[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1524704809156.jpg (38 KB, 600x600)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
Smug Edition

>Previous Thread:
>>81717940

>New Guard rules preview
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/12/the-whiteshields-are-back-and-codex-supplement-cadia-makes-them-hard-enough-to-shrug-off-lascannons/

>New Collectors Edition Primaris Lieutenant.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/11/celebrate-warhammer-day-this-october-with-two-sensational-new-miniatures/

>Downloads; Rules Errata and FAQs:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs

>New /40kg/ Temporal Rules Mega:
cUUWURwR#LNTFjIFB4-aemXYqnJrDpg
>New 40k 9th rules backup Mega
LDoCWATa#oZ8IPMfCjMILgYKceZe6pw
>Old temporal megas
3NYgmDQI#KuIPI_UA9BlqZIp6wW1GTA
C7xRwCTK#1uu0138oItRbTbHYVkpXaQ
>40k Audiobook Mega
tEE13SBB#OPdnpBHImj2lMc5xLkRAmw

>Tools to Improve Battlescribe Readability:
https://buttscri.be/
https://rweyrauch.github.io/PrettyScribe/

>3rd Party Model Pastebin:
https://ghostbin.com/paste/5FGCz

>Thread Question:
Favorite faction you don't play, and why?
>>
First for hope you anons have a productive hobby week.
>>
File: googly flames (1).png (5.83 MB, 2652x2970)
5.83 MB
5.83 MB PNG
>>81720506
>>
>>81720555
>Favorite faction you don't play, and why?
Catachans
Too poorfag to start a Guard army.
And Catachan molds a so old that all models I've seen have horrendous moldlines.
>>
File: images (56).jpg (42 KB, 508x604)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>81720555
Ad Mech.

Cool cyborg priests and they're actually one of the more interesting takes on Transhumans in scifi.
>>
>>81720582
>>
>>81720555
Dark Eldar.

I suck at painting right now, and would not be able to make them look good.
>>
>>81720576
>bought primaris and metal 2e marines

Help me, James Workshopman, I'm going insane!
>>
File: Dwarf trains.jpg (2.84 MB, 868x7661)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB JPG
>>81720555
Squats because I can't play them.
>>
>TQ
Craftworld Eldar. More specifically aspect warriors. I just think they're neat. I wish GW agreed.
>>
>>81720555
thank you for an actual OP, OP

>TQ
not sure, I guess BT or IG (steel legion) just because I like the idea of having them as a counter to my many orkz
>>
>>81720555
Favorite faction you don't play, and why?
Orks because I'm already collecting 2 armies.
>>
>TQ
Chaos Space Marines are cool and it's always a blast to play against them because the CSM armies I run into are usually lovingly modeled and painted.

I've been tempted to make one myself since I don't have a Chaos army, but haven't made any moves towards doing it.
>>
>>81720555
GSC, the models are awesome (kelermorph is just the best).
>>
>>81720644
>thank you for an actual OP, OP
Pretty sad anon.
>>
>>81720640
Ditto. I'd happily buy new Eldar sculpts but GW doesn't seem to wanna make any.
>>
>>81720692
From there you need to understand the mechanisms of cultural conditioning presented in any product that is intended to be engaged intellectually. Mull around the conceptualizations of epistemological implications operating on multiple levels through the economic, intellectual, and sociological spheres of influence that Warhammer 40k as an intellectual property manifests. Begin to deconstruct the various commentaries on value across the product, your time spent consuming the product, the manufacturing realities and controversies surrounding the product, the psychosocial dragnet of advertising and for profit community building inherent in a commercial entity presented as a means of interpersonal bonding. Can you feel the pull of the warp? Begin to observe the spiraling blossom of intellectual thought crystalized by the propagation of new and ever expanding product flooded out onto a market hungry for more contextualization. Recognize that there is no bottom to it now. You could spend decades engaging the various stories published by the company let alone the unspoken dramas unfolding in private between individuals and clubs. There's no way to know it all or even hope to understand the entire expanse unless you were dedicated to this children's game from it's inception and even then you wouldn't be privy to the inner machinations of the corporate creative entity behind the presentation. As touched on in other posts attempt to manifest the same head space as the target demographic of the commercial product.
>>
>>81720640
I want to run just certain aspects as whole armies, one or two at most. Like Striking Scorpions and Fire Dragons, or Warp Spiders and Dark Reapers.
>>
>81720692
>81720703
ur mom suck me good n hard thru my jorts
>>
>>81720703
Put your dog in the fight. Explore the Cultural Traditions, Genetic Heritage, New Information, Previous Expectations, Analysis and Synthesis of What Space Marine Chapter is best for you? Try not to see in the individuals the subcontext of their Chapter choices or devotions to a particular Xenos faction or Chaos God. Acknowledge the means by which information shapes and changes the individual set to consume it in particular during the formative years that shape their thoughts for years to come. You can't unring that bell. Look into the provocative means by which intellectual property rights are subsumed and manipulated to perpetuate the memetic payload of the previously synthesized allegorical concepts that are planted subconsciously into the unwitting consumer. Start to analyze and compile your own path through the realm of souls to recognize the individual merits of the content that "Struck a chord" with you. Ask why you're playing with the little plastic army men again and try not to sink back into the abyss of decades worth of processed information presented in a big money market commercial product to a global audience through an onslaught of mixed media properties. Don't remember the Wrath and Glory foreword where the GW author explicitly states how he's lost himself to the world of Warhammer for decades and how some people never find their way back. Feel the eye opening as the info hazards explicitly warned against in the core rulebooks of yesteryear are thrown. Blessed is the mind too small to doubt. But the knowledge is already out there and now you know it too.
>>
File: Immortals.jpg (920 KB, 1080x1080)
920 KB
920 KB JPG
post your models
>>
>>81720555
>TQ
Admech. I love them, lore and aesthetic but I already have 4 armies. Maybe I'll get a combat patrol once I finish my pile of shame.
>>
File: gatekeep.jpg (533 KB, 2016x1512)
533 KB
533 KB JPG
>>81720717
>>
File: BloodRavensCustardChamp.jpg (773 KB, 1867x3036)
773 KB
773 KB JPG
>>81720713
Now sit back and watch transfixed as the gods come to life. The exchange of money, time, and life poured into a purely representative game and setting occupying time and space inner and outer. You were not supposed to know this much but the knowledge is as self damning as it is self perpetuating. Watch as the belief constituted value of millennia old institutions begin to crumble and warp into the playthings of a commercial vehicle intended to sell injection molded plastic. Recoil at the thought that they may very well know what they are doing with their setting and then shudder that it is their intention to do just that or worse are being compelled to perpetuate the destabilizing memetic soul killer that is Warhammer 40k. Remember that in the grim darkness of the far future there is only war. Remember that you will not be missed. Remember.
>>
>>81720717
>>
File: pmc guard.jpg (324 KB, 1000x324)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
Post wips.
>>81720384
Working on hexenheim stormtroopers rn. The sculpts are nice, but it's very clear that they were handsculpted - small details are not uniform (individual finger lengths, wrist circumference, etc.). Very little mold slippage, I only had to fix a couple of mold lines on the legs and arms.
>>
File: BTTermiesSquad.jpg (270 KB, 1600x764)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>81720717
Very nice!
>>
jesus
>>
File: 20201129_005719.jpg (3.54 MB, 4608x2592)
3.54 MB
3.54 MB JPG
>>81720717
I need to get an army pic with better lighting
>>
>>81720746
Keep your cocainum away from your models, Anon.
>>
File: outrider.png (1.99 MB, 1000x750)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
>who wouldn’t want to race along on an Outrider bike?

