[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: headset.jpg (49 KB, 640x480)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
I've secretly been recording my D&D sessions. None of the other players know. It's legal where we live, I checked. I'm not going to publish it or anything, I just like having a record of our adventures. The fact that I'm doing it secretly is also kind of exciting in and of itself.

Sessions are identified by the dates used in our handwritten journal. If there's ever a serious disagreement about something that happened in the past, I can go back and check what was said in perfect detail. Turning all of it into a searchable text document would be the Holy Grail, but I haven't found any decent free automatic transcription tools yet. Some day, perhaps.

How does this make you feel?
>>
>>81305845

Legal or not, that's kinda a serious invasion of privacy for something you could have just gotten permission for.
>>
>>81305851
I know, that's the exciting part.
>>
>>81305845
If you are the DM.
>You should have told them.

If not
>This is a massive invasion of privacy and a disruption of trust.
>>
>>81305854

That's a fucked up thing to do to your friends. You are a bad person and a bad friend.
>>
>>81305860
What is "bad", really?

Besides, it's audio they voluntarily transmitted through the internet. In this day and age, it's irresponsible to assume that sort of thing isn't stored somewhere.
>>
>>81305845
>How does this make you feel?
It doesn't matter if you have things recorded because people construct their own realities and will still call you a faggot. Faggot.
>>
>>81305845
sounds pretty neat. wish a friend or i had done the same so we could relive some of our adventures or recall events that were misunderstood/forgotten.
>>81305860
how is it fucked up? its not any more fucked than if they only ever typed their responses and you copy pasted everything to a notepad. whats the problem?
>>
>>81305871
>Besides, it's audio they voluntarily transmitted through the internet. In this day and age, it's irresponsible to assume that sort of thing isn't stored somewhere.

People tend to trust their friends. Something that you've violated.
>>
>>81305887
Does it matter whether I do it, or someone else does it? It's a recording of the exact same audio. Suppose I had eidetic memory and could recall every session in minute detail. Is that a violation too?
>>
>>81305927
yes, anon. in fact, it would be better if you immediately forget all events of the game when you are not playing them and only access such memories when brought up by those who entrusted them to you. those memories are not yours, and neither are the recordings.
>>
>>81305953
>those memories are not yours, and neither are the recordings.
Lol, get real.
>>
>>81305927
>Does it matter whether I do it, or someone else does it?
Yes. The CIA spying on you is not a betrayal of trust, because you don't trust them in the first place.
>>
>>81305845
At least tell your friends ffs
>>
>>81305845
>I checked
Man I laughed hard at this; I've been here too long.
>>
>>81305845
For fuck's sakes, you shoulda let the party and the DM know wtf you're doing before you gone and record 'em.

That being said, I'd like to know what recording software you're using, since there's some sessions I wanna record too for writing greentexts.
>>
>>81305845
Just fucking tell them you've been recording sessions as a log. Play a few of the recordings of yourself for em.

They'll literally thank you for it if they aren't autists, you'd be a more honest person, and not sharing it is depriving your players of a resource, even if you ignore the privacy concerns.

You having a record that other players don't is basically you saying "I didn't tell you all to keep track of what happened in past sessions in great detail, but I did it myself". It implies you plan to use those details in "gotcha" moments that your players weren't really expecting and couldn't have really done anything about unless they knew to keep detailed logs themselves.

If I were your player, I'd want access to those logs so I can look over past sessions too.
>>
It makes me feel like you're either pretty based or pretty unhinged.
>>
>>81306080
Aren't those the same thing?
>>
>>81306004
Suppose I could legally request and receive their logs. Would that be a violation? The audio would be exactly the same.
>>
>>81306052
Software's OBS.
>>
>>81306102
If you have to request it from them then it's obviously not without consent, retard.
>>
>>81306116
I would request it from whatever hypothetical agency recorded it, you illiterate.
>>
>>81306132
Are you joking? Then the only thing you're likely to get is put on a list.
>>
>>81306147
What is it about hypotheticals and suppositions that you don't understand? Help me to help you.
>>
Not telling them because you think it makes it 'more exciting' is what makes it problematic, anon. If this is truly your reasoning, you should question why you do it in the first place.

