[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1626278828791.jpg (618 KB, 1078x1074)
618 KB
618 KB JPG
More shitposting edition

>Resources (Rules, lore, and Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay)
WFB: https://pastebin.com/qVGrgwwh
WFRP: https://pastebin.com/inbyBsR6
Novels: https://pastebin.com/PFqPDr0H

>Warhammer Wikis
https://warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Alternative Models (WiP)
https://pastebin.com/xPeM9szL

>Warhammer Video Games
https://pastebin.com/bqTNOPkR

Previous >>81294988
>>
fuck vidya, fuck nuGW, fuck jannies, fuck trannies, fuck $0y, fuck pauldrones, fuck consoomers
>>
>>81303170
uhhh based?
>>
Cathay was a peer to nekehara at nekehara's height but unlike nekehara, cathay never fell.

Would I personally have maybe toned down the fantasticality a little bit? yes. But cathay still merits being pretty high up on the fantasticality scale.
>>
>>81303262
I will not dispute that.

But to fit the setting, they're going to have to show some aspect of social decay or corruption.
>>
>>81303276
yeah and they probably will in TOW but total war barely gives a shit about that shit for any faction
>>
>>81303326
well, for the actual dark factions they do but they massively tone down the flaws of the order factions
>>
>>81303326
This too is far. However their decay should probably still be reflected in some respect.

Obviously it wouldn't be shown in the trailer, but without that aspect they really just seem like a Mary Sue faction when considered next to all the other races who have to deal with so much shit.

e.g.
The fractious nature of the Empire is shown through its Imperial Authority, where you need to placate all the provinces.

The Dwarfs have several events and issues showing how they do not forgive, and their grudges are supposed to be an important mechanic.

The Lizardmen technology isn't about developing, but reclaiming some of their lost knowledge.

Bretonnia shows their societal garbage with pretty much every voice-line in the faction.
>>
>>81303393
It kinda seems like their issue is going to be "the emperor's kids are almost as keen to fight each other as they are to fight the actual enemy."

Ha, i just realized that would basically make it basically "cathay: 8 princes" even though Three kingdoms 8 princes was a flop
>>
>>81303170
Thank you for the homage. Fuck GW for ruining the return of Fantasy with chink pandering.
>>
>>81303262
Both Cathay and Kislev got hit with the 'current GW' design stick that is unable to design a faction without over emphasis on a couple aspects to the point of stupidity. Arguably Cathay didn't get hit quite as hard as Kislev with 'muh bear muh ice', but they did clearly want to go for a The Great Wall vibe which isn't the worst thing that could have happened.
>>
>>81303482
its literally so easy. just do late medieval china and russia and sprinkle in a few fantasy elements here and there. but no, the zoomers will be bored!
frankly tho, i kind of preferred leaving cathay as a bit of a mystery. its nice when the whole world isnt super explored and defined. it also let players who really want to make a cathay army be that much more creative in what they do
>>
>>81303482
I don't disagree which is kinda why i said i personally would have toned it down a bit, but if anyone's going to be hit with "current GW design" the country that was a peer to nekehara but never got the nagash treatment is 100% the least bad candidate.
>>
File: 1500894210106.jpg (806 KB, 1280x1736)
806 KB
806 KB JPG
Imagine a character manly enough to choke a fucking dragon to death. None of the named characters could manage that.
>>
>>81303535
>its literally so easy. just do late medieval china and russia and sprinkle in a few fantasy elements here and there. but no, the zoomers will be bored!
Again, cathay was a peer to nekehara. It could stand to be toned down a LITTLE but as much as you are advocating would not match its place in the setting.
>>
>>81303535
They seem to be super afraid of having a lot of cross over between Empire/Kislev/Cathay for some reason. There was no reason they couldn't have been regular armies with a handful of mystical/magic units rather than focused on all this shit. But I guess this is what happens when they don't have old tabletop source material to really follow.
>>
>>81303551
the whole point of whfb is that the vast majority of any army is typically basic dudes in basic armor with basic weapons, not some backflipping ponces in super ornate armor (>inb4 muh chaos warriors). Even nehekharan infantry is fairly down to earth. if you take away the fact that they're skellingtons, they look pretty similar to what i imagine the average egyptian infantryman would be
>>
>>81303551
Not hard to justify though since whilst they could have been really fantastical back in the days of Nehekara, the advent of gun powder and some degree of industrialisation would give rise to a simpler empire less reliant upon these fantastic elements.
>>
>>81303344
>play Creative Assembly dark elves
>We are druchii!
>literally just an elf skin

>read Warhams that has dark elves not even as the protagonist
>taken literally they're cannibalistic nazi sadists
>taken with nuance they simply justify all their actions, their consequences and the state of the world with something approximating the worst qualities in human beings, but are a completely functioning dysfunctional society with warped values that required a council of edgelords to imagine in the first place

But that's not to complain really, the video games never go into the interesting things because for a video game the interesting parts are spectacle followed by wit.
>>81303393
>but without that aspect they really just seem like a Mary Sue faction
Weren't the T'au like this originally in 40K? Then they became a very Warhammer faction with Chinese characteristics, to put it one way.
>>
>>81303607
This. The moment they start making this crazy stuff commonplace is the moment it loses its charm. There is some leeway for an RTS of course given you need to have top tier units available, but putting emphasis on this stuff as common in their lore misses the grounding of the setting.
>>
>>81303607
that's a much fairer argument when you put it like that, but also that's uh... not really what you're going to put the focus on in your trailer
>>
>>81303619
warhammer doesn't really have any magic/tech dichotomy that would drive that, the empire for example is industrializing AND ramping up it's reliance on wizards simultaneously.

I think if they were "the empire, but chinese" it would genuinely drive a question of "how the fuck were these people supposed to be peers to nekehara?"
>>
File: 1503946224500.png (234 KB, 500x658)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
You know what I just realized, which is sad? Cathay doesn't have an established history, at least compared to other parts of the Warhammer world. We'd probably be less mad if we had a proper timeline of events to explain how things came to be and made everything feel like it had a proper place. Instead we're just thrown a whole faction with no history or connection to the rest of the world.

Sure TOW will probably fix this - and by the fact that Cathay will exist there, other places off TOW map like Nehekhara and Lustria have a chance - but now we've opened up a huge chunk of the world that will need more fleshing out. They can't just leave Cathay with the Hung and the odd Dark Elf raiders, they'll probably have to do Ind and Nippon too. And then how do you manage to have literally the entire globe able to battle each other, like a wargame will inevitably require excuses for? It's too big.
>>
>>81303634
>Weren't the T'au like this originally in 40K?
Tau were never true Mary Sues. Granted their existence is one giant deus ex given the context of the setting, but beyond a handful of poorly thought out lore snippets they never really had significant power beyond holding their own territory. Which it was always emphasised that they could only do because major factions couldn't properly focus on their destruction due to having to fight multiple wars themselves. What people complained about what that the Tau seemed too good or noble in nature for the setting until some of the shadier elements were introduced, with the bigger elements of that not even being introduced by GW themselves but via Dawn of War.
>>
>>81303687
To add to that last part, it's a shitton of work to give the entire rest of the map that hadn't been fleshed out lore and a timeline and everything. Which likely means a lot of effort will be taken away from the old factions we used to love, especially with GW juggling two other wargames - unless GW just sticks with a narrower "present" around the starting date, which is sad because one of the theories was we might jump around different dates in the past, and that seems less possible now with all the new blanks needing filled in.
>>
>>81303677
Yes but wizards aren't commonplace to the extent that these trailers make out all the mystical shit to be for Cathay. And it isn't like an empire hasn't fallen from grace before so having them be great in the past, go through some calamity or civil war etc, then being a semi functioning empire now would not be out of place. Pushing for a return to past glory is a perfectly fine motivation for an empire too.
>>
File: 1547559403135.png (90 KB, 293x536)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>>
>>81303731
yeah but the empire's wizard production is "what three elves managed to jury rig together 200 years ago." Least fantastical possible interpretation of cathay is still gonna have a 4000 year magical tradition informing them how to figure out who has magical potential and teach them to make use of it
>>
>>81303687
>>81303721
>implying they'll put any thought into it
lol dude its EZ. Ind = turban elephanty bois. Nippon = dragon ronin samurai ninjas n shieeeet. Buy moar funko pops. Also all ur dudes fight each other because, uh... magic mcguffins! There, fixed it.
t. James Workshop
>>
>>81303607
>not some backflipping ponces in super ornate armor (>inb4 muh chaos warriors).
?
>>
>>81303760
Yes but how many years of secret Tzeentch fuckery has gone on behind the scenes thanks to his disciples infiltration. If Cathay is so powerful with all this stuff then one has to ask the question how Ogres are still a problem for them, and why they haven't dealt with the Chorf and Chaos problem already.
>>
>>81303797
Kinda good point? But they do have very basic bitch spear and bow elves. Those are all elites there.
>>
Cathay good. Simple as.
>>
>>81303819
i'm not arguing that they have to be THIS powerful and fantastical specifically, just that they really do merit being more fantastical than "the empire, but chinese"
>>
>>81303750
Cool
>>
File: elf spearmen.jpg (370 KB, 1080x1170)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>81303797
see, if you weren't a secondary, you would know that the White Lions are an elite unit of the setting's ubermensch race. No shit, they're going to be fancy. here is what basic elf units looks like. nowhere near as ornate
>>
>>81303693
I loved the first Tau Codex so much.

