[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Realm of the Ice Queen edition

>Resources (Rules, lore, and Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay)
WFB:https://pastebin.com/qVGrgwwh
WFRP:https://pastebin.com/inbyBsR6
Novels:https://pastebin.com/PFqPDr0H

>Warhammer Wikis
https://warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Alternative Models (WiP)
https://pastebin.com/xPeM9szL

>Warhammer Video Games
https://pastebin.com/bqTNOPkR

>Previous Thread:>>82304797
>>
Ice ice baby~
>>
>ICE BEARS BEARS ICE ICE ICE BEARS
what were they thinking?
>>
>>82319380
Hey, they also got SPIRITS. Both literal and figurative!
>>
>>82317079
Lads
Why dont all of us who own 3rd party take a photo of a few minis beside a ruler? then we can post them all and decide which are best?
>>
File: 1587323767792.jpg (282 KB, 700x877)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>'Spruce' comes from probably polish where it means "from Prussia*(z Prus
What the fuck, how did I not notice this before
>>
>>82315750
Yup. She shows up as a cameo and that's it. I do think Beasts in Velvet is the best 'Genevieve' story not in the least because of that, she can be a pretty tiresome heroine.
>>
File: rocko.jpg (62 KB, 357x402)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>82319380
"Our consumers in 2021 are too stupid to understand the idea of a bifurcated culture and the push and pull that situation entails when buffeted between an insane neighbor and a changeable one. Also our writers no longer know any of the historical in-jokes or cultural references we made back in the day, but they and the plebes DO know "LOL RUSSIANS ARE BEARS," so we'll go with that and Frozen references."
>>
>>82316913

Oh yeah 100% Brettonians, Tomb Kings, Kislev, Cathay, and whatever other brand new TOW armies they release will be overpriced resin (outside of an initial starter box or two at least). But I already got my Tomb Kings so idgaf.
>>
File: radii_bokha.jpg (98 KB, 794x844)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>82318797
they're british and not american?
>>82319904
what do they call it in Prussia then?
>>82319380
>>82319407
>>82320062
Why do they always have to crank it up past 10? In 6th, the only bear that was ridden was Tzar Boris' Urskin. And it was a really special thing that demonstrated Ursun's blessing on his most ardent follower.
The Ice Guard is fucking stupid conceptually and visually. Mongoloid looking finery and "ice weapons for everybody!!!"
They even fucked up the Ursun-damned Kossars for fuck's sakes. What's next, Ungol Horse Riders with skulls festooned off every piece of their bear (pun) skin?
And the Ice Queen looks fucking stupid. FUCK!
>>
>>82319380
More Fantasy and less Warhammer
>8G0AY
>>
>>82317351
You got it backwards. When those models were released, they were just normal greater daemons you could use in place of the GW ones. With Storm of Magic they were rebranded exalted greater daemons and given better statlines on account of their bigger size. In 40k Imperial Armour Apocalypse expansions the same models were actually given names and they were treated as special characters, but that was never extended to Warhammer Fantasy.
>>
File: Join us Kislev.jpg (795 KB, 1280x720)
795 KB
795 KB JPG
>>82319380
>what were they thinking?
We need to give Kislev Monstrous Cavalry.
>>
>>82320331
I don't really mind ice guards clothing, ice weaponry I do believe could've been done a lot better but eh, they seem to be more martially oriented ice witches so that makes some sense, bear cavalry was gonna be demanded either way so it was a no brainer that CA decided to put it in and I don't see anything wrong with ice queens look, but I do agree on one thing, its way too tacky, like the random ice spikes on the lancers and whatever the fuck they did with the strelski
>>
File: dont_worry_son.jpg (147 KB, 960x540)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>82320493
Which armies don't have monstrous cav at this point? Heroes, units, etc.
BoC: have monsters, no riders
Bretonnia: Hippogryph
Chaos: Bloodcrushers, Frog Riders
Chorfs: Bull Centaurs
Dark Elves: ???
Dwarfs: ???
Empire: Demigryph Knights
High Elves: Eagle Riders?
Lizards: Carnosaurs?
Ogres: Mournfangs
O&G: Mangler Squig and the NGBB mount.
Skaven: Bonebreakers
Tomb Kings: Those snake surfer dudes (Dune Stalkers?)
Vampire Counts: I'm not counting Dragon-sized models.
Wood Elves: Warhawk Riders and Great Stags
>>
>>82320331
>In 6th
Kislev had 5 units, all generic !historical infantry. Dont try and pretend it was a comprehensive look at the faction.
>>
>>82320772
>infantry
My bad, they had generic horse archers and !winged hussars.
>>
>>82320331
What a fatass lmao.
>>
>>82320331
>The Ice Guard is fucking stupid conceptually and visually. Mongoloid looking finery and "ice weapons for everybody!!!"
I actually do think the idea has merit. In my own WFRP game one small plot point for flavor was that post-Storm Katarin was putting ice witches with military experience into command and supervisory roles. I figured that made sense for her to do considering her unapologetically autocratic views, and considering the ice witch sorority is utterly loyal to her. A small bodyguard unit of ice witches using magically conjured weapons might be cool and underline the role they play in Kislev's society, but the actual designs kinda suck dick.
>>
>>82320331
>Mongoloid looking finery
Because as we know, russia had no contact with the mongols whatsoever.
>>
>>82320677
>>82320493
Monstrous cavalry creep was a mistake. Most of it looks stupid as fuck. They should've been limited strictly to heroes, generals, and very small units of elite troopers.
>>
>>82320772
We can infer more units from RotIQ, which was a GW product, after all. Kislev has two distinct magical traditions and they're only using one of them, while completely ignoring Ungol culture or magic. There's no attempt to do anything with Dazh or Tor's cult. Nothing like priest-led units of holy war bears (which would be more on-point than bear cavalry). They've sóyed the streltsi and don't seem like they're gonna do anything with Kislev's approach to artillery being 'smaller guns that are easier to deploy/redeploy.'
>>
>>82320889
>which was a GW product
it wasn't, the 2nd Edition of the rpg is not canon
>>
>>82320772
>so we'll just add !streltsy, !handmaidens of the everqueen, and !snowy demigryph knights. There, fixed! Wow, such an inspiring unique faction!
>>82320843
having Ice Witches as commanders is much more palatable than whole regiments of them. having contingents of them marching across the snows in such numbers suggests more than a small bodyguard. Permanent ice weapons...eh, it's not the worst. But Fearfrost was made by the first Khan-Queen. Otherwise, ice weapons seemed more like a temporary spell effect on mundane weapons.
>>82320855
you're just retarded, but here's your (you).
>>
>>82320954
Sorry, that's objectively incorrect. 2e was written by an arm of GW and heavily scrutinized before publication, to the point GW had some content removed to be published (for free) as apocrypha.
>>
>>82320960
Yeah, no one else is making permanent ice weapons, but ice witches can summon them to hand pretty easily. I guess the trick would be depicting it as a spell effect and not a generic WoW weapon.

While the ice witches are a protected and even exalted class in Kislev, there definitely shouldn't enough to make mass units of them outside of some apocalyptic final battle for Kislev where they're literally ALL there.
>>
>>82321058
>not a generic WoW weapon
I will concede to you, anon. I think that was the worst offending bit.
>>
>>82321058
>no one else is making permanent ice weapons
don't Hoarfrost weapons exist?
>>
>>82321193
It's probably an exaggeration to say "no one," but they shouldn't come off as mass produced.
>>
Rumor from the Internet:

Three Compendium Books for Warhammer The Old World:

"Good Factions Book"
- Empire
- Bretonnia
- Dwarfs
- High Elves

"Bad Factions Book"
-Warriors of Chaos
- Beasts of Chaos
- Dark Elves
- Skaven
- Orcs and Goblins
- Vampire Counts

"Neutral Factions Book"
- Wood Elves
- Khemri
- Ogre KIngdoms
- Lizardmen

Those Compendium Books will have Rules for all Units from the 8th Edition Army Books but before The Endtimes. Those books will be set in the Timeline of WHFB. All Characteres inclusive but no Nagash or Glottkin.

