[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: crusade.jpg (142 KB, 1000x671)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
Dark Angels edition

>Previous heresy: >>81272166

>Argel Tal and smurf praetors
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/09/10/argel-tal-tackles-two-ultramarines-praetors-at-the-same-time-in-this-weeks-forge-world-pre-orders/

>Argel Tal's rules
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/U5uePWDfzv0EHGEi.pdf

>Thread FAQ (very old, remembers Age of Terra)
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
>Thread FAQ (suggestion)
https://pastebin.com/8riDmnhS
>Erratas and extra downloads
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>Rules and stuff for HH and Titanicus
HH: mega<dot>nz<slash>folder/3wwGVTjZ#zwjoK0nSZ2Kzin6mJ0dV1w
Audiobooks: mega<dot>nz<slash>folder<slash>yM1yWIba#ETw9ELPJmEScSrM9WwjRCw

/Adeptus Titanicus Zone/
>Rules and supplements
AT: mega<dot>nz<slash>folder/Csgk2ZTR#3vRK4eXP5ovbyM_TSL0tWA
>List of Titan Legions with Badges and Colours
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Jccq0V--SwJifLVLwbisYnQeqLlS2pMSiPbGXp1Brs/htmlview
>More lists
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_of_Titan_Legions
>What size magnets do I need?
5x1mm
>Tactics
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Adeptus_Titanicus/Tactics
>homemade missions:
http://clawsandfists.blogspot.com/2019/09/matched-play-missions-for-adeptus.html
>>
>>81301709
Almost finished the baby techpriest. From the looks of it, it's not a terrible job despite me being hung over vhile painting. Will post him a bit later once the base and bolter he's dragging around are done.
>>
File: 1536968725868.jpg (323 KB, 1280x1280)
323 KB
323 KB JPG
<Le gay marines joke>

Now that we got that out of the way, anybody else thinks that the DA rules have been a little underwhelming? Like, unless you take all the special wargear and the DA only ROW they just hit a little better with swords. There's also those hexagrammaton rules, but 25 pts is a rather hefty point costs for the small benefits they provide.
Or am I just missing something?
>>
Forgot thread question.

>What legion's fluff is best represented in its rules?
>>
>>81301827
they got 6 rites of war and like 10 special units
>>
>>81301827
They are somewhat underwhelming and expensive. Frankly 3/6 of the Rites are borderline unplayable (dreadwing, deathwing, and stormwing) with the others risky.

Special units are a mixed bag. Cenobium are a massive point sink. Interemptors are good, probably the best. Companions are cheap and good for what they do I think. Firewing Cabal is weird but fun. Ironwing Automata is just overpriced.

As for wargear and upgrades, scion upgrades are not good in general. the hekostoniyka upgrade or whatever is unusable. plasma burners are there but feel like they make interemptors harder to take. terranic greatsword is good, ap 3 is shame though. cwb is nice to have. stasis grenades/missiles are good. molecular acid shells are ok.

All in all a very mixed bag but you get lots of variety, and its fluffy
>>
>>81301905
dreadwing sounds good, just build a gunline and drop phosphex on shit that cant move
>>
>>81301989
have to purchase so many transports though. most of the buffs come from the upgrades which work best in melee (and are very expensive). the plasma incinerators are hard to model/utilize as they are close range as well. i tried making a list with that RoW and just couldn't make anything that looked fun.
>>
>>81301827
FW are unironically hacks that don't playtest their shit, or are terrible at it.

The idea of basic LA but powerful and diverse ROWS is good, but is executed terribly.

The ROWS are mostly fucking garbage. Like, hilariously bad.

Ironwing and firewing are respectable, but the rest are shit for various reasons.

Dreadwing gives you severe penalties for negligible benefit.
Ravenwing would be cool but you're paying huge tax for hit and run.
Dreadwing has a bunch of absurdly costed upgrades, and restricts you like ironwing, while simultaneously stopping you from using the dreadwing character
Stormwing is appallingly bad in all respects.

And yes, the scion and hexaturd buffs are bizarrely expensive, and in some cases are just really bad.
>>
>>81302012
i think the ravenwing is one of the best of the bunch desu. very reliable and maneuverable bikes/jetbikes/speeders. sure hit and run is expensive, but you only need it on one or two squads.
>>
>>81302002
just build it like an ironfire list. typhon, medusas etc.
>>
File: IronstormMissilePod002.png (736 KB, 831x656)
736 KB
736 KB PNG
How are the Ironstorm Missiles on Questoris Knights?
>>
>>81302184
In titanicus, good. better than meltagun upgrade.
>>
>>81302184
In titanicus, pointless, just like questoris knights.
But they look cool
>>
>>81302309
>>81302287
Oh. I thought there was some sort of lore attached to why I could not find it on the carapace weapons of the tactics page.

Like how the heresy would have drained the Acastus variants to rarity, causing the Mechanicus to just mount them on the Questoris instead.
>>
>>81301827
>Now that we got that out of the way, anybody else thinks that the DA rules have been a little underwhelming?
Literally everyone. There is not a single person in the world who read through their rules and thought, "Wow! These are good rules." They are probably worse than they were prior to Crusade because the 4 characters, 4 units, 6 rites, 2 sets of character abilities, and extra legion wargear probably doesn't balance out the AP debuff to Acid shells.

Also Unbroken Vow is Fury of the Ancients tier. Way to completely fuck up a Pride variant, FW.
>>
>>81302012
>The idea of basic LA but powerful and diverse ROWS is good, but is executed terribly.
agreed. half of it is because scions are retardedly expensive and extremely minor buffs. and then you have the mindbogglingly bad stormwing, which only lets you take 6 models outside of your troops and only if you bring 6 giant blobs with a load of HQs and scion taxes, all of which are useless against vehicles or anything tougher than a bolter bitch. try to build a list with it, you’ll see the points rack up insanely fast. and even without that restriction, the actual buffs are extremely minimal. it’s pure madness
god, i really have nothing good to say about the DA rules.
>>
>>81302446
>>81302184
Knights are two things: a cheap activation and a crack suicide squad of the judean people’s front. every point spent on them is a point that will evaporate the moment a titan notices them, or the moment they kill a titan off the charge and it blows up, annihilating them.
>>
File deleted.
>>81301791
Aaaand here he is.
>>
File: 20210915_063718.jpg (131 KB, 1000x681)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>81302780
File was too big, here's a resized one. These modern cameras have insane resolution.
>>
>>81301709

Looking at building a Luna Wolves army and was curious has anyone seen the Luna Wolves etched brass for sale anywhere? I can find a lot of old and out of print stuff but this one seems to elude me.
>>
Tell me of your favourite characters
>Lore
>Rules
>Model

>Lore
This is a hard one either Calleb Decima or Kheron Ophion. Calleb Decima is a badass fighting his way off Isstvan III apart from any other loyalists as well as his defences, plus I like the idea of an offensive siegemaster turning their knowledge to the defense. For Kheron Ophion I just like the one heroic and loyal guy of a group of assholes, like Queek Headtaker for the Skaven, plus despite being heroic he isn’t a faggot loyalist.

>Rules
I think Eiodolon is well executed, he’s a perfect example of a powerful duelist while not being fearless, eternal warrior, invulnerable save fucking bullshit like Sigismund.