Hate what they turned into.
>>
File: 1515362820381.jpg (4.57 MB, 5312x2988)
4.57 MB
4.57 MB JPG
>>
File: 1579033981283.jpg (258 KB, 1291x899)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>
>>81303760
>alot of assumptions to justify one shitty trailer.

its equally possible the only part of cathay that remained for those 4000 is the dragons.

cathay people culture knowledge (outside of dragons) could have fallen to shit repeatedly over those 4000 years
>>
>>81303899
Same. There is a handful of newer units I like, like the Ghostkeel, but overall their aesthetic and design philosophy changed too much.
>>
>>81303943
>led by absolute monarchs with knowledge older than the coming of the old ones who impart that knowledge as per the trailer says(Miao Yin says so)
>"Nah, they wouldn't have such a source for information"
>>
Wasn't there a story about sigmar entering the realm of chaos, swinging ghal maraz around before realizing chaos was immortal and walking out?
>>
>>81304013
there are stories about lots of things, half of them contradictory
>>
File: Grand_Cathay_Map.jpg (25 KB, 602x458)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>81303886
So when we get to see the foot soldiers of any of the Cathay factions, what makes you think they'll have gold, let alone soulstones, in their helmets?
>>
>>81304021
not really helpful,
>>
>>81303995
Nothing to say that the Dragon Emperor didn't take a few centuries off only to come back and find everything went to shit without his supervision. That would even be an excellent justification for having the dragon kids so they can look after the empire when he couldn't be fucked.
>>
File: dark_elves_army_book_6th.jpg (246 KB, 1140x1532)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
>>81303687
Cathay only exist in WtOW because some stupid Chinkoid new rich faggot funded it. God, I fucking hate these fucking Nottingham faggots who will compromise on their principles for a quick fucking buck and betray their entire civilization for some fucking chinkoid funny-money. Fuck Andy Hoare, that fucking literal chinkoid-pandering WHORE. Like shit. Just take their money and replicate the fucking European grimdark fantasy that WFB is supposed to be.

I fucking hate nuGW and am so fucking angry at this Cathay crap. No elves. No beastmen. Not even fucking universally-reviled Chaos fucking things up. No. We get fucking chink crap.

I hope these people fucking die of COVID. Fucking loser assholes.
>>
File: 1624741160548.png (922 KB, 1147x812)
922 KB
922 KB PNG
>>
File: tNi8gWh.png (1.79 MB, 1380x954)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB PNG
>>
File: mayumi.png_large.png (543 KB, 667x900)
543 KB
543 KB PNG
>>81303103
I'm gonna be honest giant terracotta warriors are really cool
>>
File: 1558846187808.jpg (201 KB, 778x1024)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
I like this guy's banner/advertisement. Good callback and looks good on its own.
>>
File: 1557188474713.jpg (304 KB, 1080x1306)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>
>>81304120
>weeb
>having taste dictated by uwu cute no nose grill
Name a more iconic duo
>>
>>81304093
GW wants you to buy a new army for ToW instead of using currently made models or your old army
>>
>>81304120
Based taste.
>>
>>81303995
>>led by absolute monarchs with knowledge older than the coming of the old ones
>the dragons er.. gods er.. DRAGON GODS! MARISU AND GARISU! WITH KUNGFU ACTION!

God it really is going to be a complete shitfest isn't it.
>>
>>81304222
Yup, and the zoomies are gonna eat it up
>>
>>81304222
>get into whfb to avoid the Le Epic God Centerpiece Models (TM)
>they will now be in whfb too
REEEEE
>>
>>81304177
But I'm not going to do that. I'm going to spend my billions of trust fund dollars on actual fucking WFB minis that GW no longer sells. Fuck China.
>>
>>81304438
the armies GW currently makes will suffer a fate of being dripfed to you over 4 years and remade with people trying to gatekeep old armies
>>
>>81304495
>remade with people trying to gatekeep old armies
Sounds like a consolation prize. Fuck China.
>>
>>81303262
Cathay had the benefit having the Dragon Emperor who's literally an Immortal Dragon to guide it for the next 2500 years. Nekehara had Settra but unfortunately he was a mortal. Guess who ruined Nekehara after Settra's passing?
>>
>>81303262
Chink detected, fuck Cathay.
>>
>>81304093
>>81304438
>>81304507
Have you considered going into Battletech? A lot of 40K players moved over to Battletech the shit GW pulled with Warhammer+.
>>
>>81304438
Honestly I have spent like €3000 this year on eBay and only have like 200 models lol
>>
>>81304596
Unfortunately BT is getting infested with trannies, gays, and leftists now so I wouldn't advise it. Not even memeing.
>>
>>81304093
How do they even know that it will even sell there? Even if it is popular, the Chinks will just buy fake knockoffs or 3D print them themselves.
>>
>>81303433
When is ToW suppose to come out?
>>
File: 1488531327582.png (1.63 MB, 687x888)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
>>81304616
Half this thread has old armies, third parties and recasts, and by the same token refuses to buy new shit. Even if only 1 out of 20 Chinese dudes buy legit models (at least 70 million people), that's a huge number compared to half of a dwindling fanbase that might maybe cash in. It'd be foolish of GW to entirely rely on nostalgia from an old market they already spurned several times - new customers make sense. And it might force some old players to buy the brand new army, so win-win for the businessmen.
>>
>>81304863
You know, with the whole <18 years old Video Game Ban for Minors in China, a lot of them will be looking for a new hobby.
>>
>>81303540
Let's see.
Gotrek
Nakai
Gor-Rok
Kroq-Gar
Founder of blood dragon bloodline
Probably many others I forgot.
>>
>>81304616
Based Chinamen, crafting their own goods and making their fun with their own two hands. If only western wargamers weren't so cucked by oppressive copyright law...
>>
This conversion work?
>>
>>81304495
>gatekeep

Try it, I play 6E with old models and proxies, I don't care.
>>
>>81304979
your fingerprints are all over it but it's cool in concept
>>
>>81305004
not him, but i actually think its cool. it kind of gives the tentacle a leathery texture. i wonder if it will be visible after painting
>>
>>81304577
I'd fuck Miao Yin, yes.
>>
File: 1601177187865.jpg (10 KB, 235x214)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
/40kg/ here. How does it feel knowing that GW sold out your game to Xi?
>>
>>81304993
Anon you are a minority in this thread and groups surrounding complaining about all things Warhammer fantasy related.
>>
>>81305083
>your game

TOW is not WHFB, anybody talking about it here is an off topic shitposter.
>>
>>81305083
Good.
>>
File: nbdbtgxszkf61.png (539 KB, 680x485)
539 KB
539 KB PNG
I thought the trailer was pretty good. The only thing I'm pissed about is that it was delayed until 2022.
>>
>>81304093
You were never wanted and won't be missed
>>
>>81304610
Anon that "infestation" is just old BT fanbase. You just never knew that those people were what made up most of non GW wargame groups.
>>
Anybody who actually likes WHFB should take a dnd OSR attitude, ignore everything after a certain date and focus on hobby, homebrew and community over shilling corporate bullshit.
>>
It's fucking tabletop gaming, it's always been a safe haven for misfits and oddballs.
>>
>>81305222
As someone who plays 40k and fantasy not using GW rules at all I agree. Like the settings and the models, throw away shit system and have fun. Heck write your own stuff for it.
>>
>>81304934
Genius, except I doubt China will manage to enforce the ban. Too many tech workarounds. But if they do, GW is fucking lucky.
>>
File: Asarnil_the_Dragonlord.png (846 KB, 474x656)
846 KB
846 KB PNG
>>81304941
See the hard part is wrapping your hands around that neck. Sure it's sinuous but it ain't dainty. Even if we allow for a chokehold, that's a lot of force needed.
>>
>>81305252
Have you see size of some old lizardmen. Nakai most definitely got the hands to strangle that fucker.
>>
>>81304979
Neat, I can imagine a clear border if you want the tentacled inside to be lighter than the outside, but I'd try smoothing it a little first. Especially that small scratch near the inside of the curve. Should be some sculpting tools out there meant for working clay.
>>
>>81305157
>Anon that "infestation" is just old BT fanbase.
Bullshit. All the fucking gay and trans rights shit on the BT FB groups didn't start until recently. Prior to that most arguments were over whether a paint scheme was lore accurate, pro clan or anti clan, and why the Wobbies did nothing wrong.
>>
>>81305244
Does GW even sell stuff in China?
>>
>>81304979
Looks like a slug. You could give it eyes and antenna
>>
>>81305295
Anon those aren't trans or gay people. Those are arch worshipers trying to stir shit. I know because my local community is mostly gay itself. There are like two straight dudes in it
>>
>>81305262
I love that mental image. At least there is some degree of dignity in a dragon getting punked by the superior predators like a Dread Saurian or Carnosaur, but imagine the REEEE from dying by being choked out by a roided up Kroxigor.
>>
>>81305307
The more important question is how many of your local community are clanners or cappies.
>>
>>81305310
This is why I love that mental image. Death by kroxigor is just best shit ever. Always love to see it in any setting I get, be it bloodbowl, fantasy or AoS
>>
>>81305318
Mixture mostly from what I seen, thought since community itself is not that old due to how table top game came into the country, clanners are more numerous.
>>
>>81305318
>cappies
capybaras?
>>
>>81303170
based

>>81303433
>>81303535
>>81303607
>>81303639
>>81303886
>>81303782
>>81303687
>>81304093

also very based
so far a good thread, all I wanna see are a Dogs of War faction(s) probably wont happen but eh
>>
Anyone know any good files for Tomb Kings? onepagerules free testers didn't come out good in my 3D printer.
>>
>>81305333
>clanners are more numerous
Warm up those ACs then.

>>81305341
Capellans, it's a faction.
Imagine some capybaras in giant stompy robots tho
>>
>>81305362
Anon you just described the less chaotic and more competent cousin of skaven I feels.
>>
File: big_1496148706_image.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
So ive been thinking

All this Cathay stuff has "the old world" slapped onto its concept art images
....but nowhere is it actually said they're being part of The Old World?
The main article doesnt say it
Comments from the WHC team on social media dont say it
Etc etc
Unlike say, Kislev, where they said in one of the articles that Kislev you see ingame are exactly what the models will be

Surely, if Cathay was coming to ToW, they wouldve confirmed it?
Just an observation is all
>>
>>81305382
They said something about making 8e rules for them but I heard that on this site and didn't look myself.
>>
>>81305391
They said they made special rules for them for 8th ed and gave them to CA to adapt to videogame form

But obviously, thats 8th
Maybe its just a hint that Cathay was in the pipeline before the plug was pulled
>>
>>81305425
>in the pipeline before the plug was pulled
I doubt it, there were way more relevant factions in the works before GW dropped the ball.
>>
>>81305429
yeah like the Fishmen
>>
>>81303482
Kislev got hit really hard by "ice and bear" but generally droping 17st Polish commonwealth/Muscovite desing is even worse. My pet theory someone in office has a bright moment of lore autism of "Old world will be set in the pass, so Kislev should look like pass version of itself before Boris modernisation" and turned them into Kiev Rus.
>>
>>81305493
I said "relevant" so I obviously meant real factions
>>
File: cappyfract.png (1.21 MB, 698x841)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>81305372
Truly the order faction we needed
>>
>>81305496
I am more inclined to believe that GW is just still retarded when it comes to design and can't understand that things can be designed without focusing on a couple of elements. It is something that has plagued them for a long while now, arguably starting with some of the Space Marine Chapter re-designs.
>>
File: 1623461794477.jpg (337 KB, 1700x1700)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
>>81305496

