[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1627419890385.jpg (107 KB, 1000x563)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>things don't have to be this way
>you can still stop all this, it's not too late to turn back
>you don't have to be the monster that everyone believes you to be!
What does your BBEG respond?
>>
>>82308021
>No way, fag
>>
>BBEG
Only faggots say that.
>>
>>82308021
"I chose this deliberately, I don't want to, and I absolutely fucking do -- if only just to spite you."
>>
>Players willingly lowered their guard and wasted a turn talking to this guy
If he can still fight he attacks them. Otherwise he screams and tries to fight.
>>
>>82308666
I always knew you were based Satan
>>
>>82308021
>you don't play games, stop shitting this place up already
>>
>>82308021
The last boss we fought was literally throwing her maids and butlers at us to use their bomb collars as area denial weapons. She likely would have just laughed at that sort of platitude.
>>
>>82308021
At least one responded positively and changed sides to help against a greater threat. The others did not.
>>
>>82308021
Meteor Swarm
>>
Making the mother of all omelettes here, Jack. Can't fret over every egg.
>>
>>82308021
>okay you spend your turn talking
>he hits you with an autocrit as you stand there helpless with your hand outstretched
>your turn
>>
>>82308021
Your condemnation does not matter. History will absolve me.
>>
>>82308021
The three BBEGs of my campaign are an immortal with a god complex, a guy who worships a demon that is powered by suffering, and a resurrected chaotic evil black dragon hellbent on genociding mankind as revenge for killing him 1000 years ago.

I don't any of them could care less about being called a monster.
>>
>>82308021
>If I win, none of this matters, I will rewrite the loop. All of these deaths? They mean nothing. They will not remember. YOU will not remember.
>If I lose, the loop resets and I will see you again. I will remember you, just as you remember me.
>So why do you prolong your own suffering, "hero"?
>>
>>82308021
Lol, lmao
>>
>>82308021
"Are my methods unsound?"
>>
File: king.jpg (587 KB, 1920x1536)
587 KB
587 KB JPG
>>82308021
> Of course, but I fancy it that way.
> Turning back is impossible by design. The souls of the dead have been sent directly to the soul typhoon. Their energies have already been broken down and reused. I thought you were smarter than this.
> That is right. I can be much worse.

