[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Greetings, Mecha Monday! Here, we dedicate ourselves to mecha RPGs, war games, and board games alike. Here, we start games, tell campaign stories, share resources & assets, and seek advice for our games and homebrew.

Assorted Mecha Goodness:
https://pastebin.com/E2wi55AZ

Please keep Battletech discussion to a minimum for the sake of other Mecha RPGs. It has its own general.

Previous Thread: >>81489127

Thread Question: What's your worse pet peeves about mechs?
>>
I fucked the previous thread, this is the previous thread >>81579894
>>
File: EhyuEYAU0AAOU_C.jpg (556 KB, 2048x1536)
556 KB
556 KB JPG
>>
File: mekton_snowbattle.jpg (382 KB, 1600x900)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
heyyyyyyy Mecha Monday! I'm not late this week. Nice change of pace...

>>81680872 (OP)
>What's your worst pet peeves about mechs?
Masamune Shriow expressed a sentiment I share: he was a little embarrassed by his fascination with weapons of war. I feel a bit guilty about it too. I'm a guy who believes in peace, and I'm personally sorta sickened by IRL pro-war sentiment and support of bloated military spending. However, I do find military equipment, guns, and of course mecha compelling... That dissonance can be frustrating.

From the previous thread:

>>81673322
>Thanks senpai, I appreciate it. If you have thoughts on it feel free to contact me!
I'll be looking over PvP this week, I'll letcha know if I have anything useful to say!

>>81591889
>When is MektonBro going to run more Mekton? The one-shot was fun.
I'd love to run another Mekton session! Been a while. I could do one in a couple of weeks. Who wants in?

I'm also curious if anyone would be interested in playtesting the mecha game I'm creating, though admittedly I'm worried about Donut Steel...
>>
>>
>>81682170
>Masamune Shriow expressed a sentiment I share: he was a little embarrassed by his fascination with weapons of war. I feel a bit guilty about it too. I'm a guy who believes in peace, and I'm personally sorta sickened by IRL pro-war sentiment and support of bloated military spending. However, I do find military equipment, guns, and of course mecha compelling... That dissonance can be frustrating.

I like how (especially in mecha) weapons can empower individuals, especially against war.

But yeah its a good point.
>>
Zeong just arrived, time to build!
>>
>>81685080
>I like how (especially in mecha) weapons can empower individuals, especially against war.

Yes! Good point right there, I like that aspect too. You see a lot of instances of mecha being used to wage war against War itself (admittedly a kinda slippery situation), and of course Protecting Everybody's Smiles. Mecha are often depicted as protectors, and that's appealing for sure. Their innate air of invincibility is so damn captivating!
>>
File: 20210627_161303.jpg (1.42 MB, 3023x3205)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>81676703
Predicted economic and environmental catastrophes occurred at the same time as several nearby potentially habitable planets are discovered. It led to a wild, unregulated space race as diverse groups and individuals tried to escape impending doom and colonize the other planets. One of the experimental FTL drives caused a disaster that badly altered the atmosphere in a way that impairs wireless communication and ruined the electrical grid. The ensuing disasters (nuclear reactor accidents, diseases, famines etc) killed huge amounts of the population.

The game is set a generation after this. The mechs are adopted industrial labour machines that are useful because the man-machine interface makes them very easy to operate effectively. People are at a higher premium than most materials in this setting. Infantry are important because they're survivable, fit into small places, and carry very dangerous man portable weapons, but aren't the primary element of any armed force.

In the default game setup, the players are mercenary captains. They draft their force from a market of units that become available over a series of rounds, then you play the game with whatever you drafted. Players also have contracts from arms developers to test certain equipment for them, and have to ensure the opponent doesn't capture that prototype equipment. This gives each player sub-objectives that also roll very easily into campaign play, as well as letting players modify their units to some degree.

There is a third faction of NPC models that represents a fledgling government that intervenes as games escalate in an attempt to suppress the fighting. The players are effectively proxies between arms manufacturers and technology companies trying to fight under the nose of the government, provoking local conflicts so they have places to test their systems, and so on.
>>
>>81680872
>What's your worse pet peeves about mechs?
When they're just walking tanks in design and function.
Not that I don't like them myself, mind, but they're just..well, tanks with legs!
>>
File: 1631734276759.jpg (46 KB, 564x564)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>81682170
>I'd love to run another Mekton session! Been a while. I could do one in a couple of weeks. Who wants in?
My schedule is in flux at the moment, but I'll keep an eye on the threads until I can say for sure.

