[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 435457887901324.jpg (112 KB, 1000x506)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
Power gaming edition
>Previous Thread
>>81673450
>Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/WiCHizn0
>Mediafire
http://mediafire.com/folder/s9esc6u7ke8k5/CofD
>Mega
https://mega.nz/folder/ePQ1BKhJ#RCosRCh59Ki2Mpb1M9H3Uw
>General Creation Kit
https://mega.nz/#F!FWJgBTbb!f7d5rARWHYzuI8-8aI-Bxw
> White Wolf Wiki:
https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page
> OWOD/COFD Forums:
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/

Where to buy what you need (Check all links for full selection):
> White Wolf Catalogue:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/1/White-Wolf
> Onyx Path Publishing Catalogue:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/4261/Onyx-Path-Publishing
> Fan-made Stuff
https://www.storytellersvault.com/

>Thread Question
What is the most overpowered thing you can build in each splat?
>>
>>81702166
>What is the most overpowered thing you can build in each splat?
Archmage for Mage.
Archmage-made vampires+, werewolves+, changelings+, etc, for every other splat
>>
>>81702192
I wanted people to elaborate so let me toss my hat into the ring, also lets make this more interesting by making something fresher out character gen.
>VtM
Toreador/Catiff/Brujah 5 dots in generation and if possible buy the paragon merit twice to raise that to 7. for disciplines get Celerity because more actions to punch people.
>>
File: fomori_reddit_post.png (385 KB, 1080x2340)
385 KB
385 KB PNG
>>81702166
>>Thread Question
For everything but Dreaming the answers is Fomori
>>
Ferryman would casually whip anything that doesn't reality bend, but they're barely even seen by the dead, let alone skinlanders.
>>
>>81702477
Oh thats a thing? I thought they were just traveling Wraiths
>>
>>81702701
I believe the rules for them are in Ends of Empire. Stupid levels of corpus, access to every Arcanoi including spectral, unique artifacts, etc.
>>
>>81702364
>Toreador
>You cached the eye of a monster.
>Perhaps it was your pretty face.
>Maybe it was the art you made.
>There is a chance that visiting a archeological site to see cave paintings and snooping around had something to do with the monster munching your net right now.
>You now roam the night with nothing but your name and a alien hunger
>>
>>81702166
Wow OP, that's a stupid boring question.
Instead, rate the following companies regarding three axis (Money, Power, Evil):
- Wizards of the Coast.
- Paradox Interactive.
- Games Workshop.
- Pentex.
>>
>>81702166
Sam Haught
>>
>>81704246
Are Wizards of the Coast (or Magicians of the Bay) Weaver aligned?
>>
>>81702166
Rank 10 Beast.
>>
>>81704246
Wizards of the Coast
Money: rolling in it
Power: hobby market big
Evil: creeping wokeness, made D&D and MtG not worth my time

Paradox Interactive
Money: doing pretty well I think
Power: hobby market medium
Evil: creeping wokeness, games in a patch process limbo, bungling every White Wolf license (MAKE A VAMPIRE CITY MANAGEMENT GAME YOU COWARDS)

Games Workshop
Money: doing okay probably... for now
Power: hobby market medium-low
Evil: paranoid about a future of fans 3d-printing their own models and not paying Thailand sextrip prices for the magic grey plastic kits, licensed works are hit or miss, putting out feelers for a "family-friendly" branch of 40k, primaris marines are kind of silly

Pentex:
Money: global pan-industrial conglomerate
Power: global pan-industrial conglomerate with many unseemly government ties
Evil: annoying pride month variant logo, some products occasionally attempt to inject Banes into my body
>>
Can someone do this for wraith please?
>>
>>81704759
>(MAKE A VAMPIRE CITY MANAGEMENT GAME YOU COWARDS)
>That Nosferatu neonate wants to Embrace a sex worker. Do you give permission?
>>
>>81704867
Skilled Moliator who can successfully impersonate key Guild and Legion officials.
>>
File: 1623007775102.jpg (17 KB, 300x276)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>81702477
How do you become a ferryman.
>>
>>81704886
*clicking through layers upon layers of sub-interfaces*
Where does it tell me if she's hot?
>>
File: 1633810700577.jpg (95 KB, 640x800)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>81704914
Here's her picture.
>>
File: 1631772717555.jpg (44 KB, 550x550)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>81704899
How do you get away with this long enough with another moliator using shapesense
>>
>>81704939
Try her out as a ghoul for a few years and we'll have another hearing then.

>>81704942
You better get the other moliator in on it. In fact, better bring in the whole Guild. "Get in loser, we're making Intimation look unnecessary"
>>
>>81704990
>the nosferatu are mildly displeased
> -1 when dealing with the clan
> -1 information stat
> +1 elysium mood
>>
>>81704246
>Wow OP, that's a stupid boring question
Then please give us a better one, I rand out of interesting OP questions a long time ago.
>>
>>81704759
>>81704886
>>81704939
Lets go full chapter master on this bitch pitch an even for Vampire the Masquerade: Princehood
>>
>>81705033
"In public, the Prince was gracious, but privately, he fumed, asking his favored childe if the Nosferatu were really too thoughtless to put a neonate's desires in perspective, or to realize that an immediate Nosferatu Embrace wouldn't just put the damper on slutty daytime beach photoshoots, but also ruin her looks and turn her from blood asset to blood consumer."
>>
anyone know a good city map maker for a game of vampire set in a fictional US city?
>>
>>81704939
Who da thot?
>>
>>81706073
What kind of map do you want? A road map, a satellite map, a map of neighborhoods and zoning, a map of income and crime, a topographical map, a map of buildings, a map of where people shit in the street?

Damnation City had "map pieces" representing districts that you could put together into a city.

I strongly suggest using an existing city as your fictional city for map purposes. Consider what goal you're accomplishing setting the game in a fictional city at all. A real city means a lot of real material to draw on. But even if you do have a purpose in keeping it fictional, you can take a lesser-known (and distant from your players) city like Des Moines or Houston and base your fictional city directly on it.
>>
Vampire romantic comedy. Two players. They meet awkwardly in the first session and keep getting drawn together by coincidence — emigrating to the same city, implicated in the same plot, staked in the same coffin (time lapse).

The game only directly covers the time they're together; whenever they're apart it's treated as downtime. They have serious philosophical differences, belong to opposed groups, and both fear love as a weakness... but they only seem to be effective when they work together.
>>
>>81706093
Some Croat, google says.

>>81704643
Reeks of Wyrm to me.

>>81705433
Oh OP, you know we all love you, it was just a very powergaming Hulk vs Spiderman baiting thread question. Not that the mongrels need any help to do that, but come on.
We are all captive fans of your work OP. We just want you to be even greater.
>>
>>81706375
Who do you hire for the lead roles?

