[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1317180848925.jpg (371 KB, 1000x1344)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
This Edition Sucks

>>Previous Thread
>>82301812
>Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/WiCHizn0
>Mediafire
http://mediafire.com/folder/s9esc6u7ke8k5/CofD
>Mega
https://mega.nz/folder/ePQ1BKhJ#RCosRCh59Ki2Mpb1M9H3Uw
>General Creation Kit
https://mega.nz/#F!FWJgBTbb!f7d5rARWHYzuI8-8aI-Bxw
> White Wolf Wiki:
https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page
> OWOD/COFD Forums:
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/

Where to buy what you need (Check all links for full selection):
> White Wolf Catalogue:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/1/White-Wolf
> Onyx Path Publishing Catalogue:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/4261/Onyx-Path-Publishing
> Fan-made Stuff
https://www.storytellersvault.com/

>Thread Question
How do you feel about players who create characters that don't fill traditional group roles and focuses on a very niche part of the game, like crafting, performance, driving or outdoors survival?
>>
File: oh_mage.jpg (52 KB, 275x604)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
Your thoughts on the Order of Hermes? Hard mode, no mention of their more successful little brother, Tremere.
>>
>>82315840
>TQ
So long as it makes sense as a character and they're not just a bunch of numbers on a sheet, can't say I care. A good ST makes any Skill relevant so it hardly matters. Besides, being constrained to roles in games that are so heavily centred around narrative is pretty much antithetical to the whole thing.
>>
>>82315840
depends on the campaign and how much bullshit they are willing to deal with
>>
Always ignore the magefag. In case you didn't know it was a magefag at first, and you are in a discussion, agree to everything they say, less he ruins your day and other anons day with his tantrum
>>
File: House_Thig1.png (3.35 MB, 1024x1499)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB PNG
>>82315860
The only thing they did wrong was lost Mistridge and both Massasa Wars.

The fact Dreamspeakers are eternally butthurt at the Order to this day that they didn't get a special snowflake 2000+ seat council for their irrelevant hunga bunga jury rigged religions astounds me. The Order are the most based tradition and are incredibly varied.
>>
>>82315840
The worst thing your ST inserted in your games? Whether it be homebrew, an NPC, or their addition to the lore.
>>
>>82315840
Finally a good image.
It's from where,, anon?
>>
>>82315860

The Mage gameline couldn't function without OoH as a vehicle to be "bland D&D/Harry Potter/alchemy-mason-truenamer-cabbalist-hodgepodge" mages as a backdrop to all the more "out there" Traditions, as an in-universe source of any common terminology at all (try to picture a Verbena, an Etherite, a Chorist and an Akashi monk trying to agree just what the shit they do is called, not to mention the energy they might collect from external sources to do it) and a lot of common practices, and as a POV for learning/describing other Traditions from outside and trying to negotiate between them. (Verbena and/or the Hollow could've taken that place, but they'd then take on enough OoH traits anyway for the distinction to lose meaning.) Without a middle ground that the Hermetics provided, the Traditions would have less in common than Garou have with the Mummies.

At the same time, their dominance made the books and terminology a bit too OoH-centric, obscuring lot of stuff from the players and really downplaying just how much "out there" the non-OoH traditions can get.

Technocracy made the game world banal in order to structure and normalize it; OoH did the same to the game books themselves, to a degree.

On that note, could anyone tell me any in-setting justification for why True Faith Celestial Chorists are 1. a thing, and 2. a very rare thing?
>>
>>82315860
Those wacky and silly wizards, them.
>>
>>82315860
boring
>>
>>82316763
Any sort of believer has the potential to have True Faith, provided that their belief is unwavering and pure enough. I guess that this includes mages, especially since there's werewolves capable of wielding True Faith.
As for why it's a very rare thing, mages are exposed to the concept of consensual reality and magic in general, which completely throws a spanner in theology as we know it. Even though the Choristers are able to tie religion and magic together, the revelations that come with being a mage probably make it hard to harbor True Faith levels of belief.
>>
>>82315860
I hope they get BTFO in M5 by the Tremere again.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (50 KB, 1164x655)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Been watching the Strain and feel like it's very similar to the Tzimisce ante Gehenna scenario, being the body horror mass underneath New York.
I think it's pretty good though, and there's definitely parts worth adapting for games.
>>
>>82316842
>True Faith levels of belief.
I like true faith especially when it has nothing to do with conventional religion, like the guy that warded off vampires with his credit card or some schizophrenic that truly believe his hallucinations are real.
>>
>>82316987
It has to be borderline-inhuman levels of belief, to the point where the person would be declared mentally ill by modern society.
>>
>>82317001
I know. I just it funny that it could be born from such places
>>
Heres a fun concept for your next game:
10% of humanity are now supernatural instead of the traditional >1% and the various masquerades are simply gone.
>>
>>82317067
I am imagining basically Xmen. But realistically what would it change? You can have 50% not be normals if you just say "but they all keep it secret, including from each other." I would not say percentages are necessary to portray things just the relative organization of splats. Is there something you are imagining that requires 75 million monsters
>>
>>82317137
>But realistically what would it change?
I mean he said that the masquerade and stuff arent a thing so I would guess it just shadowrun remixed
>>
>>82315860
By logic they shouldn't exist in modern days.
Canonically they are described as biggest and strongest Traditions, yet they fuck up pretty much everything they do in negative iq way. You can't be big, influencing and weak, retarded at same time, your enemies would either destroy or enslave you.
>>
>>82317137
Without a masquerade it won't even be x-men, more like that one CoC setting where rhe mythos just won. The empire of Tsan chan, or something.
>>
>>82317296
that does make sense.
>>
>>82317023
>>82317001
>>82316987
I'm really glad most books retconned that stupid shit out. True Faith as True Magick is just a retarded idea that makes True Faith into a meme.
>>
File: 1628868136646.jpg (46 KB, 500x500)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Speaking of percentages: are the numbers of 1 vamp, 2 ghouls (one property of the aforementioned vamp, one masterless and going through withdrawal), 3 Garou (one gaian,one BSD-posing-as-gaian, and one cub about to go through a First Change), 1 Technocracy sorcerer, 3 Changelings and about a dozen Kinfolk, plus PCs, plausible for a group of total size of about 500 people (pre-said cub's First Change)? Not "normal", mind you — it's a prison standing on a gnosis/glamour hotspot, so everyone (save the cub) is here with some kind of an agenda, and the population density guidelines barely apply; still, I'm not sure if that's not too much supernatural presense/infiltration even for a hotspot.
>>
>>82317451
Are you planning on doing that much cross splat interaction? What's your PC a group of, I assume not just one splat?
>>
File: masks.jpg (223 KB, 1051x1360)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>82311549
After reading through masks of nyarlathotep, I'm thinking about making it into a demon campaign. All the cult stuff and bad guy plots can all be converted into infrastructure (hell, the main ballistic missile to open a dimensional rift plot screams Occult Matrix). Just add gears/scenery dressing!
The globetrotting gives it the Mission Impossible/James Bond kind of spy thriller vibe
Already identified several NPCs who easily can be angels: M'Weru/Hong Fo as a couple of the big ones
>Due to all the different countries/travel, I know the players are going to need to start with some extra XP for covers/merits/stuff:
>How much does /tg/ thing?
>Established presence (5)
>Respected veteran (10) <--leaning toward this
>Unchained role model (15)
>>
>>82317451
The vampire would be a problem. Posibg as a human in a jail is nigh impossible with the constant surveilamce, unless it's a magical prison.

For all others it might be plausible enough i think since prisons have a pretty big concentration factor.
>>
>>82317451
19/500 people possible if a bit unlikely, mainly on the vamp side if he feeds on humans, but then again is your game so do whatever.
>>
>>82317621
If all pcs are demons then 5-8 will be enough. Even 10 might be overkill.
Demons are versatile and unless they haveto constantly fight hunter-seekers they shoukd be able to solve that adventure since it's written to be dealt with by mortals
>>
>>82317621
Instead of free experience you could offer dots in certain things that fit their backstory.
I played a campaign where players moved from north California Camarilla to LA Anarch society and couldn't bring a majority of their backgrounds by principal, so they established their roots and then we moved back from there so everyone got the same additional experience.
>>
>>82317529
Yes, and a group of Possessed (a prison is an obvious place to catch some Banes, hence Fomori, and there's a single Kami — I'm fine with snowflakes), with access to Gifts and Sorcery paths. So pretty much dirt below notice for all involved.

>>82317628
Set before CCV surveillance got any good.

>>82317628
>>82317652
Thanks!
>>
>>82315840
Why is Paradox focusing on VNs and other shit instead of ttrpg supplements? Just tired of hearing news about that instead of a new book/splat.
>>
>>82318173
Because who the hell wants to play V5?
>new splat
We got plenty splats that could use love, don't know what else they could cover that hasn't been done. Ayyyy: The lmao?
>>
>>82318202
>Because who the hell wants to play V5?
It's the most popular version of Vampire, just not on 4chan. Granted, V20 still gives it a run for its money, but it's still in the lead.
>>
>>82318202
>>82318337
I mostly just read V5 to steal a few decent ideas, Then filter the others away like a used condom.
>>
>>82315860
They ruined everything.