Any special plans for the one-shot? The last one was in that Algol setting from the core book, right?
>>
>>81682170
just the guy, I'm looking for. I'm running a mekton game, and one of the suits I'm designing as an enemy is heavily armored to fuck with a fuck you 0 Def. Ability surge shield. I wanted to have thrusters/booster packs on the shield for added MA during a ram, so I got around that by putting a reactive on the same servo I hold my shield binder (expensive but functional). My problem though is Reactive shields fizzle out when they take damage higher than their SP, does that count for ramming?
Also is there a good calculated sheet with a decent layout. I've been using the mecha lab excel spread sheet I found online, but it has some errors and missing features I've had to add.
>>
>>81687256
Kek sounds pretty good.
Also nice python, I love this one.
>>
>>81680872
I want to play battletech, because I like the setting and designs, but I think both BT and alpha strike are garbage. Can anyone recommend me a well designed mech game?
I have no preference on hex-VS-measuring, forces should be 4 to 12 units a side, bonus points if conventional forces are meaningfully implemented.
>>
>>81691879
I heard CAV is nice and has the same aestethic as bt, more or less.
>>
>>81691879
Heavy gear blitz
>>
>>81691905
This. Folks say that CAV is what Alpha Strike should be.
Gamma Wolves also seems like a decent game, you can run tanks and heavy infantry in it.
>>
File: 1633998284209.jpg (1.11 MB, 1920x1080)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>
>>81693844
Which anime is this from?
>>
>>81684450
RIP Dust
>>
File: 1633986921588.webm (2.07 MB, 1280x720)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB WEBM
>>81694824
Kyoukai Senki, new animu.
It has some very cute mechs.
>>
>>81695185
>Kyoukai Senki
Everybody is an Anf.
>>
>>81695358
Anf?
>>
>>81697395
Gundam Zeorymer? What the hell is this?
>>
>>81697395
https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/MSER-04_Anf
>>
File: 1633895806998.jpg (129 KB, 600x800)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>81695358
The brady reminds me more to a Python desu.
And the Bunyip is just a cute.
>>
File: 1633934396720.jpg (888 KB, 2048x1932)
888 KB
888 KB JPG
>>81691947
Never played HG blitz, what are the rules/What is good about it?
>>
File: sellheavygear.png (63 KB, 1827x297)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>81699548
>What is good about it?
There's a qrd in the previous /awg/ that does a good job of describing it
>>
>>81700535
Sounds pretty based not gonna lie, how long is a game? 1-2 hours I imagine.
>>
File: nucoal.jpg (78 KB, 800x534)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>81700863
Correct. It's currently in its 3rd edition and also has a RPG. Miniatures is pretty great too.
>>
>>81697909
Zeorymer may be an abomination but I think SRW take on it somewhat redeemed it.
>>
>>81695358
You say that like it's a bad thing
>>
Kinda want to try running an Eva or Eva-adjacent game, but I really don't know where to even start looking for players. Would anyone here be interested in such a thing?
>>
>>81697909
Just to remind you, Gundams in Gundam Hathaway was designed by same dude that did Zeorymer.
>>
File: 1628313047269.jpg (358 KB, 898x895)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
>>81705739
Here (meaning /tg/, but also more specifically /mechm/) is where I found most of my players. If you don't get enough response in this thread (which may take more posts and some eye-catching art) then consider making a recruitment thread for the purpose.

I assume your real-life friends and existing gaming groups have not shown interest in the idea?
>>
File: mekton_zeta.jpg (234 KB, 600x775)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>81690155
>Any special plans for the one-shot? The last one was in that Algol setting from the core book, right?
No plans yet. Depends on what folks wanna do. But yes, the previous one was an Algol scuffle.

>>81691500
>just the guy, I'm looking for.
Hey hey hey!
>Reactive shields fizzle out when they take damage higher than their SP, does that count for ramming?
Hm. This is a good catch. The rules don't say there's an exception for Rrmming (even though the rules do say that Surge Shields will make the mech "wicked" at ramming). So strictly speaking no; if you hit the target too hard, you'll overload your shield... Which sucks, because then you can't, say, meteor yourself through an enemy ship or something. Hmmmm. You've caught a blind spot in the rules. There should be a special exception for this... The mechanics of that might be tricky, but if I were your Referee I'd allow it.

