[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mid-379-hostile-hostel.jpg (105 KB, 672x936)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
Fucking Hostile Edition

>Bans
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/newgxxx8s/september-8-2021-banned-and-restricted-announcement

>Spoilers
http://www.magicspoiler.com/
https://mythicspoiler.com/

CONSTRUCTED RESOURCES
>Current meta, complete with deck list
https://www.mtgtop8.com/
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/
https://aetherhub.com/Metagame/
>Build and share casual decks
https://deckstats.net/
http://tappedout.net/

CUBE RESOURCES
>Build and share cubes
https://www.cubetutor.com/
https://cubecobra.com/landing

CARD RESOURCES
>Search engines
https://gatherer.wizards.com/
https://scryfall.com/
https://mtg.wtf/
>Proxy a deck or a cube for cheap
https://www.makeplayingcards.com/
https://pastebin.com/9Xj1xLdM
>Play online for free
untap.in

>Previously
>>81257535

>TQ
Ban a card from each format you play.
>>
>>81280367
bros, why is standard dead in my city? It's so hard to find people to play with and now my lgs is requiring vaxpass to play tourneys. Do I just give up on this hobby?
>>
>>81280367
>Pioneer
Sylvan caryatid - too many 4+ color strategies that can't be punished
>Modern
monke
>Legacy
monke
>Pauper
Thorn of the Black Rose - monarch shouldn't be in the format, but given it is it should be a white mechanic
Honorable mention to literally unprinting lurrus
>>81280433
mtg arena killed paper standard
>>
>>81280433
You could just get vaccinated, rather than keep listening to conspiracy theories.
>>
>>81280581
>compromise on my morals to play a children's card game
you could just dilate and kys
>>
File: znr-4-archon-of-emeria.jpg (160 KB, 672x936)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>81280444
>Sylvan caryatid - too many 4+ color strategies that can't be punished
removing Sylvan Caryatid isn't the way you punish 4+ color strategies in Pioneer, it's true that ramp and fixing on a hexproof dork is very helpful but the backbone of 4+ color decks is their manabase: the combination of triomes, shocks and checklands is extremely efficient at providing the colors they need as fast as possible
we need more cards that punish running too many non-basics like pic related, preferably in red/white

straight up Blood Moon would probably be too much for the format but a white/red Back to Basics-esque card would be amazing
>>
>>81280789
Are there archon tribal decks?
>>
>>81280581
I'm vaccinated, but I'm not going to show people my papers to enter a store (or worse, have to install wizards' app to sign up for an event).
>>81280789
Hitting caryatid makes it a lot easier to slow them down a turn (similar to what archon does), and that's mainly what I'm looking to do. They should exist, but they should have to pay a more reasonable penalty for their greed.
>>
>>81280900
You already got the vaccine, why are you still resisting? I don't understand. WTF are you retarded just show the papers. Show the papers FREAK. You're crazy. What the hell is wrong with you? You're listening to conspiracy theories! Take your meds back to pol schizo!
KNOW YOUR PLACE
EAT THE BUGS
AAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>81280799
I don't think so, there are like 20 archons total in the entire game

>>81280900
>They should exist, but they should have to pay a more reasonable penalty for their greed.
I understand that, I'm telling you that just removing Caryatid isn't the right way to do with because you're not going to hurt them enough to warrant a change while simultaneously doing collateral lesser popular decks that depend on Caryatid like Soulflayer or Midrange-y Delirium decks.

Again, it's true that Caryatid is a good card that helps enable 4+ color strategies but the reason they are strong is that even in games where they don't play/draw Caryatid, they still have a rock solid manabase they can depend on with very little way of their opponents to interact with it.

It's like trying to treat the symptoms of a disease rather than the cause, you have to keep in mind that they could just print a new version of Caryatid at some point in the next couple of years of Standard sets.
>>
>>81281116
I still disagree with you here - you're saying that decks should be running hate cards to cripple the deck, where I'm saying that they should be slightly weaker in every matchup (I think their speed without caryatid is about what it should be).
I think in general, the punish to greedpiles is killing them and hitting their dorks as opposed to wasting their manabase (I love wasteland a huge amount, but pioneer is not the format for it) - caryatid is good at stopping both. I also dislike paradise druid for similar reasons, but at least that dies when it blocks.
>>
>>81280900
>I'm vaccinated, but I'm not going to show people my papers to enter a store
It’s really not that different than a being carded at a bar.

>(or worse, have to install wizards' app to sign up for an event).
Completely understandable, I do not blame you at all.
>>
>>81281277
I'm old enough I don't get carded often, and having to show an ID while going to a bar is different from having to show an ID and card going into literally every place.
When going from country to country, I understand. Having this on a daily basis is the beginning of an actual hellish existence, and this is where a lot of vaccinated people draw the line.
>>
>>81281253
>I still disagree with you here
that's fine, this is a good conversation nonetheless

>you're saying that decks should be running hate cards to cripple the deck
I'm saying that decks should have more accessible and efficient options to punish 4+ color piles in the format as whole, I did not mean to imply that they should all be maindeckable like Archon of Emeria is in some decks
I'm not a card designer so the best thing I could come up with is a literal Back to Basics in different form (maybe a 2/2 creature, again I'm not good at this), it's close to useless against Mono Black/Mono Green, you'd be insane to maindeck such a card, but it would deeply make 4+ color piles think twice before bringing their decks into a open field.

>caryatid is good at stopping both. I also dislike paradise druid for similar reasons, but at least that dies when it blocks.
but let me ask you this, what happens if they print another Caryatid or Paradise Druid? do we just ban it again?
you have to be willing to accept that the probability of them printing a "any color" mana dork that's somewhat resilient to removal isn't low, Paradise Druid was from 2019 If I'm correct
what about decks that use Caryatid farily? do we give them a replacement?

not trying to sound inquisitive here, these are real considerations you should think about before banning something like a mana dork from a format, it's different from banning a combo piece like Spy/Informer or Felidar Guardian/Inverter
>>
>>81281345
>Having this on a daily basis is the beginning of an actual hellish existence

Shut the FUCK UP about hellish existences, you have no idea what real hells are like.
>>
>>81281453
I'm actually not arguing for any ban here, I think that pioneer is relatively ok. The question was what card would I ban were I to ban a card.
wrt what if they print another hexproof mana dork? I think wizards is going to be hesitant specifically with that kind of card, because it's now a heavily disliked thing especially among arena players (their main demographic).
Decks that use caryatid fairly have other mana dorks without hexproof, which are much mroe fair cards. This does certainly weaken soulflayer, but soulflayer is explicitly not doing fair things.
>>
>>81281277
>>81281549
>show the papers, eat the bugs, REEE
Like fucking clockwork.
>>
>>81281740
>muh bugs
victory by forfeit
>>
File: 1625508244795.png (162 KB, 1148x1137)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
>modern is dead
>>
>>81281740
Go live in China for 1 (ONE) day and come crawling back, begging for the first world again.
>>
>>81281549
and you don't either so stop posting anytime.
>>
>>81281577
>I'm actually not arguing for any ban here, I think that pioneer is relatively ok. The question was what card would I ban were I to ban a card.
That's true, I got a little to caught up in the argument. I personally wouldn't ban anything in Pioneer right now, I'd actually like to unban some cards but that's a different conversation.

>I think wizards is going to be hesitant specifically with that kind of card, because it's now a heavily disliked thing especially among arena players (their main demographic)
That's also a fair point but I don't believe it's definitive, the design space of making good 2 cmc mana dorks is pretty limited, they either protect themselves in some way, add more than one color/mana or are synergistic with a specific mechanic from their set. I genuinely think that we'll get something similar to Caryatid or Paradise Druid in Standard much sooner than later.

