying to achieve. Not to mention how Lore, Integrity, Larceny and Athletics are treading onto Sidereal conceptual space instead of just "human excellence and holy/a smidge of shadow magic miracles".
>>
>>82968918
Talking about a vague charm space is completely reasonable, yeah. 3e Solars have expanded beyond reasonable interpretation of 'human but more' as of Essence 2. Realistically the answer is 'a starting Solar can be good at a large number of things, but not a large number of things at once' and is really vague since we're talking about all the solars that could be encompassed by 3e chargen. Once chargen is finished, talking about what they can do is much more viable, though as always with Storyteller and the small Difficulty pool is still somewhat up to chance.

I will say specifically my stance is that what an individual character out of chargen can do is not particularly vague, even though it varies widely based on luck and ingenuity. I agree that the vast majority of the setting of 3e is clouded in vagueness, what is sometimes called 'open space for Storytellers to create their own ideas' to a degree I absolutely despise. If you're looking for a pre-build setting to play in, why the fuck would you be happy to have a blank slate?
>>
>>82968997
>>82968918
I think that you can absolutely describe what Exalts can do.

I think it's nearly impossible to do so concisely or accurately
>>
Can you use Thrown weapons while wearing Brawling aids ?
>>
>>82969188
Yes, depending on the Brawl aid. If you can reasonably hold both then yes, if not then no. You might have a penalty in some cases. This does not let you use Brawl Charms on Thrown weapons, and just like the Improvised tag doesn't let you use both Melee and Brawl Charms on a single attack, you choose one or the other.
>>
>>82966705
They aren't deadly in a fight. Solar enhanced battle groups are total beatsticks and will bulldoze through heaven.

but the issue is quantity vs quality. There are way more gods than mortals and eventually the armies of the chosen will slow down as they have to GET everyone. Eventually the Incarna will think "what's that goddamn racket" and walk out to see a burning yu-shan. Then it ends
>>
>>82969375
Somebody has those preview links of the nu-exalt-types? The ones talking about the crypt-mind.
>>
>>82966077
I suggest swapping Serenity and endings since Endings is known for the constellation of the sword.
>>
>>82970392
>Serenity has a whip
Double kinky
>>
>>82967334
>GoD is strip poker and UCS is winning.
>Luna looks to be putting the moves on Venus
All is good.
>>
Imagine worshiping "gods" who don't give a shit about you, do nothing to manage creation, and sit around jerking off all day.

You exchanged the true rulers of creation for THIS?
>>
What did I like most?

It gave a fantasy setting that tried to feel like a large world with genuinely weird and exotic cultures, recovering from a couple of apocalyptic collapses, where everything had a "god" that worked within an actual bureaucracy that you could petition for change in the world. PCs were super-powered beings who would grow to shape nations and then the whole of Creation. It was a gonzo kitchen sink setting, with mesoamerican-flavored magical cyborg androids invading from outside reality, and sleeping kung fu dinoasur peoples who used plant and crystal based technology, among other stuff.

But then it built it all on the Storyteller System and never gave groups the proper tools to create balanced powers (likely because the authors never had such tools either), and then bogged it all down in an even more complex system than the simple ST could support, none of which was edited by someone who cared about math or even basic logic at times. Hence all the people who love Exalted, but keep trying to change it to a different system (including the publishers!).
>>
>>82970708
OK, Malefactor/Whatever-they-are-called-in-essence.
>>
File: what could have been.png (71 KB, 1850x248)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>82970816
Did you make this post as well?
>>
File: ken.webm (2.94 MB, 720x404)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>
How good is Volcano Cutter in ExEss? It doesn't seem to reach the same height of power where you can wipe out entire cities, but it seems usable, at least.
>>
>>82971013
Nope.

A lot of the other complaints feel more like "the ST wanted to do things wrong" or "the OP expected something different than what was in the books" problems than default Exalted issues. Case in point: not sure how/where someone would get the idea that "f-16s" were involved going by the books (there's some magitech flyers in a 1ed location supplement as I recall, but you have to dig into psuedo-canon to find stuff like the flying machine that's the literal sun and has the speed/power of a fighter jet (okay, way more speed and power, but still)).
>>
>>82967334
This is great, thanks anon
>>
>>82970816
I'll add in: They simply don't give a fuck at times. Constrictor Snakes have almost fuckall to do with constriction. Multiple monsters from the corebook were copypasted into the new monster book, errors and all. Did they bother to fix these errors? Fuck no! They published it as is as they didn't care.

Fuck them. I ain't buying the second monster book, I'm pirating it.
>>
>>82971954
>Case in point: not sure how/where someone would get the idea that "f-16s" were involved going by the books
It's an old meme
>>
>>82971701
Is this how white reaper looks like?

>>82972105
What the constrictor snakes do in 3e?
>>
>>82972206
>Is this how white reaper looks like?
When it's not constrained by awful mechanics, maybe.
>>
>>82971954
It's because of that artificial flight shit.
>>
File: Baanhubali.gif (4.17 MB, 567x250)
4.17 MB
4.17 MB GIF
>>
>>82972846
Tiger Warriors be like.
>>
>>82973039
THE WEAKEST TIGER WARRIOR
VS
THE STRONGEST NORMAL MAN

NO CONTEST
JOIN THE NEW DAWN LEGION TODAY
>>
>>82972846
that movie is fantastic
the full scene is great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDte-axR9l8
>>
>>82971900
3e Volcano Cutter is shit.
>>
>>82973253
I'm asking about the Volcano Cutter in Exalted Essence.
>>
Does anyone care about essence?
>>
>>82973695
no. I liked the idea of it but it flopped the execution
>>
>>82974199 (checked)
>I liked the idea of it but it flopped the execution
Sounds like Exalted alright.
>>
File: 1642102374905.webm (2.78 MB, 450x360)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB WEBM
>>82974199
Especially the Infernals.
>>
I think I want to draw more characters tonight. So give me descriptions of PCs or NPCs you want me to draw.
>>
I want to build a Solar ugly bastard.
What charms do I need?
I'm thinking Zenith with the ugly merit.
>>
>>82974630
Zenith
Hideous
Celestial Bliss Technique
Done.
>>
File: 1379970448584.png (436 KB, 800x425)
436 KB
436 KB PNG
>>82974562
abyssal Caim and his lunar mate Angelus
>>
>>82974500
What the fuck am I watching?
>>
File: Jockwolves.png (311 KB, 720x576)
311 KB
311 KB PNG
>>82974786
Squirrel and Hedgehog, North Korean propaganda, The wolves are American soldiers.
>>
>>82974833
>The wolves are American soldiers.