>Also is there a good calculated sheet with a decent layout
I've never seen one. Sadly.

>>81693844
>>81694824
>>81695185
>>81698059
Kyoukai Senki (whose official title is "AMAIM Warrior at the Borderline", sigh, but should be "Borderlands War Machines") is quite good so far. I like that the mecha got a pass by an actual industrial designer to give them that added level of believability. And man, it is refreshing to see a shonen anime that doesn't start with the MC in school encountering a mysterious girl.

>>81697909
>Gundam Zeorymer?
Fanart. I believe it's from the Kamen Rider/Gundam mashup dojinshi series; all the "Another Riders" use non-Gundam mecha as their base reference.

>>81704546
>Zeorymer
That's a reasonably hot take. Zeorymer is in my top three. Its only flaw is that it's too short, IMO. Thankfully its rights (and others from AIC) have finally been sorted out so a remake may be on the horizon. Hopefully an 8–13+ episode remake.
>>
>>81706304
>but if I were your Referee I'd allow it
I am the referee. I'll allow it. Or perhaps I'll force it to fizzle out for the reset time once the player decides to stop ramming. For every empty hex traveled beyond the first ram, the shield'll lose 1-2 sp to prevent a player saying "I'm still ramming" from illegally keeping it.

>I've never seen one. Sadly.
This is the most unfortunate news. I've just been modifying this sheet that seems to have a lot incorrect.
worldtree.weebly.com/pieces/mekton-zeta-mecha-lab
I also saw one on github that uses ruby/rails which I have no idea how to use.
>>
>>81699548
Also the rules are a free download on their website
>>
>>81680872
TQ: Probably integrated weapon arms.
>>
File: 10815586b3.jpg (144 KB, 1200x1200)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>81706304
>I like that the mecha got a pass by an actual industrial designer to give them that added level of believability.

I think whoever designed the legs deserves praise. Your brain tends to overlook the really wonky slender double knee joint slab from most perspectives.
>>
File: mecha-bunyip.png (431 KB, 1080x742)
431 KB
431 KB PNG
>>81709465
I personally think it would look cooler if there was a slab on both sides of the limbs, but I still like it.
But I appreciate unorthodox mecha, Bunyip Boomerang is one of the best grunt designs in years IMO.
>>
File: FBQK0uAVcAIjoRY.jpg (576 KB, 2040x2048)
576 KB
576 KB JPG
>>81709799
I really like how neat & compact the legs fold down.
>>
>>81711492
You can see how easy to transport those lil buggers would be, like the B1 battledroid. I wonder if they are programed with sub ais with personality too, or are just controled be men in the humvee/hq vehicles.
>>
File: FBk0iGGUUAsjd-T.jpg (209 KB, 1536x2048)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>81711492
Ah yes, the weapon to surpass metal gear.
>>
>>81711663
Is this in the show? Is this a kitbash?
>>
File: FBguTclUcAYmbZm.jpg (168 KB, 2048x1535)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>81712096
Kitbash, the japanese are getting a healthy amount of them in twitter.
>>
>>81712175
I love this, dick gun and all.
>>
File: FBPS-9ZVEAM0Ttz.jpg (341 KB, 1078x1440)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
>>81712190
I think its safe to call it the grunt of the year, at first I didn't like it, but its growing on me.
>>
>>81680872
That to have a setting that works with mecha you need to have other giant stuff for it to work. Like giant robot factory, giant robot enemies, giant robot hangars, giant robot transporters, giant robot mantainance team, giant robot manufacturers when you only want to pilot a giant robot.
>>
File: 009.jpg (266 KB, 1600x1200)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
What's the best "generic" wargame than includes mechs? I don't mean just mech based, but with combined warfare in general.
>>
>>81713126
This is why outside genuine super robots, I'm not into huge mechs. Mobile Suits are way too fucking big to be practical or as cool as they could be. If something can't fight and take cover in the average suburb, you're leaving a lot of interactivity on the table.

>>81714525
Heavy Gear right now for my money. I'm working on my own game that I obviously think is better but it's not finished yet. Heavy Gear is quite good, just a lot of bloated shit in the profiles to sort through.

