[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

"Chivalry" Edition

Previous thread:>>82241372

>What is /awg/?
A thread to talk about minis and games which fall between the cracks, or peoples' homebrew wargames. The>>>/tg/hwgdoesn't entertain fantasy (for good reason) and the other threads are locked to very specific games. This thread isn't tied to a game, a publisher, or a genre, let's just talk about fun wargames.
Any scale, any genre, any company, any minis. Skirmishers welcome. Rules designers welcome.

>Examples of games that qualify
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_miniature_wargames
OnePageRules, Mighty Armies, Warmachine & Hordes, Dragon Rampant, Oathamark, Mortal Gods, Kings of War, Deadzone, Warpath, Frost/Stargrave, Hordes of the Things, Conquest, Songs of Blades and Heroes, Dark Age, Beyond the Gates of Antares. Malifaux and anything else that doesn't necessarily have a dedicated thread.

>Places to get minis
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D2DbNJ2mYAUxh5P9Pq9NZqS5tXHGn0i2JhZchEwbA2I/edit
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/373197.page

>The Novice Troves
https://pastebin.com/MjtsC8AX
https://mega.nz/#F!zSYW0I4a!vXh8-UPi_tWXpJES_-p4zg

>November Challenge: Paint something sexy. Big monsters are sexy.

>Thread Question: What games would you resurrect if you could?
>>
File: Cogs.jpg (199 KB, 800x600)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>82296370
> TQ

AT43
TT
4 4
3 3
>>
>>82296400
Had kino art, poor distribution.
>>
>>82296370
Does anyone know any miniature companies that sell pulp/hover tanks?
>>
File: l_pgzg58.jpg (51 KB, 747x500)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>82296509
Daemonscape, they're cheap like their prices though

http://www.daemonscape.com/
>>
>>82296546
Thanks friend
>>
>>82296509
Scotia Grendel's Kryomek also has some hover tanks.
>>
>>82296509
depends on the scale you want

for 28m
https://www.shop.scotiagrendel.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=217_218_3_112_117
https://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/product-category/got/
khurasan have a bunch of sci-fi tanks in 28mm but only their 15mm one is a hovertank
https://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/28mmscifi.html

for smaller scales you could look at battletech or CAV
www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=hover+tank&x=0&y=0
https://www.reapermini.com/search/72232
>>
>>82296370
What game is this fine hellrider from?
>>
>£4.55 per Reaper Bones USA figure, the same price point as a big ass Troll in Bones material

They are smoking wacky tobaccy
>>
>>82297310
I'll pay you £4.55 to never mention that shitty chink plastic in my presence again
>>
>>82296752
Helldorado. His fluff is that he really, really hates Saracens. And never takes his armour off. Possibly possessed by demons.
>>
Alright lads, where's the best paper terrain for fantasy?
>>
File: k9es8r9uheg71.jpg (635 KB, 3357x3024)
635 KB
635 KB JPG
>>82297581
>chink

Please stop sniffing glue, it's called Reaper Bones """USA""" for a reason.
>>
>>82297710
You're the one who made the comparison to the original Bones material, you absolute buffoon. If you'd ever held that shit in your hands you'd know why there's a price difference between the old and the new.
>>
File: asadar.jpg (222 KB, 938x468)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>82296370
>What games would you resurrect if you could?
Confrontation.

It still hurt, especially since the last resurrection attempt was such an utter shitfest.
>>
File: IMG_20210827_193942207.jpg (1.65 MB, 4000x2250)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
>>82297779
I've got gallons of the stuff you batty cunt.

Just saying, Reaper Bones Black is a reasonable shift in quality/price (for smaller stuff, anything larger than a human has always been okay in Bones), Reaper Bones USA is daft prices for little upgrade in quality, especially compared to Black. £5 is a decent resin or metal miniature.
>>
>>82297891
Then you'll be happy to know that USA is an improvement over Black. You're also being disingenuous by pretending as if they're charging £5 when they're clearly charging £3.80 and the rest is going into VAT which they have no control over.
>>
>>82297310
it's hard plastic. Compared to what GW asks these days for a single character model it's a fairly decent deal. Still cheaper than the metals.
>>
>>82298056

USA is like a 50% price increase over Black and it's not worth it compared to actual hard plastic, or metals or resin stuff. I've held both in my hands and the leap just doesn't make sense.

Also, you don't think every other UK miniature company, except the very smallest, are VAT registered, and have been incorporating it in their prices the whole time and yet I've never seen anybody use it as a Cope?

>>82298111
>Compared to what GW asks for a single character

I feel terribly sorry for you if this is your pricing frame of reference. But hell even they are selling their latest Necromunda civilians for £26 for 12.

Daft prices, simple as.
>>
>>82298166
Unlike CPM, Reaper are not a UK company. However, you can find Reaper miniatures in the UK from retailers who don't charge their customer for the VAT amount. You can also typically find them for a 10% discount year round, so instead of £3.80 they'd be more accurately priced at around £3.50 which is what I've purchased mine for. Still not as cheap as CPM but Reaper does have significantly more variety.
>>
>>82298166
>I feel terribly sorry for you if this is your pricing frame of reference
not really, but to be fair I can't think of any other company that sells single plastic character models either. Everything else I can think of is either metal or resin.
>But hell even they are selling their latest Necromunda civilians for £26 for 12.
that's a multipart plastic kit. Obviously that's not the same a s a single character model. The Perry bros with sell you 46 minis for the same money.
>>
>>82298255

Reaper do have a UK registered company, called like RHQ Ltd or something. Based in Nottingham, quelle surprise. That's the company that sells to people who click on the UK flag and who sell on to resellers like Mighty Lancer Games etc.

That's not how VAT in the UK works at all, either a type of good is VAT applicable (at 5% or 20% rate usually) or not. The prices without VAT are there for those people using the UK despatch but not in the UK and as such not subject to VAT.
>>
>>82298333
Don't buy through Reaper. Seems pretty simple to me.
>>
File: paintpotmimic.jpg (36 KB, 474x598)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
Hey, /awg/ I need help finding some specific miniatures. They are "paint pot and dropper bottle mimics" like pic-related but they aren't STLs but actual resin/plastic cast mimic miniatures.
some of them are dropper bottle mimics, one with a devil coat head coming off of the dropper bottle, and others are mimics of the Coat D'arms paint pots/ Formula P3 paint pots as mimics.
>why am I asking here
Aside from using them in a Pathfinder toy story joke campaign I plan on fielding at least one of them in Kings of War on a 50mm base as a proxy for a NightStalker army's MindScreech.
It is supposed to be a nice fourth wall breaking enemy. I might use a slip of paper taped to the base that says "mindscreech" to remember and remind the opponent what the unit is.

Does anybody know of these hobby paint mimics? I can't seem to find a website that sells them or the miniature manufacturer behind them. I tried finding them on Google but the vendor is probably an english speaker if I had to wager a guess.

pic related should help as a starting point in showing the mimic miniatures I am looking for.

thanks in advance.
>>
Guess which retard just added 64 miniatures to their plastic mountain. £23 posted though and apparently the game is good-to-average, I couldn't not.
>>
>>82277086
Check out Squadhammer for fairly light or Clash on the Fringe for a rules medium scifi game with a good amount of modularity. No Stars in Sight might work too.
>>
File: 356459.jpg (226 KB, 900x1175)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
Anyone here played Reign in Hell? Seems fun, but would like a second opinion.
>>
New to wargames, playing a small one online through a VTT. Is there anything I should know about putting maps together for war games as opposed to traditional dnd style battlemaps?
>>
>>82301496
Some anon once posted a very in-depth look where he went through the campaign. It's very snowbally, and massively under values speed as a stat and the advantage of more activations.

His models were amazing though and it was a good read to see how unfair it became.
>>
>>82299310
W-where?
>>
>>82301619
Depends entirely on the game played and your standards. Most games have boards ranging from 60cm*60cm to 6'x4' with variable levels of terrain. You get everything from almost empty fields to dense cities.
>>
>>82301619
>>82302874
Yep basically if its a skirmish game (think of frostgrave, mordheim, 10 models per player circa) you usually want a dense terrain map, with a good balance of los blocker and place to take cover, while if it's a mass battle game i have seen those played with very few terrain pieces (up to barren tables for rank and file games).
The best advice is to look for tables online and take inspiration from them.
>>
>>82296370
Chronopia probably, but that's just cause it looked cool as fuck when I was a kid and died before I started earning my own money
>>
>>82301496
no but I intend to start before the end of the year so I'll probably post here around March once I've gotten to grips with it
>>
>>82302506

https://www.yachew.com/products/endure-the-stars

It is the 1.5 version, which if you're bothered is better rated than the 1.0 on Board Game Geek. Same miniatures in both though, well slightly less in 1.5 but all the same sculpts.

The same company had 4 in stock on their ebay store last night, so I gambled and got one now, still cheap even if this random site does a Black Friday sale.

Not too crazy over most of the sculpts but they seem decently cast from the IRL pictures I've seen, and there's so fucking many.
>>
>>82303443
Good chaff
>>
>>82299190
no idea whatsoever. but it seems like a supa cool idea for a sculpting project and an empty old pot.
>>
File: vorthemaelstrom.jpg (474 KB, 610x800)
474 KB
474 KB JPG
>>82296370

Vor the Maelstrom, I think the setting is interesting, and I like the models.
>>
File: core-box-set.jpg (202 KB, 1000x707)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
Has anyone here tried Conquest? Is it good?

