[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Goloma01.png (227 KB, 417x606)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
>>>IF YOU ARE ASKING A QUESTION, PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH GAME YOU'RE PLAYING<<<

Goloma Edition

/pfg/ (pathfinder 1e) link repository: https://pastebin.com/RSt0rF0T
/p2g/ (pathfinder 2e) link repository: https://pastebin.com/1zySxwm3
/sfg/ (starfinder) link repository: https://pastebin.com/5yp9s2U3
/3eg/ (D&D 3.X) link repository: https://pastebin.com/VMRsxB2m

Previous thread: >>81200578

How many rare ancestries are allowed in your games?
>>
>>81279571
>How many rare ancestries are allowed in your games?
None, all my players are forced to be Human Fighters, of the Caucasian variety.
>>
>>81279571
As a DM I allow everything. But the player will have to explain why not a human and what the ancestrie brings to the table.
It is actually fun. An example (this is before pf2), elves in my games are all natural racists against everything non-elf. Almost every basic ancestries has something like that to make the game more fun.
>>
>be 3 players
>module is the perfect amount of challenging
>GM invites a new player
>suddenly cakewalk
>GM not experienced enough to amp the difficulty without fucking everything up
>game so easy nobody wants to play anymore and the game slowly stops
It's the 3rd time this happened, I keep telling them a party of 3 is ideal and they keep inviting more people
>>
>>81279958

I guess this depends on table but I would say for most a party of 4 would be better for this because you very rarely get everyone showing up so you would more often be playing as 3.
>>
>>81280525
I agree that 4 is better than 3 in general but not for the reason given. I never had issues with people showing up for every game as long as I made it clear at the start that the game is happening in specific intervals.
On the other hand, I feel like 4 is the perfect sweet spot between 3 and 5+ because it's not that noticeable if one person out of four hangs back because their character can't engage much with what's currently going on or because they need to take a mental break irl.
5+ on the other hand makes it too noticeable that there can only be one person talking, and effectively interacting with the world, at a time.

anyways >>81279958 knows best what group size is good for his own group
>>
How strong must two gods/goddesses be for their combined might to rival Pharasma's?
>>
>>81279571
TQ: Sprites.
>>
>>81281259
Too many variables to answer that beyond the simplified: half as strong each.
>>
File: 07a.jpg (61 KB, 600x1048)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>playing Vaults of Madness
>Udine Cleric
>get a mutation last night
>I have a tail now
>people have not stopped with the Vaporeon memes ever since
>>
>>81281818
>vaporeon_is_the_most_compatible_pokemon_for_humans.jpeg
>>
>>81279571
Whatever you want man, as long as you can think of a way for your character to be here for adventure.
>>
>>81279571
>How many rare ancestries are allowed in your games?
None
humans only
fighters only
final destination
>>
Based
>>
File: 1347397297249.png (788 KB, 796x829)
788 KB
788 KB PNG
>>81283257
This is how we create an army of Centaur waifus.
>>
>>81283595
Centaurs already exist anon!
>>
File: 1434271993118.jpg (156 KB, 900x1200)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>81279666
Okay, in my upcoming game of 2e, I'm playing an Elf, Undead Sorcerer with a Haunted background. He nearly drowned as a kid, and his death attracted the attention of a spirit that now follows him everywhere. He started his career as an adventurer when the places he stayed became fed up with the constant harassment of the ghost haunting him. I'm taking Thoughtful Gift and Magic Weapon at first level. I plan to keep a collection of potions on hand. Would you let me sit at your table, anon?
>>
>>81283737
Not that anon, but that sounds less freakshit than some of the stuff I usually get to deal with.
I'd let you sit at my table.
>>
>>81283257
the annoying thing is
>Summon Monster II
>at CL 3
That's duration of 1 round per level so grand total of 18 seconds, which really isn't all that useful for... anything. It should either use wearer's level as effective caster level or have fixed (longer) duration.
>>
>>81283794
>so grand total of 18 seconds, which really isn't all that useful for... anything
If you prep beforehand, you can summon the monster, j-j-j-jam it in! and then cum, all before it disappears.
>>
File: 1444348663060.png (65 KB, 171x223)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>81283257
W-wait a minute, Lamashtu is an evil one, is the wearer going to be okay?

On one hand you get to make babies with centaur girls.
On the other hand the deity is kinda iffy
>>
>>81283893
It's CE deity but devotee can be CN, still kinda scummy but not a total psycho.
>>
>>81283767
Thanks, anon. This is going to be my first go at 2e, and I decided to build a support orientated sorcerer. I'll probably multiclass into alchemist later to get access to making potions to use with Thoughtful Gift to deliver to other PCs. I'm taking the familiar feat to extend the range of my touch spells such as the aforementioned Magic Weapon. It's his old hound he used to hunt with. No clue how well it will work.
>>
When you use spellstrike to deliver a strike+spell attack it counts as two attacks.
However, does it still counts as two attacks if you use the expansive spellstrike feat to deliver an AoE spell like burning hands?
>>
>>81279571
Anyone got Feast of Ravenmoor?
>>
>>81284123
https://libgen.is/book/index.php?md5=0ABB949F3459BD56892DFEF34B03C9F0
>>
>2e still doesn’t have Inquisitor, Psychic, Kineticist, Bloodrager, or Occultist
>no playable aliens or Numerian tech

UNPLAYABLE
>>
>>81284158
>https://youtube.com/shorts/mONhmyCVSZQ?feature=share
>>
Speaking of modules, what’re the best 1e modules? I’m about to be deployed and some of my Soldiers would be down to play. Those long stretches of downtime will be irregular though so not conducive to a full campaign
>>
I just discovered that the summoner gets 5 spells. Not 4 as i previously thought.
Also, what is /pgg/'s opinion on Envenom Companion?

>You envenom your companion or eidolon's attacks, which drip with highly toxic venom for the spell's duration. The first time each round the target hits a creature with an unarmed Strike that deals piercing or slashing damage, that Strike deals an additional 1d8 poison damage. A creature that is damaged by this poison must attempt a Fortitude save. On a failure, it's also clumsy 1 for 1 round.

>Heightened (+3) The poison damage increases by 1d8 and the clumsy value imposed on a failed save increases by 1.
>>
>>81284256
>2e still doesn’t have Inquisitor, Psychic or Occultist.

It's heavily believed of these three options alongside the Shaman. Two will be the next playtest classes.

>Bloodrager
Not a unique enough concept

>Numerian tech
Just wait
>>
Holy fuck these faggots at reddit.

Players point out having racism as a thing in the setting adds drama and realism to the setting. They immediately get downvoted. Holy fuck I hate what the left is doing to the hobby.
>>
>>81284562
>+1d8 damage for 1 minute
Not bad for a level 3 spell that stacks with striking enchantments
Having your companion doing 3 dice of damage at level 5 suddenly makes it the biggest damage on the party for that 1 minute.
>>
So, what's the dumbest shit you can do with the
Ancestry Paragon alternate rule?

>>81284867
I'll never get how people don't get that acknowledging the existence of something is not the same as endorsing it.
Then again, it might just be that the people who do that are doing so in bad faith because they want/need to have something to crusade for, I don't know.
Thankfully, I don't get much of that shit over here in hueland, yet.
>>
>>81283794
You summon the hyena to fight not fuck it. Either that it's Lamashtu realm petioner's job to constantly edge but not realease fiendish hyenas for this sole purpose.
>>
>>81284867
To bad Paizo is a bunch of pussies now. Go back and read the original descriptions for stuff like orcs and ogres. These people simultaneously want an escapist fantasy where racism doesn’t exist in humans (which the PF system accomplishes), but also projects human morality on any monstrous race with two arms and two legs
>>
>>81284256
I don't think actual Psychic classes can exist in 2e given how spell casting is handled, which is why they put in "Bard is occult" nonsense to say it wasn't retconned out of existence.
>>
>>81284925
AND it debuffs their AC for the rest of the party. however. 1d8 isnt very much. Youd be lucky to get 5d8 extra damage out of the whole combat. i might actually prefer just to lightning bolt things for that spellslot.
>>
>>81285017
>Youd be lucky to get 5d8 extra damage out of the whole combat
Oh yeah, I didn't notice that it's only the first attack every round.
That makes it considerably worse.
This would be a good focus spell, but not a spell that uses one of your few spell slots.
>>
>>81284867

my dude you are playing a game that apologized for making the cop AP and has an increasing number of prominent queer women characters in positions of power, paizo literally has blog posts celebrating every possible diversity day by rattling off how diverse their staff are

wrath of the righteous had a trans lesbian in the party like 8 years ago where have you been
>>
>>81284867
It CAN add drama and intrigue to a game if handled well, but it can be extremely annoying and unfun if bungled. 99.9% of people will fucking bungle a story about racism horriblyin a game about killing monsters and taking their stuff.
>>81284946
>>>81284867
To bad Paizo is a bunch of pussies now. Go back and read the original descriptions for stuff like orcs and ogres
Orcs and Ogres by and large are still murdohobo bait. Orcs in Pathfidner were allowed to have some nuance and even a few Good characters off DEEP in the background where no one would see them lest people scream Warcraft and some instances where they interacted with "good guy" races peacefully. Ogres have always been evil rapey hillbilly murderbait and I don't think I've seen anyone complain about them on the basis of racism.
>These people simultaneously want an escapist fantasy where racism doesn’t exist in humans (which the PF system accomplishes),
That's objectively incorrect though. It's not fucking Jim Crow era. But human vs human ethnic conflict has been a thing in Paizo writing for ages. Hellknights launch literal pograms against Shoanti in Varisia for example. Varisians lived in basically ghettos in Korovosa. iirc the Scarnetti family in Sandpoint is also like explicitly pretty racist.
>human morality on any monstrous race with two arms and two legs
Because they're still an intelligent humanoid race with no inherently supernatural origin. Orcs as presented in Pathfidner ARE basically humans but green(fuck there's virtually no real difference between Orc society and Ulfen society beyond being a little more misogynistic and demoney.). Ogres are sufficiently monstrous in both appearance and origin no one cares.
>>
File: 24531949260_4beb2656e4_k.jpg (633 KB, 2048x1051)
633 KB
633 KB JPG
>>81284867
Reddit is not capable of any intellectual or aesthetic pursuit. They are so consumed by ideological fanaticism that all art must conform to their political commissars or it is heresy and must be purged from public consciousness.

