[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: matriarchy.jpg (271 KB, 1025x1290)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>"Magic is a thing foreign to the male, and therefore disquieting." - Robert Jordan, "Warrior of the Altaii"

What are your thoughts on gendered systems in /tg/-related settings? The most famous I can think of is that of Drow's matriarchy influcing everything from their politics to their magic. But what Magic in general being a thing only done by men? A knightly order only allowing in women?
>>
File: d-1.jpg (68 KB, 552x462)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>82310405
I think Reddit is more your speed.
>>
>>82310405
Gender requirements are fine for fluff, but not for crunch. I am fine with an order of knights that only accepts women as long as the game does not limit the skills of “Sword Fighting” and “Horsemanship” to women specifically.
>>
>>82310405
Depends on the setting.
>>
>>82310503
In which settings are you okay with gendered systems? In which settings are you not okay with gendered systems?
>>
>>82310405
The same Robert Jordan who made men Just Better at magic in his landmark fantasy series?
>>
>>82310581
Warrior of the Altaii is one of his earliest stories. He was feeling certain things out in that book that would be flipped in WoT
>>
File: Silvermaids.png (30 KB, 380x295)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>82310405
I mean if we're going with Drow, before 3e cucked it all, female drow could be Warriors or Priests (or both), and male drow could be Mages of Warriors (or both), or rogues if they were dishonorable scum.

>>82310499
Skills can be gender neutral, but specific roles in society, or even clergy being restricted is fine.
If you want to break it at your table, break it at your table, but it being built into the system helps define the setting the system is supposed to represent.
>>
>>82310460
>if I don’t want to talk about it, it shouldn’t be talked about here
>>
>>82310598
3e male drow were still mages and fighters though. The only thing a man couldnt be is a cleric/priestly type.
>>
>>82310714
Or head of house*.
>>
File: DotU2eWizardFight.jpg (585 KB, 790x1027)
585 KB
585 KB JPG
>>82310714
3e got rid of muh merchant males being excellent politicans.
>>
>>82310405
>What are your thoughts on gendered systems in /tg/-related settings?

I've always been fond of a setting where women are generally better at magic to give them a more believable place as combatants on the average battlefield, while males are outliers in either direction - they're either really good or complete garbage, with little middle ground between those extremes.

I've always never been against women combatants, but I do think they should be approached from the position they generally have IRL - either as rare outliers who are able to keep pace with men, but have the bodies to match it; largely ceremonial or as political agents more than straight-up soldiers; or compensated with technology or magic to the point where their biological differences are irrelevant from a combat standpoint (al la Sisters of Battle in 40k being entirely the equal of an unaugmented human male in similar equipment Space Marines don't count as they're so heavily genemodded that they're basically not even human anymore due to their advanced equipment, lifetime of combat training, and The Power of Infinite Money.
>>
File: 1610290648916.jpg (381 KB, 1280x1800)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>82310864

Have you tried not playing FATAL?
>>
>>82310598
>before 3e fixed it all
ftfy
>>
>>82310405
I think it tends to draw a very specific flavor of power fantasy to your door.
If that's your audience go for it, but I for one wouldn't want to cater to anyone who likes the magic system and social dynamic of, IDK, Anne Bishop's Black Jewel series;
>All the women have higher potential to magic by default
>Magic men rare and mostly culled out of existence
>Women have instinctual power over men and the dynamic becomes toxic such that men are enslaved as a regular occurrence
>Society based around collaring men and breaking girls before they realize their full potential for vindictive or political reasons
It's cancer.
>verification not required
>>
>>82313195
Sounds fun, I’ll check it out
>>
>>82310405
They're dumb and have no place in modern systems.
>>
File: 5e D&D Players.jpg (70 KB, 500x500)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>82310405
Based, honestly. It obviously highly depends on setting, but as long as it makes sense in-universe, there is no reason *not* to do it, and throughout history there has been no shortage of gendered cultural norms in terms of varying jobs or educations.

And it's almost always kino when it appears in Fantasy.

>>82310499
>NOOO YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE NARRATIVE-MECHANICAL FIDELITY NOOO YOU CAN'T DO THIS I NEED MY HECKIN' MINMAXERINO AND/OR UNIQUIRIFIC SUES WITHOUT HAVING TO ASK THE GM NOOOOO
Actual literal shit opinion, and discarded for being genuinely homosexual.