>>82315840
>How do you feel about players who create characters that don't fill traditional group roles and focuses on a very niche part of the game, like crafting, performance, driving or outdoors survival?

My GM both hates and loves some of them. He isn't a fan when a single player isolates themselves for like 3 sessons in a row working on gear for the party or 'avoiding' the plot-line. but the rest of the players welcome it to get some neat 'Just what we needed' stuff.

Though on occusion when I do get too show off the outdoors survival by esaping werewolves or gangrels its pretty fun for him.
>>
What Mage the Awakening book has the best insight or description on how mages perceive magic? The 2e CRB gives some vague hints, but I want to dive deeper into what magic/symbols are in my game
>>
>>82317067
OI, YOU GOT A LOICENSE FOR THAT SUPERNATURAL TEMPLATE?
>>
>>82318464
Tome of the Mysteries is 1E but it still holds up for the most part.
>>
>>82315840
Newfag here, why is V5 considered bad?
>>
>>82318667
Mostly because it is. Not that it means there is anything wrong in liking it.
>>
>>82318173
They just released deviant and mummy2e. Since no one cared about 1e it's basicaly a completly new line as well.

The owod5e will also grow rapidly with w5 and h5
>>
>>82318667
My opinion? The lore is ass and I don't like the new system. but really its based on experience it seems.
>>
>>82318667
Besides the obvious political shittery you'll find in any /v/ thread trying to farm outrage, the mechanical side doesn't seem very good at all.
>>
>>82318713
Paradox's only involvement is approve/deny and collecting licensing royalties. Everything for CofD and X20 are OPP projects.
>>
>>82318173
Why are VNs in general so linear and boring to replay?
>>
>>82316929
When I saw that silly sausage-fingers glove I laughed. For the anons out there, the series also includes an octogenarian jewish hunter hellbent on revenge against a nazi vampire, so depending on your leanings and tolerance for gonzo, you may actually enjoy it.

Otherwise it's a pretty standard "zombie apocalypse".
>>
>>82316987
>like the guy that warded off vampires with his credit card

The power of Free Market will protect me against vampires...?
That is probably THE SINGLE WORST take on True Faith on the setting. It cheapens the idea of Faith, and allows, or even mandates, that 10% of the Sabbat have at least one dot in True Faith (Caine).
>>
>>82317451
Watch the setting of Buffy, Sunnydale, for inspiration. Those percentages more or less apply there (but with a lot more demons/aliens/prometheans/stuff, and a probable density of 1 vampire per 250 humans or so).
>>
>>82318995
They are called Visual Novels for a reason, anon.
Novels.
>>
>>82318677
>>82318732
>>82318826
I see so it is all around kind of crap?
So what is the best edition?
20th or even COD?
>>
>>82319026
It absolutely goes batshit through the seasons, but it's Del Toro vampire drama so it's not a surprise.
I think they do okay with most characters, including the Jew and the Nazi, it's the Goodweather saga that doesn't stay entertaining.
>>
>>82319130
I would suggest 20th over Call of Duty, but you may take a look at Chronicles of Fucking Darkness too. If you are into the setting because Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, then CofD is not the setting for you.
It lacks the clans, the characters, the really old elderls and the metaplot. It's just a different take on a Vampire game.
No Jeanette for your in CofD. If you are into into Vampire because of the game, then check both (honestly better Revised, but you do you).
>>
>>82319130
>I see so it is all around kind of crap?
Mechanically, mostly stuff tied to the hunger system and messy crits being interpreted as masquerade breaches. Lorewise it just feels anti dramatic because of all the set up about the apocalypse being left to the side and the SI being meh antagonist even if they have a cool angle.
>>
>>82319130
>So what is the best edition?
For old world I would say V20 for the volume of content and retrocompatibility. Requiem 2e also pretty is nice.
>>
File: 1612836263037.png (772 KB, 769x370)
772 KB
772 KB PNG
>>82319379
>Volume of content
Is there anywhere I can check out which ones are the most worthwhile? Like if there is someone ot there reviewing them since I'm not sure how decent each By Night book is. I understand most of them outside Chicago+Giovanni Chronicles are considered to be shit but not sure how true that is and I'd like to know about the other ones.
>>
>>82319130
20th is basically a heavily refined version of 1/2/revised.

Chronicles is its own thing that takes a different approach. Generally speaking, it's mechanically a better game that's easier to play. Clan/faction design is pretty great, but it's one of those cases where personal preference determines whether you like one or the other.

Masquerade: 13 thematically narrow clans with fairly rigid faction alignments of the Camarilla, Anarchs, and Sabbat whose membership are determined mostly by your clan.
Requiem: 5 more conceptually themes clans with a lot more flexibility on build choices. The 5 core political factions don't follow the "not-really-good guys/really-bad guys" concept that the Camarilla and Sabbat do, but instead are conflicting ideals and activities.

The big thing isn't "which is better?" It's whether you prefer having an extensive pre-built setting scenario (the overarching Caine and apocalypse looming stuff) or a flexible toolkit you can do whatever you want with.
>>
>>82318667
it lacks refinement and direction in almost every aspect. mechanics are restrictive or are pointless, the writing is just dumb, the sorta thing you expect from a new team making a new system. but at the same time V5 doesn't do nowhere near enough new or unique to where ppl are willing to give it the leniency that new systems usually get.
>>
>>82319130
I strongly recommend V5 The Requiem.
>>
File: 1613586094760.png (3.18 MB, 1208x1015)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB PNG
>>82319456
>Is there anywhere I can check out which ones are the most worthwhile?
to the best of my knowledge not really but I haven't looked for a list just reading whatever is tied to what I'm interested at the moment.
I would recommend ''Lore of the Clans'' and ''Lore of the Bloodlines'' as well the main faction books because those seem like the most useful in general.
Good luck finding a list, maybe the OPP forums have something to go off.
>>
File: tzimizce gaming.jpg (189 KB, 952x958)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>82319601
Well guess it's that or skimming all the ones that interest me since I was interested on finding a good plot and pasting it on a city of my choice since I thought the twist of the BBEG in chicago being a random ghoul was lame. At least those two Lorebooks seem like the best to catch up with the metaplot which I also need to do. Thanks for the tip brah, I'll see if those forums know.
>>
>>82315840
I just took a huge shit. It reminded me of this thread, and the people in it.
>>
Suppose a group of Demons (the Fallen), about 1-2 years active, made a contest of hunting all the vampires in a small Anarch (no elders) city. There are no airports or sea access, and the land road out of the city is a very obvious camping spot. The Fallen don't cooperate since it's a contest, but neither do they outright fight each other. They're mixed houses, all high Torment, and don't care much about humans. The vampires can and will cooperate, as much as vampires are able to (remember, kids: a murder of crows, a school of fish, a conspiracy of vampires), as soon as they learn they're hunted (that is, after, not before, they're put on a clock).

Some of the demons are proud enough to let the vampires know who they're dealing with (upon crashing a gathering or whatever), and the vampires — whether via malkavians sharing insight, or someone having enough occult knowledge and/or prior experience — have some general idea of what the Fallen are and do (no in-depth mechanical details, of course).

What would the vampires' survival chances be, and their best strategy?
>>
>>82319130
Eh, Some of its good for starters and it does away with alot of the Higher power stuff last I checked.

Personally I prefer 20th edition and think its the best but again heavily opinion based and I have more experience in that then V5, Req, Ect
>>
>>82319862
My Baali opening a gate for an Earthbound to return for a whole day and bring those silly moronic demons back home to be punished.
There may be collateral casualties but that is half the fun.

Dealing with wayward demons that believe themselves to be The True Sons of God (tm) has been an unmitigated joy when gaming as a player in two or three occassions demonic encounters in the wild like that happened..
>>
>>82319942
>>82319862
Oh, well, no elders? Didn't read that.
Then they should probably get heavy weaponry and ask for baptism and help from the local Choristers.
The can hardly turn away repentant vampires and not save their souls and or banish demons, right? The local Tremere Regent (or Anarch equivalent) definitely knows about the Traditions operating there.