Comparing it to the CIA and shifting blame to them for not expecting to be recorded is also a pretty flimsy way to tell yourself it's not creepy the way you do it.

Honestly, recording it isn't even the issue in itself. It's really more the forced secrecy behind it. Breach of trust my ass. It's a gaming session, not therapy. If you are truly not going to use it in any way or show it to ppl outside the group, and it's only for you as a GM to get better or as a memory tool, I don't see the big deal otherwise.

But do tell them you do it, you pussy.
>>
>>81305871
You
>>
>>81306173
>Dear CIA, please give me records from your illegal surveillance of my activities
Your hypothetical is retarded and nonsensical.
>>
>>81306175
>Honestly, recording it isn't even the issue in itself. It's really more the forced secrecy behind it. Breach of trust my ass.
I think it depends a lot on how they'd respond to one of the players going 'Hey, I'd really rather you didn't'. If he's hiding it because he knows they'd say no, that is definitely a violation of trust.
>>
>>81305845
Well on a positive note. If they piss you off you can use the recordings of them planning an attack as evidence of planning a terror attack. Report em, black mail em, just do what feels good.
>>
File: visible.jpg (40 KB, 800x450)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>81306195
I pose a "Suppose I could" scenario, and the first thing you do is suppose that I COULDN'T do the thing instead.

And I'm the retard.
>>
>>81306199
>"Alright, then I won't."
>Still do it anyway.
They feel secure in the knowledge I'm not recording. I know not to ever reveal that I'm recording, and never to use the recordings in a way that reveals I have them. They'll never be any the wiser, and no feelings will ever be hurt. Perfect solution for everyone involved.

Or I could just not ask and skip directly to "They'll never be any the wiser". Same difference.
>>
>>81306235

See, that is a pretty definitively a violation of trust. They are trusting you to keep your word and you are violating that trust.

And if they ever do find out? Do you expect them to ever trust your word again?
>>
>>81306216
Suppose you could feel empathy for other people, then you wouldn't have to make this thread.
>>
>>81306261
I suppose you think you're clever. Do you think you're telling me something I don't already know? Why do you think I ask these questions on anonymous imageboards? I need to gauge the potential fallout.

>>81306249
>And if they ever do find out?
I expect them to be salty, but I don't think it's very likely that they'll do something about it.
>Do you expect them to ever trust your word again?
I can't think of very many situations I might end up in with them where them not really trusting me would have any serious consequences.
>>
>>81305845
Very cool other than doing it secretly.
>>
>>81306488
yikes anon
LARPing as a sociopath, le ebin
>>
>>81305854
be honest anon, is this a fetish thing?
>>
>>81306631
No.
Paintball exciting, not huge anime tiddies exciting.
>>
File: 1593468703730.png (102 KB, 640x640)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>81305845
This is why I refuse to play D&D with autistic people
>>
>>81306639
Well ok, I suppose it's not especially terrible as long as you don't post anywhere. But they'll still get rightfully angry at you if they found out
>>
>>81306216
Suppose I could get away with murder. Does that still make it wrong? In fact, don't answer, because this is clearly a bait thread.
>>
>>81305927
Does it matter if your wife fucks some fat millionaire or if some random thot does? The man's still getting fucked anyways after all :)
>>
>>81306075
>They'll literally thank you for it if they aren't autists
I dunno, in this situation I'd be pissed at him for a bit for recording me without telling. Especially because this guy's admitted he only does it as a voyueristic power-trip and doesn't really care about what his "friends" think.
>>
>>81307695
People only care about framing. If you don't make it clear you're getting off on it, and treat it as just a standard thing for their benefit, they probably won't care.