The fact is, hatred and prejudice is and has been a powerful emotive force for literary characters for thousands of years. It is a fundamental and inescapable part of human existence. Reddit's inability to explore all aspects of the human mind is what damns them to eternally producing dogshit art.
>>
>>81284984

SoM casts occult magic as the stuff of emotions, stories, and connections; that all seems pretty Bard to me.

I still fucking hate Bards, though.
>>
>>81285122
> hatred and prejudice is and has been a powerful emotive force for literary characters for thousands of years
This is true. That's not the issue. Their issue is less, "this book depicts racism" it's "this book depicts racism as correct". While I doubt that's INTENTIONAL or done with any particular malice towards a real world group I on some level understand and can appreciate how people see it that way. Golarion Drow working off what is essentially Mormonisms' explanation for black people, isn't a good look.
>>
File: vera-velichko-4.jpg (467 KB, 1920x2007)
467 KB
467 KB JPG
>>81285072
>Oh yeah, I didn't notice that it's only the first attack every round.
>That makes it considerably worse.
>This would be a good focus spell, but not a spell that uses one of your few spell slots.
but the clusmy debuff is pretty good. i will give you ~15% more damage and also for other strikers in the party too. but, you could just debuff them with pillar of water instead.

so idk. its cool. but also kinda shit. summoner spells are hard to pick. what are other people picking for their summoner spell list?
>>
>>81285278
>"this book depicts racism as correct"
Racism against orcs, goblins, orgres, trolls, etc is, in fact, correct.
And that's okay because orcs don't represent any real world cultures or races.
>isn't a good look.
Why not? Drow aren't black people. They're an alien race that lives on an underground hellscape.
>>
>>81284588
>Just wait

what do you know
>>
>>81285278
Woke people see representations of racism and assume that the mere acknowledgement of its existence is affirmation by the writers that it is correct, even if other characters and circumstances clearly define the opposite.
>>
>>81285332
I just picked fireball because boom boom explosions are cool
>>
>>81285278

I’m just so fucking tired of white knights and white wizards in European castles, man. We’ve had that shit for a century now. More “””diverse””” cultural inspirations and writers finally give us some new fucking toys.

The Mwangi book was good! Sargava was boring as shit and the “hurr spooky tribals and deadly jungle” was the most lazy rote garbage in existence. I have the entire rest of previous d20 fantasy if I want the classics - please give me more Korean-Basque-Iroquois-Bedouin fantasy, please.
>>
2e

What do Barbarians bring to the table that you can’t achieve with a Fighter? Same goes for all the other martial characters too actually, but at least they have *some* out of combat utility. Barbarians are just “I hit things” but the Fighter is also just I hit things but seemingly better in every way?
>>
>>81285341
>Racism against orcs, goblins, orgres, trolls, etc is, in fact, correct.
Depending on the setting yada yada. But that is entirely the point.
>And that's okay because orcs don't represent any real world cultures or races.
I mean depending on the work that is also wrong. But they don't particuarly need to represent one specific people from one specific time for that to be kinda fucked up. Especially when they're often meant to represent a generic "other" put are still people with a cultura, history, aspirations. Just people it's morally write to kill and butcher with no questions.

Like imagine if someone wrote a book in which they come up with a convoluted scenario where raping people in the was correct in all cases and raping people made you a Good person. Sure it's fantasy, but it's a suspect.

Or more relevantly. People critcise stuff like the X-men from the opposite end because it tries to tell a "prejudice is wrong" story by using mutants in place of marginalized groups even though within the narrative there is a clear and obvious fucking reason to be fucking terrified of mutants.
>>
>>81285508
>But they don't particuarly need to represent one specific people from one specific time for that to be kinda fucked up
How the fuck is in-setting racism against fictional races ever "fucked up"? They're not real.
>Just people it's morally write to kill and butcher with no questions.
butchering fictional people in a fictional game does not need questions.
>Sure it's fantasy, but it's a suspect.
No it's not suspect. It's just a normal sex fantasy.
>People critcise stuff like the X-men from the opposite end because it tries to tell a "prejudice is wrong" story by using mutants in place of marginalized groups even though within the narrative there is a clear and obvious fucking reason to be fucking terrified of mutants.
Yeah it's a problem because they're trying to insert real world politics into a capshit setting. As always, trying to insert politics into dumb entertainment is retarded.
>>
>>81285508
People also sometimes dislike fictional settings with explicitly included racism because the goal of a TTRPG is to have fun, not grapple with issues that some of them deal with in their daily lives. See also when they want to play in a fantasy setting where their real life disabilities are not held against them, a la "combat wheelchair."
>>
>>81285480
Roleplay primarily. Can't just scrap it because they have been a core for so long, and there is still large fanbase for Conan the Barbarian stuff.
>>
File: 1483711805552.jpg (218 KB, 1024x545)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>81285278
good and evil in golarion, and other RPGs, are fundamental forces of the universe more akin to gravity and electromagnetics than anything we have in real life. hatred against evil is correct in universe.

just like how hatred against chaos is correct in 40k. no matter how much you have to sacrifice to stop chaos, submitting to chaos will always be worse.

but your interpretation is wrong anyway. you can have stories that depict racism with the explicit goal of condemning it. To Kill A Mockingbird, and The Heart Of Darkness are good and famous examples.

>>81285508
>Especially when they're often meant to represent a generic "other"
stop writing like a postmodernist. postmodernism is shit. yes they are other, because they are utterly alien to the good races and are inherently evil.
>but are still people with a cultura, history, aspirations.
the drow and orcs aspire to murder and enslave everything. they are not capable of coexistence with anything.
>>
>>81285587
You're right, the kind of people that want combat wheelchairs are indeed the same kind of people that get mad at fictional racism in a fictional setting.
They're retarded people unable to separate fantasy from reality, and who tend to self-insert on every game they play.
>>
>>81285587
Why do people get their heads so far up their own rear ends that they can't enjoy a fictional setting unless it bends itself to their whim and will? Just because the big bad scary fake racism exists in the setting doesn't mean that you have to "grapple" with it at all, there's a whole world of other nonsense to "grapple" with, both magical and mundane, that can satisfy your needs without having to change or neuter itself to appease your ego.
>>
File: 0046_03.gif (34 KB, 474x244)
34 KB
34 KB GIF
>>81285609
A lot of people, especially people newer to the hobby, roleplay as themselves, get extremely attached to their characters, and struggle to separate table play from reality. I know we're all grognards who are in it solely for the charop, but is it that surprising that newbies will feel personally offended when their in-game character, who looks and acts just like them but wears full plate armor, is called a racial slur?

>>81285618
Look mate, I ain't grappling with anything in the homebrew I run, but this is on a Mongolian basket weaving website that throws a bitchfit the moment a nonwhite, nonbinary character appears. If the lefts can just ignore the racism and go adventure somewhere else, shouldn't the rights just imagine the racism and adventure in that place?
>>
>>81285576
>How the fuck is in-setting racism against fictional races ever "fucked up"? They're not real.
If I need to explain how allegory works to you, your stupid.
>but they didn't intend for it
Doesn't matter. What a culture creates on some level is a reflection of what it believes.
>>81285608
>good and evil in golarion, and other RPGs, are fundamental forces of the universe more akin to gravity and electromagnetics than anything we have in real life. hatred against evil is correct in universe.
This is kinda wrong because even Golarion and &D flip flops on this and Good as a cosmic force won't necessarily equate to Good as morality. And by Paizo's own explicit writing if you're not an extra-planar outsider you still have free will and not inherently anything. But again the specific lore is irrelevant because someone sat down and wrote something to be that way.
>>81285608
> yes they are other, because they are utterly alien to the good races and are inherently evil.
That's literally wrong as I pointed out above. Pathfidner had Good orcs long before people rightly noticed fantasy often has racist(even if it's not malicious or even intentional undertones).
>>
>>81285618
>Why do people get their heads so far up their own rear ends that they can't enjoy a fictional setting unless it bends itself to their whim and will?
Decades of small hat pushed whitey bad propaganda.
>>
>>81285735
>. Pathfinder had Good orcs
This doesn't giant slayer have several good orcs?
>>
>>81285618
90% of people think entirely with their emotions.
>>
>>81285728
Even school children on the playground know how to roleplay a character that doesn't represent themselves, anyone mature enough to understand how to play a TTRPG should be mature enough to know how to do the same thing without letting their emotions get bruised by fictional racism.
>>
>>81285480
Also I know it sounds weird but having played both Fighter and Barb, its pretty clear cut in that Barb feels more fun to play. Maybe big numbers make me feel good but there's a lot of flavor in the Barb Instincts and there are even barb feats that help with exploration and shit.
>>
>>81285728
>roleplay as themselves
Yes, this is common, I agree
>and struggle to separate table play from reality
No, that's only a problem with mentally unhealthy people. Most people have a problem with taking anything in the game seriously, the opposite kind of problem.

>it that surprising that newbies will feel personally offended when their in-game character, who looks and acts just like them but wears full plate armor, is called a racial slur?
Yes, because it will be a fictional racial slur. There's zero reason to be offended.
But a few years ago literally no one got offended by being called a "knife ear" in dragon age when they played an elf. Only nowadays we have this kind of non-issue being peddled around on twitter.
>>
>>81279571
How does everybody feel about Paizo's mob links?
>>
>>81285735
>allegory
The drow, the orc, the ogres are not an allegory for anything.
>What a culture creates on some level is a reflection of what it believes.
That's the most retarded take of all time.
Just because something has been added to a fictional setting doesn't mean that is what the creator believes, nor does it mean it is in favor of that thing.
I don't believe in monarchies being a good system but I have good kingdoms in my games, simply because they're easier to have in a game (just one bigwig NPC or PC to control it all).

You people thinking that "oh if it exists in the setting it means it is in favor for it in real life" are literally killing fiction.
Do you idiots think that terry prattchet was in favor of dictatorships because he had Vetinari be a "good" dictator? No? Then why do you think that having an always-evil (not that orcs are always evil, just making a point) race means the setting supports racism in real life?
>>
>Ree they're mad about racism in a fictional setting don't they know lore, lore, lore! I can't believe they can't tell fantasy from reality
I don't know why I'm going to argue this on 4chan where half of people think racism is right irl ANYWAY, but that;s not the issue.And I'm pretty sure people know that they're just blustering to avoid the core of the issue.