>>81705433
Make the next one "OP Appreciation Edition".
>>
>>81706318
>a map of neighborhoods and zoning, a map of income and crime
mostly these two
>>
>>81706676
You can find demographic maps of US cities in Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Race_and_ethnicity_2010-_Baltimore_(5559896701).png

But not on every city tho, but when available, is a realiable map of income and crime, as you request.
>>
>>81706723
Oh, and white is Red, black is Blue, asian is Green, and hispanic is Orange. These color combinations are common across Wikipedia apparently.
>>
Does anyone know the name of the ridiculously amazing cover art for V20 Companion?
Which clan is she?
>>
>>81706971
I always assumed Kyasid, for some reason.
>>
Any comic books or graphic novels with that world of darkness vibe you can recommend? I've been through hellblazer, preacher, Sandman, fables and ferals recently. Just bought volume one of highmoon. Something with a ghost society might be cool, stygia is my favorite setting.
>>
File: hellboy-library-2[1].jpg (680 KB, 2018x1537)
680 KB
680 KB JPG
>>81707326
Hellboy/BPRD?

I Hate Fairyland by Skottie Young's a great one, a young girl gets kidnapped into fairyland in what's supposed to be a fun adventure, and ends up spending decades fighting her way through without physically aging while the denizens, especially its ruler, get impatient with her lack of progress and brutal violence.
>>
>>81707422
>>
>>81707422
I read both of those, really good stuff. Hellboy/bprd universe is some of the best.
>>
File: lfies74g6aw01.jpg (2.85 MB, 1792x2744)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB JPG
>>81707326
The old Men In Black comic is solid
>>
A Discovery of Witches, any good?
>>
>>81707776
Very dry but they seemed to be doing a good job with more subtle magic from what i saw.
>>
Beside America, which other countries have a large enough number of people that play WoD games anons?
>>
>>81707823
None. Wod is basicaly dead worldwide, besides VtM. At best you get small froups that never heard from wod/cofd and decide to try it out.

Only 30+ year olds where even in the rpg scene when it was big.
Also CoC does wod better for what most people want out of a horror rpg, while shadowrun does urban fantasy better.
Modern WoD/CofD doesn't realy have a niche of it's own anymore. If you're licky people might have heard about werewolf (from the vidya), Hunter (that one e-girl stream) or Mage (from having a shit fanbase)
>>
>>81702166
Rank 10 Geist or Rank 10 Beast

In OWoD, certainly this >>81702412 because there's also a Discipline that allows you to ape a Mage's powers. Dreaming Changelings are pretty strong too but the strongest thing they can do is turn into a literal unstattable God NPC which is sort of cheating.
>>
>>81707823
>>81708048
Pen and Paper took a great hit with the invention of videogames, but every cvilized country has its players.
They are niche among niches, because they have to be a) Interested in RP and b) Interested in WoD (and c) Interested in whatever deranged gameline you actually want to play).
But any Western European country would have from a few thousands to several thousand active players at any given time.
The US is just one big country, while Europe is many countries. You may as well ask "how many people that play WoD games are in Idaho/Missouri" and you'll get a more realistic number.
California's Coast, being the center of all that is foul on Earth, probably has the largest playerbase, which is one of the reasons these games aim to please them politically.
>>
>>81708253
Oh, and Sweden.
Sweden is wild.
>>
>>81707798
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>81708048
Brazil has a sizeable and strong population. So does the Isle of Man, strangely enough.
>>
File: Rapaces - 01 - 01.jpg (682 KB, 1885x2463)
682 KB
682 KB JPG
>>81707326
Off the top of my head, things I would recommend giving a look: Ben Templesmith's non-30Days of Night suff: Wormwood Gentleman Corpse; Welcome to Oxford, Choker, Fell etc... if only for the graphic trip. Jonathan Hickman's The Nightly News. I Kill Giants, by Joe Kelly (just discovered it's been adapted into a movie); Grant Morrison's The Invisibles is definitive Mage inspiration; Warren Ellis is way too productive, but there's a lot of his stuff which, while not stricto sensu WoD, is great inspiration... Try Desolation Jones, for one; the old Vertigo line had a LOT of stuff for WoD, I'd advise checking their catalogue from Fables to Books of Magic, to Blood - a Tale, and obviously all the Gaiman stuff... I don't know if it's been translated in English, but Marinin/Dufaux's Rapaces is worth it just for the art (Pic Related).
>>
>>81707326
Sin City for the entire "everything is shitty always and also vaguely catholic" style
>>
Realisticaly, if the mortal world where to unveil that the Fae exist, would changelings be concerned or relieved?

As in, just the knowledge of Fae being real, not how to pierce their Masks.
Both OwOd and nwod answers are allowed
:3
>>
File: 1585899448383.jpg (60 KB, 564x645)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>81709837
>Dreaming
If everyone on earth at the same time were to find out that Fae exist, it'd cause even more wonder than the initial banality. Dragons would return to mountains and the Sidhe host with their newfound power might try to take over humanity permanently this time.
>Lost
So many fucking faggots would try and give themselves up to the True Fae to be used - incidentally, these are the same people the True Fae wouldn't want to take anyway since they'd be boring losers. What would happen is that Hobgoblins would be taken as a more serious threat, there'd be a resurgence in individual metalwork craftsman for Iron and more than one city would vanish into Arcadia...after all, if the rules change, the True Fae know how to adapt to it.
>>
Can someone who plays or knows Princess tell me what the difference is between the Dreamlands and the Hedge/Faerie?
>>
>>81710082
There's no real difference practically, just like the places you go to in Awakening or Beast. WoD retreads itself a lot.
>>
>>81709921
>more than one city would vanish into Arcadia...after all, if the rules change, the True Fae know how to adapt to it.
There was an apocalypse scenario like that in one of the mirrors books that basicaly was about the Gentry invading reality and becoming the owners of the mundane world, with no higher power being able (or willing) to stop them.
>>
>>81709921
>Dragons would return to mountains and the Sidhe host with their newfound power might try to take over humanity permanently this time
big doubt. i know that changeling can get pretty retarded in powerlevels shit but come on. no splat could could take humanity head on let alone if other splats would do their own thing to survive. there are already people that are basically weaponized banality, how much of a stretch that could be they would be unaffected ?
>Lost
I never got what exactly makes Cold Iron what it is. i keep getting different responses
>>
https://www.worldofdarkness.com/news/world-of-darkness-crimson-thaw-is-out-now

A cross-over comic and more importantly, a first look at W5.
>>
>>81710322
Already expecting a shitshow but hey hoping for the best
>>
>>81710147
>I never got what exactly makes Cold Iron what it is. i keep getting different responses
Cold Iron is iron that was never touched by machines or completly molten. Steel isn't cold iron, but the shitty, rusty nails in gramps old shed could be.