People who plan on turning at some point I guess

Life-sizing it really makes it plainer how stupid this design is. GW can't into guns OR motor bikes.
>>
>>81720755
You're talking about a setting with bipedal fighting robots beating each other to death with huge claws. Efficiency in battle was never the main concern.
>>
is there a BT supplement Imgur link or anything?
>>
File: Feudal Guard Complete.jpg (569 KB, 2048x1152)
569 KB
569 KB JPG
>>81720717
>>
File: 1633996963403.jpg (359 KB, 1332x1000)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
Pic is from a couple days ago, by this point I'm very close to finished. Some more GS cleanup and a bit more detailing here and there, then of course basing and I'll be ready to prime. Then it'll be time for a long overdue cleaning of my hobby area, fucking plasticard shavings everywhere.
>>
>>81720717
I really need to take a better photo sometime.
>>
Anyone gotten Victoria Miniatures stuff before? Curious about the quality, thinking of ordering some of her highlanders
>>
File: 20211001_190916.jpg (5.46 MB, 6892x4863)
5.46 MB
5.46 MB JPG
I WARNED YOU! THE LEAKS ANON GIVE ME THE NID LEAKS!
>>
>>81720793
Its not gonna happen anon. You just gotta wait till the NDA expires and they put their YouTube read throughs up
>>
>>81720793
>You just know
>>
Does anyone else get actually legitimately surprised when people disagree with you? Coming here is really weird for me because in real life nobody dares disagree with a perfect God like me, but here there are all sorts of unenlightened cretins whose views deviate from mine. It's a real shocker I tell you what.
>>
>>81720755
>the year is current year plus 39000
>anon has lived under a rock all that time, and assumes that every single part of the bike must perform by the standards of 21st century materials science
>the brain smoothening continues
also assuming by cant into guns you're the dumbass from a few days ago who forgot open bolt weapons already exist
>>
>>81720717
>>
>>81720717
A gift for my Imperial fist friend, this guy was pretty fun to paint. He liked it but immediately tore of the old back pack and replaced it with a jump pack.
>>
File: pm-ch-bl-a.jpg (513 KB, 4032x1908)
513 KB
513 KB JPG
>>81720717
it took me a while to notice them but I really like the white stripes. neat scheme
>>
>>81720825
That wasn't a few days ago anon, that was today. Like a couple threads ago.
>>
>>81720837
>but immediately tore of the old back pack and replaced it with a jump pack.
That's not very cash money of him.
>>
How was the BT supplement received? They seem..... okay? They're clearly not the best assault marines but they're fucking awesome looking.
>>
>81720833
>oh hey whats this iconic part of the space marine lore
>where some dude dies but he's bad ass enough they put him in a walking tank and he's controlling it from a stasis tank
>lets take that idea and make it bigger, we'll call it a redemptor dreadnought
>now lets take the exact same idea but stick a forklift cabin in it and just have a guy sitting there
man i fucking hate the invictor.
>>
painting my lads as primary colour blue and secondary burgundy, what should i use for the accent colour? initially i thought orange or purple
>>
File: 20200529_224903.jpg (1.75 MB, 2418x1814)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>81720754
No, the rerolls are worth it
>>
>>81720843
wait really?
genuinely i was referring to one last week, did it happen again? someone was bitching about autogun bolts all being pulled back and the scout shotguns pumped back.
>>
>>81720842
wow they look good!
>>
>>81720867
nta, but yeah, there was a discussion about weapon handling or something. It was yesterday for me. Don't ask me specifics, I'm noguns so I just scrolled by.
>>
File: heisthelaw.jpg (113 KB, 462x780)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
What is crime and punishment like in hive cities? Hypothetically, if a ganger was apprehended by hive authorities what kind of a punishment/sentence could they be looking at?
>>
Give me a paragraphs worth of description of the lore for /your dudes/.
>>
>>81720861
It would be a better model for the guard. Marines already have an abundance of walkers in the various dread types and it doesn't do anything marines don't have already. It'd still be ugly as sin though, even with a normal human driving it.
>>
File: bullpup boltgun.png (664 KB, 1084x760)
664 KB
664 KB PNG
>>81720825
GW has a history of designing stupid guns that wouldn't even work
>>
>>81720725
Incredible scenery
>>
>>81720882
if theyre not lucky enough to get summary execution and processing into nutri-paste, theyre fate is probably remaking into a servitor at worst and forced recruitment into a guard penal battalion at best
>>
>>81720882
Most likely forced labor, being turned over to the IG for conscription, or being turned over to the AdMech to be turned into a servitor, if they're not just outright executed.
>>
>>81720862
Do purple
>>
>>81720882
My God, the possibilities.
Assuming you're not shot for being armed and dangerous you're probably going to end up in a penal legion doing the fighting no other regiment wants to, enslaved for menial labour, or lobotomized and turned into a servitor.
Of course there's always exceptions.
>>
man you know what, i know sentinels are ripoffs of the AT-ST but theyre still sick as
>>
>>81720896
>Hating on bullpups
The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>81720882
Depends on the crime and mood of the enforcers.
Potentially anything up to summary execution.

More common low-mid level stuff is probably a combination of beatings, time in a cell or their belongings confiscated
>>
>>81720882
Best they can hope for is probably hard labor, usually in the most toxin/dangerous/etc places of the hive. Potentially sent off to a penal legion. Otherwise lobotomized into a servitor. IIRC execution isn't actually that common, there's better uses those warm bodies.
>>
>>81720896
AHHA
THERE IT IS
>>
>2021
>Still playing Shithammer.

You guys really liked to be shit on don't you?
>>
>>81720882
Lashing at the absolute minimum, very long detainment times because of bureaucracy, hard lawgrdpbor as re-education post the lashing.
>>
>>81720926
fuck i posted the thumbnail
>>
>>81720928
Some of us play Death Guard, yes.
>>
File: 20200704_232333.jpg (2.39 MB, 2308x2659)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB JPG
>>81720888
Spawned from a lone crashed hiveship my Nidzilla army is an elite force of viking kaiju guerillas that attack and raid from the north before retreating to heal and avoid open conflict with large armies while their hiveship bides its time healing and evolving structures to let it return to space.
>>
File: 1632935590691.png (851 KB, 988x1190)
851 KB
851 KB PNG
>>81720928
Yes.
>>
>>81720755
>>81720825
You are both wrong, the bikes would be impossible for normal humans to ride, they don't turn, the wheels can't go at any other angles. Space marines must jump/wheelie the bikes for all turning. Not only does it stop the bike from falling into enemy hands, it's much more durable when made this way.
Find a way to prove me wrong.
>>
>>81720888
The sisters of the order of the Ebon Aegis are based on the world of Angel's Landing, so called because it's the site of the first appearance of Saint Gisela. the order was founded in her honor when she reappeared on the world in the midst of a chaos invasion, swiftly working with the stationed sisters already stationed there to repel the invaders. This was also when she gave her decree to preserve and protect the world, which the sisters have done faithfully for the past 3 thousand years. They have a very defensive fighting style in honor of the Saint herself, who used her mighty black shield to protect the mortals of the world and her fellow sisters, being struck down again and again. Every sister superior is given her own shield which she's expected to use to guard her squadron, and any civilians caught in the fighting, which the sisters take a surprising amount of care for. The sisters have dug in and successfully defended countless worlds in their time, even when all was thought lost by other forces. They're also known for their exceptional skill with bolt weapons specifically, valuing them as the Emperor's own creations, and also just the best choice of weapon when it comes to digging in and fortifying a position.
>>
File: PXL_20211001_211925580~2.jpg (656 KB, 1746x2043)
656 KB
656 KB JPG
How do I make this better
>>
>>81720967
finish the base
>>
>>81720967
You can add some more highlights to the eyes and some lines to simulate text on the scroll. Otherwise it looks preddy gudd
>>
>>81720976
I will, but I'm talking about the actual model.
>>
>>81720902
>>81720924
For hard labor, how long would those sentences be?
>>
>>81720967
For the most part, practice for more precision.

The aquilla could do with a wash for some easy shading and so e edge highlights on the red bolter casing
>>
File: pm-ch-bl-b.jpg (518 KB, 4032x1908)
518 KB
518 KB JPG
>>81720842
I'm really going to miss these guys. pretty soon I'm not going to have anything but 2000 points worth of black legion backlog to paint
>>
>>81720555
Eldar
much as I rip on them for fucking things up for everyone else, getting their shit pushed in by the crons, their unjustifiable arrogance given that every good thing they've ever made or accomplished was handed to them by the old ones rather than on their own merits, etc
I still have a real soft spot for slender leggy bitches and more importantly, that old school sci fi aesthetic that you don't see much anymore that they're basically a time capsule for
also it tickles me that in my circles they're basically as rare as they are in-universe, in ~15 years of being in the hobby (maybe 10 of which were active years) my group and play history is a swirling morass of Chaos, more Chaos, loyalists and admech, more Chaos, nids, more Chaos, recently crons, even more Chaos, even more recently Orks, and Chaos Knights and Daemons to boot but I've only ever heard about Eldar players third hand though I did recently pick some up as a painting project so we'll see
>>
>>81720986
It would vary. Anything from days to permanent
>>
>>81720967
Goblin green base after dipping it in agrax or nuln oil depending on your taste
>>
>>81720746
The Tyranid is the most accomplished of all organic species.
Recently, scientists gave these vicious creatures psychoactive drugs to observe their effect on the hive mind.