When your propaganda makes your opponents look super awesome and competent, you're probably doing something wrong.
>>
>>82975196
North Koreans are the Lunars of the real world. Wait until you see Lt.Vixen
>>
>>82975238
A babe for certain.
>>
>>82973695
I do I guess, because I'm never going to play 3e. I'm interested in the revisions they've done.
>>
File: First Age Lamentations.png (225 KB, 750x630)
225 KB
225 KB PNG
Lunarkeks...how can you ever recover?
>>
>>82976903
Unironically true since it was mentioned that Lunars were slaved by Solars and they spent millenia trying to avenge the same Solars.
>>
>>82976985
Slave is such a reductive word. The Lunars were lifelong indentured allies
>>
can I play as a cool monster in this game
>>
>>82977105
Yes, Infernal exalted can turn in monsters.
>>
>>82977195
Sick, what book talks about them?
>>
>>82977105
Lunars can turn into giant mutated dinosaurs, if you consider that a monster.
>>
>>82977232
Well... Manual of exalted power: Infernals, But it is for 2e and the first 2 chapters have aggravating "issues".
>>
>>82977377
tell me about these issues friend, I know nothing. Is there nothing for Infernals in the current edition?
>>
>>82977424
Only homebrew, They were released later in 2e.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jHgq1HwW5WTx_On8hEepIkAXxNWfuYlvgLKH7OC1pBM/mobilebasic

>tell me about these issues friend.
Istances of child rape, The writers wrote them as villain-only.
>>
>>82976903
Does that say Incarna? I can't read it against the white. Also, I just realised that Lunars are divinely mandated catgirl gfs for Solars.
>>
>>82977195
>Infernal exalted can turn in monsters
How so
>>
>>82968720
It's weird how Raksi being the cannibal queen has become more nonsensical as the editions go by. In 1e she just ate people she fucks, which serves to emphasize that Raksi is a monster whose carnal appetites are basically interchangeable and it's not like she does that every time. Very suitable as a regional power you might have to deal with if you want to take over Rathess or wheedle sorcery out of her.
Now she chows down on babies to flex on normalfags and has an autistic feud with Ma-Ha-Suchi and on and on with all this shit that makes the Elder Lunars look bad, and makes players not want to step in the apeshit.
>>
>>82977890
Raksi exists as a person I can righteously kill to raise my solar cred.
>>
>>82977651
They have certain powers named Shintai.
>Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai
>Duration: One Scene
>Keywords: Obvious
>Mins: Essence 4
>Prerequisite Charms: By Rage Recast
When the gods turned Malfeas inside-out and gave him form, they exposed his inner monstrosity for all to see. Denied Creation, the Demon City must satisfy himself with dominion over his hateful flesh. If he must suffer the humiliation of physical existence, then the parameters of that body will be defined by the raging whim of the onetime Primordial King—and none other.

>The Infernal spreads his arms and collapses his Anima banner into his flesh, producing a brief, blinding cataclysm of emerald flame. When the smoke clears, the Exalt stands transformed, his demonic nature stamped unmistakably into his flesh.

>Until the end of the scene, all mutations in the Infernal’s library are manifested.
>>
>>82977890
>>82977998
Raksi was always a retarded villain. They tried to make her less "shitdark" for 3rd edition, and I don't know maybe they succeeded by whatever metric they go by, but she's still basically a retarded villain.

We actually did do diplomacy with her in my current game, but we're kind of realpolitik and likely to gank her down the line because why leave her sitting on top of anything valuable?
>>
>>82977998
she would make a great lunar mate for a baby eating loyalist abyssal
>>
>>82977890
It is because they don't want to do the necessary ground up rework on Lunars, Raksi is fundamentally a raid boss.
>>
>>82977998
I want to beat her ass to critical then solar surgery away her wyld induced insanity with a stunt of focusing sun essence into her, then help her recover from the grief and self disgust while ruling her kingdom.
>>
>>82968720
>>82977890
>>82977998
>>82978078
No no no, you guys don't GET it, she's only eating babies IRONICALLY
>>
>>82980264
Any Solar or Lunar Exalt that gets above 100 years of age should be put down so the Great Curse doesn't make them worse.
>>
>>82981141
I wonder what it would take to shorten Exalted lifespan to that of a mortal, or at least a Celestial lifespan to that of a Dragon-Blooded. That seems like the kind of thing that would and should require something more than a sorcerous Working. Whatever it takes, it could legitimately go a long way towards helping avoid history repeat itself.
>>
File: Abyssal Caim.jpg (94 KB, 534x465)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>82974754
this was higher resolution when i was working on it i swear
>>
>>82981141
How about first we make the Great Curse not the stupid fucking thing it currently is in the setting first.

Instead of making it the product of the biggest losers in Creations history somehow managing to pull off a super sneaky, "Nope you're fucked no matter what by insanity... also it's undetectable... also it can't be resisted... also it can't be detected... also it can never be fixed." This just doesn't work well with the lore surrounding the Exalted at all and only serves to explain why things went to shit after. Otherwise, why not curse ALL of humanity since you fell to them? Hell, why not the Incarna as well? Not the dragon bloods either? There is no justifiable reason.

The Great Curse just needs to be retconned into a side effect of exaltation period. Turns out humans weren't meant to have the sliver of a god's power shoved into them and it slowly eats away at their humanity until they've gone full god complex and don't care about what the side effects of their actions as long as it gives them the results they desire.

This also explains the whole why wasn't all of humanity cursed and why dragon bloods aren't effected since they were made the way they are to begin with.

While we're at it we may as well give Celestial Exalted infinite life spans. This only serves to compound the problems that the Great Curse creates and frankly doesn't really change anything that matters within the setting. Their lifespans are already so long as to be effectively infinite since it will never become an issue within gameplay unless your storyteller specifically wants to make it part of one.
>>
>>82981261
You could probably cook up some kind of very subtle plague for it with 3e Sorcery or 2e Craft(Bio), if we're following genre-conventions. Alternatively, develop some powerful martial art that runs on lifespan, teach it to the Celestials, and watch their strong convictions / powergamer players / heroic willpowers lead them to over-using it.

Can both of these things be overcome by plot armor and strong character? Yes. You could probably make a great story out of it.

>>82981874
Finite Celestial lifespan only ever really did anything to Sidereals, and it's perfectly fine in how it functions for them. Sidereal 5k lifespan serves meaningful purpose. Everybody else has other solutions through elder Charms in prior editions or sorcery in 3e. So far as we know only one Solar in the history of 2e ever died from old age, and that was only because they didn't know it was possible for Celestial Exalted to die of old age until he did.
>>
>>82981926
Exactly, finite lifespans are pointless. Even for Sidereals. There is no point to giving them finite lifespans if the span is so long as to never actually come up in a game ever.

And since achieving actual agelessness is so trivially easy, what if the fucking point of not making them ageless by default? It adds nothing.
>>
>>82981874
>>82981926
>>82982027
Finite lifespans for Celestials are mostly pointless, but Solars collectively losing their shit when one of them died of old age and they realized they weren't going to live forever was one of the few cool ideas in DotFA. I'd rather keep than lose that bit of lore.
>>
>>82982027
It's not there for PCs, it's there to oust the old regime of NPCs who haven't become immortal because they're stupid and attached to mortality for some reason. Age limits are there to kill Chef Kitchen specifically, along with the other elder Sidereal/Lunars too if the game goes long enough.
>>
>>82982617
Yeah, but they aren't dead when you start a game and they sure as hell aren't going to be during one. I mean what kind of game are you playing when your solution to some of the largest antagonistic figures in the setting is, "Meh, they'll die eventually... probably." I mean seriously.