And he'd probably tell his own batch of statements :
> things can be whatever I want
> you can still join me, it's not too late to change sides
> you don't have to die a hero when you can live a champion
>>
I halt the game and throw the storyshitter out. Then we resume the game.
>>
>>82308021
He would get up from his throne and say "You don't know anything but it's ok, I will send you all to the embrace of Mother of Ashes, and he is going to finish his walk and destroy this world but he won't get to decide our fates." and then attack.
>>
File: 1619812918243.jpg (55 KB, 600x531)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Niggers tongue my anus
>>
>>82308021
>Those are the words of a loser! Someone lesser! True power is seeing your goals through to their end and succeeding! I will crush your soft hearts and weak wills!
Then he attacks whoever started the whole pathetic friendship speech before the initiatives are even rolled.
>>
File: images (21).jpg (29 KB, 632x485)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>82308021
>bark bark bark bark bark bark
>>
>>82308021
My BBEG is a dragon that's attempting to ascend not only to godhood, but to being the only god there is so that everyone must worship him. Kzintcholovar is far more important than your petty mortal sqwaking, unless it's to sing his praise.
>>
>>82308021
"I am a slayer of monsters, the record of fact bears this out; why then would one cower in fear and label me villain, lest they were a hidden monster fearing to be slain? My full measure is known, written in blood and song, none can rightly paint me as anything but righteous..and you say now that "everyone" fears a righteous man? Why would that be? None but monsters need have fear of me and yet the world is a trembling monstrosity. Nay, kind faggot, I will not turn back. When I enter a village to slay vampires it is the thrall who protests the most and casts suspicion upon my arrival. Such opinions are irrelevant. Evil will be purged."
>>
>>82308666
>>82308888
Look at these gets, sheer villainry
>>
>>82308021
"I do this not for myself, but for all of Ebberon..."
>>
>>82308021
>BBEG pauses for thought
>You're right.
>Things don't have to be this way.
>THAT IS WHY I WILL CHANGE THEM! (proceeds with plan)
>>
>>82308021
>Fate cannot be rewritten, path cannot be changed, if I defy it, another will take up the torch sooner or later
>So come! Here, where the destiny is written!
>>
>>82308021
Cone of Cold
>>
>>82310524
I don't see any method at all.
>>
>>82308021
Oh, but I must. Everything about this place is utterly wrong. You yourselves are puppets bound to the whims of giggling idiots above us, made to dance upon lines for their cruel entertainment. Is this a world you really want to protect?
>>
>>82311972
lol okay pinkie pie
>>
>>82311972
Based meta aware BBEG.
>>
>>82311718
E-even for loli pope?
>>
>>82311236
you're lucky that I think golems are neat as fuck
>>
>>82308021
Anyone stupid enough to believe that this could end in any other way than death would've died years before being worthy of entering the presence of one of the BBEG. Smash the wheel if you wish, but first you must cut free the stagnant blood soaked into its spokes. If you don't understand by the time you meet that they cannot exist without twisting and perverting the world with their every breath, you're not ready.
>>
>>82312091
For the loli pope...
>BBEG extends his hand
>>
>>82308021
"I am a product of your own actions. It is not my fault that, despite your capability to record an account of your own history, you feel the need to alter or forget what has transpired for your own purposes. What happens next was written among your neglected tomes and fabricated recollection a hundred generations ago. To blame me for this is to become the pinnacle of your own hubris."
>>
>>82308169
no no no, you're supposed to say
>BBEG
Ugh.
>>
File: Jaela29.jpg (89 KB, 700x550)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>82312459
It can't be helped... if fighting for loli is evil, I don't want to be good.
>>
>>82308021
>Stand down? After I reached this far?
>After you came to me covered in blood and bones of my comrades and friends?
>By their name, I shall not.
>>
>>82308714
cringe and no-player-engagement pilled
>>
>>82308021
>As my children I understand you are just as manipulative and evil as I am, therefore this is some kind of ruse and I will ignore it
>Now observe as I rape the sun and impregnate it with more of my progeny who will go forth and breed all the stars of the galaxy
>>
>>82308021
>I... No. No. If I stop now than everything will have been for nothing. I've gone too far to turn back.
>Draw your sword.
>>
>>82312946
>Damn you, Starfucker!
>>
I was honestly surprised when the party did this to Captain Ghostmaker, the necromancer pirate. Mostly because she'd kept the new party member as a slave for months and had slapped said slave in the face for spilling a tray of butter. She'd also slaughtered one thousand and one people as sacrifice to a god, in a pact to get her dead husband back.

The party basically proved to her that the god in question would never fulfill his part of the deal, told her that she needs to turn her life around and do good in the world, and let her go. It worked on her - having lost everything, even the hope of her husband's revival, Ghostmaker set out and hasn't been seen again in the narrative since.
>>
>>82308021
>PCs giving him a free space on the bingo board of conquest
Hell yeah, he takes the hand. He plays along with it and laughs his way to the bank. He might even get their support and finish his great dream. What a fucking time to be alive that the only people that were able to unravel his convoluted sweater of international conquest are willing to let him off without removing the pieces of a god still living in his guts.
>>
>>82312999
The big question is will she come back? Players always love to see their actions having consequences, and it's always nice to encourage non-murderhobo behavior. Also if all the slave had to deal with was a slap in the face that isn't too harsh for a fantasy slaver.
>>
>>82310139
>your hand is a vital spot
shit dm
>>
>>82313082
She absolutely will. I'm not sure when or where, but it'll definitely happen. If nothing else, she's one of the few people who's pieced together that the game world is actually a post-apocalyptic setting.