When given a minute dose of LSD, the Tyranid became disorientated, slow to follow directives and doing so incorrectly.
When given caffeine, connection to the synapse network was not affected, but the Tyranid's behavior was.
When given THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, the Tyranid didn't build a reclamation pool. It built a reclamation jacuzzi, where it lay all day and watched the caffeine Nid go.

The crack cocaine Nid figured "fighting food was for suckas", waited until the Caffeine Nid had gorged itself to exhaustion, then snuck up behind it and ate it.
Nice models, Mr. Crack Nid.
>>
File: 2021-10-14.png (427 KB, 404x621)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
>>81720948
They can, apperantly. I imagine it's a ridiculously overdesigned mechanism that relies fully on sci-fi materials.
>>
File: textron.gif (3.35 MB, 600x338)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB GIF
>>81720935
>inb4 but how does the bullet just go up
get fucked we have bullet elevators irl already
>>
any recommendations with regards to alternatives to martian ironcrust?
I know vallejo's got oxide paste but it looks like it runs thin
I'm guessing the answer will be to just go with that and slap it over sand and give it a shade/dry brush
>>
>>81720882
You can always evoke your Right of Conscriotion instead of facing punishments
>>
File: fieldable jun21.jpg (343 KB, 2048x1152)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>>81720717
not the best photo, pretty out of date, and it's just my Chaos stuff
but definitely the most complete photo I have
>>
>>81720986
There is no uniform rule for punishment across the entire Imperium. Might be a lifetime of stamping treads for tanks, might be a few weeks of dangerous labor, or anything in between.
If they deem your infraction heretical you're probably going somewhere and never coming back.

>>81721003
Looks like you turn the handlebars and the driveshaft pulls one of the suspension bars into the body. Doesn't seem too farfetched desu.
>>
File: 20211013_225343.jpg (2.04 MB, 4032x3024)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB JPG
>>81720717
Here's two WIPs
>>
>>81720725
I don't like your colour scheme but I respect it and the work that's gone into all your stuff
I really like the green tiling even if it makes me mildly nauseous
>>
>>81720986
I'd expect all but the absolute lightest of crimes would simply be worked to death and then given over to the corpse guilders.
>>
>>81720717
Have been working on my Krieg tonight. Three more or less finished. Base coating done on the rest of the squad, ready for a wash tomorrow.
>>
>>81720735
great hazard striping mang
>>
>>81720967
Cum on it.
>>
>>81720888
The Ork ship "Da Front Bit" separated from a drifting spacehulk to careen into a forge world that had been virus-bombed into being uninhabited, and was previously abandoned. It became a hub for Ork trade and Kultur, and was subsequently renamed 'Ork'tuga', a place where all manner of boyz can spend their teef and enjoy a scrap. Multiple warbosses accept a begrudging truce, but "just cuz yer not getting smacked around by da boss doesn't mean you'z ekwul." While the orks have been content to fight each other for sport and resources, the imperium has started to notice the greenskin presence and looks to clear them off of the once-precious forge world. Now multiple ork warbands are working together to repell the incursion of the imperium into their claim, not knowing of how valuable the STC fragments they're sitting on are.
>>
>>81720967
you're definitely on the right track. maybe use slightly thinner (only slightly! it looks like you're almost there) paint and more coats for base coating. you might also want to experiment with highlighting your highlights with even lighter shades. on that note, try applying highlights by scraping the edge of your brush along the surface to be highlighted rather than painting them on with the tip of your brush. unlike the case of base coating, you may want the paint to be drier on your brush rather than wetter when edge highlighting
>>
>>81720773
goddamn dude, noice
>>
>>81720735
Those candles are nice, how'd you do them?
>>
>>81720717
Trying to get this guy done so I can club some baby seals at a local tourny.
>>
>>81720888
The Varangian 3rd is a regiment from the hive world of Punic Secundus. All recruits of the regiment are drafted from the bodyguard cadres of the noble houses of the planet. Old loyalties are often the cause of brawls and duels between former servants of rival houses within the regiment. They respect their Commissars above all else however as they regard them as the ultimate guardians of the Emperors honor. Regardless of previous house affiliations, all Varangian guardsmen agree on one thing; that the Lord Commissars personal bodyguard, Beauregarde the Ogryn, is the greatest of their number besides the Lord Commissar himself.
>>
File: shadow Spectres 5-9-21.jpg (135 KB, 1249x930)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>81720717
>>
>>81721056
caution: this face slippery when wet
>>
File: 20211010_103859.jpg (1.41 MB, 4032x3024)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>81720717
Made this Sanguinary Priest to be my dad, seeing as how he's a doctor and this part of my life is one of the first times I'm away from my home state for longer than a month.
>>
>>81720888
>Storm Riders
Fleet based loyalist chapter, successors of the White Scars. Their original chapter world and surrounding region was beset by warp storms and turbulence during their creation, so their ships were built specially to help navigate their home space. When a Chaos attack destroyed their home, the survivors took to the void in their ships. Each company is based around an individual fleet, and each fleet is responsible for their own supplies, from fuel and bolter shells, to crew, initiates, and any new ships seized in boarding actions. They have a relatively small motorpool of combat vehicles, but a large fleet of flyer support and boarding vehicles and drop pods, and are skilled in naval warfare
>>
>>81721122
Yes, I know parts of it are sloppy, but I'm gonna fix them
>>
>>81721019
and the bullet conveyor belt the width of one bullet (if that) leading to the elevator leading to the firing chamber?
>no guise but the an-94 has 15 pulleys and some weird russian bullpup that ejects bullets forward looks kind of like that so-
it looks dumb, don't be a contrarian to defend GW's designs being realistic or sensible
>>
>>81720882
A lot of it is probably what you'd find in the Dredd comics and such.
>>
What do you guys think of my 1000 point blood angels list?

Battalion Detachment

Startagems
Relics of the chapter: 1 extra

HQ
Warlord: Captain (170)
Weapons: Relic sword and storm shield
Upgrades: Jump Pack, Chapter Master, angel exemplar
Relics: Icon of the angel
Command traits: the imperium's sword, gift of foresight

Librarian Dreadnought (175)
Upgrades: chief Librarian
Psychic powers: Quickening, shield of sanguinius, wings of sanguinius

Sanguinary Priest
Upgrades: Jump Pack, chief apothecary
Relic: the armor indomitus

Troops
2 Assault Intercessor (210)
Upgrades: Power sword and Plasma pistol

Intercessor (100)
Upgrades: grenades launcher

Elites
5 Sanguinary Guard (185)
Weapons : Axe and Inferno pistol
>>
>>81720912
i like them
>>
Do you need to prime stuff made out of milliput?
>>
File: 20211009_122932.jpg (1.51 MB, 3264x1836)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>81720888
checked

They're a disparate collection of various Alpha Legion operatives and other renegades who variously may be AL deep cover guys who've had their cover blown and had to bug out, might be AL operatives wearing false markings, or might be captives they've brainwashed into thinking they always were AL. They specialise in small teams of infantry and jump infantry, though after several successful recent campaigns against Iron Warriors and Blood Ravens they've picked up enough termie armour to begin incorporating that in a big way rather than the single squad they were rolling with for years. They also picked up a bunch of daemon engines but they've been very all-or-nothing rather than a standard feature. They're largely Slaaneshi, but that's mostly a consequence of staying hopped up on stimulants 24/7 rather than a desire to serve the gods.
>>
>>81721140
Before I answer that, explain to me why you think you wouldn't prime it?
>>
>>81721122
It can't be a priest without a chalice. Right now, that is just an apothecary with jump pack which is an actual legends unit.
>>
>>81721140
you don't *need* to prime anything, I got away without priming for nearly a decade
you should, cause it makes things easier, but you don't need to
>>
File: IMG_20210508_220357164~4.jpg (1.68 MB, 2940x1748)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
>>81721137
Needs more dreadnoughts
>>
>>81720888
Phoenix Penitent chapter. Supposedly Ultramarines successors founded after an unknown founding, but are really Emperor's Children loyalist. The chapter has a sort of hardwired genetically linked guilt that only the upper echelons know the truth behind. Members of the chapter tend to weld chains to their armor (and often this is similar to how the Black Templars bind their melee weapons to their arms) to symbolize their shame. Before anyone asks, they don't do it in a way that impedes movement. Lately, they've started getting the space cancer that the EC had before finding Fulgrim, so they have to find a way to cure or bypass it so that they can slaughter the rest of the Emperor's Children before dying themselves.