>>82310460
Is this the new thing redditors of /tg/ are doing? Telling people to go back to plebbit, hoping we won't spot you, or something? You need to go back.
>>
>>82310748
To be fair, heads of houses are almost always members of the clergy of Lolth. At least before they started making drow gay in 5e or whatever, I dunno I don't pay attention to transexual games.
>>
>>82310405

that they should follow the sex differences in intelligence bell curve.
>>
>>82313195
Magic is determined by how much cock you suck.
>>
Men can't do magic because they actually understand what they're doing which makes it science.
>>
>>82315037
What if your head game is trash? Is one good blowjob grant as much mana as ten bad ones?
>>
File: Needelf.jpg (85 KB, 376x467)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>82315050
This makes a lot of sense when you think about it.
>>
>>82315299
Magic is stored in the balls.
Unfortunately this makes most men unable to access it because it must reach the heart blood to turn into mana.
Taking the magic on the chest (okay)
Swallowing the magic (good)
Or taking the magic rectally (great)
Determines how much mana you have.
While quantity is certainly a major factor, a thicker, longer fermented, amount of magic extracted at the heights of physical release is a much more potent fuel source.
>>
>>82314390
You won't make it past the third name of a person/place pal, but if that doesn't stop you god help you when you get to the cock rings.
>Saetan SaDiablo
>Daemon Sadi
>Lucivar Yaslana
>Andulvar Yaslana
>Mephis SaDiablo
>>
>>82315050
Wow that drawing is pretty close to our mythological wizards, they call down lighting and plagues tho, Satanist plagues
>>
>>82315465
What’s your problem with those names?
>>
>>82318372
Slav?
>>
>>82319273
Lol, yes, but which flavor of Slav?
>>
>>82310460
>everything I don’t like is reddit
>>
>>82310460
Did you get called a Reddit nigger or something and now you’re seething and troon spamming this across the catalogue in avatarfag esq fashion?
>>
Gendered systems are fine if we're playing some historical earth setting (since those systems did actually exist) but I do expect a major theme of the campaign to be us, the player characters, overturning or at least challenging those systems.

If it's purely fictional, then it has no place in a modern game at all. There is no reason to have such a thing other than trying to live out some misogynistic power fantasy of the setting creator. I always laugh when I see nerds say shit like, "Oh, I can excuse the dragons and the flying wizards, but I DRAW THE LINE AT WOMEN IN MY KNIGHTLY ORDER!!!"
>>
>>82319506
bulgarian
>>
>>82319827
>Rants about misogyny
>When the OP post was about women having an advantage over men
Wow, you are actually, unironically, obsessed
>>
>>82310405
In my setting there is external and internal magic, while they can both be learned by either gender only women/men can master internal/external respectively. What this means is men end up archmage wizards and women grandmaster monks.
>>
>>82319827
I think it's kind of misogynistic that you're ideologically disposed to wanting women to be put into situations where they will be run through with swords and spears.
>>
>>82310405
Bad if it's some woke feminist bullshit or some le based tradcath bullshit. Okay if it's interesting and doesn't reek of modern day social commentary.
>>
>>82319827
>There is no reason to have such a thing other than trying to live out some misogynistic power fantasy
>do expect a major theme of the campaign to be us, the player characters, overturning or at least challenging those systems.
Anon, reread what you just wrote.
>>
File: Bene Gesserit.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
I'm fine with men-only/women-only shit, AS LONG AS THEY ANSWER THE TRANSGENDER QUESTION!

I don't even care if the answer is disgustingly transphobic or not, I just want there to be an answer so I know if I should ignore the setting or not.

Can transgender men join the setting's expy of the Knights Templar? Can transgender drow women lead their households? Can transgender women join the Bene Gesserit?
>>
>>82310405
Its more a piece of advice in chargen than actual rules, but my setting has that 'women are better at magic' rule acknowledged in setting. I just tell people this and that full caster men arent that common, and more gish style male casters are. They can still make one but if they want to mesh well with the setting it gives them an option by making their male casters gimped in some way.

You could hard stat it or make class restrictions, but half my players are fussy retards who will literally rage and bitch they cant play a tortle in a completely different setting than where its from. I hope yours are better but odds are they are at least marginally similar in some way to any sort of restrictions for the sake of worldbuilding or story.
>>
>>82319961

But if a setting doesn't have an internet connection how will pedophiles convince children to be trans?
It's not whether there is an answer to the question, the question is irrelavent.
>>
>>82320036
Based
>>
>>82320036
Transgendered people have existed throughout history, bigot.
>>
>>82320060
So have pedophiles. The past was lucky enough that sheer geography prevented them from mass indoctrinating the global youth into mutilating themselves for their own abusive sexual gratification.
>>
>>82319961
>Can transgender women join the Bene Gesserit?

It’s not outright stated they can, but one of the founding members of the order in “Sisterhood of Dune” (2012) is unambiguously trans
>>
>>82314972
When sufficiently developed, the larva of the sessile species finds a suitable rock and cements itself in place. The larval form is not capable of feeding, though it may have a rudimentary digestive system,[36] and is only a dispersal mechanism. Many physical changes occur to the tunicate's body during metamorphosis, one of the most significant being the reduction of the cerebral ganglion, which controls movement and is the equivalent of the vertebrate brain. From this comes the common saying that the sea squirt "eats its own brain".[37] However, the adult does possess a cerebral ganglion which may even be larger than in the embryonic stage, so the scientific validity of this joke is questionable.[38] In some classes, the adults remain pelagic (swimming or drifting in the open sea), although their larvae undergo similar metamorphoses to a higher or lower degree.[29] Colonial forms also increase the size of the colony by budding off new individuals to share the same tunic.[39]
>>
>>82319961
gender bending has been found to be a disease and an act against God's light, and has been purged from the gene pool

