[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.


[Advertise on 4chan]


File: maxresdefault.jpg (52 KB, 400x635)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
Stalagsquig Edition

>Previously, in the Mortal Realms
>>81286652

>Official AoS website
https://www.ageofsigmar.com

>Downloads; Rules Errata and FAQs:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Art Database
ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

>AoS Battletomes
https://mega.nz/folder/IaJWXIrT#B-pdno4pmA5dz3u83Mxo_A
>/YourDudes/ Fluff
https://mega.nz/#F!JPo1ATAZ!Dc8C0HngNOwI3jE7jMhxSA
>Soulbound and Supplements
https://mega.nz/folder/EKI2WRYI#exxxK7js5JLwsXljiel3kw (Dead link) Euros can't make threads
>AoS Books and Audiobooks
https://mega.nz/folder/Wjg2HSrK#nLgjQdhQodTxDCNKAnMRAA (Dead link)
One day these will be fixed.
>Tools
warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/
https://repl.it/repls/ShockingNegligibleSpecialist
nofile.io/f/EbyKWbMJVbM/dark+elf+photoshop+template.psd
https://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/
>Anvil of Apotheosis hero creator
https://aosg.github.io/

>Thread question:
What is some realy obscure part of Mortal Realms that you like?
>>
>>81298640
It's not really obscure if you know about it, is it? But I suppose the fact the Slann can make inter-realm dimensions at will for shits and giggles.
>>
>>81298640
In respect to OPs pic, why the fuck was Mollog included in the Siege of Exselcis? Apparently he was pretty pivotal as well?
>>
>>81298626

The army has plenty of distraction carnifexes. You've got the breakaboss on troggoth at 180, the killaboss on gnashtoof at 170, the killaboss on vulcha is only 240. Half the damn army is distraction carnifexes.

It's a combined arms army that wants to bait your opponent into charging gutrippaz who are fragile, and then shoot them on the way in with mortals and pummel them with monsters. It's not ironjawz, you aren't trying to bring the fight to them, you want them to bring the fight to you and then they fall into your combo traps
>>
>>81298762
>Mollog included in the Siege of Exselcis
He was? Pretty sure he wasn't.
>>
>tq
I liked the description of the floating city of Nemisuvik in ghur from the Force of Personality short. A trash gyre city peopled by a race of not-polynesians fighting khornate pirates and worshipping a sea monster
>>
>>81298808
His Bat Squig killed Sigwald and Glutos at the start of the book. That's why they weren't there despite saying they will.
>>
I really wish the kruleboyz had more bugs and animals instead of the trog freaks.
>>
>>81298838
Sloggoth grew on me, but Master Blaster is eh.
>>
File: 1629000588451.png (338 KB, 600x400)
338 KB
338 KB PNG
>>81298836
Seriously? his bat squig killed 2 chaos champions?
>>
>>81298836
No? The Seraphon fought both Sigvald and Glutos and purposefully lost to bring the two near each other so they started fighting each other instead.

>>81298869
No you retard.
>>
>>81298875
You gotta admit, thatd be hilarious if it happened.
>>
>>81298868
they're fine but when I read about the skullbugz I thought we would game way more bugs and more critters. the slogs are just kinda boring to me.
>>
>>81298929
At first I didn't catch that Skullbugz is a subfaction and thought it's an unit name
>>
>>81298786
Ideally I'm not sure I want anything to charge the gutrippaz, the tactic you are describing is what I think the 80 pts hobgrots are for. But I'd still like to use them somehow. They just don't do what I want them to I guess.
The gnashtoof only really seems useful for his mobility and bravery anchor, though the breakaboss could fuck something if he survives getting into combat. The vulcha is admittedly amazing, especially with multiple bolt-boyz.
>>
>>81298944
yeah I got peri excited when that was a subfaction. we'll hopefully get more in the future
>>
>>81298838
Yeah, more clearly 'swamp' things. The sludgeraker is great, but I wish we got something like the Mire-drakes the Belcha-banna has the tongue from.

>>81298868
I wasn't convinced by Master Blaster at first, but he's the one growing on me. I do want to see the head options though. Sloggoth still isn't doing it for me.
>>
Rate my 750 point list (it's probably shit but I based it on models I like not gameplay)

1 Knight Arcanum

1 Praetor

2 Vindicators split into 5 man teams

1 Sequitor 5 man team
>>
>>81298885
It'd be funny for sure but GW beating two Chaos named characters like that?
>>
>>81299077
No one gives a shit about 750 dude just fucking play.
Don't be some optimizing faggot at 750
>>
>>81299077
kinda lacking hitting power.
>>
>>81299022
I could swear the breaka boss had a troll head with an iron mask in one of the previews, but it's not n the sprue on GW's website.
If you're only talking about looks then I think the actual boss looks amazing. But I would prefer to bag the troll's head.
>>
>>81299117
Dankhold troggoths come with 3 head options. Could use one of those leftover heads. They're more troggish. The sloggoth also has a spare head
>>
>>81299213
>The sloggoth also has a spare head
I have been deliberately looking for that, but I haven't seen it anywhere. Do you remember where you saw that?
>>
>>81299022
>>81299117
>>81299213
I'm a retard. The breakaboss does have two head options.
>>
>>81298868
I like Master Blaster but hate his trogg's head. I've got some spare ones from rockguts that might fit, or might go for a full gimp helmet for a real Bartertown feel.
>>
File: sloggoth.jpg (812 KB, 2208x1148)
812 KB
812 KB JPG
>>81299231
>>
>>81299289
Oh. Well yes, I guess they do. They're just both equally bad. I suppose the left one is a bit more menacing.
>>
>>81299289
And here I thought the angle makes it look so different
>>
>>81299077
>it's probably shit but I based it on models I like not gameplay
If that's the case why do you care about our opinion?
>>
>>81299327
Same.
>>
>>81299320
The sloggoth is supposed to be thing dumb, hideous, misshapen troggoth, like severely abused retard troggoth
>>
>>81299337
I don't know.
>>
>>81299424
it is technically impressive and fits the bill but ultimately an ugly model I don't need to buy
>>
>>81298747
Slann are, have been, and will always be based.
>>
>>81299424
I am aware. But much like the mirebrute it's so ugly I wish they went full gimp mode on it.
>>
>>81299424
It's primarly a fucked up nightmare that moves through swamp practically unnoticed despite its size. Kruleboyz have to drug them with poisoned food to catch them, cause a one that isn't half asleep is just too sneaky.
>>
>>81299455
The buff it provides is actually incredible though. 18" range +1 to hit, no strings attached. And I believe it says friendly units, so you're a fool not buying one if you're in destruction.
>>
Finished my mostly dry brush and over brush skink. Still looks a little flat on the arm muscles but it was at least somewhat interesting to try. Certainly won’t be doing it again though.
>>
>>81299533
+1 to ht for melee stuff though, just to clarify. It would have been amazing for bolt-boyz.
>>
>>81299077
Stfu autistic nigger
>>
>>81299455
Do you play kruleboyz? Or literally any destruction? Because you may wish to rethink that or convert one. It has an 18 aura of +1 to hit in melee for any friendly models. Just friendly, no faction keywords. Ally into your ogres? +1 to hit for the while army. Ally into your gsg? +1 to hit for the while army. Taking a mercenary mega gargant with your krulez? He gets +1 to hit on all his profiles.

The thing has an insane buff, it's only like 150 pts, and it's tough to kill for a support unit at 12 wounds with a 4+ save.

It's kinda like the harvester for bonereapers. You can play without one, but you're really missing out on a key piece of their gameplay puzzle
>>
>>81299533
I'll get it after the the other, much cooler monsters that kruleboyz have
>>
>>81299581
Than your for your insight, for real. I usually play with aesthetics in mind but I do think I could paint one I enjoyed, I just don't know what I would like to do with it yet. maybe once I paint more or my kruleboyz I will figure it out, I'm moving through my last couple ironjawz first.
>>
File: Breaka-Heads.jpg (555 KB, 2628x1331)
555 KB
555 KB JPG
I've had a closer look at the Breaka-boss sprues - The Troggoth has one head with straps, one without, and the Boss has his 'normal' head, and one scarred one with what appears to be a broken skull mask.

Apologies for my shitty MS Paint job.
>>
>>81299601
Fair enough. I love the two big ones myself.
>>
>>81299581
Skipping it since I get the bonus in Big Waaagh! probably not good but fuck Dobby is ugly
>>
>>81299649
hehe kruleboyz go pogface
>>
>>81299649
Fuck me, both of those troll heads are so bad. I wish I had the skills to greenstuff a mask for him.
>>
changed my mind about the slog, I showed it to a friend and he said I should paint to yellow to look like freddie freaker and that's just perfect.
$2 a call
>>
File: 20210914_191525.jpg (1.48 MB, 3264x1504)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
I think thats about it for this fucking thing, outside of a varnish. I did a wash of agrax through the airbrush to try and make it look more dirty/old and it kinda worked? It pooled in a few places, but ive only done an airbrush wash 1 or 2 other times. Im thinking it might have been a good idea to do more of a pinwash though ALL the cracks and shit, THEN do the....agrax through the airbrush (a filter? Ive herd it called a ton of diffren things when an airbrush is involved), But im not redoing it, and i wouldnt have been assed in the first place even if i thought of it first. the lighting was a silver base, with a white scar dry brush and a talassar blue contrast over it. I think that came out alright. The dry brsuh was a little heavy so maybe that would have been better and came out more....contrast with a lighter somehow brighter dry brush. I guess i could go edge highlith all that lightning but fuck all that lmao. painting all the bronze/gold was the most annoying shit ive done in a long time.
>>
>>81299691
I think I might see if they can be magnetised - looks like it might be possible from the sprues - and work on a 3D printed masked up or caged version.
>>
>>81299628
If kruleboyz are going to be a main army, I would take their combos into consideration a bit when buying.

I will say, they don't have anything outright bad, I think even hobgrots will see use as mobile little screen/harass units, but after having read through the tome a few times, I can say this; they are a combo intensive army thay requires the right pieces working together, and will not be very forgiving of mistakes.

Take gutrippaz for example. On their own, terrible. They're flimsy, expensive, cowardly, and slow. But with the right combo, they can more than triple their damage, become impossible to shoot, hard to hit in melee, and effectively battleshock immune. It's a book that needs you to make sure you've assembled your machine properly before you unleash it, and one part out of place can send the while thing crumbling. It's the opposite of something like ironjawz or ogres.

That said, they also look incredibly fun, and their models are sick
>>
>>81299839
>Take gutrippaz for example. On their own, terrible. They're flimsy, expensive, cowardly, and slow. But with the right combo, they can more than triple their damage, become impossible to shoot, hard to hit in melee, and effectively battleshock immune. It's a book that needs you to make sure you've assembled your machine properly before you unleash it, and one part out of place can send the while thing crumbling. It's the opposite of something like ironjawz or ogres.

I haven't taken a look at the book yet, but I do have 2x dominion and am thinking of getting some new stuff when it comes out. What do I need to think about as far as combo units go?
>>
>>81299839
I don't really know anything about the game yet, to be fair, I buy what I think is cool and painting then is the primary hobby for me. I do appreciate people who know what they're doing offering their input even if I was a bit dismissive of it earlier. I really, really just like the shaman on the vulcha and that inspired me to cross over from ironjawz to kruleboyz.
>>
I want them to make a Total War AOS game. I don't care if it's good I just want to see the WHF grogs and purists screech.
>>
>>81299930
AoS is getting an RTS made by the Elite Dangerous devs, so not any time soon.
>>
>>81299930
WH4 being AoS would work well. Could just be the Flamescar Plateau and maybe game 2 would be Ghyran with their equivalent of Mortal Empires being tying these two together via realmgates.