The new Rulebook, Armybooks and Expansions will be set in the new TImeline of Warhammer the Old World.
>>
>>82321995
Completely untrue and a 6 on the kinsey scale
>>
I want a randomly generated high elf wine merchant gf
Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>82322134
Step one: be a high elf.
>>
>>82321995
>lizardmen
>neutral
>>
What is the Elven afterlife like?
>>
File: 1627133988376.jpg (276 KB, 770x533)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
>>82319173
oh to be a dawi deep in the Underway torching skaven and gobbos alike in the name of the Karaz Ankor
>>
>>82322397
Rape and pain, if your really special rape and pain from a bitter elf God instead of Slannesh. Maybe hang out in a rock or tree if your lucky.
>>
>>82322397
Not Slaanesh, no Slaanesh anywhere.
It's relatively dull and shitty, but not hell. It's like your typical pagan underworld, it's dark, boring, not nice but not horrible.
>>
>>82320331
Lol she looked fucking stubid with that not-gelt face on her dress.
Many thanks to william King and McNeill for deleting this horrible design completely in canon novels.
>>
>>82321995
>Rumor from the Internet
Which part?
>>
>>82322397
The same as everyone elses, shit.
>>
File: 514EsnUYR4L.jpg (33 KB, 313x500)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Are the books in this worth reading? I like Empire protags
>>
>>82320889
RPG Kislev is onions incarnate, they purposefully changed the badass ice shamans into a sisterhood of ice witches who castrate all men who try to become magicians. RPGs are for trannies anyway, only trannies have a need to pretend to be someone they aren't.
>>
>>82321193
It's not made of ice.
>>
>>82320320
>has a tomb kings army

you have no idea how jealous i am, i used to drool over them 10 years ago when i was a poor kid. now i have money they dont exist anymore. i collect Bonereapers for AoS but it's not the same
>>
>>82320677
dark elves have those dino cavalry
>>
>>82323658
I don't think they were monstrous cavalry though.
>>
>>82323611
No skip it. The plot is shit and ET
>>
>>82322217
>dat stubble
>>
>>82324027
damn its that bad? I liked Wraight's stuff on 40k
>>
>>82324128
I know man, he writes stellar HH and good 40k but his fantasy novels are crap unfortunately.
>>
>>82324196
im sorry to hear that. i was gonna read Iron Company too. what books are worth reading? im reading Red Duke by CL Werner rn and ive got Brunner the Bounty Hunter coming in the mail
>>
File: konrad.jpg (19 KB, 312x500)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Since we're talking about books. Is this any decent?
>>
>>82319173
Does Kislev just keep the blizzards pouring on invading chaos armies all the time to fuck them up/slow them down? Imagine how many fields of frozen dead horrors there are just waiting under the ice in Kislev.
>>
Skaven and Beastmen are called the True Children of Chaos. But what does this actually mean?
>>
>>82322397
Before 7e, unknown. But there are elf wights. After 7e, it's just 40gay with a couple more shitty options besides being assfat on Khaine's cheeks.
>>
>>82322397
After the Elven Gods were defeated and turned into demigods by the Chaos Gods, Slaanesh took authority over all elf souls. On death, all elf souls go to Slaanesh. He consumes them and they linger inside his stomach slowly being digested.

There are two other options. Either Loec wins their soul back by defeating Slaanesh in a game of wits or the minions of Ereth Khial stay away elf souls from Slaanesh's table when he isn't looking. The souls taken by Ereth are then thrown into his dismal pot to wait the time until she uses them as foot soldiers in her war against Asuryan at the end of time
>>
>>82325131
theyre chaotically inclined from birth, rather than being inducted into it as, say, humans and dwarfs are
>>
>>82320855
The only contact was a very long hot/cold war and then Russia stomping on the remnants of mongs and beating them into becoming Europeans with fancy last names. They still hate the gooks' guts. It's like putting a unit of carthaginians in a Republican Rome army "because they had contact".
>>
>>82325106
Chaos comes from even farther north though.
>>
>>82320320

>Cathay
thanks to these guys you'll have cheap recasts

desu we need all the minor human factions, we need Tilea, Estalia, Border Princes, Araby. Bring back Dogs of War.
>>
>>82325910
>Araby
"No".
—Grace, CA
>>
Paint questions guy from two days ago here again.
I found some potentially usable paint from ages ago, from those model + paint kits they used to do. Unlike the current ones, which give 3 models and 5 regular paints, these old ones gave (I think) 5 models and 6 very tiny white plastic pots of paint.

I'd like to try to identify what paints these are, the sake of making it easier to use them beyond just eyeballing it. The paint is unlabelled except for numbers on it like "GW030". I also have one full sized paint, clearly labelled "Regal Blue" which is numbered as 61-32.

I'm pretty confident the numbers on the top can be used to identify these tiny pots. The numbering scheme is consistent, i.e same colour = same number. I am confident on what three of them are:
GW030 = Ultramarine Blue (now Altdorf Guard Blue)
GW048 = Chaos Black (now Abaddon Black)
GW051 = Skull White (now White Scar)
The rest, however, are ambiguous. Has the meaning of these numbers ever been published anywhere?
>>
>>82326396
Maybe try sending GW an email and ask for help? If anyone could identify their product, it's themselves.
>>
>>82326396
Image of one of these sets
>>
Cross edition wars again?
I just made this guy, perhaps he is a Tulpa for the thread?
>>
>>82326814
And here’s an equally silly greenstuff abomination. Exalted Nurgle lord, slugnar
>>
I have Tzaan and Slaan gors.
Need Pesti and Khorn gors.
I have to bother Mikael or Chang don't I?
>>
>>82327055
Either wait until they resculpt them, or convert your own.
>>
>>82320889
>streltsi

I agree. Their combination gun/axes are lame and the bardiche as gun rest thing that's historical is much cooler.

I reckon they did that so they could copyright it and also for ease of animation
>>
File: beastman_pestilence.jpg (558 KB, 1448x814)
558 KB
558 KB JPG
>>82327055
There is stls for (not) pestigors
>>
>>82320331
>what do they call it in Prussia then?
Fichten. Or considering that the Poles brought them, Świerk.
>>
Which range do you guys reckon was the best before the great Sigcucking? my vote would go either to the re-done Tomb Kings or maybe Dark Elves
>>
>>82327191
Dark Elves over Tomb Kings. The latter still languished with some old goofy sculpts to its dying day.

But I'd rather mix and match my favorites across editions anyway.
>>
Do knights from Mousillon take part in jousts and fights alongside other Bretonnians or do they try to kill eachother on sight?
>>
>>82327158
They actually modeled the dick. Impressive.
>>
>>82327425
zoom in, no cock involved. thats just part of the cloth
>>
>>82327417
Considering the other dukes have a network of forts on the border stopping anyone going in or out, probably the latter
>>
>>82327249
True. I desperately wish the nixed Dark Elves models were still available, they're still selling like half of them and if they all were I could still make a Delves army
>>
>>82327417
do you think Mousillonians and Sylvanians would be friends
>>
>>82327171
Thanks linganon.
>>82327417
>kill on sight with impromptu joust-offs
>>
>>82326396
Your best bet here is to go ask /wip/, this general has like 4 people that actually paint max.
>>
>>82327099
It fits the setting more. I already posted once that it's another case of humans copying dwarf designs, in this case the fireglaive (I think that's how it's called).
>>
>>82327055
Which continent are you on? There's a store in Belgium that, last I checked still has 2 boxes of 3 pestigors + 1 command box. You could probably get them to send them to you if you write a nice email.
>>
>>82327417
The ones who weren't fuckups and live in lyonesse maybe, but actual knights of mousillon? No.
>>
>>82327538
Bret nobles think everyone from the Empire is at best a hair above peasants, and bret peasants are too superstitious and tribalistic. Sylvanians will probably go "They eat WHAT? Snails and frogs?!! Wolfgang, get the blunderbuss...", like any other Imperial.
>>
>>82327417
I swear there was a lore snippet about a group of knights obviously bearing Mallobaude's symbol aiding some other Brets, but I can't find a sauce.
>>
Where do I go to stop being a lorelet when it comes to Mousillon? How and why do they still have knights if it seems like the rest of Bretonnia spurns them?
>>
File: coldone.jpg (460 KB, 3000x3000)
460 KB
460 KB JPG
yknow what i think im gonna start a Delves army when im done with my 40k guys, its a blessing theyre mostly still around
>>
>>82327621
does Mousillon even still have nobles, isnt it basically a mutant-infested waste
>>
>>82327644
Barony of the Damned, one of the 2E WFRP books
>>
>>82327684
hm, the only ones i REALLY want that arent around anymore are the sorceress and dreadlord on cold ones, altho they still have the dragon version for some reason. i wouldnt mind the scorpion artillery thing either
>>
File: Ape.jpg (44 KB, 736x295)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>Oranguslaans
>Tzeenpanzees
>Khrorillas
Help I can't come up with a clever name for a Nurgle Apeman
>>
>>82327868
>Boilobo
>Lemurgs
>>
>>82327868
turgles
>>
>>82327690
It has. Read the fluff, it has some weird shit innawoods and the baguettes managed to mismanage the river and turn the banks into swamp, but the people are the same fucking insufferable brets.
>>
>>82327786
What? I think the plastic sorceress is still in print, the moulds are too fresh to retire and they used the model in their skirmish. I think there's also an alt sculpt in their warcry box. Cold one dreadlord was an old sculpt, everyone is making that from the dragon rider one and a dino from the knights anyway, that's the main reason they retired the blister. Can't say much about bolt throwers, never thought of them as a significant or really strong elf unit.
>>
Just got the 10mm minis I ordered and fuck me they are tiny. I still need to get paint, primer, and brushes. I live in London. Does any one know a cheap and good primer I can use? Prople were recommending armory, badger, and vallejo, but the latter two don't come in spray and I can't find the first one. Then there's Army Painter but people say it doesn't look good.
>>
>>82328041
nah, i mean the sorceress mounted on cold one. the only foot heroes still left are the basic sorceress and the fleetmaster. i think there's still enough to make a full army from so i reckon ill probably pull the trigger before they release Darkoathed Druchineth and squat delves forever
>>
>>82327624
>1543 (2521) -- A group of knights arrives unbidden at a battle against Norscan raiders near L'Anguille. Their standard bears the heraldry of a gold snake on a black field. The group leaves midway through the battle without explanation, and many brave knights die at the hands of Norscan berserkers as a result.

Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2nd ED -- Barony of the Damned, pg. 10
>>
>>82327621
Sigmarsheim is a little outpost of the Empire in the Forest of Arden. Fifty years ago, a Bretonnian Knight Errant made many friends in the Empire and brought them back with him when he returned to set up his fief. He claimed a site within the forest and settled his friends as peasants but with customs of freedom copied from the charters of various Imperial cities.
The village is built around a temple of Sigmar, and the lord’s keep stands watch at the edge of the island. The young people of the village have a tradition of going to the Empire for a year or so when they reach adulthood and of bringing back a spouse. As a result, the language of the village is Reikspiel, and the whole place feels like it could have been picked up from the Great Forest and put down in Bretonnia. Indeed, gullible visitors are told exactly that.

Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2nd ED -- Knights of the Grail, pg. 76 - 77
>>
>>82328090
Go to your local hardware store and pick up a can of generic 1x coat grey acrylic primer. Works perfectly fine. "Hobby" primers are a scam. I use picrel.
>>
For empire state troops, do I have to take the greatsword on champion or can his weapons match the rest of the unit?
>>
>>82327868
Bubono (Bubonic/Bonobo portmanteau)
>>
>>82328090

Go to Halfords for cheap and good.
If you are serious about taking up 10mm I'd look at an airbrush, it's very easy to cake over the details with a heavy spray.
>>
>>82327868
mangke
>>
>>82327158
Wow, I just printed these two a couple of days ago on my first printer. Theres also a really nice slaangor too from the same guy.
>>
File: IMG_20211126_122750.jpg (2.1 MB, 3648x2736)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB JPG
>>82328977
Forgot pic
>>
>Forces of Nurgle are completely disgusting to look at on top of being physically and revolting to the other senses
>specialize in infecting everything in a mile wide radius
>90% chance your body turns against you just by making contact
>How are mortal races, especially humans, supposed to fight this? In 40k you can at least make the argument that you have guns and tanks. You expect me to believe being with swords, daggers and crossbows are going to stop walking rotten deformed flesh?
>>
>>82327868
bohobos
>>
>>82329229
You aren't, that's why Chaos won.
>>
What should I get for a Dark Elves army? I'm gonna get an Anvilgard box cos i love the Corsairs and some Cold One cavalry cos theyre awesome, with a Dreadlord on dragon for the centerpiece. what of the other models should i grab?
>>
>>82329229
Shallya. Ordained women of the Shallyan cult are pacifists devoted to healing and curing disease. Until they see something Nurgle related and then they go all 'kill it with fire'
>>
Is Khaine Khorne?
>>
>>82325193
trannylore
>>
>>82327524
Nobles can come and go from Mousillon, commoners may not wrt. KotG.
>>82327417
There's nothing legally preventing Mousillonian knights from leaving their home to quest across Bretonnia, but it's such a poor region with so much work to do at home that few do. This is out of a crop of men who already include sadly few who are honorable and sane. As Mallobaude builds his power bloc he's no doubt purging out lords and knights he suspects or knows would still be loyal to the Bretonnian crown.
>>
>>82329341
No. Only thing in common is the domain of violence, and that is veeeeeeeery general.
>>
>>82327644
Knights of the Grail and Barony of the Damned
>How and why do they still have knights if it seems like the rest of Bretonnia spurns them?
How? Because not all of Mousillon was attainted, just Maldred and his immediate retainers (who died of the Red Pox or something even worse - it's not entirely clear). Mousillon by royal decree has no duke, and some of its lands were forcibly divested from it and given to Lyonesse, but the lords there are still legal lords with all the normal privileges of their class. The Cordon is meant to keep peasants from fleeing and spreading plague.
Why? Itz dey kultcha.
>>
>>82329229
If you hit a rock hard enough, even it will crack. A body of any kind fares much worse.
>t. Mining Guild
>>
>>82329404
Is the plague still there? Does that make Bretonnia a WHF Australia with neverending chinkflu lockdowns?
>>
>>82329229
Shallya, or being super resistant to disease, or keeping their distance, or having advanced healing arts AND divine assistance.