Is this good? Probably not, but fuck you it's my lore.
>>
>>81721140
You should prime everything to ensure a consistent non-absorptive surface.
With that said you're not guaranteed to fuck yourself by not doing it, but is it worth the risk?
>>
>>81720599
They will get new ones for sure. Probably low model count because GW is pushing that hard imo
>>
>>81721152
I'll just find a lego chalice, lmao. Plus, I use Blood Angels rules anyway, so I doubt anyone is going to be this pedantic.
>>
File: Sageadvice.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
How do you deal with criticism of your painting?
>>
>>81721174
I don't paint, only faggots paint
>>
>>81721173
You can get one on the upgrade sprue. I play blood angels and yes we are that pedantic.
>>
>>81721174
Violently
>>
>>81721174
I feel like all of this dude's vids are targeted at coping faggots.
>>
File: 1629723640266.webm (2.95 MB, 1090x616)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
>trying to build kommandos boss
>accidentally cut a belt strap
Fuck the entire model is ruined
>>
>>81721190
Don't hate the player. Hate the game.
>>
>>81720555
>TQ
Imperial/chaos knights I'm too poor to play them right now but one day I will and I'm playing pure knights not some souped together with another faction bs
>>
>>81721174
same way I deal with criticism of anything I do
critically
points which I determine are in good faith are taken on board, if not necessarily implemented
points which I determine are in bad faith are discarded outright
>>
>>81721173
Dont worry too much about it. I use the old sanguinary priest model from the old BA honor guard kit and he didnt have a chalice either. No one has complained so far.
>>
>>81721200
I'm gonna hate both the player, and the the video dude.
>>
>>81721086
They are just some candle bits stuck down onto greenstuff to form a base and maybe some running drips. I also use that glossy red technical paint to give it a bit of waxy shine.
>>
>>81721200
I do hate this game, it's shit
>>
>>81721174
I dunno, the only criticism I've ever gotten was that my cultists were pretty muted and I just kinda shrugged because that's what I was going for.
>>
>>81721196
>accidentally tear a chunk out of a boyz helmet
>paint it grey and now it looks like a bullet ricocheted off it

Just work with it anon
>>
>>81721200
por que no los dos
>>
>>81721196
>cutting off all the remnants of the excessive retarded supports on zagstruk sprue
>in the process cut off one of his metal foot claws because it looks like one
havent touched the model since and that was two months ago, fuck resin and especially fuck gw resin
>>
File: PXL_20211014_041208626.jpg (1.88 MB, 4002x1864)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB JPG
>>81720555
>TQ
Probably Admech or Guard. The former for the systematic madness and horror of stitching metal bits to oneself, the latter for the 'little man in a big galaxy' thing. Guard are the easiest to relate to, seem to get the variation in lore (if not in models) that they should have, and there's something endearing about a government throwing lives and endlessly mass-produced WWII tanks at every problem because it's what they have.
don't @ me about the tanks i don't give a shit

>>81720717
Here's my Tau. School is kicking my ass right now but I hope to get around to painting my big toys in time for the codex. Got six crisis, three fish, a ghostkeel, a broadside and two piranhas that need paint. Bright side is the infantry is taken care of.
>>
File: resize-insta.jpg (297 KB, 800x800)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
Here's your new space marines bro
>>
>>81721174
>dismissive wanking gesture
>>
>>81721212
>>81721215
>>81721220
I meant he's just marketing to the lowest common denominator. Thus pandering to coping faggots. Can't hate him any more than you hate any other company doing the same thing. Though you're free to do as you like.
>>
File: image0-12.jpg (199 KB, 2048x1477)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>81721174
By taking the criticism? I recognize I'm a fucking terrible painter, but I don't paint to "be the best", I do it because it's fucking fun and super therapeutic to me. I mean, yeah I'd like to be better but that's just the drive at improving at my hobby.
>>
>>81721229
>Can't hate him any more than you hate any other company doing the same thing
so a lot
>>
>>81721174
I usually just call the critic a nigger and happily go on with my day.
>>
>>81721229
That's like saying don't blame dealer, just the addicts, they both share responsibility.
>>
>>81721222
Fucking rip and I feel like shit for losing a single shoota ironsight and welding mask from the lootas kit
>>
>>81721247
You will not be missed
>>
>>81721132
it is thirty thousand future year
since when do space marines give half a dick about efficiency
since when do you know about its efficiency
what's the specs of plasteel, to tell us how wide it has to be
what was the reason the DAOT weapon smiths or scrap of STC code didn't implement some fucking magnetic rail system to load it? i'll skip over the part where i ask you
I fucking hate when you lot act like watching some forgottonweapons videos and posted on k once gives you special "ackchewalley" powers over every scifi gun that doesn't match up with soviet designs from before the moon landings.

who the fuck even said it has a conventional chamber
look at this canon shit
bullets come backwards out of the magazines and go up a ramp and forward into an electric rocket igniter
>>
>>81721087
Blue recipe?
>>
>>81721087
What model is this? Looks awesome.
>>
>>81721267
Use blue
>>
>>81721263
And you will never be a woman
>>
>>81721174
take it on board if it's valid
i post my shit here instead of r*ddit because i want criticism
i'd rather someone tell me what's wrong with my shit instead of everyone acting like a spray+drybrush job is the sistene chapel and banning anyone who points out a flaw.
>>
>>81721267
Was trying to get a shiny beetle look so it's talassar blue contrast over a lead Belcher prime.

>>81721275
I don't know, I stole the .stl file.
>>
File: caladion2020.png (5.56 MB, 2293x1200)
5.56 MB
5.56 MB PNG
>>81720888
Forge World Incaladion has a troubled history, between two separate inquests from Mars into accusations of xenarite heresies, and of course the betrayal of their Legio Fureans during the Horus Heresy. Despite these damning incidents, Incaladion has been regarded as a productive and loyal Forge World by the Imperium at large in the time since. However the opening of the Great Rift left them in dire straights, with their world resting on the very lip of the eastern edge of the horrible tear in reality and leaving them utterly isolated. Besieged by Chaos, the magi have turned to "lost" data from before the Mars tribunals, data which was assumed to have been purged in the wake of those investigations. Now reunited with the Imperium by the Indomintus Crusade, Incaladion's priesthood and skitarii legions are transformed: no longer clad in Mars red, they bear brilliant cream and warm umber. Their skitarii also bear a whole, golden opus mechanica, the significance of which, according to Incaladion's magi, indicates a "greater unity of machine and flesh" which their priesthood unlocked during their solitude. Indeed, field reports from auxiliary Imperial troops fighting alongside Incaladion's maniples tell of skitarii troops moving with an uncharacteristically natural gait and nimbleness, their augmetic parts seeming to have more life in them than the pallid organic ones, and their binharic chants sounding remarkably songlike instead of the harsh screeching tones those soldiers who had deployed alongside the legions of other Forge Worlds were accustomed to.
>>
https://strawpoll.com/wz8z6vxux
Need help deciding what edition to play and I don't care for balance
>>
File: 20211013_231735.jpg (3.6 MB, 4032x3024)
3.6 MB
3.6 MB JPG
>>81721174
I tell them they are right but that I love my crusty models anyway
>>
File: E04C0x0WUAEy9u5.jpg (539 KB, 2048x1288)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
>>81721174
Depends. If it's constructive, I take it under advisement and apply it to my work going forward; unless it's a conscious choice that I'm not doing something effort/time-intensive like glazing.
If it's 'wow looks like shit', I ignore it since it adds nothing to my work or the conversation.
>>
The 3dpg was no help, anyone here know where to get stls? I just picked up a craft worlds and tau start collecting box and absolutely fucking love them. Want to make them from scratch this time around.
>>
File: 1481215964776.jpg (2.61 MB, 3200x1640)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB JPG
I remember some people asking a week or two ago about Alpha legion. Found this in my 40k folder.
>>
>>81721196
Rip gypsycrusader
>>
>>81721356
He knew what was coming. The ATF tries to get anyone that breaks out of the system
>>
>>81721174
Constructive genuine criticism i take on board

Just ignore shit talking
>>
File: 1630022658889.jpg (428 KB, 1809x2190)
428 KB
428 KB JPG
>>
>>81721225
Kek, always like a goofy theme taken all the way
>>
>>81720888
>The Palatine
An Emperor's Children warband lead by a former Praetor named Hadrian Caracalla who's too nostalgic for the glory days. Runs an extremely tight ship, discipline and perfection are the core beliefs of the warband. Hadrian himself has no visible mutations and his warband likewise has very little.