Almost every single existing TWW faction could be added or at least their units would appear along with newcomers.
>>
>>81299930
As seen by today's reveal, they will eat every bat shit fried in gutter oil and love it, no metter what
>>
File: Settra_Rules.jpg (333 KB, 1000x1283)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
>>81298640
Soon
>>
>>81299930
Why do you take pleasure in other people's discontent? You are a sad and angry person.
>>
>>81299866
The sloggoth and sludgeraker are 2 big combo pieces, granting some strong auras, and you will probably want at least 1 of each. The shaman also is good but better at supporting the crossbow Boyz. You'll need a killaboss of some kind to keep your gutrippaz from running, and one of the artifacts is a grenade that deals 5+ mws to a unit, great as a charge deterrent or countercharge trap. The killaboss on vulcha let's you double up on command abilities which can be clutch.

Probably one of the most important pieces is going to be the sludgeraker. Give him the command trait to pass wounds off on a 4+ to double his toughness or give him the redeploy trait if you want to try for some early mayhem in the opponents lines. Beastskewer killbowz are also fantastic, but probably you will only need 1 or 2. They are a hard counter to things like mega gargants or the new stormcast dragons, but don't do much against regular enemies
>>
KB also have an artefact that gives a 5+ ward to any FRIENDLY (ie fucking anybody) within 12”, so that’s not too shabby.
>>
>>81299752
Very nice bro!
>>
>>81300450
It's not that good, you are overstating it. It's once per game and only for that phase, and I think its shooting phase only. Good for surviving some turn 1 archers, but otherwise situational
>>
>>81300101
Does mixing IJ with Kruleboyz seem decent in anyway?

Can you still do one of the Warclans but ally in other Orcs like the last book?
>>
>>81299992
Literally nothing wrong with Cathay. Looks based. People forget Cathay (and Nippon) used to have rules and based on the devblog, GW planned to do Cathay in 8th but obviously didn't bother.
>>
>>81300818
Orruk Warclans can’t ally with itself. They have to be in Big Waaagh to play together. There’s some talk of BW being good, but I haven’t read much myself
>>
>>81300967
Dang, guess I need 10 more gutrippaz.

Or just play big yellers I suppose, they seem strong anyway.
>>
Does anyone have the kruleboyz points page? I saw it posted yesterday but I can’t find it
>>
So am I better off running brutes as battleline under big waaagh with kruleboyz monsters instead of running KB with gutrippaz?
>>
File: owc points.png (1.07 MB, 1044x1164)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>81301133
>>
When does the beta app release? "This week" is fucking annoying information.
>>
>>81301309
GW has no idea I think.
>>
>>81300967
> have megaboss
> have a bunch of units in combat
> hero phase
> use Mighty Destroyers command ability from Megaboss
> megaboss gets to issue commands to three units at a time
> three units get to pile in
> rule 12.3- after making pile in you MUST make combat attacks
> three units, including Megaboss, get to fight
> be in Big Waagh
> do the Mighty Destroyer AFTER generating WAAGH points
> hopefully get +1 to hit or wound
> wait doesn't matter I'm in range of sloggoth retard troll and his huge +1 to hit range
> hitting on 2s, wounding on 3s everywhere
Hmmmmmm
>>
File: file.png (319 KB, 1048x183)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
Tauralon can't take mount traits
because reasons

~the best rules ever~
>>
File: next week.png (572 KB, 847x761)
572 KB
572 KB PNG
>>81301309
>>
>>81301401
it seems like an oversight, email GW about this

if enough people email them they will probably fix it in the FAQ

AoSFAQ@gwplc.com
AoSFAQ@gwplc.com
AoSFAQ@gwplc.com
>>
>>81301438
Literally why would I use this over Battlescribe or why would I use the Necromunda shit over Yaktribe? GW is retarded.
>>
Any screencaps of the Stormcast book? I'm getting annoyed pausing the videos over and over.
>>
>>81301489
Actually, let me change my second statement to a question. Does GW really think that their stuff is in a vacuum? They encourage you to buy only their stuff when there are a million better options on the market. Sprue cutters? No. Plastic cement? No. Their app? Why? Do they not understand that people aren't ignorant and will google things? Or do people not do that? I mean, people seek out alternatives to things, right?
>>
>>81301499
https://imgur.com/a/LfyenqQ
>>
>>81299649
>both troll heads have hair
>the hair is copied over and not a different sculpt for each head
Destruction truly is the NPC faction. They should just outsource the sculpting if no one at GW gives a shit about destruction.
>>
>>81301651
>if no one at GW gives a shit about destruction.
Did you not see Gobsprakk's model? 10/10
>>
>>81301579
This is amazing. Thanks :D Can be like this but with the Orruks Warclans please?
>>
>>81298640
>TQ
There are beastmen in the skies of Chamon who run around on metal clouds and worship herdstones made of aethergold. They've fucked up some KO that have tried to take the herdstones.
>>
File: dantheduckgun.gif (110 KB, 350x350)
110 KB
110 KB GIF
>>81301915
>:D
>>
File: file.png (24 KB, 445x457)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
I miss Bonesplitter Wizards being good.
This doesn't feel like a good list.
>>
>>81301248
a model that costs 1/3 is more points. God damn you GW

Referring to the birb and the alligator
>>
>>81301843
>vulture with tail and less feathers
Wow, its 10/10. If we are lucky, the next orc redesign will look decent on more than the mages and masked units. I really love that both the green retard battletomes have the ugliest modes in their ranges on their covers.
>>
>>81301579
Got the warclans one?
>>
>>81302171
honestly it might be my favourite model from games workshop. you can like whatever else you enjoy.
>>
>>81301144
Probably. Hard to say, brutes hit harder generally, but a fully supported unit of gutrippaz might actually do more damage. Brutes are 4+ save but 15 wounds vs 5+ save and 20 wounds with possible -1 to hit, so the gutrippaz are actually a tad tougher but also fold to battleshock easier so will need a killaboss.

If you have a dedicated warchanter to support the brutes the math changes a bit, and brutes do significantly more damage. Brutes are also much faster since they have access to mighty destroyers.

Overall I think there's a good argument for both, and I do think people on this board are generally underrating gutrippaz because they are looking at the stock warscroll, when it's a combo unit, and I do think gutrippaz will actually outperform brutes against anything that can approach a 3+ or 2+ save, as the brutes rend will just bounce off them, while krules can reliably pile on 9 or 10 mortal wounds with their combo pieces
>>
>>81301485
>biggest mini game company in the world
>1bn market cap
>cant make rules, faq, army books or apps for a shit
if GW was a new company or didnt have the WH legacy it would be a dead company in 1 year. What a pile of shit.
>>
>>81299930
They will keep playing TW WH and Vemintide.
You cant do an AoS rts as good because you will have to have stormwankary and the unit roster for SCE will be 100 units and the next closest army will have 20.
Then every time you select a unit youll get
>Foar sigmar *jamacian accent"
>Only the faithful *femcast voice*
and the maps will have metal rivers, fighting on godbeasts and other dumb AoS shit
>>
>>81301942
>who run around on metal clouds
I fucking hate AoS fluff so much. I cant wait for TOW to end this shit.
>>
File: 1593892942454.png (271 KB, 601x304)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
>>81303070
>I cant wait for TOW to end this shit
>>
>>81303048
sounds awesome. Imagine the memes that would come out of a fully voiced jamaicast
>>
>>81303070
>he doesn't know about cathy
>>
>>81303664
what did she do now?
>>
>>81303862
Turn into a fire emblem manakete.
>>
Does anyone know where I can get the 3.0 Path to Glory rules?

When I google "AoS 3.0 Path to Glory" I get so many fucking reviews and blog posts and warcom articles and fucking none of them are clear about where these rules are.

I see videos and pics of people reading them from the big hardback rulebook... is that the only fucking place they are? I didn't get one because the rules were a free download and fully reprinted in the GHB.
>>
>maroon color scheme
>alright fluff
>wizard shit
What's the first thing to grab if I wanna start Celestial Warbringers?
>>
Did the slaves to darkness white dwarf rules also update coalition rules?
>>
>>81304070
Not that I see, what were you hoping would get changed?
>>
Here's the question though. If you run a combined army of kruleboyz and ironjawz, should they be painted as two different warclans or should they all share a color scheme?
>>
>>81304271
Either, but they can and do form mixed warbands.
>>
>>81304271
Ironsunz and Big Yellers both wear yellow anyway.
>>
>>81304227

I thought that there would be similar coalition rules that monogod factions get. Ie. You're able to have 1/2 of your roster from x faction if you have the same mark and 1/4 from beasts of chaos. Legion of azgorh as an ally would also have been cool.

If these rules already exist, then I'm an illiterate retard who can't browse wahapedia.
>>
>>81299533
So any destruction army can ally it in? Not well versed in those rules for 3rd.
>>
>>81304040
The models that you like. With some attempt to get a variety of role-fillers.
>>
>>81299651
Take it as a distraction carnifex.
>>
Odds: sculpt shakos on elves to use as grenadiers(fire drakes).
Evens: give them crossbows and sombreros to act as low class militia.
>>
>>81304009
gofile dot io slash d slash KUTJuq
>>
>>81304550
If they get Orruk Warclans as allies, yes. And it even has the Troggoth keyword so you can probably even combo it in GSG.
I saw some people saying the Mirebrute can bebefit from the troggboss' command ability or something. Not sure about that one myself though, haven't looked at it.
>>
>>81304009
Wahapedia under Narrative Play
>>
File: file.png (44 KB, 338x112)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
just gonna remind you guys about this
>>
>>81305171
Ah. the BAGGAGE TRAIN army composition
>>
>>81301395
Oh no, you're one of those retards. Pile in moves are defined in 12.2, MD gives pile in not pile and attack. Still useful for potentially tagging shooting units in the hero phase to prevent redeploys or unleash hells but we're not triple fighting in the hero phase for 1 cp.
>>
AFIAK You can't alli warclans into warclans. The only way to run kruleboyz and ironjaws together is big waagh
>>
>>81305177
No, you only ever get one coach but you can roll a d6 to see if you get a black coach, a black coach or a black coach
>>
>>81305292
What's stopping me from always rolling on that table?
>>
>>81305294
nothing i guess
>>
>>81305071
Thanks! Still peeved they're not included in the download or the softbacks you get with the starter boxes.
>>
Which type of kroolbruv should I be looking forward to making a character for all on my lonesome in Soulbound?
>>
>>81305354
Hobgob archer that makes fun of Kragnos for being an idiot.

Hello, fellow loner player
>>
>>81301579
>>81301915
>>81302368
I will ask for the warclans battletome too.
>>
>>81299289
The Sloggoth is weird- the left looks ugly, but there's something about the discount cart titan on the right that just looks... off.
>>
>>81305171
God 2e PtG was so imbalanced.
>>
>>81305414
And stormcast battletome i need to translate the rules : ( .....
>>
>>81301942
>beastmen in the skies of Chamon who run around on metal clouds

Let me guess they're ape themed and fight with staves?