You'd be better off arguing why chaosfags aren't Nurgle and Nurgle only because they have recourse to none of these answers.
>>
File: gengar hurts a little.png (307 KB, 437x359)
307 KB
307 KB PNG
>>82329341
>secret murder vs. open murder
>ornate temples vs. a pile of skulls
>slow, ritualized killing vs. killing as fast as possible
>grants magic vs. chimps out if you use magic
>helped fucking fight chaos vs. IS chaos
>>
>>82329414
Mousillon is apparently very prone to plague (probably the swamps + dhar levels) and this includes some of the Red Death in smaller knots. As far as being Australia, not even Mousillon is THAT bad.
>>
File: chaos fags.png (49 KB, 613x590)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
How did they get away with this kind of thing?
>>
>>82329444
>2 pistols
>>
>>82328985
Shit photo but seems like nice sculpts.
>>
>>82329298
Hydras and the bare naked ladies seem like a solid choice.
There's also those magic horse fuckers.
>>
>>82329229
>You expect me to believe being with swords, daggers and crossbows are going to stop walking rotten deformed flesh?
Yes.
While their bodies are severly rotten they're still human. Hack off enough of them or pierce the vitals and they're going to die.
>>
File: 1597746072756.jpg (595 KB, 1280x720)
595 KB
595 KB JPG
>>82329444
>How did they get away with this kind of thing?
Back in the early nineties you still could call someone openly flaunting his homosexualism what he was: insufferable faggot
We now live in Slanesshi nightmare, when you can be dragged to court for looking weirdly at an obese, hairy man in dress hanging around in kid section of the library
>>
I'm looking for post-Storm political powder kegs in human kingdoms. Can anyone name some? Ones I'm thinking about:
>Some people allegedly were impressed with Mannfred's 'saving' them and then leaving, and there are converts to the vampire cause among the desperate in hard-hit places.
>Middenland and Talabecland have designs on Ostland, wanting to steal territory while it's reeling and disorganized.
>There's still fallout over Valten - whether or not he was Sigmar Reborn, and what his death means in the context of these answers.
>Valten's assassination was heavily implied to have not involved the Skaven at all, and to have gone as high as the Emperor himself.
>Volkmar's miraculous return still has some people seething, either because it means their faction is out of favor or out of genuine fear that he's somehow concealing chaos taint. Johan Esmer has successfully fled to Marienburg after denouncing Volkmar as tainted.
>Nordland has secretly built a warfleet they want to maneuver into Marienburg to take them back into the Imperial fold by force.
>Mallobaude is about to kick off his rebellion.
>Mannfred is ideally placed to invade the Empire, having survived the Storm and completely annihilated the Chaos horde sent against them with zero survivors.
>Archaon losing while trying to blow out the flame at Middenheim has obvious major religious implications for Ulricans. Will the temple demand increased leeway? What will an energized Ulrican faith mean in the face of a Sigmarite faith facing internal problems.
>The Skaven openly sacked Miragliano. How will Tilea respond, and can it prevail upon its neighbors for help?
>>
>>82329229
>>specialize in infecting everything in a mile wide radius
>>90% chance your body turns against you just by making contact
citation needed
>>
>>82329541
And I guess I'd be remiss if I didn't mention...
>Arcuck is still alive and in hiding at Brass Fort.
>>
>>82329541
Averland still doesn't have an Elector-Count. Ostland's is missing, too.
>>
>>82329444
>>82329534
>>82329534
>oblivious nawfg
lmao
>>
>>82329541
>Some people allegedly were impressed with Mannfred's 'saving' them and then leaving, and there are converts to the vampire cause among the desperate in hard-hit places.
You're a fucking retard
>>
>>82329566
>he doesn't know
>>
>>82329572
The Thousand Thrones.
>>
>>82329541
>>Mannfred is ideally placed to invade the Empire, having survived the Storm and completely annihilated the Chaos horde sent against them with zero survivors.
Except he backed off from Volkmar and Karl Franz also because he knew that additional Chaos armies are invading Sylvania that very moment
>>
>>82329541
>Some people allegedly were impressed with Mannfred's 'saving' them and then leaving
Are you fucking high? Carsteins didn't "save" anyone and what the fuck do you mean by "leaving"? Are you retarded enough to think that Mannfred's undead horde didn't just roll over anything in it's path?
>>
>>82329541
>Middenland and Talabecland have designs on Ostland, wanting to steal territory while it's reeling and disorganized.
Are you making this up or what? It doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>82329629
>>82329582
>>
>>82329645
Think it's mentioned in Sigmar's Heirs, but it definitely came up somewhere. I might be a while hunting that down.
>>82329599
And? They all died with 100% casualties. Chaos did terribly in Sylvania, and unless they killed Mannfred or one of his core necromancers (they didn't), literally all they've done is make him stronger by providing fresh fodder.
>>
>>82329695
What?
>>
>>82329708
>Think it's mentioned in Sigmar's Heirs, but it definitely came up somewhere. I might be a while hunting that down.
No matter the source it's beyond dumb though.
>>
>>82329733
Why?
>>
>>82329534
>K-pop
How’s it tied into all that? I thought it was just another genre.
>>
>>82329541
Politics within Couronne are mostly concerned with petty feuding about horses. The main exception concerns the March of Couronne. Earl Adalbert, lord of the March, is a vassal of the Duke. He would much rather be a direct vassal of the King. As the two men are currently the same person, he feels that now is an excellent time to press his case. The King, however, is wary of giving such a powerful lord the independence of a Duke.

The Earl’s political manoeuvrings are proceeding on two fronts. First, he tries to portray all the other non-ducal Barons of the realm in the best possible light. If they can be seen to be righting wrongs committed by a Duke, so much the better. Second, he aims to perform acts so glorious that the King will have little choice but to accept his fealty as the King. In the service of both goals, he has great need of adventurers who are willing to do a lot of work for none of the glory.

The Earl is also pressing for glorious military adventures against the Wasteland. If he could capture Marienburg, he is sure that he would be made a Baron. The Storm of Chaos has drawn a lot of Marienburg’s guards to the north and east, so he has recently stepped up cross-border raiding. The Wastelanders have complained, but so far, their emissaries have been largely ignored.

Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2nd ED -- Knights of the Grail, pg.68
>>
>>82329745
>Ostland
>frontier province, literally the first line of defence against Chaos invasions
>land of non stop warfare: undead, beastmen, orcs (and chaos)
>protects the rest of the Empire from most of northern threats and does it for free
No one would be retarded enough to "have designs" on it because no one would fucking benefit. I don't know if it's your headcanon or what source you're refering to but yes, it's literally dumb.
>>
>>82329404
your diction: delectable. your explanation: informative. my thanks, anon.
>>
>>82329645
>Salkalten
One of two towns founded in a failed attempt to draw trade away from Marienburg (see also Neues Emskrank, Nordland). Before the war, it was a sleepy fishing, trading, and smuggling town that sat nearly forgotten off the Middenheim-Erengrad road.

Now, however, it is abuzz with activity. After the defeat of Archaon at Middenheim, Count von Raukov has taken his army north and established his temporary capital at Salkalten, one of the few towns not sacked by the invaders. From here he has sent officers to re-establish contact with and control over the other towns of the North March, Birkewiese and Bohsenfels. Meanwhile, as he hires mercenaries and gathers what Ostlander forces are left, he has made Salkalten into a hub of diplomatic activity, too. Von Raukov has despatched Salkalten’s ruler, Baron von Wolder, to Marienburg to negotiate loans for hiring more troops, while he has sent emissaries to the Emperor’s court to ask for the loan of some Reiksguard for the coming campaign.

Salkalten is rife with another activity, too: espionage. Agents of the Chaos Powers that have established themselves in Ostland have infiltrated Salkalten and other towns to learn the Count’s plans and, if possible, sabotage them. Meanwhile, agents of the Counts of Nordland and Talabecland make inquiries among von Raukov’s men to see if their loyalty can be bought, for each has designs on prostrate Ostland.

Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2nd ED -- Sigmar's Heirs pg.76
>>
File: dark elves 5th ed.jpg (462 KB, 813x1120)
462 KB
462 KB JPG
>>82329341
>>
>>82329875
based and redperiodpilled
>>
>>82329801
>vassal of the Duke, who is also currently King
>wants to be a direct vassal to the King
>direct vassal to the Duke, who is also King
but by that definition he already is technically. do bretonnian titles go Lord -> (Marcher Lord) -> Baron -> Duke -> King?
>>
>>82329835
Anon, it's from the rpg supplement. It's retarded by definition.
>>
>>82329905
The only Bret titles that we understand for certain are Duke -> King. Anything under that has never been explored in much detail. Anywho this situation is typical of "classical" feudalism where a noble wants his title to become vassal to the King directly so he doesn't have to deal with some mesne lord. Feudalism works via the titles not the persons, so say when Louen dies and someone from Brionne or w/e becomes king, the earl is fucked.
>>
>>82328090
i use hycote primer
>>
>>82329835
In Sigmar's Heirs, its a prelude to the dissolution of Ostland in the wake of the Storm of Chaos, similar to how Drakwald was dissolved because it got fucked by Beastmen. By your own argument, why would anyone want Drakwald, either?
>>
>>82329715
Are you retarded?
>>
>>82329906
>Anon, it's warhammer. It's retarded by definition.
Fixed for you
>>
>>82330065
>"Yeah let's fuck up the province that protects us, what can gow wrong lol"
Because Drakwald was totally overrun with beastmen which is not the case with Ostland? And Drakwald was not the Empire's border did you realize that?
>>
>>82330088
>tHe thOuSaNd ThRONeS
Are you? Either explain what you mean or just fuck off.
>>
>>82330099
No, only RPG is retarded.
>>
>>82329767
>nooo you have to feed into my schizoid delusions don't question it kpop is evil nooo
>>
>>82328176
I guess I should go to Halfords like >>82328577 said or that paint shop near my flat. Problem with Halfords is that it's too bloody far from my house. Nearest one is half an hour away and across the river. The only reason why I bought the 10mm is because they seemed cheap and didn't know how big 10mm really was. Quality looks good but for the size it's just less cost effective than just getting £5 per 28mm mini. I'll still paint them though. I thought about getting an airbursh but they're too expensive for a hobby I'm just trying. And I live in a flat with people downstairs. They'll just complain that I'm being too loud again when I use the compressor.
>>82329999
Thanks
>>
>>82330197
>the setting with skeleton Mikael Jacsen is not retarded
How new are you?
>>
>>82330174
>Because Drakwald was totally overrun with beastmen which is not the case with Ostland?
Instead, its Chaos corrupted and full with monsters and chaos warbands that the Elector of Ostland obviously can't handle, so superior provinces should do so
>>
>>82330337
>"it wasn't retconned officially lol"
Yeah, keep coping faggot
>>
>>82330344
>"superior provinces"
>ignoring the fact it's thanks to Ostland they don't get raided 24/7 by chaosfags
man you're a retard
>>
>>82330344
I assume you're a TWW player because your reasoning follows a cpu game mechanics. No one in theie right mond would want to weaken/annex Ostland (what gains? surely not economical) because it's the buffer state that does all the heavy lifting all things "came from the north" concerned. If you'd actually use your brain you'd realize that the cost, entire infrascturcture, manpower and organization would fall unto Middenland's and Talabecland's shoulders. Not to mention that now they would ocupy the double hostile territory - both being invaded by whatever Ostland had to deal with daily and now populated by hostile population. Another fact is that Ostland's military, it's nobles etc are familiar with both the land and the modes of fighting regquired and fighting on "their own soil" they are more highly motivated than any other foreign troops. Last thing is other States having definitely something to say about that and sure as fuck Reikland and KF himself would oppose such course of action.
>>
>>82329835
I know this may be a strange idea to you, but the Empire is not (and has never been) very united. You know, like its historical inspiration. The nobs falling to dividing up the victimized as spoils is historically and tonally inline with the Empire.
>>
>>82330619
this
>>82330527
You may wank to your "le evyl and dumb nobles" plot engine and think it's legit but that only proves you're a faggot.
>>
>>82330527
it has coastal land which many neighboring provinces don't

