[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: abyssal persecutor.jpg (217 KB, 672x936)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
Previous: >>81305935

>OFFICIAL Commander website, where you can learn the rules, see the current banlist, and read the format philosophy, laid down by the rules committee:
https://mtgcommander.net/

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen color identity.
http://mtglands.com/

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>CARD SEARCH
https://scryfall.com

>Proxy a deck or a cube for cheap
https://pastebin.com/7tJFXidj

>how to proxy using any printer
https://mtgprint.cardtrader.com/

>Thread Question:
Take one card off of the banlist and put one card on the ban list. Explain your reasoning
>>
>unbanned - Golos
>banned - Golos
I'd do this weekly just to fuck with the losers. Clinging to false hope only makes it sweeter.
>>
>>81311119
Primetime
Just let me have “fun”

Mana Crypt
It’s the problem
>>
>>81311119
hullbreacher, because I pulled 2 of them
and idk probably some simic commander because I’m sick of it
>>
>>81311119
>tq
Balance comes off, Urza goes on.
>reasoning
Balance is not a gamebreaker. On the other cards I wouldn't care about being removed I'd put Coalition Victory as well.
Urza being banned would just be delicious to watch the tears. Legit no other reason.
>>
>TQ
unban sundering
obvious ban - thoracle
preference ban - cyclonic rift
>>
>TQ
free my nigga Balance, kill Thoracle
>>
File: hits pipe.jpg (32 KB, 474x647)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>81310770
The thing that many people don't understand about EDH, the mistake you are making right now, is you think EDH is Magic.
EDH is not Magic and it's not even really a game. Magic, as fucked as it is, is still a game. The objective is primarily still a 1v1 duel, which you want to win. EDH is not this. EDH is more like D&D. Only with D&D and other RPGs there is a lot of work involved. You need a DM. You need to spend time thinking up your character. You need to crunch numbers at every level. You need to have this story weaved for you, and to navigate it.
EDH is a bastardized combination of Magic and D&D, for people too weak to play both. Just think about it rationally. You don't need a GM. You don't need a setting. You don't need storytelling. You don't need math. You "make a character" that expresses yourself by making an EDH deck. You are not actually playing against 3 other people, you just talk with them for a couple hours. Nobody loses. When someone wins the game "hey man good game that was fun haha it's a 4 player game there's no real losing anything can happen haha." You can always just cope like that. There are no real stakes so no feelings can get hurt by anything happening within the game or dependent on player skill. Just social BS.
You get to "play Magic" without the risk of any actual competition.
You get to "play D&D" without any of the work of worldbuilding or investment.
EDH is for the Critical Role crowd. People who are too stupid and soft to get into anything for real, and just want to latch onto an interest to fill a void in their own personal characters, because they are shallow egotists.
>>
>>81311162
Mana Crypt is a midwit ban that does fuckall. It's a good colorless Mana rock, and if you throw one in every deck you'll see that it doesn't have as much pop as everyone assumes on the read. I'd say the same for Lotus, as it's just adding some speed in the format but the price of Lotus is what keeps it down. The moxen are the only rocks with a reason to be banned in EDH.
>>
>>81311210
lotus as in which lotus
>>
>>81311205
Stay mad loser.
>>
>>81311210
none of the manarocks deserve a banning you casual.
>>
>>81311220
Which Lotus is currently banned in commander?
>>
>>81311205
>You are not actually playing against 3 other people, you just talk with them for a couple hours. Nobody loses. When someone wins the game "hey man good game that was fun haha it's a 4 player game there's no real losing anything can happen haha."
literal larp, EDH is a 1v3 format
>>
>>81311119
>Take one card off of the banlist and put one card on the ban list. Explain your reasoning
Unban: Griselbr&
Ban: basic island
Not enough necro happening in the format, too much counterspells and people drawing without paying life for it
>>
>>81311260
>I have a retarded take
The original 5 moxen provide an overwhelming advantage to 5 color decks in fixing and fast mana. They also provide a benefit for hitting metalcraft and other options, and the acceleration benefit on 3-5 color decks pushes mono and dual colors out.
>>
>>81311280
Necro just isn't as good in edh as other places because of the 4 player nature.
>>
>want to play gishath
>it's just unga bunga free dinos IF he resolves and attacks
>meawhile my opponent can just combo off turn 4-6 and win
>tfw didn't even had the mana to play the big dino

Well, if you are going to play edh you should just play combo, my bad
>>
>>81311119
>TQ
Ban:
Thassa's Oracle
Unban:
Sundering Titan
Having the "win the game" trigger on an ebt trigger is fucking awful and difficult to interact with.
Unban Sundering Titan cuz I wanna, and I don't think there's enough copies of Tolarian Academy to allow for an unban without the price going to the moon
>>
>>81311301
Then it's fine to unban Griseldaddy because he's just a necro that can be plowed.
>>
>>81311299
This applies to all manarocks or 0 mana artifacts retard.
Stop trying to evaluate cards like a competitive chump and then discussing banning things because you personally can't compete if its legal.
>>81311315
Sounds fair to me. Nothing should be banned.
>>
>>81311315
>he never ran up against griselbrand in the wild
Know how I know you just started up a month ago?
>>
>>81311311
Find a group that aren't retarded tryhards.
>>81311331
>in the wild
If you play at an LGS against randoms you're opinion is invalidated.
>>
Unban flash because they shouldn't cater to cedh
Ban all 5c Commanders that don't have wubrg in their cost if their stance is a wubrg deck without a wubrg commander is too much
>>
>>81311325
No, it doesn't. I'm sorry you're too retarded to understand the situation, but 0 Mana rocks playable in all decks? Includes, but everyone can run them. 0 Mana rocks that you can only play in your identity? Different story.
>>
File: 1631672893174.jpg (1.26 MB, 745x1040)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
Are we still enjoying the ban?
>>
First time bulding tribal (R/G Werewolves) what are some must have non-creature cards? Would like for them to be around $20 a card.
>>
Any good guides or tips on voltron style decks? Never built one, but I want to give it a try.
>>
>>81311311
>Runs dinos against combo and loses
>believes the problem is combo and not trash deckbuilding
Have you tried to git gud scrub?
>>
>>81311331
Wild? I've been playing since SOI, so a new friend to some boomers, but Grisel's been banned since before then.
>>
>golosfag of the group is on his 5th attempt to weasel his commander back into the game
>now he's asking if he can play it if he starts at 20 life
>we're still telling him no
>he starts individually texting the group trying to divide and conquer
>we're screenshotting it and pasting it into the group chat
>he's now venting on social media like a woman about turncoat friends
>>
File: tenacious dead.jpg (195 KB, 672x936)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
Golos is not "jank" or a "janklord". He is an extremely strong 5c commander that tutors lands to the field on ETB and is a wincon in himself.