much like communism
>>
>>82310460
Tourist
>>
>>82310405
>What are your thoughts on gendered systems in /tg/-related settings?
I have no problem with it if it contributes to the fun of the game.
If it's done to score cheap ideological points, however, it can fuck off.
>>
>>82320253
How could it ever contribute to the fun of the game?
>>
>>82320265
Fuck if I know.
Never used it.
But the key word here is "if".
>>
>>82320274
Why would you propose an "if" statement that you know isn't possible?
>>
>>82320289
I never said it's impossible, I merely don't have any idea, much less interest in using said ply, myself.
>>
>>82319961
My amazon expy, and lady knightly order has an answer to the transgender question. Men cannot be women, women cannot be men.
>>
>>82319928
Nothing wrong with that.
>>
Us of a should not exist. You people are hopeless
>>
>>82320274
It could be appropriate in a social costume drama. Some Wuthering Heights with orcs and wizards shit.
>>
>>82310405
A setting inspired by Norse mythology perhaps should have gender-based magic. Men can only do runes, because actual sorcery beyond that requires singing incantations in high-pitched voice and being in touch with your femininity. So, only women and some really feminine gays can use galdr.
Also, I remember seeing an idea somewhere with female magic users being capable to see the future but not to change it, and male magic users being able to change the future but not to see it.
>>
>>82319102
Nevermind anon, enjoy your rape books
>>
>>82320518
Ohhhh, is this why Loki is trans?
>>
>>82320524
Loki is trans because he is a yotun. They are capable magicians, and some can change sex. Reminder that Loki is the 'mother' of Odin's horse Sleipnir.
>>
>>82320522
>t. My idea of good creativity is SOOO much better than yours
>>
>>82320060
But they have only recently started proselytising using the internet. In the past they were rare: freaks, even.
>>
>>82320565
Loki getting fucked in that story is some historical top kek material. I bet many laughs were had during retellings at parties.
>>
>>82319506
Since we're talking Slavs, Ukrainians (and some other folks, I suppose) have female witches, and male "dvoyedushniks" - "double-souls" - living vampires. It's considered that a double-soul can be born by a witch or a woman cursed by a witch. He is always male, and has 2 souls in him - one human and one demonic. This makes him invulnerable to diseases, as strong as ten people, extremely durable, resistant to poisons, and very good at magic. A living vampire is so strong he subjugates all witches in the near vicinity, but when he dies, his human soul goes to heaven or hell (sometimes it can't leave body and go to heaven until you break the roof above), but demonic soul remains in the body and raises him as a more familiar undead vampire.
There's also a Ukrainian male-specific type of sorcerers - "harakternyks" - cossack battle mages - according to legends, were capable of making their skin bullet-proof, catch bullets shot at them and throw them back at enemies, turn into wolves, bears, or hawks, cure wounds with laying hands, become invisible, curse enemy armies, make magic guns and sabres, protect themselves from fire, enchant their treasures so that you can't find them without magic, and so on.
>>
>>82320883
Are the living vampires inherently good or evil in life?
>>
>>82321039
No, they can be either, it's up to them. It's only when they die that the demon takes over.
>>
>>82321066
Is there anything they can do in life to prevent the demon from taking over after they die?
>>
>>82321078
Only make sure as their last will that they're buried face down and/or with a wooden stake through heart.
>>
>>82320709
They only became demonized in the 1500s. before that, no one gave a fuck. The fact that they're in almost every culture's myths shows this.
Stop believing in memes.
>>
>>82319928
Many male feminists are predators, others are scavengers.
>>
File: t (9).webm (2.93 MB, 854x480)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>>82321210
I hope local law enforcement knows your location.
>>
>>82321357
Story?
>>
>>82321592
The greatest story never told
>>
>>82321039
Yeah
>>
>>82321298
This right wing meme has been disproven a thousand times before
>>
>>82310581
Technically he made them stronger, but with less finesse (in general)
>>
>>82320584
Haha, read the books then
You'll understand that I'm not really joking that rape is a central drive for the plot
If the antagonists don't make your eyes roll back into your skull so hard they stick then you know you like shallow overly evil edgy villans.
It was one of my fav book series, then I grew up
>>
>>82320060
Yes. And they were always considered abominations and treated as such.
Glorifying mental illness and encouraging children and adults to partake in sexually deviant activity for social brownie points, is what's new.

>>82321210
Delusional. Don't confuse the rare deviancy of the upper classes with normalcy. Trannies were always abhorred, for exactly the same reasons they are abhorred now + their sins against God.
>>
>>82323147
You have never even touched a book, let alone read one
>>
>>82323224
I read books daily. What us the last nonfiction book you have read?
>>
>>82323263
Speed and Scale by John Doerr
>>
>>82323287
Great.
Although it seems that to solve the climate crises we first need to hang:
- every person who ever had anything to do with a "Green" party
- The Chinese
- The Indians
- Trannies

If the book isn't proposing that you might as well put it in the trash...
>>
>>82323361
Again, you don’t read books
>>
>>82323617
Yes, I do. Just finished one two days ago, still in the middle of "growth of the soil" and some malazan side novel.
Last nonfiction I read was the Holy Bible.
>>
>>82323361
>>82323638
Do you not believe Jesus included the Chinese and Indians when he said “thy neighbors”
>>
>>82324074
I think that "neighbors" has both a literal and general meaning and is layered as such.
Obviously I care the most for/about the people closest to me, both physically and emotionally. At the same time we should consider that just because some human is a certain distance away from us and as such totally unknown to us, we still have to regard him as fully human and just the same created in God's image.