How far back are they going? In the time before Boris , the Tsarina was turned into a vampire and ended up ruling for 150 years until her family managed to kill her. (2310 - 2450-ish)

And the whole place was generally a mess because when Magnus the Pious slapped Asavar Kul's shit it caused the survivors of the chaos horde to splinter and go running all through Kislev and Norsca.
>>
>>81303103
Why do you pretend that you play or even just collect warhammer?
>verification not required.
>>
>>81305606
Who is this question directed at?
>>
>>81305582
TOW seems to generally be set at the end of the age of the three emperors and lead-in into the great invasion of chaos so about 250-300 years ago
>>
>>81303687
>Sure TOW will probably fix this
You retards will never learn lol.
>>
File: 20210915_104641.jpg (553 KB, 1000x1192)
553 KB
553 KB JPG
>>81303886
see, if you weren't illiterate, you would have realised that the units focused on in the trailer elite units of the setting's kung fu race. No shit, they're going to be fancy. here is what basic gook units looks like. nowhere near as ornate

>Grand Cathay is also one of the most populous nations in the Old World, formed as it is from hundreds of tribes that gathered under the Celestial Dragon Emperor in years gone by. Thus, it has legions to call upon when needed, with the less trained forming a fragile but effective frontline, wielding weapons and riding horses as required. Though they are cheaper troops, their power level can far out-strip their cost when used in proper Harmony.
>>
>>81305621
Yeah, TWW3 will fix it when it reveals the history of Cathay.
TOW will help expand it though and I'm looking forward to it. Haven't done so from a GW launch in years.
>>
File: 7-9-ENG.png (581 KB, 960x1200)
581 KB
581 KB PNG
>>81305644
>power level
>>
>>81305671
Maybe it has something to do with their unique harmony mechanic?
>>
>>81305668
>Cathay was a peer to nekehara at nekehara's height but unlike nekehara, cathay never fell.
Exactly what basememnt dwelling corporate shill/yesman would say
>>
>>81305644
>less trained forming a fragile but effective frontline
this is a fucking oxymoron.
>>
Is Pastebin Anon still around?
>>
>poster leader of cathay is a woman
>crushing majority of soldiers given screentime longer than a second on trailer are women
clap clap
>>
>>81305723
>what are bretonnian paesants or skaven slaves?
>>
>>81305606
Vidya games.
>>
>>81305757
Hae you ever heard word "effective" used to describe peasant/skavenslaves "battleline"?
>>
>>81305723
oxymorons are cosntructions where contradictory terms are used to express something logically sound, so it wouldn't be a problem if it was
>>
>>81303276
Agreed. If they're leaning so hard into basic shit about China, perhaps show a warped or even more fucked version of confucianism. The trailer sort of hints at the workers and stuff being mindless drones, but who knows, I don't think gw is that based t b h.
>>
>>81303540
Norsca is boring as shit. Same for chaos in general.
>>
>watched the trailer
>catahy is a lost cause like kislev
>hordes of tzeentch disc raiders
>>
File: D674WLX.png (1.59 MB, 1282x646)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
Looks like Cathay is going to be a slower army based on pike and shot tactics. If I had to guess, it sounds like a Dwarf army that's traded some of the staying power for speed and utility.

The trailer shows their ground game opening with a grenadier/handgun unit that fires a volley to soften up the enemy and then lets the pikes move up to receive the enemy charge. They have some kind of aer cavalry , that winged horse unit, but it doesn't really get shown

I'm guessing the empire will still have everyone beat for sheer magic utility though, because Cathay has some kind of dragon sorcerer thing going on. Probably restricting magic to the nobility and people who are connected to the celestial dragon family.
>>
Lmfao I got banned from the Warhammer: The Old World facebook group for saying that GW was pandering to the CCP. Sad. Imagine what our ancestors would have thought after learning you can get socially ostracized for criticizing communism. Insanity.
>>
>>81305821
Chaos can be fun. But only old school chaos where chaos was shit. Chaos warband that barely survives and is made of the worst of the worst creatures and cultists is awesome.
>>
>>81305840
>Looks like Cathay is going to be a slower army based on pike and shot tactics.
Nobody gives a fuck. It's going to be a failed edition. Probably worse than 8th.
>>
>>81305771
yes
have you ever played warhammer?
>>
File: Wardancers.jpg (141 KB, 449x650)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>81303797
Wood elves probably a better way to illustrate your point. Vast majority of high elves fight in a very basic way, white lions are not particularly common, just like sword masters.
>>
>>81305848
>Probably
anon...
>>
>>81305866
>retard thinks that fluff and gameplay = the same
>thinks that players calling something "effective" = fluff
>>
>>81305874
Definitely. Sorry!
>>
>>81305870
Reminder that wardancers>swordmasters in terms of skill
>>
>>81305866
Have you?
>>
>>81305802
>more fucked version of confucianism.

>zealous cultists of the celestial dragons subdue a neighbouring city to fuel the hungry industry of war in the northern bastion, following the "proclamation of order and unity" by the dragon emperor
>1560 IC. colorized
https://youtu.be/B5JcJWK94pk?t=2504
>>
>>81305843
Good point, agreed. I almost like the idea that chaos warbands having no actual territory, living in the wild and dark corners of the empire exclusively and rarely uniting to do some real damage to the empire. As of later editions it came across like they were just hanging around waiting to steamroll the thing. To me at least.
>>
>>81305880
>>retard thinks that fluff and gameplay = the same
you do realise that the passage is referring to gameplay there, don't you?
>>
>>81305892
Yes, which is why I can tell you that cheap, numerous chaff was the most popular kind of unit to make an anvil
>>
>>81305866
Yes I have and neither of that unit is or was effective. and show me where anyone called them effective in their respective army books
>>
File: raptoryx.jpg (123 KB, 965x612)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
Finished my 6 raptoryx that I'll proxy as harpies for my beastmen army
Only 3 minotaurs and one shaman and the army will be done!
>>
>>81305848
About Cathay being a failed faction in Warhammer 3, sorry anon looks like people have changed their minds. A lot of the Chinese comments on Bilibili (Chinese Youtube) are now them saying that "CA canceled 3 Kingdoms to work on Cathay was totally worth it."
>>
>>81305915
Proves that you have never played as/versus bretonnia, son.
>>
>>81305929
>people have changed their minds
>A lot of the Chinese comments..."CA canceled 3 Kingdoms to work on Cathay was totally worth it"
I see you need other people to remind you how embarrasingly dumb you are
>>
File: 1631666143696.png (2.79 MB, 3000x4000)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB PNG
>>81305848

>nobody is allowed to talk about the new fantasy faction in the fantasy thread because I personally am having a panic attack over a video game trailer

Sigmar preserve us from these salty bitches
>>
>>81305897
Based.
That kind of thing would be perfect. Something to reflect the eastern way of war, there's no gentleman's agreements, just savagery, imperialism, total war and annihilation between competitors.

Having some centerpiece crazy machinery and contraptions seems like a good idea to me. Kind of link them with skryre like nippon and eshin. Giant mechanical dragon seems pretty cool to me
>>
>>81304979
Needs some work, but so far so good
>>
>>81305921
>neither of that unit is or was effective.
then you haven't played

"solid", "well worth" and "great" are good enough for you? or do you want to move the goalpost to even more literal and pedantic positions?
>>
>>81305929
Warhammer is a Western game. Fuck Chinese insects and what they think.
>>
>>81305954
Did you forget to take your meds?
>>
>>81305941
more than you, faggot

why do you think I always had a trio of salamanders if not to deal with the inevitable block of slaves?
>>
>>81305755
I like Cao Cao in that series much, much more than Lui Bei. Cao Cao is shown to be more complex and is a joy to watch, Liu Bei however seems to be unable to emote, keeps getting his ass handed to him and only managed to pull through thanks to his brothers and by the ridiculous amount of people flocking to him
>>
>>81305771
8th edition, sometimes. But that's more on 8th edition's infantry rules being kind of wacky and making mass deployment of chaff more viable (where in earlier editions they'd just get steamrolled and run down by elite units of cavalry).
>>
>>81305968
>Warhammer is a Western game
which is why not!china is stereotyped through western lenses
>>
>>81305941
24 men-at-arms escorting a damsel with icone of quenelle and carrying a polearm + shield are quite strong
>>
>>81305968
Nah, fuck you.
>>
>>81303170
BASED BASED!
>>
>>81305926
do the models even keep themselves up?
the bases look small
>>
>>81305967
And I can tell you, you stupid fag, that this excerpt makes no fucking sense whatsoever, I wonder if you can figure out why.
P.S. Goalposts moving pedant is you since this is from 5th edition where Maa had WS3 and Ld7. Still doesn't make sense but you're too dumb to see it but I guess if it was penned by GW it does to you.
>>
>>81306036
They don't rank, but as they are fliers, on the TT, they're suposed to be in loose formation. As for combat, they're on 20mm base, so I'll just tell my buddy I put all 6 on the front rank
>>
>>81305977
>"never played agianst Bretonnia"
>trio of salamanders to deal with the inevitable block of slaves
lol, are you having a stroke retard?
>>
>>81305897
really, you could take any scene of a chinese movie and pretends it's cathay
arr rook the same
https://youtu.be/DefILRrX77k
>>
>>81303886
Only secondaries care about fluff
>>
File: 1535639365192.jpg (90 KB, 447x557)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>81306071
>implying chinese culture is worthy of being nothing buy ching chang dragons and fireworks

They should be HONORED to be part of the warhammer world. Some unique and more interesting culture of the world don't have that chance
>>
>>81306045
>post literally this
>n-no not like that