>So, guys, quick note, one thing I've kept behind the screen so far is recordings of the sessions. I've mostly been using them to keep track of shit in game, and to help clarify disputes on what happened in previous sessions, but I figure you guys might want access to them too for if you need info on past sessions, so here's a link to where I've been keeping the campaign logs.
>Wait, why didn't you tell us?
>Because I was originally just using it for GM stuff, and didn't think the players would need access to it. Seems a bit autistic to listen to recordings of past sessions if you don't have to, so I just never mentioned it.

Easy peasy. If you're going to be a sociopath, at least brush up on your ability to convincingly lie. If you do it well enough, the lie is more believable than the truth, and since it's on opinionated shit like this, you can frame it however you want. They can't prove that you're getting torqued on recording them if you have even a modicum of social acumen.
>>
>ITT retards take the bait
>Episode 2047
>>
>>81306235
The idea of being surreptitiously recorded is a major fear of mine. I hate it and I hate people like you who justify doing it.
>>
>>81305871
>What is "bad", really?
Unironically just say you don’t care and save us the breath of trying to explain this to an idiot. Like I don’t like using anecdotes forming opinions but people would actually just not play ttrpg anymore or at all just from this experience. And it also just shows a complete lack of social skills on your part. But I’m certain that you actually just don’t care
>>
File: 1621592451404.png (26 KB, 400x400)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>81305845
>>81305854
Jesus Christ OP go to a psychologist
>>
>>81307752
>People only care about framing.
Wrong, retard, if I found out someone had been secretly recording me, I'd tell them to delete the recordings if they wanted to have anything to do with me again, fuck off with the "it was for your benefit!" shit; if it was, you'd have brought it up from the start. Your "framing" is pretty transparently manipulative. Of course, this is clearly a bait thread at this point so I'm not going to give you any more of my time or attention.
>>
>>81307892
>"I've been keeping transcripts of our text game, by the way, here's the logs in case you guys need to use em too to brush up on past sessions."
>You find out
>"Delete those or we're fucking done."

Literally what you sound like, lmao.
>>
>>81305845
You're a fucking weirdo. Just ask your group if it's okay.
>>
>>81305845
>How does this make you feel?
Like you're American.
It's the thing I least like about your people, so many of you are constantly looking to have a "hook" over people in every interaction you have.
>>
>>81307533
You had to make the leap from recording audio to literal murder in order to make recording sound wrong.
>>
>>81307928
Text and voice are two completely different things, you blithering ape.
>>
>>81308340
Explain how recording text for a text game is any different from recording voice for a voice game without sounding like a paranoid schizophrenic.
>>
>>81308340
>Text and voice are two completely different things, you blithering ape.
You say that like it matters. Either can be used to make an accurate recording of whatever someone says. Why is one worse than the other?
>>
>>81308168
It obviously sounds wrong to most people in this thread already. He's just trying to get it through your head why.
>>
>>81308407
You know the text will remain there. When you speak over voice you're working with the assumption that you're not being recorded, at least not by your apparent "friends".
>>
>>81308454
It sounds wrong to a couple of loud voices, but what does that prove?
>>
>>81308493
>When you speak over voice you're working with the assumption that you're not being recorded
If you're this naïve in the year of our lord 2021, you should not have access to the internet. For your own protection.
>>
>>81308450
Someone's voice is inherently attached to their person. Just like a photograph of their appearance, a fingerprint, etc. Text can be attributed to anyone. A voice cannot.
>>
>>81305851
It's not that big of a deal.
People have surveillance recording in their homes for security all the time and are under no obligation to disclose.
It's only weird if he has cameras in the bathroom.
>>
>>81308571
People don't use security cameras to record their friends. And when they have friends over to visit, they don't look over the security feed to keep an archive of their goings on.
Are you autistic? Genuine question. Thats the only way I could possibly understand why you're like this.
>>
>>81308493
In a place where consent is not required to record someone, or over a voice chat where you are speaking to people over the internet, you shouldn't assume you aren't being recorded. You are.
>>
>>81308538
lmao, you think the magic light box really steals your soul, huh? I don't mean to scare you, but just because it has your voice doesn't mean it's a changeling out to get you anon.
>>
>>81308689
No, you animal. Do you not understand that a voice can be used to identify someone? Extrapolate why that can be a problem.
>>
>>81308708
Getting identified? That's your massive issue with this? You're connecting to the internet. Identifying you will always be possible.
>>
>>81308708
>People are going to identify me using my voice on the recording my GM made of our tabletop sessions.
Dude, you actually have paranoid schizophrenia.
>>
>>81308507
What is right and wrong is arbitrary. Consensus is the only measuring stick you have.