I would want no injury upon any Chinese or Indian, based on their existence as such. But if you are a climate alarmist and believe that an extinction level event is coming within a few generations and the Chinese and Indians, by their mere existence as industrial producers, are significantly causing that, then your (utilitarian) self should draw some consequences...

The reality is that many nations are gambling that their industrial growth outweighs the risks of a global warming catastrophe, how do you get those to act against their own (at least perceived) rational self interest?
>>
>>82324175
So, again, you think that Moses didn't include them under the whole "Thou shall not kill" thing?
>>
>>82324373
>So, again, you think that Moses didn't include them under the whole "Thou shall not kill" thing?
Can you even read? Do you have a brain?

Firstly, Moses law was obviously fulfilled by Christ and as such shouldn't be treated as "final".
“Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:” (Mat 5:21, KJV)
“But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.” (Mat 5:22, KJV).
Secondly, I LITERALLY said that I don't wish harm upon anybody. Are you incapable of reading? Or understanding what a hypothetical is?
>>
>>82324435
See >>82323361
>need to hang:
>The Chinese
>The Indians
>>
>>82324435
>Complains about being taken out of context
>Proceeds to take verses out of context to apply them to something they never were meant to cover in the first place
>>
>>82324435
So why don’t you start with yourself then? You racists always seem to want to start with anyone except for yourselves
>>
>>82322925
Not the guy you were replying to, but It makes sense within the context of his world. The Aes Sedai hunted down women with talent to the point that mediocre was considered "good". Men who could channel did not share this demand so the ones who were found to have the innate talent for it were on average more skilled than their female counterparts. This doesn't mean that all the men are categorically stronger, just that they were more responsive to the power in general. The same can be said about the women of the two rivers such as Egwene, Nyneave, and Bodewhin. It's just supply and demand.
>>
>>82324455
Did you miss the "to solve the climate crisis"?

Do you understand what a hypothetical scenario is? Do you understand that humans can make statements talking about things they do not believe in?
>>
>>82324485
Disgusting
>>
>>82324485
Lmao, so you’re admitting to being a coward?
>>
>>82324462
>>Proceeds to take verses out of context to apply them to something they never were meant to cover in the first place
I LITERALLY applied them to nothing. Except to show that the law of Moses was superseded.
You are dreaming stuff up.

>>82324475
Start with what?
>>
>>82324495
Those verses never applied to the Commandments in the first place, they applied to the desert laws of Moses.
>>
>>82324493
Hypothetical scenarios?

>>82324494
Are you a bot?

>>82324504
Totally immaterial.
>>
>>82324533

Ah, so the fraud reveals himself
>>
>>82324533
Thanks for admitting your failings.
>>
>>82324533
>Totally immaterial.

THAT'S LITERALLY THE ENTIRE ARGUMENT YOU BASED YOUR SHITTY RESPONSE ON, ARE YOU SAYING YOUR ENTIRE RANT WAS "TOTALLY IMMATERIAL"?????
>>
>>82324554
>THAT'S LITERALLY THE ENTIRE ARGUMENT
What argument?
>>
>>82324582
Your argument.
>>
>>82324540
?
>>82324542
?

Seems like bot responses...

>>82324589
Which in particular?
>>
>>82324593
Glad to see you aren't even brave enough to back up the posts that are publically available in this thread
>>
>>82324593

Says the obvious bot
>>
File: x97XpXtU.jpg (14 KB, 400x400)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>82310405
>Testosterone is a natural magic inhibitor.
>Testosterone represents hard reality
>Magic represents effeminate non-reality
>Directed magical attacks do not affect high T males
>High T males in fact act as walking anti-magic zones
>Mages are entirely made up of femboys and women
>They all have secret fetishes for being overpowered by magic disrupting manly men.
>Magic battles and curses are entirely the purview of weak, effeminate males and women
>Gigachad warriors will occasionally show up to remind the magocracy how frail their rule truly is
>>
File: Out of the Abyss.jpg (819 KB, 1958x2560)
819 KB
819 KB JPG
>>82319961
>Can transgender drow women lead their households?
If you had played "Out of the Abyss" you would know the answer already.

It is yes
>>
>>82324629
Why would "High T males" be resistant to having a 10 ton rock dropped on their heads?

Does testosterone deny the existence of gravity and density?
>>
>>82324625
What are you on about? I stand behind everything I say.