That is half of vampire's political strategy: Have others do stuff for you.
>>
>>82318667
It fucked up the lore to appease the kind of people that do not play games. The mechanics are also pretty shit compared to other versions.
>>82319130
>I see so it is all around kind of crap?
Yes.
>So what is the best edition?
It depends. VTM has a incredible lore that attracts people and the setting is broad enough to allow almost any kind of game. The books are also incredible good to pass the time and talking about the setting with others is actually fun. If you think those things are worth you can use V20 for your games and the other VTM books pre-v5 to read and have ideas.
Requiem is weird. While there is some baselines in the setting, there is no metaplot. It can allow the same amount of flexibility than VTM, and perhaps more, but it will depend on the ability of the ST to craft his own game. That's why they say that VTR is a tookit (note that this ignores the fact that a ST in a VTM will also have to craft something for his game but the workload will be way lighter). Requiem also has a limited number of players and you will have to convince your friends to play. Since there is no metaplot, there is nothing actually to talk about with people online, since every game will depend on the ST.
Overall, both games are good. But there is a reason for people to recommend VTM
>>
>>82320029
>It fucked up the lore to appease the kind of people that do not play games.
>I only know my circle of gamers, so I declare anyone of any other position doesn't actually play
>>
>>82320172
If you think someone normal actually appreciates things like Rudi you are in for a loop, anon.
But, okay. I take the bet: can you point a single online place where people actually liked Rudi? If you do, I'll apologize.
>>
>>82320172
We have a true brainerd here.
>Player attempted to counter refutation with rethoric
There was no refutation that anon attempted to counter. He simply said "V5 sucks and everybody hates it". That is a statement.
If you had gone and say "no it doesn't I know because here I have a list of active V5 games all over the world and see there are currently 25 million active V5 players, I rest my case" and he had answer with "V5 sucks anyway and no decent person person would play" THAT would have a been a "no true scotman".
What you did, instead, was getting pissed because people don't like V5 (citation needed) so you started drama as usual, without you yourself providing any reason or information about why V5 doesn't suck (other than "I heard people play it" I guess?).
>>
>>82320266
That is a very low bar, anon, I bet he can point you to official forums in which you get banned if you say Rudi is shit and they should be ashamed of pandering so hard, and therefore only the stilettolickers remain, all singing praises to Rudi as the best thing since women's suffrage.
>>
>>82320323
If they have to ban people that even mention his name it already proof enough that it is not something that people want to talk about or appreciate.
Even so, he will be hard pressed to find a single thread where the majority of people likes Rudi.
>>
>>82320298
No, I'm saying his specific reasoning why people don't like it is fundamentally flawed. I think you'll find the really aggressive anti-progress players that like to hang around here are a minority in the real world and usually end up as "that guy." It's a self-selected confirmation bias.

There are better takes on why it's bad, specifically the really funky Second Inquisition and new masquerade stuff, the way it poorly dips from Requiem's mechanics without understanding why they work in that game, and so on. And yes, Rudi is stupid, but that's an extreme example of pandering.
>>
>>82320029
>It fucked up the lore
Nope. Rudi isn't "the lore". It cleaned up the junk and made things more modern, sensible, and playable.
>>
>>82320471
Aren't you falling into the same bias?
Unless you are a professional TTPRG GM that every single week has a different game of a different gameline, you have doing this for 20 years, you attend every single major meeting of Vampire players, etcetera, I don't know how exactly your "sample pool of players" is bigger than any other person's sample pool.

You would have to know an statistically significant amount of players (as in a couple hundred at the very least) and received information from all those that, majoritarily, they like the V5 changes overall.

There is not even a fiable census of reliable players of Masquerade. Thousands, yes, tens of thousands, maybe?
I cannot even tell you (although I hazard it at "at least a couple hundred") what would be statistically significant to begin with.
All the sources we have (number of sales of books, participation in online forums official or not) at at the very beast secondary or tertiary information.

How many people who buy the books actually play it? How many of those who play it, play it again? How many people who post in those forums actually play it? How many people pirate the books instead of buying them? How many people play with their friends without ever going to forums (or rarely), and never going to stuff like conventions?

Do we have numbers in any way shape or form that would allow us to even begin to know how many players you would need to interview in order to get an idea of V5 acceptance?

Without, of course, factoring the aggresive marketing of V5 and the aggresive shelving of ANY other edition (20th or CofD) to leave space for V5.

We don't know anything and we can't infer anything, at all.
>>
File: 3.png (1.92 MB, 2545x1832)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB PNG
Help, i can't stop building on this hollow
>>
>>82320638
>Wall of text that says nothing
>>
>>82320492
What would you say V5 has as an advantage over V20?
>>
>>82320689
I can see you like building in Minecraft's the End.
It's normal getting addicted to that.
>>
>>82320719
It modernizes the setting in the complex and vibrant way modernity has to offfer without being anchored in the past. We are not in the 90s anymore.
>>
>>82320776
That doesn't actually tell me anything, that's pure jargon. What parts of V20 needed to go the way of the dodo and how does V5 improve on them?

Is it really just aesthetics?
>>
>>82320799
nta but its V5 just has some neat powers, systems like blood resonance and lore sheets. other than that its pretty meh.
>>
>>82320492
> It cleaned up the junk and made things more modern, sensible, and playable.
LOL. Good one
>>
>>82320799
Old Masquerade doesn't adequately reflect the current trends and interests of new players.
>>
File: snackdenton.png (354 KB, 760x572)
354 KB
354 KB PNG
>>82320938
Elaborate further because I have no reason to believe you at all. I've been playing V20 for a while and don't think it lags behind.
>>
>>82320974
I don't know, I simply cannot tell you because I don't know. Please stop asking, you are ruining everything, this is my first day!
>>
>>82320938
The big problem it has is that it tries to maintain temporal continuity with the older versions. The Apocalypse came and went, nothing really changed except it sucks a lot more to be a Vampire and there were huge changes in the mechanics with no explanation for it.
>>
Is the OPP writer on vacation?
Because those paid interns suck at shilling.
>>
>>82321272
>paid interns
LOL. They do it for free.
>>
>>82321108
The apocalypse just casually happening whole nobody looked and not changing the world noticibly for regular folk is such a fucking let down
>>
>>82321272
Oh, so NOW you want him back.
>>
>>82321272
>Why isn't my schizophrenic imagination posting?
>>
>>82321325
Touché
You are right. This may summon him.
Let's forget about it.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (166 KB, 850x878)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>82316929
Is the strain any good
>>
>>82321369
You just did >>82321363
>>
>>82321325
There is no way of pleasing some people.
>>
>>82321409
>CofD players come here and talk about how they enjoy playing their games
>WoD "players" come here to shit on everything, call CofD players shills, and bitch about "SJWs ruining everything"
>>
>>82321371
I've enjoyed it, I think the characters are good and the actors are good too, the plot progresses to way above what it started as, so I wouldn't blame you for tapping out after S2.
Concept is fun, definitely takes bits from lots of different sources but tries to be it's own thing and it just makes you want to suckle the masters white and receive his worm.
>>
Demon the Fallen's time after Demons were cast out into the void/darkness and what happened there greatly remind me of this general.
Do you agree?
>>
File: 1637866511745.jpg (68 KB, 700x402)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>82321443
>CofD
>having players
>>
>>82322017
>WoD
>having players
See I can do it too
>>
>>82321443
Anon, people are talking about how V5 is shit, anon. I know that V5 developers tried to steal some ideas but unfortunately V5 fucked VTM lore and not CotD.
No one mentioned or cares about CofD,
>>
>>82322027
Well your statement is true. So there is no irony.
>>
>>82322017
Better reaction images
>>
>>82322017
>loog mum i bosted it agen :DDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>82322213
Silence, Spurdo. Your chicanery will be tolerated no longer.

>>82315840

It the topic of chicanery, what are the worst crimes your chars have done?
Please no "I drank blood nonconsensually".
>>
>>82322129
And yet somebody tried to start shit with that stupid "anyone who likes CofD is a shill" bullshit.
>>
>>82322197
It's deceptively easy to turn anumu gurls into Nosferatus. Their proportions are already fucked up beyond human possibilities.
>>
Can vampires shave? Or are they forever hairy?
>>
>>82322275
My last Requiem character was a cat burglar.

In the middle of the big "we're totally not the Invictus guys" faction The Board's Christmas party he snuck off to do a heist with some of his mortal criminal buddies. The house we hit for the safe of Faberge eggs belonged to one of the higher ranked members.
>>
>>82322321
Yes, but it'll be back after your next daysleep.
>>
>>82322321
They can shave, but next time they wake up they'll look the same as they did when they were embraced.
Be happy you didn't have a huge afro like some prince in some fiction.
>>
>>82322275
>It the topic of chicanery, what are the worst crimes your chars have done?
It's between the fanatic that killed everyone that he found pure and the Ventrue that drank from abused children and worked with shaddy people to increase his herd.
>>
File: 1399217636182.png (71 KB, 486x474)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>82322275
>What are the worst crimes your chars have done?
I've told the story before but by extreme luck my players diablerized the sheriff in their first night as neonates unintentionally encouraging the escalation of a sabbat invasion of the city. The prince was not a happy camper.
>>
>>82322275
I took part in some serious war crimes against Cathars and other heretics enemies of the Church (as well as against innocents peasants desu) in Southern France during the XIII century.
Those were wild times.

>>82322321
Tzimisce's can offer you permanent laser shaving.
>>
>>82322275
Sold a political rival's most beloved ghoul to human traffickers aligned with the Sabbat and framed his best friend for it.
>>
>>82322415
>You wouldn't lower your generation
Haven't you seen the ads before the DVD movies start?!