The slave had to dealt with more than that, but the slap in the face was there to reinforce "hey, this woman that you're currently business partners with is very much a bad person"
>>
>>82308021
I like villains who are tragic and too far down the road to stop, and villains who are absolutely convinced that they are righteous.
The former would appreciate the attempt, the latter would spit in your face.
>>
>>82308021
>Orcus, Demon Prince of Undeath
he'd respond with the verbal components of the next lethal spell he intends to throw out
>>
>>82308021
Cope
>>
>>82308021
"What are you talking about? If I don't save the world, no one else can."
>>
>>82310524
"Exterminate the brutes!"
>>
File: tenor.gif (1.16 MB, 426x320)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB GIF
>>82308021
I'll take "Dumb shit PC's say to the Demon before it eats them" for a thousand Alex!
>>
>>82308021
He'd giggle and mock them. After all, he is not the bad guy, but a bored demon doing everything for fun. If it costs lives of everyone in New York, that's a sacrifice he is willing to make
>>
>>82308021
>SKREEEEEEEEEEEK
And then it eats the sun.
>>
>>82308021
He fucks the toddler harder.
>>
>>82308021
He dies out of cringe
>>
>>82308021
>That's some serious cringe bro.
>Did you read that in one of your Tian Xia picture books?
>Your still a virgin aren't you? Whatever you say kid...
>>
Depending on the specific campaign, some iteration of "I'm not a monster or a villain and I don't care if you disagree" or, "I'm not doing this because I have to, I'm doing this because I want to."
>>
>>82308021
>Oh you're right an-
>Our murderhobo backstabs him for 90% of his HP
>>
>>82308021
"Don't you judge me bitch!" *Slaps hand and runs away*
>>
File: 1636331599426.gif (1.77 MB, 500x300)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB GIF
>>82308021
Hazir the Falcon (assassin and manipulator):
>"Kid, you have NO IDEA what kind of monster I _really_ am!" [Mark Hamill's Joker laugh]

Yurgen Kaneko (charismatic warlord):
>"I'm sorry, son, but this is the path that remains. My people have worked too hard for this, and I can't let them down."

Governor Krokel (portly bureaucrat):
>"Er, wait... someone believes I'm a monster? WHY?! What do you think I've done to warrant that?"
>>
>>82308021
Would you like to sing my petition?
>>
>>82308021
"Cuthulu f'thagn!"

And then eats their brains while pooping non euclidean shapes in their skulls through the anus beneath his mouth.
>>
My primary villain is an interstellar entity that floats from system to system consuming the star matter and darkening worlds to destruction by side effect.

He does this because he can, and thus he must. What sort of self satisfaction can one feel if they're denied or deny themselves the exercise of their natural capabilities? If they never reach and experience their potential?

What happens to the planets and their inhabitants now removed from their sunlight is inconsequential. It doesn't affect him. Do you worry about the worms below when you pluck an apple from the branch?