access to the sea is valuable no matter who you are

also you speak as if "wanting more land" is not something real people have done actually dumber shit for
>>
>>82329905
>>82329949
KotG elaborates some on how noble titles work in Bretonnia, probably trying to bring conflicting info into something resembling usable cohesion without GW saying 'drop this from the text.'

To wit:
King: Obvious. All nobles in Bretonnia owe him fealty. Some have him as their direct liege rather than by chain of command.

Duke: Directly subordinate to the King. Dukes rule over Bretonnia's duchies. In modern Bretonnia, a duke must be a Grail Knight. The only explicit exception I can think of is Repanse d'Lyonesse, who was not only a woman, and a warrior, but not a Grail Knight (obviously). Of course, she had a direct nod from the Lady - don't expect that to happen elsewhere.

Baron: The aforementioned lords who hold their fiefs directly from the King. They do not answer to the Dukes of the duchies in which they are located, only the King. They are few in number.

Lords: Nobles that hold land. They're as low on the food chain as nobles get while still having a fief. They're subject to Ducal law even if their liege is a Baron (the Duke of the duchy in which they are located).

Knights & Ladies: Unlanded noble men and women respectively. Landless knights are dependent on the lords they serve to see to their needs until such a time that they acquire holdings of their own. Noblewomen are similarly dependent but are the responsibility of their father, brothers, or husband and acquire greater acclaim through marriage.

(cont.)
>>
>>82330763
Other titles are given as examples of largely honorary titles:
Earl: Rich & powerful nobles specifically recognized by the King. No additional powers or responsibilities.

Marquis: Noble responsible for a part of Bretonnia subject to frequent attack, such as a border. They are allowed to build fortifications and assemble armies without direct permission from a liege.

Castellan: A noble responsible specifically for managing a major castle. He is in absolute control of that castle unless leal lord is present.

Justicar: A noble expected to be exceptionally educated in matters of law. Justicars are appointed to enforce the laws of their leal lord. The King appoints his own to enforce royal law as needed.

Paladin: Purely a title of honor, indicating one who has renowned prowess as both a leader and a knight in his own right.
>>
>>82330185
The thread you take such issue with is sourced from The Thousand Thrones. It is an allegation in that text, not a matter of hard established fact.
>>
>>82330065
>>82330174
Acquiring useful land and keeping your borders from being turned into a lawless region are perfectly logical reasons to try and cheese-rat turf from a neighbor. Especially since - again, you don't seem to understand this - the Empire's constituent parts are not well-united and frequently quarrel or outright war.
>>
>>82329767
Some obnoxious idiots think K-pop is a superior form of music and are very loud about it
That led to another group of obnoxious idiots denouncing it as an artificial tool of globohomo propaganda
i.e. two groups of idiots flinging shit with you between
>>
>>82330396
It is, though. If you wish to demonstrate that Mikael Jacsen is not canon, you need only produce a single line written by GW or someone audited by GW stating that he's a myth.
>>
>>82330716
Congratulations. You got the access to the sea. You also got a land that is a rout of all the chaos invasions, is teeming with beastmen, orcs, has Zacharias etc.
P.S Many of those chaos warbands come by the sea and land on the coastal lines you've acquired.

>>82330805
>Acquiring useful land and keeping your borders from being turned into a lawless region are perfectly logical reasons to try and cheese-rat turf from a neighbor.
Except it isn't in that case because Ostland's function was always being a shield province. And it's not a lawless region, your application of that word is incoorect here. Ostland is not a bandit country but a warfront and they can't handle everything that attacks them for obvious reasons. You seem not to realize how buffer martial-states work if you think that it's logical for anyone to dismantle them (for no gain).
>Especially since - again, you don't seem to understand this - the Empire's constituent parts are not well-united and frequently quarrel or outright war.
It's 2520 something not pre 2300. KF keeps the things in check dude.
>>
>>82330816
I don't know if you're autistic but it doesn't work that way bro. Also GW practically never retconned anything if you're stooping so low to use it as an actual argument.
>>
>>82330965
>GW practically never retconned
Didn't we get the return "squatted" from one of that most favors retcons?
>>
Is making Reikland pure white with minimal colour accents a good idea?
>>
>>82330998
I think it would be okay if you muddy up the legs. Mostly white seems like a pain on the march.
>>
>>82330965
Concession accepted. Glad you were a good sport about this.
>>
>>82330998
>Is making Reikland pure white
Do you like/know how to paint white?
Because you will suffer immense frustration with that color otherwise
>>
>>82331108
>spray very light grey follow up with white highlights
>spray white follow up with grey washes
It's 2021 anon, not 1999.
>>
File: Warrior_start.jpg (25 KB, 165x338)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>82331013
I'm not sure if mud/white contrast is all that good, though I was thinking about it earlier. I guess it depends how white they will end up. My original plan was to make them off white/bone but that somehow doesn't feel right. IDK.
>>82331108
Ok, how about this?
>>
>>82327582
They seem to either not know or not care. Regardless, the good news is after adding water, 8 of them seem to still be usable, and two more are borderline (mix of liquid paint and lumps).
>>
File: s5kp71wlqxe7.png (590 KB, 714x579)
590 KB
590 KB PNG
Seems like TWW is using a weird ass mix between Old models, Forgeworld, and AoS. They look good though
>>
>>82331344
>Ok, how about this?
It was just an honest question/warning, since proper white is still bitch to paint, even with washes or darker, and it is a color that stands out on uniforms like state troopers - what I mean, you unconsciously expect it to be somehow dirtied, or it will really stand out
But if you decide to give it a try, I am curious about results, please post it here
>>
>>82331520
*darker primer
>>
>>82329229
What happens when Nurgle forces and Clan Pestilens fight?
>>
>>82331559
>OH I'M GONNA COOF
>I'M COOFING
>OH I'M GONNA COOOOOOOOOOOOOF
>>
>>82329541
Don't forget the 2e plot in the Imperial Navy splat where Nordland, Ostland, and Carroburg are all involved in various strife all as part of a big plot to swoop in and conquer Marienburg....oh, you already have that bit. But don't forget the Carroburg and Ostland parts of it.

Also Helmut or whatever the Elector Count of Talabecland and Talabheim is missing and his wife's in charge. Could lead to strife.
>>
File: Uniforms_50.jpg (459 KB, 1280x1768)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
>>82330998
It's probably the best thing you can do, what with Talabheim having nearly the same colors to a different degree. Off white can help but don't go grey or you'll get into Wissenland colors.
>>
>>82331559
Why would two nurgle forces fight?
>>
>>82331588
So much crazy shit going on.
>>
>>82331644
because they argue which plague is deadlier
>>
>>82331559
They...fight?
>>
File: this hits me a bit.png (87 KB, 407x131)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
>>82331648
As much as we laugh about Archaon's failed invasion and getting stopped at Middenheim, this is probably the most damage that the Empire's suffered in one campaign since Gorbad Ironclaw, and he destroyed a province.