>>82322344
I am finding interesting stuff among the other anons replying, but your worst crime was stealing (otherwise priceless) antiquities?
Sir, are you even a vampire?
>>
>>82322466

Now, see? That is the kind of mental degeneracy I come to expect and love from this general.

Anon, you must vampire harder.
>>
>>82322445
To be honest (T.B.H.) translates as desu?
What kind of chicanery is this, fäm?
>>
File: partyman.jpg (41 KB, 640x480)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>82322286
Very bizarre thing to say, especially considering that Paradox is focusing basically all their efforts into resurrecting VtM and the other WoD properties despite how much of a losing battle that is. If anything would be shilled in here by those guys, it would be VtM 5e and any of the other attempted resurrections at those game lines.

Anyway, CofD is good but there's not much to talk about since its a GM-focused game and the vast majority of people here are too lazy to GM, not to mention the fact that autists who are too annoying to get into any game at all can't get into CofD since there's no definitive lore they can argue about in the place of actually playing the game.
>>
>>82322415
LaCroix deserves to be molested by a mage
>>
File: 1632190308069.jpg (89 KB, 564x846)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>82322536
>>82322275
Whaddaya expect of the ending of Better Call Saul, anon?
>>82322489
>You wouldn't lower your generation
I mean I gladly would but my players didin't even know what diablerie was or that it would do that.
>>
>>82322360
>>82322378
This is why you always manscape before you get embraced.
Nobody wants a permanent bush. I wonder how many hairy Gangrel women are out there, haha
>>
>>82322489
For the most part, my coterie was a bunch of problem solvers dealing with shit like a house that constantly produced Draugr and kept reappearing after destruction, fighting a huge Hunter org from Europe that tried to muscle in that we stole a yacht from (and turned into an Elysium party boat), and trying to keep several ancient conceptual monster vampires from entering the real world.
>>
>>82322643
Post your clans.
>>
>>82322275
>what are the worst crimes your chars have done?

unironically blew up an oprhange being used by Flesh crafters for that pure 'smooth baby feel' and then had to go back in and burn out the baby room because it was warded and had better protection then we realized.

Got a few others but nothing as bad.
>>
>>82322701
I don't get it. Once the fleshcrafters were destroyed by the blast, why come back to burn the survivors? Or they were hidding in the babyroom?
You could at least spared the babies.
>>
>>82322643
>several ancient conceptual monster vampires from entering the real world

What would those be?
>>
>>82322622
>while the concept of shaving has been around for many thousands of years, the modern straight razor was mass produced around 1740 with the safety razor being patented in 1880 despite this form predating the patent
haha
>>
>>82322734
Good soldiers follow orders, high command told us to ensure no survivors.

Doesn't help the boss was being influenced by a venture but hindsight is 20/20
>>
>>82322680
I was a Nosferatu, the face was a Daeva.

The third player started with a Ventrue who couldn't help but abuse Dominate and it got him into serious trouble who eventually got taken into the Hedge, then he played a Gangrel "Fixer" brought in from another city who started raising a few revenants into full Kindred and pissing people off. Then finally as a Malkovian who had a menagerie of ghouled animals, including her favorite, a Liger.
>>
>>82322947
Well, now you have to explain how did he managed to obtain a Liger.
>>
What clan would he be?
>>
>>82323016
Late game start with lots of XP to play with.
>>
>>82323226
Tzimisce.
>>
>>82323226
Brujah with massive Ventrue envy.
>>
>>82323529
Jaice is not a ventrue. He is a Tremere poser
>>
File: 1563742760909.jpg (59 KB, 700x700)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>82322017
They hated him because he told the truth.
>>
>>82323764
>Several of us post here
>Durr yurr all shills!
>>
File: Spoiler Image (195 KB, 700x700)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>82323764
Cats can become Nosferatu too. See pic at your own sanity peril.
>>
>>82324025
Is that an Amaranthine cat...? They were cuter in the book...
>>
>>82323226
>zoomer/late-millennial tumblr-tier color shaded cartoonish fantasy netflix garbage

Fuck off.
>>
>>82324081
>I hate everything popular, that makes me cool
>>
I will start a new campaign this Saturday of VTDA. The initial point will be a couple of centuries before the actual gameline ( Year 999- a couple of weeks before the year 1000). Goratrix will be starting his capture of vampires and other supernaturals in order to try and create the potion that will eventually create the Tremere. The players will be some of his experiments.
The initial plan is for them to just escape and use this session to put the scenario of the war between mages and vampires to start a little earlier. But shit can hit the fan and Goratrix can die.
If Goratrix die, Tremere will never emerge as a clan. While they appearing is bullshit, I still don't know how this can affect the politics of the area and history.
Does anyone have any idea?
>>
>>82323226
Venture Crusader with lasombra envy
>>
>>82324470
Any ideas for what? The hermetics don't waste shit tons of resources fighting the Tremere or being raided. So they can funnel more shit into the War of Acesion? The Old-Clan Flesh crafters kinda stay vibing in Eastern Europa.
>>
tfw no musky werewolf gf
>>
>>82324669
Without the Tremeres, clan Salubri stays a high clan and the Tzimisce don't waste resources with them. Without the war with Tremere the tension between neonates and youngs don't happen with the same strength and the anarchs don't gain a foothold with the clan. So, no amaranth and no Sabbat. Maybe even no Camarilla.
The vampire history would change a lot because a lot of it is based of Tremeres fucking things up.
>>
>>82324733
Sorry, no ritual to break blood bonds and so no sabbat
>>
>>82324470
That is on pair with speculating "what if the 4th Crusade never happened?", "what if Charlemagne was never born?". Who knows.
The Tremere House gets found earlier, they are destroyed before being ready to fight back, the Tzimisce never join the Anarch Revolt and thus fails (the main reason for the Tzimisce participation was that the elders were throwing them at the Tremere in the Tremere-Tzimisce war) and [Tzimisce] remains openly active to modern days (he was openly active in the XV century), Camarilla may or may not get founded (with maybe the Tzimisce and the Lasombra in it), the Assamites are not cursed by the Tremere so they get exterminated instead, the Giovanni don't take example from the Tremere and never betraymurder their clan, etc.

The point of divergence is important enough to complete change the face of vampire society for centuries to come, and in turn that would change mortal events in wholly unexpected ways.
>>
File: GETA.jpg (180 KB, 1535x857)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>82324722
>Liger
>>
>>82324742
>>82324733
Idk I feel like there would still be a Sabbat, Or at-least something to oppose the elders? Maybe more of an Anrch outcome?
>>
>>82324722
Um, I think you mean boyfriend.
>>
>>82324769
The Ventrue and Toreador create the Invictus, an inner struggle in the Tzimisce clan finds a scientific way of breaking the bonds and they reform themselves as the Ordo Dracul with the addition of the Cappadocians, the Lasombra create the Catholic Church of Caine, the Brujah, Malkavian and Gangrel create the Carthians...
The answer is "literally whatever".
>>
>>82324743
>That is on pair with speculating "what if the 4th Crusade never happened?", "what if Charlemagne was never born?". Who knows.
I actually enjoy alternative history, so it's a plus for me. The initial plan was for us to game on last saturday but real life intervened.
Since there is 2 salubris and one tzimisce in the group, I think that they would jump at the idea of killing goratrix. And they are capable enough to do it (even if some end up in ashes).
So I'm trying to think about how the story could evolve from there, just broad strokes, just to be prepared and think about what they could do in this period of time.
>>82324769
The structure would be a lot different. But I agree, a bunch of anarchs (more like carhians) opposed to the Camarilla could be fun.