Also, related to my comment above, the mechs are the ideal size, and even have a good range of potential sizes.
>>
File: 028.jpg (275 KB, 1600x1200)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>81715252
Is Heavy Generic enough? I mean to be able to adapt differente "settings" mechs generic.
>>
>>81715367
The Silhouette system used by Heavy Gear and Jovian chronicles is not bad for adding in custom stuff or addressing different scales. It would just take the usual amount of effort to "import" units based on the vehicle construction rules.

Also, what minis are in that picture? The one in the back right looks like it could be from Battletech, but the foreground units are clearly from something else.
>>
>>81715252
>>81714525
I'd second Heavy Gear. Unlike BT, the system is good to tanks, infantry and choppers.

Or at least it isn't simulating literal land battleships vs non-land battleships.
>>
File: hof147_slide_1000pix.jpg (245 KB, 1000x804)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
>>81715973
Man I don't know, its from an old blog and I liked how it looked.
Seems HG has some fans in here too., hows the RPG branch doing? I know they are testing a new edition but DP9 have a long list of failures.
>>
File: 20210227_194141.jpg (3.45 MB, 4032x3024)
3.45 MB
3.45 MB JPG
>>81715367
It's easy enough to ignore the names on things or homebrew your own units for it, so yes, I'd say it's generic enough to work for just about anything. It also has very few rules that feel especially tailored to the HG universe. That's not a negative, it's just a solid, grounded-feeling game. Horizon Wars, for example, is ultra-generic, but also boring and not worth learning to play in my view. HG can be fussy but offers a great deal to players willing to learn it's systems and it's not even that complex (I'd say it's much easier to play than, say, Infinity).

Also, the plastic miniature boxes are absolutely top notch stuff for the price. The kits are simple in terms of detail but that's a positive in my view as they paint up well and aren't covered in bullshit like many metal models are. The plastic is easy to modify so you can weather or modify them as much as you want.

Picrel is one of my HG miniatures that I've magnetized so it's very adaptable. I love them.
>>
>>81715367
>Also, what minis are in that picture?

The one in the middle is a Wanzer from Front Mission, heavily modified (standing on a Colonial Marines APC). The one with the green cockpit face and shark grin is a modded Battlemech I believe. I don't recognize the sand-colored, bolbous one though.
>>
File: Into the Storm.jpg (100 KB, 1349x608)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
ARROWHEAD SQUADRON
[Session 12]

The sky ahead of the Wolf is filled with a massive storm. Clara can't turn or the patched-together ship will shake apart, and she can't slow down for fear of rebel torpedoes. Solomon and Tex's engineering skills will be necessary, and Chris' Catasetum is not rigged for atmospheric flight, so Enver takes the Pillar of Wisdom and uses its recently-installed flight system to sortie out on a solo rescue mission. Aboard the Rebel carrier, Khasar slays the bridge crew with a single sweep of his blade, and takes the captain's head as a possible "key". But the dead woman has activated a self-destruct mechanism, and Khasar must dive for the elevator shaft moments before the entire bridge is destroyed. Enver struggles to fly through the buffeting winds and pounding rain, while Khasar swiftly navigates past security teams and sealed bulkheads to escape the rebel ship before it crashes. Eventually, the two pilots meet up on the hangar deck of the Rebel vessel, as escape pods jettison into the sea.

Meanwhile, Chris takes the Wolf's helm, with Clara serving as co-pilot. He has never flown such a large vessel before, but prior to this emergency, neither had Clara! Solomon and Tex try to keep the Wolf functional and relatively whole as the storm winds batter it. They squeeze out just enough power for the sensors to pick up a faint signature that Clara has detected deeper in, a cluster of islands that could be used as a landing zone. Suddenly Solomon calls out with an emergency. Part of the reactor room is warping under the incredible structural stress, and the nobleman is having to brace two struts by himself. Tex uses his mobility systems to jet down the ship's corridors, then launches himself upwards to latch onto the struts with his legs and arms, holding the structure together just long enough for Solomon to rig a better brace.
>>
File: Pillar_Of_Wisdom_2.png (37 KB, 250x250)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>81720687 (Arrowhead, cont'd)

Aboard the rebel ship, Enver and Khasar consider their options for returning to the Wolf. The storm has gotten worse, and they see if they can seize an aircraft or something else that could help. But the rebel deck crew, rather than evacuate, has been frantically getting a new mech up and running. This black apparition chases them out into the storm, not so much flying as levitating ominously after the mercenaries. It moves with shocking speed, and when Enver plays his sensors over the strange chassis, the results come back garbled. Khasar can't fight effectively in mid-air, and Enver is hampered by Solomon's customized control interface for the Pillar of Wisdom. Unable to fight, they dive down into the water to evade the shadowy mech, and take a more leisurely route to catch back up to the Wolf.