>Goalposts moving pedant is you since this is from 5th edition where Maa had WS3 and Ld7
are you seriously moving the goalpost again while accusing me of doing it? are you jewish?
>>
>>81306062
it's like talking to a brainless nigger with you

can you even remember the previous posts?
>>
>>81305982
Yeah, Cao Cao owns the series. For the first part of the show Liu Bei makes a series of schizo decisions based on some weird self-made principles that actively prevent him from achieving any goal. I mean how fucked you have to be to get cucked by Lu Bu? Only after he enlists Kongming and after Pang Tong eats tons of arrows he finally matures into a proper ruler. And amount of times Zhang Fei fucks up everything is truly staggering, but that's Peach Garden Nepotism for you. Great series anyway. This is the only eastern show I actually like.
>>
>>81306101
Not him but this piece indeed makes no sense anon. Protecting M8 cavalry flanks with M4 infantry is just impossible or extrememly retarded gameplaywise.
>>
>>81304495
What about the armies they stopped making? What about tomb kings? They were retarded enough to stop production of kits they made moulds for barely 3 years before they killed Fantasy. There's no fucking way they don't start selling the Tomb Kings range again.
But, unfortunately, Cathay is going to impede that. Because apparently the ching chong faction that never had actual rules is the focus now.
>>
>>81306101
Fag, just admit you haven't played a game in your life and be done with it. Also stop projecting, you're moving the goalposts non stop but apparently being ignorant of how game actually looks like and how it plays on the tabletop prevents you from seeing how contradictory you are.
>>
>>81306114
>Peach Garden Nepotism
I loled
>>
>>81306098
Get some perspective you turdflipper.
>>
File: 20210914_142352.jpg (1.81 MB, 3039x3024)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB JPG
>>81305606
Because I do. Do you?
>>
>>81303535
The one in the trailer is supposed to be one of their great cities, and it has a daughter of their emperor ruling over it.
It s childrens would likely have elite armies at their service, as well being granted the use of terracotta constructs and more advance machinery like those balloons. Mages are present in the Empire armies, Grand Cathay armies would have them as well and we see only one mage plus the princess. And she seems the one that needs to defend the great bastion. So she should be important enough for access to those troops
Tomb Kings trailer also showed off their power, and what was the personal army of Settra.
I recon Cathay has also standard infantry for tier one, they just didn't show it in the trailer.
>>
>>81306178
so first you claim that's contradictory for a frail chaff to be an effective frontline despite multiple units are already know to do it

then you move the goalpost to claim that thise don't count because the armybooks don't wank those units like that despite proof of the contrary

then you move the goalpost to claim that doesn't count because the wank is also situational or wishful

and I'm the one that supposedly moves the goalpost?

there's a reason every skaven list at the end had a large block of immovable slaves, it's because chaff units can form an effective frontline you fucking nigger kike
>>
>>81303170
Sneed! Sneed!
>>
>tfw no pooh monster for cathay
>>
>>81304044
You get what you get
>>
Are the disc riders really just Chaos Warrior model on a disc? Because that's what it looks like in the trailer
Wouldn't surprise me since CA is fucking trash
>>
>>81306299
Probably, I'm not big into Tzeentch but aren't Discs supposed to be a hero/lord mount and not the basic cavalry?
>>
>>81303103
>More shitposting edition
It's not shitposting to recognize that GW is purposefully killing WtOW with China pandering and absolute un-thematic bullshit.
>>
>>81306309
it's going to be like hyppogriph cavalry or bear knights. It's probably a thing, but never had models or important part in the story.
>>
File: cant relax.jpg (32 KB, 500x425)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Geez... The whole Cathay thing just getting me yikes but do we really need that amount of hysterical meltdown ?

Does everyone now need to have strong takes on everything ?

That being said, I must say, I enjoy watching all this outrage.

Plz proceed.
>>
File: 1631630550416.webm (2.69 MB, 1280x720)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB WEBM
>>81306299
seems so

CA is not taking any initiative whatsoever with chaos since they decided to hamfist together monstrous arcanum units into their own misshapen thing
>>
File: 8fe.jpg (45 KB, 600x520)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>81306319
>>
>>81306345
So dissapointing, and Cathay is just extremely generic ancient china shit with tons of recycled assets from Three Kingdoms. Wish they would actually spend time on the Chaos armies instead of wasting it on boring China faction
>>
>>81306251
you could technically make a mod about a recolour of the elemental bear of kislev and enjoy the resulting meltdown
>>
>>81306309
Yes, Dsics were daemon mounts aka very rare and speshul.
>>81306318
You can't really compare these two (three) anon.
>>
>>81306114
>And amount of times Zhang Fei fucks up everything is truly staggering
To be fair, he's a butcher turned "general" who likes to drink and fight.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.06 MB, 4000x2579)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
>>81305606
Here, have some cocks
>>
File: file.png (896 KB, 548x834)
896 KB
896 KB PNG
>>81306395
>halflings
>against humanity
I FUCKING KNEW IT!
>>
File: discs1.jpg (83 KB, 350x514)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>81306309
so were juggernauts of khorne, steeds of slaanesh, rotflies of nurgle etc
>>
>>81306358
You missed the end of my post.
But at least you get me laughing.

PS : >>81303170
based.
>>
>>81306404
Yesterday I found a WD with Marius vs Moot article. Wonder if people realize he was actually right and his motifs were justifable, not only a meme
>>
>>81306007
Go to bed, Chang.
>>
>>81306417
>>
File: Tzeentch2.jpg (225 KB, 727x1024)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>81306470
>>
>>81306483
>>
>>81306378
Zhang Fei was an epitome of raging, violent retard and Liu Bei was guilty of keeping him in position of importance.
>>
File: Discs_of_Tzeentch2.jpg (13 KB, 230x151)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>81306501
>>
>>81306510
ew
>>
>>81306510
gay
>>
>>81303103
Hey, is pic related out? If so, anyone have a pdf version?
>>81305606
I don't pretend, I don't play with minis or table top RPG. Just some vidya, but rarely. I visit this general rarely too.
I don't like Warhammer that much anyway, I just like some aspects of dark elves (and would use them as template for my own dark elves), some art and so on.
>>
>stop playing with the group thanks to lockdowns
>abandon WHF threads at the same time
>wonder what has happened
>return months later
>SECONDARIES SECONDARIES EVERYONE BUT ME IS SECONDARIES
>CHINA GOOD I LOVE XI
>CHINA BAD I HATE GENOCIDE
>NO YOU ARE TROLLED NOT ME
>NO YOU ARE BUTTHURT

Oh thank god nothing changed.
>>
File: _20210915_120437.jpg (81 KB, 615x542)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>81306309

They were, but there is some precedent in spinning rare mounts into regular units with things like Skullcrushers or the old Changebringers. I suspect that if Tzeentch was ever expanded into a full army book you would probably have seen units of Disc-Riders as Special/Rare.
>>
>>81306549
>stop playing with the group thanks to lockdowns
Weak excuse, lockdowns were lifted months ago
>>
>>81306559
I am not a burger, thank you.
>>
File: img_20180421_1643511.jpg (559 KB, 1478x1108)
559 KB
559 KB JPG
>>81306528
>>81306532
what do you have against rainbowpizza the disc of tzeentch?
don't tell me you fell for the psyop of giving up the rainbow to the globohomo

btw posting sum more tzeentch
>>
File: img_20180421_1319331.jpg (648 KB, 1478x1108)
648 KB
648 KB JPG
>>81306571
I'm posting these because I see them as one of the few times a modern interpretation of tzeentch has captured the oldhammer aesthetic

and because fish riders are a more interesting mount choice for tzeentch rather than more and more discs, though that was to be expected
>>
File: img_20180421_1232471.jpg (755 KB, 1478x1108)
755 KB
755 KB JPG
>>81306585
>>
>>81306570
I'm from Eu dude, where I live all lockdowns stopped being a thing since april/may (masks are still on in public transports and shops). And it's not like there was a home arrest beforehand.
>>
File: img_20180421_1238001.jpg (723 KB, 1478x1108)
723 KB
723 KB JPG
>>81306593
>>
File: img_20180421_1321591.jpg (653 KB, 1478x1108)
653 KB
653 KB JPG
>>81306600
>>
File: img_20180421_1306121.jpg (1.15 MB, 1478x1970)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>81306604
/
>>
>>81303103
Does anyone have a link to the 8th Edition FAQs for the individual armies?
>>
>>81306668
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/the_underempire/all-warhammer-faq-39-s-as-google-docs-t8565.html
>>
>>81306571
Looks like trypophobia shit, freaks me out
>>
>>81303170
Preach
>>
The fact that Cathay is the first substantive WtOW preview since Kislev and in the same non-Warhammer style is quite gutting. I was super hype on GW and now I don’t even want to finish my kill teams or build the High Elf army I had lined up. Will probably not even make the big tourney I signed up for next month at this rate.

Way to kill my 9-month hobby boner, James. Fuck.
>>
>>81306746
>I wanted to make an army for a long dead system no longer supported by GW but I don't like what GW does now so I quit!
Yes, better take meds
>>
>>81306746
>I was super hype on GW
tranny pls
>>
>>81306425
Why?
>>
>hurr why are the qilins having wings?
They're suposed to be longmas https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longma
>>
>>81306746
This post lacks reason and logic
>>
>>81306799

longma balls lmao
>>
>>81306799
No one gives a fuck about this stupid China crap. Fuck off.
>>
Does anyone here know what the new EiR dev diary is about?
>>
File: 9de.png (473 KB, 670x350)
473 KB
473 KB PNG
>>81306799
longmaballs
>>
>>81306802
Warhammer isn’t about Cathay or Kislev. Can’t even bring myself to post a night goblin hanging an AoS troon. We lost, WFB bros. We lost.
>>
>>81306680
>50% of your army can be Lords
>50% of your army can be Heroes
wtf, that's a huge difference from 25% for each. When the hell did they change that? What stops you from just taking Lords and no Heroes?
Also wtf do they mean by the lore of undeath is available to any wizard. Can I have my chaos sorcerer lord of tzeentch using undead spells? What about my liche high priest?
>>
File: total-war-warhammer-2.jpg (34 KB, 640x360)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
All wuxia, xianxia and ching chong shits get the fuck out. Don't shit up the thread.
>>
>>81306828
>When the hell did they change that?
those are end times changes
I think somewhere it also gives wizards more power dice

ignore that completely except the part that allows beastmen to take marks, that's cool
>>
>>81306828

End Times wank. Feel free to ignore both, they have as much relevance to 8E as mixed Chaos, mixed Elves and the superpowered incarnate characters.
Although it was quite funny to see a Daemon list running 3 Bloodthirsters.
>>
File: mariuswasright.jpg (884 KB, 923x2014)
884 KB
884 KB JPG
>>81306788
>>
>>81306838
and the putrid blightkings. Those guys are probably the most OP unit in the whole game, it's ridiculous.
>>
>>81306799
That's nice and all, but:
>Qilins and longma aren't really that separate of a concept.
>Longmas don't have wings, either. It's literally the same shit, you just swap the deer for a horse.
>>
>>81304540
The (((lichpriests)))?
>>
>>81306825
You're a retard or a total newb, people who still play WH do not give a single fuck what (nu)GW thinks, it has been a thing for years.
>>
>>81306857

They're a tough anvil but I wouldn't say they are OP. They are badly limited by still being Infantry so they only get 1 supporting attack, need 5 to a rank and they are vulnerable to killing blow. Of course they will never ever die with T5/W3/-1Hit/3+ save, but they'll also never kill anything and have the frontage of a horde.
They are a slow, unwieldy tarpit unit, avoid them as best you can and if they do catch you, they probably won't fight their way out any time soon.
Definitely better costed than Beasts of Nurgle.
>>
>>81306866
>>Longmas don't have wings, either.