Saw pic related yesterday, seems like a good deal and I've been looking for a new (not GW) army to work on. But I don't want to assemble and paint 100 models for a shit game
>>
>>82296509
What, don't you use deodorant?
>>
>>82301619
Take a look at random terrain generators rather than trying to make a balanced arena. Even something simple like
>divide table into 4ths or 6ths
>Put D3 large terrains, D6 small terrains,D6 scatter terrains in each section
sort of thing works well enough. I personally like the 5core table for putting together terrain, breaks it down into linear obstacles, etc. in a way that jives with me.
>>
>>82305148
You're thinking of shampoo bottles, deo is more of a scatter terrain material.
>>
>>82299190
An anon over at the Paizo Games General answered the question you asked over there >>82305223
The miniatures are from maow miniatures.
>>
>>82304880
Rules look interesting, models are hueg and it gets pricey outside the starter box/deals.
>>
>>82299310
I categorically do not need that many more models, but a good deal for anyone who does go for it.
>>
File: Smellyoself.jpg (33 KB, 496x264)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>82305342
No, I'm thinking of these things, I forget what you call them across the pond. Under-army-warmy smelly-wellies, maybe?
>>
>>82304880
I've heard good things about the game. The minis the to be the big complaint.
>>
>>82305441
Yes, a shampoo bottle. Just what I said.
>>
any anons on here in the deep end on deadzone?
I'm getting back in to it with 3rd (skipped an edition) and looking at army lists.

lotta cool stuff going on there, but also some headscratching decisions. like why is the Suppression ability given away so cheap? that is an almost auto-include upgrade anyway, but it seems like a lot of lists have it for like +2 points over a comparable weapon with no downside. what am I missing here?
>>
>>82305441
>>82305734
something like that could as easily be a small shampoo or a big deoderant. they come in sizes. everyone knows this. this is not a meaningful argument.
>>
>>82305822
If we had only meaningful arguments, the board would die.
>>
>>82306020
This, I wouldn't even know how to have a meaningful argument at this point. Also I've never seen shampoo in those flat hip flask style containers, that tank just screams "deodorant" at me.
>>
>>82306286
>that tank just screams "deodorant" at me.
Which teebeeaitch I vastly prefer to the smokin' hot Brawlmachine ladies at the LGS screaming "Deodorant!" at me all the time, hey yo.
>>
>>82301619
Depends a lot on the game you're playing. Some will need way more or less terrain or want different varieties to play well.
Like Malifaux wants a mixture of Blocking, Concealing, Severe ect. Carneval won't play right without big buildings and cannals etc.

>>82305242
1st ed malifaux had a bunch of thematic terrain tables. They were pretty cool, but nobody had 6+ tables worth of terrain to use for random flips.
>>
>>82307168
>They were pretty cool, but nobody had 6+ tables worth of terrain to use for random flips.
oh, it wasn't that bad. a lot of the same pieces get reused between tables. I mean if you actually wanted a thematic bayou table that was visually different from your wasteland table, yeah that would be demanding. but realistically with a few pieces each of woods, water, buildings and misc obstacles you could do all of them.
>>
>>82307209
iirc, they were pretty far apart.
"Mad Laboratory" "Cemetery" "Frontier Town" pretty far apart thematically. I'll have to check the rulebook when I get home.
>>
>>82301619
Terrain is usually an integral part of balance and gameplay, with model features and basic rules that only work with enough of the right types of it around the map.
>>
File: pillardrune.jpg (285 KB, 1344x622)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
>>82296370
HellDorado, my fellow man of taste. Also Confrontation.
>>
>>82297310
I noticed too, and it's quite worrying. It's a pity, grey bones were a great price/quality and white bones had some alright pieces for pennies, but it looks like we won't be seeing that quality/price ratio anymore.
>>
File: Dextarius01P.jpg (157 KB, 1500x1128)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
Does Arena Rex still get any love, or is it dead?
>>
>>82304880

I own the starter box. I’ve opened it 3 times out a few models together get frustrated at close the box back up. GW has spoiled me. I hear the later releases use far better plastic and are easy to go together and look better. The models are significantly bigger then everything else. There are pros and cons to this. I’ve not played a game yet but I’ve heard good things. My biggest issue like with all AWG’s, lack of a player base where I live.
>>
>>82304880
Game seems alright. Minis have some cool designs but are shit in terms of both detail and production quality, as you can see from any picture where they aren't painted. Also they're huge for no good reason.
>>
>>82297885
Confrontation had some interesting miniatures but the rules were always shit, Anon. Some Armies had better stuff than others and Magic was broken and Faith literally useless sunless in 3.5 safe for a couple of builds. I know. I literally founded the organized play where I live, I organized tournaments and I was a judge in some. Every edition had a broken combo and no matter what you tried to fix it, Rackham always made a new one, most players were faggots WAAC that belive that playing broken shit was legitimate and fair. That game died for a reason and is better dead since nothing good came from it.
>>
>>82296370
Looking for Stargrave reccomendations in terms of sci fi minis. Need anything, crew, troopers, enemies, etc
>>
>>82297310
interesting. They're like the same price in USD, so like a buck cheaper.
Looks like they're right inbetween old bones prices and their metals.

>>82297891
I wonder when the next kickstarter will be.
>>
>>82307804
No idea, models are killer though.
>>
>>82307804
I saw stuff at GenCon back in August. So I think it's still trucking along. It never blew up super huge, but I don't think it's dead.
>>
>Anvil has a 50% off sale on Monday
>its only on digital products

Dammit.
>>
>>82307987
Crooked dice has lots of good villains, including a bunch of totally-not-movie-characters like Ming the Merciless and his red robed goons.
>>
>>82307168
>1st ed malifaux had a bunch of thematic terrain tables.
Cool I'll check those out. Thanks anon.
>>
>>82307168
>1st ed malifaux had a bunch of thematic terrain tables. They were pretty cool, but nobody had 6+ tables worth of terrain to use for random flips.
Reminds me of the Helldorado terrain generation minigame. You divide the table on 9 subsections and bid secretly on each subsection. If you bid higher than your opponent, you get to buy terrain to that part of the table from a biome specific list. If you tie, nothing is placed and you get a game long special effect instead, like rain of corpses or burrowing worm etc. Cool idea and adds to the list building, as scouting is an actual meaningful skill as it lets you see what your opponent is bidding first. But it also means you need loads of extra terrain for each biome you plan to play on.
>>
Can anyone share Frostgrave 2nd edition pdf?
Thanks in advance anon
>>
How's malifaux for newbies?

I'm solid with the awg myself but my gf isn't so whenever we're playing together I'm going for lighter rulesets.

Is 3e more focused on schemes than 2e? I never had a chance to play it but did some reasearch of previous edition 2/3 years ago just not sure how much changed.

What could be two good starting warbands that aren't overly complex (so in my understanding means more fighting focused).

Something like Perdita vs Von Schill? I'm a sucker for the dreamer but he seems tricky.
>>
>>82309607
Not coincidentally, 1st ed Malifaux and Hell Dorado are two of the best narrative / casual skirmish games ever made.
>>
>>82309983
I'd pick whatever looks cool and not work to much about complexity. You're better off playing what you like over something you don't because it was "simpler"

Iirc all the new starter boxes include a Henchman and three minions which are good for playing Henchman Hardcore and getting used to the game.
>>
>>82309607
Sounds neat.
>>82310276
I lived 1st Ed Malifaux. It was clunky as fuck though.
Been thinking about trying to get people to play 3rd with the old Soulstone rules to give people a taste of the craziness.
>>
>>82307987
Might want to look at these:
https://bombshellminis.com/counterblast/

If you just don’t like the “officially unofficial” ones but don’t object to giving North Star your money, look at the Rogue Stars line: https://www.northstarfigures.com/list.php?man=234&page=1
(Or if you’re a burgerstani like me, order from their US partner Brigade Games.)

Reaper also has some fairly generic sci-fi minis.
>>
>>82310343
NTA but that line has really cute robots.
>>
>>82307987
See if Mantic put the Star Saga core game back down to £25 on Friday.

Absolute bargain considering you get some 30 or so very decent miniatures, all of the sci-fi accessories Terrain Crate (tables and computers and stuff) and half of the Sci-fi doors Terrain Crate. Along with the actual game.
>>
>>82304880
I enjoy it a lot. It plays quickly, has entertaining takes on common fantasy races, and hits everything I've come to expect of a wargame nowadays (rules and army lists are free, updated all at the same time, and it uses alternating activations). The way reinforcement works adds some variety to how your games will play out even when taking the same list, gives you a reason to vary your unit types, and rewards you for being able to get your stuff up the table rather than sitting back and turtling all game. I've had fun with the command deck building mechanic, in that I need to plan both my turn, but also how/when I want my buffs to apply (spirecs "spells" activate and buff the next card in your deck), and multiples of the same card can be applied to any unit of that card type (if multiple). Two of the most common complaints (especially around these parts) is that the scale is slightly larger (something like 36-38mm?) and the cost isn't particularly cheap outside of the absurd deals you get on the 2-player starter and the add-ons often bundled with it (it is somewhat pricey, but not to GW levels). Community is still fairly small, so getting games will depend on your local scene, or setting one up yourself.
>>82307852
I completely disagree about production quality and detail. This always seems to apply to the 2-player starter and early releases, but not to any of the stuff from the last year, such as the raptors, apex predator, incarnate sentinels, stryx, etc. The most I'll give you is that the studio displays on the site are put together without moldlines trimmed and with gaps from slapping the models together quickly. Others have clearly shown that the models look fine when you do proper perp work and paint them, like most midels out there.
>>
>>82308625
there are sales on 3d printers too~
>>
File: fremen.jpg (143 KB, 1280x720)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
Anyone here plays both Bushido & Test of Honour? I'm considering basing my Bushido stuff on 25mm rounds where possible so that they may be usable in ToH, and just stick them on 30mils for Bushido.

On the other hand I guess I could just use the 30mm lipped ones and measure from the inner area in ToH?

>>82296370
>TQ
Dark fucking Age. The models were a thing of beauty.
>>
>>82311010
Was DarkAge the one with the Romans?
>>
>>82309983
I'd pass on Perdita since every model in her box has unique moves and skills, maybe Basse or Parker since they're similarly shooty but they've got just four things to learn instead of seven.
>>
>>82311042
You may be thinking of GodSlayer.
Dark Age was a sci-fi game set on a colonized planet that regressed into a new Dark Age cause the AI that was supposed to look after people had to start eating them to keep itself alive. Or something to that effect. Great art from Brom for the early game.
>>
>>82311042
Space romans among with dozen other things. It's kind of a kitchen sink setting by design.
>>
>>82307958
>That game died for a reason and is better dead since nothing good came from it.
Lore? Design? Miniatures? That's quite harsh. You can't just judge a game by how it perform in a competitive environment, mate, most games fall apart because most tournament players -are- WAAC faggots by defintion. Competitive play attract the worst crowd no matter the game.
>>
>>82309926
It's already been shared for over a year, check the last thread. If the place given doesn't make sense, go read the documents in the OP of the PDF sharethread.