The main focus of the warband is acute use of adaptive tactics and close-combat prowess. Hadrian having been a long-time member of the Blade Brotherhood. As such, Palatine Blades (Chosen w/ power swords) have a relatively large presence.

Among his followers is a sizeable number of Night Lord's who he saved from the disastrous retreat from Terra for reasons he can't really explain himself. Said Night Lord's swore allegiance to the 3rd and Hadrian. The defacto leader of the NL, a librarian named Haarven, became the second in command after he and Hadrian became solid friends. Overall, 1/3 of the warband is made up of Night Lords.

The Warband as well owns a Contemptor Dreadnaught, who's pilot is one of the original 200 from before the Heresy. Named Indrian, he taught Hadrian a lot of what he knows on tactics and warfare and is more than happy to give anyone and everyone the "back in my day" old man rant at a moments notice. Likewise is a tech-marine who is similarly old, but is somehow more machine than Indrian. Less likely to rant, more likely to bonk you with his Master Crafted Thunder Hammer he made in likeness to Forge Breaker.

On a minor note, the Warband has the pleasure of having not one, but two apothecaries. Emperor's Children and Night Lord respectively. Both formed a bit of a bond over the concoction of chemicals and poisons.
>>
>>81721279
lmao deep strike'd
>>
>>81720888
>lore
Is fluff
>Your dudes
Is cancer
>>
>>81720967
More contrast, smoother transitions for your highlights. Even if you are starting at black for the base coat, you can go as high as white for your brightest highlights. This shit is like, a constant quest for everyone though.
For now just focus on framing different parts of the mini. Give the upper body more love, his army kind turns into a formless dark blob at any distance right now, up the highlights until you can pick out the arm shapes while its on a table 3 feet away. When you base him, make sure to choose colors different to his own to make him pop. Grasslands or martian soil would frame him much better than black and gray ruins, for instance.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (26 KB, 800x800)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
can anyone recommend me "gory trophy" type 3rd party conversion bits? similar to picrel, or even bigger stuff for vehicles
>>
File: csmprincess.jpg (18 KB, 333x383)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>
>>81720736
Thought that was Canis Rex for a sec
>>
>>81720755
Probably turns by retracting on of those struts.
>>
post tau auxilaries
>>
>>81721482
Tauxillaries
>>
File: pingu-noot.gif (19 KB, 220x191)
19 KB
19 KB GIF
>>81721482
Reporting for duty sir.
>>
>>81721302
Mucho Texto
>>
just got a greenstuffworld terrain roller, will it work on milliput?
>>
>>81721302
nice army anon. I like the blue you used for the plasma coils
>>
>>81720767
There's a difference between efficiency and viability. I mean you can put a big dumb robot in that wouldn't be effective irl but it should at least look like its capable of moving.
>>
>>81721525
No.
>>
>>81721525
If it did, they'd be called milliput world, now wouldn't they? Yes, it does.
>>
>>81720792
I've bought sone guns and cloaks from them before, good quality but a lot of flash.
>>
What would Chaos Xenos look like?
>>
File: IF praetor.jpg (156 KB, 1000x1000)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
Should I run this guy as BT Castellan?
>>
File: 1623445696480.png (381 KB, 900x990)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
Just bought a Levi and a Terrax drill for my DG. Ultimate siege kino is coming to town.
>>
>>81721619
if you want to. it's a good looking model
>>
File: Yu'vath.jpg (63 KB, 393x604)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>81721611
>>
>>81721619
You would have to shave off and replace all the IF iconography.
>>
>>81721611
There's been Nurgle and Khorne Orks in the past, though I'm not sure if that's canon anymore.
>>
File: Chozo_manual.jpg (979 KB, 941x1441)
979 KB
979 KB JPG
The Chozo made Tzeentch. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>81721727
yeah but tzeentch made chorizo and dat shit was GOOD
>>
>>81721582
ok cool. i wanna use it to make some eldar ruins for my wyches bases and i forgot to order any greenstuff. my local hobby store has milliput tho so was hoping itd work with that
>>
File: Lookatthatmoustache.jpg (2.11 MB, 4032x1908)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
>>81720717
I better not catch y'all putting those dumbass generic sci fi helmets on your stormtroopers when they could have glorious berets and moustaches.
>>
>>81721806
scions are cool n all but i just cant resist making /mydudes/ guard
>>
File: 1612167902578.png (609 KB, 2300x1900)
609 KB
609 KB PNG
>>81720888
My minor SoB order is The Guiding Hand, it's a recently formed order, an inquisitor borrowed a few squads from the Sacred Rose to go chase down some a rogue psyker leading a """cult""" on a minor planet in Segmentum Ultima, after that she pulled some strings and had them formed up into a new order that she uses as her personal attack dogs. Their canoness is relatively inexperienced like the rest of their order which is by design because the inquisitor doesn't want them to start asking too many questions. At this point they're based on the a small feudal world which I haven't named yet because naming planets is hard that they've essentially taken to governing. With the galaxy currently being fucked they've also taken to recruiting from their base world and from nearby planets which are also mostly feudal worlds the lack of recruitment opportunities has them mostly just focused on defensive maneuvers at the moment. Which is fine with their inquisitor who seems to be enjoying having her own little kingdom a bit too much. Outside of basic training all members of The Guiding Hand are expected to preach the word of the emperor daily and so every day one sister is selected at random and expected to give that days sermon, some of these have been recorded and passed around the system becoming quite popular among locals. Some of the even more creative sisters have taken to making small comics similar to chick tracts which are distributed alongside the more popular sermons.
>>
File: Stormarmor_negwt.jpg (65 KB, 500x1024)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>81721806
Nice try anon. My Stormtroopers have helmets like this.
>>
>>81721806
I prefer the helmets. But I don’t run scions. No doctrine, no deal.
>>
>>81721866
Didn't ask
>>
>>81721132
So we've gone from "this'd never work" to "yeah but I don't like it." Wow.
>>
File: 14607328.jpg (43 KB, 269x269)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>81721838
mouse hands typed this post.
>>
Dark Eldar
I like the Incubi and the Medusae.
>>
File: 100_2833.jpg (1.2 MB, 2047x1200)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
>>81721806
the helmets are nice
>>
File: calus1.jpg (187 KB, 1229x652)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>81721482
Who is the fattest xenos?
>>
retarded nigger
>>
File: 1634170252192.png (78 KB, 579x444)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
Confess, how many of you are getting the box set.
>>
>>81721907
I'll buy 3
>>
>>81721907
>Confess, how many of you are stealing the box set from paypigs and never using them.
>>
>>81721902
Your mother
>>
>>81721907
Virtually none? What percent of the playerbase do you think plays BTs
>>
File: MOOSTACHE!.jpg (57 KB, 546x578)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>81721898
I DONT SEE A SINGLE GODDAMN MOOSTACHE IN THAT PICTURE SONNY!
>>
>>81721925
MY MOUSTACHE IS CUT BY LASERS
>>
>>81720888
I'm ironing things out, but I want to start a guard army once I do
Regiment taken from a particularly large hive world, not quite necromunda but still impressive in its own right. To survive over the millenia before the crusades re-established contact the planet naturally became an oppressive police state, a tradtion that carries on into the 42nd millenium. Its tithe to the guard is selected from promising officers across their vast combination PDF/prole beating force and the resultant regiment benefits from their prior training; police operations in the hives and shock tactics to scare people away from ganger activity lead to a close quarters fighting force good with flamers and other anti-infantry equipment like leman punishers, while suffering somewhat in unfamilar operations in open conditions or against heavily mechanized forces. Even in large operations prefer to break down into smaller killteams that work in unison, incredibly effective although the more that work together the bigger the chance for a communication breakdown. Noted for being kind of dicks.
TL;DR space SWAT/palanite enforcer regiment
>>
>>81721907
I'm just going to buy the characters on eBay. Most of the normal dudes don't look worth it. Plus I want to get a switch.
>>
File: 20211013_224556.jpg (360 KB, 998x998)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
>>81720576
Already off to a good start. Customizing the scout sentinels, then I have to dig up the airbrush.
>>
File: 20211013_224750.jpg (333 KB, 998x998)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
>>81721938
>>
File: lcfizvp.jpg (58 KB, 500x375)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>81721925
sexual tyranosaurus/10
>>
>>81721907
Who is this picture meant to offend?
Like based on the nigger /pol/tards, but based on the swastika sigmarxist asshats?
Is this the schrödinger's soi jak?
>>
are any of the old codexes in any of the megas? Got a hankering for some good ol' 2e
>>
>>81721959
>Is this the schrödinger's soi jak?
Pretty much
>>
>>81721905
Coward
>>
>>81721959
It's making fun of GW putting diversity heads on facist themed models
>>
>>81721892
Didn't ask
>>
>>81721959
>Who is this picture meant to offend?
Probably just people who get worked up over politics in general. Both are embarrassing idiots who need to fuck off from this general.
>>
>>81721929
Absolutely fascinating. Tell us more.
>>
File: 100_2834.jpg (875 KB, 1501x1000)
875 KB
875 KB JPG
>>81721925
I have four bare faces in the army (2 commissars, solomon lok, sgt ripper) and they're all clean shaven. Nice and disciplined. Inquisition spooks keep things tidy.
>>
>>81721892
Honestly anon what's your endgame here? Someone responds with something someone is asking for and you have a spergout
>>
>>81722008
That I agree with, it is very tiresome.
>>
>>81722008
Imaginary people, got it.
>>
>>81722018
I think he might have asked for the paragraphs in the first place too, just so he could spam all his
>reading hard
shit
I think he thinks it's some epic troll or legitimately will convince people to stop posting with more than 15 characters. Either way retarded but ignorable.
>>
>>81721898
>3rd ed stormtroopers
>vulture
IM GONNA COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