>Kong Anguo's Shujing commentary explains the longma.
>A dragon horse is the [qi 氣] vital spirit of Heaven and Earth. As a being its shape consists of a horse's body, yet it has dragon scales. Therefore it is called 'dragon horse'. Its height is eight ch'ih five ts'un. A true dragon horse has wings at its sides and walks upon the water without sinking. If a holy man is on the throne it comes out of the midst of the Ming river, carrying a map on its back.
>>
>>81305891
This
>>
>>81306875
First of all, they're liche priests. Secondly, no the mortuary cult did nothing wrong. They're the only reason Nehekhara managed to stabilize itself after what Nagash did. Thirdly, Nagash also did nothing wrong.
So honestly, I blame Neferata.
>>
>>81306902
The best way to use them is by assaulting a building, as 10 of them can fight
>>
>>81306882
I play 6th/7th. Was really excited to have a supported game again and WtOW seemed great despite the first preview being a really bad Kislev take. Now with this it’s just obviously going to be bad. I love my minis but was hoping for some cool new shit to buy instead of just secondhand Middlehammer stuff. WtOW doesn’t look like it will deliver anything cool whatsoever at this point.

What the fuck is GW thinking? It’s set near the time of Mordheim and we’re getting fucking Kislev and Cathay? Why are they doing this? Objectively they’re just being assholes at this point. I’m so despondent about this situation.
>>
>>81306920
>at this point.
which is still so far ahead we haven't had a single glimpse of miniatures for bretonnians or the empire
>>
>>81306920
they know 90% of the Wtow playerbase is going to use their old minis and just buy the rulebook and 2-3 kit. They release new armies so atleast they can sold stuff.
I mean, I already own enough stuff to play. I don't need to get the new state troops or the new wood elves. Nobody does. With Kislev and Cathay, I have an excuse to start and try a new army
>>
>>81306941
The fact that they’re putting any effort at all into Cathay and Kislev is stupid and a terrible sign for the game.
>>
>>81306946
>With Kislev and Cathay, I have an excuse to start and try a new army
Fuck yourself commie. I hope we go to war with China just so GW’s shit decision to pander to them goes tits up and explodes in their face.
>>
>Still no Ind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnwEZz3F-Ao
>>
>>81306920
>WtOW seemed great despite the first preview being a really bad Kislev take
You're lying or quite dumb since Kislev was the only faction that was done in any depth in whcom article. The only other thing were the maps and if that made you think TOW is going to be great than I'm unable to understand your thought process.
>>
>>81306948
or maybe your impressions on a game and miniatures for a faction you haven't even seen are too hastily drawn from cheap promotional material for a videogame
>>
>>81306946
>I have an excuse to start and try a new army
consooooom
>>
I’ve heard 6th is more balanced than 8th. Is that why people still play 6th, or are there other reasons as well? I haven’t played either.
>>
>>81306976
>>81306980
>drawn from cheap promotional material for a videogame
They’re literally concept art pieces in the same style as Kislev with a “Warhammer: The Old World” logo featured prominently on them.
>>
>>81306984
yes, you are right, I'm sorry, Wtow will live by us just getting the pdf rulebook and not suporting the game. It's not like fantasy battle died for this very reason last time.
>>
normal people:
>I can't wait to play as my favorite armies such as the Empire, Bretonnia and Tomb Kings in TOW
GW:
>AREN'T YOU EXCITED TO PLAY AS THE SLAV FUCKING SHITS AND CHINGCHONGS?
>>
>>81306993
not neccessarily more balanced but it avoided a lot of the horde and monster rules people hated in 8th and also the units are more low key and you can't expend so many points into singular units and death stars as in 8th. All the factions were pretty much at their most complete as forces to make fun fluffy lists.
>>
>>81306857
If you think that you're actually retarded. They're a garbage unit, they're slow, they don't have ranks, they don't have many attacks since second rank has 1 attack.
You can take trolls for less points and they're gonna do much much more.
>>
>>81306946
>I don't need to get the new state troops or the new wood elves. Nobody does.
Both Empire and WE ranges are gutted wrecks with WE having 2 boxes (none of which are even bowmen). I'm sure plenty of people would like to buy old cannon/mortar set if it was available or knights.
>>
>>81306998
GW would make bank just re-issuing old armies again. Instead we get:
>>81307001
Which is a based take. Fuck GW. I’m literally both sad and angry that after all of this time and requesting WFB we get bullshit that nobody wants. Fuck China. Evergrande is going to fuck their economy so badly that the pandering will be for nothing AND James Workshop has now destroyed all the good will they’d generated for WtOW.
>>
>>81306998
>Wtow will live by us just getting the pdf rulebook and not suporting the game
You really can't get out of your "I NEED to support GW" box, do you?
>>
>>81306993

Winning in 6th requires manoeuvre, flanking and getting the charge. Armies tend towards MSU and infantrys only lifeline is +5 static resolution.
Winning in 8th requires stacking magic on your deathstar of choice and gumming up the midfield with chaff to set up favourable trades. Infantry is dominant with monstrous cavalry doing some heavy lifting.

It's been a long time since I played 6th but from memory the balance was still iffy. Bretonnia and Wood Elves were pretty hard to beat, plus Vampires and I think Skaven were top of the pile. High/Dark Elves, Ogres and Chaos were all pretty rubbish.
>>
>>81306997
yeah, cheap promotional material put together to convince secondaries that CA is totally being faithful to GW's original direction, because a great deal of their fanbase is very sensitive about CA not being faithful

you can tell that concept work is nothing like a proper design exploration because way too adherent to the final rendition, with no variants or suggestions
it's literally just a quick sketch of what they had already made to pretend there's some planning ahead
>>
>>81306998
>It's not like fantasy battle died for this very reason last time.
>blame players not GW
Go fuck youself, you simping slave
>>
>>81306993
Play 7th with 6th edition army books like a man or don’t play at all.
>>
>>81306993
The core rulebook incentivizes good play. It incentivizes good movement, looking for flanks etc. Big deathstacks are disincentivized since a flank charge from a small fast cav unit can actually break them. Magic isn't as oppressive and game winning. Units have more varied roles, since only 1 rank attacks weapons such as 2hw or spears are much better and aren't straight up inferior to gws.
>>
>>81306993
Balance has nothing to do with it. The 6th army books objectively had the most unique army special rules.
Tomb Kings had their own entire magic system, for example.
>>
>>81307055
I don't NEED to support GW, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if the game dies once again, mostly because of GW's prices, and because not realising anything new or interesting would kill the game. Having new armies always bring some variety and interesting rules
>>
File: Spoiler Image (459 KB, 2326x2318)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
>>81305840
So can there be half-blood members of the Imperial family? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>81307130
>Having new armies always bring some variety and interesting rules
Gay. We wanted WtOW to be 9th edition, not commie-pandering bullshit. Fuck China.
>>
>>81307131
she's matriarch of some ching-chong huan-gaan order or something
probably the dragon blooded martial artists that use yin yang magic

so I guess yes, everyone knows dragons are sluts
>>
>>81304013
no. Perhaps in AoS, but discuss that shit in its containment general
>>
>>81306993
8th has a few deathstars that are truly scary to face. A few of the factions (elves) are way decidedly more powerful than others.

Steadfast rule gives infantry much more staying power by having more ranks, but its agreed that its a bit to strong. This gives infantry the edge in this edition, who were way weaker in 6th. In 8th Cav are weaker but still viable. The main negative of steadfast is that it increases the games model count increasing the barrier of entry.

Some of the spells are really powerful. They are there to prevent deathstars, but a few of them scale too hard against some armies.

The rules for cannons are very punishing for monsters. To add on to this lots of those monsters are also just plain garbage. GW seems to have though high T was enough of a defense. It was not. Monsters that are well designed are still pretty devastating.

Overall, the balance is not that bad unless you are looking at the weakest vs the strongest book. Don't let the loud 6th people fool you, way way more people play 8th and there were plenty of problems with 6th. Besides being the most accessible, lots of people like the 8t edition rules changes and 6th just has a lot less options than 8th. This does means a tighter rule set. However, both editions are fine to play, its very much a do I like dark beer or am I more of a pilsner guy kind of thing.
>>
>>81305382
Probably not at launch where they want to concentrate on, well, the Old World. Later on (if it doesn't flop horribly), almost certainly.
>>
File: captain sketch.jpg (122 KB, 779x1093)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>people disappointed by ToW

TOW is not WHFB and it obviously was never going to be, you'd be less disappointed if you didn't get your hopes up for no reason.
>>
>>81304013
not to my knowledge

sounds like something they would throw in his books though
>>
>>81304113
I'm going to overdose on soul
>>
File: Geharts horde.jpg (1.11 MB, 2684x1813)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
How do I go back?
>>
>>81303535

Eh, we still have the absolute hindu madness that is Ind at least.
>>
>>81307367
buy the old models or nice alternatives and play with your mates?
>>
>>81307367
start by making an army
>>
>>81305740
I'm usually not here, but I'm always available at the email at the top of the pastebins.
>>
>>81307367
There's nothing stopping you playing 6th edition. I own several armies so I can play with my friends. All they have to do is show up(and preferably bring some beer). Alternatively look up your local scene +6th edition on Facebook. There won't be a lot of people but you can get a game in with those that are looking. Or travel out to a tournament.
>>
>>81303535
a videogame is never the be-all-end-all of how something can be depicted
they haven't established anything that really stops creative input
>>
>>81307469
Anon that's not a picture from 6th. My best guess is 4th.
>>
File: 1558876523036.gif (3.89 MB, 200x200)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB GIF
>>81307275
thus far there's nothing to be disappointed in? Oh no they added two meme factions because they realised they aren't going to market a new release based on old plastic sprues from fantasy, what a shocker.
>>
>>81303482
Cathay is whatever. The problem is that it attracted chinaboos. And thats the worst possible thing that could happen to something you care about. Chinaboos, weaboos, wehraboos, you get what I'm saying. They're going to shit up the threads for the foreseeable future now.
>>
>>81303103

Jesus fucking Christ, the amount of butthurt not-chang has generated is embarrassing.