>Model
Sevatar, nothing too amazing, but it looks appropriate and isn’t some highly dynamic pose that looks like he’s falling on his ass.
>>
>>81302923
To my memory, it has all been used and no scalpers/hoarders managed to hold on to a single kit. You should either make do without it or commission someone to do your own photoetching. Don't know if they're still in business, but places like People's Decal did that kind of stuff. Or I'm just senile and keep misremembering things.
>>
>>81302936
Scoria in every field. He is THE Mechanicum character, very cheesy and just rolls with it.
>>
>>81302936
kharn. best lad, best rules, best models. luv me chainaxe. simple as.
>>
>>81302595
>which only lets you take 6 models outside of your troops and only if you bring 6 giant blobs
It's 10 and 10 now. They errataed it. Still pretty shit.
>>
File: 1616327288600.png (236 KB, 1542x313)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
can NL apothecaries wield this monstrosity? they can have a power "sword" rather than "weapon" so I assume they can't which would be a shame because it would make them even more metal.
>>
>>81303852
Normal apothecaries aren't independent characters I thought? So wouldn't be allowed to anyway.
Primus medicae on the other hand? Go nuts. Maybe it's a badge of post like a chaplain and his mace.
>>
>>81303852
i dont think apothecaries and sergeants are independent characters. they can take chainglaives though
>>
>>81303852
Power swords are a type of power weapon, so RAW you can give that thing to your doc. The real question is why do that when he should be sitting back giving out FnP, and the fighters be doing the fighting? Stick it on a praetor or a champion, those are going to make better use of it. Of course, the praetor can just go all the way and take a divining blade instead and become Smashfucker.
>>
File: 1617471597272.png (27 KB, 239x81)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>81303938
whoops my bad. primus/glaive it is!
>>81303980
you guys keep mentioning the diving cheese from malevolence. just how often do people play with it? or rather *allow* it? I know different places have different metas, but it's a bit ridiculous to just how often it's mentioned here.
>>
>>81304014
psykanar are always allowed. most people frown on divining blades, however, and you will be viewed as a try hard. sometimes this results in the whole meta eventually turning WAAC, but typically people will just stop playing your or, more commonly, punish you by bringing an extremely waac list when they plays against you.
>>
>>81304014
divining blade is only worth its points in duels with other praetors, vs custodes, demons and vs admech. custodes and admech are cancer so they deserve to get fucked. outside of those situations its worse than paragon blade+fist since it has less attacks. in a duel and in general a forgelord with rad grenades, a cyber familiar, cataphractii and a chainfist probably beats a divining anyway. basically the only faggots who whine about the divining blade play admech/custodes so fuck them.
>>
>>81304124
Or any multi-wound models. It is a steal for what it offers if you assume you’ll ever duel independent characters or fight two wound terminators, custodes, or mechanicum.
>>
>>81302936
>lore
Moonman. Because MOOOOOOOON. BL is only good when being ott because they're too stupid to write serious business characters properly.
>rules
Ol' Meme Legion himself, alpharius, just how good he is at enhancing his goons
>model
I was tempted to say dorn but then i remembered the lack of a moustache, so bobby g.
>>
>>81304124
you’re an idiot lol
>>
>>81304566
>bobby g
best scenic base in my onion to be desu with you, maybe second only to horus.
>>
>>81304545
powerfist is better vs 2 wound terminators, paragon blade is better dueling 2 wound characters, assuming paragon blade+fist. divining blade's niche is hacking up custodes and admech which is why fw put it in the game, its an attempt to nerf custodes and admech.
>>
File: turle_weaponized.jpg (103 KB, 600x431)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
I don't get why some people get so upset over divining blades. What damage it does can way more efficiently be achieved with shooting, from a safe distance, and with much more versatility. Like the only instance I can see it becoming a little overbearing is in a meta where people are addicted to rubbing their death star units together and see who comes out on top.
>>
>>81304645
>powerfist is better vs 2 wound terminators
It’s identical because +2 strength ID and x2 strength have the same wounding on a 2+ and ID. Also strikes at initiative so you can clear out several terminators before they can strike (probably with fists).

>paragon blade is better dueling 2 wound characters, assuming paragon blade+fist
At that point you’re paying more points than just a divining blade. Either way the difference is miniscule, with divining blades still being better if you don’t get the charge.
>>
>>81304830
It’s boring when every praetor is running around with +2 strength AP 2 ID initiative melee weapon.
>>
>>81304889
It's actually AP 1

And it sure is, just like the abundance of AP 2 pie plates and things like that. Unless different weapons have a niche in which they excel you often end up with one obvious best choice.
>>
>>81301827
its such a stupid joke but this comic never fails to get a giggle out of me

I also like this version better than the other version someone else made of the exact same joke in four panels
>>
>>81304645
What? No.
Power fist is massively worse since those 2-3 termies you killed all get to punch you with powerfists.
Divining blade stops them from fighting at all.

Why is a paragon blade better against 2 wound characters?
You trade better wound rolls and guaranteed instant death for one attack.
Divining blade WILL kill them, then spill over and probably kill sime other losers. The paragon blade might not even kill the 1 dude.

The balancing factor of a paragon blade is it has a low chance to ID, so fighting Character McFister is a risky proposition, while letting you rape 1 wound shmucks.

Diving blade just lets you rape everyone without EW.
>>
>>81305085
It's all just another product of the all-or-nothing AP system, there's none of the granularity that you might get with modifiers, where there's a legitimate trade off between an increased chance to wound versus a bigger save modifier. Instead anything without AP2 or better is pretty much trash.

That said, the divining blade is silly, just too many good things on one weapon. If they'd made it AP3 or even AP4 instead then it might have added something to the mix rather than just replacing all the other options outright.
>>
File: 1527803320745.jpg (217 KB, 721x850)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
Want to start a Daemons army with Tzeentch miniatures only. Beside multiple copies of a Start Collecting box, are there any other kits I should get to cover the most vital units?
>>
>>81306468
Ruinstorm is very much a "throw whatever models you like on the table" kinda list.
>>
>>81306481
I know but the base size still matters and I want to use them in 40k and AoS as well so gotta keep them Halal.
>>
>>81306468

The important units to have:
Daemon Lord- must have in a primary Detachment but cannot be taken in allied. Depends how you intend to build your army.
Greater Daemon- Mediocre stats but AP2 is vital for the army to function.
Chosen- Gives PE to his unit and can join allies. A decent alternative to the Greater if you want cheap/safe rather than raw melee power.

Lessers- Excellent scoring potential and durability. Don't expect them to deal any damage unless they have Rending/Shred.
Beasts- MSU Psychic Shriek/Smite spam
Brutes- Pretty crummy by themselves but they make a good summon if you use the Psyarkana on a mortal character.
Shrikes- To be spammed, MVP

Swarms, Possessed, Cavalry and Great Beasts are all a bit shit. Behemoths are popular for some but I don't really see it.

First picks should be maximising your HQ and Shrikes. Then your troops, either. hordes of Lessers or MSU Beasts. After that it is just filler.
>>
File: 20210915_141117.jpg (3.83 MB, 4128x3096)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB JPG
Currently painting valdor
>>
I'm thinking of starting a army for Zone Mortalis, how does this look?

Emperor's Children Loyalists, combatant, 1,250pts

HQ

Legion Champion [170pts]: Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, On Foot, Phoenix Spear, Refractor Field, Warlord
Chainswords/Combat Blades
Relics of the Dark Age of Technology: Lucid Blade
Warlord Trait: Child of Terra

Troops

Breacher Siege Squad: 9x Breacher Siege Space Marines, Hardened Armour,
Additional Wargear: 2x Graviton Gun
Breacher Siege Sergeant: Melta Bombs, Combi-Weapon: Grenade Launcher

Breacher Siege Squad: 9x Breacher Siege Space Marines, Hardened Armour
Additional Wargear: 2x Meltagun
Breacher Siege Sergeant, Legion: Melta Bombs, Combi-Weapon: Grenade Launcher

Tactical Support Squad: Flamer, Support Squad
Additional Wargear: Chainsword or Combat Blade
Sergeant: Bolt Pistol, Flamer, Frag and Krak Grenades, Phoenix Spear

Elites:

Rapier Weapons Battery: Quad Heavy Bolter
Rapier Weapons Battery: Graviton Cannon
Rapier Weapons Battery: Laser Destroyer Array

Terminator Squad: Tartaros Terminator Armour
Terminator Sergeant: Combi-Bolter, Grenade Harness, Lightning Claw
Terminators: Combi-Bolter, Lightning Claw

My main questions are 1) is this remotely viable for general play, 2) Do I get a RoW or not, I'm unsure, and 3) where in the world do I get a pack of flamers, I cannot find them on FW website anywhere.
>>
>>81307048
God, what an ugly model. Nice job on the face and blade though
>>
I'm thinking about adding a Praevian to my death-guard reaping list. Is a Praevian with rad grenades and a couple Vorax too much?
S6 will instant death most things after the rad grenades, and the vorax have 3 attacks at initiative with AP2, and probably preferred enemy from the Praevian.
>>
>>81307258
You're going to be very slow. Breachers do not have relentless so graviton guns are useless on the move.

Rapiers are hard to position so an enemy dreadnought can avoid them and go right into your juicy infantry. If you take them, do the same loadout on all of them.

