[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Drizzt-5e.png (173 KB, 573x1000)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
Excuse me, sir. Might I have a moment to tell you about our lord and savior, Drizzt Do'Urden?
>>
>>81285540
You have one moment
>>
>>81285540
Drizzt? More like pissant!
>>
when will he and entreri kiss
>>
>>81285540
How many people have died giving drow the benefit of the doubt thanks to Drizzt's reputation? More than he's saved?
>>
Salvatore is my favorite author to read from.

However I'd be remiss if I didn't admit that The Companions don't have the thickest fucking plot armor in all of fictional writing.

I would hope WotC does the world a solid and will kill Drizzit off when Bob kicks it IRL.
>>
File: Drizzt must die.png (425 KB, 680x383)
425 KB
425 KB PNG
I read the first 8 Drizzt novels long ago, but I recall the bad guys having these really forced conflicts with Drizzt, like they've been portrayed as very subtle, methodical or whatnot, even leaving potential enemies alive because of optics, but as soon as Drizzt enters the picture they get a huge hateboner and throw all that shit out the window under flimsy reasoning that mostly narrates as "In [bad guy's] mind there was only one conclusion... he must kill Drizzt!". It was often kind of bizarre and tactically disadvantageous on their part.
>>
>>81288253
I think the issue was that the bad guys, on some level, could sense that something was fundamentally wrong with Drizzt even if they couldn't put a name to it. Like, the drow could all sense that 'That boy ain't right', but he was such a good fighter it was a bad idea to ask.
Remember that Wulfgar was meant to be the protagonist. Drizzt was literally "Cool elf samurai mentor who is absolutely going to die."

Things get weird as fuck when Zaknafein is reincarnated, and sees that Drizzt has impregnated a non-Elf. Drizzt has taken classes in MONK, too!
>>
File: Drow_min.png (647 KB, 913x1333)
647 KB
647 KB PNG
>>81285540
is Drizzt-wank still a thing? It feels like the snowflake connoisseurs have moved on to more unique things
>>
I honestly do not care about any of the main characters in this series but I've read like twenty books of it
>>
>>81288318
Salvatore recently lamented that the early Drizzt books were racist, or something.
I think he was trying to drum up hype for the next one, but he was appealing to cunts on twitter for some reason. WotC probably advised him to do so, given that their entire company is comprised of twitter addicts
>>
>>81290784
He accused himself of being a racist? People are weird
>>
>>81292701
you have to apologize that your previous work does not fit the extremely specific and ever changing worldview of extremist shut-in internet addicts. Otherwise they will use their surprising and unreasonably far-reaching influence to make sure you can't get work again
>>
>>81286757
Drizzt? More like Jizzt.
>>
File: plant.jpg (41 KB, 518x518)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>81285540
No.
>>
>>81285540
How about we Drizzt Do'Urdon't and say we did?
>>
Back during middle school my friends who were D&D fans were such obnoxious Drizzt fanboys that I was burned out on the character before I was even introduced to the internet, much less the media that Drizzt was from.
>>
>>81288278
Interesting if true. As to the other anons, he didn't do it to pacify twitter. He's gone on record saying he no longer likes the homogeneity of the drow outside of drizzt, and simply wanted to flesh out alternatives to menzobarranzan.
>>
>>81285540
Sure sure! Come right in to this enclosed room with no windows, iron doors, and ceiling that totally isn't trapped and wait for a min while I get refreshments.
>>
>>81293289
It's the fucking End Times for the west and they will die with a wimper. One of the only reasons I stick around is to watch it happen.
>>
>>81288318
>image
>him
I don't think the artist can draw men
>>
>>81285540
Sure. Just pronounce his name out loud and correctly first.
>>
Isn't he a sjw now? killing humans cos they killed some goblins?
>>
I had a childhood friend who drew Drizzt fan art. He played dnd and wow.
He's bald now.
>>
>>81301404
It'll be entertaining to watch the day people finally fucking have enough of these troglodytes
>>
File: hull.jpg (7 KB, 286x176)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>81285540
I could take Drizzt with both my arms tied behind my back.
>>
>>81290784
Yes and he is also not interested writing about Elistraee.
The new established Drow lore says there were wood-drows and high-drows from the get go and they were never a corrupted, evil species to begin with.
It's only a small sect of Drow bowing to Lolth who are evil, that's it.
It's all pc-bullshit so snowflakes can play as drow without any repercussions.
Wizards of the woke.
>>
>>81309995
So up to which point are Drizzt books even worth reading?
At which point does it turns into a woke fest pile of shit?
Cause i know he still releases said books even today. I have read only the first ones so far myself, from back ins 90s, those seemed fine.
>>
>>81310794
The first two books on Drizzt.
The sellswords trilogy*.

Then, if you can manage to : ignore the existence of the cunt elf Dahlia, the fourth book and the fact that Salvatore missed the only good opportunity to kill Entreri, the Neverwinter tetralogy.

* Salvore is a very average writer whith some flaws which WotC only made worse. But he never had any issue of "continuity" ; you can read any series, trilogy, tetralogy in any order, you will not be lost. If the plot needs you to know something, Salvetore manage to keep you up to date briefly and well.
>>
>>81285540
>>81288318
Killed him in BG. Felt pretty good
>>
>>81311334
So from dark elf to sellswords pretty much?
Perhaps neverwinter if the rest is good, skipping both the hunter's blades and transitions then?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.