So in a medieval game the gentry get fucked over by fighterchads in shitty armor.
>>
>>81710322
>>81710337
So far so good. I liked Winter's Teeth and this seems like some more of that
>>
>>81710395
>rusty nails in gramps old shed could be
nah it just an regular apartment, by that definition no regular person is getting cold iron outside Europe if that. but hey maybe iron ore might count.
>>
>>81710147
Sidhe with no Banality to worry about literally and unironically could conquer the planet easily. Banality is only an issue because it's a predominant force on the planet compared to Glamour. In the dawn ages of Fae kind, the Fae were literally unstoppable. Only by warring against each other for aeons outside of reality were humans able to weaponize echoes against them.
>>
>>81710650
eh, makes sense. it annoys me but it does.
>>
>>81710563
Iron ore would totaly count, if mined by hand.
But even outside of europe it wouldn't be hard to get Cold Iron. Even africans developped metal working. Realisticaly only australians and americans wouldn't have Cold Iron aviable on short notice.

Depending on gameline searching for Cold Iron could be realy fun.
>>
>>81710147
>I never got what exactly makes Cold Iron what it is. i keep getting different responses
Depends on if it's 1e or 2e.

For 2e, cold iron is simply hand-forged mostly pure iron. Temperature does not play a role despite the name. You also can't cast it, produce it on a mass-scale, use magic, or anything else like that. That's all it takes RAW though, so it's not complicated to do it's just rare because it's not often done anymore. But the fae are creatures of story and myth, not of science, so they don't care about chemical composition of materials. So iron is also more conceptual than chemical, steel might be mostly iron but it's conceptually steel. A sword is steel because the concept of a sword is steel, even if the sword is mostly iron chemically. A big wrought iron fence is iron though. Forge it by hand, and it's cold iron. If it isn't hand forged or breaks any of the other rules but is conceptually iron it's just iron.

In 1e things are a little different, regular iron is referred to as cold iron there and what cold iron is in 2e is called hand-forged iron. Although in 1e for something to be cold iron it does have to be mostly pure iron, although not steel. Despite the fact that steel contains a far higher percentage of iron than most actual iron. They care about chemical composition in 1e but the writers kinda didn't. The same rules from 2e cold iron apply when it comes to machines and magic too. Hand-forged iron is literally just beaten into shape with hammers, no heat or anything like that. I generally think 1e's rules for it are dumb, kind of contradictory, and make for a worse game overall but YMMV.
>>
>>81710706
>can't use magic
isn't there some retarded rule that Mages can magic it up?
>>
>>81710686
>Iron ore would totally count, if mined by hand.
oh so basically none now a days, shame.
>>81710706
I prefer 1e version because if we use use the 2e no one is going to have that shit unless you go on an entire quest for it and that seems too much of a hassle to deal in game and against the folklore ''spirit'' so to speak
>>
>>81710800
Akchually Mages don't summon Iron, but instead grant Siderite the qualities of Cold Iron instead.

The ST decides if that works on his table though
>>
>>81710800
yeah. because it is supposed to be mundane. maybe you could make a regular iron to count as cold iron using fate to use a looser definition but that depends on the st
>>
>>81710680
Doesn't eveey game have that one faction that could take over the world if it weren't for that "one thing", In this case banality for the sidhe.
>>
>>81710322
How the fuck is W5 gonna work? The apocalypse happened and we're feeling the aftereffects now?
>>
>>81710901
yes and that feels cheap to be pretty honest. I get that it is supposed to invoke a sense of fear but just make the group look stupid. maybe its just my dislike of the eldritch stile of horror but yeah i think its pretty dumb to be sincere.
>>81710902
I would bet 20 Brazilian reals that the apocalypse was avoided/delayed but woofs still suffer from pollution and humanity being humanity etc
>>
>>81710981
>>81710902
All Fera are now out and proud, the Get have been canceled
>>
>>81711078
I always found it really funny that the one minor camp in the Gets that were racist were literally only removed because of butthurt LARP fags.

The funnier part? The only way they could justify the Swords of Heimdall being killed is to say they were secretly being controlled by a Vampire this whole time.
>>
>>81711117
At one point, the official LARP and the New Bremen chat players were the only things with direct, regular access to give feedback. I'm truly amazed more shit didn't get nuked or wildly altered.
>>
>>81710800
Mages can't summon cold iron, no, nor can they make it with magic. They do, however, get perfected iron (Siderite) and perfected materials count as banes if the bane is made of that material. So siderite counts as cold iron, but also counts as the iron cross bathed in the blood of a week old calf and rubbed with the ash of an oak tree. You get rid of all the bane conditions but the material, and perfected materials count as the bane so long as their base material is part of it.

>>81710831
I think you mean you prefer 2e then, 1e is the game that makes it very difficult to obtain.

>>81710863
RAW siderite counts as cold iron as far as the Player's Guide to the Contagion Chronicle is concerned. I think it's pretty clear in the actual rules for them too though. STs are free to do as they please though.
>>
>>81711225
I guess i mixed it up then. oh well
>>81711117
they are werewolfs since when do they need a excuse to murder one another
>>
File: 1590106464030.jpg (962 KB, 1334x2073)
962 KB
962 KB JPG
How powerful can Hedgespinning actually get?
>>
>>81711329
you can pretty much make anything as long as you can justify your biggest dicepool to your st.
in most occasions you can shape your environment, get tokens and goblin fruits
>>
>>81711370
Huh, I guess so...how the fuck do Oath Forged tokens work by the way? What the hell does it mean by giving it 15 oaths. Oaths about what? Do I have to keep track of them? Are they relevant?
>>
>>81711383
>how the fuck do Oath Forged tokens work by the way?
no idea my dude havent read abut them
>>
>>81711383
You swear oaths onto the object. You need 3 Oaths per dot rating. Because of how relatively easy this is and how you can steer how the object's powers form, versus making them in the Thorns where you have to abandon it for a while. have no control over what powes it gains, and risk it being found.

And yes, you need to keep track of them. A Lost who breaks an Oath is an Oathbreaker, everyone else knows it, and you can't lose the Condition until you properly make amends. But, you can collectively forge such a token as a group, you don't have to swear 15 Oaths on it by yourself.
>>
Old Werewolf still having fans is funny to me because those "people" are the sort that happily lives in cities, eat bugs, live in pods and hate rural people.
>>
File: 1633963890416.jpg (184 KB, 800x712)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>81711329
Everything can be done. As long as it interacts only with the environment.