I wonder how many "muh spirit of the format" players that cry about tutors are also crying over "noooo muh Maze's End deck"
>>
Golos is simply a better choice of leader for all but the most commander-centric decks
If you ignore anything stronger than craw wurm meta
>>
>>81311311
Play gishath in "low power" games and drink the tears from hard casting tarrasque on turn 10.
>>
>>81311382
>equipment and auras
>prioritize protection
wa la
>>
>>81311370
LMFAO
First of all don't. Second of all, if you absolutely must, use RWG and pile in permission and tax effects so you can actually maybe get your flip to trigger at least once.
>>
>>81311387
>makes greentext
>you know its lies because he acts like he has friends
Come on now, show the screenshots or gtfo.
>>
>Twitter: meltdown
>Reddit: even more of a nuclear zone
>/edhg/
>>
>>81311210
I don’t mind Mana Crypt. But like every broken thing that creates feel bad moments starts with a Mana Crypt
>>
File: snap.jpg (37 KB, 500x216)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>Never even seen a Golos deck because my friends aren't absolute smegheads
Feels good
>>
>>81311370
Blood Moon and Ruination
>>
>>81311408
Figured as much, but it works for me.

Another question: if you flicker a mutated pile, the mutate effects don't all trigger again when it ETBs, correct?
>>
>>81311418
Because /edhg/ is retarded. This is one of those blind squirrel/broken clock moments where, for a glorious time the stars align and the shiteating schizos of this general are right.
>>
File: single combat.jpg (146 KB, 672x936)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>81311382
A good Voltron deck is very similar to a control deck. You just have a wincon that doesn't make players seethe. Lots of wipes, lots of interaction and redundancy
>>
>>81311418
we need to update the /edh/bunker meme
>>81311443
The whole pile comes back down as separate creatures. Any etbs will hit but they aren't mutated anymore and most triggers are when they mutate triggers.
>>
>>
>>81311412
>starts saltposting the moment someone mentions their friends
You're pathetic. You the guy that got told you don't matter because you play with randoms?
>>
>>81311459
>playing wipes instead of going so tall every attack phase is its own wipe plus damage
wew lad
>>
>>81311480
>continues to act like he's not lying like a faggot
Screenshots or gtfo anon.
>>
>>81311443
If you flicker a mutate pile, each component comes back as a separate creature.
>>
>>81311462
>The whole pile comes back down as separate creatures
That's very interesting. Emergency go wide. Been trying to come up with ways to abuse mutate which is just a worse equip/ enchant outside of returning the pile to hand and mutating again, but this may be an okish trick. Mutate is such a weird and stupid/ bad mechanic for the reasons you mentioned, but I do like that.

>>81311459
Noted. I've only played against one tron deck years ago, Zur, and the bullshit he did was inspired.
>>
>>81311382
Here's my 5 cents:
>Pick a commander who either has some form of evasion, is easy to cast, has double strike or haste, low cost, or some combination of those.
>Equipments are usually prefered over auras, since those stick around to be reused even if the commander gets removed (unless the commander itself synergises well with auras).
>Run some cheap creatures who can also swing in a pinch and will protect your main strat (I'm partial to hatebears personally), run counter magic or stuff like Blacksmith's Skill.
>>
>>81311503
Oh you're that autistic anon from yesterday that got bullied for demanding things like a retard. What a fucking sped.
>>
>>81311429
Mana Crypt is only marginally better than a Sol Ring, unless it’s in your opening hand it barely impacts the game.
>>
>>81311525
Screenshots
Or
Get
The
Fuck
Out
Anon.
>>
>>81311518
You can't really abuse mutate well outside that one meme card that doesn't even work well. As a mechanic it was designed to not be abusable, like most nuwotc keywords.
>>
File: 6049.jpg (29 KB, 223x310)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>81311119
off the list - Limited resources
on the ban list - Kenrith
Fuck lands, and fuck 5 colour decks
>>
>>81311557
This. Dashing, plus mutating a creature is about as good as you'll get and you're going to need a mana engine to really take advantage.
>>
File: Composure.png (223 KB, 500x472)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>81311555
Your coming across real weak looking right now femanon. Clog that hole up and center yourself.
>>
>>81311580
It's alright friendless. You're welcome here, just sad you have to lie and be a bitch about it.
>>
>>81311555
"no"
>>
>>81311557
very true pic related is the only half decent mutate in edh since its either a 2cmc curiosity or a t4 bop for card draw
>>
>>81311592
Seems like it's time to get the fuck out then. Have a good day outside, perhaps a return to your home turf of Reddit?
>>
>>81311370
This is bait.
>>
>>81311590
Does someone talking about their play group really tilt you this hard? Get a grip anon.
>>
>>81311599
Some of the legendaries are ok with the bounce trick, but yeah octopus is the least shit mutate thing they've printed in general. Should have had more creatures like that.
>>
File: EDH ruins magic.png (32 KB, 593x506)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
Where were you when EDH ruined Magic?
>>
>>81311615
>guys, this definitely happened, and i dont try to lie to fit in because i have no one to talk to outside of my schizophrenic shitposting on a general on a malaysian merkin making fanpage
>>
>anon says something
>back and forth war of gaslighting each other immediatetly follows
>>
>>81311599
All the useful mutates are just evergreen type effects the color already has wide access to. I guess more options are always nice but the mechanic itself is unwieldy.
>>
>>81311632
Is that up to date with werewolves?
>>
>>81311518
>Been trying to come up with ways to abuse mutate which is just a worse equip/ enchant outside of returning the pile to hand and mutating again,
You seem to have critically missed the dumbest and most abusable part of mutate: it happens in Layer 1a, so clones of a mutate pile will have all the abilities and stats of the full pile as it exists at the time of copying. (With the exception that anything that uses an X value equal to the number of times the permanent has mutated will be back at zero.)
So, if you clone a mutate pile, then bounce the original to hand, you can then re-mutate all the components onto the clone to get double your triggers. Or you can Progenitor Mimic a mutate pile, then mutate additional cards on top of the token copies generated by the upkeep trigger. Since token-ness is determined by the top card of a mutate pile, this means your Progenitor Mimic copies will themselves now create additional tokens. And let’s not forget Essence of the Wild.
>>
>>81311640
Why are you so obsessed with it not happening? Its a really weird cope that can only come from being a friendless incel.
>>81311644
Does this dude do this often? Whats going on? He seems unhinged even for 4chon.
>>
>>81311632
they really need to slow the fuck down with commandershit Im getting fatigued just seeing them being posted here by newfags on how to build them
>>
>>81311676
The only real gripe I'm having is the trend of printing a new legend that is just a balanced, non-abusable version of a legend that is already run and known.
No one plays that shit but they keep printing it.
>>
>>81311670
I mean its pretty obvious you made up a greentext for (you)s and are gaslighting as a defense mechanism
>>
>>81311669
THAT'S the kind of tech I was looking and hoping for, beautiful.
>>
Banning Mana Crypt would give more power to the player that started with a Sol Ring. I figure as long as we have both, there's better odds that multiple players will start with at least one of them so the game doesn't immediately become 3v1.
>>
>>81311712
all ramp should be banned and you should have to get mana by playing 1 land a turn
>>
>>81311670
I'm sorry, we all know you're bullshitting. Maybe sit back, relax, accept the l and lurk more. This shit is embarrassing.
>>
File: foretell.jpg (199 KB, 919x1280)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
What are your opinions on Foretell? Would you like to see it in future (get it?) sets or should it be left in the dust as a one-off mechanic?
>>
>>81311705
>>81311733
Stop samefagging you clown. You gonna start calling your posts based next?
>>
>>81311735
never used any fortell cards in edh just in standard/historic but there is always came across as a gamble that would 50/50 fuck you over or be a cheaper version of some effect
>>
>>81311735
Its morph for non-creatures. Boring and pushed at the same time.
>>
>>81311119
> TQ
Unban sundering or limited resources. With the abundance of gr*en in the format someone needs to keep them down, and that someone will be running land destruction.
Ban oracle. It's the biggest and most degenerate labman effect in the whole game and it's a miracle it's still not banned.
>>
File: Dumbmotherfuckerproof.jpg (147 KB, 1080x350)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>81311747
Sounding a bit schizophrenic and defensive there champ.
>>
>>81311735
It effectively game magic trap cards. I kind of love it andthink it's one of the best mechanics they've done in a while. I also really like disturb.
>>
New squirrels when?
>>
>>81311747
would post screencap but you would just claim muh inspect element just like every other retard that copes with samefag claims
>>
>>81311780
>2023
>Squirrels Over Innistrad released
>Tanukis of Kamigawa gives us the first five color squirrelmander
>Domacornia is on the horizon
At least it's not slivers again.
>>
is there any reason this card says spell and not instant and sorcery? is there any non-instant or sorcery this would effect since only those cards normally deal damage while they are spells on the stack?
>>
>>81311735
I like it. Only problem is I feel obligated to run multiple because if I only run one or two everyone will know what card is being foretold after a game or two. I've caught people off guard with warhorn blast before. Very fun.
>>
>>81311804
Nah squirrels have only been green and black. The white one was merely a meme
>>
>>81311735
I don't like any mechanic that affects the game state without being shown. Morph is a much bigger offender of this. The fact that the cards need to be revealed after the game to make sure somebody wasn't cheating is evidence that there's problems with this style of mechanic.