They're not even in the TT game so stop having a fucking seizure.
>>
>>81307506
And why couldn't they market a game like that? There were a shitload of models that got discontinued when fantasy died and a shitload of people who want those models now. Instead of focusing on these factions, GW is wasting time on developing models for literal meme factions. Do you not see the problem?
>>
>>81307494
There better be a wingless version of the Kirin riders too.
>>
File: 1333342065325.jpg (324 KB, 864x1200)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
>>81307522
GW is dumb it turns out

if you are just now learning this I'm sorry
>>
File: E-ErpPnVgAMt3VS.jpg (87 KB, 668x680)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>81304113
It's beautiful.
>>
>>81307535
Don't think we've actually seen Kirin yet. Those things were Longma.
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (37 KB, 300x400)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>81307496
It's 6th edition, the army comp is 6th edition Vampire Counts. Skirmish Ghouls mean it isn't 7th or later. The Dark Elf Kit used came out with 6th edition. Prior editions used these fine boys. also it's from WD 290
>>
>>81307522
how is it wasting time? Look on yt at nay of the videos they got a ton of likes and comments saying how pumped people are for the new factions, bear in mind TOW is going to launch off the back of TWW III it's good marketing to push unique factions not seen until that game on tabletop. Plenty of people will eat this shit up, MUH BEAR CAVALRY and 1546 or whenever is a fucking ancient meme in the community, and there's always been background noise about the unknown factions too. Look at the success of vampire coast for one thing.
>>
>>81307584
Because they're appealing to the retards who play the video game instead of the retards who are already invested in the tabletop game. Those comments you're referring to are written by people who only play the video game, anon. Also, popular does not equal good. Good marketing and appealing to newcomers is fine, but TOW is supposed to be GW accepting they fucked up when they killed Fantasy and trying to redeem themselves. In a show of good faith, they should focus on already established factions first.
>>
>>81307618
and the only people who whine against kislev and cathay like they're some crime against the west are the retards who never had models and never actually will
>>
>>81307618
Salty grogs who swore to never buy another model and don't understand the concept of showering are not a customer base
>>
found some sepia
>>
>>81307647
>>
>>81307618
>TOW is supposed to be GW accepting they fucked up and trying to redeem themselves
holy fuck anon this level of delusion is astronomical, I sincerely hope this isn't an actual mindset people are going into TOW with, there's gonna be suicides.
>>
>>81307656
>>
>>81307668
>>
>>81307678
>>
File: 20210823_212611.jpg (1.13 MB, 3520x1327)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
>>81307632
>>81307633
Well, I have models and I don't think focusing on Cathay and Kislev was a good idea at all. Why should an almost completely unexplored faction get focused on so much when several kits for the warriors of chaos aren't sold anymore? What about the tomb kings? They aren't available at all. What about half the dwarf range? Why does Cathay get to be the big thing when high elves and wood elves are, for the most part, gone?
>>
>>81307618
>but TOW is supposed to be GW accepting they fucked up when they killed Fantasy and trying to redeem themselves.
anon, you need to be 18+ to post on 4chan
>>
>>81307692
they aren't focusing the old world on cathay, they're just talking about them as they get revealed for total war
>>
>all this screaming about product
>still cling rabidly to product screaming all the while
Thanks for proving why GW is so successful, LCD oldfags. Seethe piss and moan while normies keep eating up the overpriced stuff gw churns out I guess. You're fucking delusional if you think tww3 won't continue slamming along like the last two, or that the average person will grind their teeth about not china and not russia getting models and rules.

Honestly go play kings of war or something if you want to be the one controlling your play setting.
>>
>>81307560
Oh neat didn't know about those, that's another one to add to the mythological creature list.
>>
Just ignore and report TOPS shitposters.
>>
>>81307786
I just want to play the game like I used to, anon. With more people. With different people. I don't want it to change more than it has to.
>>
>anons mad that old fantasy china is more advanced than old fantasy europe
it's almost like you guys forgot whf is a flanderized pastiche of history or something.
Did you forget that we already have mummy egypt, turbo monarchist france, the holy roman empire with wizards, balkanoid vampires, mesoamerican lizards, and dwarfy dwarf dwarfs (with additional dwarftropes for flavor) already?
>>
File: buddy.png (936 KB, 644x644)
936 KB
936 KB PNG
>>81307847
Being cognizant of having no control over a corporate IP is the first step to realizing brand loyalty is a marketing tool for suckers and breaking free

Look around for available playgroups for other games and bring /yourdudes/.
>>
The issue is that people intelligent enough and with the right attitude are very rare, look at all the morons on this board who care about support and automatically 'upgrade' to the newest edition. Or anybody who thinks new/popular= good.
>>
>>81307890
I'm all for fantasy china but it needs the dark elements to be interesting, it should be a tyrannical emperor presiding over millions of damned souls toiling in the fields or building/manning the great bastion. In the lore it is like a neccessary evil where unimaginable human sacrifice and suffering is expended to keep chaos from overrunning the world from the east.
>>
>>81307890
>anons mad that old fantasy china is more advanced than old fantasy europe
pulling strawmen out ou yer ass is not a substitute for an argument
>>
>>81307786
>Honestly go play kings of war or something if you want to be the one controlling your play setting.
Or...just play WHFB (any edition) and don't give a fuck about current GW developments?
>>
>>81308007
bait somewhere else
>>
>>81308007
ah yes, because in the trailer, we didn't see hoards of cathayans working and marching to die enmasse while dragonlady watched and waited to lure Kairos
>>
>>81308042
>dragonlady
very rarely few first seconds determine the shittiness of the entire trailer. This one nailed it in that regard.
>>
>>81307995
The issue is that people intelligent enough and with the right attitude are very rare, look at all the morons on this board who care about support and automatically 'retreat' to a tighter level of the purity spiral. Or anybody who thinks new/popular= bad.
>>
>>81308007
weak b8 m8
>>
>>81308007
>In the lore it is like a neccessary evil where unimaginable human sacrifice and suffering is expended to keep chaos from overrunning the world from the east.
mind posting that lore? or why you conveniently ignored that the dragons demand sacrifices?
>>
>>81308080
>and automatically 'retreat' to a tighter level of the purity spiral. Or anybody who thinks new/popular= bad.
You either have no idea what you're talking about, troll or are dumb with shite taste.
>>
>>81308026
sure, go for it if you want. My go to was KoW because it's model agnostic and there's like a group of fifty people in my area that have moved to it over the last 6 years or so.
>>81308013
I saw at least a couple posts essentially complaining about them not just being a yellow horde of shmucks, and a lot of 'reeee china' which at this point is so common in its point I just assume it's running hand in hand with bitching about literally anything a china analogue has that is better than a setting's europe analogue.
>>
File: Kislev and Cathay-Flick.jpg (151 KB, 573x1111)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>81307001
>AREN'T YOU EXCITED TO PLAY AS THE SLAV FUCKING SHITS
I mean, yeah. Because I've always wanted a fully fleshed out Kislev army that I don't need to go scrounging to the empire to play properly.
Also why are you acting like the Empire and Bretonnia aren't in TOW?
>>
>>81308127
I know exactly what I'm talking about and my taste > your taste
cry some more for being called out
>>
>>81308196
He's bewildered that already existing factions aren't getting promo highlights to build hype for the early teaser stages of a new product
Because anon is bitter and retarded
>>
What are you gay niggers even arguing about at this point?
>>
>>81308284
Honesty, I think people are arguing for the sake of arguing.
>>
>>81308284
Retards are shilling non thread relevant stuff. Ignore and report TOW shitposters until they make their own thread so we can talk about WHFB in peace.
>>
but gw is going to sell tomb king models again, right? I want the TK with a shield and hand weapon.
Oh. But they'd make it out of finecast, right? Nevermind...
>>
>>81303170
Extremely based
>>
>>81308326
>but gw is going to sell tomb king models again, right?
not for the old world in the foreseeable future
>I want the TK with a shield and hand weapon.
then use OPR or TTcombat models
>But they'd make it out of finecast, right
GW hasn't been producing new things in finecast for a long time now
>>
>>81308312
>non thread relevant stuff
you mean your endless politics?
>>
My problem with the Cathay reveal for TWWH isn't that it's ludicrously over the top to the point it might as well depict a new Age of Smegmar faction, because pretty much *all* the factions in TWWH are depicted in that ridiculous late 8th/End Times/AoS way.

The issue is GW are driving the designs for it, and that means TOW is going to be a ridiculous over the top basically-AoS aesthetic as well. And that's going to bleed through into everything - the *one* thing that I'd permitted myself to feel optimistic about was the notion we might get some new WHF-set novels, but if we do they're going to be infested with this shit as well, with floating cities and wizards fucking everywhere etc. And worse still, all the "only official matters" consoomers and zoom-zooms who's only experience of the IP will have been TWWH and TOW are going to insist that this is what Warhammer Fantasy is, just another vacant ultra-high fantasy where muh goodies fight muh baddies with shoulderpads the size of fucking card doors.

