[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: batman-dnd.jpg (89 KB, 800x450)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
Building a character, and I want to go for a Batman-esque one, probably a Rogue/Monk. We're starting at level 3, and the system is 5e. The setting background I have is a lot of urban fighting, intrigue, and stealth, so thematically, it'd be perfect.

Stats are 16, 16, 14, 14, 12, 10 (DM's array, we all get the same ones).
>>
>>82320680
>5e
Give up, go home and become an alchoholic.
>>
>>82320680
>.5 Vhuman - Observant
>1 Fighter
>3 Rogue into Thief
>Fighter into Eldritch Knight
Probably something like that. Lets you throw things as a bonus action, magic replicates a lot of tech.
>>
>>82320749
I was thinking Thief Rogue (sneak attack, climb bonuses, the bonus actions, etc) and then Way of Shadow or Open Hand monk for the bonuses to either unarmed combat or the stealth bonuses.
>>
>>82320792
Unarmed (and monk for that matter) needs a lot of help to keep up and you non-lethal with any melee weapon. You can use this to personalize your batman or stick with your monk. Your call.
>>
Artificer/Monk, just like Spider Man.
>>
The real answer is you can’t because Batman is a god at everything he does. Come back when you roll 18s in every stat, then we can talk about making Batman. If you’re being for real, probably some combination of artificer and monk. Flavor all your spells as magical gadgets instead of spellcasting. The problem is Batman contains elements of every class. He’s a god tier fighter, an amazing monk, stealthy like a rogue, has the endurance of a Barbarian, and the intelligence of a wizard. Plus the ethics and moral code of a Paladin.
>>
>>82320680
juste act like a scitzo
>>
>>82320680
Have you tried not playing D&D?
>>
>>82320680
I wouldn't; not my style to wholesale copy existing characters. If I was, I'd probably struggle to do so at 3rd level just because of the sheer amount of multiclassing you need to do to get it right. You need to start Rogue then go into Artificer for 3 levels to get Armorer and use the lighter version of the armor which doesn't impact stealth. Artificer's "magic" is flavored as gadgetry, which fits Batman better than a Fighter.

Stat-wise, I'd go 16 INT, 16 WIS, 14 CON, 14 DEX, 12 STR, 10 CHA.

For your 1st level feat (provided you opt to go Variant Human), I'd reccomend Skilled, Prodigy, or Observant.

Skilled will get you proficiency in 10 of the 18 skills right out of the gate, Prodigy gets you an extra language, tool, and skill proficiency as well as an expertise at 1st level, and Observant improves the detective angle.

If you go skilled, I'd say the most important skills are as follows, in order: Investigation/Perception (tied), Stealth, Intimidation, Deception (To keep up your alter ego), Acrobatics, Insight, History(this and Insight for his seemingly bottomless wealth of knowledge) Sleight of Hand, Athletics, anything else.

Your first ASI (5th level if you go Rougue 1/Artificer 4) should go to either INT (For your gadgets), WIS (For detective work), or DEX(For mobility in skill checks). Alternatively, grab one of the feats above you didn't take at 1st.

As for Rogue, go into Inquisitive when you get the chance for all the bonuses it gets you at 3rd. They're very batman-esque, with the inability to roll less than 8 on Insight checks to pick up lies, Bonus Action skill checks for spotting hiding creatures and hidden clues, and the ability to counter any foe in battle just like the bat.

You don't need more than 3 levels of Artificer, but you could go up to 5 for Extra Attack or even all the way to 7th to get Flash of Genius to really be the smartest man in the room.
>>
>>82320680
You can't.
Batman moves faster than the speed of light as he has constantly outreact and move faster than Flash.
He also knocked two fullpowered kryptonians unconscious, so I assume he's strenght is 5 digits.
He also survived the reentry on the athmosphere and hitting the ground at mach 37 wearing only his cape, and also survived being punched through several buildings by Darkseid.
His intelligence is off the charts and he can also alter reality like being capable of redicrecting gamma ray using only a bathroom mirror.
>>
>>82320680
Rogue 4, bard 4, warlock 4, X 8. Vuman prodigy, get 5 expertise and 13 proficiencies. Start dex 18, then whatever you feel like. Fluff eldritch blasts as batarangs, i don't give a fuck. Spend your asi for stuff relevant feats. Int doesn't matter in 5e, so probably focus cha in order to be able to convince people of things along with dex to sneak.

Or just play a system that has anything to do with batman, your choice.
>>
Batman
Large monstrosity, unaligned
Armor Class 13 (Natural Armor)
Hit Points 59 (7d10+21)
Speed 40 ft.
STR
20 (+5) DEX
12 (+1) CON
17 (+3) INT
3 (-4) WIS
12 (+1) CHA
7 (-2)
Skills Perception +3
Senses Darkvision 60 Ft., passive Perception 13
Challenge 3 (700 XP)
Keen Sight and Smell. Batman has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight or smell.
Actions
Multiattack. Batman makes two attacks: one with his beak and one with his claws.
Beak. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: (1d10 + 5) piercing damage.
Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (2d8 + 5) slashing damage.
>>
>>82320680
>level 3
Yikes, it's going to be hard having something even resembling him but probably:
Rogue1/Monk1/Wizard1
>16, 16, 14, 14, 12, 10
Double yikes, those are low as fuck
Go Variant Human and pick something that gives you +1 to one stats so you can end with +2/+1 and have three 16s
Str 16
Dex 16
Con 12
Int 10
Wis 16
Cha 14
>>
>>82320749
> No combat maneuvers
Good pick on the multiclass tho.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.