NGL would love to see Chaos Goku fuck up some Stormcast
>>
>>81305292
A man may have any model of coach in any colour he likes, as long as it is black

- Henry T Ford
>>
>>81305624
That'd be another good army idea
Actually that'd be a good armies on parade theme
>>
>>81305545
>GW's translators are so fucked they need to lurk 4chan to get the material they need to translate
Sad!
>>
Building my Koolboyz list, I want "monster" spam (few actual monsters) so this is what I'm going for. Thoughts?

>gobsbrapp 300
>vulchaboss 240
>breakaboss 180
>killaboss on gnashtoof 170
>swampcalla 105
>snatchaboss 315
>gutrippaz 180
>gutrippaz 180
>gutrippaz 180
>sloggoth 150

total: 2000
>>
>>81305646
Not quite just GW stoped translate for Poland about 8ed of 40k(the last codex in PL was from 7ed)
>>
Any idea what to use to carry the chaos warshrine?

I dont like the 2 mutant guys carrying it and want to use something else
>>
>>81305687
Kitbash mumakils from lotr/dinos from seraphon/guys(slaves) pulling it on logs egyptian style
>>
>>81305217
What are the rules like for big waaagh? Garbage I expect like most soup rules? Wanted to start a mixed army of IJ and kruelboyz but that seems disappointing
>>
>>81305687
take a trip to chamon and give it defiler legs
>>
>>81305713
You +1 to a slowly increasing number of things depending on what you have on the field
Also IJ units keep mighty destroyers, KB keep their weapon poison, and BS keep their tats
>>
so what delusion "leaks" are still out there?
kruleboyz cav? chaos dwarfs?
>>
>>81305797
I only know of 40k leaks that are becoming increasingly credible
>>
>>81305801
sure, if you say black templars over 2 decades you're right one day
>>
>>81305805
warpsmith
>>
>>81305797
multiparts
>>
>>81301579
Wait, the dragons are stormies? I thought they were like Kragnos and Gotrek.
>>
>>81305903
yeah the dragon with sigmar iconography and armour is grand alliance order :^)
>>
>>81305445
is 3rd pog any better?
>>
>>81305171
Never fails to make me lough
>>
>>81306019
Seems like it uses points as a base and enforces unit limits right? Seems like that's 100x better by default.
>>
File: 1630406897536.jpg (307 KB, 1200x1662)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>"wight king with black axe" done
>neferata about finished
>about to start 9 batswarms
it feels nice to clear through my now irrelevant backlog
>>
>>81305181
Buddy the next line says after a pile in you MUST attack.
Sounds like YOU are the retard here
>>
>>81306183
nta but there is a difference between a pile-in move and a combat move
>>
Am i blind or does the mega not contain the full aos rulebook, with narrative play and all?
>>
File: 9JQj6a4X0SeRoNtH.jpg (64 KB, 500x633)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>Dragon hilt longsword
>Long hair
>Cloak
Mark my words it's fucking Felix Jaeger
>>
>>81306263
That's dark hair
>>
>>81306267
he got turned into a persian
>>
>>81305354
You play soulbound solo?
>>
>>81306263
It's feline headed like the comparable pelt shown on another rumour.
>>
>>81306263
>hair
Helmet plum
>>
>>81305354
>>81305401
What timezones you in, I'll host you
>>
>>81301579
Why is their spell lore so boring

They're THE army of azyr, why can't they do cool shit like calling down comets or summoning magical tides to wash away the enemy?
>>
The AoS app is out now btw. It actually works pretty well and you have everything from 2nd Edition for free on it, including allegiances and stuff
>>
>>81306500
That app could hive me a hand job on download, but I would still hate it for fucking up the releas
>>
>>81306500
The question is how long it will be in "free beta" mode
>>
>>81305354
>>81305401
>>81306334
Y’all got up to date soulbound rules?
>>
>>81306568
20 minutes
>>
>>81306627
Yeah every book
>>
>>81306649
Did it improve upon the initially released version?
>>
>>81306211
There absolutely is not, there isn't even a term for "combat move" in the fucking rules.
12.3 is explicitly clear once you finish a pile in move you must attack- There isn't an option. So if something lets you pile in you get to fight.
>>
Are Sloggoth and Sludgerakker spamable, or are they more of a "1 unit per army" thing?
>>
>>81306263
I dunno why but it looks elvish to me.
>>
>>81306749
I guess so? Not sure what you're talking about desu
>>
File: 20210915_023011.jpg (3.11 MB, 2000x2666)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB JPG
Finished a crocodrak of khorne.
>>
>>81306301
>>81306263
looks vampiric, the scabbard is scalloped like bat wings, or I guess it could be dragon wings.
>>
>>81306840
Nice work anon
>>
Stormcast get a mortal unit in their army in the same way that space marines have servitors or CSM have cultists

What's the unit and what's their function in the lore + tabletop?
>>
>>81306831
Seemed a tad unprofessional, that gw quality proofreading etc

Other than that it’s hard to say, because it is supposed to be heroic adventures. But there seemed some imbalances.
>>
>>81306900
Never noticed any of that. Game is great.
>>
>>81306884
>Devoted of sigmar.
Snackbar meat shield chaff.
>>
>>81306904
Did seem like it’d be a bit of fun
>>
Does anyone here struggle to enjoy painting larger models? I’m painting a zombie dragon I want to bring to a game with my friend tomorrow, I have painted halfway and then stripped this model at least 5 times now, and once again I am not enjoying painting it, which is weird because I like painting regiments of grave guard and zombies but not this, how do you bring yourself to painting models you don’t enjoy?
>>
>>81306959
Pick one area like the head or wings and devote most of your energy to that then just do the rest pretty quickly in darker neutral tones with washes or contrast.
>>
>>81306884
Why should they get a mortal unit?
>>
File: 2021-05-11.jpg (30 KB, 252x320)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>81306263
>>
>>81307077
Nice catch.
Yeah, probably the same mini
>>
>>81306884
Attendants like dark apostle dudes. Basic supportey stuff
>>
>>81307077

Could those be stakes?
>>
Trying out the new app, it's clumsy to make s list in it.

Buy what do you all think of this sylvaneth list?:
Army Name: Tree dudes
Army Faction: Sylvaneth
Subfaction: Dreadwood
Battlepack: Pitched Battles
Points Limit: 1000 pts
Core Battalions
Battle Regiment
Drycha Hamadreth
Battalion Slot Filled: Commander
Battlefield Role: Leader
Points Cost: 330 pts
Spite-Revenants
Battalion Slot Filled: Troops
Battlefield Role: Battleline
Reinforced: Once
Points Cost: 140 pts
Spite-Revenants
Battalion Slot Filled: Troops
Battlefield Role: Battleline
Reinforced: Once
Points Cost: 140 pts
Kurnoth Hunters with Kurnoth Greatswords
Battalion Slot Filled: Troops
Battlefield Role: Other
Points Cost: 225 pts
Tree-Revenants
Battalion Slot Filled: Troops
Battlefield Role: Battleline
Points Cost: 80 pts
Tree-Revenants
Battalion Slot Filled: Troops
Battlefield Role: Battleline
Points Cost: 80 pts
Total Points: 995 pts
Invalid: Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App
>>
>>81306263

Looks too dainty to be Stormcast.

Could be a Vamp, but looks more draconic than batlike, plus Vampires in Warhammer usually have rapiers or sabers, not longswords.

Could be elvish, which might be interesting since it's probably not LRL.
>>
So its pretty obvious what happens when Nurgle/Khorne/Tzeench corrupt a realm but what happens when Slaanesh start taking over a place?

And I don't mean like "haha growing dicks everywhere" but like seriously
>>
>>81306493

It's slightly less shit than their old lores, but that's not saying much. Also another example of them having their number of lore spells halved and most of them still being boring/shitty.
>>
>>81307193
haha growing dicks everywhere but seriously.
>>
>>81307203
I deserve that
>>
>>81307180

Nah, those are definitely arrows. So if it is the same model, they're probably holding a bow with a longsword on their back, which seems vague elven Rangerish. At the very least, doesn't seem to be SC, doesn't fit KB either, or Vampires.
>>
>>81307193
In Scourge of Fate the MC goes through a Slaaneshi corrupted forest and it's described as having trees made of flesh, illusions that temp you to go deeper off the path and a constant scent of strong perfume that's very overwhelming.
>>
>>81306840
I like it alot, but i hate the red base trim
>>
>>81307296
What would you suggest as base trim?
>>
>>81307308
lime green
>>
Stormcast have 35 leaders

That's more leaders than most armies have units
>>
>>81307435
Lumineth have 14 Wizards

That's more wizards than most armies have.
>>
>>81307450
How's that relevant? You're comparing wizards to wizards. I'm comparing heroes to units generally
>>
>>81307461
What's your point though? You just highlighted something for seemingly no reason.
>>
I have this months WD

Any questions on things inside?
YES, there is a shitty painted model in the back
>>
>>81307482
So about that StD update...
>>
>>81307187
I really want to know what the delay was. This feels pretty barebones. At least it moves smoothly.
>>
>>81307471
Because I'm saying stormcast have way too many fucking units if what should be a small chunk of their army is bigger than most armies
>>
>>81307486
Do you want all rules (open play and ptg) or just the matched play ones
>>
>>81307435

I mean, if it makes you feel any better at least 2/3rds of them are completely useless.
>>
>>81307482
Post pictures of the ugly models!
>>
>>81307490
Ok and? What do you want them to do? Take away units from the army?
>>
>>81307489
The old aos app was much better and seemed more user friendly, this is just s mess so far
>>
>>81303862
Now we know why Imrik is known as the dragon tamer.
>>
>>81307513
Yes, delete all the pre-dominion shit
>>
>>81307565
Based.
>>
>>81303070
Agreed. This is so wanky. It's written with such disregard for any grounding that it expects the audience to be clinically retarded.

It's like they asked themselves "how much wank can we get away with this time?" like they were trying to get a world record.
>>
The reference section of the app seems functional, but super-bare bones. It almost feels more like proof of concept than beta ready.

The army builder, as far as I can tell is garbage. Awkward to use and ending up crashing before I could add any actual units.