nice army mate
>>
>>81722054
>81722018 #
>I think he might have asked for the paragraphs in the first place too
I think you're actually the didn't read poster trying to convince the thread not to respond to the lore requesting poster. A clever ruse but you've been caught out.
>>
>>81722081
>>
So did we ever confirm whether that black templar guy was Primaris or First born?
>>
>>81721162
>Is this good? Probably not, but fuck you it's my lore
Based and /your dudes/pilled. Half the fun in this hobby is being able to customize as little as the paint scheme or as much as the models themselves and forming little stories around them.
>>
>>81722106
ye he's primaris
>>
File: All mine renegades!.jpg (4.36 MB, 4608x3456)
4.36 MB
4.36 MB JPG
>>81720728
Very cool, will they be run as Renegade Enforcers?
>>
>>81722054
>>81722081
>>81722094
Didn't ask
>>
File: 20211013_213029.png (132 KB, 320x426)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>81721830
Nice. Custom sister orders are fun to make.
>>
File: 1617088906771.gif (5.21 MB, 320x240)
5.21 MB
5.21 MB GIF
>>81721929
>>
File: kill yourself.jpg (11 KB, 257x186)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>81721419
>>
>>81721988
Which fascist themed models?
>>
>>81722149
Ultramarines
>>
File: 1632685177638.jpg (62 KB, 540x720)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>81722054
Fuck off I asked for people's lore so I could read it. Seems like people had fun making their lore.
>>
>>81722048
Found the politics faggot.
>>
>>81722168
Wot? They're roman imperialist not facist
>>
File: 1632049080896.jpg (45 KB, 537x594)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>81722174
>post my lore like anon asks
>bunch of random schizos start fighting
sorry anon I don't know what I did to rile them up
>>
File: 1590287205870.jpg (41 KB, 595x444)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>81722178
Yep, you totally got me, man. Good job.
>>
>>81722189
nice to see proper rubber band gun technique on display, too many people use inferior straight pull back
but also don't bully the anime girls you swine
>>
>>81721318
if you want some c&c, one of the best ways I learned about caution stripes is that making the dges weathered and chipped is super easy to do, and goes miles towards covering up the fact that the lines are not perfectly straight.

And it would fit awesome with your grungy minis look.
>>
File: 1633765115024.jpg (154 KB, 387x450)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>81722189
You just made them jealous since you have the ability I actually think creatively. The spergs are probably WAAC players with no soul.
>>
>>81721830
>Order of the guiding hand
Whew... It's not a bad name though.
>>
Are there any clippers that dont leave awful sprue scars?
>>
>>81722227
you aren’t supposed to clip right next to the model. You cut a ways up then scrape the leftover plastic off with a knife/sandpaper
>>
>>81721938
>>81721944
whered you get all those bits hanging on them? i like them, looks characterful
>>
Remember anons.
Your fanficition tier lore for /your dudes/ has a good probability of being better written than a good amount of official lore. Don't be embarrassed to make it.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (85 KB, 1175x617)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>81722239
model accessory kits like this
>>
File: MPDF Veteran.jpg (5.48 MB, 4608x3456)
5.48 MB
5.48 MB JPG
>>81722249
Funnily enough. I actually write fanfiction and the one time I picked up a BL book it turned out to be about on par for the first half of the book I could get through.

INB4 proofs; https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13809595/1/Betrayed-Descendants-of-the-Void-Redux Here's one I'm presently working on.
>>
>>81722168
Stop buying into Mussolini's shit.
>>
>>81722263
whos the seller?
>>
>>81722278
Based anon
>>
>>81722278
>dishonored
>rwby
kys
but also kek hell yeah I also don't have a leg to stand on, all my shit was Harry Potter x Kim Possible, Naruto x Skyrim, etc but in my defense I was 17 at the time
>>
>>81722198
They're made for it anon

>>81722218
Thanks anon I try to put in some amount of effort into fleshing them out, sisters are fun to write for
>>
>>81722310
Mate, my first was a fucking Dishonored x Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt fanfic. It's the only one so bad that I actually took it down. I have no more a leg to stand on here than you.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (11 KB, 323x235)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>81722290
That one is from this guy, but honestly dude just search 'model tank accessories' and tons of sellers pop up.
>>
>>81722278
That's awesome anon.
>>
>>81722355
thanks anon. want to make my guard more characterful
>>
>>81722343
>>81722310
Based fanficition chads.
>>
>>81722332
I've been working on making my own sisters as well. Not even close to a complete state but I'm working on them. They are certainly fun though, lots of ways to play with the religious aspects and their ties to the Inquesition.
>>
Dranon's Delight, anyone?
>>
>>81722343
I feel like any fanfic involving those two Angels is always going to end up in disaster anyway.
>>
Seeing how nice that ultra clean necron scheme looks makes me sad I ruined mine by covering them in typhus cor and ryza rust and making a gay rust effect
>>
>want to build and paint
>my conversion bits wont arrive for months

ugh
>>
File: IMG_20211010_210519_442.jpg (906 KB, 3000x3000)
906 KB
906 KB JPG
>>81721318
Chad energy, we're all gonna make it
>>
File: 1605811232729.png (636 KB, 900x548)
636 KB
636 KB PNG
>>81722343
>Dishonored x Panty and Stocking
bro the fuck
>>
>>81722448
Got any backlog to work on?