Get your flamers here: www(dot)war1-tablegames(dot)co(slash)LEGION-FLAMER-SET-p1356274.html
>>
>>81307258
Not a great list, but then who cares about that, as long as your local meta is chill and not full of optimisations you'll be fine. You might struggle with any terminators though.
You only get a RoW if you have a character with master of the legion. I don't think a champion does, but swapping him for a delagatus will allow you to take one.
One the plus side, if you are playing with the catastrophic damage (which you should) the laser destroyer adds one to the roll as it's ordinance which is always fun.
>>
What was the distribution of Corvus armour like? I know certain legions were used for advance testing. To cut the bullshit - Corvus helmet on an otherwise entirely MkIV Raven Guard sergeant. He is field testing an advance issue component. Gay and lame? Lame and gay?
>>
>>81307371

It's fine.
>>
>>81307418
You're fine. Damned fine.
>>
File: Image2.jpg (53 KB, 298x359)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>81307371
>>
>>81307312
Suggestions for increasing mobility then? I want to keep the breachers specifically for the area denial from shooting them. Maybe something to keep the opponent busy while the breachers dig in?A distraction carnifex of sorts?
>>
>>81307354
Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. As for meta, i'll mainly be by myself or with a friends, since the closest place to possibly play is an hour and a half away, and it's GW store at that.
>>
>>81307468
I would recommend a contemptor or even just a castaferrum with an inferno cannon/ccw. that would be cheap and VERY nasty to toss into any unit.
>>
>>81307483
I've heard about the Inferno Cannon, I'll probably go with that. Boxnoughts are easier to come by for me anyway.
>>
File: 1607880286937.png (118 KB, 509x223)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
>>81307371
this reminds me... why was mk6 picked for the box set when mk6 wasn't as spread as mk2/3/4? is it because plastic 3 and 4 already exist and they don't want to go full primaris replacing yet? mk5 4 lyf
>>81307418
>oooooooof
>>
>>81307583
Dude stop, scale wonkiness is stopping me from commiting to making a force when all I have is CHONKIMUS MACIMUS Calth MkIV
>>
>>81307583
Possible reason: next year is the 35th anniversary of Rogue Trader's beakies (and the original heresy beakie vs beakie visuals in epic) and those are easier to sell to 40k players/collectors beyond people into 30k.

Anyway, the lack of special/heavy weapons in the leaked images makes me suspect those will be simple monopose tactical squads to fill troop slots for newbies and make the box set "cheaper". Maybe FW will sell a weapons upgrade set like they already do with mkIII-IV and termies.
>>
File: 1610230744553.jpg (104 KB, 763x913)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>81307644
simply take the custard/mech/daemon/solar/militia/xeno40k pill. I myself will be using the following scale since I'm planning on having a bit of everything (standing straight with no helmet and not accounting for the base (bigger ones are higher)):
>32mm infantry
>36mm marines
>40mm custards
>warpbullshitterymm daemons
thus I present ye my concept army:
>primary: WB with praevian for automatas and libby/esoterist for daemons (WB get malefic daemonology)
>secondary: militia with spawns and rogue psykers for moar daemons
as for loyalists:
>no idea. custards with SOS and solar in secondary?
>>81307693
makes perfect sense. but if it's the next year that's 35 years then how true would be the rumors that it's coming this year?
>>
>>81307761
Dunno, maybe they want to release first the box set to HH players, and later a multipart kit in 2022 with more 40k hype: "The RTB01 is back better than ever! after 35 years!!"
>>
Stupid lore question: do you think most of the Primarchs not having maternal figures in their lives was something deliberately set by Chaos?
>>
>>81307829
If anything it was done on purpose by the Emperor. Big boys like those weren't usually going to listen to anybody who couln't best them without getting their ego in check. Guillimom was a lucky accident for Roboute.
>>
>>81307867
Would not the Emperor want his sons to be egoless though, as they would presumably be better tools that way?
>>
>>81307829
They had a maternal figure. She dumped them across the galaxy to spite their dad.
>>
>>81307761

Word Bearers cannot have a Praevian and Libby/Esoterist in the same army. You must take 2 mandatory HQs (Chaplain and friend) which means you can only ever have 1 support officer.
>>
>>81307889
They needed ego to be proper leaders and generals, though.
Then there are the conspiracy theories about everything being part of a long con by the Emperor.
>>81307894
Not really, it was to sabotage Big E's plan that she saw as reckless and playing with fire.
>>
>>81307982
>"Hey, I'm gonna create 21 demigods to lead my armies and unite humanity."
>"I dunno, looks like you're playing with fire. I better take these babies and dump them across the galaxy, exposing them to the warp and all sorts of horrors on horrible worlds. Nothing bad can come out of 21 demigods growing without guidance and all the power to dominate everyone around them."
>>
>>81308057
More like
>I want to speed up evolution and cut out the millions of years of natural selection.
>That's really not a great idea and since you won't listen to reason I'm going to stop you.

We don't really know exactly how the warp got involved. Saturnine was hardly explicit about it.
>>
>>81307894
Having a mother and having a maternal figure are not the same thing.
>>
>>81308057
>>81308126
She should have just destroyed them, guy in last church was right about many thing even throught i think emp was right about religions.
>>
File: Adobe_20210915_181604.jpg (171 KB, 1000x671)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>
File: 1602711659890.png (874 KB, 629x711)
874 KB
874 KB PNG
>>81307898
>zardu (compulsory)
>chaplain/erebus (compulsory)
>praevian (optional)
my plan almost failed. long live chaos! this HQ thing just reminded me that NL have a ROW for 5 biker HQs. pretty fucking metal.
>>
>>81308202
the emperor was wrong about islam. if the emperor had beat his stupid insolent wife she wouldnt have ruined the primarchs. islam wouldve prevented the horus heresy.
>>
>>81308126
>Saturnine was hardly explicit about it.
It was explicit about her being a dumb bitch.
>>
File: 45346678768756857.jpg (43 KB, 486x604)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>81308253
>islam wouldve prevented the horus heresy
>>
>>81308223
>le left side vs le right side xd
9th black book's art was a big fat mistake.
>>81308257
>a woman is shoehorned for diversity quota
>made to be the most important woman in the whole 40k universe (muh astarte=astartes and egg donor for priamrchs)
>turns out she's not sarah connor turned up to 11, but a dumb bitch - an average woman
for once BL is based and you guys are hating n it.
>>
>>81308296
>but a dumb bitch - an average woman
She is the second to the Emperor in power. Draws her magic from somewhere other than the Warp. She soloed four Greater daemons at the same time. And she was immortal.

Also she was a good mother for saving her children from being their fathers unthinking puppets ensuring that they live their own lives and make their own choices.
>>
>>81308322
she was a dumb whore who doomed humanity. erebus rightfully thot patrolled her
>>
>>81308296
Astarte and Erda are 2 different characters, anon. But I'll give you that they overlap too much in the narrative, so is an easy mistake to make.
It should have been the same character, maybe another alias for Alivia Sureka. At least that would have been proper foreshadowing.
>>
>>81308322
Yeah, i dont think she could have done anything other than to help his children. primarchs could have just stayed on their own planets.
>>
File: Dark Imperium.png (1.73 MB, 703x977)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
>>81308351
Without her, we wouldn't have had Roboute as he is, which means no hope for humanity.
>>
File: 1631601119481.png (1.14 MB, 1072x741)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>81308322
>>81308351
you guys are talking about a unreleased book you haven't read yet?
>>
>>81308351
Horus heresy would still happen you absolute retard. Was badab war also erdas fault?
>>
>>81308379
girlyman is a pencil pushing jobber
>>
File: Adobe_20210915_182927.jpg (173 KB, 1000x671)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
Best legion, best homeworld and best primarch.
>>
>>81308414
literally the worst art ever put anywhere near the horus heresy.
>>
>>81308393
nah the heresy wouldnt have happened. lorgar wouldnt have been molested by catholics, angron wouldnt have been lobotomized, morty wouldnt have been retarded, etc.

also huron did nothing wrong.
>>
>>81308126
Honestly, they should have showed how Erda views the Custodes and the extent of her knowledge of the Emperor’s plans for their sons. If they did that, then Erda would likely be much more sympathetic, imo
>>
>>81308404
>pencil pushing
"Amateurs talk about tactics, but professionals study logistics."
>jobber
He has lost only personal duels against Fulgrim and Mortarion daemon prince forms, and the second time he faced Morty he owned him.
As Corax said, you can win a battle against Guilliman, but not a war.
>>
>>81308448
To be fair though, Alpharius and Horus, the two Primarchs raised by the Emperor from childhood, are not exactly beacons of psychological stability…
>>
File: 1631061403585.jpg (57 KB, 210x969)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>81308466
I think pic related illustrates the viewpoint of many pre-Imperium people with access to secret knowledge. Like Basilio Fo or that warlord executed for stealing the last water from Terra.
>>
>>81308521
>lost against fulgrim, morty, angron, lorgar, and probably more.
>lost 150k marines to fucking kor pharon and erebus, thats the size of most other legions
>only had a big legion because he took the dregs of the lost legions
girlymans a loser
>>
>>81308448
>>81308567
Magnus would also fuck around with warp.
>>
>>81308567
horus grew up on the streets selling crack, nobody knows anything about alpharius
>>
>>81308616
then he wouldve been executed
>>
>>81308644
So erda did right thing?
>>
>>81308690
No. If Erda really cared and wanted to stop what was happening, she should have destroyed the primarchs or taken them away to personally raise and guide them.
What Erda did is comparable to stealing somebody's baby and yeeting it into a dumpster because you're afraid the parents might be abusive. It literally helped nobody.
>>
Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't buy plastic cataphractii robots to supplement my Iron Hands legion?
The resins look amazing, and I will also buy a few, particularly the domitar, but why not also use the 'modern' plastics?
>>
>>81308783
are you retarded? serious question
>>
>>81308783
do you mean kastelans?