It's at a barely acceptable level even for a free app, basically. Considering they plan to paywall all the even vaguely useful shit eventually, I'm not impressed.
>>
>>81307589
>t.lorelet
Imagine thinking that AoS is hard to follow when it's really simple.
>>
>>81307597
Are you retarded? It's really easy to use and has never crashed for me. Perhaps your phone is just awful?
>>
Kinda weird that StD units are listed in battleline for BoC. I think it might be a glitch though, I swear it just listed gors and ungors before i made my doombull the general.
Also I can't figure out how to select a subfaction, maybe that's not in yet.
>>
>>81307599
Yeah it's simple in the sense that it's a dumping ground for wank writing
>>
>>81306773
Their stuff doesn't stack, but there's no reason not to have more than one Sludgeraker if that's what you want.
>>
>>81307638
Anon, you select your subfaction when you start your list. How did you miss it?
>>
>>81307643
It's really not. But not like you'd actually know what you are talking about you fucking secondary.
>>
>>81307655
Oh weird. Nice that you can't go back and change it.
>>
>>81307491
The Matched ones please. The rest can wait until we got a proper pdf.
>>
>>81307638
Chaos Knights and Chaos Chariots aren't battleline though, which is wrong.
>>
>>81307617

Hello, person who doesn't understand anything about crashes and software in general. How you doing today?
>>
>>81307662
AoS lore is obviously worst part of AoS you faggot, stop defending the indefensible

AoS is best experienced by ignoring 90% of the lore and making up your own shit in the corner of the realms because the average person has better sensibilities than the average GW AoS lore writer
>>
>>81307638
It's just forshadowing of the soup
>>
>>81307729
No wonder you don't like AoS lore, you don't even know it. Amazing. Let me guess, you think Fantasy was a dark gritty realistic low fantasy game right? Or you hate how Slaanesh is apparently dead in AoS? Or how Stormcast are just suits of armor? Go ahead and tell me again. AoS lore is great, faggot. The worst part of AoS is dealing with you secondaries.
>>
>>81307719
Better than you apparently, my app works great lol.
>>
File: S2D_Update_Page_1.png (3.26 MB, 1153x2048)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB PNG
>>81307682
1/3
>>
>>81307187
It's inferior to the old app in every way. Don't understand why they couldn't just include that one with wh+ instead of creating a new worse one
>>
File: S2D_Update_Page_2.png (3.57 MB, 1153x2048)
3.57 MB
3.57 MB PNG
>>81307760
2/3
>>
File: S2D_Update_Page_3.png (3.68 MB, 1153x2048)
3.68 MB
3.68 MB PNG
>>81307773
3/3
>>
>>81307617
You sound like a wh+ sub you cumdrunk faggot
>>
>>81307753

That's why I implied you're a retard, you think crashes are binary and based primarily on hardware and not a result of me taking a certain series of steps.

I fiddled with the app for five minutes and found a reproducible crash scenario, that's all I'm saying. I could take the time to submit a bug report but GW isn't paying me so fuck that.
>>
>>81307617
Just downloaded it myself and tried it, lets me create a list but crashes every time I try to add a unit to it.
>>
File: e4b.jpg (6 KB, 200x205)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>WD has a campaign battle in it
>Supposed to represent city fighting
>StD vs StD (you dont have to though)
>each player gets a free rally a turn
>obj is to control more terrain than your opponent
>DEPLOYMENT IS LITERALLY JUST "MORE THAN 3" AWAY FROM ENEMY UNITS"

this shit is gonna be a bloodbath
>>
>>81307800
>>81307803
>>81307840
Get better phones then. It works perfectly fine and everyone I have talked to outside of here says it works fine too. So the problem is with you.
>>
>>81307743
kys faggot, you have one response

To show I'm not a secondary I'll answer your implied questions:

Fantasy had historically-inspired nations with extrapolated fantasy elements, e.g. technology and mythology of the relevant culture was the basis of the fantasy parts. Elf factions were the most high fantasy factions. There were contrivances in WFB for sure, like how bretonnia refused to use gunpowder, but AoS takes it to a whole other level.

I don't hate how slaanesh is dead, because it's not dead, it was chained by the combined efforts of some of the elven gods + morathi

Stormcast are flesh and blood sigmar just gives away a bit of his power each time he makes one.
>>
>>81307870
So you just have bad taste then instead? What a weird thing to shout at people about. Showing everyone how shit your opinion is. Next time, just fuck off and never come back.
>>
>>81307885
You act like you have some kind of authority over the thread, you're just as much a self-important wanker as the lore writers
>>
>>81307904
So tell me, how is AoS lore "wank"? And how are the writers "self important"? Because there's Beastmen in the clouds? Sounds like you just freak out over the smallest thing.
>>
File: 66543.jpg (333 KB, 1106x962)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
>>81307851
+1 social credit
>>
>>81307785
What the actual fuck this is it?
>>
>>81307842
Definitely the kind of game that can be decided before round 1, depending on matchups and deployment choices.
>>
File: file.png (17 KB, 276x58)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>81306761
i meant combat attacks, and the rules says a pile-in move. It is only if you fight you do the whole sequence. You are not eligible to fight, so you dont do combat attacks. 12.3 does not even mention attacks
>>
>>81307938
But it's fine when you use anecdotal evidence to say it crashes all the time? Nice hypocrisy, you must be a Fantasy fanboy.
>>
>lumineth are getting war hippos
based
>>
>>81305046
Evens and odds: anon gets nothing done and continues discussing plans instead of implementing them
>>
>>81307963
I've never had my app crash you're just a corporate cockrider that should swallow razor blades
>>
>>81307947
if you use MD to pile-in you would be eligible to fight since you were within 3 inches of an enemy unit in the first place
>>
>>81307984
sauce?
>>
>>81308009
Yeah bro, keep fighting the man, comrade! #resist
>>
>>81307925
Because it's a shallow gimmick with no thought for the natural questions that are going to arise in the mind of the audience.

How do the metal clouds stay afloat? How does the physics of any of that work?
How do the beastmen compete against such a technologically advanced race?
How do the beastmen have access to basic resources like food and water in such an isolated and inhospitable place?
How the hell did the beastmen get to such an isolated place in the first place?

AoS is written to be all sound and fury with no substance, a dog that barks but doesn't bite.
>>
>>81307947
ah shit i meant to say 12.2 does not even mention attacks.
>>81308010
Yeah you would be eligible to fight later in the combat phase, you do not get to fight extra in the hero phase. Might just be gw fucking up their own rules again.
>>
BoC has 2 points for the tzaan shaman, skumdrekk has the wrong picture, can't put the marshcrawla in a list lol
>>
>>81307943
Yes
>>
>>81308023
white dwarf talks about the lumineth river temple and talks about "water pachyderms"
>>
>>81305071
>gofile dot io slash d slash KUTJuq

thank u frend
>>
>>81308046
>How do the metal clouds stay afloat? How does the physics of any of that work?
There's floating islands and heavy clouds in Chamon, this is already established

>How do the beastmen compete against such a technologically advanced race?
How does anything compete against anything? Magic, numbers, mutations etc

>How do the beastmen have access to basic resources like food and water in such an isolated and inhospitable place?
Perhaps they have adapted to life in the skies and have wings? There's also water vapor and animals above the clouds, so resources aren't entirely hard to find

>How the hell did the beastmen get to such an isolated place in the first place?
Perhaps they have always been there? Perhaps a spell went wrong and they got teleported? Perhaps they are the mutated remnants of a Kharadron crew?

Actually think for a second about things Anon.
>>
>>81308009

He's not even a paid shill, any actual professional software developer would be requesting details on any and all crashes so they can be fixed in future updates. It's literally in beta right now, the point of it being free is to gather feedback and fix it up to a standard they can justify charging for.

He's just a brain damaged retard that thinks anything that reflects badly on a warhammer branded product needs to be aggressively pushed back on, even if it's true.
>>
>>81307193
The WD that releases on friday actually describes it

Basically a mix of flesh and architecture, with smells that are both intoxicating and repungent
>>
>>81308101
Then file a report on the issues of a beta then. Stop shouting at randoms online.
>>
>>81308093
>already established
and yet unexplained

>How does anything compete against anything? Magic, numbers, mutations etc
AKA you have no idea so you're doing the writer's job for them.

>Perhaps they have adapted to life in the skies and have wings? There's also water vapor and animals above the clouds, so resources aren't entirely hard to find
If you have to start your sentence with 'perhaps' you're already having to do the writer's jobs for them. Do you not see the problem?

>Perhaps they have always been there? Perhaps a spell went wrong and they got teleported? Perhaps they are the mutated remnants of a Kharadron crew?
Again, perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. This is the writer's job, not yours.

The writers are lazy wankers who never justify the mechanics of anything because if they did it would limit their future writing by forcing them to be internally consistent.
>>
>>81308135
Anon it's a single blurb in a whole book of lore. So you want a entire book about every single thing they write? What horrible autism you have. Knowing how the universe works, you don't need to explain any of this because it already fits. It's that simple.
>>
>>81308135
All of that is perfectly consistent. Have a lie down.
>>
>>81308149
No, but if they're gonna add in far fetched shit, I'd like some explanation. Alternatively they could write something interesting and characterful instead of just piling extravagant fantastical qualities on top of each other and calling it a day.
>>
>>81308165
Your reading comprehension sucks.

I never said they were inconsistent, I said they're intentionally so vague that the issue of consistency never arises in the first place.
>>
>>81308119

Who's shouting? I literally just posted my first impressions including a crash, and that retard immediately started going off on me.

I could file a report with GW, but managing betas is literally my real life job and I can't be bothered.
>>
>>81308046
>How do the metal clouds stay afloat? How does the physics of any of that work?
Magic, bitch. It's the realm of Metal, so metal does fantastical things it shouldn't do. Almost like it's a mythic setting and not hard sci-fi.
>How do the beastmen compete against such a technologically advanced race?
Same way they do everything, ambushing in great numbers. I can tell you the last thing that KO fleet expected when they popped above the tinfoil clouds was for a whole goddamn bunch of goats to start climbing aboard.
>How do the beastmen have access to basic resources like food and water in such an isolated and inhospitable place?
There's probably other flora and fauna up there. Using my brain, I surmise that the existence of a large population of megafauna necessitates that the resources to sustain them must also be there. Or maybe they're sustained by the chaos aura coming off their herdstones.
>How the hell did the beastmen get to such an isolated place in the first place?
They popped into existence there. They climbed a mountain and stepped onto the clouds below the peaks. A bunch of wizards levitated above the clouds for a spell, saw the glory of chaos and mutated on the spot.
Use your imagination anon.
>>
>>81308169
Anon, it already does make sense in the context of the universe. It's really not that hard. If you heard a story about someone who fell of a tower IRL, would you also pick apart every single element of it down to the tiniest detail of how gravity works?

>>81308185
It absolutely is consistent. Nothing in that little story contradicts anything else.

>>81308198
This. You are absolutely correct.
>>
>>81308169
Have you considered that the point of those small blurbs is to inspire imagination and lead people to come up with their own ideas? Not everything needs to be explicitly fleshed out. Thinking like that lead to the Horus Heresy, and that’s a fucking mess.
>>
I can't belive an anon got triggered but beastman in the clouds. That's some funny shit.
>>
>>81308221
>Magic, bitch. It's the realm of Metal, so metal does fantastical things it shouldn't do. Almost like it's a mythic setting and not hard sci-fi.
How is this a good enough justification? Magic in WFB had distinct mechanics to it, magic in AoS is a placeholder for whatever wank the writers come up with.

>Same way they do everything, ambushing in great numbers. I can tell you the last thing that KO fleet expected when they popped above the tinfoil clouds was for a whole goddamn bunch of goats to start climbing aboard.
Doesn't work that way, see the Anglo-zulu war.

>There's probably other flora and fauna up there. Using my brain, I surmise that the existence of a large population of megafauna necessitates that the resources to sustain them must also be there. Or maybe they're sustained by the chaos aura coming off their herdstones.
Ah yes all the plants growing in the metal islands

>Use your imagination anon.
I'll use it for my own corner of the realms. Canon justifications are a job for GW.

>If you heard a story about someone who fell of a tower IRL

No because people can fall out of towers IRL and that's no different. However, one cannot live on floating metal clouds IRL, that's pretty obvious anon.

>It absolutely is consistent. Nothing in that little story contradicts anything else.