In short, the usual "Come back to the light!" plea holds no water because this isn't someone with conflicting morals making a decision. He's an event on the horizon and you'd have more luck convincing the tides not to rise.
>>
>>82308021
Listing responses from various villains in the same setting with no context
>It's was too late hundreds of years ago. The world sat by and watched my homeland get swallowed whole. No help. No aid. Not even refuge. Vengeance dictates I do nothing, and let them all share the same fate. Justice tells me I must do something. Something your ancestors never did. When you meet them, you may ask them why.
>You think we have not tried abstaining? Every moment not at feast is in pain. I. Will. Not. Starve.
>Monster? Hah. I serve a number of citizens you could never comprehend. To them, I am a hero. Making their lives better, bit by bit, inch by inch. I toil tirelessly to put but one more grain of rice on their plate of plenty. My people give me my strength and deserve my respect. You are not my people. Stand aside, or be crushed by the march of a million boots.
>>
>>82308021
>Shut the fuck up filthy subhuman
>>
Farewell, my shadow, you who stand at the end of the path I chose not to follow. I wanted my own world, so I don't regret my choice. I would make the same choice all over again. I will continue to choose this path!
>>
>>82317677
if the villain if female, the talk doesn't matter, just grab her right there
>>
File: demon horror.jpg (283 KB, 1920x1080)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
>>82308021
"(Incomprehensible screeching)"
>>
>>82308021
>you know what... you are right. i AM a monster, but i dont have to continue to be. i cannot share this world with humanity, this much is sure, but there has always been an alternative to destroying it.
>*commits suicide*
>>
>>82308918
>NOOO!!!!! I WANT FLOWCHARTS AND CHARACTERS SHEETS!!!
>>
>>82310524
>>82311810
>>82313353
the horror... the horror
>>
>>82308021
>drown them in jizz while hysterically cackling
>>
File: 1603004961604.jpg (413 KB, 1471x1041)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
>>82308021
When I asked you to surrender quietly, that you would be treated nobly by my men, you denied me. Why did you not cast down your sword? Now you ask the same from me? Draw thy sword, one of us may yet yield while blood remains in our breast.
>>
>>82308021
I think not, Yankee. You kept the Nazi compound to yourself and your Western allies but neglected to share with your eastern one until the new millennium. Don't give me the communist excuse, you gave it to the Russians readily. Just to keep us behind you. Then, when we tried to close the gap you sabotaged my nation, and the Black Rapture nearly killed us all. Nearly. My glorious China is but a hollow, haunted husk, but I will haunt you like a phantom limb, a wrathful wraith of the east, and I will take the billions of lives that were taken from ME. I am The Sovereign, and you are a star spangled slave. Your words as as worthless now as they were then, the same cowardly weasel words your suits say to escape responsibility, escape destruction. I will hear no more of them.
>>
>>82308021
Well I got a game with several faction leaders serving as temporary antagonists so:
>Wizard/Cleric brother/sister-in-law: there are no other options, I've tried everything in these past few centuries. I will bring him back.
>Religious celebrity: I've brought so much good to this land, whether or not you see it. Some things cannot be left in the hands of the common man.
>Lich: save your breath
>Pirate: maybe you're right, but I can't live in what the world's becoming, I can't give up my freedom.
>>
>>82308021
"YOU attacked ME!!"
>>
>>82308021
Torture me, execute me. Don't you see, Major? I've already won.
>>
For my current character, it wouldn't even get to that point. He would all-the-sooner disable the villain so that he can gloat over his victory.
>>
>>82318343
I am deeply intrigued by the story you've hinted at here.
>>
>>82308021
Your words mean nothing to me, and it does not matter to me if ants find me monstrous.
>>
>>82308021
BBEG agress, he surrenders and offers all the heros his friendship, making sure to shake all their hands after secrety activateing his aids injection ring.
>>
>>82308021
Enraged, he shouts, "Monster? Monster! I am trying to save you fragile mortal things!"
>>
>>82308021
The BBEG rolls his eyes, draws his gun and shoots the idiot dead.
>>
File: 1637869095622.png (157 KB, 376x475)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>82308021
>>
>>82308021
The absolute evil from beyond time and space sees it's moment to finally truly infiltrate and subvert everything that is not yet defiled, and immediately falls back on it's many alteregos to get a convincing tragic backstory with which to sell it's supposed heel face turn.
>>
>>82308021
>"Monster? I am no monster my friend, but you are right in saying that things didn't have to be this way."
>"Alas, it is not I the one that decided these tragic courses: Mine is the destiny to rule this land, to bring peace and prosperity, to make order out of the chaos that your king left behind when he died. I am no pretender, for this is not something I merely believe; is something I know. Yet, despite this, you insist in opposing my rule, and rather prefer the flimsy pacts of old and the daggers of your neighbours than the gift I bring. You are not only the worst enemy of those common me that follow you; thinking that resistance is virtue, but also an obstacle to harmony and peace."
>"In light of these facts, I am ready to use cruetly against cruelty, and to force you in chains to kneel if necessary. My birthright shall not be denied, for the throne longs for a king, and that king is I."
>>
>>82318299
Based and honorpilled.
>>
>>82308021
You are correct. Over the course of this endeavour I have had every chance to turn back, to resume my peaceful existence. The thought crossed my mind on many a diffucult night. Yet here I stand, contemplating the idea and my legs do not move. I am compelled to stay. The maxims of protecting my people and annihilating our enemies takes precedence over the maxims of peace and preservation. So friends, if you too hold a fire within your hearts that is as integral to your being as the very name of your birth, I ask that you come forward and die for your ideals as I would die for mine. Otherwise you may remain here and I assure no harm will befall you.
>t. final antagonist of my first campaign
>>
>>82308021
I am but a slave to darker forces. To rest would bring oblivion. Much like a lion must hunt lest he die, so too I must do my dark masters bidding
>>
>>82308021
>Witch who serves the BBEG
Cries into the arms of the man who offered her a second chance
>Archer who serves the BBEG
Says "Yeah I fucking know that, but if you help me out of this bind we can both give him what's coming to him.
>BBEG
Laughs and tells them to die.
>Primordial Being the BBEG serves
Sees flesh and attempts to consume.
>>
File: Icone Iop Male.png (186 KB, 440x442)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
>>82308021
Oh. But they do!