Thanks anons.
>>
>>82324859
Yee, Good luck with it Anon. Looking forward to hearing how it goes around Saturday/Sunday?
>>
>>82324967
Saturday. It usually start after lunch and goes until 9 or 10 PM. I will try to post. Never did something like that but it can be cool.
Thanks, anon. Just the little posted already gave me some ideas for the first session.
>>
>>82320799
V5's strentgh is probably also its main weakness in my opinion: it's advancing the narrative to more modern times, and is leaving things ambiguous enough (the vast majority of lore is presented through unreliable narrators) that each playing group can tone things one way or another depending on preferences.
One issue is of course that none of us can manage to agree on which changes are good and which need to be toned down. And some people seem to be taking as verbatim word of god anything published (bad habit that already plagued the game in previous editions, but I digress)
Things I personally liked (though in most case I found the execution needed to be amended), in no particular order:
- The metaplot advancing and the general clan/sect structures changing. With Assamites finally joining the Camarilla, Tremere taking a huge hit etc...
- The Giovanni being played their own move and eaten from the inside from the various splintered death bloodlines, and into the Hecata.
- The idea that Gehena /might/ be cyclical, and not the end of time thing Noddists believe. I generally like having conflicting mythos in game.
- The Beckoning/SI giving tools to get rid of any vampire discreetly, and create some accelerated changes in a stagnating local campaign.
- The whole Lasombra defection. I like the way it's happening, and that they left *players* have their say in it.
>>
File: lineup.png (3.43 MB, 3000x1687)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB PNG
all good things come to an end...
the Myth is no more.
>>
>>82325092
From a system point of view, I personally really liked the new Hunger system, I gather for the very reasons some people dislike it (it puts the weight of hunger back at the forefront, even if the risk isn't actually huge, players feel that Damocles sword above their head), messy criticals are nice (and finally a system for something mentioned in the game's fiction for decades) but overall people way overstate their impact in my experience. I like the idea of Memoriam, but find it still needs some work.
I agree that the import of Touchstone could have gone better, but from a practical standpoint - but then that's a lot of things with V5. That's a tool I still really like having (it's a basically a giant arrow above the head of NPCs telling me I can toy with them, and leave the rest alone).
Resonance is the odd one out for me. I couldn't care less for it, but a couple players interested in it really made it shine, so jury's still out.
>>
>>82319856
because of the rectal trauma?
>>
>>82324470
>If Goratrix die, Tremere will never emerge as a clan.
Or, you know, someone else will finish the work, with the road just a bit more bumpy (unless you feel that would be cheating the sense of accomplishment from your players, which is fair).

The thing is... you can give this as big or as little an impact as you want, but I can easily see it going as far as no succesful first Anarch Revolt - without the Trereme/Tzimisce Feud in the region, the younger Tzimisce never get enough latitude to find a way to break the blood bond and the other clan's attempts never coalesce and then fizzle out.
As always, just a matter of what you want to do really.
>>
>>82325092
>>82325121
Diversity of opinions and ideas is our strentgh.
>>
>>82324470
Etrius > Goratrix
>>
>>82325013
Good luck anon, I'll be in my own Union game so I'll poke in around that time Saturday.
>>
>>82325092
>Tremere taking a hit
>Those baby seeking tremere drones hitting the inner council
>Shrinknet being Hackermanned
>>
>>82325267
Was just thinking, if you're one of those that don't like V5's handling of clan Tremere, replace a dead Goratrix with Meerlinda for very amusing cascading concequences (that again could go both ways).

>>82325278
The funny thing with this place is one can never be really sure if this is genuine or ironic baiting. I'll bet on the best outcome.
>>
>>82325424
Aren't we all joking, always, all the time, here?
Betting on the best outcome is the best outcome of a bet.
>>
>>82318202
>Ayyyy: The lmao?
That's basically Changeling: the Lost.
>>
>>82325114
Maybe the ST will run another game soon.
>>
>>82325487
How different are thr True Fey from the fey of Dreaming (are the sufficiently different that they could exist as separate factions in the same setting?)
>>
>>82325423
>Those baby seeking tremere drones hitting the inner council
Don't lose an interesting idea in meaningless details. This can be amended. You can make it a lie, paranoid delusions, or just a cover up to something bigger. I mean, the whole WoD is built upon layers upon layers of conspiracies, half truths and mind wipe. Don't take things at face value. Let the Jyhad run its natural course.
Personally I like to think that what happened to the Tremere Vienna chantry is a repeat of what happended to the Tremere Antitribu, with the SI just happening to strike around the same moment by pure chance, but then contributing into a mass hysteria in the Vampire community.
Your mileage may vary.
>>
>>82325514
The tone and mechanics are very different.
>>
>>82325504
Why would they, it was a massive flop.
>>
>>82325514
Lost True Fey are beings similar to the Primordials of Exalted - they are worlds, individuals, and collective entities that are all one being, each part defined by the Titles it holds.

Some of them take humans because they think it'll fill a missing gap in their existence, and it seems like it does, considering how aggressive they get about getting them back.
>>
>>82325525
I could, but that doesn't ignore the fact that is how and what it was written as.
>>
>>82325114
Better than LA by Night
>>
>>82325841
(I'll take it you used the wrong verb or form, we're all tired)
In which case see preemptive >>82325092
>And some people seem to be taking as verbatim word of god anything published (bad habit that already plagued the game in previous editions, but I digress)
This is your game being run. It is what you make of it. Always has, always will be.
Remind me, what clan is Rasputin according to clanbooks?
>>
>>82325911
A Drowned Legacy.
>>
>>82325740
so True Fey would look at Dreaming fey as paltry imitations of themselves
>>
>>82326039
They're completely different concepts.
>>
File: Sidhe01.png (171 KB, 265x358)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>82326039
The closest things Dreaming has to true fae are the Tuatha De Danon or some shit. They're a tribe of historically good powerful fairy folk of the dreaming. You can one or a few be evil in your game by explaining that one or some or many tuatha are being corrupted by the cold banality of modernity. Or they can just be a regular fae folk who is just powerful and happens to take actions that that go against the goal or status quo of your PC's. The fomorians and Fir Bolg can probably be used to fit the true fae niche from Lost. Fomorians can be overwhelming beautiful or evil but they are all characteristically cold bordering on cruel. As a faction, they want to bring am age of winter into the world. Whatever that meant, I've one forgotten. But it involves making themselves a dominant force over all life of course. Sounds generic as all fuck, but the idea is that your pc, before he realized he was a changeling, was some mundane pencil pusher and is know thrown into a high stakes face off against ancient evil, because real life isn't like the stories, there are no glamorous knights coming to save us, Johnny the elf who was just a back room manager for Samsung a year ago, but is now your best bet. What the fomorians can do is pretty vague in the core books but no way there isn't a dedicated fomorians book. But they're a good way to turn up the heat in a dreaming game where the stakes have only been street level so far. The tripping shit true fae can do in lost are too over reaching for my tastes. They are a very creepy enemy I must admit. Fomorians aren't as good a concept as true fae, but a good ST can bring that energy into a dreaming fomorian 100%.
>>
>>82326694
Tuatha de danaan or fomorians are probably the closest things to true fae in dreaming.
>>
File: 1637382376370.png (316 KB, 800x450)
316 KB
316 KB PNG
All this talk about changelings and I still don't get what either version is supposed to do in their games. Vamps fight other clans and conspiracies, woofs fight pentex and the wyrm, mages fight reality and other mages, hunters fight everyone. Do changelings just try to peter pan shit up and not get recaptured by the fairies? I really don't get how the "reducing banality" thing would go over in a game.
>>
>>82327010
Dreaming: You're born with a Fae soul. Ordinary life kills it. So you have to fight against that and maintain wonder as long as possible.

Lost: You were taken by the True Fae. They put you to a use, be it as a lamp, a random beast in their lands, a garbage disposable, an explorer of strange realms, or even their best friend. It changed you to be more like them. But in the process you found the will and power to escape. Now you need to go back to your old life changed, or start a new one, and they want you back.

Of the WoD lines whose first title carried over to nWoD, Changeling was the one most drastically different from the original.
>>
How do I make CofD PG13. Is it impossible for some splats? What if I don't want my Thyrsus who is a nymphomaniac reveling orgies and beastiality?
>>
>>82325114
Actually announced as dead or just there hasn't been a session in a while?
>>
File: 1452616050433.jpg (66 KB, 500x566)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>82327273
Alright, that's very educational anon, thanks. I can see how Lost can have a lot of stakes and drama with the whole fae chasing you and you trying to stay hidden thing. But in Dreaming... how do you fight against banality? Kidnap office workers and teach them to dance? Vandalize an art museum with kindergardeners' crayon drawings? What do they DO in their games?
>>
>>82327304
Just set and enforce boundaries that that's where you want things to be. Be an adult about it.
>>
>>82327318
Mostly by being a kid who has ADHD and no filter on their behavior.
>>
>>82327304
I mean, if you need to, you can use the content check list for it.

I used it to establish boundaries for new players I was unfamiliar with, most were cool with just about everything, save one girl who had a side issue involving anything dealing with teeth, which wasnt hard fo accommodate
>>
>>82326039
The true fae think themselves to be the only beings to exist. Everything else is simply an object, more like the people you meet in your dreams than anything else.
Because from their perspective nothing else qualifies as an individuum. They are their own realities that sometimes send a manifestation of themselves out to do something, but when you enter them you will lose your free will sooner or later and become part of their story.
Sometimes people get out, but they are then kinda like fae princes, considering that they are above hobgoblins in pretty much all regards.
Even already having a template doesn't save you from total enslavement, as they can remove them (see the Unmade).

All in all the life of the Lost could be a super sweet deal, if only the gentry didn't disagree with them being not inside their realms and in the place they are supposed to be.