It feels like a playground card game where one kid keeps making up rules and when you ask to see the card that's letting them do it they just say "nuh uh! you're not allowed to see!".
>>
>>81311632
I think the worst thing is how many of those legendaries are designed with specific decks in mind, rather than just being cool creatures that do things their colors do. And a lot of them are so overspecialized that, if you want to play a theme similar, but not identical, to the one the designers had in mind, you’re often still better served by going back to pre-2016 releases and looking for a generalist legendary in your colors.
And, sure, some of that’s fine—I get it, people really want to build werewolf tribal decks, and have ever since the first Innistrad block, so Tovolar makes sense to print. But it feels like too many new legendaries present you with the question “Do you want to play this specific deck?” rather than “Does this inspire you to come up with a deck?”
>>
>>81311700
This, that UR legend in the werewolf set is just a bad Mizzix, his way to get counters is so slow that 90% of the time he’s just a legendary goblin electromancer.
>>
>>81311551
I hear you. I said, I don’t mind the card. But, it enables the oppressive shit.
>>
>>81311824
I think it's just to prevent confusion and 'clarifying language'. But it does make my boros MLD have a new commander
>>
>>81311735
I think too many of the cards that got it just had it stapled onto them for later cost reduction, rather than prioritizing reactive plays.
>>
Thanks for all the tron and mutate info guys. It was very enlightening.
>>
>>81311824
Cleaner wording on a card with a lot of text already? I’m not sure and it does sound weird now that you say it.
>>
>>81311857
>But it feels like too many new legendaries present you with the question “Do you want to play this specific deck?” rather than “Does this inspire you to come up with a deck?”
This exactly is the problem. Most legendaries shouldnt seem like precon rejects.
>>
>>81311901
I miss the days of legends that weren't self contained value engines or text walls. I miss flavorful garbage like Katar. Loved that asshole bird in the book too.
>>
How many 1-2 cost instant/sorceries is enough to make isochron scepter worth it?
>>
>>81311735
It’s pretty neat. No real issues with more of it
>>
>>81311883
What do you mean with "prioritizing reactive plays"?
>>
>>81311925
Isochron can only do instants. I run 13 instants in my toshiro deck along with a scepter.
>>
>>81311898
im just wondering also is there any non-instant or sorceries It would effect? are there any cards that cycle and do damage? is that technically from a spell?
>>
>>81311924
I feel like the revised elder dragons in m19 are the right way to do new legendaries
>>
How many times has Toskiposter Toski posted?
>>
Is Grand Arbiter Augustin IV always degenerate? I wanted to build him like a modern UW control
>>
File: GOREX.png (706 KB, 640x889)
706 KB
706 KB PNG
Anyone have any recs on this badboy? Current list
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/8KhcAvSQ90KB7hdFgPPx7g

>TQ
Take off: Hullbreacher, if you cant deal with a 3cmc 3/2 at instant speed then you just got got, that what the card does its not a big oppressive deal everyone will target the person who casted it and the game will go on fine, the RC made it sound like a big fucking deal when its super easy to deal with.

Put on: probably Armageddon bc everyone I've ever play against who casted it always drags out the game for about an extra 30 minuets bc they dont win on the spot
>>
>>81311951
everytime they get mentioned the first thing I think of is how shit Palladia Mors is, but the other 4 are pretty cool.
>>
>>81311941
More Foretell cards should have been responses, rather than proactive plays. Stuff like Shunt, Heroic Intervention, and so on. Things that you want to do at instant speed to show that you “foretold” this scenario, rather than a big mammoth that you cast for cheap now because you thought of it earlier.
>>
>>81311767
Was it pushed tho? In standard there are like two or three foretell cards that are played, and Ranar precon wasn't all in on foretell but also had some blink stuff if I recall
>>
>>81311824
So when they print non instant/sorcery burn that works in a way we havent seen before this guy will work with it.
>>
Do you guys think that if i build Teshar i'll get bored?
I hate tokens, counters and too much tutor shit. But i do like stax, combo and interaction.
>>
>>81312000
This. They just used it to redo suspend, but less shitty.
>>
>>81312000
In that case I agree, it would give that "you just activated my trap card" feel some anon mentioned.
>>
>>81312038
depends maybe its just me but eggs decks feel so boring, so if its eggs I would say yea, if not that its probably pretty fun
>>
>>81311951
Hell, even the occasional precon commander gets it right. The trick is to just give the player something interesting they can do, rather than rewarding them for following directions. In the former case, the player will build a deck that leverages the ability, but how it’s leveraged can vary from player to player. In the latter, the player will just build the deck the legendary tells them to because that’s how they get the reward that the card offers.
>>
>>81312000
>>81312088
I’d say there are some sorcery-speed effects that could still fit—foretelling a board wipe still hits that note of punishing your opponent from overextending, for instance.
>>
aight talking about golos is cool and all but it's getting stale. What you got in the mail today?
MH2 etched foils are surprisingly good, no warp or obscure images so idk if i should swap my nonfoils with it
>>
>>81311973
Eternal Scourge is probably worth using since it's the only card which can be guaranteed to always get back. I think you also need more protection
>Phage
I don't think this is good enough. At best it'll be a removal sponge
>>
>>81311632
do you think it will slow down or are we past the point of no return?
>>
>>81312231
it will slow down once it's oversaturated and players lose interest. The problem is that most players need to migrate to another format for wotc to ruin it instead, and it's not gonna happen
>>
>>81311430
>Only Golosplayer in my shop keeps trying to make overdone tryhard decks
>Never ventures outside of pod that he knows will put up with his kingmaking and "surprise" combos
>>
we gonna do more spelltable today?
>>
>>81311973
I'll be honest with you, I don't really see why you would use turtle boy as a commander. It just comes off as a not very efficient way of bringing creatures back to your hand, not even to the battlefield, while also limiting you to black mana only. You could argue that it can be cheap, since it's only 2B if you discount it fully, but then you'd be exiling 3 creatures from your graveyard. If the turtle immediately dies, you lose 2 and might not get the one you want back. If you try to solve this problem by only exiling one creature, then you're paying 6 mana to get one creature out of your graveyard, not even mentioning the turtle still has to die or wait one whole turn to attack. Turtle boy feels okay-ish in the 99, however (the zombie precon actually has it in it).
>>
>reassembling a deck I dismantled years ago
>find a majority of the cards originally in it throughout my collection
>a lot of the generic goodstuff cards that were previously in it are already in use in other decks
>replace whatever's missing with interesting cards that were released after I dismantled it or random cards I've never tried
>avoid looking at EDHREC, just make inclusion decisions based on what's available on hand
I like this feel a lot, very comfy. Pic related, I'm rebuilding Sidisi.
>>
>>81311430
worst I have to deal with is joirha, narset, and some simic shitters
>>
>>81311632
Legendary status on a creature is a downside.