Create a well that makes mortals age backwards into children? Yes
Grow a goblin fruit that regrows your legs taken by your keeper? Aye
Pluck the stars from the hedge sky by bragging? Absolutely
Grow a mighty flying battle ship with your Hollow at heart? Why not
Bend the Thorns through a hedge gate to snatch a mortal? Mean, but possible

Only the STs willingness to put up with your shenanigans and your dicepool decide what can and can't be done.
It will attract attention though
>>
>>81710902
It's an attempt to progress the setting they way they did vampire, but it's way worse because vampire themes didnt get gutted in the process, that the apocalypse already happened and the world is still spinning like nothing happened is a real slap in the face, and not in am interesting or thematic way, its just a giant let down. Especially after reading the Time of Judgment book.

I'm assuming it's all being derived from the godawful BNS lore.
>>
>>81711765
>Weird shit you think when /pol/ rots your brain
>>
>>81711765
/pol/, get out.
>>
>>81711765
I'm a woof fan and am trying to move out of the city, will never eat the bugs and cannot live without meat.

I just like the idea if being a beastly rage monster that can rip apart the big tech oligarchs.
>>
>>81711383
The Oaths are what makes the Token magical. You don't need to track them individualy, just pay the exp and describe how you swear and pledge the humble candle flame into a mighty zweiheander of fire. If you go against the pledges (who are all similiar enough to count as one i would rule for simplicity) the normal penalties apply. Using a sword made from pledges of chivalry and honor to slaughter innocents would break them, but ot realy depends on what you have in mind for the token to do.
>>
>>81709921
>So many fucking faggots would try and give themselves up to the True Fae
Well, to be fair...

>incidentally, these are the same people the True Fae wouldn't want to take anyway since they'd be boring losers.
Fuck.
>>
>>81711329
Super-duper powerful if a mage does it.
>>
>>81711765
Is Cringe under the purview of the Weaver or Wyrm?
>>
>>81713482
Yes.

Weaver is unintentional cringe

Wyrm is weaponized cringe
>>
>>81711823
>Create a well that makes mortals age backwards into children? Yes
What? You can't do that shit.
>>
>>81711765
I get that impression from changeling the lost fans more than woof fans. The only person I ever spoke to werewolves about was a schizo girl who dressed in oversized hoodies and sweats and painted upside down crosses on her fingers.
>>
File: images.png (9 KB, 327x154)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
Playing a Dark Ages vtm game, and my malkavian steppe shaman is gonna learn koldunic sorcery.

What would be some based kraina powers for a kraina of the central eurasian steppe?
>>
>>81711823
OK this is cool and all, but why the fuck is the general always asking how strong changeling can get? Can a geist do the equivalent of any of this shit? What about cofd woofs and vamps
>>
>>81711865
>will never eat bugs
Based, but
>cannot live without meat
you're a faggot.
>>
>>81713654
They want Hedgefag to post again. And asking changeling related questions works sometimes.
>>
>>81713654
Geist's can get to Rank 10 along with Beasts and for the most part are stronger than Lings except when it comes to chicanery. Also some of what that guy was saying is literal bullshit.

No one gives a shit about Woofs or Vamps though.
>>
>>81713996
>Also some of what that guy was saying is literal bullshit.
What exactly?
>>
>>81704900
Suck off Charon, presumably.
>>
>>81714117
>age backwards
No
>Bend the thorns through a hedge gate
No
>pluck the stars from the hedge sky by bragging
what he forgot to say is that this does literally nothing.
>>
>>81714163
Why would those be impossible when there is weirder stuff in the Hedge?
Also hedgespun things can leave the hedge
>>
>>81714259
that sort of immortality is impossible, you can't have hedgespun locales leave the Hedge and plucking a star from the sky does nothing. Either give me citations or fuck off.
>>
File: The Dark Decree.png (548 KB, 577x1961)
548 KB
548 KB PNG
>>81713654
Vamps get Devotions and Blood Sorcery, both of which can be insanely powerful. The go-to Devotion in terms of flashy power-level shit is The Dark Decree, essentially you just tell reality to do a thing and then it happens. That's not even the upper bounds of what Devotions may be capable of. You could make something requiring more Disciplines and higher dots of those Disciplines, and require something to need Blood Potency 10 as well. For Blood Sorcery 5 dot rites, and enough ritualists and vitae, can summon almost unstoppable vampire god with maxed out stats, BP, Disciplines, Skills, and uncapped Size. Now, that's not exactly a realistic scenario but it is possible. Then you've got the freeform Blood Sorcery stuff that's basically broken, largely on account of it's 1 turn per roll extended action shit. That's not as interesting mechanically as the vampire god though. I'm sure there are nutty things in the Mysteries, Laws, and Oaths too. But I'll have to come back to those and the woof stuff in a bit.
>>
File: 1632068667369.jpg (436 KB, 1200x874)
436 KB
436 KB JPG
Alright alright, how about a Mummy? Is there a way to get really fucking strong as a Mummy and stay at Sekhem 10 for an appreciable amount of time?
>>
>>81714493
Mummies don't need Sekhem 10 to be powerful, all the way to 5 they're capable of ending thousands of lives basically just whenever.
>>
>>81713633
Genius Loci or The Transylvanian Kraina
>>
>>81714415
bruh that is pretty op. anyway thanks for the excuse to railroad my players
>>
>>81713633
No you are not.
>>
>>81714493
Change the time a descent roll needs to happen.
Instead of rolling every week, roll every year. Instead of rolling every year, roll ever decade, etc.
That way your mummies may live for a hundred years before needing their beauty sleep again, which makes more sense thematically than having your mummy wake up for 6 years every 1450 years, and spending 4 of those 6 years trying to remember his past 6 year life.
>>
>>81713633
V20 Dark ages talks about making your own based on it's Karina format. Maybe grab some steppe folk lore and homebrew one to show your DM?
>>
>>81713704
They want hedgefag to post more tummy pics
>>
>>81714572
Getting high Traits is really, really beneficial.
>>81715317
Oh? This sounds interesting, but how can you do this?
>>
File: bungerboy.gif (23 KB, 112x112)
23 KB
23 KB GIF
>>81715374
Theres an entire board for that >>>/lgbt/

and if they weren't fucking cringe cowards they could just go to his discord, but they are cringe cowards.
>>
>>81715392
You can't, they're suggesting homebrewing it. The only way to really slow Descents and keep Sekhem high is by finding ungodly amounts of relics and draining them, although that triggers Descent Rolls. Judges can grant resets but that only postones the roll itself. Judges do very occasionally grant Sekhem but that's not particularly reliable, just like every other method.
>>
>>81715681
Sigh. Just say "go be thirsty somewhere else" and be done with it.
>>
>>81715774
Oh, I'm not interested in homebrew, I was just asking if Mummies could be as casually powerful as other splats.
>>
>>81711846
>>81711863
you lost? This is /tg/ not reddit.
>>
>>81715791
They start off casually powerful. Like, from character generation they can wipe out a town if they chose to.
>>
File: For Example.png (29 KB, 829x341)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>81715392
I like you so much I redid the descent table just for you.
Enjoy.
This a conservative table. You can increase it even further if you think it will suit your needs better, but as it is, it is good enough.
>>
>>81715804
Anon, the guy's post says 'stay at Sekhem 10 for an appreciable amount of time', everyone and there fucking dogs knows you start off at Sekhem 10.