Of course, you came in here to piss people off anyway, so enjoy the outrage, I guess.
>>
>>81308762
The problem here is that the recording is being done amongst friends, without knowledge and without consent. My personal gripe about being identified is a secondary problem. The main thing is the complete betrayal of trust, which, yes, would lead me, in this situation, to being paranoid.
>>
>>81308822
Whoever is recording you is not your friend if this is how you chimp out at them when they inform you they've been doing something as innocuous as recording tabletop session logs.
>>
>>81308875
Someone recording me without my consent is not my friend. Someone who doesn't respect me enough to ask first is not my friend. Someone who gets excited by doing such a thing is not my friend. Someone who refers to someone who trusted them getting mad when you violate that trust as "chimping out" is not my friend. So yes, you're right.
>>
File: (You).jpg (292 KB, 683x1024)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
>>81305871
>>
>>81308988
So yeah, since you've got paranoid schizophrenia, no recording is "done amongst friends". That kinda fucks your argument.
>>
>>81309109
Are you completely ignoring the scenario put forth by this thread, or just being willfully stupid? Don't bother replying, I already know the answer is both.
>>
>>81305845
It makes me feel grimy. You know that what you are doing is wrong and you think it's exciting because of it, that's the sign you have problems.
>>
>>81309240
This is the biggest issue, here: the guy keeps insisting he's "doing nothing wrong", but he clearly KNOWS what he's doing is wrong because he's stubbornly hiding it. If you genuinely think what you're doing among a private group of friends isn't wrong, you aren't going to hide it.
>>
>>81309240
>you have problems
Ok Freud. What I actually have is an accurate record of our campaign.
>>
>>81309512
I'm not hiding it because it's wrong. I'm hiding it because they're emotionally frail morons who won't be sensible about the subject.
>why are they your friends if they're morons
People are morons. I make do.
>>
>>81308636
>Are you autistic? Genuine question.
Probably autistic.
Definitely a schizoid.
>>
>>81309543
>I'm hiding it because they're emotionally frail morons who won't be sensible about the subject.
>Am I wrong? No, it's everyone else that're morons!
Troll or autistic narc. Either way, do a flip.
>>
>>81305845
>It's legal where we live, I checked
Bullshit. Unless you live in fucking Uruguay or something, it's illegal in pretty much every civilized country out there. Or it's a government-only monopoly that is not available to joe schmoe.