>This does certainly weaken soulflayer, but soulflayer is explicitly not doing fair things.
Even if we are to call Soulflayer unfair, I'd argue that it is the type of archtype you want to maintain in the format because of its distinctive features, it's a graveyard deck who's payoff relies on making a super strong creature that gets beaten by edict effects or exile based board wipes. It's the type of deck that makes people consider both graveyard hate and unorthodox ways of dealing with big creatures, as opposed to generic good removal.

Basically, if Soulflayer happens to be too good you can count on people having access to the cards that can completely fuck the deck up, they just gotta put them in their sideboard, which circles back to my argument about more having more options to deal with specifically 4+ color decks but that I believe we're over thas discussion at this point.
>>
>>81281801
You have no idea how fashy your mindset is, do you? Jesus.
>>
>>81281801
You mean the China that restricts individual freedom on a scale that Orwell would have a hard time comprehending? The only way to get somewhere in the distance is to take steps toward it. Do you really want the first world to restrict freedoms unnecessarily?
>>
>>81281277
I really hope you lose your papers or somebody destroys them to make your life more difficult.
>>
>>81281918
>I really hope you lose your papers
I keep mine in my wallet, and think everybody else does or keeps them in a safe
>or somebody destroys them to make your life more difficult.
That seems incredibly petty to do over some bullshit conspiracies you believe, but I'd probably answer by pulling out my 1911
>>
>>81282096
and I thought internet tough guys went extinct
>>
>>81281879
>having a vaccination confirmation requirement for a massively-publicized global disease on some piece of paper ao you can go fuck off with the rest of your life
>versus literally getting disappeared for suggesting the wrong thing online

Yep, drivers' licenses are tyranny and a way to control the people from doing as they please. Now stop bitching about special saline and get back to arguing about more important things like black geniuses in children's card games.
>>
>>81280900
>have to install wizards' app to sign up for an event
This is the true reason paper Magic is dead. Nobody wants to install spyware from a company that shat the bed and exiled their best artist based on Chinese whispers.
>>
>>81281769
It's like the most popular it's ever been. I'm fucking mad, JotC CANNOT win this one, fuck them and fuck MH for rotating Modern every two years. I'm fucking livid.
>>
>>81282096
you post like someone who should have his gun taken away, I suggest you be empathetic and stop imply that people are as conspiratorial as you, take your meds please.
>>
>>81282289
It's been a month, but last time I played modern we still had a screen you could use if you didn't want to use the app. I was one of a few to not use it, but it was nice and I assume they would leave that as an option as to not turn away newer players and children.
>>
>>81282311
If some retard who's so deep into some bullshit conspiracies that he's going blind from shitting himself so much after eating horse paste tears up something of mine that I need in order to go to work now, I'm going to be very pissed. I think most people would be.
>>
>>81280367
>Ban a card from each format you play.
>Pioneer
Lurrus
>Modern
Ragavan
>Legacy
Ragavan
>Commander
Dockside Extortionist
>Pauper
Tron lands
>SilverBlack
Nothing, the format's great.
>>
>moderncucks will LINE UP in droves to buy boxes of MH3/4/X just to zoyface at ragavan X and new gamebreaking auto 4-ofs
>>
>>81282352
I don't know how to explain to you that you should care about people.
>>
>>81282373
t. poor
>>
>>81281549
I'm old enough to remember Yugoslavia. He's right that the worst shit people have done in recent history starts this way.
>>
>>81281277
I think the difference is that if you want to make people give up some personal bit of information, you have to clearly justify why that should be done. We are okay giving up birthdate and some identifying information on a license because much of it is visible, e.g. I can see about how tall you are and how much you weigh, plus there are documented significant adverse effects of alcohol. The tradeoff of showing an ID to get into a bar is minor because the information given is relatively minor and the protection to prevent children from drinking is worthwhile because alcohol is dangerous no matter who you are (but we determine that children cannot make responsible decisions about that danger, while adults can). Not to mention, the scope is limited in that alcohol is not available everywhere and you only show the card when purchasing.

In contrast, vaccine information is private medical information that isn't readily available on sight. The scope is widespread in that its every indoor area. The protection is minor, because the vaccine protects people from symptoms but doesn't stop much of the actual spread. A vaccinated person is exactly as safe in a room with 3 vaccinated people as they are in a room with 3 unvaccinated people.

So there isn't much of a justification, because if someone is unvaccinated and wants to go to an event full of people they are making a decision for themselves and can bear the consequences. Requiring a vax card is like deciding that 50 yr olds shouldn't drink, because they are incapable of making responsible decisions. If someone is vaxxed and wants to go to an event, them showing the card doesn't make the event any safer for anyone else or themselves but it does require giving up personal medical information and its widespread in how many times they have to show it.
>>
>>81282389
>require giving up personal medical information

What info, when and where you got your pokes? Yeah lemme just take your vax card to see whether you had depressive episodes, hospitalizations, or surgeries you fucking schizo
>>
>>81282377
There's a difference towards being empathetic towards someone and just being a bitch that gets bullied around by legitimate retards.
>>
>>81282389
It's funny how everyone remembers 9/11 but nobody remembers H1N1 was harsher than Covid and we just acted like nothing was wrong because we refused to let the government take our liberties. In turn we adapted quicker and less people died despite the 1.2B cases in a year.
>>
>>81282450
Governments have done this. And not just commie ones.
>>
>>81282465
>It's funny how everyone remembers 9/11 but nobody remembers H1N1 was harsher than Covid and we just acted like nothing was wrong because we refused to let the government take our liberties
This right here. H1N1 felt like nothing because we weren't as cucked as we are today. Imagine telling people 10 years ago about forced lockdowns, vaccone passes and gay masks over a memeflu, they'd laugh at you.
>>
>>81280433
holy fucking shit

the absolute retard
>>
>>81282450
Well, yeah, private medical information is the legal term for it. If you dislike the term, then change the law. And, even if it is still relatively benign medical information that doesn't change my point, its still private information.
>>
>>81280433
d00d, standard was always dead.
>>
>>81282465
>>81282548
H1N1 killed less people world wide in its first year than Covid did just in the United States.
>>
>>81282713
>orange man bad
Fuck off
>>
>>81282691
The same people demanding you get vaccinated and wear a badge to prove it voted to decriminalize the purposeful transmission of HIV.
>>
File: Untitled.png (213 KB, 850x639)
213 KB
213 KB PNG
Love this format :)
>>
>>81282713
I wonder why, don't you?
Twice as contagious, roughly as deadly. It's almost like people were healthier ten years ago and the media wasn't reporting every death as a covid death to force a total lockdown.
>>
>>81282751
damn that deck looks cool
>4x Ragavan, Nimble Pilferer
dammit
>>
File: finaluberchad.png (884 KB, 800x1200)
884 KB
884 KB PNG
>>81280367
>Standard
Mountain.
>Modern
Mountain.
>Pauper
Island.
>Legacy
Island.
>Commander
Forest.
>Pioneer
Forest.
>>
>>81282751
>4 chalices
Is this normal for maindeck in the current meta?
>>
>>81282805
Eldrazi has always run chalices, just ragavan is so good it's worth running with them
>>
>Open /mmg/
>More vaxx shit slinging
God I hope one of you ends up being right and the other suddenly dies or we'll never hear the end of this. It'll be fucking 2033 and /mmg/ will still be "Get vaxxed /pol/tard" "You're going to die in 3 weeks libcuck"
>>
File: Spoiler Image (155 KB, 672x936)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>81282751
>obligator
>ragavan
Joke's on you, I'm playing a snow pile. Here is your 1/1 anon, use it well.
>>
>>81282805
yeah
chalice on 0 fucks cascade decks like living end and rhinos
chalice on 1 fucks every fucking lurrus deck under the sun
chalice on 2 also fucks every fucking lurrus deck under the sun while also fucking some combo decks