Or some random unused mini you could use to practice some aspect you plan to do on the project.
>>
>>81722404
>>81722456
It was about as bad as you'd expect from a first-time 15-yo's writing whose first language isn't even English.
>>
>>81722343
>>
Are you meant to paint the inside of the pauldron rim that touches the curved area or let the wash/recess shade do that
>>
>>81722479
generally I paint that before I glue them on but I know some people just leave it
>>
>>81722479
Up to you to decide how assed you can be for such obscure details
>>
>>81722462
not really. im thinking of painting some AoS ogres just for something to do
>>
File: IMG_0171.jpg (332 KB, 1280x853)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
Can an Imperial Knight attack Heldrakes in melee?
>>
Can anyone link me to severed limb/head conversion bits? struggling to find any
>>
>>81722514
Yes, Heldrakes aren't aircraft
>>
>>81722355
crikey theyre not cheap hey
>>
>>81722520
what if you took heads and limbs and severed them yourself?
>>
>>81722554
Nice.
>>
>>81720888
>leader (ex librarian, currently master of possession) and his core following are renegade mantis warriors
>cruelty of carcharodons made them side with chaos in the late stage and join the red corsairs for a while, constantly thinking about their revenge on the sharks
>eventually meet some the purge dudes, because they hate life just as much
>eventually get changed and suffer from minor mutations, remember they actually dislike chaos
>MoP finds a monkeys paw kind of way to keep chaos in check on a personal level, with talismans made from a certain material, rituals and constant meditation
>eventually start their own the purge warband, find some friends along the way and follow the MoP's visions through the eye of terror, mostly waiting for the right moment to strike, because that's what they learned as mantis warriors
>eventually meet some 13th company space wolves warband, who mostly lost their minds and are 90% wulfen or worse
>MoP's rituals can contain the curse of the wulfen, but the wolves themselves are still loyal to the empire
>MoP's vision makes him surrender to the wolves and JUST AS PLANNED they find a way to leave the eye of terror
>JUST AS PLANNED they meet space sharks, wolves think they'll welcomed, especially witht he prey they brought along
>sharks see what horrible abominations the 13th wolves are, lure the into a trap and try to kill them and the MoP's warband
>MoP and wolves manage to get the fuck out, not without sabotaging/poisoning (their the Purge afterall) the sharks ship and fucking them up for good
>wolves join MoP on his quest to kill sharks
I know it's autistic af, but I love renegade marines too much. The badab war, Blood Quest and the Soul Drinkers saga are my favorite bits of fluff involving marines.
>>
>>81720888
They are Black Dragons successors called the Dragon Titans who specialize in heavy weaponry since the ossmodula mutation that they inherited from the BDs have makes them bigger and stronger. The largest and strongest ones are assembled into what they refer to as ”Titan squadrons”. Titan squadrons are marines that are the tallest and strongest members of the chapter and due to their size and strength they are outfitted with lots of heavy weaponry and heavy armor to lead charges to clear out enemy positions or to provide heavy fire support for their brothers.
>>
Going to my LGS in a few hours. Been curious about picking up some Contrast paints - are any of them actually worth it that you can recommend, or should I just stick to my regular paints?
>>
>>81722730
Great if you wanna work with yellow.
>>
>>81722730
They're pricier, so I say only buy one if you have a purpose in mind for it. A quick search will show you what each one looks like in use and you can decide if that's attractive to you.
>>
>>81722730
Yea make sure to apply heavy on white prime for best effect.
Stick with primaries
>>
>>81720888
They're orks.
They like to go fast.
They're on Armageddon.
>>
>>81722730
theyre terrific for textured surfaces like fur, bone, skin, cloth and wood
>>
>>81722730
Wraithbone and Grey Seer, both spray and base paints have no right to be as good as they are. For colours; you basically want to make using stuff like yellow easier. Taking yellow as an example; say you want to paint Iyanden or IF you prime with wraitbone spray, apply iyanden yellow section by section and then you glaze yriel yellow to smooth over the patchy finish.

Additionally you can use some of them as replacement for shades like basilicanum for nuln or guilliman flesh for reikland.
>>
>>81722730
They are almost all worth it imho. Only color I disliked so far is the akhelian green (actually a pastel kind of blue). The colors I liked the most are gryph-hound orange and blood angels red, but the ones I use the most are BT black, the skin tones and wyldwood. I'll never paint black, skin or wood in any other way again. Would say the same for leather, but leather details are usually small on top of other parts, so doing them with base color and wash is easier imho. ALSO get pots of whatever basecoats you'll use, if you don't already have them, to correct mistakes.
>>
Is painting my custodes gold with red cloth the equivalent of painting ultramarines 2nd company?
>>
>>81722730
Snakebite leather is great, skeleton horde is good, flesh tearers red is good, and I forget the name but the orange one is good too.
The only one I've used that I didn't care for was plaguebearer flesh, it's okay for tinting stuff but the pigmentation is very light, it doesn't really work like the other contrast paints.
>>
man coelia greenshade is a way better wash for blue than drakenhof
>>
>>81722730
if you end up buying some definitely get some medium, regular is fine but if you want to keep the paint behaving the same as unthinned contrast you will have an easier time with contrast medium
>>
>>81722812
No, because no one even paints their marines as Ultramarines. Every Custard player I've ever met is a golden boy, though. Such a shame since Shadowkeepers and Solarwatch is pretty fucking rad schemes.
>>
File: 1508702782919.jpg (81 KB, 877x620)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
Recommend me some good Iron Hands novels please. Their old codices/supplements were quite nice, but I want to go deeper.
>>
>>81720624
Sauce plox, can't find it, image search doesn't help.
>>
>>81722730
For me they're pretty much essential for yellows and eye lenses

I used to prime wraithbone, base average, recess shade guilliman flesh, then layer yierl. It was a fucking awful process that made me drop finishing my IFS

Now I prime wraith, use iyadem yellow then layer yriel. Looks a lot cleaner, is faster
>>
>>81722852
Storm of Iron is a classic.
>>
>>81722867
huh, hadnt thought of using contrassts for eye lenses. i was going to use a gemstone paint
>>
>>81722698
Sounds cool, got any minis done?
>>
>>81722884
I paint a white line in the enter of the eye, pop in a bit of contrast, then youre good
You can add a dot of white on top of that in the center of your line if you want to go further

Super easy and quick
>>
>>81722895
Oh and before any of that nuln oil in the eyes
>>
Do any guard players even use the Deathstrike? Why would you use it over the manticore? The latter has more shots(even if it's only four), and fires more reliably, and it dishes out more wounds. The Deathstrike seems like a hail Mary where sure, you can use it for the guaranteed mortal wounds and the splash damage, but the inconvenience is too much I feel.
>>
File: 00113785.jpg (22 KB, 433x424)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>81722928
>>
>>81722871
That's the Iron Warriors, Anon.
>>
Are iron hands and iron warriors basically the same except one is loyal?
>>
>>81722928
It's great in fun games
kinda underwhelming though
would not recommend in competitive
>>
>>81722928
the deathstrike was always a bit of a joke weapon, but the change from template to mortal wounds really fucked it up
I think they'd need to take out the variance in possible rolls a bit and also make it less unsure to fire, as it stands it either does nothing, shoots and does nothing, or nukes a whole squad cause you got lucky with rolls and your enemy ignored this fragile tanks for some reason
>>
File: 1553228009151.jpg (45 KB, 400x400)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>81722984
yes
>>
>>81722984
Not really
>>
>>81722984
only in their preference for augmentation, heavy weaponry, and "logical" approach. Iron warriors are most comfy in a siege and breaking their enemies resolve over prolonged time if necessary and will let their pride overcommit. Iron hands will instead calculate necessary forces beforehand and will not commit unless sufficiently stocked. If they do commit they usually go for overwhelming surgical strikes where they are most logical but, should the situation change they won't shy away from glorious melee. Basically IH go for battle tanks while IW go for Artillery.
>>
>>81720555
>Favorite faction you don't play
Admech
>and why?
Don't have the space for two armies and want to get better at stuff before I even try to tackle their busy models. Plus I want to make my own techpriests if I do start them up.
>>
>>81720773
More pictures pls, those are fucking rad
>>
>>81720773
chad shit, these from makers guild?
>>
>>81722514
>>81722554
>>81722608
Thousand Sons Heldrakes got the flyer rules back, although they can switch to hover mode.
>>
>>81720644
Yeah, that other guy who was making them is a fag.
>>
>>81723143
Does this mean it can't be attacked in melee in hover mode?
>>
>>81720717
>>
>>81721907
BT players are right up there with DKK and SW players as far as cringe goes. Any playerbase that has a ready list of reasons why their army isn't for racists is cringe af
>>
File: IMG20211010160825.jpg (2.66 MB, 4096x3072)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
>>81720717
>>
>another 40k youtuber quits
>>
>>81721338
Glazes arent around anymore anon. Your image is out of date
>>
File: 1633593883853.png (152 KB, 466x480)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
Mfw can't decide how to do my custodes