The winds howl through holes in the Wolf's superstructure. A break occurs in the storm, and Chris can see an archipelago of tiny islands. He grips the controls tightly, and lowers the stricken pocket carrier to try and use the wave-tops as part of his braking maneuvers. The crash-landing is brutal, each impact tossing unsecured objects about. Unfortunately, one such object is Solomon himself, as his safety tether snaps from the strain. Tex can only watch his friend tumble, before the final impact sends the cowboy flying as well. When Tex comes to, he finds Solomon unconscious, with major head trauma. Chris and Clara climb down to render aid. Although the helmsmen were successful in setting the ship down upon an island, they can see the Wolf will never leave it. Enver and Khasar arrive, and the squadron salvages what they can. An armored personnel carrier is refitted for aquatic use, loaded with supplies and the incapacitated Solomon, and given to Clara to drive. The Printer must be scuttled to prevent it falling into Rebel hands, but first Enver needs a new chassis. There will be no replacements for some time...
>>
File: 1595350543948.jpg (58 KB, 600x553)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>81719788
Your identification is appreciated! Every so often, I consider getting into miniature gaming, as opposed to just using standees and tokens and the still-unpainted Battletech minis that I've had forever. But I like to keep my money, and I'm bad at painting. So I'll just have to admire other people's work.
>>
File: Enp1oBDUcAAox-L.jpg (223 KB, 1440x1920)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>81722319
I see I'm not the only one, I love to watch kitbashes and cool painted minis, but I don't have the skill or the extra money for them... Trying to draw but I'm very bad at artistic stuff.
>>
>>81723058
i share your pain broder
liking mecha and tanks is extra painful because they are extra hard to model bash and draw
>>
>>81723070
Depending on the models, you could still improvise.
>>
>>81723070
>because they are extra hard to model bash and draw

Ring of Red features nothing but tank upper structures being wedded to hips and legs.
>>
>>81714525
Horizon Wars does a lot of that.
>>
File: 1633348113096.jpg (455 KB, 1074x1000)
455 KB
455 KB JPG
So I was thinking in how to add some kind of "fog of war" for modern tech, to blind it. And the best I could think is the colonies world where the kaiju live produces lots of spores than makes all of that difficult.
>>
>>81728267
Or it just has more intense weather than Earth. Ordinary rain can cut the effective range of thermal cameras to less than a hundred meters.
>>
>>81728462
Noice, as I don't even know a lot about modern sensors, that stuff gives me ideas.
>>
>>81725074
ring of red is fun to ref because of the "obscure factor" but the designs are iffy at best
i say this as a person who has purchased the physical game both at launch and a decade later
>>
>>81728267
could always just pull a Gundam and make up a Minovsky Particles equivalent
>>
I've been poking at the idea of doing a proper custom designed boss using retrograde for the lancer game I'm running, and noticed there's an option for "export all parts and colours" in the patreon locked levels- is that something someone's ripped at all, as it seems like a lifesaver for making customs
>>
File: Dust_Tactics_Miniature.jpg (242 KB, 800x770)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>81729211
I was thinking in the spores to be the minovsky particles equivalents, or some Psychic stuff from the kaijus, or something than mix both, but dun't know how much retarded it sounds outside my head.
>>
File: bunyip.png (416 KB, 1041x432)
416 KB
416 KB PNG
>>81693844
>>81695185
>>81698059
>>81706304
>>81709465
>>81709799
>>81711492
>>81711527
>>81712255
clean art of the bunyip I did to use them as drone tokens for games
>>
>>81701458
Are those yours?
Cute

Want to start blitzing, but got two other projects I need to finish first. Otherwise I'll never get my desk empty
>>
>>81687256
Nice paintjob
Cute moldlines
>>
>>81728762
The issue of that game is that the first two mechs you see are kinda shit with very little character in design and animation. The designers and animators apparently only started to actually care from the Type 3 onwards.
>>
>>81716092
>Unlike BT, the system is good to tanks, infantry and choppers
I have a weird love-hate relationship with BT, on one side I love it's pseudo historical simulation wargame side with giant robots
On the other hand it is an autistic cluster fuck of tables and math with ugly ass giant robots

I honestly think that my buddy, who defends their general design must have done sort of brain damage/been gaslighted into it
>>
>>81728462
Rain
Fog
The Advancing Wallfire of California
Snow
Smog
Locust Swarm

What other "weather" could make various forms of detection/communication more difficult?
>>
>>81729828
I think I read once that a tidally locked planet could have metal snow at the boundary between the hot and cold sides, if the difference in surface temperature was extreme enough.
>>
>>81729933
Metal storms sounds pretty badas.
>>
>>81729828
You're forgetting about artificial weather. Cloud seeding exists, so a light rain can turn torrential if desired.