Depicting racism is fine people take issue when racism is depicted as correct
>but they're monsters, inherently evil, yada yada. In universe justification that makes racism correct in the setting.
Okay yeah. Someone sat down and MADE it that way and on some level that says something it might not even be something significant but when it's a recurrent pattern ina whole genre it becomes more suspect. Which is why we have to ask ourselves why and what does it add to the experience? What is gained from it. Cause like, stories about hatred and prejudice have resonated with people for centuries. But even then a lot of those tales are about how those things are fucked up and bad. Like, would people really give a shit about to kill a mockingbird if Tom actually did it?

>>81285905
>That's the most retarded take of all time.
Ah yes. People just write and create art for no reason and nothing depicted or stated in any has any meaning whatsoever. All those war movies about crazy veterans going ape shit in a jungle in 1980s was just some random trend of people wanted to tell funky war stories in a jungle. I clearly am retarded and the entire field of anthropology and history is a fucking joke. I see the light.

>ou people thinking that "oh if it exists in the setting it means it is in favor for it in real life" are literally killing fiction.
That's not what I'm saying at all. And I've said that explicitly but you retards aren't interested in a discussion. You're interested in screeching at the other side like an ape.
>>
Does anyone have Heroes of the Fringe, from 1e"
>>
>>81286029
>nothing depicted or stated in any has any meaning whatsoever.
In a fucking game of pretend about slaying dragons and getting loot? yes, none of it has any meaning whatsoever.
The take
>everything has a meaning
is the retarded take
some things have meaning. some things do not. Whatever fucking alignment we assign to the fictional adversaries in a game about knights and mages has zero fucking meaning.
> the entire field of anthropology and history is a fucking joke
I sure fucking hope they aren't studying dungeons and dragons after spending thousands of dollars getting their anthropology diplomas.
>>
>>81286106
A reminder it's the left that decided that orcs represent joggers not the right and the blacks that played the game before this SJW insanity.
>>
>>81285905
>Then why do you think that having an always-evil (not that orcs are always evil, just making a point) race means the setting supports racism in real life?
It doesn't in all likelihood. That's not what people are saying. It's less one fantasy work having always evil X=authors think racism is good or whatever. It's that over the course of nearly 40+ years there's a constant pattern and theme of fantasy RPGs where racism is fucking dandy and right and awesome might rub some peopel wrong or make some people think something is off.

To use your Pratchett example. Having a good dictator probably doesn't mean you love dictatorships. But if a bunch of people in a given time and genre start writing about all these cool awesome dictatorships that are super prosperous and efficient, you can at least see why that might start raising eyebrows.
>>81286106
>In a fucking game of pretend about slaying dragons and getting loot? yes, none of it has any meaning whatsoever.
If it had no meaning whatsoever to anyone people would still be playing totally contextualizes games of chain mail. No one would bother writing hundreds upon hundreds of pages of lore that have nothing to do with rules whatsover. Players wouldn't bother being invested in a character beyond their class features. This doesn't mean all RPG shit is a social crusade or whatever, but denying it has meaning is both sad and absolutely fucking delusional. People don't spend the kind of time and effort this hobby requires to both make things for and participate in if it was totally meaningless to them. You would not be spending a week day night of your limited life arguing with some lefty faggot about fantasy racism as it applies to fantasy green musclemen in a general devoted to a spinoff of decades old game on a board dedicated to similar games if it held absolutely no meaning to you. You wouldn't even reply.
>>
>>81286174
I just realize that despite all their whining, these people can only think in black and white terms
>Everything has meaning!
>proceeds to compare war movies about PTSD with fucking dungeons and dragons
>If you think orcs don't really mean anything you think nothing means anything! You're laughing at anthropology!
It's like they can't comprehend there's a middle ground.
>>
>>81286174
>it's the left
People have been making Orcs are black people jokes for well over a decade but then get collective amnesia when people take note.
>>
Orcs always being brainless evil idiots is boring as fuck. More nuanced settings enable more possible stories, and I like when my players get to play as freakshit.

My big complaint with 2e is that it isn't weirder already, but there's a book going to Fantasy Mars coming up.
>>
>>81286215
The only jokes I can think of that even remotely compare orcs to black people is jokes about how orcs often have a poor vocabulary and would occasionally draw a comparison to hood slang, which while a persistent joke never really ran beyond a passing comment before being overshadowed by something else.
>>
>>81286215
the difference is that those jokes were ironic or half ironic. the left's assertion is completely serious.
regardless. ORCS COME FROM ANCIENT NORSE MYTHOLOGY. THEY ARENT NIGGERS. STOP FORCING NIGGERS INTO EVERYTHING. THE WORLD DOESNT REVOLVE AROUND NIGGERS. SHUT UP ABOUT NIGGERS. I AM TIRED OF YOU BITCHING ABOUT THEM.
>>
File: orc pol.png (1.1 MB, 2477x743)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>81286174
>>81286215
Not to mention Gygax himself on talking about why killing Orc babies is awesome and lawful good literally invoked a quote used to justify killing native American women and children. But yeah this total insanity coming our of left field and no one on the right has ever compared antagonistic fantasy races to irl ethnic groups. Even Tolkien who literally compared his orcs to goblins to the "least flattering mongrol types" wasn't doing that. And posts like this emerged totally out of left field prompted by nothing.
>>81286260
Its always ironic until it isn't.
>STOP FORCING NIGGERS INTO EVERYTHING.
And there it is. Good night everyone
>>
>>81286204
>there's a constant pattern and theme of fantasy RPGs where racism is fucking dandy and right and awesome
That's not what is depicted tho.
No one goes "I hate this fucking piggas" or whatever. They simply kill them because it's a fun game about slaying monsters.
>If it had no meaning whatsoever to anyone people would still be playing totally contextualizes games of chain mail
Just because something is elaborate, doesn't mean it has meaning.
> hundreds upon hundreds of pages of lore
Those don't have a meaning, that is correct. Again, something being complex and elaborate does not necessarily imply a deeper meaning.
>You would not be spending a week day night of your limited life arguing with some lefty faggot about fantasy racism as it applies to fantasy green musclemen in a general devoted to a spinoff of decades old game on a board dedicated to similar games if it held absolutely no meaning to you. You wouldn't even reply.
When you people make the game less fun due to your retardation, then of course I feel compelled to argue.

I'm pretty sure your concept of "meaning" is so broad it is completely worthless and has no actual "meaning".
>>
>>81286215
/tv/ was making jokes about orcs being REFUGEES not blacks.
And they were just jokes. The left took them seriously and made it real. Now orcs ARE blacks. Good job guys.
>>
>>81286271
>no! naughty language!
good gtfo you faggot
and stay out
>>
>>81286271
>Post saying that orcs are not niggers
>see, /pol/ totally said orcs are niggers
huh?
>Its always ironic until it isn't.
How about you people stop giving power to actual racists? Do you think /tv/ or /pol/ play D&D? Instead you listened to their jokes and MADE THEM REAL yourselves.
>>
>>81286286
I mean ignoring quite a few refuges come from places like Somalia, a lot of that shit predated the fucking refugee crisis. not to mention it's less Orcs=black people(you can be racist to people other than blacks) but Orcs being a stand in for the other
>>81286273
Yes, yes. Nothing in this hobby means anything to anyone. We get it.
>>81286296
Ah yes, and then the facade drops when the arguments run out.
>>81286309
Less the use of the term nigger but more the fact that the crux of this negative reaction is the people taking umbrage at this are racist/hold on to racist beliefs and get upset when people notice this stuff and point it out as negative.
>>81286318
>/tv/ or /pol/ play D&D?
Never really kept up with /tv/shit outside of bane posting but by sheer virtue of statistics and the things posted on this very board. Yes.
>>
>>81286273
>I'm pretty sure your concept of "meaning" is so broad it is completely worthless and has no actual "meaning".
>it doesn't mean anything because I said so
Meaning something isn't even a high bar, but your scared to even give your own hobby that benefit. Interesting.
>>
>>81286337
>the things posted on this very board
The assumption that people who post on this board play RPGs is a big one
>>
>>81286357
>scared
You're the one scared that your hobby is meaningless so you try to make comparisons to actual war movies about PTSD with fucking dungeons and dragons
Not everything has real meaning, and that is ok.
>>
>>81286318
frequent pol frequent /tg/ shit a big part of the reason I became so called "alt-right" is that the screwing mentally ill scum that used to be confined to Tumblr back in the 00s have done everything they can to subvert so-called NERDY hobbies that I have loves since I was 12 to push their fucking blatant propaganda.
>>
can you idiots stop fighting

good fucking lord
>>
>>81286381
Yes anon. You're god and things don't have meaning when you don't want them to as it would be terribly inconvenient to your argument to own the lefties.
>so you try to make comparisons to actual war movies about PTSD with fucking dungeons and dragon
What the fuck man? Why do they have to be PTSD. They're just movies about war, guns, and awesome explosions. It's just a movie. Fucking hypocrite.
>>
>>81286420
no
pathfinder is already fucked up enough without needing to go full "lets remove racial modifiers because negative ability scores are racist!"
>>
>>81286414
>subvert
People didn't subvert or push anything. If you're younger than fucking 50 its more likely you were just too retarded to notice/care about what was in your media beyond the immediate and/or just got more prejudiced over time.
>>
>>81286428
>literally trying the "either everything has meaning or nothing has" argument
wow
You people really can only think in black and white terms huh
>>
>>81286454
>People didn't subvert or push anything
Bruh
we can see people openly saying they're trying to push their various causes on their produces. Like we seem people trying to push "inclusivity" all the time for example.
>>
>>81286484
>Like we seem people trying to push "inclusivity" all the time for example.
Again, if you're younger than fucking 50 this was always the fucking case. Do you get mad there were portraits of black people in Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, games that are both probably older than you? Did you know the reason the iconic 3.5 fighter is drawn as constantly getting clowned on is because the author originally drew a black guy but WotC top brass rejected the design and told them to make the fighter white for marketing reasons?
>>
1e: I had an idea for a very common magic item, a one-time use amulet of Stabilize that activates automatically when a character goes down. Basically an easy life preserver for PCs and to help with the threat of crits at low levels. I know it's not needed as much for 1e cos of how bleeding out and shit works, but I still thought it would be cool to make.
How much should it cost though? I think it would technically be use-activated, but charged only once and 0th level, so at least 500gp. Should I just divide by 50 because it's only one charge? That just seems too cheap.
Or should I just set the price to something "reasonable", which I would say would be anywhere from 25-100GP?
>>
>the more you dwindle in magic, rituals, etc the more you'll be unaffected by madness
Strange Aeons is completely backwards to what Lovecraftian game should be. Casters are way more prepared to deal with shit and resist madness than people who don't use the occult at every second
>>
>>81286530
>Do you get mad there were portraits of black people in Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale
If you can't see the difference between having black people in your game and pushing inclusivity then you're a liar.
Besides, my point isn't that "pushing inclusivity is bad/good" my point is that people are openly trying to push their shit into the game. It's not a secret. They are doing it.
>but they always did it
Then why are you trying to deny that they're doing it now?
When the christians tried (and did succeed partially) to push their retarded takes on D&D it was okay to say "fuck off" to them back then, why is it not okay to say the same now that it's leftists doing it?
>>
2e