All this is *NOTHING* compared to what I am holding at bay! If I fall, even you will be sorry...

One, I am not. Not that it matters what the sheep thinks. Two, I have to. Heard of the Shukrute? Ask your fancy axe, I am sure it'll be delighted to talk about its homeworld.
>>
>>82318832
it's for a futuristic cape setting I've tinkered with for a while, tech is between GiTS and Batman Beyond. During WWII the Germans developed a superpower serum that was supposed to win the war, but their primary research at a psychic flying fortress (a previous campaign) was destroyed and the research, samples, and scientists distributed among the Allies bar China. Supers banned from military service, Cold War proceeds mostly as normal (Silver Age comic stuff). During this time Dr. Dai, a brilliant scientist and charismatic politician, rose to a position of prominence in China. He's a Lex Luthor/Ozymandias kind of guy, superhumanly intelligent. This is the kind of power that can slip under the radar. He had some really radical ideas about the role of China on the world stage and the superiority of the Han, calling for genetic enhancement, eugenics, blood purges and conquest dressed up as the most efficient, cost effective, logical thing to do. This didn't make him many friends in the party, who saw him as a dangerous man who could turn the whole world against China and a danger to their careers, so they kicked him out in the early 90s and he got buttmad. Taking the name The Sovereign, he went full Dr. Doom looking to rule China for himself, the make it the very best it could be by any means necessary. He operated out of Hong Kong for most of this time. Around 2007 the other Allied nations finally gave China access to the serum, even Japan had it by then. Sovereign implored the CCP give him a sample to reverse engineer, to make as much as possible as fast as possible to make up for lost time. They agreed, by 2010 he'd done it and by 2013 injections for high social creditors had begun. It was a crapshoot in 1940 and it still was, but it worked. Anyone with powers was deputized to Tiger Squadron and called on for emergencies, but otherwise lived their lives. The CCP took credit for the whole thing, and kept Dai out in the cold.
>Cont.
>>
>>82308021
Slaps his cock right into that dudes hand and laughs, also that dude is now on fire.
>>
>>82324843
Based Wakfu/ Dofus enjoyer
>>
>>82308021
The dragon belches out a cloud of noxious venom and kills the PC.
>>
>>82324843
calm the fuck down stupid iop
>>
>>82324854
He was furious and attacked China several times, each time repulsed by the expanded Tiger Squadron of his own creation. Cucked by his own hand. He eventually fled to Taiwan in his submarine lair after Hong Kong returned to Chinese control, seething. About this time on a day like any other some Chinese guy got his shot, stayed for his four hour observation period, and went home. Days later his power developed, Rogue's at range, and immediately lost control of it in a major city. Tiger squadron was called in and that just made it worse. He fled west of Xi'an but was pursued by more and more squadron members and eventually he just overloaded. His power had become error and terminated the program violently and on a massive scale, killing everything sharing his characteristics (ie humans) in a killing wave from Beijing to Kunming and half of Hong Kong in an instant. This was the Black Rapture, billions gone in an blink. There's a lot of repercussions for this but the point is Dai blamed the US as he saw them as the primary beneficiary. He lost his mind, tried to rebuild the whole thing with androids like a dollouse nation, tried to get Chinese nationals to return but there was something wrong with the place now, some tangible vile wickedness in the land. He even convinced himself there were alternate dimensions and searched for them in the hope they were merely transported, he was right but they weren't there. Now and old and bitter man he pulled every string he could, called in every favor for one last glorious shot at who he thinks inflicted the wound on him, the United States. Land purchases, other villain's old lairs, political and corporate blackmail, old promises, he put everything into this. He planned a coup to overthrow the government and make the US into his old vision for china, essentially start again. But he was old now, and went with the old "Brain in a jar supercomputer" method of life extension. >Cont.
>>
>>82325055
Ah! You """smarties""" are trembling in fear, while I keep the world of twelve safe. Sure, I'd like to do it in a more heroic manner, but leading an evil empire and either facing plucky adventurers as a true leader and uniting the world to save it, or falling in an epic battle having postponed a greater evil just long enough for the world to have a chance...