FYI, many of these are probably creatures that couldn't have existed if they werent legendary due to the effects being able to stack too easily.
>>
>>81311430
The most annoying player in my playgroup built Golos. Now he is building Narset turns.
>>
>>81312329
Build him a fucking coffin.
>>
>>81312143
As much as I like those Bob Ross swamps, if I'm blinging out my lands I'm probably springing for the full art John Avon ones
>>
File: 20210915_145239.jpg (7.16 MB, 4032x3024)
7.16 MB
7.16 MB JPG
>>81311119
Post em. I got some new cards and changed my deck quite a bit.
>>
>>81311119
FREE MY NIGGA ROFELLOSSSSSSSS
>>
>>81312099
Bad example, Elsha is fucking busted. A couple cost reductions and you spit your whole deck into play, then finish everyone with Aetherflux Reservoir, Brain Freeze or whatever you want.
>>
File: 37935.jpg (46 KB, 400x557)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Tell me these aren't kino
>>
>>81312329
I just read Narset. What nonsense.
>>
>>81312231
I expect it to slow down at some point, but not next year (return to a legendary-matters plane, new multicolor plane, revisit of a major point in lore history). But with Historic Brawl now always available on Arena, there’s going to be less pressure on them to always have multiple legendaries for as many color combinations as possible in Standard.
That said, I wouldn’t expect it to dip under, say, 85 ever again. That allows for 10 legendaries in every Standard set, an additional 3 per each precon (between 2-5 precons per Standard set, we’ll estimate 11 precons per year), and then an additional 12 in whatever that year’s supplemental product is. Some years will be higher—like any year with a Commander Legends product—and some years will be lower. But hopefully we’ll have seen the back of 150+ legendaries in a given year.
>>
>>81312329
>>81312396
>there are anons itt that having been traumatized by narset niggers
>>
>>81311973
Come to think of it, why the fucks a giant turtle on innistrad?
I mean yeah because wotc says so but doesnt this break pretty hard with the flavour of medieval central Europe but horror, even if it's zombified? Is there a horror movie with a giant murdering turtle theyre referencing here?
>>
>>81312275
just make a discord and fuck off already
>>
>>81312391
these aren't kino
>>
File: 1631719596364.png (38 KB, 383x847)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>81312374
I hope Urza's day comes soon, tryhard.
>>81312391
>John Avon
They are in fact kino.
>>
>>81311969
its been every single thread pretty much since kaldheim was released. im not entirely sure that its always the same person though.
>>
>>81312404
It just seems boring.
>>
>>81312388
And some pre-2011 legendaries are also busted. The issue isn’t about power level, it’s about whether the card directly tells you what deck you’re going to play.
>>
>>81311669
Clones with bounce is the best way to mutate. Sadly the clones stack doesn't remutate when tokens enter or a clone is generated. Think of this as basically being able to copy a tron stack in a way.
>>
>>81312426
I just swapped it to urza yesterday. If he gets banned I'll just run Teferi Temporal Archmage like I have been. It'll take like at least 5 bans to get me.
>>
>>81311790
The irony of you demanding he post screenshots of his texts while he didn't mention anything about screenshots on your end, but you did, is palpable.
>>
File: 23t5266666.jpg (10 KB, 225x225)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>81312282
After thinking more about turtle boy, I realize you can actually discount its commander tax by exiling more creatures, essentially making it a 2 mana commander, but I don't know how good that will be. Let's say you exile 5 creatures to get turtleboy for B B (in a scenario in which it has died twice, fairly reasonable). You now have 5 creatures on it, and are at least getting one back, who knows, maybe all five. If you can constantly shove creatures into your graveyard, it'll always have fuel to burn, but then what even is your win condition? ETB effects? As goofy as it sounds, it seems somewhat fun.
>>
>>81311362
but of course
>>
>>81312472
almost as if Im a different anon retard
>>
>>81312426
Post your cardboard.
>>
Is it possible to build an Urza deck that's casual and fun? Or is it always stax infinite mana winmore
>>
>>81312482
lmao
>>
File: 1621299485650.jpg (45 KB, 639x960)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>81312374
>>
>>81312504
you can polish a turd anon, but it's always going to be a turd
>>
>>81312001
Compared to morphs, yes. They are just morphs/adventures for non-creatures but
>they trigger and do something when you foretell
>they are exiled so the other player can't reasonably interact with it like they could a morph
Twisting a keyword mechanic to be non-interactable compared to the older variant is going to be deemed "pushed" conceptually even if they didn't change standard up much.
>>
>>81312504
Thats not what winmore means. Anyways, you could run it as a polymorph list. Polymorph into gorozoth or some shit off the robot then assemble a combo. Alternatively, just run all the karnstructs out there and beat people down with robots.
>>
>>81311370
How serious are you? If so I have some great suggestions. Been playing it for almost ten years since it’s first inception. I’d love to give out tips to smash fucking face with werewolves.
>>
>>81312504
Urza equipment is a thing. Or Urza blink beatdown focused on flickering Urza to flood the board with constructs.
>>
>>81312426
I hate urza more than golos
>>
>>81312388
That’s one way to build her. There are other decks that could be built with her that don’t run any cost-reducers or any of those win conditions. Is that the most optimal build? Sure, probably. But she’s open-ended enough to enable entirely different modes of play if that’s what she inspires someone to explore, and doing so doesn’t require you to completely ignore portions of her rules text.
>>
Playing anything with blue or green in it is an admission that you cannot deckbuild properly and need a crutch.
>>
>>81312504
It will always be degenerate unless you deliberately don't cast urza, ever. He simply isn't a realistic magic card.
>>
>>81312374
what a soulless deck jesus christ
>>
>>81312565
What do you play anon?
>>
File: PXL_20210915_190439579.jpg (4.36 MB, 4032x3024)
4.36 MB
4.36 MB JPG
>>81312490
It's kind of a shitbrew right now but that's okay. The picture may come out upside down but I don't care.
>>
>>81312545
May as well do it since that's going to be the meme deck of the month.
Still think they need white for permission/ taxes to even be remotely playable though.
>>
File: winter orb.jpg (65 KB, 400x557)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
AAIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>81312587
hello fellow pixelchad
>>
>>81312587
>jap ugly boros dwarf
ok but why tho?
>>
>>81312577
Isao.
>>
>>81312391
I pulled a mountain from a set booster, shit was wild
>>
>>81312577
Brothers Yamazaki partnered.
>>
>>81312614
basado
>>
>>81312374
>Post em
I was going to, and then I saw what you were using to kick it off, and I'm not sure I want to be associated with that.
>>
File: 20210816_131455.jpg (2.81 MB, 3225x2419)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB JPG
>>81312587
Looks pretty cool.