chalice is the best card you could add to your deck right now
>>
>>81282828
Last president who wasn't shit was Roosevelt. Teddy, not Franklin.
>>
>>81282732
>orange man bad
This but unironically, Biden is shit too btw. Both did a fucking awful job dealing with this crap and made the US an embarassment worldwide. Meanwhile europoors are already dropping the masks and we are stuck with this crap til kingdom come. Land of the free my fucking ass.
>>
>>81282874
I hate this.
>>
>>81282848
>/mmg/
it's /mtg/ now boomer
>>
>>81282941
you can play primastic ending then, it's the best answer to chalice since shattering spree
>>
>>81282874
>chalice is going to be forever one of the strongest hate cards in game
>last printing was in TSR in the meme timeshifted border so not a real reprint
>printing before that was a judge promo so not a real reprint
>printing before that was M25 at mythic so not a real reprint
>printing before that was an inventions masterpiece so not a real reprint
>printing before that was actually at rare quality in MMA 8 years ago
i will never not hate WotC for claiming "we're doing more reprints now than ever before!" when the cards they're reprinting aren't the ones people fucking want
>>
>>81283025
>last printing was in TSR in the meme timeshifted border so not a real reprint
Looks so tasty though
>>
>>81283025
You'll paypig for them anyway
>>
>>81283173
Its art gives me the heebie jeebies
>>
>>81283025
MH2 was supposed to be the "fetchlands meaningful reprint" set and it came with ridonkulous prices and managed to triple the price of modern decks.
Before that 70% of the price of a modern deck was the manabase alone.
>>
>Bought $37 worth of MH2 boosters
>Only pull a Marsh Flats, everything else is sub dollar fodder
It hurts, but I did this to myself.
>>
>>81282575
>tranny detected
>>
>>81282874
I love Chalice because it gave me one of the saltiest wins ever
>Cut to money match for WMC qualifier
>Smug "pro" playing Jund loses game 1 vs my Burn, wins game two by Goyf poker.
>Game 3 mulls to 5, I play Swifty and hit for 1, he pays 3 life to fetch then Thoughtseize my Destructive Revelry
>I play Swifty and Bolt putting him at 9
>He drop Chalice on 1
>On my turn cast Bolt, trigger Swiftspears
>He yells "YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" in shrill autistic rage
>Tell him to read the card, then cast two Lava Spikes to hit for 8
>He slams the table with the Scooze he thought was gonna win him the match, scoops up his shit and leaves the store, doesn't even sign the slip
>>
>>81283568
Big if true, also never noticed Prowess was on cast and not successful cast.
>>
>>81282732
I never mentioned the orange man.

>>81282770
Come on, you’re smarter than that. Swine Flu was both less deadly and spread slower, and that’s before Delta.
>>
>>81283568
8/10 quality move anon, fuck whineys
>>
I'm trying to get into Historic but don't have much of a collection from the anthologies.
I played a bw aristocrats/vampire deck back in RNA, would something like this pass in Historic with some older upgrades?
picrel was my favorite card
>>
Can I get sellable shit in set boosters of the DnD set or is it wasted money?
>>
File: aKVbRMKr_700w_0.jpg (51 KB, 460x675)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>81283888
I can see why
>>
>>81283957
Sealed product is almost all wasted money.
https://scryfall.com/sets/afr?q=set%3Aafr&as=grid&order=usd&dir=desc&jump_to=
None of the set booster only cards break $15, even in foil.
>>
wow none of mid's cards look good
>>
File: 1578960592777.png (611 KB, 610x468)
611 KB
611 KB PNG
>>81283173
>mfw I was only able to get 2 packs of TSR and got Chalice and Foil Resto Angel
>>
>>81280367
>>TQ
>Ban a card from each format you play.

>Standard
Probably whatever the current best counterspell is.

>Modern
The fetch lands

>Legacy
Ragavan

Commander
Oracle.
>>
>>81283888
historic is either jund sac or decks that are almost all anthologies cards. It sucks, and most of my friends have stopped playing it as a result.
>>
>>81281277
You aren't my doctor, you don't get to see my medical records.
>>
>>81284257
but what if i said pretty please with sugar on top
>>
>>81284267
You better show me a blood test result that shows you aren't at risk for diabetes or else I'll have to ask you to leave and take your sugar with you for everyone else's safety.
>>
>>81282389
That is a lot of words for your cope, anon.
>>
File: Poopyreddeck.jpg (1.23 MB, 1280x1080)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
Any tips on making a better red deck?

I think I may be a bit too heavy on creatures. I could possibly remove the pyromancers and the related enchantment in favor of some more instants/sorceries and some different enchantments.
>>
File: mh1-134-lava-dart.jpg (171 KB, 672x936)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>81284505
>I think I may be a bit too heavy on creatures.
pretty much, yes

I like what you're doing with Magma Jet + Miracle spells but It's not quite clear to me what's your maindeck and what's your sideboard, you have too many one-ofs
Put some Lava Darts in your deck it's a perfect way to proc your Shamans/Harmonic Prodigy
>>
>>81284505
What cards are you committed to i.e. what cards do you really want to run?
I think you want to lower your curve with both creatures and spells - the 1-drop prowess creatures would be good, as well as stuff like lava spike or rift bolt.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (154 KB, 475x475)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
>>81282873
>>
>>81284620
Guttersnipe and Harmonic.

I could possibly drop the 4 pyromancers, Burning Earth, and Goblin bombardment.
That would free up 6 card slots.

I could further open up more spots by side boarding Abrade too, but not sure what I would use in their stead.

How about Fireball or some more increasing vengeances?

I'm tempted to get a second Valakut to increase the likeliness of play and sideboard two blood moons which I'd have to buy one more of as well.

>>81284581

I think I will get a play set of lava darts, and possibly pick up 2 more searing bloods as well.
>>
>>81284202
>>Modern
>The fetch lands
You have Pioneer for that baby shit
>>
>>81284758
If you don't want to drop those, you probably want to have either soul-scar mage or the young pyromancers as your only other creature.
In terms of spells, lava dart is a big one, as well as much cheaper spells. You want a lot of 1 mana spells and almost certainly light up the stage.
In terms of mana, I'd look more at something like 4 ramunap ruins than a valakut angle - ideally, they're almost dead and ramunap works when you have 5 lands as opposed to 7.
>>
>>81284505
18 Mountain
2 Ramunap Ruins
4 Soul-Scar Mage
4 Harmonic Prodigy
4 Guttersnipe
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Lava Spike
4 Lava Dart
4 Gut Shot
4 Manamorphose
4 Searing Blood
4 Light up the Stage
>>
>>81285020
I'm going to order a play set or two of extended art light up the stage.

I did find some cards I forgot I bought, play sets of skullcrack, mizzium mortars, and exquisite firecraft.