Do you need glasses? I never said it was inconsistent, i said it was extremely vague

and stop samefagging >>81308292
>>
>>81307984
Unsurprising
>>
>>81308302
>it's extremely vague
that's because the entire thing is one paragraph amidst a spread of twenty other blurbs like it
>>
>>81308302
>Magic in WFB had distinct mechanics to it, magic in AoS is a placeholder for whatever wank the writers come up with.

WFB had flying towers, AoS has flying islands. Literally the same magic, the only difference is that one is man made and the other is a natural phenomenon, like a canal and a river.
>>
>>81308262

Some people just don't have any imagination.

Also Chamon in general, is honestly probably the weirdest and most out there of the 8 mortal realms. It doesn't get written about much comparatively, but it's the complete opposite of grounded.

The first AoS novels set in Chamon were the Realmgate Wars, and that shit is an acid trip compared to the other campaigns going on at the same time.

Not really defending the anon, just pointing out that I think even most AoS players don't really "get" Chamon.
>>
>>81308336
WFB has flying islands too thanks to Cathay.
>>
>>81308336
>Literally the same magic
No it's not. WFB had winds of magics from the polar gates that flowed strongly around areas most closely related to the nature of the winds as well as fluctuating from time to time.

AoS magic is everywhere all the time and just broadly divided between realms and progressively stronger towards the outer rims.

>WFB had flying towers, AoS has flying islands
Much easier to explain flying towers because those are sorcerous constructs rather than naturally-occurring.

>that's because the entire thing is one paragraph amidst a spread of twenty other blurbs like it
already addressed this>>81308169
>>
>>81308302
>How is this a good enough justification? Magic in WFB had distinct mechanics to it, magic in AoS is a placeholder for whatever wank the writers come up with.
Barely and AoS follows the same and similar rules. You'd know if you knew what you were talking about

>Doesn't work that way, see the Anglo-zulu war.
Look at the Vietnam war and the recent troubles in the Middle East. Or do you think it's impossible for a less technical force to beat a high tech force? Especially with magic in the mix?

>Ah yes all the plants growing in the metal islands
Anon, not all the islands are made entirely out of metal. Why do you even think that? What's wrong with you?

>I'll use it for my own corner of the realms. Canon justifications are a job for GW.
It's already justified, you just don't understand it.

>stop samefagging
How embarrassing
>>
File: 8eJnHg9OpJSsZJxU.jpg (202 KB, 1500x750)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>81308397
Anon, floating magical islands aren't farfetched in AoS nor Fantasy. See, here some Fantasy artwork for you.
>>
>>81308415
what's the likelyhood new old world stuff like kislev and cathay will get AoS rules too? would be dope to have magic chinamen in AoS
>>
>>81308046
Everything you said basically applies to WHFB you know right?

With the Dwarves and Empire basically being late pike and shot era technology, a bunch of savages in the woods with shields would be literally nothing but a minor thorn their side because they could just burn and clear much of the forest around the Empire because it literally does not provide enough to be sustainable.

The Drakwald forest would have been literally cleared in a decade, but I guess "Sound and Fury" is fine when it's not AOS.
>>
>>81308415
What's funny is that shitposters mocked WHFB maps for having floating landmasses. Now they have this to content with.
>>
>>81308400
>>How is this a good enough justification? Magic in WFB had distinct mechanics to it, magic in AoS is a placeholder for whatever wank the writers come up with.
nope: >>81308397

>It's already justified, you just don't understand it.
Oh? I thought you agreed it was vague and unexplained

>>81308415
>Made by the same team as AoS

how unsurprising
>>
>>81308397
>No it's not. WFB had magic divided in categories that were stronger in some places
>AoS magic is instead divided into categories that stronger in some other places

That's like saying that water is not the same when you compare a lake to a river
>>
>>81308397
>AoS magic is everywhere all the time and just broadly divided between realms and progressively stronger towards the outer rims.
Ok so you do understand it? So why are you acting like you don't? What don't you get then? If you know how it works why do you reject how it works?
>>
>>81308439
Hardly.

The drakwald is massive and you can't exactly get a good line of sight or set up artillery optimally in dense woodland

You act like the empire is a cohesive whole, but the whole point of the empire is that it's a sprawling collection of disparate provinces with their own rulership and subcultures who come together on occasion to stop a terrible invasion
>>
>>81308442
So let me get this straight. You're angry magic allows islands to float in AoS, when quite obviously shown, the magic in AoS permeates the setting, forming the realms themselves.

It sounds like you're just angry AoS isn't WHFB, so why are you here?
>>
>>81308470
the mechanics of magic in AoS are still super vague in the sense that the broad explanation rarely has anything to do with the instances where "magic" is used to justify high fantasy phenomena

>>81308455
see above
>>
>>81308480
I forgot you needed Artillery to burn down a forest. Let me explain this extremely simply for you, because you seem very very fucking stupid.

Forests in Europe, 9/10 are not natural old forests, most of them were reseeded and kept, often as game reserves. This is how despite some areas like Germany still having substancial forests, there are no large predators at all.

This is because Humans murdered the living shit out of all of them, often also burning down hundreds of miles of forest in the process. Those forests not burned down were used as literal game reserves.

Now in WHFB, the forests, like the Drakwald, Are fucking horrible places not worth keeping. so Guess what any reasonable civilisation would do? Burn down those fucking woods until the only ones left are reasonable little thickets you can hunt deer and boar in. If the Boar are lucky.
>>
>>81308397
>Much easier to explain flying towers because those are sorcerous constructs rather than naturally-occurring.
This is beyond retarded, literally everything that is a natural phenomenon can by definition be found in nature in the right circumstances. Most man made stuff is just replicating things that happens randomly in nature in a way we find useful. If anything having flying towers in a setting were you have flying islands makes more sense than having them in a setting were flying island don't exist
>>
>>81308522
No they're not. we know exactly how the magic works. In fact, we know specifically why the realm of metal is so fucked up, because Tnzeetch fucked up the mechanics Grungi set up at the centre.
>>
>>81308545
That sounds like a smart idea, but burning down forests in WHFB leads to pissed off elves.
>>
>>81308431
>magic chinamen
seeing as the CCP are backing away from western media, vidya and movies you could now potentially get companies like GW and CA making stuff like that without having to worry about pissing off the hundred acre wood.
>>
As someone who enjoys a fair bit of the AoS world, Beastmen jumping around on fucking metal clouds is fucking stupid.
>>
>>81308522
So what are the justification for the floating islands in Fantasy then?
>>
>>81308574
Happy to hear your opinion. It sounds like beastmen of chamon might be a fun little source of bants from here on out.
>>
>>81308566
Only a select few Elves, and the Drakwald is unironically not one of those forests.

Despite what TWW actually tries to picture, the Wood Elves don't actually give a shit about all the forests and Forest Spirits themselves even less so.

Even Druthu would not bat a sappy eye for the Drakwald.
>>
>>81308555
>Most man made stuff is just replicating things that happens randomly in nature in a way we find useful

By this logic guns should be naturally-occurring.
>>
>>81308545
This. If the Romans caused lions and bears and most large predators to become locally extinct because they liked to go at the Colosseum too much it makes no sense that in WHF the forest is left so alone.
>>
>>81308574
They make as much sense as the Thunderbelly Beastclaw, or do you hate them too?
>>
>>81308610
They are. They are called rocks. A gun is just a advanced rock thrower.
>>
>>81308618
Whats even more hilarious? There is fucking presedent for it.

ONE angry Dwarf Hold threatened Athel Loren enough to cause the forest spirits to go into permanent autistic rage.
>>
>>81308610
You think exploding chemicals are not naturally occurring?
>>
>>81308610
in nature, the given chemicals that power a bullet will combust if near each other and catalysed.
In nature, things flow from areas of high pressure to areas of lower pressure.
should the aforementioned combustion happen in an enclosed space made of something strong enough to withstand the pressure, and said space only has one opening, like say a metal tube, it can propel items at speeds lethal to any passing carbon based organisms.
>>
>>81308610
>*laughs in Bombadier beetle*
>>
File: hura-crepitans-tree.jpg (2.41 MB, 1200x1600)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB JPG
>>81308610
Grenades are
>>
>>81308641
>>81308656
>>81308669
>>81308698

When Elon Musk sets up a Mars base you will say we haven't advanced because we're still just relying on what nature gave us.
>>
>>81308714
We would in fact still be relying on what nature gave us. Also your boy Elon is a grifter who half-asses everything.
>>
>>81308714
I think you might have brain damage Anon. Nuclear fusion is naturally occurring, but this doesn't mean that learning how to recreate it in a controlled environment to obtain energy isn't a gigantic technological feat.

Most of mankind progress has always been the result of watching how a horse anus work and replicating it to have self cleaning pipes
>>
>>81308776
>Nuclear fusion is naturally occurring, but this doesn't mean that learning how to recreate it in a controlled environment to obtain energy isn't a gigantic technological feat.

No shit sherlock that's my whole fucking point.
>>
>>81308714
You make it sound like "Nature" isn't just the literal world we have and you somehow conquer it by making stuff in a lab.

We're literally trying to make Bioplatics for this very reason, because nature is the EASY option because it solves half our issues for us.
>>
>>81308792
Your point is to ignore other people's points to just feel like you won an argument?

Nigga if we could grow rockets out of the ground we'd be doing that.
>>
>>81308049
Buddy read the fucking rukes YOU POSTED YOURSELF.
Nothing says "it has to be the combat phase."
The rule is very clear- after a unit makes a pile in, it MUST attack with all its weapons that are in range.
There isn't a choice. If a unit piles in, for ANY reason, it MUST make combat attacks if it can
>>
>>81308797
Nature is just random chance and time

Humans have the benefit of intelligence

This is why we can selectively breed dogs and create a creature with particular characteristics quickly. Likewise, a floating tower makes more sense than a naturally occurring floating mountain because humans have the benefit of intelligence.
>>
>>81308049
It doesn't matter of 12.2 doesn't mention it, 12.3 controls here. If a unit piles in, it must attack if it can.
So... if Mighty Destroyers makes you pile in... you MUST attack.
It's explicitly clear. No room around it.
So megaboss making 3 units attack in the hero phase is 100% a go.
>>
>
This is why we can selectively breed dogs and create a creature with particular characteristics quickly. Likewise, a floating tower makes more sense than a naturally occurring floating mountain because humans have the benefit of intelligence.

Yeah, but if wolves didn't fucking exist we wouldn't have dogs. That is the point people are making, if the natural mechanics did not exist for floating islands, then man-made floating islands do not make sense.
>>
>>81308861
i also think that MD lets you fight like it previously did, at least going strictly by RAW. that being said, it needs an FAQ since you never know with GW
>>
>>81308574
Im gonna get some bullgors and make metallic sky beastmen
>>
>>81308868
By dint of there being man made floating islands, logically natural ones are possible, if very rare and unlikely.
Likewise cannons are possible, but rarely has anyone been shot by a weird bit of mountain.
>>
>>81308843
>a floating tower makes more sense than a naturally occurring floating mountain because humans have the benefit of intelligence.

In a setting with a medieval tech level but magical phenomena a flying island makes more sense than a tower flying because of tech, you absolute moron.
>>
This fucking autism is atrocious.
>>
>>81308904
What is a Volcano but a big cannon?
>>
>>81308714
Elon is a pseud who just hires intelligent people
>>
>>81308868
>>81308904

>natural mechanics did not exist for floating islands, then man-made floating islands do not make sense.