>>81312571
>>81312518
>he doesnt beat down thoracle scum and tidespout tyrant all over the place
Do you even fun?
>>
>>81312504
>>81312374
I know his ramp effect is very strong but the minds desire effect on top is just too much. Could've perfectly do away with it. Maybe let it pay a cost and discard to populate, to parallel Yawgmoth.
>>
>>81312596
I opened a few Japanese STX boosters on a whim hoping to get some cool archive cards and ended up opening him. He's an ugly bastard but he's been pretty fun so far.
>>
File: 1630243905867.png (257 KB, 538x538)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>all this bitching about people playing combos or winning too fast or using a commander you think is dumb
So mono green decks are the only thing you like then?
>>
>>81312638
i am so glad i took apart my mimeoplasm deck so i cant be associated with shit like this
>>
>>81312561
Based mono white, red or black chad
>>
>>81312577
Gosta Dirk voltron
>>
>>81312649
Ignore them. They just want attention. Like this lad >>81312636
>>
>>81312638
How's Grist working out for you?
>>
>>81312649
Its some loser that complains about EVERYTHING and demands things of anons baselessly. He's mental.
If you post your deck he'll find some reason to shit on you.
>>
>>81312649
Selvala, Marwin and Yisan are strong af, the color means nothing
>>
File: 03-RG.jpg (7.28 MB, 3500x2941)
7.28 MB
7.28 MB JPG
>>81312587
How is Hofri in play? I can never decide what I think about him just from reading the card.
>>
>>81312649
found the golos tranny
>>
File: 20210511_141155.jpg (7.89 MB, 4032x3024)
7.89 MB
7.89 MB JPG
>>81312659
For some reason I'm skeptical of your claim. Fallen shinobi is one of the purest experiences in magic, and I pulled that kalonian hydra when it was standard legal.
>>
>>81312713
clean your fucking desk
>>
>>81312638
>Mimeoplasm can enter as a copy of Grist that has +1/+1 counters on it
Oh that's fucking weird
>>
>>81312713
I will never play a ninja not printed in Kamigawa block.
>>
>>81312690
He's underwhelming and plays a bit like rakdos darietti, but cheaper. If he hit artifacts or enchantments instead of walkers he'd be much better. Never cast his ultimate.
>>
>>81312561
Are you saying Mardu is the best color combo?
>>
i consoomed today
>>
>>81312614
kek
>>
>>81312752
whats funny about playing the only soul partners?
>>
>>81312769
They just look cool/funny
>>
>>81312725
You can necrotic ooze grist too, but I'm not sure how it works.
>>
File: my decks.png (1.65 MB, 1741x860)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
>>81312374
Will post paper when I get back from work
>>
>>81312700
If I had to compare his play style, it's most similar to Teysa Karlov, except weaker colors, and more combat oriented. I may consider trying him in a Ghired list as well though to evaluate him in the 99.
>>
>>81312374
> has grim but no power artifact
> liquimetal torque
> string of disappearances
> snap
> teferi
> suspend over pongify
Why?
Also, is karn there only to make a token for poly/staff?
>>
sphinx's revalation or pull from tomorrow?
>>
File: 1512163301495.gif (506 KB, 500x375)
506 KB
506 KB GIF
>>81312787
>these decks
>>
>>81312793
That anon plays cedh and the weird choices are part his meta and part how cedh is played.
>>
>>81312793
hes just autistic
>>
>>81312817
what? they're fun
>>
>>81312890
>bro, my overcosted vanilla creatures are soooo fun
>>
>>81312877
> That anon plays cedh
I know. Or at least very high power level.
> weird choices are part his meta and part how cedh is played
I understand it, but that still doesn't explain torque, and I'm still interested in the other weird choices.
>>
>>81312793
Thanks for looking! Yup, karn is there to poly into tyrant, and he also is a house in general drawing you cards and eating the beatdown. I also want to run Great Creator as a null rod effect.
>suspend
I mostly use suspend against people's commanders, and I like that it bypasses indestructible, but I dont really like the token bodies left behind even off swan song because my removal is stretched pretty thin. I could be convinced, it hasnt come up a lot.
>liquimetal torque
New technology. I can use it in a niche way with hyurkls or rebuild and it synergizes with the great creator when I get him in there.
>string, snap
Holdovers from a slower list, what would you suggest?
>teferi
I like that he's removal and looting. More walkers seem to benifit me in my meta, I was also considering Jace the Wallet Sculptor.
>power artifact
I cant afford it. I dont run any proxies so I dont think I'll flip for one card, so ot is regretable. Same with timetwister and intuition.
>>
>>81312919
Yes that's what I said
>>
>>81312932
Torque is good enough to run just for the potential of turning anything into an artifact. You don't have to be running the removal yourself - you just give the opening up to others with it.
>>
File: 239403.jpg (64 KB, 400x558)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
Is it really all that bad?
>>
>>81312955
Please, tell us all about how your favorite color is tan and the best music is everything except rap and country.
>>
>>81312919
what are you doing in the /edh/ thread if you don't like big dumb creatures?
>>81312981
>suspend
Yes, its that bad.
>>
>>81312981
It has art by RKF, I have it in Yawgmoth for that alone.
>>
>>81312988
Why do you do this shit every fucking thread? You waste so much of your own time getting bullied and then making really weird useless comebacks that just make you sound insane.
Get some help bro.
>>
Thinking of making a Savra deck, any good cards /edh/ can recommend for it?
>>
>>81312981
Should've been Suspend 1 to be even remotely playable.
>>
>>81313008
He's like this BECAUSE he gets bullied every day. You're watching a man at the end of his rope, he'll kill himself eventually and we'll never have to worry about it ever again.
>>
>>81312988
I don't follow. Why are you upset? And the best music is classical, specially ballet
>>
>>81312981
Hot take - its good because tutors should be bad. Most tutors are too good.
>>81312988
babby got poopy in diapy? Awwww poor wittle babby boy.
>>
>>81313029
beledros witherbloom
>>
>>81313064
>Hot take - its good because tutors should be bad. Most tutors are too good.