Bit confused by the implications of such skill feats as group coercion, does it existing mean RAW you can’t coerce more than one creature without it? If so when intimidating a group in role play how are you supposed to work it as a DM?
>>
>>81286569
Well, Aegis of Recovery is 1500gp and it has passive effect in addition of one-time-activation. Even that is too expensive for most of the players though, especially because it takes neck slot from the amulet of natural armor.
I'd say that don't set a price, but give it out as a gift from whatever friendly magician/society leader/dungeon chest there is. Otherwise it is just going to be sold as soon as AoNAs start appearing.
>>
>>81284331
Bump?

>Captcha PPJWS
>>
>>81286454
>When the christians tried (and did succeed partially) to push their retarded takes on D&D it was okay to say "fuck off" to them back then, why is it not okay to say the same now that it's leftists doing it?
32 when I 16 I predicted that left-wingers will take your children away if you didn't turn them to trannies, promote jogger thug culture and that whites will be well on the way to being minorities in the nations they are native to or have founded. And I was 100% right.
>>
Paizo is literally /the/ most SJW company in the business. Why are you here if that's not your demographic?

There are transgender writers on every book.
>>
>>81286837
Because I was in the hobby before that shit went insane.
>>
>>81286863

Sure, but why are you playing a game by people you hate? There's plenty of the OSR out there that's more in line with your dogshit views.
>>
>>81286837
I'm not paying them for it, that's for sure.
Furthermore, they're bad, but their fans want them to become EVEN WORSE

>>81286888
>dogshit
Thinking that orcs are not black people nor do they represent black people or are an allegory for black people is a dogshit view?
Thinking that it's okay to make an adventure about being medieval city guards without having to publicly apologize is a dogshit view?
Thinking that it's okay for races to have negative scores is a dogshit view?

Haven't you guys realized yet that there's more than 2 sides?
>>
>>81284867
Fuck you for stirring up this retard faggot culture war shit. Let people play their games how they want! It doesn't affect you! No it doesn't. You're not forced to play a wheelie warrior drag queen and you can't force them to have this saturday morning cartoon level what if the greenskins faced prejudice shit.
>>
>>81287036
>It doesn't affect you! No it doesn't.
It affects how the books are written.
For the sake of the example, lets say you liked the agents of edgewatch adventure path. You want more stuff like that.
Well, you're never going to get it, because city guard = cop and cop = bad.]

They'll never make a book about being town guards again, all because of twitter/reddit. Whatever the fuck they're screeching about does affect how the game is developed.
>>
2e: Seeing as how shadow signet is worthless on a trickster, how broken would it be if I allow a scaling circumstance bonus to spell attack rolls vs flatfoot creatures, equal to the number of d6 rolled on sneak attack to a max of +4.

My intention is to provide a math fix for that specific feature, without making it a broken thing other classes could grab via dedication so that a person who wants to do the whole sneak attack cantrip thing doesnt get cucked by paizo
>>
>>81283737
Sounds fine to me. More interesting than some of my current players and less cringe than some of the shit I've been proposed. Some dude literally wanted to be a tiefling king of a nation of devils that adored him. I'm like bro, we can do tiefling royalty, but I'm not letting you have a bunch of devil bros at level 1.
>>
>>81287090

Free market, baby. They write what they want to.

Also, what do you need a second fantasy cops campaign for?
>>
>>81287165
>>81287165
>Free market, baby. They write what they want to.
>What they want to
No, what they write is influenced by whomever screams on twitter the loudest.
They clearly wanted to write edgewatch but were forced to apologize for it and can't do anything similar again.
>Also, what do you need a second fantasy cops campaign for?
I was giving you an example. Whats with you people and being unable to see things from other perspectives beyond your own?
>>
>>81287090
Hey I was excited for a circus themed adventure and instead got some bullshit about druids and lizard people. I'm never, ever going to get an actual circus focussed adventure. Maybe one day far, far in the future they might do another one but I'm not waiting on it. The difference between our two examples is people can use the cop one to launch into screeds and pretend the hot button political issue from a year ago is the reason. The reality is of course if either of us want to continue our example themes we're gonna have to write it all ourselves.
>>
>>81287227
>come see the Politicly Correct "Freak"show with n entertainment value whatsoever!
I don't see whats your problem anon
it was relevant!
>>
>>81287227
>pretend
It clearly is the reason. We have seen them apologizing for it
What motive do you have for denying what they themselves say?
>>
>>81287280
Why would they do another city guard adventure? What motive do you have for pretending they would?
>>
>>81287293
See
>>81287226
>I was giving you an example. Whats with you people and being unable to see things from other perspectives beyond your own?
>>
>>81287380

What are all these other ideas those big mean SJWs took away from you, anon? Give any other example, by all means.
>>
Hey, hey, hey, look who had just awakened from the forgotten stasis pods deep within Starfall.

It's the Androffans named Mirei and Hinata, and they're packing Androffa's forbidden technology.

Join them in their journey to the north as they try to stop the scourge that threaten the shattered sanctuary that may hide others still in deep slumber yet to be awoken.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/6
>>
>>81287461
>took away from you,
>from you
You're clearly not interested in arguing in good faith.
But let me clarify one thing: I did not say a single word about sjw. My argument is that the devs clearly listen to twitter and to reddit, and thus what they say affects the future games of everyone who still is interested in pf2e books.

Ignoring them does not work.
>>
>>81287530
>"if Paizo listens to reddit then they won't be able to write about certain subjects!"
>like what, anon?
>"stop bullying me!"
>>
>>81287530

What about the people who like 2e's books?
>>
>>81287561
>Still ignoring the argument for the sake of his political soapbox
Horseshoe theory really is real.
>>81287572
They better hope paizo don't start fucking up the rules for the sake of whatever twitter is mad about next year.
>>
>>81287615
>They better hope paizo don't start fucking up the rules for the sake of whatever twitter is mad about next year.

This hasn't happened yet. Paizo being libs isn't the recent Alchemists and Witches blow ass, but it has gotten us a really killer Mwangi setting book full of unique character and plot options. The prosthetics coming in Grand Bazaar are simply just more items and options - an objectively good thing. I'm pretty content with 2e-era Paizo.
>>
>>81287636
I certainly prefer it to 5e wotc, yes.
At least with paizo they only mess with the fluff, so far.
>>
>>81284256
>>no playable aliens or Numerian tech

i'm fucking dying without this, it's unfair that Guns & Gears doesn't have any

PFS has some enemies with plasma guns and rail rifles, but you can't loot them
>>
>>81279571
I really expected Golomas to be like, short deku scrub looking guys, not man-sized horse beasts for some reason. They don't look very prey-like at all.

And I'll allow any rare ancestry and if I have to I'll justify a location for it, but tieflings and aasimar are usually banned unless someone comes up with something very convincing.
>>
>>81286655
Probably increased DC. The feat just makes people shit their pants so hard that having friends backing them up doesn't even help much if you manage to intimidate the bravest of them. Reminds me of that quote from Witcher where Geralt talks about paradox of being outnumbered (can't find it in English now so I'm not gonna post it).
>>
>>81287971

Horses are prey animals, anon.
>>
>>81287482
Can you stop? At least post that in a vidya thread cause it has no use in tabletop whatsoever.
>>
File: Goloma02.png (283 KB, 482x606)
283 KB
283 KB PNG
>>81287971
>read their description
>imagine the very same thing
>imagine them as these meek little wood people with strange glowing eyes
>see pic related

I get that they're putting on a persona to appear threatening, but holy fuck these things are like 7 feet tall, roided out horse bug monsters that can see in all directions and have razor sharp claws. What the fuck were they ever scared of? If I saw this thing roaming the streets at night I'd kill myself to save it the trouble of mangling me.
>>
>>81288275
I mean, technically, but they're huge and fairly dangerous, only like top predators fuck with them. When I think prey animal I think of the quintessential rabbit or small mammal.

>>81288319
Yeah like, I imagined them as like squat little guys whose head-mask and quills were like half their body, they'd have nervous eyes looking around everywhere, but they'd try to act threatening/intimidating with their masks. These things look like a token alien enemy from some shitty FPS game
>>
>>81279571
I don't have a limit on rare ancestries. Everyone can play one if they want. I just use a system where every player can have up to 1 rare option and 1 uncommon option or 3 uncommon options when making their character and that lasts up through the entire game unless they can give me a spectacularly good reason for why their character needs a certain thing. For example I do have a gnome player that has Feybound and Fey Influence which does go past my rare limit, but it fits his character and he has a good backstory.
>>
>>81288350
I should also add that because I run my own setting I have swapped what I consider rare or uncommon when it comes to ancestries and backgrounds. Spells, equipment, and other such things remain as they are.
>>
>>81287167
I remember.
>>
>>81287167
Out of sheer curiousity, what is 2e Bugbear lore?
>>
>>81288715

Unchanged: https://2e.aonprd.com/MonsterFamilies.aspx?ID=17
>>
>>81288726
So... If I'd want to play a fuzzy-faced forest guardian, I'm stuck playing Eberron?
>>
>>81285480

>What do Barbarians bring to the table that you can’t achieve with a Fighter? Same goes for all the other martial characters too actually, but at least they have *some* out of combat utility. Barbarians are just “I hit things” but the Fighter is also just I hit things but seemingly better in every way?