>>82311010
The minis for the two games are significantly different sizes, but the nominal base sizes don't really matter much in ToH either. Just base for whichever game people actually play in your area and roll with it.
>>
>>82309983
I would avoid the Explorer's Society to start. 3e toned down the complexity, but ES has been adding it back by the bucketload.
>>
>>82312045
This is good advice. I keep forgetting they exist. Like there's a mental block stopping me from thinking about their awful shit.
>>
>>82312045
That sucks, because IMO they have some of the best character designs.
>>
Any chance someone has the Oculus Spear suppliment for Reign in Hell?
>>
>>82311010
Is your pic from Dark Age too? I want that flask helmet wizard.
>>
>>82311042
No, Aztecs.

>>82313163
They're the Salt Flat Nomads from it.
>>
>>82313448
Thankies.
>>
>>82313530
Good luck on your hunt, they were popular, so will be hard to track down and find unless you know someone specifically looking to offload them.
>>
File: file.png (1.75 MB, 1003x1361)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
>>82304880
I bought some models for it,
check out the sprues.
>>
>>82305148
>>82305342
not him but I tried using shampoo and deoderant bottle for hover tanks but the glue doesn't adhere properly. I used gel superglue, liquid superglue and poly cement. How do you remedy this?

I used roll on old spice and a head and shoulders bottle
>>
File: 16194736.jpg (50 KB, 300x300)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>82314041
>>
The Spire's Centaur Avatara are up for pre-order.
>>
>>82314041
Didn't expect the flash to scale up with the model size. Jeez
>>
File: 1391494771124.jpg (80 KB, 500x545)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>82314041
Is it common?
>>
>>82307804
It seems like it's very much a side gig for the creators. Apparently they had stuff planned for release but they rely on trade shows and corona completely screwed them. hopefully they'll kick back into gear in the next 12 months, I want a copy of the rulebook and fluff damn it.
>>
>>82314060
You can try
1. Scrape the surface with sandpaper, so the glue has something to adhere to
2. Use greenstuff or other epoxy putty
>>
>>82301496
This is like 3rd, 4th hand at this stage but I've heard it's quite basic and lacking in depth. I remember a few anons seething when it first got released but can't say for certain.
>>
>>82314253
Fucking finnaly
>>
>>82314060
Pp and pe plastic glue primer, look out for "all plastics" or whatever on the packaging. Deluxe materials does a product called tricky stick which is a really good primer, don't know if you can get it outside of the UK though.
>>
>>82312704
Isn't it free?
>>
>>82309983
Go for Lady Justice and Freikorps.
Only get 1 crew of a factions, maybe 1 versatile. 3E really allows you to only play in keyword which I think makes it a lot easier.
Generally go for what you like though, I give a short overview who aren't so sexy and why:
>Guild
Darshel, summoner and lots of minions
Hoffman, complicated mechanics
Basse, a bit more terrain markers
Nellie, non-direct play
>Ressers
Molly, oppression
Jack Daw, chip damage and debuff
Yan Lo, upgrade and such

Damn have to work, so I couldn't finish the list
>>
File: AEG zombie Samurai.jpg (97 KB, 1000x750)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>82314060
Sand it and use super glue, or an actual two-part epoxy glue. If you're attaching stuff with super glue make sure there's a genuine mating surface with some contact between the two pieces and not just the edges touching -- superglue works the best when it's holding onto relatively wide surfaces that are very close together.

>>82296370
Clan War. Good old fashioned rank-and-flank with an RPG character conversion system and some good faction design ideas. The model line had.. issues. The sculpts themselves were incredible, but you had very poor variety and conversion potential outside of the handful of character models. Modern production techniques could really help with that. Unfortunately, like a lot of living-world multiplatform game universes, the metafiction was just evolving too fast for the wargame to keep pace. It's easy to iterate a CCG 4 times a year. With minis games you're looking at releasing more like one faction a quarter before you start to blow out not only your testing and design resources, but also the ability of your players to actually pay for anything.

Kensei is a good spiritual successor, and IMO the actual rules are better than the old Clan War system. That said, Kensei remains a VERY hard sell in the US and I feel like the L5R 'verse has plenty of untapped wargaming potential that just aren't being covered by it, Bushido, ToH, and En Garde. Plus it kicks the CRAP out of Erewhon.
>>
>>82314041
Never understood why people have such big gripes with flash. You do remove mould line, don't you? Don't you?
>>
>>>>82316572
Just means more time spent on the boring stuff rather than actually painting
>>
>>82314060
If all else fails, make some holes and put in wire to lock the object down.
>>
>>82316844
But taking out flash takes the exact same time than any regular mouldline?
>>
>>82316920
Different models have different amounts of flash, those particular ones seem on the heavy side
>>
>>82316920
Yeah, exactly, which is why people didn't mind the issues with finecast.
>>
I thought flash was the giant spiky bits coming off of metal minis, is it the thin layer of plastic around the outside of some plastic minis instead?
>>
>>82316970
Finescast had a laundry list of other issues, like most magic solutions to the pst-metal-resin conundrum.
>>
>>82317021
Both are side effects of the moulding/casting process. There will always be a seam between the halves of the plastic mould but some are better at managing it than others.
>>
>>82311905
Cheers. I think I'll go with 25mm. It's always easier to go bigger. Also not sure 30s would work with Kensei/Clash of Katanas.

>>82316155
>L5R
Check out the fan conversion for Test of Honour
https://www.tabletoptoysoldiers.com/emeraldempire

Haven't played but it looks very very neat. I'd use the Bushido/Kensei minis rather than ToH's for that fantasy flavor.
>>
>>82317021
A few different types of things happen where molds mate. Gates are the biggest, that's the spot that molten material goes in to the mold, often on the base. Vents are the places that air escapes the mold, usually drill holes. On the metal ones those are usually the spikes. On plastic both gate and vent are often on the sprue. Then you've got mold lines and flash, which are both products of molds mating imperfectly. The difference between the two is just a matter of degree. In the most extreme cases, you get mold slip, where the two halves don't line up properly.
>>
>>82309983
>malifaux for newbies
from what I've heard and seen *some* models are *really* fiddly to assemble
>>
>>82317844
And with softer mould like silicone you also get mould tear, where part of the mould has broken off and leaves a part of the model miscast. Sometimes it's tricky to spot, but the surface tends to be a bit rougher than elsewhere and ofc some of the details are missing or undercuts light be filled up. Sometimes you can even spot the soft mould material in the mess.
>>
>>82314060
SCIENCE
>>
>>82318287
>all plastics
>all materials
Isn't the line about plastics redundant?
>>
>>82318371
Not if it can bond any plastic to any other material, which is what I'd assume.
>>
>>82318010
I think that's one of their least fiddly sets.
>>
For the malifaux bros, why does no one talk about Sonnia Unmasked? I've played 3 games with her and each time due to the making of pyre markers my opponent has become salt incarnate. halving their movement via pyre makers, removing high cards (including red jokers), burning. but i see no one talk about her.
>>
>>82310286
I know the rule of cool don't worry. But in the end I'm looking for a playable set and sketchy mechanics will scare my gaming partner away.

>>82311077
>pass on Perdita
>>82312045
>avoid the Explorer's Society
>>82315989
>Go for Lady Justice and Freikorps.

All solid tips and exactly what I've been looking for thanks guys.

>Damn have to work, so I couldn't finish the list
I'd gladly read it full if you find the time to finish it

>>82318010
>>malifaux for newbies
I'm asking purely from the rules wise perspective. I'm painting and modeling stuff for few years now. Just happen to play very little.
>>
>>82319061
Honestly since Title were just released last week in the app most people probably haven't had a chance to actual run up against them. It is also worth noting that in comparison to some of the BS that other masters have (ES are still big offenders here) Sonnia doesn't seem so bad, at least on paper.
>>
>>82319061
I think people are still absorbing the 54 new titles. Sonia was one of the first dropped so I think her discussion kinda feel off.

That and people want to talk about the guys who got massive pretty jumps like Perdita and Mcmourning.
>>
>>82315945
Looks like this:
https://deluxematerials.co.uk/products/tricky-stick

And apparently they don’t ship from the crumpet isles. However, searching for superglue primer may get some other suitable products, like:
https://www.amazon.com/Aron-Alpha-Adhesives-Polyolefine-Plastics/dp/B00MTW2PRS
>>
>>82318010
I absolutely love assembling Malifaux, but they do have a lot of parts, some really tiny ones, and if assembly is not a stage you like it might be a hassle. dry-fit EVERYTHING and use plastic glue
>>
File: warriors-painted-6.png (1.52 MB, 1000x1000)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB PNG
>>82296370
With indie companies starting to provide resin miniatures printed on demand, at the same price as GW or lower, do you think that this could be the future of indie wargaming?

Until now those companies have faced issues with players not having a 3D printer, but now that they do print on demand, the barrier between an indie company and a big company is gone.

I would love to live in a world where every small cool indie game also comes with a handful of cool miniatures that are print on demand.
>>
>>82305734
>Anon thinks that shampoo
ZOOM ZOOM
>>
>>82320666
Makikg something on demans is hideously expensive compared to making the same thing in bulk. Even if they sell at GW prices, their profit margins will be very thin.
>>
>>82320713
>resurrecting old arguments only to throw reddit memes around
Yes, clearly you're the mature one here. Now scram.
>>
>>82320774
Who said anything about maturity?
>>
File: Perry-FF-GW.jpg (140 KB, 1024x683)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>glue Fireforge and Frostgrave guys to square bases to double as WHFB Skirmish guys
>integral bases overhang

I'm not playing 6E with rounds even if it is skirmish, guess 25mm(orc sized) bases are the only option? Short of cutting the integral bases off.
>>
>>82320916
Just trim down the integral bases, how fresh are you?
>>
Can anyone share Mantic Armada full rulebook, got the ships but not the book...
>>
Does anyone know of any paper terrain troves around /tg/?
>>
>>82320736
Keep in mind that even a costly industrial 3d printer can turn out a variety of models pretty quickly, and will just be the cost of the printer and photoresin. Compared to the cost of producing a bunch of sprues and molds, this could mean considerably lower up front costs, as the printer has the flexibility to make anything in the line. Additionally, this could be done in house, so you're also cutting on shipping costs and time delays (which is probably more enticing now while shipping chains are fucked up, but still).