because

1) no rules
2) they look rarded
3) can't even use them as a "counts-as" for anything
>>
>>81308598
you're a loser, you fuckwit of an oxygen thief
>>
>>81308807
Yep
>>81308830
yep, see above
1) can't I just 'count's as'
2) sure fine, not in my opinion (see top comment)
3) ah, that makes sense. Ignore answer 1 and see top comment
>>
>>81308579
>are they any less monstrous for a shape familiar to the eye?
This is your mind on grimderp.
>>
>>81308383
Even worse, they're talking about that fanfic as if it was hard canon. Truly an atrocious sight.
>>
>>81308745
>she should have destroyed the primarchs
Yeah i said that before. emp would easly find her and primarchs. Emp should have told everyone about real threat-chaos and what could happen.
>>
Black Book 2 says that Darr was a near abhuman of Cuth'vasi origin, with white eyes and grey skin. Does that mean that there were more astartes like him (not completely human).
>>
>>81308852
Fistfag, is that you? Did you miss your daily anal circumference training again?
>>
File: sigma.jpg (621 KB, 1920x1920)
621 KB
621 KB JPG
>Me listening to the Imperial F*st player explain how the Iron Cage was actually an Imperial victory in the local game store before I beat him to death with a truncheon
>>
>>81308944
meant the first book, sorry.
>>
>>81308944
Typhon i think, dont know anyone else.
>>
>>81308404
>pencil pushing jobber
Eh, I don't really mind Bobby G being more of a proper general than a duelist. Let him be the loyalists' strategy nerd. The HH is already oversaturated with guys who keep getting fellated as the "best duelist ever" and the Smurfs could do with some flaws and losses to balance out the wank they get outside of 30k.
>>
>>81308974
Every single normal person knows both pert, dorn and their sons are retarded.
>>
>>81308944
Abhumans are completely human, they're evolutionary variants of the healthy baseline man. Which means they have all the normal stuff, but some of the ones usually manifesting in main population is dormant and a different version of that particular gene is widespread. In case of this particular man, he had hereditary hypomelanism. If you want to go looking for secretly mutant marines, BA are your first stop, they recruited all sorts of twisted creepies before leaving the Solar system.
>>
>>81309047
Stop manlet raging Khan, we get you can't into military. Don't be salty about it, maybe go milk your stallion or something.
>>
File: pov fulgrim.jpg (151 KB, 700x964)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>81309047
But Perturabo is a based retard and Dorn is a cringe retard.
>>
>>81308936
>Emp should have told everyone about real threat-chaos and what could happen.

The tricky part is that even knowing about Chaos' existence is already enough to start the slow slide into corruption. I mean look at real life, plenty of people who just get curious when warned about something and will try and look for it.
>>
>>81308598
Guilliman wins in the end always and everytime if he doesn't take the field directly against dudes boosted by warp juice. He's a general not a duellist.
>Had already an empire when found by the Emperor
>Wasn't too proud to learn from his brothers (Corax, Perturabo)
>saved and painted blue the blameless legionnaires of the lost legions
>Perturabo unironically respected him (!!!)
>He survived the Calth 9/11 ambush and turned around the battle, with no previous knowledge of warp bullshit.
>Was able to talk sometimes sense into the Lion (!!!)
>Doesn't matter how much he lost, he made way more in record time and enough to break the Shadow Crusade, and later be the biggest threat to Horus, who did everything to delay his arrival to Terra.
>Forced everyone to follow his lead after the Siege with the Codex and the Scouring
Only a colchisian fag would think Guilliman is a loser, hell not even Lorgar thought that by the end!
>>
>>81308936
Chaos is an info-hazard. Just knowing about its existance attracts it to you.
>>
>>81309076
Lol angron and his sons arent any less retarded . Only actuall good legions-death guard, dark angels, unltramarines, EC and probably RG.
>>
>>81309128
>>81309234
Can we just admit that its literally impossible to defeat chaos.
>>
File: 456346547765868h.jpg (107 KB, 675x672)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>81309084
Remind me again which of the two actually killed another primarch and was left standing after the Siege. And which one was almost killed by a son of the other and saved by external intervention.
>>
>>81309258
>its literally impossible to defeat chaos.
funny that you mention that:
>S1: There is a grand bargain here.
>S2: I understand it.
>S1: Do you? Already? Good. Very good. What is the bargain?
>S2: [Silentium.] Infinite power cannot be overcome. We are finite, limited by law. So, deception.
>S1: Do you find that unworthy?
>S2: No.
>S1: Because it comes from me.
>S2: Yes.
>S1: Speak freely. For once, speak freely. You are only just awakened – there may be few chances left for you.
>S2: [Silentium.] You will cheat them. You will cheat all of them. And us.
>S1: A risky strategy.
>S2: There are no others.
>S1: You understand it. And, tell me – do you understand the full implication?
>S2: Ruin. Total ruin.
Valdor - Birth of the Imperium
>>
>>81309258
Pretty much, yeah. That has been the premise of 40k since the longest time - the heroic endless struggle against an inevitable fate.
>>
File: le_ponder.gif (1012 KB, 500x281)
1012 KB
1012 KB GIF
>>81309313
When you think about it, Dorn actually saved Perturabo's life. If he didn't send that message that all his legion's forces should head to Terra, Polux wouldn't have disengaged.
>>
Legitimate lore question. Let's say you knew an enemy commander would be present at a battle. Why would you not get as many multi-meltas as you can and just point them towards said commander? Or, launch artillery? Like it just seems foolish for a commander to step foot on the battlefield.
>>
>>81309313
>Remind me again which of the two actually killed another primarch
Perturabo beat Angron and brought him to Terra
>and was left standing after the Siege.
Perturabo was absolutely raping Dorn besides a setback at the Saturnine Wall until he left because of Horus using warp fuckery to win.
> And which one was almost killed by a son of the other and saved by external intervention.
Alexis Polux is a Mary Sue and John Fr*nch should be drawn and quartered
>>
>>81309439
The message was on repeat, the Chaos gods just opened a window in the ruinstorm making Polux heard it, obey, and retreat. Thus saving Perty's life.
>>
>>81309495
And yet Angron is still alive while one of the Super Alpha Brothers is dead.
>>
>>81309462
hot take: AoD and KT should have a roster system like kill team
>>
>>81309530
Why would he kill Angron he can help them at the siege?
>>
>>81309517
Chaos saved perty and he didnt even say thanks. kek what a retard.
>>
>>81309546
They were talking about primarch kills.
>>
>>81309495
Perty did not kill Angron, he just convinced him they only way possible.
>raping Dorn
It was a stalemate that only could be broken by external influence. And in the end Dorn held for enought to see reinforcements arrive.
>Alexis Polux is a Mary Sue
what makes him a mary sue? surviving to become a leader? not being an arrogant brooding idiot? being able to befriend an IW?
>>
>>81309330
You forget the bit from Dreadwing where the Watchers talk about the Emperor ignoring their warnings that Chaos can only be fought, not defeated.
>>
>>81309439
13,000 Imperial Fists died boarding the Iron Blood according to Angel Exterminatus. Polux was losing, what actually happened at Phall was Perturabo prepared for a humiliation campaign against Sigismund, Polux did the unexpected and boarded the Iron Blood, his boarding failed. It wasn't that Polux would win but that if the battle went on as it had Polux would win when the battle was really only halfway finished.

>‘I am Captain Felix Cassander,’ he said slowly. ‘Identify yourself, legionary.’
>The immobilised warrior didn’t speak, and Cassander was about to repeat his order when he
received his answer.
>‘Navarra,’ he said. ‘Legionary of the 6th Company, weapon bearer to Captain Amandus Tyr of the
Halcyon. En route to Isstvan III.’
>‘Isstvan III? Then how are you here?’
>Again a long pause before answering. ‘We never reached Isstvan. Ambushed. I was taken. On the
Iron Blood.’
>‘An Iron Warriors ship?’ guessed Cassander.
>‘Aye,’said Navarra. ‘Captain Tyr led an assault onto Perturabo’s vessel. We were to kill the enemy
primarch. We failed. Thirteen hundred warriors dead for nothing. We reached the bastard’s throne
room. He killed Tyr with one blow. The rest of us didn’t last much longer.’