Fighter is unmatched for simply attacking stuff with a weapon. Barb and Monk are unmatched for attacking stuff with athletics maneuvers such as Grapple or Trip, as they get easily +2 over Fighters in those. It might not be as straight forward and braindead as Fighter hitting things, but it can still be quite useful and is infinitely more fun. It comes online quite lategame, so this is not recommended for all you murder hobo shit parties that disband before ever reaching level 6.

For example, my lvl 15 Snarecrafter monk can craft and put down a Scything Blade Snare ( https://2e.aonprd.com/Equipment.aspx?ID=341 ) for 1 action, grapple a foe for another and Whirling Throw with a third action said foe into the snare, doing solid 14d8 damage on a reflex fail plus some bonus damage with Grapple thanks to Crushing Grab and Whirling Throw.

Or if I want more control, I put down an Engulfing Snare ( https://2e.aonprd.com/Equipment.aspx?ID=702 ) or Stunning Snare (https://2e.aonprd.com/Equipment.aspx?ID=346) instead.
>>
despite wands and potions of certain spells and adamantine armor, which other items can grant you DR in 1e?
>>
File: minnowVaporeaonMeme.png (2.35 MB, 3600x2400)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB PNG
>>81281881
S I G H
>>
QUESTION!

Now that the Trove is dead, where could I find Inner Sea Faiths and all three volumes of Book of the Damned?
>>
>>81289049

the eye eu
>>
Rate my party
Half-Elf Scaled Fist Disciple Monk 1, Virtuous Bravo Paladin 2
Halfling Dragoon Fighter 1, Ironbound Samurai 2
Dwarf Wizard 1
Human Warpriest 3
>>
>>81289058
My thanks, kind anon!
>>
>>81284331
>>81286696
if they're new to the game, Crypt of the Everflame and Hollow's Last Hope
Hollow's spins into Crown of the Kobold King, Revenge of the Kobold King, and Hungry are the Dead if they want to continue that adventure
The Dragon's Demand is also a good one, basically being two standard modules in length and getting the players from level 1 to 7
>>
>>81289148
Lots of melee classes. Does anyone use reach or ranged weapon?
>>
>>81289241
Half-Elf uses scimitar, with a backup longbow if need be
Halfling is a mounted lancer
Dwarf is a crafter/enchanter with battlefield control spells
Warpriest uses a bastard sword and fire magic

So not really
>>
File: 1587347301181.png (379 KB, 499x447)
379 KB
379 KB PNG
>>81289148

>wizard is 2 levels behind the rest

Why?
>>
>>81289283
Mistake on my part, he's level 3
>>
>>81286569
look at the brooch of stability from the magic item compendium (3.5 material, 1000gp), sounds like a slightly better version of what you want and it saves you the headache

there's also blessed bandages that are THAT cheap (10gp) but they don't proc automatically
>>
>>81287530
the true issue is that we only stick to official content.
Paizo started by making 3.5 additional content, nothing stops us for making "/tg/ approved" extra content for 1st edition, especially as it's abandoned.

to beat the defilers, we just have to create more than they destroy/taint.
>>
1e, maybe 2e? Which one would be better, 1d12 weapon or a weapon that deals 1d8+1 damage? Both 2-handed and no other modifiers.
>>
>>81289586
d12 unless enemies have 1hp and dr 1
>>
>>81278361
01010100 01101000 01111000 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01100010 01110101 01110100 00100000 01101001 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01100011 01110100 01110101 01100001 01101100 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101100 01101111 01101111 01101011 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 00110010 01100101 00100000 01100101 01100100 01101001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100010 01101111 01101111 01101011 00101100 00100000 01110011 01101111 01101101 01100101 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01101110 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01101001 01110100 00111111
>>
I am looking at someone advertising a 13th-level, gestalt, 3pp-free-for-all game... set in the real-world modern day, humans only, no magic. It is supposed to be an action hero game.

"Use [D&D 5e/Pathfinder 1e] for everything" GMs are something special.
>>
>>81290193
lmao I'm glad my binaryposting caught on in these threads. Anyway, 01100001 01001000 01010010 00110000 01100011 01001000 01001101 00110110 01001100 01111001 00111001 01101000 01100010 01101101 00111001 01110101 01011010 01101101 01101100 01110011 01011010 01011000 01001101 01110101 01011001 00110010 00111001 01110100 01001100 00110001 01011001 00110100 01001101 01010111 01011001 01110111 01001101 01101011 01100111 01111010 01100100 01010100 01010001 01110110 01011001 00110010 01000110 00110000 01011010 00110010 01101100 01111001 01100010 01001000 01001110 01100110 01100011 01000111 01010010 01101101 00001010 01100010 01100001 01110011 01100101 00110110 00110100
>>
>>81290251
I don't even hate 5e, but it really should be illegal to use it for anything other than the heroic fantasy it was created for. A friend of mine unironically ran a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure game in 5e.
>>
https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Epilektoi
https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Epilektoi_Implacabilities

Someone had the audacity to create another d12 HD Path of War Gigachad, it seems.

>Anointed Form
>Benefit: The epilektoi adds their initiation modifier to their Constitution modifier when determining the total amount of hit points they gain when taking levels in the epilektoi class (add this bonus retroactively to previous levels). They may not add their initiation modifier to their hit points more than once (such as by having the Altered Life feat).

>Juggernaut (Su)
>Prerequisites: Resilient form, epilektoi level 10th
>Benefit: The epilektoi gains the benefits of a constant freedom of movement effect.

>Sight Beyond Sight (Su)
>Prerequisites: Epilektoi level 10th
>Benefit: The epilektoi gains the benefits of a constant true seeing effect.
>>
>>81290526

>Bonus Feat
>At 3rd level and every 4 levels thereafter, the epilektoi gains a bonus combat feat. They must meet the prerequisites for these feats as normal.

>Will of the Gods (Su)
>At 3rd level, an epilektoi adds their initiation modifier (if any) as a bonus on Fortitude and Reflex saves. This does not stack with similar abilities, such as a paladin’s divine grace.

This class is remarkably beefy.
>>
>>81290256
01110100 01101000 01100001 01101110 01101011 01110011 00100000 01100001 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110100 00100001
>>
>>81290650

>Patient Counterpoint (Ex)
>At 5th level, an epilektoi reaches a new level of inspiration, returning a measure of the pain inflicted by their foes. During their turn, they gain an insight bonus to damage rolls equal to their initiation modifier whenever their delayed damage pool has points in it.
>Starting at 10th level, for every 5 points in their pool beyond 5 (10, 15, 20, etc) they gain an additional +1 improvement to this bonus damage. Additionally, they add half of their bonus to damage as a bonus to their attack rolls. The maximum attack bonus this ability can provide is capped at half the epilektoi’s class level, rounded down.

The class is a juggernaut.
>>
>>81288998
I don't like how everything fun only comes up at level 10+
>>
>>81284984
Wouldn't they just make a Psychic magic class use thought and emotion components instead of verbal and somatic, which would both have the concentrate trait? Would it be too much to have a caster that wouldn't have to worry about the manipulate trait?
>>
>>81288319
I think it can be played/interpreted more amusingly if you take it for face value
>yes they are giant horse spider people with claws
>yes they are secretly afraid
But it begs for question, back in the days when they were evolving, what kind of apex predator made them so survivalistic and skittish?
>>
>>81291682
>what kind of apex predator made them so survivalistic and skittish
Probably gonlins. Or kobolds.
>>
What’s the most based race/class combination of 1e? What should I show up to this TotRL campaign with?
>>
>>81284331
>>81286696

My party and I (as the DM) really enjoyed Carrion Hill. It has a good balance of investigation, exploration, dungeon crawl and choice. It's for 5th level though, which is good, but maybe not if your party is playing for the first time.
>>
>>81291026

Whirling Throw, which has become my favorite feat in all of PF2, is lvl 6, Clinging Shadow Stance is lvl 8. Free snares start at lvl 2, though you will only be able to set about 1 to 2 pre-fight, none infight unless you have party members that can shove/push effectively to support those snares effectively.

At lvl 14+ this build becomes S-tier, but before that it still is a lot of fun to play and brings quite a bit to the party in form of tanking and battlefield control.
>>
>>81292955
I know my luck and I avoid shit that will punish me on crit failure and sadly all of the basic maneuvers in 2e will do that to you so even then fighter with combat grab and knockdown are more up my alley.
>>
(2e) Sorry for a retarded question, but can 1st level Goblin spend his 1st level free ability boost on Wisdom?
>>
>>81293388
yes
>>
>>81293129

Kip Up completely negates crit fail result of grapple, trip and shove.
>>
Why in the actual fuck Druids aren't trained in Survival?
>>
reading the 2e core to run an introductory game some 3 weeks from now.i don't think it's too great and i think i still prefer the old system, but i was looking into d&d5 anyways so i guess i might as well stick with since it's a new product, at least til i run the game.
>>81293388
yes, if i understood the text
>>
>>81284040
As-written, yes. The line about increasing MAP twice isn't dependent on anything, so it stands on its own, and ES tells you to keep everything in Spellstrike the same other than what it tells you to change.
>>
>>81284562
Poison fucking sucks as a damage type.
>>
>>81291026
That's okay anon; if you want something low-level for grappling, you can always take Combat Grab. It's level 2, doesn't require any investment in Athletics, and works on any size category.
>>
>>81294378
That kinda sucks.
>>
>>81294686
>Combat Grab
>fighter feat
this feat would make more sense on a monk
>>
>>81294744
On the topic of grappling feats, how imba do you think this is https://2e.aonprd.com/Feats.aspx?ID=2215
>>
>>81294831
>https://2e.aonprd.com/Feats.aspx?ID=2215
Being able to force a restrain is pretty damn strong. Encounter-ending strong.
>>
>>81294744
Nah, Flurry of Blows is incompatible with it. Might make sense to retrofit it as a 2-action attack granted by a feat with one of the stances as a prereq, but as it is a Press is solidly in fighter territory.
>>
>>81295069
>Press
I keep forgetting to look at the damn traits, I didn't even realize this was a press action.
>>
>>81288319
>What the fuck were they ever scared of?
mice
>>
Why is it that the male players at my table always respect when I say don’t flirt with the NPCs because it’s awkward for me as a DM but all the female players always fucking do dumb shit like trying to rape a bar maid and trying to impregnate different characters? Like one chick was rolling to flirt with a fucking old priest. It’s weird as fuck. They’re not even weirdos out of game, they’re just normal people.
>>
>>81294017
>he thinks hippies would survive in the wild
>>
>>81296643
>They’re not even weirdos out of game, they’re just normal people.
Maybe that's why.
They are using the game as some sort of outlet.
>>
>>81297248
I guess but why use me as an outlet for your fetish? Can't we be like a normal geeky weird? Can't they just satisfy their kinks with porn like a normal person?
>>
>>81297717
Just goes to show how comfortable they felt playing off of you anon.
Take it as a compliment and talk to them if it's weirding you out.
>>
>>81296643
>because it’s awkward for me as a DM
Maybe they think it's awkward because it's two men so they count themselves as an exception. Also, men are told not to be creepy, women not so much so you might have to drill it in. Usually these things are said to avoid women from being uncomfortable therefore they literally just forget about it because they themselves are not offended. Also, flirting I hear is fun for normal people.