It's still costly and slow, but there are some potential advantages that may help offset or even out the costs.
>>
File: 40k pepakura.jpg (89 KB, 960x720)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>82321207
/po/ has had some threads along that line in the past.
>>>/po/572890
>>
File: 3701t.jpg (72 KB, 538x216)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>82320916
I trim basically every integral base off, back to the feet. Even on like board game Miniatures that come on round bases, I'll take them off and put them on 25/32/40mm wargaming bases

Yes I am a sicko that hates myself
>>
File: craaazy bobbyyy.jpg (171 KB, 1200x665)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>82310502
Uh oh, someone has given Crazy Bobby the password to the website and he's generated a special discount code that we can't seem to delete. From today until Monday (November 29th) you can save 15% on selected Mantic products* on the website. Perfect if you're planning on starting a new army or want to get your Christmas shopping finished nice and early. Just use the code below at the checkout to save some serious cash.

BLACKFRIDAY2021

* discount code doesn't apply to new releases, pre-orders, digital products, events and third party products
>>
>>82322763
>15%
lol, I won't even get out of bed for a deal that shit
>>
>>82322786
Tbqh, we don't out from our beds much these days in any case.
>>
>>82322763
>15%

I will [redacted] Mantic on my next trip to Nottingham

What a little bitch boy company they are turning into
>>
Are there any Warhammer fantasy gamers that moved to Kings of War?
What edition of WFB and KoW did you play, and which do you prefer?

And lastly how does KoW square up against WFB 6th edition which some people say is the best edition?
>>
>>82318010
This is also a do-it-yourself kit.
>>
>>82322908
Finish up the GW headquarters while you're up there. Bri'ish plumbing did a nice start, should be easy enough.
>>
>>82319061
I thought those suckers were destructibles.
Without destructibles you can basically throw down 3-4 marker via bonus action and around 2-5 by turn 2.
Man and incorporial won't help shit.
Noone will get anywhwere, I guess the only way to survive is with place effects and true marker eating (Blow it to hell and incorporial won't help at all)
>>
>>82322763
>crazy Bobby
Is this guy supposed to be a parody of James Workshop?
Mantic seems to be raising the prices on its miniatures. At the very least the company announced it in a blogpost ahead of time and cited increased plastic and shipping prices, but Mantic needs to be careful on how to avoid going the way that Privateer Press went.

Does anybody by any chance know of a miniature manufacturer that produces rank and flank miniatures in bulk prices cheaper than Mantic? I want to get as many options as possible.
>>
>>82323357
I think it's just the "used cars salesman" -stereotype like in
https://youtu.be/07vdtBMG4Kg
>>
>>82323357
If you want REALLY cheap, look for 1/72 stuff.
>>
>>82323357
Can't bothrr to check which of these are actually cheaoer than mantic (and it varies from product to product anyway), but the few usually thrown around are historical manufacturers like Perry and Victrix. Wargames Atlantic sells quite affordable historical, scifi and fantasy kits. Em4 sells still quite cheap stuff from years back, but your choices in plastic are very monotonic monopose. I guess Warlord also sells some kits that qualify. Oathmark and Fireforge may also be worth a look. In resin there are also a couple options, TTCombat sells hakflings and some other fantasy stuff, Momminiatures in spain makes Dwarfs etc.
>>
>>82319161
Okay I will talk a bit about the factions, but also keep in mind while many factions have a core identity, each keyword will have aspect which makes them slightly unique but might also make them closer to other factions.
Each keyword have also 1-2 unique ability which gives them identity:

>Guild
The goverment of Malifaux. Each keyword is basically an arm of the state, you are mostly straightforward damage dealer with twist. More ranged then melee.
>Lady Justice
The undead hunter, generally you will heal with kills and be more straightforward.
For more advanced plays you can imprison people in pinewood boxes removing them from play (which they can try to escape back to the game)
>Perdita
The monster hunter. Many specialized people, usually more ranged then others.
Their big thing is that each family member can let another family member take an action, so bubbly.
>Sonnia
Mage Hunter. She is a blaster (as is her henchman) who will stand back. All her cheap minion will run in and tie the enemy up while she then explodes everyone around the enemy.
So one side is mages blasting from range, the other are witchling who tie everyone up. Also fire
>Charles Hoffman
Robot Hunter (also dual faction arcanist).
He runs around with a lot of robot.
His thing is doing a feedback loop between him and all the other machines.
So very bubbly and has a lot of though machines.
Now follows the non-hunters.
>Lucius
Sekretariat for the Governour. Studied in Wien, educated and influental. He is also a Neverborn, and a mimic.
His entire group is all about giving out order to the lower ranks and such.
Mimics are more about taking the action of an enemy, elites are about conditions.
I love the old guild lawyers.
>Nellie
Journalist payed by the goverment. You are a schemy group, a lot of interaction and chip damage. Generally you don't allow the enemy to work and just stop him getting points. Worst comes to worst gage has a big metal pickaxe.
>Basse
The sheriff of the frontier.
>>
>>82323319
Yeah, 3 per bonus action by stoning and using a crow, one (at least) by attacking. The opponent is slowed by them and you're not. discard the top of their deck or keep it if its all trash. I've only played two people against her and they became salt. one was playing brew2 and the other was playing Mcmorning2 which i've heard so much more about. I just think it's odd.
>>
>>82323747
Forgot to mention, the Witchling Thrall. Sooo good. Do the thing to give him burning 2 and push him 4 inches which activates Sonnia's Enraged by the mage letting him attack. I just love her but i feel like i can't play her because the guys are getting so salty. But also no one is talking about her.
>>
Glad you guys are talking about Malifaux. I'm about to go to my first tournament this weekend. Any advice for a Bayou player?
>>
>>82323626
Basse and his posse also double as explorer society (though are on the easier side).
Your thing is favorible terrain (ignoring sever terrain) and dust bowl.
So you will toss up a lot of dust to fight out the battle. Fun but requires some planning.
>Darshel
The 0815 guy guard guy.
Guardsmen are generally a more hordy factions. Your unique traits are looting dead bodies and small bonuses to targetting already activated guys.
Unique to Darshel is the fact that he can summon his cheap minions.
General you are a mass army with a lot of weak but courages guardsmen.

Like I said:
Darshel, Nellie, Hoffman, Basse and also Lucius (due to him ordering people) I would not recommend to beginner

Well I move to Arcanist next:
They are the illegal mages, railroad workers and monsters. As basically everyone who enters malifaux now have magic, basically everyone is illegal.
Worst of all, unions.
Gameplaywise you have lots of magical effects, status and solo models.
>Rasputina
Ice witch and avatar of a ice based tyrant from the before times. Also her cold are bunch of cannibalistic assholes.
She is a long range (with arcnodes) blaster who likes ice pillars.
Her crew has two sides, the two sides are the ice elemental and the living followers.
You like making the enemy slower, and when they are dead you eat them.
>Collette
Showgirls of the most famous theatre.
Also smugglers. These are basically lots of interact and schemey dudes. Your unique shit is doing schemes while engaged. You can do some cool (and damaging effects) but it does require some set-up.
>Marcus
An old fuck, who had magic to make himself young again. Now he is king of the jungle. A bit complicated with his evolution tech. His theme is all around his beast (generally fast and hard hitting) and mutating them (wings, horns and camo).
While he is generally easy enough to pick up, his mutation can be dauting.
>Mei Feng
Chinese railroad worker. Also Ten Thunder spy. She is all about the kung fu and bending metal
>>
>>82323855
Who are you bringing?
As a bayou player I think your ultimate goal is to have fun, make fun of other and booze yourself to death.
>>82323862
Mei Feng group are very mobile, her uniqueness is the ability to teleport to any scrap marker.
So to become mobile though you first need to set down the scrap marker.
>Kaeris
The fire Bitch, the symbol of resistance.
Make a lot of fire and drag your enemy through it. Read the burning condition, you are ready now.
>Toni Ironside
The Unions. Bonuses if you are slightly hurt and bonus to being close together.
She is a tank while her crew has many support pieces.
Bubble crew.
>Sandeep
Indian Teacher.
Uses all gamins and build upon the concentration and the demise of each minion. Very cool thematically but I don't recommend it.

Generally the faction is actually melee focus, you will usually go close to hit them.