Why? We've created elements that don't exist in nature. In WFB they created unnatural magic by combining the winds in unique ways. Not every invention must have a natural counterpart. Planes don't fly via flapping wings.

>>81308918
>medieval tech level
Totally depends on the faction dude, don't get so buttmad.
>>
>>81308918
I mean, this is sort of the point of the argument isn't it? Magic even in WHFB is not a science really, it's the hopeful application of a raw untamable force in mostly repeatable steps.

It's more like fishing and hoping to catch a specific species of fish, you can track them, you can figure out their movement patterns and their spawning grounds, but you can still fail to catch the fish.
>>
>>81308939
Those elements had the potential to exist in nature. As creatures that exist in our universe, everything we do is a natural process.
>>
>>81308628
Are they the ones who eat Stormcasts souls? If so, then they are incredibly stupid, but in a different way. Beastmen prancing around on clouds in the sky sounds like a kids show, and completely betrays how creepy and scary beastmen are supposed to be.

>>81308592
^

>>81308896
The minotaurs, really? Maybe they'll look better painted metal.
>>
>>81308939
Planes don't defy the laws of nature though anon, they simply use those not previously applicable to species on earth.

Actually scratch that, because most jet airplaines work basically how a squid works anyway.
>>
>>81309018
I never said they do, but you're never going to find a plane in nature.
>>
>>81309031
Yes I can. They're called planes. Sort of a weird metal thing humans build, same as how termites build big mud condos.
>>
>>81309009
Yes, they are. And they're awesome because they're basically Heavy metal biker gangs riding a metal motorway in the sky.

I think you've taken a wrong turn, /whfbg/ thread is a few threads down you insufferable autistic faggot.
>>
>>81309048
You're now arguing that nothing is artificial and that the word 'artificial' is illusory.
>>
>>81309009
>Beastmen prancing around on clouds in the sky sounds like a kids show, and completely betrays how creepy and scary beastmen are supposed to be.
So it's not how consistent or anything like that you have a problem with, it's that you don't personally like it? How pathetic.
>>
>>81309031
Your entire argument is that floating magical islands don't make sense, but man-made floating magical Islands make sense.

You DID say they do, because you're trying to argue that the only reason floating islands could exist in WHFB is if they were made. Which is incorrect.

Squids have specialised siphons that work like Aqua-jets, they were not made, so yes, we do see JETS in real life.
>>
>>81309062
Yes. See >>81308986
>>
>>81309062
You're the one arguing something can only exist if fabricated and cannot exist in nature, when arguing about the most basic mechanics to ever exist.
>>
Noob here getting into AOS and in need of listbuilding advice. I'm not sure how to spend the extra points, if I need the eternal guard when I already have 3 battleline, etc.

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar, Living City

LEADERS
Nomad Prince (110)
- General
- Command Trait: Skilled Leader
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny

Sorceress (95)
- City Role: General's Adjutant

Knight-Azyros (110)

Drycha Hamadreth (330)

UNITS
20 x Eternal Guard (250)
- City Role: Honoured Retinue (Must be 5-20 models)
10 x Sisters of the Watch (180)
10 x Sisters of the Watch (180)
5 x Sisters of the Thorn (130)
2 x Concussors (235)
2 x Concussors (235)

TOTAL: 1855/2000 WOUNDS: 95
>>
I don't play stormies but didn't they get worse in the new book? Unit output and survivability mostly stayed the same but all the meta things like double shoot or run&charge got nerfed to once per game.
I guess they got more flexible with their subfaction choice instead of being pigeonholed into black&gold boys.
>>
The forests of the Empire are filled to the brim with Beastmen who outnumber humans. Good luck taking the forests from them.
>>
File: file.png (906 KB, 1000x600)
906 KB
906 KB PNG
>>81308828
The rules are not clear, you are not fighting, you are making a pile-in move. If you would have been picking a unit to fight, you would have done 12.2 and then 12.3. But the rules says to only to 12.2. If you wanna be a waacfag and bend the rules then sure, but until gw clarify it i am right
>>
>>81309120
>*Sets fire to the forest in a controlled burn*

Oh no, please stop with your narrow sighted autism ESL-kun.
>>
>>81309086
>they were not made
Says you, evolutioncuck.
>>
>>81309120
B..but Anon, it's impossible! The Empire has guns, GUNS! There's no way the Beastmen could ever hope to stand a chance!
>>
>>81309133
If you are within 3" of a model, you are in combat range.

If you pile in within 3" you are entering combat.
>>
>>81309086>>81309102

I was arguing that a difficult-to-achieve phenomena makes more sense to be the result of civilised artifice than the product of naturally occurring random chance and time.

If you saw a tower, you'd say "someone stacked these stones into this shape"

If you saw a floating rock in a world with magic, you'd say "someone probably enchanted this to float"
>>
>>81309153
>Implying a smart creator would not create a system that does the work for him.

Nice try not-so-intelligent-designcuck.
>>
>>81309194
He loves us that much.
>>
>>81309174
you are in combat range yes, but you are not eligible to fight, you can only do 12.2. The rule says to make 12.2 only. I dont know how you have a hard time to grasp this. Take 12.2 and do it in a vacuum is what the rule says. I do strongly believe gw meant to write fight but fucked it up
>>
>>81309086
Those aren't planes. Plane fly in the sky and face different physical parameters than squids.

Irrelevant
>>
>>81309086
>Squids have specialised siphons that work like Aqua-jets, they were not made, so yes, we do see JETS in real life.

Not only is that irrelevant, humans didn't base jet engines on squids
>>
>>81309179
Can I make a point? It took Squid much less time to naturally evolve a water jet system than it took humans to harness the same mechanical properties to create Jet Skis.

If I saw a floating tower, I would say "a wizard did it"

If I saw a floating Island, devoid of manmade artiface I would say "That is floating due to natural magic"

I know your shrunken autistic mind cannot quite understand this, but the magic is NATURAL to the setting, your severely inbred brain is too withered to quite understand that point is what people are making.
>>
>>81307785
>>81307773
>>81307760
Bless you, anon.
>>
I don't even want to read the thread that caused this current autism. AoS is so devoid of new models and releases we're discussing whether... I dunno a rock can float in a high fantasy setting?
>>
>>81309214
there's an argument that GW didn't write fight because the core rules would cover it with just the pile in. also if I'm not mistaken MD doesn't say you ONLY pile-in, it just says that you do pile-in which 12.3 says you MUST fight after
>>
>>81309031
There are a hundred thousand things that fly in a dozen different ways in nature
>>
>>81307760
>>81307773
>>81307785
My WD still hasn't come. I am fucking furious. This has happened so many times I've moaned about it here many times. Last two or three they came a week early like they're su ppose to. Not now. Gotta wait 3 days post release (17th) before I can complain.
>>
>>81309239
My patience is wearing quite thin for talking to you, you insufferable mongoloid.

I did not SAY humans based jet engines on squids, I said, quite clearly that it took the human mind longer to harness the mechanics of siphon engines than it did for squids.
>>
>>81309174
I 100% agree with you, and I also believe 100% that GWs intent was not to let you fight in the hero phase. They just wanted to let you pile in and do fuck all, which no one would ever, ever do.

I want SO MUCH for you to be right, but I’m waiting for a FAQ when GW says “no no, we want to let you spend a CP to do literally nothing. That was our goal aaaaaall along”
>>
>>81309179
>If you saw a floating rock in a world with magic, you'd say "someone probably enchanted this to float"

If you said that in a world where magical phenomena regularly happens without human intervention you'd be retarded
>>
>>81309150
Then giant beastmen are roused from the forest in great numbers and the beast herds unite to fuck up the Empire. When Beastmen go to war, Brets and the empire can do little but hide in their castles and fortresses
>>
>>81309242
>>81309277

>It took Squid much less time to naturally evolve a water jet system than it took humans to harness the same mechanical properties to create Jet Skis.

Doubtful at best and still irrelevant. Go shove your patience up your ass or turn your computer screen off nigga, idgaf.

Most rocks don't float, even in warhammer. It is not the norm for rocks to float. Floating takes a lot of energy. That energy has to come from somewhere. For such a particular arrangement to be in place that the right amount of energy is in the right place in the right way in a consistent fashion so that a mountain just levitates in a static fashion? That's much more likely to be enchanted than natural.
>>
>>81309286
.. You know letting you pile in during the hero phase means you effectively get two piles in right?

>Pile in hero phase
>Fight
>Pile in again

Seems perfectly fine, if it wanted you to fight in the hero phase, it would say "Fight like in the fight phase"
>>
>>81309314
In Fantasy, sure. In the Mortal Realms magic is everywhere, it makes up the land people walk on. Floating rocks is Tuesday in some parts.
>>
>>81309300
>The giant beastmen

Haha cannon go Brrrr. Beastmen have the advantage when fighting in Ambush and surprise, guess what ISN'T a surprise? Fighting on a burnt field.
>>
So that's the difference between "Battleline" and "Other"?

Like Daemonettes are Battleline. And Mymidesh Painbringers are Other. But in a Battalion they both go into the Battleline slot.

And if a Lord of Pain is my Warlord, then the Myrmidesh Painbringers become Battleline. This doesn't seem to actually mean anything functional though.

What am I missing?
>>
>>81309286
one would hope that it does let you fight because just piling in is useless, if anything the oversight is the warboss letting you get 3 for 1 which might be a bit much. maybe they'll just exclude mighty destroyers from the warboss' ability specifically, which would be weird but fix the issue
>>
>>81309338
K but it's still requires a high degree of precision and a constant large supply of energy to be maintained. A floating mountain in AoS still looks enchanted.
>>
>>81309179
>If you saw a floating rock in a world with magic, you'd say "someone probably enchanted this to float"
Not if that world had regular access and clearly viewed common magical phenomena like AoS.
>>
>>81309314
You know where it comes from?

Fucking Magic.
>>
I don't know who wrote the beastman living in metal clouds stuff. But i hope he is reading this thread and having the time of his life.
>>
>>81309314
I think you honestly might have brain damage if you can't understand that magical effects being something that can happen naturally in a setting is far from being a novelty and pretty much the standard of all settings were magic exist.
>>
>>81309327
an extra pile in isn't really worth 1 cp
>>
>>81309365
No it doesn't. That's the whole reason why Dawnbringer Crusades use floating islands. Christ, arguing with lorelets is tiring.
>>
>>81309367
This is exactly what I'm talking about. You don't even mean magic in the sense of describing something, it's a placeholder for the lack of understanding.

>>81309378
>>81309366

Too much precision is required. Looks enchanted. End of
>>
>>81309381
Eh' Depends on the unit and what you want to do, you can use it to leapfrog another unit into combat like a nearby support hero.
>>
>>81309365
>but it's still requires a high degree of precision and a constant large supply of energy to be maintained.

Source: your ass
>>
>>81309400
>physics literally bends to the most minor whim of the plot

zzzz
>>
>>81309394
No, I mean literal magic, the raw energy of the realms themselves that form around concepts like an elemental pearl.

That's what the realms are like, shit is infused with the magic of the wind the magic is made of.