You're baiting hard.
>>
>>81309620
Listen. I'm recording it entirely legally and for innocuous purposes. That should be the end of it. And yet I know they'll respond like you did. It's irrational nonsense.
I'm avoiding a bunch of hassle and hurt feelings by keeping them ignorant.
>>
>>81309866
Be wrong harder.
>>
>>81309866
In the United States, it's only illegal in California, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington. Everywhere else as long as one person knows there's a recording being made (i.e. the recorder) it's legal.
>>
>>81305854
Are you a woman, anon?0
>>
>>81305845
>>81305854
creepy
>>
File: 1596083015505.jpg (178 KB, 1057x1064)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>81305845
>>81305854
Sounds like you have an extreme case of autism.
>>
>>81309876
>It's irrational nonsense.
Humans aren't beep boop robots, m8. Trying to understand humans without factoring in their emotions is like trying to understand computing without knowing a single thing about OS.
>>
>>81309876
Right so you know your friends would object to you doing this or ask you to stop and yet you keep doing it because you don't respect their wishes enough to actually abide by them. Then you hide it from them simply because you don't want to deal with the hassle of your friends confronting you for doing something to them you know they wouldn't agree to. Do you not see how that's kind of a dick move anon?
>>
File: 1480966454979.jpg (30 KB, 500x333)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>81309543
>>81309876
>People are morons
>That's why I'm secretly recording our games so I can jerk off to them later
You can't make this shit up
>>
>>81310604
Who cares about irrational wishes or objections?
>>
>>81310974
The vast, vast majority of the population takes the feelings of their friends into account when making decisions involving them.
>>
Why does this hobby attract so many sociopaths?
>>
>>81311063
>Vast majority of responses are calling the man a bad person/fuckhead
>WHY ARE THERE ALL OF THESE SOCIOPATHS OMG
>>
>>81309518
What you have is a fetish for invading people's privacy, if you think you are doing nothing wrong then why are you adamant about hiding it? Because you know you went around people's back and you get high on the feeling. Stop making excuses and own up to it.
>>
>>81311090
I'm talking about OP and people like him, jackass.
>>
>>81311101
Oh, but don't you know? Human feelings are so irrational and make no sense, it's so irrational and childish to object to someone invading your privacy, breaking your trust, and stockpiling records of your conversations like a blackmailer! Now, deriving a forbidden, erotic thrill from doing that? Very high IQ and extremely rational and intellectual.
>>
>>81311126
You're adding the eroticism. I wonder why.
>>
>>81311123
OP and people like him are a small percentage of the hobby.
>>
sktizo thread
>>
>>81311145

>>81305845
>The fact that I'm doing it secretly is also kind of exciting in and of itself.
>>81305854
>I know, that's the exciting part.
This is clearly indicative of voyeurism. He might not be literally beating off to the recordings, but there's clearly an erotic component to it.
>>
>>81306656
Nah, I got autism and I ain't this bad. OP's brand of bullshit ain't autism. It's either BPD or classic NPD.
>>
>>81311101
>if you think you are doing nothing wrong then why are you adamant about hiding it?
Do you choose not to read, or is there some kind of problem on the comprehension side of things? Hiding it keeps people from turning their irrational objections into practical problems for me. I'm not hurting them in any way, they should stay off my case, but I know they won't. So I preempt the issue.

>>81305854
Was more a joke than anything else, but knowing what I know now, I don't expect you to have caught that.
>>
>>81311189
The coombrain reads "exciting" and immediately thinks "erotic!".
>>
>>81307928
>lmao
When did this start coming back into fashion? It was almost a decade where people agreed that it sounded retarded to use lmao unironically and suddenly in the past few months I see it everywhere.
>>
>>81311208
>Was more a joke than anything else
You aren't funny, and trying to pass things off as "just a joke haha" when they don't land well is entry-level ass-covering. You aren't the master manipulator you think you are here >>81307752
>>
>>81311146
Maybe, but people like him are the reason I have trust issues.
>>
>>81311250
Oh, hey, you also ADMIT you're getting off to it there!
>>81311224
See above.
>>
>>81311126
Of course, how did I not see that? It is clear OP has done nothing wrong and everyone is just crazy an overly-emotional. Thank you for making me see that kind stranger.