I do have one copy of Radiate though which might be neat, but I may be falling back into my previous problem of too many one offs.
>>
>>81285152
It's okay to include some one-of fun-ofs where it's slightly suboptimal, but it can be cool to draw. Especially since this looks like you're playing with friends.
If you're going to a local event, you can just sub them out for the more linear cards.
>>
>>81282464
This is why you should just kill the vaccinated if they get too close to you.
Don’t won’t them shedding their spike cells all over in their obese huffing and puffing and sweat.
>>
https://secretlair.wizards.com/us/outoftimesuperdrop
The fuck is this?
>>
>>81285376
>The fuck is this?
Is this your first time seeing secret lairs?
>>
>>81285452
Yes, is it just the new from the vault?
>>
>>81285294
I’d say take your meds, but I’m sure you flushed them down the toilet because you think the doctor is trying to control your mind.
>>
>>81285575
basically, they're print to order. They were made because one guy was a big fan of sneaker drops and wanted to emulate them
The best part is they're now printing new cards into them influenced by popular media in black border - there are now magic cards named after The Walking Dead characters, for example. Fortnite is next, and I am not joking (it is announced).
>>
>>81285602
That dude is borderline blind from shitting himself off all the yummy horse paste.
>>
>>81285636
The Fortnite one is just reprints, though. Thank fuck.
Some of the lairs have been neat, but they're vastly outweighed by the awful.
>>
>get order in from villa
>missing 2 cards but got 3 random cards along with it
wtf?
>>
>>81285691
He always sends me random shit, but he's never shorted me.
>>
>>81285646
I think the Street Fighter is new cards, with promise that there will be functional versions in normal sets.
>>
>>81282803
Unbelievably based.
>>
>>81285865
I thought it was just Chun-li. They gave her Multikicker as a joke.
>>
>>81283752
>he fell for the inflated numbers and thinks memeflu is deadly
>>
File: imagen_2021-09-13_222832.png (1.33 MB, 1200x839)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
how many double face cards usually have?
are thouse a scam to sell more translucid sleeves and people buy sets of 8 instead of 4?
>>
>>81286175
If they were a scam, they wouldn't give you tokens to use in your deck to represent them.
>>
>>81286221
I thought the new set is not going to get the token.
If that is the case I guess its not that
>>
>>81283439
Feeling you my brother. Sadly some of us are doomed at always opening shit, so everybody else around us can crack ravs, murktide and tarns.
The only way to not lose at this game is to only order singles and forget about your pack-cracking addiction (which should already be close to zero anyway).
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (625 KB, 2016x1512)
625 KB
625 KB JPG
>>81283439
These were my opens from my 2 prereleases :)
>>
Tested for few hours my meme R-storm for pioneer. It's slow as all shit and fragile as all fuck. Wont ever be a thing. But it still was a valuable lesson, because i learned how broken is birgi. Her flip side is the most powerful draw engine i've ever encountered. Just birgi + her flipped side and you can cast your entire deck in the turn if you mostly run 1cmc spells.

About Moonveil Regent, i'm now a bit less optimistic than i was yesterday. No doubts it's a powerful and unique card, but finding him a home deck will probably be trickier than i initially expected.
Already ordered 35 copies yesterday though, so i better try harder to find this fucker a home lol.
>>
File: bobo.jpg (43 KB, 285x280)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>81286560
>he didn't invest in stuffed bearcoin
unironically ngmi, 300 copies already preordered and more whenever my next paycheck comes in
>>
>>81286658
Swanpill me bobro, what is this bearcoin you speak about?
>>
>>81286422
Disgusting, why did wizards do this?
>>
>>81286560
>finding him a home deck will probably be trickier than i initially expected
Storm, it's fucking Storm. Every spell you cast reads "draw a card".
>>
>>81280679
>muh morals

Top kek my friend, keep owning yourself. I mean the libs
>>
Is it a shit thing to do to buy cards off of your friend for like 20% over buy list prices?
>>
>>81286941
Also if said friend needed money within two weeks and didn't want to deal with ebay
>>
File: mid-259-stuffed-bear.jpg (90 KB, 672x936)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>81286754
it's just a meme, i saw some comment back when this was spoiled that "omg you can play it in a deck full of wraths and can still attack after wrathing!" and thought it was kind of a dumb observation
I mean, yeah, that is a thing I guess, but only in the sense that something like "you can play nameless inversion to grow your goyf" is a synergy. You can do it, but there's likely much better uses of your mana/card slots than that (If you actually wanted to do the dumb wrath meme, something like Haunted Plate Mail is probably better). At the very least, 4/4 on an initial 2 mana investment is above average for artifact animators (not sure what they're called. totems? statues?).
>>
https://scryfall.com/sets/mmh2
wtf are these
>>
>>81286941
You're giving him more than he'd get otherwise.
>>
Will Kamigawa 2077 have flip cards?
>>
>>81286831
Didn't you read the post? That's what i'm trying.
Speaking of which, i made some modifications, and now it's going way smoothier.
I replaced the clowny mana generation consisting on 8 untap at each spell creatures and 4 sorcerer class upped to level 2. Sorcerer class was a cool card, but this whole engine was way too slow, and the mana being only availible for instants/sorceries ended up fucking me big time in several occasions.
Now it's simply Runaway Steam-Kin + Birgi. Save me slots, is faster, can use the mana on whatever spell i want to, snowball way more efficiently once going off..
That said, it comes with a drawback : only 8 mana generators, and i need to hit 2 to start to combo (t2 steam-kin onto t3 birgi is the dream scenario, it let you free to combo by next turn, after a bunch of cantrips effect you should have enough mana and dug deep enough to find either a flipped birgi or a regent), which is very fragile.
I also lose access to U, and to the sorcerer class upped to level 3 which was my wincon.

Now i've been forced to improvise for the wincon, and noticed the creatures would be enough to do the trick. Basically by the time you comboed off, your creatures have haste, trample, first strike and unblockable thanks to all your cantrips. So with the 4 extra slots i saved, i added as final cantrip Dragon Mantle. It serve the double purpose of being part of the draw engine and as wincon. Once you cleared your deck and have 30+ R in your pool, you pump your army of regents with +7/+0 each and swing for lethal. In goldfish, the deck usually combo off by turn 5 very consistently. Before that, it's quite rare, you can theorically win by T3, but the chances are incredibly thin, so realistically we should aim for a T4 kill as optimal objective.
>>
>>81287203
Oops, forgot the list.
>>
>>81280581
I mean this with zero humor.
Kill yourself. Now. Do your poor mother the favor.
>>
>>81282096
You post like someone who votes away their rights.
>>
>>81286941
Not if you buy it all. If you go pick through his collection and only get what you really wanted, it is a shit thing to not give him trend price. If you take it all, I would also expect some discount.
>>
>>81287152
>>
If you play with secret lair cards I will pack up my shit and leave.
>>
>>81287251
Trump’s getting back in office any day now, don’t you worry, just keep sending him money.
>>
>>81287251
enjoy having the plague
>>
>>81287753
What if I play with my Belle Delphine Emry alters?
>>
>>81280581
Based
>>81287251
Seethe
>>81287819
Cope
>>
>>81287152
No it'll have three sided cards that make you roll a dice and double sided companions that make you satisfy TWO requirements to use them
>>
>>81287203
I meant Modern Storm.
It eliminates the possibility of bricking which was the one way you could lose once you got PiF on the graveyard.
>>
File: sld-201-arcane-signet.jpg (186 KB, 672x936)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>81287753
There is one exception.
Until there's a regular art that doesn't have the ape hand, this is the only civilized version of Arcane Signet.
>>
File: Laughing Guff.jpg (53 KB, 640x516)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>81283568
>>
File: MTG23.jpg (181 KB, 1017x697)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
Does anyone have any interest in Midnight Haunt now that the entire spoiler is out?
The only thing I want from MH is to buy Evan Cagle's depiction of Liesa, Forgotten Archangel. https://twitter.com/cagle_evan
Sorry about that, Dmitry. That re-design is bad compared to her commander version. https://www.artstation.com/burmak