>>81297717
Flirting is not a fetish unless you're leaving stuff out. Are they flirting to gain something, to fuck, or no reason at all?
>>
[1e] How often do enemies tend to have morale bonuses?
>>
File: vectis agents.jpg (46 KB, 620x453)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
2e
So the way i am reading the rules, althletics checks like grapple and trip do not suffer from multi attack penalty and also do not trigger it. Is this correct?
>>
>>81302345
Trip/Grapple/Etc do, because they have the Attack trait. Anything with the Attack trait is affected by MAP.
>>
2e

Fighters being the only class to get legendary weapon proficiencies is such a huge, huge mistake that they obviously struggled to balance around, and have apparently given up with by letting the gunslinger get legendary because otherwise fighter would be a better gunslinger like they are better at punching than a monk. They should give every class legendary weapons, give fighters actual subclasses as compensation and buff casters a bit to match.
>>
>>81302920
Fighter is the MC my dude, its only right they have the highest stats
>>
File: 1631638931684.png (904 KB, 1200x950)
904 KB
904 KB PNG
>>81302920
>>81303041
does anyone even play at legendary levels?
does it even matter?
>>
>>81303144
To be fair, they're +2 everyone else throughout the entire game, and Legendary is just the mechanic that allows that to continue to the highest levels.

On the flipside, +2 to hit is intended to be the Fighter's martial damage amp, comparable to Rage, Edges, and Flurry. And the math works out remarkably well, such that Monks, Barbarians, Rangers, and Fighters are generally equivalent in raw DPR against most targets, especially for the first strike on a given turn. Its just that Fighters get more of their damage from -5/-10 MAP than any other martial, and this is amplified when you're fighting "boss" enemies.
>>
>>81303144
The fighter is always +2 ahead from level 1
>>
>>81303305
And the vast majority of DMs are lazy and mostly use 1 strong enemy encounters throughout campaigns. Hell most official APs do it too
>>
>>81302920
Wish granted. Fighters now count their level as 2 higher than normal for the purposes of determining weapon proficiency, all martials get legendary scaling, and the 55-60% baseline odds of martials hitting at-level enemies with a MAPless Strike are preserved. The fighter subclasses are quite nice, although their feats are a bit weaker to compensate.
>>
>>81279958
>Three party balanced
>Four messes it up

Just throw higher tier monster types at them. Done.

Seriously, the vast amount of problems with balance concerns is a DM being too rigid with a cohesive adventure in regards to opponent types and world/story building. A half-hearted justification is all you need to introduce a high challenge monster group. Human opponent heavy? Slap on better gear and crank up the hp pool and spell variety. Why are they better armed now? Because they encountered opposition and are reactively taking counter measures.

What you absolutely do NOT do is just spam more fodder at them (unless you are using mob mechanics, then spam a BUNCH at them).
>>
>>81279571
Would it make sense for pokedex like devices to exist in Starfinder as standard equipment?
>>
>>81303541
Depends on the character. If they are part of the Starfinder Society in game? Absolutely. Just random smugglers or mercs? No.
>>
2e
What is a 1st-level party actually capable of? They're so fucking weak. How do you give them an exciting inciting incident without killing half of them? Killing one, sure, maybe, but it seems like it's walking on eggshells.
>>
>>81304091
Use CR -1 and 0 creatures as fodder, and CR 1 or 2 creatures as elites. Make liberal use of the weak template to bring creatures into better ranges for them. Let them rest often or give them extra consumables (even above their level) to counterbalance their lack of resources.
>>
>>81304091
A 1st level party is supposed to be squishy bastards.
>>
>>81302345
>>81302502
So are combat maneuvers even good?
When should they be used?
>>
>>81304144
Weak shit.

If they don't have enough sense to stay out of dangerous situations as a level 1 party and also can't entertain the idea of escaping a bad situation? Kill them.
>>
>>81304188
Trip and Grab are great in 2e. Shove is situational, and Disarm is hot garbage. Grab is best against casters and any sort of character that wants to stay away, as obviously restricting movement is nice and the 20% chance to just "whoops dropped your spell" is real nasty. Trip is good when you have multiple martials or backliners who can take advantage of a flat-footed target, and when you have AOO. Trip usually trades 1 action for 1 action at worst (trip for stand) but can go +1 or more if you can sneak in an AOO on a standing target.

And if they want to lie on the ground and fight prone, then you're winning still, because -2 to attack rolls is effectively nerfing their damage by 20%.
>>
Level 5 Barbarian vs Fighter vs Slayer. It's a no magic campaign and I want to be a powerhouse of damage and kill as much as I can before I die. 1e. Which do I go and why? Two-Handed, of course.
>>
Is 16 int enough for a 2e Magus? For that staff user archetype.
>>
>>81304405
If you know what you are doing then you can make Fighter disgustingly powerful with some feat/race combinations. Whereas Slayer gives some utility out of combat too. Barbarian works the best if you want to have some easy feat/power choices and just enjoy smacking things.

Of course everything depends on what you mean with no magic campaign? Without magic items Barbarian is the best choice as others are even more gear dependent.
>>
>>81304458
Even lower is possible if you just buff yourself with spells. If you want damage dealing spells then higher int is better
>>
>>81304678
No magic items, no casters, no spells etc.
>>
>>81304797
Barbie it is then. Without bonus str from rage it would suck to try to hit things.
>>
>>81304865
Even over Fighter with the Two-Handed Fighter archetype?
>>
>>81304188

The huge advantage of combat maneuvers in 2e compared to 1e is that you need next to no investment to make them work. You skill Athletics which you always do as a STR frontliner anyway and other than that, you either have a free hand or a weapon with a trip or grapple trait, done. You could add stuff like Titan Wrestler or some class feats to further boost that, but it is not necessary to make it work.

Aside from that, unlike in 1e, there are almost no enemies that are immune to trip or grapple, so it has much more utility in this system. Enemy flies? Trip doesn't care. Enemy has 8 legs? Trip doesn't care.
>>
>>81304878
Yup.
>>
File: Gnoll Dragon #367.jpg (195 KB, 1161x1340)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
Why Gnolls of all possible races have a bonus to Intelligence???
>>
[1e] Is it always worth putting Keen on an 18-20 weapon?
>>
>>81305015
Smart enough to have a culture built an Amazon fetish.
>>
>>81305034
Yes, unless you get the same effect from somewhere else (spells, feats, ect)
>>
>>81304945
>Aside from that, unlike in 1e, there are almost no enemies that are immune to trip or grapple, so it has much more utility in this system. Enemy flies? Trip doesn't care. Enemy has 8 legs? Trip doesn't care.
The only practical source of trip immunity are swarms, which are immune to Prone. Even Oozes can be tripped. As can, oddly enough, a haunted building, provided you're large enough and have Titan Wrestler.
>https://2e.aonprd.com/Monsters.aspx?ID=475
>>
>>81304739
I thought you only needed the weapon attack to hit to do the spell hit.
>>
>>81304188
Just wanna point out that you can avoid MAP by using assurance (but without that bonus from ability it will be tough to pull it off anyway).
>>
>>81305015
Bonus to STR, bonus to INT... Would Gnoll Magus be any good?
>>
>>81305015

Because a kholo famously was one of the Ten Magic Warriors, Jatembe’s Magi buddies.
>>
>>81304091
1st level is a specialized type of start focused on the weakness and lack of options. Level 3 is everyone's normal start.
>>
>>81305117
You can Trip/Grapple/Shove all sizes by level 7, by having a caster put 4th-level Enlarge on you and taking Titan Wrestler.
>>
>>81305218
You want the Int to add to cantrip damage, mainly early on. 1d10+4 + 1d4+3 = 15, and 1d10+4 + 1d4 = 12. So an easy 25% more damage by moving Int from 10 to 16.
At higher levels this tapers off, of course. If someone told me we were starting at level 10 I'd definitely have Int at 16 max (after the increases at 5 and 10).
>>
>>81305549
3rd-level, whoops. Forgot they removed Colossal.
>>
>>81304988
Not that anon, but how is Barb better for damage over THF fighter?
>>
>>81284256
praise for small mercy's you've gatekept yourself
>>
>>81304091
ifyou're comparing to the ap's just ignore the aps they're written by actual faggots who don't know maths
>>
>>81305720
Its a bit of a coinflip, but ease of access to Pounce for Barb kinda flips it to Barbarian benefit in my opinion. Not to mention the DR and flanking immunity barbs get would be even more important in no-magic campaign.
Of course depending on what races are available and how well you can utilize the extra feats fighter gets you could get about as powerful too.
>>
>>81306078
GM banned Barb from getting pounce in this game, for what it's worth.
>>
https://twitter.com/Delafina777/status/1437545371245424640?s=19
Paizuri might be getting cancelled bros
>>
>>81291682
Gigachads
>>
>>81306252
I'm not sure Jessica Price is a reliable source on anything. She got fired from a gaming company a couple of years back for trying to start fake drama out of completely innocuous comments.
Of course, that won't stop the twitter mob (i.e. the audience Paizo is trying to appeal to) calling for blood.
>>
>>81306252
I faintly remembered the name as someone I despise (there's not many of those) so I looked it up.
She had a shitstorm working for the devs of Guild Wars 2 as a narrative designer. She posted some huge tweet about how narrative design is working out for her. Then a popular community member / streamer said "I agree overall, but I slightly disagree with X" and went on to explain why. She basically followed that up with "stop mansplaining" and threw a tantrum calling the guy an asshat that got her kicked off the company.
I don't think anyone is getting cancelled over this woman.
>>
Paizodrones seem to be taking it seriously.
https://paizo.com/threads/rzs43gyt?Let-me-make-this-clear
>>
Can Petitioners ever retain or regain their memories? Or is it just "lol soul raw material into the plane you go"
>>
>>81306332
Same, i didn't remember her name, but when you mentioned GW it clicked.
>>
>>81303466
like I said, GM is not experienced enough to increase the difficulty without fucking everything up, that's why we're playing a module
>>
>>81306561
There's a spell for it called Judgement Undone that resurrects an already judged petitionner with their memories intact, as long as you've got a deeply personal item from the petitionner.
It also has the nice side effect of massively pissing off Pharasma.
>>
File: 1386954810904.jpg (20 KB, 327x303)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>81306252
>>81306332
>>81306408
>>81306435