100% fucking with you anon
>>
>>81313101
I still stand by the take, but only for edh because of singleton.
>>
>>81312988
I've heard the "listen to everything but rap and country" meme but is tan being a favorite color actually a thing people say? I've never heard someone say that in their life, it's almost always Blue, Red, Green, or Yellow.
>t. based purple appreciator
>>
>>81313037
I think it should cost 0 at that suspend cost
>>
>>81313114
what kinda faggot has yellow as their favorite color?
>>
>>81313129
weebs
>>
>>81313113
No I'm saying I agree, I'm with you.
>>
>>81313145
Ahhh, you see I'm kinda retarded.
>>
>>81313167
Nah you're fine, I just worded that poorly.
>>
Is suspend 2 really that bad? If you suspend it early or even mid game I don't see the problem. And it gives you 2 turns to change what you want. Plus the art alone makes it playable
>>
>>81313216
what are you thoughts on suspend ds?
>>
File: recurring nightmare.jpg (38 KB, 223x310)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>81311119
>Take one card off of the banlist and put one card on the ban list. Explain your reasoning
Sorcery Speed reanimation and sac outlet, that costs 3 mana per cycle.
It has to compete with Victimize and any number of other 3-4 CMC or lower reanimation tools.
Its a powerful card, but nowhere close to being the best card in any give 99
>>
>>81313237
It sucks to draw a suspend card when you want something you can play right away. That's for sure
>>
>>81313216
For it is Suspend 3 Turbo Arcade Edition
>>
File: 5593.jpg (63 KB, 400x557)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>TQ
Ban Intuition. Unban Sway of the Stars. Intuition is just the expensive RL version of Gifts Ungiven, a banned card. It's slightly worse, but only by a bit in the decks that run it. Sway of the Stars should be unbanned for the same reason Worldfire was unbanned. It's a high cmc sorcery that takes some work around to actually make it win you the game.
>>
>>81312745
we all sin sometimes. Repent and try not to do it again
>>
>>81313216
Not being able to choose the timing is the difference between Yawg Will and Gaea's Never Been Played.
>>
>>81313267
desu I would ban all reserve list cards in all formats if I could, maybe keep vintage
If people invest in magic like bitcoin, fuck em
>>
>>81313216
It is pretty damn meh, but if you got any alternative way to cast it its great.
Cascade, golos activation... as foretold, omniscience and so on and so on.
>>
>>81312981
Its awkward to say the least. The suspend is a red herring, you want to find a way to cast it for free. But the most reasonable way to do that is cascade and its not in the cascade colors. And if it was cascade works best when you game it so the card you cascade into is deterministic.
So you're doing a deterministic cascade line (almost tutoring) just to find a tutor to find something else.
>>
>>81313346
>golos activation
anon...
>>
>>81311669
>Essence
Based, my 4 never arrived, do any other anons still have a pile of them?
>>
File deleted.
>>81312981
It's a relatively rare effect with cool art. It being a little slow should be a small price to pay.
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with running 32 lands in a green deck as long as you have ramp
>>
>>81313547
>black tutor is rare effect
uwutm8?
>>
>>81313568
Why state this like its controversial? Sounds reasonable to me. We aren't in the 38 lands and mana rocks era anymore. All decks can shave down on lands and be fine.
>>
Thoughts on takebacks when somebody takes an action without noticing something in play? (like tutoring when an opponent control Ashiok, Dream Render).
I'm personally in favor of take-backs like this because otherwise, every action will require reviewing the entire board to make sure it's good to go. I don't want the game to slow to a crawl because there's too many permanents in play. I'd much rather encourage fast play by being loose with takebacks so we can get games done in a reasonable amount of time.
>>
>>81313618
I'm fine with takebacks if no new information was revealed. But I try not to do them myself to force myself to learn from my mistakes.
>>
>>81313618
It depends, you get a feel for what is obviously just a miss because there is 200 things in play.
But if you miss rhystic because you don't follow that people cast spells, nah.
>>
>>81312329
Does this same player by chance run Krark + Sakashima also?
>>
>>81313618
All good if its an honest mistake. You'll know it when you see it if someone is trying to angle shoot by playing dumb. After a certain point you have to stop allowing it though. If you let it go on forever they'll never learn to keep track of the boardstate themselves.
>>
>>81312174
ty for rec i was on the fence with phage i took her out
>>81312282
>>81312473
i see him as a fun midrange deck really hes just goofy and fun im thinking i can win through combat and etb effects. its slow but seems fun
>>
>>81313240
Not to mention that graveyard hate has become so much better and is basically ubiquitous now.
>>
File: 11774.jpg (63 KB, 400x557)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>goes in every green deck
>>
>>81313769
No. They have run Yusri, but that deck was fine really. Of course, he stopped playing it mostly when he realized it wasn't winning him most games.
>>
File: 134892.jpg (51 KB, 400x557)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
is he good yet
>>
>>81313788
>its slow
Not for a turtle!
>>
File: Good.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>81313859
>>
File: inv-60-manipulate-fate.jpg (126 KB, 488x680)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>81313572
I'd figure there are fewer than 40 unconditional searchers in the entire game, and I'm counting shit like pic related. Black being known for its tutors doesn't make it a common effect.
>>
File: 1549780369802.png (349 KB, 757x632)
349 KB
349 KB PNG
>>81313859
>regrowth is almost always better in those decks.
>>
>>81313879
Hapatra still destroys him.
>>
File: planar-bridge.jpg (146 KB, 900x502)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
Where's he going next, /tg/?
>>
File: fem-83-conch-horn.jpg (267 KB, 672x936)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
Why can't we have more threads discussing art? It leads to much better discussion than discussing the banned list or discussing spoilers. Nu-wotc is shit and sheldon is a retard.
Go back to posting foglios
>>
>>81311362
I got slapped with the ban, what the hell do i build out of his corpse?