The rest are just theories right now, but imagine.
>>
>>81729535
Meh, it's BT. Nobody will raise a stink if you use the art you enjoy.
>>
can I post storytimes of my sessions here?
>>
>>81730268
Minis still ugly, yo!
>>
>>81730415
The new ones and the Videya-derived ones are pretty decent. There are also other variants around online.
>>
>>81730293
We encourage storytimes, specially for your own sistems or lesser known ones. Not so long ago we had an amzing one for beam saber for example.
>>
>>81720747
>>81720687
You need to get a pastabing with the other posts or something, starting to read a battle report at the 12 campaign in media res is pretty rough.
>Also using Star Sector art.
That's some patrician art, love that game.
>>
>>81729933
>>81730029

Yup! Wild. It's a gas giant though...

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/258071-hubble-discovers-exoplanet-metallic-snow
>>
>>81730966
>specially for your own sistems or lesser known ones
oh hell yeah thats really cool, I made a system loosely engineered from 5e and a custom setting and I'm GMing this campaign and I will love to post some stories here
>>
>>81731308
What's the setting like? another thing we love is to talk about our own settings, even when no one coments. Or to ask for ideas. What kind of mechs are you using? magitech?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.75 MB, 1779x2497)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
>>81731332
its a post apocalyptic setting inspired by Solatorobo/Little Tail Bronx and Guilty Gear

The mechs are agile but ground-based and are moved by magic-assisted telekinetics using mostly melee-based weaponry to fight monsters

the system is mostly meant to allow for fast paced anime bullshit risky moves by the players with a g-force mechanic
>>
>>81731406
note, art isnt OC for the campaign or setting
>>
>>81731406
Soudnds pretty cool, I don't know any of the two franchises a lot tough.
Using 5d for hte animu stuff worked then?
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (4.17 MB, 1919x1079)
4.17 MB
4.17 MB PNG
>>81731486
I actually mostly stripped 5e of a lot of its medieval fantasy related stuff, I dont know what my system is more akin to right now. I just used 5e because everyone playing is used to it and plays on roll20 and no one wanted to learn a dedicated system so I just removed classes and a lot of core systems to become a modular system for both pilot sheets and mecha sheets

Guilty Gear is that fighting game franchise with the cool metal artstyle and music, with a weird ass world thats kinda modern and urban but mixed with magical and medieval themes and concepts. Its really cool and weird

Solatorobo/Little Tail Bronx is a setting/franchise from the guys who make a lot of anime games like naruto storm and dragon ball BT3 about furries with mechs and airships living in sky islands in a somewhat steampunk/skypunk setting

I basically mixed both of them into an unholy abomination AND turned it into a post-apocalyptic setting. Its very fun.
>>
>>81731542
Sounds fun, tough the furry part never would case to be a red flag for me. But I love Sky islands and the dieselt tech era, so its all good.
>>
File: 1656453145631.jpg (148 KB, 1260x1050)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>81731542
a mecha game set in the guilty gear setting sounds rad as hell but that's where you lost me

I hate 5e and baseline guilty gear is post-apocalyptic enough for me
>>
>>81732400
honestly at this point the system is so detached from 5e's mechanics the only things its keeping is the skills and the d20
>>
>>81732400
yeah i am so tired of that staid ass combat and weak support structure
guiltygear would need a real cruchy system, as would mecha, to nail
>>
>>81732472
there are 666 spells in existence with 6 being forbidden so that's a lot of stuff to try and work out but damn if it wouldn't be fun
>>
>>81732472
I've seen a system to replicate the Fighting Game aspect of Guilty Gear, but the "mech" aspect is . . odd.
>>
>>81733365
>I've seen a system to replicate the Fighting Game aspect of Guilty Gear