As for this entire conversation, the answer is Apotheosis, becoming a Judge or being devoted to Anpu
>>
>>81715791
Oh, well, then all my hard work has been for naught. Woe is unto me.
>>
>>81715877
>>81715847
Even though I wasn't looking for homebrew, this is still a good guideline in general to have in the community. There's people out there that prefer a more slower paced Mummy game and I totally can't blame them and this will be super helpful for them.
>>
>>81715864
Apotheosis isn't the answer. It makes a Mummy weaker, not stronger.
>>
>hedgefag is straight and has a girlfriend
>>
>>81715958
It pretty much doesn't in upcoming 2e
>memory becomes power stat except for Utterances
>can get Utterances through Relics anyway
>>
>>81715992
I think Hedgefag makes these desperately lonely posts about himself. It's really sad.
>>
>>81715894
It allows for a Mummy to kinda be alive for a significant period of time (like a Beast or a Faeling), but after the first several years (depending how luck or unlucky you get with the rolls, it may be anything from less than a year to 4-5) the power diminishes notably.
Then your descent really slows down, allowing you to live for, easily, a hundred years and even two or three times that, but as a husk of your former power.
Basically the oppossite of a Beast.

I always found ridiculous that such a powerful thing like the Spell of Life is so completely stupid, allowing your servants to basically be blimps of activity in periods measures in millenia.
Mummy has a wrong concept when it comes to Sekhem, in my opinion. Mummies are retardly powerful, but there are other retardly powerful beings (older Mages, Beasts with Lair 6/7 +, etc), and that is seen as normal.

I guess certain round man decided this, so that mummies could compete (and overpower) his pet splat, but only for like 3 days after waking up. Which is why you don't allow fans into editorial lines; they turn it into fanfiction.

I AM NOT TRYING TO BAIT AWOKEFAGS, YOU ARE VERY WELCOME TO ENJOY YOUR FUCKING GAMES AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE, PERSONALLY I BELIEVE YOU AND CHANGEFAGS ARE THE WORST, BUT I AM JUST A MORON, LEARN TO LIVE FREE FROM OTHERS JUDGMENT
>>
>>81716016
Mummyfag here, nobody likes it when you decide to be this much of a faggot. Your unending seethe is just dragging the general down.
>>
>>81716016
I really think that the way Descent works is sort of obnoxious. If it was more of a moral thing, that would be really good and original and something the other splatlines don't really lean into.

I've done it that way for the last month of weekly sessions and it's been a blast so far. Would honestly recommend.
>>
>>81716062
Is it really warranted to be this mad about someone not liking a single aspect of a game you like?
>>
>>81716062
Nah, its just you, an annoying plague in this place for years upon years.
We learn to tolerate or ignore your existence.
>>
>>81716094
Why would you think that was the bit I care about?

>>81716104
You're right, people never complain about faggots having mage-based arguments.
>>
>>81716094
He is not a mummy player, he is the resident shitposter. Yes, people will devote their lives to that, as hard as it is to believe.
>>
>>81716104
>We learn to tolerate or ignore your existence.
speak for yourself
>>
>>81704900
you sever your shadow from yourself, creating a pasiphae that serves oblivion. You both become stronger and weaker together
>>
>>81716140
>We SHOULD learn to tolerate or ignore your existence
He won't go anywhere. He has a geas or something. So we may as well accept it and move on.
>>
>>81715993
NTA but that doesn't appear to be how it works at all
>>
>>81716170
>imagine getting this buttblasted over a single poster
>>
>>81716215
It worked differently in 1e.
>>
File: 1603230397237.jpg (697 KB, 875x1600)
697 KB
697 KB JPG
How do we get hedgefag to run a /qst/ for us?
>>
>>81716116
What argument, crazy person? Two anons were just having a four post conversation about how to be stronger in Mummy.
>>
>>81716228
So?
>>
>>81716238
Deliver him a hundred magefag heads to his doorstep/Hedgegate.
>>
>>81715795
This is /tg/, not /pol/, shitbird.

You know, the board often called /d-lite/ for its create urges.
>>
>>81716238

Bah, your pic is a girl, dissapointing.
>>
>>81716241
How new are you? Every thread there is some autistic mage-based argument.
>>
>>81716242
What's so difficult to understand? It'll work differently in 2e from what the devs have said.
>>
>>81716313
But the book is out and you can go see how it works. It doesn't appear to do what you said it does.
>>
File: Social Combat.png (219 KB, 715x501)
219 KB
219 KB PNG
>>81716280
>>
>>81716313
2e is already out and all is the same.
>>
File: Apotheosis.png (28 KB, 528x153)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>81716331
>>81716338
You mean this small section that doesn't give any meaningful mechanics for it?
>>
>>81716335
Open one door but gain a Tilt.
>>
>>81716379
It doesn't change your power stat to Memory, no.
>>
File: Apotheosis2.png (28 KB, 1017x91)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>81716388
...anon, that section is not the be all end all of Apotheosis and we're getting future supplements that go into it.
>>
>>81716432
Okay, but those rules don't actually exist yet. So when the Book of Lasting Death is out, and if it contains said rules, you can talk about it then. Until then though, Apotheosis doesn't do what was said.
>>
>>81716451
You might need to take your medication >>81715993
>in upcoming 2e
In future, don't join these arguments if you're talking out of your ass. It makes actual fans of Mummy look like retards.
>>
File: Xenomorph.jpg (16 KB, 250x325)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
A mage in our campaign is using the splats as incubators for pic related - turning them into were-xenomorphs and xenopires, etc.