Tressure tokens rip
>>
File: SheoldredEdit1.png (3.24 MB, 1600x1200)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB PNG
>>81314149
He's going to find himself a cute phyrexian gf.
>>
>>81313969
My dude Diabolic Tutor is fucking uncommon and has 15 different printings. Its evergreen in black at this point.
>>
>>81314151
Because the 3 or so anons like you and I that enjoy it have to also deal with faggots that only understand binary reasoning questioning every response we have when we're essentially having a private back and forth.
But mostly we can't be critical of their favorite artist in any way or the entire discussion falls apart as they whine.
>>
>>81314205
Literally anything. Kenrith, Jodah, Ramos, Sisay, etc.
>>
>>81314226
where does the dick go?
>>
>>81314319
I see two mouths, take your pick.
>>
Commander Banned list
>Basic Land - Forest
>Basic Land - Island
>Thassa's Oracle
>Laboratory Maniac
>Jace, Wielder of Mysteries
>Triskaidekaphile
>Black Lotus
>Chaos Orb
>Channel
>Falling Star
>Fastbond
>Flash
>Gifts Ungiven
>Golos, Tireless Pilgrim
>Mox Emerald
>Mox Jet
>Mox Ruby
>Mox Sapphire
>Mox Pearl
>Panoptic Mirror
>Paradox Engine
>Prophet of Kruphix
>Shahrazad
>Time Vault
>Time Walk
>Tinker
>Tolarian Academy
>Trade Secrets
>Yawgmoth's Bargain

There, have I made a better commander banned list?
>>
File: chr-68-revelation.jpg (263 KB, 672x936)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>>81314151
I'm a big fan of the older artwork with the stain glass look. Everything comes together nicely because the artist was planning on the image being within the art frame from the beginning. Too much of the new digital art looks like a cropped image of a much larger piece.
Conch Horn girl looks like Palutena from Kid Icarus there.
>>
>>81314346
>Revelation
>Enchant World
>bible passage flavor text
10/10 perfect card
>>
File: mir-188-raging-spirit.jpg (267 KB, 672x936)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>81314151
There was more experimentation with art back in the day.
>>
File: mailmantime.jpg (3.62 MB, 3522x3024)
3.62 MB
3.62 MB JPG
what did the mailman brought you today?
>finally got the blank cards to draw my own shit proxys
>>
>>81314319
The top part detaches from the mouthy bottom. Thats where the fuckable meat is hidden.
>>
File: 7ed-297-flying-carpet.jpg (220 KB, 672x936)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>81314406
I wish there was a version of this card with the Scott Fischer art but not shit flavor text. Fucking hell this flavor text irritates the shit out of me
>>
>>81314431
Looks really good anon wonderful job with the lotus. Everything looks cool, Zabaz looks interesting.
I've been waiting on a Brainstone in the mail for like 3 weeks now. I'm thinking it got lost in the mail.
>>
>>81314482
was it some kind of special one?
>>
File: mh2-176-sylvan-anthem.jpg (165 KB, 672x936)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
Why is it so shit
>>
>>81314475
>"Flights of fancy, streaming the heavens with clouds at your feet."
Took me seconds to think of something else. That shit screams MaRo inspired flavor text.
>>
>>81314514
Yee, it was the old frame variant. Did they game me and list it in stock when they had to secure the wares after they finished the sale?
I'd be pissed if thats what happened.
>>
>>81314534
Because its painfully redundant in its colors. Its like printing a new Rampant Growth at mythic and asking why people aren't playing it.
The art is interesting and evocative. Weird there's a rabbit with only 2 rabbits in green and the newest of the 2 was printed 21 years ago.
>>
>>81311946
That would be an ability not a spell
>>
>>81314534
Its not
>>
Oh my god, they’re making FreeGolos shirts.
>>
>>81314798
post em
>>
File: 1624325771650.jpg (11 KB, 250x214)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>81314798
These people are cucked beyond belief. Bunch of participation trophy type freaks not being able to handle being told no is sending them into a frenzy.
>>
>>81314306
Cody tokens
Treasures and clues oh joy
>>
>>81314857
Btw if you want your brains to melt from the stupid, there’s also their thread about “unhinged” cedh takes
https://twitter.com/playingpowermtg/status/1438169430706384897?s=21
>>
>>81314798
This is actually going to turn out like the original skub comic, I can see it.
>>
>>81314857
can we post milkers edits next thread instead? I'm still looking to collect em all for a complete album. bonus points for rare ones.
>>
>>81314119
I mean you're wrong but whatever
>>
>>81314918
This is a 21st century version of a forearm number tattoo for jews.
>>
>at LGS
>talking about the Golos ban
>majority consensus is it was good, minority opinion is don't know/care
>one guy spergs out in the middle of the game to say Golos shouldn't be banned, Najeela is just as broken
>>
What's the likelihood of Smothering tide and the "Sword of" equipments going down in price via reprints, box sets??? I can get some for a decent price but I just can't be bothered since I don't play White...yet
>>
>>81314975
0.001%
>>
File: Arabic Island.jpg (98 KB, 683x683)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
I can't believe they are making a Al Qaeda Secret Lair.
>>
>>81315003
>Lucky Larry commander pre-con
>>
>>81311119
Ban- Hall of Gemstones
Unban- Iona

Reasoning- White and especially monowhite is bad and could use some love. 9 mana with 3 white and no protection outside of her denial isn't amazing. As part of the 99 she is an expensive wincon as a commander she's kinda garbage.

Hall of gemstones is objectively a stronger version for a third the cmc in a color that does fine as a mono color. I fucking hate this card and every deck it's run in is cancer.
>>
>>81314431
meu negro.
>>
>>81311362
I am.
https://youtu.be/ToVFSKBXpvc
>>
>>81315125
Spicy but nothing will ever top the little dark age shitpost.
>>
>>81315043
didn't know about Hall picking one up as I type
>>
>>81315134
That was made to show what I loved.
This was made to dab of salty fags
>>
>>81314431
I like seeing your proxies anon
>>
>>81315043
your tears give me sustenance
play a two color deck like a real man
>>
Did you ever think we'd get here with Goloshitters getting what they fucking deserve?
>>
>>81315203
It feels good.
I feel...vindicated.
>>
>>81315191
>needs more than 1 color
>thinks hes a man
kek you hate to see it
>>81315203
I still haven't come down from the euphoria. Its been a 3 day high.
>>
>>81315203
In a sea of garbage from wotc and mtg normies alike , it’s nuggets of joy like this and RKF still doing art for cards that keeps my will to live going
>>
>>81315203
I'm not going to lie, I've been indulging like a hedonist on it. I went out and bought junk food and drugs and I've been chilling on /edh/ from morning to night laughing with the lads over the entire shitshow.
Its been wonderful. Has that same energy as a pay per view fight night or e3 party.
>>
File: 1613670997606.jpg (24 KB, 720x720)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>81315203
It took others suffering in abject misery to bring /edh/ together as brothers. It couldn't have happened any other way and I wouldn't want it to.
>>
>>81315226
>needs more than 1 color
In my defense, I started playing during Lorwyn.
>>
>>81315189
im another anon tho, i only took inspiration from the OG one
>>
i havent played with my notmal playgroup in over a month. im so magic deprived i keep going through my cards and crafting decks. i've started atraxa sagas and misc counters, kynaios and tiro combat shenanigans, liesa lifegain&drain, nath elf discard (i already also have a lathril deck but i miss nath & discard stuff and have dupes of a lot of elf cards), and veyran shitty spellslinger (already have riku so this might become dalakos). whats wrong with me? i already have 17 decks.
>>
>>81315298
And not one good one.
>>
>>81315125
hot stuff kek
>>
>>81315326
nope. a significant number of my decks are actually pretty solid. ive been playing for 10 years and have an expansive collection. these new ones probably wont be very good but theyll be able to hang with the people i play with in the absence of my normal playgroup.
>>
>>81315372
Post em.
>>
>>81311172
Balance is absolutely a gamebreaker, and worse it makes the game even more centralized around mana rocks
>>
Huh?
>>
>>81315394
which one? ill list em all. i have a lot of weeb cards and some sharpie proxies of cards i have but havent gotten dupes of yet for the deck.