Do you think the ""climate crisis"" can be solved without Chiba radically changing its policies in ways it obviously does not want?
Or are we talking about something else?
>>
>>82324662
Do you think that Jesus would stand by your statement in >>82323361 that we need to hang "The Chinese" and "The Indians"?
>>
>>82324626
What subject are we even talking about?
>>
>>82324672

Your canned responses to being called out as the idiot you are
>>
File: 1631415849986.png (222 KB, 645x466)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
>>82310405
>Drow
>Matriarchy
The Drow "civilization" is so pants-on-head retarded that it requires constant propping up by a literal goddess just to continue its day to day existence.

An entire book series was written on the absolute shitstorm of consequences from slave rebellions to foreign invasion that would occur if Llolth stopped giving her ruling priestess class god powers for even a few weeks.

It was called "war of the spider queen" and the Drow got their shit kicked in by a single Dwarven nation the moment they realized the priestesses had lost their constant contact with their mommy dommy.
>>
>>82324659
>Why would "High T males" be resistant to having a 10 ton rock dropped on their heads?
A true high T male would simply lift the rock and backhand the frail beta male into submission.
Or alternatively grab the feisty dame and tame her with a good dicking.
>>
>>82324691
So magic in your setting is so weak that it cannot lift anything greater than what an adult male already can lift?
>>
>>82324671
Do you not understand conditionals? Do you not speak English very well.

I think my statement is, roughly, true and since God is all true he stands behind my statement, yes.

Although I never stated that anybody should be killed, just that to reach a certain end people would need to die.

>>82324676
???
>>
File: 1558688191788.jpg (128 KB, 1000x887)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>82324659
>Why would "High T males" be resistant to having a 10 ton rock dropped on their heads?
AOE and environmental effects would be the only way mages would have to fight the Chad fighter classes.
>>
>>82324705
Your God can only describe reality in "roughly" true manners? lmao
>>
>>82324705
Agains with the bot reply
>>
>>82324705

Wait, you unironically believe that Jesus thinks hanging a group of people because of their ethnicity is okay?
>>
File: 1576558713237.jpg (43 KB, 610x612)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>82324703
>>82324659
Depends on the range of anti-magic
A standard gymbro level 5 bitch fighter would have a 50ft radius where all magic simply stopped working. So geo effects like "pulling a rock on top of their heads" also wouldn't work unless it was a mechanical trap or they did it from more than 50ft away.

A true Chad lvl 20 fighter would basically neutralize all magic within a mile radius.
Female sorcerers would get wet at the very idea of being dominated and held down by his sweaty muscular body the moment their magic stopped working as they would know he was on his way.
>>
>>82324739
You do realize that Anti-Magic is also it's own form of Magic, yes?
>>
>>82324723
>Your God can only describe reality in "roughly" true manners?
My friend, I think you need to study up on English, that has no relation to what I said.
I said MY statement.

>>82324737
No. I never even alluded to any such thing, as you would know, if you could read my posts.
Even if you ignore the IF clause the hanging would be because their economic output, not the ethnicity.
>>
>>82324750
sounds like the logic of a low T basedcuck sorcerer femboy.
>>
>>82324761
Alright, I'll rephrase, do you think Jesus would be okay with hanging a group of people because of their economic output?
>>
>>82324761
Your English is that of the common streetwalker and your god is your own delusion.
>>
>>82324739
>A true Chad lvl 20 fighter would basically neutralize all magic within a mile radius.

Unironically, that would make that character one of the strongest magic-users in almost every single setting
>>
>>82324772
>do you think Jesus would be okay with hanging a group of people because of their economic output?
Obviously not, I quoted bible verses and repeatedly argued that this is not the case. I made exactly zero statements advocating that.

>>82324779
Didn't ask.
>>
>>82324793
So you will argue that >>82323361 is not a post you made?

Or are you arguing that the Climate Crisis isn't real?
>>
>>82324810
Its obviously made by me.
But I don't want to solve the climate crises, since (as I said) the solution would require the hanging of millions upon millions, which I can accept on a moral basis and thus I oppose the solving of the climate crisis.
>>
>>82324831
And you think your ever-loving god left that as the only solution? You think his reality is "Either hang all these people or everyone dies from the non-humaning of the environment0"?
>>
>>82324786
>Unironically, that would make that character one of the strongest magic-users in almost every single setting
And yet
Doesn't know nor care how to cast a single spell
Only how to impregnate women wizards, dominate femboy sorcerers, and bring the pain.
>>
>>82324862
Still doesn't change the fact that he is powerful because of a gift he never had to work for, not because of his own efforts.
>>
>>82324858
>or everyone dies from the non-humaning of the environment0"?
I think this is not the case, but if it were it would be preferable.

In fact god promised yo not wipeout humanity ever again, so your concerns are not valid, even if a climate crisis would turn out to be real.
>>
>>82324891
Ah, so you'll ignore the science in favor of a flood myth, that's a great sign of your "intelligence"...
>>
>>82324877
>a gift he never had to work for, not because of his own efforts.
Sorcerers...
>>
>>82324903
I trust an omnipotent being over some scientists, yes.