Solar Watch?!
Regular!?
Red or purple cloth!?
They all look so good
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I just need to dab on primarishits
>>
File: file.png (1.88 MB, 1440x810)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB PNG
>>81720717
finished these lads the other day
relatively proud considering i tried some techniques i had never used before like stippling and blending
>>
>want to do deldar
>cant think of any cool conversion/modelling ideas to set them apart from every other deldar army

urgh
>>
>>81722984
Who are the Iron Hands of the Craftworld Aeldari?
>>
>>81723265
who?
>>
File: AshSoldiers army.jpg (1.82 MB, 3615x2709)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
>>81720717
>>
>>81722730
Good for cloth, wood, and leather
Also great for giving mental paint a different color
>>
i want to paint my poxwalkers like drowned corpses but im not sure how, any tips?
>>
>>81723314
What about deldar that pay fealty to a chaos god that isn't slanesh to save their souls in the same way? So like, nurgle or khornate deldar.
>>
>>81723381
Me
>>
>>81723441
Don't use any reds while painting. Lean towards to colder colors for your shadows
>>
>>81723461
Aha.
>>
>>81723389
looks cool man, youve somehow managed to make grey look good
>>
>>81723470
i still find it a little hard to move away from the base, shade, highlight thing but i'll try my best to do that.
I think im having some trouble visualizing the colors im gonna use for it
>>
>>81723441
paint them blue-grey, sculpt some barnacles or smth out of greenstuff. job done
>>
should i subassemble my wyches
>>
>>81721907
topkek
>>
>>81723490
You could still do it with base, shade highlight. But mixing up the colours a little.
Base green, shade with a blue and highlight grey maybe for an example.
>>
File: 1526766757204.jpg (43 KB, 811x563)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>81721907
I got it, It should arrive tomorrow.
>>
>>
>>81723389
Love your dudes, ash soldiers anon. What did you choose for the warcry in the end?
>>
File: 20211014_103843.jpg (101 KB, 1082x676)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>81720717
>>
>>
>>81720967
Mainly need to create some more sontrast and fix the overspills.
The black parts would look better if you use a darker grey first and then the grey for a thinner highlight to make a smoother transition.
The red would look better if it wasn't highlighted with paler/lisghter red. Try something more orange or a darker red for the base color. The chest aquilla can use more definition so a wash with thinned down nuln oil or black templar will work for that.
Lastly on the metals you want more contrast too. Take a very bright silver to do the highlights after the wash
And you are missing a white dot on the back of the eye
>>
File: PXL_20211004_064115974~2.jpg (1.15 MB, 2663x1936)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>81723104
thanks
>>81723111
Makers Cult, Redmaker and reptilian. the bodies are mostly Fantasy landsknechts.
>>
>>81723546
alright ill try it out thanks
>>
File: serpentine scourge.jpg (884 KB, 2048x1061)
884 KB
884 KB JPG
>>81720717
Still working on proper pictures and terminators
>>
>>81720576
Thanks for the encouragement but i've been super lazy this week, maybe the next will go better.
>>
>>81720576
thanks anon
gonna try get some stuff done on the weekend
>>
>>81720555
Harlequins.
Look awesome, but they're way too high skill required for me.
>>
>>81720555
Necrons
I have too many armies already. I do kind of wish I'd picked them up instead of Dark Eldar sometimes but I'm sure its a grass is greener deal
>>
Man, I wish the Librarian Dread wasn't Blood Angels exclusive
>>
>>81723767
Yeah its a weird thing to be chapter specific
>>
File: 1507578400695.jpg (17 KB, 320x320)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>mfw been smoking pot from March til October and barely progressed in my painting
>>
>>81723266
You can still just make them or find some that are a colour match
>>
What should i get if i want to run inquisitional force impguard?
>>
>>81723778
Even weirder is the chapter. Blood Angels arent really known for their librarians. Grey Knight, TSons and if another loyalist needed it, I'd say Dark Angels have and use Librarians in fluff a lot more than any other first founding (in interrogations and the like, and Ezekiel supposed to be one of the top librarians in the galaxy)
>>
>>81720576
doing minis as a gift is a tad exhausting but i gotta finish it today
>>
>>81720717
>>
>>81723819
Family?
>>
>>81723820
There is a lot of cool Masters of Possession in /40kg/ they should take an ensemble pic together
>>
>>81723813
Bangles seem to have picked up a few too many "one of the best at" traits
melee prowess, jump pack specialisation, master craftsmen, psychic power, pretty marines that are generally beloved by the imperium as a whole on the surface, etc
>>
>>81723813
>>81723852
I heard about a bangle guy who would smash his minis and quit the hobby if Baal ever falls to nids the way Cadia did to chaos
>>
>>81723821
One lil nurgle guy for extended family yeah
It is fun but also not used to some of the tinier details.
>>
File: eldar.jpg (59 KB, 544x612)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
Post maymays
>>
>>81723914
Go back to grimdank retard
>>
How the fuck do Custodes infiltrate and spy shit around if they're almost the size of a Primarch?
>>
>>81723921
muh cloaking device xD
>>
>>81723914
You've had multiple updates even since Obama
>>
Finally about to paint my 2nd army, but i can't choose- spooky dark eldar or scottish-themed guard?
>>
>>81723921
How do Alpha Legionnaires do espionage?
>>
>>81723917
Ok, i'll go to your mom's house.
>>
>>81723964
>>81723921
Very carefully
>>
>>81723964
At least Alpha Legion can dress up as other marine chapter since they look like just normal marines
>>
>>81723956
aeldarki are broken and cheesy. scottish guard sound unique and fun so do that
>>
>>81723964
see >>81723927
>>
>>81723921
Back when Custodes were fleshed out this way, Marines were 7 feet tall and Custodes were barelly taller, not even close to the 9-10 feet monstruosity they are now. The fact that they used cloaking devices and did not necessarily have their armour on when spying made it much more believable.
>>
>>81724029
if custodes are so badass why dont they replace marines with them
>>
>>81724034
What do you think the primaris are the first step towards?
>>
>>81721318
I like them too anon
>>
>>81724034
Marines are assembly-line, Custodes are hand-crafted.

Or, rather, marines are made with a standard process, which despite it's failure rate does provide quite a few marines in a relatively short time. Custodes are individually gene-crafted from near birth, and the emperor was involved in the creation of many of them personally. They take longer to make and require more specialised knowledge.
>>
>>81724056
>>81724056
>>81724056
NEW THREAD
>>
>>81724034
Too expensive. Do you have any idea how much Gold costs?
>>
>>81724034
too expensive. 1 custodes is more valuable than an entire chapter of marines. marines are disposable
>>
>>81723931
google the Eldar range and then kindly proceed to
Kill your self
>>
>>81724034
2 reasons. Everyone's mentioned that Marines are a lot easier to mass produce than Custodes, but there's also a second factor: Once the Great Crusade is over, the Space Marines are a liability. The Emperor made sure the Astartes were inferior to the Custodes so that if he ever needed to, he could simply kill the Space Marines.
>>
>>81723914
>>81724081
>Secondaries pretending to be Eldar players.
Fuck off. Go back to pretending to be Guard grogs you leeches.
>>
>>81724034
Too hard to mass produce. Custodes weren't meant to be a frontline army the way the Thunder Warriors or the Astartes were, they are bodyguards, envoys, assassins and enforcers.
>>
>>81721286
based
>>
>>81724029
Custodes are not that tall. In Deliverance Lost they are barely bigger than a Space Marine (but much broader), same depiction in Outcast Dead and First Heretic.

Retarded lorelet secondary.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.