Not recommendation:
Sandeep has way to many moving part
Collette is a schemy master with indirect damage
Toni, does require you to understand how to buff things and how to best bubble.
Rasputina requires you to build correct pillar (and not wall yourself off (If we get to neverborn I can write a boom)) and make use of slows

I found this btw
https://schemesandstones.wordpress.com/2019/12/24/quick-introduction-arcanists-12-23-19/

Sadly I will continue tmr (7 h), but I want to repeat myself:
Go for looks and lore first, gameplay second.
I love the fluff behind Hamelin, but I am horrible with hordes and automated processes.
Still one of my favorite crews to play even though i lose.
>>
>>82324032
I might do one more, but I totally forgot:
https://www.wyrd-games.net/von-schill
Here you can click yourway through

I'll do Outcast as I like them.
Outcast are the mercenary factions, and last of the M1E factions.
Many different themes a bit chaotic.
Fast, and slightly ranged I would say. A bunch of condition you can create to improve yourself
>Von Schill
German mercenary. Everyone has atleast 1 armor, but otherwise you are very generalist. What holds you together is the old man and his chest tossing out equiptment for your guys to adapt to any situation. Very generalist but I like the style.
>Viktoria
Mercenaries. The keyword is slightly build around the Victorias killing a target basically by themselves. Their master (OG version) are actually two masters. The theme has a lot of cool mercenaries. Your unique features are the battle tempo which allows you to reposition all. Very stylish, and cool.
>Parker
Bandits and Highwayman. Your two uniqur traits are life on the crime and run and gun. Run and Gun allows you to run adn shoot,, basically making all your guyd incredibile effective. The other theme is build around scheme markers. You even force the enemy to drop some just to steal it. Very suave but on the harder side.
>Tara
Time wizardy. You will either slow down the enemy, or suprise him by speeding him the fuck up. But then you will imprison his speed up guy, just to kill him before your enemy gotten to use it.
A lot of alien looking nothingness.
>Zipp
Gremlin who drops piano. He is the skycaptain, most heroic personality.
Lots of his stuff is via his piano drops and shit. Generally a more entertaining crew.
>Levictus
My man. He is an immortal being who basically has a bunch of hollow waife to have second lifes. Less impressive then in M2E but nevertheless pretty cool.
While he will hurt himself to be better, his crew is 2 parted.
His machine buddies are like him and will slowly decompose (due to their ability or someone elses).
>>
>>82323477
>1/72
Pardon my retardation. I'm an slow ADHD walking defect.
Is this "1/72" scale similar or outright the same scale as 28mm and yet somehow at far more reasonable prices?
>>
>>82324198
His living improve themselves with the leftover.
Generally you like chip damage, your uniqueness is the entropy ability which damages everyone around you and the unmade which damages everyone targeting you.
>Jack Daw
The spirit of Torment.
Lots of cursing the enemy and an army of ghost.
>Hamelin
My oldest love. He summons rats, gives the enemy some plague just to summon more rats. He can have up to 9 fucking rats. Man I love him.

Complicated for beginner:
Hamelin, as you need to have a gameplan to maximize your rats.
Jack Dawn, upgrades are complicated and playing a bunch of ghost too.
Levictus and Ashes and Dust are complicated the rest you can figure out.
Tara, time magic is hard to master

Sorry I had to cut it short.
Check out the official link
>>
>>82320736
Yes, I suppose so. But even if the profit margins are thin, it would still give indie devs a chance to sell models, which previously was unheard of. This actually means that we could start having games in wild genres that didn't get covered before, because nobody was making models for them.

Have a cool idea for an indie game about 80s skater gangs armed to the teeth? Make models for them, and now people will actually play. It opens up a whole new world of possibilities.
>>
>>82324280
No, it's close to 20mm. When 28mm is using fractional scale it is usually called 1/54 or 1/48. It's not that popular among the wargaming crowd, being more modelling focused.

That said with 1/72 being a stock model kit scale there are some dirt cheap kits out there. This was about 10 years ago, but I bought an 80 man German late war infantry kit for about £15. WW II is probably the most common you'll find, but there's plenty of older historicals as well out there, and a few fantasy kits. It's honestly not a bad scale if you want to get some models cheap and don't want to go all the way down to the real small scales.
>>
File: trixiebelle.png (122 KB, 478x433)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
>>82324032
Zipp, Wong and Zoraida should cover me for most pools. Yeah I'm going in mostly to have a blast.
>>
>paint models to a game with a local scene
>or paint these models with apparently no scene/OOP rules
Decisions, decisions...
>>
>>82324798
Yeah that should do it.
Is the tournament using the new titles?
>>
Am I an idiot or is there no malifaux stuff in the mega? Just looking for Malifaux Burns if at all possible
>>
>>82326084
I don't think Burns has been scanned in full yet. The cards should be up now, at least on the app. But for fluff, still waiting for a scan.
>>
File: KoW_dwarf_king.jpg (63 KB, 600x600)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>close friend wants to reduce pile of shame a bit
>asks me if I want his KoW dwarf army box (2017)
>I answer yes
>pick it up
>open it
>metal dwarf king miniature is a different dwarf miniature. It does not look like pic-related
>has the same circle for Mantic's circle-slot bases™
>definitely a Mantic Dwarf King miniature, but not pic-related

I was thinking about picking up some more KoW dwarf miniatures and I thought it would be nice to have the other two dwarf king miniatures. The Dwarf King with axe and pic-related.

However I checked the store and it appears that the dwarf King cannot be bought individually now. I double checked the website and it aint there. Did it get discontinued or did the lads at Mantic decide to have it exclusive to the Dwarf Army 2017 box?

Its past 1AM where I am I'll take a picture of the Dwarf King miniature I got instead of pic-related.
>>
>>82327310
There's a few cases where units are only available via army boxes I think. Or at the least only as either an army box or mad priced skirmish box. Might just have been phased out though
>>
File: MGKWM112.png (1.38 MB, 1200x696)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
Should I take the KoW-pill with War in the Holds for $70? I'm torn between Goblins and Rats so worst case scenario I can use the army I like less as unit fillers/slave regiments etc. if my gf doesn't like them enough to start an army on her own, right?
>>
>>82296370
Anyone got a lead on good Asian army models, Japan, China, Monguls etc
>>
So I will be the first one:
Any cool Black Friday sales?
Malifaux has it usual one but the limited figure is terrain today.
Knightmodels has a cool one but the Batman game sucks balls in 3E. Might still get Batman with Guitar.
Infinity has a small sale (no unique minis) and a collection of a faction for 300 (Can someond tell me if that is worth it)
Freebooters Fate has two unique and just a general sale
Anvil has a sale
Ranging Heroes has a unique and some sales
Shieldwolf has a big one but I got burned by them as I got by Mercs
Victoria Miniatures also a one I might go for
>>
>>82319061
>>82319303
>I think people are still absorbing the 54 new titles.
I'm kind of just not bothering.
Having to learn half a new game to avoid getting dumpstered really kicked my travelling/tournament motivation in the dick, just as the tournament scene started jumping off again.
So instead, I'll learn the dozen Masters played locally, and not many of us give much of a shit about Titles at the moment anyway.
Titles were nearly as much of a mistake as Explorers for game balance.

>>82323747
Well, if the Dougie player ever gets his auto-executes off, you have every right to act like a baby then as well.
I think a bunch of the titles have hard escalated the power creep, but in an inconsistent way - Sonia Unmasked effectively requires that you bring marker removal, which for a lot of factions is pretty pricey, and that is wasted if Sonia Basic Bitch is declared.
>>
>>82324513
Plus companies like italeri make quick-build double packs of vehicles that are about 10 pieces each and very much 'wargame grade' i.e. not tonnes of fiddly bits for modelling nerds to obsess over.

Mm scale is the height of the model from their feet to their head/eyes, ratio scale is how many times smaller the thing is than the real version. 20mm/ 1/72 is pretty good because it's cheap, not tied to one manufacturer and certainly for ww2 and beyond you can use OO-gauge railway buildings which you can get as flat pack coloured card kits from companies like Metcalfe for very little or look out for job lots of old railway layouts being sold and scavenge them instead.

I base my guys on 1p coins, which are hard wearing, the right size and if made after 1993 have the right metal content to stick to magnetised rubber sheets for storage.
>>
File: Lady J 3e blue.jpg (127 KB, 1500x903)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>82324798
>>82323855
Learn your crew(s) so you can make decisions.
The only bad thing about playing someone new-ish to the game or to tournaments is only getting to play half a game because 'casual' players are often too used to having a minute to think on every activation.
Make a plan and then just make plays, even if in hindsight you have made a few mistakes.

The only person I know who had a bad time, rather than just a tiring time, decided to play McCabe for the first time ever in a tournament. He usually plays 3-4 hour games, and talks through rather than plays Turn 5.
He nearly dropped during lunch after his round 2 opponent said "I get that you're new, but you can't be doing this if we're only getting one activation into turn 3 over 2 hours".
>>
>>82327862
>Knightmodels
I just went and had a look, even at bundle prices that's a lot of money for a lot of those sets.
>>
>>82303443
Thanks. For that price you really can't ask for much, but the minis (especially those swarmers) look actually pretty good.

Haven't bought a board game in quite a while anyway..
>>
>>82327970
While I like justice, man did they massacre the style of the judge.
The new judge also seems a bit weirdly proportionaled.
Justice is still cool as fuck though.

Would chess clocks be an option? Or is that to autistic?
>>82327935xs8na
I think it is one of the curses of miniature game.
You always have to do new stuff, otherwise you can't sell things.
People won't just keep buying (unless there is something anew) and getting new people into it won't work longterm
>>
>>82327982
https://www.knightmodels.com/en/35-black-friday-2021/#main-menu
Looks par and course with character skirmish miniature.
Cool minis but you pay for em
>>
I'm trying to get my younger brother into wargames because he already plays D&D and I think he'd like it. I don't live near him so can't introduce him that way, so I was thinking of picking up a rulebook of something as a christmas gift which he can then use as the basis of getting into the hobby himself with his friends.

I was thinking of Stargrave cause he likes sci-fi and it seems simple enough, but I dunno if anyone else has recommendations for a seriously simple, beginner friendly game that would only require him to pick up a few minis
>>
File: cursed.png (29 KB, 134x114)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>82325542
Yeah they do but I don't really have suitable proxies. Plus I don't think a tourney is time to get experience in.

>>82327970
I'm worried this will be me. I tend to get option paralysis but I usually play with people who get the same or don't mind it. It's going to be a real gear shift to pressure myself into speeding up but I'll try.
>>
>>82328351
You're probably better off getting something off an archive and giving it a go with him, that's what I would do anyway. Otherwise stargrave seems like a fine choice
>>
>>82328351
Get him Gaslands rulebook
>>
>listen to people who say the 6E skeletons are too clunky
>buy the 7th edition box
>because of tiny contact points heads fall off or minis fall off bases during priming even with a smaller, softer brush.

Remember these are gaming pieces first, robustness is important.
>>
>>82328576
Those skeletons are still the best on the market. I mean were... Now its those European bronze age skeletons by North Star.
>>
File: 8361875983_080bf6cd50_b.jpg (231 KB, 1024x768)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>82328576
the people who hate goofy skeletons may as well not be human
>>
File: DSC05580.jpg (264 KB, 800x491)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>82327854
>Japan
--Bushido's are best, but they lack the numbers to make an army, perfectly good for warbands though.
--Steelfist make the nicest samurai and ashigaru out there, and have started making sohei.