We could talk about a lot of stuff, but frankly I DO NOT CARE. Since there is no solution to the climate crisis, if real, that anybody would carry out. Therefore the discussion is totally irrelevant.
>>
>>82324921
Not saying they aren't power fantasies either, but your "YOUR MAGICS HAVE NO POWER OVER ME" character is an even bigger self-indulgent fantasy.
>>
>>82324931
I'm still interested in the fact that you think your "benevolent" god made a reality where the only solution to the climate crisis is genocide.

You think your god would leave that as the only solution if he actually loved humanity?
>>
>>82310405
I personally think the greatest example of a heavily gendered world, that still manages to be coherent and interesting, AND doesn't fall into muh feminism or muh patriarchy is Wheel of Time.

The constant reinforcement of the concept that men and women are DIFFERENT but COMPLEMENTARY is in nearly every facet of the worldbuilding. Female Channelers have a bunch of strengths that men don't, but male Channelers can do things that females can't. And no matter how hard either try, eventually they will need each other for something. Circles (pooling your magic together) of Channelers are limited in size if they only contain one gender, for example.

These tropes carry into more facets of WoT's worldbuilding, the Dark One's evil magic is genderless, for example. Trollocs are unisex. Most major characters that have any sort of growth do so through interactions with the opposite sex. Egwene is a notable standout in this and is universally despised as a character that has very little growth.
>>
>>82324946
Its not the only solution (obviously).

Also, yes. If what you say is true the climate crisis is man made and as such the result of (collective) free will. Bad things happen, to individuals and to groups, but what you have to realize is that *God's kingdom is not of the world*.
>>
>>82310581
Men can generally channel more raw power but can't do a bunch of weaves women do because they're too subtle. I believe the comparison is that men wrestle the Power under control and women coax it into doing what they want.
>>
>>82320151
fuck outta here with that gay science shit nigga
>>
>>82320132
>Taking anything written by Brian Herbert seriously
It's noncanon as far as anyone who gives a shit about Dune is concerned. Fuck Brian Herbert and Fuck what he's done to his father's legacy
>>
>>82310598
Males could be priests, Drow had gods other than Lolth. It's just that they weren't because D&D's races in the gygax and forgettable realms era were shallow stereotypes.
>>
>>82321592
tranny is a trainwreck, all the usual mental illnesses - BPD, ODD, plus substance abuse, drives drunk and well. He's a car wreck too.
>>
>>82322808
Sure, buddy.
>>
File: 1635469338357.jpg (62 KB, 851x820)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>82321357
>Its always a 6'4'' potential chad turning into a tranny goon
>>
File: 1605107419306.png (104 KB, 640x493)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
them tiddies be so magical
they turnt this here thread gay
lawd them lips, and saxy hips
enchant the very day
them there curves are sorcery
what lays the mountains low
oh conjure me
into your pussy
or maybe your asshooooolee!!

gonna pick one!
>>
>>82326354
Based.
Apu bard confirmed.
>>
>>82324946
The fault in your reasoning is taking Christianity at face value; God hates humanity, reality reflects his scorn.

>You think your god would leave that as the only solution if he actually loved humanity?
It is certainly the most practical, isn't it? Removing a surplus population that provides only the most menial services which can be replaced with automated systems is to the benefit of those overqualified to perform the same tasks. Reduce demand, reduce production, reduce pollution; the world is given more time to fix its terminal decline. The real tragedy is regardless of whether or not human organizations follow through on such a solution the world itself will carry it out absent of discrimination. Either way, a lot of people are going to die.
>>
>>82319961
Transgender women are men. It’s that simple.
>>
>>82327057
And neither shall you ever be a real man with that hatred in your heart.
>>
>>82327006
I thought gnostics went extinct two thousand years ago...
>>
>>82327347
The very fact you know of them says otherwise.
>>
>>82327507
Russians and French brought that particular strain philosophy back to... some kind of undeath at the turn of the last century, but they didn't make any significant impact, unless you subscribe to the theory that Fascism was based on gnosis, but ditched the pacifism.
>>
>>82327006
Wrong! The bible says otherwise.
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (Joh 3:16, KJV)
“For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” (Joh 3:17, KJV)
>>
>>82327230
Hatred is one of our most primal and important emotions. It's extremely useful. Many things deserve hate and hatred of them is a handy defense mechanism.
Trying to tell people to not feel one of the most important primal emotions is about as insane as cutting off your own genitals in an attempt to magically transform them into a vagina.
>>
>>82327230
No. The abominations trans ideology makes of humans is the thing that speaks of hatred.
I could not hate a troon so much that I would wish him SRS, yet they still are gruesomely mutilated for the extremely sick profit of pharma corporation's and the collective validity of troon society.
>>
>>82324679

To be fair, any society where divine powers are not usable would collapse in FR
>>
>>82324679
The drow are a satirical tale of how retarded any matriarchy would be and how ridiculous it is to have women in power.
>>
>>82321592
There was this guy, who faked his death, became a woman and tried to sell people a three wheeled car.
She's not this assclown. But you asked for a story, and mine is probably way more interesting than whatever the fuck is going on here.
>>
>>82327347
Gnostics are very eager to infiltrate, hide and subvert. Such is the scum they are.
>>
I like it as a idea as long as it serves the story and isn't just the author putting in a femdom fetish.