I say it is a pretty good 2nd place, don't cha think? I will make history, while everyone spell their own defeats """playing it safe""".

Smarties can be sooooo dumb!
>>
>>82308021
>The Didact of War laughs condescendingly for three seconds
>And, without skipping a beat, opens fire with his autocannon.
>>
>>82313092
He never said he hit them in the hand dumb fuck
>>
>>82310139
Cringe and nogamespilled
>>
>>82318299
Based dubs
>>
>>82325234
someone get this iop an emotional support cra
>>
>>82308021
>GRONK
>redeemer bursts into flames
>>
File: 1637365985280.gif (900 KB, 245x245)
900 KB
900 KB GIF
>>82308666
>>
>>82310391
Is this just Loop Hero?
>>
File: Dr.Dai.jpg (28 KB, 350x490)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>82325159
He didn't want to draw attention while he did this so he performed the final sequence, initial connection and boot (projected to take a few months) in low power mode. He didn't know if detection tech would catch up to his cloaking tech in that time and was convinced by his lieutenants that it was worth the risk. They betrayed him however, setting power to minimum and stealing his coup plans for themselves to make themselves kings. They were defeated by the All Americans, their leader Mr. Miracle thought the plan was great and enacted it himself, that coup was defeated at great cost and now capes are on a very tight leash. Meanwhile Sovereign's boot took about 27 years, that's a lot of time to think especially if it's the only thing you can do. He is mad as fuck. He's had his dolls producing warbots in China the whole time, he just needs to ship them over. But everyone he knows is dead. The Black Rapture was a freak accident of nature, perhaps a warning from reality not to fuck around like that, but the US had nothing to do with it. Dai doesn't see it that way, and he's in way, way too deep to change his mind. If he's wrong then he put his brain in a supercomputer, endured almost 30 years of existential loneliness, and built a robot army for no reason.
TL;DR
Chinese Lex Luthor becomes Chinese Dr.Doom, copypastas a magic superpower potion that prevents him from ruling a country he loves and then destroys it, goes though the stages of grief before returning to anger, blames the US, vows to conquer it, becomes Chinese Dr. Wheelo, is betrayed at his hour of glory, has his plans stolen twice, and is now mad as fuck and in too deep to stop now. He has no friends.
>>
File: 1579503066161.gif (214 KB, 274x249)
214 KB
214 KB GIF
>>82308021
>.... hatred...
>Hatred... is all I feel for you right now.
>Nevermind you reaping rows and columns of my underlings.
>Nevermind you destroying the tethers that bind open the realms of the dead to this world.
>Nevermind all of the headache and agita I have endured attempting to catch you at every turn only for you spit in my face and turn it on me.
>But this? This patronizing tone you're taking with me? Haha... this *chuckling* "altruistic" attitude you're putting up to try and 'save' me makes me want to VOMIT.
>I could stand it if you were just some country hick sent out by his father to slay the evil God trying to rain lightning on his farm, and that you just so happened to get this far.
>I could stand if you were just some mercenary seeking money from collecting my head!
>I could even stand you being a completely random asshole from Bumfuck nowhere wandering into my plans and screwing me in the ass because I almost killed you!
>BUT THIS INSULTING, PATRONIZING, TOOTH-ACHINGLY SWEET SENTIMENT MAKES ME WANT TO RIP YOUR HEART OUT AND ROAST IT WITH ALL THE FLAMES OF HELL!!!
>WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TO WANT TO HELP ME?!
>WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TO SUGGEST THAT WHAT I CAN CHANGE FOR THE BETTER?!
>I AM WHO I WANT TO BE AND I'M NOT CHANGING FOR ANYONE!!!
>I was going to be kind and offer you some sort of mercy...
>I was going to maybe offer you a rank amongst my generals.
>Maybe offer to kill you swiftly so you at least wouldn't suffer.
>You had my RESPECT.
>You had my ADMIRATION.
>NOW I JUST WANT TO TEAR YOU LIMB FROM LIMB AND STITCH YOU BACK TOGETHER JUST SO I CAN DO IT AGAIN!!!
>YOU'RE DEAD!!!!
>>
"I'm sorry, my love, but these people set their fate in stone when they took your life"
One of the players is the BBEG's lover reincarnated and doesn't know it
>>
>>82325261
>dude, you stood there and talked with your hand out, that makes you flat footed to crits
shit
h
i
t
dm
m
>>
Bump.
>>
>>82310391
>There's Chronos in your blood, enough for me to make it another day or two.
>Sorry it has to be like this.
>>
>>82310139
>Attacking someone who's talking and aware of the threat is an auto crit
>>
>>82310391
Nox is overrated.
>>
>>82308021