>>81280367
>Hostile Edition
Hostile? More like Indifference.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (329 KB, 544x544)
329 KB
329 KB PNG
>>81284683
More like
>>
I like Innistrad, but I do not like Midnight Hunt. The latter strips the plane of its mood, its atmosphere, and replaces it with a disgusting blend of Hearthstone and modern day "pagans."
>>
Which way, white man?
>>
File: united states of futa.png (161 KB, 500x378)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>81289506
You already know the answer.
>>
File: netorare.jpg (79 KB, 389x1051)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>81289561
>California
>Netorare
kek
>>
>>81289590
Many such cases in commiefornia.
>>
gisa booba
>>
File: gib.png (7 KB, 277x182)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>81289832
SUMMONING BOOBA EDIT
SUMMONING BOOBA EDIT
SUMMONING BOOBA EDIT
SUMMONING BOOBA EDIT
SUMMONING BOOBA EDIT
>>
>>81289561
Now I know jerking off to futa isn't gay, but it drawing in the veins on a massive futa cock gay? It's on a girl so I dont think so but I definitely feel pretty gay looking at a dick for several hours trying to get the cock glisten just right.
>>
>>81289832
I'd suck on those tatas until I turn into a zombie if you catch my approximate drift
>>
>>81282352
>horse paste
Anon, would you sign this petition to ban the use of dihydrogen monoxide? It’s used in all sorts of chemicals, yet studies have revealed some amount of this substance is in all of our food!
>>
>>81290569
>dihydrogen monoxide
that shit's scary, I heard everyone who ever took it is now dead!
>>
>>81290360
It's only gay if you draw the balls too.
>>
Will the Eldrazi cards have a new reprint anytime soon?
>>
>>81291154
Maybe in some gay premium set. I have doubts that they’ll put drazi in a standard legal set any time soon.
Enjoy your reprint that raises the price of the card!
>>
>>81291186
Do you mean a Modern oriented set or Secret Lairs? Damn, I am new to paper Magic, and really wanted to try a green/red Eldrazi. Seems fun.
>>
>>81291255
Sets like modern horizons don’t include reprints of cards that are already modern legal last I checked, so yeah it could be a secret lair or some stupid shit like the commander precons or commander-legal sets. I think they’re doing core sets again after having canceled them for a second time, so MAYBE a core set could have Wasteland Strangler or Reality Smasher. But I wouldn’t bet on it, and there’s pretty much no chance they’d print a big eldrazi like Kozilek or Emrakul.
>>
>>81289832
Nice art. They did a great job making her pose very fluid and gestural. She's just oozing that crazy bitch energy.

Also
>>81289878
>>
>>81290569
>Horse paste is water
Lay off the ivermectin, bro. You're shitting out brain cells now
>>
bros.. how do we get bogles to work post mh2? people dont respect the frog anymore
>>
>>81291832
Just play Prowess or Tardhammer. It's the same deck
>>
>>81291832
Run the traditional list with Leylines in the maindeck, there's an awful lot of cheap removal and discard in the meta right now.

But I'm afraid the only real way of dealing with Chalices is Force of Vigor
>>
>>81292358
interesting idea with main deck leyline
I have 4 force but I'm only running 2 in the side to make space for leys. I might try this. I was also thinking of cutting gryphs for spirit mantle.
I have 2sythis in main to give myself insane card draw combined with kor and horizon canopy. Sythis also pumps ethereal armor, so I think she's pretty decent.
>>
>>81292473
>I have 2sythis in main to give myself insane card draw combined with kor and horizon canopy.
galaxy brain idea anon, I'm gonna try that too
>>
>>81290360
Artistic nudity is neither straight not gay. It's merely depiction of body, realistic, idealized, or caricatured.
>>
>>81286965
I like stuffed bear because it reminds me of the era where Chimeric Idol was good.
>>
File: Gentleman Chad.jpg (47 KB, 624x624)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>Artistic nudity is neither straight not gay. It's merely depiction of body, realistic, idealized, or caricatured
>>
mtg is supposed to be bigger than ever.. so why does it feel so dead
>>
>>81293986
Because people may be buying and selling, but they aren't playing. And when you do play it, you understand why others have stopped: because newer card design has made the experience of playing the game feel like shit.
>>
File: 1532090120140.png (20 KB, 789x750)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
When naming a deck, is it "Knight Tribal" or "Tribal Knight"?
>>
Hasbro and mark rosewater are the worst things that ever happened to magic.
>>
>>81294073
Blame sell-outs too
>>
>>81294071
"Knight Tribal" sounds right to me but I'm an ESL
>>
>>81294071
"Jank brew #374"
>>
why is cosplay allowed and when does wizards hire one that has an only fans?
>>
>>81294071
Saturday Knight Fever you fucking pleb
>>
File: Gisa.jpg (262 KB, 672x936)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>81289878
>>81290377
>>81291452
>>
File: uqVAnEU.gif (1.97 MB, 219x255)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>>81294471
amazing edit, thanks!
>>
>>81294471
Thanks N

Going to go nut now
>>
>>81294506
eww, why would you feel the need to mention that instead of just doing it quietly if you have to?

hot, I hope it will be a substantial nut~
>>
>>81286422
Ni hao
xie xie
>>
>>81289561
>Monster girls
Based rednecks
>>
>>81294281
Good but already taken
https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/saturday-knight-fever/
>>
>>81294471
What a king
Almost bought the shitty precon just for that card
self-control is a blessing
>>
File: chinese-ants.jpg (621 KB, 1942x1466)
621 KB
621 KB JPG
>>81281801
THAT'S THE POINT RETARD
Keep making your country more like china and soon you won't have to go live in china for "one day" to know what it's like.
>>
>>81284505
remove all creatures add more artifacts that draw cards, planeswalkers and burn spells
>>
>a thread about rudy is getting 300 replies on /pol/
wtf is this timeline?
>>
>>81295335
>surprised that /pol/ talks enthusiastically about jews
are you enjoying your first day here
>>
You think legacy has some space for candelabra decks? Noticed Saga grabs it, was wondering if karn package would work.Also with proliferate/foundry/wire lockdown mode - spend mana on upkeep, get wire to live forever.
// 60 Maindeck
// 26 Artifact
4 Retrofitter Foundry
3 Tangle Wire
3 Smokestack
4 Chalice of the Void
2 Contagion Clasp
2 Mystic Forge
3 Ensnaring Bridge
3 Candelabra of Tawnos
2 Mazemind Tome

// 3 Creature
3 Walking Ballista

// 25 Land
3 Karn's Bastion
4 Urza's Saga
4 Blast Zone
2 Inventors' Fair
4 Glimmerpost
4 Cloudpost
4 Vesuva

// 6 Planeswalker
4 Karn, the Great Creator
2 Karn, Scion of Urza

// 14 Sideboard
// 9 Artifact
SB: 1 Pithing Needle
SB: 1 Smokestack
SB: 1 Tangle Wire
SB: 1 Ensnaring Bridge
SB: 1 Candelabra of Tawnos
SB: 1 Mycosynth Lattice
SB: 1 Ratchet Bomb
SB: 1 Liquimetal Coating
SB: 1 Tormod's Crypt

// 1 Creature
SB: 1 Walking Ballista

// 4 Enchantment
SB: 4 Leyline of the Void
>>
>>81295519
>You think legacy has some space for candelabra decks?
Yes, Cloudpost is a deck although Green Post is a lot more popular that Colorless Post.

As for your deck, I don't have a lot of experience with Colorless Post as an archtype but I guarantee you do not need more than 1 Retrofitter Foundry in your Urza's Saga deck, take 3 out for literally anything and you'll improve your deck.
>>
>>81296200
i mainly thought about the tangle wire/smokestack synergy, which is what the whole proliferate angle is all about, but you might be right.
>>
File: 1630684276904.png (30 KB, 1056x937)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>81295519
*yawn*
>tomb, petal, show and tell
>>
>>81295335
There is no such thread.
2.5/10 I got trolled.
>>
>>81296360
https://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/339071147#top
>>
File: 1654895364.png (59 KB, 290x483)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
Why is Lotus Combo getting less and less popular in Pioneer? It's not a bad deck - even as a newbie I'm doing quite well and I'm mostly dying to clock rather than my opponents.
>>
>>81297030
Because its a precon. Everyone says how much they wish precons for formats existed but nobody actually wants to be the loser playing a precon at fnm.
>>
>looking to sell substantial collection worth over six figures
>decide to see what's up with some FB groups
>message admin of one who has a post stating they buy all cards but especially looking for higher end stuff
>we chat a bit and then dude ghosts once he realizes I am not some mouthbreathing mong that he can easily exploit for a quick profit
>third person that did that of three I chatted with, at least one was honest beforehand and said he wouldn't pay more than 45% of TCGLow

Friendly reminder that people who created and run these groups almost all intentionally made it so that they see posts first and can take advantage of the uninformed. They also sticky their own buying posts which are fucking shams as well.