Go on...
>>
>>81729828
>Space weather. Solar flares can interfere with sensors and telecomms on Earth
>Ash and particulates from a volcano, geothermal vent, or recent space impact
>Strong electromagnetic fields, perhaps as part of a power-intensive device like a shield emitter, mass driver platform, etc.
>>
>>81732472
Fight! rpg?
>>
>>81714525
Horizon Wars if you want to teach the game, stat two forces and play a game under an hour, Hardwar if you want to hve more complexity.
>>
File: john-bell-gk-art006.jpg (256 KB, 990x744)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
Alright, a few questions for the thread as this Saturday I'm going over a few Mecha games and I'm slowly forming the "What to Say" but I want the best /m/echanics to give their opinion.

Have any of your played, and if you have, what's your opinion on:

>Bliss Stage
>Chromestrike
>Full Metal President
>Giant Exploding Robots
>My Mecha Has Shark Arms
>Payload
>Remanents
>Gear Krieg 2e

If you have any behind the scene stuff as well, feel free to tell me before I go deep diving. I do know Payload-Anon was in here quite a bit, and I think Remnants was talked about here a bit.

>>81734004
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TbQrlR6FUflq5RAyVpMTIaBQVQGpe9qYwIIhK5SaP0c/edit?usp=sharing

I'd go for Hong Kong Action Theatre or Wire Fu for the power levels for styles, but depending on what era of GG you could go higher. Make sure to add in the Anime Sword Rule as well as be INCREDIBLY liberal with how things look at feel. I built this damn thing for Tekken, but people demanded Guilty Gear on top of it.
Though I should just roll up my sleeves and just make a GG game from scratch, nailing it is a right bitch.
>>
File: neolibyans-surge-tank.jpg (1.06 MB, 4000x2250)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
Not sure how appropriate for this thread this is, but does anyone have any good games that allow for the use of Landships and comparable large, multipurpose vehicles by players, Deserts of Kharak-style?

Alternatively, does anyone have some good inspirational material, like games, books, and the like, that get into the idea of mobile bases and large ground vehicles, that might help me homebrew something together?

I've been enamored with the idea for a long time, but I've yet to find anything that does it justice. So any pointers would be appreciated.
>>
>>81735743
I helped playtest Chromestrike in its earliest days and was part of a test campaign in it - if you read inside the book about the sample campaign featuring the "Grinning Eastwoods," that was us. I played an ex-salaryman who used to work for one of the setting's big corps, who stole a factory-stock mech from the lot after he was fired. I even have the logs of the test.

I kinda liked it for what it was. It specifically aimed for "lightweight Armored Core," and it seemed to get its point across.
>>
File: E_FRYdhVIAciKgg.jpg (690 KB, 2048x1536)
690 KB
690 KB JPG
>>81735920
About Landships my first (and best) introduction was Xabungle. Heavy Gear has Landships too, it even had a game about them, but it never was very popular (and that saying than HG was never that popular). They were very important in the two games (than I never got running in my pc) and had a campaign book about them and the battalion of gears in each of them, for soutn/norf.
>>
What are some fun Electronic warfare mechanics than you guys now? Also anyone knows a good article than talks about that?
>>
>>81735920
Look for the Heavy Gear campaign supplement, "The New Breed". It follows two landships on opposite sides of a conflict, as well as the mecha, vehicle, and infantry crews those landships are carrying.
>>
File: cYck4Ed.jpg (316 KB, 2816x2112)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
>>81736721
sauce on the big planes?

>>81739032
For Palmo vs Plamo Iade the electronic warfare narratively generic, but mechanically, it focused around target locks and altering initiative (which is extremely important). Those two things can suggest a wide range of activity (blurring sensors to drop initiative, dropping target locks with ghost targets, etc.), and it all worked without adding a new layer to the game like a lot of other systems do. They also interact with the mystery state units enter the game in heavily, to represent spotting and surveillance, and then on the flip side electronic camouflage and signals masking.

HG also probably has the best electronic warfare rules going right now for larger battlefield-scale stuff. Infinity kinda has some interesting ideas, but then it's very zoomed-in, and really got stripped back in the latest edition.
>>
>>81740661
Your approach does sound quite elegant. Do guided weapons like missiles require a solid target lock, for example?
>>
>>81742358
In PvP missiles are kinda their own thing, they actually move around on the board, track targets, and can be shot down. Guided missiles do need a target lock or they start flying straight. Generically, any unit with a target lock on another can re-roll attacks against it (this is very powerful so some measure of ECM is wise to have on a team). Everything else is an extra ability (for example, target locks on missiles scrambling them or target locking onto drones to hack and steal control of them).