How would a group of hunters deal with a xenomorph that can use the celerity discipline?
>>
>>81716273
>This is /tg/, not /pol/, shitbird.
lol-no, try to bring your woke-shit here or your forced diversity and you will be laughed out. I think your a little past your welcome election tourist. /tg/ is a board of peace and understanding, like all of 4chan. Your negativity makes you gay.
>>
>>81716273
you have to go back
>>
Yep, if 2e Apotheosis works llike 1e is pure speculation currently. Though don't expect it to be an avenue for super power in 2e either.
>>
>>81716484
>>81716489
You first, dumbasses.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>81716474
>How would a group of hunters deal with a xenomorph that can use the celerity discipline?
Run.
>>
>>81716470
Feel free to cite your source about what rules will be in 2e. Because you're totally not talking out your ass or anything, right?
>>
>>81716474
Capital H Hunters, or any of the hunter types?
>>
>>81716503
this isn't your safespace, this isn't plebbit, if you can't treat other anons with respect then maybe you should have stayed in plebbit. You are and never were welcomed in /tg/.
>>
>>81716503
/CofD/?
/WoDG/?
>>
>>81716474
Napalm and other explosives from afar
>>
>>81716538
>>81716550
>Retards defending /pol/tard posting on the wrong damn board
>>
>>81716557
isn't napalm just gasoline and Styrofoam?
>>
>>81716504
bitch if you are running you are already in their range
>>
>>81716567
this is /tg/, please stop sperging out.
>>
>>81716577
Real napalm is a bit more complicated, but that's an effective way of recreating it at the small scale
>>
File: xenoboy.jpg (87 KB, 823x829)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>81716474
XENOLINGS
>>
>>81716596
I really don't like this picture.
>>
>>81716577
IDK bro im not a chemist.
>>81716508
Im only familiar with Vigil hunters what are Reckoning hunters like
>>
>>81716567
you lost? This is /tg/ not /co/. Take your college grade liberal BS elsewhere.
>>
>>81716579
run faster
>>
>>81716474
Would vampires even die from a chestburster?
>>
>>81716626
Man, you sure are projecting a lot.
>>
>>81716474
any more context or is this just a random prompt
>>
>>81716587
Exactly, drop the retarded /pol/ memes.
>>
>>81716687
>>81716699
ok retard, remember not to come back when your done visiting /tg/.
>>
>>81716691
I need ideas to evade obvious overpowered bullshit. Xenomorphs that can jump in/out of the shadow are kind of impossible to deal with. Also without eyes how do they use dominate.
>>
>>81716687
>>81716699
stop shitting up the thread please
>>
>>81716712
>Implying I haven't been here a decade longer than you
You can stop pretending now.
>>
>>
>>81716686
maybe, it depends on their stamina, fortitude and how full of blood they are. but yeah most Vamps could survive that
>>
>>81716723
dude seriously fuck off
>>
>>81716718
You first.
>>
>>81716725
Stale, moldy bait. Bad.
>>
>>81716686
how do people die from chest bursters? Blood Lost, Damage to lungs and heart? They always seem to just die after they come out in related media.
>>
>>81716725
Anyone who actually has played Mage knows this, it's only whiteroomers who think Mages are unstoppable gods.
>>
>>81716760
Trauma. Massive blood loss. Organ rupture.
>>
>>81716744
do as >>81716741 said. This is /tg/, not your safespace. Your kind never belonged or were here.
>>
>>81716769
>it's only whiteroomers who think Mages are unstoppable gods

Well, and Mages with at least two dots in any Arcana.
>>
>>81716773
if it's organ rupture wouldn't stamina and fortitude like >>81716734 said become irrelevant?
>>
>>81716717
ok then, what splat are the players and how many dots in resources you have?
also is it Chronicles or Old World?
sorry if it sounds annoying but I need to know that to give half decent advice
>>
>>81716725
>mages
>most humans
BAKA
>>
>>81716760
From what I understand, the facehugger essentially plants a cancer cell in your chest. It fuses into your biology and integrates your DNA. Then when ready it rapidly converts your tissues into the chest burster, so you've basically go no heart and lungs left when its fully formed, which is obviously extremely traumatic.
>>
>>81716785
>herp derp safespace durr
Nobody ever said it was except you, shithead. You got exceptionally butthurt about being called out about your retarded "durr bugs and pods hurr" meme.
>>
>>81716808
Chronicles
ST is lenient on resources since this could get out of hand really fast
>>
>>81716837
>Nobody ever said it was except you, shithead. You got exceptionally butthurt about being called out about your retarded "durr bugs and pods hurr" meme.
I don't know what your are talking about, but if you can't handle a single post of that nature, then maybe r*ddit is more your style. Please lurk more and learn the culture of the board before you start spamming the thread because you saw a no-no post.
>>
>>81716807
>if it's organ rupture wouldn't stamina and fortitude like >>81716734 (You) said become irrelevant?
no? unless you just go ''hey Chest busters cause aggravated damage'' the standard template is probably enough to survive it as you half the damage and make it bashing
>>
>>81716871
>Throws out reddit as if that's a valid counter-argument to "stop being a /pol/tard on /tg/.
>>
>>81716888
pls stop shitting up our thread
>>
game over man, game over
>>
>>81716902
You're the one who won't drop being butthurt.
>>
>>81716813
how are mages not most humans in terms of physiology? Generally speaking.
>>
>>81716822
Facehuggers are retarded and make no sense.
>>
>>81714415
Thank you, based mechanics Scholar.
>>
>>81716919
I don't know who hurt you, but I need you to stop this tantrum, people are trying to discuss stuff.
>>
>>81716924
what part doesn't make sense?
>>
>>81716920
How are you applying Down n' Dirty rules to mages, bitch?
>>
>>81716941
T-there just mages?
>>
>>81716862
If you are mostly hunters I recommend molotofs, lots of them, because agg damage against vampires. as for the were ones... you are pretty much fucked if they have the same level of regen. your best bet would be elephant guns with silver tipped bullets failing that run them over with a truck
>>
>>81716686
die true death? probably not
get messed up bad enough to go to torpor? fledglings without Fortitude probably will
>>
>>81716949
this is a stupid post, and you should feel stupid for making it.
>>
>>81716940
They look like skittering vaginas.
>>
>>81716972
A lot of things look like vaginas if you look hard enough, doesn't mean they don't make sense.
>>
>>81716924
It's supposed to be a horrific and terrifying alien that exploits a visceral feeling of body horror. They adapt to their victims' environment by using their own biology against them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-PC4ymL890