On another note I cannot wait to get away from first Lessons and now Dungeons in limited. Made for such boring and repetitive gameplay hopefully next set will be at least a touch more diverse.
>>
File: 1578695819423.jpg (25 KB, 720x405)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>81297342
Joke's on them - I will finally build my favourite deck in paper for cheap. Fuck WotC but I'm okay with taking this kind of consoom bait.
>>
File: emn-184-grim-flayer.jpg (155 KB, 672x936)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
Bros I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna make BG Delirium work in post-Innistrad Pioneer, I'm not sure how yet, but I'm gonna fucking do it.

>>81297030
1. It's a combo deck that plays very differently from everything else in the format, there's a dedicated playerbase for the deck rather than something that people jump on when the deck is doing good, we still have some results from those players, they just aren't big in numbers
2. The meta isn't particularly good for it, there's plenty of interactive aggro (RB Arcanist, Mono Black, Spirits, UW Ensoul, UR Phoenix) on the rise while Midrange/Tap-Out Control is underplayed outside of Niv to Light
3. Since around mid-Strixhaven other combo decks started to gain popularity, there's 4c Ascendancy, RG Bard Class and even a little bit of Locust Sage combo, Lotus no longer feels like the only real option for combo players in the format
>>
Quick question, manabase for 5-color commander (Child of Alara, Reaper King)

I have one of each shockland and a fuckton of taplands/gainlands

My budget is around $60

Do I buy some of the cheap fetches, or something else?
>>
>>81299345
>My budget is around $60
Proxy. It's your only option unless you want to do nothing and then lose in half your games.
>>
>>81299345
#1. go to >>>/tg/edhg/
#2. no such thing as a cheap fetch, the two cheapest right now are marsh flats and arid mesa at $18-19
#3. if you want a cheap manabase then run a handful of cheap dorks or mana fixers like chromatic lantern or the world tree
#4. >>81299414
>>
>>81286422
how are the foils in mh2? Super curled as usual?
>>
What if I want to play Vintage but I'm not rich. Are there any Vintage players who allow proxies?
>>
>>81299725
it's much less bad than recently (my brazen borrower or stained glass teferis are borderline sleeve unplayable, even with double sleeves).
Idk if that holds though in AFR since I don't really have any foils from there.
>>
>>81299733
I think almost every single vintage player will allow proxies.
>>
>>81299733
I'm think not a single vintage player will allow proxies.
>>
>>81299847
>>81299875
Bros...
>>
is it just me or is midnight hunt missing all the deliberately ugly people that wizards has been putting into recent sets
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.83 MB, 1343x934)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB PNG
>>81300033
bro
>>
>>81300094
that one's more like an african carved idol rather than an actually ugly person
>>
>>81300033
EVEN THE BIRDS IS NIGGAS
>>
>Suspicious Stowaway
>Consider
>Otherworldly Gaze
>Faithful Mending
what do you dump into the graveyard with this?
>>
File: brazilian.png (252 KB, 600x600)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
>>81300141
This set even includes Brazilians in the artwork
>>
Let me ask,they end the ritual? Emrakul shows off? Everything explode?
Wrenn did something besides saying Goodbye to Six and finding a new wood friend?
No, really, Wrenn did something besides that?
>>
i actually want to pay wizards money on arena but their platform is so absolutely shit i dont think i will
>>
>>81289506
I prefer futa vampire over that thing
>>
>>81300033
i dont know men, it seems to be the usual.
>>
>>81300094
One of the ugliest cards in the set.
>>
>>81300189
either A. cards you don't need, or B. cards you want in the graveyard. Literally that easy.
>>
>>81280367
Goodbye oppai... yy
>>
>>81294471
Breh do that with the full ress, not that early image
>>
>>81280789
retard take
>hit all form of good multi colored lands
OR
>hit the 5 mana producing, unboltable mana dork
and you choose the fucking former
>>
>>81300348
The nogs get uppity, Tovolar fucks their shit up. They steal Sorin's stuff to erase the locals creepies form their horror plane so Olivia shows up and fucks their shit up again.
>>
>>81283429
nigga modern was way more expensive before this. the only reason the format was cheap before was because every deck was ass and the best 3 decks were heliod, prowess and hammer time, which all three were pretty cheap.
>>
>>81280679
Lolol found the jund fag
>>
File: Ded hwit pipo wrangler.jpg (930 KB, 2723x2000)
930 KB
930 KB JPG
>>81300094
Is time fo yo dicc flattenin' hwhit boi
>>
>>81301376
>>81300141
There's a difference between making ugly people who are supposed to be grotesque like zombies or abominations, which is reasonable, and heavyset badass kinnan "body positivity" shit.
>>
>>81301856
dont know if you are counting the female tavern ruffian as an ugly by dessign, or as a positivity quota
>>
File: arn-37-bird-maiden.jpg (261 KB, 672x936)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>81301828
even this art isn't that bad compared to that angel.
We won't get anything like this again, but at least your art doesn't hurt to look at like the mythic.
>>
>>81301515
I was asking for advice/specific examples of B
>>
kinda weird how much more popular pioneer has been getting as of late.
mh2 must've really done a number on modern.
>>
File: 1631654510755.gif (1.64 MB, 500x484)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB GIF
>have to spend $500 on 4 ragavans to keep jund up to date
god this shit is exhausting
>>
>>81302311
Quit the game dude, sell all your cards and buy metal 15mm american civil war miniatures
>>
>>81302064
Alright, here's some specific examples of decks that like looting:
-You're playing some dredge-based strategy, in which case you can dredge and then dump those dredgers back in the bin.
-You're playing reanimator, in which case the looting draws you closer to your reanimate spells and gives you the opportunity to bin your fatties
-For something like Consider, you can use it to potentially increase your delirium or threshold while giving you card selection. Also synergies with stuff like Jace Vyrn's Prodigy, Lurrus, Dreadhorde Arcanist, Goyf, and basically anything that cares about either card count or card type in the graveyard.
-You have a "discard matters" card, like... uh... Flameblade Adept? Not too many of these to be honest.
-The most obvious synergy is with flashback, aftermath, and basically anything you can cast from your graveyard like Haakon, Demilich, and Hogaak
-remain neutral or even increase your card advantage (i.e. faithful mending draw 2 regular spells discard 2 flashback spells so you now essentially have 4 things you can cast).
>>
Is it worth getting into Pioneer? I'm scared WOTC will release Pioneer Horizons and ruin the format.
>>
>>81302356
I'm honestly surprised they didn't just declare Modern Horizons sets to be Pioneer legal to wring out a few extra sales.
>>
>>81302329
This.
I stopped playing/buying. Way happier. Way more money in bank. No sjw shit.
>>
>>81302294
Modern was ruined by MH2, Historic was ruined by Arena-only cards.
There's no way out of the Pioneer bunker that doesn't involve getting infected by bullshit.
>>
>>81302352
thanks anon
>>
>>81302311
Why would you want to play Jund after it's been horribly powercrept for years?
>>
>>81302356
>Is it worth getting into Pioneer?
if your local scene has enough people for it, I highly recommend it
and I don't say this out of spite against Modern, I'd recommend people to play Modern too but it's much easier to recommend cheaper formats

>>81302414
>>81302708
one of the biggest reasons they decided to create Pioneer was because when they chose to inject the first supplemental product into Modern, there was no longer a format where you could say "only cards that were in Standard at some point are legal"
people play Pioneer because its card pool is defined by Standard sets, if they ever try to print "Pioneer Horizons" or something similar, people would quit in droves because it goes against the very reason the format exists

it's completely different from Modern where at least some portion of the playerbase was interested in "giving support to underdeveloped archtypes through a dedicated set" and card legality was definied by the Modern card frame, I repeat, if one day they decide to print supplemental sets into Pioneer, 99% of the playerbase just quits the format because that's not what they signed up for

it would be the equivalent of saying Uncommons are legal in Pauper or letting people play with 4x copies of cards in EDH/Singleton, it doesn't make any sense
>>
File: coolface Milo.png (121 KB, 275x374)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
>>81302986
>it would be the equivalent of saying Uncommons are legal in Pauper or letting people play with 4x copies of cards in EDH/Singleton