Metal magnetic clouds for the realm of metal. Angry devouring mountains for the realm of beasts. Gay Elves for the Realm of Light.
>>
>>81309394
>Too much precision is required

In other news, stars don't exist. Too much precision is needed to create nuclear fusion in a lab, it makes no sense that it would happen naturally. Look artificial.
>>
>>81309411
it literally does, especially when you're spitballing lore to fill up a rulebook for an army man game.
>>
>>81309411
>Trying to apply realm world physics to fantastical settings.

Ah yes, because we all know Ghorgon's kneecaps explode upon standing up in WHFB right?
>>
>>81309420
>>81309422
>>81309434
It's all so boring. High fantasy is like sugar and you're a type 2 diabetic at this point.
>>
>>81309422
I like how stars exist purely due to the most lazy fundamental force ever too.
>>
>>81309436
Minor contrivance vs major contrivance. Gorgons do not weight as much as a mountain, nor do they float.
>>
>>81309445
WHFB was also high fantasy, you just thought dying to an axe to the head in the RPG made it more realistic.
>>
>>81309354
PLEASE STOP ARGUING ABOUT FLOATING ROCKS I NEED HEEEEELP

For the record floating geography can be as intrinsically natural to a magical world as a water channel is IRL.

The gulf stream keeps western europe a bit warmer and mana leylines or whatever make mountains float.

HALP
>>
>>81309470
Again, a matter of degree. You only think in absolutes which is why your reasoning is dogshit.
>>
>>81309466
No, but by all laws of physics they cannot stand, let alone walk. Breaking the square cube law is not a minor contrivance.
>>
>>81309445
If you don't like floating islands because they are too fantastical and prefer mudcore just say it so. But trying to argue that magical phenomena don't make sense in a magical setting is retarded.

You know what makes a lot less sense than a floating island? An alternate dimension filled with demons that are just red dudes with swords.
>>
>>81309445
That's your opinion. I think steampunk sky dwarves in the realm of Metal rising into the steel clouds in search of gold and finding killer goatmen made of chaos magic worshipping said gold is pretty interesting.
>>
>>81309488
Compared to a floating mountain it obviously is. See the forest for the trees my dude.
>>
>>81309488
What gives you the impression the square cube law applies in AoS?
>>
>>81309482
The only one talking about absolutes is you; you're arguing because AoS has an extra law of physics, or metaphysics, that it is somehow worse, when WHFB has the same level of abstraction.

You're just some butthurt queer angry at AoS, why not just resort to talking about Shaerks.
>>
>>81309510
I'm not, I'm using his argument that everything must obey the laws of physics against him.

>>81309507
Nice moving the goalposts my dude. How do Ghorgons exist in WHFB if they're not manmade then?
>>
>>81309488
>No, but by all laws of physics they cannot stand, let alone walk
Welcome to Fantasy/Sci-Fi. Don't think too hard about Tyranid Bio-Titans not sinking into the ground with those pointy legs.
>>
>>81309521
No retard I'm saying there is no attempt to explain the setting beyond a reference to a general "magic" which is a placeholder for the unknown
>>
No, you're picking and choosing which laws of physics do and don't apply

Which ties into the fundamental problem: anything goes and you're not allowed to dig into the reasoning
>>
>>81309503
Mehrunes Dagon is unhappy you dislike his Deadlands. He will now order his cultists to assassinate the Emperor in order to spawn portals to his realm everywhere. Please do not Wabbajack him, turn into a dragon or be Argonian. Those things can drive a huge wrench into his plans.
>>
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT FLOATING ROCKS

What's the difference between "Battleline" and "Other"?

Like Daemonettes are Battleline. And Mymidesh Painbringers are Other. But in a Battalion they both go into the Battleline slot.

And if a Lord of Pain is my Warlord, then the Myrmidesh Painbringers become Battleline. This doesn't seem to actually mean anything functional though.

What am I missing?
>>
>>81309354
Not sure what's your question.
You need minimum battleline unit count requirements. Being a battleline is also better for missions.
>>
>>81309347
Wrong. Beastmen are deadly in the open field. Without the castles and fortress, Bret and the Empire would be finished. There is no amount of fire power that can curb the beastmen numbers.

The Beastmen army book says that the if the the Beastmen find enough of the siege big Tuskgors, then Brets are finished since there would be nowhere to hide.
>>
I honestly think you could generate AoS lore with an excel spreadsheet
>>
>>81309590
>You need minimum battleline unit count requirements
Technically not any more. Open Play allows you to play with points but no restrictions (and use fun battalions). I would recommend people play this instead of Match Play (aka Autistic Tournament Play).
>>
File: Dagoth Milos.webm (1.15 MB, 400x400)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB WEBM
>>81309582
>Mehrunes Dagon
>BTFO by Almalexia and Sotha Sil
>Dagoth Ur
>BTFO the Tribunal
>>
>>81309623
You can do the same with a globe and WHFB, seeing as the TWW3 trailer for Cathay was generic shit.
>>
>>81309625
>*hits you with a lockpick while drinking 100 bottles of Skooma*
>>
>>81307766
The old one probably had a backend that was a nightmare and impossible to update.
>>
>>81309590
Okay, I gotcha. I've been clicking around the new AoS app and it was letting me make lists with no Battleline by chucking anything into those slots. So Battleline is just a tax based on the points limit?
>>
>>81309636
Nah, that requires look at the relevant culture and time period and extrapolating from the tech and myths therein. Not something you can do with AoS which is blankslate McEmpty'sville.
>>
>>81309663
Yes, it's a tax.
>>
>>81309684
How does it tie into missions? Sorry to be pain.
>>
>>81309670
>that requires look at the relevant culture and time period and extrapolating from the tech and myths therein
>>
File: IMG_20210915_175505.jpg (470 KB, 871x1198)
470 KB
470 KB JPG
>>81309585
>What am I missing?
Read the battlepacks
>>
>>81309663
Note that some missions will require battleline to score or have them score more points on an objective than other units would. There's also interaction in secondary objectives.
>>
>>81309585
battalions dont have a Battleline slot, they have a Troops slot

troop means anything that's not a leader, artillery, or behemoth

battleline means you can double reinforce the unit and it counts towards your minimum battleline requirement for a legal list
>>
>>81309703
Yes and? I missed a 'ing', how terrible. Lock me up and throw away the key, for I have fallen from the good graces of the grammar society.
>>
>>81309608
You're not really saying anything interesting. Every faction book says 'This faction can win X if they do Y'.
>>
>>81309133
Buddy if I am "bending the rules" its because I'm literally doing rules as written.
Mighty Destroyers says "make a pile in."
Under 12.3, after a pile in I MUST attack.
There is no room to wiggle here. You pile in you attack.
I'm right, you are a retarded, whining child.
>>
File: NPM-1980_2493_5999z.jpg (146 KB, 488x700)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>81309721
>>81309729
This is making a lot more sense. Thanks guys.
>>
>>81309214
Idiot the Mighty Destroyer rule doesn't say "just perform 12.2." Literally anywhere. Stop pulling shit out your ass.
You. Lose.
Mighty Destroyers from Megaboss on Mawcrusha means 3 units pile in and make combat attacks.
Fucking DEAL WITH IN
>>
>>81309767
I think the issue at hand is that 12.3 is relevant in the Combat Phase under the 12.0 header. During the combat phase 12.3 states "After you have made all of the pile-in moves for a unit, you must make combat attacks..."

But in this case we are stepping outside of the combat phase. Instead this is a special rule that just says "make a pile-in move" and nothing more.
>>
>>81309794
Is this what WAACfags are like at the table, too?
>>
File: Bret vs beasts.png (1011 KB, 752x1416)
1011 KB
1011 KB PNG
>>81309762
Read. This is meant to show that the Beasts have the brawn and numbers to defeat human armies in open battle. It's their lack of proper siege tools that ensure the survival of mankind.
>>
>>81309327
You argument is bullshit.
With what they wrote if you follow the rules, you KNOW to make combat attacks after you pile in- in fact you MUST- there is no reason to say "and then fight" it's superfluous. Stop listening to retarded Facehammer and learn to exactly read
>>
>>81309822
> NOOO MEAN MAN PLAYS BY THE RULES NOOO
God I love fucking retards like you IRL. Keeps me employed and rich (attorney by the way). Best part is meeting the opposing counsel 'tards like you hire and just grinning at them while you make retarded statements, or force your counsel to read retarded arguments. We laugh about it, together, over drinks after by the way.
>>
>>81309804
nowhere does it say that that 12.1, 12.2, 12.3 ONLY apply in the combat phase, they are listed as subheaders of the combat phase for convenience, that's when they would most often occur but you would still refer to them if a rule caused them to happen in another phase
>>
so I want to run skulbug clan kruleboyz for the fun aesthetic, but does this mean I will need three units of gutrippaz? no other battleline unless you're big yeller?
>>
>>81309901
Yup.
>>
>>81309901
Yeah, welcome to 3e where everything is simplified for mouth breathing tournament players
>>
>>81309804
Nothing in the rules stipulates that this sequence only applies to the combat phase. Once again, you are trying to read in shit.
Per the wording, after a unit completed a pile in move, it must attack. Not "pile in in the combat phase." Just "pile in." "Pile In" is not a term of art saying it only happens in the combat phase. 12.2 does not say a "Pile In" only happens in the combat phase (which is could easily do by adding a clause that says "in the combat phase" in the fucking sentence).
>>
>>81309901
Yes.
But if you are only after the aesthetic, paint them however and count them as Yellas if you dont want just guttrippa battleline. Lord knows I won't blame you for not wanting to have more of the ugly as shit Guttrippaz
>>
I was really hoping for some Hobgrots support but I guess that's impossible now that battalions have been replaced with something less inspired.
It really sucks after BR explored what could be done with them, bringing back named characters like the old BCR or Ironjawz battalions.
>>
>>81309864
>>81309985
If you are an attorney then you are a poor one. I would feel sad for your clients. I'm actually an attorney, my colleagues and I laugh at angry bitter people like you. Oh boy, it especially sounds like you are an IP law attorney. Did your daddy get you the job, or did you actually have to apply for a position? I'd be surprised if someone hired you. I know that many an angry attorney has sent applications to appeal only to lose because they can't make a coherent argument between their passive aggressive horseshit.