Moreover, the other large threats of the setting: neverborn/deathlords, yozi/demons, and raksha all have something in common. Oh yeah, they are all ageless too.

You see, the thing is the antagonists of the setting exist for you or your players to go out and kick the shit out of; metaphorically or literally as would be your preference. The idea that time will solve anything on it's own runs completely counter to everything established within the games setting. In fact, time is really the enemy more than anything since Creation continues to diminish unless things are changed (by you is implicitly implied here).
>>
>>82981874
>and why dragon bloods aren't effected since they were made the way they are to begin with.
In 2e, at least, Dragonblooded were written as being subject to their elemental nature when they went out of WP. Something similar to this might be good for the other Celestials.
>>
>>82980264
I like the previous editions takes on Raksi more than this edition take. Can't she just be a Wyld-maddened genius prodigy thaumatized by Exaltation and Usurpation when she was very young, living in her ruins as god-queen, giving zero fucks about who thinks what of her and obsessed with attaining Third Circle sorcery like she always was? Now she apparently thinks in terms of philosophies and personas and pulitical support, and filtering people out of her safe space by eating babies. Cant't writers stop thinking in terms of political agendas for a moment?
>>
>>82983119
>Can't she just be
No, because she needs DEPTH and to be MATURE and MISUNDERSTOOD rather than just a crazy monkey demigod who eats babies.
>>
Don't forget they also removed Desus fom canon because we can't have rapists or abusers in our game about insane demigods who believe they're entitled to do whatever the fuck they want with the people around them.
>>
>>82983049
I don't really think they need an issue at all. The thing is, Dragonbloods aren't really meant to be like the other Exalts. I'm not going to go as far as "Making Dragonbloods playable was a mistake," but there is some merit to this outlook. Dragonbloods don't really fit into a specific place on the Protagonist/Antagonist wheel anywhere. I mean we've basically got this:
>Solars/Abyssals
>Sidereals/Infernals
>Lunars/Competence I guess. I think this is where you could do some kind of Hearteater/Umbral thing if someone had the inclination
Dragonbloods are just a low level threat for the early game that the players are meant to surpass completely as the game goes on. They are mostly treated within the game like any other flavor of the week antagonist be it fae, spirit, or undead. The only way this will change dramatically is if your players decide to go stamp out The Realm/Lookshy.

I guess I'm saying that they don't need the same treatment because they just aren't on the same level as Celestials and players aren't really gravitating towards playing them unless it's a DB only game. In this case you are probably doing this to play some version of GoT anyway so being weaker and having to make up for it in other ways is kinda the point.
>>
>>82983147
She had some depth before, but now she doesn't, at all. Now she is another lunar with informed qualities, the book is full of those. No meat to her.
>>
>>82983312
The same is true of Lilith. She used to be a tragic, conflicted and all-around messed up figure. Now she's just a generic empowered womyn of color who is also a furry.
>>
>>82983190
>Dragonbloods are just a low level threat for the early game that the players are meant to surpass completely as the game goes on.
Pure headcanon.
>>
>>82983411
I cannot understand why the devs cannot understand that such changes detract from the setting, not improve it. Is there any actually intersting new (or "new") characters in 3e Lunars? I sure can't recall any.
>>
>>82983190
They make okay main antagonists for Lunars if you dial up how active and power-dense the Wyld Hunt is. Once you go over a dozen Dragonblood in one place working together to ruin someone's day, even full Lunar PC circles tend to turn around and walk away or go into sabotage/trickster mode. Justifying it with the setting assumption that the Wyld Hunt has been gutted by saying that what's left of the dedicated groups collapsed together to keep individual Hunts at the same strength but less common is a pretty easy sell.
>>
>>82981710
You tried the transparent pixel trick?
>>
>>82983474
I got this tablet yesterday, so I don't know any of the tricks for digital art yet. What is this "transparent pixel trick?"
>>
>>82983024
>I mean what kind of game are you playing when your solution to some of the largest antagonistic figures in the setting is, "Meh, they'll die eventually... probably." I mean seriously.
It worked for Muzan.
>>
>>82983479
https://twitter.com/foone/status/1095669707795877888
>>
>>82983190
They are the foils to Solars, And integral to the main narrative.
>>
>>82983562
Okay so I review the image and found out that I'm just an idiot and the resolution is in fact tiny. 771 x 435 in fact.
I'm just retarded. Thanks for showing me that though, It'll be helpful in the future.
>>
>>82983119
No, because the modern person has been roped head first into thinking everything has to be political, everything has to be polarized and in one camp or another. The writers are just the product of this. Nothing can be about personality or about what the person wants because as much as individuality is lauded, it’s the exact opposite of what the narrative actually is. And it bleeds through here unfortunately, because who need propaganda when everyone spouts it for you?
>>
Alright, I got 3000~ words of campaign written out and ready enough to post. I'll post a part I already posted some threads ago for the people who didn't read that.
Without ado.

There was once a quaint sort of mountains in the eastern lands of Creation, which inside was a cavern that was forty two and a half meters tall, and twenty-four meters in diameter. It’s height a direct correspondent to 425 days of the heavens, and it’s diameter to correspond to the 24 hours of those days. In the center of the cavern was a golden figure, although one could not hope to see it’s color in the dark, that was 15 meters in height. In the figure's hands was a sort of sphere of tightly packed earth, engraved with rituals and prayers and seals, and in the figure’s hands the sphere sat, and in the cavern the figure sat, and under the mountains the cavern sat.

In these mountains was a particular village, one fifth of which spoke the tongue of rivers, and the rest who spoke the tongue of jungles. The village was held as backwater but reasonable by its neighboring settlements, and held as irrelevant by the high-nosed imperial dragons who made the east their concern. The village held little in the way of luxuries save for a form of wine made for local peaches, which was supped upon by the villages old men as they gathered in the shade during the hottest hours of the day and spoke of better times and better days. For this wine, the village was named Suān táo, and the inhabitants spent their days unexcitingly but content.

One day a ronin wandered up the mountain pass and into the village, having heard of the wine made from sour peaches, and of the disdain the eastern dragons held for it. The ronin was a scruffy looking man, with a number of scars about his exposed chest and on his face and arms, and golden earrings that reflected an image of a rising sun upon them. He wore his hair pulled back, and walked on a pair of wooden sandals that made the village men think of a donkey’s hooves.
>>
>>82983708
wait should I greentext this?

>About his waist he kept sheathed a sword he called Yojimbo, and would scare the children of the village with stories of it stealing the souls of those he cut with it. Whenever he could be drinking, he would be, flirting with the village women who made the sour-peach wine until they would produce for him another sampling.

>The elder of the village at once wanted this ronin away from his sleepy and peaceful village, and would not relent in his harassment of the man until the ronin finally promised to protect the village for as long as he lived within it. Finally appeased, the elder allowed for this, and the ronin spent some time relaxing within the sleepy village.