The fact that 2e gives us a nice gradient between the directly fucked up provinces, the provinces nearby filled with refugees and suffering indirectly, and then the provinces left unscathed and at worst taking advantage of the strife, is pretty interesting. And now we have 4e for getting a less fractured look at the Empire.
>>
What's the bounty the Empire pays on goblin and orc kills, anyway?
>>
>>82331616
How come Talabheim has a shitload of Sigmar related symbols etc while being a province of a heathen land of Taal?
>>
>>82331914
Bounty:
>they will not raze your farm and kill your family
>>
>>82331928
No, there's an official bounty for goblin ears and I think orc heads. I believe it's a penny a goblin, or two pennies a goblin. Some terribly small amount.
>>
>>82328235
Champion equipment can be whatever you want as long as its clear you're not taking an option available to the champion without paying for it (like the hochland rifle with handgunners)
>>
>>82331944
>I believe it's a penny a goblin, or two pennies a goblin
waaaaait for a second, something is not right...
>>
File: Uniforms_51.jpg (425 KB, 1280x1768)
425 KB
425 KB JPG
>>82331919
Taal's the strongest presence there, but Sigmar's slowly been growing in popularity since the Ulricans were all but ousted during the Age of Three Emperors.

And in a meta sense, while this artbook it turns out does have a bit of variety in breastplates and symbols on them, they don't seem to have any Taal specific ones. Probably because he's not much of a warrior god. It's mostly Sigmarite symbols, the Imperial cross, or something province-related like the Ostermark hourglass or Wissenland's lion.
>>
>>82332001
>Magnus becomes the emperor
>Talabheimers instantly become pious sigmarites, out-Sigmaring even Reikland in the amount of religious iconography
rats will be rats
>>
>>82332023
Get me a decent Ulrican or Taalite Emperor and then we'll talk about rats.
>>
>>82332045
>decent Ulrican or Taalite Emperor
>decent
anon...
>>
>>82331363
>They look good though
no
>>
>>82332089
Are you daring to suggest Sigmar was not the best Emperor?
>>
>>82332102
No, Sigmar was the first Sigmarite emperor anon. It's in the name you know?
>>
>>82332214
Ulric was Sigmar's god, you blasphemer.
>>
>>82332266
And yet Sigmar is the first imperial diety, not ul-reek
>>
>>82332303
Your words are as false as your god.
>>
>>82332527
Sneed, furfag. Your "deity" is fake and gay, and you smell.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>82319173
>Chaos always wins.
TWW3 will only be minor relief from the decades-old problem.
>>
>>82332527
Return to your midden
>>
File: Son of Ulric.jpg (316 KB, 1600x1651)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
>>82332527
Middenheim, annual "Feast of Ulric"
IC2522, colourized
>>
>>82332631
weak chin
weak bait
>>
>>82332712
not bait, chaos was flat out said to be the winner since 1986

tww3 letting us put boots to asses in the realm of chaos is great but we can never actually go back and save the old world from bad writing
>>
>>82332631
>>82332736
Sounds like quitter talk to me.
>>
>>82332736
>trying this hard
anon, fix your life by loosing fat
>>
>>82332736
No one cares. Chaos can "win" in the fluff but you can still kick their ass a thousand times on the table.
>>
>>82332773
>>82332777
>>82332894
Did you miss the whole End Times thing?
>>
>>82332936
Never heard of it.
>>
>>82332936
stop being a desperate attention whore you cuck
>>
File: 1517937839235.png (114 KB, 527x431)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>82332936
>People politely discussing the consequences of Storm of Chaos for the Empire
>Suddenly some gob starts talking about ET
Just how rude one person can be
>>
>>82333416
Don't pretend that Chaos or more specifically Chaoswank isn't a longstanding problem with the setting though. Even if most people ignore it for their versions of the setting it's still a thing in the default.
>>
File: white desert.png (142 KB, 1440x1080)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
Everyone always talk about Chaos winning. But no one ever talks about the population density of the Northern Wastes
>>
File: T map.png (163 KB, 500x500)
163 KB
163 KB PNG
Does the Old World have any other names?
>>
>>82333429
Who cares? Who actually cares? They make the big bad sound scary, big whoop.
>>
>>82333429
Almost every fantasy universe in existence has some kind of big, bad, supposedly undefeatable evil
>>
>>82333478
Elthin Arvan
>>
>>82332631
Personally I'm just trying to decide which faction will subject the ching-chongs to the most rape and torture, then I'm going to play them.
>>
>>82330763
>In modern Bretonnia, a duke must be a Grail Knight.
But there are several Dukes that are not Grail Knights.
>>
tl;dr on the Eonir?
>>
>>82334298
Are there? May be only the King. That part was by-memory, not by-rote, so I'll have to check the reference.
>>
>>82334324
Who?
>>
>>82334337
It's not an unfair assumption, especially with half the Dukes being Grail Knights, like Hagen and Bohemond. A few are unstated either way, but Alberic (of Bordelaux) specifically is stated to not be a Grail Knight because he never felt he could leave his ducal duties.
>>
>>82334324
RPG shit, not canon and not relevant
>>
>>82334619
You're right, let's have Wood Elves travel through the Webway - I mean World Roots instead to get around the world. And the High Elves should wear soul- waystones so they resist getting their souls devoured by Slaanesh.
>>
>>82327099
I'm more mad about their uniform to be honest, like if I remember correctly they were supposed to be Erenburgs big flex over everyone else by being pretty much better kossars, they look too tribalistic to be from a big port city
>>
>>82334668
t. rpgtranny
>>
>>82334951
>Army books are perfect! As long as you ignore the ones that are too new and the ones that are too old. Then what's left, ignoring the bad shit, is perfect!
>>
>>82335134
the secondary can't help itself but reveal its retardation. Post models or fuck off
>>
>>82335227
>I-if I tell him to post models I don't have to even try to defend my precious precious armybooks! It's a good thing I don't have to prove I've even read any of them...
>>
>>82335274
Army books are primary fluff source. Sneed.
>>
>>82335453
Yeah sure but they're shit sometimes and the RPG fills out bits they can't.
>>
File: 1637862927181.png (181 KB, 500x457)
181 KB
181 KB PNG
This worthless argument happens daily and has done so for years.
>>
>>82332631
Just like in real life
>>
>>82335481
The rpg's turn the empire into an actual landscape and not just a checklist of names and stats.
>>
>>82335134
Are you saying that cutting off the subjective crust around the good stuff is wrong?
>>
>>82335807
We can't even agree what the good stuff is!
>>
>>82335830
It's very easy, it is everything I like
>>
>>82335830
Clearly it's everything left after we remove the things someone calls bad.
>>
>>82334619
>>82334951
1st, 2nd, and 4th are all heavily audited by GW and 100% canon, sorry. Granted 4th is canon in line with 7e/8e-era changes to the fluff.
>>
>>82335481
Sometimes. RPGs are shit most of the time. I'll leave it to you to compare.
>>
>salty emperor talking shit leads to the country of not!Dutch being called the Wasteland forever

lmao
>>
Why do people say dark elves are the most boring faction? I like em
>>
>>82336118
Because they are mixed race and cant self insert into a pure race like elves
>>
>>82336086
Marienburg is all that mattered in the Westerland after the Skaven and Fimir fucked it up.
>>
>>82336118
I thought high elves were the boring faction. Every Dark Elf player I've met was an interesting person.
>>
>>82330763
>>82330779
What about Counts?
>>
File: 1603498978521.png (374 KB, 419x712)
374 KB
374 KB PNG
>>82333509
>>82333657
It's only bad when the writers force it to become true. Saying Chaos is invincible then having Archaon get his ass smashed and Chaos's hordes wiped out is fine. Saying Chaos is invincible and having them win somewhere like any other faction is also fine. Saying Chaos is invincible then having eat all the good gods for breakfast after sending out infinite numbers to blow up the world after resetting the timeline of reality 500 times to support their unkillable champion is autism. So long as it doesn't get to that level and just remains what people say rather than what's shown physically it isn't a major problem. Can get annoying but then again 99.99% of it is found in Chaos books so you know what you're getting into.
>>
Are Malus Darkblade books worth reading? Planning to start a delves army with the models that survived the Siggening if that matters
>>
>>82336235
He's Shadow the Hedgehog in elf form, unironically. Wouldn't recommend. His entire character and personality is "hehehe, look how edgy and badass i am >:3"
>>
>>82329541
>Mallobaude is about to kick off his rebellion.
if I remember things correctly, the errantry war sent up to help middenland wasn't a large chunk of the knights. Presumably because Louen was mentioned as getting ready to clean out the mousillon problem.