Also having one of them owe you a favour is the mlst broken three dot merit in all of cofd. Because you can literally summon them and ask them to do something with no strings attached.
>>
>>82327553
Anon I play games to pretend I'm not me.
>>
>>82327668
is this an edit or was the artist here just that on the pulse?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (111 KB, 528x960)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>Tfw no sweet german fae bussy
The universe is cruel
>>
File: Nocker42.png (109 KB, 250x301)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>82327318
Fighting against banality isn't so much as trying to be a teenager with adhd as it is withstanding or succumbing to traumatic events in the mundane world. Doing paper work at your desk can be fine and not bring you any banality. If there is something depressing related to paper work, then it's a hit on banality. And remember, dreaming takes place in the world of darkness. There is all sorts of horrible shit going on beyond depression when considering super naturals in the mix. Banality is also up to personal interpretation between changelings. For some, there mere act of doing paper work WILL cause a banality strike. Other changelings do paper work just fine. Banality is all about how the changeling reacts to being outside of the dreaming and in the "mundane" realm. I don't know if changelings still have to fight against banality if there are in a different realm.
>>
>>82327010
>>82327318
Activities in CtL might include:
>Going about the daily grind of inspiring or exploiting the emotions of mortals and harvesting Glamor from them, as fuel for your Contracts and other abilities.
>Clinging to your sanity in the form of Clarity, which represents a Changeling's ability to tell the difference between reality and the madness of Arcadia.
>Dealing with your Fetches in one way or another, so your characters can either reclaim their old lives or accept that they can never go back to the way things once were.
>Exploring and patrolling the Hedge, in order to make sure that the Goblins there stay where they belong and to harvest magical fruits and baubles for their power.
>Delving into the dreams of mortals, no only as a way of harvesting Glamor and power from them, but as a means of protecting them from the influence and interest of the Gentry.
>Navigating Courtly politics. In general, each Court represents a different reaction to the Gentry, and they often squabble over whether they should fight, hide, or something else.
>Preventing Bridgeburners from destroying any connection between reality and the Hedge. At best, they cut off other Changelings from the Hedge. At worst, they attract the Gentry.
>Weeding out Privateers and True Loyalists who infiltrate Changeling society and work for the Gentry, who have no qualms about selling other Changelings to the True Fae.
>Handling the Huntsmen who come looking for the runaway Changelings of their masters, and who will not stop until the Changeling is back in the Gentry's care.
>Finding a way to defend against the Gentry. Any True Fae emergence is an emergency that threatens the entire Freehold, and is the biggest threat a Changeling can face.
Based on what you read here, it can be easy to assume that Changeling games are just slice-of-life nonsense full of magical femboys making out with each other, but that doesn't have to be the case.
>>
>>82328322
I see no horny in your list.
>>
>>82328347
The horny is in the subtext
>>
>>82328322
>slice-of-life nonsense full of magical femboys making out with each other
Literally springs way to fight the gentry.

Unironicaly though, lost is great to combine slice-of-life stuff with high stakes bullshit, because just because The Conquerer Wyrm has begun to send hobgoblin death squads is no reason to skip work. You just conceil your quadruple barreled shotgun as/in an umbrella
>>
>>82325721
>massive flop
how?
>>
>>82328366
I don't know why so many Lostfags get butthurt when you post this. It's fun. The reason I play Lost is not because of how supposedly articulate the connections are between IRL abuse and Changeling life, since that falls flat when you get magic powers out of it, but because of how fun the world is and how the mechanics open themselves up to customisation.
>>
>>82328521
I'm not butthurt. I completly agree with you here.
Lost can do both things, if the ST wants to focus on one thing he can do it, but for me it works beat as a mixture between high-stakes stories and comfy downtime in your personal faery home
>>
>>82328521
Probably because it leads to misunderstandings about CtL. As you have seen in this thread, people get genuinely puzzled about why anyone would play CtL when their primary exposure to it is Hedgefag posting magical twinks and Negahedge posting jester goths, with almost no discussion of the actual substance of the game. That's fine in moderation, but when that's the only discussion of Changeling 99% of the time, people get the wrong idea about the game.
Not mad, nor would I ever dream of asking Hedgefag to stop posting (Negahedge on the other hand can fuck off), I'm just pointing out how the way that they post about Changeling can sort of misconstrue it in the eyes of people unfamiliar with it.
>>
>>82328347
The horny was used up in the last thread thinking about humongous fairest dragussy.
>>
Could Obteneration shadows protect from sunlight?
Could a Lasombra break a window and drench a room in sunlight but surround themselves with a living shadow to survive?
>>
>>82328585
>Negahedge
come on man, this isn't going to ever be a thing.
>>
>>82329154
Owod, nwod/cofd or v5?
>>
>>82329246
OWoD, specifically revised
>>
>>82329259
I strongly recommend Vampire the Requiem 2e.
>>
>>82329154
As far as I know, sunlight dispels Lasombra's sombras. Maybe at higher obtenebration levels? Just check the Obtenebration discipline in its entirety in both V20 and DA20 (sometimes there are differences) and they should say it.

>>82329246
CofD doesn't have Lasombra (they somewhat have a bastardized Obtenebration), V5 doesn't has Obtenebration (they somewhat have a bastardized Lasombra), so, process of elimination.
>>
>>82329452
I strongly recommend Beast.
>>
File: v5 homebrew.png (293 KB, 927x1446)
293 KB
293 KB PNG
Why do people like this exist?
>>
>>82329474
I strongly recommend Changeling
>>
File: 20211126_132349.jpg (2.34 MB, 4032x3024)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
>>82329452
Thanks, but I really like VtM revised, I just didn't see if it was covered in the copy I have and have lent it to a friend to read.

>>82329458
I'll get the PDFs and have a read, it isn't covered in the clanbook either.
>>
>>82329492
Most people I meet on the official wod discord are like that.
>>
>>82329492
Dear Lord, your STs is just trying to fix V5 by turning it into Masquerade, like any reasonable human would.
Everything else sounds a bit schizo. I like but I don't, I started with V20 but I cannot comprehend why Lasombra and Giovan (sorry, Hecata) can only use "their side of the discipline" (literally said "their side"), etc, etc.

It is good to see that more STs cannot stand V5 and have to "homebrew" it back to V20 or Revised.
>>
>>82329559
That is the worst of the two Clanbooks, by the way. All the books mentioned here, clanbooks and cores, are most likely up top.
I wouldn't download a car, of course, but you do you.
>>
>>82329559
>>82329685
Also, if you cannot find anywhere that says Obtenebration tenebrae are dispelled by the Sun (which again, I am almost certain they do), apply the "whatever interpretation favors the player" principle.
>>
>>82329492
>Nearly everything in V5 exists the way it does for a reason, and often a single change in a rules lite system like V5 can ruin it for a player.

This guy is serious. Why use critical thinking when you can just read and repeat what you just read as loud as you can?
>>
File: At.jpg (33 KB, 381x185)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Without getting into Nightmares, how strong do you think this build is?

Of course Nightmares increase its performance tremendously. All are from the core except I think Shadowed Soul, that is from the player's guide.
>>
>>82329761
Illusion of Safety is also from the player's guide.
>>
File: 73739674_p0.jpg (935 KB, 750x1000)
935 KB
935 KB JPG
What Path and Order is she?
>>
>>82329154
We at least have one precedent with the end of times Lasombra blots out the sun bit.
Given the malus to sunlight that appear here and there in the various iterations of the discpline, what I would personally go with is: yes, it's possible in one form or another, at Methuselah level (8+).
That said, as mentioned upthread, it's your game, so if you want it to happen otherwise, just go with it (even if it's to later tone it back down by saying only the one vampire(s) could do it, and no one knows how/why).
Only thing that matters is that everyone around the table is OK with it and think it makes for cool moments.
>>
>>82329685
>>82329706
It's part of a set I bought as a lonely Xmas present for myself when I was in lockdown alone, but it's probably the least interesting out of the ones I got honestly.
I've found a elder tier power that gives the tenebrae power to resist sunlight, Fortify Against Ahura Mazda in the Players Guide to High Clans.
>>
>>82327318
Dreaming is a game I love to bits, but the players need to in a very particular place for the game to work. I wouldn't dare run a game right now, I know I wouldn't be up to par - too much of a grump.
One way to articulate the game is to first define what are the specific forms of banality eating away at the characters. Then from that work out the forms of escapism and from there particular events. Optimally, you don't want the dreaming/wonder bits to be too parallel to the mundane ones, asymptotic is more the aim, but one does what one can on the moment.