>Some time after this, a great and terrible storm had struck the mountains where the village was, and the day after it had passed the children who played in the forest-covered mountain came back, telling of a great chasm that had opened up in the earth, and of the terrible giant that dwelt within. The news of the giant who dwelt in caves sent a wave of unease through the village of sour peaches, who debated amongst themselves of what should be done about the giant, and of what tribute it would demand. The elder of the village remembered the ronin at this time, and set about through the village to look for him, finding him resting on one of the branches of a Sour-Peach tree, where he had slept through the storm upon.

>“Come now, ronin of wooden sandals and golden piercings, it is time for you to uphold your vow to me. A giant has been awoken by yesterday's storm, and dwells within a cave that is further upon the path up the mountaintop, and will no doubt demand of this village tribute of wine or livestock or lives!” the elder of the village cried out to him, looking up at his sleeping form on the branch. Sleepily the ronin replied to the elder, “no doubt this is the tale of children with too much time to themselves, and with too active of imaginations.
>>
>>82981710
that's fine it still looks great
>>
>>82983718
>Perhaps they found for themselves an old shrine of which many litter this mountain alone, or perhaps the story has no basis at all and they merely seek to amuse themselves after being constrained indoors by the danger of the storm. Perhaps still they merely saw a peculiar set of rubble, shaken loose by the water, and which found itself in approximation to the image of a giant.” But still the elder insisted, and the ronin finally agreed to spend the day searching for the supposed giant that was witnessed by the children.

>Grumpy that his day was to be spent on such nonsense as stories of giants, the ronin filled the gourd at his waist with the elders own stock of peach-wine, and set out to where the children claim to have seen the giant. To the ronin’s surprise such a crevice in the mountainside had been opened up, and at the bottom of such was a tunnel that continued further into the earth. Growing progressively more wary, the ronin looked about him to make sure no one in the village had followed him before focusing for a moment and readying his hand on his blade. A faint glow began to radiate forth from a glowing circle on the ronin’s forehead, and his eyes narrowed in preparation.

>Descending forth into the large tunnel, the ronin counted four-hundred breaths before he came upon a large set of doors, bigger than any normal man could hope to move, but just about perfectly sized for a giant. Thankfully the door had been opened somewhat already, and the ronin could slip through the gaps in the doors easily enough.

>Inside was a chamber, thirty-six and a half meters in height and twenty-four meters in diameter, but the light that came forth from the ronin’s head was only enough to guide him for some feet, where he walked until he saw a sphere covered in dust and mud. Gingerly he reached forth to wipe away the mud to read the inscription on the sphere, but when his hand made contact with the sphere the whole of the chamber was awash in light and heat.
>>
>>82983728
>Stumbling back with a curse, the ronin held fast his blade’s handle, and readied himself to flee to the open area of the crevice. The light began to fill in texts and scripture, first upon the muddy sphere, then upon all surfaces of the cavern. The cave now fully alight, the ronin saw the golden figure that clutched the sphere and realized at once that this was the giant the children had claimed to have seen. Readying himself to slice off the giant’s hand when it reached for him, he grew curious when no such attack came from the giant. No movement at all issued from the giant, it instead continued to cup the dirty sphere in its hands.

>The light of the cavern had just then filled in fully, allowing full visibility to the ronin of his surroundings. At once the ronin realized that the giant was not a living creature at all, but rather some form of elaborate statue. “A shrine,” the ronin spoke to himself, rather satisfied to have been right in his earlier estimate. “An elaborate shrine that was hidden deep in the mountains by a people who lived here during an earlier age. For what reason or how it was constructed, I do not know, but it matters little either way. I know the giant the children spoke of is not but decoration, and that the village is in no danger at all.”

>The ronin then turned to leave the still glowing chamber when a hiss of steam, like a boiling teapot that was quickly taken from fire, alerted him. Turning, the ronin noticed with trepidation that the sphere of mud in the statue’s hands was beginning to split open, with a horrible glow coming from within it. Readying his hand on his blade and raising the other to block the harsh light, the ronin prepared to combat whatever would issue forth.

>To the ronin’s surprise, when the light settled down once more, the sphere had cracked open perfectly in half and revealed the form of a man curled up within.
>>
>>82983738
>‘Were he to be seen by one of the imperial dragons,’ the ronin thought to himself, ‘he would no doubt be taken up, and be made into a consort for the rest of his days.’. For the man was of unearthly beauty, and was perhaps comparable to the princes of Yu-shan. Then it was the ronin noticed a glowing circle upon the center of the man's forehead, similar but not identical to his own, and his wariness was once more increased.

>The man who came from the sphere began to stir, and when his eyes opened fully the ronin called out, “Who are you, and what purpose do you have?” The man blinked confusedly at the ronin, before repeating back “Who am I?”. Not expecting that answer, the ronin called out again, “Who are you, surely you are a man grown, and can answer me this.” and the man from the muddy sphere spoke out “This one has just awoken to this place gentle sir, and has no recollection of my time before.” his eyes were wide and honest, “If this one does possess a name, then he does not know it, and cannot tell the gentle sir.”

>Aggravated but patient, the ronin spoke out, “One must possess a name, if you cannot answer this, then I will give you one. For you came forth from the earth, a man fully grown, your familial name shall be Hijikata. As we live in the third age of man, your personal name shall be Toshizou. Thus from this moment on, I shall call you as such.” the newly dubbed Hijikata Toshizou then curiously responded, “This one now knows himself as Hijikata Toshizou, but has no knowledge of the gentle sir before him.” the ronin answered him agreeably, claiming his name to be Sanjuro Sakata.

>It was such that the two came to set off on the road once more, for the village was no place for a man with no memory Sanjuro decided. Conveniently too that he decided this, as Hijikata discovered how to animate and control the statue that held him in the sphere shortly before, and the village was far too small to accommodate a giant made of metal.
>>
>>82983750
>Of course it was a very short number of days after they had departed from Suān táo that the two of them realized they had neither the knowledge of hunting and foraging or any jade enough to purchase foodstuffs, and so they became hungry very quickly. It was on the road between Suān táo and a larger settlement called Daishin that finally Sanjuro had enough of rumbling bellies, both Hijitaka’s and his own, and he declared “A bandit or another villain surely lurks in these mountains, and certainly we shall be richly rewarded should they be captured and brought to the care of the authorities. We shall ask the locals at Daishin of the location of such a figure and bring them to Greyfalls, to the west of here, and have enough wealth to sate our hunger for some weeks.”

>Hijitaka, having no wisdom in the ways of the world beyond what Sanjuro taught him, agreed, and thus their course was set. The giant of gold was sat and left a distance from Daishin, a walk that would take about the time it would take to have a meal, and the two individuals entered into Daishin looking quite strange to the people there.

>Daishin was large for the settlements this far east, which of course means it was merely a minnow in a school of tadpoles, and numbered about one-thousand peoples. It was to Sanjuro’s dismay upon meeting the guardsman at the gates, that they near-exclusively spoke the tongue of wood, a language he had not yet bothered to learn. Sanjuro was then greatly surprised to find that Hijitaka easily replied to the man, and stated their purpose.