Actually, the issue at hand appears to be lack of clarity in the rules pertaining to the 12.0 header combined with lack of descriptive on 12.2 and 12.3. However, 12.1.1 notes that that "When you pick a unit to fight" it leads to rules 12.2 and 12.3. However, performing 12.2 does not mean 12.3 must happen. The rules lack clarity in this instance and so I believe could be ruled either way. I have a suspicion that an FAQ on this would likely rule that a pile-in move does not innately require a combat attack as there are commands which do force this (e.g. "Pick a unit to fight...").
>>
>>81309917
>>81309978
>>81310015
That's too bad. They're cool models that I look forward to painting, but I would have liked more variety. Hopefully they are different sculpts outside of dominion at least.
I will absolutely be playing skulbug because it was made for me
>>
>>81309978
This isn't even a 3e issue. A number of factions lack battleline units in 2e. It's just the big factions like SCE and some chaos factions which have huge flexibility there.
>>
>>81309864
Kek. I struggle to find something more pathetic than a supposed attorney trying to rule lawyer a game to feel better about his rule lawyering abilities
>>
>>81309365
cheesus christ, absolutely everything in the world is made out of the winds of magic, the supply is infinite you autist
>>
>>81309051
What the fuck are you on about

>>81309069
Of course it's that I personally don't like it, what the fuck else would it be?
>>
>>81310141
Some attorneys, and in this case he looks like an IP law attorney -- judging by his angry demeanor, being high on his own farts, and using the term "art" -- think that passing the piss-easy bar exam and forking out lots of money makes them intelligent when it certainly does not. I've won many appeals due to these idiots being such pathetic people that you can just make them mad and they forget what they are arguing about.
>>
>>81309826
Yes, my point is that each faction is able to win somehow. What about this don't you get?
>>
File: Susiettey.jpg (36 KB, 693x900)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>81309864
>God I love fucking retards like you IRL. Keeps me employed and rich (attorney by the way). Best part is meeting the opposing counsel 'tards like you hire and just grinning at them while you make retarded statements, or force your counsel to read retarded arguments. We laugh about it, together, over drinks after by the way.
>>
>>81310147
Never be a writer.
>>
File: AoS place names.jpg (90 KB, 641x717)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>81309623

Yep, it's totally possible
>>
>>81310250
Alright you autist let me rephrase
>supply is infinite in the sense that mortals cant use it all up in a time that matters for the universe
>>
Is Mollog any good? I'm thinking of running a Troggoth army but he just seems like a little troll with all his -1 to hit. Like a tanky distraction.
>>
This is the worst thread we've had in a while.
>>
>>81310398
i take this over a draught
>>
>>81310363
He's shit. He isn't even a tanky distraction because that would imply that he is in any way distracting and his damage output of 1.something Mortal Wounds per combat phase aren't going to be distracting anyone.
>>
File: IMG_20210916_024330.jpg (3.65 MB, 3456x4608)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB JPG
Playing around with my counts-as Yndrastra conversion, base is obvs temporary

Dunno what I wanna give him in the other hand. Should I go WYSIWYG?

Also dunno what I'm doing with the comet trail bits on the thigh plates, wanted to reuse em from the orig model tho.
>>
>>81310442
He has Stalasquig though.
>>
So in Fantasy lore wasnt there a time when sigmar walked into the realm of chaos, swung ghal maraz around till he realized chaos was immortal and walked out .
>>
>>81310496
No actually the lore is sigmar won. Why? Because his hammer is magic, and as we all know, you can't question magic.
>>
>>81309864
>>81310064
how many lawyers do we have in here? I'm in pre-law rn
>>
>>81310502
really, do you know what story this happened in
>>
>>81299998
To be fair, Fantasyfags deserve to live in discontent.
>>
>>81299930
If it were made for people like you, no one would buy it and that would be that
>>
>>81310502
Imagine getting btfo so hard you have to insert yourself into other discussions to seethe.
>>
>>81310577
No according to GW canon I didn't get BTFO. Why? magic.
>>
>>81310533
Just release a non-european army then.
>>
ahahaha butthurt fantasycoper destroyed by facts AND magic hahahaha
>>
>>81310593
Eternally seething.
>>
>>81310593
all this magic and you still choose to be a petty bitch
>>
>>81310609
>>81310614
>>81310621
>>
>>81310531
There's a lot probably, a lot of my friends in law school played 40k. It just takes a particularly pathetic person to always bring it up to try to win arguments.
>>
>>81310496
Not that I know of. Sigmar got sucked into the Great Vortex when he became a God. Or something. End Times is a trip. Though Sigmar did say had Archaon remained true to him, Archaon would have been the one to defeat Chaos forever.

I'm sure that is just setting up when AoS dies that Archaon turns good.
>>
>>81309104
Why would a tree need a skull codpiece?
>>
>>81310747
To protect his berries.
>>
File: 7x11ouok4jm21 (1).png (1.87 MB, 827x1184)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
>>81310453
Maybe replace the spear with a hammer so it looks like picrelated?
>>
>>81310747
it doesn't, it just likes the feeling
>>
>>81310064
While it certainly can be ruled either way, you arent even making a coherent argument besides saying it can be ruled either way.
You say "performing 12.2 does not mean 12.3 must happen." Then you seem to be forgetting one of the basic canons of statutory construction- no superfluous language. Why would 12.3 START WITH "After you have made all of the pile in moves for a unit, you MUST make combat attacks" if the pile in didn't require the combat attack? Why mention pile in at all, particularly when 12.1.1 clearly lays out the sequencing to begin with (you can make a pile in with a unit and then you must make combat attacks). If 12.3 was not mandatory with the pile in, 12.3 could simply say "combat attacks must be made by each model in a unit within weapons range of enemy models."
Frankly, if you forget something this fucking basic from any Admin law course, I pity YOUR fucking clients.
Also
> WOW YOUR SO PASSOVE AGGRESSIVE
> proceeds to be passive aggressive about IP attorneys
Pot/kettle, stones in glass houses, etc etc.
>>
>>81310804
> of statutory construction- no superfluous language

This is why reading the rules of law into game rules is retarded. Have you ever read a GW book?

A lot of times the GW has a RAI but they are very bad at writing their rules. So you have to figure out the intention of the rules because they fucked up. Why is it under the combat phase header? Was this intentional to limit these rules to combat phase, or was it incidental for clarity of organization? Who the fuck knows? GW probably doesn't. Does 12.3 always flow from 12.2 regardless of phase? It's unclear because, once again, GW has failed to specify.

So you have to figure out what the intention of the rules is, not what is written when what is written is unclear.
>>
>>81310683
Yeh, Gold armor Archi is gona be the protagonist of the next setting, that's already know
>>
File: feathered.png (583 KB, 1000x1000)
583 KB
583 KB PNG
I kinda wish the stormcast dragons had feathered wings.

Not only would that tie into their relation to the seraphon (feathered serpent vibe), it would also fit the angelic look better
>>
bros you can't fight with Mighty Destroyers in Hero Phase anymore. This pile in rule is for combat phase (thats why it's in article 12 in core rules , it's combat phase)
>>
>>81310873
og pile-in only anon here, it feels like they should have at least said in 12.2 to thereafter do combat attacks, because as of now RAW it is only a 12.2 being made. But in the end just talk to the opponent beforehand and talk about it, hell i am going to use my 2e allegiance abilities in 3e because gw removed them
>>
File: file.png (10 KB, 359x59)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
Oy pro-fighters, why doesnt it use the word 'fight' which gw uses in 3e to refer to a pile-in + combat attacks?
>>
>>81310924
That.. Actually fits, what the fuck. I was going to call you a retard.
>>
>>81311009
because they dont want you to fight, they just want you to pile in
>>
Someone has something like this https://imgur.com/a/LfyenqQ (stormcast eternals 3e battletome warcrolls, commands, spells, etc) but with the kruleboyz?
>>
>>81311018
and the best thing is you can replace the stupid hairy bits with more feathers
>>
>>81311038
Second this.
>>
>>81310971
Read the thread
>>
Im all for old MD and if tomorrow this will be FAQed - great. but common sense tells me that with mass commands from megabosses they wont allow this, it;s to strong to fight and move and prevent enemy from using Unleash HEll or redeploy (because it's hero phase)
>>
>>81311076
nono anon you see he is making fun of >>81310873
>>
>>81311078
hell, they might even have meant do a charge move, because a pile in move is useless, orcs are played in small units right? an extra pile-in wont help with anything?
>>
>sloggoth doesn't have kruleboyz keyword
>>
okay desu i expected more bugs in the app
that thing is almost useable (for its content)
>>
>>81310683
I think its more that archaon will just usurp chaos mantling the tithe of souls the gods recieve
>>
>>81311130
Thats nothing, fanatics aren't even grots. Get on gloomspites level, scrub
>>
File: 1624305649395.jpg (53 KB, 500x386)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>81311096
cmon bro im not making fun of anyone, sometimes people can be wrong or misunderstand something.
>>
>>81311158
Maybe the real fanatics are the wrecking balls?
>>
>>81311115
pile in can be good for gruntas, other bigger base models with 1' weapon or to prevent Redeploy
>>
>>81311130
it doesn't even have an orruk keyword at all, does it?
It's still a great unit from what I can tell
>>
>>81311115
An extra pile in can help screening, reach, or even allow you to get to an objective you might not be able to otherwise. For example, let's say you are screened off an objective: use pile-in to slide around the side, then use your retreat to get onto it, this pile-in might have allowed you to slide around a unit so the retreat can reach.

It's situational but has uses.
>>
>>81311174
Yea bro, gonna be sad when people think they get to use a CP for a fight then the TO says no.
>>
>>81310873
If GW is going out of their fucking way to write their fucking rules like a statute, then you read it like a fucking statute. For fucks sake they are putting comments next to it. But suddenly, because YOU don't like treating it that way, we just default to "oh but its really some secret intent." I'm calling bullshit.
As I stated before (and you conveniently haven't tired to counter) they did not HAVE to put the entire first part of 12.3's first sentence into 12.3. The paragraph could have started at the words "combat attacks" and made perfect sense. They didn't. Therefore, those words must mean something. Especially since, as I mentioned, they specifically lay out the sequencing in 12.1.1.
The pile in language in 12.3 isn't some fucking reminder. If that were the case, why wouldn't 12.2, discussing piling in, mention "After you select a unit to fight, you may choose to pile in..." to remind you of the sequence? Why only do this for 12.3 and not 12.2?
If your answer well its just unknown intent bullshit, then we might as well throw every fucking sentence they write out the window too until every sentence is re written in a FAQ asking if XXX sentence REALLY MEANS XXX.
>>
>>81311150
In AoS, yeah. But in WHFB he was suppose to defeat Chaos forever.
>>
>>81311278
If we are reading rules like laws then reading more into the command ability than exists is already inherently incorrect. The ability says make a pile-in move, nothing more, nothing less. This limits it to that.
>>
>>81311158
It's not nothing, Rules as written you can't use it in a kruelboyz army right now, only in Big Waagh.
>>
File: file.png (97 KB, 860x889)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
what if faction endless spells and prayers cost 0 points
>>
I never want to see another stormcast or kruleboy again after they finally get all their shit out.
Holy fuck has this dragged on so long.
>>
File: Consume Product.png (620 KB, 1081x515)
620 KB
620 KB PNG
>>81311333
I'm expecting that to happen eventually. Best way to make consoomers buy something is to tell them they're gimping themselves if they don't have it.
>>
>>81311349
same bro

>>81311371
>>81311371
>>81311371
>>81311371

NEW THREAD
>>
>>81311284
WHFB was more than eternity ago from the PoV of AoS, Sigmar was flung beyond time and archaon wondered the multiverse destroying other realities
>>
>>81311298
It doesn't have to say anything more, since, rules as written, combat attacks must be made after a pile in, per 12.3.
Mighty Destroyers could even say "pile in and may not make combat attacks" if they wanted to be very clear. They didn't. So everything operates.
>>
>>81311349
sorry, I bought dominion so those are the two armies I want to work on
>>
>>81311394
>Combat Attacks
it's not a combat attack tho
>>
>>81311253
Just warclans, it's full retard
>>
>>81311349
Kruleboys are cool, stormcast as always can go and stay go they have enough models already to suit them for 3 editions without releases.
>>
>>81309104
are eternal guard best as units of 10 or 20?
>>
File: file.png (11 KB, 353x65)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>81311394
No, they are clear, pile-in move is only a pile-in move or they would have phrased it like "pile in
and attack" in pic or used the word 'fight'



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.