>>81716931
>people are trying to discuss stuff.
Yes, I am, but you just can't give up on being butthurt about being called out for bringing up stupid /pol/bait memes.
>>
>>81716940
Hosts would die from lack of oxygen before they experienced their ribcage exploding.
>>
>>81716972
first, we call those women
second, chestbursters look nothing like them
>>
>>81716981
>Is that... A VAGINA ON LEGS?? AAAAAAAAAAAA- IM GOING INSANE
>>
>>81716981
>Yes, I am, but you just can't give up on being butthurt about being called out for bringing up stupid /pol/bait memes.
you are the one that keeps replying bro, and the post you were referring to, it shows you were the only one butthurt normal /tg/ natives just took it with laughs. Could you possibly fuck off and stop acting like you never been on /tg/.
>>
>>81716986
fair point. if they need to breve they are probably screwed.
>>
>>81716981
ps stop posting
>>
>>81717021
>WAAAAAAHHHHHHH
>>
File: giger-necronom.jpg (48 KB, 620x408)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Giger is a horndog
Perfect for OwOd
>>
>>81717030
Fuck you.
>>
>>81716981
This is the post >>81716981 that is making you squeal? It's just a post nigga. Close your eyes. Move away from the screen.
>>
>>81717039
*was
>>
>>81717064
Stop ;_;
>>
>>81717039
>pic related
sorry, but that too closely resembles a human woman, it does nothing for me.
>>
>>81711329
Is that Estinien?
>>
File: giger-butts-and-balls.jpg (42 KB, 400x271)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>81717074
Here you go fag
>>
>>81717002
>Freaky ass thing busts through his helmet, clamps onto his face, and resists attempts to remove, but keeps him alive
>Just dies after a while and falls off
It's meant to lull you into a false sense of relative harmlessness. They set the chestburster scene up to be a surprise for most of the cast to really respond naturally to take advantage of how anticlimactic the facehugger stage seems.
>>
>>81717086
This is not what I meant at ALL! Also sauce?
>>
>>81717051
>Retard clicks the same post twice
>>
>81716981
I hate newfags
>>
>>81717094
>sauce?
Giger
>>
>>81716699
go back
>>
>>81717117
>Anyone who dares tell people to keep /pol/shit on its containment board must a newfag durr
Hi tourist.
>>
>>81717127
I was hoping for something a little more specific...
>>
>>81717139
butts and balls
>>
>>81717130
I was here first, where exactly would I "go back" to?
>>
>>81717039
The black dog art book with Vykos's giant hog has a lot of Giger inspiration. I can't remember the title, but that monster hammer is seared into my brain.
>>
>>81717133
>>81717148
Are you still buttblasted that somebody made a bugs and pod post? Dude fuck off back to whatever unfunny tight ass shithole you squirmed out of. Like seriously who fucking cares.
>>
>>81717161
Not really, it's just getting to be entertaining seeing how long you'll continue replying because of one retarded post you got called out on.
>>
>>81717148
>I was here first, where exactly would I "go back" to?
if you were you wouldn't be acting like a newfag. People who browse /tg/, don't have autistic spasm every time they see a politically incorrect post.
>>
>>81717188
What quests did you play in then, huh? Who was Snapple?
>>
>>81717200
>>81717185
>>81717148
not him, but the guy you were initially responding to is long gone, and most people replying to you now want you to just stop shitting up the thread.
>>
>>81717200
What the fuck is a snapple?
>>
>>81717218
Thanks for proving my point, newfag.
>>
>>81717225
>He doesn't know either
>>
>>81717156
>art book
Never mind, it was that professional fan fiction Eternal Hearts.
>>
>>81717217
>It's not the /pol/tard, it's just people really mad about nothing!
>>
>>81717225
>>81717200
>>81717240
>finds /tg/ from posting on reddit
>sees a joke he doesn't like
>shits up thread b/c he thinks he is a gatekeeper or something
>starts to call everyone who disagrees with him a poltard

Are poltards in the room with us right now newfag?
>>
>>81717237
You just want to know because you came here as an election tourist.
>>
>>81717259
Tell me what a snapple is anon. You can't.
>>
>>81717258
>Keeps making shit up
>Instead of just admitting /pol/ needs to stay in /pol/ and getting back on topic
>>
>>81717267
>Begging to be let in on oldfag knowledge
>>
>>81717271
I don't have to admit anything, I and many others do not give a shit what you and that other anon were talking about. We just need you to stfu and stop posting.
>>
>>81711765
>Old Werewolf still having fans is funny to me because those "people" are the sort that happily lives in cities, eat bugs, live in pods and hate rural people.

I thought it was funny.
>>
>>81717281
You don't know!
>>
>>81717282
Then post something relevant instead of continuing this line of posting, you fucking idiot. If it wasn't relevant to you to begin with why keep it going?
>>
>>81717145
seriously anon, google images and sauce nao are not giving me anything.
>>
>>81717306
I certainly know, and I was in the chorus yelling at him to shut the fuck up, but do you know what quest it was in, and why?
>>
>>81717309
This is my first post to you, you gigantic fucking faggot.
>>
>>81717322
Stop dodging the question. What does snapple mean?
>>
How come everything WoD touches withers and ends up on life support?
>>
>>81717322
dude I'm an "oldfag" and I don't even know what the fuck your talking about. Most people here don't keep up with drama bullshit.
>>
I remember why I stopped looking for WoD games now. Thanks fellas
>>
>>81717239
As far a crude pornographic novels with rape and monsters go, Eternal Hearts is one.

>>81702166
What the fuck has this place become? Are you seeing the guys telling each other to go back to pol, without even giving a reason for their conflict?
Other anons, I was away for a few hours, haven't been able to report anyone. Why haven't these fuckers be reported into oblivion? You know jannies actually do ban people from time to time.
Take fucking 10 seconds to report every retard post (with literally no context, no discussion, just shitslinging, completely out of context stuff with nothing related to WoD/CofD) and things will go better.
Do we really need to explain the basic fucking rules of boards at this stage? Because if you have 20 seconds to answer them to call the faggots and retarded you can report them for literally breaking the rules.
One thing is the occassional troll, or the occassional moron, this is fuckign 90 posts of nothing but "hurr durr, cry moar, weeh".
Jesus.
Clean your bedrooms people.
>>
>>81717327
So, why make the post then? Why not ask a question about Vampires instead of continuing the derail?
>>
>>81717344
Tabletop AIDS is a very real thing.
>>
>>81717362
Because I am begging you to stop posting and shitting up the thread!
>>
>>81717347
/tg/ is full of nogames whiteroomers anyways.
>>
>>81717344
>>81717347
Defeatist attitude and forsaking your hobbies and interests because a handful of borderline imbeciles cannot stop their flamewars sure is the answer to all of lifes problems.
Telling you this without any ill intent, by the way.
>>
>>81717318