So Valerie. Boggan childling. A slow kid. Not necessarily stupid, but stunted. The aspects of banality that hurt her the most are the very help she's receiving - the care and attentions from parents, the doctors and professionals (speech therapist if only) trying to help her belong in a greater whole, while at the same time signifying her she's a broken piece, the repeated visits framing the disheartening schedule of her existence.
From that I would work that she has no enemies - those would have to come other PCs. What she has is situations. As a boggan, she loves order, her main conflict is in finding how she can bring it in ways that would satisfy her and the world both. Weird adventure trying to tame wild ingredients in order to bake the best magical pie ever are in order.
(Not a great example, but I did warn.)
>>
>>82329761
Assuming Low Satiety (which is very easy considering you an just spend satiety to increase even further whatever Atavisms you want), I would say that is a pretty tanky and sneaky killing machine.
The shadow abilities plus Illusion plus Basiliks allow for surprise attacks without effort, and the Limb/Relentless/Unbreakable mixture will keep you alive unless you are way over your head.
It lacks the subtetly of other builds and definitely nothing for social encounters (unless you have appropiate Nightmares to cover that), but overall pretty damn strong combat oriented char.
Would like to see it fight against woofs, deviants or prometheans.
>>
>>82329815
There you have it bud. If you can use those to cover yourself with shadows, then bust out the windows (or the roof), you can clear a room of enemy vampires with ease.
>>
>>82329821
Now, how would that work in a chronicle with other players?
>>
>>82329671
As someone that runs both V20 and V5 games... what's the point? Each game already exist. If you want V20, play V20. There's no point in "fixing" one game into the other.

>>82329857
Well, you work out each player's, and then you intertwine the results into a narrative frame that will support it all.
Same you'd do with any other game really, from that point.
>>
>>82329797
She's part of the Order of Hermes in the Shaea House and has a Pattern Essence.
>>
>>82329797
Who is she?
>>
>>82321019
>Shill's first day at work
Heh
>>
>>82329492
I mean, "I like X the way it is and don't like it when people try to make it Y" is stupidly innocuous. I get that V5 is a steaming pile of shit, but if you like steaming piles of shit I don't think there is anything wrong with just wanting to play with the steaming pile of shit. It's basically the most unexciting thing a person can say on the matter.
>>
File: 1637415097268.jpg (502 KB, 1485x1080)
502 KB
502 KB JPG
>>82328322
>Based on what you read here, it can be easy to assume that Changeling games are just slice-of-life nonsense full of magical femboys making out with each other, but that doesn't have to be the case.
Oh it definitely was, like >>82328585 said I had the wrong impression. I mean I like the magical twinks but now I see your list DOES give a lot of material for a cool sounding game. I know it's basic bitch tier but now I feel like reading about the hedge to see if it can have any parallels to Alice in Wonderland. I like those books. Thanks brahs.
>>
>>82329761
Killed by a hero
>>
>>82330059
>Alice in Wonderland
Yes, but not the disney version. Watch The Labyrinth (with david bowie) as well. It's a very good example for what an innocent in a lost game would be.
>>
>>82327736
That's just the way Watterson draws
>>
>>82330059
Alice in Wonderland can be treated as a human girl stumbling into the Hedge and running across several different varieties of Goblin, and the Hedge is definitely one of the more interesting parts of the setting, especially if you want to stray away from the Gentry-based stuff and just focus on generic fairy shenanigans. Nothing basic about being interested in that.
>>
>>82329915
>If you want V20, play V20.
The usual mix is V5 + homebrewed lore update for V20, which advances metaplot time and lore in a somewhat different direction relative to the baseline V5. Since some mechanics (clan banes, discipline spreads and so on) are derived from lore, they need to be homebrewed in turn, just a little bit.
Alternatively, V5 is more popular, so even V20 people think that introducing V5 players to some sketchy homebrew is easier than converting them to V20 wholesale. Same FOTM logic that makes people use D&D 5e for everything under the moon.
>>
File: 20211126_135716.jpg (2.06 MB, 2298x4032)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
Does anyone own any books? I've only got these and a hardback copy of VtM Revised, that's currently with a friend.
>>
>>82330620
I own all of lost and the 1e nwod core book as printed books. My CoC library is way bigger though.
>>
>>82330620
I own MtAw 2e and Signs of Sorcery.
>>
>>82330620
Own a copy of Revised, Dark Ages, and V20 corebook. It was a pleasant surprise to learn my sister also tried getting into VtM way back in the day.
>>
>>82330620
I own.
Revised, Dark Ages, Dark Ages Revised, Clanbook Assamite, Clanbook Setite, Clanbook Giovanni, Clanbook Lasombra, Clanbook Baali, Clanbook Tzimisce, Dark Ages Europe, Iberia by Night, Transylvanian Chronicles II (I think), Children of the Inquisition, Dark Ages Inquisitor, Storytellers Handbook Revised, Guide to the Sabbat, Liege Lord and Lackey, uhm... Gehenna, the Clan Novels... A good chunk of V20 too, including Core, Rites of Blood, the Companion, the Dark Ages 20, the Dark Ages Companion, Secret of the Clans, Guide to the Black Hand, urgh, probably a couple more.

I am forgetting a few. That is only for Vampire: Masquerade. I have for other lines (Mage and Werewolf, as well as the core for Changeling), and several Requiem 1st ed books (core, ghouls, nomads, coteries, and something else).

Also random couple Hunter and Demon supplements.
>>
>>82330773
Oh, and to my shame, V5 core and Camarilla book too.
>>
>>82330773
And Victorian ages, and guide to the anarchs, and a few others. Bah, I have a few, let's leave at that.
>>
>>82329761
Care to explain what any of this is/does for those of us who don't have the beast book?
>>
>>82329492
So that's the reason Oblivion exists?
>>
>>82331082
http://wodcodex.com/wiki/Atavisms
>>
>>82330620
Can I borrow your copy of Pokemon Brilliant Diamond, pal? And your switch too
>>
>>82326694
oh look its Fetish fag again, and you didn't even post the Troma pic, I am SO PROUD OF YOU!
>>
>>82328493
lol how was it a success then
>>
>>82328347
That just means you lack the points in Horny. Invest more points in Horny IRL.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (203 KB, 1280x720)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>82331129
Yeah bro when I'm done with it. Rate my team.
>>
>>82331128
That's an awfull lot of reading though...
>>
>>82331965
It's like five sentences per thing. It's the least amount of text you can read for an actual answer.
>>
>>82329154
>Could Obteneration shadows protect from sunlight?
Level 9 obtenebration. Outside of the Ante, I believe only 2 lasombras can do that.

>Could a Lasombra break a window and drench a room in sunlight but surround themselves with a living shadow to survive?
2 4th generation could. The rest, no.
But at lower levels Lasombra can enter the Abyss. So they could break a window and try to jump to the abyss before the sunlight hits.
>>
>>82329559
>I'll get the PDFs and have a read, it isn't covered in the clanbook either.
Look at Libbelus Sanguinis I- Masters of State. The power is called Tchernabog (page 31). The power is also mentioned in children of the night and the first edition clanbook.
For the sunlight destroying the power it is listed in the revised (when talking about the discipline) and 2e. Maybe in V20 or D20 but I have not checked.
>>
>>82331965
There are only 8 atavisms in that anon's post.
Each is like a discipline level, so to speak, or a deviant variation (without the scar).
>>
>>82329797
Silver Ladder Acanthus.
>>
>>82329797
A girl reading a book and imaginating stuff in her head.
Splat: Innocents.
Path and Order: N/A
>>
>>82330163
2E has that as an example media, with the Layrinth as an example of one of the ways the Hedge can look and Bowie as the perfect example of someone with the Goblin Queen condition.
>>
>>82332404
David Bowie was a true queen...
>>
File: 20211126_130245[1].jpg (2.76 MB, 4032x3024)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB JPG
>>82330620
I keep a few at my desk for referencing, the rest are in my bookshelf.
>>
>>82331965
>>82331993
Watcha guys think about the build?
>>
>>82332480
I have no thoughts. It's Beast, so I couldn't care less. Sorry. If it's anything like any other CofD game though I wouldn't really worry about the concepts of "builds" and instead take the things that look fun, you think will appear in the Chronicle, and are narratively appropriate for the character. You'll end up fine.
>>
>>82331515
3/10
>>
>>82332504
No problem sir or madam, sharing the atavisms was just for fun, the char is already like that. I was asking about its strength for a bit of pointless whiteroom conversation, but not many people even remember Beast exists, so its no matter.
>>
>>82332573
To be fair, it's less that people forget about it, its that we think its a bad game that shouldn't exist as it is.
>>
>>82332101
There are only two 4th Gen Lasombra?
Montano, Gratiano, Sybil (sire of Marcus Vitel), and is Boukephos still alive?
Not that being 4th Gen immediately implies you must have Obtenebration 9, or that specific Obtenebration 9 power, but considering they are all methuselahs, probably.
Anyway yes, two or four, doesn't matter.
>>
>>82332635
Depends if you count Encyclopaedia Vampirica as canon or not, given that is written in-character, which I personally don't.
>>
>>82332480
I've seen changelings scarier than that built.
However we know nothing about plot and mood of the game or about the character, so it's difficult to tell.
Overall it's a ???/10
>>
Fairest x Acanthus, or Fairest x Mastigos?
>>
>>82333319
Man x Woman.
>>
>>82333389
That's boring
>>
>>82333396
Try it at least once.
>>
>>82333319
Nagaraja x BSD.
>>
>>82333319
Fairest x Fairest
>>
>>82333468
Hunter x Hunter.