I LIVE TO BE HATED BY EVERYONE I KNOW! THERE IS NO REDEMEPTION FOR THE MAGE, THERE IS NO HOPE FOR THE MAGE! I WILL AVENGE THE FAILURE OF A PEACEFUL RESOLUTION WITH THE DEATH OF ALL MAGIC!
>>
File: 1610143475767.jpg (321 KB, 1024x1297)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
>>82308021
Meh, talking is much harder, when playing Rise of the Runelords we whacked Nualia over the head and took her prisoner. Then we got a pardon for her and took her with us to show her the power of friendship and what having actual friends is like. Took quite a while, but after a few months she started to come around. Was a great feeling to help someone who's isolating themselves in hatred through the power of genuine care and affection. DM went way above and beyond what the official modules had in store for her.
>>
>>82308021
Probably with some gay shit about how our heroes are naive and simply don't understand how the *world really works*, you know the type
Delusional villain so deep in their own fuckhole that they just can't accept the possibility that they're fucking lost and they've been lost for years.
>>
>>82330346
Oh, I forgot to mention that we just fucking slap the bitch down after that shit
Tried to warn her. Can't stand an uppity bitch.
>>
>>82308021
> "So you're flat-footed, right"
> "He Full Attacks you."
>>
>>82308021
>I don’t want to cure cancer! I want to turn people into dinosaurs!
>>
>>82308021
What the bugger are you on about!? You are the party of villains who I have been trying to stop and clean up your mess.
>>
>>82330746
We have no evidence that any dinosaur ever had cancer. And while absence of evidence isn't necessarily evidence of absence, there's at least some chance that one solves the other.
>>
>>82308021
He doesn't understand a single thing as he is deaf.
But seeing as they dont appear to attack and one stretches out their hand he would probably shake it as not to be rude.

If they use sign language or another way to communicate this to him.
>We can talk this over if you are willing, he signs
>I am willing to lay down my sword if you are ready to do the same
>He drops his weapon before his feet, and uses his other hand to gesture towards his study
After he drops his purely decorative sword he tries to buy as much time as possible for his royal guard to get closer.