These two are similar size and bigger than anything else. Then you have:
--Grey for Now's Test of Honour are excellent, if a bit tinier.
--Footsore's Warring Clans are just as good as GfN's technically, but I find the poses worse.
--Titan Forge, today on Black Friday discounts, has some interesting not-Japan, with some Chinese flavor added.
--Zenit's Kensei
--And finally, some of the latest Warlord's releases are very good too, and fit Footsore's & GfN's, like the samurai riding huge temple dogs, the oni, the onna bugeisha and the sohei.

All of these are metal but for Titan Forge's, those are resin. Perry's are outdated in my opnion.

>pic related
Left to right: Steelfist, Kensei, Perry. The first two are a very decent size match for Warhammer Fantasy's knights.

>>82327862
Titan forge has some nice discounts.
From Corvus Belli I picked some Aristeia singles, I have never seen them so discounted. Still pricey though. As for the collections, I think they are very good deals... if you happen to be interested in a whole range, which I rarely am.

And then, it's mostly local shops clearing inventory. If anyone sees Scale 75 paints discounted anywhere in the EU please let me know!

>>82328576
Although I agree with the general idea, if you use glue for plastic, not superglue, that should not happen. I have about 400 skellies, so I know.
>>
>>82327970
What in the actual fuck?
I painted the m2e box and it looked awesome, this is... I don't know what the fuck it is, but certainly nothing I'd want to pay any money for.
>>
>>82328919
failed to mention that Zenit's Kensei minis although beautiful, are slightly more truescale, and so the weapons and such bend even more easily, which is terrible for gaming. Not sure I am happy with my purchases.

On the other hand, no one has undead Japan.
>>
>>82327862

Dream Pod 9 will have some level of sale.

On a related note, I would like to get into Heavy Gear Blitz but will likely be playing solo for the foreseeable future. Does anyone with any experience or suggestions WRT starting with the starter/army boxes?

I believe you can build a full army from each army box but is it one you would actually field?

If I'm primarily interested in North and South is it better to get the two player set or would I really regret not getting the extra models from the army boxes (Kodiak/Ferret & King Cobra/Drones) for more chassis?

Any other advices (like don't do it)?
>>
>>82328896
I have Mantic skellies on the way for a Halloween project so we'll see if they're stronger. Definitely ordering the chunky lads for nostalgia, the third mini I ever painted was one of those.

>>82328919
I used plastic glue and even if the glue held the arms and weapons were unpcomfortably bendy, they don't feel strong.
>>
>>82327862
>Infinity has a small sale (no unique minis) and a collection of a faction for 300 (Can someond tell me if that is worth it)
It's a good price assuming you are committed to the game and like those factions
>>
>>82326486
Okay thanks for the tip. Admittedly even so I haven't really seen a folder for any or that? Neither in the mega nor the pastebin
>>
>>82326486
Why a scan? Wasn't it officially released in PDF recently?
>>
>>82328576
How hard do you brush on primer? I have about 40 of these dudes and the only time I've had a breakage was when I dropped them head first while they were attached to a plank to spray them on
>>
>>82329707
>he doesn't sandblast his figures before actual primer
>>
>>82327854
>>82328919 aldready gave you some good options. I'd add The Assault Group to the list, simply because they have a rather complete range for army building and medieval asian periods are a little underserved in general.
For Mongols you also have the plastic kits from FireForge.
>>
>>82301496

I am planning to buy the base book along with its expansion, which has scenarios for solo.

How sure how would I setup, planning to amass some rat armies from resin warfare for it.
>>
>>82328948
The undead guys are really nice. I have no interest in the game and not much in the range overall but I still look at the zombie samurai occasionally.
>>
>>82327862
>Infinity has a small sale (no unique minis) and a collection of a faction for 300 (Can someond tell me if that is worth it)
If you are very into the faction, it's an okay deal. I picked up the Yu Jing one. The better discounts are on the army boxes and starter sets at 35% off.
>>
>>82328919

Not the anon that you replied, but thanks for the sites that sell feudal japanese minis. Like the anon above, I am also looking for more Chinese and Mongolian minis.

I know that Zenit Miniature's Kensei has Chinese Army under the name of Cathay.
>>
>>82330362
>Cathay
>indie manufacturer ripping off GW lore
Embarrassing.
>>
I need a sci-fi skirmish ruleset with a strong campaign element, /awg/.
The constraints are:
>Needs to accomodate GW models. In particular, one of the new guys only has a handful of plague marines, so I'd like something where she doesn't need to buy more models.
>Needs to work with 3+ players at the table (no IGOUGO).
>Doesn't need a grid or similar (i.e. no Deadzone).
>Doesn't need extensive house ruling or homebrewing to not fall apart.

What are my options, /awg/? I'm currently considering Zone Raiders or TnT, but none of them is a perfect fit.
>>
>>82327811
$70 for 60+ models sounds pretty good to me. Go for it
>>
>>82327935
>Titles were nearly as much of a mistake as Explorers for game balance
Big disagree. It's just a slimmed down version of the old limited upgrades.
>>
>>82330382
>Thinks GW invented the term "Cathay"
Embarrassing
>>
>>82330560
I really enjoy both Zone Raiders and TNT and would heartily recommend either. I do not know a better system for this kind of thing. Morlocks don't usually run heavy but an elite Morlocks force is probably the best way to make Plague Marines work in Zone Raiders.
>>
File: battlesuit_front.png (2.32 MB, 720x1320)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB PNG
Hey there friends. Does anybody have a link to PDF manuals of the old Steve Jackson games? IE OGRE, Battlesuit and so on? I checked a couple of troves but couldn't find anything. I specifically need Battlesuit's.
>>
>>82330560
you're looking for grimdark future firefight
>>
>>82330901
>strong campaign element
>does not need extensive houseruling
OPR fags please leave.
>>
>>82330777
>Morlocks
Is it? I was thinking an all power armour Reclaimer or warband.

>>82330901
lolno
Besides not having a real campaign element, the ruleset is so simple it's painful. The only use I can find for OPR is weaning people off of GW games.
>>
>>82327862
Northumbrian Tinsoldier are doing 25% off everything. I'm really tempted to buy some of their big terrain pieces which are gorgeous and characterful but so spendy even with the discount. I haven't seen any other BF sales that have piqued my interest. I was hoping someone would have Aristeia expansions and Bushido stuff on sale but no luck
>>
>>82330947
Reclaimers are definitely the go-to for slow and heavy armor, but anyone can buy armor and I think the Morlock abilities fit better with the CC threat and 'Chaos' aspect of Plague Marines. Morlocks get some interesting ways to ignore damage and heal too. However, the warbands aren't prescriptive and you should run as whatever you think is best.
>>
>>82330841
I've only played Ogre. Battlesuits sounds like fun though.
>>
>>82330841
In addition, I noticed there's a copy on Scribd, but my free membership there ended. If anybody could hop by and nab it for me, I'd appreciate it.
>>
File: MMM-Male_900x (1).jpg (17 KB, 217x536)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Wyrd is doing 50% off shirts.
Someone please help me not be retarded.
>>
>>82331630
imagine how much pussy this shirt would get you, goddamn
>>
>>82331630
I still have the resser shirt.
Fucking useless but it amuses me
>>
>>82330739
GW Cathatards on suicide watch
>>
>>82330841
filename is the scribd downloader. No counters though
>>
File: Shenlong Approved.jpg (75 KB, 960x960)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>82328250
>man did they massacre the style of the judge.
Yup.
I don't know how to say this in a way that doesn't slide into /pol/shit, but... why is the cool dynamic cowboy lawbringer a static croptop chick in heels with a comically over-sized katana?

>>82328250
I am sliding towards chess clocks being acceptable, but my hard line would be strictly as a decider/tie-breaker for tight games where one player has clearly burned significantly more time than another - like 20 minutes in a 2 hour round.
That or a deathclock, but with 75 minutes for a 120 minute round.

>>82328386
>I tend to get option paralysis... It's going to be a real gear shift
Just make moves. It is one of the things that clocks helped me with (in a different game, admittedly). When you literally see time draining away, even when there's plenty left, you are made aware that a lot of this ruminating is basically wasted time - you're unlikely to actually reach some incredible epiphany by checking every card and every possibility, and if trusting your instincts proves wrong, you'll probably remember that point and spot a way to make the better decision after the fact.
You may well find that your game actually improves - you get closer to the end game with more blood sugar and brain fats, so you actually see more of the game.
>>
>>82332362
Friend got a chess clock and we started using it for games. I like it.
>>
>>82330690
I don't think the Ripple upgrades altered the core gameplay styles as much as (some of) the Titles do.

>>82331721
>resser shirt.
?

Anyway, anyone going to UK Nationals tomorrow?
>>
>>82332362
Yeah lady J is still awesome but Lady Judge really needs some personality.
Some markings for her status, fuck give her like a burning skull, a rotting jaw anything.
>>
>>82332662
This shirt of the ressurectionist.
We used to call them ressers
>>
File: Nicodem Ortega.jpg (20 KB, 328x312)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>82332749
Ok that's not bad at all.
The beard meme shirt is weak though.

>>82332714
>Some markings for her status, fuck give her like a burning skull, a rotting jaw anything.
Yup, she's just a non-descript woman currently - and suspiciously Asian as in all previous pan-Asiatic characters have been TT plants. Get a hat.
>>
>>82332831
It kinda asks some drunk retard to bonk you from behind in public.
>>
>>82332362
I don't okay guild, but I'm glad I got The Judge (male)
>>82332749
Resser is our word. They can say Ressa.
>>
File: IMG_20211126_201154.jpg (292 KB, 1067x1866)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
>Kingdom Death guy instantly bullied into removing this NFT sale

Based
>>
>>82333313
has anybody actually played Kindom Death here? Is the game fun and how awkward was it to explain the contents to your friends and how fragile are the miniatures?
>>
This sucks. There were supposed to be sales but there is nothing worthy of attention. Burgers can fuck up everything, even their insane godless holidays.
>>
>>82333414
that's more of a /bgg/ question, but the game miniatures are plastic and as sturdy as anything else on the scale (32mm), the collector miniatures are in resin and pretty frail
>>
File: A1fEh+bi9qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (391 KB, 1500x1062)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
Thoughts on A Song of Ice and Fire?
I've seen some videos and it looks easy to learn and teach others.
>>
>>82333470
>CMON
>Rank and flank in retardedly large scale
I wouldnt touch it
>>
File: sp00ky.jpg (637 KB, 2367x1467)
637 KB
637 KB JPG
>>82328992
I try to make them touch something else, like the weapon just brushing against the shield, of the shield barely touching the cloth. I find it helps inmensely. Pic very much related, using a mix of Oathmark & the previous 2 versions of GW calcium-rich gentlemen.