In all seriousness though, I am glad we can agree OP is a delusional faggot.
>>
File: 1588969700189.jpg (84 KB, 1024x576)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>81305854
you're kind of straddling that line between evil and just chaotic. If you use these recordings to harm your friends, then you'd be a real pos. If those recordings get into the wrong hands and then end up hurting your friends, you're still a pos since the consequences could be the same despite intentions, but maybe slightly less of one
>>
>>81311208
People are just irrational of course. You know people would object to it and they would have all the reasons in the world to do so, but you choose to ignore it because you are so rational and enlightened about your breach of privacy.
>>
>>81311197
Agreed, I am also autistic and I don't get high on the feeling of going behind people's back. OP just has his head up his ass.
>>
>>81305845

You wouldn't mind showing me screenshots of your game, would you Anon? Since you say you do it over Discord, you clearly play online. So maybe some campaign notes or character sheets?
>>
>>81311225
Schizo, lmao
>>
>>81311411
Absolutely not.
>>
File: 1623910960677.jpg (212 KB, 1300x1848)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>81311464

Ah, so you are a nogames faggot. Got it. gr8 b8 m8 i r8 1/8
>>
>>81311485
I'm not going to be tricked into revealing details that will enable you to contact my players and cause unnecessary drama.
>>
>>81310974
Friends usually.
>>
>>81311208
>I'm not hurting them in any way,
The fact that they would apparently react strongly enough to demand you stop doing so if they knew implies that being recorded without their permission does in fact hurt them in some way.
>>
>>81305854
Perv.
>>
>>81311876
Bullshit.
>>
>>81311755
>nuh-uh i totally play games for real~!
Uh-uh, totally.
>>
>>81308636
>People don't use security cameras to record their friends. And when they have friends over to visit, they don't look over the security feed to keep an archive of their goings on.
Why is it different? You're being recorded 24/7 by various entities, why does it matter if it's your friend? Do you also slap their phone out of their hand whenever you meet with them?
>>
>Listen, I don't think there's anything wrong with it.
>I'm super excited by the fact that I get to record them without their knowledge, it's such a rush.
oh this is just a kink, that's why he gets angry when people say it's weird and that he shouldn't do it. jerk off before posting bub
>>
File: 1614536203553.png (410 KB, 540x363)
410 KB
410 KB PNG
>>81309543
>>
>>81312784
>Do you also slap their phone out of their hand whenever you meet with them?
Only when I'm trying to convince them to go Punisher on sex offenders
>>
>>81305883
>how is it fucked up? its not any more fucked than if they only ever typed their responses and you copy pasted everything to a notepad. whats the problem?
Recording people who don't know they are being recorded, especially in an intimate setting like a DND game, is widely regarded as a 'dick move'
>>
>>81313928
Why don't they know though? They're being recorded all the time everywhere else, so why not here?
>>
>>81312784
>You're being recorded 24/7 by various entities, why does it matter if it's your friend?
First off, if you're autistic enough to think that the FBI and CIA have rootkits on 100% of the US and are literally doing packet-level intercepts on every communication in the US, you're retarded and think the fed's basically Almighty God.
Moving on to the actual point, if you're recording our interactions covertly, there's basically 3 options here:
1. You're trying to accumulate blackmail material on me for future leverage. That tells me you aren't actually my friend, just a psycho who wants to use me.
2. You're a paranoiac who thinks I'm going to accuse you of sexual harassment or some shit and therefore are recording all of our interactions to prove otherwise. In that case, you have trust issues so severe that I don't think we'd really be ABLE to be friends.
3. You're getting off to violating my privacy, like OP/(You), which means that you don't actually respect my personal boundaries and autonomy as a human being and just want to use me as an accessory to your perversion.
In all three cases, you're either abusing trust or there's no trust there to begin with. If I loan you my car and you scrape it up and respond with some weak shit of "of, so irrational, you didn't SAY I couldn't use your car to enter a demolition derby and I didn't mention it because I knew you'd get so irrational about it" or some shit that wouldn't fly either.
>>
>>81313981
>They're being recorded all the time everywhere else, so why not here?
>>81314015
>if you're autistic enough to think that the FBI and CIA have rootkits on 100% of the US and are literally doing packet-level intercepts on every communication in the US, you're retarded and think the fed's basically Almighty God.
>>
>>81314015
>>First off, if you're autistic enough to think that the FBI and CIA have rootkits on 100% of the US and are literally doing packet-level intercepts on every communication in the US, you're retarded and think the fed's basically Almighty God.
What year is it time traveler?
>>
>>81314049
2021. It's okay that you don't actually know how digital communication networks and the laws surrounding them work, anon.
>>
File: tg-15.jpg (45 KB, 750x761)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>81305854
>>
>>81314072
Are you implying that the bodies responsible for enforcing the laws obey them?
>>
>>81314148
Are you implying that government corruption is a stark binary instead of a gradient?
Even if we lived in your fantasy world where the US federal government were hideously, completely and irredeemably corrupt and wanted to spy on literally all internet traffic and computers all the time, they would not be able to do this, and they CERTAINLY wouldn't be able to do this and seamlessly conceal it unless they also have the power to rewrite the laws of thermodynamics and arbitrarily alter how the entire infrastructure of the internet worked instantly on a whim.
>>
>>81311123
>>81311259
You will not find any hobby without a bunch of weirdos also in it, period.
>Anime and pedos
>Furries and zoophiles
>Weapons/firearms and schizos
>Video games and raging autistics
>Etc.
If you want to avoid any and all weirdos forever, then don't have a hobby that involves other people in the slightest.
>>
>>81305845
If you don't share it, seems like a victimless "crime" to me in and of itself. But you may want to look into whatever thought process created the discrepancy between
>I just like having a record of our adventures
and
> It's legal where we live [...] How does this make you feel?