>>82333389
How can you say something so brave, yet so controversial?
>>
>>82333488
don't make me dig up Hisoka doujin
>>
>>82332635
>There are only two 4th Gen Lasombra?
No Libellus sanguinius explicitelly tells us that only the Ante, Montano and Boukephos can control this power and they don't teach it to anyone else.
>>
>>82333468
Catty bitches don't get along with other catty bitches
>>
>>82333319
Daeva x Galateid.
Only lesbian pairings, of course.
>>
>>82333539
uhm based?
>>
>>82330620
Most, if not all, books printed for Masquerade, (but then I only bought maybe barely a third of it... perk of being a perma DM, I guess), all oWoD cores (all editions), a good selection of Ascencion books, a few Requiem books (Damnation City), Lost core 1st ed...
Still only have V5 core and Camarilla/Anarch, but that's because for once I chose to take the translated version ( a couple of the players that wanted to try it don't speak English) and that's all that has been translated so far.
Technically I own most Dreaming books, but they're dispatched in good care among several people.
And then there's the non WoD related stuff... realistically, I own way too much, but I'm the unofficial second library for the local club, so I can lie to myself and pretend it's useful.
>>
File: Brujah.png (15 KB, 360x360)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
B
>>
How many of you assholes go to /lgbt/

>>>/lgbt/23340971
>>
>>82335213
ussy
>>
File: Eternal_Hearts.jpg (33 KB, 310x474)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>82330620
>all V5 books
>Guide to Sabbat
>Guide to Camarilla
>Player's Guide to Sabbat
>Gehenna
>Eternal Hearts
>13 Clan Novels
>first 3 DA Clan Novels
>Winter's Teeth vol. 1

I used to own Revised and Dark Ages Core Books, but sold them ages ago. I want to buy more pre-V5 books. Any suggestions?
>>
>>82335761
>>Eternal Hearts
post screens coward
>>
>>82335781
Not that anon but I own 2 Eternal Hearts
>>
>>82335540
Two minutes after you posting that, there is a post "Basically gangrel in a nutshell", so I think you are the one go goes there.
>>
>>82335629
>Noun
>bussy (plural bussies)

>(informal) bus driver

It was a cab driver anon, not a bus driver.
>>
i crave pale mekhet pussy
>>
>>82330620
>Does anyone own any books?
From Vampire the masquerade:
Corebooks from 2nd, revised, dark ages and revised. All the clanbooks for 2nd edition and malkavian, lasombra, tzimisce, ventrue for revised. Players guide 2nd edition, players guide to camarilla and sabbat, guide to the sabbat 2nd edition, book of nod, children of night, all the road books for dark ages, all the libenus sanguinius, Gehenna.
For Requiem: Corebook, clanbooks, the books for Requiem for Rome, bloodlines the legendary, boodlines the chosen, danse macabre, rites of the dragon and VII.
I also wasted money on V5.
I'm waiting to purchase v20 corebook (also dark ages) and lore of clans and bloodlines. I think my wife will give it to me but I'm not sure.
>>
>>82336356
>V20
You live in one of them countries where it's not sold in stores?
>>
>>82336400
Brazilian. So It's only by printing or importing. This is also one of the reasons that I'm waiting. I have 3 assimil spanish because of it (purchased one, and got one from my daughter and one from my wife).
>>
>>82336434
Sorry, assimil?
>>
>>82336444
French company. It publishes some language learning books. I have a small collection of books about it.
>>
File: IMG_20211127_032720.jpg (1.44 MB, 3120x4160)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
>>82335781
Here. It's easy to get on ebay.
>>
File: 1634592367231.jpg (85 KB, 424x736)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>82322622
>spoiler
>>
>>82337153
>Eternal Hearts
Absolute Madlad
>>
>>82324391
>You have to like popular things, if you don't you're a disingenuous contrarian
>>
>>82336434
>>82336465
Tell me about it. I got my Revised copy from my uncle who didn't want it anymore. One of my treasures really. How are those language books anyway? Been thinking about learning a third language, either French, Italian or German
>>
>>82337202
I don't know your mother language but I personally think they are amazing. They will probably get you with enough confidencie to be about high A2 or a initial B1 (if you use all the books). Some will only teach to A1-2 but are a little less comprehensive.

Professor Arguelles did a great review of language learning courses:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLvTEqXqlsI

This is the review of Assimil and explains a lot about the method. Frankly I think you can do well even with something like duolingo, but it will be more a test of will than anything else. Using Assimil, for example, is hard: 1 hour (later almost 2) every single day for months is something that not a lot of people will be able to do.
>>
>>82337153
Why is your guide to the Sabbat blue? Is it faded?
>>
>>82337256
>I don't know your mother language but I personally think they are amazing
Também sou brasileiro amigo
Is this like a natural approach/nature method thing? A friend of mine recommended me a similar set of books recently. Different company tho:
https://vivariumnovum.it/risorse-didattiche/propria-formazione/metodo-diretto-applicato-alle-lingue-moderne
Will take a look at these Assimil ones for sure, but I need to become more disciplined first.
>>
>>82337202
Considering you are surrounded by spanish speaking countries in a mostly spanish speaking continent, wouldn't spanish make more sense?
Then again I'm not brazilian.
>>
>>82337342
Oh, sorry, I thought you were the other guy.
If you speak portuguese you at least understand and even speak a fair bit of spanish, not accounting for accents, local dialects, etc. You're like 60-70% there, but even then it's not necessarily worth it. Most people value english or other european languages more for business and the like. Mandarin is picking up too, but it's not that widespread or needed. Personally, I don't care for the language, and the other 3 also tie to a cultural interest in the countries where they came from, while spanish speaking countries range from boring to nightmarish
>>
>>82337312
It's just the spine, I got it used from ebay. The rest of the cover is green.
>>
File: WODgypsies.jpg (55 KB, 600x812)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>82337182
It's a very peculiar title. I don't know how it happened that it was released. There's always someone "We don't talk about it". And yet here it is and it's official porn. I needed to make it part of my collection just because it exists.

I'm also thinking about getting Gypsies, because people get offended by it.
>>
>>82337320
I personally love Assimil. It's a lot more natural than our courses. BUT, most of the books in portuguese of assimil are outdated. You will find with ease versions from 193X or 194X that, while good, are a bit outdated. The most recent version I think is only in English and french.
Como vc é brasileiro, talvez seja uma boa os livros do curso de idioma globo. Eles são antigos mas um pouco mais modernos que os Assimil q vc vai achar em locais como estante virtual (e vc pode baixar na net sem problemas tb) Vc pode usar os primeiros volumes para conhecer a lingua e aprender um pouco do basico antes de avançar mais. Os avançados são melhores que muitos cursos caros. Normalmente eles pegam filmes antigos e ficam ensinando a entender. Cria um e-mail falso no gmail (se eu postar aqui esse povo denuncia e fode tudo) e eu te envio o . link para os cursos da globo. Eu não tenho os do assimil pq eu prefiro comprar mas vc acha em torrent tb.
>>
>>82337846
Feito. Aproveita os cursos.
>>
>>82337940
Feito man, tmj
>>
File: 1606160756249.gif (843 KB, 498x479)
843 KB
843 KB GIF
So how has the VtM plot progressed since the relaunch and drama? Has it gotten any better? Do we know what the Elders and Sabbat have been up to yet?
>>
SO how much control does Pentex have in China?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWUDrZcdhg0
>>
>>82338734
We need more werewolves fighting the Chinese Pentex fishing armada. Shit is getting extinction-level dangerous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PPP7sRlHEE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yV3Uj8qbCU
>>
>>82338781
the Beast Courts are clearly on the back foot if they have managed to let this happen on their watch PENTEX China must be cracking down hard on Dragon Nests.
>>
>>82338808
man a beast courts game would really sell that pure desperation that classic WtA had with the use of current china
>>
File: 1535554194432.png (865 KB, 1024x768)
865 KB
865 KB PNG
>>82338781
Is the world just fucking doomed at this point? Is it the End Times?
>>
>>82338781
the image of that lady just, snatching a random sparrow from the flock with her bare hands has some of that 90's art vibes, just... such naked consuming hunger shown off like it was normal
>>
>>82338981
Surviving the worst famine in human history will do that to a culture.
>>
>>82339006
at the same time I don't like the implications, its like the culture wide trauma has turned them into a nation of human locusts
>>
>>82338781
this looks like its one step from those mecha worm things sucking up the earth in the pearl jam music video
>>
>>82338781
makes me think the Eco-types wagging the finger ate Europ and American and such, are just chinese funded diversions to make nobody notice the actual size of the chinese problem
>>
>>82327307
season is ending, Calli is swapping out players for whatever comes next.
...no more clear information than that.
>>
>>82330620
>Blades in the Dark
I see you support woke publishers...
>>
>>82338892
Man, hopefully
>>
>>82339143
Yeah, I have to balance out Chechnya the Masquerade with something.
I'm not getting into this arguement again, but being right wing and into WoD is very funny
>>
>>82340132

>>82340132

>>82340132

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.