By adding a bunch of conditions and modifiers to the target lock state it abstracts the electronic warfare in a meaningful way that's also immediately understandable.
>>
>>81742489
Sounds pretty well tought lad.
>>81740661
Kitbash or 3d Printed from the HeavyGear japanese dude.
>>
>>81740561
Isn't that book basically an adaption of the first Heavy Gear PC campaign?
>>
>>81742664
Thanks on both accounts. I always shill PvP with the half-off code for my /mechm/ family. It has free intro rules as well.
>https://www.wargamevault.com/browse.php?discount=9f90588362

Something else you might want to look at for EW rules is modern aircraft and fleet combat games, since they're extremely EW-dense environments in the modern context. Missile Threat uses some very basic rules in that regard but they cover a lot of ground without being overly complex. The last modern warfare game I played about boats fighting, I honestly can't remember the name, but it was 90% about radar signals and aircraft management.
>>
>>81745299
So fighters and boats eh? I don't even know where to start with that...
>>
>>81735743
>>Bliss Stage
Don't play/10
Just play Adeptus Evangelion instead.
>>
What minis would you guys use for a game of Mekton Zeta?
>>
>>81748662
Mekton? Hmm as its a generic sistem, it doesn't have a "one", but perhaps the Jovian chronicles ones, or some gundam smol scale.
>>
File: DaZ9MFiUMAIyUlz.jpg (64 KB, 640x480)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
Another landship pic, I think again from the heavy gear japanese dude. I think he single handely has done more to maintain the franchise semi alive than its own owner.
>>
File: Badlands.png (1.48 MB, 824x1210)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
And that's one of my prefered HG pics, as it encapsuletes a lot of what I love about it.
>>
>>81750184
Got any source? Reverse Image Search doesn't bring anything up.
>>
>>81750217
Cool
>>
>>81748662
That 100% depends on your setting.
>>
>>81750374
I think I got it some years ago from the japanese dude heavy gear website.
https://minmini.club/2020/03/02/パンサー(ノース軍ステルスギア)/
If you like to ogle mechs as much as I do, his twitter has lots of stuff too.
>>
File: DiPHJmjU8AALKdx.jpg (1.82 MB, 4096x3072)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
>>81750655
If not this one, this one would have it.
https://minmini.club/author/uncle_heavy_gear/
The japs have some of the best tables for heavy gear.
>>
File: C3T61JBUYAI1z1O.jpg (631 KB, 2048x1536)
631 KB
631 KB JPG
>Big boys back in town.
>>
File: FAaWagQVgAARLbp.jpg (185 KB, 1059x709)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
Oh and for the landship guy, I think Uncle heavy gear actually made it for 3d printing.
>>
>>81750655
I'm honestly amazed anyone in Japan has played Heavy Gear at all, the minis are literally impossible to get without paying insane shipping fees to import.
>>
File: C1A1Y8pUsAEsEjV.jpg (235 KB, 656x960)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
>>81750797
He does a lot of 3d modeling for his mechs too, but yeah he has expend a lot of money for his armies.
I think Uncle Heavy Gear had a video showing his line and had nealy everything, apart of his scratch builds massive landships and modified gears.
>>
File: DnoG1BKU0AEXaU9 (1).jpg (1.36 MB, 3648x2736)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
Some of his conversions.
Like, his autism is just beyond common understanding.
If you know battletech, I think he is NEA equivalent.
>>
File: E_FhSXUUcAEaaeU.jpg (559 KB, 1920x1080)
559 KB
559 KB JPG
>>81750871
Like, just look at those battlefields. I'm in awe at this lad.
>>
>>81731219
Am I allowed to add energy absorption to command armor
>>
Does anybody have the PDF for No Room For A Wallflower? It's the premade Lancer campaign. If not, do you know where I can find it?
>>
>>81751850
First.
>Lancer.
Second, the pdf share thread.
>>
>>81751987
Lancer is a fine game, and a few people being assholes about it doesn't change that.
>>
File: EztlvnWVoAAutwp.png (4 KB, 176x120)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>81751850
Have you looked at the OP, and the Pastebin within?
>>
>>81752306
I missed that. I'll check it out.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.