the ur-dragon, the first sliver, uril auratron, tana//tymna pod/aristocrats, lathril elves, breya artifacts, ayara BBM/aristocrats, toski green stuff, talrand tempo (this one is hit or miss), neheb, the eternal big mana/burn, sefris dungeons/reanimator, gavi cycling, kadena morph, otrimi mutate, riku clones & copies, sygg rogues (sorry it's 16, i have 2 that are nearly done and have sleeves, 4 nearly done w/o sleeves, and 3 just started). i have a serious problem.
>>
>>81311551
Disagree. Mana crypt is almost always a sick draw unless you are mana flooded or somebody has null rod. On turn 3 it can jump from 4 to 6 mana, or 5 to 7, etc. Jumping 2 mana will never not be insanely broken.
>hurrrrr but my green deck doesn’t need to draw mana crypt when I have 12 mana on turn 8
Turn 8 is not a real turn, if your games go to turn 8 then your opinions on the power level of cards are irrelevant.
>>
>deck finally in a solid enough place that the only changes I could see making are sidegrades/whims
>can finally start pimping my shit
name a better feel
>>
>>81315427
Would Balance be fair if it were instead
>For each permanent type, each player chooses a number of permanents they control of that type equal to the number controlled by the player who controls the fewest, then sacrifices the rest. Players discard cards the same way.
?
>>
>>81315191
Two thirds are dual color. I only have one three color, hall of gems fucks dual just as much as anything that isn't monocular. Unless you have multicolor but everything is only a single color.
>>
>>81315567
>name a better feel
A list that is never finished, but instead assessed for possible tweaks and changes after every game night and every set release. Joy in the act of creation, in perpetuity.
>>
>>81315553
>Turn 8 is not a real turn, if your games go to turn 8 then your opinions on the power level of cards are irrelevant.
What decks do you play? Post them. T8 happens all the time, even in high power groups.
>>
>>81315125
That music is unreasonably catchy and I need to know what it is.
>>
>>81315665
It's a Jojo opening - Crazy Noisy Bizarre town
>>
>>81314798
Reminds me of the Lurrus hoodie.
>>
>TQ
Unban: Lutri
Ban: Chulane

After the Companion change Lutri isn't as big of a deal anymore and I've seen too many Chulane decks waste everyone's time and accomplish fucking nothing but recast Ornithopter or Memnite a fuckton of times.
>>
>>81315605
It would be absolutely be more fair. Balance is unfair because it is too easy to break the symmetry with artifacts and planeswalkers. If it affected every card type it would be much more fair, more fun to build around, but probably not super competitive
>>
>>81315617
Surely you have some mana rocks to help you with that different color pip here and there?
Just seems weird to me that you'd single out a niche enchantment that you can still kinda navigate through when stuff like mana maze, blood moon and back to basics exist.
>>
>>81311119
Sundering Titan unbanned, bitches need to respect the fact that land hate is a healthy part of the format.
Korvold, Fae-Cursed King banned, he gives Jund a bad name and why not ban the #2 Commander when banning the #1 Commander worked so well?
>>
File: m13-158-worldfire.jpg (219 KB, 672x936)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>81311362
Abso-fucking-lutely.
>>
File: Bunker.jpg (552 KB, 2500x2819)
552 KB
552 KB JPG
>>81311462
>the /edh/bunker meme
>>
>>81315735
The real question is whether the mana cost would have to be bumped up.
>>
File: The bunker.png (333 KB, 1346x414)
333 KB
333 KB PNG
>>
File: Current Events.png (3.66 MB, 4968x1364)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB PNG
>>
>>81311462
the bunker would be overcrowed now, and players would be seething because the meta is all infinite combos by turn 5
>>
>>81311387
Then everyone clapped
>>
File: avr-7-banishing-stroke.jpg (140 KB, 672x936)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>81315203
Never in a million years. But it's absolutely glorious.
>>
>>81315686
The what now?
>>
>>81315879
ngl, im afraid the RC will bend to the peer pressure + hasbro and unban him with an apology
>>
>>81315842
I think we have to take out the 93/94 bit, since they're part of /mtg/ now and hate us.
Definitely have to remove Pauper, both for the aforementioned reason and that recent events have demonstrated that they are in no way safe from WotC.
>>
>>81315910
I'm a 93/94 player and I love EDH.
But yeah I can make a new fort.
>>
>>81315892
One guy in /mmg/ commissioned Lurrus chibi art and ordered a sweatshirt with said artwork on it. All before Lurrus was banned.
>>
>>81315900
I unironically have faith in Sheldor and the RC to stand by their choice. Their reasoning is solid and it's not like anybody is actually refuting that aspect of the ban. It's all a bunch of "muh casual list" whining and calls to ban other shit.
>>
>>81315949
I know right? But I can totally see it happening considering Sheldon and the RC are spineless bastards. You guys can cap this if you want >>81315900
>>
>>81315900
People were issuing death threats over Paradox Engine. This isn't going to be any worse.
>>
>>81315842
uro's face will never be not funny
>>
>>81315770
people would just go back to playing prossh if korvold got banned. its the same deck.
>>
>>81315900
sheldor never backs down on his decisions
>>
>>81316053
Except for his decision to be cancer-free.
>>
>>81316049
I'm very okay with that reality.
>>
Honestly the RC would only back down if Wotc thought something would get in the way of business. Golos isn’t a brand new card in standard rotation and being an active chase card. It’s long since became expendable.

It was far more surprising that they took action against Hullbreacher so quickly considering CL is a fat cow wotc is still milking until CL2 DND boogaloo
>>
File: skucontent.png (1.19 MB, 1631x1439)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>>81315203
I've been having so much fun acting so laidback and apathetic about the banning and witnessing the sputtering mixture of rage, denial, projection and cognitive dissonance. It's so great.
>>
File: E9KmQ33XIAAJDIf.jpg (14 KB, 409x250)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>81315770
I love advocating for more land hate and that's with one of my favorite decks being a 4C Omnath Landfall deck. I'm sick of the swaths of players that refuse to not play Green, load up their deck with every land ramp and cheap artifact removal but then think land destruction is against "the spirit of the format" or some bullshit as they blast away other players' rocks.
>>
File: c18-32-myth-unbound.jpg (164 KB, 672x936)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>make a copy somehow so it negates commander tax
I like this idea but can't think of a payoff in the command zone, is there anything you would want to die repeatedly in the first place?
>>
>>81316222
roghrak/green partner off the top of my head
cast/sac infinite rograhks
>>
>>81315203
Honesty the threads since the ban have been really comfy.
>>
>>81316264
>>81316264
Made a new thread, frens
>>
>>81316243
all she shitposters were golostannies who 41d themselves
>>
>>81316235
It looks like the easiest clones are in blue, hate to say it but I think I need to play Thrasios
>>
>>81316222
when that card got spoiled the first thing my friends and I thought of was drawing a card everytime you sac’d Derevi to Smokestack
>>
>>81316300
or Kydele, that might actually be better if I'm saccing Roghrak with a Fecundity in play

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.