Presumably 13,000 is over half of Polux's force. Also it should be noted the Imperial Fists weren't at a massive fleet disadvantage they had 368 ships as opposed to the Iron Warrior's 400. Perturabo won and still would've won if Polux stayed, Polux just did better than expected.
>>
>>81309726
How did you mess up so much of the
>green text
>>
>>81309722
Well that's what the Watchers or the Cabal though, but clearly not what Big E thinks.
>>
>>81309660
>It was a stalemate that only could be broken by external influence. And in the end Dorn held for enought to see reinforcements arrive.
Perturabo destroyed the Sol and Terra fleet, took the Lion's Gate Spaceport, destroyed the outer defenses, Luna, the Mandeville points, and he sent Warsmith Khrossus to hold of Guilliman which he was doing a damn fine job of it with limited manpower and reasources. Perturabo was holding together the traitor forces who were by this point a loosely aligned band of squabbling psychopaths.
>Alexis Polux is a Mary Sue
He is a super strong, super genius giant space marine who is stronger than most other space marines and was promoted on the field and somehow managed to get the upper and on a Primarch who ambushed him and had a numerically superior force to him. Though he was pretty good in Pharos.
>>
>Fisters try to spin the Iron Cage as their victory
>Bittermen try to spin Phall as their victory
Absolute pottery.
>>
Emperor treated IW like shit and many of them still remained loyal. Says a lot about perturabo.
>>
>>81309786
I'm a retard.
>>
>>81309722
Does pose the question of how reliable the Watchers really are with that statement. Is it true because the Watchers are that all-knowing, or do they just say that because their race got BTFO by chaos and they can't handle the fact they lost?
>>
>>81309835
It was an Iron Warrior victory and so was the Iron Cage. Also you will never be a woman.
>>
>>81308974
>Pert didn't fuck his step-sister
>spent all his time making miniature war machines
Autismo.
>>
>>81309863
The only woman I see here is Perturabo, drama queen of Olympia.
>>
File: literal_who.jpg (189 KB, 496x1114)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>81309313
>which of the two actually killed another primarch
But do we know for certain he did though
>>
>>81309726
>Polux was losing
bullshit, both BL AND FW agree that Perturabo was losing:

>The battle data scrolling past Perturabo’s eyes told of a sudden and total victory. It also spoke of the likely outcome before the Imperial Fists’ suicidal withdrawal. Perturabo let the truth cycle past his eyes once more.
>The hammer blow reduced the screens to sparking wreckage, and the Lord of Iron stalked from the chamber in silence.
The Crimson Fist - John French (2012)
>Certainly, the decision to withdraw on receiving Rogal Darn's order turned the course of the battle, but could it have been otherwise? The nature of the Imperial Fists makes it unlikely that they would have responded differently. This in turn opens up an intriguing and terrible possibility: that the revelation of Dorn's message arrived not by chance, but by the will of Horus or his allies, or the dark forces that ultimately made him their puppet.
Horus Heresy book 3 : Extermination (2014)

Let the truth cycle past your eyes, anon and gtfo with your simping for Perty
>>
>>81309899
yes, there was a Highlander light show and everything, and we saw confirmation from Omegon internal poV
>>
>>81309886
His sister told him the truth about his whining and he killed her, classic manchildren
>>
File: 1509055394119.jpg (35 KB, 413x357)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>81309938
But what if that is just what the Alpha Legion wants you to believe?
>>
>>81309902
>loses 13,000 warriors
>not losing
huh? But I must ask you. Why it is bad when Kaldor Draigo beats a primarch in combat but not bad when Alexis Polux beats a primarch tactically? Isn't that wankery? Why is it okay when the Imperial Fists do it but not any other faction?

>>81309954
Also why is that bad, it was a great scene. Why are you seething about a villain being evil and flawed?
>>
>>81309825
>Perty was herding cats and the most competent of the traitors , no argument about that, but Dorn held against him and all the others at the same time, stalling them enough to see reinforcements arrive.
>>
>>81310027
But reinforcements could only arrive after Perturabo left because the Dark Angels who got in turned on the Astronomicon. If Perturabo hadn't left they'd have never gotten past his rearguard and the Ultramarines wouldn't know about the Siege of Terra, the traitors would've won.
>>
>>81310013
Because fistfags will try to push any wankery, propaganda and outright lies to make their piss babies seem competent.
>>
>>81310013
Because Kaldor Draigo just waded through waves of daemons to personally 1v1 daemon Mortarion, shat all over the dude and carved his tramp stamp onto his heart.

Which is something different to a mortal outsmarting a primarch in commanding roughly equal forces through some skill and certainly a bit of luck.
>>
File: IMG_20210915_201558.jpg (187 KB, 1080x475)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
Good job my fellow iron-chads we really showed those imperial cucks.
>>
>>81310013
>>loses 13,000 warriors
That's just the average Tuesday in the Horus Heresy. You can't even stop at a planet for lunch without losing 13,000 Astartes on assaulting the local drive-through.
>>
File: 1282992665068.jpg (168 KB, 1000x600)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>81310063
The Imperial Fists are competent even cool, but Alexis Polux is a gay mary sue and John French deserves to be brutally raped. They have some cool fluff like scrimshaw and Praetorian of Dorn was genuinely good. I don't dislike the Imperial Fists, I dislike them being made into 6e Ultramarines in half of their HH books.
>>
File: the_mighty_IW.jpg (101 KB, 627x622)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>81310109
You sure showed them
>>
>>81310013
>anything that shows anyone do anything better than my favorite is bad
this is what i mean when i say BL is too high brow for some of its audience
>>
>>81310013
is not losing if you sacrifice warriors to pin the enemy leader (or maybe kill him), while you destroy in detail all his fleet. And it was working.
>Kaldor
I haven't read that, so I won't comment
>not bad when Alexis Polux beats a primarch tactically?
Alexis predicted correctly that the situation was an ambush, and took advantadge of Perturabo's arrogance and lack of knowledge about him. It was not so much that Polux was better, but that Perturabo didn't took the Fists seriously knowing Dorn wasn't there.
>>
>>81310166
When it's a normal space marine yes, if it were Forrix or Falk leading that fleet or Dorn leading the retribution fleet I'd be fine with it.
>>
>>81310174
The problem with your argument is that Perturabo is a primarch who can rapidly analyze and adapt to situations and had the 2nd best fleet of any Legion as well as being an incredible void commander able to interface with his ships through those cables in his head and Perturabo arguably was the best tactician of the primarchs or one of them at least.
>>
>>81310134
>in half of their HH books
Outside of Phall and some parts of Saturnine, they mostly just sit around doing nothing or dying horribly. Even in Praetorian, the only Fists who actually got anything done were Archamus, Kestros, and Dorn himself. The grunt-tier Fists were just there to be fed to Alpha Legionnaires.
>>
>>81310055
>the Dark Angels who got in turned on the Astronomicon.
that has not happened yet, anon. And Dorn didn't knew that anyway. Perturabo didn't break Dorn's defenses fast enough for Horus and was replaced after the saturnine stunt, period.
>>
File: Konrad the Edgelord.png (612 KB, 730x768)
612 KB
612 KB PNG
How's this for a night lords list for someone new to heresy? 2k with the terror assault RoW

Praetor in Tartaros: Headsmans Axe, Combi bolter, GH, IH, Lasers, Trophies and teleporter
>Termie command squad, all combi bolters, 4 axes and a chainfist.

Vigilator in artificer: Headsmans axe, Melta bombs, Refractor field
>9 man Seeker squad in a rhino and Vox

Two 10 man raptor squads, 5 chainglaives and a Headmans axe each.

10 man terror squad with bolters in a rhino

Two cyclone/Heavy bolter Javelins

Achilles Alpha with frag and shatter shells
>Cogboy healslut

Lorewise its a rapid assault force so everyone either gets a transport or a different method of closing with the enemy.