Hahah
Jessica price is still at it?
fucking misandrist cunt.
Seriously tho, watching woke companies get devoured by their own Frankenstein monster repeatedly is the most entertaining shit ever.
Why don't these woke companies ever learn?
If you lay down with a rabid dog, do not be surprised if you get your face mauled.
>>
>>81306435
>Finding the Paizo forums led me to becoming genuinely happy for the first time in my life, I had found purpose, I had found friends, I had found family, all of it interwoven together.
That single sentence explains so much about paizodrones.
>>
>>81306688
Oh, but there's no likelihood that a larva or similar will eventually just perk up and go "Wait, my name was Chad McThundercock. Oh, woe is me?"

And speaking of Pharasma, is she the shepard the negative energy devourers pray to? The one that made the doorstops?
>>
>>81306252
My fucking god that rant is so long. There are parts that are valid (the vacuum story and shitty managers being cunts about remote work because they feel useless as their only duty is being overseers and they have troubles with doing that), but then it's back to "uh oh, problematic stuff in books, you can't have madness in a horror book" and then I gave up on reading it.
>>
File: 1379544594485.gif (356 KB, 500x227)
356 KB
356 KB GIF
>>81306770
>you can't have madness in a horror book
she says that because she is literally diagnosed as insane / mentally ill by physicians.

and is exactly what is being talked about in this post (>>81285122). Ideology trying to purge entire story concepts out of public consciousness.
>>
>>81306818
I mean, that's just being a cunt that and breaking other kids toys, just because you can't play with them yourself.
I wasn't diagnosed as insane but there was a possibility of going to a mental asylum due to a heavy depressive disorder and I spent quite a long time on meds. Would I want to play a game talking about depression etc? No. Do I prevent other people that want to play it? Hell the fuck no. It's a game, no one forces you to play it. If you want to use the part about madness (which fits the horror theme a lot) then use it, if you don't want to then don't, simple as.
>>
>>81306712
Almost makes you feel bad for consoomers. Crazy that multiple people chimed in saying they had the same experience, too.
>>
how much Int is ideal for 1e Magus?
Currently I have 12
>>
>>81304797
Wew lad. If that's the premise then unironically play 5e. Trying to make a high fantasy game run without magic is just a slog. And Barb would be pretty ass to play if you have to sort out the (Ex) Rage Powers from the (Su).

>>81304878
That archetype really isn't that good. For most builds its just +2/+3 dmg on one attack per turn until level 11. It doesn't apply to AoOs with a reach weapon or to your high-BAB attack when full-attacking. Additionally you lose Armor Training which means that you also lose Advanced Armor Training and are 10 ft slower than you'd normally be.
Not to mention that you could normally just have taken the Mutation Warrior archetype instead to get a bonus to attack/dmg/AC and flight by level 7.

>>81306153
Oh. So this game is actually meant to continue beyond level 5? Your GM will have to homebrew everything, especially monsters, if they want to keep this going. Or is it only the PCs that can't use magic?
>>
>>81307164
Start out with 14 at least. You want it for uses of Arcane Pool, certain Magus Arcana, bonus spells, concentration checks, and skill ranks. There's not a single 6th level caster I'd start with below 14 in their casting stat, just fyi.
>>
>>81306755
It's exceptionally rare. But no. By the time you're a larva you've already been mindwiped and ground down into soulstuff and remade.
>>
>>81306818
>>81306770
>you can't have mandness in a horror book
That's not what she's saying. But I don't expect people on 4chan to actual understand argument and to be shouted down.

It's less "you can't depict insane people" but "maybe if we're going to model stress and mental illness it shouldn't be "lol you instantly turn into a CE gibbering psychopath", because equating mental illness with violent insanity as a cultural meme is something that has demonstrably harmed people that already have enough problems with what's between their ears. Keep in mind they also got the psychologist they brought on to help with the book to pull all their work from the project too.
>>
>>81307397
Obviously on a horror adventure, madness would turn you evil because you're being influenced by evil shit.
Its a game not a comment on real life mental issues.
>>
>>81307397
>"lol you instantly turn into a CE gibbering psychopath", because equating mental illness with violent insanity
but she is a CE gibbering psychopath
>>
>>81307397
>equating mental illness with violent insanity as a cultural meme is something that has demonstrably harmed people that already have enough problems with what's between their ears
What? Joker?
>>
>>81306252
I'm too lazy to go through all this woman's mad rantings, did she explain the comment about Paizo being indebted to the mob at all?
>>
>>81307779
Jesus christ I love the idea that there's some italian mobster stereotype threatening to break an editor's knees if he doesn't buff rogues.
>>
With so many ASI, are there any bad race/class combinations in Pathfinder 2e?
>>
>>81307874
that would explain why the Human Fighter is the apex of strength in PF2E
>>
>>81307920
Nothing that will permanently hamper you at least.
Even if you have a -2 to your mainstat from your heritage you can still push that to 18 with the voluntary flaws. It gets a bit wonky if you really need multiple attributes, like monks or non-thief rogues but you can usually deal with it fairly well.
>>
File: 1616312762007.png (59 KB, 902x444)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>81306252
Doesn't matter, make sure you keep supporting inclusion and buy the books.
>>
>>81307419
Horror adventure madness isn't just warcraft esque lolcorruption, its just happens because you get stressed out by "mundane" stuff like seeing a dead body.
>>
>>81306435
R***y, thats one of the worst Paidrones on the forums. Their usual takes are just terrible.
>>
Why does Abaddon have people standing outside trying to convince people headed in to go to the other hells? Is it that awful?
>>
>>81307355
a Wish spell could probably fix the soul, if you want to go that way (but then again what can't it do?)
>>
>>81308315
Daemons will eat your soul/use it to engineer the painful destruction of everything ever. Its preferable to have demons and devils than daemons by the cosmic order.
>>
>>81308389
Huh. Doesn't abaddon get the same soul debris that happens when mortal souls are tortured to non-existence/turned into building materials in the other hells, though?
>>
>>81308437
No. Daemons completely destroy souls, breaking the cycle. Anyone despise them for this.
>>
>>81308437
>>81308437
Pfs afterlife scrubs a soul existence in that the mind and person it was is destroyed. The 'stuff' that's important to building the planes is there. Getting Daemon'd takes it out of the equation utterly and that gets them hard because endgame is turning the multiverse into a void with nothing, not even themselves.
>>
>>81308527
>that gets them hard because endgame is turning the multiverse into a void with nothing, not even themselves.
Perfectly reasonable, really.
>>
>>81308266
It is when we're talking about dnd.
>>
>>81308963
No, I mean the literal rules for horror adventures madness has you turning into lmao murder cultist for being exposed to scary/stressful but not supernatural shit. Also martials RAW are very likely to go full batshit after a dew dead bodies.
>>
File: E_SP-e2WUAYWB-p.png (284 KB, 650x915)
284 KB
284 KB PNG
>>81307779
>did she explain the comment about Paizo being indebted to the mob at all?
She pic related, Mona cut her off before she could lay her own story out. Jessica Price is a mad dog, basically.
>>
>>81309218
Further on she said something like that's just his excuse and he spoke about borrowing cash from gangsters for real once he got drunk on a con or smth like that. At that point I didn't real pay attention.
>>
>>81309218
She did say she was saving it for later. I'm half curious if she knows anything about some other wild shit I hear happening at the office like Bulhman bringing a dominatrix into the office to play pf and Jacobs keeping weird bug hentai on his computer and getting a virus.
>>
>>81309074
Those are just bafly written rules, not an intentional attack on mad people.
>>
>>81309287
It doesn't need to intentional to be reprehensible and bad. Especially when they literal paid a mother fucker(so they should know better) to tell them such. Its not malice, but it indicates a thoughtless and laziness that isnt good either.
>>
>>81309279
>weird bug hentai
ah, a man of culture, that's refreshing.
>>
>>81309331
It isn't reprehensible or bad though. It's just not realistic.
>>
>>81307182
Yeah, it'll go past 5. And there is no magic at all. There *are* firearms but they only hit touch AC at 10 feet.
>>
>>81306252
>twitteroids get angry at Paizo and stop supporting their products
>no drop in sales because none of them play games at all
>Paizo realizes that they've been nothing but a loud minority all along and stops with wokeshit
I know it's unlikely to happen, but damn do I want to believe.
>>
File: Magma.png (419 KB, 402x601)
419 KB
419 KB PNG
Is it possible to have two heritages (like Ifrit and Oread)?
>>
>>81306252
Paizo is based as fuck. Literally ordering all 2e books right now because of this.
>>
>>81310720
I don't think there is such an option aside from Elf Atavism
>>
File: Diamond Joe.jpg (69 KB, 500x750)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>81310708
People always say lefties don't play the games but everyone I see at the local game store is like either an apolitical normie or lib/left, and the new Pathfinder video game (which has a lot of LGBT characters )is doing pretty well for itself, so I don't really see how people come to this conclusion other than that they watch too many Youtube videos.
>>
>>81310708
I think it's really a case of everyone being in there bubble. You might not play with leftist, and your internet world is 4chan, but I am with >>81311436 on this. Local game stores are full of leftist. I do believe a large chunk of TTRPG players are leftist. BUT, do not mix leftist (and casual party leftist) with Twitter mob, which is a minority.
>>
>>81311436
No, people sau twitter lefties don't play.
Regular people who lean left aren't posting on twitter all day about dumb shit like how company a isn't woke enough
>>
>>81310708
>stops
Paizo has always been pretty progressive from day 1. Price even states that several times despite more suspect internals, they're pretty progressive LGBT stuff in a way that's not just supplicating an audience and even when doing so was kinda risky.
>>
File: post this rat.gif (286 KB, 498x476)
286 KB
286 KB GIF
So do Dhampirs take damage from Heal or just stuff that does positive damage? The bit specifically says they take damage from positive damage and heal from negative damage like an undead, but they technically are living and therefore wouldn't they just get HP restored from Heal?
>>
>>81310512
In that case I'd choose a nonlethal Vigilante build sequencing into feinting. You'll have the best accuracy without a doubt, and everything that's normally immune to nonlethal is literally magic. Undead and constructs simply won't show up in the campaign if what your GM says is true.
>>
>>81311436
>>81311531
>>81311532
I never said anything about regular leftists, I meant the twitter mob, those two are separate things at this point. Hell, I play with a bunch of lefties irl, and they all cringe at this woke bullshit and don't mind orcs being evil, saying race instead of ancestry, etc.
>>
>>81311836
>Though a living creature, a dhampir reacts to positive and negative energy as if it were undead—positive energy harms it, while negative energy heals it.
Cure spells are positive energy.
>>
So, are dual weapon fighters fun? I really wanna make somebody who gets into the thick of a fight wielding an axe in both hands after rewatching Serenity.
>>
>>81313056
Shit, forgot to specify this is for 2e Pathfinder.
>>
>>81311836
Heal explicitly is positive energy.
>>
File: Suli02.png (585 KB, 666x742)
585 KB
585 KB PNG
>>81310720
There's a special mixed elemental heritage Suli https://2e.aonprd.com/Ancestries.aspx?ID=35
See also Dualborn feat https://2e.aonprd.com/Feats.aspx?ID=2579
>>
>>81313056
They're good and if you can have fun with putting out a lot of damage then yeah they're fun. Double Slice wrecks house. Axes are fine, even very good if your DM likes putting you against tons of enemies. Autists will suggest double picks for huge crits but it's far from necessary.
As for fun, hard to say.
>>
>>81313056
Spam a shitload of attacks so agile weapons are recommended (so hatchets probably cause there are like three agile axes one of which is uncommon), they also have not bad defensive options (like one handed fighters but two levels delayed) and you can also have a not bad throwing options depending on your build. I'd you're using free archetype there is that dual wield one if you want to double up on that.
>>
2e
what ancestries have the coolest feats?
For me, while I don't like elves the ancient elf feat that gives him a multiclass feat is great.
>>
>>81313056
There's the crit-fishing pick build that people talk about (the weapon has fatal d10) which can put out a pretty absurd DPR (maybe the highest in the game?) if you're allowed to just stand next to an enemy and wail on them which is definitely a whiteroom kind of scenario.