Or printing planeswalkers with rules text saying that they can be used as commanders.
>>
File: rr.jpg (140 KB, 672x936)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>81280367
My opponent has a Rotting Regisaur. If I unsummon his Rotting Regisaur during his upkeep, does he still discard a card? If he has no cards in hand, does that mean he has to discard the Rotting Regisaur?
>>
>>81303213
Yes and yes. First the ability goes on the stack, opp passes priority, you use priority to play card over ability, card resolve first, ability resolve after.
>>
>>81303261
Thank you! This also means I win the game. Woohoo!
>>
>>81302986
>it would be the equivalent of saying Uncommons are legal in Pauper
tbf nowadays SilverBlack is much more fun than Pauper.
But yeah the point of Pioneer is that's the the format where old Standard decks go to revive old glories. And it's actually achieved that, even if the top tiers are goodstuff piles from the whole card pool at least one deck from every Standard rotation in Pioneer's scope is still competitive.
Mono Black Devotion is real.
Esper Control is real.
Abzan Midrange is real.
Aristocrats is real.
Pummeler is real.
Mono Red Prowess is real.
WUx Approach is real.
Cat Oven is real.
Modern never had even a semblance of this, it started broken and has not been shit for very brief periods, but it's usually a cesspool. And I say that as someone who made a lot of cash with the filth.
>>
>>81300323
kek
>>
Any suggestions for side load zipper binders? (preferably 9 pocket but smaller is fine too). Almost every one I see has reviews complaining about bending cards.
>>
Is playing Thalia in EDH cancerous? It's purely for waifufag reasons
>>
>>81304171
that sounds like a question for /edhg/ my friend
>>
>>81282289
Wait. Tell me this story. What are these Chinese whispers and what became of the artist wizard?
>>
u tron bros where you at
can i get a qrd on the elder deep fiend variant i keep seeing go 5-0

i'm putting together a list and i've got everything except wurmcoils and ballistas, almost considering skipping them to try out that instead
t. poorfag
>>
>>81304460
If I had my foil and regular ballista I'd give them to you for free, shit's pretty goddamn nuts
>>
>>81301828
>They wouldn't thank us for civilizing them when alive, why would it change now that they're undead?
>>
>>81282389
You're being autistic about it. The point is that it leads down a dangerous authoritarian path if we let the government decide and force people to do things unless they want to be second class citizens.
>>
File: 20210919.jpg (118 KB, 488x680)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>81289340
>>81301576
Angel of Despair, Deathpact Angel and Selenia. Are there any more BW angels?

>>81289832
>>81294471
Girl Ghoul's Night Out *boing boing*
Hahah
>>
File: 164984688592.jpg (11 KB, 397x254)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Fuck happened to this game? I see this new set and its all so fucking garbage. I don't even wanna go to the prerelease and i fucking love prereleases
>>
>>81304730
What don't you like about it? I myself hate furfags.
>>
>>81304769
the cards. All of them are boring and godawful. Plus they are continuing the terrible trend of adding Planeswalkers to the game. God this game has gone to absolute dogshit
>>
>>81304795
If there is not a planeswalker that looks just like me, how will I enjoy the game?
>>
>>81304795
Has there been a recent standard set without planeswalkers? Sounds like you should of quit ages ago.
>>
>>81304810
i have already quit 2 years ago when the coof oblitaterated game stores. I still check out the prereleases to see if a set is worth going to to have some fun but i have been let down every damn time
>>
>>81304826
How come you haven't learned that lesson in the last two years? Did you know the next pre release is also going to have planeswalkers? And the one after that too. They will always have planeswalkers. Why are you unable to understand this on your own?
>>
>>81304800
I'm sure WotC will eventually correct their mistake of not representing me, a big dick latino.
>>
>>81304908
Maybe Huatli has a big dick.
>>
File: 2464.hq.jpg (76 KB, 389x315)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Does anyone know where to find a decent limited set review? I don't want to pay for ChannelFireball.
>>
>>81305025
Limited Resources on youtube.
>>
lil' tip for the yurofrens who want a super cheap penny spec : load up on Esika's Chariot.
Card is around 30c, but only 600 copies left for the regular version (and as much for the shit-looking extended border or whatever), from a set who wasn't opened much.
The card is going straight up since august in the US, and it sees play in most formats (even saw a G troony top8ing with it).
Even if it only reach let say 3€, that's already a x10.
Of course, remember not to go balls deep, it potentially can pop up in a challenger deck at any time.
>>
>>81305025
?
They don't release them for free anymore?
>>
>>81305532
I could've sworn I had the alt art version of this, but nope. For the longest time I wanted to play a deck that used the Chariot with the newer Jolrael to barb-dick the opponent.
>>
File: a8oy6AO_460s.jpg (30 KB, 460x358)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>81304711
Magister of Worth
>>
File: unh-15-ladies-knight.jpg (264 KB, 672x936)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>81289832
>>
>>81305563
Then it's maybe time for you to get a playset fren. The card is really underrated in a way. Even if you attack only once and the chariot get killed, you still have 3x 2/2's left otb. And the copy token trigger isn't limited to creatures, but to any kind of tokens, which i'm sure is very appreciated in edh. Also a great blink target, and the day jotc try to bank on the hecckin caterinos, this is probably the best way to go wide for a cat tribal.
That's a lot of good points for a penny card.
>>
>>81305664
Don't post the chud version.
>(You can define women’s clothing as you see fit. Be reasonable.)
>>
>>81305559
Nope, it's behind a paywall. There are others but I don't know if they're good.

>>81305458
Maybe I should have specified that I'm looking for a written review, but I might give them a try.
>>
>>81305698
Wtf?
Fucking greedy scum, I always read those before drafting
>>
>>81288937
>Non binary wizard (you know that's what wizards meant by using they, it's wizards)
>Civilised
Pick one
>>
>>81305708
Why don't you ask your fellow anons instead? Pretty sure channel jewball mostly write shitty articles. Paywalled or not.
>>
>>81301592
we don't have it yet afaik. though In 3.0 has other promising art as well
>>
File: unnamed (1).png (193 KB, 265x370)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
>>81305776
Okay then, what are the best commons and uncommons in all colors? And what are the archetypes? I can already tell you that werewolf lightning bolt is pretty good.
>>
>>81305884
Sadly i can't help you, but i can give you this recent mkm article :
https://www.cardmarket.com/en/Magic/Insight/Articles/A-First-Look-at-Midnight-Hunt-Limited

They list all the best commons per color for limited (at least according to the writer's pov).
>>
>>81305936
This was decent, thanks.
>>
>>81305564
Holy shit, I want my pipi on her popo.
>>
>>81304826
I stopped in 2017 when I moved to a town that didn't have a game store.

I move back during the coof when game stores were still closed and when they reopened I see all this shit.