Sort of like how the high elves only sent a modest (albeit extremely effective) patrol because they were more directly concerned with the dark elf problem.
>>
>>82336235
They're great, the perfect dark elf books. They really capture the right tone, qnd are great even as someone's first warhammer books.
>>
>>82336266
>>82336308
lmao completely opposite reactions

I think ill give them a try. Since most delves kits are still available i can actually make an army for them unlike TKs. and i trust Abnett as a writer and enjoyed Chambers' 40k books about dark eldar so i might like these too
>>
>>82336118
Who says that?
>>
>>82336344
plus them releasing this omnibus after they did the 1st darkblade novel in readers' choice release makes me hopeful theyll do an omnibus of imperial army novels since iron company was the readers' choice before that i think
>>
>>82336386
I've just always heard people say they're boring, moreso than 40k deldar
>>
>>82336386
>>82336399
A lot of people don't like delves because they cater exclusively to edgelords and coomers. Less so than deldar but still, delves are pretty damn two-note and the two notes aren't good.
>>
File: 1468235097412.jpg (142 KB, 740x1110)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
Dark elves were always fine, they fit the setting really well and are well fleshed out. I just wish they had their own book for WHRP, would have been great to play a small ship of DE raiders and just make shit up for all the unexplained parts of the world.
>>
>>82336484
eh, their models are cool and unlike almost all other armies theyre still available. i will get them i think
>>
>>82336498
that would be great, ship-based rpgs are always fun
>>
>>82336399
40k dark Eldar strike me as too edgy, too far from anything relatable and with no room for even the modicum of kindness and sanity the dark elves allow.
>>
>>82336498
I don't think you really want to play an all-around evil campaign, or you really need good players that manage to play evil characters while not going entirely full cringe-edge.
Though getting some additional info from the rpg-side on dark elves as villains would be cool. So far you can only really cross-homebrew from the army-books and general lore. Yes, I know there is something in 2e, but even that is sparse.
>>
>>82336498
WFRP/WH in general would be better with less gratuitous edgedark.
>>
>>82336551
2e supported playing a Chaos campaign, I think a bunch of pirates and slavers would be fine.
>>
File: dark elves old 01.png (228 KB, 447x592)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>82336627
Sure, to be fair, I would like to GM a campaign that actually leads to player ascending and getting deeper into all this chaos madness. But I would hesitate until I find the right players. A dark elf campaign would just be pirating, pillaging and raping. Unless it plays in Naggaroth and has that political element to it. That could be fun.
>>
File: 1468235624055.jpg (327 KB, 1469x1000)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>82336703
I imagined the players starting relatively low on the totem pole in DE society. This would allow them to forge contacts, acquire wealth, make a name for themselves ect ect. Backstabbing should be both planned and expected but what can I say? You're right, most players can't think their way out of wet paper bags and it would take the right players to make it work.
>>
ALRIGHT
>best empire province to live in
>best empire city to live in (does not have to be in the same province as the first question)
>>
>>82337107
>the Moot
>the Moot
>>
>>82337127
he's gone, get over it
>>
>>82337107
The Moot. It's agrarian, comfy, peaceful enough, and full of good food and simple comforts.
Nuln, because it's a major city with a good college and lots of engineering and a proper sewage system, and it's just cosmopolitan enough with a decent enough countess that you won't get burnt at the stake just for saying Sigmar's not the coolest.
But if I could pick somewhere outside the Empire, Marienburg. Foreign quarters where you can get dwarf goods or elven cuisine, it's technically a merchant republic so you have some rights even if you aren't high class, and all the riches of trade come in there and are protected from danger by a strong fleet.
>>
>>82337129
What faction would Moot play?
>>
Would GW still have all the files to be able to release outdated army books digitally?
>>
>>82337561
That'll be $99.99 a piece with your Age of Sigmar receipt, please
>>
>>82337309
wood elves
>>
>>82337309
Orcs and Goblins. I remember in his last stream he said he wanted to raise greyhounds, and he'd have a list full of wolf riders and goblin chariots. Also fits the fact he had a sense of humor.
>>
>>82337624
wood elves have Orion's greyhounds.
>>
What empire provinces/regions might have halflings in their armies?
I just got 40 of the little buggers and need an army to put them in.
>>
File: hobbits_40_of_em!.jpg (112 KB, 389x566)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>82337782
6th
>>
>>82336498
You can easily play dark elves on a noble's hakseer-cruise with fairly minimal houseruling.
>>
>>82337896
Time to feel sad about Bretonnia being left out again - wait, why are Dark Elves allowed to field Dwarf Dogs of War units?
>>
Eight beastly mens to be my minotaurs.
Also, are Ungors on 20 mils or was I hallucinating that?
>>
>>82338526
>When you go to visit the Imperial Zoo and you realize none of the animals are in cages
>>
>>82338496
>unscrupulous raiders, warmongers, and general malfeasants
>paying people money to kill things for you
anon I...
>>
>>82339194
I get it's characterful to the faction, but they could have kept that without leaving Bretonnia out from Dogs of War at all. They're the only one completely excluded.

How is it okay that Skaven could hire some human mercenaries, but Bretonnians doing so is completely impossible? Just slap a unique penalty onto them so they can at least try to make it work.
>>
>>82332090
still look better than the old metal models
>>
>>82339527
No.
>>
Can I firm a decent dark elves army with mainly corsairs, cold one riders and a chariot or two, hydra and dreadlord on dragon?
>>
Does the Cult of Sigmar do any missionary work?
>>
>>82339670
Between the fact that they tend to have wandering fanatical preachers and sincerely believe that Sigmar worship uplifts humanity, I think they could. But who would they do missionary work to? Closest thing I can think of is some 2e fluff where only a few hundred years after the Empire was founded, a converted Norscan gave up the secrets of the longship to the fledgeling Empire navy. But did a priest go out to Norsca and preach, or did he sway a Norscan raider? Other human nations already have their own gods they're pious about and wouldn't be interested in preachers and a foreign god.
>>
File: IMG_20211127_201020.jpg (2.54 MB, 3456x4608)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB JPG
Some progress on the fat cunt, head is a placeholder
>>
File: fatty.jpg (87 KB, 671x562)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>82339974
and the reference image
>>
>>82339670
It comes up in WFRP. Outside of that it's only really mentioned in a few cringe-tier edgy short excerpts where a Sigmarite missionary gets killed or corrupted by Chaos because muahahaha his god is weak chaos is everything.
>>
>>82339974
>>82339981
Looks great so far anon.
>>
The question is pirate zombies or merwyrm hovel?
>>
>>82336498
she cute
>>
While you guys argue over your gay taste in design choices, can anybody tell me if there are more fleshed-out Empire NPCs in one of the WFRP 2e books? I'm running a Norscan/Chaos game for my bros and was wondering if I'm really going to have to homebrew/stat a bunch of Empire/Soldier NPCs like Halberdiers, Handgunners, and Greatswords. Since all that's really in the core rulebook and bestiary is
>Town Guard, Sell Sword, Bandit
>>
>>82331644
Like any other fatties they'd fight over the last piece of chicken.
>>
>>82340258
Pirate skeletons or spirits
>>
>>82319173
Do I want to rebase my Khorne bros from AoS on squares? Or should I just get one of those movement trays with round inserts?
>>
>>82340919
You should get better taste of you want that diet 40kshit in Fantasy.
>>
>>82340919
Round. Besides, the dumb looking square bases is one of the main things that killed fantasy.
>>
>>82340919
The torsos on the AoS blood warriors look like shit with the bra-plate thing going on.