>>82330267
If I were you I'd dive in the awg threads of... summer? An anon did an in-depth description of their campaign. Fun was had, although they themselves highlighted quite a lot of issues with the system.

>>82330560
TNT, Star Breach, Scrappers.

>>82333430
I picked clean Wayland's Bushido section as well as a lot of Scale75 paints.
Also, both AK and Scale 75 have good discounts on their own websites.
Also Brother Vinni at 40% off is great.

Dunno what to say, I think the deals are out there.
>>
>>82333470
Haven't played it myself, but I only ever read very good things about its rules. From what I get it is somewhat actively played in Germany and despite >CMON it survived longer than probably even some of the initial backers would have thought.
>>
>>82333430
It's pretty fun. It's more of a board game than anything.
Imo it's major draw back is that like a lot of Co-op games it suffers from alpha player problem.
The campaign is pretty fun though and the combat AI adds a fun sub-game to combat, if a bit metagame-y.
The fluff/art/models are the big draw though.

I have sorta ignored it since it dropped though. I'm waiting in the wargame version that is surely totally absolutely coming one day.
>>
>>82333556
I had a look at Wayland's sale, and it reminded me...
Fifty Bongbux MSRP?
What the fuck were Wyrd thinking?
The Wyrdscape terrain is nice, certainly, even very nice, but it is literally twice the price that I'd be happy to pay for it.

I'm being a tight git, and it's a reality of making injection-molded plastic terrain that it won;t sell in volume that enables low prices even if the dies are relatively simple, but...
Fifty fucking squids?
>>
>>82333697
>The Wyrdscape terrain is nice, certainly, even very nice, but it is literally twice the price that I'd be happy to pay for it.
Yeah this was my thought too.
Idk why the price pointb is so high.
>>
>>82301496
>>82301711
>Reign in Hell
>Some anon once posted a very in-depth look
What I found telling was that he was pretty positive about the game, as far as being fun etc. and still said it was basically a bit shit.
>>
Anyone played Anno Domini 1666?
Any good?
The minis look nice.
>>
>>82333414
The game models are reasonably sturdy hard plastic. There is some weird shit (at times literally) in the game, but it's lighthearted enough that most normalfags probably won't care much if you can rope them in. It takes up a large footprint just to play, and even more for storing all the minis and add-ons, and setup for each phase can take a while since it involves a lot of shuffling and sorting cards. That said, as long as you don't take it too seriously (characters will die, 1/5 of which will be for mostly bullshit reasons) the game is really enjoyable to play, and the expansions add a ton of variety that has kept my friends and I playing since it lauched.
>>
>>82333414
It was good enough.
It kinda ramps up naturally but for fuck sakes you need like 3 tables to prepare the table and shit.
We played with new people over Tabletop simulator and it was fluent enough.
One person needs to be ready as fuck though
>>82333470
I quite enjoy it. Fixed regiment size makes it a lot more fluid and I have fun whenever I play it.
While 2 things are an issue (MoD is too strong, Nightwatch are opressive) I stilll think a lot is determined on the battlefield and al the units and heroes are pretty characterful
>>
>>82333604
I did some research and the rules got updated in June.
The Good:
Ton of balance issues fixed
The Bad:
All rules and cards in every box except the greyjoy faction are all out of date.

Lthe bright side is all the rules are free, unless you want official cards and datacards.
>>
>>82334059
The decks are a massive problem.
They even changed the names of some so you can't even just use the same cards you need to cross reference the card.
You can now buy them though but delivery kinda died in the last half year.

Gameplaywise: Yeah, it is better now, a lot of the useless units are fieldable.
Internal and outer balance is pretty good (for the most parts) now
>>
>>82333806
They do look very good, but from pics I have seen they are definitely on the trueish scale side of things, which for me is a big no-no when dealing with muskets, swords, and the like.
>>
>>82332347
Fantastic. Thank you!
>>
File: 13251974561.jpg (112 KB, 1024x898)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
Guys please sell me on Malifaux. My gf just found a Youko Core Box on discount and she wants to buy it since she loves the models. This is my best chance to bait her on wargaming.
What else do we need to play the game? Any extra shit like cards or fancy dice? Any additional models?
Also would Viktoria Core Box or Lady Justice be any balanced against her Youko thots? I want her to have the most enjoyable experience as possible so I don't want to pick any OP shit by mistake.
>>
>>82333470
Warmahordes -tier tables and presentation
>>
>>82330947
>>82330927
There are campaign rules though...
>>
>>82334216
Fuck off shill
>>
File: IMG_20210806_181039.jpg (302 KB, 2048x1968)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
>>82334216
Shoo shoo
>>
>>82334197
You need at least one more box to play against and two decks of cards. I'd recommend getting actual Malifaux cards instead of using a poker deck, if you're trying to temp someone in.
>>
>>82334283
>>82334307
Why are people mad at OPR?
>>
>>82334454
Not mad at OPR, just bored of the overshilling.
>>
>>82334454
Don't feed the trolls, anon
>>
File: c1C728m.png (316 KB, 517x488)
316 KB
316 KB PNG
>>82334434
Wait - a core box for each player and a deck of playing card is all I need to play Malifaux? That's it?
>>
>>82334611
Yes. Stop playing gw games, that stuff is normal.
>>
>>82297710
>Reaper Bones """USA"""
Just like Milwaukee """USA"""?
>>
>>82334454
Because a) its shit, b) its shilled here c) quality standards must be kept to keep this community worth anything
>>
>>82334611
The deck of playing cards makes it more painful than most other games
>>
File: ShinyBait.png (93 KB, 1000x1000)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>
>>82334847
Is one deck enough or do I need a deck for each player?
>>
>>82307958
>nothing good came from it.
Hybrid.
Cadwallon.
Most of the Confrontation miniatures.
>>
File: Yuoko Giraldez M3E.jpg (106 KB, 1944x1458)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>82333743
>Idk why the price pointb is so high.
>>82333697
>it's a reality of making injection-molded plastic terrain that it won;t sell in volume that enables low prices even if the dies are relatively simple

>>82334129
>from pics I have seen they are definitely on the trueish scale side of things, which for me is a big no-no
Explain.
Too flimsy at true thinness?

>>82334197
Two decks of cards (ideally the actual Wyrd/Malifaux suits, for ease of matching to statcards and because the art is pretty).
Stat cards - either available as block boxes for a whole faction, or just get the app, which is a little less convenient in gameplay but a lot more convenient in not having to go and buy it.
Measuring shit - tape measure is fine, the little widgets are dead handy though.
Tokens - optional, but I find it really helps to be able to keep track of who is poisoned or on fire or distracted or whatever (and how much).

Models - you will probably want a few extra models, even just to start because...

Lady J or the Viks will utterly devastate noob Yuoko.
Yuoko (and 70% of her crew) is a vulnerable control-y master focused on messing up the opponent's positioning and resource management - high skill floor and ceiling.
Your two options for rivals are women with big swords that sprint in to slap cunts until they die.
What will happen in the first five games is that you will kill all her models with ease and speed, and then she will stop playing, unless you very intentionally, and probably obviously, go patronisingly easy on her.
>>
>>82334611
At itcs most barebones, yes. Two starter sets will contain a functioning (albeit not always optimized) crew to play with. Throw in the rules, a fate deck for each of you (converting results from a regular playing card deck slows things down a lot, and doesn't have the same visual flair), and maybe a handful of something to use for tokens & blast templates, and you're good to go. Some terrain would probably help liven things up, as well.
>>
>>82334862
Each player needs their own deck.
And "one core for each player" is playable against each other, but it doesn't quite bring you up to minimum viable models for a normal game. It's fine for learnding, but isn't strictly balanced. A couple expansions per player isn't too expensive though if the demo goes well.
>>
File: 10T Brother.jpg (203 KB, 1024x768)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>82334197
>>82334862
>>82334611
>Wait - a core box for each player and a deck of playing card is all I need to play Malifaux?
No, not even nearly, if you plan to play anything past the barest of intro games.

A crew box, another box - either an addition or another crew box - and a deck of cards.
That's the reasonable minimum if you want to have any kind of interesting experience, because half the point of Malifaux is that a lot of the models are terrible at many of the objectives, but that's ok because you can pick your teams after you know what the objectives are.

If you just get Yuoko's box, there's basically only one guy that can do any fighting at all, and all the ladies he is defending will get slaughtered before they can do any of the objective scoring they can do, particularly against Lady J or the Viks.

I don't play a lot of Ten Thunders, but adding something like a Samurai or Ten Thunders Brother to the crew will mean they can at least participate in the fighting aspect of the game.
>>
>>82334929
>What will happen in the first five games is that you will kill all her models with ease and speed, and then she will stop playing, unless you very intentionally, and probably obviously, go patronisingly easy on her.
Well fuck. My other two choices are Colette and Nellie - would any of these scale better against Yuoko?
>>82334943
>>82334961
>>82334994
Shit okay, guess I will bite the bullet and buy the cards as well then. When it comes to models I'm fine with buying more but only once we actually try the game. Secondary market for Malifaux is pretty much non-existent in my country so whatever we buy stays with us for good.
>>
>>82335042
I'm not sure about the specific match up, but Nellie's girls are mostly schemey too, other than the butch cyborg and spider other. That might be better just because both sides are closer to being on the same page.
>>
>>82335099
Spider bot*
Fuck autocorrect
>>
>>82334862
One deck for players.
I highly recommend Malifaux Playdecks just because not needing to look up the symbol is a godsend.
>>82334611
For a demo game sure; if you like to expand I recommend 1 unit box.
In the beginning just play the initial box though.
If you expand I recommend:
For Guild: Wake the Dead or six Feet under are in keyword
I prefer wake the dead just for style
For Mercenary: Loyalty to coin or Hired Killer
Loyalty to coin as they are cooler.