>The guardsman chuckled at such a silly thing, a pair of scruffy individuals with merely a single sword and staff as weapons declaring they would go out and capture bandits. They were clearly no Dragons, nor were they the beast-men of the deeper-woods, nor were they apparently powerful at all.
>>
>>82983754
>One was a ronin with worn clothes, wooden sandals, and a sword in beaten sheath and the other was clearly some manner of imperial courtesan that had gotten lost, much too beautiful to be wandering about bringing villains to justice.

>Still, it was no business of his if these two wished to find their deaths at the hands of bandits, and so the guardsman obliged the two of them politely, telling them of the roadsman-lord Ennai who had been demanding tribute for all who walk the road from Daishin to Aeras. It was a matter that was much outside the domain of the Dynastic enclave of Greyfalls, and so they did not bother dealing with the villain themselves, seeing no point in expending effort for those outside their domain. Scorlas, the name of the territory that the area to the east of the Dynastic Enclave and that they resided within, wished to deal with the issue. But they could not afford to waste any men on it, for the Anathema Warlord Tokaru Deep was reported to be marching from the south towards Aeras, and such a thing was much more important than any mere bandit-lord.

>And so, a very convenient opportunity for filling their bellies came to the wandering pair, and eagerly they set off to find Ennai the roadsman-lord. It was on the road that they came across another figure, who walked with ease despite his heavy garments, and who bore the demeanor of a sage. Pausing in their strides to greet the red-haired man, Sanjuro spoke out saying “I greet you as a set of travelers greet a brother.” and warmly the man replied “I recognize you as brothers, but not by name. This one is Kirei and he walks this path in search of the roadsman-lord Ennai, have you been accosted by him?”

>Jubilantly, Sanjuro replied “This one is Sanjuro Sakata, and the one I travel with is Toshizou Hijikata. We have not seen the roadsman-lord, but it is very good that we have met you, for we also seek him.”
>>
>>82983759
>Stopping and frowning in thought, Sanjuro continued “We have intentions to capture him and bring him to the authorities in Greyfalls, are you of same mind?”

>Just as jubilant, Kirei replied “I would have been content with his death alone, but capturing him is preferable and much more possible with the assistance of two more. I was intending on handing him to the authorities of Aeras, but Greyfalls is just as good if a bit more of a distance to travel.” It was with good cheer that the three of them found out they wouldn’t have to slay one another, and that their goals were compatible enough to allow co-operation in this matter.

>Kirei spoke up once more after a moment to share rice and dumplings (a gift that was most auspicious to the hungry two) he had prepared for the trip. “It is the duty of the wise to guide those without knowledge, and so I must tell you. The domain of the roadsman-lord is back up the direction you came from for sometime and then north-west of the road when you reach the old shrine of Hunmei.” Despair filled the hearts of the two, for that was nearly a sixth of the day aways.

>Standing quickly, Sanjuro gathered his things and set off at a rapid pace, wanting this matter to be finished with and wanting the wealth to feast on multiple bowls of rice and bottles of wine and perhaps even conversation with a pretty girl. Hijikata quickly followed behind, for he had never fought a bandit before and he was quite excited to experience such, he wondered how much wealth they would gain from this, ten or maybe even twenty coins. What a grand amount to one who has never seen any coin before, he was sure that such a thing would be incredible. And following them with one hand holding onto his wide-brimmed hat was Kirei in bemusement.
>>
>>82983766
>Then upon finding the shrine of Hunmei, they followed a path of beaten vegetation in the direction that Kirei spoke of, and eventually they happened upon a sort of camp at the base of a smaller valley and there they supposed the roadsman-lord must dwell. Mostly they could tell because of the great banner in the middle of the camp that proclaimed it to be the ‘Domain of Great-Lord Ennai’. Barking a laugh, Kirei noted that the roadsman-lord was exceedingly modest to have so small a banner and territory for what was clearly a grand and powerful leader of men.

>Just as Kirei was about to continue and propose a plan of action did he notice Sanjuro was already running down the hill, wooden sandals clacking loudly against the rocky soil as he approached. Much to his dismay, Hijikata was following closely behind, staff raised and grinning broadly.

>“I am Sanjuro Sakata! I have come to bring the bandit Ennai to justice! May he and his followers present themselves for swift defeat!” Hijikata joined in, crying out “I am Hijikata Toshizou, please treat me with kindness in our battle!”.

>Grunting in amusement, Kirei raised a hand and began to focus.

(END)
>>
>>82983725
I'm glad you like it anon
>>
File: 545353653.gif (1.53 MB, 480x286)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB GIF
I have been having some issue with Tiger Warrior Training.

Im running a campaign and one of my players just finished training his background hordes of unwashed bandits.

The charm states that they gain traits of elite units. Does this means their statblock and equipment?

I thought he would need to gain some real battle experiance or use bureaucracy to get them some real equipment and evolve them int
medium infantry / grizzled mercenaries and then into elite statblock.

Please help
>>
>>82984064
The Charm's about training people real good, so I see no reason to think it'd create equipment from thin air. It does give Tiger-Warriors the dice pools, Willpower and other such traits of elite troops, though.
>>
>>82984064
>>82984115
That said, if the player has sufficient Resources dots or an appropriate Ally/Contact, I'd argue that equipping your elite troops with appropriate gear would be an appropriate background activity undertaken whilst training them up
>>
>>82984466
Yeah, if the resources are there I wouldn't get too hung up on logistical details.
>>
>>82984064
The whole point of the charm is quickly getting your troops skilled without needing things like "actual combat experience."
Gear would require resources dots. Or a plot beat about finding gear without paying for it.
>>
>>82984574
- Train soldiers into naked unarmed Tiger Warriors
- Defeat enemies armed with sticks and leather armor, loot the corpses
- Defeat enemies armed with spears and buff jackets, loot the corpses
- Defeat enemies armed with swords and iron armor, loot the corpses

Always possible to do it the long way too if you're broke
>>
>>82984064
Tiger Warriors are actually more scary if you let them change their equipment around. They're wearing something called an 'enchanted brocade' as the only really meaningful piece of equipment on them - and you do not want them to be able to put down their slashing swords to pick up spears, hammers, clubs, or bows. And clubs are really, really easy to get - they literally grow on trees, but you do not want a battlegroup to be able to throw out area of effect Smashing attacks because that will actually destroy you.

Anyway, the enchanted brocade. I was doing the math on it and decided it was too much trouble because of inconsistencies with Quick Characters, but based on the change between Elite and Medium troops, the brocade gives at worst ~+2 Soak to Light Armor. You can just give them Soak 8 in light armor from like a buff jacket or something to show this, and hope the PC doesn't bring up whether they can suit them up in Heavy armor instead.

In terms of experience, yeah, Tiger Warrior Training Technique pushes mortals really hard really fast. This has been the case in all editions and is one of the nuts setting-breaking effects Solars have access to, along with Wyld-Shaping Technique and Solar Sorcery.
>>
>>82984620
Re: Brocade, that is to say that the best case scenario for you is that the armor is Light Armor enchanted with extra Soak, because it means the Tiger Warriors aren't running around with Evasion 3 while operating under a -2 Mobility Penalty.