Save that for porn.
>>
>>82321210
This. Greeks and Norse had entire gods dedicated to Transexuals. It also happened so fucking often in myths, you really have to wonder.
>>
>>82327933
I think you misspelled 'Jews', Gnostics are their enemies.
>>
>>82329103
Literally never happened that some male god thought he was an uwu female. Yes, they transformed, but Zeus was always unambiguously male. And him becoming a (literal) bull does not justify someone's fur fetish.

Thankfully those pagan degeneracies were eradicated, long before 1500 by the way.
>>
>>82329103
Transforming from male to female is magic that proves how powerful and mysterious the Gods are. It doesn't reinforce or endorse mortal males acting like females or the existence of some in between state. If anything it's the opposite, such transformations are only possible through the God's magic and mortals are in a fixed state unless the Gods intervene.
Norse specifically has that famous story about Loki being a female horse, but it was a cautionary tale because he was trapped as such by his own hubris. There's a comedic tale of Thor and Loki disguised as women that ends in Thor murdering everyone. And the Greeks have a while comedic play about how a bunch of women pretend to be men to become Senators and fuck everything up.

Anything deeper than a casual summary of most of these tales shows that the cultures cited by troons as having these Troon positive views were really either making fun of them, or showing how amazing their gods were. There are a couple tribal cultures that more heavily feature troonish ideas but they're all primitive African and Island shit. No major European civilization did anything close to "celebrating" transexuals. Tolerating the vanishingly small numbers of naturally occurring transexuals is about as far as that gets, and that rate is below 0.5%.
>>
>>82310405
>"Warrior of the Altaii"
Is that the one where the main character is such a barbarian chad that he's captured by the evil queen for the sole purpose of being a sex slave?
>>
>>82324629
>>Gigachad warriors will occasionally show up to remind the magocracy how frail their rule truly is

Reshape rock with magic to create rock walls just outside the range of this tiny antimagic field. Trap him inside of a sealed room of rock with no gaps for air. Let him die in darkness.

Or, you know, just shoot him with crossbows. If you are the magocracy, its not like you don't have an army too.
>>
>>82329844
>Literally never happened that some male god thought he was an uwu female. Yes, they transformed, but Zeus was always unambiguously male.

He said greek AND Norse. Or are you going to ignore that time that Loki turned into a female horse and got fucked and impregnated by a stallion and gave birth to Sliepnir?

Hell, there is one surviving story where Loki shows up to a party and he and Odin start shit talking each other, and one of their rounds of bantz included both of them reminding the other of times they were turned into women. Loki makes reference to Odin spending a year as a milkmaid/wetnurse, which Odin doesn't deny. As far as we can tell that's just some lost tale because christian monks never wrote it down.

Back on the Greek side of things, while you didn't have a god of changing back and forth you DID have Hermaphroditus, who was born with male and female parts and is obviously the source name of the term hermaphrodite.
>>
>>82329430
No, I did not as evidenced by my dubs. You should learn a thing or two.
>>
>>82330104
>Or are you going to ignore that time that Loki turned into a female horse and got fucked and impregnated by a stallion and gave birth to Sliepnir?
Unrelated to trannies.

Did you even read my post?
>>
>>82327230
but every single troon hates itself and everyone else
>>
>>82310405
I'm thinking on making magic different across the races in my setting. In one race, the ability to wield magic would be very rare and is mostly expressed in soothsaying and the like, so the few that are born with it tend to become the shaman of the clan. Another race would have it that all women and only their women being able to use magic, and since women can only do magic, that makes them the powerful sex and therefore making their societies matriarchies, despite males being physically stronger. Humanity in this setting all have a connection to this supernatural mist, but the level of connection would differ from person to person, but on average, people have a moderate level which, while weak, they can still train and practice and make the most of it. Even those with a weak connection to this mist can pull a couple of tricks, though both pale in comparison to those with high to really high connection.
>>
>>82324629
Why wouldn't the high T males just take over then? Do they just lack the number to override them?
>>
>>82333473
Because a high T male has no desire to hold dominion over anything larger than his kin group. He delights in the joy of family but rightly cringes at the thought of lesser men with no bloodties bowing at his feet.