No the guy you are talking to, but look for "H. R. Giger art". You fill find the picture you are looking for sooner or later, and in the process, you will find equally more disturbing, deranged paintings by the same author.
Have some patience, it is difficult to remember one particular picture's name out of the top of my head from a painter with literal hundreds of paintings.
>>
>>81702412
don't vampires who have also become fomori become blood worms after some time?
>>
>>81717414
ok, sorry for sperging out about the sauce. Other boards have spoiled me in that aspect
>>
>>81717414
>>
>>81717437
No problem, we all lose our temper sometimes. You should also check >>81717458
as anon provides, Zdzisław Beksiński also made a lot of fucked up imaginery.
Personally I like Giger (who is the reason, by the way, that Xenomorphs have penis heads and Facehuggers are just literal vaginas with dicks coming out of them and into the mouths of unsuspecting victims; as well as the design of the Xenomorph's spaceships and all) because he is overtly sexual, Zdzi Beksi is more of the grotesque Lovecraftian stuff.
You may be interested in both. Both have influenced World of Darkness art since the beggining, not so much Chronicles art.
>>
>>81717563
The art in the back of the Tzimisce clanbook, which is a litera vagina dentata with eyes, is one example, but there are hundreds.
>>
>>81717379
>Defeatist attitude and forsaking your hobbies and interests because a handful of borderline imbeciles cannot stop their flamewars sure is the answer to all of lifes problems.
how is it a defeatist attitude when these imbeciles are the majority on every platform?
>>
>>81717610
platform?
>>
File: Dd4Vh5qUQAA4XHl[1].jpg (293 KB, 1080x803)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
>>81717563
>as well as the design of the Xenomorph's spaceships and all
Technically it's the race of the Space Jockey, another victim of the creatures.
>>
>>81717610
Because we can be better. You can be better. Others will follow the example. There is hope as long as someone tries.
Don't take the black pill, anon. I know there is good in you. Don't let words on a screen shake your convictions.
>>
>>81702166
i would like to run Old Mage campaign, but everyone knows how shit the mechanics are.
I would like to keep it as crunch-light as possible, but i want all the spheres/paradox fluff intact.
What should i do? Are there some GOOD homebrew fixes for shitty oWoD crunch? 1d4chan was very unhelpful. I wont touch GURPS ever.
>>
>>81717676
True, I lazily referenced the the spaceship they are found as the xenomorph spaceship, but yes, the Space Jockeys (fuck the Engineers) made those.
>>
>>81717702
If you are going to run it, write down a few homebrew fixed for the most important issues, pass those to your players, and just play with the amended rules.
If they work they aren't stupid.
>>
>>81717741
>>81717702
Obviously I cannot tell you which rules you should amend because I don't know which rules you find crappy. So just locate the miscreant rules, and write alternatives to be used. Leave the rest as is, as you don't have to either homebrew everything or use horrible systems.
>>
>>81717715
Well, everyone calling the aliens "Xenomorphs" is probably also misreading a line from Aliens as well.

During the briefing, when the LT calls them that, I think the intent was to show he was trying to sound smart about them by using a ten-dollar word.
>>
>>81717702
IDK bro i would just say ''Awakening translation guide'' but odds are you will just that is also shit so yeah, have a good evening
>>
Why are these threads always so consistently awful
>>
>>81717785
The name stuck, mostly because alien can mean literally any alien.
After all, xenomorph is just crude latin for "foreign/alien shape"... which is technically any alien ever.
But like calling werewolves "woofs".
>>
>>81717806
Human nature.
>>
>>81717806
It's a setting that's "like our world, but with monsters" so it gets some people bringing real-world stuff up. Which gets others replying.
>>
>>81717794
no, that's actually very helpful. i think nWoD overall is dope in terms of crunch and i didn't knew this existed. thank you.
>>81717772
thank you also for response. I just dont like patching because i have 2 old-guard players and 1 complete noobie, so i dont want for him to get overwhelmed by crunch.
>>
>>81717850
NP, whatever work bests for your group.
>>
>>81717850
Hey people being polite for once nice
>>
File: Brujah.png (15 KB, 360x360)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
Brujah
>>
>>81718111
ew, smelly vampires
>>
>>81718111
What about them?
>>
File: Keoma Calandrini.jpg (500 KB, 1746x2819)
500 KB
500 KB JPG
>>81718111
Adorable
>>
>>81717806
Dead fandom, the threads weren't nearly this bad a decade ago, and even had OC once upon a time.
>>
>>81718121
>bites u
>>81718163
>punches u
>>
File: 1612006657897.png (155 KB, 298x385)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
>>81718297
Jokes on u im into that shit
>>
>>81718264
The world wasn't nearly this bad a decade ago, I don't see why this General should be any different.
>>
>>81718264
How do we revive the scene anon. I can only run so many games
>>
>>81718111
pls don't hurt me
>>
>>81718715
Burn it all down, Buy the rights once it goes up for sale and then restart it whole sale without 5e
>>
>>81718779
Pill me on why 5e is bad, its the only iteration ive played/know.
>>
Is harder to make a bad character in chronicles of darkness like vampire/werewolf/mage? Because it seems like even if you're not the best, the chances of you making a character that is worthless is hard. Not to mention the fact you get rewarded for failure if you're willing to turn into a dramatic failure.
>>
>>81718378
It was just as bad, you were just too young to notice.
>>
>>81719034
>Because it seems like even if you're not the best, the chances of you making a character that is worthless is hard.
Unless you are going out of your way to be shit you will be a meh charcter at worst
>>
>>81708048
You make some good points, and I really like Shadowrun, but its other elements prevent it from being a general "urban fantasy" game. For textbook urban fantasy, you need a present-day setting with the supernatural mostly covered up.
>>
>>81718845
I personally just don't like how the discplines/clans have shifted from older editions to 5th ontop of the weird lore and touchstones/ect.

I'm not good at actually pilling folks, when it comes to a system I dislike from just reading the rulebook vs the one I play currently.
>>
>>81717702
How the hell is that opinion popular? Before starting playing Mage 20th months ago, I half expected the system to be bad, it seemed everyone and his dog hated it
But now, I've played a full chronicle, currently playing two more, and the system is working very, very well. Everyone undertands it, no worthless discussions with GM, cool characters and cool magick, great at allowing the narrative to pick up and show the game's themes
What exact features do people doesnt like?
>>
>>81719034
The flat XP system means that you can't really create characters with wildly different starting XP values, for instance, like 1E had.
>>
So the Gift of Technology in WtF let's you disable, dismantle and control machines.

This is obviously pretty useful for murdering people via high speed collision, but I'm sure there are other good uses for it.

What are some of them?
>>
>>81720164
Disrupt electronic surveillance. Prevent cell phone use. Disable a gun. Interfere with somebody's online research.
>>
>>81719550
>>81719895

So does that mean making a jack of all trades character actually viable now or it still follows the stand world of darkness rules of just spend all your experience points on magical stuff and specialize to be the best at your chosen profession.
>>
>>81720164
>What are some of them?
Sabotaging security cameras, elevators, computers and hospital equipment .
>>81720205
>So does that mean making a jack of all trades character actually viable now
Yeah for the most part. just keep in mind you will probably nudge the situation to use your various skills. and yes specializing still is the better option for combat because why the hell would you switch between melee weapons and fist or throwing stuff and shooting?
>>
>>81720164
Junkyard into rocket launcher.
>>
>>81720205
If you want to be a jack of all trades with good all-around standard dice pools, you'll get more out of that with a good power to generically boost your die rolls, such as Acanthus magic or Contracts of the Hearth.
>>
Just watched He Never Died, me. It's not good,
not even slightly so, but figured it's a good image of what a sullen vampire would look as their Humanity begins circling the drain: unfocused, asleep at the wheel, only talking enough to end conversations. Only really wakes up to murder. It's like if a shark had Depression.
>>
>>81718715
Goth-inspired fashion is on the rise. Zoomies won't have the patience for the game, but younger Millennials might be inspired to check it out.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.