We really don't want this to be like Dragonball weighted armor coming off the Tiger Warriors so they can clown on everyone even harder.
>>
>>82983411
What are Lilith's previous writeups like, for comparison?
>>
>>82984064
I don't see why not, in the hands of a Tiger Warrior a hoe is as deadly as a daiklave.
>>
>>82984696
Her 1E writeup had her being an outsider to Creation who lived through the First Age and the Second so she has firsthand experience of how far the world has risen and fallen. Her 2E made her a Desus punching bag. Being a nigger is apparently a 3e thing.
>>
>>82984804
Artist bro - Draw a Tiger warrior wielding a ho to fight a DB using a daiklaive
>>
>>82984837
Do you mean a ho as in the farming implement or a ho as some streetwalker the Tiger Warrior picked up?
>>
>>82984842
Dealer's choice
>>
>>82984842
At the end of the day they're both improvised clubs, so yes.
>>
>>82984696
Went insane by a mix of Solar mind control + wyld poisoning, Returned to sanity to guarantee that Swarn isn't Desus 2.0.
>>
Any news?
>>
>>82985801
on..?
>>
Solars kept mating pressing people's wives. This is why the usurpation happened. it has nothing to do with destroying creation or anything like that. They just cucked too many people.
>>
>>82985846
It's an honor to have a solar cum in / on your spouse
>>
>>82985855
There's also the issue where during solar deliberate meetings sids would walk up to give a presentation and they would end up getting mating pressed every time.
>>
>>82985919
Mating press seems so undignified for Solars. More a Lunar thing. And Siddies have perfect defences for exactly that reason
>>
>>82985936
Most Solars who thought they were mating pressing their Sid buddies were actually redirected by Dodge charms into fucking their Lunars by accident. The Sids just apply Illusion effects and act like they got bent over real good when they next see the Solars so nothing seems suspicious.

The cum-drenched, exhausted Lunars don't count, since that is the natural state of Lunars.
>>
File: zenith.png (11 KB, 877x708)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>Nadir is the opposite of Zenith.

>>82985806
Development, The last thing was the Architects tease.
>>
>>82981926
>You could probably cook up some kind of very subtle plague for it with 3e Sorcery or 2e Craft(Bio), if we're following genre-conventions. Alternatively, develop some powerful martial art that runs on lifespan, teach it to the Celestials, and watch their strong convictions / powergamer players / heroic willpowers lead them to over-using it.
>Can both of these things be overcome by plot armor and strong character? Yes. You could probably make a great story out of it.
I could see something like that working as the grand plan of a major antagonist. Well, antagonist assuming players wouldn't just go along with it. I'm thinking a Sidereal elder, one who took part in the Usurpation and has ever since been obsessed with figuring out the reason everything went so wrong ever since and who's arrived at the conclusion that Exalts living so long is at least a part of the problem.
>>
>>82984696
In 2e, her Solar mate was Desus, whose social fu was strong enough to bend everyone's opinions of him into a positive light no matter what heinous shit he did, implying at that he also unconsciously did this to himself so he could never self-reflect on his actions either. He would regularly cheat on Lilith, beat her, and she'd just accept it out of her love. Generally he's an example of a First Age Solar who became a complete monster not from horrific callous, experiments or being a bloodthirsty maniac, but just being an amazingly shitty person. It's also implied that he once was a good husband, kinda. He's always been kind of an ass though, as seen with the lighthouse cyclops dude.
He died in the Usurpation, and Lilith helped form the backbone of the early Lunar resistance and Silver Pact with her skills as a Primordial War veteran.
Eventually she unfucked her mind from what Desus had done to her, and she realized what a shitheel he was. She grew more and more distant from the Pact, and just became a bird for centuries. Then Swan became her new Mate, and she's obsessed with making sure he's not going to become another Desus, or kill him if she thinks he will. She's also a tiny bit crazy from the mental trauma and being a bird for do long.
>>
>>82986907
man
that's way better than the half-hearted garbage we currently have.
>>
>>82977890
It made perfect sense originally when Raksi was just a weird ancient asshole entirely detached from the human condition, she's was the witch in the forest. You dealt with her because she offered magic not because you wanted to be her friend.
>>
>>82986907
Sounds like she needs a good mating press from an ugly bastard. Solar bros, you know what to do!
>>
>>82988017
I AM DESUS REBORN
BREAKER OF WOMBS
DESTROYER OF MARRIAGES
HE WHO IS NAMED
C H A D
>>
>>82988057
You look like this?
>>
>>82984818
Where can I find her 1e writeup?
>>
>>82988073
Probably Exalted: the Lunars. I think the whole abused spouse of an asshole First Age Solar was a part of her deal in 1E, too.
>>
What do you tell a lunar with two black eyes?
Nothing, you already told her twice!
>>
File: Lilith 1e.png (701 KB, 939x1919)
701 KB
701 KB PNG
>>82988073
IIRC, this small bit of fiction is from 1e. there are pdfs you can download in the OP for more.
>>
Hopefully the Hearteaters will fare better.
>>
>>82983773
So I have ask, is anyone actually interested in reading this? Or should I stop while ahead?
>>
>>82989706
Nigga, do you even have to ask? OC is always welcome.
>>
>>82989873
This one bows his head in reverence, chastised by your wisdom.
>>
File: file.png (2.84 MB, 1377x1920)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB PNG
Post real life exalts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurelian
>>
>>82990920
>His full name, with honorific and victory titles, was Imperator Caesar Lucius Domitius Aurelianus pius felix invictus Augustus, pontifex maximus, Germanicus maximus, Gothicus maximus, Parthicus maximus, Carpicus maximus, tribunicia potestate VI, consul III, imperator, pater patriae, proconsul, restitutor orbis

Jesus
>>
>>82990944
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idi_Amin
His full self-bestowed title ultimately became: "His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, CBE, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular", in addition to his officially stated claim of being the uncrowned king of Scotland.
>>
>>82990920
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Carton_de_Wiart
He served in the Boer War, First World War, and Second World War. He was shot in the face, head, stomach, ankle, leg, hip, and ear; was blinded in his left eye; survived two plane crashes; tunnelled out of a prisoner-of-war camp; and tore off his own fingers when a doctor declined to amputate them. Describing his experiences in the First World War, he wrote, "Frankly I had enjoyed the war."