The cards are just stupid and in some it's obvious they were never tested, so now they're selling test cards, special packs that are 2-3x the price of regular set booster packs, fat packs look fucked, and their artwork has a lot of forced SJW shit in it too.
>>
>>81281277
If you had any doubt whether you'd side with the Nazi's as a German citizen during WW2, doubt no more.
>>
File: som-174-memnite.jpg (228 KB, 672x936)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
Ayo is this card seriously so expensive because of Lurrus alone?
>>
File: m13-158-worldfire.jpg (219 KB, 672x936)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
Attention attention this is not a drill
Someone just bought the entire stock of Worldfire on Cardmarket
>>
>>81306496
Kind of funny how the same crowd calling Trump and his supporters Nazis are now demanding people to show papers to do go places, and the powers that be now want to require papers for even interstate travel as well.
>>
>>81306564
Well fuck.
>>
File: 1601757412402.png (428 KB, 609x542)
428 KB
428 KB PNG
>>81306564
kek
>>
File: adirave.gif (277 KB, 240x287)
277 KB
277 KB GIF
>>81306564
that was me
>>
File: hitspipe.jpg (5 KB, 225x225)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>81306694
prove it
>>
>>81306554
>because of Lurrus alone?
it's because of Hammertime anon, Memnite is a staple of the deck.
also Affinity but it has considerably less numbers than Hammertime.
>>
>>81306887
Would it be expensive on Hammertime without the Lurrus synergy?
>>
>>81306985
It's a good weenie drop in hammer to help activate puresteel's metalcraft or to be a threat to ragavan.
>>
>>81306985
yes, the main way Hammertime wins the game is by putting the Hammer on a creature on turn 2 and just dealing 20 damage (or 10 infect)

Lurrus is a freeroll that lets you play the long game if your opponent happens to have a lot of early interaction or your early draws suck. The deck is completely functional without Lurrus.
>>
>>81307290
Are you telling me Modern kills on turn 2 instead of turn 3 now?
>>
>>81307404
I'm telling you that one of the specific strengths of Hammertime is being able to hit people for 10 combat damage on turn 2 or 20 combat damage/10 infect on turn 3.
If you want slower games than that you can pick any of the many monkey delirium decks running around, they like longer games where they can extract value from their busted cards.
>>
So when is Lurrus, Bauble, and Ragavan getting the ban?
>>
>>81307477
Never, and dont complain again.
>>
>>81305678
chud? what's a chud?
it sounds like a chocolate dessert
>>
>>81302979
because, after MH2, its a really strong deck
>>81302311
>i have to spend money to play wallet.dek
you get what you deserve
>>
Sell your cards now, before it's to late
Please, this is not natural nor is it normal, wizards and the secondary market has infected your mind :(
>>
>>81307765
I sold my cards years ago
I only play with proxies now.
>>
>>81307799
Based, that's the spirit
>>
File: 1623685301733.png (1.25 MB, 1320x1248)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
>they've managed to make Modern so bad that people are seriously considering fleeing to Pioneer

What a time to be alive
>>
>>81307823
>considering
lol i moved to pioneer the moment monke was spoiled
>>
>>81307823
Where do you guys take these "information" from? Because its far from reality, as far as I know.
>>
Imagine seeing them permanently and irreversibly ruin the game at sanic speed across multiple formats, and your response is to flee from Modern to Modern Jr. so you can keep giving WotC money.
Being a Magic player is the only thing more cucked than having a daughter.
>>
>>81307823
>>81307860
>>81307877
>>81307882
Modern was shit from the beginning, it amazes me how it took not one but two Modern Horizons for people to realize that
>>
>>81307905
>it was always shit, after they printed 2 format-warping sets that made it shit in 2 years
>>
>>81307972
No, it was already shit before MH, that's what I'm saying.
>>
>>81307983
No it wasn't you gigantic gaslighting faggot
>>
>>81308011
Yes it was, nigger. It was literally created from shitting up Extended.
>>
>>81308028
And yet people were enjoying Modern for years, until the MH sets. It's almost like.... you are full of shit
>>
>>81308034
>And yet people
Memedernettes aren't people.
>>
>>81308050
OK animutranny
>>
I've always seen Modern as the format for brainlets who wanted simpler archetypes and poorfags who couldn't afford duals.
>>
>>81308082
That's what it was, they're complaining now because it's rotating and getting more expensive
>>
File: 1609353047189.png (234 KB, 448x448)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
>>81308082
>spending hundreds/thousands of dollars on cardboard
>>
>mfw I found the skeletons of the birthingpod and splinter twin decks I was making for modern and almost had finished before the ban hit.
Well this is nostalgic and a bit depressing. Oh well, still some great resources to build other things with.
>>
>>81308082
No, that's Legacy compared to Vintage. Modern is just a better format where skill matters more than matchup.
>>
>>81308082
t. legacuck spending $5000 to play burn vs blue as his format gets rotated by commander precons
>>
File: 1557863822694.webm (1.91 MB, 1920x816)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB WEBM
>>81308191
>Modern is just a better format where skill matters more than matchup.
>>
>every single day at the same time every day there is a massive amount of shitposting all coming from a faggot who puts a dumb pointless image with his posts that always say the same dumb shit about le "memedern" or being a new player or anime feet or COVID
>every day /mmg/ falls for it
>>
>>81308325
it's /mtg/ now boomer
>>
>>81307860
I liked Modern because I could still run my older decks, but an LGS started hosting Pioneer so I'm making a Pioneer legal deck now.
>>
Stop replying to the shitalian whineposter retards
>>
File: cns-171-nature-s-claim.jpg (339 KB, 672x936)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
Should I unironically and literally mainboard pic related if I play Green in Modern?
How often would it turn out useless?
>>
>>81308399
Might as well play Force of Vigor
>>
>>81308418
Different budget tho
>>
>>81308191
>modern
>skill matters
>dude fires off turn 2 combo and kills me
Skill, sure thing bud.
>>
File: brainlet supreme.jpg (49 KB, 922x788)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>81308399
>still playing Memedern
>>
>>81308432
Haha FoV is $20? Man I got my copies at $4.
You should only maindeck Claim if you are up against a lot of artifact/enchantment decks normally and if you also have some artifacts and enchantments you can blow up to emergency gain 4 life for the burn matchup.
>>
>>81308459
I play ban-resistant decks I'm just waiting for it to be balanced again
>>
>>81308465
I'll just board a one-off of FoV I guess
>>
>>81308432
Sure, but if the life gain proves to be a problem you'll have to find a way to counter it.
Like skull crack.

But Force of Vigor would be better.
>>
>>81308467
>t. jundlet
>>
>>81308465
There are only 365 FoVs for sale on cardmarket, it's not going to get better
>>
Was there ever a good, skill-intensive deck to play that was meta in Modern? As far as I can remember the format was dominated by low IQ, boring aggro decks like RDW, Affinity, Jund, Blade variants, etc.
>>
>>81308565
no one cares, animu loser
>>
>>81308613
But I don't watch animu?
>>
>>81308640
Ignore him, it's the no-life shitalian whineposter still obsessed with someone that used to post here
>>
>>81308738

>>81308738

>>81308738
>>
>>81308565
>good, skill-intensive deck
>Modern
Pick one.
>>
>>81308742
Delete that shit.
>>
>>81308742
retard

btw glad spike lost the trophy race he is a smug arrogant prick who lost to a dumb br because he was too stubborn to play non-feelsmart durdle decks
duhhhhh how do i win the most trophies possible in 1 week? better play 5 color ferrous omnath bullshit instead of just playing burn
>>
>>81308565
why ask this?
youre never going to agree with answers
let me guess, you think grixis death's shadow isn't skill intensive
>>
Which format is the most popular in your area?
For me, it’s a mix of commander and modern
>>
>>81309004
From what I've seen pre-covid it was EDH and draft where I live.
>>
>>81309004
At my old LGS, commander and Pauper.
At the new place it's commander the Pioneer.
>>
File: mh1-164-force-of-vigor.jpg (164 KB, 672x936)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
This is everything wrong with nu-mtg art
>confusing and not immediately identifiable
>blurry realism that looks like shit
How did this get the Green light?
>>
>>81307823
>Fleeing
I was there day 1 and only took a break when Uro/Omnath was the norm (during the lockdowns at that, so really it was a blessing in disguise).
>>
>>81307882
Imagine being wrong about Pioneer after taking out a loan for fetchlands, and thinking your own sunk cost fallacy extends to other formats.

The second they release Pioneer Horizons is when I'm jumping ship, but as long as they have Modern Midwits to siphon money out of, Pioneer will hopfully be safe long enough for the cultural zeitgeist to shift into something different (and hopefully better).
>>
>>81306564
>it's true
wtf is going on in this retarded clownworld?
>>
>>81307823
No fucking shit sherlock, it was the plan all along.
Pioneer (and I play pioneer) has no purpose beside recycling all those bulk rares that saw no play in modern but now have a dedicated format so the price skyrocketed.
They are right when they call us goyim.
>>
>>81306747
No

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.