The high T male might find him in positions of political control by way of fate or necessity, but never out of an desire of the male himself to rule.
>>
>>82324981
Interesting. I may check it out some time. Different, yet Complementary sides is always something kino.
>>
>>82310405
Patriarchies and matriarchies are cool. I have both.
Patriarch wizards are logical. They hoard knowledge and ban those who they don't like. They like academies and schools.
Matriarch witches are intuitive. They follow their feelings beyond logic and give shelter to those rejected and downtrodden. They like grooming shota bois for the hell of it.
>>
File: E6G4FHfUYAgM9We.jpg (25 KB, 567x342)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>82336719
>>
>>82337117
Yeah, why can't wizards have lolis? Not fair only witches can get some.
>>
>>82322925
Rand, during his first time trying, levitated, bound, and blocked the powers of two of the strongest female magic users in the series, seemingly effortlessly.
>>
>>82337187
Plot Armor
>>
>>82310499
>fine for fluff, but not for crunch
I agree completely. Any time I see pointless requirements I ignore them entirely and encourage my players to do the same.
>>82314972
>Actual literal shit opinion, and discarded for being genuinely homosexual.
Trolling or a potato. Either way poor taste.
>>
>>82337187
Rand's whole schtick is that he's the chosen one and the reincarnation of the greatest channeller ever. Him being able to stomp two randos who thought they were hot shit doesn't tell us shit about men in general.
>>
File: 1021e692.jpg (5 KB, 187x240)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>82310405
>Magic is a thing foreign to the male

Because it's bullshit?
>>
>>82340968
LOL
>>
>>82340968
Robert Jordan basically implies in his Conan novels that men are normally too logical for magic.
>>
>>82310405
usually it's some thinly-veiled femdom bullshit
sometimes it's okay
>>
File: Chad ThunderCock.jpg (684 KB, 777x1134)
684 KB
684 KB JPG
>>82324934
Given it goes up with level it would seem to correspond with physical state. Like getting shredded and becoming the ultimate warrior would allow you to shrug off magical effects waaay better.
>>
File: Michael Hague 14.jpg (199 KB, 517x1359)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>82324934
Young one, reign in your hubris and respect the laws of the universe. Or you will get smacked hard.
>>
>>82319961
I don't know if WoT ever addresses it, but my best guess for the setting is that it doesn't matter because if a boy starts doing magic it's just not worth the risk even if he says he's a girl.
>>
>>82344180
Your failures are your own, old man, i will not be lectured to by you frail cowards nor those meathead intellectuals who can shrug off a hypnosis spell only because they have no thoughts in their tiny brains to control in the first place.
>>
>>82344140
Wait, you think levels correlates to physical size and bulk?

Do you believe your fighter gains half a centimeter on his cock every time he dings?
>>
>>82310405
wait, is the one in the middle a dark elf tranny?
>>
>>82344181
The only person who had reversed gendered magic was a product of the Dark One shoving a male soul in a female body. So pretty sure your soul is either male or female and there were no other cases of a mismatch other than said evil entity fucking with reincarnation.

Importantly male magic is effectively invisible to female Channelers and vice versa. They get a "feeling" that channelling is going on, but unlike their gendered magic they can't see the "weaves". They can see the effects of course, but ordinarily you can see what is effectively coloured strands of magic woven together in a pattern. So the swapped soul person had a big advantage going undercover since most women channelers would expect to be able to see if you're channellingn yourself.
>>
>>82350031
If you want them to be, sure
>>
>>82319961

Wheel of Time ties magic to the soul, not the body. This comes up with a character (Though they've had the soul swapped to a new body). So it really depends on how you rule the soul is.
>>
>>82352778
ok

*unzips dick
>>
>>82324629
>the whole balance goes out through the window when chad paladins have both high testosterone and magic
>>
>>82344024
>Conan novels

CONAN?
>>
>>82354211
Yes, Robert Jordan is probably the reason that Conan has a place at all in the modern nerd zeitgeist. The Barbarian was just a niche character before Jordan brought him back (and inspired the 80's movies)
>>
>>82354211
Belit! Damn her death is tragic.
>>
>>82314972
Why the fuck do people think that TYPING LIKE THISERINO NOOO somehow constitutes an argument?
>>
>>82310405
gender specific magic is something works great in books since the author has complete control of all the characters, but something that will get annoying when someone in your statistically likely to be 100% male group decides he wants to play a wizard without being one of those weirdos who plays female characters despite being a dude
>>
>>82357883
>NOOOOOO, STOP SAYING I SOUND LIKE THIS, FUCKKKKKKKKK
>>
>>82359493
Hahaha can't lie, he's got you there, >>82357883.
>>
File: 1302892245133.jpg (500 KB, 1280x1707)
500 KB
500 KB JPG
>>82319961
Bro, that's not how it works, let's be 100% clear.

This thing isn't anything new. It's been around for thousands of years. But trannies aren't real, cutting off dick and balls doesn't make you a woman, it makes you a eunuch. Something which used to be forced upon slaves who screamed and fought in protest, but now willingly done to people through more modern (and civilized) practices of brainwashing.

It was done to make them more servile and compliant due to lacking testes and thus testosterone, and of course unable to rape due to lacking dick and thus no danger to keep next to your valuable female slaves. Of course medical practices being what they are, one in four died from uncontrolled bleeding, and some then would kill themselves but it was still considered something preferable by the slavemasters to ensure control, and by slavetraders to ensure control of supply and continued demand for new wares.

Now it's done for the money it makes surgeons and drug companies, and of course to slow down population growth and further divide the populace in petty squabbling.

Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against castrati, some of my favorite pets have been fixed, but let's call it like it is, there is no magic spell or any other method to change sex no matter how much you might play pretend or wish it so.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.