Gamewise the Termies will start the battle in deep strike to either exploit a weak point or reinforce a squad that bit off more than it could chew. The raptors will run up the beard and charge asap whilst the terror squad will hold a backline objective and the seekers pick off enemy characters. The achilles and Javelins will target enemy armour.
>>
>>81310198
>>81310177
>>81310063
>>81310055
i hope you know you are indistinguishable from a teenage girl talking about team edward vs team jacob in the 2000’s. genuine manchild.
>>
>>81310166
>this is what i mean when i say BL is too high brow for some of its audience
You're not wrong anon. The amount of reeee and shit about things that even aren't on those books is revealing to see.
Is even worse when authors try to be subtle (for a franchise pulp book) and the points fly past the heads of anons.
>>
>>81310174
It wasn't working at all. The boarding move was unexpected because it's a brainlet move nobody would even consider, and despite giving the fists an element of surprise, after just a bit it being a brainlet move bit them in the ass. They just left their own ships unguarded and dropped their cannon fodder into a killzone to suicide by cold fury. Polcucks turned his tail and ran because otherwise a counter-boarding would follow and with his gay krauts all killed he'd be serving the entire fat bunch of ships to Pert on a silver platter.
>>
File: 1393351946803.jpg (1.18 MB, 2500x2500)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>81310198
>Perturabo
>adapt
>>
>>81310247
>You cannot argue about factions in a game about factions
Dilate.
>>
>>81310247
>doesn't link piss wankers
Back into painglove cuckshed, Hans.
>>
>>81310240
>Praetor in Tartaros: Headsmans Axe, Combi bolter, GH, IH, Lasers, Trophies and teleporter
drop the headsmans axe for a paragon blade. ap3 is not worth it on him
>Vigilator in artificer: Headsmans axe, Melta bombs, Refractor field
>>9 man Seeker squad in a rhino and Vox
vigilator is meh, definitely shouldn’t have an axe. seekers should always have combis - remember to check the faq, it’s 5 points for them now. i’m not a huge fan of rhinos but it’s not bad
>Two 10 man raptor squads, 5 chainglaives and a Headmans axe each.
15 man every time. your unit tax is high, model cost is low, and you want to be certain of talent for murder.
>10 man terror squad with bolters in a rhino
give them volkite and the srg melta bombs or give them all melta bombs
>Two cyclone/Heavy bolter Javelins
solid
>Achilles Alpha with frag and shatter shells
>>Cogboy healslut
incredible waste of points. easy enough to ignore, dies the moment chain fists, melta bombs or a chain fist dread looks at it funny, can still die from vindicators.
>>
>>81310289
See here >>81309902
There's nothing to discuss. Perturabo himself knew he would have lost the battle and his life if the IF didn't retreat suddenly when they had the advantadge.
>>
>>81310298
IW fags arent arguing they are doing what their manchild primarch knows besh, whinning and throwing shit.
>>
>>81310298
anon you literally posted this unironically
> The problem with your argument is that Perturabo is a primarch who can rapidly analyze and adapt to situations and had the 2nd best fleet of any Legion as well as being an incredible void commander able to interface with his ships through those cables in his head and Perturabo arguably was the best tactician of the primarchs or one of them at least.
all i could think of was the soijak, honestly. reminds me of a kid on a playground screaming that batman could totally beat superman or whatever.
>>
>>81310346
At least Perturabo doesn't crush his cock and balls like Dorn.
>>
>>81310343
Do you seriously try to argue using pissboy fan Johnnie's fanfiction?
>>
>>81310358
But that's just what he is. It's fan wankery to say he would've lost to Polux's shit strategy which cost him over half his force and left his own ships poorly defended.
>>
>>81310362
I dont like if or dorn, he might be worse but IW and perturabo has worst fangirls.
>>
>>81306468
Consider an Atra'zan's Blazing Cavalcade box if you find a store still keeping a stock of it. It comes with 10 of each Horrors and a Chariot for free.
>>
>>81307048
Realize it’s wip but you gotta do something to the cloak. Right now it just kills all the nice painting on the rest of the model.
>>
>>81310379
>But that's just what he is. It's fan wankery to say he would've lost to Polux's shit strategy which cost him over half his force and left his own ships poorly defended.
>>
>>81310362
You're right, Pert just ferments his junk in trench water instead.
>>
>>81310365
Did you seriuosly try to peddle a retarded "BL is not canon" take to me?
Misdirection will not save you, FW's Extermination confirmed the same fact.
>>
File: bac.png (14 KB, 722x720)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>81310415
>anon you literally posted this unironically
>all i could think of was the soijak, honestly. reminds me of a kid on a playground screaming that batman could totally beat superman or whatever.
Also faggot, batman could beat superman.
>>
My space dad is better than your space dad, checkmate
>>
>>81310481
malding, seething, coping and so forth. you’re still the one mad about a franchise novel almost ten years gone because your favorite superhero wasn’t the bestest most perfect boy
>>
>>81310530
It's warhammer 40k lighten up you fucking sourpuss, also he's a supervillain.
>>
File: avzgn946ix741.jpg (288 KB, 1191x1559)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
Lemons GTFO
>>
>>81310286
this thread just keeps proving my point lmao. i really think some people should just stick to serialized comic books, maybe children’s cartoons and marvel movies. it’s incredible that there’s people below the reading level of black library but hey, God loves ALL His children
>>
>>81310337
What would you recommend instead of the Achilles? My other ideas were double destroyer Vindicators or a chainfist Contemptor in a pod.
>>
>>81310606
>You just don't get black library
I get it perfectly fine, I can just accept half the stuff they put out is utter shit.
>>
>>81310645
Not an argument.
>>
>>81310606
Liking space dad and acting like him is their entire personality.
>>
File: IWlemons.jpg (103 KB, 1600x1488)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>81310575
You're the one to talk about lemons, lol
>>
>it's another faction autism episode
I know that whiteknight aspie will flame at me again, but please post models or games or lists or homebrews. Anything but this. Sadly, I can't post any pics yet because I just picked up a bunch of custards, mk3 and some BA dudes to source heresy parts from. Pics incoming once I'm back home.
>>
>>81310711
>>81310575
Why are you posting Yuri? Are we C&C general now?
>>
File: honsou.jpg (16 KB, 273x364)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>81310711
No, no, anon, bitter lemons don't happen until after the heresy.
>>
File: image0.jpg (1.66 MB, 4032x3024)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB JPG
>>81310726
Not my photo, but here's a good size comparison of the new IF termie praetor with other models
>>
>>81310755
Such a nice model.
>>
>>81310616
regular vindis i like a bit better, contemptor in a pod is welcome too. how many points is this?
>>
>>81310755
Those paint jobs... My eyes are in pain. Please do something at least about the decorations and fa(e)ces.
>>
>>81310645
i’ll keep you in my prayers
>>
File: 1612457402761.png (102 KB, 882x630)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
Just found a bunch of pic rel from Maxmini while sorting through my bits. I bought them like a decade ago for converting IG veterans because I really liked the look. Now the question is, should I use them as grav guns or plasma guns?
>>
>>81310922
Use them as lasguns or hellguns. They look fairly similar to Renegade's Firefly laser rifles of Black Hand stealth troopers in how they're built.
>>
>>81310922
Grav-guns maybe? Certainly don't really resemble plasma gun tech
>>
>>81310886
2k points, if I take the vindicators I can fill out my infantry squads but I'm worried with a short ranged but high power gun they'll be priority targets.
>>
>>81310912
>Not my photo
>>
>>81310976
Neither grav nor plasma have a focusing prism at the end. It's a laser weapon.
>>
>>81311066
It was a general cry of horror, just in case the one responsible does something about it.
>>
>>81302809
I love it. Using him as anything or just a fluff model?
>>
>>81310671
>>81310676
>>81310726
>>81310916
Hey guys I'm back I just had to take a shit. When do you think Erasmus Golg and Kyr Vhalen are getting models, and should I buy a Castellax Automata with a Darkfire cannon?
>>
>>81302936
>Lore
Autek Mor.
>Rules
Hm. Probably Scoria.
>Model
Alpharius.
>>
>>81302936
>Lore
Ahriman or Raldoron

>Rules
Raldoron

>Model
Ahriman, I don't get the hate for his model. I like the BA praetor too though.
>>
i was wrong about mortarion, thinking that he was another mentally ill whiny incel. he had harder childhood than perturabo, both of his fathers sucked and even after this he still loved his children.
>>
>>81310711
He can't help but eat those sour gummis
>>
>>81311364
Mortarion is a good example of somebody growing up in an abusive environment, trying to escape it and fight against it but ultimately becoming what they hated the most.
>>
>>81311113
I had no place to put a ranged weapon on my 2h powersword guy, so I decided to have this little fellow carry his bolter around. Maybe he could be used as a cyber familiar if needed.
>>
>>81311132
>castellax
Definitely get, regardless of what army or list you field. They're kino.
>models when
When FW makes generic praetors for every legion, probably. They got shat on for doing character series when unnamed HQs and some units lacked models, and now they're fixing that problem. Same goes for Khan.
>>
>>81311354
Which of the two Ahriman models? Both are cool imo, though the BoP one fits better for him as just a libby, and the one with flowing robes is a nice chief librarian.
>>
>>81311776
With his Siege book incoming the Khan must be near release, I hope. The real question is: with a bike or without?
>>
>>81311809
He has rules for him on a bike and off it so probably both.
>>
File: LionElJonson2.jpg (300 KB, 600x685)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
>>81309047
Agreed
>>
>>81311809
Seeing as it's gonna be CAD they have no excuse not to do both really.
>>
So collected vision has several blue thousand sons, and blade of traitors art has ahriman and other ts with him wearing blue. Has anybody ever painted their hh ts army blue?
>>
File: boltgun_bros.jpg (54 KB, 439x550)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>Sanctuary from the Sanctic Discipline gives psyker and their unit +1 to invulnerable saves
>This is not capped at 3++
>Imperial Fists with Storm Shields exist
>Esoterist is cheaper than a librarian to boot
>2++ invulnerable save terminators
Somebody stop me
>>
File: Adobe_20210915_224301.jpg (112 KB, 920x950)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>81312124
Based, iam actually starting DA army.
>>
>>81312253
What are you going to do when you don't roll that power 2/3rds of the time
>>
>>81312324
>Teleport across the board turn 1 instead of coming in from reserves
>Wreck shit with Str 10 power fists
>Snipe apothecaries, sergeants and dudes with scary weapons
>Burn the heretics
>Meme it up with literal warp holes zooming across the board
I don't see an issue here
>>
DA is the gayest shit.
>>
File: 220px-LionPortraitFW.jpg (9 KB, 220x202)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>8131246
Yes, and?
>>
File: smug_anime_girl.jpg (44 KB, 338x299)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>81312464
better to be gay as fuck and true to your word than straight and a pussy that turned because they couldn't handle their daddy issues.