If you want to bash their parts with chaos warriors to make khornate chaos warriors that makes sense but using them as is they look bad
>>
>>82340935
>>82340922
it's more just the Bloodreavers as marauders, but ye I already have kitbashed a few warriors with both Blood Warriors and Reavers. I want my dudes to look like Norscans. Also idk what you mean by bra-plate lol.
>>
>>82340701
Is this a prank? Outside of the published adventures which come with lots of prestated npcs basically every sourcebook has dozens of "plothooks" with associated npcs if you don't want to rip npcs from prebuilt adventures. I can post some later. Literally go to the mega and start downloading
>>
>>82341045
To be honest I have a hard time seeing the god mortals for AoS as anything but marauders with a mark that GW are failing at trying to pass off as anything but.
>>
>>82341064
I disagree, the AoS mortals have a much wider weapons selection
>>
>>82341086
see:
>>
File: daemonprinceofkhorne.jpg (494 KB, 695x900)
494 KB
494 KB JPG
>>82341064
what >>82341086 said. The Khorne dudes even look more viking-y. I don't get what the issue is with em. They just look like marked marauders. There're some goofy fucking minis in AoS, but the Reavers and Blood Warriors aren't included imo.
now what can I use to kitbash a daemon prince who looks like pic related is another question
>>
>>82340701
You might have more luck in the empire supplement Sigmar's Heirs, and perhaps the Border Princes supplement Renegade Crowns.
>>
>>82341086
>ironslash murderswords
No one cares
>>
File: unnamed (1) (2).jpg (89 KB, 512x466)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>82341086
>>82341102
Oh no, bows, that thing chaos thugs could have in earlier editions making them not out of place.
>>
>>82341104
>Blood Warriors
Those are a pistol and backpack away from being just Khorne berserkers from 40k.
>>
>>82341064
Isn’t that what they’re supposed to be?
I kinda wish nurgle got some more regular-sized guys.
>>
>>82341159
I think GW doesn't even know anymore and hasn't for a while.
>>
File: Khornatechampion.jpg (450 KB, 747x1024)
450 KB
450 KB JPG
>>82341145
What is the problem? I tore the heads from a few easy to build Blood Warriors and replaced em with Chaos Warrior and marauder heads just to diversify them a bit more, but the warrior heads I chopped off I used to build my Chaos cultists for 40k, they look fucking metal.
>>82341137
I need more retro metal marauders and thugs, or at least third party knockoffs. Knightmare Miniatures are alright, as are Alternative Armies.
>>
File: Untitled.png (36 KB, 800x600)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>82341045
this is what i meant
>>
File: jug.jpg (587 KB, 1200x1662)
587 KB
587 KB JPG
>>82341185
i fucking love chaos lmao
>>
File: bladesofchaos.jpg (91 KB, 530x846)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>82341187
I will admit, I fucking hate the vore stomach, that was an atrocity. I filled my dudes guts in with putty and they look far better. What the fuck kind of idea was that? Jesus Christ.
Any good barbarian stories/novels besides the Slaves to Darkness trilogy or Riders of the Dead and Blood for the Blood God?
>>
File: Averlander.png (826 KB, 533x979)
826 KB
826 KB PNG
>>82341046
>>82340701
>>
File: Hochlander.png (983 KB, 1022x707)
983 KB
983 KB PNG
>>82341202
>>
File: Middenlander.png (957 KB, 998x718)
957 KB
957 KB PNG
>>82341208
>>
File: Mootlander.png (850 KB, 980x730)
850 KB
850 KB PNG
>>82341215
>>
File: Nordlander.png (919 KB, 994x814)
919 KB
919 KB PNG
>>82341228
>>
File: Ostermarker.png (950 KB, 1000x786)
950 KB
950 KB PNG
>>82341236
>>
>>82341215
dumb as fuck
>>
File: Ostlander.png (1.17 MB, 994x750)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>82341247
>>
File: Reiklander.png (873 KB, 980x680)
873 KB
873 KB PNG
>>82341258
>>
File: Stirlander.png (969 KB, 1006x726)
969 KB
969 KB PNG
>>82341267
>>
File: Talabeclander_1.png (866 KB, 996x688)
866 KB
866 KB PNG
>>82341272
>>
File: Talabeclander_2.png (1.14 MB, 1000x966)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>82341280
>>
File: Wissenlander.png (891 KB, 988x710)
891 KB
891 KB PNG
>>82341288
>>
File: Bandits.png (363 KB, 529x555)
363 KB
363 KB PNG
>>82341295
>>
File: Roadwardens.png (376 KB, 532x559)
376 KB
376 KB PNG
>>82341301
>>
File: Ruggbroders_Bodyguards.png (627 KB, 532x853)
627 KB
627 KB PNG
>>82341311
>>
>>82341321
There's also 6 more NPCs but they're more directly related to the Bögenhafen adventure. And all of that was just from one (1) book, Sigmar's Heirs.
>>
>>82341248
seethe and cope chud
>>
File: Donato_Buccina.png (536 KB, 531x831)
536 KB
536 KB PNG
From the WFRP companion
>>
File: Instant_Merchant.png (773 KB, 983x866)
773 KB
773 KB PNG
>>82341404
>>
>>82339468
Or slap no penalty at all. KotG points out that Brets handle mercenaries by hiring them as "shepherds," then "accidentally" dropping their payment on the ground near them.

GW just hates the French, even fantasy French.
>>
>>82341343
seeth and cope smoothbrain
>>
File: Sample_Doctor.png (487 KB, 494x1013)
487 KB
487 KB PNG
>>82341411
>>
File: Hargin.png (419 KB, 470x896)
419 KB
419 KB PNG
>>82341417
>>82341414
>aaah no w*men in my role playing games, this is literally the collapse of western civilization
>>
File: Reuban.png (528 KB, 470x1125)
528 KB
528 KB PNG
>>82341427
>>
File: Sigrid.png (486 KB, 470x1032)
486 KB
486 KB PNG
>>82341433
>>
File: Meradell.png (433 KB, 475x954)
433 KB
433 KB PNG
>>82341442
>>
>>82341427
>sticks head in sand
>ignores all trends in media
>why are you upset about this 1 thing????
>>
>>82339670
One assumes so, but Sigmar's status as the god of the Empire probably limits the usefulness of proselytizing to non-Imperials. Kinda like how the Lady has virtually no appeal to non-Bretonnians and Myrmidia outside of Tilea & Estalia has degenerated to a simple war goddess.

I imagine there are some places where the Sigmarite cult is watched very closely for shenanigans. Marienburg, for example - Sigmar is still popular there but you don't want its formal cult organization kneeling to the patriarchs back in Nuln or Altdorf too adroitly. Kislev as well, I bet: the tzarina is very keenly interested in maintaining Kislev's identity and centralizing the authority in her, and a foreign god belonging to a cult she can't subordinate would be a threat if he started getting popular.
>>
File: Sigmar_in_Marienburg.png (277 KB, 782x608)
277 KB
277 KB PNG
>>82341451
Actually the cult in Marienburg is split between orthodox and reform, with the majoritary reform cult being independent from the Empire. ISTG nobody in this thread actually reads the lore, you all just headcannon shit on the fly.
>>
>>82341427
No faggot, it's because her "fluff" is just retarded and badly written. Since you're obviously a dumb homo without any anlytic skills:
>At first doubtful, the priest was impressed with her knowledge of military history and arts of strategy and tactics
Please explain to me you fucking imbecile, how did the farmer's daughter acquired understanding and knowledge in the field of "strategy and tactics" good enough to impress the priest of military cult? By listening to passing helbardiers who OF COURSE would waste their time in talking with a peasant bint?
Answear is: no, she couldn't it's a fucking bad writing just to further the micro plot. And of course: you're a tranny.
>>
File: hammertime.jpg (173 KB, 715x602)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>82339670
No, why would they? Sigmar is the Empire patron- god ie. no matter what he's localised diety that has a connection to the Imperials ony. At this point each cult's influence is kinda set in stone (Ulric, Manann, Sigmar and Taal having their own "territories") and everyone seems to be accepting that.
>>
>>82341583
Manaan is the true god of the empire u just dont know it yet
>>
>>82341527
cry about it
>>
New thread
>>82341764
>>82341764
>>82341764
>>
>>82335969
I don't give a shit if GW audits the RPG, GW also audited 7e and 8e which are objectively noncanon.
>>
File: WFRP 2e.png (1008 KB, 519x732)
1008 KB
1008 KB PNG
>>82341248
seething lmao

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.