The Oxford Dictionary of National Biography described him thus: "With his black eyepatch and empty sleeve, Carton de Wiart looked like an elegant pirate, and became a figure of legend."
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dashrath_Manjhi

>Dashrath Manjhi (14 January 1934[1] – 17 August 2007[2]), also known as Mountain Man,[3] was a laborer in Gehlaur village, near Gaya in Bihar, India. When his wife died in 1959 due to injury caused by falling from a mountain, he decided to carve a path of 110 m long (360 ft), 9.1 m (30 ft) wide and 7.7 m (25 ft) deep through a ridge of hills using only a hammer and a chisel.[4][5][6] After 22 years of work, Dashrath shortened travel between the Atri and Wazirganj blocks of Gaya town from 55 km to 15 km.[7] He travelled to New Delhi to get recognition of his work and was rewarded by then Chief Minister of Bihar, Nitish Kumar. In 2016, Indian Post issued a postage stamp featuring him.
>>
>>82978068
I don't really understand this mutation thing, when you buy a mutation, doesn't it just manifest all the time and not need this charm to activate? It specifically says they are manifested and perceptible to everyone.
>>
>>82991355
These aren't bought mutations, when you take a pre-requisite charm you pick a certain number of mutations to represent your demonic transofrmation and can manifest them temporarily. This charm lets you manifest them all at once
>>
>>82991289
>Wife die
>Take revenge on mountain
What a lad
>>
>>82990920
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton
>Joshua Abraham Norton, known as Emperor Norton, was a resident of San Francisco, California, who in 1859 proclaimed himself "Norton I., Emperor of the United States". In 1863, after Napoleon III invaded Mexico, he took the secondary title of "Protector of Mexico".
>Some dude proclaims himself Emperor of your nation and Exalts for it
>>
>>82991668
>Norton had no formal political power; nevertheless, he was treated deferentially in San Francisco, and currency issued in his name was honored in the establishments that he frequented. His rule was recognized by the Kingdom of Hawaii. Some considered him insane or eccentric,[11] but citizens of San Francisco celebrated his imperial presence and his proclamations, such as his order that the United States Congress be dissolved by force and his numerous decrees calling for the construction of a bridge and tunnel crossing San Francisco Bay to connect San Francisco with Oakland.
>>
>>82991747
>as his order that the United States Congress be dissolved by force

Yeah...I'm thinking based
>>
Behold, the average 2e game!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_True_Story
>>
>>82991996
>The narrative begins with Lucian and his fellow travelers journeying out past the Pillars of Heracles.[9][10] Blown off course by a storm, they come to an island with a river of wine filled with fish and bears, a marker indicating that Heracles and Dionysus have traveled to this point, and trees that look like women.[10][11] Shortly after leaving the island, they are caught up by a whirlwind and taken to the Moon,[10][12] where they find themselves embroiled in a full-scale war between the king of the Moon and the king of the Sun over colonization of the Morning Star.[10][13] Both armies include bizarre hybrid lifeforms.[14][10] The armies of the Sun win the war by clouding over the Moon and blocking out the Sun's light.[10][15] Both parties come to a peace agreement.[16] Lucian describes life on the Moon and how it is different from life on Earth.
>>
>>82992033
>where they find themselves embroiled in a full-scale war between the king of the Moon and the king of the Sun over colonization of the Morning Star.[10][13] Both armies include bizarre hybrid lifeforms.[14][10] The armies of the Sun win the war by clouding over the Moon and blocking out the Sun's light.[10][15] Both parties come to a peace agreement.[16] Lucian describes life on the Moon and how it is different from life on Earth.
So it is this how you role play a Blue Sid...
>>
>>82991996
>After returning to Earth, the adventurers are swallowed by a 200-mile-long (320km) whale,[18][19]in whose belly they discover a variety of fish people, against whom they wage war and triumph.[19][20]They kill the whale by starting a bonfire and escape by propping its mouth open.[21][19]
RIP Leviathan.
>>
>>82991996
>>82992033
>>82992153
>The king of the inhabitants of the Sun, Phaethon," said Endymion king of the Moon, "has been at war with us for a long time now. Once upon a time I gathered together the poorest people in my kingdom and undertook to plant a colony on the Morning Star which was empty and uninhabited. Phaethon out of jealousy thwarted the colonization, meeting us halfway at the head of his dragoons. At that time we were beaten, for we were not a match for them in strength, and we retreated. Now, however, I desire to make war again and plant the colony.

Sounds like first age exalts
>>
One of my group mates is making a Twiligght sorcerer with Occult supernal, and he's thinking taking a bit of physical combat stuff on the side for when he can't cast, but he's blocking on what exactly to take. Archery with a crossbow? A Martial Art?
>>
>>82992296
Archery with a crossbow sounds good if he wants physical defence but doesn’t want to have to focus on it, he can potentially add poison and shit to the arrows as a cheap way to up their ante.

>poison is ass in Exalted
Well yeah, but every little bit counts.
>>
>>82992296
Martial art : single point style
Gives him 2 actions per turn, one of which must be a sword attack.
>>
>>82992296
>>82992356
Also, if he gets virtuous guardian of flame as a control spell, he can give it evocations as it defends him. Evocations like the flying quicksilver blade, which is an artifact that gives him another set of actions.

End this with 3 swords with their own initiative tracks and one sorcerer who can cast with impunity.
>>
Is it worth picking Socialize supernal on an Eclipse ?
>>
>>82988176
See, this is good shit. It's succint and to the point. It's tragic, evocative and colorful. Just a few paragraphs but it tells you an entire life story. It paints a picture of Lilith's conflicted mental landscape. It paints, even if in broad strokes, a vivid picture of the First Age in all its splendor and horror without going into unnecessary detail. It makes you liable to understand, maybe even sympathize with her strong urge to remain a mindless animal because the crushing weight of memory is almost too much to bear, and to return to her normal self is to face her inner demons again. To see one of the mightiest of the Exalted host being so strongly tempted to resort to mindless escapism rather than face her past and who she is, that's a sobering image in a game whose premise is showing these world-shaking demigods as still human and vulnerable. It shows Lilith's survivalist perserverance, her resourcefulness and her courage without resorting to vapid current year yass slay queen pablum. It also shows that for all her scars and all that she tries to distance herself from the world and herself, she's still herself, and she's still capable of love and hope even as she's struggling not to fall into her own weaknesses. This is how you do a character's background.

Now, onto her 2e writeup.
>>
>>82992662
Her 2e character focuses much more on being a beaten wife to highlight the cruelty of FA Solars. Her 1e character was as a rememberer of past glories, even as Mahasuchi is a symbol of Lunar savagery.
>>
File: Lilith 2e.png (151 KB, 272x731)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
>>82992662
>>82992970
Here's her write up from MEP: Lunars, p 53.
>>
Could you make a ship entirely of Ironwood ?
>>
>>82993026
Of course you can. You probably want to make it an artifact to ensure it can float, though.
>>
>2e Infernals settle disputes by raping a mutated girl.
Infernals really have a good concept, Since their popularity was tanked by their book.

>>82993016
1e is more professional.
>>
>>82993016
Yeah, this is a huge step down.

>Starting off with a knob polishing (or should I say clam polishing?)
>Blowing its load early with lurid and interminable descriptions of Lilith's plight at Desus' hands (when 1e did it leagues better with a sentence or two)
>Too much detail in the wrong places, vague in others.
>Jobbing to the Silver Pact with little fanfare, no interesting situations of interaction. Literally "lmao thanks for the tats bye"
>"Only the merest luck saved Lilith" fucking gay, while we're at it.
>The rest isn't terribly interesting. Too many words to say too little.
Overall, 5/10. Decent-ish but drags on a lot and is poorly written. Still gives you a decent if rough idea of who Lilith is and what motivates her.