If even one of them let their guard down that person will probably end up being turned inside out in a few seconds.
>>
>>82308021
>You don't have to be the monster that everyone believes you to be!
But I wanna.
>>
>>82308021
She'd smile and say, "You're right" before activating the trap she had prepared beforehand.
>>
>>82330815
We do have evidence that birds get cancer, though. Since birds are just dinosaurs that forgot to go extinct, it stands to reason that dinosaurs also got cancer if they didn't die from other things first.
>>
>>82308021
>We both wish it, but there is not escaping fate. Now come, mortals! Give me a taste of hope!
>>
>>82308021
Yes they do. [THE EVENT] secluded us from the planes, and this is the only way to reconnect us.
You understand nothing of the consequences of being cut off from the planes. Turning back would doom this world.
I am no monster. I'm making a sacrifice for this world. Whoever sent you to stop me is the true monster. No get out of here and leave me to my work.
>>
>>82308021
Oh boy, I mean, sure, like, why not? I guess you're right, I never thought about it this way. Okay man, I'll stop. Sorry about the whole thing.
>You did it! Millions died, but in the end, you have finally defeated the mad sorceror and ended the war for good. Everyone gets 500XP!
>>
>>82308666
I don't know why people call you the father of lies, you seem like a honest dude, Satan
>>
>>82331636
True. Really he should be turning people into whales.
>>
>>82308021
>I will not abandon my cause, the daemons must be eradicated to the very essence of evil and chaos its self. Anything less is to flirt with multiversal anilatation. If accomplishing this means that I must be a monster, then my morality is not so valuable.
>>
>You fail to understand. This era of order has gone on for far too long. It must be brought to an end to bring forward a new era of prosperity! Do you realize how many people will be condemned to suffering if I fail?!
>>
>>82331636
You have to take into account the environmental changes since then. All the nuclear tests during the cold war with all the fallout still has effecs today. Although i wonder how the ozone layer was back in prehistoric times.
>>
>>82333205
How about turning people into sharks?
A
>>
>>82331636
Most dinosaurs would be too big to get cancer
>>
>>82308021
Lets see, of the games I'm currently in....

>5e game
I'm pretty sure we work for the BBEG, your boss's goal being something along the lines of "Reunite the fragments of archfiend Lucifer the godslayer" isn't typically the behavior of someone who's good, she'd probably get huffy and try to shrink the party or something

>PF game
I don't think we have a BBEG, save maybe the asshole who built that laser lighthouse and/or the race of litteral trolls (in both senses of the word)

>Stars without numbers
We got one scene that none of the PCs were even there for of some pirate guy monologuing like half a year back and haven't seen even a hint of a BBEG otherwise, he probably wouldn't accept though

>Zelda themed Worlds without Numbers game we sometimes play instead of the above
Worst case, Ganon would laugh at us and kill us cause none of us are Link
Best case, Ganon would sadly laugh hat himself and kill us cause none of us are Link

>Lamentations of the flame princess, we also sometimes play instead of the above
We are literally wandering money hungry hobos, we don't stick in one place long enough to attract anything that could be a BBEG's attention
>>
>>82334767
Probably thicker, considering how there was more oxygen back then.
>>
File: 1636796451944.jpg (61 KB, 450x671)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>82308021
There choice was never mine or yours. We are both fighting the power of fate, and there can only be one victor!
>>
>>82308888
Beelzebub (the Christian name of the Babylonian and Philistinian god of the harvest, Baal) is the lord of lies
Satan (Samael, the serpent) has always been on the up and up, even if you really should read the contract
>>
File: 1630103985765.jpg (174 KB, 1515x951)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>82308021
>So because you're trying to make peace you count as surprised
>He takes your hand and casts inflict wounds at 7th level
>>
>>82308021
"No. It has to be me. Someone else might fail."
>>
>>82308021
>"Nah."
>>
File: net.jpg (142 KB, 900x678)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>82337558
>>
She would just give out a mad cackle. Only way to persuade her to step down is if she would be convinced that she is being manipulated by the aether in the air from the local sleeping fallen god. She may be crazy and evil but damnit she will be crazy and evil on her own terms.
>>
>>82338106
Try fucking her in the ass, you stupid cuck
>>
>>82308021
>Monster? I'm *saving* these people from a life of servitude and sharing Grandfather's bountiful blessings!
>>
File: Mr-Blue.png (85 KB, 604x1414)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>82308021
>I think I'll hang you above the Hadeans. I want to see if you'll say such stupidity to them while they're tearing your flesh away with their beaks.
>>
>>82308021
I would let him role a dice and see if he gets a natural 20. If not, the BBEG wins initiative on his next attack due to all the yakking.
>>
File: butthead.jpg (28 KB, 460x288)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>82308021
>Uh... Can you, like, shut up?
>>
>>82308021
What sort of person would choose to go to prison instead of achieving their goals?
>>
>motion to guards
>one of the PC's father who went missing years ago comes out flanked by two guards, his skin flayed off and chunks of muscle torn off, gibbering and shaking endlessly and his eyes filled with terror as he can doesn't recognise his son
>>
>>82308021
Ugh

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.