And before any of you contrarian shits start your "you control your own hobby just find a likeminded group" trash - obviously, but to find that group in the first place you'll now have to wade through an ocean of lukewarm piss, just like you already have to for specialist games, older editions, and any indie rulesets you want to try. And it gets fucking *tiring*, it would have been nice to go back to the default also being the thing I like.
>>
So is Cathay going to basically be Warcraft's Pandaria?
>>
>>81307033
If a judge saw your posts in this thread that would be enough evidence to have you involuntarily committed.
>>
>>81308444
No, I don't want the OPR or 3d printed models. I want the ones GW used to sell, because I like how they look.
>>
>>81308515
Then you have shit taste.
>>
File: ALLWOMEN.jpg (423 KB, 1905x771)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
#all women
>>
>>81308572
And you don't like warhammer models.
>>
>>81308499
>because pretty much *all* the factions in TWWH are depicted in that ridiculous late 8th/End Times/AoS way.
they were depicted like that since 4th edition
do you remember man'o war?
>novels that haven't even been announced yet
>"only official matters"
so you're whining about strawmen
>obviously, but to find that group in the first place you'll now have to wade through an ocean of lukewarm piss
like it has always been

fuck off nogame faggot
>>
File: CmG9JrEWIAA3Lw3.jpg (317 KB, 900x1200)
317 KB
317 KB JPG
I just do not understand why they were so uncreative.
It is perfectly boring and generic.
If you gave me 5 minutes I could come up with much more interesting and fitting units
>>
>>81308577
Great I love murdering women in my video games
>>
>>81308499
it's amazing what selective memory does to a coper
>>
>>81308515
then go with the recasts, aliexpress and yoyhammer are not hard to browse
>>
total war three kingdoms is literally a much better, gruffer, grimmer looking Cathay
>>
>>81308617
because people wanted a grounded historical look for the infantry
>>
>>81308600
Yes, I only like good models, not badly proportioned warcraft rejects.
>>
>>81308671
And it still looks like shogun2 did but has removed all nuance. Shit game shit franchise shit hobby.
>>
>>81308674
they managed to make 1 good infantry design that is honestly too shiny and colourful but atleast mostly historically accurate

the fucking peasants having one studded shoulder pad SCREAMS of mobile chink tier wow
>>
>>81308678
Post these good models.
>>
>Video game company shows off the more out there units to make it look cool for the consoomer crowd
>GW shows that in fact the rank and file units are pretty basic bitch China-esque troops
>People bitch that there are know basic rank and file dudes, despite GW showing artwork for them
>>
>>81308701
what do you enjoy in life, anon
>>
>>81306425
Wasn't the reason for him going full-on ballistic that he was trying to build a bridge over a river in the Moot, but a halfling family that owned a ferry kept sabotaging it? And that they couldn't be brought to justice due to a legal technicality?
>>
>>81308725
not what is happening fool
>>
>>81308725
I think you may have severely overestimated the average anon's capacity for observation and thought
>>
>>81306502
>Zhang Fei was an epitome of raging, violent retard
Wouldn't that be Lu Bu? Who's two defining traits are "super strong" and "will betray former employer/father figure if I get a better deal"? Would explain why Zhang Fei hated him
>>
>>81308671
oh boy, historical chineses for my fantasy universe, how cool!
>>
File: scale.jpg (276 KB, 2880x1620)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
>>81308764
they couldnt even make most units look grounded, things like studded assymetric shoulder pads and the spearmen dressed in walking ornaments, so out there and too much imo,
>>
>>81308781
warhammer has literally always been milquetoast fantasy aesthetics plastered onto whatever culture they're riffing on, and studded tard armor has been a 'HEY GUYS LOOK AT THIS FANTASY ARMOR' hallmark since fucking gygax
You're right about studs being retarded, but that isn't going to stop the generations of it being cemented into fantasy designs. You'd be better off pointing out that it's retarded to have so many female units when it was a rarity for even cheena
>>
>>81308678
>not badly proportioned warcraft rejects.
GW's plastic tomb kings are notoriously badly proportioned though
>>
>>81308733
see:>>81306856
>>
File: chink.png (2.2 MB, 1562x669)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB PNG
>>81308781
those 3 units will be the heart of any TT or tww cathay army. 2 of them look like straight out of a chinese hsitory book. The middle one is suposed to be your elite palace guards.
For every weird, fantasy unit, you have 5 of these dudes
>>
>>81308705
>SCREAMS
not everyone has the same dumb voices in your head
>>
>>81308764
>my fantasy
retard stop playing that "but it's fantasy" card again, if at this point you can't grasp WH aestethics and think it's jsut some random fantasy shit than better go back to your basement
>>
File: humanfactions.png (1.74 MB, 2126x473)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
ah yes, the human factions of warhammer
>>
I could see them bringing out starter boxes that are one pre-existing army vs one new (or at least re-released) army, like Feast of Bones was in Age of Sigmar. Daemons vs Cathay, Brettonians vs O&G, Kislev vs Warriors, etc..
>>
>>81308892
one of these things is not like the others, one of these things doesn't belong
>>
>>81308892
One picture does not fit.
>>
File: Nehekharavsundead.jpg (440 KB, 1345x941)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
>>81308892
and
>>
I geniunely felt like I was playing monster hunter world or a cutscene from final fantasy 15
>>
File: Capture3243243223.png (92 KB, 356x413)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>81308912
and
>>
>>81308912
these look like a scarey undead legion formed from the remains of a once great civilization?
>>
>>81308901
>>81308911
>center their culture around women
Fucking bretonnians
>>
>>81308915
yeah, this shitty animu wizard whatever who does kunkfoo and metal shit erupts from earth.
>>
File: Regiments_of_Renowns.png (1.58 MB, 739x725)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB PNG
>>81308933
and
>>
>>81308892
and this is how you try and adapt china into warhammer properly
>>
>>81308953
What about belthasar?
>>
>>81308967
>it's good because it's covered in nuln oil!
>>
posting art that would have fit better and next to no one would be complaining
>>
>>81308757
Lu Bu was at least unanimously considered the best living warrior, that he was childlish, dumb and grreedy is another thing. Zhang Fei was just a brute and drunkard who was murdered by his own troops.
>>
File: 081s.jpg (54 KB, 400x400)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
turns out china can fit in the existing old world if you dont turn saturation up, and make it a modern chinese wet dream of medieval china
>>
>>81308984
Balthasar Gelt is the Supreme Patriarch of the colleges of magic. And he's more grounded than the seemingly common wizards from Cathay shown so far.
What does that say about the Cathay we have been shown?
>>
>>81308984
yes what about him?
>>
>>81308967
what's properly warhammer about it exactly?
>>
File: Konrad.jpg (76 KB, 887x561)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
In a better world Cathay is only known through intriguing scraps in the Ogres book
>>
>It's ok for the 16th century germans to have eagle-headed monsters
>It's ok for the 13th century french to have flying horses and holy grail knights
>It's ok for the 15th century italians to have flying davinci mercenaries
>How dare the chineses to have dragons and dragon helmets!
>>
>>81309054
>And he's more grounded than the seemingly common wizards from Cathay shown so far.
how?
>>
File: 28mm-Ancient-Chinese-0.png (175 KB, 1024x442)
175 KB
175 KB PNG
>>
>>81309092
You know that's not why people are mad.
>>
>>81309087
in a better world ogres wouldn't have been made into their own army
>>
>>81309092
not what is happening fool, you will miss the point on purpose!
>>
>>81309092
>How dare the chineses to have dragons and dragon helmets!
retard, if that was only the flying dragon no one would give a fuck. stop being an idiot, all your posts in this threads are painfully obvious you shill
>>
>>81309107
are you blind or retarded?
>>
File: P1000758.png (646 KB, 585x696)
646 KB
646 KB PNG
the trailer leaned into the wrong elements of china
>>
>>81309107
He gains his powers through channeling the winds of magic, just like any other wizard. As such, he follows the established conventions of the world. The wind of magic he uses, as a human wizard who is part of the college of metal, is Chamon, the yellow wind. He is grounded because his powers are explained the same way any other wizard's powers can be explained.
How do you explain the magical powers used by Cathay?
>>
>>81309054
because he's an alchemist, a gold wizard. Meanwhile, the amethyst wizards or jade wizards look like goofy fucks
>>
>>81309124
and yet you've been crying about the royal guard being too heavily ornamented in warhammer
>>
File: Dali_Elephants.jpg (14 KB, 362x275)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>81306608
Modify the legs. They MUST be longer and thinner.
>>
>>81309184
a wizard that wore green robes, had a huge beard and summoned jade warriors and pillars to attack would have fit into warhammer perfectly
that isnt what we will get, it would be too racist
>>
>>81309178
>How do you explain the magical powers used by Cathay?
How the fuck do we know, the faction is brand fucking new apart from less than 5 pages worth of lore
>>
How can Khorne defeat ranged armies? Do you just spam chariots? Are skull cannons fast enough to manually dodge cannons?
>>
>>81309124
All itt is retards confusing a video game trailer with a future gw release
>>
>>81309188
I haven't posted anything about the armour anyone in Warhammer wears.
>>81309207
So you agree that as of right now, they do not make sense within the established conventions of the setting?
>>
>>81309163
neither, which is why I can tell you that a chinese wizard doesn't suddenly become less grounded if it starts weaving patterns in the air or summoning magical projections to cast a spell compared to an imperial wizard
>>
>>81309178
>How do you explain the magical powers used by Cathay?
in the same way, why do you think they draw power differently? because they have a fancy name and branding to their own schools of magic?

retard
>>
I just found a company called watchful I studios who make great 28mm chinese minis
they would work great as cathay proxies, look better than what gw has made
they even do undead chinese etc.
>>
>>81309184
Do the amethyst and jade winds of magic let wizards do what Cathay has been shown to do? No.
>>
>>81309260
>>
>>81309260
Watchfull is ok but you should check out Flying General Workshop. I use their stuff in 28mm for my chinklanders.
>>
>>81309253
Which winds of magic do they use? Do they use dhar? High magic? Do they have something similar to what tomb kings have, with precise incantations and rituals that call upon the powers of their gods?
>>
>>81309232
>they do not make sense within the established conventions of the setting?
why wouldn't they? is there anything suggesting that they don't fit?

do you also assume people don't breath the same way you do until they explicitly tell you they do?
>>
>>81309237
Why yes, he only does pirouettes, sommersaults and kung fu backflips while casting, exactly like every wizard in warhammer starting from teclis
>>
>>81309263
The only wizard we saw in the railed made some black goo attack from the ground. Meanwhile, you have jade spell that give you a bramble armor, or amethyst creating a giant purple orb.
>>
File: hd_cheng.jpg (556 KB, 1100x775)
556 KB
556 KB JPG
>>
>>81309263
summon things from below the ground that kill their opponents? yes actually, in both lores
>>
>>81309325
Malifaux also has a shittone og chinstuff. But yeah, helldorado had great minis
>>
File: sentinel3.jpg (197 KB, 940x863)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
how is gw so geniunely incompetent it makes me mad
>>
File: Mercenaries-Officer.jpg (77 KB, 800x641)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>81309356
I had never heard of them, what happened?
all the cool chinese minis out there that I like just reaffirms to me that the trailer had awful designs and terrible focus on what to show off.
Shame, now I feel like a cathay army would be cool its going to be demystified completely and have nu gw models
>>
>>81309323
>>81309344
>"wizard does magic and wizard does magic therefore wizards are the same and everything goes"
I don't know if you fags really can't spot the difference ot just trolling
>>
>>81309389
All I see is a magic kung fu guy controlling a magic kung fu spell. Orc shaman dances to make their spells, night goblins OD on mushrooms and dwarfs make magic runes. Every faction have their own way to do magic. The Empire just bitched and asked the elves to help them. That's why their wizards are just dude in dress#56 waving a staff at the cloud
>>
is the reason they didnt go full mystic long beard stuff and terracotta armies and jade statues because it would be classed as racist?
>>
>>81309315
>exactly like every wizard in warhammer starting from teclis
exactly