If I were to go about it, I'd definitely have 1 weapon for throwing and 1 main-hand weapon with a good athletics trait like trip/grapple just to diversify my options in combat. It might not be quite as efficient as pick spam, but I think having lots of options in combat is important for having fun in 2e. You want many different ways of interacting with the action economy.

As usual for fighter builds the feat requirements are pretty light. You mostly care about double slice and the built in +2 so you have a lot of freedom to branch out your build. I'd pick one of the mental stats as my 2nd/3rd most important stat (focusing on strength and constitution) and try to get some use out of that. Charisma is good since you can also incorporate intimidate into your build.

If you're doing free archetype then you want to take a caster class dedication to pick up some spells or out of combat utility to add more options to your toolbelt. Since the base class is so strong you also have plenty of latitude for picking more RP-centric options like investigator if that's your thing.
>>
>>81313742
Is it really? The first feats for archetypes after dedication are always at least 4th level so you can't just follow it up right away and it's straight up incompatibile with free archetype.
>>
>>81314207
>The first feats for archetypes after dedication are always at least 4th level so you can't just follow it up right away and it's straight up incompatibile with free archetype.
Well, not every table has free archetype.
Also there are a few archetypes that give good benefits right from the start, like the caster ones which give you 2 cantrips or the champion that gives you heavy armor right away.

And at the end of the day, it's essentially an extra class feat if you're starting at a high level.
>>
>>81313742
How would you define as cool? I consider the goblin ones fun. Leshy and Kobold have some minor funs ones.

2e Do you guys think the free archetype optional rule will end up being "optional" like feats in 5e? Should it?
>>
>>81314509
I like it as a DM and my players love it. We do free archetype without having to be thematically linked to the campaign or anything (although we do link it afterwards). The only limitation is that you can only ever pick one archetype.
>>
>>81314540
>The only limitation is that you can only ever pick one archetype.
So no Warpriest/Cavalier/Sentinel/Sorcerer?
Big sad.
I love free archetype, I do wonder how a game with the ancestry paragon rule plays.
I can't think of anything too crazy to off the top of my head.
>>
>>81314583
>I love free archetype, I do wonder how a game with the ancestry paragon rule plays.
I'm not sure how well it impacts the game. Most ancestries barely have 5 or 6 good feats, let alone 11.
>>
>>81284331
Dragon's Demand is awesome. Easy enough for new players, and lasts from level 1 to level 7. This is the length of two Adventure Path books, and gives an absolute TON of material for a full campaign if you ever get the chance to run something that goes high level.
>>
Is there any lore on the various Monk stance feats in 2E? I know Mountain Stance was discovered by dwarves, but I want to know about the others.

cause i'm trying to make a cute monk girl from minkai for a tian xia campaign
>>
>>81309279
>Bulhman bringing a dominatrix into the office
That would certainly explain them printing the Pain Taster.
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/n-r/pain-taster/
>>
>>81314583
>ancestry paragon
It doesn't really add anything.
I tried and most races just don't have enough interesting feats to justify picking 2 every time.
>>
>>81311836
In 2e? They fucked up printing the negative healing trait, which came out after dhampir did. The intent is you're supposed to treat them as undead for everything, but if you base it on the NH trait, then they're just unaffected by Heal and healed by Harm.
>>
>>81314509
>How would you define as cool
Stuff that has meaningful changes to your character, and isn't just a flavor feat with little use like the various race lore feats
>>
>>81306332
>>81306701
>>81306252
Holy fuck, I can't stop laughing. I'd never heard of this person, but scrolling through her Twitter is like reading a parody made by /pol/. Walls of posts complaining about men, whites, straights, capitalism, Christianity, anti-semitism, and a practical novella of 'bro trust me' gossip about a former employer interspersed with retweets from actual rabbi. How do people like this find work?
>>
>>81315643
What do you think diversity quotas, affirmative action, and anti-ableism are for?
>>
>>81315643
she's only worked for woke companies so far
>>
holy shit you guys were right the level of retard on the paizo forum is unreal, Jeff Alvarez replied on the thread about this debacle saying that the allegations of him using slurs are completely false and that most of the lgbt staff of paizo are close friends of his, the reaction was "lol you just played the gay friend card", holy shit how can what I assume are native english speakers have such a low reading comprehension skill
>>
>fighting for my life while being grappled by a monster
>party stays hidden afraid of being targetted by said monster
>20+ something turns
>manage to survive
>party "Stop stealing the spotlight, and GM stop making him the center of the combat"
Jesus Christ today I almost kill 3 people, fucking 20+ turns of them literally shoving their thumbs in their buttholes, afraid of pulling their heads out of cover in case the monster drops me and charges them and then they have the balls of complaining they didnt participate? my fucking god I'm livid
>>
>>81316361
It's not low reading comprehension, people like that are willfully misinterpreting the words of the people they're attacking because they're spiteful and intentionally trying to tear down anyone they deem impure.
>>
File: 92404194.jpg (4.14 MB, 3200x2027)
4.14 MB
4.14 MB JPG
>>81309218
>Mona cut her off

I have been playing too much Genshin to read this properly.
>>
Ah, there it is.
>>
>>81316608
Wait, when did gay men become an acceptable target?
Have I missed something?
>>
>>81316633
Gay men have always been the lowest on the progressive stack totem pole, and the whiter you are the lower you are on that stack unless you're also influential, in which case people can use your influence for clout while constantly looking for an opportunity to tear you down for their own benefit.
>>
>>81316633
Gay men are an acceptable target when they're OPPRESSING poor POC and LBTQ+ individuals with their MALE PRIVILEGE and their LARGE WHITE COCKS. Less ironically, gay white men have long done the best job of appearing as straight white men, with all the "advantages" that entails, and as such are targets for those who do worse jobs of appearing as straight white men.

>>81316361
It's not about reading comprehension, its about a witch hunt. They've decided they want blood and no amount of apologies will slake that thirst.
>>
>>81316633
It's like 4 pages of schizophrenic Jewish victim-rambling but I think the point she's trying to make is that uuuuuuuh, fuck man it's hard to even follow her train of thought. It's so saturated in her degenerate worldview that I have to translate between contexts. But it seems like she's trying to say that the existence of non-Christian religions short circuits atheists' brains and then the gays try to play religious persecution reflexively in response.

This isn't even half of what led up to that post.
>>
>>81316633
Black women >Marginalized women > POC women > women > gay >Blacks > POC > White gay > Asians > Whites
This is more or less the oppression olympics
>>
>>81316691
Wait, is she still ranting about Paizo? How did that rant end up going into some rabbi shit nobody besides her gives a shit about?
>>
>>81316719
Her entire page is rabbi shit. I'm just scrolling down and reading for what amounts to shock value. I was just amused that she cites GamerGate as an example of gays(???) using a Christian worldview to target Jews.
>>
>>81316681
I would have said bisexuals are the lowest on the totem pole, due to being only half gay

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.