Loyalty is its own reward.
>>
>>81312718
Yeah, its better than being straight who married several women in past and then turning gay because talking sword told you to suck cocks.
>>
>>81312995
It took several seconds to realise you were talking about purple ponce. I need a holiday
>>
Right, time to settle this once and for all
>EC
>Bottoms, femboys
>BA
>Tops, Bishounen
>DA
>DL, Married Daddies

>T. practicing homosexual
>>
>>81313042
DA can also be closeted.
>>
>>81313089
closeted men and dl men are both the same type of vermin
>>
>>81313119
Didnt knew meaning of DL. Googled it and was right about DA.
>>
>>81313042
DA are the quiet, reserved gay who's mates all think he just "never had time for a wife". The kinda gay who you'd never know was gay unless you asked them.
>>
Which Legions are okay to be depicted as heavily mutated during the SoT? DG are kinda obvious to the point of their cartoon 40k models being borderline legit and put on the Warhawk cover. What about WE, EC and WB tho?
>>
>>81313119
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd8vzIRQLLM
>>
>>81313204
EC probaly
>>
>>81313042
What about UM? they have roman aestheitic, there must be something
>>
>>81313204
WE are barely even mutated in 40k. SoH, WB, DG, EC, prolly ksons wouldve been mutated.
>>
>>81313042
>>81313089
>>81313119
>>81313154
>>81313193
>>81313272
Shut up bent freaks
>>
>>81313204
Emperor's Children and Word Bearers for sure. Sons of Horus also had marines falling heavily for the chaos meme.
>>
>>81313204
SoH had their own Chinese ripoff Gal Vorbak by the Siege, I'd say they're pretty heavy into Chaos at that point.
>>
So question on blackshields. Would ceramite gray be a fitting colour for a loyalist group, I was thinking that or bronze to go with my squats. But I don't want to have 2 armies the same colour in spite of them being militia and marines.
I was thinking light gray with lots of little scribbles to show writing on the armour, like oaths and such that they each have.
The fluff behind them is they are an amalgamation of loyalists that left their parent legion for one reason or another, with some loyal traitor legionaries. On a crusade to get to Terra and help in it's defense. Along the way they would team up with my squat force, as they are initially designed a allied detachment for that force to give it a bit more umph. Although my list is far from umphy.
>>
>>81307583
mk6 is in final field trials with the RG when they lose pretty much all their dudes at Steven Vee, so any traitor legion has access to it after that
>>
>>81313440
kek. raven jobbers.
>>
File: 1524427542074.jpg (3.29 MB, 1772x2598)
3.29 MB
3.29 MB JPG
>>81313377
>>81313353
>>81313326
>>81313243
Would it be a stretch and cringe to build either EC or WB army using new 40k CSM kits?
>>
File: every_day_is_leg_day.png (157 KB, 369x523)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>81313389
Go grey or gold
>>
>>81313480
Not at all, already seen multiple anons who did it. Just mix it a little with MK III and MK IV if you wanna go the extra mile.
The compatibility between the classic marine kits and the nu-GW semi monopose garbage is atrocious though. They really want to kill kitbashing by the looks of it.
>>
File: Garro_Sword_of_Truth.jpg (158 KB, 1000x755)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>81313389
Knight-Errants.
>>
Some traitor DG wouldnt be travelling with main force, what would they do them after their primarch and legion got corrupted, would they join other traitor legion.
>>
>>81313480
theyd work but doing 60+ marines out of monopose kits would probably look bad
>>
>>81301827

LA rule are underwhelming and overpriced, Lion's rules don't make much sense and suffer from balancing issues (shut down your overpriced Scion rule and the Lion sword vs Wolfblade power gap to name a few), half their RoW are trash and the only decent ones already had a really good version in Book 6. The units aren't bad but very costly for non scoring units. I've seen a number of new player turning up with 2/3 scoring units in a 2500 points game, wich is really tempting and easy to do in a DA list.
Tbh, stasis are the only thing that worries me when facing the DA.
>>
File: IMG_20210822_010114.jpg (359 KB, 1080x942)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
Can you use 40k ts in hh ( not too many). I dont want, i just e seeant to know if it possible.
>>
>>81313334
lol the brit is insecure. shocker there.
>>
>>81313654
you can use bits from them to spice stuff up nicely. the bolters are a bit much but everything else can work. might make a nice base for veterans
>>
File deleted.
>>81313654
>e seeant
Dont know what happened
>>
File: IMG_20210916_001939.jpg (410 KB, 955x922)
410 KB
410 KB JPG
>>81313706
>>
>>81313544
Oh I totally forgot they used that colour scheme.
The leader, who I'm painting today will be a bit different because he's in artificer 'pariah' armour.
But the rest of them I'm leading towards straight gray, like >>81313492 suggested.
>>
>>81313656
Now now. Let's not damn the convent for the action of a whore.
Most of us are perfectly reasonable and secure in ourselves. That one is evidently a defective from Birmingham.
>>
>>81313654
I've seen the termies used, just with all the bird stuff filed off. Same as the regular box. But if your Corvide or whatever it's called it could just work out of the box. I would suggest the FW heads over the big crests on all the guys though to be honest. Would make them look more standard, over specialized.
>>
>>81314019
>>81313654
put Aggressor heads on em imo
>>
>>81308974
It was an Imperial victory. Specifically it was an Ultramarine victory.
>>
I have heard many times that gw indomitus termies have symbol on shoulder that belong in 30k. Were they wrong? Pic is IH first captain, gabriel santar.
>>
>>81314588
*Doesnt belong
>>
>>81314588
>random artist two decades ago didn't know

More news at 11. Even FW managed to drop a 40k Tartaros with a crux pad into their books. Twice. But, per lore, the crux came to be after the Heresy.
>>
>>81314588
its made out of a piece of the emperors armor once he died, wasnt in 30k
>>
>>81310240
>>81310985
Vigilator gives no real benefit.
Scout doesn't confer onto the rhino as it's the seekers DT, not the vigilator.
Stealth is already given by nightfighting
Cognis doesn't help as they're already BS5.
I would suggest dropping him.

You also should look hard at the seekers. Not to say you shouldn't take them, but think about what they'll do.
They offer static, mid range fire superiority against non vehicles, but aren't effective coming out of the rhino.
You could consider combi plasma to roll up the board, slag a unit when you come out, the hold fast afterwards (say, on an objective) and scorpius everything in sight.

Otherwise keep in mind vets and support squads can take drop pods for T1 positioning, and plasma spam will generally be more useful than scorp spam. If you want rhinos for fluff reasons, a vet squad can scout 12 inches in a rhino, which is hugely useful.

Pad out the raptors as other anon said, it's worth it.
Terror squad needs volkite and/or meltabombs. It makes them a useful contributing unit, especially combined with an infiltrating rhino.

For the javs, if you haven't already, put hunter killers on those badboys. You pretty much double their output for a turn for 10pts.

Vindis are a risky choice as you have no other armourto speak of, so all the AT is going their way. They're fucking hilarious though, especially with machine spirit. Various sicarans are also very useful.

If you need more mobile AT, honestly more javs are so fucking good for their points. Lascannons/cyclone and MM, plus HK outflanking is wew.

With the termies, combi weapons means they can contribute on the turn they drop (melta could really help your list). I would also strongly suggest 1 more chainfist.
With the praetor, if you need to shave points, get a delegatus instead.
>>
>>81308579
True, true. Just hearing what the Emperor originally wanted to do with his sons from his former third-in-command would hit different though, other than vague hints from relative outsiders
>>
>>81308579
>Soulless women
Thats pretty mean, they are literally born like that. And they have what we call "soul"
>>
>>81314903
>they are literally born like that
So are xenos
>>
>>81314931
Except they are humans who help humanity and dont betray for some shitty reasons. Theres 0 reasons to hate them if you are normal human.
>>
>>81315117
incels are literally twists and should be purged.
>>
File: johan-aronson-perturabo.jpg (414 KB, 1240x1754)
414 KB
414 KB JPG
>>81315214
If only emperor knew that. there would be more lost primarchs.
>>
File: 1631398440095.jpg (31 KB, 639x384)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>81309726
>cannot into greentext
>can't understand the difference between 1,300 and 13,000

And you think we're going to care about your opinion
>>
>>81315309
the book did say that the fists lost hard, though. was like 30-40k marines, lost 10k in the warp and lost another 20k in the battle because pollux retreated like a retarded coward and thus took horrific casualties. fists lost
>>
>>81315350
>still seething
lmfao go make a thread about it
>>
>>81315350
Anon the Impy Fists peaked at 100k marines total why are you spewing such dumb numbers
>>
>>81315364
i dont play IW or even particularly care about them, its just that you fistfags are delusional retards trying to claim that losing 1/3rd of your legion and 1/2 of your fleet was a "win".
>>
>>81315397
i read the crimson fist 3 days ago, the fleet they sent was the numbers i stated. fists lost basically 1/3 of their legion in a classic dorn blunder
>>
>>81314744
>Scout doesn't confer onto the rhino as it's the seekers DT, not the vigilator.