>wtf they're not jumping enough!
>>
>>81309421
They try to draw in weebs segment
>>
File: 1631634210-9063-artwork.png (3.39 MB, 1920x1080)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB PNG
>>81309421
most male characters we saw had long beards, there are giant terracotta soldiers (and probably more to come) and there's a giant jade chariot
>>
>>81309389
there's no difference, anon, why are whining about fucking nothing, moving from one wrong assumption to another strawman in jumps worthy of a cathayan wizard
>>
>>81309421
no, it's because they wanted to keep part of the army grounded in historical verisimilitude, like the empire
>>
>>81309475
the stautes dont look terracotta
I dont know bros, it just looks bad to me

at that distance their infantry looks pretty good but theres just something about it that rubs me the wrong way, and I have nothing against chinese aesthetics even if I think japan has better ones
maybe in part its due to it all being so demystified

the trailer showed a lot of women doing stuff (this isnt a complaint idc) like the handshake and the flying balloons, it just felt silly but in a self serious way. It doesnt seem like that world can exist in the warham world.
Idk it is supposed to feel different from the stuff we know but it also didnt feel mystic or mysterious or cool either to me
>>
>>81309522
that isnt my complaint, the magical stuff they showed felt very generic and basic and not at all like the coolest chinese myths and legends and stories
>>
>>81309522
If that was the case they've failed miserably
>>
File: 1535610251609.jpg (85 KB, 804x802)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>81309547
well, they are designed in the 2020's. If GW made them back in 6th or 7th edition, there would be no women, long ching chong mustaches and jade-lion riders. But we're in CURRENT YEAR and MUST have strong women in our media, anon.
>>
File: Dark_Elves_6_Cover.jpg (496 KB, 2244x3069)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
>>81309594
>>
>>81309594
having women as infantry is a sign of a dystopia, not a feminism prop piece
>>
>>81309616
but having them as army commanders, barge admirals and mixed with men in levies?
>>
File: CATHAY_INTRO_1920x1080.jpg (325 KB, 1920x1080)
325 KB
325 KB JPG
>>81309362
explain in your own words how this design is different to the stuff shown for the average cathayan so far
>>
>>81309568
>>81309589
make up your mind
>>
>>81309631
why cant women be commanders? they arent mentally weaker
>>
>>81309594
When did you first notice that you were failing at life?
>>
>>81309635
>female general
>female chaff
>modern cg art by trash artist
>>
>>81309631
>army commanders
Royalty. Like Katarin, or Khalida. Plus being a magical monster helps.
The caster on the ground was a wizard. Like in the Empire, or High Elves, or Dark Elves, or Bretonnia where they have female wizards leading armies.
>barge admirals
Admirals? It's just a basic unit.
>and mixed with men in levies?
Ranged units are female, melee units are male, because ying and yang and shit.
>>
>>81309673
like a jew falling to get a coin
>>
>>81309664
when I saw my bastard son defending women on /wfg/. Tell your mom I miss her
>>
File: chinks.png (949 KB, 1276x719)
949 KB
949 KB PNG
>>81309697
>Ranged units are female, melee units are male, because ying and yang and shit.
>>
Wouldn’t it make more sense for Mordheim mercenary warbands to have unique colour schemes instead of premade ones, like, say, Altdorf?
>>
>>81309732
Just a pretty boy.
>>
>>81309698
Your point?
>>
>>81309702
Imagine living in such fear
>>
>>81309645
Space Wolves and codex astartes?
>>
File: mytakeoncathay.png (3.1 MB, 2004x1304)
3.1 MB
3.1 MB PNG
Instead of complaining with nothing else to it I made this image to show what I would do with Cathay.
All we know about the land before now is that its mysterious, like china and open to make something cool.
So I tried to make something I would find cool

thoughts?
>>
I just want Warhammer Cao Cao, is that much to ask GW?
>>
>>81309787
Imagine being that afraid to stand up to modern insanity and political corrrectness. Do you also wear rainbow pins as a safety sign so nobody calls you out?
>>
>>81309893
looks like it's more of the same, but without a specific direction
>>
>>81307847
Stuck in the past like a retard
>>81308617
No you wouldn't. Shut the fuck up and eat a dick. Those are just historical designs.
>>
>>81309946
I honestly am going to ask you to explain what you mean.
There is clearly a direction. I will explain it.
To fight Chaos invasions Cathay would rather use puppets and enchanted statues but sometimes real mens lifes are cheaper and nessacery. It has a real historical influence in the infantry, general and hero but goes much further into the mysticism with chinese witches and jade statues.

How the fuck has what gw and ca made got a direction?
It has
>flying
>guns
>infantry
>wizards
>dragons
>giant statues
>air balloons
whats the flipping direction?
>>
File: 1630792982227.png (486 KB, 513x511)
486 KB
486 KB PNG
>>81309962
change for change's sake is literal chaos corruption
>>
>>81309697
>Like in the Empire, or High Elves, or Dark Elves, or Bretonnia where they have female wizards leading armies
check your facts retard, lord level mages represent powerful casters not generals who, you know, decide order of battle, attack plan, troop deployment etc.
>>
>>81309998
Learn how to properly spell shit before posting on here.
>>
>>81310043
you are obviously a gw shill or fanboy
>>
>>81309998
>air balloons
this is one of the dumbest things of all.
>>
>>81310025
Lords lead armies on the TT. They are, in effect, generals. Do you know if the woman in the trailer has an official military rank? She just fucking stands there to cast spells.
>>
>>81310025
The only people who dislike Cathay are /pol/ retards. /tg/ likes female units, go to fucking /v/ and seethe. Trump lost, kill yourself trash.
>>
>>81310061
back to /aosg/
>>
File: Aeronautics2.jpg (90 KB, 640x806)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>81310056
Except China is known for it's ballons faggot.
>>
>>81310061
>/tg/ likes female units
>>
>>81310078
LOL!
>>
>>81310078
Except, you faggot, military use of hot air baloon in WH is fucking idiotic for obvious reasons. Take a day off to think about that.
>>
>>81310078
>china is known for it's baloons
>posts french baloons as a proof
take one of these baloons fly highest you can and jump off without parachute
>>
>>81306425
What issue?
>>
What is the best model of a dwarf hero with a pistol?
>>
>>81310233
>>81310233
>>81310233
>>81310233
>>
>>81309998
>whats the flipping direction?
defensive warfare, since the main feature of cathay is their wall, so the statues in the walls come to life, ranged and melee units only work efficiently when used in unison and there's lots of artillery

and they have also characterised the main ruling body of the nation as residing in their heaven, so they've also put part of the nation in the sky with floating cities, draconic mounts and chinese lanterns turned into hot air baloons

as a whole it ends up as a simpler, organic direction
>>
>>81309908
>irrelevance, weeping
>>
>>81310245
shill mate, they do literally everything, theres no fucking direction at all
what good is a fucking wall when your enemy fucking flies
>>
>>81310208
>>
>>81310117
>military use of hot air baloon in WH is fucking idiotic for obvious reasons.
except when the dwarfs do it apparently, right?
>>
>>81310260
>theres no fucking direction at all
I just told you the direction tho

>what good is a fucking wall when your enemy fucking flies
I bet you think open borders are a good idea because illegals arrive by plane anyway, faggot
>>
>>81310299
they make their stuff sturdy
>>
>>81308829
GW's minis as a whole usually are. It's not even down to heroic scale as Oathmark and Reaper use it and they don't look horribly misshapen when next to any other manufacturer.
>>
>>81309225
Chariots and Skullcrushers are fucking dope broham. Warriors of Khorne with Halberds are also something you shouldn't dismiss out of hand. You got the armour to withstand most ranged attacks and magic can only do so much against you, especially with an obsidian item on a joining character.
>>
>>81309170
It doesn't seem unlikely that we'll get something like that aswell.
>>
>>81309087
In a better world the demands of money wouldn't force IP to continually expand and drain every scrap of themselves into a flanderized disaster to wring out the most possible money, but we don't live in that world and usually people clap about living in it.
>>
>>81309260
They have some production issues. Still waiting for my terracotta dragon.
>>
>>81310439
yeah, in a better world warhammer wouldn't have been expanded beyond its first edition
>>
File: 2234.png (459 KB, 401x501)
459 KB
459 KB PNG
>>81308892
>No Tileans
Next time you hire mercs, it'll cost you extra
>>
>>81309908
>completely bought and sold by idpol
congrats for being the yin to a bluehair's yang, retard. It really does just become inconsequential if you log off and go out in public unless you're the kind of yin to feel peeved you get kicked out of restaurants for harassing customers and staff.
>>81310056
Are you retarded? Balloons were used heavily militarily, turning them into direct combat units is literally just classic warhammer flanderization. Go kiss a gyrocopter or something
>>
>>81309041
Aye, that's what he gets for mistreating his troops. Shame Lui Bei doesn't stick with the whole "we shall all share the samw date of death" as he promised in the peach garden. Guess he couldn't be "chivalrous" if he was dead
>>
>>81309475
>jezzails for chinks
honestly they should've just given the skaven some chinese clothing and armour and called it a day
>>
>>81305999
Polearms are two-handed in 6th, you don't get to use them and shields. Only the spears or hand weapons. Maybe it's different in 8th but Bretonnia is weaker there overall.
>>
>>81305870
I avoided them because of a lack of fancy armour, which was the more salient point, especially since I didn't see any backflips in the trailer, just shitty animation honestly
>>
>>81305382

they're floating the idea quietly to see how bad the reaction is vs how much money we can save by just double selling some work rather then doing more original work.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.