And now... onto her 3e writeup.
>>
File: Lilith 3e.png (349 KB, 547x716)
349 KB
349 KB PNG
>>82993140
>>82993391
From page 346-347 of FatG.
>>
>>82993475
See, I can actually see

>there was an attempt

to recapture the 1e feel of her writeup. But it feels like they tried TOO hard to explain things that the 1e account left up to imagination, that take away from more interesting ideas of how Lilith ended up as a madwoman in the woods, and written to be so clinical it's harder to get a sense of her as a person.

I also maintain excising Elder Essence in every meaningful way was a mistake, and the Owl But Also Person charm is not worthy of being an E6 effect.
>>
>>82993538
A lot of 3e is an attempt to fill in checkboxes but there is no real feeling or soul behind it.
>>
>>82993475
Thank, It is more cohesive than 2e but really dull.

There's a comparative of the other elders too?
>>
>>82993475
First thing I notice?
>It gets fucking longer each edition.
Someone should remind these fucking hacks that brevity is wit. Then again if they knew that they wouldn't waste paragraphs of "natural language" when writing Charms. Moving on...

>First paragraph is alright.
>Second paragraph is alright-ish, could've been condensed into the first.
>Third could be condensed too.
>4th: This is starting to feel really padded.
>5th and 6th paragraph: Holy shit CONDENSE. SAY MORE WITH LESS.
>privilege, lel
>"We're gonna make Lilith less of a battered wife this time around" "How?" "Make everything she does about her lover" Fucking lol.
>1e did all this in a couple paragraphs, in case you need a reminder.
>Stop with the fucking overdetailed descriptions that go nowhere, CONDENSE.
>Over twice the wordcount of her 1e history while saying maybe half.
>Stuff about her doing things with the Silver Pact feel tacked on. Good intentions but shoddy execution.
>Also the art of her (not pictured) is ass-ugly and makes her look like she's gonna scream IT'S MA'AM anytime.
>Seriously, it's a man face on a man body, compare to pictures of actual /fit/ women.

-13/10 Absolute garbage fire, this is why you need editors.
>>
>>82993538
>>82993592

I think the writers were so desperate to wash their hands of Desus that they spent too much on Andami while simultaneously telling us nothing about him.

I don't understand why the baby eating was allowed to stay in tact (but done for ironic reasons) and the guy running literal rape camps could be retooled but the domestic abuser had to go.
>>
>>82993603
Because Desis is too good as a foil past-incarnatiom for you own character. He's a shitty person but a excellent character.
>>
>>82993603
>they spent too much on Andami while simultaneously telling us nothing about him
My take is that they wanted to recapture the "vivid picture painted in broad strokes" feel of the 1e version without actually understanding what made it work. Like with everything else about 3e, they know the notes but not the music.

>I don't understand why the baby eating was allowed to stay in tact (but done for ironic reasons) and the guy running literal rape camps could be retooled but the domestic abuser had to go.
Because Lunars and the Silver Pact are the designated BLM faction, therefore their crimes are excusable. Desus was a shitty privileged whyt boi, so he had to go because otherwise it'd trigger some rainbow hair tranny or something.
>>
>>82993603
They probably think her core is "Cannibal sorceress in a shit hole".
>>
>>82993646
I don't know why I included the word "because" in that sentence, ignore that.
Also Desus, fuck
>>
>>82993592
It's not even like /fit/ brown tomboy is an archetype that people don't like. People love that shit. It's just that they failed to make the art appealing.
>>
File: SLS Desus.png (61 KB, 1372x452)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>82993603
>>82993646
Does SLS still write for Exalted? This seems to explain why Desus became what he became.

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/why-is-desus-a-monster.531693/post-12659768
>>
File: lilith artwork.jpg (303 KB, 1616x532)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
This is all the artwork of her I could gather on short notice, feel free to post more if you find it. While it could use a bit more meat on her bones and some scars, maybe some more distinct iconography, I think this is okay. Compare this with...
>>
File: IT'S MA'AM.jpg (136 KB, 449x574)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>82993776
...this.
>>
>>82993786
Not enough boobs or pretty face.
This is bad civilization.
>>
>>82993776
Got artwork for Desus? I don't think I've ever seen him in colour.
>>
>>82993837
Here you go.
>>
>>82977003
Is there anything hotter than having a Lunar that is completely crazy for you?
Like Harley Queen or Faithful Pia from the cult of the iluminated?
>>
>>82993786
Meh that's an overall downgrade.
>>
>>82993776
Wait WAIT the most foreground-looking Lunar is supposed to be Lilith? FUCK, I somehow missed that for years.
>>
>>82993879
I feel irrationally annoyed that after making a point of describing Bright Shattered Ice's wings as aritfacts, 3e felt the need to add in Bonfire Anima Wings.

I also feel like, in hindsight, the biggest hint for The Lover Clad in the Rainment of Tears being her ghost was what she wore in life. Presumably in a doomed attempt to get Desus' attention.
>>
>>82993681
Lilith is not a fit brown tomboy in that picture, she is a tranny
>>
>>82994012
I thought it was when the Lover personally confronted Arianna during the B&W Treatise comics
>>
>>82994034
Like I said, failed to make the art appealing.
>>
>>82993681
Yeah, they failed by making her a nigger.
At least they didn't go all the way to make her look more black like poor Jade.
>>
>>82994034
>>82994086
>>82994090
Gonna re draw Lilith as a tomboy knight now.
>>
File: file.png (481 KB, 634x429)
481 KB
481 KB PNG
>>82994090
Jade looks liek a fucking gorilla, it's terrible.

>>82994149
Please do, feel free to take inspiration from long-haired Korra
>>
File: file.png (558 KB, 803x513)
558 KB
558 KB PNG
>>82994157
I mean, compare this
>>
File: file.png (439 KB, 1100x978)
439 KB
439 KB PNG
>>82994187
TO this
>>
>>82994204
Noticably better
>>
>>82993762
he became a parody of himself, he's a meta example of the great curse.
>>
File: 1642220572335.jpg (77 KB, 708x1000)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>82994149
My personal take on her is just straight up Mikasa.
>>
>>82994688
Now that I think about it also works if her dead "husband" was Eren but they never consumed their union and you come along and NTR him.
Bonus points if you visit his grave with her and your kids.
>>
>>82994187
What saddens me the most in this pic is that the artist is clearly capable of drawing cute girls but the art directors ordered him to draw Jade ugly.
>>
File: lilith.png (288 KB, 359x453)
288 KB
288 KB PNG
This mugshot from Lords of Creation is my personal favorite, next to her comic in MoeP Lunars. It's what's subtly written on her face, but especially her eyes.
>>
>>82994149
Godspeed.
>>
>>82986907
>>82993016
Wow Lilith was more useless than I thought, I got some major stuff wrong about her and the Silver Pact
>>
File: Tomboy Lilith.jpg (539 KB, 2032x3008)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
I have tried
>>
>>82995432
You have succeeded, nice job.
>>
>>82995432
Damn son
>>
>>82995637
new thread
>>
>>82995432
Cute
>>
>>82995432
Unironically a thousand times better.
I only have one nitpick.
She has no moonsilver tattoos at least in 3e.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.