But it does. Scout only needs at least one model in the unit for it to work, and if the Vigilator is deployed with the Seekers inside the Rhino he is part of the unit Only a single unit allowed in a transport remember

Cognis signum is something only a Master of Signal has, not a vigilator.

Dude do you even know the rules?

>Also lascannon Javelins are fucking garbage. +10 points to replace two twin linked shots with a single one, just for one point of strength? Better to keep the cyclones and strip hullpoints
>>
>>81315419
Wow this totally-not-a-IW fag thinks the IF lost 1/2 of their fleet in a battle where 1/3 of the fleet was present
>>
>>81315454
in crimson fist it said it was half their fleet they sent and it lose 2/3rds so its still like 1/3 your fleet. also i dont play IW, i plah WE. canonically some random marine from my legion killed your primarch, LOL.
>>
>>81315454
No he cant be IW fag, he even said he doesnt even care about them. Kek what a retard, Kinda feel sad about him.
>>
>>81315549
im just sick of you valrak shitters saying retarded shit constantly. losing 1/3rd of your legion in an ambush isnt a 'win'.
>>
>>81315450
Read the rules.
If a unit contains a model with scout, it can scout.
If a unit has the scout RULE, it's DT also gets scout. Otherwise, scout does not confer onto transports.

The seekers can scout with an attached vigilator, but the tank doesn't get the rule, so cannot scout.

Cyclones I agree are generally more useful, but lascannons are better at actually penetrating, instead of stripping hullpoints. You can't always get into soft rear armour, or things like sicarans don't have particularly soft rear armour to begin with. And las+MM means you have a real chance to just blow things up.
>>
>>81315606
Fuck off, i actually dont give a fuck about IF, they arent even in my top 10 fav legions. It always funny watching you defending your manchild dad.
>>
>>81315652
IF fags claiming that losing 1/3rd of their legion was a win is like if raven guard claimed they won the battle of isstvaan 5. also pert is a bitch for quitting the siege of terra (a siege dorn lost btw)
>>
File: Amunis_Assault_Squad.jpg (338 KB, 1025x669)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
>>81315704
Ok, you are based after all. Its alwayas funny people simping for some fictional character, like they will get rewarded.
>>
File: Old Monk.jpg (241 KB, 1645x922)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>81307048
Looking forward to his 40k model
>>
>>81315762
i hate all primarchs 2bh, bl turned them into capeshit retards. was dorn the one who sent the legions to isstvaan 5? whoever thought the NL were loyalists was a retard
>>
>>81315606
>valrak
ah so the truth comes out, you’re just a secondary mad about a youtuber. kek how pathetic can you get.
>seething about franchise pulp novels because a minor eceleb is annoyinh online
>>
>>81315825
>i hate all primarchs 2bh, bl turned them into capeshit retards.
Presumably you hate everyone in the setting because that's how BL made everyone look
>>
>>81315980
bl is trash in general, yes. but they havent capeshitted up marines too badly, outside of sevatar who is complete capeshit trash.
>>
>>81316020
oh, and sigismund who is king of the capeshit marines.
>>
>>81315704
>IF fags claiming that losing 1/3rd of their legion was a win is like if raven guard claimed they won the battle of isstvaan 5
Or IW in every battle they've ever fought
>>
>>81316054
Casualties are not deaths.
Marines are pretty hard to kill thanks to instant blood clotting and sus an.

Deaths are likely to be a fraction of those casualty figures, especially considering they are battles that were won, so all the injured could safely get scooped up.
>>
>>81315609
Sacrificing half the shots for a 1 in 6 chance to explode a vehicle doesn't really seem worth it. Specially when it costs more points to boot.
>>
>>81315704
>also pert is a bitch for quitting the siege of terra
Certainly one of the dumbest retcons to date.

And that is saying something.
>>
>>81316152
yea that book was retarded. pert tricking abby into suiciding the entire first company is hilarious but also is a retarded retcon since some of them are supposed to be alive in 40k, like falkus kibre is supposed to be around in 40k
>>
>>81316127
I'm not arguing with you, I use cyclones myself. I just listed it as an option, as it's not objectively worse, it's just more situational. Against heavy armour it's significantly more useful.
Lascannons are twice as likely to hurt mr spartan, can actually pen, and have a 1/3 chance to cripple or kill it when they do.
Kraks are literally wasting their time against av14.
And again, you can combine it with MM for more boom boom chance (AC av14 excluded of course)
>>
>>81316152
>>81316215
BL cares more about SUBVERTING READER'S EXPECTATIONS then writing a good story, many such cases!
>>
>>81313204
Savageorcanon is C U T E !
>>
>>81316299
The ten points you spend on the lascannons are better spent on the HKMs. I'd take 2 TL and 2 S8 shots over a TL s9 shot any day. Anything that isnt a spartan will pop from a pair ot trio of quad missile mm speeders.
>>
>>81301852
White Scars
>>
>>81301905
wow so sad why do they not get AP2 bolters wow bad game
>>
>>81317321
nice strawman bro. DA have been waiting for years for real rules and they deserved a little better. they don't even whine like BA who got fantastic rules but still kvetch about sanguinary guard.
>>
>>81317596
Sanguinary guard missing really weird though. Imagine Sons of Horus not getting Justaerin, lmao.
>>
>>81317703
as someone who's never read a BL book, that's easier for me to imagine than you might think
>>
>>81316030
>Sigismund
>capeshit
What does this even mean anymore? Are there Western superheroes who do as little as Sigismund? BL Siggy barely spends any time flexing his alleged sword skills and every time he does, he fails to actually kill anyone important. If anything, BL nerfed him hard.
>>
How dumb is this list out of 10?
1 being dumb dumb
10 being FUN dumb

WE orbital assault, 3k.

HQ
Delegatus [110pts]: Chainfist, Combi-Bolter, Cataphractii Terminator Armour

+ Elites: +

Boxnaught in pod [190pts]
Extra Armour, Flamestorm Cannon, Chainfist

Boxnaught in pod [215pts]
Extra Armour, 2x Hunter-killer Missile, x2 grav gun, Chainfist, powerfist

Red Butchers [425pts]:
8 dudes
Fist and chain fist on sarge

Veteran Tactical Squad in pod [330pts]:
X7 combi melta, x2 melta, vexilla
Arty armour and fist in sarge
Probably machine killer

+ Troops: +

Assault Squad [303pts]:
15 man, 3 power axes
Arty armour, Combat Shield, Melta Bombs, Power Fist on sarge.

Assault Squad [303pts]:
15 man, 3 power axes
Arty armour, Combat Shield, Melta Bombs, Power Fist on sarge.

+ Fast Attack: +

Deathstorm Drop Pod [115pts]
(Help stop turtling)

Javelins [150pts]
X2 Javelin, 2x Hunter-killer Missile, Multi-melta, Twin-linked Cyclone missile launcher

Javelins [150pts]
X2 Javelin, 2x Hunter-killer Missile, Multi-melta, Twin-linked Cyclone missile launcher

+ Heavy Support: +

Caestus Assault Ram, Legion [315pts]
X2 Missile Launchers

Leviathan dread in pod [390pts]:
Cyclonic Melta Lance, Leviathan Siege Claw, x2 flamers
>>
>>81317993
kek the exact proper type of retarded
>>
>>81318011
I asked for a rating out of 10 anon.
I'm retarded, but coherent.
>>
>>81318061
>>81318061
>>81318061

new thread
>>
How much were the battle of calth/burning of prospero boxes (in USD) when they were available?
>>
>>81312440
>>Teleport across the board turn 1 instead of coming in from reserves
>>Wreck shit with Str 10 power fists
Get nuked while bunched up with AP2 blasts before you can charge. Teleport is only useful if your lethality comes from shooting or you can avoid retaliation.
>>
>>81301905
did you miss the part where WS5 and 1 WS6 dude get free thunderhammers? Insane for cost
>>
>>81308245
Zardu best marine.
>>
>>81310755
Is it just me or is that new praetor way too overdone? He looks like someone who just discovered the texture tool in photoshop. He’s got more fucking bling than Dorn. Wtf.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.