But honestly you can do a easy demogame with the starter, you won't have enough to reach standart game sizes though
>>
File: P1010714.jpg (229 KB, 1600x711)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>82327970
Killing off the Judge was a mistake.
>>
>>82334994
The Lords of War or Silent Strike boxes offer easy decent options for adding a little beef to Yuoko's girl gang, but pretty much any other box will help - even the Kunoichi, which might appeal stylistically to the boss as well.

Having said that, for the initial learning games, you can play a good game with Henchman and a pair of the Minions, and add in the Master and Totem for the second or third game.
That would probably be Bill and two Geisha against The Judge and a Death Marshall or two.

Try something like two Schemes (mini objectives) and no Strategy (major objective) so you have a reason to do stuff other than just run in and hit each other.
Dig Their Graves and Search The Ruins from the rulebook might be suitable - you are both trying to get to a piece of terrain and spend an action to drop an "I searched this" flag to score points, but you also want to kill people next to those flags to score points. This means Yuoko's crew can do the distracting and luring thing, and you can still do a little.

As I sort of said above, Yuoko has a pretty specific role in which she is amazing, but also makes it quite difficult to learn the game with - it's not very obvious that you have achieved anything at all, let alone a meaningful advance towards victory, by inconveniencing the other guy's efforts.
Killing them with an enormous two-handed greatsword has a far more tangible effect.
>>
>>82335140
that looks so much nicer than the m3 sculpts it's almost embarassing
>>
>>82335042
I am prophesying catastrophe a bit hard here, but it kind of is the most likely outcome unless she is already decent at skirmish game strategies. Also, you can definitely play the first few games with only the crew boxes, but probably not more than 6-8 games.

Colette and Nellie are both pretty excellent choices to face off against Yuoko - they are sort of the counterparts in their respective Heroic Resistance Smuggler and Literally Hitlers factions.
All three boss ladies do a lot of the same scheming and objective-focused plays, but in interestingly different ways from each other.
They also follow the same box contents pattern of having the Master and a decent punchy Henchman, and three very-not-punchy Minions that are decent objective-runners.

I'd maybe suggest Nellie instead of Colette if only the mechanical playstyle was important, simply because Yuoko's Geisha and Colette's Performers play very similarly and maybe you want some contrasts in style.
Having said that, aesthetically, I'm picking Colette over Nellie all day.
>>
File: Lady Justice Metal.jpg (47 KB, 448x462)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>82335293
I was going to say "but the Judge looks like the least interesting dude there"...
And then I glanced back at the M3E box.

I'm glad that they swerved a little bit away from such explicit Ghost Rider looks, but apart from that one, the older sculpts are definitely my preferred too.
Never really liked the M2E sports bra or the oversell on the hair flick, but they put the stupid fucking bare midriff thing on her M3E full longcoat anyway, so what the fuck.
Best sculpt coming through. It absolutely isn't, the M2E one is, but traditions must be observed.
>>
>>82335397
I really like the m2 judge, the design just appeals to me
>>
File: KoWdwarf.jpg (36 KB, 540x595)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>82327310
>>82327514
Here is the dwarf king model that came with the Dwarf army 2017 (not the mega army).

I've tried googling around for a picture of the little lad, but I can't seem to identify what specific model he is. I like the mini don't get me wrong. I just wanna know what miniature it is specifically called in case I want to get another for perhaps using as a terrain statue.

I like the pose which is why I am interested. It looks like it would be a very stable statue.
>>
>>82335317
You can play whores, asian whores, undead whores and goblin whores. Gotta love Malifaux
>>
>>82327970
These poses look very unnatural. Fire whomever is responsible immediately.
>>
>>82327811
I've had a flick through the rules and they look great so my wife's getting me this for Christmas too, personally I think for what must be a 20% discount it's amazing value. I'm planning a ratmen army then something a bit more elite as a counter-army and the goblins will be a fun side project for loaner games.
>>
>>82335577
What about Undead Asian Goblin Whores?
>>
>>82335679
Some dreams cannot be. But we can dream.
>>
File: IMG_20211125_205544240.jpg (2.57 MB, 4160x3120)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB JPG
Bought the PDF of Mighty Monsters (Ganesha Games) so I have an excuse to print a 6mm city. Fairly quick playing.
>>
>>82335679
Pitch it to Wyrd for a Brewmaster-Seamus cross crew option.
>>
File: file.png (669 KB, 696x392)
669 KB
669 KB PNG
>>82335822
Neat
>>
>>82334197
>This is my best chance to bait her on wargaming.
Ahh, I remember my heady days of naive youth.
>>
>>82328989
The starter boxes are really good value. You might want to buy some infantry to mix in but it's not needed, by any means, with most armies in my experience. If you're good with magnets, you can really stretch those plastic kits out value-wise.

HGB itself is a good game, and the miniatures are usable for other games as well. I think those boxes are outstanding value.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (22 KB, 294x352)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>82335397
Get out of here.
Here is the best lady J
>>
>>82335521
Looks like it is intended to be a metal miniature rendition of the dwarf with a hammer in pic-related.

I don't remember Mantic ever releasing such a dwarf miniature. I think Mantic even released a larger scale like funko pop sized version of their dwarf miniatures at one point.
>>
>>82336402

Thank you.

I ended up getting the North and South army boxes and the small rule book which came to about $9 more than the North/South two player starter with the shipping threshold.

I'm definitely a fan of the mech design though a bit nervous about magnetizing.
>>
>>82307761
Goddamn, the Drune were sweet.
>>
>>82330560
Check out Renegade Scout. Its specifically for rogue trader style 40k skirmish campaigns.
>>
File: drunes.png (432 KB, 598x762)
432 KB
432 KB PNG
>>82338820
That's pretty cool they made Slaine minis.
>>
>>82333470
One of my favorite games right now; its very much easy to pick up and play. Regardless of pt size: the games go by fairly fast and you're not sitting around inbetween much like you would with warmahordes or gw systems, in general could do multiple battles in a single day off from work.
>>
>>82339583
It's also like, not perfect but reasonably solid as a game. You can do fun things and build different factions multiple ways.
>>
Anyone know where I can get some 28mm scale Tall Tale/Fearsome Critter and/or Native American mythical beastie miniatures?
>>
>>82339511
is that guard on the right smoking?
>>
>>82339651
Yeah, I like that about the attachment characters changing up how units play alongside how much you can do with non-combat units. Honestly wish more games had non-combat characters on the side.
>>
>>82339768
it's his kazoo
>>
>>82335822
That giant snark made my day, thanks anon.
>>
My FLGS is trying to get a Community for Conquest together. There are already several people building and painting models so it seems to be on a good track.
I myself like the models and what I learned from the lore just am a bit hesitant to buy without playing first.
Can anyone give me their experiences with the game? Would make it a lot easier to decide.
>>
>>82340201
If you like the lore and models you're probably set, the rules are always touted as great but the former two let it down in most eyes
>>
>>82340374
Can't really see why people don't like the lore of it.
>>
>>82321250
>>82320666
A mid-tier printing business with a large resin printer or two has a major advantage over a smaller hobby operation. They can pull orders when the business opens, sort them out into plates, and then just sort out the batches post-cleaning. Anything that misprints in batch one goes into B2. It gives you a lot of the speed and flexibility of on-demand in exchange for a guaranteed amount of time spent printing on a workday.

Resin and metal require resetting your molds or spinners and sorting/categorizing molds for each order. Yes, I can run off 20-30 of the >same< model in a double-cavity resin mold (and close to 100 in a spincaster) in the time it takes you to print a 10-model batch. But the 3dp guy can reset instantly and mix-and-match almost at will. Then you can wash and oven your prints while the printer is running and spend the afternoon packaging for your ship run.

Resetting the spincasting setup takes half an hour, and generally requires a blown casting run or three just to fully warm up the plates. Melting the metal takes around 45m if you're doing a large batch. The sloppier the setup, the worse your reject rate, too. On the bright side you can just throw all the bad casts back in the hopper and pop 'em down into the puck a minute later.

For resin I have to safe, clamp, mix, pour, level, shock or vacuum, and allow the mold to cure to ~80%. That's 5-15 m of interaction with the molds in each pour, although once one pour is up on the rack I can immediately set up a second and the mix/match capability is up there with the 3DP. Plus I have to prep and recast molds over the course of an entire day after ~20-30 pours, which is an hour of detailed work on the side. There's no recycling, so every blown cast goes in the seconds bin or the trash.
Resin's great for rapid-response on small numbers of minis and middling stock levels

>>82327854
>Japan
Perry and Bac Ninh have excellent lines of metals.

>China
Zenit miniatures
>>
File: 145896535.png (628 KB, 586x815)
628 KB
628 KB PNG
Can someone tell me the diameter of the circle on 30mm Malifaux bases? I wonder if a 25mm sculpted base would fill it nicely.
>>
>>82341121
>>82341121
>>82341121
>>
>>82339768
They breathe through tubes for some reason, can't remember why.
>>
>>82335521
>>82337088
That is a limited release Dwarf King, not (so far) available normally. It has been included in some limited promotions (such as the army box you mention, which is no longer available in that exact form), and could be cast on demand if you took the tour at Mantic HQ:

https://www.manticgames.com/news/mantic-tour-2018/

No idea if it's still available, but if not, then perhaps don't count on being able to pick up another one easily.
>>
>>82335521
>>82337088
That is a limited release Dwarf King, not (so far) available normally. It has been included in some limited promotions (such as the army box you mention, which is no longer available in that exact form), and could be cast on demand if you took the tour at Mantic HQ:

https://www.manticgames.com/news/mantic-tour-2018/

No idea if it's still available, but if not, then perhaps don't count on being able to pick up another one easily.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.