There's getting a kick out of "getting away with it" + fishing for comments online calling you a naughty naughty boy to make you feel like you got away with something even bigger thing, which means your ego is getting stroked even harder.
And then there's doing all this and telling yourself you've done nothing wrong: Lying about your motives to seem innocent ("I just like having a record"), researching whether it's a crime, defending yourself in the thread against a variety of attacks, etc.

Is this what this thread is really about? You know strangers arguing online never ends with compromise or learning experiences, it only ends with both sides getting more entrenched in their views - and it's clear that people would take issue with how you treat your co-players.
Truthfully, are you just here to entrench yourself in your own view that you're a good person? Get rid of the guilty/shameful aftertaste after getting your rocks off?

It's clear you know you're a bad person, but because that doesn't sit well with your massive ego, you fed anons and yourself some BS about how you did it because you like keeping a record.
Same ego that you did the recording for: The thrill of cleverly getting away with something is purely for your ego.

Keep that ego in check or it'll take over your life. Feeding the beast makes it grow larger.
You're already at the point where you need to construct a definition of "good person" for yourself that nobody else agrees with. You're gonna end up with a totally warped view of yourself and the world if you keep this up.

>>81305860
To be fair, he didn't call the other players his friends. He may have been just LFG for some suckers to get his rocks off.
>>
>>81314710
>He may have been just LFG for some suckers to get his rocks off.
That doesn't really make it much better.
>>
>>81305859
No, what has really happened is, he's asked them, and they refused, he asked them again, with a little pleading, and when they still refused, he did it anyway.
I figured as much from the start, he seemed like the kind of DM to do what he wants, regardless of how other people would feel about it.
I'm the only one who "knows" he's doing it, but it's not like I can prove it, so there isn't anything I can do about it. Fortunately for me, I'm a straight shooter, but the others are more private and shy individuals, and it would fuck them up pretty bad if they found out they were being recorded all this time.
>>
>>81314329
Your list is garbage. Here, let me put it more correctly:
>Anime and pedos
>Furries(zoophiles) and pedos
>Weapons/firearms and pedos
>Video games and pedos

But this entire thread is a perfect example of why you should never play online. Just fucking don't.
>>
Trying way too hard to fit in, mate.
>>
It makes me feel like you need better bait.
>>
>>81305854
Based autist.
I wish my players had 10% of this kind of drive for a session.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.